ClaimMaster

ClaimMaster is a software tool for patent proofreading and analysis. ClaimMaster automates error-checking of patent documents, allowing you to create internally consistent and well-written patent applications. In addition, ClaimMaster streamlines numerous patent prosecution and litigation tasks. ClaimMaster is fully integrated with the latest versions of Microsoft Word.

Work for ClaimMaster?

Learning about ClaimMaster?

ClaimMaster Reviews

Ask ClaimMaster a Question
Showing 21 ClaimMaster reviews
ClaimMaster review by Emilie B.
Emilie B.

"ClaimMaster is Essential for Patent Drafting"

What do you like best?

I love the Time-Saving Tools, especially the ability to update amendments and status indicators. I also think the family tree tool is awesome. It's incredibly helpful and a fun value added service we can provide our clients.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything I dislike. I use FoundationIP for form generation and IDS generation so those tools are not ones I use. However, if our Firm did not have FoundationIP, I would be interested in these additional options available through this software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool is invaluable to the patent drafting process. I highly recommend the trial if you are unsure. After a month, you will see that you need to go ahead and purchase this software. There are so many tools in this one product, including downloading documents and data from Private/Public PAIR, IDS tool, claim comparison--you need this product!

This product makes preparing office action responses and clean copies of claims so quick and easy. It saves our staff so much time. For our associates, the ability to check the application for inconsistencies has made our patent drafts better and cleaner.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about ClaimMaster
ClaimMaster review by Kinza H.
Kinza H.

"Must have software for patent practitioners"

What do you like best?

ClaimMaster is easy to use and can be used to review Office action responses as well as new applications.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to use Word while the software is processing. This typically takes only a few minutes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If ClaimMaster saves you from having to correct just one mistake a year, it's worth the purchase.

ClaimMaster allows checking of claims and other portions of a patent application (reference numbers, etc). It is a great way to double check applications and response for any issues prior to submission.

What Intellectual Property Management solution do you use?

ClaimMaster review by Brad F.
Brad F.

"Saves me time"

What do you like best?

-Automatic downloading of all patents cited by examiner

-Automated Office Action replies generated based on file wrapper

-Checking claims for errors like antecedent basis problems

What do you dislike?

-Sometimes runs a bit slow when trying to analyze an OA (could be my PC though)

This is a time saving tool at its heart. If you have a team of paralegals and assistants to do this work for you it may not be needed but for solo or small practices its a blessing. I also use it to check claims for errors.

ClaimMaster review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"Claim master leads to Granted Patents"

What do you like best?

I llike the way it checks my claims for errors and antecedent issues.

What do you dislike?

The tool allows you to manually add parsing preferences, but does not allow the parsing preferences to be attached to a specific document that has your claims. Instead there is only one file use to store the parsing preferences for all the Patents one is working on. This is a real hassle as you go between Patents.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Well worth the money.

I am an engineer working in a two man technical startup. To save money, I have personnaly written and filed all our patent appplications. Claim master provided me a tool to write high quality claims without a lawyer. I have no law background, but managed to get 18 U.S . Patents granted using claim master .

ClaimMaster review by Christopher B.
Christopher B.

"A must-have tool for patent drafting. "

What do you like best?

Claimmaster constantly spots errors in my claims even when I'm sure I have none. Gives me piece of mind that my claims are in good form before I send to others for review.

What do you dislike?

The antecedent basis checker is good, but can be improved. For example, if i say, "selecting a thing"...then later say "the selected thing", claim master flags that as an antecedent error, when it is not.

Quality of work has been increased since using claim master.

ClaimMaster review by Diane D.
Diane D.

"Claimmaster is a valuable tool for patent professionals."

What do you like best?

Automated features for document editing and data/PDF capture.

What do you dislike?

It can be a little glitchy, for example when I have generated claim status identifiers, it can miss the claims and make seemingly random edits in the specification text.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Price is good but would be better if more options for modules were avaialble.

IDS prep is a huge time savings and helps eliminate many of the human errors in IDS form prep.

ClaimMaster review by michelle c.
michelle c.

"ClaimMaster is great for high level review of draft applications. "

What do you like best?

Automated figure number and antecedent basis review.

What do you dislike?

It claims to be customizable but is very difficult to customize without SW or IT background. I would love to see some kind of GUI or wizard that could walk a knucklehead like me through custom rule making.

catch more issues on review of drafts with CM

ClaimMaster review by User

"Claimmaster is a Great Tool"

What do you like best?

The features for checking for errors in claims, checking for antecedent basis, and checking reference numbers.

What do you dislike?

I have had trouble getting the form filling to work for requests for continued examinations.

ClaimMaster has helped me find errors in my patent applications and my claim amendments that I would not have found otherwise. It has also saved me time.

