ClassDojo

ClassDojo is a simple classroom management using positive feedback and parent communication.

Work for ClassDojo?

Learning about ClassDojo?

ClassDojo Reviews

Ask ClassDojo a Question
Showing 119 ClassDojo reviews
ClassDojo review by Emily B.
Emily B.

"Fantastic Classroom Management Tool!"

What do you like best?

It has every tool I need in the classroom!

What do you dislike?

The app is glitchy at times, it has difficulties in transfering from ipad to my laptop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Experiment with it before implementing it into your classroom, make sure that your students take part in deciding what they should be earning points for and losing points for to build a class community!

ClassDojo was exactly what I needed as a first year teacher. It allowed me to establish a consistent behavior system that used rewards and consequences, provided incentive for my students to reach success in a subtle way, provided mini lessons in life skills, gave me useful tools to use in creating groups, providing directions, giving a greeting message, working music, the list goes on and on. Most importantly, however, ClassDojo was the absolutely perfect tool in keeping parents aware of what was going on in the classroom. Parents in my room used this to message me, monitor their student's behavior, and even to see work that we were doing in the classroom so that they could have extra assistance at home with homework! It truly was an all in one tool that I will happily continue to use in future years.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about ClassDojo
ClassDojo review by Sharyn F.
Sharyn F.

"Class Dojo for Management and Communication"

What do you like best?

Class Dojo allows you to set up an individual class. You can reward students with points for good behavior and take points away for poor behavior. There are set behaviors and point values, and you can edit and add your own. It also has a system that you can set up to message paremts individually or as a group.

What do you dislike?

Parents must sign up, and not everyone does. Not everyone likes online communication. It can be subjective, so I always try to keep a device near me so that I can assign points consistently. Some students like being able to login and track, but other students do not. Students are always asking about their points because they like to see what they are doing.

Parents like communication, so this is a nice way for me to send out a message and let parents know what is going on in the classroom. They like the consistent updates and communication .

What Classroom Management solution do you use?

ClassDojo review by Melissa V.
Melissa V.

"Class dojo - great classroom tool"

What do you like best?

What I enjoy most with class dojo as a parent and as a teacher is the user friendly platform. It gives me the opportunity to send a message out to parents, display how the student is showing responsibility in school and most importantly the students LOVE it. It makes sounds for a job well done motivating them to make better choices. Lastly, you can share your class with other teachers who also share time with the students.

What do you dislike?

Class dojo although you can share. Message and see who read it, it does not allow the parent to reply all. When setting up a list of items needed to donate to the class this would be a great option to have. The avatars also always look happy even if the student is in red or negative points. I wish the facial expressions would change along with the students points earned.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great classroom management tool.

Classroom management and classroom communication with parents.

ClassDojo review by Jennifer B.
Jennifer B.

"Closing the communication gap between school and home."

What do you like best?

I have two accounts for this app one I have is a parent and I use it to keep track of my son's behaviors at school I also use it to communicate with the teacher and to see how his academics are going.

I also have a second account set up with the teacher and I love that I am able to give live feedback to them throughout the day and they didn't of vacation straight on their phone additionally I like the fact that they can see how they are doing and they put it up in the smart board for them to be able to have immediate feedback to their behavior

What do you dislike?

The part I dislike is that they have limited options for avatar choices that each student can pick as their picture. I wish that we could upload pictures for each student to have more of a buy-in to program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Must try for your classroom

I use it for classroom management and parents teacher communication.

ClassDojo review by Sarah S.
Sarah S.

"Cute Class Management "

What do you like best?

I like the ability to quickly communicate student behavior with parents as well as share information on the fly. I appreciate being able to share photos of events like field trips that parents would not otherwise be able to see.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I cans subtract specific amounts of points if students want to “spend “ them for rewards. I wish it were more like a bank account type setup.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is good for elementary teachers; I tried it with sixth grade several years ago but they didn’t buy in. My fourth graders love it and so do their parents.

I am cutting down on the Time it takes to communicate with each parent regularly. I can share much more information in much less time.

ClassDojo review by Keshia B.
Keshia B.

"Communication and Behavior"

What do you like best?

The feature that I like best is the ability to communicate with parents. In the school that I work in many parents have their phones shut off month after month but they still have the ability to connect to wifi. When I call them to speak about their students there are many parents that do not answer. I am able to message them on dojo and they quickly respond.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that I do not have the option to set up multiple classes within one teacher login. I teach 2 round of mathematics and I would like to display only the students in their class group.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ClassDojo is a combination of so many other tools that I use to use. ClassDojos allows me to communicate with parents. It allows me to monitor students behaviors. It collects the data of the students behaviors for me. It allows me to place timers on the board. It will randomize groups for me.

As a school we have been able to share students and award points to students doing well. My principal and I have discussed School-Wide Positive Behavior Plans and ClassDojo would allow us to do this.

ClassDojo review by Rebecca R.
Rebecca R.

"Great Classroom Management Tool"

What do you like best?

Classdojo is a great classroom management tool for elementary students. It's fun for kids because they can pick their own little avatar and see their points add up. The parents can connect to it as well and see their child's progress.

What do you dislike?

I have had a few issues with Classdojo. When I got married and changed my name, and then later moved to a different school, I had to contact their customer support to get this updated on my class dojo. I couldn't connect to a different school with my account or change my email address. The customer support was prompt but I would like to have done that myself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool for elementary. I don't think that middle schoolers or high schoolers would buy into this.

In education, this tool is great for specials teachers to reward students for great behavior in their classes as well. Students that are doing a great job in music can get dojo points and it contributes to an overall school community.

ClassDojo review by Elizabeth C.
Elizabeth C.

"My students and I both love ClassDojo!"

What do you like best?

At first, I thought ClassDojo would be too "kiddish" for my seventh graders, but I was proven incorrect. They absolutely love it. It takes classroom management and puts it in the hands of the kids by giving them a wide range of options such as designing their own avatar, keeping track of their points, and being able to monitor not only their individual behaviors and actions but their peers' as well. I also love that parents can access how their children are doing, and I love the new newsletter/story feature (haven't used yet, but am planning on it).

What do you dislike?

To be honest, I don't dislike anything. I think everything is very straightforward on ClassDojo, and it makes the information easily accessible and understandable to parents, students, and teachers alike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're having some issues with classroom management or just want to create a positive learning environment with the help of "friendly competition," this platform is a great way to do that. I thought it would be too "kiddish" for my seventh graders, but from what I can see from my own experience and my colleagues' experiences is that middle schoolers love this! They like keeping track of their progress, especially in comparison to their classmates. It is important to have incentives (e.g., if you reach x-amount of points by the end of the week, then you get y). It is also helpful to have parents be a part of the process so that there is more buy-in all around.

I started using this to manage classroom behavior with one section of students a couple years ago. Nothing was working with them, but this helped a lot. They were more invested into having a positive learning community because of this platform.

ClassDojo review by Kristan D.
Kristan D.

"Good communication tool"

What do you like best?

I really like that the app allows me to communicate with students and parents from one location. I also like the functionality that allows me to divide my students into groups randomly. Also, the app is rather easy to use for all key users - teachers, parents, and students. Often times, parents hear one thing from students and another thing from the teachers. With this consistent messaging functionality, the parents & students are receiving the same message and there's no "lost in translation".

What do you dislike?

It seems like just one more app from where the students will receive notifications. They already get emails & Google Classroom announcements - they prefer to get all their info from one source. Similarly, it's another app that the students & parents have to download. I hear complaints already that students and parents alike already have to use a multitude of apps to stay in touch with their teacher & class. I f Class Dojo were to increase visibility and work to incorporate functionality from other commonly used education apps such as Google Classroom, teachers will be more likely to use this program exclusively to communicate to their parents & students instead of using multiple sources.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check with parents before adding them to the app .... many don't appreciate unsolicited emails.

This gives me a chance to quickly communicate with parents & students. Often, the students share a different story with the parents about what's going on in class . This way, everyone gets the same message.

ClassDojo review by Shannon H.
Shannon H.

"Great Parent Communication Tool"

What do you like best?

ClassDojo is easy to use and it provides a forum for sharing important information, reminders, behavior data and pictures in an accessible way. The program looks and runs similar to Facebook, but is completely private; only parents and colleagues that you have granted access can see the information being posted. To make it even more convenient, ClassDojo has an app for smartphones.

