Do you work for Jabber?

1-50 of 1930 total Jabber reviews
Jabber review by User in Hospital & Health Care
Most Recent Cisco Jabber Video Review

"Current Jabber user "

Jabber review by Molly L.
Mortgage Loan Assistant

"Great way to stay connected with co-workers"

What do you like best?

This is so much better than emailing co-workers, and it's really nice to not have to remember everyone's phone numbers but just find their name. I also like that it keeps a list of my most recent chats at the top. When I work remotely it also keeps my phone number thru my computer so its easy for me to call clients and not worry about them getting my personal number, or looking unprofessional by using my personal number.

What do you dislike?

I hate that when I pick up my phone the jabber takes up the whole screen, I am normally looking at a number on my screen and then the jabber window opens up and I cant see the rest of the number. just an annoyance. It stays at the top of my screen and when I want to hover near it comes open and so I need to move it around a lot. I wish it would maybe go to the side of the screen instead.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a pretty great platform for chatting. it saves previous chats even when you exit.

I can see when people call and they don't leave a message. I can reach out to someone that I need an answer from right away instead of just letting the question sit in their inbox. When I go remote I can still call clients. I can do group chats and that is very helpful so its not just a bunch of CC emails.

Jabber review by Sukesh  N.
Software Engineer
(10,001+ employees)

"Good app for chat,audio calling,video calling in a professional enviornment"

What do you like best?

Go with Jabber is a great option.

Small, simple and easy interface for instantly messaging in one in the work hour.

Desktop sharing is another cool feature I use it when get stuck somewhere.

Easy to create group and message them.

Password protected.

I can set my status as per need like Available,Away or Do not disturb etc.

Its very easy to use.

Using Jabber we can do audio and video call to team members

What do you dislike?

I dont have much to dislike about it but I feel the video quality can me much better. Large number of texts cant be pasted as half of the text gets trimmed

As I work in a IT industry,I use Jabber to communicate with my client users,we create group and chat whenever required. We initiate video call and audio call.This software connects people globally for free which is the best part.5*'s for this app.

Jabber review by Damini H.
Group Lead
(10,001+ employees)

"Great application for chat and screen sharing."

What do you like best?

I like its real time text functionality as i can do question answer with my colleagues. Screen share is amazing -

using this i can see my team mate box screen or i can show them mine as per the need. Its linked with outlook so i can get detail about schduled meeting also. As well as i can get know anyone status easily like who is available, away, do not disturb or presenting etc. Next to this its group chat is great feature using this its very easy to comunicate with number of participants on a single platform at a time. I can view the profile of user just by selecting an employee name from the list.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike only one thing i noticed i can not set alert notification to get know when someone goes Away.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great application go for it.

Using this tool for conversation with company employees as well as with clients. Improved the rate of response and queries answer quickly. With the help of screen share improved the issue review nicely as not all my colleagues don't have production system access so i can easily show prodiction system data to them by sharing my screen. Overall its a great tool and shortening the distances between my overseas team members and clients.

Jabber review by Heather R.
Payroll Administrator

"Wonderful Tool"

What do you like best?

Jabber is a quick way to see if a fellow employee is available. If so, I am able to send a message and get a response right away instead of waiting on an email. We can do group jabber's of subjects that get the answers efficiently and move on. It also can be set up to work with your phone / headset so that you can answer the phone or place a call through Jabber. If connected to your phone system, you can see Recent Calls, who a Voice Message was received from (or listen if set up) and view your calendar. The possibility to set up groups of employees such as HR, Payroll, Accounting, etc can be set up so you find your contact easily.

What do you dislike?

I have not figured out exactly how to have the timing so that sometimes it shows me in a meeting when I am available. This is a minor problem as most of us send the Jabber anyway to see if we get a response.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It works well within an organization to keep everyone up to date on who is in and also who is unavailable due to tasks such as someone being the phone, in a WebEx, Away from desk, out of office and other custom tabs they can set.

One problem solved is I do not have to leave my desk to deliver a quick message or "call" it out verbally to someone close to me. It keeps the info in a place where only the person I am in contact with is aware of the content.

Jabber review by Nirmesh K.
Team Lead Manager
(10,001+ employees)

"Jabber - Great tool for instant messaging and screen share"

What do you like best?

