Cisco Jabber

4.0
(1,638)

Empower employees to work together efficiently from anywhere by bringing together presence, instant messaging (IM), audio, video and web conferencing, enterprise voice, and visual voicemail into one client on your desktop.

Work for Cisco Jabber?

Kim C.
View Original

"Great communication tool"

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Cisco Jabber
Jabber review by Angela B.
Angela B.

"Great Way to Collaborate with Colleagues "

What do you like best?

Easy to use, easy to look up contact information, able to staff and contact others quickly and efficiently. I like that it is easy to access, easy to use and I can update my current status if I am not available. I also like that I can leave others notes and messages if they are away and they will be able to retrieve the note or message when they return to their desk. For my specific job this tool is helpful because we are all busy and dont always have the time to call each other and talk about an issue, so this is a way to be on the phone with members and staff a case with a supervisor. I also like this better than email because it is in live-time. Meaning my co-workers will immediately know when I send them a message.

What do you dislike?

Would like more features, would also like for conversations to be kept longer. When I log off and long back on all convos are wiped clean. More options for

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a very helpful tool to use in the office. This tool is also beneficial for those that work remotely and need to connect with their co-workers in the office setting. It is father than using email, and allows you to multitask, by being on the phone, and able to chat with another individual at the same time.

I am able to contact coworkers quickly to answer or ask questions

What Video Conferencing solution do you use?

Jabber review by Allison S.
Allison S.

"Good for small tasks, but could be improved"

What do you like best?

I like jabber's UI as I think it is clean and neat. I also like that you can customize your availability/status into messages and by color. It's an easy messaging tool and I use it most often for that function.

What do you dislike?

Jabber will not allow calls to my desk phone if my status shows that I am in another meeting or on another call; it goes straight to voicemail. I also am not able to listen to voicemails on my desktop through jabber. Another issue with Jabber is that it will have issues if I try to drag and drop a file directly into a chat box.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have used several different company messaging tools including Slack and Skype and I would say that Jabber is my least favorite thus far. It is limited in its capabilities, so if I can an option I would choose another application.

We use jabber as an intercompany messaging tool, but we also use it to share screens for simple meetings.

Jabber review by christina w.
christina w.

"Cisco Jabber - Best for Internal Communication"

What do you like best?

Jabber adjusts extremely well to organizations that need to keep up a persistent and prompt line of communication with the end goal to enhance the execution of the association through successful communication. Jabber adjusts exceptionally well for communication among staff, since it gives the devices of work the utilization of works in the field. Jabber does not adjust exceptionally well to inventive and imaginative organizations with an innovative reason.

What do you dislike?

Cisco Jabber is somewhat perplexing to execute appropriately in your condition. The bigger the communication bunch the more entangled it can move toward becoming. There are likewise some extra highlights like determined visit that require additional assets like an independent database for persevering talk.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is incredible as a texting stage and a snappy method to impart between associates. I urge my associates to utilize it to manage little things or issues to evade copy and superfluous email trades. I likewise welcome the stage for creating individual connections in the workplace in a casual way.

Jabber organizes the organization's activities to accomplish a more decisive line of communication. Jabber gives our association better communication systems, also quick reaction times. Our association figured out how to essentially diminish reaction times, permitting issues, occurrences, challenges, and potential and advancement of ventures to be tended to quickly. This change in communication time has enabled us to enhance our lists of gainfulness, lessen costs, and advancement our business forms.

Jabber review by Whitney W.
Whitney W.

"Jabber is wonderful"

What do you like best?

I love that if you do not sit right next to someone, you can "Jabber" them if you have a quick question. No reason to waste time walking over. It might sound lazy but it really is a time savor. It also is able to show busy/free/in a meeting, etc. Very helpful. I can also message someone quickly that I am going to come over for a quick meeting.

What do you dislike?

I wish that you could have group chats with those from your company. That would be helpful for when you are trying to solve a problem and multiple people need to be involved but you don't want to send an email and bog everyone down with that. The other thing is, if you are in "Do not Disturb", I wish there was an option to have a chat not pop up in case you are giving a presentation or something like that. It would also be great if it could talk to Microsoft Outlook or other email applications so that emails also would not pop up on your screen while presenting. If this is an option now, I do not know about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will learn it the best by just using it. If there are trainings on details that you might miss, that would be helpful but otherwise it is very easy to understand.

Being able to get a question answered extremely quickly. If it needs to be a drive-by, you can quickly see if someone is at their desk. Getting questions solved quickly is really important in every day business because the more time you save, the more you have for other tasks.

Jabber review by Ry N.
Ry N.

"Clunky, Dated Software"

What do you like best?

The chat features of Jabber are decent. However, managing Cisco Jabber from an administrative standpoint is a nightmare. Our Cisco Phone System (which controls Jabber) is extremely complicated and hard to manage. I cannot confidently recommend it to anyone. Though, we are running an older version, so maybe it has gotten better.

What do you dislike?

It is extremely hard to manage Cisco Jabber from an administrative standpoint. We use the phone system features, as well as the chat features. It's nice that we are able to integrate it without solutions that we use, such as Microsoft Active Directory.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you plan on implementing Cisco Jabber, higher a consultant to configure the system for you and save yourself some headache. It may be worth having another consultant company manage your Cisco Jabber System as well.

Cisco Jabber provides our company with a communication program that internal users can use to communicate with eachother. We also use Jabber as our phone system, and our clients are able to reach our employees by calling their Jabber phone numbers.

Jabber review by Alexandra I.
Alexandra I.

"User-friendly, but not as technologically advanced."

What do you like best?

The aesthetic of Cisco Jabber is crisp and bright. The sidebar icon layout is useful, and I enjoy that it connects with my phone system. I can view missed calls and voicemails via Cisco Jabber.

