Cisco Jabber

Empower employees to work together efficiently from anywhere by bringing together presence, instant messaging (IM), audio, video and web conferencing, enterprise voice, and visual voicemail into one client on your desktop.

Work for Cisco Jabber?

Learning about Jabber?

Cisco Jabber Reviews

Showing 1250 Jabber reviews
Jabber review by <span>Ashish M.</span>
Ashish M.

"Connect to Client with ease"

What do you like best?

The Android App version of Cisco Jabber is too easy and handy to use. I am using this app to connect to client meeting daily. It is so simple just dial in any meeting or personal number and it will make a call using your phone data

What do you dislike?

I am facing one issue in this app as my call is getting disconnected after every some 15 minutes, I am still figuring out the issue for this. Rest all works well in this App.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This you can use for connecting to different meetings, whether solo or in the group. But you can try skype for business as it is widely used in the IT world and will be great to connect with clients.

I am using this app to connect to my client meetings as clients are in Onsite. It can be used for other applications too such as joining a conference call.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Cisco Jabber
Jabber review by <span>Jamie D.</span>
Jamie D.

"Excellent corporate chat tool that works well with other Cisco products."

What do you like best?

Jabber is a solid chat client for the corporate environment. The desktop app is very robust and integrates well with other Cisco products. We have it integrated with our Cisco video phones and WebEx. You can share your desktop, launch a WebEx meeting or take calls over VOIP. It is easy to search for coworker with the active directory integration and organize contacts in groups. It also allows you to view missed calls and listen to voicemail if you have it integrated with your phone system. It will also remind you of WebEx meetings and allow you to launch them from the pop-up reminder. Overall, with the integrations, I believe it is one of the more feature complete chat clients on the market.

What do you dislike?

The mobile app is the only real weak point for Jabber. They have improved it a little over time, but it still has issues. I have used it both on iOS and Android and it is a battery hog. Significantly more battery drain when it is running. Also, it does not save login information when using single sign-on. This means I have to re-authenticate every time I open it fresh. This makes me question whether or not to open it when on the go.

One other issue is slow file transfer. The feature is there and easy enough to select a file, but the transfer is very slow and fails at times. Could be better.

Jabber allows our users to communicate easily and efficiently throughout their work day. It gives quick access to WebEx and phone functions with other Cisco integrations. It also allows staff to work remotely and stay connected.

What Video Conferencing solution do you use?

Jabber review by <span>My N.</span>
My N.

"Your teamates are one click away. Cisco Jabber brings everyone together."

What do you like best?

I like it most because it is so convenient. Everyone is just one click away. communication becomes easier than ever! Imagine that you need to look for someone, travel to meet them, and wait for them when you do not have time and the things you want to ask is not of high importance - that's so troublesome. Most people are too lazy for that. Cisco Jabber solved that!

What do you dislike?

The only thing I do not like about Cisco is that history of old IM will be gone after a period of time :( Cisco is amazing in connecting people but sometimes it helps tremendously if I can go back and read old messages. Please keep the history Cisco Jabber! Sometimes we miss important information in old chat/conversations. Or you can set up an option of keeping histor/deleting old messages, just like imessage or gmail? That would be wonderful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cisco Jabber will bring team members together! Use Cisco Jabber to boost the efficiency of your co-woker. It is such a worthy purchase for me.

And what about you?

When you co-worker is across the room from you or you guys are in different parts of the building, then in-person communication does not work, especially when you just want to say something short. Facebooking and chatting on phone's softwares are not professional at work at all. And distracting as well! Sending emails about a trivial matter? Time consuming and slow! So the need for a software that allows people to chat professionally and only for people who work together is urgent. That's when CJ comes in handy. My company uses Jabber not only for our location, but also in otherlocations too. So basically I can talk to someone I have never met in a quick and casual, interactive way. Communicating with my co-workers also becomes so convenient. It boosts our productivitybecause we save our time and can aske ach other any question without being afraid of bothering others.

Jabber review by <span>Janelle A.</span>
Janelle A.

"Everyone is Accessible"

What do you like best?

I like that I can chat someone in a different department versus playing phone tag or waiting for them to respond to an email. It is convenient for someone like me who may be taking a phone call, typing notes and or email as well as chatting all at once. It is also convenient for reaching someone who is in office but may be in a meeting or just away from their desk.

What do you dislike?

This is a new feature our company has rolled out so at this time, there isn't anything that I do not like about Jabber.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for larger companies who interact with each other on a regular basis.

Customer service issues: for example, a customer is expecting a refund, I can chat someone in accounting for an update. Or, a client is calling in for an update and I can chat the last agent who was assisting them for an update and provide feedback in a more timely manner.

Jabber review by <span>Michael L.</span>
Michael L.

"AIM crossed with Slack crossed with Snapchat"

What do you like best?

Simple and easy to use - Jabber is sort of a no-thrills version of AIM for business.

What do you dislike?

I've had all sorts of weird issues getting Jabber to work when I've moved from one location to another without shutting down my laptop completely. I'm not sure if it's an issue with our remote login or security systems, but it took me a while to figure out that if I move from one wifi to another, I need to manually shut down Jabber to get it to re-connect, which is sort of obnoxious. You also can't look back at old conversations (they are deleted each time you logout), which is extremely frustrating and counter-productive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Beware of the fact that conversations get deleted each time you logout (so it's not as useful for conversations that you could potentially reference in the future).

Jabber gets the job done, but it definitely leaves something to be desired. We use it for intra-office communications, primarily on days when people were working from home.

Jabber review by <span>Matthew H.</span>
Matthew H.

"Good Basic Instant Messaging Client"

What do you like best?

I love the simple layout. Jabber is more responsive than Skype for Business. Jabber offers comparable features to Skype for Business, such as voice calls, video messaging, screen sharing with remote control. Has the ability to change fonts/colors/styles. Conversation history can be saved. Ability to add avatar. Ability for Windows, Mobile, and MAC applications. It does handle Voice Mail if you have supported features, and does integrate with outlook for upcoming meetings, and will change your availability status if you're in a meeting. Ability to call into Cisco Webex meetings

What do you dislike?

The inability to search prior conversation history. You can only scroll through the past conversations, unlike Skype for Business that if enabled, sends conversations to a folder in your inbox that you can use to search through with Outlook.

Also having multiple Webcams (integrated vs external) and mic types confuses Jabber at times and even though defaults are set many times the application forgets them. Screen share quality at times seems less quality than running Skype For Business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skype for Business is hard to beat at $5/month if your company utilizes Office 365 Subscriptions.

Ability to quickly communicate with colleagues. Users can have video conversations with any employee around the world as long as they have a somewhat stable internet connection. Ability to get simple questions and requests answered and taken care of without composing an email. Screen sharing allows IT to see error messages, or allows end users to share presentations with others, again without having to attach the powerpoint, send it via email, and then clutter up your mailbox.

Jabber review by <span>Jessica C.</span>
Jessica C.

"If you don't have an internal instant messaging system, you're doing "communication" wrong"

What do you like best?

I live the reality of a "conference call" centric-job. Back to back calls with little time for lunch nonetheless sitting down with my team as often as I'd like. Jabber allows us to communicate quickly and effectively. I am a member of a global team, so having the functionality to communication with my team members on both my computer and mobile phone is invaluable to me.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any dislikes about Jabber.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Perhaps my strongest recommendation to those considering Jabber is to ask themselves, "is there room for improvement within the amount of our team's communication?" If the answer is yes, then look no further.

Consistent communication is what keeps large teams together. The ball drops when details are missed, conversations aren't captured in writing, and the window of opportunity to communicate is closed by back-to-back meetings. Jabber is the quick and easy answer to keep the ball not only in the air, but flying into the net.

Jabber review by <span>Samantha D.</span>
Samantha D.

"Jabber a good way to stay in touch with friends/colleagues at work"

What do you like best?

I like that it's easy to create group chats and find people in the employee directory. I have several friends at work, and we all have the same job title, so it is super helpful to be able to just IM them via Jabber to ask a question and collaborate on important work documents.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that when you close out of the group chat, you erase yourself from the conversation, and it shows up at someone having "left" the conversation. If I created the chat, I don't want to see if someone has removed them self from the chat. There should just be a way to "mute" notifications or close out of the chat without letting everyone know you left, especially when this is just another way of building team collaboration and helping to build team relationships.

A couple times, Jabber has not launched, but that might have to do with my computer, not the software itself. One benefit is if I have a simple question for someone, and I either don't want to call them or know they won't answer, I can just ask anything via Jabber instead of clouding up their already full inbox with another useless email. Jabber is great for asking quick questions and getting fast responses.

Jabber review by <span>Sandy A.</span>
Sandy A.

"CIsco Jabber - All in one organizational communication platform"

What do you like best?

How easy and integrated it is! Jabber is like instant messenger for organizations. It connects seamlessly to your outlook and Cisco Webex/phone systems to allow users to know when you're in a meeting, presenting, on a call, etc. The integration is truly fantastic across all Cisco products and services - allowing you to join a webex and phone call immediately by clicking on a simple popup within Jabber, and automatically change your status to "on a call" so your colleagues know you're not available.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike, it is simple and effective. If I had to pick one thing, it's not allowing you to choose a nickname. There are many employees that have nicknames or preferred names, and trying to find them by less commonly known legal names is tricky.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Jabber by itself is fantastic, but if you have Webex and phone systems from Cisco, you can really feel the benefit. They integrate together such that if you have a meeting that has Webex enabled, 2 minutes before the meeting Jabber will popup the Webex link for you and ask if you want to call in. If you say yes, simply picking up your phone connects you immediately to your meeting's call line and your computer will launch the video conferencing. It really is an elegant solution.

Collaboration, communication, and greater adaptability with our agile process. Jabber speeds up how fast business can operate. It's also fantastic for working with employees in other locations or working remotely.

Jabber review by <span>Frances N.</span>
Frances N.

"Standard software gets the job done"

What do you like best?

Chances are, pretty much everyone you know uses Cisco Jabber at work, and that's probably the best feature. Because this is a very standard software, it is easy to get to know, everyone knows how to use it, and you're not likely to have to learn a new system when you go to a new company.

What do you dislike?

