Cisco Network Assistant

4.0

Cisco Network Assistant simplifies wired and wireless network management for networks up to 80 devices with its intuitive GUI and a task-based menu. Cisco Network Assistant is free and is optimized to apply common services across Cisco switches, routers, wireless controllers, and access points.

Work for Cisco Network Assistant?

Learning about Cisco Network Assistant?

Cisco Network Assistant Reviews

Showing 26 Cisco Network Assistant reviews
Cisco Network Assistant review by Triloky M.
Triloky M.

"Easy management of multiple devices"

What do you like best?

It is one of the easiest to monitor the network devices. The user interface is very intuitive and friendly. You can go through various topologies developed with its help. It has a good management from dashboard. It is very easy to setup and start with.

What do you dislike?

There are OS version limitations in cisco network assistant. Also, it works with a limited number of manufacturers. It does not feel mature enough.

It was a nice program to have with, but it is available only with the SmartNET contract. It did not scanned all cisco devices. But as it is free there is nothing much to complain about because of easy monitoring it provided us. We had not to remember the complex commands as they were on a click away from us.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Cisco Network Assistant
Cisco Network Assistant review by Administrator

"Recommend Cisco Network Assistant"

What do you like best?

I like the friendly user face, the ease of locating the information needed, and the capabilities of wired and wireless technology devices. I like that it is free and works across other cisco products. We already where utilizing cisco products so adding this was great especially at no cost or no reoccurring costs. So far it has worked with both our windows machines, which is the majority, and our Macs. We hope to continue to see this as we move forward and grow by adding more Macs to our network.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that its limited to only 80 devices. If the organization grows larger than that we will have to find a new solution. The tech support help gets the job done but they can be difficult to follow as is with any tech company but they were manageable. I just wish they had been faster and more efficient when dealing with them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it completely unless you are over 80 devices or plan to be over 80 in the near future. It is great for using windows and Macs. We have not had any issues. Its very user friendly with the user interface and platforms. Its great for organizations that need to monitor this activity and that already use other Cisco products. It keeps your costs low while doing a great job.

Organized topology map, organized access to the de ice manger to monitor all, monitor all devices from one unit, can easily pull the reports and look at the health of the network. It replaced a program that was costing us in equipment rental every other and a monthly fee. It provides a lot more options, more user faces, and connections. Its been very user friendly and has solved more of our concerns than we need at no added cost since the installation of other cisco products ie. switches, routers, wireless controllers, and other access points. It works very well on our windows machines and we hope this continues as we migrate our few Macs and as we grow into the Mac world that we will still have the same results and efficient.

What Network Monitoring solution do you use?

"A Must Have! "

What do you like best?

This is seriously a must have for every toolbox for those who have any Cisco products in their network. It makes some of the most difficult CLI tools at your disposal through its user friendly GUI. Through just a click of the mouse, it has the ability to comprehend advanced commands which makes managing a Cisco network far less daunting. Without this tool, I would seriously be lost!

What do you dislike?

There is absolutely nothing that I dislike about this product. It is very user friendly and if you do not understand how to operate it, it's assistance feature clears that up right away.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take full advantage of this product. It seriously gets no better than this!

This product allows me to manage both wired and wireless networks without difficulty. I would say its most interesting feature includes the graphical interface that enables to verify further so as to give detail information for developing different typologies. The benefits are all also included in what I like best about the product.

Cisco Network Assistant review by Sol C.
Sol C.

"Cisco Network Assistant"

What do you like best?

is an easy to use system when it comes to support and maintenance, it puts a device panel of the equipment, a section for command line interface, alarms, configurations, is an excellent manager

What do you dislike?

is an assistant that if you have a team that is not Cisco in the topology does not allow it to be administered in the, it is the only disadvantage

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it

allows you to maintain a centralized management of the equipment, and improve response times in a certain failure scenario

Cisco Network Assistant review by Ashley M.
Ashley M.

