Cisco Jabber

4.0
(1,461)

Empower employees to work together efficiently from anywhere by bringing together presence, instant messaging (IM), audio, video and web conferencing, enterprise voice, and visual voicemail into one client on your desktop.

Work for Cisco Jabber?

Learning about Jabber?

Cisco Jabber Reviews

Showing 1,464 Jabber reviews
Jabber review by abhilasha r.
abhilasha r.

"Being a Cisco engineer, I had a pretty great experience with this software."

What do you like best?

You can ping any person of your company world wide.

Can share documents.

Pretty easy user interface. You can make your chat interesting by emojis and different font colors.

Take screenshot directly from the Jabber and share.

You can sync your case notifications with it. So, next time whenever a new case is coming you will get a ping.

Can install in your phone as well.

Set up calendar invites.

What do you dislike?

You cannot great a group anymore.

You cannot share the doc file with Jabber.

Can copy and paste only around 23 lines at a time to share.

If you are running it in phone and PC simultaneously, it can change your Jabber status randomly.

I am a Cisco engineer so I need to talk every other engineer or manager world wide. Jabber helps me a lot in that.

I have set up a case notification also in it. So, whenever I get a priority case or network down case, i come to know immediately.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Cisco Jabber
Jabber review by Jamie J.
Jamie J.

"Reliable instant message between coworkers"

What do you like best?

Cisco Jabber offers a truly instant and simple platform for sending instant messages between employees at an organization. There are desktop and mobile versions off the app which work smoothly together. It integrates with the entire Cisco Unified Communications system, as well as Windows Active Directory, making deployment simple and smooth.

What do you dislike?

One drawback, that isn't particularly obvious when you use the software, is that offline messages are simply undeliverable, without any indication. One might assume that a message will be available once a user comes online, but in reality they need to be online in the first place to receive any messages. Adding users to Jabber is also not particularly intuitive... there is no central "directory" so for our organization, we rely on an XML file which must be manually updated in order to "import" users after a Jabber install is completed. Ideally, Jabber would pull from a directory once installed, eliminating the need to use the XML file.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Jabber can help your employees easily communicate with each other. It is quick and reliable, something that is important these days when everyone expects fast answers to their questions.

Cisco Jabber allows us to easily communicate between each other, regardless of where employees are located. Remotely by smartphone or sitting at a desk, Jabber allows for quick easy messaging. Like any other Cisco offering, it offers excellent reliability, unmatched security and is very easy to use.

What Video Conferencing solution do you use?

Jabber review by Kyle C.
Kyle C.

"Great Tool for working remote"

What do you like best?

Chat client is much smaller than Microsoft teams and is well integrated within Outlook. I think that it is easy to search for people within your network to talk with them and also make calls from the platform.

What do you dislike?

It reminds me a little too much like AOL's Instant Messenger. It could really use an update on the look. We also have had problems utilizing the phone integration with the chat tool. I wish that we could get it to work like it's supposed to because the phone tool can be used across platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think that Jabber is great because you can connect and screen share with other employees as well as clients. One of the things that I like more about WebEx is the ease of use.

Connecting with remote employees and having meetings is what really helps us stay on top of projects as well as things going around in the office. Great way to have conversations, show PowerPoint presentations, and work in teams. We are not always in the office so this client helps us in our virtual office feel.

Jabber review by Ashish M.
Ashish M.

"Connect to Client with ease"

What do you like best?

The Android App version of Cisco Jabber is too easy and handy to use. I am using this app to connect to client meeting daily. It is so simple just dial in any meeting or personal number and it will make a call using your phone data

What do you dislike?

I am facing one issue in this app as my call is getting disconnected after every some 15 minutes, I am still figuring out the issue for this. Rest all works well in this App.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This you can use for connecting to different meetings, whether solo or in the group. But you can try skype for business as it is widely used in the IT world and will be great to connect with clients.

I am using this app to connect to my client meetings as clients are in Onsite. It can be used for other applications too such as joining a conference call.

Jabber review by Weihua Z.
Weihua Z.

"Review for Jabber"

What do you like best?

Could send the instant message to colleagues.

Integrated with webex, calendar and outlook so that can directly open web meeting portal if needed.

Concise UI design.

Integrated with telephone service.

What do you dislike?

The whole software is dependent on Microsoft Visual C++ environments.

And one time there is a problem with the environment settings of my company laptop so the Jabber broke down, no longer be able to see all the messages received and sent on my side. And it took a week for the IT people to fix this, which is a really painful experience for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For basic features, Cisco Jabber can meet the requirements.

But users should really look into other popular collaboration tools currently, such as Slack and facebook workplace.

Collaboration with team colleagues.

Regular chatting with people.

And for contacting or texting during some emergencies or meeting requests.

Jabber review by Jamie D.
Jamie D.

"Excellent corporate chat tool that works well with other Cisco products."

What do you like best?

Jabber is a solid chat client for the corporate environment. The desktop app is very robust and integrates well with other Cisco products. We have it integrated with our Cisco video phones and WebEx. You can share your desktop, launch a WebEx meeting or take calls over VOIP. It is easy to search for coworker with the active directory integration and organize contacts in groups. It also allows you to view missed calls and listen to voicemail if you have it integrated with your phone system. It will also remind you of WebEx meetings and allow you to launch them from the pop-up reminder. Overall, with the integrations, I believe it is one of the more feature complete chat clients on the market.

What do you dislike?

The mobile app is the only real weak point for Jabber. They have improved it a little over time, but it still has issues. I have used it both on iOS and Android and it is a battery hog. Significantly more battery drain when it is running. Also, it does not save login information when using single sign-on. This means I have to re-authenticate every time I open it fresh. This makes me question whether or not to open it when on the go.

One other issue is slow file transfer. The feature is there and easy enough to select a file, but the transfer is very slow and fails at times. Could be better.

Jabber allows our users to communicate easily and efficiently throughout their work day. It gives quick access to WebEx and phone functions with other Cisco integrations. It also allows staff to work remotely and stay connected.

Jabber review by My N.
My N.

"Your teamates are one click away. Cisco Jabber brings everyone together."

What do you like best?

I like it most because it is so convenient. Everyone is just one click away. communication becomes easier than ever! Imagine that you need to look for someone, travel to meet them, and wait for them when you do not have time and the things you want to ask is not of high importance - that's so troublesome. Most people are too lazy for that. Cisco Jabber solved that!

What do you dislike?

The only thing I do not like about Cisco is that history of old IM will be gone after a period of time :( Cisco is amazing in connecting people but sometimes it helps tremendously if I can go back and read old messages. Please keep the history Cisco Jabber! Sometimes we miss important information in old chat/conversations. Or you can set up an option of keeping histor/deleting old messages, just like imessage or gmail? That would be wonderful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cisco Jabber will bring team members together! Use Cisco Jabber to boost the efficiency of your co-woker. It is such a worthy purchase for me.

And what about you?

When you co-worker is across the room from you or you guys are in different parts of the building, then in-person communication does not work, especially when you just want to say something short. Facebooking and chatting on phone's softwares are not professional at work at all. And distracting as well! Sending emails about a trivial matter? Time consuming and slow! So the need for a software that allows people to chat professionally and only for people who work together is urgent. That's when CJ comes in handy. My company uses Jabber not only for our location, but also in otherlocations too. So basically I can talk to someone I have never met in a quick and casual, interactive way. Communicating with my co-workers also becomes so convenient. It boosts our productivitybecause we save our time and can aske ach other any question without being afraid of bothering others.

Jabber review by Janelle A.
Janelle A.

"Everyone is Accessible"

What do you like best?

I like that I can chat someone in a different department versus playing phone tag or waiting for them to respond to an email. It is convenient for someone like me who may be taking a phone call, typing notes and or email as well as chatting all at once. It is also convenient for reaching someone who is in office but may be in a meeting or just away from their desk.

What do you dislike?

This is a new feature our company has rolled out so at this time, there isn't anything that I do not like about Jabber.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for larger companies who interact with each other on a regular basis.

Customer service issues: for example, a customer is expecting a refund, I can chat someone in accounting for an update. Or, a client is calling in for an update and I can chat the last agent who was assisting them for an update and provide feedback in a more timely manner.

Jabber review by Michael L.
Michael L.

"AIM crossed with Slack crossed with Snapchat"

What do you like best?

Simple and easy to use - Jabber is sort of a no-thrills version of AIM for business.

What do you dislike?

I've had all sorts of weird issues getting Jabber to work when I've moved from one location to another without shutting down my laptop completely. I'm not sure if it's an issue with our remote login or security systems, but it took me a while to figure out that if I move from one wifi to another, I need to manually shut down Jabber to get it to re-connect, which is sort of obnoxious. You also can't look back at old conversations (they are deleted each time you logout), which is extremely frustrating and counter-productive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Beware of the fact that conversations get deleted each time you logout (so it's not as useful for conversations that you could potentially reference in the future).

Jabber gets the job done, but it definitely leaves something to be desired. We use it for intra-office communications, primarily on days when people were working from home.

Jabber review by Matthew H.
Matthew H.

"Good Basic Instant Messaging Client"

What do you like best?

I love the simple layout. Jabber is more responsive than Skype for Business. Jabber offers comparable features to Skype for Business, such as voice calls, video messaging, screen sharing with remote control. Has the ability to change fonts/colors/styles. Conversation history can be saved. Ability to add avatar. Ability for Windows, Mobile, and MAC applications. It does handle Voice Mail if you have supported features, and does integrate with outlook for upcoming meetings, and will change your availability status if you're in a meeting. Ability to call into Cisco Webex meetings

What do you dislike?

The inability to search prior conversation history. You can only scroll through the past conversations, unlike Skype for Business that if enabled, sends conversations to a folder in your inbox that you can use to search through with Outlook.

Also having multiple Webcams (integrated vs external) and mic types confuses Jabber at times and even though defaults are set many times the application forgets them. Screen share quality at times seems less quality than running Skype For Business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skype for Business is hard to beat at $5/month if your company utilizes Office 365 Subscriptions.