What do you dislike?

It is difficult to add contacts to your favorites. I cannot add a contact by searching in the search bar of my main screen. I need to open up a chat with another contact and search through THAT secondary search bar. From my experience over the last year, there is nothing spectacular that sets Cisco Jabber apart from other similar products.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a simple chat product, Jabber meets your requirements.

Cisco Jabber allows me to easily communicate with my peers. I've been able to communicate with them efficiently once they've been added to my favorites. I do not use Jabber for any video conferencing or other need. It has strictly been to communicate quickly with other employees.

Jabber review by Matthew C.
Matthew C.

"Simple, straight forward instant messaging software"

What do you like best?

Simple, easy to use. The best part is that it keeps all prior conversation history inside each chat window. Even after you have closed it out. That's great if you accidentally close a window before reading a message. Which has happened with other IM software that doesn't keep a record of your prior conversations with a person.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to not like about this product. Simple, straight forward messaging product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great for keeping track of conversation history. I've used other messaging software that doesn't not track/keep conversation history. From a historical data perspective, It is a great alternative in-lieu of sending emails back and forth just to maintain a conversation history ...which takes up storage space on servers.

Easy to share files, screen shots, and communicate quickly without a phone call or writing an email. Increases productivity all around.

Jabber review by abhilasha r.
abhilasha r.

"Being a Cisco engineer, I had a pretty great experience with this software."

What do you like best?

You can ping any person of your company world wide.

Can share documents.

Pretty easy user interface. You can make your chat interesting by emojis and different font colors.

Take screenshot directly from the Jabber and share.

You can sync your case notifications with it. So, next time whenever a new case is coming you will get a ping.

Can install in your phone as well.

Set up calendar invites.

What do you dislike?

You cannot great a group anymore.

You cannot share the doc file with Jabber.

Can copy and paste only around 23 lines at a time to share.

If you are running it in phone and PC simultaneously, it can change your Jabber status randomly.

I am a Cisco engineer so I need to talk every other engineer or manager world wide. Jabber helps me a lot in that.

I have set up a case notification also in it. So, whenever I get a priority case or network down case, i come to know immediately.

Jabber review by Jamie J.
Jamie J.

"Reliable instant message between coworkers"

What do you like best?

Cisco Jabber offers a truly instant and simple platform for sending instant messages between employees at an organization. There are desktop and mobile versions off the app which work smoothly together. It integrates with the entire Cisco Unified Communications system, as well as Windows Active Directory, making deployment simple and smooth.

What do you dislike?

One drawback, that isn't particularly obvious when you use the software, is that offline messages are simply undeliverable, without any indication. One might assume that a message will be available once a user comes online, but in reality they need to be online in the first place to receive any messages. Adding users to Jabber is also not particularly intuitive... there is no central "directory" so for our organization, we rely on an XML file which must be manually updated in order to "import" users after a Jabber install is completed. Ideally, Jabber would pull from a directory once installed, eliminating the need to use the XML file.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Jabber can help your employees easily communicate with each other. It is quick and reliable, something that is important these days when everyone expects fast answers to their questions.

Cisco Jabber allows us to easily communicate between each other, regardless of where employees are located. Remotely by smartphone or sitting at a desk, Jabber allows for quick easy messaging. Like any other Cisco offering, it offers excellent reliability, unmatched security and is very easy to use.

Jabber review by Kyle C.
Kyle C.

"Great Tool for working remote"

What do you like best?

Chat client is much smaller than Microsoft teams and is well integrated within Outlook. I think that it is easy to search for people within your network to talk with them and also make calls from the platform.

What do you dislike?

It reminds me a little too much like AOL's Instant Messenger. It could really use an update on the look. We also have had problems utilizing the phone integration with the chat tool. I wish that we could get it to work like it's supposed to because the phone tool can be used across platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think that Jabber is great because you can connect and screen share with other employees as well as clients. One of the things that I like more about WebEx is the ease of use.

Connecting with remote employees and having meetings is what really helps us stay on top of projects as well as things going around in the office. Great way to have conversations, show PowerPoint presentations, and work in teams. We are not always in the office so this client helps us in our virtual office feel.

Jabber review by Ashish M.
Ashish M.

"Connect to Client with ease"

What do you like best?

The Android App version of Cisco Jabber is too easy and handy to use. I am using this app to connect to client meeting daily. It is so simple just dial in any meeting or personal number and it will make a call using your phone data

What do you dislike?

I am facing one issue in this app as my call is getting disconnected after every some 15 minutes, I am still figuring out the issue for this. Rest all works well in this App.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This you can use for connecting to different meetings, whether solo or in the group. But you can try skype for business as it is widely used in the IT world and will be great to connect with clients.

I am using this app to connect to my client meetings as clients are in Onsite. It can be used for other applications too such as joining a conference call.

Jabber review by Weihua Z.
Weihua Z.

"Review for Jabber"

What do you like best?

Could send the instant message to colleagues.

Integrated with webex, calendar and outlook so that can directly open web meeting portal if needed.

Concise UI design.

Integrated with telephone service.

What do you dislike?

The whole software is dependent on Microsoft Visual C++ environments.

And one time there is a problem with the environment settings of my company laptop so the Jabber broke down, no longer be able to see all the messages received and sent on my side. And it took a week for the IT people to fix this, which is a really painful experience for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For basic features, Cisco Jabber can meet the requirements.

But users should really look into other popular collaboration tools currently, such as Slack and facebook workplace.

Collaboration with team colleagues.

Regular chatting with people.

And for contacting or texting during some emergencies or meeting requests.

Jabber review by Jamie D.
Jamie D.

"Excellent corporate chat tool that works well with other Cisco products."

What do you like best?

