Cisco Meraki

Manage your entire network from a centralized dashboard.

Work for Cisco Meraki?

Learning about Cisco Meraki?

Compare Cisco Meraki to Similar Solutions

Cisco Meraki Reviews

Showing 28 Cisco Meraki reviews
Cisco Meraki review by Jonathan P.
Jonathan P.

"Meraki makes network administration simple, no rocket science required."

What do you like best?

First and foremost, Meraki is simple. There is no need to maintain a Cisco engineer on staff to manage a large and complicated network. Site to Site VPN, Hot Spares and a plethora of networking and other devices have made Meraki my go to network solution.

What do you dislike?

Meraki has made PCI compliance a little more difficult. Mainly because some of our equipment is old and not compatible with some of the newer encryptions and methods. With a regular Cisco network, the engineer can usually create a workaround to keep this older equipment properly protected. Without that deep level of control this can't be done.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Meraki's licensing costs can seem high. This is not necessarily the product you want if you have a full time Cisco Engineer that you are planning to keep on staff. Those costs, however, are easily offset in maintenance and consultation if you don't have such a position.

The company has saved a large amount of money by moving our network to Meraki. Without the requirement of a Cisco engineer we've been able to begin investment in other important technology areas. Meraki also makes new VPN connections, expansion of WiFi and more so very simple and quick.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Cisco Meraki
Cisco Meraki review by Carlos M.
Carlos M.

"Meraki experiencie"

What do you like best?

Cisco Meraki allows you to convert the WiFi connection into an income channel by offering your customers a permanent connection with the services they are loyal to.

Manage the entire network from a single control panel, Control users, applications and devices, There is no driver hardware or administration software to install or maintain. Secure security infrastructure (compatible with PCI and HIPAA), scalable from small sites to deployments of millions of users

What do you dislike?

For the use that I have had with this technology, I have not found any disadvantage, on the contrary it is very reliable and very easy to use, an easy dashboard to program and configure, maybe the only one is that everything is cloud, and occupies the internet to be configured, wait for it to load the configuration on the internet and replicate it to the desktop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

lo recomiendo 100% ya que la tecnologia cisco meraki es muy facil de usar, la tecnologia cuesta pero tiene un beneficio costo produccion y los usuarios ya no se quejaran de la lentitud o que el sistema se venga abajo.

the benefits are short term, very good technology, all your configurations are in the cloud, that's a bit slow depending on your internet output, one more detail is the cost of the licenses that have to be paid annually, but in use and feasibility with the user is perfect. the network has no or very little intermittency. It's almost perfect

What Unified Threat Management (UTM) solution do you use?

Cisco Meraki review by Jonathan T.
Jonathan T.

"I LOVE my Meraki products!"

What do you like best?

I love how simple they are to setup, simple to administer, and how comprehensive the capabilities are. We've had them for a couple years now, and I've never had a more solid setup and felt more comfortable making updates remotely and as required.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really, but if I'm forced to pick, they are more expensive than the ZyXell, SonicWall, Ubiquiti, etc networks we've used in the past.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just make the switch to Meraki. I guess I'm crossing into fanboy territory, but the system of products is rock solid and easy to administer while being secure.

We just want our internet to work and authenticated devices only on our network. We also wanted to connect remote offices and remote workers to a secure vpn. It seems subtle, but I also love having RADIUS tied into our JumpCloud solution for easy user administration and roll-out to new users.

Cisco Meraki review by Jesse B.
Jesse B.

"Meraki is Cisco’s best side investment!!"

What do you like best?

Meraki dashboard is an industry leader!! They are very willing to support home local networks through trial gear which will get you talking to your friends and co-workers. They stand behind their products and rely on grassroots marketing and it works. Meraki is simple to use and really take to heart the plug and play mindset to there products without limiting you on capabilities.

What do you dislike?

Meraki does have some top end limitations when you look at the enterprise level. They mainly target small business or specific use case deployments. Their gear is top of the line and reliable, but I would not deploy the entire campus around them as our backbone. There are some limitations in analytics and throughput but you really need to understand your deployment's scale to understand is Meraki is right for you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try this product first, even at home!!! Meraki can likely support your needs 8/10 times at a cost much less. The quality is that you would expect from a Cisco Product.

We used Meraki to solve our Wireless and Physical Camera Security problems. We wanted to have a central dashboard for all our gear. So now we are able to run not only the switches, firewall but have added wireless and camera's to the mix. Not only can we manage this from a central dashboard, but you can do it from your phone too! We realized from this the ease of use is really the key to having a smooth network flow.

Cisco Meraki review by Brian D.
Brian D.

"Great hardware that is easy to deploy and manage"

What do you like best?

Networking has gotten a lot easier with Meraki, I've forgotten a lot of my CCNA skills because Meraki makes it so easy. Manage or troubleshoot your network from anywhere. User interface is friendly and makes it easy to get things done. Migration of devices is seamless. VPN setup takes seconds.

What do you dislike?