Ability to quickly communicate with colleagues. Users can have video conversations with any employee around the world as long as they have a somewhat stable internet connection. Ability to get simple questions and requests answered and taken care of without composing an email. Screen sharing allows IT to see error messages, or allows end users to share presentations with others, again without having to attach the powerpoint, send it via email, and then clutter up your mailbox.

Jabber review by Jessica C.
Jessica C.

"If you don't have an internal instant messaging system, you're doing "communication" wrong"

What do you like best?

I live the reality of a "conference call" centric-job. Back to back calls with little time for lunch nonetheless sitting down with my team as often as I'd like. Jabber allows us to communicate quickly and effectively. I am a member of a global team, so having the functionality to communication with my team members on both my computer and mobile phone is invaluable to me.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any dislikes about Jabber.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Perhaps my strongest recommendation to those considering Jabber is to ask themselves, "is there room for improvement within the amount of our team's communication?" If the answer is yes, then look no further.

Consistent communication is what keeps large teams together. The ball drops when details are missed, conversations aren't captured in writing, and the window of opportunity to communicate is closed by back-to-back meetings. Jabber is the quick and easy answer to keep the ball not only in the air, but flying into the net.

Jabber review by Victor E.
Victor E.

"Good experience"

What do you like best?

The bes application of cisco is the possibility of sharing the own screen to other partners. Just clicking on a button they can watch the same like you.

What do you dislike?

The system sometimes crash, and it has to be restarted. And other thing is that it is not easy to share the call to other partner. You should click on 3 buttons in order to do this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This application is not the best for chatting. The video conferencing sometimes crash and it is not easy to do somethings like give permissions to other user in the conferencing...

You can easily keep in contact with your work mates. We have 2 floors in our facilities, and Cisco give us the possibility of talk with someone in a few seconds.

Jabber review by Samantha D.
Samantha D.

"Jabber a good way to stay in touch with friends/colleagues at work"

What do you like best?

I like that it's easy to create group chats and find people in the employee directory. I have several friends at work, and we all have the same job title, so it is super helpful to be able to just IM them via Jabber to ask a question and collaborate on important work documents.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that when you close out of the group chat, you erase yourself from the conversation, and it shows up at someone having "left" the conversation. If I created the chat, I don't want to see if someone has removed them self from the chat. There should just be a way to "mute" notifications or close out of the chat without letting everyone know you left, especially when this is just another way of building team collaboration and helping to build team relationships.

A couple times, Jabber has not launched, but that might have to do with my computer, not the software itself. One benefit is if I have a simple question for someone, and I either don't want to call them or know they won't answer, I can just ask anything via Jabber instead of clouding up their already full inbox with another useless email. Jabber is great for asking quick questions and getting fast responses.

Jabber review by Sandy A.
Sandy A.

"CIsco Jabber - All in one organizational communication platform"

What do you like best?

How easy and integrated it is! Jabber is like instant messenger for organizations. It connects seamlessly to your outlook and Cisco Webex/phone systems to allow users to know when you're in a meeting, presenting, on a call, etc. The integration is truly fantastic across all Cisco products and services - allowing you to join a webex and phone call immediately by clicking on a simple popup within Jabber, and automatically change your status to "on a call" so your colleagues know you're not available.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike, it is simple and effective. If I had to pick one thing, it's not allowing you to choose a nickname. There are many employees that have nicknames or preferred names, and trying to find them by less commonly known legal names is tricky.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Jabber by itself is fantastic, but if you have Webex and phone systems from Cisco, you can really feel the benefit. They integrate together such that if you have a meeting that has Webex enabled, 2 minutes before the meeting Jabber will popup the Webex link for you and ask if you want to call in. If you say yes, simply picking up your phone connects you immediately to your meeting's call line and your computer will launch the video conferencing. It really is an elegant solution.

Collaboration, communication, and greater adaptability with our agile process. Jabber speeds up how fast business can operate. It's also fantastic for working with employees in other locations or working remotely.

Jabber review by Andrew C.
Andrew C.

"Fantastic Communication Tool Perfect for Medium-to-Large Companies"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to search for people in the directory and send them a quick question. It's much easier than e-mail.

What do you dislike?

One potential downside is that Cisco Jabber is best used in conjunction with their IP Phones and the Outlook Add-in Feature which keeps track of your conversations in your e-mail. Searching within our Outlook directory allows us to search by department role, whereas Jabber itself only allows name (at least this has been my experience). It's probably best used when integrated with other Cisco products.

We are constantly having to communicate between different departments in our line of work, so Jabber is a great way to ask a question and get an immediate reply in a way that's less formal and time-consuming than regular e-mail.

Jabber review by Frances N.
Frances N.

"Standard software gets the job done"

What do you like best?

Chances are, pretty much everyone you know uses Cisco Jabber at work, and that's probably the best feature. Because this is a very standard software, it is easy to get to know, everyone knows how to use it, and you're not likely to have to learn a new system when you go to a new company.

What do you dislike?

Logging in, at least for me, can be buggy. There are times where I am able to log in, but I have to do it twice. Or, I do log in, and then for some reason it says I can't get full functionality. It's fine, but I would prefer it to be a little more transparent in terms of instructions and being a consistent experience. I don't want to have to guess every time i log on to cisco that I am fully logged in, or if I am visible to other members or something like that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to train new hires well on this system IF they have never used it before. That way, they will be able to use this knowledge again and again.

Obviously, you are solving the problem of instant communication. You are not limited by people checking email, but you also don't have to get on the actual phone, which can be a hassle when you don't want to necessarily bother someone.

I believe this also solves the problem of using a new system at every company. If everyone uses Cisco, not as much time is waster on training, etc.

Jabber review by Amanda C.
Amanda C.

"A way to connect your office phone to your computer"

What do you like best?

I like that I can check my voicemail from any computer I'm on. I switch offices halfway through my shift, so if I get a phone call at my extension, I can still check my voicemail without having to run to my other office-space.

It's also a nice other way to chat with employees for quick questions. And you can see your calendar on it. It really connects all forms of communication here for the college employees.

What do you dislike?

I think that it could be more prominent, I'm not sure how many people actually use it. Also, I think your contacts should just be synced. When I log in, mine don't seem to sync with my email.

Maybe if it would automatically open when you log onto the computer then more people would realize and utilize it.

It opens the lines of communication more and connects all the lines that we have already been utilizing. It's nice to be able to see the voice mails and calendar and contacts all in one space.

Jabber review by Matt P.
Matt P.

"Great communication tool and softphone."

What do you like best?

The screen sharing feature is probably my favorite feature on jabber. As an IT professional, users jabber me all the time and asking them to share their screen to show me an issue is very convenient. It also integrates with outlook calendar to show when you're in a meeting, which I believe is part of the presence server function. It will change your status to on call if used with a company VOIP system. Having the ability to listen to voice messages through the Jabber software over headphones is also convenient.

What do you dislike?

I honestly don't have any specific dislikes when it comes to the software itself. The issues come in on the back end and configuration side. In the past year we've had it go down a handful of times, which was usually due to a server needing to be rebooted. I Also think it would be nice if a voice to text for voice messages could be added in the future, or maybe it's already there and our company doesn't use it?

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great software, just have to make sure the Internal and external administrators are fully trained in administrating and supporting it.

Simply put, it's a convenient communication tool. easy to look up someone in the company and send them a quick message. Especially as an IT support person I can easily contact someone to view and correct their issue. It also works with a variety of meeting tools such as Webex and Tandbergs.

Jabber review by Robbie S.
Robbie S.

"Works well mostly"

What do you like best?

I have used Cisco Jabber (previously Cisco Communicator) for Mac & PC for awhile now. I like the ability to search for contacts within AD and find specific extensions. It is very useful for me to use a headset and make calls from my computer rather than the phone, as well as take calls and listen to voicemail.

What do you dislike?

Jabber for Mac crashes frequently when trying to go to Recent Calls. I have consulted with out Communications Network Admin but we have not reached a resolution. It no longer offers to generate a report like it used to, so I have no logs to provide him. As far as I know, I am running the latest version but when I select Check For Updates, nothing happens.

It is now easier for me to utilize calls from my computer and communicate with coworkers, saving time and effort.

Jabber review by Rachel O. S.
Rachel O. S.

"Jabber does its job."

What do you like best?

Jabber is a program that essentially works as a chatroom. You can have group chats, send files and images, and have a live status. The status I find especially helpful because it allows you to put your location, which helps when you need people to be able to find you in a building with tons of meeting rooms!

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it can't send live videos or gifs! On a serious note, I dislike that sometimes it cancels file requests for no reason, and that it deletes conversations older than a week. Also, there is no searchable IM feature that allows you to go back through and find your old conversations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I still prefer Slack for smaller teams, but this is great for a larger corporation.

It is immensely helpful in quick communication. We all receive so many emails a day that when you have a small question Jabber makes a world of difference in your question being seen.

Jabber review by Angela A.
Angela A.

"Bringing the phone onto the screen is a huge help"

What do you like best?

I like that Jabber is simple to use, and does not require any time consuming trainings. I also like that the interface is clean and clear.

What do you dislike?

I would like more obvious message notifications, or ways to see when you have a missed called. If there was a pop up every set amount of time, as preferred by the user that may be best.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for something simple, with a clean and clear interface, this will be a product for you.

Using the phone system through the internet has made it easier for our company to see who is calling and to program calls to specific areas. It has also made it easier to program the phones and lists of usual callers.

Jabber review by Joseph C.
Joseph C.

"Great for communicating with your team."

What do you like best?

I like that the team can communicate constantly. Groups can be made so you can easily sort through your contacts. We use this simultaneously with HipChat.

What do you dislike?

I feel as though the interface could be cleaner. It's also tough to update your profile photo. One of the biggest issues we have within our company is with many contacts, the avatar for each person gets switched with random people. This results in people sending a message to their boss that they meant for another coworker, etc. Simply because they saw the picture incorrectly and started typing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great for communicating with people in different departments and even shows their job titles so you know who you are talking to.

