Cision Distribution by PR Newswire

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire helps communication teams gain earned media and prove business impact by delivering press releases via the industry's largest, most trusted press release distribution network.

Work for Cision Distribution by PR Newswire?

Learning about Cision Distribution by PR Newswire?

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire Reviews

Ask Cision Distribution by PR Newswire a Question
Showing 121 Cision Distribution by PR Newswire reviews
Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by <span>Casey D.</span>
Casey D.

"A fantastic time/effort saver that more than returns on its cost"

What do you like best?

The PR Newswire distribution network helps me target an astounding number of journalists and outlets, including ones I would never find no matter how much I like tracking down. Additionally, since the release authoring and distribution functions are seamlessly linked, I can skip a whole lot of the old-school administrative/technical work required to craft and effectively distribute a release.

What do you dislike?

These tools are deeper than they appear on the surface and Cisions' own tutorials only give you a basic knowledge of of the system. I found digging through YouTube and consulting colleagues helped me find demonstrations on how to more powerfully use PR Newswire. That and a lot of experimenting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The product is very easy to use after a little training. Figure about a day's worth of time to really figure out how to use it. Watch Cision's internal training videos, then search around YouTube for more advanced tutorials. Also consider a primer in effective research/use of keywords to better understand/bolster Cision's tools. It will help you target your outlets.

I am able to rapidly move a press release from concept to targeted distribution in basically three steps, which is magical. This lets me focus on 1) the substance of the release 2) aligning it with my marcom team's goals and 3) gaining internal/client approvals. Additionally, (geek alert!) I find simply browsing through the system's distribution lists gives me a much broader knowledge of what journalists/outlets exist.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Cision Distribution by PR Newswire
Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by <span>Jessica P.</span>
Jessica P.

"PRN 2017"

What do you like best?

PR Newswire has excellent customer service. They are also very reliable in terms of getting our releases out at the correct time.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that once you approve the proof of a release, it places it in a que where it could be accidentally distributed. We had an issue where an old release was sent out 5 times within an hour to our entire email list of beat reporters that we keep on file with PRN. I now don't approve proofs any sooner than necessary.

PRN helps us ensure we meet the Sec requirements in terms of who must receive our corporate press releases. They save us the time and effort of trying to maintain the distribution list ourselves.

What Press Release Distribution solution do you use?

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by <span>Natalie K.</span>
Natalie K.

"PR Newswire review"

What do you like best?

It is a quality hub of information about the brands and businesses that my digital news company covers.

What do you dislike?

The search function is a bit clunky and does not always provide results that are relevant to my work or to what keywords I searched.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be specific in what you're searching. When you do not find exactly what you need, it is often helpful to manually browse the site for relevant content.

PR Newswire helps with the news idea curation process that my team does every day in order to to our jobs.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by <span>Dayn R.</span>
Dayn R.

"Timely News and Press Releases"

What do you like best?

Constant stream of information and ability to manage PRs. Lots of examples of what good PRs look like along with a good bit of info to read through for more education.

What do you dislike?

At times, it is tough to streamline, or tailor, the incoming PRs due to the abundance of them! Almost sensory overload until you customize your prefs.

Getting our PRs out there in a quick and easy method and not having to employ an agency.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Not great for healthcare news distribution, but a great platform"

What do you like best?

I liked how easy to use PRNewswire is. I found the setup process, customer service and back end platform extremely easy to use and utilize. I was particularly impressed with their customer service team. They were timely in getting back to me and very friendly over the phone with the multiple questions I had. Additionally, I emailed them quite a bit to get help on adding graphics. They were able to assist me right away which was great.

What do you dislike?

While I loved the platform, I didn't find it to be extremely useful for healthcare news distribution. It went to standard wire services (mostly business focused) and didn't give me the pickup that I hoped for. I think anyone going into using this wire service needs to have clear goals outlined for pickup. I want others to take this with a grain of salt, because it a) could've been the nature of the story I pitched, or b) healthcare news wasn't the best for this wire. That I'm unsure of.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go into the setup process with defined goals and questions for the sales team. That'll give you a leg up in comparing this service against other wires and if it serves your purposes. I didn't personally find it great for the healthcare story I put out over the wire, but perhaps I didn't do my research enough/ask the right questions.

Trying to raise awareness of a particular healthcare story.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by Consultant in Public Relations and Communications
Consultant in Public Relations and Communications

"PR Newswire offers good distribution - but it's pricey"

What do you like best?

I like that you can issue a press release the same day without waiting. The distribution is also very good.

What do you dislike?

It's TOO expensive. Many of my clients are smaller businesses, startups or nonprofits that simply can't $1000+ to issue a press release. They charge extra for everything - images, word count, you name it. Trying to get everything in a 400-word release can be tricky and they charge extra for going over.

Also, I had an excellent account rep for a long time who would waive the annual fee - no longer. We shouldn't pay an annual fee when we're already paying too much for the service itself. Ridiculous.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be careful - be sure to check out other services, like PR Web, for a lower cost alternative. Business Wire is the same as PR Newswire.

It does a good job of getting the word out. I think the distribution is about the best you can find with a press release service. It also allows for immediate distribution - no waiting.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

"Quick, Easy, User-Friendly Service with Fantastic Reps Who Understand the Media Landscape"

What do you like best?

