Cision Distribution by PR Newswire

3.8

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire helps communication teams gain earned media and prove business impact by delivering press releases via the industry's largest, most trusted press release distribution network.

Work for Cision Distribution by PR Newswire?

Learning about Cision Distribution by PR Newswire?

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire Reviews

Showing 644 Cision Distribution by PR Newswire reviews
Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by User in Information Services
User in Information Services
View Original

"Major fan of PR Newswire "

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Cision Distribution by PR Newswire
Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by Administrator in Sports
Administrator in Sports
View Original

"Great system, terrible UI"

What Press Release Distribution solution do you use?

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by Sophie D.
Sophie D.

"Helpful software"

What do you like best?

Cision has great information once you learn how to use it. I had to use it for a strategic communication assignment once in college and every bit of information I needed from PR professionals was found on Cision.

What do you dislike?

While it is easy to use once you get the hang of things, Cision can be a little bit tricky at first. Navigating Cision is not the hard part, but signing up for the service in general was not the easiest. Me along with many others had issues with the initial signup.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For those who don't know what Cision is, I strongly recommend setting up an account because it has the potential to greatly benefit you and your company.

Cision has allowed me and my teammates to distribute press releases and email pitches to bloggers and journalists that I would have never known existed if it weren't for Cision. From this, my team and I have gained a lot more attention in the media and it has honestly helped us a lot.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by Neta Y.
Neta Y.

"Easy Tool but Lacking PR Relevance"

What do you like best?

The user experience is great. The seamless flow makes it quick to upload and distribute a press release. I also like how they call after you setup your press release to confirm that everything is okay.

What do you dislike?

Since this tool is mainly used to distribute press releases to media channels, I find that it goes to many super-micro channels that have zero exposure, so I'm paying over $1200/press release to get almost no impressions/relevant engagement on my press release. If the platform was more targeted to specific media publications/bloggers/influencers who are willing to open up their email to read the press release, then it would be a different story.

We have numerous corporate announcements on an annual basis and we hope to get relevant coverage to show how well our company is doing. PR Newswire allows us to distribute that messaging to a large audience, and the main benefit is that it's quick and not time-consuming.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by Troy B.
Troy B.

"Send it to everyone!"

What do you like best?

As a blogger i love being able to sign up and get news releases from every company and industry I follow. Its great to have a one stop shop. On the other side I like how I can use it to share my news release.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that I have to pay to post. That is really frustrating, for small companies that do not have a budget, it is usually not justifiable. There should be a limited free trial. I also do not think the categories are every intuitive. I have an alert for entertainment and i regularly get news on government and other industries that do not have entertainment ties.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have a budget.

It solved a distribution problem, as well as created a budgeting problem. My organization does not have a budget for this, so we have to find alternate distribution methods.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by Jenna L.
Jenna L.

"Cision is vital! "

What do you like best?

I love the ease and user friendliness of Cision. I've used other similar products in the past and we've stuck with Cision for a few years now. I greatly appreciate the tagging system and ability to pull reports quickly. I really like the auto tagging feature where I can keep track of my campaigns or crises easily and have reports immediately for my supervisor/client.

What do you dislike?

It's an investment, which isn't a problem for larger companies, but can be prohibitive for smaller companies. In addition, sometimes it's difficult to get nitty gritty data. I wish some features were included in a general cost, rather than being a la carte.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look into multiple platforms and see how their reporting/analytics compares for what you are specifically looking for in terms of reports.

The issue of monitoring coverage is solved with Cision. The ease of keeping coverage in one place where it's easy to pull monthly or annual reports including charts and graphs makes my life easier as a PR professional. I greatly appreciate the support chat function on Cision as well. If I'm ever having issues with the system or have trouble with the way something was categorized, the chat function ensures I'll be able to quickly have the issue resolved and be able to find out why something happened the way it did.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by Gina D.
Gina D.

"Pr essential"

What do you like best?

I signed up to Cision quite accidentally but soon it turned into an essential tool for my job. it's an asset. I was able to do fam trips and write one of a kind reportages. I have been invited to events I would never imagine. It's like to be in comfort zone, with Cision you know that you don't have to go crazy to find contacts, someone will do it for you. So when I see in my inbox something unusual I know there is Cision behind. I recommend to all my colleagues to contact someone at Cision and ask to be added to their press list. They are also kind and they contact you if they see something is not right in your profile. Can you ask for more? don't forget that it is meant to save time and provide information that would otherwise only be available to those that have developed personal relationships with those journalists. Cision is the best out there. It's an investment that all Pr should do. As someone who is in the younger or even older, crowd, this is useful to me because when I started, I was unsure about how to reach who I needed to. Helped me immensely! Again don't think twice and go for Cision.

