Citrix Receiver

Citrix Receiver is the easy-to-install client software that provides access to your XenDesktop and XenApp installations.this free software allows you to access applications, desktops and data easily and securely from any device, including smartphones, tablets, PCs and Macs.

Work for Citrix Receiver?

Learning about Citrix Receiver?

Citrix Receiver Reviews

Showing 75 Citrix Receiver reviews
Citrix Receiver review by Dawn C.
Dawn C.

"Great Service"

What do you like best?

This service is quick and helps make the process of obtaining records very easy. We use it to access hospital records and it is very responsive. It is also great that it is regularly updated. It is well integrated into my Chrome browser. The program/database in which is it integrated it highly beneficial to us. We use the program daily to access records needed for our patient care.

What do you dislike?

I really don't have anything that I dislike since I use it only for one purpose and it does it very well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I do not know if it would improve anything for our particular needs. I think that maybe we could research its functionality a little more and see if it would be beneficial to our practice needs.

As I mentioned previously, it is integrated into a hospital database. It works very well with that particular program. I do know that when I was getting used to that particular database that the IT department told me that it is best used on the Chrome browser. I did have difficulties when I tried to use it in Internet Explorer.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Citrix Receiver
Citrix Receiver review by User in Construction
User in Construction

"Great Features But Some Problems"

What do you like best?

The features are great and the functionality of the program is great. It is super easy to use and has a lot of different options in terms of programs. VPN is a great feature of Citrix and definitely helps when I have Wifi but need a connection to all our company servers even when I am not in an office or jobsite.

What do you dislike?

It always crashes! In the middle of using a program, Citrix will just stop working and it is very frustrating. VPN also does the same thing. I will be in an airport or in my own home where Wifi is readily available and VPN will just disconnect. That is super frustrating especially when you have deadlines to meet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great product and has many different applications for your business needs. I would just reach out to your local IT person to make sure you have all the proper communications when using Citrix. I think that it has it's flaws in terms of functionality but it is still a great product.

It is a critical software to what I do for work so we use it every day to solve problems and I realized I cannot be as productive in my job without it.

What Other IT Infrastructure solution do you use?

Citrix Receiver review by Kristin Nicole P.
Kristin Nicole P.

"Citrix Receiver Review"

What do you like best?

I do really like the amount of security that Citrix provides for the users of the system. Also, I thoroughly enjoy the ease of getting to my applications on my XenDesktop. There's also an app that can be used to access everything as well, so on top of accessing from my work desktop, I can use it on my phone or any other computer really. It's pretty simple and secure. Those are the top two things I look for in a software.

What do you dislike?

Despite the awesome security benefits, having to sign in on pop-ups every other minute can be a little annoying. However, this may just be the extra security we have already installed on the computers as precaution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it! It's definitely worth looking into, let alone actually getting it.

We’ve had hackers in the past which broke into the network somehow and took tons of valuable information. It was a huge, huge deal, especially since there was medical record information taken. The hospital got in lots of trouble because of it.

Citrix Receiver review by Nishant T.
Nishant T.

"Multipurpose and functional tool"

What do you like best?

It allows you to use any EHRs from anywhere. That's very convenient and is protected. I have used Epic, and meditech from my laptop, ipad and cellphones. I can use it wherever and whenever I like. Rounding has been super easy and chances of mistakes are decreased.

What do you dislike?

I have not experienced too many bad things. At times, it may increase the amount of time you spent as it is usually slower than working on desktop itself. It freezes more frequently. There can be more distractions to your work as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have been using citrix since 2012. Its amazing how it improves the user interface. It takes health care to a higher level. You can review multiple reports, notes and imaging in one platform. It is very secure and very less complications. It freezes from time to time. There are some problems due to upgrade, and you need to update from time to time. During update there might be some problems with performance. I have overall had good experience, and I would recommend this product to everyone.

The appropriate use of EHR is improved by the use of citrix. With the use of this receiver, multiple PCs are able to use it at once. Multi-tasking and multi people involvement is a possibility. The quality of healthcare is improved. The interaction between different specialties is improved. It is easy to review information from other providers and different primary care settings.