Jabber is a solid chat client for the corporate environment. The desktop app is very robust and integrates well with other Cisco products. We have it integrated with our Cisco video phones and WebEx. You can share your desktop, launch a WebEx meeting or take calls over VOIP. It is easy to search for coworker with the active directory integration and organize contacts in groups. It also allows you to view missed calls and listen to voicemail if you have it integrated with your phone system. It will also remind you of WebEx meetings and allow you to launch them from the pop-up reminder. Overall, with the integrations, I believe it is one of the more feature complete chat clients on the market.

What do you dislike?

The mobile app is the only real weak point for Jabber. They have improved it a little over time, but it still has issues. I have used it both on iOS and Android and it is a battery hog. Significantly more battery drain when it is running. Also, it does not save login information when using single sign-on. This means I have to re-authenticate every time I open it fresh. This makes me question whether or not to open it when on the go.

One other issue is slow file transfer. The feature is there and easy enough to select a file, but the transfer is very slow and fails at times. Could be better.

Jabber allows our users to communicate easily and efficiently throughout their work day. It gives quick access to WebEx and phone functions with other Cisco integrations. It also allows staff to work remotely and stay connected.

Jabber review by My N.
My N.

"Your teamates are one click away. Cisco Jabber brings everyone together."

What do you like best?

I like it most because it is so convenient. Everyone is just one click away. communication becomes easier than ever! Imagine that you need to look for someone, travel to meet them, and wait for them when you do not have time and the things you want to ask is not of high importance - that's so troublesome. Most people are too lazy for that. Cisco Jabber solved that!

What do you dislike?

The only thing I do not like about Cisco is that history of old IM will be gone after a period of time :( Cisco is amazing in connecting people but sometimes it helps tremendously if I can go back and read old messages. Please keep the history Cisco Jabber! Sometimes we miss important information in old chat/conversations. Or you can set up an option of keeping histor/deleting old messages, just like imessage or gmail? That would be wonderful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cisco Jabber will bring team members together! Use Cisco Jabber to boost the efficiency of your co-woker. It is such a worthy purchase for me.

And what about you?

When you co-worker is across the room from you or you guys are in different parts of the building, then in-person communication does not work, especially when you just want to say something short. Facebooking and chatting on phone's softwares are not professional at work at all. And distracting as well! Sending emails about a trivial matter? Time consuming and slow! So the need for a software that allows people to chat professionally and only for people who work together is urgent. That's when CJ comes in handy. My company uses Jabber not only for our location, but also in otherlocations too. So basically I can talk to someone I have never met in a quick and casual, interactive way. Communicating with my co-workers also becomes so convenient. It boosts our productivitybecause we save our time and can aske ach other any question without being afraid of bothering others.

Jabber review by Janelle A.
Janelle A.

"Everyone is Accessible"

What do you like best?

I like that I can chat someone in a different department versus playing phone tag or waiting for them to respond to an email. It is convenient for someone like me who may be taking a phone call, typing notes and or email as well as chatting all at once. It is also convenient for reaching someone who is in office but may be in a meeting or just away from their desk.

What do you dislike?

This is a new feature our company has rolled out so at this time, there isn't anything that I do not like about Jabber.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for larger companies who interact with each other on a regular basis.

Customer service issues: for example, a customer is expecting a refund, I can chat someone in accounting for an update. Or, a client is calling in for an update and I can chat the last agent who was assisting them for an update and provide feedback in a more timely manner.

Jabber review by Michael L.
Michael L.

"AIM crossed with Slack crossed with Snapchat"

What do you like best?

Simple and easy to use - Jabber is sort of a no-thrills version of AIM for business.

What do you dislike?

I've had all sorts of weird issues getting Jabber to work when I've moved from one location to another without shutting down my laptop completely. I'm not sure if it's an issue with our remote login or security systems, but it took me a while to figure out that if I move from one wifi to another, I need to manually shut down Jabber to get it to re-connect, which is sort of obnoxious. You also can't look back at old conversations (they are deleted each time you logout), which is extremely frustrating and counter-productive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Beware of the fact that conversations get deleted each time you logout (so it's not as useful for conversations that you could potentially reference in the future).

Jabber gets the job done, but it definitely leaves something to be desired. We use it for intra-office communications, primarily on days when people were working from home.

Jabber review by Matthew H.
Matthew H.

"Good Basic Instant Messaging Client"

What do you like best?

I love the simple layout. Jabber is more responsive than Skype for Business. Jabber offers comparable features to Skype for Business, such as voice calls, video messaging, screen sharing with remote control. Has the ability to change fonts/colors/styles. Conversation history can be saved. Ability to add avatar. Ability for Windows, Mobile, and MAC applications. It does handle Voice Mail if you have supported features, and does integrate with outlook for upcoming meetings, and will change your availability status if you're in a meeting. Ability to call into Cisco Webex meetings

What do you dislike?

The inability to search prior conversation history. You can only scroll through the past conversations, unlike Skype for Business that if enabled, sends conversations to a folder in your inbox that you can use to search through with Outlook.

Also having multiple Webcams (integrated vs external) and mic types confuses Jabber at times and even though defaults are set many times the application forgets them. Screen share quality at times seems less quality than running Skype For Business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skype for Business is hard to beat at $5/month if your company utilizes Office 365 Subscriptions.

Ability to quickly communicate with colleagues. Users can have video conversations with any employee around the world as long as they have a somewhat stable internet connection. Ability to get simple questions and requests answered and taken care of without composing an email. Screen sharing allows IT to see error messages, or allows end users to share presentations with others, again without having to attach the powerpoint, send it via email, and then clutter up your mailbox.

Jabber review by Angela A.
Angela A.

"Bringing the phone onto the screen is a huge help"

What do you like best?