ClaimMaster review by User

"Cost effective proofreading tool for US patent specificatin"

What do you like best?

ClaimMaster obviates the checks for antecedent basis and offers automatic checks for formality and possibly limiting expression. What I like is easiness in customizing the proofreading rule setting.

What do you dislike?

Upon installing a new version, the customized rule setting file (xml fille) is rewritten by the setting file of new version. I delete the new settiong file and restore the customized rule setting file, but it is difficult to know whether the setting file of new version includes revision made by the provider.

Burdensome proofreading in patent specification becomes easy.

"Very helpful tool"

What do you like best?

I like that it runs in MS-Word so you don't need a network connection for the main proofreading and editing functions

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a MacOS version for Apple computers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very helpful too; highly recommended.

ClaimMaster saves time and improves the quality of my patent documents.

ClaimMaster review by User in Semiconductors
User in Semiconductors

"Good claim analysis tool with some systemic issues"

What do you like best?

ClaimMaster delivers a reliable check of claim construction issues. The specification reference numbers check is also good for a first pass consistency check.

What do you dislike?

There are valid claim constructions often used that are highlighted by the tool as wrong or suspect (I am trained to ignore them). I've also had issues with the renewal process.

ClaimMaster solves the problem of human error (e.g., missing/wrong words, antecedent issues, confusing construction, etc.) in claim construction. The benefits are efficiency in patent application development and later prosecution.

ClaimMaster review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer

"Issues with clalim linkage"

What do you like best?

Ease of module use. Ease of module use.

What do you dislike?

The fact that Claim master doesn't understand automatic claim linkage of MSWord (i.e., cross-reference feature) and I have to save my claims in pdf, and convert them back to MSWord in order to process them via ClaimMaster. This is very annoying. Once I do this, though, the software works great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its great for cleam proofingn unless you are using MSWord cross-reference feature

Checking claims for consistency, typos and antecedent basis

ClaimMaster review by User

"Great patent proofreading software"

What do you like best?

Claim parsing is the feature which I like best.

What do you dislike?

The software can sometimes take a few seconds to parse claims, especially on very old computers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take some time to get use to using it, it becomes quick and easy with experience but might seen a bit of a curve at first blush.

The software helps identify common (but persistent) errors in patent claim drafting as well as other aspects of patent prosecution through it's patent proofreading tools.

ClaimMaster review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice

"Good for US, OK for EP"

What do you like best?

Checking for antecedent basis, and reference numeral usage. The ability to cross-check between the description and claims is particularly useful.

What do you dislike?

Mostly US focussed. It would be could to have an EP option.

Quality control of patent drafts and amendments.

ClaimMaster review by Megan W.
Megan W.

"Great tool, needs some work"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, the reference number check, antecedent check

What do you dislike?

Most of the time the antecedent issue is incorrect

some antecedent issues. Love the reference check. IDS needs to improve.

ClaimMaster review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice

"Great product.. certainly improves the quality of applications"

What do you like best?

Antecedent basis + error checker on claims.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes gives erroneous errors such as the last claim not including a period.

Final check on each application I draft.

ClaimMaster review by User in Medical Devices
User in Medical Devices

"ClaimMaster"

What do you like best?

Searching through the specification and claims to check for antecedent basis

What do you dislike?

Probably this is the fault of VBA, but the interface is a bit clunky or perhaps a little dated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The basic features are worth the price. The additional features can be integrated into your normal procedures as the need arises.

Increased speed in drafting applications and responses

ClaimMaster review by User in Legal Services
User in Legal Services

"Excellent tool"

What do you like best?

The downloading and editing functionalities alone are worth the price of admission.

What do you dislike?

Not much, though I'd like to be able to use my license on two machines. I'd also like functionality that can pull rejection language from office actions for use in responses in an easy way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the single best tool available for prosecutors.

Prosecution efficiency.

ClaimMaster review by User in Legal Services
User in Legal Services

"Good at what it does"

What do you like best?

I'm a European qualified attorney. It reminds me to take account of the differences between European and US practise

What do you dislike?

The 'add reference numerals to claims' feature tracks the replacement to the features as well as the reference, which is not standard

Reaching a high quality draft sooner, ironing out stupid errors quickly

"Awesome product!"

What do you like best?

The ability to check part number in the application and compare to the drawings is amazing.

What do you dislike?

It isn't the smoothest or best looking software, but it's really functional.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you draft patent applications, this is a must have!

Improved quality of documents created.

ClaimMaster review by Administrator

"We are using it normally"

What do you like best?

It works good for the things we are doing with it.

What do you dislike?

Bugfixes should be free even if your subscription has expired.

We are checking our patent documents with it.

Learning about ClaimMaster?

* We monitor all ClaimMaster reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.