MX appliances are missing some features, they provide DHCP but then don't provide DNS. DNS is fairly standard on perimeter devices and can't think of any competitor that doesn't have it. Support is sub-par and often does not provide you with solutions. The client VPN should have a software client. Have to rely on native OS vpn which for Windows has been buggy and causes problems.

With many work from home employees and remote office Meraki makes it super simple to keep everyone connected.

Cisco Meraki review by Administrator

"Meraki is easy to use, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to implement and maintain the Cisco Meraki equipment. We have several AP's of different types deployed around the company. The easy to use web portal helps us keep track of them all and see how much down time they have.

What do you dislike?

They are expensive, I'd like to see them get a little cheaper. Even still we are going to spend more money on them in the future.

We are using them currently for wireless AP's throughout the offices and warehouses. They work great and help us to maintain a constant wireless signal that's the same throughout the entire company so everyone's equipment will automatically pick up the connection and connect no matter what location they are at.

Cisco Meraki review by Michael R.
Michael R.

"Meraki success"

What do you like best?

The ease of setting up our clients sites, the interface and easy to use GUI available to admins. The ease of setting up VPNs, VLANS, wireless networks make my job alot easier!

What do you dislike?

Not really sure there is anything to dislike up to this point, not sure what to put here but N/A.

Setting up our clients new site locations, adding them to our database online, being able to access each site online and administer from the portal is saving us alot of time.

Cisco Meraki review by User

"Excellent Software, easy to use"

What do you like best?

Thanks to Meraki I have to make less effort to remember things related to networks especially CCNA, with Meraki everything is easier. Allow and offer solutions for networks from wherever you are. It has an interface that is too pleasant, didactic and easy to use, thus facilitating the tasks to be carried out. What I love is that through meraki, setting up a VPN is supremely simple and easy

What do you dislike?

One of the things I do not like is that although they offer DHCP they do not offer DNS. In addition, DNS is quite standard in perimeter devices and can not think of any competitor who does not have it. Also some of the devices to be used lack some features. Try several times through the help of Support to solve some problems, but it is very poor and does not provide good help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

improve characteristics of some devices

Many business problems I have managed to solve thanks to Meraki, these jobs have been related to remote offices. Easy to use so I prefer it.

Cisco Meraki review by Administrator

"Cisco Meraki is a good access point for a business of any size"

What do you like best?

For companies needing a simple solution for wireless access, Cisco Meraki is a good solution. It can accommodate companies of any size but you will need to purchase the correct Meraki product for your particular size. Also you can manage the Meraki devices via Cisco's website. You can find who is connected and how much traffic passes through the Meraki device(s). Another great thing about the Meraki is that you can tell who is on your wireless, what they are doing, and who is hogging up your entire bandwidth.

What do you dislike?

I like the ability to manage my Meraki via Cisco site but I want to make it completely private. I want to make it entirely managed by me and not seen by Cisco. Also Cisco used to do a heatmap but now they don't.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is pretty easy to use and administer.

This is to allow wireless access for my employees and guests. And the best part is that the performance is not too bad when lots of employees are on it unlike other solutions.

Cisco Meraki review by Dean D.
Dean D.

"Cisco Meraki AP Review"

What do you like best?

I really like Cisco Meraki access points because they are so reliable, high performance with better coverage for bigger office area. And they are also easy to setup and Cisco Meraki offers free trail for one month before you buy.

What do you dislike?

You can use POE switches from other brand to support Cisco Meraki APs, however it will be great to use Cisco Meraki POE switches. It's a bit more expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely recommend Cisco Meraki AP to others. They are easy to use, easy to setup and manage. So reliable and efficient.

It solves wireless connectivity problem for our entire office area. It gives people flexibility in work environment and increase productivity.

Cisco Meraki review by Oscar Horacio.O Q.
Oscar Horacio.O Q.

"cisco meraki switch"

What do you like best?

I love that the product is very modular, practical and very easy to install

What do you dislike?

that always have to be connected to the internet to make any device change

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider that changes to the team can be made directly to the device if you do not have access to the internet, that the team has an individual portal.

problem of wireless solving a whole building with network for all the equipment of the plant

Cisco Meraki review by Zach P.
Zach P.

"Consistent and Stable "

What do you like best?

The Meraki Go units themselves are small and unobtrusive, about the size of a tablet. They can attach directly onto the wall or ceiling. Look sleek and clean. Very easy set-up and implementation.

Easy to use and understand.

What do you dislike?

Nothing! Product had strong ease of use and as long as it functions- we'll keep using it to support our infrastructure needs.

Network is strong and strong support features. Price is good for SMB.

Cisco Meraki review by Paul T.
Paul T.

"Single Pane of Glass is awesome!"

What do you like best?

I love the single pane of glass and how easy it is to use. It provides the data I need in an easy to understand format and easy to find. Also, when adding new devices, it is very intuitive.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike. Cisco has done a good job of leaving Meraki alone and letting them do their thing and not interfering.

