Cision Monitoring

4.0

Cision Communications Cloud's monitoring capabilities allow you to cut through the noise and understand the impact of your coverage across the largest collection of online, social, print and broadcast channels under one earned media cloud

Work for Cision Monitoring?

Learning about Cision Monitoring?

Cision Monitoring Reviews

Showing 169 Cision Monitoring reviews
Cision Monitoring review by Dave R.
Dave R.

"The standard for media contact research and list building, with room for improvement"

What do you like best?

My firm uses Cision every day for gleaning information on media professionals. With teams pitching media every day, Cision is a tool that's essential for identifying information about relevant outlets, finding the relevant contacts, their locations, and learning more about what they're writing about. Cision is also useful when we're researching a contact or a new media outlet, and we can trust the information in the Cision media database.

What do you dislike?

While we understand the challenge of verifying contact information, it's not always up to date. With an always-growing media landscape, and with the frequency of job changes in the media, Cision may be a good starting point, but users still have to relay on their research expertise to execute successful media relations outreach with the Cision software.

My agency is oriented around a digital-first approach to media relationships and Cision offers a large database of non-traditional contacts. Our Cision tools also solve for understanding our media coverage through clip reporting that pulls outlet information and reach numbers.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Cision Monitoring
Cision Monitoring review by David C.
David C.

"A Great Platform for Connecting You to Members of the Media"

What do you like best?

Cision is an easy to navigate and powerful tool that makes connecting to influential members of the media easy. I have used the company for almost four years now. I implemented it at the last two jobs I've held, and I feel that they give more bang for the buck than their competitors, hands down.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, their research team seems slow (but this is getting better) in updating media shifts. Also, it can be frustrating when that one member of the media you really want to find isn't in their database.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I first started using Cision when I worked for Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts. I found it to be an invaluable tool. When I went to DG+CO, I convinced them to switch from Meltwater to Cision, and my entire team found the product to be superior. At my current company I am the first in-house publicist they have had, so I requested Cision for my needs here and was able to obtain it. In the four years I have been using Cision, it has only gotten more powerful and more reliable.

I'm using Cision to stay up-to-date with who is writing where. I use their database of members of the media to know whom I should be pitching.

What Media Monitoring solution do you use?

"Worth it!"

What do you like best?

Cision is such an amazing platform for the Public Relations field and has so many helpful tools and resources for anyone looking for updated media contacts and media alerts. They've since changed their site from the old platform and it's a great way to quickly search for contacts in our area. We use Cision for storing our Media Lists and tracking secured coverage. It's been very helpful for keeping our lists organized and stored safely.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how there is an additional cost for uploading each media list. It can get very costly when you want to add a media list for a specific client because you're only allowed so many before they charge you per contact. The bigger the media list, the bigger the cost. In that regard it can get very expensive, especially for small businesses. I wish there were more affordable options for smaller firms of less than 5 people. If Cision can find more affordable packages, that will help beat out competitors like Meltwater and other sources that provide similar services.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are in public relations, it's a must! It's an investment that is essential to the growth of business.

We are solving many problems by using Cision including better organization, better service to our clients and a more streamlined process for accessing media emails that need updating. Services like this are essential if you're needing an email for a major publication and it's such an easy way to find/access that information! We've realized that we have a major benefit because we are able to keep our media lists up-to-date and organized much easier! Especially in the field of public relations, contacts are everything and allow us to reach the right audience and the right media. Outlets have fast turnover rates so it can be challenging to keep tabs on everyone at once, but Cision allows us to do that much better than we could have done otherwise. It's a nice resource for giving clients the best service that they pay for. It's an investment that's worth it in the long run.

Cision Monitoring review by Alexia  Z.
Alexia Z.

"Excellent Client Monitoring"

What do you like best?

Our company uses this program to monitor the coverage we have secured for our clients. Overall, we love how much of a timesaver the process is. As long as you plug in the right keywords, you are alerted when relevant press comes through that you would otherwise have to manually find. Our goal is to provide clients with proof of secured coverage as it hits before they find it themselves. We are doing them a disservice if they find the coverage we secured before our team finds it. We really appreciate the service that Cision Monitoring brings and the email notifications of coverage is probably the best feature because you aren't required to log in to see a summary of the day's news. You are sent what is relevant to you so it's, in a way, like a personalized newsletter sent to your email.

What do you dislike?

It can sometimes miss coverage that Google Alerts catches which can be frustrating considering Google Alerts is a free service and Cision is such a pricey one. I hope that Cision finds a way to really narrow down those keywords to catch a combination of phrases that relate to our clients. The email notifications work great, but it would be even more helpful to have ALL coverage come our way versus a small chunk of what has been published.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's worth a shot just make sure you have your keywords and phrases 100% figured out so you don't miss anything important!

We are solving time management by allowing Cision Monitoring to do the backup work for us. This benefits us in many ways but mostly it allows us to focus on key client relations that strengthen the relationships we have and the references we receive. It's a useful program to have available because it allows us to monitor coverage more effectively and streamline the process so that we aren't spending hours of our time searching for the coverage that Cision can find in seconds.

Cision Monitoring review by Mildred M.
Mildred M.

"A Must Have!"

What do you like best?

Cision is a powerful tool that's easy to navigate. It's the little black media book you want to have with you no matter where you go. As of right now, I find it more valuable than its competitors.

What do you dislike?

Some media contacts are outdated. I understand it's difficult to keep up with everyone, but I'm sure they're working on improving this. Most recently I've been experiencing slowdowns and crashes. Hopefully, this gets resolved soon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sign up for the available pieces of training. They will help you make the most of the software.

I'm using Cision to stay up-to-date with who producing talk shows. I use the database to better target pitching.

Cision Monitoring review by Kayleigh S.
Kayleigh S.

"Cision"

What do you like best?

I like that Cision is easy to use, and allows you to find influencers, journalists and publications that fit into the beat you are looking to target. The platform makes it easy to pull a list including multiple contacts and outlets in the wheelhouse you are looking for.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be hard to find exactly who you are looking for if it is not written or spelled exactly like it is in Cision. I also don't like that some of the contacts do not have emails listed because they "prefer not to be contacted", which I thought that was a main point of Cision.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think Cision is a staple to the PR industry. Sometimes it can be aggravating to find a contact you were looking for only to have their contact information not listed or to find out the contact information is outdated. But, I have also found that Cision has brought new contacts to my attention who ended up being a perfect fit.

In the PR industry, it can be very time consuming to find and contact the right people who cover a certain beat you are interested in working with. Cision does a great job of filtering contacts to help ensure that you are reaching out to the right people about a certain topic.

Cision Monitoring review by Jamie C.
Jamie C.

"Helpful Media Tool"

What do you like best?

I think the best part about Cision is the usability of the media search tool. All of the different search filters and add-ons make it really easy to customize your search in Cision. I mainly used Cision for building and updating media lists and found it very helpful for finding the right contact when I needed it.

What do you dislike?

The thing that I disliked most about using Cision was that when trying to use the search function, it was too easy to lose all of your search settings. There was only one button that would allow you return to your search without losing all of the settings, I found this to be the most frustrating part.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend that new users of Cision use the training video feature because it really allows you to understand the platform before jumping right in. The training video was really helpful in getting my feet wet with Cision and understanding what all of the capabilities of the program were.

I think the key business problem that we were solving with Cision was finding the right media contacts for what we are trying to do. We were able to not only create new lists of contacts for tough subjects, but were able to easily update all of our current lists so that we were not targeting any older media.

Cision Monitoring review by Kelsey M.
Kelsey M.

"Good For Agencies, Unnecessary Features for Small Businesses"

What do you like best?

Their products for social media monitoring are comprehensive! There are so many layers to what you can do with their tools - the analytics dashboard is impressive.

What do you dislike?

Coming from an agency background, having a tool like this TOTALLY makes sense, especially for big, national or international brands/companies. For smaller companies without much buzz online - I'd say pass on this product. If there's not a lot of online chatter about your company, it's not going to be worth it for you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a small business, don't do it. It's not worth the price.

It's been very helpful for gauging positive or negative sentiment around our brand - catching tweets about the org that weren't directed to us, articles I may have missed, reviews, etc.

Cision Monitoring review by Troy B.
Troy B.

"Great distribution for News Releases"

What do you like best?

I really like that you can get a large variety of news releases sent directly to your inbox.

What do you dislike?

Even though I can get news releases directly to my inbox, the key words are not great. Certain key words aren't identified properly. For example, I have entertainment industry news as a category and I regularly get things with little to no correlation to my chosen industry. I get political, or financial releases from schools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend the money if you can, it might be worth it.

Gets the news I want, it has made me realize that I need

Cision Monitoring review by Janelle A.
Janelle A.

"Monitoring for Improvement"

What do you like best?

