Cisco Jabber

Empower employees to work together efficiently from anywhere by bringing together presence, instant messaging (IM), audio, video and web conferencing, enterprise voice, and visual voicemail into one client on your desktop.

Work for Cisco Jabber?
Ringcentral office  web conferencing  2x

Learning about Jabber?

Cisco Jabber Reviews

Showing 1178 Jabber reviews
Jabber review by <span>Jamie D.</span>
Jamie D.

Excellent corporate chat tool that works well with other Cisco products.

What do you like best?

Jabber is a solid chat client for the corporate environment. The desktop app is very robust and integrates well with other Cisco products. We have it integrated with our Cisco video phones and WebEx. You can share your desktop, launch a WebEx meeting or take calls over VOIP. It is easy to search for coworker with the active directory integration and organize contacts in groups. It also allows you to view missed calls and listen to voicemail if you have it integrated with your phone system. It will also remind you of WebEx meetings and allow you to launch them from the pop-up reminder. Overall, with the integrations, I believe it is one of the more feature complete chat clients on the market.

What do you dislike?

The mobile app is the only real weak point for Jabber. They have improved it a little over time, but it still has issues. I have used it both on iOS and Android and it is a battery hog. Significantly more battery drain when it is running. Also, it does not save login information when using single sign-on. This means I have to re-authenticate every time I open it fresh. This makes me question whether or not to open it when on the go.

One other issue is slow file transfer. The feature is there and easy enough to select a file, but the transfer is very slow and fails at times. Could be better.

Jabber allows our users to communicate easily and efficiently throughout their work day. It gives quick access to WebEx and phone functions with other Cisco integrations. It also allows staff to work remotely and stay connected.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Cisco Jabber
Jabber review by <span>My N.</span>
My N.

Your teamates are one click away. Cisco Jabber brings everyone together.

What do you like best?

I like it most because it is so convenient. Everyone is just one click away. communication becomes easier than ever! Imagine that you need to look for someone, travel to meet them, and wait for them when you do not have time and the things you want to ask is not of high importance - that's so troublesome. Most people are too lazy for that. Cisco Jabber solved that!

What do you dislike?

The only thing I do not like about Cisco is that history of old IM will be gone after a period of time :( Cisco is amazing in connecting people but sometimes it helps tremendously if I can go back and read old messages. Please keep the history Cisco Jabber! Sometimes we miss important information in old chat/conversations. Or you can set up an option of keeping histor/deleting old messages, just like imessage or gmail? That would be wonderful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cisco Jabber will bring team members together! Use Cisco Jabber to boost the efficiency of your co-woker. It is such a worthy purchase for me.

And what about you?

When you co-worker is across the room from you or you guys are in different parts of the building, then in-person communication does not work, especially when you just want to say something short. Facebooking and chatting on phone's softwares are not professional at work at all. And distracting as well! Sending emails about a trivial matter? Time consuming and slow! So the need for a software that allows people to chat professionally and only for people who work together is urgent. That's when CJ comes in handy. My company uses Jabber not only for our location, but also in otherlocations too. So basically I can talk to someone I have never met in a quick and casual, interactive way. Communicating with my co-workers also becomes so convenient. It boosts our productivitybecause we save our time and can aske ach other any question without being afraid of bothering others.

What Web Conferencing solution do you use?

Jabber review by <span>Janelle A.</span>
Janelle A.

Everyone is Accessible

What do you like best?

I like that I can chat someone in a different department versus playing phone tag or waiting for them to respond to an email. It is convenient for someone like me who may be taking a phone call, typing notes and or email as well as chatting all at once. It is also convenient for reaching someone who is in office but may be in a meeting or just away from their desk.

What do you dislike?

This is a new feature our company has rolled out so at this time, there isn't anything that I do not like about Jabber.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for larger companies who interact with each other on a regular basis.

Customer service issues: for example, a customer is expecting a refund, I can chat someone in accounting for an update. Or, a client is calling in for an update and I can chat the last agent who was assisting them for an update and provide feedback in a more timely manner.

Jabber review by <span>Michael L.</span>
Michael L.

AIM crossed with Slack crossed with Snapchat

What do you like best?

Simple and easy to use - Jabber is sort of a no-thrills version of AIM for business.

What do you dislike?

I've had all sorts of weird issues getting Jabber to work when I've moved from one location to another without shutting down my laptop completely. I'm not sure if it's an issue with our remote login or security systems, but it took me a while to figure out that if I move from one wifi to another, I need to manually shut down Jabber to get it to re-connect, which is sort of obnoxious. You also can't look back at old conversations (they are deleted each time you logout), which is extremely frustrating and counter-productive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Beware of the fact that conversations get deleted each time you logout (so it's not as useful for conversations that you could potentially reference in the future).

Jabber gets the job done, but it definitely leaves something to be desired. We use it for intra-office communications, primarily on days when people were working from home.

Jabber review by <span>Matthew H.</span>
Matthew H.

Good Basic Instant Messaging Client

What do you like best?

I love the simple layout. Jabber is more responsive than Skype for Business. Jabber offers comparable features to Skype for Business, such as voice calls, video messaging, screen sharing with remote control. Has the ability to change fonts/colors/styles. Conversation history can be saved. Ability to add avatar. Ability for Windows, Mobile, and MAC applications. It does handle Voice Mail if you have supported features, and does integrate with outlook for upcoming meetings, and will change your availability status if you're in a meeting. Ability to call into Cisco Webex meetings

What do you dislike?

The inability to search prior conversation history. You can only scroll through the past conversations, unlike Skype for Business that if enabled, sends conversations to a folder in your inbox that you can use to search through with Outlook.

Also having multiple Webcams (integrated vs external) and mic types confuses Jabber at times and even though defaults are set many times the application forgets them. Screen share quality at times seems less quality than running Skype For Business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skype for Business is hard to beat at $5/month if your company utilizes Office 365 Subscriptions.

Ability to quickly communicate with colleagues. Users can have video conversations with any employee around the world as long as they have a somewhat stable internet connection. Ability to get simple questions and requests answered and taken care of without composing an email. Screen sharing allows IT to see error messages, or allows end users to share presentations with others, again without having to attach the powerpoint, send it via email, and then clutter up your mailbox.

Jabber review by <span>Jessica C.</span>
Jessica C.

If you don't have an internal instant messaging system, you're doing "communication" wrong

What do you like best?

I live the reality of a "conference call" centric-job. Back to back calls with little time for lunch nonetheless sitting down with my team as often as I'd like. Jabber allows us to communicate quickly and effectively. I am a member of a global team, so having the functionality to communication with my team members on both my computer and mobile phone is invaluable to me.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any dislikes about Jabber.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Perhaps my strongest recommendation to those considering Jabber is to ask themselves, "is there room for improvement within the amount of our team's communication?" If the answer is yes, then look no further.

Consistent communication is what keeps large teams together. The ball drops when details are missed, conversations aren't captured in writing, and the window of opportunity to communicate is closed by back-to-back meetings. Jabber is the quick and easy answer to keep the ball not only in the air, but flying into the net.

Learning about Cisco Jabber?

* We monitor all Cisco Jabber reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.