Logging in, at least for me, can be buggy. There are times where I am able to log in, but I have to do it twice. Or, I do log in, and then for some reason it says I can't get full functionality. It's fine, but I would prefer it to be a little more transparent in terms of instructions and being a consistent experience. I don't want to have to guess every time i log on to cisco that I am fully logged in, or if I am visible to other members or something like that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to train new hires well on this system IF they have never used it before. That way, they will be able to use this knowledge again and again.

Obviously, you are solving the problem of instant communication. You are not limited by people checking email, but you also don't have to get on the actual phone, which can be a hassle when you don't want to necessarily bother someone.

I believe this also solves the problem of using a new system at every company. If everyone uses Cisco, not as much time is waster on training, etc.

Jabber review by <span>Amanda C.</span>
Amanda C.

"A way to connect your office phone to your computer"

What do you like best?

I like that I can check my voicemail from any computer I'm on. I switch offices halfway through my shift, so if I get a phone call at my extension, I can still check my voicemail without having to run to my other office-space.

It's also a nice other way to chat with employees for quick questions. And you can see your calendar on it. It really connects all forms of communication here for the college employees.

What do you dislike?

I think that it could be more prominent, I'm not sure how many people actually use it. Also, I think your contacts should just be synced. When I log in, mine don't seem to sync with my email.

Maybe if it would automatically open when you log onto the computer then more people would realize and utilize it.

It opens the lines of communication more and connects all the lines that we have already been utilizing. It's nice to be able to see the voice mails and calendar and contacts all in one space.

Jabber review by <span>Matt P.</span>
Matt P.

"Great communication tool and softphone."

What do you like best?

The screen sharing feature is probably my favorite feature on jabber. As an IT professional, users jabber me all the time and asking them to share their screen to show me an issue is very convenient. It also integrates with outlook calendar to show when you're in a meeting, which I believe is part of the presence server function. It will change your status to on call if used with a company VOIP system. Having the ability to listen to voice messages through the Jabber software over headphones is also convenient.

What do you dislike?

I honestly don't have any specific dislikes when it comes to the software itself. The issues come in on the back end and configuration side. In the past year we've had it go down a handful of times, which was usually due to a server needing to be rebooted. I Also think it would be nice if a voice to text for voice messages could be added in the future, or maybe it's already there and our company doesn't use it?

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great software, just have to make sure the Internal and external administrators are fully trained in administrating and supporting it.

Simply put, it's a convenient communication tool. easy to look up someone in the company and send them a quick message. Especially as an IT support person I can easily contact someone to view and correct their issue. It also works with a variety of meeting tools such as Webex and Tandbergs.

Jabber review by <span>Robbie S.</span>
Robbie S.

"Works well mostly"

What do you like best?

I have used Cisco Jabber (previously Cisco Communicator) for Mac & PC for awhile now. I like the ability to search for contacts within AD and find specific extensions. It is very useful for me to use a headset and make calls from my computer rather than the phone, as well as take calls and listen to voicemail.

What do you dislike?

Jabber for Mac crashes frequently when trying to go to Recent Calls. I have consulted with out Communications Network Admin but we have not reached a resolution. It no longer offers to generate a report like it used to, so I have no logs to provide him. As far as I know, I am running the latest version but when I select Check For Updates, nothing happens.

It is now easier for me to utilize calls from my computer and communicate with coworkers, saving time and effort.

Jabber review by <span>Rachel O. S.</span>
Rachel O. S.

"Jabber does its job."

What do you like best?

Jabber is a program that essentially works as a chatroom. You can have group chats, send files and images, and have a live status. The status I find especially helpful because it allows you to put your location, which helps when you need people to be able to find you in a building with tons of meeting rooms!

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it can't send live videos or gifs! On a serious note, I dislike that sometimes it cancels file requests for no reason, and that it deletes conversations older than a week. Also, there is no searchable IM feature that allows you to go back through and find your old conversations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I still prefer Slack for smaller teams, but this is great for a larger corporation.

It is immensely helpful in quick communication. We all receive so many emails a day that when you have a small question Jabber makes a world of difference in your question being seen.

Jabber review by <span>Joseph C.</span>
Joseph C.

"Great for communicating with your team."

What do you like best?

I like that the team can communicate constantly. Groups can be made so you can easily sort through your contacts. We use this simultaneously with HipChat.

What do you dislike?

I feel as though the interface could be cleaner. It's also tough to update your profile photo. One of the biggest issues we have within our company is with many contacts, the avatar for each person gets switched with random people. This results in people sending a message to their boss that they meant for another coworker, etc. Simply because they saw the picture incorrectly and started typing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great for communicating with people in different departments and even shows their job titles so you know who you are talking to.

The fact that it integrates well with out Cisco phone system and webex has been helpful. We can be chatting with someone and then just click to call them quick and it's all in sync.

Jabber review by <span>Rebecca H.</span>
Rebecca H.

"Jabber is okay if you've never experienced Skype for buisness"

What do you like best?

I like that it's easy and hasn't broken on me ever. It's really reliable; and doesn't seem to take up a lot of processing power. I like that you can update your status to a custom text.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately, I have used other messaging tools that are designed better and I'm comparing Jabber to those tools. For example, Skype for business. I like that there aren't more status options. I want a 'Do Not Disturb' option, then other people aren't able to message me if I'm incredibly busy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a very simple tool. It's good for end users who aren't on the tech savvy side, but need a collaboration tool. I'm not sure of the pricing, but for some business, I think this would be a great option.

This is used as a virtual collaboration tool of sorts. Most of my team works remotely and we create a group chat daily to stay in touch. We are currently looking at other options for this functionality.

Jabber review by <span>Barbara B.</span>
Barbara B.

"A functional way to manage phone calls."

What do you like best?

I make on average 70 calls a day, and Jabber makes the process much more streamlined. I use it with a headset to make and pick up calls through my computer, which is much easier and more comfortable than calling and dialing on a real phone. Internally my team uses it to chat with each other and see when everyone else is in the office. I like that it syncs with our calendars to determine when my colleagues are busy or on another call.

What do you dislike?

Jabber is a bit buggy. On occasion it will eliminate the call or chat button from random people in my phone book while they're online. This is very frustrating, and requires me to go back to my regular phone or work with the remaining options it is offering me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It works for me and I am required to use it, but I think there are similar competitors out there that are better. I wish it integrated with SalesForce, but it doesn't.

Eliminates the margin of error when calling because it allows you to copy paste phone numbers directly from other windows on your computer. Makes rolling calls and huge call campaigns much easier.

Jabber review by <span>Alonzo H.</span>
Alonzo H.

"Cisco Jabber - To Chat or to be Watched"

What do you like best?

I like the fact i can show my availability based on my calendar. Instant messaging and shared view for cooperative work are great features and very useful.

What do you dislike?

Without your calendar dictating availability you have to manually make changes when you dont want to be bothered. Not a big deal, but for some higher ups showing they are available all the time just because they do not have a meeting scheduled can be annoying.

Well the business problem we wanted to solve was inner office communication. We wanted to leverage this tool to increase the cooperative problem solving throughout the company. We really haven't had a great success with this, yet. Changing ideologies and mindsets are difficult. People still send emails instead of using the tool, plus they see it as a way for their managers to monitor their "active" status.

Jabber review by <span>Andrey S.</span>
Andrey S.

"Allows me to take my desktop phone anywhere with me"

What do you like best?

Everyone in our office has a desktop phone. It is a standard Cisco phone and you can cal to anybody in the office. But what should you do if you work from home or travel. Here's when Cisco jabber comes to the rescue.. You still have your regular ext number, but it is inside your PC. Very convinient

What do you dislike?

I don't like that there's only one client available and that technology is not opened to a public. You can't download this jabber client anywhere else except you admins will send you the setup file.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have employees that work from home or travel a lot and you also have Cisco based internal infrastructure, then this is a must have! This will solve a lot of problems and in many cases you won't even notice that the person is away.

If you're working from home or are travelling and you still need to have your ext number and communicate with your office colleagues - this is a perfect tool that let's you stay connected and participate in all meetings and conversations.

Jabber review by <span>Cameron S.</span>
Cameron S.

"Cisco Jabber Review "

What do you like best?

Cisco Jabber is really nice to communicate quickly with coworkers. I can ask them questions and receive a response without having to say anything out loud. Screen share is also a very helpful feature. My coworkers and I use this feature frequently. However, I do not know how to use the screen share tool, so I would recommend that Jabber becomes a little more user friendly.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the emojis on Jabber are very limited. I have not played around in Jabber too much, but I think they need to improve starting group messages. I have been using Jabber for over a year. but I am still unsure how to do that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend that others use Cisco Jabber at work. However, I would recommend that they take time to get to know all the features and benefits because it is not as user-friendly as I would like.

I solved several business problems through Jabber such as complicated parking questions. A huge benefit to using Jabber is being able to communicate with managers, coworkers, and others instantly. If I have a question, I don't have to bother anyone. They can respond to me quickly with the information without interrupting their work.

Jabber review by <span>John Micheal D.</span>
John Micheal D.

"Cisco Jabber: A Great Tool For Effective Communication "

What do you like best?

Cisco Jabber gives helps me to message and communicate with my colleagues in the office easily! It uses real time messaging that can reduce the delay of communication. It also helps to inform other whether you are active or not by displaying your status, which you can also customize. Not only through text messaging, it also helps us to communicate with other colleagues in different countries via Voice and video. The thing that I liked about it's voice and video conference is that it's packed with other features such as desktop sharing, soft-phone connectivity and the HD or High Definition quality of its voice and video. It also connects to my Microsoft account and Outlook so that whenever I have a meeting scheduled in outlook, it automatically updates my status in Jabber.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I dislike about this software is that there is no mode for it to save or archive previous conversations, which is very important and critical especially when it involves work or business related discussions. You have to manually copy/paste conversations or to take a screenshot of them just to have a backup or copy that conversation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cisco Jabber is very easy to use and helps you to communicate to other instantly!

The business problem that we are solving with Cisco Jabber is the instant relay of messages and increasing overall productivity with the help of improving communications both inside and outside the office

Jabber review by <span>Julie U.</span>
Julie U.

"Cisco Jabber Review "

What do you like best?