Ease of use

Tracking/Accessibility

Finding contact information

Customer support

What do you dislike?

Sometimes navigating the site to find contact info can be overwhelming depending on how the sources are grouped into specific categories or for example if you type in a specific word, any contact info with that word in it will pop up.

Some content is missing

Uploading can take a lot of time

Could use some updates visually

We are tracking complaints to better assist our clients & determine which departments need more training.

Customer feedback in terms of pricing versus competitors

Target customers

Cision Monitoring review by Hayley D.
Hayley D.

"Lots of content, need to improve monitoring services"

What do you like best?

Their special features, like Cision City, and the extensiveness of the coverage they pull. They also have fairly accurate reach numbers that help in reporting.

What do you dislike?

Trying to pull reports or tag media. I find it very difficult to search through the media coverage when I'm looking for coverage about a specific campaign. They also missed a lot of relevant media coverage, for example BlogTO in Toronto.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend considering what you're going to use it for mainly. If you're trying to do reports or social analytics I would suggest seeking out other options, but if you are just monitoring media with it go ahead!

We used it for media monitoring, using the newswire, and pulling media reports for campaigns. It was beneficial in the amount of coverage it pulled and its extensive news lists.

Cision Monitoring review by Lucas W.
Lucas W.

"Transitioned to Cision from Vocus"

What do you like best?

Access to tens of thousands of journalists is supremely useful for a PR company. It also does a great job of tracking insights like tone and monitoring where your organization appears in the news.

What do you dislike?

The Interface can be clunky. Contact information for reporters is frequently outdated. The software is also very expensive and customer service is difficult to deal with in my experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly reccomend Cision to public relations groups looking to track analytics and send mass, organized emails.

We used Cision to send out weekly email "blasts" to hundreds, sometimes thousands, of reporters. It was definitely useful in categorizing what content certain reporters covered to send appropriate blasts. We got many good relationships out of this software.

Cision Monitoring review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Writing and Editing
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Writing and Editing

"Despite its flaws, Cision is still the only media contact and list building platform I use"

What do you like best?

I use Cision for any a d all research on media contacts. More importantly, it’s the only platform to find useful and actionable contact information for media professionals, which ensures against spamming. Furthermore, it allow some me to identify specific industry and thematically related media outlets and professionals, as well as their locations and beats, which increases pitching win rates. Simply put, it is the first place I start when I’m pitching content.

What do you dislike?

As is the case with any media contact database, verifying information can be an issue. While rarely inaccurate, sometimes the contact information is not up to date. Therefore, I think Cision requires a certain amount of industry experience, and patience, in order to know how to sort through accurate and inaccurate information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Cision as the starting point for all media outlet research and list building. But it is best used in combination with other programs.

Where to start? Cision helps me find media outlets and professionals on one convenient platform with the click of a button, which allows me to establish relationships with contacts in which I would have never thought to reach out. Perhaps more importantly, I can access outreach data and subject matter information, enabling me to source and contact only the most relevant media outlets. Above all, Cision saves time and pays for itself.

Cision Monitoring review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"Cision"

What do you like best?

Cision's media database is one of the best around. It contains over 100,000 media, influencer and blog contacts updated regularly and easy to search. They provide the best contact database in the industry and their database of editorial calendars makes pitching seamless. Their technical support is easy to deal with a quite responsive.

What do you dislike?

The price is really expensive and at times the software can seem a little bulky. They have a lot of features which you will probably never utilize but they are comprehensive in trying to anticipate any tool you might ever need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a reliable updated source of media contacts then this product is for you. It is a must have for any large scale enterprise PR service.

Cision monitoring allows you to monitor your press coverage throughout their network. It saves and keeps you alerted to any mentions from media sources including tv, print, and internet.

Cision Monitoring review by User

"Great Onboarding, Simple Interface"

What do you like best?

The team that onboards you to Cision is one of the best I've encountered. We've tried a number of competitors and Cision is the best combination of simple and powerful that I've seen across the spectrum.

What do you dislike?

Cision, like most other products structured the way Cision is, doesn't offer broad social listening - there's no 'what's trending now' feature. Likewise, Cision is limited in your ability to think of what you want to keep tabs on. For example, we want to keep tabs on celebrity mothers - but doing so via keyword is tedious and comes back with false hits as often as not.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Add a trending function - similar to Twitter's top trends. This is a simple addition that will make tons of your users happier.

We keep an eye on our media. As an international organization with projects under different brand names and different countries, Cision makes it easy for us to monitor anything that is written about our organization. We get daily digest emails, and have a simple interface that helps us construct reports whenever we need them.

"Cision is great!"

What do you like best?

Cision is great for initial research and allows me to find all types of contacts, publications and news sources for pitching.

What do you dislike?

When researching a publication name or contact name, if you type it in incorrectly, it wont pop up so you have to make sure that all spelling is accurate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that media contacts and outlets are up-to-date. I don't always have the time to update my media lists and occasionally, I receive bounce backs or emails stating that the contact no longer is with the publication.

We are able to find the right industry publications to pitch for client news and secure coverage.

Cision Monitoring review by User

"Great for smaller agencies"

What do you like best?

Fairly organized and easy to use. Worked really well for our small PR agency which had multiple clients in different sectors so we could keep everything clean and organized. The training and support offered was really great, too.

What do you dislike?

Wish there were some more features but overall very useful for small PR team and nothing major is missing functionality wise.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really take advantage of the training and support offered, it's extremely helpful and will give you a leg up, especially in the agency setting.

Cision worked really well for our small PR agency which had multiple clients in different sectors so we could keep everything clean and organized with multiple lists. Cision really helped streamline our workflow even though we were all working on different things at one time - really helpful when you're having a news crisis and it's all hands on deck.

Cision Monitoring review by Pete T.
Pete T.

"Media clips and tracking are exceptional"

What do you like best?

In 2015, we led a primary client on an exhaustive review (that repeats every three years) of available media tracking platforms, including print, digital, broadcast and social media outlets. Cision may be the biggest player in the market and some would say that makes a company slow to respond. On the contrary, we found CIsion's online platform highly usable, customizable and effective -- not to mention they were price competitive. During the past year, their customer service has also been quite good. Tracking and analyzing media sources is a rapidly evolving business and the players change frequently, so I always recommend shopping carefully for what you need. Based on our experience, Cision should be on your short list.

What do you dislike?

Not a dislike so much as a recommendation. The platform has so many features that it can be difficult to narrow down what is needed whenever a special project pops up. So a dedicated service rep who understand the clients needs immediately would be helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely go through the demo process and compare with other vendor offerings.

Monitoring media reach and reaction to programs and issues of importance to our client. Results are quickly delivered and analysis is readily available.

User in Public Relations and Communications

"Great platform for PR professionals"

What do you like best?

Cision is the go to platform for PR professionals. It has all contacts, ability to create lists, find calendars, opportunities, plan pitches... Has everything you need.

What do you dislike?

Cision can be a little outdated. Finding the right publication can be annoying if you don't type it in exactly right. There is so much the platform can do, but daunting to figure out how to use it all. I don't ever see or talk to our cision rep.

When working in PR, cision solves everything. Finding the right fit of publications, finding the right journalist, finding emails... It is exactly what you need.

Cision Monitoring review by User in Online Media
User in Online Media

"Take control of marketing & social media"

What do you like best?

The influencer search allows users to search in real time what influencers are talking about. Streams is really useful for monitoring social and traditional media in one view. The analytics feature is more advanced as well which really helps in tracking/measuring KPIs.

What do you dislike?

Im on the fence about how precise reach is as a measurement tool or share of voice. It would be nice to know if there is a distinction from an errant click, three second view or a complete interaction with the content.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great product for content distribution (i use for press releases) as well as for research. The measurement tools are customizable to your needs with charts and dashboards that are perfect for presentations.

Mostly influencer outreach. Pushing press releases to influencers who may be interested in the subject matter. Cision is really great for this research. It consolodates information so i dont need to search multiple platforms.

User in Public Relations and Communications

"Cision — A decent software for PR pros"

What do you like best?

Cision is wonderful because it takes a lot of the legwork out of normally time-consuming tasks like building media lists and researching past coverage. It has a powerful search engine full of media outlets, media personnel, and even bloggers/influencers that make a PR pro's life a lot easier.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately, the more I have used Cision the more I realize that information is rather frequently out-of-date, so you end up having to cross-check the media contacts you find with another website anyway—which only saves a little bit of time in the long run. The media monitoring service also doesn' always locate the clips necessary, so you spend additional time looking that could be better spent on other tasks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Thoroughly research Cision to ensure it has all of the capabilities that you are looking for in a product.

We use Cision to track nearly all of our media coverage for clients instead of compiling summaries by hand — it is a real life-saver at times. The PR analytics within Cision also allow us to tie ROI-related outcomes to our PR methods.