I've used several distribution services, and PRNewswire is one of the easiest to use and offers some of the best customer service with quick responses and reliable support. Someone new might always be helping you, but their accessibility to previous discussions and releases is so simple and accurate, that I am always confident I am getting reliable information. I like that phone calls to review releases and confirm distribution are a standard part of the process to make sure all is taken care of, and I love how easy it is to access different clients for release scheduling on one platform.

What do you dislike?

I haven't experienced many issues with PR Newswire. If I were to request an additional feature, I'd ask for an easy-to-access updated count of types of releases left in existing accounts. (i.e. a photo release, an MNR, etc.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended- great product!

PR Newswire is used as the single distribution channel for news announcements for all of my clients. All releases I work on, for all of my clients, is handled in one location, making the preparation process simple.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by <span>Cindy A.</span>
Cindy A.

"Great for Press Release Distribution"

What do you like best?

I like how easy and quick it is to distribute a news release to my intended targets with PR Newswire.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the pricing. Although I was able to get a great package for our company for a pre-determined number of news releases, some with photos or videos included, it is still very expensive.

PRNewswire allows me to easily and quickly distribute timely product and service announcements.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"So easy to use"

What do you like best?

I like the PR Newswire's interface is so user-friendly and easy to use. This especially comes in handy when I'm trying to get a release out quickly!

What do you dislike?

Once or twice I have lost my press release because it somehow disappeared after I copied and pasted it into their submission boxes and I continued on to the next screen. This wasn't the end of the world (though would've been pretty bad if I had written in their fields and that was my original copy) but it was irritating.

It's not so much solving as much as it is getting our releases out there before anyone else can. That is why I like PRNewswire the most. It's easy to use and we get our press releases out quickly so we can be the ones people turn to for information about those cases.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"Decent Company a Press Release"

What do you like best?

Simple program to send out a wide press release to different news outlets. It prompted for an easy Google search and was easy to review after submission.

What do you dislike?

Wish I could see how many times the release was opened or read and exactly which divisions it was sent to. I can only track so many from Google and if they had an customer interaction.

Recommendations to others considering the product

**Be sure you're aware of where you release is being sent. It's a great initial hub but you may want to do a little more research and investment to obtain more information and stats on your actual content.

Rather than reaching out to individual PR sites, this company will distribute your release to other various news outlets and companies. Again, it's easier than doing so individually but I wish there was a count of read/opened on each site.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Great Customer Service, Great Analytics"

What do you like best?

The best part by far, is the incredible reach that press releases get through PR Newswire, seconded by the analytics provided in an info graphic of which outlets picked up the press release.

The customer service is also always top notch, and they reach out throughout the year to make sure you are taking advantage of what they have, not just to up-sell you.

They are starting to add integration in with other cision platforms. I also like that they are growing, and new features are being added.

What do you dislike?

Despite the fact that they are owned and powered by Cision, the integration doesn't really exist. There are separate account managers, invoices, and they do not share analytics. Renewing is a confusing, not streamlined process, in which you will be contacted by multiple people, all telling you different things about your account. Always call your account manager if you are confused.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend PR Newswire for announcements to trade publications. There are many targeted national and international lists that you can choose from. They also offer translation services which can be incredibly useful for pitching internationally. For business trades, I think PR Newswire would be the most effective. If you are looking to organically pitch media, PR Newswire is not the right tool.

For large announcements, when it is important that outlets pick up your press release, this is an incredibly useful tool. In terms of sheer metrics, this is the most effective way to put your press release in front of a lot of people.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"Seamless Process for Standard Distribution"

What do you like best?

PR Newswire provides a seamless process for regular PR distribution needed for our average one release per month. The translation offerings are a nice addition and much cheaper than the standard translation service.

What do you dislike?

Turnaround times vary by language, which have cause unknown delays for releases in multiple languages. The reporting capabilities are good, but would like to see more in the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a small team that needs PR support, PR Newswire is a great option. It can be used by advanced knowledge users and novice users.

PR Newswire enables us to reach global markets that we would otherwise not be able to tap into with the industry lists and multiple newsline options. As we enter new markets, it is a great feature to quickly announce the company's presence.

"Pr Newswire Review"

What do you like best?

PR Newswire is a great resource for mass blasting information. It hits a wide reach of outlets that I typically would not think to connect with in a short amount of time.

What do you dislike?

Pr Newswire has never led to any meaningful relationships or placements. If it’s just mentions in a certain number of publications you’re after, this is great. But if you are after larger scale pieces, this would not be the best use of budget.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pr Newswire is a great resource and their staff is incredible. Any questions I’ve ever had have been answered and with patience and great detail.

It’s a great way to spread news about things such as a new president or ceo. It’s been a great tool for producing a high number of mentions in a timely fashion with minimal effort.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by <span>Anthony M.</span>
Anthony M.

"Great Wire Service for Nonprofit"

What do you like best?

The submission process is easy to use, their team will review release and it coves a wide list of media influencers — and takes away from the task of putting together a targeted list. They also have great customer service.

What do you dislike?

There are a lot of additional charges that can add up — such as logos — and there is a word count restriction that costs you if you go over.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In terms of wire services, I think it's the best value out there.

It helps us get out a release when we might not have the time to develop a targeted list. We also use it as a way to get wider visibility on key issues and news.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by User in Information Services
User in Information Services

"Major fan of PR Newswire "

What do you like best?