What do you dislike?

nothing to complain, never had any issues

Recommendations to others considering the product

it's a must have for journalists

essential tool for public relations

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by Madison J.
Madison J.

"Cision - Searching for Contacts Made Easy "

What do you like best?

Cision is great when pulling large contact lists of reporters, editors etc. It makes it easy to contact specific people and search for publications. It has narrowing search features which help get the right person. I also like how you can export the contact list as an excel sheet which makes the process a lot easier since that is usually the next step in making a media list.

What do you dislike?

The biggest problem I have with Cision is that it only allows one user at a time to use the program. At an office focused on media and communication, it is imperative to use Cision on most projects, so when only one person is able to log in, it causes problems and slows down the process. Most of the time, colleagues kick each other out in the person mid-search. This loses important searches and makes it very difficult to work efficiently when researching.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Cision when you need to send out large press releases. It's also great when you need to narrow searches by publication topic, contact topic etc.

It is beneficial when you want to contact someone directly instead of going through their website or general email to contact them. It's more direct and usually gets more responses. Some contacts even put how or what they prefer to be contacted about which helps keep a good relationship.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by Marty B.
Marty B.

"Cision: For Media Monitoring and Outreach"

What do you like best?

Having the articles and coverage in the same place as the database is essential. This efficiency results in better media interaction.

What do you dislike?

Setting up filters and dialing in key words to achieve better coverage can be time consuming. Also, some coverage is better of the printed publications. There are some limitations with content behind paywall too - even for publications that are "included" in your account's coverage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you are comfortable with the range of coverage and that the print version is the primary coverage zone. There can be additional charges to include some of the major dailies on top of the package fees.

We have been solving the need to reach more media and increase the earned coverage. This has resulted in better overall coverage of our stories and pitches.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by Dianna A.
Dianna A.

"Easy Platform, Great for Distribution, Fun Community"

What do you like best?

Press release distribution down the wire is very simple and straightforward, Can quickly and easily build reports in Excel format or by dashboard with great charts for your presentations. Cision City is the community platform where you can participate in discussions, ask questions and complete fun challenges for prizes. Very responsive and quick Customer Care.

What do you dislike?

They are still working out some small issues on the new platform in terms of reporting, such as building very specific reports - you can still get them done, just takes a few extra steps.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent platform for press release distribution and reporting. Haven't touched the social aspect, but definitely looking into it.

Easily getting information and press releases out to the masses, building reports for higher-ups in the company to show progress of news coverage and distribution, easily communicating with staff to solve problems.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Cision distribution is great!"

What do you like best?

I like that you have the ability to create specific lists for each client and topic. I also like that you're able to see who has opened your release or clicked on any links. It helps give us an idea of who its reaching and who is engaged with the story.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the section where you build out your press release. I think its rather difficult to include multiple images and there are certain things I don't use like analytics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before starting the distribution platform, it would be useful to get a virtual tour or step by step guide on how to navigate and use the platform. This would have been a lot easier for me had I been guided through the program.

We are distributing releases for not only our clients but our company as well. We're able to reach mass audiences in national and local outlets.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by Anisha J.
Anisha J.

"I have used it to prepare media lists"

What do you like best?

What I like the best is the massive range that the database covers. They have just about every publication you can think of. Also the detailed information about each publication's statistics and their reporters is amazing. They list - the beats reporters cover, how much does an ad cost, what is the circulation rate, etc. All these numbers can help you plan which publications you want to reach out. It also helped me to reach specific reporters who would be more interested in carrying out certain stories.

What do you dislike?

The search is not exactly user-friendly. You need to put in the exact name of whatever it is you are looking for. Even if there is a slight mistake, the search box will say - no matches found. This is one feature that I find inconvenient, I would have preferred if they would at least show some search options that if not exact are close to what you are looking for, something like Google search.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would suggest being patient. It takes time to get the hang of it. At first I found it pretty complicated but now I am fairly comfortable with it.

I can easily figure out which reporters and publications to reach out to by reading which topics they cover. It also provides me with all the contact information, which makes reaching out so much easier.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by Casey D.
Casey D.

"A fantastic time/effort saver that more than returns on its cost"

What do you like best?

The PR Newswire distribution network helps me target an astounding number of journalists and outlets, including ones I would never find no matter how much I like tracking down. Additionally, since the release authoring and distribution functions are seamlessly linked, I can skip a whole lot of the old-school administrative/technical work required to craft and effectively distribute a release.