The fact that it integrates well with out Cisco phone system and webex has been helpful. We can be chatting with someone and then just click to call them quick and it's all in sync.

Jabber review by Rebecca H.
Rebecca H.

"Jabber is okay if you've never experienced Skype for buisness"

What do you like best?

I like that it's easy and hasn't broken on me ever. It's really reliable; and doesn't seem to take up a lot of processing power. I like that you can update your status to a custom text.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately, I have used other messaging tools that are designed better and I'm comparing Jabber to those tools. For example, Skype for business. I like that there aren't more status options. I want a 'Do Not Disturb' option, then other people aren't able to message me if I'm incredibly busy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a very simple tool. It's good for end users who aren't on the tech savvy side, but need a collaboration tool. I'm not sure of the pricing, but for some business, I think this would be a great option.

This is used as a virtual collaboration tool of sorts. Most of my team works remotely and we create a group chat daily to stay in touch. We are currently looking at other options for this functionality.

Jabber review by Barbara B.
Barbara B.

"A functional way to manage phone calls."

What do you like best?

I make on average 70 calls a day, and Jabber makes the process much more streamlined. I use it with a headset to make and pick up calls through my computer, which is much easier and more comfortable than calling and dialing on a real phone. Internally my team uses it to chat with each other and see when everyone else is in the office. I like that it syncs with our calendars to determine when my colleagues are busy or on another call.

What do you dislike?

Jabber is a bit buggy. On occasion it will eliminate the call or chat button from random people in my phone book while they're online. This is very frustrating, and requires me to go back to my regular phone or work with the remaining options it is offering me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It works for me and I am required to use it, but I think there are similar competitors out there that are better. I wish it integrated with SalesForce, but it doesn't.

Eliminates the margin of error when calling because it allows you to copy paste phone numbers directly from other windows on your computer. Makes rolling calls and huge call campaigns much easier.

Jabber review by Alonzo H.
Alonzo H.

"Cisco Jabber - To Chat or to be Watched"

What do you like best?

I like the fact i can show my availability based on my calendar. Instant messaging and shared view for cooperative work are great features and very useful.

What do you dislike?

Without your calendar dictating availability you have to manually make changes when you dont want to be bothered. Not a big deal, but for some higher ups showing they are available all the time just because they do not have a meeting scheduled can be annoying.

Well the business problem we wanted to solve was inner office communication. We wanted to leverage this tool to increase the cooperative problem solving throughout the company. We really haven't had a great success with this, yet. Changing ideologies and mindsets are difficult. People still send emails instead of using the tool, plus they see it as a way for their managers to monitor their "active" status.

Jabber review by Andrey S.
Andrey S.

"Allows me to take my desktop phone anywhere with me"

What do you like best?

Everyone in our office has a desktop phone. It is a standard Cisco phone and you can cal to anybody in the office. But what should you do if you work from home or travel. Here's when Cisco jabber comes to the rescue.. You still have your regular ext number, but it is inside your PC. Very convinient

What do you dislike?

I don't like that there's only one client available and that technology is not opened to a public. You can't download this jabber client anywhere else except you admins will send you the setup file.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have employees that work from home or travel a lot and you also have Cisco based internal infrastructure, then this is a must have! This will solve a lot of problems and in many cases you won't even notice that the person is away.

If you're working from home or are travelling and you still need to have your ext number and communicate with your office colleagues - this is a perfect tool that let's you stay connected and participate in all meetings and conversations.

Jabber review by Cameron S.
Cameron S.

"Cisco Jabber Review "

What do you like best?

Cisco Jabber is really nice to communicate quickly with coworkers. I can ask them questions and receive a response without having to say anything out loud. Screen share is also a very helpful feature. My coworkers and I use this feature frequently. However, I do not know how to use the screen share tool, so I would recommend that Jabber becomes a little more user friendly.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the emojis on Jabber are very limited. I have not played around in Jabber too much, but I think they need to improve starting group messages. I have been using Jabber for over a year. but I am still unsure how to do that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend that others use Cisco Jabber at work. However, I would recommend that they take time to get to know all the features and benefits because it is not as user-friendly as I would like.

I solved several business problems through Jabber such as complicated parking questions. A huge benefit to using Jabber is being able to communicate with managers, coworkers, and others instantly. If I have a question, I don't have to bother anyone. They can respond to me quickly with the information without interrupting their work.

Jabber review by John Micheal D.
John Micheal D.

"Cisco Jabber: A Great Tool For Effective Communication "

What do you like best?

Cisco Jabber gives helps me to message and communicate with my colleagues in the office easily! It uses real time messaging that can reduce the delay of communication. It also helps to inform other whether you are active or not by displaying your status, which you can also customize. Not only through text messaging, it also helps us to communicate with other colleagues in different countries via Voice and video. The thing that I liked about it's voice and video conference is that it's packed with other features such as desktop sharing, soft-phone connectivity and the HD or High Definition quality of its voice and video. It also connects to my Microsoft account and Outlook so that whenever I have a meeting scheduled in outlook, it automatically updates my status in Jabber.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I dislike about this software is that there is no mode for it to save or archive previous conversations, which is very important and critical especially when it involves work or business related discussions. You have to manually copy/paste conversations or to take a screenshot of them just to have a backup or copy that conversation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cisco Jabber is very easy to use and helps you to communicate to other instantly!

The business problem that we are solving with Cisco Jabber is the instant relay of messages and increasing overall productivity with the help of improving communications both inside and outside the office

Jabber review by Julie U.
Julie U.

"Cisco Jabber Review "

What do you like best?

Jabber is a great resource for internal employees to communicate with one another without having to leave their desk and disrupting what they are currently doing. If I have a question, I can quickly type it out and send it on its way knowing I'll get a response almost instantly. It is extremely useful for collaboration and I really like how I can message someone who does not work in my office without having to call them. I highly recommend employees use this for ease of use and quick responses.

What do you dislike?

I think the only dislike I have regarding this is that if I pick up the phone to call someone a huge box comes up on my screen showing that I am about to call someone. Other then that I like that it has a tab at the top of my screen where I can type in an employee name and message them and it doesn't get in the way of my work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Jabber is a quick and efficient way to get a fast response via messaging.

Cisco Jabber is a fantastic resource for group collaboration via messaging and being able to quickly send a message to other employees in different offices. If a coworker cannot make a meeting, we can jabber with them during the meeting to keep them in the loop without disrupting the meeting. Jabber is a great alternative to sending an email. I think Jabber is faster and more efficient.

Jabber review by Jeanette G.
Jeanette G.

"Easy to Use Messaging/Phone System"

What do you like best?

I love that a window pops up on my desktop when someone is calling and that I can dial from my computer instead of my phone. It's also great for an internal instant messaging system. I like that it integrates with my Outlook calendar and will show if I'm in a meeting/away/out for the day. It's also great because there is an option to forward desk calls to your cell phone or another home if you are working off-site.

What do you dislike?

It's hard to add people to your list of people to message. I also wish messages didn't immediately pop up on screen and instead an icon flashed in the task bar.

It's easy to make phone calls, easy to have calls forwarded when working offsite so that remote employees are easily reachable and helps to see when someone is or is not available.

Jabber review by Administrator

"Excellent Experience for conference calls"

What do you like best?

Is a simple an organize interface that makes communication with my coworkers easy, I can contact them if they are in their office in Mumbai or if they are working at home on Krakow, one of the best options it have is the customizations for the alarms and positions on my screen on the past I didn't have that option, so to have the option to prioritize messages or to accommodate the window to my benefit is an excellent option.

What do you dislike?

Its not that intuitive as it could be, I believe a introduction on how to use it could be really helpful for new users, since something's you learn in the way but it could facilitate the use by showing at the first time users on how to access, add people, make conference calls, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend the to check all the options available since is a friendly user tool is easy to manage and to navigate

Due to my line of work I need to keep a constant communications with my peers and managers, thanks to this tool I can contact them by calling them or by message giving me several options to contact them in a fastest way specially since I work with people around the globe in different time zones.

Jabber review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"Jabber offers great functionality and a decent UI"

What do you like best?

I like the UI and the sound effects. Overall it offers a pleasant user experience. Speed and reliability were no issues, and the program is intuitive and easy to use. I also like the functionality to create group chats. These were nice when colleagues and I wanted to gather together or set something up. In addition, I like how the software works when I boot my computer. It's a fairly smooth load, which is nice.

What do you dislike?

The only drawback that I can think of is that there could be a better mobile option. It would be nice to integrate with email/text message for days that works choose to work from home. We didn't have the best laptops, so sometimes we chose not to lug it home with us. However, it would be nice to have an option so that coworkers can still reach us through Jabber even if we don't have our computers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With many of these IM programs, there isn't much differentiation. Cisco Jabber offers a decent UI and it fairly intuitive.

Given that Cisco Jabber I mainly used for instant messaging, probably nothing in particular. I am not aware of any business problems that the company solves by using Cisco Jabber. I would think that Instant Messaging programs all all fairly similar in functionality. I am a user to Cisco Jabber, and therefore I am not very familiar with how the product impacts the business.

Jabber review by antony n.
antony n.

"Instant communication"

What do you like best?

I like Cisco Jabber because it provides a rich environment for chatting. I can easily search a person using the active directory integration and initialize a chat or create contacts in a group. I am provided with an option of whether to save chats which is very requisite for me. It enables me to see the calls that I missed. More so, using the integration with my phone I can listen to my voicemail messages.

Cisco allows one freedom like no other communication product. In terms of location, one is entirely flexible. One is not help at one point to take calls or engage in a chat. I can do all my work at home and at the same time be in the organization’s network. On the other hand, the video conferencing is of the best quality and facilitates conduction of meetings even in the remote areas.

What do you dislike?

I don’t like their day-in-day out software updates. The product constantly reminds one to update the application which is very annoying to me. Again, the software does not have a means of handling offline messages. When I am offline I am forced to switch to other forms of communication like emailing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cisco Jabber is the way to go in order to achieve a harnessed communication within an organization. It can also be very resourceful in the social aspect, chatting and video calling to socialize with people. I think the product houses huge benefits related to communication collaboration.

