Want to see who topped the 2019 Best Software Awards?

Classy

(72 reviews)

Classy is an online and mobile fundraising management tool for the modern nonprofit

Work for Classy?

Learning about Classy?

Classy Reviews

Showing 74 Classy reviews
Classy review by Nicole C.
Nicole C.

"Lots of hype, little reward"

What do you like best?

The site is clean and well-designed, aesthetically. It is easy for fundraisers to create and edit their own fundraising pages without administrative support from the non-profit.

What do you dislike?

The UX is actually clunky and confusing. The donor management system is pretty simplistic, and doesn't show a 360 view of the user. Most importantly, the platform is never working at its fullest capacity. Donors weren't syncing to Mailchimp, then the fundraising pages were mysteriously not accepting donations, and we had a donor swear they donated and send the confirmation screen, but the money was nowhere to be found. In addition, it's incredibly expensive, and their customer service team could never resolve issues we encountered.

We used Classy for almost two years to manage online donations, and found little benefits. We decided to move to a platform that was 100% free. It's less robust, but far more effective and reliable.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Classy
Classy review by Keith G.
Keith G.

"Worth every penny and the BEST support"

What do you like best?

Classy has been an excellent tool for our org. It has changed the way we are able to raise funds. In the past two years, we have been with Classy, we have seen a big increase in new donors. The ease of the platform is great. Any time I have had a question, it is answered quickly via their chat feature. Our rep is amazing and always has great feedback and ideas to help our campaigns get better and better.

As a non-profit, cost is always our biggest factor. The Classy platform has paid for itself and we will never look back.

What do you dislike?

I really can't say anything that I dislike. Customer service is the best I have ever experienced. There are constant updates to the platform. It is one of the best product experiences I have ever had.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't wait. You are losing donations while you are deciding!

It really helps us connect with new donors and expand our reach. Being able to have people jump right in and raise funds for our different programs is awesome. We use crowdfunding as well to help folks raise funds for their mission trips. It has been a huge success.

What Fundraising solution do you use?

Classy review by Ellie H.
Ellie H.

"Makes the donation process easier for donors and simpler for fundraisers"

What do you like best?

Classy has a beautiful interface, which makes the fundraising process MUCH simpler and enjoyable for all users. Classy greatly improves the donor's giving experience with simple, intuitive, and compelling donation forms and campaign landing pages, making it more likely for donors to engage with us as an organization in the future. Classy also simplifies the back-end process for fundraisers and makes it easy to create donation forms and campaign landing pages, as well as track donors and gifts as they come in. Classy also provides the organizations they work with with great resources - like blogs, guides, webinars, etc. - that are helpful for continued learning and improvement.

What do you dislike?

We have had some challenges with organizing our different funds on our donation forms. We have dozens of funds, which we are unfortunately unable to re-order in our donation forms. It would be ideal to be able to determine the order in which they appear in order to prioritize our general fund and make it an easier and more intuitive process for the donor to find the correct fund. The other downside is the high fees associated with Classy - they take too much of a cut of donations, in my perspective.

We have solved the problems of needing fundraising campaign landing pages and peer to peer fundraising abilities. Having these capabilities is definitely a benefit to our fundraising process.

Classy review by Chad B.
Chad B.

"Classy is even amazing for schools"

What do you like best?

I understand that as a not for profit, you might be put off by the software and transaction fees, however, the fees more than pay for themselves in the inordinate amounts of time the software saves the associates or volunteers at your organization. The time savings are a huge plus. The record keeping is also amazing. You know the donor who asks, "how much did I give last year?" Or who asks, "How much have I given so far this year?" The record keeping is very valuable. The ability to pass records from associate to associate is also very helpful.

What do you dislike?

In absence of ecommerce "store" features, our organization still uses tools like Shopify to run charity "sales."

Problem: Record keeping is too cumbersome. Solved with Classy.

Problem: Managing donor receipts is too cumbersome. Solved with Classy.

Problem: Information and reporting is too inaccessible. Solved with CLassy.

Problem: We need a web developer to customize something or update something. Solved with Classy.

Classy review by Bryan K.
Bryan K.

"Classy is by far THE BEST online fundraising platform for nonprofits!"

What do you like best?

Classy not only offers an outstanding variety of tools, like donation pages, crowdfunding campaign pages, peer-to-peer fundraising and more, they provide unmatched design capabilities. You do not have to simply accept a bland, generic prototype like other platforms, but can customize the look and feel of each to best support your brand and the particular appeal. To the extent features are standardized and cannot be changed, Classy is constantly adding new functionality and always innovating and looking for ways to improve their product. In addition, their customer service is excellent. The reporting tools (how many transactions, how much, by whom, when, etc.) are also sophisticated.