What do you dislike?

These tools are deeper than they appear on the surface and Cisions' own tutorials only give you a basic knowledge of of the system. I found digging through YouTube and consulting colleagues helped me find demonstrations on how to more powerfully use PR Newswire. That and a lot of experimenting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The product is very easy to use after a little training. Figure about a day's worth of time to really figure out how to use it. Watch Cision's internal training videos, then search around YouTube for more advanced tutorials. Also consider a primer in effective research/use of keywords to better understand/bolster Cision's tools. It will help you target your outlets.

I am able to rapidly move a press release from concept to targeted distribution in basically three steps, which is magical. This lets me focus on 1) the substance of the release 2) aligning it with my marcom team's goals and 3) gaining internal/client approvals. Additionally, (geek alert!) I find simply browsing through the system's distribution lists gives me a much broader knowledge of what journalists/outlets exist.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by User

"Great for Press Release Distribution and Analytics, Needs More Social Integration"

What do you like best?

I love that I can easily distribute press releases down the wire and get analytics for any and all coverage. Gone are the days of manually building clip reports - Cision does that and builds you a customizable analytics dashboard for these hits.

What do you dislike?

There aren't many options in terms of social. You can get analytics, but what about finding relevant influencers and followers? This could definitely help marketing social media experts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool to use for press release distribution and can easily get your news out there for others to see. The templates they can create for your analytics are also very convenient and easily downloadable and have helped me build reports for my teams that can be used on presentations as well. Not sure how to use it for social media effectively, but hopefully, I will learn.

Easily distributing news and building reports for our teams quickly and effectively that are easy to digest.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by Jake D.
Jake D.

"Publicist, using it for PR distributions"

What do you like best?

I enjoy being able to filter through results easily. I can get very specific, very quickly. When working with multiple clients and press releases, this is very helpful.

What do you dislike?

When creating a distribution list in Vocus, I wish the numerical amount would adjust according to the amount of people currently selected. To be more specific, if "automobiles (45)" is truly listing 45 people, then that number makes sense. But if the number is actually 25, the number next to automobiles should be adjusted. It would save me time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are definitely minor details that can be worked out, but i'm confident that the Cison team will continue to improve the service. My interaction with customer service has resolved issues. The platform is easy to navigate after some initial practice time spent.

We're able to easily create a list of potential publicity opportunities and share helpful data with clients. This adds empirical evidence to an otherwise vague type of work. Clients enjoy seeing the graphs.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by Abby M.
Abby M.

"Easy to Use All-in-One PR Platform"

What do you like best?

The way the platform is organized makes it quick and easy to find what you're looking for or looking to do (ex. send out an email release or wire release). Also the live webinars are really helpful!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes you need to follow up a Cision rep on a question you submitted via email or phone call.

Cision helps us get the word out about our organization and allows us to easily track who is viewing our press releases and what kind of an impact it's having. Also we use the editorial calendar and Help a Reporter Out (HARO) to proactively reach out to the media and pitch story ideas and establish new relationships.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by Jessica P.
Jessica P.

"PRN 2017"

What do you like best?

PR Newswire has excellent customer service. They are also very reliable in terms of getting our releases out at the correct time.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that once you approve the proof of a release, it places it in a que where it could be accidentally distributed. We had an issue where an old release was sent out 5 times within an hour to our entire email list of beat reporters that we keep on file with PRN. I now don't approve proofs any sooner than necessary.

PRN helps us ensure we meet the Sec requirements in terms of who must receive our corporate press releases. They save us the time and effort of trying to maintain the distribution list ourselves.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by User in Internet

"Cision - reliable and organized."

What do you like best?

My favorite feature Cision has to offer is the extent to which press/media contacts are organized and updated. Contacts are sorted in a variety of different ways (product category, publication, industry, etc.) that make them easy to find and keep tabs on. In addition, every featured media entity is also organized by department, where you can then find up-to-date contact information of all members of that specific team within the organization.

What do you dislike?

For a beginner, the platform can be difficult to navigate. Cision has a handful of different features, and the interface can appear cluttered at times. I think the data can be organized and labeled in a more user-friendly way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your goals are to target strategic media and press contacts, make sure you approach Cision with a strategy and know exactly what it is that you're looking for. There's a lot of data and it can be easy to get lost if you're not strategic in your approach.

Cision is a one-stop shop for any and all relevant press and media contacts that would be useful when targeting specific public relations efforts.