Jabber is a great resource for internal employees to communicate with one another without having to leave their desk and disrupting what they are currently doing. If I have a question, I can quickly type it out and send it on its way knowing I'll get a response almost instantly. It is extremely useful for collaboration and I really like how I can message someone who does not work in my office without having to call them. I highly recommend employees use this for ease of use and quick responses.

What do you dislike?

I think the only dislike I have regarding this is that if I pick up the phone to call someone a huge box comes up on my screen showing that I am about to call someone. Other then that I like that it has a tab at the top of my screen where I can type in an employee name and message them and it doesn't get in the way of my work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Jabber is a quick and efficient way to get a fast response via messaging.

Cisco Jabber is a fantastic resource for group collaboration via messaging and being able to quickly send a message to other employees in different offices. If a coworker cannot make a meeting, we can jabber with them during the meeting to keep them in the loop without disrupting the meeting. Jabber is a great alternative to sending an email. I think Jabber is faster and more efficient.

Jabber review by <span>Jeanette G.</span>
Jeanette G.

"Easy to Use Messaging/Phone System"

What do you like best?

I love that a window pops up on my desktop when someone is calling and that I can dial from my computer instead of my phone. It's also great for an internal instant messaging system. I like that it integrates with my Outlook calendar and will show if I'm in a meeting/away/out for the day. It's also great because there is an option to forward desk calls to your cell phone or another home if you are working off-site.

What do you dislike?

It's hard to add people to your list of people to message. I also wish messages didn't immediately pop up on screen and instead an icon flashed in the task bar.

It's easy to make phone calls, easy to have calls forwarded when working offsite so that remote employees are easily reachable and helps to see when someone is or is not available.

Jabber review by <span>Shawn D.</span>
Shawn D.

"Easy to communicate and correspond very quickly"

What do you like best?

The availability notifications. When they are online, on the phone, in a meeting. The automation of meeting reminders and the ability to connect directly to WebEx meetings from the application. I also like the mobility of it, I can use it from my mobile device even when I am not in the office or near my computer. In addition to that, the forwarding of calls to another device is very good. I can switch my call to my mobile phone and continue the conversation if I have to leave my desk.

What do you dislike?

I prefer having the ability to set my location, but it doesn't always work. It does not offer a chat archive to retrieve historical conversations when required. We don't always think of using e-mail, but sometimes have to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth everything you can think of.

Group chat makes it easy to get an idea shared or a problem solved quicker. Immediate meetings and desktop sharing make explanations on tasks and collaboration much easier. Sending files directly to a user is also good.

Jabber review by <span>Eric B.</span>
Eric B.

"Works well"

What do you like best?

I can highlight most phone numbers and right click to call through Jabber. Conferencing in another party is easy. The presence is very helpful - I can see who is on and who isn't.

What do you dislike?

For the Contacts area, the icons are too big so you can't see very many contacts and it takes up too much space on the screen. Also, you can't create your own local contacts (technically you can) - they propagate to the whole user group (and ours is big) so effectively you can't.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would rate this a 7 that it meets my requirements if it had a local phone book that actually worked as it should. Other than that, it seems to be stable. Also, you should know that it works well with USB head sets from Plantronics, VXI and Jabra.

The company has provided this on our laptops so that our desk phone is mobile - and it has worked so far especially since I work out of my home the majority of the time. I have also been able to provide my customers one contact phone number instead of an office and cell - the Jabber forwards to my cell if I don't answer it or my computer is off.

Jabber review by <span>Ashley R.</span>
Ashley R.

"Easy and simple to use! Easy to navigate!"

What do you like best?

What I like best is the conferencing and transfer capabilities. When a customer calls with a question I might not know the answer to, I can connect them to the person who does. I can also stay on the call to learn and be able to answer the question on my own next time.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike is the fact that there are no pop up notifications that alert you when you have a voicemail, or a missed call from someone. If you do not bring up the jabber window yourself, those calls can sometimes go unnoticed. Unless there is a setting somewhere to add notification sounds or alerts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is easy to use, and has a lot of different features, that if you take the time to learn about, they can be very beneficial. I use it to merely make and receive customer phone calls, however I might look into all the other features so that I can use Cisco Jabber to the best of my ability and take advantage of all the benefits of Cisco Jabber. When using Cisco Jabber, I feel stress free and accomplished.

Business problems that I am solving would be ones in which I am educating myself by transferring calls or conferencing calls where I can listen in on someone take the lead to a question I do not know, and gain knowledge for the next time I am prompted with a similar question.

Jabber review by <span>Juan Carlos M.</span>
Juan Carlos M.

"Great product however you need good bandwith"

What do you like best?

Great tool for conferencing and extending your cisco extension to your mobile phone, I used it since I worked in a call center and I needed to be on the floor, this tool allowed me to be reached all the time as if I had my cisco extension on me.

What do you dislike?

It did require a lot of bandwidth and a good phone in order to use the features, I struggled with an older phone so I had to switch to a newer version since it used a lot of system memory and also I had issues when there was a slower connection.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just make sure you have a powerful mobile system and enough bandwidth to be able to use it well.

It allowed me mobility, mainly as I needed to get a trustworthy mean of contact which could be easily managed, also many times in conference calls, this allowed me to do it anywhere.

Jabber review by <span>Diane J.</span>
Diane J.

"Easy-to-use communication tool for our company. "

What do you like best?

The software is excellent depending on how it is used, you can see the status of someone, whether you are talking on the phone, etc. This is very useful in a customer service environment when there are people waiting to talk to someone. It is also ideal for instant communication between employees. There is a storage environment for screenshots for those who need to send files instantly without email, It has the ability to integrate with Outlook so you can see the presence of people to determine if they are available to chat or not. There is also the possibility of sending video messages, however, my organization does not use this. you have the ability to create a contact list for quick and easy use, and there is the option to create a chat group if there is more than one person to whom you want to give the same message.

What do you dislike?

One thing which I would like to suggest that there should appear employee information on clicking on its name like contact number and designation. It will become more suitable then. Else it is good now too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

very useful and easy to use, recommended.

i have been using this for more then 3 year and it makes my work like scheduling meeting , chatting with teammates singly or in group very easy. i do not need to look for my notebook or anywhere to find the phone number and email id to contac the person and it can be easily seen in jabber.

Jabber review by <span>Jeremy S.</span>
Jeremy S.

"Where would I be without Cisco Jabber?"

What do you like best?

Where do I begin?

Instant Message

Screen Share

Presence

Directory search

What do you dislike?

Currently there is a bug that sometimes mixes pictures up for contacts.

They have fixed this issue in 11.8.4 that was just released.

As of now you are unable to search by all the fields for the user. This would be a nice addition if you don't remember the persons name but you have the extension they are at. or Searching by department or job title to get closer to the person you need to get a hold of.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have your system ready before you do the install and go by best practice so you are not chasing your tale trying to make it work after words. Be sure to have your login for Cisco not be your email as it makes it confusing for the IM address and confusing for Cisco when they try to help set it up. When configuring a Jabber Config file less is more as in the less stuff you have in it the less stuff you have to break. So keep it simple.

Quicker response and the ability to respond when your on a call or busy doing something else and are unable to set what your doing aside to give a quick response. Knowing the presence of a person whether in a meeting or on the phone or away even the custom status makes it nice.

Jabber review by <span>Victoria P.</span>
Victoria P.

"Great Program!"

What do you like best?

It shows who is on and who is available to take a call or see a student

What do you dislike?

Does not save your messages when using the messenger part if you exit out of the message box.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure all users are signed on so that the Administrative Assistant can see who is on a call or in a meeting. If you are not logged on, it does no good to use this software. You should also have employees remember that if the meeting is canceled to turn the status back to available. They should do the same for lunch and leaving early.

We can see you is available to transfer the call. If they are in a meeting or they are on another call, it shows me and I don't end up transferring a student to voicemail.

Jabber review by <span>Denny C.</span>
Denny C.

"VoIP phone integration done right"

What do you like best?

Once set up by your IT staff, your PC rings at the same time as your desk phone. You can then answer either with your desk phone's handset, or via your PC. Your PC uses your PC's mic or headset which I enjoy since I almost always work with headphones on, and as a software engineer am always at my computer if I'm at my desk.

What do you dislike?

The interface is rather dated and can be confusing at times. You also get notifications whenever any of the contacts that you've added to your lists come online. It took me quite some time to figure out how "mute" those notifications - and have only been able to do it on a per-contact basis.

Cisco Jabber provides direct integration with my company's VoIP service. This allows me to more easily make and receive telephone calls. It also gives me a GUI for checking my voice mail which is much less cumbersome than navigating a PBX via a touch-tone phone.

Jabber review by User in Libraries
User in Libraries

"Cisco Jabber"

What do you like best?

I love that I can see phone messages on my computer. I also really like the fact that they provide a transcript of the message so you can read it instead of listening to it if you are in a crowd. I also love the fact that I can be anywhere in my building and receive a phone call or a message.

What do you dislike?

It seems that sometimes I have trouble clicking between messages. I find it to be a bit slow to react.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cisco Jabber is great for those of us who are not always at our desks. I can receive calls and messages when I'm in another room in the building. I like the chat feature as well. I recommend this to other companies, especially those who employ workers who are often in other parts of the building.

Flexibility to be away from your desk when you are awaiting a phone call.

Jabber review by <span>Brittany L.</span>
Brittany L.

"Great for in-office communication"

What do you like best?

Ease of creating group chats for collaboration, and use of statuses that links into email.

What do you dislike?

Can't send pictures or use some of the other features when on group chat; limits collaboration somewhat. Limited emojis.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I haven't used all of the features of Jabber, but I think it would be a great way for teams to collaborate especially across diverse locations, where in-person meetings are not feasible. I like the way it integrates into Microsoft Outlook.

Collaboration is our primary use for this software. We are able to communicate quickly and effectively without the need to interrupt another's work flow. Questions can be asked and answered rapidly and it minimizes needless interruptions of peoples' work. Also, it helps create a social atmosphere at the office.

Jabber review by <span>Lauren W.</span>
Lauren W.

"Jabber allows for effective communication"

What do you like best?

Jabber allows me to instant message my coworkers questions without having to clog up their inbox.

What do you dislike?