I like most its screen share and chat functionalities. I can share and view my team members systems screen so quickly. Its group chat feature is also great as we easily use to discuss our work related things with concerened person in a common window. Next to this contact customize functionality allows me to create new group so i can easily configures the different team members into specific group. I can can set my status as per need like Available or Do not disturb etc. This auto alerts me when i set to some one on Alert when available. Its very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Not much but it gives a pop-up of new message arival even my current status is In a meeting or do no disturb.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very good application for chat and screen share and a must tool for official purpose. Go with Jabber is a great option.

With the help of Jabber's chat and screen share features we saved a lot of time to discuss and understand the issue of our team memebrs even they are in a different continent. It keeps my outlook meeting detail in the Mettings section. This is preety helpful to get answered of a question from my team mates.

Jabber review by Ashleigh J.
Client Service Associate
Insurance

"Extremely Useful"

What do you like best?

Jabber is awesome for connecting with co-workers without disrupting people in surrounding cubicles. Sometimes an email is just a little too much, and Jabber is great for casual chatting. I use it all the time - and I wish more people in my office utilized it.

What do you dislike?

There's not much I dislike; I think it's something specific to my company, but I wish I could put a profile photo in my account.

Apart from that, sometimes it has trouble connecting to my phone and that's hard to deal with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Encourage coworkers to use it.

Try the chat feature with multiple people for a mini meeting

The benefits are minimal disruption to people around me.

There are coworkers that shout over cubicle walls, and it's very distracting.

I wish they used Jabber the way I do.

Easy communication with someone when you don't really need an email.

Jabber review by Angela B.
Care Coordinator
(10,001+ employees)

"Great Way to Collaborate with Colleagues "

What do you like best?

Easy to use, easy to look up contact information, able to staff and contact others quickly and efficiently. I like that it is easy to access, easy to use and I can update my current status if I am not available. I also like that I can leave others notes and messages if they are away and they will be able to retrieve the note or message when they return to their desk. For my specific job this tool is helpful because we are all busy and dont always have the time to call each other and talk about an issue, so this is a way to be on the phone with members and staff a case with a supervisor. I also like this better than email because it is in live-time. Meaning my co-workers will immediately know when I send them a message.

What do you dislike?

Would like more features, would also like for conversations to be kept longer. When I log off and long back on all convos are wiped clean. More options for

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a very helpful tool to use in the office. This tool is also beneficial for those that work remotely and need to connect with their co-workers in the office setting. It is father than using email, and allows you to multitask, by being on the phone, and able to chat with another individual at the same time.

I am able to contact coworkers quickly to answer or ask questions

Jabber review by christina w.
Technical Lead

"Cisco Jabber - Best for Internal Communication"

What do you like best?

Jabber adjusts extremely well to organizations that need to keep up a persistent and prompt line of communication with the end goal to enhance the execution of the association through successful communication. Jabber adjusts exceptionally well for communication among staff, since it gives the devices of work the utilization of works in the field. Jabber does not adjust exceptionally well to inventive and imaginative organizations with an innovative reason.

What do you dislike?

Cisco Jabber is somewhat perplexing to execute appropriately in your condition. The bigger the communication bunch the more entangled it can move toward becoming. There are likewise some extra highlights like determined visit that require additional assets like an independent database for persevering talk.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is incredible as a texting stage and a snappy method to impart between associates. I urge my associates to utilize it to manage little things or issues to evade copy and superfluous email trades. I likewise welcome the stage for creating individual connections in the workplace in a casual way.

Jabber organizes the organization's activities to accomplish a more decisive line of communication. Jabber gives our association better communication systems, also quick reaction times. Our association figured out how to essentially diminish reaction times, permitting issues, occurrences, challenges, and potential and advancement of ventures to be tended to quickly. This change in communication time has enabled us to enhance our lists of gainfulness, lessen costs, and advancement our business forms.

Jabber review by Whitney W.
Specialist - Compensation
Airlines/Aviation

"Jabber is wonderful"

What do you like best?

I love that if you do not sit right next to someone, you can "Jabber" them if you have a quick question. No reason to waste time walking over. It might sound lazy but it really is a time savor. It also is able to show busy/free/in a meeting, etc. Very helpful. I can also message someone quickly that I am going to come over for a quick meeting.

What do you dislike?