"Cision"

What do you like best?

I LOVE having the webinars readily available. They walk you through step-by-step, and they also have live webinars where you can ask questions as you go along. It's also easy to get in touch with Cision employees in case you have any questions. Our account manager calls us about once a month to check up on us, which is really nice. He often does one-on-one webinars and walk-throughs if we need help.

What do you dislike?

Don't really have anything to complain about at this time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! We have had a lot of success with this platform and have gained many new members to our organization through it. It's gotten our name out there to more potential members of our organization, or at least helped us with distributing information to those who need it.

Trying to pitch stories to reporters to get out name out there. We've had a lot of media recognition with this platform. We will eventually also connect social media to Cision, so hopefully that will help our company.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by User

"Go-To Media Monitoring Service"

What do you like best?

I like how seriously Cision takes reports that contact information is out of date or incorrect. I've reported a few incidents and each time they were resolved within an hour or two. Compared to Meltwater, Cision has been able to pull articles Meltwater wouldn't have been able to - Cision is a more comprehensive platform. I'm a big fan of Cision City and am grateful to learning opportunities the Cision City Challenges represent. I also appreciate the webinars Cision offers when new product updates are rolled out Ex Matterhorn Release.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that you can only add a piece of coverage to one campaign. I also dislike that certain features like Publicity Value are not automatically turned on in your account and as a result, require users to contact customer service to get it changed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend exploring Cision before your current media monitoring service expires because that will highlight all the ways Cision is better and how Cision will make your life easier. If you switch to Cision, I recommend leaving a bit of overlap between your old media monitoring service and starting Cision so you can ensure you have the right search terms and contacts built in Cision lists.

I use Cision to devise media lists for pitching and monitoring coverage mentioning my workplace. Through Cision I track my campaign activity and create reports to share with team members. I've also been able to discover other tips for media pitching and communication efforts through the case studies and challenges in Cision City.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by Heather H.
Heather H.

"Excellent tool for finding exposure for your brand"

What do you like best?

I love having the ability to sort through contacts multiple ways and save them to different lists. It's helped me build a strategy for contacting reviewers as well as media for specific pitches. I've also gotten a lot of use out of HARO and the editorial calendars.

What do you dislike?

I wish it were easier to see a snapshot of social information. Anything to speed up the process of sifting through all of the contacts is always appreciated!

We use Cision to help us find product reviewers and media contacts to pitch. I also use it to keep an eye out for stories pertaining to our industry.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by Jan L.
Jan L.

"One of the better media tools but still just ok"

What do you like best?

I like being able to research journalists and send media pitches directly. It's nice to be able to view a journalist's profile and get their contact info. I had a story come up that had our company name wrong. I was able to find the journalist and send him a note with a correction right away.

What do you dislike?

Everything is separate. If I want analytics, I have to buy that. If I want social, I have to buy that. I also can't find journalists by keyword on a topic they may have written on in the past. Meltwater has that feature and I really like it (despite Meltwater's heavy pressure sales techniques, the service is really good).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Years ago, I used cision exclusively and hated it. You needed a degree in programming to get a list put together! Now, it's much, much easier to use so it's a step in the right direction. However, I'm still not over the moon about Cision. It's just OK. It gets me a list of journalists based on demographics and some criteria but it really doesn't allow me to really research journalists based on what they're writing about. We all know that beats change and they're not consistent. Searching a keyword or phrase and seeing who has written about that is such a better way to target. I guess I'm still in the Meltwater camp but have been given Cision as a tool the company uses. I have to say I'm just not impressed and it's just OK.

I had to do several regional pitches for our national product and it was easy to find journalists by region. I find in the B2B setting, it's tough to find the right journalists in niche audiences. It takes research and Cision is one of the better choices. I still prefer Meltwater EVEN with their pushy sales.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by Marya P.
Marya P.

"Cision is great for finding contacts, but don't forget to do your own research"

What do you like best?

I love using Cision to find outlets in specific markets. From there, I research on my own to find their contact info, as I often find Cision's contact information to be out of date. BUT, I absolutely love it to find specific types of outlets in various markets. Cision is especially helpful when trying to reach media not in your area.

What do you dislike?

Like I said above -- Cision's contact information can be out of date. When I was first starting, I was getting a lot of bounceback emails and quickly learned to use Cision to find the outlet, but use my own research to find the specific media member's contact information.

