ClaimMaster

ClaimMaster is a software tool for patent proofreading and analysis. ClaimMaster automates error-checking of patent documents, allowing you to create internally consistent and well-written patent applications. In addition, ClaimMaster streamlines numerous patent prosecution and litigation tasks. ClaimMaster is fully integrated with the latest versions of Microsoft Word.

Work for ClaimMaster?

Showing 19 ClaimMaster reviews
ClaimMaster review by <span>Emilie B.</span>
Emilie B.

ClaimMaster is Essential for Patent Drafting

What do you like best?

I love the Time-Saving Tools, especially the ability to update amendments and status indicators. I also think the family tree tool is awesome. It's incredibly helpful and a fun value added service we can provide our clients.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything I dislike. I use FoundationIP for form generation and IDS generation so those tools are not ones I use. However, if our Firm did not have FoundationIP, I would be interested in these additional options available through this software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool is invaluable to the patent drafting process. I highly recommend the trial if you are unsure. After a month, you will see that you need to go ahead and purchase this software. There are so many tools in this one product, including downloading documents and data from Private/Public PAIR, IDS tool, claim comparison--you need this product!

This product makes preparing office action responses and clean copies of claims so quick and easy. It saves our staff so much time. For our associates, the ability to check the application for inconsistencies has made our patent drafts better and cleaner.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about ClaimMaster
ClaimMaster review by <span>Brad F.</span>
Brad F.

Saves me time

What do you like best?

-Automatic downloading of all patents cited by examiner

-Automated Office Action replies generated based on file wrapper

-Checking claims for errors like antecedent basis problems

What do you dislike?

-Sometimes runs a bit slow when trying to analyze an OA (could be my PC though)

This is a time saving tool at its heart. If you have a team of paralegals and assistants to do this work for you it may not be needed but for solo or small practices its a blessing. I also use it to check claims for errors.

What Intellectual Property Management solution do you use?

ClaimMaster review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

Claim master leads to Granted Patents

What do you like best?

I llike the way it checks my claims for errors and antecedent issues.

What do you dislike?

The tool allows you to manually add parsing preferences, but does not allow the parsing preferences to be attached to a specific document that has your claims. Instead there is only one file use to store the parsing preferences for all the Patents one is working on. This is a real hassle as you go between Patents.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Well worth the money.

I am an engineer working in a two man technical startup. To save money, I have personnaly written and filed all our patent appplications. Claim master provided me a tool to write high quality claims without a lawyer. I have no law background, but managed to get 18 U.S . Patents granted using claim master .

ClaimMaster review by <span>Christopher B.</span>
Christopher B.

A must-have tool for patent drafting.

What do you like best?

Claimmaster constantly spots errors in my claims even when I'm sure I have none. Gives me piece of mind that my claims are in good form before I send to others for review.

What do you dislike?

The antecedent basis checker is good, but can be improved. For example, if i say, "selecting a thing"...then later say "the selected thing", claim master flags that as an antecedent error, when it is not.

Quality of work has been increased since using claim master.

ClaimMaster review by <span>Diane D.</span>
Diane D.

Claimmaster is a valuable tool for patent professionals.

What do you like best?

Automated features for document editing and data/PDF capture.

What do you dislike?

It can be a little glitchy, for example when I have generated claim status identifiers, it can miss the claims and make seemingly random edits in the specification text.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Price is good but would be better if more options for modules were avaialble.

IDS prep is a huge time savings and helps eliminate many of the human errors in IDS form prep.

ClaimMaster review by User

Claimmaster is a Great Tool

What do you like best?

The features for checking for errors in claims, checking for antecedent basis, and checking reference numbers.

What do you dislike?

I have had trouble getting the form filling to work for requests for continued examinations.

ClaimMaster has helped me find errors in my patent applications and my claim amendments that I would not have found otherwise. It has also saved me time.

Learning about ClaimMaster?

* We monitor all ClaimMaster reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.