User in Public Relations and Communications

"Cision allows for easy media monitoring "

What do you like best?

I use CIsion for media monitoring for the University I work for. Cision allows for me to easily find and compile news stories and media results that I can send out to followers in a daily email.

What do you dislike?

I often experience bugs and glitches on Cision, which extends the process out, making me lose valuable time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cision is a great and reliable tool for easily finding and compiling news stories. I use this daily for media monitoring for the university I work for, and have had only a few minor glitches with the system. Cision allows me to get very specific in searches, even down to the date and time I am looking for stories.

Cision helps me to get the word out about my university in a simple way. Instead of having to search through all news results, I can find and compile them all on one simple site.

Cision Monitoring review by User in Publishing
User in Publishing

"New Cision Platform - Looks pretty, but less functional"

What do you like best?

The new Cision app platform is much more user friendly and intuitive. The platform looks nicer and is faster, and incorporates new functionality that can replace other social monitoring platforms like Muckrack if it works well.

What do you dislike?

The new features are not applicable for all media types and seem a bit underdeveloped (ex. word clouds for media profiles include "the", "and", etc.) I am also missing some features that I used frequently, such as Arbitron ratings for radio stations. I work in a very large company, so I really need a functionality for private lists, which I don't believe exists. The ability to engage on social via the platform is also not practical for a large company.

Finding new media contacts, updating media lists

Cision Monitoring review by Administrator

"Cision - Expensive for a Nonprofit, but Worth It"

What do you like best?

We have tried a number of media databases, and Cision is by far the best. It is up-to-date, and the customer service is top notch. We also like that we can not only find the contact information for reporters, but we can also get information about how to best pitch a reporter.

What do you dislike?

For a small nonprofit, the cost is very high. Otherwise, there aren't negatives.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely go with Cision. It is the gold standard!

Being able to find reporter contact information very easily.

Cision Monitoring review by Executive Sponsor in Computer Software
Executive Sponsor in Computer Software

"Very expensive for what is on offer, which is very little"

What do you like best?

We really liked the idea of Cision and the sales pitch was very good, and even the demo showed off only the best bits, then we got access to the product tools and it falls very short of the glitzy offering that was pitched. If you do not know a lot about social media marketing then this tool set might seem very good, but there is nothing here you can do for free. Not worth the money

What do you dislike?

The tools fall short of being what was promised and the news wire offering is terrible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be very careful not worth the money, we will not be renewing

We were tryign to solve social media marketi8ng, but failed to do this with the cision offering

Cision Monitoring review by Max B.
Max B.

"Amazing media research software."

What do you like best?

This is my absolute standby for determining viable media contacts and monitoring real-time coverage. I've gone through quite a few and keep coming back to Cision because of the ease in creating filters to geotarget news reports, and the ability to bring in large numbers of other users to custom lists for their own use. Cision is also one of the few programs I've used that has a functional integrated press release platform without extra fees.

What do you dislike?

Needs to be a bit more user-friendly in list-building - I find myself continually using their (great) Live Help Chat, and attending refresher courses for how to build, save and utilize lists. The difficulty of conducting a search for a specific list of journalists, and then building a list from a subset seems unnecessary given how fluid most of the search and media monitoring is.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely take advantage of the live help they offer, and the many free trainings for advanced uses like developing multiple country-based lists.

The use of project groups to determine which user has access to which lists is also not intuitive at first, and requires a walkthrough from Cision staff.

I conduct media outreach entirely through Cision, using the platform to identify relevant journalists and conduct direct engagement through e-mail and phone. Even when I am simply monitoring media, I find the ability to create reports and export them to my team to be an incredibly time-saving way of sharing clips and following trending stories.

Cision Monitoring review by Victoria B.
Victoria B.

" Cision Review"

What do you like best?

I work for a think tank so its imporant for hs to know when our scholars are mentioned in the media. I like that Cision will send me emails when my think tank or scholars are mentioned in articles, videos, etc. so I don’t have to spend time seeking them out.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes Cision is inaccurate and will send me emails that does not involve my company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

N/a

We benefit from Cision because we are anle to see the distribution of influence of our sholars in the media.

Cision Monitoring review by Alexis G.
Alexis G.

"Too expensive"

What do you like best?

I honestly used Cision and Meltwater and have NO idea why metlwater is so much cheaper-- is it because Cision is a "brand name" and Meltwater is a start up or less known? They the do EXACT same thing but one is WAY cheaper and its not Cision.

What do you dislike?

The Price! Way too much money -- big money for not a whole lot of bang

Recommendations to others considering the product

get a cheaper product or offer cheaper services! good product but too expensive, not unique enough in the market to be selling it for so much (free product galore people can use instead of this)

It does solves amazing PR and marketing problems. It is a good software just very pricey and not cheap.

User in Public Relations and Communications

"Old and new Cision products differ - the newer version is worth the investment."

What do you like best?

Our agency uses both the older and the newer versions of the program. I much prefer the newer edition.

The newer interface links easily to outlet information and seems to have more complete circulation/UMV information. The newer interface also has more advanced and comprehensive searching capabilities.

What do you dislike?

Information is occasionally out of date and requires time-consuming manual verification. The older interface is clumsy and not easy to use.

Cison is the first place I go to look for circulation information and audience type.

Cision Monitoring review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Lots of options but high price tag"

What do you like best?

The Cision system has offered us media monitoring, access to a national media database, and the ability to send releases electronically. All the features are user friendly, intuitive and effective.

What do you dislike?

As a nonprofit organization that doesn’t use the platform with the frequency or reach of a private sector company, we would like a deeper discount for the service.

There has been a great deal of turn over with our account representatives as well, unfortunately.

Cision helps organization stay on top of their brand in the media, including on social media. Cision allows access to background and contact information for media contacts. There are many benefits to Cision if you can afford the annual subscription.

Cision Monitoring review by Nancy B.
Nancy B.

"I love Cision/Vocus!"

What do you like best?

Cision has helped make my job so much easier, the reporting is custom to my liking and my account rep Brett Spivey is excellent in customer service and meeting the needs of my organization. The pricing is even perfect! I would highly recommend Cision for their customer service, pricing, reporting and ESPECIALLY their Press Release aspect.

What do you dislike?

I used to dislike my reports because they were hard on the eyes and not too mobile friendly but since Brett and I discussed exactly what I needed and wanted, the reporting is even better now than I expected!

Thank you Cision!

Recommendations to others considering the product

When we had Meltwater I was still using Google News & Alerts, with Vocus/Cision, I do not even go near those things anymore. Definitely worth it, trust you will love it and they are only getting better!

We are finding out more information on the exact things we are looking for due to Vocus media/Ciion reports. We are also in the eye of the media now due to their great PR WEBB Press Releases.

Cision Monitoring review by Laura B.
Laura B.

"Great tool for media monitoring, distribution and list-building, but could use some updates"

What do you like best?

Cision is incredibly useful at finding and pulling coverage from TV, print, and internet outlets across the county. It has the ability to filter the coverage based on a subscription topic as well as other filters including DMA (very awesome), city, region, news type, outlet, etc. This makes it a great tool for making news coverage reports by hand, and it also has the ability to generate beautiful coverage reports on its own--great for showing the impact of PR efforts to management. I also like the ability to search for specific contacts or outlets and know that it is fairly accurate, or at least a good starting point to look for reporters for pitching and media list building purposes. We predominantly also use it to distribute press releases, which is a very easy task and for the most part, formats well.

What do you dislike?

The main draw to Cision is the outdated contact information and lack of updates. Many times, I've had email bouncebacks, where it appears the contact listed for a particular outlet (say, travel feature writer/editor) is no longer with the outlet. If there was a way that Cision would more accurately monitor who works at what outlet, and update outlet contacts so that I may add them to my own lists, that would be great. Additionally, it does not appear that Cision pulls any radio (or at least, none that I have searched for and been able to find). That's a little disappointing, as we often do radio interviews that we know happened and were live, but are unable to find it or listen to it anywhere through Cision.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to do your own independent research on media contacts to supplement Cision, as it is not always accurate or up to date.

I've realized the benefits to consistently updated and regularly monitoring media lists and coverage. Through Cision, we're able to somewhat measure the impact of our PR efforts, as well as keep a pretty good tab on our media mentions and be able to adjust our messaging and targeting accordingly.

Cision Monitoring review by Matthew L.
Matthew L.

"Decent Social Listening Option with Some Drawb"

What do you like best?

No limit on number of queries allowed in workspace.

The "Analyze" tab has some neat features like analyzing differentiating terms between different queries and share of voice.

No limits on bulk exports.

Culls from a variety of different social sources with Twitter firehose access for 25 searches (you might be allocated more under other tiers, not sure).

Very good customer service.

What do you dislike?

Interface can be clunky and unintuitive. Word clouds often don't generate.