As a journalist, I like how PR Newswire houses all the press releases that I need to generate news in one place. I'm also a huge fan of ProfNet, a PR Newswire function that allows me to query subject matter experts about particular subjects.

What do you dislike?

I wish PR Newswire would filter stories better. Sometimes, when I type something in the search bar, the subject is a little off (and too broad).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it! it's very useful for journalists—particularly ProfNet Experts.

Finding news articles for my website and finding subject matter experts for original stories

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by <span>Brian B.</span>
Brian B.

"Great way to get across information"

What do you like best?

PR newswire is a great way to receive information from sources, as I am a newspaper reporter, as well as get the info out about your company.

What do you dislike?

There isn't a ton to dislike about it, though like any piece of e-mail it can get annoying sometimes to receive info that looks like spam.

PR Newswire is a great way to push news about something happening in your company that people may not realize. It will then help raise awareness of the event or news item that can raise the profile of the company.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by <span>Nathan I.</span>
Nathan I.

"Great wire service on a budget"

What do you like best?

The service is simple and easy to use, reliable, and also tends to be less expensive than other wire services I've used. Customer service team is great as well.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there isn't much not to like. Sometimes the website stalls or goes offline during periods of high traffic but that usually gets resolved within a minute or two.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely try it. You can sign up for free and then check out all the prices before actually sending out a release.

As part of my job, we need to ensure press releases reach a wide audience, and this service helps clients do that on a budget.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"Powerful reach at a high price "

What do you like best?

Hands down this is the best outlet to use if you want the broadest reach for your press releases and can afford to pay for it. We saw almost double the number of hits using this over other platforms.

What do you dislike?

The distribution list isn’t quite as customizable as some others. I can’t complain because they seemed to have done their homework and already identified the most relevant sources. I do wish the packages were a bit more affordable. For a small company, spending upwards of $500-750 per release isn’t very realistic.

We used this platform to get out some important news about organizational changes at our business. It got the job done, and the news appeared in some of the top media outlets.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by User in Information Technology and Services

"PR Newswire"

What do you like best?

I like how courteous and helpful the staff are - from answering emails, support calls, questions to walking me through each upload. One of the best features that sets them apart is their post-release reports.

What do you dislike?

Its expensive for international releases, but that is to be expected.

I use them for our paid press releases. I love how easy it is to share post release updates and stats with my boss and office, and track where its been picked up, how many times the videos have been played, etc.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by User in Internet

"Easy to use tool for press releases"

What do you like best?

Very simple to upload and push out a press release

What do you dislike?

It's easy to send out a distribution to a network that's not included in your package. Example, we once confused US Metro with NY Metro and didn't realize it until after we were charged - the system doesn't alert you to the difference.

It's a simple way to distribute press releases. Our releases have been picked up from time to time, but we wonder if the traditional press release is a thing of the past.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by Executive Sponsor in Medical Devices
Executive Sponsor in Medical Devices

"Good at collecting payment poor at delivering service"

What do you like best?

Calling us and collecting payment (very on time).

What do you dislike?

Poor experience with PR news wire. Paid over USD 2100 for PR releases in greater china, malaysia, and Singapore. They are good and quick at collecting payment but when it comes to delivery, their syndication was late, and no ways to monitor pickup rate. Emailed them, was told it was a public holiday and someone will get back the next day. But never heard from them again. Terrible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Terrible personal experience. Will not use again.

not really solving me any problem. Feels like a scam. Wont come back again at all.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice

"PR Newswire"

What do you like best?

PR Newswire is always reliable and thorough. If you need to get a press release out - and out quickly - their staff will help make it as easy and effective as possible.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the confirmation process takes a little longer than I would like, especially if you can't be by the phone or computer constantly to receive their confirmation message.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you talk to them specifically about which audience you want to reach. Some of their more limited (and, thus, cheaper) media lists can be at least as effective as the big overall list.

PR Newswire helps us reach a wide and appropriate audience when we have to send out a press release. This leads to better press coverage of our story.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by User in Consumer Services
User in Consumer Services

"cision review"

What do you like best?

The best part about cision is that they are well established and have a very wide network of contacts. It is updated better than other services I've used.

What do you dislike?

Cision isn't as technically advanced as I'd like it to be. It's not the most user friendly and they could really use a facelift for their platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While Cision has been around the longest, they are not the easiest to use and the platform is outdated.

I needed to get in touch with the right journalists and PR Newswire saved me a lot of time from doing all the research myself. The main benefit is being able to find journalists by topic, geography, role, etc.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by <span>Lindsey J.</span>
Lindsey J.

"Easy to Use!"

What do you like best?

The online submission form is extremely easy and quick to use. It was easy to train other employees on, and it takes the guesswork out of tracking down the correct contact list for a given press release. We got increasingly better traction with our announcements with each submission. I loved how quickly I would get a phone call confirming my submission and getting it reviewed by their team. This saved me so much time!

What do you dislike?

There is not an easy way to see how many releases you have left in your package when you sign a contract for one. I have to email our rep each time I want to check. I did not like the options when uploading a picture - we have free online photo hosting with our package but it is not an option you could select during online photo submission, so I have to select a default one and add comments each time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great option if you have a small-ish PR budget and want to get a lot of bang for your buck. The software is very easy to use, so it could be managed in house, and they are very open about which set of contacts any given blast will go to based on your list selection. This was a really great change for our firm, and our media hits have gone up significantly, with less effort, as there is no back and forth with a PR agency.