I like that Jabber is simple to use, and does not require any time consuming trainings. I also like that the interface is clean and clear.

What do you dislike?

I would like more obvious message notifications, or ways to see when you have a missed called. If there was a pop up every set amount of time, as preferred by the user that may be best.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for something simple, with a clean and clear interface, this will be a product for you.

Using the phone system through the internet has made it easier for our company to see who is calling and to program calls to specific areas. It has also made it easier to program the phones and lists of usual callers.

Jabber review by Adam W.
Adam W.

"Great Communication tool"

What do you like best?

I like that you can instant message someone. I like that it notifies you on your screen if someone is calling or instant messaging you. You can search someone else's phone number on the app as well.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the "docking" at the top of the screen because sometimes it gets in the way of open browsers. I have played around with turning that off, but it is also nice to have there for quick calls/messages, so it's a matter of placement at this point.

I have realized that some end users that do not respond to calling real well, will sometimes respond to the instant messaging better. It is nice that instead of calling you can send a quick text.

Jabber review by Jessica C.
Jessica C.

"If you don't have an internal instant messaging system, you're doing "communication" wrong"

What do you like best?

I live the reality of a "conference call" centric-job. Back to back calls with little time for lunch nonetheless sitting down with my team as often as I'd like. Jabber allows us to communicate quickly and effectively. I am a member of a global team, so having the functionality to communication with my team members on both my computer and mobile phone is invaluable to me.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any dislikes about Jabber.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Perhaps my strongest recommendation to those considering Jabber is to ask themselves, "is there room for improvement within the amount of our team's communication?" If the answer is yes, then look no further.

Consistent communication is what keeps large teams together. The ball drops when details are missed, conversations aren't captured in writing, and the window of opportunity to communicate is closed by back-to-back meetings. Jabber is the quick and easy answer to keep the ball not only in the air, but flying into the net.

Jabber review by Victor E.
Victor E.

"Good experience"

What do you like best?

The bes application of cisco is the possibility of sharing the own screen to other partners. Just clicking on a button they can watch the same like you.

What do you dislike?

The system sometimes crash, and it has to be restarted. And other thing is that it is not easy to share the call to other partner. You should click on 3 buttons in order to do this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This application is not the best for chatting. The video conferencing sometimes crash and it is not easy to do somethings like give permissions to other user in the conferencing...

You can easily keep in contact with your work mates. We have 2 floors in our facilities, and Cisco give us the possibility of talk with someone in a few seconds.

Jabber review by Samantha D.
Samantha D.

"Jabber a good way to stay in touch with friends/colleagues at work"

What do you like best?

I like that it's easy to create group chats and find people in the employee directory. I have several friends at work, and we all have the same job title, so it is super helpful to be able to just IM them via Jabber to ask a question and collaborate on important work documents.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that when you close out of the group chat, you erase yourself from the conversation, and it shows up at someone having "left" the conversation. If I created the chat, I don't want to see if someone has removed them self from the chat. There should just be a way to "mute" notifications or close out of the chat without letting everyone know you left, especially when this is just another way of building team collaboration and helping to build team relationships.

A couple times, Jabber has not launched, but that might have to do with my computer, not the software itself. One benefit is if I have a simple question for someone, and I either don't want to call them or know they won't answer, I can just ask anything via Jabber instead of clouding up their already full inbox with another useless email. Jabber is great for asking quick questions and getting fast responses.

Jabber review by Sandy A.
Sandy A.

"CIsco Jabber - All in one organizational communication platform"

What do you like best?

How easy and integrated it is! Jabber is like instant messenger for organizations. It connects seamlessly to your outlook and Cisco Webex/phone systems to allow users to know when you're in a meeting, presenting, on a call, etc. The integration is truly fantastic across all Cisco products and services - allowing you to join a webex and phone call immediately by clicking on a simple popup within Jabber, and automatically change your status to "on a call" so your colleagues know you're not available.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike, it is simple and effective. If I had to pick one thing, it's not allowing you to choose a nickname. There are many employees that have nicknames or preferred names, and trying to find them by less commonly known legal names is tricky.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Jabber by itself is fantastic, but if you have Webex and phone systems from Cisco, you can really feel the benefit. They integrate together such that if you have a meeting that has Webex enabled, 2 minutes before the meeting Jabber will popup the Webex link for you and ask if you want to call in. If you say yes, simply picking up your phone connects you immediately to your meeting's call line and your computer will launch the video conferencing. It really is an elegant solution.

Collaboration, communication, and greater adaptability with our agile process. Jabber speeds up how fast business can operate. It's also fantastic for working with employees in other locations or working remotely.

Jabber review by Andrew C.
Andrew C.

"Fantastic Communication Tool Perfect for Medium-to-Large Companies"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to search for people in the directory and send them a quick question. It's much easier than e-mail.

What do you dislike?

One potential downside is that Cisco Jabber is best used in conjunction with their IP Phones and the Outlook Add-in Feature which keeps track of your conversations in your e-mail. Searching within our Outlook directory allows us to search by department role, whereas Jabber itself only allows name (at least this has been my experience). It's probably best used when integrated with other Cisco products.

We are constantly having to communicate between different departments in our line of work, so Jabber is a great way to ask a question and get an immediate reply in a way that's less formal and time-consuming than regular e-mail.

Jabber review by Frances N.
Frances N.

"Standard software gets the job done"

What do you like best?

Chances are, pretty much everyone you know uses Cisco Jabber at work, and that's probably the best feature. Because this is a very standard software, it is easy to get to know, everyone knows how to use it, and you're not likely to have to learn a new system when you go to a new company.

What do you dislike?

