ClassDojo

ClassDojo is a simple classroom management using positive feedback and parent communication.

Work for ClassDojo?

Showing 109 ClassDojo reviews
ClassDojo review by <span>Sharyn F.</span>
Sharyn F.

Class Dojo for Management and Communication

What do you like best?

Class Dojo allows you to set up an individual class. You can reward students with points for good behavior and take points away for poor behavior. There are set behaviors and point values, and you can edit and add your own. It also has a system that you can set up to message paremts individually or as a group.

What do you dislike?

Parents must sign up, and not everyone does. Not everyone likes online communication. It can be subjective, so I always try to keep a device near me so that I can assign points consistently. Some students like being able to login and track, but other students do not. Students are always asking about their points because they like to see what they are doing.

Parents like communication, so this is a nice way for me to send out a message and let parents know what is going on in the classroom. They like the consistent updates and communication .

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about ClassDojo
ClassDojo review by <span>Melissa V.</span>
Melissa V.

Class dojo - great classroom tool

What do you like best?

What I enjoy most with class dojo as a parent and as a teacher is the user friendly platform. It gives me the opportunity to send a message out to parents, display how the student is showing responsibility in school and most importantly the students LOVE it. It makes sounds for a job well done motivating them to make better choices. Lastly, you can share your class with other teachers who also share time with the students.

What do you dislike?

Class dojo although you can share. Message and see who read it, it does not allow the parent to reply all. When setting up a list of items needed to donate to the class this would be a great option to have. The avatars also always look happy even if the student is in red or negative points. I wish the facial expressions would change along with the students points earned.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great classroom management tool.

Classroom management and classroom communication with parents.

What Classroom Management solution do you use?

ClassDojo review by <span>Jennifer B.</span>
Jennifer B.

Closing the communication gap between school and home.

What do you like best?

I have two accounts for this app one I have is a parent and I use it to keep track of my son's behaviors at school I also use it to communicate with the teacher and to see how his academics are going.

I also have a second account set up with the teacher and I love that I am able to give live feedback to them throughout the day and they didn't of vacation straight on their phone additionally I like the fact that they can see how they are doing and they put it up in the smart board for them to be able to have immediate feedback to their behavior

What do you dislike?

The part I dislike is that they have limited options for avatar choices that each student can pick as their picture. I wish that we could upload pictures for each student to have more of a buy-in to program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Must try for your classroom

I use it for classroom management and parents teacher communication.

ClassDojo review by <span>Keshia B.</span>
Keshia B.

Communication and Behavior

What do you like best?

The feature that I like best is the ability to communicate with parents. In the school that I work in many parents have their phones shut off month after month but they still have the ability to connect to wifi. When I call them to speak about their students there are many parents that do not answer. I am able to message them on dojo and they quickly respond.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that I do not have the option to set up multiple classes within one teacher login. I teach 2 round of mathematics and I would like to display only the students in their class group.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ClassDojo is a combination of so many other tools that I use to use. ClassDojos allows me to communicate with parents. It allows me to monitor students behaviors. It collects the data of the students behaviors for me. It allows me to place timers on the board. It will randomize groups for me.

As a school we have been able to share students and award points to students doing well. My principal and I have discussed School-Wide Positive Behavior Plans and ClassDojo would allow us to do this.

ClassDojo review by <span>Rebecca R.</span>
Rebecca R.

Great Classroom Management Tool

What do you like best?

Classdojo is a great classroom management tool for elementary students. It's fun for kids because they can pick their own little avatar and see their points add up. The parents can connect to it as well and see their child's progress.

What do you dislike?

I have had a few issues with Classdojo. When I got married and changed my name, and then later moved to a different school, I had to contact their customer support to get this updated on my class dojo. I couldn't connect to a different school with my account or change my email address. The customer support was prompt but I would like to have done that myself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool for elementary. I don't think that middle schoolers or high schoolers would buy into this.

In education, this tool is great for specials teachers to reward students for great behavior in their classes as well. Students that are doing a great job in music can get dojo points and it contributes to an overall school community.

ClassDojo review by <span>Elizabeth C.</span>
Elizabeth C.

My students and I both love ClassDojo!

What do you like best?

At first, I thought ClassDojo would be too "kiddish" for my seventh graders, but I was proven incorrect. They absolutely love it. It takes classroom management and puts it in the hands of the kids by giving them a wide range of options such as designing their own avatar, keeping track of their points, and being able to monitor not only their individual behaviors and actions but their peers' as well. I also love that parents can access how their children are doing, and I love the new newsletter/story feature (haven't used yet, but am planning on it).

What do you dislike?

To be honest, I don't dislike anything. I think everything is very straightforward on ClassDojo, and it makes the information easily accessible and understandable to parents, students, and teachers alike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're having some issues with classroom management or just want to create a positive learning environment with the help of "friendly competition," this platform is a great way to do that. I thought it would be too "kiddish" for my seventh graders, but from what I can see from my own experience and my colleagues' experiences is that middle schoolers love this! They like keeping track of their progress, especially in comparison to their classmates. It is important to have incentives (e.g., if you reach x-amount of points by the end of the week, then you get y). It is also helpful to have parents be a part of the process so that there is more buy-in all around.

I started using this to manage classroom behavior with one section of students a couple years ago. Nothing was working with them, but this helped a lot. They were more invested into having a positive learning community because of this platform.

Learning about ClassDojo?

* We monitor all ClassDojo reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.