The update has made jabber a little bit harder to navigate. It may be operator error, but I used to love the feature of being able to copy and paste numbers to call, rather than dialing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would very much recommend Jabber! I love that it connects with the phone system and helps me keep my voicemails in order, as well as allows instant and quick communication with coworkers.

Again, not having to email coworkers questions is great! It also allows me to favorite people I communicate with frequently. I love that is stores my voicemails as well and makes it easy to call back with one click!

Jabber review by <span>Farid S.</span>
Farid S.

"Another one in the bunch of messaging tools that sticks to a classic interface"

What do you like best?

Cisco Jabber gives me a fresh breath of air when it comes to using a messaging tool. Products like Skype have become so bloated while Cisco Jabber sticks to the basics.

What do you dislike?

The fact that it is not as popular as it should be. Very few organizations use Jabber.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a very tech savvy group of people, go ahead and use it. Your users will likely love it. However, if you have a very diverse group, stick to another solution as implementing Jabber is not as easy to get others to familiarize themselves with it.

Internal communication with users. I have used Jabber twice, once before it was owned by Cisco and once after. The one time I used it before, it was mostly because I wanted to learn how to install the server side and I ended up getting one more person to install it; it served its purpose. The second time, it was used in my organization as a trial run but it was never adopted by the majority of our own group or anyone outside. It seemed like a good idea to move towards it but it never came to fruition so I stopped using it.

Jabber review by User in Higher Education

"Great application for instant messaging and soft phone"

What do you like best?

I like how the status for the user does not show how long you have been away for, but sometimes it is useful information to know if someone has been away for a while so that you can see if they will be coming back soon.

What do you dislike?

I don’t like the design of the program as much as Skype for Business’s because I feel like the design looks a little outdated. I also don’t like how the status is not always synced up with my calendar so it does not always show that I’m in a meeting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider looking at Skype for Business especially if you already use Office 365 for licensing.

Communication and collaboration. It is a lot easier to send a quick instant message than write an email that’s very short because it can clutter up the inbox. I do think it makes it easier to ask questions too.

Jabber review by <span>Sheronda M.</span>
Sheronda M.

"Jabber Junkie"

What do you like best?

What is there not to like. It's instant messaging without all the extra distractions. I use it for work and have never had an issue with it! Screen sharing. I love seeing who is calling my phone on my computer! That is by far one of the best features. I even had it for an additional phone line that was at a different desk so I knew if I should get up and answer the call or not. Wonderful!

What do you dislike?

If anything it would be that the call feature calls from my computer and not my phone. If I could work that out then I'd be set. Knowing Jabber it already has this feature waiting for me to discover.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Can't really say as to the fact that I don't know if it's user error, but I'd like to press the call button and it connect to my phone.

I can see when co-workers are available, on a call, or in a meeting. This helps me not interrupt and also let's me just message them if it's a quick question. Screen sharing with people in a different state makes me a lot more comfortable than having someone remote into my computer. They see what I want them to see.

Jabber review by Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting
Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting

"Cisco Jabber Review"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of it being like an instant messenger, where you can have conversations with co-workers throughout the day. However, you do not have to respond at that moment. I like how it does not show if you have read the message or not but does show when you get a response back. I also like how easy it is to look people up by phone number and see who is available online to chat. It is also easy to sort and see what calls I have received, miss and placed without having to look through my Cisco phone.

What do you dislike?

There is no way to delete the history at the end of a chat/day. I also don't like how the calls I pick up load into the chat message. It is very basically and doesn't have much to choose from but that is to be expected. It is definitely a very simplistic device that does the job but doesn't offer much "eye appeal."

Recommendations to others considering the product

I don't have any major recommendations, other than it is easy to use and requires little work. I feel like today most people are not fond of talking on the phone and this is an easier, less formal way of talking that doesn't require an email. Almost like texting but without the phone and having to switch between devices.

I am solving easier communication skills. Easier to communicate while there is a customer nearby that doesn't need to hear what is being said. And sometimes easier to utilize because people like to text/write via computer than talk over the phone. It is less formal so you do not have to think too much about the way you are styling and formatting your sentence structure.

Jabber review by <span>Andra C.</span>
Andra C.

"Not as user friendly as Microsoft Office Communicator"

What do you like best?

I like that I can utilize my calendar within Cisco Jabber. Not having to minimize Jabber and open Outlook to view my calendar saves time and efficiency.

What do you dislike?

I don't find this program as user friendly as Microsoft Office Communicator. I find that screen sharing is easier in Office Communicator and there are a lot more statues to choose from in Office Communicator to let others know your current status. I don't like that I cannot separate my chat views. I have to open all chats before knowing who exactly sent me the instant message. I haven't been able to determine user credentials as easily as I did in Microsoft Office Communicator.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you don't get rid of your previous communicator program prior to going live with Cisco jabber. We've seen issues across the board where users aren't able to log in or it works for them one day but not the next. Make sure to send out procedures on using this program to all employees.

I have not been using this product long enough in order to see business benefits. Some users are having trouble accessing the program so we are not able to use it with everyone consistently.

Jabber review by User in Banking
User in Banking

"Instant Messenger for a new and modern generation"

What do you like best?

i like how jabber is essentially my instant messenger, phone and lifeline to my co-workers all in one platform and service.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about jabber is when i switch my status to away, when i come back it doesn't automatically switch me back to the "available" status. So some days it says i'm away for hours because i honestly forget to switch the status back myself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

i cannot recommend Jabber enough to any medium or large size company, especially if you have folks who work in multiple states, work from home or constantly travel on the road for work.

Jabber was able to solve a problem for us where we have a very large team and organization with people all over the country, and not everyone works out of an office with a desk or phone, and connect us all at the click of a button. The benefits cannot be spoken about enough. It integrates with all our Webex meetings, phone systems and more.

Jabber review by User in Individual & Family Services
User in Individual & Family Services

"Customer Service Representative"

What do you like best?

I love how streamlined the access to this is. It's so simple to search, add, delete, and call people when I need it right away. I can literally click a button and it takes me to where I need to be, which is extremely efficient when I'm needing to accomplish something quickly.

What do you dislike?

I honestly can't think of anything about this product that I often find myself disliking. It did initially take a little bit of time to figure it all out, but once that happened, it was basic and simple to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's best to properly train employees when they are first hired and begin using this program. It's easy to use once you're familiar, but in my case, I was just thrown in and not given much instruction as to use of the application.

It's efficient to be able to call or message someone with the click of a button. I don't have to remember extensions for people around our business, which is extremely beneficial in saving time.

Jabber review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Useful communication app with VoIP integration"

What do you like best?

Jabber allows us to integrate with several systems like Presence and Active Directory and gives our users a platform to communicate in several ways with many useful tools, like screen sharing and transferring files. And integration with our phone system allows it to tie into our Cisco phones also, making Jabber the primary tool outside of email for communication in our organization.

What do you dislike?

Some of the integrations can be difficult to setup, especially if using older versions of Cisco software like UCCX.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Verify it can integrate with your phone system for the VoIP features.

We switched our soft phone setup for users from Cisco IP Communicator to the Jabber integration and this has allows additional functionality from the tool, and let us retire the old IP Communicator setup and software from end user's machines. This gives us one less piece of software to support.

Jabber review by <span>Blake N.</span>
Blake N.

"Great for screen sharing"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use of Jabber and being able to share my screen with colleagues to explain the system. I also like the ability to have the document transfer retention as well as the retention of previous conversations.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how it will crash on occasion. I also think it would be nice if the app was updated to be able to support the full screen on the iPhone X.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would always recommend having it sign in automatically and also downloading it on your phone so you don't miss any notifications when you are not at your desk, it really helps.

Being able to communicate across offices and training multiple users at once.

Jabber review by User

"Business version of AIM"

What do you like best?

I like the convenience and the ease of use with Cisco Jabber. It has the ability to organize your coworkers in a dashboard, easy communicating for quick questions, and you can dial numbers directly from the application and have it go to your phone ( so no going back and forth looking at computer and phone)

What do you dislike?

There really isn't much to dislike about this product unless you are using it for something other than it is intended to be used for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a product of Cisco so the support isn't that amazing, but we rarely ever have to contact support for the use of this product. Setup is easy, upgrades are easy as well.

Cisco Jabber helps us to communicate without having to send a bunch of emails and wait replies or get up from our desk to speak to our co workers on 10 different floors of our building to ask a question. It does give us the ability to see if they are available on the phone or busy and can't talk.

Jabber review by <span>Justin J.</span>
Justin J.

"Work Communication"

What do you like best?

A quick an easy way to communicate with coworkers without a question getting lost in an email inbox, or wasting time walking to them for a few second answer. Since we started using it a few years ago our usage has increased dramatically and the ability to share images and others easily allows me to answer engineering questions without trying to guess what someone means over the phone or vice versa. We also use a Cisco phone system, it may not be specific to that, but with it a notification of a call pops up on your computer in case you have headphones in and don't hear the call, and you can make calls directly from your computer.

What do you dislike?

At times I have trouble connecting, it could be something server side but you're forced to completely close and reopen the program at times to allow a log in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very helpful software, not sure of the implementation or cost but it will save time on multiple personnel interactions.

Jabber allows us to quickly and efficiently collaborate with colleagues without wasted time and effort. When guiding another engineer through a design he hasn't done before I'm able to send screenshots and step by step processes for him to follow at his desk. Honestly, it cuts down on the small talk that usually ensues when you make a trip to someone's office for a simple question.

Jabber review by <span>Reita S.</span>
Reita S.

"Makes collaborating much easier! "

What do you like best?

I like how easily accessible it makes communication among our offices located all over the US.

What do you dislike?

It doesn’t alway automatically sign you in when you log in to your phone and acc

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to read the instructions- It helps a lot! Normally I just glance over stuff like that, but the first few weeks after our company started using Jabber, I was so lost until I looked at tutorials and could have just peeked at the directions that came with our hardware! It made life soooo much easier!

We don’t have to spend a long time trying to call or email each other/wait for a response so we can serve our clients quickly and effix

"Cisco Jabber Review "

What do you like best?