I wish that you could have group chats with those from your company. That would be helpful for when you are trying to solve a problem and multiple people need to be involved but you don't want to send an email and bog everyone down with that. The other thing is, if you are in "Do not Disturb", I wish there was an option to have a chat not pop up in case you are giving a presentation or something like that. It would also be great if it could talk to Microsoft Outlook or other email applications so that emails also would not pop up on your screen while presenting. If this is an option now, I do not know about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will learn it the best by just using it. If there are trainings on details that you might miss, that would be helpful but otherwise it is very easy to understand.

Being able to get a question answered extremely quickly. If it needs to be a drive-by, you can quickly see if someone is at their desk. Getting questions solved quickly is really important in every day business because the more time you save, the more you have for other tasks.

Jabber review by Ry N.

"Clunky, Dated Software"

What do you like best?

The chat features of Jabber are decent. However, managing Cisco Jabber from an administrative standpoint is a nightmare. Our Cisco Phone System (which controls Jabber) is extremely complicated and hard to manage. I cannot confidently recommend it to anyone. Though, we are running an older version, so maybe it has gotten better.

What do you dislike?

It is extremely hard to manage Cisco Jabber from an administrative standpoint. We use the phone system features, as well as the chat features. It's nice that we are able to integrate it without solutions that we use, such as Microsoft Active Directory.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you plan on implementing Cisco Jabber, higher a consultant to configure the system for you and save yourself some headache. It may be worth having another consultant company manage your Cisco Jabber System as well.

Cisco Jabber provides our company with a communication program that internal users can use to communicate with eachother. We also use Jabber as our phone system, and our clients are able to reach our employees by calling their Jabber phone numbers.

Jabber review by Alexandra I.
Specialty Sales Representative (Immunology)
Pharmaceuticals

"User-friendly, but not as technologically advanced."

What do you like best?

The aesthetic of Cisco Jabber is crisp and bright. The sidebar icon layout is useful, and I enjoy that it connects with my phone system. I can view missed calls and voicemails via Cisco Jabber.

What do you dislike?

It is difficult to add contacts to your favorites. I cannot add a contact by searching in the search bar of my main screen. I need to open up a chat with another contact and search through THAT secondary search bar. From my experience over the last year, there is nothing spectacular that sets Cisco Jabber apart from other similar products.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a simple chat product, Jabber meets your requirements.

Cisco Jabber allows me to easily communicate with my peers. I've been able to communicate with them efficiently once they've been added to my favorites. I do not use Jabber for any video conferencing or other need. It has strictly been to communicate quickly with other employees.

Jabber review by Cody F.
Accounting Manager

"Cisco Jabber"

What do you like best?

Cisco Jabber allows me to quickly chat and call my co-workers. It's a resource that helps me quickly access phone numbers and emails.

What do you dislike?

The only negative with Jabber is when you answer a call or dial a number the Cisco application is brought to the front of the screen. It's frustrating when you are calling someone and it goes to their voicemail and you are typing on your computer, it automatically assumes you are typing for the purpose of the call.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great resource to your company and will allow the members of your organization to connect with others more efficiently and effectively.

I'm able to use share screen and video to quickly connect with people in other locations of our business. I'm in a corporate role and help/train others off-site and it allows us to be more connected.

Jabber review by Matthew C.
Treasury Analyst
Entertainment
(10,001+ employees)

"Simple, straight forward instant messaging software"

What do you like best?

Simple, easy to use. The best part is that it keeps all prior conversation history inside each chat window. Even after you have closed it out. That's great if you accidentally close a window before reading a message. Which has happened with other IM software that doesn't keep a record of your prior conversations with a person.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to not like about this product. Simple, straight forward messaging product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great for keeping track of conversation history. I've used other messaging software that doesn't not track/keep conversation history. From a historical data perspective, It is a great alternative in-lieu of sending emails back and forth just to maintain a conversation history ...which takes up storage space on servers.

Easy to share files, screen shots, and communicate quickly without a phone call or writing an email. Increases productivity all around.

Jabber review by abhilasha r.
Network Engineer (N2)
(10,001+ employees)

"Being a Cisco engineer, I had a pretty great experience with this software."

What do you like best?

You can ping any person of your company world wide.

Can share documents.

Pretty easy user interface. You can make your chat interesting by emojis and different font colors.

Take screenshot directly from the Jabber and share.

You can sync your case notifications with it. So, next time whenever a new case is coming you will get a ping.

Can install in your phone as well.

Set up calendar invites.

What do you dislike?

You cannot great a group anymore.

You cannot share the doc file with Jabber.