Working for a PR agency with global and national clients, it's sometimes hard to know media that are not in your regularly target market. Cision is great for building media lists for these clients. I also use Cision to gain insight into outlets in specific industries, which is very helpful when working with multiple-industry clients.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by Administrator in Computer Software

"A solid tool that gets the job done"

What do you like best?

Cision's tool is very simple. The software guides us through a press release step by step, making it easy to ensure we hit every piece of the process before releasing to the press. This simplicity means that anyone can use the software with minimal training. Their customer service has always been prompt and responsive when we need to make a change or a last-minute release.

What do you dislike?

While the tool is simple, a more dynamic press release building experience would make this tool more helpful. Instead, we have to toggle back and forth between inputting text and previewing the document. More robust analytics would also be helpful to better gauge the impact of the press releases.

We use Cision's tool to distribute press releases to news outlets.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by Kristin F.
Kristin F.

"Simple yet effective"

What do you like best?

I love being able to control where my PR gets picked up. I like having the tools provided by Cision to contact specific publications. The account manager is super friendly and she even offers to look over our PR to give ideas and recommendations. We have been working with Cision for 3 years and although our needs change our account rep is upfront about upgrading to larger packages and every time we expand our team she gets on the phone and does a walk-through with our team to refresh our current team and answer questions for new members

What do you dislike?

It's a little pricey but worth every penny if you use every feature. I wouldn't recommend this to a small company who just wants to do one or two PR blasts.

We have a specific Niche and its great to have the contacts to publications to talk and network our way into what they want to see.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by User in Commercial Real Estate
User in Commercial Real Estate

"Cision has helped us grow our media presence and build our database of media contacts"

What do you like best?

The ease of finding a new contact within the industry. I also like the new reports they generate showing how the well the campaign did . These have been helpful with knowing who is receiving our emails or who's contact information needs updated.

What do you dislike?

It takes a bit of time to become familiar with the platform and remember where every function is located.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cision is like an industry specific phone book at the tip of your fingers. You can find anyone with media influence in your industry and have direct access to their information, email and phone number. It makes it easy to find exactly who you need to target.

We weren't able to contact the right people before. Now we can easily find who we are looking for. Our media mentions have increased significantly and we are building relationships with journalists.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by Kami L.
Kami L.

"cision Insights"

What do you like best?

I like how cision lists all the contact information you need for reporters, news stations, etc.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how oftentimes the information is outdated. Sometimes it lists someone as a reporter who has since left the business like two years ago.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just be mindful that the information you pull from this software may not be the most updated so always double check a reporter's current status on LinkedIn.

It helps minimize the time needed to search for reporter information. It's convenient because for a TV station, it'll list the news station, number, address, reporter information and news director information. It'll have both an email and phone number that may be hard to find on the regular website.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by Katie P.
Katie P.

"Easy way to pull media contacts"

What do you like best?

The advanced search features. Cision makes it easy to target specific DMAs, types of outlets, their coverage, etc. I also like their influencer tab where I can pull a list of Twitter influencers on specific topics.

What do you dislike?

It's not very intuitive. For instance, if I misspell or put in the wrong formatting in search, it just says no results found rather than giving me suggstions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Work with your company or team to get proper training on the platform. Cision is very helpful in your role but isn't easy to navigate for first-time users.

Building media lists for outreach, researching reporters, looking up UVM, etc.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by Agency in Public Relations and Communications
Agency in Public Relations and Communications

"Cision - An Oldie But A Goodie"

What do you like best?

I like that Cision has an extensive, highly accurate database of contacts in all forms of media from magazines and newspapers to blogs and radio. I also like that if they are missing a contact - I can add the contact and that contact is automatically added to the database.

What do you dislike?

The user interface is a little outdated and looks a little old. The design and layout of the website could be updated to something sleeker and easier to use - it takes a bit to learn how to get around it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend it - even though it's a bit harder to learn, it has the best contact database and I hear that it is improving its social media monitoring and distribution elements.

Finding contacts to be able to pitch them is easy with Cision. I hardly ever need to research to find a media outlet or employee's contact information. From this, I am assured that my pitches and press releases are going to the correct contacts and receive fewer bounce back emails.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Seamless Process for Standard Distribution"

What do you like best?

PR Newswire provides a seamless process for regular PR distribution needed for our average one release per month. The translation offerings are a nice addition and much cheaper than the standard translation service.

What do you dislike?

Turnaround times vary by language, which have cause unknown delays for releases in multiple languages. The reporting capabilities are good, but would like to see more in the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a small team that needs PR support, PR Newswire is a great option. It can be used by advanced knowledge users and novice users.