Cisco is being used to quench the thirst for a collaborative communication tool within the organization. The people can consult, share ideas, delegate duties, and confirm directives at ease. Also, the manager can hold meetings over the software without necessarily having to travel long distances and spending huge resources which could be channeled to other activities. Also, the product has offered a method of communication which is highly reliable, secure, and has a record of what people agree upon.

Jabber review by Alka J.
Alka J.

"Cisco Jabber Results"

What do you like best?

1. Quickly contacts with employees, colleagues and clients through messages, voice calls.

2. Work together no matter how far you are with each other. Through screen share you can eaisly conduct meetings and exchange your ideas lively.

3. You can show your status that weather you are busy, available, away or DND by selecting them or do your status customisable which is a good point in a professional line.

4. Do chats with your clients or with colleagues by using text messages and that too screenshots also which is a very good things to understand your points easily to another.

What do you dislike?

1. After every 15 to 20 mins screen sharing doesn’t work and we need to connect them is the first things which I face at the time of meetings.

2. Sending any text and most importantly screenshot in a offline mode to a user are not useful as the messages undelivered to reciever and for the sender this things are unrecognisable and this leads miscommunication between them.

3. In a group chat not able to share screen shots.

Day to day chats with colleagues, clients and team members regarding work and attending meetings through screen share.

Jabber review by Shawn D.
Shawn D.

"Easy to communicate and correspond very quickly"

What do you like best?

The availability notifications. When they are online, on the phone, in a meeting. The automation of meeting reminders and the ability to connect directly to WebEx meetings from the application. I also like the mobility of it, I can use it from my mobile device even when I am not in the office or near my computer. In addition to that, the forwarding of calls to another device is very good. I can switch my call to my mobile phone and continue the conversation if I have to leave my desk.

What do you dislike?

I prefer having the ability to set my location, but it doesn't always work. It does not offer a chat archive to retrieve historical conversations when required. We don't always think of using e-mail, but sometimes have to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth everything you can think of.

Group chat makes it easy to get an idea shared or a problem solved quicker. Immediate meetings and desktop sharing make explanations on tasks and collaboration much easier. Sending files directly to a user is also good.

Jabber review by Robert A.
Robert A.

"Comunicación para Empresarios."

What do you like best?

Gracias a Cisco Jabber, miembros de una misma empresa o incluso de diferentes pueden mantener conversaciones a través de esta aplicación que permite tanto mensajería escrita, envio de audios, videoconferencias, y compartir escritorio.

Además, cuenta con una versión de teléfonos móviles y podemos acceder desde ahí a nuestras cuentas y poder realizar las mismas acciones que hacemos en el ordenador pero desde el móvil.

What do you dislike?

Es una aplicación que está en desuso, sus interfaces son muy simples pero a la vez se ven bastante antiguas para los diseños que existen actualmente en otras aplicaciones de comunicación como puede ser Skype, Discord que también ofrecen unos servicios similares a los de Cisco Jabber.

Además, para poder crearte una cuenta necesitas actualizar tus datos en Cisco y ellos deben de confirmarlos haciendo que puedan tardar hasta varios días para que puedas descargar la aplicación.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recomiendo su uso si se desea realizar comunicaciones de manera más seria, ya que si se desea utilizar aplicaciones de manera más informal recomiendo el uso de otras aplicaciones como Discord, Skype, Team Viewer u otras aplicaciones.

Gracias a Cisco Jabber he podido comunicarme con miembros de mi misma empresa, realizar transferencias de archivos o dar charlas compartiendo mi pantalla para dar una clase a los demás miembros que formaban parte de la reunión totalmente gratis, realmente esta aplicación es muy buena, pero su uso está orientado totalmente al tema de comunicación entre empresas.

Jabber review by Stephen M.
Stephen M.

"An absolutely amazing software for chatting, meeting, and sharing snapshot"

What do you like best?

In my most routine work operations, I mostly interacted with various people through chatting, calling, and exchanging ideas via discussion. So, this software became an integral part of my undertakings. I really liked how easy one can connect with other people and share screenshots. I could share images with clients and colleagues at work. I liked the fact that I could create a common group where the members could share pictures and express themselves to others directly. undouptedly, Cisco jabber is so easy to use, almost anyone can use it.

What do you dislike?

The most disheartening thing about cisco jabber is that it does not consider the small businesses. Its cost will ultimately scare them away. Mainly, the software is suited for large organizations. Notably, I do not understand why it is designed to delete older messages. These messages are quite helpful in cases of reference and/or confirmation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cisco jabber is quite an awesome software, I would highly recommend it to business persons.

By using this software I solved problems related to bad decision making. Basically, the problem arises due to lack of consultation. luckly with the help of this software the decision making process is facilitated through chatting and sending images as support attachments. The organization has realized better decisions.

Jabber review by Javier L.
Javier L.

"Útil únicamente en el ámbito empresarial."

What do you like best?

Es una aplicación creada por Cisco Systems, se utiliza para la comunicación entre trabajadores, u otros miembros de una empresa con el fin de hace amena las relaciones laborales en conjunto, con ella es posible realizar chats, diálogos escritos y llamadas con más miembros que estén registrados en la aplicación.

What do you dislike?

Es una aplicación poco utilizada por la gente hoy en día, como no sea requerida en una empresa, nadie va a disponer de ella ya que es poco conocida normalmente, además las interfaces están bastante desactualizadas comparadas con la calidad de otras aplicaciones de mensajería instantánea.

Es una aplicación bastante antigua y actualmente ya no se le da uso, principalmente se usan otras aplicaciones de comunicación como Skype, Discord o muchos más métodos que son más actuales y efectos que Cisco Jabber.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recomendaría que se actualizara tanto la interfaz como la publicidad de la misma aplicación ya que la conocí en mi antiguo trabajo, y nunca había oído hablar de el ya que no es muy famosa, intentaría realizar una campaña de marketing ya sea por diferentes páginas o por Youtube para dar a conocer más este producto.

Con esta aplicación me ha sido más fácil comunicarme con miembros de la empresa en la que yo formaba parte como dependiente, de manera que no hacía falta preguntar a una persona físicamente, si no que simplemente con enviarle un mensaje directo podía comunicarme con ellos de manera fácil y sencilla.

Jabber review by Eric B.
Eric B.

"Works well"

What do you like best?

I can highlight most phone numbers and right click to call through Jabber. Conferencing in another party is easy. The presence is very helpful - I can see who is on and who isn't.

What do you dislike?

For the Contacts area, the icons are too big so you can't see very many contacts and it takes up too much space on the screen. Also, you can't create your own local contacts (technically you can) - they propagate to the whole user group (and ours is big) so effectively you can't.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would rate this a 7 that it meets my requirements if it had a local phone book that actually worked as it should. Other than that, it seems to be stable. Also, you should know that it works well with USB head sets from Plantronics, VXI and Jabra.

The company has provided this on our laptops so that our desk phone is mobile - and it has worked so far especially since I work out of my home the majority of the time. I have also been able to provide my customers one contact phone number instead of an office and cell - the Jabber forwards to my cell if I don't answer it or my computer is off.

Jabber review by Luke P.
Luke P.

"Great Product/Authentication is rough at times "

What do you like best?

No need for a desk phone which frees up tons of space and real estate. Not to mention the cost savings for the company as that is just one less piece of hardware we have to purchase.

What do you dislike?

Like I said in the title, sometimes the authentication piece to the server is a little wonky and seems to fail for no reason. This can be very frustrating and actually has stopped us from deploying this soft phone solution globally.

The need for a physical phone, this also allows you to use you work phone number remotely by using a mobile app or using the desktop app while VPNed in to the network from home.

Jabber review by Cynthia A.
Cynthia A.

"Excellent software for communicate among a team work"

What do you like best?

The feature that I like best is that it is available for any device and I can be connected simultaneously from all of them. If I step away from my computer I can continue to be connected by my cellphone or my tablet, which is really practical. I also consider that it is the only platform that offers all the necessary features to be connected. For example, if I use other platform and I want to send a voice mail explaining something, I would have to go to Whatsapp and send it from there. But with Cisco Jabber I and do eveything. It s one of the most secures softwares for confidential communication within the company and the customers.

What do you dislike?

The mobile app consumes a lot of my phones battery. It would be usefull if the app could recognize that I am connected on other device and do not update until I go into the app by myself to activate it. Sometimes is necessary to access old conversations or you just close it by accident and you lost all the information on the chat. Therefore it could be an option to have the records of the chats, maybe it can be protected by a private personal password for security.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It would be good if you could try to fix the battery problem, because it is not convenient that it consumes that much if I am not even connected on that device. Then when I need it it would not be available because it would not have battery.

I can continuos to be connected with all my colleagues even when they are not at the office. If there is a meeting and some of them ca not use the computer for any reason they can use other device, which is super practical. Also it integrates all the comunication features in one, so I do not have to use an alternative platform, which use to be a communication problem.

Jabber review by User

"New Instant Messenger for 2018"

What do you like best?

Overall an adequate chat app with features that tie to Cisco phones and Outlook.

What do you dislike?

Let's start with if you don't use Outlook, WebEx, and Cisco phones you will not be able to leverage many features. In this case, you may want to consider other options.

The software is great however behind every system operation is a person. My experience elsewhere has led me to believe that a person motives could be good or bad. Before I rate the software as horrible I will question the motives of the one controlling the software within the company. You are the designer and I must admit you've done a great job. How companies use your product is on the company once the product is sold. I've noticed small businesses and employment outside of call centers experience little to no malfunctioning when using your product. Big business and corporations is where I experienced the most software issues.

Jabber review by User

"Much more efficient than email!"

What do you like best?

Sometimes it's much quicker to send a quick instant message than craft a long email with salutations, signatures, and all that. I also find that Jabber typically gets someone to respond faster because the new-message alert is more eye-catching. I also like that it has read receipts, so I can keep track of when my coworker has seen something. Jabber also archives your old messages with a person, so you can easily scroll up to see your past messages. It also can show you if you have any missed calls and who the calls came from.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is that more of my coworkers aren't using Jabber. Email will probably always be the foremost method of business communication, so it's hard to get people to use this new software. I also wish there was a way to search through your old messages with a keyword so I could call up a specific message.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it, and get your coworkers to use it too! It's only effective if you have others to actually communicate with.