We were spending an astronomical fee for a PR firm that wasn't really getting us a lot of traction in our market. PR Newswire is a fraction of the cost, is more efficient because it can be done in house, and gets us significantly more pick ups than our firm was able to provide. Our media hits have gone up more than double.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by <span>Pilar C.</span>
Pilar C.

"very useful to send PRs"

What do you like best?

The company I work at uses this a lot. At least twice a month, and they like it a lot.

It's very easy to distribute the company's PR

What do you dislike?

Probably the look and design but it doesn't really affect our work much. Also, wish they were faster at replying to customers. It takes some time for them to get back at us

That you can share stories with press releases and content distribution and that you can also promote videos or photos

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by <span>Farrah E.</span>
Farrah E.

"Niche specific pitches"

What do you like best?

I get a lot of pitches in my inbox for my blogging business every day. I appreciate that PR Newswire does their best to make sure they send out relevant information so I'm not wasting my time reading things that don't pertain to what I write about.

What do you dislike?

I can't say there's anything I don't like.

I"m finding a lot of unique things to cover compared to other companies who send the same pitches over and over again.

User in Public Relations and Communications

"Easy to use and works as expected"

What do you like best?

It's a simple process to send a release and the customer care team always gives everything a final proofread before they send it out.

What do you dislike?

Always feel a but pressured to buy into their up-sells re: adding images or targeted audiences I don't really need.

We use it to send state-wide releases to people we simply don't have the capacity to send to in-house. It's a great fit for that.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by <span>Emily L.</span>
Emily L.

"Honest and innovative PR Platform"

What do you like best?

PR Newswire is a source of many diverse elements which help public relations professionals immerse themselves in the industry.

What do you dislike?

I think that the website could be more friendly towards new users and young people who are just starting their career.

One of the largest problems I face in my PR work is finding credible and ethical news sources. PR Newswire always has fresh stories and trusted contributers

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"A must-have for our PR team"

What do you like best?

The PR Newswire customer service team is a dream to work with! The process of distributing a press release is a breeze from start to finish, and the reps are all very helpful and knowledgeable.

What do you dislike?

The platform seems a bit outdated, but it's very easy to use, so it's not a huge complaint on my part.

PR Newswire offers a simple and effective way for my clients to get noticed in press.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by <span>Megan S.</span>
Megan S.

"Helpful team from PR Newswire."

What do you like best?

My company is extremely customer-centric, so we are very attentive to the customer service we receive from other companies and systems we work with. I have never had a problem with PR Newswire's services, but have contacted our representatives for advice as to how to better utilize our account. They are always willing and extremely proactive with helping optimize our account.

What do you dislike?

We have had several different account reps throughout our time using PR Newswire.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This was the best product at the best price, compared to other similar services.

PR is our biggest marketing priority. PR Newswire allows us to get our message out extremely frequently. We often need to get a time-sensitive press release out immediately, and are able to do so with PR Newswire.

"PR Newswire release"

What do you like best?

It is easy to upload your release and choose where you want it to go. The platform is very easy to use and makes sense to first time users right away.

What do you dislike?

The releases are very expensive, but the results are often worth it. You get in a lot of trades and sometimes get pieces picked up in other outlets.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely do a cost evaluation because it is pricey and if you don't need the results it may not be worth it.

We use it for hiring announcements a lot - it seems to go far and get a lot of traction on blogs and social media.

User in Public Relations and Communications

"Very easy to use with great metrics reporting"

What do you like best?

The ease of access. It's great that I'm able to email the PR Newswire Hub, coordinate with account managers and set up a release in less than 10 minutes.

What do you dislike?

My only feedback is that I'm never able to review the final product before submission. However, the team is great about responding to inquiries 24/7.

Press release distribution, media monitoring and reporting, ease of billing.

"Very helpful team"

What do you like best?

The team is always ready and able to help when we need it. Easy to reach and work with.

What do you dislike?

Always additional charges for things if we need to send anything else out or want to change or adjust things.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very helpful easy to use good service

Getting release on the wire, wide spread good pick up in the industry

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by User in Staffing and Recruiting
User in Staffing and Recruiting

"PR Newswire"

What do you like best?

What I like the most is that I feel PR Newswire is the most effective way to circulate news via press release. I like how easy it is for me to disseminate information to my peers and my audience with a simple all-in-one platform.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it is very costly to subscribe to the service. With a more affordable price, it would be more available for use to a larger demographic.

Business problems being solved with PR Newswire is getting information out in an accurate and timely manner. I realized that is invaluable to be able to share information this way.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by <span>Jessie P.</span>
Jessie P.

"Easy to use, a must-have for PR teams"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to upload your content, including headline, photos and contact information.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the approval process after submitting content can take a while.

We're able to get our news out to journalists efficiently, when we need to. We've secured various media coverage through our postings on Cision.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by User

"Best press coverage - but it comes at a price"

What do you like best?

I love that PR Newswire has connections with the top news outlets and I always seem to get the best results when using them.

What do you dislike?

The price! It is almost double the price as using PR Web and TRIPLE the price of using eReleases. I guess you get what you pay for though - the coverage cannot be beat.