Citrix Receiver review by Carmen Gloria A.
Carmen Gloria A.

"citrix is not perfect but works"

What do you like best?

best? nothing really, but we use to have access to all our aplication that we use remotly because I love to move every time that I can.

What do you dislike?

when we are running our application sometimes the conection fail and the aplication also fail because need stay online all the time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

well I will recommend if somebody need use their app to connect from everywhere just if you dont need stay 100% online because sometimes when I am running automatic process that could run easily 24/7 allways I have connection problems with Citrix I still dont know really when this problem is produced because I am only a user and I dont know more about how this software works but in my own experience I can tell you that I have this connection problem just in this cases, when I worked regularly usually I dont have connection problems just when I am working with my robots.

We need connect all our application from severals places so citrix allow us to connect us from everywhere that is the best benefit because I like to move from city to city once in a while and with this app I can work remotly almos without problems

Citrix Receiver review by Emily R.
Emily R.

"Not the best - but it useful for hosted databases"

What do you like best?

It is the gateway to your cloud hosted environment and easy to install on the computer itself.

What do you dislike?

You have to configure your computer to print through Citrix - using the Citrix universal printer or setting up the proper pathway for the hosted database to find your local/network printer. If you change printers a lot, this can be a big pain. Often than most, Citrix needs an update which can cause issues loading or using your hosted product. Found out it works best in Firefox - which is inconvenient because Google Chrome is more commonly used.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you let users know ahead of time that they have to use a specific browser in order to avoid random issues. If you consistently change printers, you may want to consider something else as using the Citrix Universal Printer can be tricky.

We solved the issue of having to back up our database weekly. We are now cloud hosted because of being able to use Citrix to get into our database.

Citrix Receiver review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Using Citrix Receiver to securely access programs in a large health care system"

What do you like best?

What do you dislike?

I don't have any issues with using the Citrix Receiver. Having to go to an additional site to access network programs is not ideal, but necessary to maintain our security requirements. Having the ability to download the receiver helps fix this issue. I would likely still use VPN if I had a choice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Citrix Receiver allows my health care system to grant access to employees so that email and other core platforms for job responsibilities can be achieved regardless of location and the physical connection to a network server. The Citrix Receiver allows me to access secure network platforms without any breach of confidentiality and from any location. Within a large, statewide health care system, the ability to access network platforms and programs is critical. Using two factor authentication also allows us to provide an additional security layer.

Citrix Receiver allows my health care system to grant access to employees so that email and other core platforms for job responsibilities can be achieved regardless of location and the physical connection to a network server. It is critical for us to maintain complete HIPAA compliance, so the Citrix Receiver helps us to meet our use cases for accessing a variety of network platforms securely.

Citrix Receiver review by User in Higher Education

"Useful product - recent update is a big improvement"

What do you like best?

I can access my work desktop, email, and virtual drives on my laptop from afar. With the most recent update, it is running very smoothly.

What do you dislike?

Before the recent update, it was very slow and would sometimes grind to a halt. There were major connection issues. After the update, it is running smoothly, with only occasional issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm not sure I would have recommended Citrix Receiver before the most recent update. However, I now would unqualifiedly recommend it. The company's approach to the software seems to be rapidly improving, and I have faith in this product going forward.

It has helped me work from home. This is useful when writing long motions, so I can be comfortable working and get into "the zone" without distractions. I can also access educational materials on the virtual drives and send emails from afar.

Citrix Receiver review by Administrator

"Citrix...works nice and slow"

What do you like best?

It allows me to continue working away from my desk. So I can always pick up where I left off. Share screen!

What do you dislike?

It is very slow. It locks up the computer and makes it very tedious to complete tasks if you are on a deadline. Also, one drawback is that if there is maintenance going on at the office, I cannot continue that work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Breathe

Remote login to complete work from our internal document server. I can share my screen with another user! This is great when you want to call someone on the phone becasue they are not in the same location as you but they can walk you through a problem because they can see what you are talking about.

Citrix Receiver review by User in Professional Training & Coaching
User in Professional Training & Coaching

"Useful when VPN is not an option"

What do you like best?