Logging in, at least for me, can be buggy. There are times where I am able to log in, but I have to do it twice. Or, I do log in, and then for some reason it says I can't get full functionality. It's fine, but I would prefer it to be a little more transparent in terms of instructions and being a consistent experience. I don't want to have to guess every time i log on to cisco that I am fully logged in, or if I am visible to other members or something like that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to train new hires well on this system IF they have never used it before. That way, they will be able to use this knowledge again and again.

Obviously, you are solving the problem of instant communication. You are not limited by people checking email, but you also don't have to get on the actual phone, which can be a hassle when you don't want to necessarily bother someone.

I believe this also solves the problem of using a new system at every company. If everyone uses Cisco, not as much time is waster on training, etc.

Jabber review by Amanda C.
Amanda C.

"A way to connect your office phone to your computer"

What do you like best?

I like that I can check my voicemail from any computer I'm on. I switch offices halfway through my shift, so if I get a phone call at my extension, I can still check my voicemail without having to run to my other office-space.

It's also a nice other way to chat with employees for quick questions. And you can see your calendar on it. It really connects all forms of communication here for the college employees.

What do you dislike?

I think that it could be more prominent, I'm not sure how many people actually use it. Also, I think your contacts should just be synced. When I log in, mine don't seem to sync with my email.

Maybe if it would automatically open when you log onto the computer then more people would realize and utilize it.

It opens the lines of communication more and connects all the lines that we have already been utilizing. It's nice to be able to see the voice mails and calendar and contacts all in one space.

Jabber review by Matt P.
Matt P.

"Great communication tool and softphone."

What do you like best?

The screen sharing feature is probably my favorite feature on jabber. As an IT professional, users jabber me all the time and asking them to share their screen to show me an issue is very convenient. It also integrates with outlook calendar to show when you're in a meeting, which I believe is part of the presence server function. It will change your status to on call if used with a company VOIP system. Having the ability to listen to voice messages through the Jabber software over headphones is also convenient.

What do you dislike?

I honestly don't have any specific dislikes when it comes to the software itself. The issues come in on the back end and configuration side. In the past year we've had it go down a handful of times, which was usually due to a server needing to be rebooted. I Also think it would be nice if a voice to text for voice messages could be added in the future, or maybe it's already there and our company doesn't use it?

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great software, just have to make sure the Internal and external administrators are fully trained in administrating and supporting it.

Simply put, it's a convenient communication tool. easy to look up someone in the company and send them a quick message. Especially as an IT support person I can easily contact someone to view and correct their issue. It also works with a variety of meeting tools such as Webex and Tandbergs.

Jabber review by Robbie S.
Robbie S.

"Works well mostly"

What do you like best?

I have used Cisco Jabber (previously Cisco Communicator) for Mac & PC for awhile now. I like the ability to search for contacts within AD and find specific extensions. It is very useful for me to use a headset and make calls from my computer rather than the phone, as well as take calls and listen to voicemail.

What do you dislike?

Jabber for Mac crashes frequently when trying to go to Recent Calls. I have consulted with out Communications Network Admin but we have not reached a resolution. It no longer offers to generate a report like it used to, so I have no logs to provide him. As far as I know, I am running the latest version but when I select Check For Updates, nothing happens.

It is now easier for me to utilize calls from my computer and communicate with coworkers, saving time and effort.

Jabber review by Rachel O. S.
Rachel O. S.

"Jabber does its job."

What do you like best?

Jabber is a program that essentially works as a chatroom. You can have group chats, send files and images, and have a live status. The status I find especially helpful because it allows you to put your location, which helps when you need people to be able to find you in a building with tons of meeting rooms!

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it can't send live videos or gifs! On a serious note, I dislike that sometimes it cancels file requests for no reason, and that it deletes conversations older than a week. Also, there is no searchable IM feature that allows you to go back through and find your old conversations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I still prefer Slack for smaller teams, but this is great for a larger corporation.

It is immensely helpful in quick communication. We all receive so many emails a day that when you have a small question Jabber makes a world of difference in your question being seen.

Jabber review by Kaitlyn B.
Kaitlyn B.

"Jabber can be a life saver"

What do you like best?

It gives you the opportunity to quickly contact someone and get a response fast! I like that it gives you notifications and lets you add your contacts for easy access to information. I also like the group messaging so multiple people can talk at the same time. It is easier to keep track of threads vs traditional emails.

What do you dislike?

When I was using it if I got a notification pop up to join a group chat and I hit exit on that notification to get it off my screen because I was doing something else, it would immediately say that I declined joining rather than just waiting for my to respond on the actual application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It’s great! No real complaints!

It is easier to get quick answers. I work in banking and sometimes I need an anwser to a question or I need to tell someone something from across the room and with jabber I can do that and get a response almost immediately.

Jabber review by Joseph C.
Joseph C.

"Great for communicating with your team."

What do you like best?

I like that the team can communicate constantly. Groups can be made so you can easily sort through your contacts. We use this simultaneously with HipChat.

What do you dislike?

I feel as though the interface could be cleaner. It's also tough to update your profile photo. One of the biggest issues we have within our company is with many contacts, the avatar for each person gets switched with random people. This results in people sending a message to their boss that they meant for another coworker, etc. Simply because they saw the picture incorrectly and started typing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great for communicating with people in different departments and even shows their job titles so you know who you are talking to.

The fact that it integrates well with out Cisco phone system and webex has been helpful. We can be chatting with someone and then just click to call them quick and it's all in sync.

Jabber review by Rebecca H.
Rebecca H.

"Jabber is okay if you've never experienced Skype for buisness"

What do you like best?

I like that it's easy and hasn't broken on me ever. It's really reliable; and doesn't seem to take up a lot of processing power. I like that you can update your status to a custom text.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately, I have used other messaging tools that are designed better and I'm comparing Jabber to those tools. For example, Skype for business. I like that there aren't more status options. I want a 'Do Not Disturb' option, then other people aren't able to message me if I'm incredibly busy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a very simple tool. It's good for end users who aren't on the tech savvy side, but need a collaboration tool. I'm not sure of the pricing, but for some business, I think this would be a great option.