What do you dislike?

It can take some time figuring out how to make the points system work for you, but that comes with any new program being implemented. There aren't too many negative aspects to this program, unless parents do not have access to a computer or smartphone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just jump in and use it! It's very user-friendly and simple to figure out. Parents appreciate the ease of communication it provides, too!

Parents feel more closely connected to the classroom, even if they cannot be at the school very often. They are able to see information and photos of class events on their computers or phones. Behavior data can also be communicated and tracked in real-time.

ClassDojo review by Natalie B.
Natalie B.

"Class Dojo for interventions"

What do you like best?

I like the lesson plans that are already put together within ClassDojo. It is so accessible and so easy to search for material that relates to specific concerns or activities for children and allows for maximum presentation with very little preparation necessary before delivery mental health services.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the connection quality and load time for the videos is unreliable, and if I am planning on using a video for a lesson and I only have 30 minutes to meet with the kids then it is hard to rely on something that may take too long to load or run properly.

I have been using ClassDojo with small groups and individual students during counseling to help educate them on functions of the brain and how that relates to learning and emotions and regulating our emotions. I have noticed that the children love watching the videos instead of always having me talk at them, so there have been added benefits of enjoyment and seemingly increased engagement.

"Teacher for ClassDojo"

What do you like best?

So many great features. Free app for parents and teachers alike. Students can earn points based on criteria set by teacher or class. They can also lose points for various things. Other teachers and administrators can have access to student points and progress. Parents can see pictures, student stories, private messages, and student behavior reports. Privacy can be set by teacher.

What do you dislike?

There are few things I dislike about this program. One little thing I would like to be added is for the teacher to be able to control student avatars. Also it would be nice to set a theme or something to the main screen to personalize the screen more for each teacher and classroom.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Figure out something to do with points students earn either as a class or individually. I personally have combined Dojo with a minor classroom economy to teach money management skills as well as reward and incentivize for behaviors. Watch your privacy settings and what you allow parents to comment on. Student stories is a great resource if you have a way of managing what students can and cannot put on there.

Great for communication with parents! From behavior to what we are doing in class that day to weekly announcements, the ease of communication is wonderful! It also holds students accountable.

ClassDojo review by Benjamin G.
Benjamin G.

"Great classroom management and communication tool"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and intuitive design, plus the ability to quickly communicate and share media content between teachers, students, and parents is a breeze. When using ClassDojo, it looks and feels like a social media platform - so it is feels familiar to most people who use it. The mobile and web versions integrate seamlessly, and the formatting between the two is very similar, which makes it easy to move between the two formats without getting disorientated at all.

What do you dislike?

I wish that there was a way to students/parents to create interact and create groups with each other.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It works. The ease of use of ClassDojo is a major benefit - especially in dealing with students and parents who have a wide range of technical abilities.

Communication with students/parents to ensure that important information is shared.

ClassDojo review by Kristina M.
Kristina M.

"The Absolute BEST Classroom Program"

What do you like best?

I will NEVER go through another school year without Class Dojo. There are SO many things I like about it - not even considering the classroom management assistance it was originally designed for. In fact, the part I like the best is the immediate and interconnection I have with my students' parents/guardians. With a quick text I can inform all of my parents of an event, assignment or test. Parents can text me back with questions, and I can set the hours in which I will respond. I love the Class Story Feature - sharing pictures and videos of what is happening in class with all the parents.

What do you dislike?

I wish that you didn't have to download the APP on your phone (as a parent) because many are limited on space. It would be nice to have a website-based availability in case they can't download.

Recommendations to others considering the product

USE IT! This is hands down one of the best tools I've ever used in my classroom. I will not do another year without Class Dojo.

This is the MAIN way I communicate with families. I can send private messages, pictures, questions, lists, signups, conference reminders, etc. all with the push of a button. Parents can message me back immediately, ask me questions, share news and reminders, etc. It really creates that open communication channel that meets the needs of my families now.

ClassDojo review by Chelsea O.
Chelsea O.

"Effective Classroom Management"

What do you like best?

I like that each student can be individually awarded points based on behavior rewards (points can also be taken away for negative behaviors). I like that there are different reasoning options to chose from on why they are earning extra points.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike much about the product. I wish there were a way to simultaneously give points to multiple students (in groups) without having to click on each one individually sometimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend for any classroom management issues. I also like that the information can be shared with parents right through the site as well!

ClassDojo works great to keep students accountable. You can have all of their names up on a projector and it allows each student to be in charge of their own score. I have realized that it keeps students wanting to have good behavior to be rewarded and diminishes negative behaviors because they want to keep accruing points.

ClassDojo review by Megan F.
Megan F.

"Great for classroom management"

What do you like best?

You can manage your students easily with great interface using class Dojo. Students and parents can check progress by signing in from home. It is very interactive. There are a lot of features that you can utilize like tracking assignments and instant messaging. I would like to take more advantage of these added features so that my class can have even better management.

What do you dislike?

It can be hard to manage the software while using the computer for other things like power points. This can be fixed by using Class Dojo on a smart phone or tablet instead of the main computer but then kids cannot see their points accumulate. I think that there is a feature that makes this easier but I have not tried it out yet. I would liek to get more involved in the additional features to manage my classroom and find a way to have parents be more involved int he produect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easily be able to switch from one interface to the next

Classroom management is solved using this software

ClassDojo review by Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education
Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education

" Class Dojo is Amazing!"

What do you like best?

I'm a school administrator and this year my school rolled out using Class Dojo in place of a previous behavior tracking color system chart for students. Students would previously start on "green" and the move up if they behaved or did something good in class, or moved down if they did not follow directions, etc. At the end of each day, the teacher would simply reset the clips on the color chart and that was that. There was really no way for the teacher to know how student behavior was changing throughout the day, let alone across the week, a month, etc. Class Dojo does exactly that- it tracks behavior of individual students for any period of time you choose.

What do you dislike?

Unless you project the Dojo page on the board for students to see, it can be hard for students to really understand how many points they received for positive and negative behaviors throughout the day. Most teachers also have to put the media volume up on their cell phone or laptops in order for students to hear the positive ding or the negative uh oh sounds. This also means that the teacher has to be glued to their laptop or phone to keep track of these student behaviors, which can become distracting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

n/a

My school also runs a weekly report for behavior, as well as a monthly report. When students reach a specified goal at the end of the month, we celebrate with some fun activity. Dojo also allows my staff to reach out directly to parents from the app on their phone or the website on their computer during class, right there on the spot. Parents can message the teacher, receive class updates about homework, school events, or can view photos of their child working in the classroom. It allows the teacher a great deal of flexibility even with the most basic features of the program. There are lots of other advantages, such as character building videos, capabilities to allow student names to be randomly generated to help with equity with calling on students, etc.

"Class Dojo"

What do you like best?

This application is great for classroom management. Each student is given a character and points are assigned by the teacher. Parents are also able to log in and see how their student is doing in class. There is also an option to send messages to parents, which is convenient.

What do you dislike?

The application uses a lot of memory on my phone. I find that it is easier to use on my laptop. The company also sends out a lot of notifications and emails which can be annoying. There is an option to turn off push notifications.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not install it on your phone, instead keep it in your work laptop/tablet.

As stated before, this application is used in the classroom with students. It can also be used to make parent contact and send messages which is helpful. Students are also very engaged with this app. They like looking at and picking new monsters.

ClassDojo review by Amanda S.
Amanda S.

"Great for teachers, students, and parents!"

What do you like best?

As a Administrator, I enjoy getting to be part of each of my staff's classrooms, and can monitor student behavior, teacher to parent communication, and read class story updates.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much as of yet that we have found to dislike, but we are still exploring all the functionalities of the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

n/a

I really like that my school has fully adopted Class Dojo this year as a replacement to the "color system" in the classrooms to track behavior. Not only does it help teachers monitor and track student behavior, it also gives a quick and easy platform for teachers to communicate back and forth to parents.

ClassDojo review by Carly M.
Carly M.

"Positive Reinforcement and Communication: ClassDojo Does It All!"

What do you like best?

Parents are able to reach me directly at any time of day. I am also able to post photos of classroom activities for parents, maintaining privacy but involving them in our classroom events.

What do you dislike?

Students struggle to log in occasionally. The application connects student and parent accounts, but students can't log in without parent confirmation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Encourage parent participation from the start. The app is really at its best when parents see the posts and send messages from the beginning.

