CKEditor 4

Web text editor for everyone

Work for CKEditor 4?

Learning about CKEditor 4?

CKEditor 4 Reviews

Ask CKEditor 4 a Question
Showing 14 CKEditor 4 reviews
CKEditor 4 review by <span>Aaron M.</span>
Aaron M.

"Fully Customisable WYSIWYG Editor"

What do you like best?

Not only is the WYSIWYG editor extremely sleek looking but the fact that you can also skin it to how you like to fit your application makes a world of a difference. The vast selection of add-ons also extends the editors capabilities.

What do you dislike?

There isn't really any big thing to dislike about the CKEditor 4 as it does exactly what is describes. The only issue we have with the CKEditor experience is with the new CKEditor 5. As we use this with our bespoke content management system, the pricing structure of the new CKEditor 5 doesn't work for our needs will end up making us having to pass on the extra costs to our customers which isn't what we want to achieve. This may end up resulting in investing in another solution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend using the CKFinder as a complementary service to the CKEditor. This gives a complete solution to your HTML editing needs.

Being able to have a simple interface that we can customize to show only the features needed help to make it an easier experience for the end user. An easier experience means a happy user which is good for business.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about CKEditor 4
CKEditor 4 review by <span>Divyamol J.</span>
Divyamol J.

"Best editor wiith a professional touch"

What do you like best?

User interface is pretty simple and classy. May be it is old, but it is classy. I have integrated the CK editor in one of my invoice mail sending application. Earlier it was some other heavy editor tool, which was pushed with more features and UI. Later I replaced the application with CK editor plugin and it worked like a charm with high speed and faster performance. Now users can easily edit their content without much loading issues.

What do you dislike?

As a developer there is nothing I dislike about the plugin. Still certain areas can be improved. Lots of new editors are launching day by day to attract users to use in web applications. So make use of the current technology benefits are the challenge that would need from the CK editor development team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a simple and easy plugin editor to integrate in your application, then CK editor is the best solution. Mostly developers will look for a reliable and less buggy plugin as an editor. So,CK editor is good in that perspective. You can see very well documented plugin integration, so that developers can easily integrate this plugin in a web application.

An application's success relies on the end user's usability. As an editor, CK editor did that part very well. Main benefit I can see is the page load very fast with CK editor than any other editor. Performance vice it is very good.

What WYSIWYG Editors solution do you use?

CKEditor 4 review by <span>Drago H.</span>
Drago H.

"WYSIWYG text editor that customer easy to use and understand"

What do you like best?

CKEditor is a software where you can add text for your website content. It has many features that help customers easily write about what they wanted to be like. we 'the-web-developer' can also customize by adding plugins for the customer. the copy and paste is very helpful, because some customer like to write it first in different software. there are also preview for every post that will be posted, so its really helpful to help the customer to see the post what it will be look like.

What do you dislike?

CKEditor is a software from the 90's, so the appearance it self is old. they still use a button like layout. I hope they can give a theme features so we can customize it to match the web. a features to add a simple color is also good, but if there's a theme feature it will be better. bur functionally, it's great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this software because you can easily manage the text because of the rich text format compatibility. and the image properties that you can adjust directly from CKEditor.

many of our customers likes to write a lot of stories, wherever directly to CKEditor or from other software such as notepad. by using CKEditor, they can easily copy and paste their writing. and most of all whats helping them the most is the post preview.

CKEditor 4 review by <span>Vitalii Z.</span>
Vitalii Z.

"It helped my product to become valuable for my customers"

What do you like best?

I really liked the flexibility and extendibility of the CKEditor. I am myself a web-developer, and I've tried a couple of different solutions. My task was to enable users to work with some user-friendly text editor. CKEditor allowed me to easily created needed widgets, styles and implement my own custom logic. Everything is well documented and have enough examples. Community is big, and there is plenty of answers or typical problems solved on stackoverflow.

It's open-source and the license is really convenient for further use.

What do you dislike?

Creating a custom build was kind of difficult for the first time. I wish it had more documentation. But please keep in mind that I have had a rather edge case.

There was a bug when using CKEditor in the iframe, but I addressed it in my PR which was merged by the repository maintainer.

My customers had a problem of dealing with the raw markup of a certain product. To improve their UX, I've intergrated CKEditor into the mentioned product, and added a logic to convert this raw markup to the nice and intuitive representation. CKEditor was the key for success.

CKEditor 4 review by <span>Oğuzhan K.</span>
Oğuzhan K.

"The only plugin that the sector needs"

What do you like best?

Perfect handling "dirty" content (I can even select&copy from a website and paste to it)

Very well implemented plugin mechanism (wrote some plugins, working like a charm)

So much already-implemented plugins thanks to open-source crowd

What do you dislike?

Plugins implemented by open source are not well-documented, most of time i have to take deeper look into plugin source code to understand whether that plugins supports something i need or not

Formerly we were using Telerik's Html editor at Hostamedia, however its like 90s editor and upgrading to CKEditor was one of the best decisions we made so far.

Older editor was keeping even "body" tags in result content, wtf? how can it be? how can an html editor contain body tag? Moreover, it keeps whole stylesheet from word after pasting, which we dont want.

Inline editing feature of CKEditor is superb. We are implementing some mechanism related to inline editing and we will need that

CKEditor 4 review by <span>Nurman Z.</span>
Nurman Z.

"Interesting WYSIWYG text editor that I've seen so far"

What do you like best?

CKeditor have many features that I need. Rich Text Format, images upload directly. It help my clients to build their website content by them self. So that's why CKeditor is one of my favorite WYSIWYG. They also hide the complexities of creating markup by automatically inserting tags into generating HTML which is persisted in the CMS and displayed as part of viewed webpages.

What do you dislike?

Functionally, nothing to dislike. But, the layout for the plugin, is really outdated and it's feel like kind of 90's Editor.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For web developer which considered for the ease to handle, CKEditor is one of the editor that you should use

For client view, CKeditor is the most simple and yet more perfect than the previous editor that I have ever used.

Learning about CKEditor 4?

* We monitor all CKEditor 4 reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.