Can copy and paste only around 23 lines at a time to share.

If you are running it in phone and PC simultaneously, it can change your Jabber status randomly.

I am a Cisco engineer so I need to talk every other engineer or manager world wide. Jabber helps me a lot in that.

I have set up a case notification also in it. So, whenever I get a priority case or network down case, i come to know immediately.

Jabber review by Jamie J.
Inside Sales Manager
Industrial Automation

"Reliable instant message between coworkers"

What do you like best?

Cisco Jabber offers a truly instant and simple platform for sending instant messages between employees at an organization. There are desktop and mobile versions off the app which work smoothly together. It integrates with the entire Cisco Unified Communications system, as well as Windows Active Directory, making deployment simple and smooth.

What do you dislike?

One drawback, that isn't particularly obvious when you use the software, is that offline messages are simply undeliverable, without any indication. One might assume that a message will be available once a user comes online, but in reality they need to be online in the first place to receive any messages. Adding users to Jabber is also not particularly intuitive... there is no central "directory" so for our organization, we rely on an XML file which must be manually updated in order to "import" users after a Jabber install is completed. Ideally, Jabber would pull from a directory once installed, eliminating the need to use the XML file.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Jabber can help your employees easily communicate with each other. It is quick and reliable, something that is important these days when everyone expects fast answers to their questions.

Cisco Jabber allows us to easily communicate between each other, regardless of where employees are located. Remotely by smartphone or sitting at a desk, Jabber allows for quick easy messaging. Like any other Cisco offering, it offers excellent reliability, unmatched security and is very easy to use.

Jabber review by Kyle C.

"Great Tool for working remote"

What do you like best?

Chat client is much smaller than Microsoft teams and is well integrated within Outlook. I think that it is easy to search for people within your network to talk with them and also make calls from the platform.

What do you dislike?

It reminds me a little too much like AOL's Instant Messenger. It could really use an update on the look. We also have had problems utilizing the phone integration with the chat tool. I wish that we could get it to work like it's supposed to because the phone tool can be used across platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think that Jabber is great because you can connect and screen share with other employees as well as clients. One of the things that I like more about WebEx is the ease of use.

Connecting with remote employees and having meetings is what really helps us stay on top of projects as well as things going around in the office. Great way to have conversations, show PowerPoint presentations, and work in teams. We are not always in the office so this client helps us in our virtual office feel.

Jabber review by Ashish M.
AEM Developer
(10,001+ employees)

"Connect to Client with ease"

What do you like best?

The Android App version of Cisco Jabber is too easy and handy to use. I am using this app to connect to client meeting daily. It is so simple just dial in any meeting or personal number and it will make a call using your phone data

What do you dislike?

I am facing one issue in this app as my call is getting disconnected after every some 15 minutes, I am still figuring out the issue for this. Rest all works well in this App.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This you can use for connecting to different meetings, whether solo or in the group. But you can try skype for business as it is widely used in the IT world and will be great to connect with clients.

I am using this app to connect to my client meetings as clients are in Onsite. It can be used for other applications too such as joining a conference call.

Jabber review by Weihua Z.
Intern in Data Science Team

"Review for Jabber"

What do you like best?

Could send the instant message to colleagues.

Integrated with webex, calendar and outlook so that can directly open web meeting portal if needed.

Concise UI design.

Integrated with telephone service.

What do you dislike?

The whole software is dependent on Microsoft Visual C++ environments.

And one time there is a problem with the environment settings of my company laptop so the Jabber broke down, no longer be able to see all the messages received and sent on my side. And it took a week for the IT people to fix this, which is a really painful experience for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For basic features, Cisco Jabber can meet the requirements.

But users should really look into other popular collaboration tools currently, such as Slack and facebook workplace.

Collaboration with team colleagues.

Regular chatting with people.

And for contacting or texting during some emergencies or meeting requests.

Jabber review by Jamie D.
Learning Management System Administrator, Training Specialist
Machinery

"Excellent corporate chat tool that works well with other Cisco products."

What do you like best?

Jabber is a solid chat client for the corporate environment. The desktop app is very robust and integrates well with other Cisco products. We have it integrated with our Cisco video phones and WebEx. You can share your desktop, launch a WebEx meeting or take calls over VOIP. It is easy to search for coworker with the active directory integration and organize contacts in groups. It also allows you to view missed calls and listen to voicemail if you have it integrated with your phone system. It will also remind you of WebEx meetings and allow you to launch them from the pop-up reminder. Overall, with the integrations, I believe it is one of the more feature complete chat clients on the market.