What do you dislike?

I think some of the reporting tools prior to the recent upgrade in software were easier to use, but I'm confident the kinks in the new version will be ironed out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's worth it!

We became Classy clients in order to better monetize our website and begin to build a robust online fundraising presence. To date, three years into using Classy, we have achieved these goals and continue to grow our online donations at a rapid pace.

Classy review by Carrie A C.
Carrie A C.

"Fantastic Support"

What do you like best?

The customer service and ideas. My account manager, Audrey, always goes above and beyond, showing me free tools to implement design or introducing me to other vendors who can streamline my processes. The tools are simple to use and the reporting is extremely transparent. The software is compatible with Salesforce which enables efficiency. Would highly recommend.

What do you dislike?

There are so many options that I was a bit overwhelmed when I first began, but my account manger did a fantastic job of guiding me on where to begin.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We reviewed three companies, but found Classy to be the most comprehensive and at the best value.

We are in the process of learning how to solicit funds from individuals. Classy has a full suite of tools to learn on your own in addition to very creative account managers. They host webinars and send eblasts that are full of great ideas on Giving Tuesday Campaigns, crowd funding and other topics. As a new person in development, I also found their conference extremely valuable, not just by their tools, but networking as well. I feel that they are an extension of my team and really support my mission.

Classy review by Page S.
Page S.

"Love Classy!"

What do you like best?

We have been using Classy for nearly 4 years now and I absolutely love the customizability of the platform. Everything looks completely cohesive with our website and organizational branding. It's also incredibly easy to continue to run similar campaigns year after year thanks to the platform. The integration with Salesforce has been a major deciding factor in keeping Classy through the years as well.

What do you dislike?

As with any technology, there tend to be some trouble points for new users signing up on the platform. Our biggest problem has been around people RSVPing for events and using their email for all of their guests, which then creates a mess inside of our Salesforce instance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it!

There used to be a huge time drag before we used Classy, and even with other platforms like mobile bidding, when it comes to importing information into Salesforce. Classy's integration makes it super easy to see donations and progress in Salesforce in real time.

Classy review by Jon T.
Jon T.

"Hands Down Best Nonprofit Fundraising Platform"

What do you like best?

It's beautiful & simple design make it so simple to create fundraising pages and events right out of the box. It also has the flexibility to be customized to whatever your needs are.

What do you dislike?

All of my nitpicks are very in-the-weeds, like the answers to custom questions aren't on the registration receipt and can't be changed by the user. But those are really just feature requests and Classy is really good about listening to their customers and adapting the platform to their needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's hands-down the best platform, especially for small-medium sized nonprofits looking to scale but don't have big teams to implement the more clunky fundraising platforms. But Classy is just as well-equipped to handle even the biggest nonprofits too (and many of them would be well-served if they actually switched to Classy).

Classy (and its founders) literally inspired me to start my own nonprofit, which has raised more than $1 million all on Classy.org. For 7 years we were able to work in the slivers of our spare time growing our nonprofit, but thanks to Classy's platform they've made it incredibly easy for us to scale and create more and more impact each year. We literally wouldn't exist without it.

Classy review by McKenzie B.
McKenzie B.

"Powerful enough for events and basic donor page, lots of features we don't use."

What do you like best?

Salesforce integration is excellent! This may be the most valuable part of using Classy for our main donation page, ticketed events, and recurrent monthly donations. It's very user friendly and easy.

What do you dislike?

Classy is built largely around P2P capabilities. Unfortunately, we haven't had a lot of luck tapping into P2P campaigns, so it seems focused outside what we are using it for. The biggest disappointment has been trying to conduct online raffles and having the payments processor snitch us out (or classy snitch to them). In Montana, you can conduct online raffles and use Debit cards legally as a 501c3 as long as you are registered to do them with the Department of Justice Gambling Divison. It's super irritating that a processor (probably based in California) where the law does not apply can dictate our activities. We had to use Onecause to conduct the raffle sales, which worked fine considering we already use that platform for other events, but again not perfectly suited. Bottom line: it doesn't do raffles...

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend the platform for midsize non-profits. Consider your needs, it's integrations and features before you drop the cash. It may be overkill for you now, but if your organization is growing it may give you what you will eventually need to adopt.

Saleforce integration saves a lot of time for us. I know not everyone is using SF for their CRM but it sure has made it easy to track opportunities as they come in, or as we are cultivating.

Classy review by Selah D.
Selah D.

"Dynamic Fundraising Platform with Amazing Customer Service"

What do you like best?