We used to use PR Newswire exclusively until we had to cut back our budget, but until then, we always had great coverage and commentary on our PR when using them. That usually translated to higher lead gen.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by <span>Jordan D.</span>
Jordan D.

"Cision insight"

What do you like best?

Cision is one of the leaders in PR software and the platform is rather intuitive to use.

What do you dislike?

Cision is a good software and intuitive to use. However, the app could definitely be made easier in terms of tracking information and finding more people upon search.

I use Cision to track notable events.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by <span>Lindsay M.</span>
Lindsay M.

"Helpful for getting the word out"

What do you like best?

PR Newswire allows you to distribute your news release widely to a number of websites and news sources.

What do you dislike?

The news sources aren't always targeted to the audience you're trying to reach. For example, tech websites might pick up my healthcare release.

We're able to get our news in front of many more eyes.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by <span>Ally M.</span>
Ally M.

"PR Newswire"

What do you like best?

I was able to trust the company not to make public our press released prior to the exact date/time our company wanted the information disseminated.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, everything went extremely smoothly and fluently and our representative was very helpful.

We are able to blast a press release both nationwide and worldwide without any issues.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by <span>Azanique R.</span>
Azanique R.

"Difficult to navigate"

What do you like best?

What I like best is that Newswire is an easy way to find various PR contacts

What do you dislike?

What I dislike it that the website is not user friendly

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider a more user-friendly platform

I am sobbing the problem of not being able to successfully find PR contacts

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Best way to distribute to your audience! "

What do you like best?

PR Newswire, best way to distribute your announcement to the masses. The online platform is user friendly, you can assign links and up load photos and videos directly into your release.

What do you dislike?

No dislikes about PR Newswire, I’ve used it during my last three companies and it’s the best way to distribute to your targeted audience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

PR Newswire is very effective as long as you have a grasp on your audience demographic.

Trying to reach our audience which consists of groups that the email addresses

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by Agency
Agency

"Very simple to use and straightforward. Coverage reports are simple to pull and analyze. "

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the site. Being able to upload a release, select the markets your targeting, and schedule it to be distributed in a matter of minutes.

What do you dislike?

The metrics at times in the reports can be questionable and makes one wonder where they pull the reach of the media included.

Ability to secure wide range of coverage across the US for a media story that was difficult to gain traction for via traditional PR pitching efforts.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by <span>Sarah C.</span>
Sarah C.

"pr newswire just gets it"

What do you like best?

I love the automation of this product, it's so easy to distribute to multiple outlets

What do you dislike?

I don't like the pricing, this product is expensive and no coverage is ever guaranteed

We are using this product to reach new markets

User in Public Relations and Communications

"Easy to use platform for press release distribution"

What do you like best?

GREAT customer service, newsroom staff is smart and attentive

What do you dislike?

Don't have many complaints, other than it's difficult to see exactly who you're targeting when you're choosing a distribution option

Press release distribution and news monitoring reports

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by <span>Bethany K.</span>
Bethany K.

"Account Executive"

What do you like best?

I appreciate the customer service and that I get a confirmation call.

What do you dislike?

Previous members of my team have had issues with incorrect distribution when the release should've been on hold.

Distributing press releases; thorough distribution

"PR Newswire distribution"

What do you like best?

I like the option of being able to select micro-targeted lists.

What do you dislike?

Reporting is confusing at times with the various tabs.

Using PR Newswire distributions to share announcements. I do like seeing the number of online pickups/placements.

"Solid Newswire Service"

What do you like best?

Good customer service, generally quick turnaround times, pricing comparable to businesswire, overall a solid provider of a commoditizied service

What do you dislike?

After hours customer service can be lacking, international distribution lists are imprecise sometimes

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's very similar to businesswire, I personally like my account rep at PRN more than at Bwire, so use them more often, but it usually depends on what the client prefers

Distributing press releases for clients

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by User in Internet

"Pretty good for promoting your business"

What do you like best?

The ease of signing up and using their services

What do you dislike?

I didn't get as good a response as hoped

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try them once to see if you get the response you want

The problems I solved was promoting my services and the responses I got in the beginning were great! But the last time I used them, three years ago, I got barely any response, so I stopped using their services.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by User in Broadcast Media
User in Broadcast Media

"Great Resource"

What do you like best?

Seamless and easy to use. Professional resource.

What do you dislike?

Some processes could be streamlined instead of having to work around.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great resource for those in the newsroom who already have some press release experience. Once you build a good boilerplate and guidelines, this is a seamless way to reproduce basic parts of a news release with minor changes made along the way.

Easy to copy boilerplate data into multiple press releases.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by <span>Amanda P.</span>
Amanda P.

"PR Newswire"

What do you like best?

The program is super easy to navigate and great customer service

What do you dislike?

Placement for images with your release can be in a wonky area

Recommendations to others considering the product

We're disseminating news on behalf of our clients

User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Excellent source of news for anyone in the public relations industry."

What do you like best?

It is a great resource for public relations professionals to share their experiences in the field.

What do you dislike?

If I remember correctly, it was rather costly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a tremendous resource for anyone in the public relations field. Great networking and connecting with thought leaders.

It is excellent for networking, as well as a go-to resource to reach out to others who are facing the same challenges.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by Agency in Entertainment
Agency in Entertainment

"Best Service"

What do you like best?