What do you dislike?

The mobile app is the only real weak point for Jabber. They have improved it a little over time, but it still has issues. I have used it both on iOS and Android and it is a battery hog. Significantly more battery drain when it is running. Also, it does not save login information when using single sign-on. This means I have to re-authenticate every time I open it fresh. This makes me question whether or not to open it when on the go.

One other issue is slow file transfer. The feature is there and easy enough to select a file, but the transfer is very slow and fails at times. Could be better.

Jabber allows our users to communicate easily and efficiently throughout their work day. It gives quick access to WebEx and phone functions with other Cisco integrations. It also allows staff to work remotely and stay connected.

Jabber review by My N.

"Your teamates are one click away. Cisco Jabber brings everyone together."

What do you like best?

I like it most because it is so convenient. Everyone is just one click away. communication becomes easier than ever! Imagine that you need to look for someone, travel to meet them, and wait for them when you do not have time and the things you want to ask is not of high importance - that's so troublesome. Most people are too lazy for that. Cisco Jabber solved that!

What do you dislike?

The only thing I do not like about Cisco is that history of old IM will be gone after a period of time :( Cisco is amazing in connecting people but sometimes it helps tremendously if I can go back and read old messages. Please keep the history Cisco Jabber! Sometimes we miss important information in old chat/conversations. Or you can set up an option of keeping histor/deleting old messages, just like imessage or gmail? That would be wonderful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cisco Jabber will bring team members together! Use Cisco Jabber to boost the efficiency of your co-woker. It is such a worthy purchase for me.

And what about you?

When you co-worker is across the room from you or you guys are in different parts of the building, then in-person communication does not work, especially when you just want to say something short. Facebooking and chatting on phone's softwares are not professional at work at all. And distracting as well! Sending emails about a trivial matter? Time consuming and slow! So the need for a software that allows people to chat professionally and only for people who work together is urgent. That's when CJ comes in handy. My company uses Jabber not only for our location, but also in otherlocations too. So basically I can talk to someone I have never met in a quick and casual, interactive way. Communicating with my co-workers also becomes so convenient. It boosts our productivitybecause we save our time and can aske ach other any question without being afraid of bothering others.

Jabber review by Janelle A.

"Everyone is Accessible"

What do you like best?

I like that I can chat someone in a different department versus playing phone tag or waiting for them to respond to an email. It is convenient for someone like me who may be taking a phone call, typing notes and or email as well as chatting all at once. It is also convenient for reaching someone who is in office but may be in a meeting or just away from their desk.

What do you dislike?

This is a new feature our company has rolled out so at this time, there isn't anything that I do not like about Jabber.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for larger companies who interact with each other on a regular basis.

Customer service issues: for example, a customer is expecting a refund, I can chat someone in accounting for an update. Or, a client is calling in for an update and I can chat the last agent who was assisting them for an update and provide feedback in a more timely manner.

Jabber review by Michael L.
Marc Hershman Marine Policy Fellow at the Washington State Department of Ecology
Environmental Services

"AIM crossed with Slack crossed with Snapchat"

What do you like best?

Simple and easy to use - Jabber is sort of a no-thrills version of AIM for business.

What do you dislike?

I've had all sorts of weird issues getting Jabber to work when I've moved from one location to another without shutting down my laptop completely. I'm not sure if it's an issue with our remote login or security systems, but it took me a while to figure out that if I move from one wifi to another, I need to manually shut down Jabber to get it to re-connect, which is sort of obnoxious. You also can't look back at old conversations (they are deleted each time you logout), which is extremely frustrating and counter-productive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Beware of the fact that conversations get deleted each time you logout (so it's not as useful for conversations that you could potentially reference in the future).

Jabber gets the job done, but it definitely leaves something to be desired. We use it for intra-office communications, primarily on days when people were working from home.

Jabber review by Matthew H.
Help Desk Manager
Utilities

"Good Basic Instant Messaging Client"

What do you like best?

I love the simple layout. Jabber is more responsive than Skype for Business. Jabber offers comparable features to Skype for Business, such as voice calls, video messaging, screen sharing with remote control. Has the ability to change fonts/colors/styles. Conversation history can be saved. Ability to add avatar. Ability for Windows, Mobile, and MAC applications. It does handle Voice Mail if you have supported features, and does integrate with outlook for upcoming meetings, and will change your availability status if you're in a meeting. Ability to call into Cisco Webex meetings

What do you dislike?