I am impressed with the variety of design options in the most recent Classy Manager update. It allows nonprofit's without a dedicated design person to create dynamic, attractive campaigns. I also appreciate the ability to set up email responses for various fundraising goals. And I have to mention the customer service...I have never walked away from a situation where I wasn't able to get my question answered or my issue resolved.

What do you dislike?

I do feel like it is a bit more cumbersome to find information in the new Classy Manager. Even though there is a Report option, I am not in love with it being a bit more like Salesforce. But it might just be me and I have a love/hate relationship with Salesforce.

We enjoy the ability to sync transactions into Salesforce and the amazing crowdfunding options. It has also been wonderful for events and ticket sales.

Classy review by Eileen T.
Eileen T.

"Giving Time Back to Fundraisers"

What do you like best?

Classy enables us to take the donor experience to the next level through seamless customization of donation pages and efficient integration with Salesforce. Classy is also constantly providing resources and sharing best practices to fundraising professionals to improve techniques and increase donations.

What do you dislike?

Additional customization is always ideal. It is my understanding that Classy is always actively working to provide additional features to users to increase customization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have recommended Classy to colleagues with other organizations. It provides such a modern experience for donors; but also offers administrators a lot of convenience.

Classy provides a donation webpage, in which donors can learn about opportunities to give, while also processing transactions, providing donors with immediate receipts, and integrating all data into Salesforce. Benefits realized include the ability to develop many different donation pages for our different campaigns, which all seamlessly integrate into Salesforce.

Classy review by Cassidy D.
Cassidy D.

"Classy rocks!"

What do you like best?

After a long search and some testing of other systems, Classy was the perfect solution for our nonprofit needs. It is easy to use, intuitive, and connects with our Salesforce environment. The customer support and coaching is amazing.

What do you dislike?

The Salesforce connection from time-to-time does need some attention and the Classy integration team is pretty small so the response time is slow. But if I follow-up they always respond.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use (both on the backend and for donors), can connect with Salesforce, and the ability to host events through the same system is great!

Donation pages, peer-to-peer campaigns and events. With the easy to use donation platform, we have increased our donations and have even been able to explore hosting events. The support and coaching we get from their team is truly amazing.

Classy review by Craig H.
Craig H.

"LHPPMF, Inc Experience with Classy"

What do you like best?

We have been using Classy for a few months now. The fundraising suite is very user friendly and easy to navigate. We're a small non profit and Classy has been a great addition to our ability to get the word out about our fundraising efforts.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike. Still learning much of the capabilities of the fundraising suite. The only thing I can think of is email communication with our donors could be better managed in the Classy site. But once again, we are still learning the capabilities of the fundraising suite.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would encourage more non profit organizations to use Classy

With classy, we have been able to easily get the word out about the Foundation's fundraising efforts via email, website, and social media. We have had very good success.

Classy review by Gabriella D.
Gabriella D.

"Classy is invaluable to our organization"

What do you like best?

Classy has a very easy interface that they're constantly improving. They also clearly take into consideration requests users make and are always looking to make their product better. Classy also makes it super easy to make beautiful and professional campaigns quickly! They Classy support team always helps me quickly and efficiently whenever I have questions or concerns.

What do you dislike?

There's not much I can think of that I dislike! There have been a few times when I had a small issue that the support team and I were not able to solve together, but nothing that's negatively impacted our organization.

We raise more money with Classy than we ever could have without it! Our campaigns always look professional and our data is better organized. Classy makes everything easier!

Classy review by Monica G.
Monica G.

"Classy, the smart way to make a difference"

What do you like best?

Where do we begin. Classy is more than a fundraising platform. Classy is a mentor, community, source of guidance and EASY to use raise money for important causes.

What do you dislike?

The Classy URL begins with 'donate'. At times, we use classy for fundraising opportunities that don't necessarily pertain to directly donating example: registering for a free event. When supporters see url "donate." they may feel they are being directed to make a donation which can be misleading.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Classy is more than a fundraising platform, it provides the opportunity to flourish as a nonprofit with all of the resources, support and easy-to-use functions.

Marketing, fundraising, integral communication - Classy has helped us see the 'big picture'. Success is much more than fundraising and Classy helps you understand that.

Classy review by Kelly Taylor C.
Kelly Taylor C.

"Great Fundraising System"

What do you like best?

Classy is easy to use and all employees understand it, which is of course a necessary function.

I love that we can build custom, attractive web pages using Classy. Then, ticket sales and donations and other tracking info go straight to salesforce.

What do you dislike?

A report I viewed the other day was a bit confusing. For example, two folks had cancelled their purchased tickets for a charity event. Were their tickets still counted in the total # of tickets sold? It was hard to say. I had to do the math by hand to figure it out. In the classy interface in salesforce, I wish there were definitions for different categories, that you could hover over.