When I need to get something out quickly for one of my clients, I use PR WEB for my needs. It is easy to navigate and always gets the job done!

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike. I believe this product to b excellent and others will find it easy to use.

It gives my business the benefit of making sure my clients interests are well represented.

User in Public Relations and Communications

"The standard for press release distribution"

What do you like best?

It's easy to get a release loaded up and out the door. PR Newswire also has a wide network of publications that pick up its releases.

What do you dislike?

Feel like they nickel and dime you a bit for every little thing: logos, images, etc. It's pricier than other options. Also, they make it difficult to purchase the product/service with anything but a credit card, which is tricky if you want to bulk purchase your releases. Know I'll get my hand slapped if I put $10-20K on the company CC.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely on the pricier side, but might be worth it. Bulk purchase your releases, if possible, and the price will go down.

My company issues a number of regular releases and announcements, so the extra reach PR Newswire provides is a good thing.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by <span>Chloe&#39; H.</span>
Chloe' H.

"Great asset"

What do you like best?

Ease of use! Full media scope. Quick distribution

What do you dislike?

Review process can be long and affects timely media projects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep records of accounting and metrics.

To reach national outlets

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by Agency in Public Relations and Communications
Agency in Public Relations and Communications

"Useful Way to Know What Journalists are Writing About"

What do you like best?

The detailed queries, that the journalists' emails are (usually) given, and the easy to navigate emails.

What do you dislike?

I think that the queries could be condensed into fewer emails at a time. It's a lot of reading through many queries for one or two that will work.

As a PR professional, I want to get my clients interviewed for stories that speak to their knowledge and expertise. The Profnet emails allow me to see stories that outlets are working on.

"PR Newswire Review"

What do you like best?

PR Newswire is the best for content distribution. They make the entire process so easy!

What do you dislike?

Was difficult to learn at first, however very user-friendly once you get the hang of it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely look into using this software! The amount of amplified media coverage a company can receive is unparalleled

There has been a dramatic increase in customer optimization since using this product.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by <span>Lilan N.</span>
Lilan N.

"Good product"

What do you like best?

I like the software because it allows me to communicate efficiently

What do you dislike?

I don’t like the software because it is hard to use

The communication problems

Agency in Public Relations and Communications

"Targeted Pitching Has Authentic Results"

What do you like best?

It was easy to use and not that expensive. If you need quick impressions for a small SEO boost this is the way to go/

What do you dislike?

The coverage is so buried that if you don't have the direct link you would never find it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I don't recommend using wire at all. Only do it when the client really wants to use it.

Helping clients with SEO

"Great customer service"

What do you like best?

PR Newswire makes it easy to upload a press release without worry. Their website is intuitive and their customer service is always incredibly helpful in ensuring releases are accurate and post accordingly to your needs.

What do you dislike?

The add-ons can get really costly (i.e. adding a logo, image, additional countries to distribute in, etc).

I use PR Newswire to upload press releases for big new announcements.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by Administrator in Investment Banking
Administrator in Investment Banking

"Great resources and PR results, plus and excellent client service"

What do you like best?

Constant articles, information and advice from our account rep, easy to use platform

What do you dislike?

High cost of the product relative to other options available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

it's worth evaluating the big 4-5 wire distribution companies, but PRNewswire proved to be the most dedicated to our unique needs. Our account rep consistently sends relevant articles to me and connects me with any of her colleagues who may be able to help guide our PR strategy. Our previous account rep was not nearly as active, so be sure to emphasize the importance of this in your evaluation, if it matters to you, that is.

Increasing reach and awareness in a unique industry. We have seen consistent pickup on our press releases, despite not having a PR agency

"Good in a pinch"

What do you like best?

Your press release can be seen/picked up by any outlet in the regions you choose.

What do you dislike?

You can't see who views your release, choose who picks it up, and where it's published.

Getting more news out in the media.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by <span>Sheree S.</span>
Sheree S.

"PR Newswire is Great"

What do you like best?

Great product. Always up to date. Helps writers stay ib-the-know.

What do you dislike?

Absolutely nothing. The service was great

Getting news before competitors

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by User in Pharmaceuticals
User in Pharmaceuticals

"Use of PR Distribution Services"

What do you like best?

Ease of distributing releases and helpfulness of PRN representatives.

What do you dislike?

Inability to do 'back translations' after using PRN's provided translations services for distributing releases internationally.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend time discussing your business needs with your account manager. They know all of PRN's services and can suggest additional ways to help you.

We have utilized many of PRN's resources to learn of ways to improve our business. For instance, I have met with the social media representative, international representative and multiview representative.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by <span>Hue R.</span>
Hue R.

"PR Newswire - easy to use"

What do you like best?

The service is easy to use and staff are very responsive

What do you dislike?

Keeping within the allotted word count for single press release

Distribution handled by trusted vendor as opposed to us trying to distribute with our own created lists

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by User in Computer Software

"Great customer service"

What do you like best?

Great help at all hours of the night, and super patient when I've had changes to press releases.

What do you dislike?

Take metrics with a grain of salt, not sure how to really back them up and UMVs are not the most accurate metric to go by.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Does the job

Posting releases on the wire & getting our message out there

"PR NEWSWIRE REVIEW"

What do you like best?