"Cisco network assistant rocks "

What do you like best?

Cisco Network Assistant simplifies wireless network management for multiple networks sometimes up to many devices with its seamless task-based menu. Cisco Network Assistant is free and is optimized to ultilize many services across Cisco switches, routers, wireless controllers, and access points.

What do you dislike?

There isn’t much to dislike about Cisco network assistant due to it being such a handy and useful wireless network to have access to,

Helps to solve simple connectivity issues that may arise every now and then.

"Cisco Network Assistant"

What do you like best?

I like the abiity to add multiple switches and be able to see the ports on each switch. I like the ability to push IOS updates to them, and be able to configure the ports in mass.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that when you run the program it has to have read write permissions to the local folder where your profile resides. I do not like that not all switches are supported in a timely manner.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great product if you need to do configurations on multiple ports at the same time. Or if you want a GUI administration tool for a switch

Mass port configurations

Cisco Network Assistant review by Arram K.
Arram K.

"Great software and it has a good way to help manage the works networks "

What do you like best?

*You can communicate with different devices in a safe manner.

*very simple to administer

*The minimum requirements were minimum, which I like

What do you dislike?

*Depending on the operating system you are you, you could see delays or issues with the software.

*i believe it is only compatible which Cisco devices.

I think the best benefit it offers is that it helps with simplifying most, of not all, network activities.

Cisco Network Assistant review by Jeremiah K.
Jeremiah K.

"All in one tool"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that you can manage multiple networks in one simple area. Makes switching between applications/windows a thing of the past.

What do you dislike?

Nothing I can think of. We had nothing but good things to say about how the system operated.

We had 40 different networks that we needed to manage and this allowed us to do that more efficiently.

Cisco Network Assistant review by Ahmadou N.
Ahmadou N.

"Cisco network"

What do you like best?

The efficiency in the effort to support the client with the many networking attributes

What do you dislike?

Setup can be a pain but with a proper documentation, we always find a way to make it work

Recommendations to others considering the product

For a better network maintenance and administration, Cisco Network is the way to go

Centralizing the network mesh for a proper administration and maintenance

Cisco Network Assistant review by Chanté A. P.
Chanté A. P.

"Assist indeed!"

What do you like best?

I like how Cisco network assistant is user friendly and not complicated. I have 10 devices connected simultaneously and the connection works fine.

What do you dislike?

Sometime when user too many devices, the systems may delay here and there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good product

Being able to connect multiple devices together and maintain connections

Cisco Network Assistant review by User in Mental Health Care
User in Mental Health Care

"Cisco "

What do you like best?

It allowed all of my employees to see their information and I could easily review time worked, sign all timesheets and review time off requests in one places.

What do you dislike?

When the company first transitioned to this software it was a bit tideous to learn. I think that was more of the companies issues though.

The precious software would not remain up to date and would not send us emails. Any time anyone submitted anything I was notified and able to review it.

Cisco Network Assistant review by User in Music
User in Music

"Cisco "

What do you like best?

I like how they integrate their phone systems with the networking computer software. How they speak together across the board so there is less interference and dropping of lines.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the startup time it takes for the system to load and sometimes multiple times to reload if it doesn't load right the first time.

Problems solving skills are being able to use multiple systems simultaneously and being able to handoff to another department seamlessly is a plus

Cisco Network Assistant review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Software is great for use"

What do you like best?

Administration is simple and easy to incorporate new devices and communication is done safely, there are minimal requirements, graphical interface allows verifying how different topologies are developed.

What do you dislike?

a few flaws includes that it is mostly present in SmartNet contract, it is unable to scan all Cisco devices, problems can occur with a multiple versions of operating systems but issue is manageable.

Great network benefits without the complexity of device management of the network in use

"Awesome product! "

What do you like best?

I like that i use it everyday and I am able to identify with the problem hassle free. It is very reliable and convenient. When I do frequent problems I have no Trouble reaching out to customer service.