We tracked donations, ticket sales and other necessary fundraising tools. Our salesforce admin can build custom webpages to sell tickets and promote events, which is an amazing capability, because all info from that pages goes to salesforce. Great to have a one-stop shop for all of our data.

Classy review by Brittany J.
Brittany J.

"The Tool That Took Us to the Next Level"

What do you like best?

I love many things about Classy: it has allowed us to build out user friendly campaign pages on our website that look clean but are easy for us to build with little to no web development experience, the CRM tools allow us to see who has participated in various campaigns and to what degree, we can sell our event tickets through the platform, but my favorite thing about Classy is the client support. The Classy team is top notch and has been extremely instrumental in the growth of my organization.

What do you dislike?

There are a few features that need to be caught up to speed. The main thing I would love to see is PayPal being added as a payment option for when someone donates on our pages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Classy has given us the ability to reach an entirely new audience and made it simple. The greatest values Classy has brought us is the ability to easily build these online fundraising pages and the staff who is incredibly helpful in guiding us to fully utilize all the tools and options within the software.

Online fundraising. We are in the midst of a peer-to-peer fundraiser that has been really successful and helped us exponentially increase our fundraising capabilities because we now have tools to reach the masses online and expert Classy staff to help us fully utilize the tools and build a successful campaign.

Classy review by Diana C.
Diana C.

"Classy is wonderful"

What do you like best?

The staff and support team are incredible, and the system is easy to use. We had never tried a peer-to-peer fundraising platform before Classy and were worried about figuring out the technology, but Classy is so easy to use and extremely intuitive.

What do you dislike?

We have not had any issues using Classy since we started our relationship with them 5 months ago.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give yourself the time to set up all of the fundraising pages as soon as possible so that you can make the materials and peer-to-peer sharing up and running for your supporters. The system is very intuitive so as long as your non-profit has set up the templates for your supporters, they'll have no problem creating crowdfunded pages that they can operate on their own.

With Classy, we are able to activate our supporters in ways never before possible given our small organization's technical capacities. We are also now able to accept donations in currencies other than US dollars, and that has been great, given our international presence.

Classy review by Jenny H.
Jenny H.

"Everything we were looking for and more..."

What do you like best?

Their customer service is phenomenal. I had researched online platforms that would help us in our fundraising efforts and found Classy. I love that our pages look like our organization and make our donors feel secure when entering their information. It is worth every penny to use this platform and I believe they continue to find new ways to help non-profits raise the funds that are so necessary for us to operate.

What do you dislike?

I don't really dislike anything. The sticker price can be a little hard to swallow, but really when you see all the advantages and features, you are happy that you made the switch.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This platform helps your organization streamline the fundraising process. Their customer service is excellent as well.

We wanted a way to fundraise to use our email campaigns and social media and to have a better way to tract donors and reach them once they have donated. We found all this at Classy.

Classy review by Aaron G.
Aaron G.

"The Best"

What do you like best?

Classy is a great platform through and through. For your individual fundraisers, it let's them create a personalized, styled page that also fits within the branding guidelines. It also gives them the chance to track their donations and outreach better. On the backend, it allows for teams to have oversight on the progress of specific events, campaigns or yearly goals. Their platform provides the exact features you need to export and perform any analytics you want as well as generate excitement among your fundraisers. On top of this, they have a newsletter that has incredibly helpful tips and tricks. Classy also creates an environment where you can message your donors as well as your fundraisers to make sure you get the word out. Of course, their marketing features are not their focus so you can always export CSVs to use Mailchimp or any other mass marketing features.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I can even think of, is that the webaddresses and campaign page navigation/search features are sometimes inconsistent.

Creating and tracking fundraising initiatives within a national organization. Balancing a hierarchical tree of fundraising sources.

Classy review by Brittany J.
Brittany J.

"Mobile-Friendly for the Win!"

What do you like best?

Classy has made some major upgrades that allow for their donation pages and campaigns to be mobile-friendly, which is super important to me. So many people use their phones for everything and having an easy-to-use experience is vital for success. They also release a ton of helpful guides and webinars. Their customer support is also very responsive and checks in often.

What do you dislike?

My only real complaint is billing reporting. It would be so helpful to see how much fees were taken out of Braintree, Classy and PayPal all in the same place instead of having to log into 3 separate places to get the actual donation amount logged in the books.

We are able to run so many different campaigns through Classy - events, fundraisers, general donation pages which makes my life much easier. If I had to find different sites to do all 3 that would be frustrating.

Classy review by Aly T.
Aly T.

"Online Fundraising Excellence "

What do you like best?

