Cision Distribution by PR Newswire

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire helps communication teams gain earned media and prove business impact by delivering press releases via the industry's largest, most trusted press release distribution network.

Work for Cision Distribution by PR Newswire?

Learning about Cision Distribution by PR Newswire?

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire Reviews

Ask Cision Distribution by PR Newswire a Question
Showing 119 Cision Distribution by PR Newswire reviews
Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by <span>Casey D.</span>
Casey D.

"A fantastic time/effort saver that more than returns on its cost"

What do you like best?

The PR Newswire distribution network helps me target an astounding number of journalists and outlets, including ones I would never find no matter how much I like tracking down. Additionally, since the release authoring and distribution functions are seamlessly linked, I can skip a whole lot of the old-school administrative/technical work required to craft and effectively distribute a release.

What do you dislike?

These tools are deeper than they appear on the surface and Cisions' own tutorials only give you a basic knowledge of of the system. I found digging through YouTube and consulting colleagues helped me find demonstrations on how to more powerfully use PR Newswire. That and a lot of experimenting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The product is very easy to use after a little training. Figure about a day's worth of time to really figure out how to use it. Watch Cision's internal training videos, then search around YouTube for more advanced tutorials. Also consider a primer in effective research/use of keywords to better understand/bolster Cision's tools. It will help you target your outlets.

I am able to rapidly move a press release from concept to targeted distribution in basically three steps, which is magical. This lets me focus on 1) the substance of the release 2) aligning it with my marcom team's goals and 3) gaining internal/client approvals. Additionally, (geek alert!) I find simply browsing through the system's distribution lists gives me a much broader knowledge of what journalists/outlets exist.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Cision Distribution by PR Newswire
Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by <span>Jessica P.</span>
Jessica P.

"PRN 2017"

What do you like best?

PR Newswire has excellent customer service. They are also very reliable in terms of getting our releases out at the correct time.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that once you approve the proof of a release, it places it in a que where it could be accidentally distributed. We had an issue where an old release was sent out 5 times within an hour to our entire email list of beat reporters that we keep on file with PRN. I now don't approve proofs any sooner than necessary.

PRN helps us ensure we meet the Sec requirements in terms of who must receive our corporate press releases. They save us the time and effort of trying to maintain the distribution list ourselves.

What Press Release Distribution solution do you use?

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by <span>Natalie K.</span>
Natalie K.

"PR Newswire review"

What do you like best?

It is a quality hub of information about the brands and businesses that my digital news company covers.

What do you dislike?

The search function is a bit clunky and does not always provide results that are relevant to my work or to what keywords I searched.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be specific in what you're searching. When you do not find exactly what you need, it is often helpful to manually browse the site for relevant content.

PR Newswire helps with the news idea curation process that my team does every day in order to to our jobs.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by <span>Dayn R.</span>
Dayn R.

"Timely News and Press Releases"

What do you like best?

Constant stream of information and ability to manage PRs. Lots of examples of what good PRs look like along with a good bit of info to read through for more education.

What do you dislike?

At times, it is tough to streamline, or tailor, the incoming PRs due to the abundance of them! Almost sensory overload until you customize your prefs.

Getting our PRs out there in a quick and easy method and not having to employ an agency.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Not great for healthcare news distribution, but a great platform"

What do you like best?

I liked how easy to use PRNewswire is. I found the setup process, customer service and back end platform extremely easy to use and utilize. I was particularly impressed with their customer service team. They were timely in getting back to me and very friendly over the phone with the multiple questions I had. Additionally, I emailed them quite a bit to get help on adding graphics. They were able to assist me right away which was great.

What do you dislike?

While I loved the platform, I didn't find it to be extremely useful for healthcare news distribution. It went to standard wire services (mostly business focused) and didn't give me the pickup that I hoped for. I think anyone going into using this wire service needs to have clear goals outlined for pickup. I want others to take this with a grain of salt, because it a) could've been the nature of the story I pitched, or b) healthcare news wasn't the best for this wire. That I'm unsure of.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go into the setup process with defined goals and questions for the sales team. That'll give you a leg up in comparing this service against other wires and if it serves your purposes. I didn't personally find it great for the healthcare story I put out over the wire, but perhaps I didn't do my research enough/ask the right questions.

Trying to raise awareness of a particular healthcare story.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by Consultant in Public Relations and Communications
Consultant in Public Relations and Communications

"PR Newswire offers good distribution - but it's pricey"

What do you like best?

I like that you can issue a press release the same day without waiting. The distribution is also very good.

What do you dislike?

It's TOO expensive. Many of my clients are smaller businesses, startups or nonprofits that simply can't $1000+ to issue a press release. They charge extra for everything - images, word count, you name it. Trying to get everything in a 400-word release can be tricky and they charge extra for going over.

Also, I had an excellent account rep for a long time who would waive the annual fee - no longer. We shouldn't pay an annual fee when we're already paying too much for the service itself. Ridiculous.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be careful - be sure to check out other services, like PR Web, for a lower cost alternative. Business Wire is the same as PR Newswire.

It does a good job of getting the word out. I think the distribution is about the best you can find with a press release service. It also allows for immediate distribution - no waiting.

Learning about Cision Distribution by PR Newswire?

* We monitor all Cision Distribution by PR Newswire reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.