Jabber provides quick and instantaneous communication with coworkers. There are so many formalities associated with email, and this feels like it's more efficient.

Jabber review by Iván  M.
Iván M.

"good to work"

What do you like best?

I live the reality of a "conference call" centric-job. Back to back calls with little time for lunch nonetheless sitting down with my team as often as I'd like. Jabber allows us to communicate quickly and effectively. I am a member of a global team, so having the functionality to communicate with my team members on both my computer and mobile phone is invaluable to me.

What do you dislike?

no problem with this program, so you can do it everything with facilities

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consistent communication is what keeps large teams together. The ball drops when details are missed, conversations aren't captured in writing, and the window of opportunity to communicate is closed by back-to-back meetings. Jabber is the quick and easy answer to keep the ball not only in the air but flying into the net.

Jabber review by Pragya B.
Pragya B.

"A great product for quick text messaging!"

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about using Cisco Jabber is the mobile Emojis that add to your conversation a very light GIF kind of aesthetics.

What do you dislike?

I am not sure if this is a technical glitch that's unique to me or it happens with everyone in general. But, a lot of times, even when I am not available on Jabber or I'm away from my desk with my personal computer locked, it still shows available against my name to peers. This has landed me in trouble quite a few times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For those who are considering to switch from any other tool or looking forward to buying Cisco Jabber, I would highly recommend weighing your choices against skype for Business and Microsoft Lync. I have extensively used all three and liked Lync more than anything else. So, just weigh your needs versus prices.

I use Cisco Jabber at my current organization as an Instant Messaging tool, to interact and communicate with my colleagues.

Jabber review by Rahul Kumar S.
Rahul Kumar S.

"Cisco jabber way to talk to peers"

What do you like best?

Its good way to talk to team members and colleges. The most amazing thing i like and use about this software is a function of alert when someone is available. This way when someone becomes online i got a popup that they have become online. Voice and video message are also good features. I can create a contact list in which i add my team mate under Team list and friends under friends list. Desktop sharing become handy when i stuck in any situation and my coworker help me out with this feature of Cisco jabber. I can change my Status like do not disturb and Available etc. The bottom line is it's good chatting service.

What do you dislike?

Features are good but one thing i dislike is about its interface it is not that much alive sometime it seems quite boring comparing to other other instant messaging site or app.

Frequently chatting with coworkers and colleges to solve any problem.

Sharing desktop with coworkers to solve any problem.

Voice messages to explain something in annotated way and in native language.

These are some problem cisco jabber solves for me

Jabber review by Ashley R.
Ashley R.

"Easy and simple to use! Easy to navigate!"

What do you like best?

What I like best is the conferencing and transfer capabilities. When a customer calls with a question I might not know the answer to, I can connect them to the person who does. I can also stay on the call to learn and be able to answer the question on my own next time.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike is the fact that there are no pop up notifications that alert you when you have a voicemail, or a missed call from someone. If you do not bring up the jabber window yourself, those calls can sometimes go unnoticed. Unless there is a setting somewhere to add notification sounds or alerts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is easy to use, and has a lot of different features, that if you take the time to learn about, they can be very beneficial. I use it to merely make and receive customer phone calls, however I might look into all the other features so that I can use Cisco Jabber to the best of my ability and take advantage of all the benefits of Cisco Jabber. When using Cisco Jabber, I feel stress free and accomplished.

Business problems that I am solving would be ones in which I am educating myself by transferring calls or conferencing calls where I can listen in on someone take the lead to a question I do not know, and gain knowledge for the next time I am prompted with a similar question.

Jabber review by Inigo I.
Inigo I.

"Aplicación sencilla e intuitiva para conferencias"

What do you like best?

Jabber es una aplicación para dar conferencias en entorno corporativo muy sencilla e intuitiva. La aplicación de escritorio es segura y se integra perfectamente con otros productos de Cisco. Lo podemos instalar en nuestros móviles junto con webex. Con las integraciones que nos proporciona es uno de los clientes de chat más completos del mercado. Puedes compartir la pantalla del ordenador e iniciar una reunión de WebEx y también permite realizar llamadas a través de VOIP . Es una de las aplicaciones con mayor recorrido en el mercado de las IT y recibe actualizaciones cada poco tiempo mejorando la usabilidad y manejabilidad de la aplicación. De hecho una de las ultimas actualizaciones implementaron el recordatorio de notificaciones.

What do you dislike?

Gasta demasiada batería en dispositivos móviles por lo que la suelo llevar desconectada. Esto provoca que cuando quieran contactar contigo no puedan hacerlo. Ademas hecho de menos algunas funciones como la opción de manejar multicuentas. El principal problema que encontre es que pierdes mucho tiempo cada vez que quieras entrar a comprobar las notificaciones ya que tendras que rellenar tus credenciales cada vez que quieras acceder.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Es recomendable leer la documentación disponible en la pagina oficial de Cisco Jabber.

En nuestra empresa nos ha permitido compenetrarnos y trabajar en equipo con compañeros que trabajan desde su casa. Ademas la comunicación con nuestros clientes a mejorado muchísimo llevándonos a un siguiente nivel como empresa. Esto hace que lo recomiende activamente para cualquier usuario o empresa que quiera mejorar su comunicación usando productos de terceros.

Jabber review by Juan Carlos M.
Juan Carlos M.

"Great product however you need good bandwith"

What do you like best?

Great tool for conferencing and extending your cisco extension to your mobile phone, I used it since I worked in a call center and I needed to be on the floor, this tool allowed me to be reached all the time as if I had my cisco extension on me.

What do you dislike?

It did require a lot of bandwidth and a good phone in order to use the features, I struggled with an older phone so I had to switch to a newer version since it used a lot of system memory and also I had issues when there was a slower connection.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just make sure you have a powerful mobile system and enough bandwidth to be able to use it well.

It allowed me mobility, mainly as I needed to get a trustworthy mean of contact which could be easily managed, also many times in conference calls, this allowed me to do it anywhere.

Jabber review by Diane J.
Diane J.

"Easy-to-use communication tool for our company. "

What do you like best?

The software is excellent depending on how it is used, you can see the status of someone, whether you are talking on the phone, etc. This is very useful in a customer service environment when there are people waiting to talk to someone. It is also ideal for instant communication between employees. There is a storage environment for screenshots for those who need to send files instantly without email, It has the ability to integrate with Outlook so you can see the presence of people to determine if they are available to chat or not. There is also the possibility of sending video messages, however, my organization does not use this. you have the ability to create a contact list for quick and easy use, and there is the option to create a chat group if there is more than one person to whom you want to give the same message.

What do you dislike?

One thing which I would like to suggest that there should appear employee information on clicking on its name like contact number and designation. It will become more suitable then. Else it is good now too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

very useful and easy to use, recommended.

i have been using this for more then 3 year and it makes my work like scheduling meeting , chatting with teammates singly or in group very easy. i do not need to look for my notebook or anywhere to find the phone number and email id to contac the person and it can be easily seen in jabber.

Jabber review by Jeremy S.
Jeremy S.

"Where would I be without Cisco Jabber?"

What do you like best?

Where do I begin?

Instant Message

Screen Share

Presence

Directory search

What do you dislike?

Currently there is a bug that sometimes mixes pictures up for contacts.

They have fixed this issue in 11.8.4 that was just released.

As of now you are unable to search by all the fields for the user. This would be a nice addition if you don't remember the persons name but you have the extension they are at. or Searching by department or job title to get closer to the person you need to get a hold of.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have your system ready before you do the install and go by best practice so you are not chasing your tale trying to make it work after words. Be sure to have your login for Cisco not be your email as it makes it confusing for the IM address and confusing for Cisco when they try to help set it up. When configuring a Jabber Config file less is more as in the less stuff you have in it the less stuff you have to break. So keep it simple.

Quicker response and the ability to respond when your on a call or busy doing something else and are unable to set what your doing aside to give a quick response. Knowing the presence of a person whether in a meeting or on the phone or away even the custom status makes it nice.

Jabber review by Victoria P.
Victoria P.

"Great Program!"

What do you like best?

It shows who is on and who is available to take a call or see a student

What do you dislike?

Does not save your messages when using the messenger part if you exit out of the message box.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure all users are signed on so that the Administrative Assistant can see who is on a call or in a meeting. If you are not logged on, it does no good to use this software. You should also have employees remember that if the meeting is canceled to turn the status back to available. They should do the same for lunch and leaving early.

We can see you is available to transfer the call. If they are in a meeting or they are on another call, it shows me and I don't end up transferring a student to voicemail.

Jabber review by Denny C.
Denny C.

"VoIP phone integration done right"

What do you like best?

Once set up by your IT staff, your PC rings at the same time as your desk phone. You can then answer either with your desk phone's handset, or via your PC. Your PC uses your PC's mic or headset which I enjoy since I almost always work with headphones on, and as a software engineer am always at my computer if I'm at my desk.

What do you dislike?

The interface is rather dated and can be confusing at times. You also get notifications whenever any of the contacts that you've added to your lists come online. It took me quite some time to figure out how "mute" those notifications - and have only been able to do it on a per-contact basis.

Cisco Jabber provides direct integration with my company's VoIP service. This allows me to more easily make and receive telephone calls. It also gives me a GUI for checking my voice mail which is much less cumbersome than navigating a PBX via a touch-tone phone.

Jabber review by Brittany L.
Brittany L.

"Great for in-office communication"

What do you like best?

Ease of creating group chats for collaboration, and use of statuses that links into email.

What do you dislike?

Can't send pictures or use some of the other features when on group chat; limits collaboration somewhat. Limited emojis.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I haven't used all of the features of Jabber, but I think it would be a great way for teams to collaborate especially across diverse locations, where in-person meetings are not feasible. I like the way it integrates into Microsoft Outlook.