With people spread out across my office building and campus where I work, it is a fast efficient way to have quick conversations to keep the work moving forward. You can easily manage contacts and find people and create groups. You can also do audio calls and share you screen or send attachments.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I "lose" information because I closed the window and can't get back to see the conversation. Also, I don't see a setting to make it pop up on your screen when someone messages you. The icon just kind of blinks at the bottom of your screen and it is easy to miss if you don't have your sound on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good, solid tool to use for communication.

Quick and efficient communication. Saves time and also keeps conversations short so you get the information you need but don't get down into the weeds of more details or personal conversations that derail productivity.

Jabber review by <span>Kelly A.</span>
Kelly A.

"Cisco Jabber Review"

What do you like best?

What I like most about Cisco Jabber is the ability to use my cell phone for my work calls and have vendors, end users, etc not know the difference. I also really like using the Jabber client for my work calls when I am at my desk.

What do you dislike?

What i dislike most is that when I'm on a call using my Jabber softphone, if I start working in other windows on my computer, the Jabber call doesn't stay at the forefront of the screen anywhere (even if I have that button checked in the options). So when my call ends, I'm usually scrambling along my taskbar to find the Jabber icon so I can hang up.

Giving end users the ability to use Jabber on their mobile devices gives them more freedom away from the office. Also, the desktop client allows them to easily chat back and forth with colleagues in the office.

Jabber review by <span>Monica C.</span>
Monica C.

"Jabber para empresas"

What do you like best?

Cisco Jabber es una de las mejores herramientas para hacer llamadas desde un equipo de computo y donde estés, puedes llevar el teléfono de tu oficina a donde quieras solo requieres tener una conexión a Internet. Cisco Jabber es tan fácil de usar como cualquier teléfono físico, solo que lo harás desde un equipo de computo o desde la APP móvil para los celulares. Es tan fácil de usar como tener unos audífonos y laptop para poder hacer y recibir llamadas con Jabber. La tendencia es tener menos herramientas que nos aten a la oficina, ya todo va para la parte móvil y Cisco Jabber ayuda mucho

What do you dislike?

Cisco Jabber tiene tantas bondades que es difícil saber algo que no me guste, lo unico que limita el funcionamiento es que debes tener una VPN para poder hacer y recibir llamadas telefonicas

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cisco Jabber es una herramienta fácil de usar, económica ya que ahorraras en equipos físicos, también es fácil de administrar para las personas que se dediquen a instalar, configurar y dar soporte. Realmente es una herramienta muy util

Cisco Jabber es muy útil cuando no quieres hacer un gasto en equipos o estas fuera de tu oficina por largos periodos de tiempo. En caso de no gastar en equipos físicos solo puedes comprar diademas o con unos simples audífonos ya puedes realizar las llamadas sin problema. En caso de que viajar mucho y querer llevar el numero de la oficina para todos lados también es muy útil

"Love the features"

What do you like best?

I like that it is on your desktop and you can see who is calling and answer or ignore the call, instant message others for a quick answer, and you can listen to your voice mail right at your computer monitor. Your voice mails go to your email address, so if you are out of the office you can see you have a voice mail.

What do you dislike?

The redial is a little tricky. The connecting an outside call to you then another outside caller to the conversation is tricky, but I'm old school so it just may take a little longer for me to catch on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it. We love it here.

I use the instant message. If I need an quick answer from someone, I get on there and ask and you can print off the conversation so you have it for backup. I also like answering the phone from your computer. If you dont want to answer the call coming in, you just click with your mouse and send it to voice mail.

Jabber review by <span>Sarina C.</span>
Sarina C.

"Sarina's review for Cisco Jabber "

What do you like best?

I appreciate the fact that when I travel I am able to bring my work phone with me. Even if I do not want to be signed on and accept phone calls, I can quickly sign in and check my voicemail without having to go through the nonsense of calling in from another phone. I also appreciate that instead of being forced to use an ear piece, you can allow it to ring through your phone. Even when I was in the office with a desk phone, if I wanted to put in earphones, the message popping up letting me know that my phone was ringing was beneficial.

What do you dislike?

The only issue that I have with cisco is that I have to remember to sign on. I wish there was some type of notification to let you know when you are not logged on. It will also take some getting use to that I need to make sure I am in quiet area in the event my phone does ring on my computer, I am able to quickly answer it unless I have in my earpiece.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make you sure you find a good ear piece unless you work in a quiet environment. Find out which way works best for you. Also, if you have other ways that notify you of meetings be prepared for another one.

Being able to work in different places but still be accessible to those that we are supporting out in the field.

Jabber review by <span>Paul S.</span>
Paul S.

"Excellent Collaboration"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to instant chat with colleagues and see if they are available, busy, or away. I also enjoy being able to take calls from anywhere directly through the computer and having the full functionality to transfer calls.

What do you dislike?

I found Jabber to be pretty flawless. I never encountered any connectivity or software problems. Everything worked just as it was designed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it! Jabber improves communication and productivity greatly!

Cisco Jabber allows me to see who is available, in a meeting, or away at any time. I can instantly chat with a colleague or call them with a simple click directly through my laptop - audio and video! Jabber also allows me to work more productively at home by letting me take calls through my computer and simply forward them to my cell phone. I can even transfer calls through the computer without needing an office phone.

Jabber review by <span>Collin H.</span>
Collin H.

"Calls, Calls, and More Calls"

What do you like best?

I like that the mobile application works so well and integrates with the iPhone call lockscreen. It makes handling multiple and long conference calls a breeze.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the call quality is less than desirable. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to see a pattern for these low-quality calls either. It's rather random.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I find that operating the software from my mobile phone is a lot easier than using the desktop version.

As a remote (WFH) employee it can be challenging to keep up with all the calls coming in and going out on a daily basis without having a dedicated handset. Jabber brings your office phone right to your computer or mobile device.

Jabber review by <span>Brian T.</span>
Brian T.

"Great tool if you're licensed correctly"

What do you like best?

Jabber integrates nicely into our environment and allows for seamless status indicators from our UCS phone system (which also ties into Outlook). At a quick glance, I can see if someone is in a meeting or available, and easily message or call them.

What do you dislike?

Some of the organization features are clunky. It's not as intuitive as Skype for Business to create and manage groups of contacts. Importing contacts can also be a bit of a pain.

We were using Skype for Business but needed a cheaper, more integrated solution to video calling, chat, and soft phone capabilities. Jabber answered all of those by plugging in nicely with our UCS VoIP system and ease of use and installation.

Jabber review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Easy way to get Qs answered from colleagues in the office and around the world"

What do you like best?

I am a texter/chatter/IMer so I enjoy that I can ping my co-workers with Jabber instead of picking up the phone or walking over to their desks. I like that it integrates with Outlook so I can see who is online and also see status in terms of who is in the office.

What do you dislike?

I can't really think of anything that I dislike. I wish the settings were easier to find and also easier to search chat history. I also don't like seeing two icons on my desktop bar. I wish it was just a single window with multiple tabs rather than a separate contact list and a chat window.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a good product and I like that it integrates with Outlook. I wish it was easier to organize contacts. I like that it saves conversations now, which I'm not sure it did prior to the most recent update.

Quick answers to questions. Efficiency. Collaboration.

Jabber review by <span>Jagtar S.</span>
Jagtar S.

"Good"

What do you like best?

Cisco Jabber provides a complete package to communicate with other workers in your company.,

2)Sharing screen with other users is the best feature that I like.

3)Emojies are very good to express your reactions.

4)You can directly call Cisco phone instant click on the call button.

5) Automatically change your status while you are in meetings or on a call.

What do you dislike?

1)Consumes lots of physical memory while running.

2)When you click on any number in the chat log sometimes it starts making a call to that number

3)You can't change the group admins

4) Interface needs improvements

5) You can't save the screenshots or pics send to another user

6) You can share pictures in group chats

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great software with bunch of great features

1) To communicate with other members

2) To provide pictorial presentations by sharing screens

3) To provide one information to the whole team

Jabber review by <span>Jonathan M.</span>
Jonathan M.

"Jabber in Higher Ed"

What do you like best?

Easy to use from anywhere. It's a very simple program, and many of our long time faculty are starting to see the benefits of using it.

What do you dislike?

Licensing & use for mobile devices. It would be great to be able to use the same functionality on smart phones without buying additional hardware or licensing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking at VoIP options then Cisco does one of the best jobs in this market. The call quality and ease of use for end-users with Jabber was dead simple.

Using Jabber for Windows has allowed us to make our users mobile. Working in higher education we have faculty members constantly on the road. Jabber allows them to make calls to colleagues or students from where ever they're at that day. Coffee shops and home offices are now usable locations that give our faculty all the functionality they would have as if they were sitting in their own office on campus.

Jabber review by <span>Mihai P.</span>
Mihai P.

"Cisco Jabber is really nice to communicate quickly"

What do you like best?

Cisco Jabber is extremely decent to discuss rapidly with associates. I can make inquiries and get a reaction without saying anything so anyone can hear. Screen share is likewise an extremely supportive element. My collaborators and I utilize this element oftentimes. Be that as it may, so I would prescribe that Jabber turns into somewhat more easy to understand.

What do you dislike?

I detest that the emoticons on Jabber are exceptionally constrained. I have not played around in Jabber excessively, but rather I think they have to enhance beginning gathering messages. I have been utilizing Jabber for over a year. be that as it may, I am as yet uncertain how.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I fixed a few business issues through Jabber, for example, muddled stopping questions. A colossal advantage to utilizing Jabber is having the capacity to speak with chiefs, associates, and others in a split second. On the off chance that I have an inquiry, I don't need to trouble anybody. They can react to me rapidly with the data without intruding on their work.

I am tackled a few business issues through Jabber, for example, entangled stopping questions. An enormous advantage to utilizing Jabber is having the capacity to speak with supervisors, associates, and others in a split second. In the event that I have an inquiry, I don't need to trouble anybody. They can react to me rapidly with the data without intruding on their work.

Jabber review by <span>ᕓɪͼҟɪ .</span>
ᕓɪͼҟɪ .

"Great program for messaging "

What do you like best?

With Cisco Jabber, my teammates and I were able to easily communicate with each other via instant messaging from our PC. The Cisco Jabber Android App allowed us to continue communicating even when we were away from our PC. With Cisco Jabber, we were able to collaborate more effectively as well as maintain constant communication throughout the day.