This is used as a virtual collaboration tool of sorts. Most of my team works remotely and we create a group chat daily to stay in touch. We are currently looking at other options for this functionality.

Jabber review by Ieshia F.
Ieshia F.

"Great Instant Messaging Service"

What do you like best?

Great to communicate with the entire hospital. i can reach all my employees even if they are busy, on the phone. I also like that it shows what's the status of each employee. I do like how you can customize the words also. It works best so I can differentiate between conversations. I do like that you can group everyone into different groups and message that group directly instead of sending separate messages to everyone one. It automatically opens when you start your computer.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the the conversation takes a while to load when you open the window. I may need to read a message right away and it may take a minute to load. Then when I am ready to respond it takes a while to load that also. It takes a while to open you you first turn on your computer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Love the effectiveness and ease of using this product. You are able to track where your employees are. You know the availability of each employee. You also get to know the status of an employee, whether they are available , busy, in a meeting, on a call.

I can communicate more easily and frequently with my employees. I like that the status is displayed of each person. You can customize your status. It also shows the location of each person. Works great for nurses and docs so you can know where they are at at the moment.

Jabber review by Barbara B.
Barbara B.

"A functional way to manage phone calls."

What do you like best?

I make on average 70 calls a day, and Jabber makes the process much more streamlined. I use it with a headset to make and pick up calls through my computer, which is much easier and more comfortable than calling and dialing on a real phone. Internally my team uses it to chat with each other and see when everyone else is in the office. I like that it syncs with our calendars to determine when my colleagues are busy or on another call.

What do you dislike?

Jabber is a bit buggy. On occasion it will eliminate the call or chat button from random people in my phone book while they're online. This is very frustrating, and requires me to go back to my regular phone or work with the remaining options it is offering me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It works for me and I am required to use it, but I think there are similar competitors out there that are better. I wish it integrated with SalesForce, but it doesn't.

Eliminates the margin of error when calling because it allows you to copy paste phone numbers directly from other windows on your computer. Makes rolling calls and huge call campaigns much easier.

Jabber review by Alonzo H.
Alonzo H.

"Cisco Jabber - To Chat or to be Watched"

What do you like best?

I like the fact i can show my availability based on my calendar. Instant messaging and shared view for cooperative work are great features and very useful.

What do you dislike?

Without your calendar dictating availability you have to manually make changes when you dont want to be bothered. Not a big deal, but for some higher ups showing they are available all the time just because they do not have a meeting scheduled can be annoying.

Well the business problem we wanted to solve was inner office communication. We wanted to leverage this tool to increase the cooperative problem solving throughout the company. We really haven't had a great success with this, yet. Changing ideologies and mindsets are difficult. People still send emails instead of using the tool, plus they see it as a way for their managers to monitor their "active" status.

Jabber review by Jesse O.
Jesse O.

"Cisco Jabber"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to see if your colleagues are available. It’s also very easy to start and end a call, similar to a phone call. It’s very intuitive.

What do you dislike?

Screen sharing is hard outside of one-on-one calls. Taking over a screen share either does not exist or is not easy to find. Another issue ks when someone sends an image in a message, and then you try and copy-paste it into another chat, it appears as a file transfer instead of just sending the image in the chat which is a little thing but gets annoying on a daily basis.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would reccomend this as a communication platform for large organizations, but I don’t think it’s as tech-forward in the messaging part as lets say google chat. For its purpose, it serves it well.

It really provides quick and effective communication and has the ability to connect entire organizations through messaging, calls, and video.

Jabber review by Andrey S.
Andrey S.

"Allows me to take my desktop phone anywhere with me"

What do you like best?

Everyone in our office has a desktop phone. It is a standard Cisco phone and you can cal to anybody in the office. But what should you do if you work from home or travel. Here's when Cisco jabber comes to the rescue.. You still have your regular ext number, but it is inside your PC. Very convinient

What do you dislike?

I don't like that there's only one client available and that technology is not opened to a public. You can't download this jabber client anywhere else except you admins will send you the setup file.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have employees that work from home or travel a lot and you also have Cisco based internal infrastructure, then this is a must have! This will solve a lot of problems and in many cases you won't even notice that the person is away.

If you're working from home or are travelling and you still need to have your ext number and communicate with your office colleagues - this is a perfect tool that let's you stay connected and participate in all meetings and conversations.

Jabber review by User

"Bring you Desk Phone on the Road!"

What do you like best?

I really like that Cisco jabber allows my phone to be portable with me while traveling for work. Cisco Jabber makes catching up on voicemail, placing calls directly from my laptop, and holding conference calls very easy. Moreover, I also like how Cisco Jabber allows for my missed calls, call history, etc. to be ported over from my physical desk phone.

What do you dislike?

I honestly can say there really isn't anything that I dislike with this product. If I had to complain about one thing, it is the bar that the software hovers on while being hidden in the background. This bar adheres to the top of your laptop screen. I really would like it if the bar would be able to recede off screen such that it wouldn't be in the way of me using other software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get this now!

We are solving business issues of being away from the desk and unable to utilize your desk phone with this Cisco Jabber software I personally have loved having this software and have been able to be more productive knowing that i have this software in my back pocket to keep me in touch with people while I'm away from my desk.

Jabber review by Colleen D.
Colleen D.

"Used as basic IM app"

What do you like best?

Simplicity. I never had many IT issues getting it to work. However, one time I did come back from a work break (I'm a co-op engineering student) and had issues when my company account was reinstated getting it back on.

What do you dislike?

