Citrix ShareFile

Citrix ShareFile allows you to create a custom-branded file storage & sharing solution, password-protected space where you can exchange business files with clients easily and securely.

Work for Citrix ShareFile?
Flockrush vs avg  busscontmang  2x

Learning about Citrix?

Citrix ShareFile Reviews

Ask Citrix a Question
Showing 430 Citrix reviews
Citrix review by <span>Michael C.</span>
Michael C.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

One of our most-used features of ShareFile is setting up our clients with individual folders to allow them to upload and store their advertising creative. This is similar to FTP, but ShareFile allows us to receive notifications based on upload, download, etc on a per-folder and per-user basis. We also set it up to notify the client when their ad is downloaded by a member of our team, thereby completely automating the ad delivery process for our publication. The other great feature of ShareFile that we use is desktop app synchronization. This allows ads to be curated by our ad manager and delivered to our production team automatically.

What do you dislike?

The web interface can be a bit hit or miss at times, and performance can also vary. The desktop sync apps also are a bit sluggish and would benefit from an improvement in responsiveness.

Since jumping on board with ShareFile in 2012, the platform has grown along with our organization and has allowed us to reliably request, store and manage client advertising materials for our publication. It has also helped automate our internal and external communication processes regarding advertising material.

0 of 0 found this helpful.
Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Citrix ShareFile
Citrix review by <span>Jason B.</span>
Jason B.
Validated Review

Easy to share files instantly

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to share files around the office or on the go. When I need to show my partner something, I don't want to have to wait to transfer it to a flash drive then give that to him. I'd rather just share it through this software because it's way quicker and easier to use

What do you dislike?

Nothing at all, I can' think of anything that I don't specifically like about it because it's so great and easy to use

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this to others who need a quicker solution to sending files around to coworkers or other people halfway across the world even. It's quick and simple to use and allows you to send anything at the click of a button which makes it a 5/5 for me

I've realized how much easier it is to solve the rather simple task of sharing files with my co workers. All I need to do is put it on sharefile and then they can view the file almost instantly

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Business Content Management solution do you use?

Citrix review by <span>Dasha B.</span>
Dasha B.
Validated Review

Quick and Easy file storage and sharing

Validated Review
What do you like best?

My absolute favorite part of the Sharefile experience is how quick and easy it is to use. It's also pretty intuitive, so even a person not familiar with it can quickly figure out how to do everything they need to do.

What do you dislike?

The last update featured a couple of changes that added more steps for us to share files, but I had discussed these with their development team and they gave me assistance on how to work around it. So there really aren't any things that I dislike.

Before, we had a server dedicated entirely to storing files. Each time we needed to send large files to the client, we needed to remotely log into the FTP server, set up a username and password for each folder, then log it in an excel spreadsheet. With sharefile, the entire process has been sped up from about 10 minutes down to about 30 seconds. Our company sends a lot of large files, so it was something we dealt with on a daily basis. Additionally, there are no more issues with space, because we are not hosting all the files we are sending ourselves.

Citrix review by <span>Jill R.</span>
Jill R.

Good, but limited

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Ease of sending large files and files securely through links. We can save documents we regularly use and save the links to the docs or folders and keep them in email templates. E.g. hiring packets, patient intake paperwork, etc. Our front desk loves this feature and they don't have to worry about forgetting to attach all the paperwork. We no longer have to worry about how large the files are as well.

What do you dislike?

Limited features, unable to send messages without attaching a file, less integrated than expected. It would be nice to be able to edit documents within the system and not have to download and re-upload from the desktop app. When someone opens the download link it would be better if they had a landing page that told them what they are downloading, and the size. Right now it just goes directly into downloading it to their downloads folder. We had issues with the RightSign portion not being HIPAA compliant at first and our account was set up under the wrong account type with features that made our account not HIPAA compliant. They have since resolved it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure it will really do what you need and verify that, our sales team overstated the capabilities, and the initial HIPAA compliance when we signed up.

Hipaa secure emailing of forms, sending and storing of large files.

Citrix review by <span>Keith and Shannon F.</span>
Keith and Shannon F.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

Unlimited Clients to share with! Other providers require clients to be users and charge PER HEAD making it cost prohibitive. Tracking of who downloads what and limiting # of times to access. Super easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Could use improvement on entire folder tree being visible. Seems an easy fix so I'm thinking this feature is coming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you check out the new plans that recently changed. My only gripe with the customer service is that my needs actually warranted a DOWN GRADE and DECREASE in pricing with their new plans. I discovered this on my own and practically by accident after I researched alternatives and went pretty far with one and discovered they were NOT what I needed. I downgraded just before my "recommended package" pricing kicked in which was a 50% increase. Would have been nice to have a customer service rep look into us and make the appropriate recommendation. They almost lost us!

Keeping proprietary information only in the hands of those who pay for it.

Citrix review by <span>Vera V.</span>
Vera V.

Safe, Secure & Fast

Validated Review
What do you like best?

My favorite is the detailed reporting, being able to see not only login times and user ids of who is accessing files, but even the IP address they're accessing them from. It gives me piece of mind.

What do you dislike?

My biggest frustration with the product isn't one they can control. We use a virtual office version of Microsoft Outlook, which is maintained by our vendor, Thomson Reuters. So we can't use the Sharefile plugin for Outlook, which if we could, would make the process of securely sending files to clients so much easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're starting a new business, set up and use Sharefile from the very start. We had to manually add each of our clients, because the bulk import feature wouldn't allow us to set a custom file structure template to it. It was well worth it in the end, but it took a few weeks to get everyone set up.

Being able to confidently and securely send large files and secure documents. A few years ago I was pretty new to business IT needs, and I didn't realize how insecure even password protected .pdf files could be. Sharefile gives me that security.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

Learning about Citrix ShareFile?

* We monitor all Citrix ShareFile reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.