What do you dislike?

I had some issues trying to get the Cisco Jabber desktop app to connect/display all of my information. While it's a good tool for instant messaging, Cisco Jabber was not quite as useful as I would have liked it to be. We eventually switched over to Skype for Business due to compatibility issues with Cisco Jabber.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cisco Jabber works great for instant messaging. If using the desktop app, then I also recommend trying out the Cisco Jabber Android app because they work well together.

When we were using Cisco Jabber, we were able to maintain a higher level of communication, despite whether we were at our PC or in a meeting or offsite.

Jabber review by <span>Jim S.</span>
Jim S.

"Much more than your simple chat software"

What do you like best?

There are many features I like about Jabber, but I think one of my favorite has to be the ability to post screenshots into it. A picture is worth a thousand words, and saves me a lot of typing time. I also like how it is integrated into outlook so people know when I am in meetings. I like how descriptive it is too, letting someone know if it is just an appointment or if I am in a webex chat.

Sharing screens is the next best feature. I have used this many times to show remote people how to do something. That feature alone has saved me a lot of time explaining how to do something over the phone. The ability to walk someone through something when you can see their screen is a priceless feature. Sharing files through drag and drop is also very useful.

What do you dislike?

It is very difficult for me to pick something out of this software that I dislike. I would have liked to see the ability to save a chat. After some searching and clicking, I have still not found it. I would like to be able to store specific chats locally on my hard drive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Like my title says, it is much more than just a simple chat program. It is a robust utility that allows for screen and file sharing. They even have a nice mobile application that works well.

The business solution is for collaboration. Jabber has given us the ability to converse and display information in static or real-time. Most of our business departments use this, and we have also been able to connect with other contracting companies that utilize it too.

Jabber review by <span>Caryn Noe Z.</span>
Caryn Noe Z.

"Very good IM service"

What do you like best?

Its look and feel, just like any other good IM service. The fact that you can make phone calls with the click of a button, sent an instant message, an email, share your screen, review voicemail, all in the same software.

What do you dislike?

At times it uses a lot of resources and the computer starts to lag. It also does not have as much emoticons as other services. Finally, I wish I could have an option to do something like favorites, or more frequently called numbers or speed dial, as Jabber is my only phone service, I do not have a physical telephone anymore.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a very complete tool. Just the option to share a screen is incredibly useful. No need to use another software solution to quickly share your screen with someone else. Also, the flexibility that it provides by allowing you to "carry your phone in your computer" is amazing. My clients in 15 different countries don't know if I'm in my desk, at a hotel or at home, and they don't really care, they just want to be able to reach me.

I support the Americas region, which entails 15 countries in the continent, including the U.S. I'm based on the U.S., Jabber helps me connect easily and fast with the other 14 countries as needed. Also, when on a business trip, I keep my work phone with me, as I can answer any call directly from my computer, regardless of my location. This provides great flexibility and reduced costs.

Jabber review by <span>Samantha W.</span>
Samantha W.

"Love it! "

What do you like best?

You can access your contact list quickly and efficiently. You can make phone calls from your computer. You can easily contact others without the hassle of email. You can also see who left voicemails and listen to them on your computer. If you are not at your phone but have your computer, you can still receive phone calls.

What do you dislike?

If you close the window, it shows the instant messages as though they were old. If you use Jabber on different computers, your responses may not show up on the computer that you were NOT responding on. The screen pops up on start up, and stays up until you manually close it, which "clutters" your screen.

Easy to contact a person without using the telephone if needed. If it is a simple question that does not require an actual conversation, this is very helpful.

Jabber review by User in Computer Software

"Enterprise level messaging IP voice & video telephony for communication co-ordination b/w employees"

What do you like best?

It's simplistic. UI is simple and easy to use. Little to know training is required. Very reliable. Supports attachments, screenshots and a fair number of emojis. Has an option to customize fonts. Integrates very well with cisco VOIP phone. Has an option to create webinars and webex. Easy to setup. Screen sharing ability and remote access , control is top notch.

What do you dislike?

Not completely cloud based. Updates are infrequent. Does not integrate with Active directory, Office 365. No options for cloud storage . Attachments and chats are stored locally in Users Hard disk. If user's PC is formatted all chats are lost. No support for MAC. No express edition. Mobile app in android is not upto the mark. Need a good chrome extension as well. Webex UI is a nightmare.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's easy, simple and time tested. Give Slack and Microsoft teams a try.

Enterprise communication and voice telephony.

Jabber review by <span>Michael S.</span>
Michael S.

"Cisco Jabber = Unified Communications"

What do you like best?

Jabber unifies instant messaging and phone capabilities in one tool. I can be messaging with a coworker and quickly call them if need be. Voicemails can also be accessed through the tool. Also, you can set an option to forward calls or even use Jabber to take/make calls. It also allows users to easily share screens, which is a huge plus for IT assistance.

What do you dislike?

My only dislike is the Jabber status bar parks itself at the top center of my screen by default. You can move or even remove it, so it's really not that much of a hassle.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cisco Jabber is a must-have for any organization that already uses Cisco IP phones. Integration between the two adds a great deal of value to all aspects of communication and support. Even as a stand-alone product, Jabber can improve communication across an organization.

I'm able to quickly connect with coworkers, coordinate with IT to resolve issues on my machine and easily handle communications directly from my laptop when not near my work phone.

Jabber review by <span>Aaron S.</span>
Aaron S.

"Jabber is great for collaboration and easy to setup if you already use Cisco for VoIP"

What do you like best?

The ability to have multiple chat in the same window is great. you can search for people to start new chats with right from the chat window. Emoji's.

What do you dislike?

When you close the chat window your previous chats with that person are not shown when starting a new chat with that person. So if you accidentally close the window, you cannot look back on what the conversation was about.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are considering Skype or some other client, I would reconsider. This runs on 1 virtual server. It can be tied in with your VoIP and exchange email. Your IT department can use it effectively for supporting users. Chats can be autosaved for record keeping. Clean interface and easy to use.

People were on all sorts of chat clients before using Jabber. With newer versions you can share your screen, whiteboard, and control the other persons computer through Jabber.

Jabber review by <span>Jessica O.</span>
Jessica O.

"Easy way to stay in touch with colleagues "

What do you like best?

Basic chat program works fine. The best part is the different ways you can search for contacts. You can search by name or phone number. You can hook your phone line up to Cisco Jabber which makes reviewing recent calls and voicemail much easier because you can do it from your computer. You can also place and answer calls using the app if you have a headset. The interface is simple and easy to use with only the features you need and not a lot of extra buttons or menus.

What do you dislike?

When my computer logs out and I sign back in Cisco Jabber stays connected but doesn't pop up on the screen even though I leave the window open. It's hard to remember to change my status from Away to Available without having it open to see it when I get back.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It has everything you need for basic chat messaging and has good search features as well as a tab for scheduling and tracking meetings. It is an easy way to keep in touch without unnecessary features causing distraction, but if you need to communicate extensively with coworkers or telecommuters you may want a product with additional special features depending on your needs.

I save a lot of time by sending quick questions to colleagues in the building or leaving non-urgent reminders for others while they're away. I don't waste time in meetings that could be answered by chat in a few minutes and if someone is away from their desk I can leave a message so I don't forget what I needed to tell them.

Jabber review by <span>Kirsten H.</span>
Kirsten H.

"Product is great! "

What do you like best?

I love having this at work. Being able to talk to my colleagues from anywhere via IM, while still logged in for work from my PC is wonderful. We use the video conference a lot, just through Microsoft, which makes it very easy, allows for softphones and connectivity between a users' PC and their desk phone. This has greatly helped us with handling communication with remote employees.

Jabber Pros

Unified Communications which unites instant messaging, softphone and hard phone connections.

Active Directory integration for user management and account creation.

Exchange support to have voicemails sent to a users email account.

iOS Jabber app functions exceptionally well and allows you to communicate on the go.

ROI on Jabber Purchase

Increases employee efficiency by allowing multiple employees to collaborate within group chats.

Improves IT troubleshooting by allowing users to screenshot or screen share their issue with IT.

Allows users to be in touch regardless of what platform they are working on.

What do you dislike?

Jabber Cons

Jabber locally caches a employees name to a their phone extension. This becomes an issue when reassigning an extension to a new employee, when you go to message the new employee you'll still see the old employee's name. The only resolution we've found is to clear the Jabber cache on affected user's PC.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great product to use for business.

We are able to quickly and effectively solve issues we have within our location, and guests.

Jabber review by <span>Tabitha M.</span>
Tabitha M.

"Jabber Review"

What do you like best?

I love being able to type a portion of someone's name in the search bar (doesn't matter if it's first or last name) and being able to easily find them.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that I am unable to chat with people outside of my organization even if they also use Cisco Jabber.

The business benefit is saved time by not having to walk to someone's desk to discuss something or having to get on the phone for an unnecessary reason. It is also efficient in that some issues I may just say I will wait until I see them and then forget but having instant communication solves that problem.

Jabber review by <span>Bence V.</span>
Bence V.

"A great multifunctional tool for enterprise communication"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use to it, it supports all of the media elements which one would like to communicate with.

What do you dislike?

It is often unstable, statuses are not shown correctly. Screen captures shared in chat window are not to save. If I click on a picture in a chat window it will be sent again. The group chats do not allow screen or file sharing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do it!

The communication between teams in different countries is much more easier this way. We could also drop the desk phone in order of cost efficiency, thank to the Voice service.

Jabber review by <span>Michelle I.</span>
Michelle I.

"Cisco Jabber helps keep us connected!"

What do you like best?

I love the Cisco Jabber feature. Sometimes it is nice to be able to simply message a person to ask a quick question or communicate some information. It replaced the need to send email all the time between my colleagues and I and we did not have drop everything to make a call and possible got to voice mail.

What do you dislike?

There are not any issues that I had with Jabber. I was able to see who was online and if they were busy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Jabber is great to speed up the process of communication and problem solving. You can avoid all the backlog of emails and voicemail by using this messaging system. You can also switch between messaging and phones if you need to. The program is easy and very user friendly.