The inability to search prior conversation history. You can only scroll through the past conversations, unlike Skype for Business that if enabled, sends conversations to a folder in your inbox that you can use to search through with Outlook.

Also having multiple Webcams (integrated vs external) and mic types confuses Jabber at times and even though defaults are set many times the application forgets them. Screen share quality at times seems less quality than running Skype For Business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skype for Business is hard to beat at $5/month if your company utilizes Office 365 Subscriptions.

Ability to quickly communicate with colleagues. Users can have video conversations with any employee around the world as long as they have a somewhat stable internet connection. Ability to get simple questions and requests answered and taken care of without composing an email. Screen sharing allows IT to see error messages, or allows end users to share presentations with others, again without having to attach the powerpoint, send it via email, and then clutter up your mailbox.

Jabber review by Angela A.

"Bringing the phone onto the screen is a huge help"

What do you like best?

I like that Jabber is simple to use, and does not require any time consuming trainings. I also like that the interface is clean and clear.

What do you dislike?

I would like more obvious message notifications, or ways to see when you have a missed called. If there was a pop up every set amount of time, as preferred by the user that may be best.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for something simple, with a clean and clear interface, this will be a product for you.

Using the phone system through the internet has made it easier for our company to see who is calling and to program calls to specific areas. It has also made it easier to program the phones and lists of usual callers.

Jabber review by Adam W.
Technical Services Specialist
Insurance

"Great Communication tool"

What do you like best?

I like that you can instant message someone. I like that it notifies you on your screen if someone is calling or instant messaging you. You can search someone else's phone number on the app as well.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the "docking" at the top of the screen because sometimes it gets in the way of open browsers. I have played around with turning that off, but it is also nice to have there for quick calls/messages, so it's a matter of placement at this point.

I have realized that some end users that do not respond to calling real well, will sometimes respond to the instant messaging better. It is nice that instead of calling you can send a quick text.

Jabber review by Brandon L.
Finance Specialist
Accounting

"Stay connected easily with co workers. "

What do you like best?

Jabber is a brisk method to check whether a kindred worker is accessible. Assuming this is the case, I am ready to communicate something specific and get a reaction immediately as opposed to looking out for an email. We can do bunch chatter's of subjects that find the solutions effectively and proceed onward. It likewise can be set up to work with your telephone/headset so you can pick up the telephone or spot a call through Jabber. Whenever associated with your telephone framework, you can see Recent Calls, who a Voice Message was gotten from (or tune in whenever set up) and see your logbook. The likelihood to set up gatherings of workers, for example, HR, Payroll, Accounting, and so on can be set up so you discover your contact effectively. I like most its screen offer and visit functionalities. I can share and view my colleagues frameworks screen so rapidly. Its gathering visit highlight is additionally incredible as we effectively use to talk about our business related things with associated individual in a typical window. By this contact alter usefulness enables me to make new gathering so I can without much of a stretch arranges the distinctive colleagues into explicit gathering. I can set my status according to require like Available or Do not aggravate and so on. This auto cautions me when I set to somebody on Alert when accessible. Its extremely simple to utilize.

What do you dislike?

Might want more highlights, would likewise like for discussions to be kept longer. When I log off and long back on all convos are cleaned off.

Recommendations to others considering the product

On the off chance that you plan on executing Cisco Jabber, higher a specialist to arrange the framework for you and spare yourself some cerebral pain. It might merit having another specialist organization deal with your Cisco Jabber System too. In case you're searching for a basic talk item, Jabber meets your prerequisites.

Jabber composes the association's exercises to achieve an increasingly unequivocal line of correspondence. Babble gives our affiliation better correspondence frameworks, likewise brisk response times. Our affiliation made sense of how to basically decrease response times, allowing issues, events, difficulties, and potential and progression of dares to be tended to rapidly. This adjustment in correspondence time has empowered us to upgrade our arrangements of benefit, diminish expenses, and headway our business shapes. Having the capacity to get an inquiry addressed very rapidly. On the off chance that it should be a drive-by, you can rapidly check whether somebody is at their work area. Getting questions settled rapidly is extremely vital in consistently business in light of the fact that the additional time you spare, the more you have for different errands.