Parents, other teachers, and administrators are able to monitor the behavior and growth of students. I can create portfolios for student activities and award points for any positive behavior, allowing all students to shine.

User in Education Management

"Outstanding Classroom Management Tool"

What do you like best?

Parent communication via the app allows parents to know how their students are doing at anytime. For example, if a student did not turn in his or her homework for the day, as a teacher, I would give the student a negative point for no homework. The parent would immediately be able to see that the negative point was assigned for no homework. Also, using class dojo for classroom mangement was very powerful. There is sound aligned with negative or positive points. So, when students heard positive points being awarded, I could see more and more students engaging with the task. This was the same if students heard negative points being distributed.

What do you dislike?

I disliked nothing at all. ClassDojo is amazing!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely fully engage with the product and use it as your primary classroom management tool.

Classroom management improved not only in my classroom, but in all classrooms who used in in the school building.

"Very Helpful "

What do you like best?

I like that I was able to communicate with my children's parents in a simple, quick and effective manner. It was great to be able to update them in real time with pictures and text and be able to answer their questions. It was also nice because if a child wasn't going to be in that day or was running late the parent could easily text me instead of having to call the center. It is a great tool that to be able to use to communicate with parents but not have to give out your private information nor the center having to buy a separate device to use. I was able to easily download the app and go from there.

What do you dislike?

It was hard to learn how to navigate it in the beginning. And then to explain it to parents on how to use. That was probably the most frustrating part. I had trouble finding parents and connecting them to our site. Sometimes I wouldn't get a notification that I had a message and it was time sensitive so that was frustrating. While I like being able to use the app and not have to buy a separate device, it is a little wary to be able to have my teachers use their cell phones to control the app. I do not like them having their phones out because they are working but with the app it is hard to catch them doing something they are not suppose to because they will just say they were using the app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend using ClassDojo it is such a great tool to use, especially with preschool age and below. The parents have their minds put to rest because they can always check in with the teacher and their child in real time and get picture updates to see what is happening. I would say anyone that is thinking about it should just test it out, doesn't hurt to try it and see for yourself the amazing things that it can do.

An easier way to effectively communicate with out parents. And give them more current updates and answer questions in real time. It helped the parents feel at ease leaving them in our care, knowing that they could text us or receive a a photo from us throughout the day. It is cost friendly because we did not have to buy a separate device for all of our teachers to use, they could just download the app and be on their way. It also helps keep the professional boundary because neither party had to give out private information to be able to communicate on our devices.

ClassDojo review by Louise M.
Louise M.

"A great tool for the classroom"

What do you like best?

Easy to use in real time while teaching in the classroom. It offers immediate reinforcement of values/qualities that are being focussed on and is flexible so as to be changed and adjusted as necessary. I found that it was a great way to incorporate what was learned during character development lessons. All students, parents and teachers can work together using ClassDojo to guide student progress in the classroom while they are actually learning every day.

What do you dislike?

This product must be thoroughly explored and explained among parents and students to remain a positive tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, you will not waste your time. If you are looking for an effective, in-class, real-time solution for behaviour management, you will find ClassDojo fun and easy to implement.

Communication. Dojo is a useful platform for giving feedback and receiving feedback from parents.

ClassDojo review by User in Higher Education

"ClassDojo - An Excellent Classroom Management Tool"

What do you like best?

ClassDojo is an excellent classroom management tool that is visually appealing and easy to follow for students and teachers. Students can easily earn and lose points throughout the day, and their daily total can be shared with parents at home. Students get to pick their own monster icon as well, which makes them feel more invested in and excited about the program.

What do you dislike?

Some teachers do not like to use the negative points and find it most valuable if students can only earn points, but never lose them, but the option is still nice to have. Honestly, there is nothing I dislike about ClassDojo.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend that all teachers try ClassDojo if they are interested in a new and kid-friendly classroom management solution.

ClassDojo can be utilized school wide, meaning that when a student goes to a different teacher for art or music or special classes, they are still able to pull up their ClassDojo points, which builds school community and teacher collaboration.

ClassDojo review by Katie M.
Katie M.

"Motivating Classroom Management Tool with Parent Involvement "

What do you like best?

When I moved to the middle school, I doubted that my students would be motivated by a product designed for "little kids." Yet, they really like it! They enjoy customizing their avatars and earning rewards for points.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could clear students' points without it subtracting from the class points. It would help me keep track of which students have already earned a reward but allow me to have their points contribute to the class-wide total.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out. It's free!

My students are motivated by earning rewards for points. After earning 50 points, they get a snack or free choice time (usually on their computers). I also do class-wide rewards (sum of the average of 60 points per student) with the opportunity to earn a party by earning four class-wide rewards. ClassDojo also has parent accounts that allow parents to monitor classroom behavior, as well as message me. I only minimally use the class story option, but it seems like it could be a great way of staying connected with parents for the day-to-day fun students are having.

ClassDojo review by Nathalie B.
Nathalie B.

"The ideal class tool"

What do you like best?

I love everything: the easy communication with parents, the Big Ideas lessons, the points system, the toolkit and now also the Student Portfolios. And it's all free.

Super client service too.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike. It is simply amazing. All teachers should use it in their class, as it really helps with class management. Parents love it too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You have to try it! Don't hesitate.

Communication with parents and behaviour management in class. The students are more motivated and the parents better informed.

ClassDojo review by Amanda P.
Amanda P.

"Positive Behavior Management"

What do you like best?

I love that Class Dojo interests students from the range of K-5. If you move on to teach another grade, you aren't having to reinvent the wheel. All you really need to do is update your class list. My students loved Class Dojo.

What do you dislike?

My older students would have liked to be able to use their own picture instead of choose from a somewhat limited number of avatars. There is not a feature where students can load an image at this time. I would like to see that happen in the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Class Dojo is free and will meet all of your needs for rewarding student behavior! You can link your account to your phone and tablet making it very accessible at all points during your day. I promise you'll never want to use your "Stoplight" behavior chart again. Try it out, you won't be disappointed!

Tracking and monitoring student behavior is a difficult task to manage. Class Dojo takes the stress away by allowing me to reward positive behavior by tapping a icon on my interactive white board. This information is then communicated directly to parents once they have signed up for the app or login on their computer. Parents can then applaud their child when they return home or have a conversation with them about changes that need to be made. I also use Class Dojo to correspond with parents about their child's behavior because it allows me to refer to the day and time of the behavior occurrence within the website.

ClassDojo review by Kimberly C.
Kimberly C.

"Easy behavior management for the minimalist teacher. "

What do you like best?

Class Dojo is user friendly and very easy to operate. Set up time is very minimal and two way communication is available. The developers have cleaned the software significantly since its launch. Developers provide frequent updates for the product. Since using the software, I can't recall any major crashes. The software does not require it's user to know a lot of in depth information to operate it. It is quick, effective, and efficient. The software provides realtime information and is accessible throughout the day.

What do you dislike?

The model is very limited. Users at this time can't access the software offline. If a user doesn't have access to wifi or on a carrier network, Class Dojo doesn't update on its on.

First the platform is easy to operate and shows a range of behavior/conduct over a period of time. Class Dojo increases communication between parents and educators. The software allows parents to directly message teachers and vice versa. It also embraces technologies. Everyone is always on there phone now. Class Dojo gives parents the opportunity to inquire on their child's progress throughout the door. Additionally, this software allows teachers to make students accountable for this actions- rewarding food behavior and penalizing students when they are off task. My son absolutely loves to see a list of acceptable behaviors his teacher recorded him doing throughout the day. In addition, if certain behaviors show up frequently as a parent I am able to address the behaviors at home. Most behaviors are covered in the software.

User in Primary/Secondary Education

"Fun classroom management for kids"

What do you like best?

What I like best about class dojo is that you can use it to manage your classroom. Some things I love are creating your own task for earning and for docking off points; I love that it creates a monster file for each of my students; others things like using the timer, taking attendance, earning team and class points and messaging. In addition, you can now communicate with parents through class dojo.

What do you dislike?

There isn’t anything that I dislike about class dojo at this time. I have been a user for a few years now and greatly appreciate that they have made great improvements such as adding videos, parent connect, accessibility on any device, and etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, I would highly recommend class dojo to others. Parents can even use it at home as a reward system too and not only in the classroom.