We solved the problem of lost emails and slowed communication with Jabber. The time and trouble of keeping track of all the emails between the team members was eliminated when Jabber was installed as part of our IP phone package.

Jabber review by <span>Mohassin S.</span>
Mohassin S.

"An easy to use application"

What do you like best?

It's easy to communicate with others. You can easily change your status and setting up groups is rather easy. It's straightforward to contact other colleagues. An annoying feature is there is no log kept of the chat, however I believe this was a choice my company has made.

What do you dislike?

The updating of passwords is somewhat monotonous, if you forget to update your computer password it can cause interaction issues with the server.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In general it works well however sometimes the integration with microsoft outlook is not best.

Jabber is mainly used as a means of an office web application.

Jabber review by <span>Michael M.</span>
Michael M.

"Quick communication between colleagues"

What do you like best?

Instant messaging for work. This makes it easy to have a quick back and forth conversation without having to get up from your desk or send time consuming emails. This increases productivity. It is much more simple for quick communication where you have a simple question and just need a quick questions. The alert lets me know much quicker than outlook that I have a message to respond to.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the inability to fully delete conversation history.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a convenient tool to use when email seems too time consuming and you want an immediate response.

Quick communications that would take much longer via email.

Jabber review by <span>Scott M.</span>
Scott M.

"Jabber was effective for what it was meant for."

What do you like best?

Phone integration with our Cisco IP Phones. I could dial/answer/call anyone in my contact list from my computer.

What do you dislike?

The emoji's left a little to be desired, but that's probably a minor complaint considering the other functionality it provided.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it works great for businesses. One thing I wish it had was the availability to be messaged by those outside the company. If I could get our external clients my IM screen name or whatever I think it would speed communication between us and them as well.

Having a reliable IM platform really speeds up conversation with the team. Plus it's much faster to get answers you're looking for via IM then having to make a phone call. I've also realized that I can go back in History to retrieve information, something you can't do from a phone call.

Jabber review by <span>Sal F.</span>
Sal F.

"Jabber Review"

What do you like best?

I prefer to communicate through chat so I like that it's simple and easy to use. I also like the fact that it reads our calendar to show if someone is available or not.

What do you dislike?

I frequently have connecting issues when I restart my computer. The network will be fine and it's say that it's having access issues.

Jabber keeps us connected internally. If I have a technical issue, I am able to select that I prefer to resolve the issue via Jabber on my service ticket. Then the IT support team will IM me and try to resolve it via chat and screenshare.

Jabber review by <span>Martine Y.</span>
Martine Y.

"Need to talk to someone without having to call them?"

What do you like best?

When I am on the phone with someone supporting their system, but need to reach someone else to make an update quickly behind the scenes, I can shoot a quick text to them via instant messaging services to get a quick response. I like being able to use the system to make calls when I am working remotely, so I can mask that I am actually in the office.

What do you dislike?

Really there isn't much I don't like about the system. It is easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it like crazy. You can do white boards, work remotely, forward calls to voicemail with the application or to another phone number. It is nice to see who is available and online, or if they are on a call etc.

I solve so many quick problems sending messages to co workers to let them know when I have resolved something, or a quick tip, or a screen shot of an error.

Jabber review by <span>Cristian G.</span>
Cristian G.

"I use Cisco Jabber to communicate quickly with my colleagues"

What do you like best?

I use Cisco Jabber to communicate quickly with my colleagues, we can discuss about our business issues and they can ask me questions and I can send them a response in real time without using the email. One of my favorite functions is screen share is also because I can do a presentation during a meeting to my colleagues or clients. Also I like the audio calls quality.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the video calls are not smooth and the video quality is a bit bad. Also I dislike Jabber because I have not found many emoticons like we have on Skype.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes I recommend you Jabber if are looking to replace Skype.

The benefit for utilizing Jabber is that I can discuss with my colleagues and my customers in real time. We can have online meetings and we can speak to each other.

Jabber review by User

"Great Productivity Tool! "

What do you like best?

I love the ease in which you can reach out to co-workers with a quick message and see their current status (away, available, on a call, etc.). It makes getting back to people or getting in touch in the first almost effortless! Another great feature is the screenshare and control. As procurement, it makes paying for end-users purchases using their computers a breeze.

What do you dislike?

The fact that we don't have as much buy in as we'd like from all of our co-workers. I really have no complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a no brainer to increase overall productivity and empower employees to be better connected while outside of the office and away from the computer.

Cisco Jabber allows end users to have greater productivity and more control over their schedules since they can easier forward their phone calls or use their computer to make calls.

Jabber review by <span>Tommy N.</span>
Tommy N.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

Able to organize my contacts by groups that are understandable for me. Voice messages come straight to my email inbox Also, I do not need physical handset at location, just WiFi connection

What do you dislike?

Not integrated with my gmail calendar so it is hard to set my availability status based on my meetings. If this were done, I would not get telephone rings while I am at a meeting especially when I am presenting!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to include all business units in the decision making process especially when considering important business use cases.

Been able to get rid of landline phone and PBX (Avaya) and go to IP telephony. This has reduced capital cost of physical phones at multiple locations.

Jabber review by <span>Ram P.</span>
Ram P.

"Wordwide network to connect and communication with clients."

What do you like best?

Instant messaging, vidio , audio and. Conferencing with employee from anywhere and also we can change name of any employee in our jabber, and share screen to resolve any critical issue and also we can take quickly screenshot with fast processing and create a group to connect number of employee to share important information and another services like edit font , Add mention are fabulous.

What do you dislike?

Screenshot of messages gone disabled after system restart of that user and while user gone logoff we cant sent screenshot to that user and another one I have updated my jabber profile picture but not able to view my profile picture by another user in chat conversation.

Share screen with our clients to guide them how to resolve any issue during product or project setup.

Jabber review by <span>Maria C.</span>
Maria C.

"Cisco...coworker's best friend"

What do you like best?

I appreciate that with Cisco Jabber my coworkers can ask questions, make requests, and keep each other in the loop personally and professionally. The fact that you can send attachments of images, documents, or copy and paste images in makes it easy to quickly reference a project, rather than walking a long distance where my coworker actually sits. It also helps productivity in the sense that I can send a quick jabber and move on.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that once you close out of the jabber room the history of your conversation disappears forever. Sometimes, particularly when it is important and references a work related event, it would be helpful to be able to go back and reference the original source.

My company often uses Cisco to send quick screenshots of a request that is being made of us, perhaps even an email or document to give us visual cues of the exact job that needs to be done. We also use it to keep in touch with employees across the medical community, rather than wasting time traveling to their office.

Jabber review by <span>Erin Y.</span>
Erin Y.

"Makes Office Life Easier"

What do you like best?

When it comes to the stuff that takes the most time in an office, walking to the other room to ask a simple question is a big waste. With jabber I can very quickly message anyone else that uses it. I keep it pulled up all the time. When I close the chat window, whatever I last said will show up a light grey so I am still able to look back at my conversation. So easy. I love it.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I don't love about Jabber is that I am human and I have messaged the wrong person before. Being bale to recall a message would be nice....There is no option to get that last message to go away. So that just means you have to pay attention to who exactly you are messaging, which we should all be doing in the first place, right?

I am saving time! When you leave your office for something super simple, you don't realize how long you are gone. All of a sudden you have to go to the bathroom, talk to your coworker, check your mail box or grab a snack. Its good to make time for all of those things, but when it happens several times a day and only because you had to ask what a clients middle name is, the day really flies away!

Jabber review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Good way to communicate with colleagues"

What do you like best?

The ability to see who is available, away, in a meeting, etc. is very helpful. It also is extremely beneficial to be able to have group chats and to include screenshots into messages when I am talking with colleagues about an issue we are working through. It is so much more convenient than email.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to save chats for future reference. I have not been able to find this feature in our version so it is possible I am missing something, but it would be extremely helpful if I could save them to a file for reference in the future. A lot of time I have to keep a running list of conversations for far too long just so I can go back to reference... or take screenshots of it, which is not very convenient.

quick response times on submitted end user issues. By using jabber we are able to quickly message another colleague that has the information we need or can assist in troubleshooting. An email can get buried in someone's InBox but I have found that with Jabber it pops up to get their attention much faster.

Jabber review by <span>Sara O.</span>
Sara O.

"Cisco Jabber Review"

What do you like best?

I like the best that I can see immediately who is available, out, or in a meeting just by glancing at my list. Our inter office problem has been getting people to use Jabber (we also use Office View and have a hard time having people update that as well).

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it is not easy to establish a common list of participants. For example, a department list. When a new person is hired, they automatically have the list on their Jabber. Instead, each person must add to their own list separately, or have an html list. It is inconvenient for large companies with constant new hires.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make it as easy as possible for employees!

The problem in our office is that often people have different schedules, are flexing time, are out of the office either work related or non-work related, and it is hard to know who is where. Jabber is useful in telling us who is away from their computer.

Jabber review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Chats dont save"

What do you like best?

It is the only messenger service that is supported by my company. It is better than sending another email, and allows for more casual conversation. It is also easy to use and the interface is intuitive.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that the chats do not save. While it is quicker than having a conversation over email, it is unfortunate to have a discussion that includes important details, find out you accidentally closed out of the chat but forgot the URL (or whatever) you need to review, and then losing details that you thought you could reference later.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I typically just use it as a more real time way to follow up with colleagues. However I don't use the full capabilities of the software.

When we have a large group discussion that is not over WebEx, it is nice to avoid a long chain of emails. As an instant messenger it is also nice to have real time conversations

Jabber review by <span>Heather H.</span>
Heather H.

"Jabber"

What do you like best?

It's very easy to use and makes for fast communication

What do you dislike?

Due to regulations, not everyone in my company has the ability to use it. I do also have some issues when restarting my desktop, at least half the time Jabber will freeze my computer after a reboot. It can cause everything to slow down until I terminate the app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's very easy to use, however the issue is that not everyone will use it (in place of some short/quick emails), or for compliance reasons, not everyone can use it.

For us, it definitely can help cut down on the number of emails considering the huge amount we get on a daily basis.

Jabber review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Cisco Jabber for Professional Setting"

What do you like best?

I like that you get basic information and access to a person just by hovering over their name. It makes it easy to see the persons title, number, email, and is 1 click to sending a message or calling. I'm also a big fan of the share screen feature; I usually this quit frequently with my coworkers and it's just a great feature to have.