Jabber review by Jessica C.
Account Manager - IP & Science, New Business

"If you don't have an internal instant messaging system, you're doing "communication" wrong"

What do you like best?

I live the reality of a "conference call" centric-job. Back to back calls with little time for lunch nonetheless sitting down with my team as often as I'd like. Jabber allows us to communicate quickly and effectively. I am a member of a global team, so having the functionality to communication with my team members on both my computer and mobile phone is invaluable to me.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any dislikes about Jabber.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Perhaps my strongest recommendation to those considering Jabber is to ask themselves, "is there room for improvement within the amount of our team's communication?" If the answer is yes, then look no further.

Consistent communication is what keeps large teams together. The ball drops when details are missed, conversations aren't captured in writing, and the window of opportunity to communicate is closed by back-to-back meetings. Jabber is the quick and easy answer to keep the ball not only in the air, but flying into the net.

Jabber review by Victor E.
Técnico en Departamento I+D
Logistics and Supply Chain

"Good experience"

What do you like best?

The bes application of cisco is the possibility of sharing the own screen to other partners. Just clicking on a button they can watch the same like you.

What do you dislike?

The system sometimes crash, and it has to be restarted. And other thing is that it is not easy to share the call to other partner. You should click on 3 buttons in order to do this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This application is not the best for chatting. The video conferencing sometimes crash and it is not easy to do somethings like give permissions to other user in the conferencing...

You can easily keep in contact with your work mates. We have 2 floors in our facilities, and Cisco give us the possibility of talk with someone in a few seconds.

Jabber review by Samantha D.
Advertising Sales Assistant, SHAPE Magazine

"Jabber a good way to stay in touch with friends/colleagues at work"

What do you like best?

I like that it's easy to create group chats and find people in the employee directory. I have several friends at work, and we all have the same job title, so it is super helpful to be able to just IM them via Jabber to ask a question and collaborate on important work documents.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that when you close out of the group chat, you erase yourself from the conversation, and it shows up at someone having "left" the conversation. If I created the chat, I don't want to see if someone has removed them self from the chat. There should just be a way to "mute" notifications or close out of the chat without letting everyone know you left, especially when this is just another way of building team collaboration and helping to build team relationships.

A couple times, Jabber has not launched, but that might have to do with my computer, not the software itself. One benefit is if I have a simple question for someone, and I either don't want to call them or know they won't answer, I can just ask anything via Jabber instead of clouding up their already full inbox with another useless email. Jabber is great for asking quick questions and getting fast responses.

Jabber review by User in Government Administration

"There's a lot we can take adavantage of"

What do you like best?

I love that I can connect to my phone through my PC - make calls, answer voice mails

What do you dislike?

Hated that our haven't shown our users how much more powerful Jabber can be in terms of recorded messages and easy desktop use

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that if you're going into Cisco Jabber that you are using all it's features like using a cell phone as a company phone. Really nice feature but our agency doesn't use it - this of course depends on your plan and if you're going into using the phone app (but I have heard about trouble configuring the login). There are also web conferencing features that our agency could have adapted but for whatever reason management decided to use another product like Skype for Buisness for WebEx (another cisco product)

Right now it is mainly used in our support center for listening to after hour messages if Remedy/Salesforce did not generate the ticket

"Cisco Jabber Review"

What do you like best?

Cisco Jabber provides a quick and efficient way to contact your work colleagues. The easy to use interface allows me to organize my contacts by groups, changed notification settings, forward phone calls to a different number, amongst other useful functions.

What do you dislike?

Given the size of the organization I work for if I do not have an individuals contact information saved as a contact in my profile it may take longer to look up the person I want to call or message as opposed to directly emailing them. Also unless I take a screen shot of my messages jabber does not save my message history for as long as I would like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this product as it is very easy to use and does a great job of importing company contacts for convenience.

Cisco jabber allows me to quickly contact my colleagues for direct and quick communication that is often more efficient than emailing or calling.

Jabber review by Sandy A.
Financial Analyst

"CIsco Jabber - All in one organizational communication platform"

What do you like best?