Collaboration is our primary use for this software. We are able to communicate quickly and effectively without the need to interrupt another's work flow. Questions can be asked and answered rapidly and it minimizes needless interruptions of peoples' work. Also, it helps create a social atmosphere at the office.

Jabber review by Lauren W.
Lauren W.

"Jabber allows for effective communication"

What do you like best?

Jabber allows me to instant message my coworkers questions without having to clog up their inbox.

What do you dislike?

The update has made jabber a little bit harder to navigate. It may be operator error, but I used to love the feature of being able to copy and paste numbers to call, rather than dialing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would very much recommend Jabber! I love that it connects with the phone system and helps me keep my voicemails in order, as well as allows instant and quick communication with coworkers.

Again, not having to email coworkers questions is great! It also allows me to favorite people I communicate with frequently. I love that is stores my voicemails as well and makes it easy to call back with one click!

Jabber review by Farid S.
Farid S.

"Another one in the bunch of messaging tools that sticks to a classic interface"

What do you like best?

Cisco Jabber gives me a fresh breath of air when it comes to using a messaging tool. Products like Skype have become so bloated while Cisco Jabber sticks to the basics.

What do you dislike?

The fact that it is not as popular as it should be. Very few organizations use Jabber.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a very tech savvy group of people, go ahead and use it. Your users will likely love it. However, if you have a very diverse group, stick to another solution as implementing Jabber is not as easy to get others to familiarize themselves with it.

Internal communication with users. I have used Jabber twice, once before it was owned by Cisco and once after. The one time I used it before, it was mostly because I wanted to learn how to install the server side and I ended up getting one more person to install it; it served its purpose. The second time, it was used in my organization as a trial run but it was never adopted by the majority of our own group or anyone outside. It seemed like a good idea to move towards it but it never came to fruition so I stopped using it.

Jabber review by User in Higher Education

"Great application for instant messaging and soft phone"

What do you like best?

I like how the status for the user does not show how long you have been away for, but sometimes it is useful information to know if someone has been away for a while so that you can see if they will be coming back soon.

What do you dislike?

I don’t like the design of the program as much as Skype for Business’s because I feel like the design looks a little outdated. I also don’t like how the status is not always synced up with my calendar so it does not always show that I’m in a meeting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider looking at Skype for Business especially if you already use Office 365 for licensing.

Communication and collaboration. It is a lot easier to send a quick instant message than write an email that’s very short because it can clutter up the inbox. I do think it makes it easier to ask questions too.

Jabber review by Pat M.
Pat M.

"Fine Product. Love the soft phone."

What do you like best?

I like the history of calls and the softphone ability

What do you dislike?

The UI could be better. It's a bit cryptic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No probs using it. fine product. Interface is simple but could be improved. I like the history of chats and calls and the soft phone quality it great. I like not having to have a phone and know that I can use the soft phone anywhere my laptop is which includes the office, home etc. I have not used all the fancy feature but what I have used works well.

The ability to work anywhere on the phone and not have to have a physical device on my desk or to be tied to.

Jabber review by Sheronda M.
Sheronda M.

"Jabber Junkie"

What do you like best?

What is there not to like. It's instant messaging without all the extra distractions. I use it for work and have never had an issue with it! Screen sharing. I love seeing who is calling my phone on my computer! That is by far one of the best features. I even had it for an additional phone line that was at a different desk so I knew if I should get up and answer the call or not. Wonderful!

What do you dislike?

If anything it would be that the call feature calls from my computer and not my phone. If I could work that out then I'd be set. Knowing Jabber it already has this feature waiting for me to discover.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Can't really say as to the fact that I don't know if it's user error, but I'd like to press the call button and it connect to my phone.

I can see when co-workers are available, on a call, or in a meeting. This helps me not interrupt and also let's me just message them if it's a quick question. Screen sharing with people in a different state makes me a lot more comfortable than having someone remote into my computer. They see what I want them to see.

Jabber review by Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting
Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting

"Cisco Jabber Review"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of it being like an instant messenger, where you can have conversations with co-workers throughout the day. However, you do not have to respond at that moment. I like how it does not show if you have read the message or not but does show when you get a response back. I also like how easy it is to look people up by phone number and see who is available online to chat. It is also easy to sort and see what calls I have received, miss and placed without having to look through my Cisco phone.

What do you dislike?

There is no way to delete the history at the end of a chat/day. I also don't like how the calls I pick up load into the chat message. It is very basically and doesn't have much to choose from but that is to be expected. It is definitely a very simplistic device that does the job but doesn't offer much "eye appeal."

Recommendations to others considering the product

I don't have any major recommendations, other than it is easy to use and requires little work. I feel like today most people are not fond of talking on the phone and this is an easier, less formal way of talking that doesn't require an email. Almost like texting but without the phone and having to switch between devices.

I am solving easier communication skills. Easier to communicate while there is a customer nearby that doesn't need to hear what is being said. And sometimes easier to utilize because people like to text/write via computer than talk over the phone. It is less formal so you do not have to think too much about the way you are styling and formatting your sentence structure.

Jabber review by Andra C.
Andra C.

"Not as user friendly as Microsoft Office Communicator"

What do you like best?

I like that I can utilize my calendar within Cisco Jabber. Not having to minimize Jabber and open Outlook to view my calendar saves time and efficiency.

What do you dislike?

I don't find this program as user friendly as Microsoft Office Communicator. I find that screen sharing is easier in Office Communicator and there are a lot more statues to choose from in Office Communicator to let others know your current status. I don't like that I cannot separate my chat views. I have to open all chats before knowing who exactly sent me the instant message. I haven't been able to determine user credentials as easily as I did in Microsoft Office Communicator.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you don't get rid of your previous communicator program prior to going live with Cisco jabber. We've seen issues across the board where users aren't able to log in or it works for them one day but not the next. Make sure to send out procedures on using this program to all employees.

I have not been using this product long enough in order to see business benefits. Some users are having trouble accessing the program so we are not able to use it with everyone consistently.

Jabber review by User in Banking
User in Banking

"Instant Messenger for a new and modern generation"

What do you like best?

i like how jabber is essentially my instant messenger, phone and lifeline to my co-workers all in one platform and service.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about jabber is when i switch my status to away, when i come back it doesn't automatically switch me back to the "available" status. So some days it says i'm away for hours because i honestly forget to switch the status back myself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

i cannot recommend Jabber enough to any medium or large size company, especially if you have folks who work in multiple states, work from home or constantly travel on the road for work.

Jabber was able to solve a problem for us where we have a very large team and organization with people all over the country, and not everyone works out of an office with a desk or phone, and connect us all at the click of a button. The benefits cannot be spoken about enough. It integrates with all our Webex meetings, phone systems and more.

Jabber review by User in Individual & Family Services
User in Individual & Family Services

"Customer Service Representative"

What do you like best?

I love how streamlined the access to this is. It's so simple to search, add, delete, and call people when I need it right away. I can literally click a button and it takes me to where I need to be, which is extremely efficient when I'm needing to accomplish something quickly.

What do you dislike?

I honestly can't think of anything about this product that I often find myself disliking. It did initially take a little bit of time to figure it all out, but once that happened, it was basic and simple to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's best to properly train employees when they are first hired and begin using this program. It's easy to use once you're familiar, but in my case, I was just thrown in and not given much instruction as to use of the application.

It's efficient to be able to call or message someone with the click of a button. I don't have to remember extensions for people around our business, which is extremely beneficial in saving time.

Jabber review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Functional but could use a facelift."

What do you like best?

Easy to use and provides all the necessary requirements needed to complete by daily activities. The ability to listen to Voice Messages via email if you are not at your softphone is great. I am always in the know of when someone has tried to contact me and can easily respond after listening.

What do you dislike?

For a platform from Cisco, I would expect it to be more pleasing to the eye. The interface is very plain and simplistic, which for some people may be a positive. I don't require flashy lights and colorful buttons, but a little more thoughtfulness into the designs would always be appreciated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Improve the user interface!

We no longer have a need for physical phones (frees up desk space!). It's very easy make calls for anywhere and receive voicemails at anytime. I rarely miss a call now.

Jabber review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Jabber is great way to connect office phone to your computer"

What do you like best?

Ciso Jabber is very convenient instant messenger for organizations. It connects seamlessly

What do you dislike?

I think that it could be more prominent,

Jabber review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Useful communication app with VoIP integration"

What do you like best?

Jabber allows us to integrate with several systems like Presence and Active Directory and gives our users a platform to communicate in several ways with many useful tools, like screen sharing and transferring files. And integration with our phone system allows it to tie into our Cisco phones also, making Jabber the primary tool outside of email for communication in our organization.

What do you dislike?

Some of the integrations can be difficult to setup, especially if using older versions of Cisco software like UCCX.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Verify it can integrate with your phone system for the VoIP features.

We switched our soft phone setup for users from Cisco IP Communicator to the Jabber integration and this has allows additional functionality from the tool, and let us retire the old IP Communicator setup and software from end user's machines. This gives us one less piece of software to support.

Jabber review by Blake N.
Blake N.

"Great for screen sharing"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use of Jabber and being able to share my screen with colleagues to explain the system. I also like the ability to have the document transfer retention as well as the retention of previous conversations.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how it will crash on occasion. I also think it would be nice if the app was updated to be able to support the full screen on the iPhone X.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would always recommend having it sign in automatically and also downloading it on your phone so you don't miss any notifications when you are not at your desk, it really helps.

Being able to communicate across offices and training multiple users at once.

Jabber review by User

"Business version of AIM"

What do you like best?

I like the convenience and the ease of use with Cisco Jabber. It has the ability to organize your coworkers in a dashboard, easy communicating for quick questions, and you can dial numbers directly from the application and have it go to your phone ( so no going back and forth looking at computer and phone)

What do you dislike?

There really isn't much to dislike about this product unless you are using it for something other than it is intended to be used for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a product of Cisco so the support isn't that amazing, but we rarely ever have to contact support for the use of this product. Setup is easy, upgrades are easy as well.