It allows me to access local databases without maintaining software on my machine, so I can do research needed for my reports without clunking up my local drive.

What do you dislike?

There is a lag time when logging in, but it's not bad all things considered. It would be easier if there was a setting to pick up on my system login, instead of having to re-enter my user name and password again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's very ease to use. Just make sure you have been set up properly as a user and that your user name and passwords are synced with your system.

Secure, remote work is possible with Citrix receiver. I can utilize it in the office or at home or on the go. It's all the same interface.

User in Law Practice

"Works well if you have more licenses than people"

What do you like best?

It is easy to install on both a PC and Mac and lets me access business software remotely very easily. If there are licenses available, then it is very quick to log on and there are generally not problems working with other programs.

What do you dislike?

You have to be very careful how you exit the program and we often have to have our IT guys go in and 'kill' sessions because if you don't exit the software properly or have a power outage or some sort of crash, the software thinks you are still using one of the licensing slots and it won't allow additional users to log on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you get enough licenses and stress the importance of logging off correctly. Ideally, make sure numerous people have access to 'kill' sessions so that limited licensing doesn't become an issue.

It allows employees to quickly access programs remotely without going through a web browser and slowing the process down. I highly recommend having this installed on your desktop as opposed to using the browser version.

Citrix Receiver review by Administrator

"very reliable, has only crashed once in 4 years of using it"

What do you like best?

The tech support for anything and everything. This program does a lot and everytime I call them for any support or if I forgot how to do something the wait time to speak to someone is not usually very long, and you can request a call back if you can't wait. If they can't help you over the phone they share a screen and walk you through everything. If they still can't help you they send the case up to the tech support and get back to you or have them share your screen as well. The program itself is also very user friendly considering how much it does as a medical EMR software.

What do you dislike?

That it has to be installed on a computer first before using it, which is pretty minor but still would be nice to access it quickly or on my cell phone if needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I don't have experience with any other programs for medical EMRs but I have heard from everyone else who can compare that Accuro is one of the best if not the best for its user friendliness. I would never want to use anything else as it is easy to learn, easy to use and is capable of doing so much to make our lives easier and jobs more efficient.

We use citrix to launch Accuro which is a medical EMR and we have realized it does a LOT for us, so much that we learn new things about this program every year

Citrix Receiver review by User

"A secure network on the go"

What do you like best?

I like that Citrix Receiver allows me to communicate confidential patient health information in a secure matter from the comfort of my own home and own personal devices.

What do you dislike?

Citrix Receiver is designed for PC. It works on my mac devices, however the formatting does not translate well and it is not the most convenient to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is not super user friendly on non-PC technology but it still works and gets the job done. I trust the secure of Citrix Receiver.

HIPPA is taken very seriously in the health care field. Violating HIPPA laws including communicating about confidential patient information without a verified, secure network can result in both professional and legal consequences. This day in age, technology is everywhere. Citrix Receiver solves the problem of not being on a stationary facility-owned computer but still able to communicate legally protected information from any location.

Citrix Receiver review by User

"I have issues with it at least once a day!"

What do you like best?

It is really nice having all the applications that I need for work in one place, in a very useable and visually appealing setting. It is also really nice how I can log into my Citrix Receiver, but will not have to constantly be signing into each application individually whenever I need to use it.

What do you dislike?

I am used to it now, but I have to restart Citrix multiple times a day. I don't know if our old work computers simply cannot handle the software, but it seems to make my computer freeze up a lot. When it does, I often have to close out of Citrix or completely restart my computer, which obviously shuts down any application I am using. This is especially problematic when I am in a time crunch or working with a client.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great to have all your applications in one place and not have to keep signing into them individually, but expect to have restart Citrix often. Make sure you keep saving everything, in case it freezes up your computer at an inopportune time!

It is great to make all of the applications accessible and secure, especially when working with sensitive information. It seems to be easy for employees to get the hang of using as well, although I often hear people complain about how it shuts down on them.

Citrix Receiver review by Timothy H.
Timothy H.

"Works great but definitely needs an update"

What do you like best?