The look and feel of the Classy campaigns and site, the ease of learning how to use Classy as both a donor and staff member, the amazing support of the Classy customer service team, the incredible 3-day Classy Collaborative in Boston, the constant inflow of resources, ideas, and examples, and so much more!

What do you dislike?

It is challenging to size photos correctly to fit into the required spaces when building the campaign.

We've tried using multiple online fundraising sites and have had the best results with Classy. Through Classy's efficient reporting tools we have been able to see that we have increased in the number of participants

Classy review by Tiffany A.
Tiffany A.

"We highly recommend Classy"

What do you like best?

The platform is easy to navigate on both the back-end and public-facing. It's visually appealing, clean and sleek. The customer service is more like a partnership and they want us to be successful.

What do you dislike?

The site is very customizable, but I'd still like additional ways to personalize the pages within a P2P campaign. We'd also like more capacity to send coaching emails from the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product, great service! It integrates beautifully with Salesforce which is a big win.

We're building an individual giving program and Classy is our foundation to convey information and capture interest in the form of financial support.

Classy review by Administrator

"Great platform, though there's still room for improvement"

What do you like best?

Classy makes it easy to create campaign or event pages. Their platform integrates pretty well with Salesforce and the back end is pretty powerful as well, allowing for payment processing, reporting, communications, payment management, etc.

Additionally, their customer service is really great and their educational resources have been a great help to our organization.

Despite challenges listed below, Classy is going in the right direction with regularity. The campaign interface continually improves, the Salesforce integration has made great strides, and the new campaigns they’ve made available are great.

What do you dislike?

- Glitches in the campaign interface. It’s not like there are a ton, but there are a few that are bothersome and the design editor is often wonky. I recently spent 2 extra hours creating an image in powerpoint of a text box with an image in it because the design editor couldn’t wrap text around an image.

- The Salesforce integrations needs to be easier to use and more comprehensive. The Classy team does a great job already, but we find the need for custom fixes which take a lot of time and expertise that we don’t really have.

- Classy is expensive. Though it offers a lot more than other similar services, when the processing fees are added to the contract cost, it’s real money for a small NGO like us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's an excellent online giving and registration platform, especially for a small non-profit.

Classy has allowed us to improve our online campaign & giving capacity. It has helped us get much better at this and address these needs quickly.

Classy review by Molly O.
Molly O.

"Easy to use fundraising software!"

What do you like best?

Page set up for Classy is a breeze and basically enough for our one-off grassroots fundraising campaigns. Reports are easy to pull, and donor information easy to access. Classy support is also increadibly helpful and quick.

What do you dislike?

I wish you could add more than 5 fundraising project choices in the impact section. We often have very specific choices and have to lose one every once and awhile. Wish there were more options to create text boxes or break up information. If we were running a more sophisticated campaign I would like more options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Software updates can take longer than promised.

We've been able to collect money to a different pot rather than using our large organization donation page.

Classy review by Administrator

"Amplifying our online giving like never before! "

What do you like best?

The versatile options and new-age fundraising mechanisms like peer-to-peer and crowdfunding. Additionally, the ability to create user-friendly, beautiful event pages for our organization which has opened so many doors for us!

What do you dislike?

The Classy for Salesforce integration was definitely difficult for us to figure out and set up, but we are getting there. The only other downside to Classy is that you can rarely schedule a call with a fundraising specialist during the same week, which can hinder deadlines and time-sensitive fundraising questions.

We have realized that the user experience has so much to do with whether or not donors are prone to online giving. We have had an array of NEW prospects, who had simply never given online before but have commented that our new pages and processes are "seamless" and "safe"

Classy review by Mary M.
Mary M.

"Working with Classy"

What do you like best?

Classy's support team is top notch. They are always there if I need help or have questions on new products. The new roll out of the Classy platform has increased transparency with donors, and has been so much easier to design campaigns.

What do you dislike?

I do not have any dislikes at this time. Classy is supportive in every area, and they are continually listening to their customers to improve their offerings.

We are streamlining our donation and fundraising efforts through the Classy platform. It is has been a needed support for us.

Classy review by User in Performing Arts
User in Performing Arts

"Usable for the basics"

What do you like best?

The design is much cleaner and less dated-looking than lots of fundraising software out there, and the Classy blog has a high volume of excellent content for creative fundraising campaigns. It's much better than Bloomerang and some other fundraising software programs out there, that are either ugly or do not function well. The fact that it is very affordable is also nice compared to some other more clunky software like Bloomerang or ACS.

What do you dislike?

The setup is the most confusing part along with the functionality. The functionality has not yet caught up with the design but it's still better than a lot of other software out there right now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is good for evaluating different fundraising software and is very chic and appealing design-wise.