Cisco Jabber helps us to communicate without having to send a bunch of emails and wait replies or get up from our desk to speak to our co workers on 10 different floors of our building to ask a question. It does give us the ability to see if they are available on the phone or busy and can't talk.

Jabber review by Justin J.
Justin J.

"Work Communication"

What do you like best?

A quick an easy way to communicate with coworkers without a question getting lost in an email inbox, or wasting time walking to them for a few second answer. Since we started using it a few years ago our usage has increased dramatically and the ability to share images and others easily allows me to answer engineering questions without trying to guess what someone means over the phone or vice versa. We also use a Cisco phone system, it may not be specific to that, but with it a notification of a call pops up on your computer in case you have headphones in and don't hear the call, and you can make calls directly from your computer.

What do you dislike?

At times I have trouble connecting, it could be something server side but you're forced to completely close and reopen the program at times to allow a log in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very helpful software, not sure of the implementation or cost but it will save time on multiple personnel interactions.

Jabber allows us to quickly and efficiently collaborate with colleagues without wasted time and effort. When guiding another engineer through a design he hasn't done before I'm able to send screenshots and step by step processes for him to follow at his desk. Honestly, it cuts down on the small talk that usually ensues when you make a trip to someone's office for a simple question.

Jabber review by Reita S.
Reita S.

"Makes collaborating much easier! "

What do you like best?

I like how easily accessible it makes communication among our offices located all over the US.

What do you dislike?

It doesn’t alway automatically sign you in when you log in to your phone and acc

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to read the instructions- It helps a lot! Normally I just glance over stuff like that, but the first few weeks after our company started using Jabber, I was so lost until I looked at tutorials and could have just peeked at the directions that came with our hardware! It made life soooo much easier!

We don’t have to spend a long time trying to call or email each other/wait for a response so we can serve our clients quickly and effix

"Cisco Jabber Review "

What do you like best?

With people spread out across my office building and campus where I work, it is a fast efficient way to have quick conversations to keep the work moving forward. You can easily manage contacts and find people and create groups. You can also do audio calls and share you screen or send attachments.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I "lose" information because I closed the window and can't get back to see the conversation. Also, I don't see a setting to make it pop up on your screen when someone messages you. The icon just kind of blinks at the bottom of your screen and it is easy to miss if you don't have your sound on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good, solid tool to use for communication.

Quick and efficient communication. Saves time and also keeps conversations short so you get the information you need but don't get down into the weeds of more details or personal conversations that derail productivity.

Jabber review by Kelly A.
Kelly A.

"Cisco Jabber Review"

What do you like best?

What I like most about Cisco Jabber is the ability to use my cell phone for my work calls and have vendors, end users, etc not know the difference. I also really like using the Jabber client for my work calls when I am at my desk.

What do you dislike?

What i dislike most is that when I'm on a call using my Jabber softphone, if I start working in other windows on my computer, the Jabber call doesn't stay at the forefront of the screen anywhere (even if I have that button checked in the options). So when my call ends, I'm usually scrambling along my taskbar to find the Jabber icon so I can hang up.

Giving end users the ability to use Jabber on their mobile devices gives them more freedom away from the office. Also, the desktop client allows them to easily chat back and forth with colleagues in the office.

Jabber review by Monica C.
Monica C.

"Jabber para empresas"

What do you like best?

Cisco Jabber es una de las mejores herramientas para hacer llamadas desde un equipo de computo y donde estés, puedes llevar el teléfono de tu oficina a donde quieras solo requieres tener una conexión a Internet. Cisco Jabber es tan fácil de usar como cualquier teléfono físico, solo que lo harás desde un equipo de computo o desde la APP móvil para los celulares. Es tan fácil de usar como tener unos audífonos y laptop para poder hacer y recibir llamadas con Jabber. La tendencia es tener menos herramientas que nos aten a la oficina, ya todo va para la parte móvil y Cisco Jabber ayuda mucho

What do you dislike?

Cisco Jabber tiene tantas bondades que es difícil saber algo que no me guste, lo unico que limita el funcionamiento es que debes tener una VPN para poder hacer y recibir llamadas telefonicas

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cisco Jabber es una herramienta fácil de usar, económica ya que ahorraras en equipos físicos, también es fácil de administrar para las personas que se dediquen a instalar, configurar y dar soporte. Realmente es una herramienta muy util

Cisco Jabber es muy útil cuando no quieres hacer un gasto en equipos o estas fuera de tu oficina por largos periodos de tiempo. En caso de no gastar en equipos físicos solo puedes comprar diademas o con unos simples audífonos ya puedes realizar las llamadas sin problema. En caso de que viajar mucho y querer llevar el numero de la oficina para todos lados también es muy útil

"Love the features"

What do you like best?

I like that it is on your desktop and you can see who is calling and answer or ignore the call, instant message others for a quick answer, and you can listen to your voice mail right at your computer monitor. Your voice mails go to your email address, so if you are out of the office you can see you have a voice mail.

What do you dislike?

The redial is a little tricky. The connecting an outside call to you then another outside caller to the conversation is tricky, but I'm old school so it just may take a little longer for me to catch on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it. We love it here.

I use the instant message. If I need an quick answer from someone, I get on there and ask and you can print off the conversation so you have it for backup. I also like answering the phone from your computer. If you dont want to answer the call coming in, you just click with your mouse and send it to voice mail.

Jabber review by Sarina C.
Sarina C.

"Sarina's review for Cisco Jabber "

What do you like best?

I appreciate the fact that when I travel I am able to bring my work phone with me. Even if I do not want to be signed on and accept phone calls, I can quickly sign in and check my voicemail without having to go through the nonsense of calling in from another phone. I also appreciate that instead of being forced to use an ear piece, you can allow it to ring through your phone. Even when I was in the office with a desk phone, if I wanted to put in earphones, the message popping up letting me know that my phone was ringing was beneficial.

What do you dislike?

The only issue that I have with cisco is that I have to remember to sign on. I wish there was some type of notification to let you know when you are not logged on. It will also take some getting use to that I need to make sure I am in quiet area in the event my phone does ring on my computer, I am able to quickly answer it unless I have in my earpiece.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make you sure you find a good ear piece unless you work in a quiet environment. Find out which way works best for you. Also, if you have other ways that notify you of meetings be prepared for another one.

Being able to work in different places but still be accessible to those that we are supporting out in the field.

Jabber review by Paul S.
Paul S.

"Excellent Collaboration"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to instant chat with colleagues and see if they are available, busy, or away. I also enjoy being able to take calls from anywhere directly through the computer and having the full functionality to transfer calls.

What do you dislike?

I found Jabber to be pretty flawless. I never encountered any connectivity or software problems. Everything worked just as it was designed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it! Jabber improves communication and productivity greatly!

Cisco Jabber allows me to see who is available, in a meeting, or away at any time. I can instantly chat with a colleague or call them with a simple click directly through my laptop - audio and video! Jabber also allows me to work more productively at home by letting me take calls through my computer and simply forward them to my cell phone. I can even transfer calls through the computer without needing an office phone.

Jabber review by Collin H.
Collin H.

"Calls, Calls, and More Calls"

What do you like best?

I like that the mobile application works so well and integrates with the iPhone call lockscreen. It makes handling multiple and long conference calls a breeze.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the call quality is less than desirable. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to see a pattern for these low-quality calls either. It's rather random.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I find that operating the software from my mobile phone is a lot easier than using the desktop version.

As a remote (WFH) employee it can be challenging to keep up with all the calls coming in and going out on a daily basis without having a dedicated handset. Jabber brings your office phone right to your computer or mobile device.

Jabber review by Brian T.
Brian T.

"Great tool if you're licensed correctly"

What do you like best?

Jabber integrates nicely into our environment and allows for seamless status indicators from our UCS phone system (which also ties into Outlook). At a quick glance, I can see if someone is in a meeting or available, and easily message or call them.

What do you dislike?

Some of the organization features are clunky. It's not as intuitive as Skype for Business to create and manage groups of contacts. Importing contacts can also be a bit of a pain.

We were using Skype for Business but needed a cheaper, more integrated solution to video calling, chat, and soft phone capabilities. Jabber answered all of those by plugging in nicely with our UCS VoIP system and ease of use and installation.

Jabber review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Easy way to get Qs answered from colleagues in the office and around the world"

What do you like best?

I am a texter/chatter/IMer so I enjoy that I can ping my co-workers with Jabber instead of picking up the phone or walking over to their desks. I like that it integrates with Outlook so I can see who is online and also see status in terms of who is in the office.

What do you dislike?

I can't really think of anything that I dislike. I wish the settings were easier to find and also easier to search chat history. I also don't like seeing two icons on my desktop bar. I wish it was just a single window with multiple tabs rather than a separate contact list and a chat window.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a good product and I like that it integrates with Outlook. I wish it was easier to organize contacts. I like that it saves conversations now, which I'm not sure it did prior to the most recent update.

Quick answers to questions. Efficiency. Collaboration.

Jabber review by Jagtar S.
Jagtar S.

"Good"

What do you like best?

Cisco Jabber provides a complete package to communicate with other workers in your company.,

2)Sharing screen with other users is the best feature that I like.

3)Emojies are very good to express your reactions.

4)You can directly call Cisco phone instant click on the call button.

5) Automatically change your status while you are in meetings or on a call.

What do you dislike?

1)Consumes lots of physical memory while running.

2)When you click on any number in the chat log sometimes it starts making a call to that number

3)You can't change the group admins

4) Interface needs improvements

5) You can't save the screenshots or pics send to another user

6) You can share pictures in group chats

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great software with bunch of great features

1) To communicate with other members

2) To provide pictorial presentations by sharing screens

3) To provide one information to the whole team

Jabber review by Jonathan M.
Jonathan M.

"Jabber in Higher Ed"

What do you like best?

Easy to use from anywhere. It's a very simple program, and many of our long time faculty are starting to see the benefits of using it.

What do you dislike?

Licensing & use for mobile devices. It would be great to be able to use the same functionality on smart phones without buying additional hardware or licensing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking at VoIP options then Cisco does one of the best jobs in this market. The call quality and ease of use for end-users with Jabber was dead simple.