What do you dislike?

The product is finicky at times. For example, when searching for someone in my contact list, sometimes it populates the matching names and sometimes it doesn't show any name. I have to sign-out and re-sign-in for it to work. I also use the share screen feature a lot. This has gotten much better the past few months but before it would sometimes work and sometimes it wouldn't work. I could figure out a reason because it would be the same situation/person. Lastly, the snipping tool is also a feature I use a lot so; this can sometimes not work and other times it will work but I can't seem to figure out a root cause. I am able to take the snip and send but after 20 seconds it sends back an error that the picture could not be sent.

Connecting with remote workers is the main reason for using jabber in this setting. It makes sharing information and having a conversation with virtual employees much easier.

Jabber review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"InformaCast"

What do you like best?

The prime purpose of the product for two of our customers is to get information out to staff as quickly and easily as possible. The ease of use for the end users to send pre-canned/modified messages to staff is great. The end user only required a few minutes to learn the basic paging functionalities. We also have users restricted to certain messages and recipients to prevent erroneous pages. The product quickly grew to include weather alerts.

What do you dislike?

The Reporting aspect needs to be improved. Users should be able to run more granular, customizable reports, and not have to be an administrator to run reports. This has been requested feature for some time, but has not to come fruition as of the 9.12 release. (Note version 11 has just been released, but I have not seen the newest features yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a versatile product and able to interact with other systems for real-time alerts. This product is not difficult to deploy and easy to work with. The Mobility feature is a good tool as well for sending alerts to mobile devices, but requires a separate interface and database for users' mobile numbers. (Would be nice it they can make it into one.)

Real-time alerting to staff members.

Jabber review by <span>Russell L.</span>
Russell L.

"Not any jibba jabba"

What do you like best?

It's very easy to use. Anyone who grew up with using Yahoo Messenger, AIM, MSN, will find this very similar. I like being able to "conference" people together to have a group discussion over issues. IT's also very easy to show someone else your screen so they see exactly what you're looking at on things. The integration with our IP phone system is great as well. I can dial people through the app or answer a phone call with a quick text.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. It's a very simple program that does very well on what it's designed to do. So far, I haven't found anything I don't like about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great little piece of software that ties in well to their IP phone system.

It's great for very simple, one-off questions to teammates on issues. Anything that doesn't warrant a phone call, but a "hey, when you get a sec, what's 2+2" type of conversation.

Jabber review by <span>Carl R.</span>
Carl R.

"Good for average size business "

What do you like best?

The cisco jabber is really easy to use and better still there is no need for extensive equipment to connect with people around the world. Providing they have internet access you are a click away from them - I have found this to be one of the most fun things to use in work over my last two years with the company.

What do you dislike?

The messaging feature is slightly difficult to use - I know that a few people have expressed their desire for more emojis to be added and an easier option to send and write messages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would like to see 'web lessons' for new users, rather than fellow employees teaching the staff. In teaching it is an often thing were we have to much to do and we dont have time to aid new teachers or assistants in using the product - so i think we should be able to set up an official teaching seminar. That would help us a great deal.

The biggest benefits are the actual problem solving within a company - but having Cisco jabber this isn't limited at all, we are able to connect so easily with other branches across the country and pitch in with ideas to help our brand and team grow. I would also say it is help educate the team on how easy communications and technology can be, thus making our team more happy and confident in their abilities.

Jabber review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Jabber anywhere!"

What do you like best?

I love that I can send and receive phone calls away from my physical desk. I also have the ability to chat and video conference on the go. I no longer have to set at my desk to take a call. This is very handy if i have to work from home or at another location.

What do you dislike?

You must have internet connection to use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A good way to take your desk phone with you anywhere.

I am able to be away from my desk, but still receive and call from my desk number from where I am currently at. I also have the ability to chat with co-workers within the Jabber application. It can let me know if people are available or not. Checking voice mails is a breeze to listen. All my calls logs match up with my desk phone. You can install this application on your mobile phone or tablets or both. Very easy to use and convenient.

Jabber review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Cisco Jabber is Decent"

What do you like best?

I like that it connects with my outlook and the group chat feature is pretty nice. I think that it's a pretty solid program overall and it gets the job done. We mostly use it for group chatting throughout the day and that its reliable when it comes to that.

What do you dislike?

It crashes more often then I would like. I also think that they should add a function where i can send screenshots in group chat. We use group chats all the time and it'd be nice to be able to send them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it'd a decent program - just be sure to compare your options.

My entire team is remote so it's nice to be able to chat with them at any time. I've realized that it makes it much easier to communicate with my team throughout this tool. If i didnt have it then we'd have to communicate only through email and that would be tough.

Jabber review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"Good for chatting with team mates and quick meeting set-up"

What do you like best?

It is convenient to interact with teammates, share the files and if necessary set-up the meeting. There is useful option to view profile. It helps to get employee specific info like phone extension, email id etc. While meeting if I wish to share the screen, I can do it easily using Jabber's screen share option. The GUI is very simple and options are very easy to understand.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I want to send some file to my teammate who is offline, so that once he will come back online he may read the file, but I'm not able to do so. Attach option is disabled for the user who is offline. I don't see the option of archiving the chatting done in the past. Sometimes I need to refer them

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use and good for chatting in the team

Jabber has made communicating with the teammates quite convenient.I don't need to call or rush to their seat. I can post my query or reply promptly to my fellow testers and developers. Similarly setting up meeting is easy. Audio quality during the meeting is good. I like the sharing screen option. I can share the screen so that developers can see the issues that I used to report during testing

"Cisco Jabber Reveiw"

What do you like best?

Cisco Jabber keeps things simple. Jabber allows me to easily and effectively communicate with not only internal employees, but with external employees more specifically at Cisco. Sometimes I need assistance from an engineer that I can't reach over the phone, but are available on Jabber to answer my question immediately.

What do you dislike?

Usually I would write a review on what I dislike about a product/software/program that I use, but there is really nothing to dislike about Jabber. It's easy to use, rarely any malfunctions with the system, and it's better than other competitors like Skype or Go to meeting that I have used in the past.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep doing what you are doing! Any updates that come out I am sure will be beneficial to my profession and being able to communicate effectively with others.

-Being able to easily communicate with internal employees at the press of a button

-ability to reach Cisco employees outside of internal organization

-ability to create meetings from the application itself

-ability to use Jabber for web conferencing

-ability to create different groups and most frequently contacts that I reach out to on Jabber

Jabber review by <span>Kathleen B.</span>
Kathleen B.

"Works Well in a Pinch"

What do you like best?

I like that the interface can be "minimized" on my screen at anytime, and therefore doesn't cover or intrude with any of the other programs or work I'm doing. I also like that it generally works as expected. With other soft phones, I've had them crash often or simply never open for me. I also like that it is tied to my Microsoft Outlook calendar, so it reminds me of meetings, when I have it open, and often makes it a "one click" join right from the Jabber interface, since it's also tied to my Cisco WebEx account.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the dialing interface. Just seeing one little bar as I type in a bunch of numbers, and waiting for the "dial" button to appear, which tells me I typed in numbers properly, can be a bit frustrating. I also find it to be very very slow to load when I select to open it on my p.c. This may not be the software, but rather my specific laptop and/or program setup.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend utilizing the "minimize" option on the Jabber interface window itself, to help keep this "running" but still allow you to keep working without it interfering. I also recommend giving yourself a little time prior to a call, to get this open and running if you don't keep it open ongoing. I find it takes my p.c. a little time to get this open.

I work virtual and utilize a laptop and this soft phone software to often call both domestically and internationally as well as joining conference calls when there is no option to join with my p.c..

Jabber review by <span>Karly G.</span>
Karly G.

"Using Cisco Jabber in a large non-profit organization"

What do you like best?

Jabber is a very useful communication tool for the workplace which allows you to talk to your co-workers in real-time as well as call, send files and send short messages or images to each other. It is useful for my workplace because some of us work in different buildings so this is easier than seeing my coworkers in person or calling and playing phone tag. It also allows you to send more informal messages than a full email. I use it for sending my coworkers non-urgent messages very often so it is an important part of our workflow.

What do you dislike?

The main thing that I dislike about Jabber is the instant messaging interface. It is very similar to the original AOL instant message platform; you have a chat box for each person and a master list showing who is available or what their status is. The issue with this is that it is not possible to connect to your email calendar (usually outlook), to reflect in real-time whether you are available according to you calendar. Or if this function is available, it is so difficult to set-up that I could not find it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your organization is in need of a tool for employees to communicate with each other instantly, Cisco Jabber is a very effective software that I believe can improve the efficiency of work. In a non-profit organization such as mine, time is very much so money and Jabber saves both.

This makes communicating with coworkers much more efficient. The alternative is waiting for their response via email, which often takes longer or playing phone tag calling them back and forth waiting for the right time when you are both available. It makes it easier to ask simple questions and get quick answers. Also, you can send files easily to each other while you are talking for reference. It has minimized the problem for our organization of our offices being somewhat physically distant from each other and makes it ultimately easier to get work done.

Jabber review by <span>Logan Y.</span>
Logan Y.

"Messaging your coworkers is easier"

What do you like best?

The ability to message our co workers is great. We can just directly from an instant message and call them. It awesome to be able to share files that way to so your do not have to email them.

What do you dislike?

Chat history is not kept after logging off so the next day you have no records. This may be a setting our IT set up but not sure.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider that this product can connect to phones and is not just a basic messaging service.

We are better able to quickly communicate and not have to call or walk over to their desk. Plus this is intergrated with the phones

Jabber review by User in Computer Software

"Good Tool for Communicating!"

What do you like best?

Cisco Jabber is an easy tool to use and communicate with coworkers. You can easily update your status, it automatically syncs and updates your status based on your calendar, and it easy to organize people on your list into various groups.

What do you dislike?

When I use Cisco Jabber on mobile, I sometimes do not see all the messages. For example, if I originally typed a message from Jabber on my laptop, and then I looked at the app, I often only see the person's response and not the initial message I sent. Also, there are times where my status is incorrect, and people will message me under the impression that I am available when it should state that I am in a meeting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

T