The interface is easy enough to use even if the software itself feels outdated, like Windows 98. It does the the job our schools need it to but it would be nice if it looked and felt modern.

What do you dislike?

The system freezes up and crashes all the time. If you switch between programs, typically CVUE will freeze and you can't edit anything.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sfotware definitely needs a modern update and needs to function better. System crashes and slowdowns are way too often.

Keeping track and progress of our students in the main thing. It's a great system for logging activities and keeping track of our interactions.

Citrix Receiver review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Citrix has its ups and downs"

What do you like best?

I like that it's easy to use and that the applications will all work together. There are a ton of shortcuts as well that make it even better..

What do you dislike?

I hate that when i try to access it remotely that it takes up to 25 minutes to start to up for me to access. I wish there was a reset button so you can undo a mistake on an existing file without having to close the file and reopen it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

None

I can provide a client a proposal in different styles, customized for them. I can provide a little or a lot of details depending on their needs.

Citrix Receiver review by Joel A.
Joel A.

"Satisfied so far"

What do you like best?

easy way to have access to applications, tools and files even been remotely. My PC do not get stucked with lot os applications installed.

What do you dislike?

hmmm i don't have nothing to complain :)

with Citrix we dont need to keep installing and updating the tools, applications or files used by the employees. in one access they have everything they need.

Citrix Receiver review by User in Utilities
User in Utilities

"Must Have for intranet access"

What do you like best?

It's very easy for all users to access the Company's portal and intranet with the Citrix Receiver.

What do you dislike?

There's not much I dislike other than the icon setup would be nice to have user personalization, if possible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not sure if it would help increase more users the ability to work remotely or a field operations related workforce to communicate better, but the possibilities with this tool are endless for a mixture of staffing.

I was looking to access my office computer and Company intranet from home more and more with young children. The benefits to work from home have increased significantly!

Citrix Receiver review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"The product tends to crash, but it works for what we need it to do."

What do you like best?

I like that the receiver allows me to access multiple apps from wherever I am. It keeps me connected to products we use regularly without having to install them on my machine.

What do you dislike?

Since the NPAPI was disabled in chrome, we are having to access this product using alternative browsers. It is slower, but everything else seems to work well.

We are accessing our products remotely using the receiver without having to install them on our machines. We can access them on mobile devices, which allows our teams to access the applications while on the field.

Citrix Receiver review by User

"makes working at home possible for me"

What do you like best?

I like how I can work from home and easily log into work and have access to all my files.

What do you dislike?

I do not like how slow it can be sometimes. I have great internet service but sometimes it can be very slow. And there are sometimes it just goes down where I am not able to use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It really a great product for anyone looking to work from home. Or having access to work files when you are not feeling well but have a lot of work to do.

I can be at home any time and when any client or sales person at work needs anything i can get it for them right then. Even when a coworker needs anything withing in a matter or minutes i can have what they want.

Citrix Receiver review by Guy H.
Guy H.

"Network error half of the time"

What do you like best?

When it works, it gets the job done. I can access folders and files in a different server.

What do you dislike?

It gives me a network error often and I have to run it up to the IT team to fix it.. My computer is a part of the hospital network and it could be due to the strict firewalls. But still, it shouldn’t give error like that so often. Now I just gave up fixing it and don’t use the software anymore.

Accessing folders and files from a different server

Citrix Receiver review by Sarah H.
Sarah H.

"Citrix Receiver "

What do you like best?

It is convenient to have the capability of working remote when neededed when family emergencies, vacations, or weather permits you from coming into the office.

What do you dislike?

Citrix Receicer isn’t consistent with connecting to the server when you need it to. Numerous times I have personally had issues with Citrix not connecting and working when needed. It is not clear who you would even contact when they issues arise - whether it is an internal or external issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

More reliable of a product for users

Working remote and flexibility for employees. Work / life balance.

Citrix Receiver review by Lindsay B.
Lindsay B.

"Crashed a lot but great for our shared office"

What do you like best?

As I remember, the ability to implement an intera shared desktop was the main pro.

What do you dislike?