How easy and integrated it is! Jabber is like instant messenger for organizations. It connects seamlessly to your outlook and Cisco Webex/phone systems to allow users to know when you're in a meeting, presenting, on a call, etc. The integration is truly fantastic across all Cisco products and services - allowing you to join a webex and phone call immediately by clicking on a simple popup within Jabber, and automatically change your status to "on a call" so your colleagues know you're not available.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike, it is simple and effective. If I had to pick one thing, it's not allowing you to choose a nickname. There are many employees that have nicknames or preferred names, and trying to find them by less commonly known legal names is tricky.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Jabber by itself is fantastic, but if you have Webex and phone systems from Cisco, you can really feel the benefit. They integrate together such that if you have a meeting that has Webex enabled, 2 minutes before the meeting Jabber will popup the Webex link for you and ask if you want to call in. If you say yes, simply picking up your phone connects you immediately to your meeting's call line and your computer will launch the video conferencing. It really is an elegant solution.

Collaboration, communication, and greater adaptability with our agile process. Jabber speeds up how fast business can operate. It's also fantastic for working with employees in other locations or working remotely.

Jabber review by Andrew C.
Front Office Manager
Hospital & Health Care

"Fantastic Communication Tool Perfect for Medium-to-Large Companies"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to search for people in the directory and send them a quick question. It's much easier than e-mail.

What do you dislike?

One potential downside is that Cisco Jabber is best used in conjunction with their IP Phones and the Outlook Add-in Feature which keeps track of your conversations in your e-mail. Searching within our Outlook directory allows us to search by department role, whereas Jabber itself only allows name (at least this has been my experience). It's probably best used when integrated with other Cisco products.

We are constantly having to communicate between different departments in our line of work, so Jabber is a great way to ask a question and get an immediate reply in a way that's less formal and time-consuming than regular e-mail.

Jabber review by User

"Excellent office Instant messaging and collaboration tool"

What do you like best?

Amazing instant messaging and integrated desk phone tool. Easily communicate with your colleagues and also see their presence. Desk phone can be dialed from the Jabber tool and even the desktop can be used as soft phone.

What do you dislike?

Initial setup was little complicated and integrating the desk phone took little longer than expected. Also, after the desktop restarts the tool was not accepting the passwords and everyone in office had to do a password reset. It is not compatible with all desk phones but works well with Cisco phones

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent instant messaging and collaboration tool for office requirements. Very easy to use with rich features

Communicating with colleagues takes the most part of our office life and one of the key tool that we use to communicate is office email. With emails we do not expect an immediate answer. Jabber helped communicating with colleagues much faster than emails. Jabber is very useful for a quick check with someone without delaying for a meeting or email. As part of our profile, we support users on few applications and the desktop sharing feature is an amazing help where you can directly work on user desktop and resolve the application issue. It works well on multiple clients such as PC and my android phone.

Jabber review by Alok C.
System Administrator
(10,001+ employees)

"My views on Cisco Jabber"

What do you like best?

Jabber is greatly assisting me during my daily work. Using its screen share functionality i can easily check the issue on client machine. Within the office without walking on colleagues desk i can do queries and able to get answer quickly. By creating a group chat i can do discussion with whole team members. I can easily communicate with my clients without writing an email - i just need to send a text to concerned person and can discuss the things at same time. I can easily check any person availabilty - who is Available or who is currently Away. As well as i can customize my own status.

What do you dislike?

One improvement noticed - in the group chat i can not send a screen shot. Except that everything looks good to me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a great tool for conversation and screen share. Easy to use and light weight. If someone looking for a chat tool then its a good choice.

Improved trouble shooting on remote users' machine in an efficient way using share functionality. By using Jabber chat feature increased the productivity during work as i can easily do question answer with my colleagues.

"Another Chat Option"

What do you like best?

I like that you can attach photos to people's profiles so you know who you're looking at. I also like the chatrooms that have capability to enter and exist at leisure and not have someone "invite" or add you

What do you dislike?

At my company, we use Jabber in conjunction with Cisco Finesse for our phone system, so it's a side program and not as convenient as other chat/phone platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a nice chat feature sand there are usages and applications with Jabber that we don't use much. I guess it all depends on what you're needing it for. My company heavily uses Google - gmail, sheets, docs, drive, etc. so we tend to lean towards Google Hangouts for chat needs, but use this to correspond with the phone service we use as well and Jabber houses direct extensions and stuff. However, we tend to NOT hear the ding or notice the chats since we are more prone to use Google Hangouts.

It's nice to communicate in a chat room and have a history on and not have to be added/removed repeatedly for days off, etc. Just check it when you are in the office.

It does make it convenient if you are unable to call someone or talk to them directly, you have ability to chat them easily right from Jabber.