I use class dojo as a behavior management system. It is used for positive reinforcements and rewards. The benefits I have realized with using this system is that my students loves it. It gives them an opportunity to earn individual, team and whole points. It helped turned those negative behaviors into positives or it helps in reminding students to use appropriate behavior. For example, a student who has a difficult time raising hand do respond, class dojo has helped me fix it by letting them earn a point when raise hand or even dock a point when not raising hand. It works with talking out of then too. Also, parents are able to check their child’s school day and see the reasons for earned or docked points. What I love best is also using the think pair share tool. I used this tool to build a better school climate with my students by posting up question or activity and having them think pair and share with each other and then do a share aloud. This helped in building closer relationship ebteeen evident sand teachers.

ClassDojo review by Sara J.
Sara J.

"Class Dojo is unnecessarily punitive"

What do you like best?

Class Dojo has an excellent interface and is well-designed to allow me to enter behavior data very quickly from all of my iDevices. It also facilitates seamless parent communication in real-time; I don't have to remember to email so-and-so's parent about an incident or missed assignment when I finally get a free minute.

What do you dislike?

The model itself is inherently flawed. I want my students to internalize good behavior, not be shamed into it. I also think that there are some privacy concerns here- you are accumulating a LOT of data on students in a very short amount of time. And it creates divides in the classroom in that it is much more effective for students whose parents subscribe than students whose parents don't.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The platform is excellent but the way the system is set up may not be philosophically in line with how you run your classroom.

I think the main strength of this app is that it allows very efficient, accurate communication with parents. It also collects an enormous amount of behavior data on students that can be useful to track patterns and trends over time.

ClassDojo review by Sara T.
Sara T.

"Awesome positive reinforcer and parent communication tool"

What do you like best?

Kids love the avatars and sounds, we love the ease of use and low cost. Parents love the fact that they can know how their child is working and behaving at school and reinforce at home.

What do you dislike?

Cannot think of anything that we don't like - it's easy to use and the layout is awesome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it - there is nothing to lose! I even use it at home with my 6-year-old to keep track of chores, etc.

Easy way to monitor classroom management, easy tool for new teachers to use, great ability to communicate with parents.

ClassDojo review by Emily S.
Emily S.

"Great motivational tool for early learners/adolescents"

What do you like best?

ClassDojo is a great tool if you're using it to reward good participation, listening skills, citizenship and other positive character attributes.

What do you dislike?

Apart from taking attendance and giving dojo coins (with the awesome sound effects), dojo isn't good for much else.

I actually stopped using classdojo in my teaching practice because I teach upperclassmen and find the software to be too geared towards elementary/middle school aged learners. Our school does use it as a cool tool to share photos with one another when we perform public service or have interesting classroom or after-school activities or go on trips so I am more of a passive user, though I do share pictures with the school community (teaches, students, parents, admin).

ClassDojo review by Lindsay K. R.
Lindsay K. R.

"Class Dojo! The Behavior Management software you have been dreaming of..."

What do you like best?

Teachers have the flexibility to give points or take away points as they choose to! The other best feature is ClassDojo's easy interactive features that allow parents to receive immediate updates on their children's behavior and academic progress in classes.

What do you dislike?

My only wish is that the animated figures were differentiated to not be so juvenile for older students. Very difficult to find anything to critique. Wonderful product!

My colleagues and I use ClassDojo in our 6th and 7th grade classrooms. One of my closest colleagues uses hers primarily as a way to keep parents informed of their children's behavior in class, and if they've handed in homework or not. I use mine to let the classes and students compete for points, in a friendly competitive fashion so that they can earn class and individual rewards.

ClassDojo review by Anthony G.
Anthony G.

"Class dojo Is a must"

What do you like best?

Provides a way for students to stay motivated to do well in school academically and through behavior

What do you dislike?

I’m not finding anything to dislike with this program. The only challenge I have faced is getting some of the parents to download and use the app

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it!

Children are realizing the good and bad choices they have made because of class dojo. For example, you can use dojo points that allows the teacher to get points for good behavior and choices and deduct points for making bad choices. The children and parents can see daily points that have been given and taken away from the child throughout the day in our classroom we have a treasure box that the children can use their dojo points to buy small items.

ClassDojo review by Erin W.
Erin W.

"ClassDojo"

What do you like best?

Randomly choosing & grouping students, posting directions on the board

What do you dislike?

Differences between app & browser - sometimes I can’t do things on the phone app that I can on the browser and vice versa

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are multiple functions to use. Determine whether the function(s) you need are available. You can use the parts you need, and try out their functions without fully committing.

I can group students, choose students randomly, communicate with parents, post directions easily on the board, and track student behavior.

"Class Dojo"

What do you like best?

I love that I can give immediate feedback to my students in a fun and visual way. The parent communication feature is also great. I can send pictures, messages, and behavior feedback to parents all from one app on my phone.

What do you dislike?

There is honestly nothing that I dislike about ClassDojo. It would be nice if the students were able to select their own icon, but other than that ClassDojo is great!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have used other apps to communicate with parents or to monitor classroom behavior, the awesome thing about ClassDojo is that you can do both from the same app. Plus it is easy to use and the children LOVE seeing their points add up each day.

Parent communication about behavior and classroom happenings is so much easier!

ClassDojo review by Shama J.
Shama J.

"Amazing for Data Collection Tool for the Classroom!"

What do you like best?

This is a great tool for teachers who are working with struggling students and a way to improve classroom management. To be able to pick on certain things (raising hand, speaking out, etc) gives the user a way to understand a child's ability in the classroom setting or in the school. Good tool overall and would always recommend to other users! I also think it is great that we can get the parents involved in the sense we can give them access to see their child's progress or things they should be working on with their students.

What do you dislike?

I really love using classdojo, it just can be hard to adjust in the beginning especially if you are new, but they have tutorials online. It can be time consuming especially when you are in the classroom and with difficult children behaviors. I would advise not to use classdojo with all the student's name because it can become a negative data tool rather than positive. This can also be a hard tool if your school does not have the technology component. It is hard to carry around your laptop to add points. So make sure you can use your phone or can have access to an tablet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great tool and I would recommend using it in all schools to collect data!

A school is an actual business where we need to collect data. I think this is an overall great tool to understand what the needs of the students are as well as getting parents involved. This will also help with classroom management and to prepare behavioral charts if needed.

ClassDojo review by Rachael DeAnne C.
Rachael DeAnne C.

"Such an AMAZING way to Teach"

What do you like best?

This is the perfect way to keep a class focused on the positive. We use it in all of 4th grade to communicate behavior of classes throughout the day. Such a great way to track students' behavior and positive/negative moments throughout the day. It will even send home notes and ideas to parents.

What do you dislike?

Very little to dislike in this program. The interface could be a bit more user friendly, but overall it is amazing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say that any classroom teacher, especially in the K-8 range, would GREATLY benefit from this program.

We have been able to show parents when and where a student is struggling. It is also a great tool to use since the students rotate to different classes in the day.

ClassDojo review by Toni M.
Toni M.

"Great Tool For Classroom Management"

What do you like best?

Class Dojo is a really great way to positively enforce expected behaviors in the classroom. I teach at a middle school and thought that it was sort of elementary. However, students in grades 6-8 are motivated by the monster like creatures. It is also a really nice way to communicate with parents about behavior concerns in the classroom. I also really enjoy the class story page.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a secondary feature that could be used in high schools. I see this tool as being a powerful way to motivate older students, if they made it look a little less elementary.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't be afraid to try it in a upper middle school classroom.

This is a great way to support positive behavior plans and communicate with parents and families on a regular basis. It's also an easy and effective way to give continuous feedback to students.

User in Education Management

"Class Dojo - Management and Tracking Resource for Teachers"

What do you like best?

The student point tracking system is easy to use, project, connect with parents, and gives students real-time feedback for whatever you'd like to track. It may be geared towards younger students, but I've used it as a tool for high school classroom management at school where I didn't get any support outside of the classroom. My students responded to it really well, and I used it for an entire school year. Both the app and the desktop programs are easy to use, and the points are easily customizable. Best of all, it's free!

What do you dislike?

The icons are a little geared towards younger students, and I would like to see options for older students. It would be great if you could connect your roles with other classrooms as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a teacher using Class Dojo, I highly recommend the ClassDojo Mentor community on Facebook. It's very helpful and people have many creative ways for using this product.