Many of the graphs it generates aren't very useful and often don't have any axes.

Not really many options for flashy data outputs like some other more expensive social listening platforms.

One downside to unlimited bulk exports is exports can be bogged down by other Visible accounts pulling tons of large reports.

Poor sentiment analysis, even taking into account that no platform is going to do that particularly well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's definitely serviceable and a good value for its price.

Understanding share of voice and identifying consumer insights.

Cision Monitoring review by Scott T.
Scott T.

"Broadcast Monitoring that Fits My Needs"

What do you like best?

I get daily results that are scrubbed to eliminate much of the chatter that can show up in a word-search and I have the ability to tag those results for tone and category.

What do you dislike?

The tagging process can be time consuming. Bulk tagging does help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Every platform has its strengths. Cision fits my needs very well, balancing the features I need while keeping my costs low. I'm not paying for a bunch of cool features that I don't and won't use. You'll know whether it's a best fit for you by doing comparisons on features, coverage and cost.

Using Cision means we don't have to record four stations' newscasts and personally review them. It also allows us to track some radio coverage that we otherwise would have missed.

Cision Monitoring review by Administrator

"A highly valuable tool that evolves with the times"

What do you like best?

The solution is simple, yet able to go deep into monitoring and insights.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes a feature will not work, but support is able to quickly resolve. Their customer service and support teams are legendary.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a constantly evolving platform/technology. I surpassed our expectations and experiences, compared to Factiva and Meltwater, other competitors in the space that we used in the past.

Content ROI, deeper monitoring in both tradition and social media universes.

Cision Monitoring review by User

"Really great for finding leads"

What do you like best?

Cision has been an extremely useful platform for our business, as it has provided us an avenue to finding leads to reach out to at various publications, including their contact information and useful tips about their presence in the news, on twitter, and their audience.

What do you dislike?

Some emails that we need to find aren't in the Cision database, however, customer support is extremely helpful and has personally researched into finding leads that we need that weren't readily available in the database.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Utilize your account executive, who will help you to get everything you need out of the product.

Lead generation, email generation.

Cision Monitoring review by Administrator

"Everyone I need in PR at my fingertips"

What do you like best?

After getting used to the platform, Cision makes it very easy to connect with the people that I need to in my PR efforts.

What do you dislike?

It's sometimes a little difficult to navigate back and forth when I'm working on something.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely take advantage of the initial setup that the support team walks you through.

Easy connections to reviewers, freelancers, etc. in specific categories.

Cision Monitoring review by James R.
James R.

"Great stuff"

What do you like best?

The ability to see what's going on in the community and to track mentions of specific keywords.

What do you dislike?

The Visible Intelligence tool is ugly and is out-dated. There's too many screens between the front page and the data. The data isn't organized in an easy to read layout and I have to click around to find what I need.

I prefer to use Spredfast and RivalIQ for my metrics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look for alternatives. The visible intelligence tool isn't user friendly and looks like a website from 1990. The tools and UX aren't on par with the competition.

Keeping an eye on mentions throughout both off and online. The customer support is also good.

Keyword tracking is also a useful function.

Cision Monitoring review by Kelsey S.
Kelsey S.

"Pretty easy to use and learn"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Cision is how easy it is to specify your search to exactly what you need. I like that I am able to easily narrow down my results by not only outlet type, but geographic location and influence rank.

What do you dislike?

What frustrates me is having to select outlet or person every time I search, should I not be able to search both at the same time? It was also complicated to learn all the various ways of searching information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think Cision is the most complete and useful monitoring software available on the market. It is definitely the most credible and widely used - I was taught Cision in some of my PR classes in University.

I use Cision to identify reporters and verify information such as emails, phone numbers, and proper outlet titles.

"Adequate"

What do you like best?

Has a good amount of contacts and outlets available - is more up to date now than it used to be

What do you dislike?

You have to type the outlet or contact name exactly for it to show up in the search bar. For example, if you type in "News Medical" instead of "News-Medical", you won't get the proper results

Media targeting

Cision Monitoring review by Eileen B.
Eileen B.

"Solid product for content marketing and audience identification/engagement"

What do you like best?

Viralheat is easy to use. I've used plenty of products over the past 7 years from something as simple as Hootsuite's free version to something as complex as Radian6's enterprise version. I'm a tech savvy person and most of the products in the past have required me to go to some sort of learning portal or "university" to understand how to use the tool. This defeats the purpose of having a tool that makes my job easier, especially when I have to take time out of my day to train myself and others how to use the tool.

Viralheat's friendly UI allows me to quickly identify key influencers in my audience, find and engage with users who are talking about topics important to me, and identify the kind of content my target audience is looking for. All of this contributes to greater productivity on my end.

What do you dislike?

If I had to pinpoint an area that needs improvement, it would be in reports. While they look great and provide me with the data and info I'm looking for, I'd like to be able to customize them to my liking so they can fit my presentation style better. For example, I'd like to rearrange graphs or perhaps just download certain charts and statistics to export.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Viralheat is great for companies who do not want to juggle multiple tools to handle their marketing initiatives. While Viralheat offers a social media management tool, there are extra bonuses for people other than social media coordinators/managers. Demand gen, content marketing, and product marketing can also benefit from the insights so if your team works closely on integrated marketing campaigns, this is a great tool to consider.

Viralheat helps me solve a handful of problems. The first is efficiency and time. Social media is an important part of the business strategy today, but it is also one of the most time consuming aspects when trying to search manually. For example, if I want to find influencers talking about a subject important to me, the manual route is tedious because I have to weed through non-influencers as well. Viralheat's influencer identification and topic profile set up allow me to indicate the subjects important to me and delivers the top influencers talking about it. I can then engage with those influencers to begin the conversation and lay the foundation for a relationship. As for content marketing, Viralheat makes hot/trending content easy to spot. This helps me focus the direction of my content calendar.

Cision Monitoring review by Emily W.
Emily W.

"Viralheat takes social media & content marketing programs to the next level"

What do you like best?

We have millions of students and thousands of instructors engaging with us from around the world on everything from Facebook to Twitter to their personal blogs. We needed a tool to help us monitor these conversations, publish and analyze content, as well as seamlessly forward support requests to our support team. Overall, Viralheat has simplified the management of our entire social media program on a day-to-day basis, and has enabled us to increase the impact of our content through analytics tools.

What do you dislike?

There are a couple added features that my team is waiting on to optimize our use of the tool even further, such as access to closed Facebook groups, but Viralheat has been very open and willing to incorporate our requests into the product, and communicative as to the status of the updates.

Through our Viralheat use we realized that while we have a large social following, there was a big opportunity to increase our engagement rates. With Viralheat we're able to more closely monitor conversations and insert ourselves in a meaningful way by publishing content that is optimized for engagement. This month alone we increased our engagement rate by 35 percent.

Cision Monitoring review by Tim C.
Tim C.

"Supercharge your social media activities with Viralheat!"

What do you like best?

I've been a Viralheat user since the it was a pilot in beta, back in 2009, if memory serves. It's come a long way since then. Today's Viralheat packs an amazing amount of technology under the hood: the same 'big data' crunching that set it apart from everything else when it launched 5 years ago, but now with even more refinement and power with respect to defining searches and reports. Topic profiles are a convenient way to monitor and report on a different aspects of any company's social media activities. Reporting is an area in which Viralheat particularly excels. Most clients are not going to want to trudge through stats; they want to see trend lines and the salient elements that are driving the trends. The previews I've seen of new features soon to be launched are also very encouraging.

What do you dislike?

Like any powerful enterprise suite, it takes a while to master and to derive the best results. Plan on investing your time in training so you can get the most out of it. Viralheat provides good web-based tutorials and webcasts on specific topics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider investing time up front in training.

Executing and tracking social media programs for ZingPR clients, and providing metrics on performance. The primary benefit is time saved to deliver extremely detailed metrics that can be quickly understood.

Cision Monitoring review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Cision Review"

What do you like best?

The online interface is pretty easy to use and the tools catch much more online content than I'm able to collect manually.

What do you dislike?

We've been unable to capture all of our traditional media placements - particularly broadcast and print placements - using Cision. We still require additional tracking services and some manual tracking in order to capture the majority of our monthly media placements.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Because I do not utilize the analytics tools - only the monitoring tools - I can't provide an in depth analysis of the direction Cision is moving in. In terms of providing media monitoring, I do feel Cision can still improve. We've never been able to get all of our keywods synced up in a way that also captures our local broadcast coverage which is sometimes frustrating and requires us to use multiple monitoring services based on the various types of media we would like to monitor.

We're able to provide a more comprehensive look at our media from month to month, as well as get an overview of our competitors media through the Cision tools.

Cision Monitoring review by Administrator in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
Administrator in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"Marketing Platform for the Heavy Duty Lifting Industry"

What do you like best?