Using Jabber for Windows has allowed us to make our users mobile. Working in higher education we have faculty members constantly on the road. Jabber allows them to make calls to colleagues or students from where ever they're at that day. Coffee shops and home offices are now usable locations that give our faculty all the functionality they would have as if they were sitting in their own office on campus.

Jabber review by Mihai P.
Mihai P.

"Cisco Jabber is really nice to communicate quickly"

What do you like best?

Cisco Jabber is extremely decent to discuss rapidly with associates. I can make inquiries and get a reaction without saying anything so anyone can hear. Screen share is likewise an extremely supportive element. My collaborators and I utilize this element oftentimes. Be that as it may, so I would prescribe that Jabber turns into somewhat more easy to understand.

What do you dislike?

I detest that the emoticons on Jabber are exceptionally constrained. I have not played around in Jabber excessively, but rather I think they have to enhance beginning gathering messages. I have been utilizing Jabber for over a year. be that as it may, I am as yet uncertain how.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I fixed a few business issues through Jabber, for example, muddled stopping questions. A colossal advantage to utilizing Jabber is having the capacity to speak with chiefs, associates, and others in a split second. On the off chance that I have an inquiry, I don't need to trouble anybody. They can react to me rapidly with the data without intruding on their work.

I am tackled a few business issues through Jabber, for example, entangled stopping questions. An enormous advantage to utilizing Jabber is having the capacity to speak with supervisors, associates, and others in a split second. In the event that I have an inquiry, I don't need to trouble anybody. They can react to me rapidly with the data without intruding on their work.

Jabber review by ᕓɪͼҟɪ .
ᕓɪͼҟɪ .

"Great program for messaging "

What do you like best?

With Cisco Jabber, my teammates and I were able to easily communicate with each other via instant messaging from our PC. The Cisco Jabber Android App allowed us to continue communicating even when we were away from our PC. With Cisco Jabber, we were able to collaborate more effectively as well as maintain constant communication throughout the day.

What do you dislike?

I had some issues trying to get the Cisco Jabber desktop app to connect/display all of my information. While it's a good tool for instant messaging, Cisco Jabber was not quite as useful as I would have liked it to be. We eventually switched over to Skype for Business due to compatibility issues with Cisco Jabber.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cisco Jabber works great for instant messaging. If using the desktop app, then I also recommend trying out the Cisco Jabber Android app because they work well together.

When we were using Cisco Jabber, we were able to maintain a higher level of communication, despite whether we were at our PC or in a meeting or offsite.

Jabber review by Jim S.
Jim S.

"Much more than your simple chat software"

What do you like best?

There are many features I like about Jabber, but I think one of my favorite has to be the ability to post screenshots into it. A picture is worth a thousand words, and saves me a lot of typing time. I also like how it is integrated into outlook so people know when I am in meetings. I like how descriptive it is too, letting someone know if it is just an appointment or if I am in a webex chat.

Sharing screens is the next best feature. I have used this many times to show remote people how to do something. That feature alone has saved me a lot of time explaining how to do something over the phone. The ability to walk someone through something when you can see their screen is a priceless feature. Sharing files through drag and drop is also very useful.

What do you dislike?

It is very difficult for me to pick something out of this software that I dislike. I would have liked to see the ability to save a chat. After some searching and clicking, I have still not found it. I would like to be able to store specific chats locally on my hard drive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Like my title says, it is much more than just a simple chat program. It is a robust utility that allows for screen and file sharing. They even have a nice mobile application that works well.

The business solution is for collaboration. Jabber has given us the ability to converse and display information in static or real-time. Most of our business departments use this, and we have also been able to connect with other contracting companies that utilize it too.

Jabber review by Caryn Noe Z.
Caryn Noe Z.

"Very good IM service"

What do you like best?

Its look and feel, just like any other good IM service. The fact that you can make phone calls with the click of a button, sent an instant message, an email, share your screen, review voicemail, all in the same software.

What do you dislike?

At times it uses a lot of resources and the computer starts to lag. It also does not have as much emoticons as other services. Finally, I wish I could have an option to do something like favorites, or more frequently called numbers or speed dial, as Jabber is my only phone service, I do not have a physical telephone anymore.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a very complete tool. Just the option to share a screen is incredibly useful. No need to use another software solution to quickly share your screen with someone else. Also, the flexibility that it provides by allowing you to "carry your phone in your computer" is amazing. My clients in 15 different countries don't know if I'm in my desk, at a hotel or at home, and they don't really care, they just want to be able to reach me.

I support the Americas region, which entails 15 countries in the continent, including the U.S. I'm based on the U.S., Jabber helps me connect easily and fast with the other 14 countries as needed. Also, when on a business trip, I keep my work phone with me, as I can answer any call directly from my computer, regardless of my location. This provides great flexibility and reduced costs.

Jabber review by Samantha W.
Samantha W.

"Love it! "

What do you like best?

You can access your contact list quickly and efficiently. You can make phone calls from your computer. You can easily contact others without the hassle of email. You can also see who left voicemails and listen to them on your computer. If you are not at your phone but have your computer, you can still receive phone calls.

What do you dislike?

If you close the window, it shows the instant messages as though they were old. If you use Jabber on different computers, your responses may not show up on the computer that you were NOT responding on. The screen pops up on start up, and stays up until you manually close it, which "clutters" your screen.

Easy to contact a person without using the telephone if needed. If it is a simple question that does not require an actual conversation, this is very helpful.

Jabber review by User in Computer Software

"Enterprise level messaging IP voice & video telephony for communication co-ordination b/w employees"

What do you like best?

It's simplistic. UI is simple and easy to use. Little to know training is required. Very reliable. Supports attachments, screenshots and a fair number of emojis. Has an option to customize fonts. Integrates very well with cisco VOIP phone. Has an option to create webinars and webex. Easy to setup. Screen sharing ability and remote access , control is top notch.

What do you dislike?

Not completely cloud based. Updates are infrequent. Does not integrate with Active directory, Office 365. No options for cloud storage . Attachments and chats are stored locally in Users Hard disk. If user's PC is formatted all chats are lost. No support for MAC. No express edition. Mobile app in android is not upto the mark. Need a good chrome extension as well. Webex UI is a nightmare.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's easy, simple and time tested. Give Slack and Microsoft teams a try.

Enterprise communication and voice telephony.

Jabber review by Michael S.
Michael S.

"Cisco Jabber = Unified Communications"

What do you like best?

Jabber unifies instant messaging and phone capabilities in one tool. I can be messaging with a coworker and quickly call them if need be. Voicemails can also be accessed through the tool. Also, you can set an option to forward calls or even use Jabber to take/make calls. It also allows users to easily share screens, which is a huge plus for IT assistance.

What do you dislike?

My only dislike is the Jabber status bar parks itself at the top center of my screen by default. You can move or even remove it, so it's really not that much of a hassle.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cisco Jabber is a must-have for any organization that already uses Cisco IP phones. Integration between the two adds a great deal of value to all aspects of communication and support. Even as a stand-alone product, Jabber can improve communication across an organization.

I'm able to quickly connect with coworkers, coordinate with IT to resolve issues on my machine and easily handle communications directly from my laptop when not near my work phone.

Jabber review by Aaron S.
Aaron S.

"Jabber is great for collaboration and easy to setup if you already use Cisco for VoIP"

What do you like best?

The ability to have multiple chat in the same window is great. you can search for people to start new chats with right from the chat window. Emoji's.

What do you dislike?

When you close the chat window your previous chats with that person are not shown when starting a new chat with that person. So if you accidentally close the window, you cannot look back on what the conversation was about.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are considering Skype or some other client, I would reconsider. This runs on 1 virtual server. It can be tied in with your VoIP and exchange email. Your IT department can use it effectively for supporting users. Chats can be autosaved for record keeping. Clean interface and easy to use.

People were on all sorts of chat clients before using Jabber. With newer versions you can share your screen, whiteboard, and control the other persons computer through Jabber.

Jabber review by Jessica O.
Jessica O.

"Easy way to stay in touch with colleagues "

What do you like best?

Basic chat program works fine. The best part is the different ways you can search for contacts. You can search by name or phone number. You can hook your phone line up to Cisco Jabber which makes reviewing recent calls and voicemail much easier because you can do it from your computer. You can also place and answer calls using the app if you have a headset. The interface is simple and easy to use with only the features you need and not a lot of extra buttons or menus.

What do you dislike?

When my computer logs out and I sign back in Cisco Jabber stays connected but doesn't pop up on the screen even though I leave the window open. It's hard to remember to change my status from Away to Available without having it open to see it when I get back.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It has everything you need for basic chat messaging and has good search features as well as a tab for scheduling and tracking meetings. It is an easy way to keep in touch without unnecessary features causing distraction, but if you need to communicate extensively with coworkers or telecommuters you may want a product with additional special features depending on your needs.

I save a lot of time by sending quick questions to colleagues in the building or leaving non-urgent reminders for others while they're away. I don't waste time in meetings that could be answered by chat in a few minutes and if someone is away from their desk I can leave a message so I don't forget what I needed to tell them.

Jabber review by Susan S.
Susan S.

"Great use for internal communication"

What do you like best?

Ability to see who is available, who is on a call, who is in a meeting, or who might be out of the office quick ability to call or chat with an individual inside the organization. Ability to create contacts and quick to call outside of the organization. Ability to download iPhone app which provides continued connection with play to contact needed for business purposes.

What do you dislike?

Currently use and enjoy the basic features of the program with no dislikes.

Ability to stay in contact in current communication with internal employees knowing if they are available before you call or chat with them.

Jabber review by Kirsten H.
Kirsten H.

"Product is great! "

What do you like best?

I love having this at work. Being able to talk to my colleagues from anywhere via IM, while still logged in for work from my PC is wonderful. We use the video conference a lot, just through Microsoft, which makes it very easy, allows for softphones and connectivity between a users' PC and their desk phone. This has greatly helped us with handling communication with remote employees.

Jabber Pros