Classroom management tool! It was extremely useful for tracking behavior in the classroom, or awarding points in a class economy type system.

User in Education Management

"Works perfectly on Middle school"

What do you like best?

I love how the parents have a way to contact me and manage their child's conduct in class.

What do you dislike?

I wish the kids were able to add a profile pic and it be their avatar. That would give them allow them to be more active in class dojo (especially in the middle school grades).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please use it! Although it looks kiddy you can still use it with big kids in middle and high school for PBIS and positive reinforcement.

I'm able to keep documented occurrences of student behavior, all of the teachers that the students interact with can access the same data, and parents no longer have wait until the end of the week to know that their child is having bad week and parental intervention is needed.

ClassDojo review by elaine W.
elaine W.

"Great for providing students with immediate incentives!"

What do you like best?

I like that students are immediately gratified by their good behavior with ClassDojo. Instead of having to wait for a reward, they get it immediately in the form of points. Also, students can collect their points to work towards a long term reward for their good behavior and productivity during class. Students can get points for a variety of different behaviors with this program. These are: Helping Others; On Task; Participating; Persistence; Team Work; and Hard Work. These categories make it easy to encourage students to complete their work with minimum distractions for the rest of the class.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that this program seems to appeal more to younger ages such as elementary school and possibly 6 or 7th grade as well. I'm not sure that it is entirely appropriate for high school. However, if I were an elementary school teacher than I would use this on a weekly basis!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please be aware that this is better suited for elementary school students rather than high school students.

This does not apply to me as I am a teacher in a high school.

User in Education Management

"Data driven behavior management and communication tool"

What do you like best?

I love that I can customize the customize the behaviors that students can earn a positive or needs work dojo for. It is easy to create groups, give whole class dojos, and assign dojos to students who are not absent. It is a an easy way to communicate how a student's day went by looking at their weekly percentage or sending them a quick message. I can also see when a parent received my message. Students regularly ask me about their percentage. Dojos can be updated on the computer or using an app.

What do you dislike?

On the iPhone app I was not able to see student's percentages until recently, but it still requires several clicks which is something I check often.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They also have fun little videos that have themes. I do not use the "student story" part of this app, however it looks like it would be fun for the kids.

I use it as a classroom management tool and way to communicate with parents. The less formal quick communication has helped build relationships with families. Students are motivated to make positive choices, monitor their percentage, and are aware of what behaviors caused them a negative dojo.

ClassDojo review by User in E-Learning
User in E-Learning

"VIPKID Teacher using Class Dojo!"

What do you like best?

I loved class dojo when I taught in traditional classroom and I still love it with online teaching with VIPKID. It is helpful to track student behavior. I use it in my online classroom to keep my feedback and info about each student.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything about Class Dojo.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Class Dojo is very easy to use and learn. It is fun for students and appealing to the user as well. I enjoy using it daily in my online classroom and I liked having it in my brick and mortar class too.

Class Dojo is helpful to track student behavior. I use it in my online classroom to keep my feedback and info about each student.

ClassDojo review by Katelyn S.
Katelyn S.

"Helpful for specific age groups"

What do you like best?

I like that Class Dojo allows for easy tracking of student behaviors. It is a nice visual to give students with fun little characters to get them excited to do well in class. This helps enforce positive behaviors while discouraging the negative behaviors. It is also nice that parents have easy access to their student’s data.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it is mostly applicable for younger grades. It would be nice to make it more relevant so teachers in secondary education could use its benefits and ease of documenting behaviors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Helpful and fun for primary teachers. Might not be as beneficial for secondary teachers.

Data analysis, ease of tracking behaviors, student motivation, improved student behaviors, greater parent involvement.

ClassDojo review by Mallory M.
Mallory M.

"Don't Know How I Lived Without It"

What do you like best?

ClassDojo is a comprehensive classroom management system. It allows me to track and keep data on behavior in real time and keep parents involved.

What do you dislike?

It may not be as effective for older students. It is definitely centered for younger students.

Parents can easily connect with the teacher and communicate. It allows a way for teachers to communicate without using a personal cell phone number.

ClassDojo review by User in Religious Institutions
User in Religious Institutions

"ClassDojo Review"

What do you like best?

Each student has their own little character or monster. The kids really like having their own character that can be different than the others and adding in points is easy and this program keeps track of all of that for me, allowing parents to see as well.

What do you dislike?

Students do not get to pick their own character. This can be upsetting for some students especially in younger grades when choice is important. It can also be hard to remember who has how many points when on the go or in the middle of a lesson unless the student remembers for me. Also, there aren't too many options in why I'm adding or taking away a Dojo point. When parents are viewing I may get an email about why a student was taken off for a certain thing when it was really something else that I was deducting for. This takes away from having documentation and my back covered and can turn some parents into angry "helicopter" parents.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend still keeping documentation of behaviors that need improved or are more serious and explain to parents that the behavior may not always match what happened in class. Their student is responsible and if the student has consistently low Dojo points then a conference can be scheduled for the student to explain their own behaviors. Create a classroom job for a student to sometimes be the classroom "keeper" who stays on track of either writing down or inputting dojo points.

Classroom management. Students like earning Dojo points and can earn them as a class. The characters are cute and it can be left up on the screen to motivate students, however they may compare themselves off of this. I feel like for all of the positives, theres almost two negatives depending upon the grade used with and the community used within.

ClassDojo review by Angela T.
Angela T.

"Class Dojo is a great behavior support"

What do you like best?

Class Dojo is a great behavioral tool. It is colorful and is easily to track visually. Students can self monitor and parents are instantly updated.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how juvenile it looks.

High school students are not impressed by its cartoons.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for younger students!

I am tracking student behaviors with constant rewards and consequences. I can put kids in charge of monitoring their own progress. Reporting is simple and easy to understand.

ClassDojo review by Sarah M.
Sarah M.

"Love class dojo!! "

What do you like best?

This app is amazing!!!! Highly recommend to fellow educators and districts to utilize and implement. This app is similar to an Instagram where parents can receive stories and updates on their children as well as updates in the classroom. My parent communication has increased tremendously because of this app! Parents love seeing pictures of their kids being active learners!

What do you dislike?

I highly enjoy this app and currently do not have any negative comments to share!

The benefits are priceless. This is a free app that connects the home and school environments. It promotes success within students as well as shares so much important information!

ClassDojo review by Cindi R.
Cindi R.

"Class Dojo to break the language barrier"

What do you like best?

I use class Dojo for parent communication.

What do you dislike?

I don’t like how difficult it is to get parents to sign up for this free service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent communication tool as I’m able to share messages, pictures, and stories with parents without it being a public social media format.

I’ve had parents who have language barriers because they do not speak English. We can communicate very easily through class Dojo with translations.

ClassDojo review by Natalie B.
Natalie B.

"A fun and excellent classroom tool!"

What do you like best?

I love being able to realistically track student behavior while keeping parents in the loop.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes communication from phone to computer is not as fluid as it could be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool for grade teams, individual teachers, and substitutes. Use this tool so students can be held accountable all day long!

This is a quick and seamless way to help students, parents, and teachers see student behavior, reward and discipline.

User in Education Management

"Too time consuming, but great if students can see it"

What do you like best?

I like that it does keep track of behaviors for you in an orderly fashion. If students were able to see this behavior chart, it would help them change some of their issues and try to work on them.

What do you dislike?

The product is too time consuming for me to use, and my previous system of keeping track seemed to work better. I think this could have also been an issue at the time with my school's internet as it would constantly go out and this seems to need to have a constant internet connection.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be aware that it may take you time in learning how to use it.

I was trying to work on classroom management for my classes. It did keep track of the behaviors for me in an organized manner and allow me to address certain problems I was having with particular students in my classroom.

ClassDojo review by Elizabeth D.
Elizabeth D.

"Interactive and Dynamic Method to Engage Students and Parents"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to communicate with parents about their child's progress in the course, and parents can also see real-time updates of how their child is doing in my class.

What do you dislike?

I would like increased messaging features as well as continued toolbox for increasing student engagement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use a parent-teacher conference to increase parental enrollment in the program. Once they see its ease of use, parents are much more likely to become engaged with the program.

It has increased parental engagement in my classroom and school community by giving parents an easy way to communicate through an app to report their child's progress.