The organization I work with was using more traditional and less effective fundraising methods, without maximizing/capitalizing on their online presence. Classy helps with the modern look and reaching broader audiences.

Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Fresh and Moving Forward"

What do you like best?

Classy's biggest asset is ease of use for donors. The user experience (for the most part) is incredibly easy for donors and fundraisers to navigate. Classy has been rapidly improving their platform the past year based on client feedback. Classy Pay is projected to incorporate ACH payments soon.

What do you dislike?

Currently, I dislike the recurring donation notifications and how the access for donors to upgrade their donation amount or update their billing info themselves isn't as easy as it could be. I also don't like that they only see themselves as an online donation platform and wish they'd develop some better offline CC donation entry system. Currently, cc donations received via mail/phone have to be entered through the online donation form which is inefficient as it is built for donors', not data entry.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Classy is not a full-service donation management platform, it is currently, only an online donation management platform. They are expanding their functionality but don't offer efficient management/entry of offline CC donations. They take 2% transactional fee ON TOP of the payment processor fee (which is usually between 2-3%) in addition to the annual $6k fee which is a little steep and only recently 'worth it'. Definitely a solution geared towards larger organizations, but smaller orgs can definitely swing it. I encourage prospective clients to develop fundraising strategies that are feasible for your organization before signing up with Classy. If you're not going to leverage their integrations (out of necessity) or their P2P campaign models, then smaller-scale services would suffice. Classy has significantly improved the quality of their product over the past year. They are listening to their users and building out iterative solutions to reward customer feedback. The system is becoming easier to navigate and they're adding more customizable functionality. Take the time to learn about their releases and their SFDC integration updates/customization.

Classy's Salesforce integration has drastically increased our data integrity and efficiency. Their recent inclusion of Google Analytics allows us to asses traffic vs giving which helps us fine-tune our messaging.

Classy review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Good front end, needs improvements to syncs"

What do you like best?

The staff like it for its ease of use, that it looks nice, and the donor experience seems good. Donors can manage their own recurring gifts across multiple orgs, which is great. The support is pretty responsive.

What do you dislike?

The Salesforce sync is pretty buggy still; not all campaign types support all the features and there's some glaring holes in keeping the recurring donation status and data up to date in Salesforce. Much is hidden behind "partners and devs only" screens, so you can't control or troubleshoot your own issues. The new control panel will likely improve that a bit, I hope. Classy is also a very high price point for small nonprofits.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fully test your customizations needed in salesforce

Collecting recurring and one time gifts, having a user-friendly interface for donors. The first few campaigns are going well.

Classy review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Great for fundraising events"

What do you like best?

Their latest role out of the new UI is amazing for any org trying to crowd-fund-raise. Classy is a great for either peer to peer or event fundraising. Their customer service is top notch. When it came to finding a solution for us to crowd fund-raise, Classy's support team really sealed the deal for us.

What do you dislike?

Some of the integration of it with out database or accounting software is a little of a challenge but not enough for it use to look elsewhere. The old UI was a bit of a challenge when it came to customization and wasn't the most visually appealing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give it the demo a try. If you are interested in crowd fund-raising, its worth looking into. The platform can even function your entire website. Their user experience is great as well. We have so many people that love creating their pages.

They are helping us crowd fund-raise for our non-profit organization that focuses on on international relief. When you have a great UI that helps with representing your org at a very high level.

Classy review by Administrator

"Classy is so user-friendly!"

What do you like best?

Classy is so easy to learn and use, for both back-end and front-end users. It also looks fantastic! It's so easy to create a clean, well-designed donation page. And the team at Classy is amazing! They are so fast to respond to any support questions. I use the "chat" support feature frequently, and they are always able to help me quickly and thoroughly.

What do you dislike?

The one thing I dislike is the background images of donation pages don't always appear like expected. I'll upload a photo that is the recommended dimensions, but it will still sometimes appear enlarged or stretched.

Classy has made event registration so easy for my organization. It's been so helpful to have one place to store registerer's information.

Classy review by Matt J.
Matt J.

"They are indeed Classy..."

What do you like best?

I’m always impressed by the customer service and their dedication to providing free resources for non-profits through their blog and online tutorials.

What do you dislike?

I’m yet to find anything that I dislike.

CRM and online donations. It’s a one stop shop for all my donor retention needs. I know everything about my donors with Classy, and it allows me to create cash flow through reoccurring monthly donations.

Classy review by User in Medical Practice
User in Medical Practice

"Classy provides a means of fundraising for those in need, efficiently"

What do you like best?