PR Newswire enables us to reach global markets that we would otherwise not be able to tap into with the industry lists and multiple newsline options. As we enter new markets, it is a great feature to quickly announce the company's presence.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Helps make life easy!"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, great monitoring tool and the daily alerts are key for keeping us up-to-date with overnight news. New influencer streams are interesting. Cision is also the best we've found for distributing our releases to the media.

What do you dislike?

Our organization's name makes it hard to track easily but Cision (formerly Vocus) support has worked with us on narrowing our keyword searches.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It has a lot of capabilities, just make sure that you train yourself properly in it's use to be able to get the most out of it. I love their video how-to's and have recommended them to our interns who are looking to build their skills.

We're tracking our coverage and competitors coverage much more than we were in the past.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by User in Internet

"Gets the press releases on the wire"

What do you like best?

Without a doubt, Cision gets the job done. It's simple enough to use, and only took a few days for me to feel confident with distributions. The experience is all very guided, especially with the separate sections when it comes to actually uploading the release

What do you dislike?

Few things I dislike: 1) That links within the body of the release don't transfer over when you copy and paste - it's just more time consuming to have to redo the links and 2) the formatting doesn't transfer over. As far as I can tell, there's no way to add bullet points within Cision, so you have to use hyphens and redo the formatting when you copy and paste something over and 3) I wish you could upload an image directly to the particular release, rather than into your Cision library, and then onto the release.

None of these are absolutely glaring items - just little things that would speed up the process of press release distribution and make the overall experience better.

Cision allows us to get the press releases on the wire within hours, which is great if they don't get written or approved until the day they're supposed to go live.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Cision PR"

What do you like best?

I've only used Cision twice, both times to send out Press Releases for our company. I really liked that it automatically gives you analytics on who's picked up the article. It also gives you recommendations for who you should send it to, depending on your region or field of work that the article is related to. I also like how it already guides you to format the press release correctly and will score you depending on the amount of information you've included.

What do you dislike?

It's not the easiest to understand at first. There are a lot of ways to send out a PR and it doesn't exactly guide you to which way you should start with, depending on the type of release you're putting out. I also wish there was more ease in adding news outlets - right now you have to add each individually.

We are trying to get our company name out there - and one way of doing that is by sending out Press Releases. Having an account with Cision allows us to get our name out there easier than if we were attempting to do it on our own. Cision has a much broader reach and is very beneficial by helping select where your PR needs to be seen.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by Natalie B.
Natalie B.

"Huge timesaver for research, news release distribution"

What do you like best?

The integration with PRNewswire has streamlined our process for researching media targets and distributing a news release. It's nice to have it all in one place.

What do you dislike?

The media list isn't always totally updated. It's understandable since reporters and producers move around so much but it always seems like it takes a while before it's updated. I am only able to catch mistakes with markets I'm super familiar with but always wonder if I'm hitting the right inboxes in ones I don't know as well.

Efficiency - having everything in one place is a huge timesaver, which is a huge money maker in the agency business.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by Chris N.
Chris N.

"New To Cision"

What do you like best?

Cision is a very powerful tool that is helping us with our digital marketing reach and web monitoring for markets that we work with as well as our company mentions. Their webinars to help train us on best practices in using their platform have been most helpful and their instructors have always been available for any questions or concerns we have.

What do you dislike?

Wish there was more integration with LinkedIn since it is the most widely used social media platform for business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buy it if you want to strengthen your marketing stack.

Cision is helping us connect to more Influencers in the markets that we serve so that we can have a more focused audience when we send out our announcements and company news. This is increasing our brand awareness.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"The best tool in PR"

What do you like best?

I love that almost every outlet you'd need to search for is there. The stats and breakdown of titles and topics really helps me find who I'm looking for. I also like that you can easily search by markets and specific locations. The export tool is great because I can pull contacts quickly and export them to a spreadsheet to use which makes building media lists quick and efficient.

What do you dislike?

I wish cision automatically saved all the searches you created and that multiple people can be logged in on one account. I also dislike that at times the contacts listed can be outdated and incorrect. I've run into that more than a couple of times. I can usually locate the right contact after but I'd rather have it on the first try. I also don't like that when you copy/export contacts to google docs or excel the phone number often gets messed up since it recognizes it as a command and not a plus sign in a number.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely play around on it for a little while. The tutorial is helpful but it's much more useful to use learn on your own. You learn as you go so even if the tutorial seems like a lot it's really not as confusing and complicated as it seems.