User in Primary/Secondary Education

"Classroom management with immediate feedback"

What do you like best?

I liked that parents could monitor their student's progress and would have data that day about the child's behavior.

What do you dislike?

That the characters were very elementary; it worked great for elementary, but the characters were a bit juvenile for my middle school classroom.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For an elementary school classroom, this technology is fantastic to maintain consistent communication between families and students. Younger students loved the little "monster" characters they were each assigned. There is a free version I was able to use in my classroom, but since I worked in a team setting with not everyone using the same program, consistency was challenging. I feel this product would be an excellent asset if all teachers working with a student/group of students used the same system.

Consistent behavior management. I liked that students knew where they stood as well as their families.

ClassDojo review by Qorsho H.
Qorsho H.

"Classroom Management Made Easy "

What do you like best?

I like the accessibility of the app. I use it on my phone, PC and iPad.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the app freezes and it makes it difficult to connect to parents, give points, etc. There are also occasional lags.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great way to connect to parents and students.

There aren't any business problems this app solves but it does make teaching and management easier.

User in Education Management

"Useful for feedback, not a substitute for communication "

What do you like best?

ClassDojo is easy to modify and adapt to your circumstances. It connects well to parents. It also has some easy to read reports ready to go for students or parents.

What do you dislike?

This is not the fault of the product itself, but it can lead to punishing behaviors or praising others without requiring deeper communication pieces. By assigning a score, it can oversimplify things in the wrong hands.

ClassDojo was a tool I used to measure and give feedback on collaboration. It helped to spell out what actions benefited collaboration and which hindered collaboration.

ClassDojo review by Executive Sponsor in Legal Services
Executive Sponsor in Legal Services

"Wonderful Program, could use a few tweaks. "

What do you like best?

The behavior management part is wonderful. I love that I can update points and parents can see right away if their child is having a good or bad day. I also love that I can message parents privately without having to give out my phone number.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that videos cannot be added from the student site. My previous program allowed uploading of videos and it was very simple and easy.

I am able to communicate with parents so much easier than through phones or emails. I can see when a parent has read a message and know to expect a reply.

ClassDojo review by Jessika R.
Jessika R.

"School Psychologist"

What do you like best?

It is very fun and easy to use. The students like it.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much I don't like. I'm not sure if the characters are a little young to use for older students.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I do think dojo is where classroom management is heading. It is a good use of technology and the kids enjoy using it.

I am not solving any business problems with this program.

However, I do think it benefits students and helps them with their behavior.

ClassDojo review by Katherine D.
Katherine D.

"ClassDojo in a secondary classroom"

What do you like best?

ClassDojo is a program that in real time allows you to give instant feedback to students for behavior, participation, and work. You can create separate classes for each period you teach. There are different character pictures that you can choose or have your students choose from. My students enjoyed picking their character. You also can customize what students earn points for and what they lose points for. You can project the screen so students can watch as they earn or lose points. There is also sounds that accompany gaining or losing points. You also have the ability to change the number of points something is worth and award multiple points at a time. What's also really awesome is you can use the app on your phone while you are circulating around the room and add and take away points without being tied to your computer.

What do you dislike?

Overall, there isn't much that I don't dislike. There is the ability to connect with parents but because of password and log on restrictions in my school district I am only able to use it in a basic form without actual student information and student/ parent accounts. I do also wish there was a way to have a minimized version that could still be shown while presenting a power point or another activity.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Your students will love it and it is an easy way to monitor classroom behaviors.

Using ClassDojo has been a fun interactive way to enhance classroom management skills. The students enjoy the characters and the sounds that accompany gaining or losing points. It also gives immediate feedback to the students to signal if they are on task or need to be on task.

"Love ClassDojo!"

What do you like best?

Class dojo provides a fun, organized, animated way to manage the classroom. Students are able to choose a monster and have a visual of how well they have done each day or areas they need to improve on. Also, ClassDojo allows the teacher and parents to stay in communication by allowing an option for parents to connect on the website as well.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about ClassDojo is that there is not more features on the site.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think that any educator looking to improve the management of their classroom should use ClassDojo!

The problem I am solving with this tool is classroom management. This tool allows me to electronically track students success or areas of improvement and reward them or communicate to parents where they need to improve.

User in Education Management

"Best classroom management tool I've used!"

What do you like best?

I love everything about it! The real-time feedback for students with specific, teacher created categories for behavior is great. They get to see exactly what they are earning points for and losing points for. I also love that it connects to parents immediately, they can see how their child is performing daily. I also love the app, I can give and take points from anywhere I have my cell phone.

What do you dislike?

I wish some of the student reports were more comprehensive/easier to read for parents.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it! It's easy and free to set up, so you have nothing to lose!

There is almost no arguing over behavior/consequences in my classroom now. It's so easy to use I usually have students give themselves their own points. It's fast and makes things run smoothly.

ClassDojo review by Nicholas C.
Nicholas C.

"ClassDojo, A Multi-faceted Tool for All Levels of Teaching"

What do you like best?

ClassDojo is a multi-faceted edtech tool that is a behavior management and recording tool, a parent messenger system, and a classroom flattener/Instagram all rolled into one. It has so many important features for teaching it may as well be called the Swiss Army Knife of the teacher tech toolbox.

What I love most is that it is FREE!!!

What do you dislike?

The only think I dislike is that people have a problem with this company, it is truly a gift to teaching and I my students and I could not live without it. There is nothing I can complain about, this company has been responsive to all of my needs as a teacher and if I ever find something I want with ClassDojo, I simply email them and they do it for me, no questions asked.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend ClassDojo for any educator that would like a fun and engaging system for behavior management and classroom communication. ClassDojo has so many amazing features and is one of the best companies for teachers to work with on the planet. ClassDojo loves their teachers and takes care of all of their concerns. You will love it and your students will as well. Get it now, it's free!

ClassDojo helps to make my behavior management open and my communication open to all of my parents. It helps me collect important statistics about how my students are behaving, which times are the most difficult for them and gives me info to send to the parents about how their kiddo is doing during the day. Communication is the key to success in any arena, including business and education, and ClassDojo helps me achieve a high level of efficient communication; all of which makes my job as a teacher much easier.

ClassDojo review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Great with the right class"

What do you like best?

I tried this with great excitement. It is easy to set up and fairly easy to use. I can see how parents would love this and students may get excited.

What do you dislike?

As a teacher with 30+ students I struggled to walk around and reward students every time. Students also felt like it was a little childish for them

Recommendations to others considering the product

Class Dojo is definitely worth a shot if you haven't tried it before. It may not work immediately or at all, but it certainly isn't harmful. It's so easy to set up that I think it's worth a chance.

Positive reinforcement is proven to be successful and it lends itself to more accountability with students.

ClassDojo review by Emily N.
Emily N.

"Behavior Management System"

What do you like best?

I loved many things about Class Dojo. It was user friendly, fun, and very applicable to my job as a teacher. I also liked I could have it on my computer, my phone, and my tablet so I could update student points no matter where we were in the building. I also liked that the students could take ownership of it and got to customize their character.

What do you dislike?

Not having a place to explain behaviors in more detail.

Behavior Management and parent communication from any location.

ClassDojo review by Julie T.
Julie T.

"Class dojo emphasizes the positive!"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use, connects to parents in real time & kids love it. It is completely customizable and has amazing data provisions.

What do you dislike?

At this point I cannot communicate with parents who speak another language.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. There are so many ways class Dojo can be used, it is fully adaptable to any style. People worry about the 'public' aspect of dojo, but you can easily make it private as well. Parents love the connected feeling of being able to see what is going on in the classroom and quickly send private messages. It is available for iOS, android and desktop applications. This is my 25th year of teaching, much of it with students with Emotional Impairments, and this program has made it possible to reward those students who are the 'chronically good' kids, while still reminding those who need reminders to stay on task.

Classroom management is a huge part of teaching. Class Dojo makes it possible to keep track of student behaviors, accentuate the positive and keep parents in the loop about classroom activities. It has allowed me to help my students set goals and work as a team to achieve those goals. It has truly transformed my management style.

ClassDojo review by Ashton C.
Ashton C.

"Class Dojo is great!"

What do you like best?

Positive reinforcement, communication with parents.

What do you dislike?