It crashed a lot. We would have to contact our IT department frequently to fix.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say if you have a larger admin office with lots of files that need to be accessed or with multiple security levels, its a good program to use.

The main benefit was the ability to set up and internal receiver for our office of roughly 40 people. Very secure, and great way to handle file storage within your business.

Citrix Receiver review by John S.
John S.

"Great software, makes taking your software to the cloud easy"

What do you like best?

It's easy of use. You can take a desktop software and deploy it to a server and with citrix make it available in your cloud. Made going live easy

What do you dislike?

It forgets" settings occasionally in the web interface. I'd like to see a little better rendering on the web browser so clients wouldn't have to use the application. IT likes the browser much more

Taking our desktop software to the cloud. Made going live with it much faster

Citrix Receiver review by Cassey C.
Cassey C.

"Easy To Use"

What do you like best?

I like that it is easy to use to access my desktop and applications remotely.

What do you dislike?

I find Citrix to be kind of too slow for my liking sometimes.

Provides remote access.

Citrix Receiver review by Crystal M.
Crystal M.

"Great resource!"

What do you like best?

Easy to access and doesn't slow down your system most of the time

What do you dislike?

Sometime crashes when too many things are opened

Keeps everyone on the same page and information easily acce

Citrix Receiver review by Logan T.
Logan T.

"Great way to turn my home office into my work office."

What do you like best?

I love that Citrix provides a seamless portal to connect to different applications and work servers while I’m at home and away from the office.

What do you dislike?

There’s nothing really to dislike. The application runs smoothly and is simple to use. The user interface could benefit from an upgrade as mentioned before.

I think the design could benefit from an upgrade but other than that it runs very smoothly.

Citrix Receiver review by Kilian R.
Kilian R.

"Use Citrix Receiver to allow team access to software"

What do you like best?

Citrix receiver allows us tight security from anywhere. The team can run our applications from on the go which is important in today's market. Allows us more flexibility with hiring.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the rendering on the web browser, the application is solid but the lite version leaves some to be desired

Citrix receiver allows our team much more flexibility and helps us support a remote team.

Citrix Receiver review by Christine G.
Christine G.

"Very efficient"

What do you like best?

This program makes it easy to be efficient at work. It organizes programs and puts them all in once place.

What do you dislike?

There are sometimes problems with connectivity and speed, making us wait to load programs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is worth taking the time to learn how to use all benefits of it.

This consolidates programs and helps us maximize efficiency, improving productivity and cost per minute.

Citrix Receiver review by Agency
Agency

"Effective and straight forward"

What do you like best?

It's very user friendly and intuitive. Even with little training, one with basic knowledge of their job duties would be able to effectively navigate and operate the program.

What do you dislike?

It can get bogged down and sometimes operates slow, especially au the ends of the month when everyone is trying to get their monthly contacts and documentation in all at once.

This helps us stay connected with the agency that uses is as their contract agency and makes sure we document what we need to and make all of our necessary casework contacts and diligent efforts.

Citrix Receiver review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Keeping Everything Connected"

What do you like best?

Citrix is a great way to keep all required applications in one place. It's very easy to access, even when working remotely.

What do you dislike?

If Citrix ever crashes, it is impossible to get any work done as all of our applications are tied to it.

All of our constituent information remains secure, even when staff are working remotely.

Citrix Receiver review by Jadzia T.
Jadzia T.

"Citrix Reciever The Good and Bad"

What do you like best?

The easy sign in process such as Touch ID.

What do you dislike?

The app has frequent connection errors and the mouse feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Work with it, it gets easier to use.

Citrix Reciever can be used on an IPAD and you can basically use it as a virtual desktop and it has everything your work computer has.

Citrix Receiver review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"Easy user experience"

What do you like best?

I like that Citrix Receiver allows me to connect to my work desktop from anywhere!

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great quality product with ease of use!

Allows our employees to access work from anywhere, this is extremely useful for those that are on the go.

Citrix Receiver review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Great for our large organization"

What do you like best?

We are able to work from multiple devices without losing our information. In such a large organization this is key.

What do you dislike?

The software installation took very long.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider using this to ease staff's load.