It really helps us to be successful in our outreach especially small markets throughout the country and around the world as well.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by Alexandra C.
Alexandra C.

"Cision Review"

What do you like best?

the use of the Cision tool/ PR Web is easy and very effective for our business needs. copying and pasting within the press release editor quick, and the prompts on screen are helpful. I also like how I can go back and edit my release before its finally "sent." I also really like the review feature so we can track the activity of the release.

What do you dislike?

I do not like how I am unable to see more about the regions I am sending my releases to. I want to know more about each list. I am also disappointed that when we "upgraded" to a package, I did not notice much of a difference. Yes, it shows me that the release was picked up by more sights but we are not seeing any benefit to that as a business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The release packages aren't that great and therefore are not needed to get the job done. Overall a good way to distribute releases.

We need more awareness! As i mentioned above, we purchased a package in hopes of growing our reach of our press releases online. I also would really like access to the database of journalists but that is too expensive for us which is disappointing.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by User in Internet

"Helpful for finding the right reporters"

What do you like best?

My favorite part was being able to search for reporters using multiple different keywords or search criteria. It's super helpful being able to search by topics that reporters have self-identified as their interest. You can also see who has opened your distribution and who has opened links within that distribution, which then helps with targeting follow-up to reporters.

What do you dislike?

Creating media lists can be a bit time consuming and tedious. Not extremely intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't let the time consuming nature of creating media lists dissuade you from Cision. The search engine is incredible, and it's very easy to set up press releases. You can just copy and paste from Word! The aesthetic is pleasing and once the media lists are created, it's very easy to just log in and push your news out.

Cision helped me easily and quickly conduct outreach about my company, outreach that I could not have accomplished on my own (or if I did, it would've taken days to research reporters and create a media list).

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by Liz R.
Liz R.

"Great Tool to find media connections"

What do you like best?

I like that I can create lists based off what account I am working on and its needs. In addition, I love that I can distribute a press release through Cision and see who has opened it, etc.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the media contacts are not always current, so it can feel tedious to double check and make sure that the contact is still there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend that you do the Cision training to fully maximize your use of this tool.

Connecting with the media, Distributing Press Releases, Identifying Target Outlets.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by Administrator in Entertainment
Administrator in Entertainment

"Easy to use with friendly and accessible account managers"

What do you like best?

The platform is constantly evolving and easy to use. They were recently acquired by PR Newswire so their platform is very streamlined to work in conjunction with that system, but is also great for anyone that uses BusinessWire. Press lists are very easy to build, press release templates are more customizable and news is quick to search for.

What do you dislike?

With all things, it is still evolving, but the new platform is more advanced and streamlined than the previous. I think there are a lot of things you don't use that you still pay for, but it's difficult to master every aspect of this program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to have your account manager train you and take as many online tutorials/ classes you can.

We are able to quickly build new press lists as well as pull reports and segment out lists if needed.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by Maura H.
Maura H.

"Efficient Product, Does the Job Just Not Perfect"

What do you like best?

Cision has MOST reporters and outlets that I'm looking for, which is important when looking for a specific person or when I need to contact someone at a specific outlet.

What do you dislike?

Frequently I find that the contact information provided is outdated; emails bounce, people no longer work there or phone numbers don't work. It can also be very hard to refine your search and the program can occasionally be slow to load for certain functions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Search in various ways for information -- by name and outlet. Be sure to review lists before sending something to all of them -- just because you set certain parameters doesn't mean that every one is included in that list and/or that everyone the program automatically included actually fits your parameters.

Finding contact information for media personnel and outlets.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by Administrator in Real Estate
Administrator in Real Estate

"Cisoin Review - Clarification Matters"

What do you like best?

I like the Cision dashboard, because its fairly easy to quickly navigate and get information at a glance.

What do you dislike?

The Cision "Connect" seems to really be lacking but I think it has a tremendous amount of potential.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its good if you want to target "influencers" aka their media contacts, but otherwise if you really want to engage with your customers its severely lacking in that area. I'd recommend coupling Cision with another software if you want more of the social media management aspect but its good for PR specifically.

We needed to manage social media, post to various SM outlets, and also monitor and record news coverage for various different entities. The benefit has been in the coverage - Cision offers a very extensive listening service with the ability to not only monitor web, but also print, tv, and radio as well.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by Natalie K.
Natalie K.

"PR Newswire review"

What do you like best?

It is a quality hub of information about the brands and businesses that my digital news company covers.

What do you dislike?

The search function is a bit clunky and does not always provide results that are relevant to my work or to what keywords I searched.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be specific in what you're searching. When you do not find exactly what you need, it is often helpful to manually browse the site for relevant content.