If you have it up on your computer you cannot utilize the computer for anything else, ex: testing

Positive communication with parents, reinforcing appropriate behaviors, sharing photos of what we are learning.

ClassDojo review by Ariana J.
Ariana J.

"Great resource to connect with parents instantly"

What do you like best?

This is very useful in keeping constant contact with parents and sharing with them activities in class or student progress. The language translation capabilities are interesting as well. I like the ability to privately message parents to update them should a situation occur with a particular student.

What do you dislike?

I am not quite sure about the reward system, it could work if done well by the teacher, but you would have to be careful to avoid creating a culture of competition by displaying all scores for everyone to see.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Seems like a solid and safe way to interact with parents. Especially good for classes with younger students.

I was looking at this product as a quick and easy way of informing parents of what happens in class each day.

ClassDojo review by Stephanie B.
Stephanie B.

"Engaging and Fun "

What do you like best?

Point and demerit system, great for younger kids to keep them aware of what is going on in the class and to learn good and bad behavior.

What do you dislike?

Too many options for behaviors could limit this to have a simpler flow, or maybe the ability to type in your own rather than choose from the specified set.

Definitely benefits teachers to keep different classes organized, especially when they have many classes, also convenient for communicating between teachers and parents.

ClassDojo review by Will W.
Will W.

"Awesome behavior management suite!"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that you can assign your own behaviors. I also love that teachers can share rosters to make sure that the behavior can be tracked throughout the day, or be broken into the specific class for tracking.

What do you dislike?

I wish I had the ability to assign a behavior multiple points (either negative or positive) depending on the infraction or positive action. I also wish you could assign rewards on point value. I also think that it would be great to have students shop for rewards directly from the site/app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Perhaps creating a better way to administrate on the school/admin level. As well as creating a better way to reward right from the app.

In schools, it becomes very hard to track behaviors for reporting while giving incentive to good behaviors. ClassDojo allows for positive behaviors to be tracked and rewarded just as easily as negative behaviors.

ClassDojo review by Elizabeth V.
Elizabeth V.

"Excellent way to communicate with students"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to connect with students and their parents. In this free application, I had 180 students I could communicate with. This is one stop shopping for communication.

What do you dislike?

I like basically everything about this app except for the fact that I get so many messages!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool for communicating with students!

I am communicating with students and parents around behavior so that off-task and disruptive behaviors can be at a minimum in the classroom.

"Class Dojo"

What do you like best?

Love that I can communicate with all parents at one time.

What do you dislike?

Not all parents sate able to access wifi

Recommendations to others considering the product

Familiarize yourself and make students understand ClassDojo before implementing. Be consistent.

I am able to communicate with parents almost immediately. Students see their rewards on the Smartboard. Students are motivated to do good work to gain more rewards. It is a motivator to students who aren't receiving rewards to be like their peers.

Administrator in Education Management

"Amazing ways to connect with families"

What do you like best?

I love the class blogging features, as well as connecting to what other teachers in the school are doing. I also enjoy the student groupings, growth mindset, and the ability to communicate with families,

What do you dislike?

I wish Dojo could go the full measure of becoming a digital classroom for students to receive and do assignments from within class dojo.

I’m solving the issue of bridging communication from home to school.

ClassDojo review by Lauren M.
Lauren M.

"Great tool for students and parents"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Class Dojo is definitely the parent communication features. An e-mail is sent home to parents automatically on Friday with information about their students week. The way I have it set up, parents can see if their child is working hard, being kind, and following directions or if they are interrupting, not finishing their work, and having trouble with their peers.

What do you dislike?

I wish that the i-pad app was more full-featured, like the site on the computer. You are unable to do things like add students, change the spellings of their names and change the things you are giving points for on the i-pad and have to wait until you are in front of a regular computer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is now also a feature which can be used like a Classroom Blog called Class Story. I have not used it yet, but I think that with the parent communication piece already there, parents are already subscribed and do not have to subscribe to another new thing.

Problem 1: Taking time out of teaching to correct students behavior verbally. The sound of a negative point not only warns the misbehaving student that you have seen them and taken a point away, it also catches students who you did not see, and reminds those who are working to stay on task

Problem 2: Communicating with parents who do not pick up their children every day. I send a quick not home when I take a point away on the Class Dojo parent communication. They know what went on in the day and they also get positive communication from Class Dojo automatically.

ClassDojo review by Administrator

"Fun way to manage behaviors!"

What do you like best?

I love that the students can customize their own dojo characters helping to increase their buy-in. Using the messaging feature I have increased my parent communication and ability to notify parents of last minute announcements. Instead of needing to make phone calls home for both positive and negative behaviors, parents can log in to see how their child is doing every day. The green and red points can be modified to language that you want reinforced In Your classroom.

What do you dislike?

Not all of my families have access to the computer to be able to use this so I might able to reach 100 % of my families. I am not able to display my whole classroom up due to privacy needs and I don't want someone's negative points showing for all to see. It would be nice for the program to create earned goals/ rewards that will automatically show or happen once they reach a certain amount of dojo points.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a fun way to manage classroom behavior try classdojo! You can even access it on your cell phone which helps make keeping track of it that much easier.

I have seen student buy-in and they get excited about using it and being able to check on how they did each day with the pie graph of their results. If a student's parent is connected to Dojo, the student is constantly reminded that their parents have access to their reports. Positive "ding" sounds motivates student to want to earn a point and the negative sound reminds ALL student to check and make sure they are on task.

"ClassDojo"

What do you like best?

LOVE this!! The teacher tools (noise meter, group maker, etc) are very helpful and simple to use. The software itself is an app and is almost like a Facebook for the classroom. My kids love using it and sharing pictures, achievements, school work and more.

What do you dislike?

The app was a little much at first because there is just so much to learn but I don’t know that I would say it’s a negative!

One of the biggest things that has come in handy has been the message translator for my Spanish speaking families. It helps us all feel connected even when language would normally be a barrier.

User in Education Management

"Great way to commuincate with parents about behavior"

What do you like best?

As a parent I like seeing each day a brief summary of my child's behavior. As a teacher I like the quick way I can send information to parents daily. I also like the way you can message parents within the app.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is hard seeing messages if I'm using Wifi.

Its a quick efficient way to communicate with parents daily.

ClassDojo review by Karissa D.
Karissa D.

"Awesome Classroom Management Tool!"

What do you like best?

My students are obsessed with Cass Dojo, which makes it extremely effective! I also love how easy it is to keep parents in the loop.

What do you dislike?

I hope there will be more avatar options in the future so that each student can have a unique character.

Our school is focused on positive reinforcement, and Class Dojo is a great way to provide that to the students in a way that motivates them.

"I wouldn't choose it"

What do you like best?

It's fairly easy to use, and provides up-to-date information to parents, and instant feedback to students.

What do you dislike?

This is one of those things that SEEMS like a good idea, but in practice, I find that I have to be in front of my computer too much of the day to make it useful. Instead of watching my students, I find myself watching the screen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have a lot of time in front of your computer to make this sensible!

Parent communication is good with it. We use it to improve parent-teacher communication.

ClassDojo review by User in Photography
User in Photography

"easy communications with school"

What do you like best?

i like that i can not only see my kids 'points', but also see school-wide and class teacher posts, and even communicate with the teachers directly via in-app messaging.

What do you dislike?

if a teacher is less on top of the app, it may take time to get connected since they have to confirm your kid in their class....

making communication with my kids teachers direct and easy

"Classroom Manager"

What do you like best?

I think this product does a decent job at allowing you to manage your class. It allows you to customize your point system to fit your need. It allows you to change the descriptors to fit the needs of your classroom. For example, you can change class room disruption to any title you want or create more descriptors depending on what kind of model you want Class Dojo to fit.

What do you dislike?

The Avatars are a bit silly for an slightly more mature audience. What I mean by this is, I don't see High school students buying into classdojo because of how the avatars look.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend using this product if you know what kind of use you want to use it for. I use it to show rewards, but the tricky part is to keep up with the class dojo and that way it is effective.

This allows the students to understand their point system, it causes you to visualize your results. Students like seeing their point system next to their names and it is easier for teachers to manage their point system because of the easy interface use.

ClassDojo review by User in Higher Education

"With an end-user experience just north of worthless, I can't recommend this product at all."

What do you like best?

It is an interesting concept - funneling parents and teachers into an app instead of email to facilitate communication and accountability.

What do you dislike?