My contact at Cision is knowledgeable, attentive to our business needs, and responsive in a very timely manner. He (Andres Garcia) is great to work with!

What do you dislike?

With our previous contract (which was actually via Vocus), I disliked that we were limited to 2 press releases per month, and were unable to carry over into a future month or "borrow" from a future month. This issue has been remedied with the new terms brought forth by Cision.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Rely on your account manager to explain the process for you. The website can be difficult to navigate, especially if you are new to press release distribution. My account manager walks me through the processes clearly and in a way easy to understand.

We are in the heavy duty lifting industry. We lift large vehicles such as busses, tractor trailers, etc. We have had difficulty getting our name and brand out there. Cision has afforded us nationwide visibility.

Cision Monitoring review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Nonprofit Finds Success with Cision Monitoring"

What do you like best?

Our nonprofit utilizes the print, Internet and broadcast monitoring software Cision has to offer with ease. We also distribute news releases via Cision's vast contact database. When it comes to monitoring, We have found that Cision's platform catches many news items we would not normally be able to by simply contacting the media and requesting the clips ourselves. The platform allows us to download and edit broadcast clips to keep in our own portfolio easily and affordably.

What do you dislike?

In recent months, our broadcast clips have been lining up slightly off from the end of the clips. For example, the interview will still be about 5 seconds from ending, but the preview clip available won't include that information.

There are many benefits to using Cision. We have thousands of contacts at our fingertips which we wouldn't have otherwise. As a statewide nonprofit, it is very important to us that we reach every county with the information we have to share. As difficult as it is to find the contacts at both small and large news outlets, it is just as difficult to keep track of monitoring across the board, especially during our extremely active months. Cision makes that possible for us.

Cision Monitoring review by Administrator in Consumer Goods
Administrator in Consumer Goods

"Cision is great! "

What do you like best?

I love when you can look up potential impression numbers of publications. It helps us understand the scope and reach of each contact we deal with as a product company.

We also really like that we can find opportunities available to us, or contacts on the spot as we need it.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that sometimes the publications aren't the most up-to-date. I wish they were required to maintain it with the most accurate information. We've contacted people before who didn't even know they were on Cision, assuming a ex-employee added them and didn't transfer that knowledge when they left.

We also struggle with using the monitoring in the database. The emails they send are absolutely wonderful and we use those majority of the time. The platform could use some updating to make it a little more read-friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think cision is a great first step in a lot of different processes for a company. Press releases, social, contacting publications, media listening, etc. Sometimes we find resources outside of Cision, but if were to start a project or looking for a quick answer we usually start with this platform.

Like mentioned above, we use it a lot to learn more about media who reaches out to us. We also use it for press release distribution and working through who to send our company announcements to.

It also has helped us find influencers on social, or find the correct social handles of businesses, editors, publications and more. We like that Cision can be our first resource before we have to go somewhere else to do some more digging. If they could find a solution for the data, contact, and impression management that would solve all our issues.

Cision Monitoring review by Jason O.
Jason O.

"Viralheat is highly recommended for your enterprise"

What do you like best?

We use Viralheat across three different departments: marcom (marketing, pr, social), sales (lead generation and identification), and customer success (engagement with customers). Viralheat offers a ton of features for each of our teams and though we all use it in a different way, it's really easy for us to communicate and collaborate with each other. Our efficiency rate has definitely gone up.

What do you dislike?

Because we use this tool across three different departments, it would be great if we could customize the reports and dashboards per each user or department. Right now they are standardized.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your business uses social media across different departments then take a look at Viralheat. Make sure you ask the sales team specifically how Viralheat can address the needs of other departments in your business. We initially evaluated the tool for our marcom team only but quickly realized that sales and customer success could benefit from using Viralheat. Ask for a custom demo - the sales team is great and will do their best to show you exactly how the tool can fit your setup.

Viralheat offers us the most features for the lowest TCO (total cost of ownership). When we were evaluating tools we realized that Viralheat could give us all that we needed in one subscription instead of us having to learn to use and purchase 2+ tools. This makes our team much more efficient as we have eliminated a lot of the back and forth we used to have.

Cision Monitoring review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Used briefly, but found it effective."

What do you like best?

The amount of filters you can select when using the search feature actually blew me away. You could literally narrow it down to the tee.

What do you dislike?

I actually found the platform somewhat difficult to use, and was not successful when trying to find any FAQ's or an easy support center.

When you're doing business in just one part of the country without any external contacts it's difficult to find other local PR firms and agencies and news outlets. This made it easy to find these companies as well as a POC.

Cision Monitoring review by Agency in Public Relations and Communications
Agency in Public Relations and Communications

"Excellent resource, but needs some improvements"

What do you like best?

The product is very intuitive and allows me to monitor coverage for multiple clients. The customizable columns and excel export allows me to create robust media reports.

What do you dislike?

Over the last few months, I've noticed that Cision is not capturing all the media coverage for my clients.I have to use Google alerts in conjunction with Cision, to prevent from missing articles.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great product and makes tagging client mentions in new articles easy as 1,2 ,3.

The ease of no longer having to manually track new clips. I greatly appreciate the superb customer service at Cision.

Cision Monitoring review by Brandie A.
Brandie A.

"Intuitive, comprehensive, and powerful "

What do you like best?

I started using viralheat back when they had a free version available online. I was using it for basic publishing, and keeping my customer base/followers (I run a small consulting company) informed and engaged. The product was fast, extremely easy to use, and really powerful. The support was also top-notch.

More recently, I introduced Viralheat to the non-profit where I sit on the BOD. They had a significantly larger following, and definitely more sophisticated needs for fund raising, networking and informing. In the last year, Viralheat launched an enterprise or business version, and this provided both publishing and listening capabilities a business. It also came with some very powerful and insightful analytics, that the team didn't find in other solutions they had trialed/reviewed.

In the end, we moved forward with Viralheat based on it overall comprehensive capabilities, strong support/account management and still overall affordability. We did receive a discount as a non-profit.

What do you dislike?

My own personal/business needs were fairly straight-forward, so as a user I was up and running very quickly.

However, I could see an enterprise or business feeling a bit overwhelmed by the comprehensive capability of the platform/tool. It has the combined functionality of several simple tools like hootsuite, radian6, and spredfast combined into one platform and interface.

However, Viralheat has a great customer success/onboarding program and made sure that the team was trained, and capable of using all of the amazing features. They also have a regular on-going strategist who can work with more sophisticated users to get even more value out of the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you get a complete demonstration of the product - It has so many hidden features and capabilities.

For me a simple engagement with my customers/users.

For the non-profit it was incredibly important from crisis management, identifying/reaching new members.

Cision Monitoring review by Courtney B.
Courtney B.

"Viralheat is a great tool for those in HR"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Viralheat is its ease of use. Viralheat offers many different features and options, but it's always easily accessible and intuitive. This kind of setup makes our day smoother as we've incorporated it into our daily activities.

What do you dislike?

There are times when there's a slight lag in alerts or updates but not enough to be a cause for concern.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out a weekly demo then ask for a custom demo if you have more questions. We started by seeing what their overall offering was then decided to learn a little bit more through a custom demo. It's a great way to see off the bat if the product is a good fit for your business model.

We use Viralheat for HR purposes and it's made a lot of our daily activities a lot easier to manage. We use Viralheat for three main things: 1) to monitor how employees are talking about our company and their positions; 2) to announce new job openings; and 3) to research potential employees. Having a tool that allows us to take care of all three of our needs is a big plus.

Cision Monitoring review by Greg S.
Greg S.

"No brainer for the restaurant business"

What do you like best?

Intuitive, saves time and is easy to set up. Up and running with analytics in less than an hour. Back in the day when the pompous big-city, inflated ego restaurant critics roamed the earth with a bag of lightning bolts—in that long lost era when print ruled and people read newspapers and had no say about their restaurant experiences, yelp was a sound a small dog made. Now, reviews can make or break a restaurant in the amount of time it takes to say "check please". I have been using this solution for over two years and it is a must have. The ability to create topic profiles and monitor mentions of Ozumo and measure brand sentiment are crucial. More importantly, I can also create profiles that allow me to analyze our competitors which is really important to our management team.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to customize the reports before exporting them. I can actually manipulate the data once in excel but it would be nice to control from the dashboard.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great solution for teams that have various roles and responsibilities in regards to social media marketing. Extremely easy to set up and is very intuitive and enables users to manage monitoring and publishing across multiple platforms as well as provide the analytics needed to measure ROI.

Back in the day when the pompous big-city, inflated ego restaurant critics roamed the earth with a bag of lightning bolts—in that long lost era when print ruled and people read newspapers and had no say about their restaurant experiences, yelp was a sound a small dog made. Now, reviews can make or break a restaurant in the amount of time it takes to say "check please". I have been using this solution for over two years and it is a must have. The ability to create topic profiles and monitor mentions of Ozumo and measure brand sentiment are crucial. More importantly, I can also create profiles that allow me to analyze our competitors. Being able to engage with customers through our social channels on one platform is invaluable.

