Citavi

Citavi is a user-friendly reference management and knowledge organization program for researchers and students.

Work for Citavi?

Learning about Citavi?

Citavi Reviews

Ask Citavi a Question
Showing 14 Citavi reviews
Citavi review by <span>Maria K.</span>
Maria K.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

intuitive, well developed software with great support

What do you like best?

Citavi is a great software to manage knowledge and to avoid chaos in citing. I can recommend it to students and scientists and everyone else who wants to organize research and whatever kind of publications or knowledge. The use of the software is easy to learn and when something is unclear, the user will find answers in the user forum or in the great other support tools.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately Citavi only works with windows. I'm looking forward to the web version!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Invest 2 hours of your time to get to know Citavi and its functions and it will save you valuable time in organizing your knowledge for the rest of your life.

I'm giving Citavi seminars to students. Nearly 100% of the students are using Citavi writing their papers or thesis after having visited this seminars. They can concentrate on the content and let Citavi do the citation style stuff. It helps them to understand how scientific writing works.

I'm using Citavi in my daily work too, to keep track of my research regarding scientific writing, citing and other topics of my seminars in information literacy. I even use Citavi to manage my private DVD collection at home.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Citavi
Citavi review by <span>Shala B.</span>
Shala B.

indispensable tool

What do you like best?

It is easy to format references in an article to meet any publisher's demands. It is also easy to create bibliographies for students.

I also like the ease with which I can quote sources and the fact that all citations in my documents appear in the Bibliography. What is more, it is easy to edit the citations, much easier than, for example, in programs that come with document writer programs.

It also helps my students organize their reading assignments and notes so that they can better prepare for exams.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were a way to sync my references across folders. It would also be helpful if there were a way to sync between computers. Only being able to have two downloaded versions of the program is quite difficult if one is moving between computers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The free trial is a great opportunity to get to know that project. Once you hit 100 articles, you know it is time to buy.

Also, citavi's lifetime membership is comparable to a year or so with the competition. Then again, after a couple of years you will want to purchase an update; however, you do not HAVE to. This is a significant difference.

Citavi has helped me prepare articles for publication and bibliographies for my students.

What Reference Management solution do you use?

Citavi review by <span>Susan (Elli) E.</span>
Susan (Elli) E.

Great Bibliography and Note-taking program

What do you like best?

It's hard to think of just one -- so I won't. It's easy to add references, easy to categorize them and use the category system to organize papers and book-length work. I use a bibliography project to easily organize reading from web pages, too. It interfaces easily with Word documents... and much more. The tech support has been great. When I first set up work in Citavi, the tech support provided a beta version of a utility to convert my bibliographic entries from another less-used program. I may have used tech support once or twice in the past few years since then. The issue was always resolved within 24 hours.

This is a great program for academics.

What do you dislike?

A couple of journals I write for were missing from the options for formatting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it and see if it works for you.

I used it for academic research. It was also great for organizing briefing materials on various issues when I was running for office.

Citavi review by <span>Frances A.</span>
Frances A.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Best Citation Program Ever!

What do you like best?

I first purchased Citavi in 2012 and when I reached out to their Customer Service (CS) I was impressed with the level of assistance I was provided. I was asking for a feature that had not yet been developed but one of their CS reps developed a work around so that I could still accomplish my task. Ever since then I was a dedicated customer of Citavi and have purchased every major upgrade as they become available. I have recommended Citavi to a colleague who purchased it for her university lab.

What do you dislike?

I have been completely happy with the all the work the Citavi team have provided with each upgrade that I cannot think of anything I dislike about the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend Citavi to others. It is easy to use and the company is constantly working on updates. I first purchased it at 3.0 it is now at 5.2! And the Customer Service is absolutely priceless!

I love the convenience of being able to keep all my citations in one program and attach my PDF files.

Citavi review by <span>Philippe C.</span>
Philippe C.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Citavi helped me to focus on what is really important for literature research work

What do you like best?

I like best being able to know that all the references that I need for a specific work are together and organized in one place. Citavi helps me to keep track of all information that I need . It's simply great to have all my citations, thoughts, images and videos gethered together in such a way that I can easily change to give my work a defined ans solid structure. With Citavi

What do you dislike?

It is actually hard to think about anything that I dislike. There is although some bugs that still need to be fixed. But that isn't a big problem, since the updates are quite frequent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't give up because it might be a little bit complicated in the beginning. Try to follow the tipps given in the web site and the tutorials.

I am writing cientific reviews about topics in machining processes

Citavi review by <span>Henning C.</span>
Henning C.

Easy way to manage your documents for publication

What do you like best?

That you have the complete literature that you used for the essay in a list. Quotations are easy to make with the tool.

What do you dislike?

The price seems to be a little bit too high for my expectations but overall it is worth it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It makes the publication and work on a professional level a lot easier. I recommend it to anybody that has serious intentions on publicate a science work.

We are publicating science papers for marketing with this tool and it is very handy. A nice overview is granted if you use this tool.

Learning about Citavi?

* We monitor all Citavi reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.