This has allowed our employees to continue their work from multiple locations on multiple devices which has solved delays in completing work.

Citrix Receiver review by User in Logistics and Supply Chain
User in Logistics and Supply Chain

"Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

I love that you can choose which programs show up on your dashboard.

What do you dislike?

Server issues every now and then. I will get locked out of the server, I think there might be something not severing the entire connection every time I log off.

Easy to use and helpful when working

Citrix Receiver review by Jessica B.
Jessica B.

"Crashes constantly"

What do you like best?

Good for running virtual machines for workstation users.

What do you dislike?

It crashes all the time. Constantly disconnecting, and unhelpful tech support..

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not use if internet connection is slow, or if users need high capacity for daily tasks.

Very few. Spend more time trouble shooting than using it. Works for users with low need for resources.

Citrix Receiver review by User in Building Materials
User in Building Materials

"Citrix-a good way to access applications from outside of your office."

What do you like best?

I like the fact I can get into my pc applications from home if I need to.

What do you dislike?

It does have tendency to crash or needs to be reset.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great way to access your applications while not being in your office.

I am able to access my applications away from my office if needed.

"Citrix Receiver Review"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to access my applications anywhere. I can download Citrix receiver on almost any device and have access to my applications.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I will get logged out randomly and kicked off of the receiver. It is a hassle to sign in again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product , would highly recommend. Can access your applications on the go or and on any device pretty much.

Access to EHR applications is order to complete projects / monitor the production EHR interfaces.

Citrix Receiver review by User in Apparel & Fashion
User in Apparel & Fashion

"Connectivity to the applications"

What do you like best?

Lets me connect directly while in the internal environment and through the web portals when on an external internet connection.

What do you dislike?

No negative features so far. Love this application to the core.

Trouble shooting issues pertaining to the applications, Managing accounts using Active Ditectory, SMS Console.

Citrix Receiver review by Drew N.
Drew N.

"Makes taking software to the cloud a breeze"

What do you like best?

It's light weight and responsive in the UI. Resizes and interfaces well.

What do you dislike?

App launching from the web interface can be sluggish

We use it to take our on prem software to the cloud. allowed an easy transition and cut down on development time.

Citrix Receiver review by Barbara N.
Barbara N.

"Taking work home!"

What do you like best?

I love that I can check work emails from Home as well as check my schedule since Citrix receiver allows me to get on the hospital server.

What do you dislike?

Takes a while to load and sometimes there are errors.

Communication is a lot easier.

Citrix Receiver review by Amber A.
Amber A.

"Using Citrix in a MHMR setting "

What do you like best?

It's a great way to view a lot of info at once for different departments.

What do you dislike?

It can be really slow at times and doesn't work with the graphic settings for the computer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Faster processing

Since intitiating this system, information retrieval and updating existing documents.

Citrix Receiver review by Brittany G.
Brittany G.

"Great product, easy bbn to use"

What do you like best?

It is very user friendly. It is also very easy to teach.

What do you dislike?

It can take a while to set up, and get the right product installed

It provides a safe VPN that is secure and fast

Citrix Receiver review by Klara H.
Klara H.

"Easy to work remotely via Citrix"

What do you like best?

I can log in from anywhere to my work computer and know that the connection is secure

What do you dislike?

Occasionally Citrix will not load/will load very slowly even while using high-speed Internet

Telecommuting, accessing all documents I have permission to via home computer

Citrix Receiver review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Gets the job done"

What do you like best?

I like that I can access a network space from anywhere.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the application is slow to launch.

My organization uses Citrix Receiver to give clients and support access client databases. It is very eimply to use!

Citrix Receiver review by Brittany C.
Brittany C.

"Citrix"

What do you like best?

The program has a lot of great functions for the job

What do you dislike?

The program sometimes has glitches and runs slow.

Our whole operation runs from this system so everything is being solved with this program.

Citrix Receiver review by Evan G.
Evan G.

"Citrix Receiver"

What do you like best?

ability to connect to multiple machines from a single console. maintain sessions across platforms.