"Great Resource!"

What do you like best?

I love that I can search for media contact info to use for pitching and reaching relevant media contacts.

What do you dislike?

This is such a helpful resource and I can't think of anything I don't like!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely a valuable resource!

I can easily and quickly find media contact information.

Cision Monitoring review by Alex S.
Alex S.

"Excellent tool to tie social marketing with your overall marketing efforts"

What do you like best?

Being able to organize the posts around themes and building a calendar around each channel. Also, being able to go beyond engagement and measure consumer sentiment around our efforts. Sentiment is a better measure of success for our efforts than engagement.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to reference in the native platform (e.g. LinkedIn, Facebook) the name of companies or users referenced in a post. The other is not being able to embed images natively. (e.g. Image attached to a post on ViralHeat shows up as a url link on the native platform). Some of these issues may be related to the available features on LinkedIn and Facebook APIs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to schedule a demo with the team before you get your implementation done. It will help make the setup easier.

Aligning our social media calendar to our marketing themes and then managing the execution of our social media and content marketing calendars.

Cision Monitoring review by Samantha L.
Samantha L.

"life saver for recruiting"

What do you like best?

This is a multi-platform solution and I can reach out to candidates through all of our social channels. I can also see how effective different campaigns are and when I combine google analytics with Viralheat, I am able to track all the way from initial engagement to extending an offer.

What do you dislike?

Would be great to combine all of the reporting so we could see everything in one place but it isn't a deal killer

Recommendations to others considering the product

go through the demo so you know how to set things up and do some research on your search terms so you can set your topic profiles up correctly

I run the University outreach program and so everyone I talk to is in their final year of college and making sure I can communicate with them in a way that works for them is very beneficial. I also need to keep up to date on industry news, especially our competitors. Monitoring what our competitors are doing is crucial to the success of our department.

Cision Monitoring review by Jessica S.
Jessica S.

"Great service, easy to use and a game changer for social media."

What do you like best?

A very intuitive platform that took no time to get started. It helps tie data between my enterprise solutions (eg Salesforce). The sentiment analysis, demographic data, and reporting have been game changing for social media strategy.

They have rolled out new features since I have started using the product and I am hopeful that this software will continue to evolve and be an integral part of optimizing my social media campaigns.

What do you dislike?

By not having historical data, it limits the analysis. However as time goes on, this is less of a problem. (I recommend getting set up asap so you dont miss out on data).

I would also like to see more enterprise software integration.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sign up for a Demo. Seeing this tool in action will allow you to see how it will make your social media campaigns easier and more effective.

It allows me to look at all my social media performance in one platform, which saves time (and money). I can react quicker and have more insights than what I have with only using the Social Media interfaces.

Cision Monitoring review by Olga L.
Olga L.

"I grew my wellness practice with Viralheat!"

What do you like best?

Viralheat is extremely user friendly. The short setup and onboarding time was important to me. It didn’t take more than an hour to have my business up and ready to go in Viralheat versus the days/weeks it would have taken me if I had chosen a different product. The product is easy to navigate and very intuitive.

What do you dislike?

I don’t dislike anything about the tool so far. But I also have yet to really dive into all of its features (particularly reporting and analytics) - I don’t anticipate having troubles here either based on my experience so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Viralheat offers a lot of great features. I have yet to use all that they offer but plan on doing so as we develop a more detailed marketing plan in the future. Make sure that you ask about the features available to you so you can take advantage of all the capabilities.

In my field, spending time with our patients and clients is integral. However, I also understand that social media is important to businesses so finding a tool that would help me manage our social presence without taking up too much time was mandatory. Viralheat allows me keep up with social media activity while still giving me the bulk of my time to focus on our clients.

Cision Monitoring review by Sakeena Zarin N.
Sakeena Zarin N.

"Great tool for monitoring conversations"

What do you like best?

I was able to monitor social sites for relevant content surrounding my keywords of interest. Viralheat allows me to monitor multiple keywords which aids me in collecting data intelligence for current projects I’m working on.

What do you dislike?

I wish they kept the lower price or smaller price plans and options. If I were not a legacy user, I would not be able to afford Viralheat’s services. Luckily, this is not the case.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask about all the features they offer first. There are a bunch of features offered but the use case depends on the need of the individual. Personally, I do not use Viralheat to its full capability, but I can see how larger enterprise businesses would benefit.

Viralheat helps me get a bigger picture view of the market and the space I’m in. I can use the data and insights that I collect for current or future projects I’m working. It helps me improve my tests and products.

Cision Monitoring review by Anand S.
Anand S.

"Comprehensive social media monitoring tool"

What do you like best?

Viralheat does a great job with monitoring. I liked the fact that we were able to include multiple keywords, phrases, hashtags, etc. in one topic profile rather than having multiple feeds that monitor only one word or phrase. Viralheat delivered the data in a digestible format that clearly showed us the information we were seeking. Also, the product was extremely easy to use.

What do you dislike?

The tool provides great data and analytics but it would be extra helpful if we could customize the dashboards and reports to show multiple analytics against each other.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a comprehensive monitoring tool that’s easy-to-use, go with Viralheat. Viralheat does not cap their mentions or freeze your account when you’ve reached a certain number so if you think you will have high volume traffic for your keywords then this is a great tool. I do not have much experience with their publishing and engagement functions.

Using Viralheat we were able to get insights around the space, products, and technologies. This information helps our team understand what our target audience wants so we can build a product that will succeed. Viralheat packaged all of this information into graphs, charts, and data that was easy to understand and analyze. This saved our team a ton of time and resources.

Cision Monitoring review by Aurora D.
Aurora D.

"Lead identification feature led to real social ROI"

What do you like best?

Viralheat is not only extremely intuitive and easy to use, but it provided us with great insight enabling us to increase our customer base and to find people in our area interested in purchasing our products and services.

What do you dislike?

I have only had good experiences with Viralheat so far. The product is cutting edge and the team has been extremely responsive in helping me get the best use of the platform.

We are a local retail start-up who was struggling to grow and locate our customer base outside of family and friends. Viralheat enabled us to follow important industry topics and trends in order to identify who may be considering a future purchase. For example, we sell high end jewelry, so the Viralheat team helped us build monitoring profiles for key wedding signifiers like "just engaged" so that we can reach out with special offerings pertaining to the their current need. Our ability to be creatively proactive brought us some great return business that has helped us compete with some of the more established businesses in our area.

Cision Monitoring review by Palak C.
Palak C.

"Social listening is easy with Viralheat"

What do you like best?

As a legacy user, they honored my previous plan’s pricing and setup when they moved to the Enterprise model, which I really appreciated. I use Viralheat’s monitoring feature for research purposes on personal and business projects I’m working on or building and it always returns relevant conversations.

What do you dislike?

If I decided to upgrade for a more comprehensive package I would lose my legacy pricing for the Premier plan and have to choose between an enterprise package. It would be nice if there were other options for legacy users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Viralheat only offers Enterprise plans for new customers so make sure that you have the need and the budget for an enteprise grade social media management tool.

Viralheat’s monitoring features help me stay up-to-date with industry news and trends. I track relevant phrases and keywords to my line of work as I use these insights for product ideas and development. I’m able to see if there are certain spikes or extra conversations around particular topics - this alerts me to take a look into the subject to see how it can affect my work.

"Cision Review"

What do you like best?

The contact pitching profiles which lists their preferences for outreach.

What do you dislike?

A limited about of subjects that are too generally grouped together for media contacts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to use in conjunction with other similar services and tools.

Media relations, press release distribution

"Cision Point Review"

What do you like best?

I like the PR analytics with their media monitoring solution

What do you dislike?

They miss a large number of press hits and it takes a while for the monitoring team to address them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Trend Kite

We are looking for an unbiased way to show ROI to our clients and track our performance over time.

Cision Monitoring review by Sharanya D.
Sharanya D.

"Monitoring + Management in one"

What do you like best?

Viralheat is easy to use and understand. Both marketing and engineering teams can use Viralheat without any hiccups, which isn’t always easy to do considering the teams speak different languages.

What do you dislike?

There is one limitation we came across - we can’t compare analytics versus each other in the same view. It would be helpful if we could.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider Viralheat if you plan on using across multiple teams - it was easy for our marketing and engineering teams to integrate and use the product. Also if your company uses social for multiple things like monitoring and engagement because Viralheat offers all of this and more in its suite

We use Viralheat for two things -

1) managing the company presence on Twitter, Facebook, G+, and YouTube and

2) monitoring the space for feedback on our products.

Because we develop technology that helps power our everyday electronic devices, it’s helpful for us to get feedback from our customers which we can then incorporate into our designs.