I like the review of publications that have picked up and incorporated the Press Release.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the plans for payment plan.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Work out the plan that fits your budget and estimate how many Press Releases you will need yearly prior to signing up.

Marketing and Reach for PR clients are the problems that we are solving. Relaization of necessity of distribution for Press Releases is important for us to relay to the clients.

"Great experience"

What do you like best?

I liked working with PR Newswire because they were able to accommodate my tight schedule and continue to contact me with updated reports.

What do you dislike?

They call quite often - but every business strives to get loyal customers.

They were able to distribute our publication to areas around the country we wanted to target. Very fast and efficient.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by <span>Kiran F.</span>
Kiran F.

"Good experience"

What do you like best?

I really liked working with PR Newswire due to the excellent customer service; they were always available and have very quick turnaround times for quotes and estimates which allowed us to explore several opportunities to find the best fit for us.

What do you dislike?

I feel that the rates for PR Newswire are quite high.

The partnership allowed me to widely circulate press releases and announcements which resulted in wide coverage and high Google rankings.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by <span>Dan L.</span>
Dan L.

"Market leader in paid newswire distribution"

What do you like best?

Guaranteed online placement; improves SEO for news releases/announcements; ability to post in different languages

What do you dislike?

Expensive; lack of traditional news pickup from newswires

Recommendations to others considering the product

Between PR Newswire and Businesswire; both are very similar offerings

Guaranteed online placement; generating web impressions for clients

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by Consultant in Writing and Editing
Consultant in Writing and Editing

"Decent source for story ideas"

What do you like best?

Lists a wide variety of sources and topics

What do you dislike?

Rarely offers advance notification of news

staying informed, developing sources

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by User

"Straightforward press release distribution"

What do you like best?

Fairly straightforward and provides analytics of where release was picked up. Same day automated distribution is a plus.

What do you dislike?

I find it pretty standard for PR distribution but with few other benefits

The entire organization uses PR Newswire for press release distribution. The team can all access the release draft in one place for approval.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by User in Newspapers
User in Newspapers

"Easy to find information "

What do you like best?

There’s a ton of info on PR Newswire. When I’m searching for a press release I’ve missed, I can often find it there.

What do you dislike?

The releases supplied there aren’t always as robust as I’d like, but I guess that’s on whomever compiles the release and not PR Newswire.

Getting information about products and events I’m writing about.

"Solid service"

What do you like best?

The ease of posting a press release -- it's user-friendly and makes targeting and distribution easy.

What do you dislike?

Just that with the sheer number of releases put out daily, they get lost in the clutter. Certainly not the service's fault, however.

Recommendations to others considering the product

N/A

Trying to reach a larger, diverse audience with news and story ideas

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by <span>Delia L L.</span>
Delia L L.

"Always delivers..."

What do you like best?

Their customer service is top notch and no question goes unanswered. They are always on it and if they can't answer your question when you call, they'll call you back with an answer.

What do you dislike?

It can be rather pricey but again, the results do merit the price tag.

Greater visibility and a more extensive Hispanic list makes this a better solution for clients.

"Tried and true service"

What do you like best?

Large distribution network, straightforward interface

What do you dislike?

Member-only model prevents small businesses or individuals from using the service

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compare pricing plans from other providers; start small and grow your plan as your business grows. Also consider new media tactics beyond press release distribution!

Press release distribution; broad distribution and reliable interface and network.

User in Public Relations and Communications

"Good for sending out broad information"

What do you like best?

PR Newswire is very intuitive. It is great for sending out a broad release.

What do you dislike?

The results seem to be exaggerated by how large the audience is from the report.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read up on the details.

It's great for sending out releases and reaching a large audience when you are not individually pitching.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by Consultant

"Reputable Service and Results"

What do you like best?

Uploading content for distribution across the web is quick and simplistic.

What do you dislike?

I am satisfied with the level of service and offerings.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fully utilize the distribution lists and should any unforeseen issues arise, customer service is quick to answer and problem solve.

Targeting mass distribution and relevant demographics per release.

"Review 3456"

What do you like best?

I like that's it is well known in the industry by reporters and PR professionals. It also has a lot of features. Like that it's one stop shop - they do MNRs, SMTs, blogger tours, social media, etc, etc. I also really like the people at PR Newswire and the stability of their team. Have been working with the same folks for about 10+ years now.

What do you dislike?

Maybe you can do this, but would like to embed pictures in the actual release to make it more visual.

Better recognition of my company among traditional and social media.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by <span>Ashlee S.</span>
Ashlee S.

"PR Newswire is efficient!"

What do you like best?

The site is user friendly, but should you have any issues there is always an account representative available to help you submit your release.

What do you dislike?

The fees for including a company logo. I have used other sites that include a logo for free.

The benefits are a more efficient way to reach the mass media.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by Agency in Consumer Goods
Agency in Consumer Goods

"PR Newswire - Great platform"

What do you like best?

The high level of customer service that PRNewswire provides is very important to me. Whether it's with a rep just confirming a release, or a person you've worked with for a few years, they are all very nice and well informed. I've always been provided the help and insight I need.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything I didn't like about PRNewswire. I felt it had great customer service, good offerings and a vast network reach.

I've used PRNewswire for release distribution and multi-media distribution.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Good for larger corporations"

What do you like best?

Variety of categories to choose from to distribute content to.

What do you dislike?