What do you dislike?

It’s sometimes hard to install or restart the program. Although when I call I always get helped by customer service IT, they take too long to help me solve my problem

Internet service, data programming

Cisco Network Assistant review by User in Higher Education

"User friendly network monitoring "

What do you like best?

I’m not really an expert on network management but this system makes it easier to monitor devices and the system as a whole.

What do you dislike?

So far no issues. It is user friendly and relatively easy to navigate.

For a small business where there is not a full time on staff network administrator it helps to have access to a service like this to monitor the devices, health of he network and spot problems quickly.

Cisco Network Assistant review by Lisa V.
Lisa V.

"User Friendly and Valuable"

What do you like best?

I loved the reliability and ease of use.

What do you dislike?

I never came across any negatives while using the program.

This worked great for us when trying to keep track of practices and time tables.

"Cisco experience"

What do you like best?

We use Cisco at work for our sattelite phones and communication systems. Working in a hospital, confidentiality is of utmost importance and Cisco provides us with piece of mind and constant signal inside the facility.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the sometimes terrible reception as well as the inability to utilize outside.

We are able to communicate confidentially and this is a huge help in an industry where HIPAA is in play.

Cisco Network Assistant review by Agency in Higher Education
Agency in Higher Education

"Cisco Network Assistant"

What do you like best?

I don’t personally use this product but my team does and I occasionally sit in on the meetings and it is evident that when we made the switch to Cisco we evaded many of the issues we used to have.

What do you dislike?

Only downside is it limits you to 80 devices which I’m sure can be worked around.

A lot of Benifits

Cisco Network Assistant review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Lots of functionality with this assistant"

What do you like best?

Loved the program for the inventory reports. Very easy to use and easy to navigate and get the reports. Also loved it for the event notification functionality

What do you dislike?

Nothing, it was free with the other programs I had so how can I complain about a free program it was just what I needed.

needed reporting capabilities

"Cisco Network Assistant"

What do you like best?

The cisco network assistant allows me to dynamically create accurate network maps that normally take hours to build.

What do you dislike?

The software feels a bit clunky and is slow moving at times.

We have been able to track down several issues with routing loops and slow network paths after looking at this product.

Cisco Network Assistant review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Simplifies multiple networks"

What do you like best?

I love that I am able to monitor all of my devices on one website. I can set up my router, wireless controllers, etc and view them all through Cisco

What do you dislike?

Nothing comes to mind at this time. All is running well

Communication with different devices is done safely and efficiently

Cisco Network Assistant review by User in Medical Practice
User in Medical Practice

"Review for Cisco"

What do you like best?

I like user friendly interface and ease of access to different functions associated with the program

What do you dislike?

I dislike the slow load up time when first initializing the software program on start up

Helping to organize system inquiries and make it easier to access the data when it’s needed

Cisco Network Assistant review by User in Market Research
User in Market Research

"Simple and Effective "

What do you like best?

It is super easy for an admin to use. It makes connecting new devices simple. Love the graphical interface.

What do you dislike?

It only works with Cisco and doesn't work with other manufacturers.

Very useful for my organization's network needs

"Cisco"

What do you like best?

I love that this is a free service that streamlines our network.

What do you dislike?

I cannot really think of anything I dislike.

We have several remote employees and we are able to manage all dialing into the same network.

Cisco Network Assistant review by User in Human Resources
User in Human Resources

"It is good"

What do you like best?

Software is easy to use and connects quickly

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. It is an easy product that works well

Helps me work from home securely via WiFi secure connection

Cisco Network Assistant review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Reliable"

What do you like best?

Always very reliable when using a VPN. Never had any problems

What do you dislike?

Do not have any compliants. The service works as expected.

Allows employees to work from anywhere.

Learning about Cisco Network Assistant?

* We monitor all Cisco Network Assistant reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.