Cision Monitoring review by Jackson H.
Jackson H.

"Cision Review"

What do you like best?

I like Cision's Journalist Search features, which allows me to segment out my outreach processes.

What do you dislike?

I wish Cision had more 3rd Part App Integrations for tracking the success of a campaign from outreach to features.

High Authority Journalist Outreach

Cision Monitoring review by User

"Cision Newsletter tool "

What do you like best?

I enjoy being able to customize the newsletter look and feel with our brand's colours

What do you dislike?

Not finding articles I need based on search queries, manual inputting of content and not auto-filling certain fields

Comprehensive search of Canadian outlets

Cision Monitoring review by Administrator in Accounting
Administrator in Accounting

"I find that Vocus is great to find reporters but hard to gain exposure."

What do you like best?

It is a great resource for finding reporters and it also provides the best way to contact reporters, which is extremely beneficial when pitching a story

What do you dislike?

Often, reporters are inaccurate and it is often difficult to get quick assistance; however, the account executives are very friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This was a great tool to find reporters and the media monitoring is great to track the reach of releases and also to maintain relationships with clients and prospects by keeps tabs on their activities. Being able to setup keywords has also allowed us to easily keep tabs on what's going on in our industry.

It's great because often other sources pick up our press releases and this is a great way to track that information. It is also helpful because we are able to easily keep tabs on a lot of our competitors, clients, and prospects which has allowed us to seem very in the know on their activities and advancements in their industries.

Cision Monitoring review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"Long-time customer"

What do you like best?

Ease of functionality. I use it mainly for media database research which is very easy to manage.

What do you dislike?

Since I used to be a sole practitioner, and now I work for a nonprofit, the cost is the main concern. I also never seem to have the time explore or take advantage of full features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I always recommend Cision above the competition and describe additional features such as analytics and press release distribution.

Until I started working here in November 2014, my employer did not have an effective media list - or ability to research media for different parts of the organization or to pitch original stories. Now we can - quickly and accurately.

Cision Monitoring review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"We use Vocus for our monitoring service."

What do you like best?

The type that appears that hopefully gives enough info on the story without having to go to the link. And they recently assigned us a troubleshooter.

What do you dislike?

The way broadcast clips are done. The fact that when they switched to Critical Mention, they lost months worth of clips from Univision. The fact that I have to click three times before it lets me deleted something. The fact that sometimes I can't open a clip.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check to make sure they can get the TV and radio that you need.

We are able to justify our hard work through a daily report we send to management. Vocus helps us create that report.

Cision Monitoring review by Mary G.
Mary G.

"Great Tool For Legal Research Projects! "

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use. I am not tech savvy I was able to learn the tool and train my assistant within an hour. We found clients through their lead identification technology as well.

What do you dislike?

They went Enterprise, but still honored our legacy pricing. Unfortunately this keeps us from upgrading.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an enterprise level product make sure you have a use case and budget for their features and capabilities. Also, ask for a product demo.

We are able to verify the validity of cases brought to us through the tool as individuals often post about their daily lives on social networks. In addition, we are able to identify potential leads by monitoring industry specific keywords while also keeping track of our own reputation. We use the sentiment analysis any negative conversations around our firm.

Cision Monitoring review by Jan G.
Jan G.

"Cision helps with my reporting"

What do you like best?

Cision helps me make beautiful monthly reports. I can quickly report on all of our media coverage with beautifully generated graphs and charts and varying degrees of detail. I am able to find stories that even I had missed during the month. I love this product.

What do you dislike?

I wish I had time to learn more and use the product more fully.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I use the media monitoring and find it very helpful for creating monthly media reports for our development committee and advisory board.

Easing monthly report challenges and creating more beautiful reports than I could ever do on my own. Our development committee is impressed with the reports.

Cision Monitoring review by Cody A S.
Cody A S.

"Viralheat is great for an SMSS tool for lead generation"

What do you like best?

Viralheat allows us to identify potential leads on social media, based on interest or purchase intent. These are warm self-qualified leads so it saves us time as we don't have to manually sift through thousands of social mentions.

What do you dislike?

We would love to see Viralheat integrate with more CRM systems beyond SugarCRM and SFDC.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to ask how Viralheat will work with your current business as they offer a lot of different features. A custom Demo is the best way to see the product in action.

We are increasing lead generation through identifying leads on social media that we wouldn't have identified otherwise. Also our marketing team can take these social mentions and assign them to the correct department for follow up. This has eliminated the hassle of multiple email threads.

Cision Monitoring review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Good for a lot, but could still be improved"

What do you like best?

Cision is very prompt to get back to you when needed and assist with issues. They seem to understand the needs of companies of varying sizes.

What do you dislike?

We've gone through several account managers in a brief amount of time and have also has some frustrating customer service experiences, one including an instance where a feature no longer worked, and when asked, was told they weren't going to fix it anytime soon. Considering that was a feature we really liked, I was disappointed to hear such a response.

Social Media engagement and management. We like having the dashboard and engagement console in one product that's web-based.

Cision Monitoring review by Felipe A.
Felipe A.

"An application to communicate"

What do you like best?

With this application I have managed to communicate on a large scale and advertise my business

What do you dislike?

It may not be the best known, but it is one of the best

All is perfect

Cision Monitoring review by Lori M.
Lori M.

"simple searching"

What do you like best?

Easy to find articles of a certain topic by using the keywords box. Finding publications out of particular area is also made simple by using the radius option.

What do you dislike?

Slower to pull articles than Google, but more thorough in the long run. Sometimes includes articles whose publication dates don't meet the date criteria entered.

Tracking our daily news mentions is simple, easy and all in one place.

Cision Monitoring review by Agency in Management Consulting
Agency in Management Consulting

"Cision for Media Monitoring"

What do you like best?

I use Cision primarily for media monitoring although most people use it for pitching/list building. Very helpful and cohesive way to show clients the coverage their brand is getting across a variety of outlets. Great visual report building tools as well.

What do you dislike?

Often times the daily news clips have inconsistencies. They will miss headlines in major outlets but pick up strange international irrelevant headlines. I've worked with Boolean experts for almost nine months to correct this and still haven't been incredibly successful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the support hot line as much as you can. Very helpful technical experts.

We are monitoring live coverage of our clients.

Cision Monitoring review by User

"Great Information that’s relevant "

What do you like best?

As someone who is pitched guests andwho is always looking for great guests the work I receive from Cision is top notch. I highly recommend their service!

What do you dislike?

I’m very pleased with everything 👍🏻👍🏻

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great guests and informative for the space I’m in. The Christian media space is relatively behind the times and the info I get from Cison users keeps me ahead of the curve in business.

Cision Monitoring review by User

"Fairly straightforward media monitoring tool"

What do you like best?

Pretty easy to use for media monitoring. You can narrow keywords and filter by publication. It's great if you're looking for a fairly broad overview of a client or topic, i.e. to get a general sense of their press coverage. Also liked that you can see sentiment and create word clouds.

What do you dislike?

There were several instances were cision did not pull up all coverage (e.g. certain publications that weren't on the site).

Media monitoring

Cision Monitoring review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"I use a small fraction of this product, for the purposes we need, every day."

What do you like best?

The setup and login process are fairly simple, and it is a good tool for finding a variety of news reports related to the business.

What do you dislike?

There are too many features for a business of our size and no way to modify the interface to remove them and make the user training simpler.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get good training and setup help.

We are finding a general assortment of news reports related to our keywords, and are able to share those reports with key stakeholders. We wish the search was more robust and did no t require so much manual searching.

Cision Monitoring review by Caroline S.
Caroline S.

"Cision for daily news "

What do you like best?

Cision is very reliable and almost never misses a story.

What do you dislike?

I don't think it's a good tool for social media tracking.

We track daily media mentions of our science and scientists. Cision allows me to provide a report on this media coverage to my leadership team. They appreciate this report because it saves them a lot of time.

Cision Monitoring review by Brianna H.
Brianna H.

"Very helpful tool for PR professionals "

What do you like best?

Usability and personal notes section is a helpful tool

What do you dislike?

Limited subject searches makes hard to search specific topics

Searching for key media targets and influencers, saves time and research.

Cision Monitoring review by Vince B.
Vince B.

"Sales-friendly Social Media Management Tool"

What do you like best?

As the lines between social and sales become increasingly blurred, Viralheat provides a solution that helps make the the marketing to sales process cleaner and more simple. Viralheat is easy-to-use which is a major plus when training and deploying to different departments within a business.

What do you dislike?

Initially I was concerned with the fact that Viralheat only offered a Salesforce integration as I work with teams who use other CRM solutions. This is no longer a concern as Viralheat now offers integrations with SugarCRM, Zendesk, and Desk.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Viralheat is a tool for businesses looking to streamline the process between sales and marketing teams or capitalize on the sales opportunities that come through social. It's important to catch a consumer at the right time and Viralheat allows our sales teams to reach prospects while they're hot.