I have enjoyed both working with and donating through classy to organizations that which benefit the good of the world through their service. The platform means well, has a great team of individuals who care for the well-being of our planet, and are doing their best at creating a method in which normal people can impact society in a big way.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike, beyond minor organizational issues that I have faced, which likely don't impact many users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend finding methods in which to better get the name "Classy" out with similar platforms such as KickStart and GoFundMe such as better marketing and user education.

Classy has allowed partnered nonprofits to flourish and effectively follow through with their missions/goals through a beautiful platform such as this. Benefits have included smiles from children in need and warm hearts

Classy review by Meghan C.
Meghan C.

"Classy is an absolute GAME CHANGER!"

What do you like best?

The ease in which we can process donations, create events, P2P campaigns and drive more gifts to support our mission!

What do you dislike?

Wish it had onsite functionality for credit card swiping and checking in guests at events!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it now! It is a game changer!

We have tripled our annual donations with the help of Classy and easy to create and promote campaigns!

Classy review by Edward P.
Edward P.

"Classy creates a beautiful platform to optimize fundraising "

What do you like best?

I love the simplicity of Classy. It is so easy to create donation pages, run reports, create events, etc. And, above that would be the seamless integration with Salesforce!

What do you dislike?

I don't like that some of the features take so long to roll out. I have been waiting about 5 months now for ACH payments to be a feature and it still is not available.

We are solving the problem of past terrible donation pages. The benefits of the Salesforce integration are unexplainable.

Classy review by Quantas G.
Quantas G.

"Great platform. Easy to use."

What do you like best?

The dashboard is easy to use for us as administrators and our donors. And the templates are visually appealing and easily customizable.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can tedious to navigate to multiple pages to make simple edits to a fundraising campaign.

We needed a simple platform to receive and process donations. Classy has provided that for us.

Classy review by Mark H.
Mark H.

"Amazing Platform"

What do you like best?

Easy to get started, easy to use, drives fundraising results upwards.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. Easy to use and their team is amazing!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it. The annual fee is a little high, but the quick ROI is amazing.

We tie our storytelling efforts and fundraising efforts together with Classy for a seamless user experience.

Classy review by Gregory A.
Gregory A.

"Pretty Expensive but worth it -- maybe"

What do you like best?

I like that it is user friendly for both the donor and the organization. It is especially helpful during times of disaster when large swathes of the public want to be one-time donors but not committed to the cause long term. It is also much more convenient than the system for donations set up on my organization's website, where the interface is not very intuitive and there are too many drop down menus to go through. Classy is the easier option to link to.

What do you dislike?

The monthly fee is exorbitant. I also don't find the emails I receive to be too interesting or relevant to my needs. I also wish I could customize each page more. Changing the colors and adding a handful of pictures isn't enough, in my opinion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep creating new projects for people to donate to so that interest in your page stays up. Otherwise the monthly fee won't be worth it.

We are trying to attract new donors while keeping the old ones. We are also trying to spread the message of our organization, which is to care for the underprivileged, especially children. Classy was a big help in realizing this goal during Typhoon Haiyan. We raised an unbelievable amount of money for the survivors in the hardest hit areas, in a very short amount of time -- simply because Classy was easy to use, reputable, and because it offered a tax deduction to US donors. With this money we helped people get life-saving medical care, built houses, started schools, and continued other humanitarian programs that are still growing today.

"The best! "

What do you like best?

Classy is a great fundraising platform with so many innovative features. They are easy to work with and I love how professional they make my pages look.

What do you dislike?

Although the cost may seem steep up front, the benefits far outweigh this cost.

Classy provides all of our online donation platforms and ticketing for events. Most significantly, it's registration plus fundraising feature directly contributes to the success of the peer-to-peer fundraising aspect of our annual run.

Classy review by Ryan T.
Ryan T.

"Classy is thebomb.org"

What do you like best?

Classy has a really slick platform that their team is always developing and awesome customer service.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything that I "dislike"

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do it!

Online fundraising, giving profiles, reporting, campaigns, and recurring giving programs.

Classy review by Administrator

"New to Classy, and enjoy it!"

What do you like best?

It's simple to use, and fairly intuitive, which makes it easy to use for people who do not have a lot of digital experience.

What do you dislike?

I wish the templates were a bit more flexible. I understand that this would be a trade-off for simplicity, but some of us have light coding skills or are more familiar with working in digital platforms and more flexibility would be nice.

It makes peer-to-peer fundraising so easy.

"Classy for Non-profits"

What do you like best?

Classy works great for non-profits. It's a good platform for fundraising and campaigns, and the best part is that all the data collected is integrated with Salesforce which is what our organization uses.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there are bugs and crashes, and the data does NOT sync properly. Not too much room for customization of the site. You have to use their templates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a non-profit, I would recommend! Especially if you use Salesforce for CRM. Very efficient!