What do you dislike?

sometimes can be buggy and cause me to disconnect from my session

connect to virtual desktops seamlessly across multiple platforms

Citrix Receiver review by User in Mental Health Care
User in Mental Health Care

"Freezing Issues"

What do you like best?

Everything can be accessed from one main screen, which is nice.

What do you dislike?

There is so much freezing that occurs, and when this happens, everything that’s cutrently running will shut down.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Small bugs to be worked out, but pros outweigh the cons.

It provides flow. We are able to put in an order for a product, consume and produce items needed to make it, ship it, and bill it using one software.

Citrix Receiver review by Lea C.
Lea C.

"It works"

What do you like best?

This program can house many applications and be used company wide.

What do you dislike?

It is web based and can be really slow.

No problem solving. Benefits are syncing different programs of shared data

Citrix Receiver review by Charli B.
Charli B.

"Slow but does what it needs to "

What do you like best?

Remote Desktop to servers across the country

What do you dislike?

Slow but does what it needs to do even though can be frustrating

Gives us access to computers from 8-10 states away

Citrix Receiver review by Consultant

"Gets the job done"

What do you like best?

I really like that you can't access VDIs from either the downloadable client or via a web browser.

What do you dislike?

I've found lots of small hiccups, such as the menu obscuring some of the desktop without an option to hide it, and when accessing through the web browser, it makes you download the client even if you already have it.

Virtual Desktops to access internal resources from outside of the company network.

Citrix Receiver review by Administrator in Real Estate
Administrator in Real Estate

"Easy for Users"

What do you like best?

I like best that it's friendly for users. Once you have your backend setup and running, all they have to do is sign in and there are their apps based on AD group memberships.

What do you dislike?

What I don't like is that it's still a remote session of sorts, so hanging sessions do still occur from time to time.

We are able to connect users from all over the US

Citrix Receiver review by Spenser H.
Spenser H.

"Efficient way to access EHR"

What do you like best?

Can access the EHR anywhere with WiFi connection

What do you dislike?

Scrolling on pages is very difficult to do

Recommendations to others considering the product

make sure it works on your organization's devices

Mobile connectivity

Citrix Receiver review by User in Investment Banking
User in Investment Banking

"Great way to use VPN"

What do you like best?

Allows me to work from home and connect quickly to the office network

What do you dislike?

Can be difficult to use on public wifi and clunky compared to more modern VPN services

Connectivity is the key problem that Citrox addresses. In a role with a lot of travelling it is important that I have a secure and reliable connection to the office network.

"Worked well "

What do you like best?

I liked that the system didn’t turn off or crash often. Overall it was a reliable product.

What do you dislike?

When it shut down it would take a long time for it to come back up.

Citrix receiver solves the issue of needing several different pieces of equipment to work together on a computer by integrating all plug ins easily

Citrix Receiver review by User in Newspapers
User in Newspapers

"Gets the job done "

What do you like best?

Interface isn't terrible. Simple. Puts everything in one place.

What do you dislike?

Somewhat limiting. Seems like it wouldn't be great for accessibility.

Allows Remote Desktop access

Citrix Receiver review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Citrix"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, consistent platform with profile management.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it seems glitchy with random reorganization of icons and loss of settings

Profile management

"Clinical Citrix Receiver"

What do you like best?

For the most part it is a reliable way to access EPIC on the various computers in the clinical office where I worked.

What do you dislike?

Occassionally we would have issues with the system going down and being unable to access the electronic health records.

Being able to safely and securely pull up our EHR system on multiple computers.

Citrix Receiver review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"My company put most of our work apps on it"

What do you like best?

It provides a one stop shop for all my necessary software for the work I do. Access is relatively easy

What do you dislike?

Productivity grinds to a halt when there are issues. We run into occasional issues with it that require IT support, resulting in me being completely unable to do my work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

N/A

Easy to access location for software

View Original

"Citrix review"

What do you like best?

Citrix keeps everything pci compliant and secure it’s also easier to use and keep everyone in the same network

What do you dislike?

It’s very slow and sometimes has trouble connecting to my desktop

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a lot of employees on it consider having multiple receivers

It helps stay pci compliant and it keeps everyone in a controlled environment

Citrix Receiver review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Reliable application and easy integration "

What do you like best?