PR Newswire helps with the news idea curation process that my team does every day in order to to our jobs.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

"Cision is great for media lists & distribution of releases"

What do you like best?

Cision is constantly updating media contacts nationally. This saves a ton of time & gives you the piece of mind of knowing that when you send out a release, that it is going to the right people & that emails won't bounce back. It makes curating national media lists easy.

What do you dislike?

The social media posting aspects need some work. You have to use an image URL & fill out an Excel spreadsheet if you want to schedule posts in bulk. The social media reporting still needs work as well. Cision only records stats on the posts that are scheduled through Cision. Overall, if you work with social media often you will need to purchase another platform.

Very helpful for national clients.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"Simple PR Distribution"

What do you like best?

It's relatively easy to sign in, create a new listing, and add some target groups. It's great being able to send off a PR in under 5 minutes after it's been written up and we're ready to distribute.

What do you dislike?

The UI/UX could definitely use some improvements.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can get a great deal buying a package of Press Releases (bundling 12 PR's, for example), with advance features for the price of a basic release. If you can afford it up front, it's well worth it and you'll save cash.

Simple, streamlined press release distribution.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by Toni L.
Toni L.

"cision is great"

What do you like best?

cision is great... it neatly gives you relevant reporters contact information and info on what they cover

What do you dislike?

sometimes cision is outdated or just inaccurate. it would be great if they could do a better job keeping up with media and omitting journalists and producers who no longer work with certain publications

Recommendations to others considering the product

great product, just sometimes outdated

working in public relations, i use cision to search for media to share story ideas. my job would be incredibly challenging without cision

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by Administrator in Hospitality
Administrator in Hospitality

"Best in the business"

What do you like best?

Cision's media database is the best in this space. It's the most robust, allowing for easier list building. The support staff is super responsive and helpful each time I reach out with questions.

What do you dislike?

This is currently no hierarchy to add media members to lists (ex: travel editor, then managing editor, then editor, then staff writer), but that may be due to the fact that publication staffs are much smaller now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cision is the best in the business. No media database is perfect, but Cision is the market leader!

We use Cision for many PR efforts, but mainly to maintain and update our media database and send press releases. The media database is unmatched with other companies we have demoed, and Cision does a great job of regularly updating contacts and outlets.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by Eric L.
Eric L.

"Great media monitoring and media contact platform. "

What do you like best?

Most comprehensive media database in the industry. Allows us to easily monitor a wide variety of topics, keywords, etc. for our brand. The tool lets you search from a huge list of criteria.

What do you dislike?

Interface is outdated and sometimes hard to navigate. The search feature, although very comprehensive, is hard to navigate and confusing to most users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is still the best media monitoring and media contact database out there. The industry is definitely getting more competitive but Cision is working/has made updates to their tool.

Monitor brand exposure and impact of media team work. Also, allows a team of writers to find media contacts and deliver releases to leading journalists/outlets. Easily track placements in key outlets.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by Adam H.
Adam H.

"Beware of the "studies""

What do you like best?

That on any given day, there are tons of press releases that are categorized by industry.

What do you dislike?

Branded content masquerading as "studies" or "surveys"

Recommendations to others considering the product

PR Newswire may very well be useful from the PR side, but as a journalist using this site for stories and timely information, the content could use a little oversight. There are a lot of sponsored "studies" pretending to be scientific research.

Timely financial content for story ideas.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by Whitney S.
Whitney S.

"Amazing resource to step up your PR game"

What do you like best?

I like that this a service for my agency that cuts out the grunt work. It allows us to work my efficiently and find the best suited media outlet tailored to the specific industry we need. It provides us the tools we need to venture out into the world of bloggers and tap into resources we would not have if it weren't for Cision.

What do you dislike?

Out of everything, the price of Cision is hard to justify when you don't have the need to use it daily. We are a full service agency, but we do not provide PR and media relations services everyday. So although this helps us tremendously when we do, the cost of it almost isn't worth it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely do your research to ensure you have the need to use it. It is a great tool and great value for the money. However, if you don't use it frequently the price seems quite high. So make sure it is a definitive need before purchasing.

We are tapping into media relations strategically, and not out of luck and relationships already built. It helped us deliver better results to our clients. We are able to provide analytics, coverage and additional outreach tools. We finally can measure the success of our PR and media efforts.

Learning about Cision Distribution by PR Newswire?

* We monitor all Cision Distribution by PR Newswire reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.