It's very basic. If I had to pick an IM app I'd much rather use Slack than Jabber

Recommendations to others considering the product

What do you want to get out of your IM app? My company used Jabber for IMing but we used Webex for web conferencing. So since the company primarily used the software as an IM app, I didn't see a lot of advantage to using Jabber. However, that may be different if you do take advantage of the web conferencing features. I'd definitely be interested to try them out. It would've been easier to have just Jabber and not use Jabber for IM and Webex for video (However, maybe we used Webex because it's more common in the industry. So what we used for external video calls may as well have been for internal calls as well...). Long story short, if you're just going to use Jabber as an IM app, I'd look at how much you want to get out of your IMing. If you want GIFS and memes, don't go with Jabber. Also look and see if you want your IMing and video calls on the same platform.

Reaching coworkers in a quicker and more casual means than email.

Jabber review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Sleek & Modern Phone & Chat Client"

What do you like best?

Everything. The ability to look up associates phone numbers, make calls, direct IM chats as welll as group chats, being able to send attachments, as well as seeing and setting yours and others statuses.

What do you dislike?

The person search is not the best. You will have to search specifically for someones name. If someone has a hyphenated name, they will be difficult to search for. The mobile app is the only real weak point for Jabber. They have improved it a little over time, but it still has issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quick information and document sharing. Being able to see who is available and who is away is a huge plus, especially when transferring a call.

Jabber review by User in Computer Software

"Simple, light, and easy-to-use tool for workplace communication"

What do you like best?

Compared to other tools of its type, Jabber is significantly lights, loads much faster, and is quite easy to use. Moreover, if your workplace has Cisco communication systems setup, Jabber integrates brilliantly with office hardware. Integrating with meetings on Webex is also a matter of only a couple of seconds!

What do you dislike?

One major limitation of Jabber is that you cannot message somebody when they are offline. Moreover, messages sent while the recipient is offline do not even get sent later once they do come online. This can lead to occasional communication gaps from time to time. In comparison, similar tools like Slack do allow you to ping somebody who is offline as well - and they receive a notification once they eventually come online. This is one of the very basic features missing in Cisco Jabber.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Jabber is much lighter than most other similar tools.

However, Jabber does also have certain limitations in terms of features - sending large files as attachments does not always work as expected, and you cannot send a message or call somebody if their status is Offline.

If your business use cases do not priorities the above two needs, then Jabber is a great tool for you.

Jabber is the primary tool used at my workplace for employees to communicate with each other, when it is not possible or not convenient to meet in person. Jabber is also used as a platform for quick-sharing of smaller and non-confidential files and documents. Using Jabber certainly makes business communication quicker and more convenient.

Jabber review by Renee H.
Renee H.

"Good product, does the job"

What do you like best?

Cisco Jabber is a good basic chat product. It has simple UI and it is very easy to navigate. There is not a lot of "fru-fru" that makes it complicated to find your way around. The product does have a SUPER easy way to group chat. It is very easy and quick to get notifications. While mobile is not aesthetically pleasing, it does have fast notifications and it is easy to communicate when you do not have access via computer. Support for cisco has always been superb. I appreciate the fast service. The product only went down once, and when it did, it was up within an hour making the outage nearly non-existent. I would recommend this product to a company needing a new tool to help communicate with thier employees.

What do you dislike?

The UI is simple, but compared to it's competitors like "slack or hangouts", It is not as aesthetically pleasing. The mobile version is NOT good. It is very hard to find chat groups, and to communicate as the text box is very small. There needs to be an added feature on mobile allowing it to be easier to seen.

Communication! It is very easy to communicate with people from other offices, or someone that may sit on the other side of the office as you. I do wish their was a cloud version, rather than phone or computer. The mobile version could also use some work on UI.

Jabber review by User in Investment Banking
User in Investment Banking

"Work remotely and still feel like you're in the office."

What do you like best?

I love the fact that this tool has a mobile feature so that I can be present in meetings and conferences virtually. It has a facetime feel to it that I think is great. It makes working fun especially when you are remote such as in another country, office or even at home

What do you dislike?

I dislike that sometimes the video conference can freeze or the pixels can be all mixed up. Of course, that can be a signal issue but I have really good mobile service so I believe it is an issue with the app itself. I have noticed that if you do not update your app as often as possible, you are bound to run into functionality issues

Recommendations to others considering the product

You need to constantly update your app whenever new enhancements or improvements come out. If you keep using the same old app, you may run into issues. I would, bottom line, advise that it is best to get this app if you are a working professional who may not always be in the office

The ability to be present even when you are working remotely. It makes it feel as thought everyone is still at the table and is still making decisions. It's way better than doing just a conference call where people's facial reactions and gestures.

Jabber review by Cameron S.
Cameron S.

"Cisco Jabber Review "

What do you like best?

Cisco Jabber is really nice to communicate quickly with coworkers. I can ask them questions and receive a response without having to say anything out loud. Screen share is also a very helpful feature. My coworkers and I use this feature frequently. However, I do not know how to use the screen share tool, so I would recommend that Jabber becomes a little more user friendly.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the emojis on Jabber are very limited. I have not played around in Jabber too much, but I think they need to improve starting group messages. I have been using Jabber for over a year. but I am still unsure how to do that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend that others use Cisco Jabber at work. However, I would recommend that they take time to get to know all the features and benefits because it is not as user-friendly as I would like.

I solved several business problems through Jabber such as complicated parking questions. A huge benefit to using Jabber is being able to communicate with managers, coworkers, and others instantly. If I have a question, I don't have to bother anyone. They can respond to me quickly with the information without interrupting their work.