I enjoy using Citrix receiver to safely open other applications that are security sensitive and confidential.

What do you dislike?

I would like an update and easier transition to other applications on the mobile application.

I am able to log into Kronos and enet from home and self schedule, view payroll and make changes to any of my information.

"citrix receiver uses"

What do you like best?

We use citrix receiver for our users to access Microsoft Dynamics for Ordering and checking status.

What do you dislike?

It can be buggy sometimes and kick a user off but still have them logged into server creating a ghost session.

We are letting our reps connect to our MRP system to create orders and check status

Citrix Receiver review by User in Higher Education

"Easy Access to Everything "

What do you like best?

Citrix allows all of your applications to be in one spot making it easy and efficient

What do you dislike?

I have yet to find anything I dislike about this product

Saves us lots of time with charting in the hospital and accomplishing other work tasks as they were all located in one place

Citrix Receiver review by User

"Works great when configured correctly"

What do you like best?

The program is very easy to install and use once set up.

What do you dislike?

Can be quite difficult to configure properly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have details on configuring it to access your internal system if you are a more beginner/novice level computer user.

Accessing internal confidential material in a secure environment.

"Poor Connectivity"

What do you like best?

Allows sharing between remote offices easy.

What do you dislike?

It works well when there is a smooth internet connection. The slightest drop in signal, however, will shut down the program. Often companies using this do not have the same resources on desktops, so work is limited.

Network sharing

"Citrix review"

What do you like best?

The ability to log in remotely from home.

What do you dislike?

It is extremely slow to use, and accordingly, difficult to do my work.

The benefit is being able to respond to work emails and/or do work on the weekends without having to go into the office.

Citrix Receiver review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Useful tool for large companies"

What do you like best?

I like that I’m about to access my work files from a remote location while traveling

What do you dislike?

Slow oftentimes when remote which makes my workday more difficult I

This solves any issues of inaccessibility while at an offsite location or while traveling to clients

Citrix Receiver review by User in Medical Practice
User in Medical Practice

"citrix"

What do you like best?

This software allows me to access electronic health records remotely

What do you dislike?

sometimes it will keep telling me to download the receiver even though I already have for my PC

The ability to look up documents from home, which is necessary in the healthcare inudstry

Citrix Receiver review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"Okay but not favorite "

What do you like best?

Easy once you learn. Can use multiple apps from one place. Tends to load very slow.

What do you dislike?

I don’t like that this system tends to be slow and constantly needs to be refreshed.

Can locate multiple apps from one place. Very centralized workstation.

Citrix Receiver review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"Citrix Receiver, works great for remote presence"

What do you like best?

Fast easy to use, let's you copy text and screens. It's like using the remote computer on site.

What do you dislike?

Almost anything I really remommend it for business use

We're using servers and applicattions based in other parts of the world.

Citrix Receiver review by User in Medical Practice
User in Medical Practice

"Great Product "

What do you like best?

helps with opening Sutter production effectively and efficiently to begin rooming patients or accessing charts

What do you dislike?

nothing really, this product does what it’s supposed to.

Just able to quickly untilize EHR Sutter Production in a fast manner without delay

Citrix Receiver review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"Good for sharing files, if a bit clunky"

What do you like best?

Citrix Receiver helps us share files at work across both Mac and PC operating systems

What do you dislike?

Slow to load, can use up a lot of your computer's bandwidth

Allows teams to share and view documents, and access financial records

Citrix Receiver review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Virtual "

What do you like best?

The program helps my team process their work remotely efficiently

What do you dislike?

The software from time to time would freeze while loading. It only happened rarely.

The program solves the problem of processing transactions remotely

"Remote access"

What do you like best?

I like that I can connect to my firm computer remotely

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it’s a little glitchy going back and forth with the regular desktop

Remote access

"User friendlt"

What do you like best?

Being used to Apple products, Citrix is super easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I don’t like that it has too many icons.

It slows down the como.

Learning about Citrix Receiver?

* We monitor all Citrix Receiver reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.