We use it for fundraising, campaigns, collecting RVSPs for events, and promoting our brand. This makes it easy for us to self-run our campaigns and the following morning, we receive a Classy report of and and all transactions from the previous day.

Classy review by Emily Jean H.
Emily Jean H.

"Classy is a great addition to our fundraising plan!"

What do you like best?

Classy is very intuitive, both on the donor-facing and back-end user side. Classy also offers a high level of customization of event, peer-to-peer fundraising, and general donation pages. Plus the tech support is top notch!

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about Classy is that, because we use Raiser's Edge, we do a little more on the back-end to process donations than we did before when we used Blackbaud's NetCommunity. But it is worth it in the level of ease that our donor's experience when using our pages now.

Classy is extremely easy to use for peer-to-peer fundraising. One of our largest fundraisers each year is Over the Edge - a unique event where Girl Scout supporters raise money for the opportunity to rappel down one of our city's tallest skyscrapers. Our "Edgers" find Classy very easy to use when soliciting their friends & family to contribute to the personal fundraising pages - resulting in more donations for us!

Classy review by McKenzae B.
McKenzae B.

"A wonderful system!"

What do you like best?

The ability easily create campaigns that look professional and are user friendly to donors.

What do you dislike?

High transaction fees. Formatting of images.

Recommendations to others considering the product

DO IT

Scaling our crowdfunding/peer to peer abilities tied to events.

Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Classy is a great all-encompassing product for nonprofits"

What do you like best?

Classy is an all in one system that is customizable. It covers donations, recurring donations, fundraisers, and events. They have great customer service and help with strategy. They are also open to feedback and continue to improve their product based on their client's needs. It also syncs to salesforce and mailchimp!

What do you dislike?

There are a couple of reporting features that could be more user friendly, like the recurring donations report tab, and the design could have a few more easy customizable features. The classy API works great, but make sure you have a developer on hand to help implement it onto your website. I also wish the mailchimp integration let you choose a specific list per campaign to feed donors into (right now you just choose one list to sync to for everything).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! Especially if you have a designer/developer who can ensure you are utilizing classy to its fullest capability.

It's an all-in-one solution! We were using paypal's interface for receiving donations through our website before and it wasn't branded or user friendly. Now donors receive a More Than Me experience from start to finish. Syncing to salesforce and mailchimp also saves us a lot of time!

Classy review by Administrator

"Ease of use and great customer support"

What do you like best?

I like how easy Classy is to set up. It requires very little work and almost no knowledge of web design.

What do you dislike?

Since everything is so user friendly, Classy is somewhat limited in terms of customization. There are ways to customize some things, but not others.

We have substantially grown our monthly donor program and have been able to A/B test different pages for different campaigns, giving us a deeper insight into our online donors' minds!

Classy review by Administrator in Design
Administrator in Design

"best fundraising site out there"

What do you like best?

I have a Classy user for several years now (via the NPO that I work for). Everything is super simple, user friendly, and backed up by tons of support documents. If the support docs don't help, their staff is friendly and always eager to help.

What do you dislike?

Our organization does a lot of events, and I feel that classy doesn't accommodate ticket & sponsorship sales as well as some of the other platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot! If you have any questions or hesitations, reach out to support. In my experience, they are always willing to help out.

Our biggest "problem" is trying to reach new donors, and keep our current donors engaged. Classy offers tons of tools and resources to help with that.

Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Excellent Team Raising Software"

What do you like best?

It's very easy for a donor/fundraiser to create their own page and start raising money for our organization. It allows clear visibility towards the donor's goal and good collaboration between the fundraiser, their donors, and the organization.

What do you dislike?

The support channels have at times been rather slow to respond. I needed assistance for a critical fundraiser (an integration wasn't working) and didn't hear back from support until after the fundraiser (and after I had mentioned it to my account exec).

Classy helps us have easy team fundraising and partner with fundraisers without a ton of work on our side - it really does allow us to let fundraisers work without us needing to micro-manage their campaign.

Classy review by Ashley H.
Ashley H.

"Miracle Foundation loves Classy"

What do you like best?

Classy makes it so easy for our supporters to create their own fundraising pages, and the platform integrates well with our Salesforce instance. Plus, the customer support we receive is quick and awesome!

What do you dislike?

With Classy PRO, we get the added feature of domain masking - I'd love for our donation page URLs to display as our masked domain instead of changing to the actual Classy URL.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth a demo call to determine if the platform is a good fit for your organization's fundraising goals.

Classy's donation forms are responsive and mobile-friendly, which is super important!

Learning about Classy?

* We monitor all Classy reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.