Wifi management and now branching out for device management

Cisco Meraki review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Great Platform and Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

I look the easy setup. The access points are very simple to manage. The web interface is very user-friendly and functional.

What do you dislike?

I wasn't comfortable with the idea of having my access points stop working in the event of a billing error and the renewal date passed. There were some advanced features missing that would have made the product better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you looking for advanced features offered by other Cisco Access Points, then move along. Meraki is very simple to use.

I have six access points throughout the building. Coverage is great. And ease of management is great.

"Meraki MDM for iOS"

What do you like best?

Ease of management. We are able to enroll and deploy new iOS devices in minutes with Meraki's software.

What do you dislike?

Support is typically slow to respond, and most of the time I find that I have to submit a feature request.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get setup with Apple to purchase VPP licensing before starting. That's the worst part of MDM for iOS.

Limited staff. My goal is to do more with less, thus saving our institution and taxpayers money. I have found this product allows me to do just that.

Cisco Meraki review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Single Cloud Platform Pane Makes Life Easy"

What do you like best?

Support is fantastic whenever I call even with dumb questions . I like how all my networks are from a single pane of glass

What do you dislike?

The biggest thing is cost it’s hard to justify in an education institution the cost of the annual support if it wasn’t for cost I’d be 100% Meraki

Meraki has made it much simpler for me to manage 7 remote locations by putting a single. MX in place at each site the support has been fantastic

Cisco Meraki review by Justin O.
Justin O.

"Easy To Manage"

What do you like best?

Web interface lets you easily manage all of you devices in one place.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, but I need to get to 40 characters minimum.

Get coverage and we can manage all of the devices in one spot.

Cisco Meraki review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Great product - seems to work well"

What do you like best?

We have used this for a few years. We had two other products where we had issue after issue. No issues after 3 years with Cisco. Like the cloud based threat systems and support was great the few times we needed it.

What do you dislike?

Compared to our other few units, this is a great product. No issues. A few false positives - but this is over 3 years so no big deal.

Firewall - security.

"Great Product "

What do you like best?

The user interface is refreshing, there is just so much information at your finger tips and with minimal knowledge you are able to navigate and configure the network.

What do you dislike?

The updates can be crippling especially for remote locations at times

Recommendations to others considering the product

Switching changed our support and make it easier

Remote control of wireless networks at our international and domestic locations. The ability to view the infrastructure in the cloud makes remote management a reality.

Cisco Meraki review by Administrator in Civil Engineering
Administrator in Civil Engineering

"Meraki is a good mesher "

What do you like best?

Meraki allows me to connect layer 2 WAN to a single unified VPN structure which allows a company with multiple geographic locations to keep the same domain and OUs.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike as far I am concerned.

Connecting multiple physical offices together to form one single solution to connectivity over layer 2 wan

Cisco Meraki review by Administrator

"Best Little Secrect that Cisco has"

What do you like best?

We love how easy the user experience is, we can go in and do high-level coding put point and click!

What do you dislike?

We wish the group policies can be more detailed and can be broken down more.

This is solving the web traffic security and web policies for our facility.

Cisco Meraki review by Jiho J.
Jiho J.

"High end product for more than general network purposes"

What do you like best?

Cloud based management that provides fully monitoring and managing devices

What do you dislike?

Lack of high level of security features (e.g., VPN security)

Started with corporate wireless network and it's great to manage and monitor.

Cisco Meraki review by Administrator

"Hardware reliability, software security"

What do you like best?

It's extremely easy to manage my network of ever changing devices. The meraki access point even offers rogue access point elimination which is a godsend in the secure environment I maintain.

What do you dislike?

The upfront cost to buildout a full meraki deployment is prohibitive.

Rogue access points, device access management, general secure networking.

"My product review"

What do you like best?

I like the whole concept of being able to manage multiple mobile devices on different operating systems.

What do you dislike?

This product has been amazing and thus far I don’t have any dislikes.

The ability to be able to keep track of numerous company devices.

Cisco Meraki review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"One stop for managing networks"

What do you like best?

Streamlines the problem of managing multiple networks in a company with many offices and buildings

What do you dislike?

Like a lot of technology that is offering solutions, it's quite expensive

Less lag in internet connectivity, a single dashboard to manage all the networks

Cisco Meraki review by Administrator in Industrial Automation
Administrator in Industrial Automation

"Cost Effective Solution for Small Offices"

What do you like best?

Ease of setting up the network configuration on a switch and also the cost.

What do you dislike?

That the management of the device is cloud-based.

Replacing our networking equipment at remote sites with a cost-effective solution.

"Meraki AP platform "

What do you like best?

ease of deployment, admin console is well organized

What do you dislike?

support has been hit or miss, that has changed over the years

Global, centrally managed wifi implementation, no premise controllers

"One of the best!"

What do you like best?

It’s fast accessible and affordable. You can use it with extenders also

What do you dislike?

I think the style can use a upgrade since it’s a little bulky

Speed

Learning about Cisco Meraki?

* We monitor all Cisco Meraki reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Cisco Meraki to Similar Solutions