Sales opportunities come from all sorts of different places. In the past few years, I have seen an increase of opps coming from social media - prospects reach out for info, competitor's clients are unhappy, etc. Viralheat allows our sales team to monitor social mentions about our brand as well as our competitors so we are always aware of potential opportunities. Also, the sales team can connect their personal social accounts in Viralheat and reach out directly from within the tool to get back to a prospect.

Cision Monitoring review by Chris A.
Chris A.

"Great all-in-one social media management tool."

What do you like best?

Viralheat provided our group with a single solution to manage all of our social needs from management to monitoring to engagement to publishing. Social media plays a huge role in Legaci’s marketing as it’s our primary route for exposure, promotions, etc. We were able to monitor what fans said during shows, releases, and promotions - we incorporated a lot of the feedback into future projects. And even more important, we were able to directly interact with our fans to build our relationship with them - we owe it to them because they helped us get to where we are.

What do you dislike?

There’s not really anything to dislike. I’ve used previous tools that were so hard to navigate that I had to spend extra time just learning the UI, but Viralheat is really straight-forward. The team is also responsive to questions I had about on how to best use the tool for Legaci’s benefit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Social media is extremely important to all kinds of businesses and brands today so do yourself a favor and really evaluate your social marketing strategy. The best kind of tools are the ones that end up being a part of your daily routine and Viralheat provides that. If your brand is serious about your social media activities (beyond just publishing), then Viralheat is a great fit.

Viralheat helped us solve a management problem. We are very active on all social networks from Facebook to Twitter to Instagram to Tumblr so it was great to find a tool that allowed us to connect, manage, and engage from all these networks. We were also able to see how our audience reacted to our shows, videos, and songs. We understood the benefit of social media early on (we’ve been using it for a decade now) so it’s nice to have a tool that allows us to do it all from one spot.

Cision Monitoring review by Kyra S.
Kyra S.

"An easy to use platform with many great features"

What do you like best?

User-friendly interface, ease of exporting data to Excel, generally quick loading times

What do you dislike?

Cannot manually add firehose terms for Twitter - must be done through a customer service manager.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Visible is great at pulling in data from all social sources, including Facebook. The only small issue is with Twitter, where you have to submit terms to the "firehose" if all results are to be shown for a search.

I utilize the platform to analyze conversation around our products and their competitors, and then form strategic insights based on the data. Visible is very easy to use and exporting data is a breeze, making chart-building and deck construction much easier than with similar social listening products.

Cision Monitoring review by Chris B.
Chris B.

"https://www.g2crowd.com/products/viralheat/reviews?"

What do you like best?

Viralheat saves us a lot of time! We no longer have to log into multiple sites to manage our social presences across channels. I'm extremely busy so any time saved is a major plus. The user interface is really easily to navigate, too.

What do you dislike?

There are a couple of design qualms I have but nothing major. Some wording can be confusing at times but the team has always clarified when I’ve had questions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool. It allows me to actually measure the ROI on my social efforts - which is a huge plus, I can finally get the additional budget I've been asking for based on numbers not my gut feeling.

Personally, I’ve solved the problem of time. Viralheat has saved me a ton of time by offering so much in one tool - I do our company’s monitoring, engagement, analytics, publishing, etc. in Viralheat. At the end of the day, this frees up a couple of hours, which I then can dedicate to other pressing work matters or my family. In the past I’ve wasted too much time logging into native sites or using multiple tools.

Cision Monitoring review by User

"Cision provides basic media monitoring and influencer targeting features that are helpful tools."

What do you like best?

Access to journalists'/reporters' contact information and previous roles

What do you dislike?

Sometimes that contact information and title information is out of date. In addition, some of the other search functions are not as accurate or helpful, such as searching for contact's subject, or the "talking about" feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking at media monitoring, TrendKite works better.

Cision helps us better target the media and other influencers.

User in Public Relations and Communications

"Insights into distribution and reach"

What do you like best?

Ease of identifying key metrics about particular outlets and media members. Ability to monitor stories and distribution of articles. The media database is a great resource to use to find the right media members to help tell the story and idea you're trying to promote.

What do you dislike?

Not always the easiest to search for what you're looking for with user experience design lacking. Website as a whole feels like it could be redesigned to better fit the needs of monitoring and searching as a whole.

Benefits include being able to monitor and analyze the effectiveness of campaign. With many resources and ways to track in one place, it makes it easy to pull numbers and take a look at data to report back to client as well as apply to the next campaign.

Cision Monitoring review by User in Civic & Social Organization
User in Civic & Social Organization

"It works, but it has an old interface"

What do you like best?

Good for finding media emails and contact information

What do you dislike?

I wish the interface was a little more user friendly and easily accessible. The searching functions are also less than wonderful - I wish you could leave out certain groups instead of only adding groups you'd like to see

Sending out press releases to announce our newest initiatives and spread the word about women in tech

"Easy and Helpful ! "

What do you like best?

I like that Cision is so incredibly easy to navigate. Plus I can look up both people and publications.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any dislikes. Cision is great, easy to use, and very much a time-saver.

It saves me time when I'm trying to contact a journalist that I haven't before or need a company description. Media list building is made so much easier!

Cision Monitoring review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Cision offers what you need in a straightforward, un-sexy way"

What do you like best?

If you want to create a good contact list - especially in an emergent situation - this gives an ability to access important information in the heat of the moment.

What do you dislike?

It has an older feel to it. The search function seems, at times, a bit temperamental.

We have reached both larger media and smaller media outlets, plus providing a good online presence.

Cision Monitoring review by Internal Consultant in Restaurants
Internal Consultant in Restaurants

"Easy to use, great support, all around great tool and company."

What do you like best?

Very easy to use. The SW is very intuitive and easy to use, whether is a news search or an already running one, you can get it done very easily.

What do you dislike?

The publishing side is an area where they need to improve. I would love to be able to use 1 tool for all my SM needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you can leverage their research department. They can help you producing data and reports that you could not do on your own unless you have an army of people doing this (and I doubt you do)

We are using the tool primarily to understand conversation about our brand from our employees.

Cision Monitoring review by Annick P.
Annick P.

"Easy and Effective"

What do you like best?

Vocus makes it simple to keep an eye on media posts and social media interactions. Trying to do this on my own would be a huge time waster. Cision does it for me and they are very effective. I recieve a report weekly...every Tuesday morning!

What do you dislike?

So far there is nothing I dislike...customer service is quick to respond

I can't watch all of the media and social media all of the time...Vocus and Cision help me keep on top of my media, my competition and reputation management

Cision Monitoring review by Jessica V.
Jessica V.

"Effective distribution service "

What do you like best?

The reports we receive after the released go out

What do you dislike?

The amount of steps we go through to get something out/edits made.

Increasinging awareness

Cision Monitoring review by Administrator in Biotechnology
Administrator in Biotechnology

"Good for Media Monitoring"

What do you like best?

Cision has recently updated their platform so it's more user-friendly and modern.

What do you dislike?

It takes time to learn how to use their product and navigate their dashboards.

Media Monitoring

Cision Monitoring review by Administrator in Public Relations and Communications
Administrator in Public Relations and Communications

"Intuitive. Comprehensive. Actionable."

What do you like best?

We got Viralheat setup in a few hours and able to use it to get data around our brand and publish to all our social accounts. It was very intuitive and had all we need in one place, from publishing, monitoring and reporting. We connected it to our Salesforce and Support software, as well as Google Analytics accounts.

What do you dislike?

On some occasions it took a while to log in. Yet it was nothing that ever deterred us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out how fast and easy it is to implement.

You have all you need in one place.

No need to study how to use it, it is incredibly intuitive.

Fantastic price value.

We needed to identify not only influencers in our industry, but people who wanted to make a purchase. We used Viralheat because it automates this process so our sales team could get in contact with these prospects immediately.

Cision Monitoring review by Leah Marie R.
Leah Marie R.

"Cision Customer Service is awesome."

What do you like best?

I love that their customer service team is so hands on and always willing to help us out.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is that I don't always have the time to use our service but that has nothing to do with Cision, that's on my end!

The benefits are that I can monitor our news without using a lot of time and without doing the work myself. It pulls it all in for us and I love my daily emails.

Cision Monitoring review by User in Commercial Real Estate
User in Commercial Real Estate

"CIsion Social Media"

What do you like best?

Ability to search for and find followers in my target industry. You could also schedule messages through Cision.

What do you dislike?

It was a new product with many bugs and glitches. Functionality would break or stop working and when I would reach out to my account rep to try and get some answers/fixes, it didn;t happen. They were very slow to respond and ultimately these remedies never even occured.

Did not resolve any of my business problems