Jabber review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"Good for Chat, Not Quite Usable as a Phone"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the ease of communicating with my team quickly and effectively via the chat feature. This comes in very handy during executive meetings or other situations where it isn't possible to pick up the phone. I can't stand using Jabber as a phone though - I personally do not, but I have a nightmare every time I call a colleague who does use the phone feature. There is always a big delay when they pick up a call and a tinny sort of feedback.

What do you dislike?

A group chat feature would be nice, as this would allow me to send quick messages to my entire team. Also, the delay when answering a call and removal of the feedback/static would need to be addressed before I would use the calling option. I like the idea of the phone features and do use the program to listen to my voicemails, but the feedback and long delay when calling/receiving calls is a big issue for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend using all the features and testing them for your needs. You may not experience the same issues with the connectivity as we do, so you may find this a great solution.

Quick chats with staff when information is needed during meetings allows me to get information quickly without having to leave the room or stop the meeting. This information also stays 'available' in my chat history if I need to access it again at a later time.

Jabber review by Sophia B.
Sophia B.

"Cisco Jabber"

What do you like best?

Transitioning into a work at home position was made very easy because of this software. We can have meetings much more often due to this device, and in addition, it's possible to have meetings with other companies all over the world using WebEx and Jabber.

What do you dislike?

So far I have not encountered any issues since we have only just started utilizing it within the past month. I would like to mention however, that if you don't use Outlook, WebEx, and Cisco phones you will not be able to leverage many features. In this case, you may want to consider other options.

We now have the possibility to be hands-free by communicating with other people in the company. I can access my directory list to choose a person and make a direct phone call from my personal computer which can also be done by video. It also enables me to join meetings without leaving my workstation and it's possible to watch conferences from my PC or laptop. it seems that this will drastically decrease expenses by substituting videoconferences for work travel, so the company rarely has to pay for tickets and hotel rooms for employees that may live out of state or too far to travel into work daily or an important meeting. It will also remind you of WebEx meetings and allow you to launch them from the pop-up reminder. Overall, with the integrations, I believe it is one of the more feature complete chat clients on the market.

Jabber review by Christine R.
Christine R.

"SUper convenient for those times when collaberating would not be otherwise possible without Jabber!"

What do you like best?

The fact that Cisco Jabber effectively and seamlessly brings together instant messaging, voice, video, desktop sharing and conferencing and makes it so much easier to use each together entirely seperate.

I honestly wish there was something like this available for our mobile personal life, instead of having to run many apps at once and using so much of our storage buckets to hold said apps. I would much rather prefer to see something like Cisco Jabber for personal use at home or on our mibile devices, on the go so that We could download 1 software app and access all our social media or whatever, from there. How amazing would that be?! Cisco is really on to something with this innovative product!

What do you dislike?

I haven't found any aspect of Cisco Jabber that I didn't like during my utilization time of it. I actually hope to use it again in the future as it truly made things easier when the need for any of the collaberations were needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely give it a try, It will make your work life easier, as it did mine

Being able to be conveniently productive with my fellow team members, as well as managers and higher-ups on any platform, and at any given time. The ability to do this has solved numerous problems and I have expereienced many benefits to having this software as a part of my work life.

Jabber review by John Micheal D.
John Micheal D.

"Cisco Jabber: A Great Tool For Effective Communication "

What do you like best?

Cisco Jabber gives helps me to message and communicate with my colleagues in the office easily! It uses real time messaging that can reduce the delay of communication. It also helps to inform other whether you are active or not by displaying your status, which you can also customize. Not only through text messaging, it also helps us to communicate with other colleagues in different countries via Voice and video. The thing that I liked about it's voice and video conference is that it's packed with other features such as desktop sharing, soft-phone connectivity and the HD or High Definition quality of its voice and video. It also connects to my Microsoft account and Outlook so that whenever I have a meeting scheduled in outlook, it automatically updates my status in Jabber.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I dislike about this software is that there is no mode for it to save or archive previous conversations, which is very important and critical especially when it involves work or business related discussions. You have to manually copy/paste conversations or to take a screenshot of them just to have a backup or copy that conversation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cisco Jabber is very easy to use and helps you to communicate to other instantly!

The business problem that we are solving with Cisco Jabber is the instant relay of messages and increasing overall productivity with the help of improving communications both inside and outside the office

Jabber review by User

"El mejor teléfono software"

What do you like best?

Antes tenia teléfono físico y me lo han cambiado por Jabber, es mucho más cómodo, lo puedo usar desde cualquier sitio con conexión a internet por lo que te da mucha más movilidad. Me gusta mucho la búsqueda de contactos que es muy cómoda, el poder tener mensajería instantánea incluida, poder compartir la pantalla y cederle el control a la otra persona. El vídeo y el sonido son bastante buenos. Lo bueno sobre todo es la independencia de la plataforma ya que se puede usar en pcs, portatiles, moviles, equipos de videoconferencia, etc.

What do you dislike?

En general no me disgusta nada de Jabber, podría decir que también usamos Skype empresarial y noto un ligero mejor sonido en Skype que en Jabber pero es prácticamente inapreciable. Por lo demás no tengo nada malo que decir.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Si estas considerando el uso de Jabber te animaría a probarlo ya que te va a solucionar muchas facetas del trabajo. Nosotros ya no podemos vivir sin Jabber.

En nuestra empresa el Jabber nos facilita mucho la vida, la mensajería instantánea la usamos constantemente para hablar con los usuarios para resolver incidencias y no tener que llamarlos. Muchas veces nos comparten la pantalla para solucionarles los problemas por lo que es una herramienta fundamental en nuestro trabajo. Otras veces las videoconferencias también las hacemos por aquí cuando hay alguien desplazado y no dispone de un equipo de videoconferencia cerca. El envío de ficheros también nos resulta bastante útil.

Learning about Cisco Jabber?

* We monitor all Cisco Jabber reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.