Not ideal for smaller businesses. Bit expensive for the audience.

Wanted to get news releases in front of greater audience. This product is a bit expensive for the size of our company.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Good tool. Now a part of the Cision brand leading to a better product"

What do you like best?

I like that it's easy to get my message out to to the Wire and create media recap reports.

What do you dislike?

From a non-profit standpoint, it's expensive to use.

We are able to easily target our press release distribution. We like the analytics and measurement tools to see if we are effectively getting our message out.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by User in Government Relations
User in Government Relations

"Run of the mill wire distribution"

What do you like best?

News releases are distributed to hundreds of inboxes and are searchable on the web.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike; wire services are pretty standard

It's good to know wire releases make their way to nearly every news desk in our region.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by User in Higher Education

"Good if you’re going the newswire route"

What do you like best?

Customer service & reports of exact media placements

What do you dislike?

Better clips of placements. I would have preferred screenshots of every placement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will have to screenshot your own placements from the list they provide.

Getting placement for unworthy news items

"Helpful for news"

What do you like best?

Consistent and helpful for staying on top of news

What do you dislike?

Emails were sometimes too frequent and broken up in to too many, they could be condensed more

Creating postings and listings with the information it provided for our readers

Agency in Public Relations and Communications

"My experience has been limited but positive in using PR Newswire."

What do you like best?

PR Newswire seems to get better reach when you distribute through their service.

What do you dislike?

Cost. While PR Newswire is competitively priced, it's still too much to justify a press release for smaller clients or smaller announcements.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you utilize the reporting metrics they provide if you commit to this product.

In PR, you need to show value that is tangible. The circulation and reporting metrics provided by PR Newswire help to show that value.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Great customer service and quick turn around"

What do you like best?

PR Newswire is easy to use and upload releases. They have a quick turn around, I usually get a call from customer service about 5 minutes after sending a release. Everyone has always been friendly, professional and helpful. PR Newswire provides great analytics so you can easily measure the success of each release.

What do you dislike?

The service is expensive and they charge for anything additional.

PR Newswire provides great exposure for your press release.

"Great software"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and the ability to show a breakdown of metrics

What do you dislike?

The metrics can be confusing to decipher

Ability to send out the releases for the client to specific areas and gain more exposure

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by User

"Not worth the cost in youth sports business"

What do you like best?

Quick and easy way to get reach numbers to present to leadership

What do you dislike?

Reach numbers count back pages of publications that really don't signify in youth sports

Looking to get our releases out to potential customers

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Great tool for the intended purpose"

What do you like best?

It's easy to navigate different media and find the information I need

What do you dislike?

Some of the more advanced functions are not as intuitive as I'd like.

Monitoring media coverage, researching contacts at different outlets

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by <span>Manuel L.</span>
Manuel L.

"Great for international press release distribution"

What do you like best?

The capacity to reach your target in all markets

What do you dislike?

I'm pretty satisfied with the service of PR NES WIRE

Get to the markets i want to reach with my corporate communication

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Music
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Music

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

Good, no nonsense. I enjoy being able to search and find what I'm looking for in my areas of interest.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can result in too many notices.

Keeping up with industry trends, news.

User in Public Relations and Communications

"PR Newswire is an excellent way to distribute client messaging"

What do you like best?

Releases get great exposure, often get picked up by top wire syndicates

What do you dislike?

The wire isn't open on the weekends. Have to wait until Monday for distribution

Blasting client messaging out to a general audience

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by Administrator in Public Policy
Administrator in Public Policy

"Great content "

What do you like best?

I use the articles in daily news clips I send to coworkers

What do you dislike?

The page layout is annoying. They should use something simple.

It's a great source of information. I have no problems at all

Agency in Public Relations and Communications

"Artificial Numbers at its finest"

What do you like best?

I like having the ability to get my news out to multiple outlets quickly without endless pitching.

What do you dislike?

The statistics they deliver back are always inflated, and make recapping seem unrealistic for clients.

Distributing news widely.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by User in Publishing
User in Publishing

"Good distribution"

What do you like best?

PR Newswire is reliable for SEO and distribution across several outlets.

What do you dislike?

You likely won’t randomly find the newswire posting unless searching for keywords in the release.

Benefits are definitely credibility and SEO.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by Internal Consultant in Telecommunications
Internal Consultant in Telecommunications

"PR Newswire Effective"

What do you like best?

Well received by colleagues and business associates who read the information.

What do you dislike?

Some in the media are reluctant to pick up PR Newswire material

Recommendations to others considering the product

worth it for your needs

basic PR and marketing

"Very easy to use"

What do you like best?

It is easy to navigate, and the customer support is excellent.

What do you dislike?

The prices are very high. The benefits outweigh the prices though.

I am able to reach a mass audience with this medium.

"PR Newswire Review"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to send news releases for clients.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how specific some of the lists are.

PR Newswire is an easy way to distribute news releases for clients.

Cision Distribution by PR Newswire review by User in Civic & Social Organization
User in Civic & Social Organization

"Great reach with PR newswire"

What do you like best?

Great reach. Our releases are picked up by many news outlets every time.

What do you dislike?

Pricey. Not the easiest navigation within th site.

Getting the word out about our not for profit easily.

Learning about Cision Distribution by PR Newswire?

* We monitor all Cision Distribution by PR Newswire reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.