Since there is no way for an end user to track behavior beyond a two-week window, the app is completely worthless. Communication is better served going through secure, school-owned channels instead of a third-party app that could go away at any time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't. Run far away.

None.

ClassDojo review by Esther T.
Esther T.

"Great communication tool with parents "

What do you like best?

I love how excited my kids get when they earn a dojo point. But most importantly I love setting the expectations and goals along with my students.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike about this tool. The student is held accountable and able to take their own learning and behavior into their hands.

Decreasing office referrals, decreasing negative behaviors by reinforcing positive ones.

"Parent/Student App"

What do you like best?

It seems to be really easy to use once you get it set up! Super fun and useful.

What do you dislike?

It took a few years for me to be convinced to use it simply because changing from manual classroom management to online can sometimes be tricky depending on parents, schools, and demographics. I also am a little concerned that too many parents will be too overwhelming with it, but hoping for the best.

It has more than just parent communication tools. It also has things that you can do with your class.

User in Primary/Secondary Education

"Great way to have continuous feedback for students"

What do you like best?

Having access to long and short term behavioral data

What do you dislike?

The challenge of getting parents that are not participatory in their child's education plugged in. I would also like the ability to show a guest log-in for substitute teachers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ClassDojo is quick with tech support and adding/adapting features. It is a fantastic form of classroom management.

The ability to provide instant and personalized feedback for students

ClassDojo review by Andrea H.
Andrea H.

"Class Dojo is good for elementary management"

What do you like best?

I used class dojo with an after school program in the hopes that it would help me manage more difficult behaviors and reward students who had positive behaviors. We tied this in with a reward system within the school program based off of a model that the school had already implemented into the classroom setting. There is a vast array of characters to choose from and we were able to input large class sizes of children. This program allowed us to track student positive and negative behavior with the use of pie charts comparing them to other students or just trending on their previous behavior statuses. It was nice to see this data if we had parental concerns for these children.

What do you dislike?

One feature that was hard to use effectively was the negative behaviors section. It only gave a few options of poor behavior choices so we ended up creating some of our own (which was in itself quite easy, just time consuming to figure out without any specific directions on the site). It also was a little disappointing that when a child received a bad point, it made a negative sound. This was able to be adjusted but there was confusion with figuring these steps out. Having some tech support within the Ipad app would have proven to be very helpful when trying to adapt this to our specific needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Class Dojo is great to use, but you must read up on how to adapt it to meet your needs if you do not like the preset options that it provides. I am unsure how you would find this information, besides a search engine, but it would be very useful to look up.

This app helped us to solve some behavior issues we were experiencing with our students. As previously mentioned, it helped us to track student behavior and bring these concerns to the principal and to the childrens' parents. This was a huge benefit to our school program and allowed us to adapt to rewarding those students who were making positive choices.

"Love to Use Dojo"

What do you like best?

The students find it meaningful and it effectively helps them manage their classroom behavior.

What do you dislike?

It is difficult to go to it several times during the day and give and take behavior points to / from students. However, I usually give the points and take them away after school as I review the way students worked and behaved during the day.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have your class be involved with choosing the behaviors you wish to monitor so they understand exactly what they can earn points for or what they can lose points for.

Have the class have a goal for the number of points they are working towards. My class tries for 50 per week and then they get to pick from a treasure box on Friday afternoon if they reach the goal.

I am solving the problems of running a behavior system. The benefits are that the digital format of Class Dojo is visually appealing to the students and they like to be shown how well they are doing on a projected screen.

ClassDojo review by Jennifer K.
Jennifer K.

"wonderful for any parent"

What do you like best?

I like that I can reach the teacher whenever i have a question or concern

What do you dislike?

Nothing that I've encountered as of yet!

This allows me to see what what my son's progress in is on a daily basis, the teacher can share moments and photos with the entire parent community of the class, and we can all feel connected.

"Class dojo"

What do you like best?

I love the availability of class dojo and the open communication teachers have with parents.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that parents expect an answer right away. It is also not practical to expect that parents will want a update every time a child is talking throughout a school day.

Communication and able to put a specific not on a child’s negative dojos

ClassDojo review by Administrator in Business Supplies and Equipment
Administrator in Business Supplies and Equipment

"Classroom Management"

What do you like best?

I love how you are able to monitor student progress as well as communicate with parents throughout the school year. Class dojo is an awesome tool to use as a teacher.

What do you dislike?

Classdojo could be more user friendly when it comes to communicating with parents because many of the parents have not been able to send instant messages as easily as they would like to.

I am able to solve the issue of communication problems. I have realized that the benefits of using classdojo has allowed me to keep track of student behavior and participation throughout the school year.

ClassDojo review by User in Higher Education

"class dojo is like big brother"

What do you like best?

It's intent is noble as a method to communicate class information from teachers to students and their guardians.

What do you dislike?

The behavior monitoring/discipline systems seems like big brother and teachers can use it for over-reporting any misstep or sniffle or out of turn talking that students do. These behaviors would be addressed teacher to student in class 10 years ago, and that'd be the end of it. The very reporting and near synchronous communication systemically over-emphasizes behavioral problems, causing all interested parties (teachers, students, guardians) to over-analyze and over-react.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep in mind the psychological effects of the behavior management system.

None.

ClassDojo review by User in Restaurants
User in Restaurants

"Great app for the classroom"

What do you like best?

The app is so helpful in keeping a line of communication with parents. It also provides a tool for behavior management.

What do you dislike?

I wish that there was a way to post multiple photos within one post.

The ability to communicate with parents of students without sharing any of my personal information has been wonderful.

ClassDojo review by Crystal G.
Crystal G.

"Wonderful experience"

What do you like best?

Class dojo provides a wonderful experience for parents. It's user interface is easy to use and simple to understand

What do you dislike?

There is very little that I dislike about class dojo. If the teacher does lots of updates, the alerts can be frustrating but that is easily turned off.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I

Class dojo allows instant communication between parents, students and teachers.

"Class Dojo"

What do you like best?

The program is really easy to use. It is very user friendly! The cartoons on the screen are cute & students seem to like them.

What do you dislike?

Students' attention is often drawn to the program rather than the assignment or lesson when the program is used for behavior management. The students tended to want to misbehave when the program was in use in my classroom.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It might work better in your classroom with your students than it did mine. It is a great program, is user friendly, and has cute graphics.

I used the program to help me with classroom discipline. I found that it was very engaging for the students. The graphics in the program were cute and appealing for my Jr. High students!

"Classroom Turn Around"

What do you like best?

I love how my students are able to keep individual track of their classroom behavior. I also love that my students immediately turn their behavior around when they hear the points awarded or points taken away.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that sometimes the students will compare one another, and that can end in negative results.

I have found my students to be much more on task.

ClassDojo review by Maria B.
Maria B.

"Not just for elementary school "

What do you like best?

It helps keep discipline in class and iit is easy to notify parents of students behavior

What do you dislike?

Implementing the program at the high school level isn’t pushed

Recommendations to others considering the product

They need to offer numerous professional development sessions to improve teacher usage

My classroom discipline has improved dramatically since I started using it

ClassDojo review by Killian P.
Killian P.

"Not for me."

What do you like best?

My students liked the little characters a lot.

What do you dislike?

I pretty much have to walk around with it open and in hand, making it hard to use my devices for other things.

I like the idea a lot, and I might use it in a different environment. It wasn't entirely necessary with my current situation.

ClassDojo review by Administrator

"Best communication for teachers and parents"

What do you like best?

I love the seamless communication! It makes the relationship between parent and teacher much closer! And it doesn’t take any effort at all to implement into my classroom!

What do you dislike?

Nothing! So far I have lived every part of Class Dojo!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it! It made my life as a teacher so much easier!

Communication

ClassDojo review by Grace H.
Grace H.

"Class Dojo Review"

What do you like best?

It's easy, cute, and kids love it. It's easily aligned to our behavior system that our school has in place.

What do you dislike?

There are no things that I dislike. The platform is easy to use.

There are no problems. Benefits is it sends messages to parents as well.

User in Education Management

"ClassDojo is a good communication tool"

What do you like best?

I like School Story, as it shows what’s going on to families and community members.

What do you dislike?

I’m not big on the points system for rewarding students, as it seems a lot less tangible than physical in-class rewards.

I communicate with students’s families, both individually and as a group.