4.3 out of 5
Do you work for Classy?

Classy Reviews & Product Details

What is Classy?

Classy is a social enterprise that creates world-class online fundraising tools for nonprofits, modernizing the giving experience to accelerate social impact around the world. Since 2011, more than 4,000 nonprofits have collectively raised over one billion dollars on the Classy platform. From crowdfunding to peer-to-peer fundraising, event registration & management, and one-time or recurring donations, nonprofits of all sizes trust Classy to manage all of their online fundraising under one roof. Classy’s award-winning, open API empowers anyone to build custom tools and unique supporter experiences, and out of the box integrations with third-party tools like Salesforce and MailChimp provide the most robust and powerful donor ecosystem in the market. For more information, visit www.classy.org.

Classy Screenshots

Classy Reviews

1-50 of 89 total Classy reviews

Classy Reviews

1-50 of 89 total Classy reviews
Classy review by Carmela R.
Non-Profit Organization Management

"Seamless donation platform for a small non-profit"

What do you like best?

Classy makes managing our organization’s donations seamless – from recurring donations to peer to peer fundraising. As a young non-profit with only one paid staff person – Classy has helped to make these processes much easier. I especially appreciate all of the resources from the blog to the guides that are sent via the newsletter. This removes a lot of the trial and error of launching a new initiative, like when we started our recurring giving program.

What do you dislike?

My only challenge is price point, which is definitely a big % for our small non-profit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It does take a dedicated IT/web professional to integrate Classy onto the website, so smaller organizations may have some challenges. While there are various benefits to Classy, when making sure that it's right for your NP/NGO, it's important to take note that there's both an annual cost plus a 3% transaction fee per donation.

Management of donations, reports, and donors. I didn't realize how easy it would be to manage donor information. I also really like all the user resources available on Classy's website and newsletter

Classy review by Monica G.
Community Outreach Director

"User-friendly platform and beyond"

What do you like best?

Classy is extremely user-friendly and the personal aspect of the platform is wonderful. Our organization receives constant support regarding platform questions, fundraising ideas and in helping us reach our goals in methods that are best for us.

What do you dislike?

It is my understanding Classy has expanded and a new system of representatives is in place. Our experience with our new representative felt busy and a little less personal than the first.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Classy is a platform that can allow you to succesfully fundraise with kids or multi-million dollar companies. I recommend Classy to an organization seeking to fundraise successfully, looking to grow and interested in working with people who care.

We track ALL of our donations through classy. It is the system that manages our donor profiles for one-time or recurring donors. We utilize Classy to create appealing web pages for tracking ticket sales, selling merchandise, and tracking free event registration. Utilizing Classy has allowed us to stay organized and empowered to raise more money for the children with cancer we support.

Classy review by Cassandra A.
Executive Director

"Easy to use for donors and organizations, seamless integration, and a helpful support team! "

What do you like best?

We made the switch to Classy from another fundraising platform in October 2018. The year prior, from October to December, we raised about $80,000. This year we raised more than double that, and I know that a big reason for that is because of Classy. The site is much easier to use for donors but it also is more aesthetically pleasing. It invites people in and engages them. Creating a page that transitions seamlessly from our own website was very easy to do with Classy. Page setup is user-friendly and I like that you can see the changes that you are making in real time, instead of having to make a change, save it, then go preview it, then go back and change it again (which is what we had to do on our old platform). Classy customer service has been very helpful as well. They are responsive and knowledgeable, and finding answers to my questions, or solutions to my problems, has been simple and pleasant. We have integrated Classy with our Salesforce database, which is a huge plus for us. There were some kinks but their support team was very helpful. Though more expensive that our former platform, I feel that the investment was definitely worth it.

What do you dislike?

It is significantly more expensive, both the annual subscription and transaction fees, than the last platform we were using, and that platform also guaranteed that we wouldn't pay more than 1.5% in fees in any quarter or they'd refund us. That was a tough choice to make but so far it's worth it and we haven't gotten too many complaints from donors about the fee.

The integration to Salesforce is huge for us, because it eliminates a lot of manual data entry. We've more than doubled our fundraising using Classy, while cutting our manual data entry time in half.

Classy review by Nikicha N.
Development and Communications Coordinator

"Simple, modern platform that makes processing online gifts a breeze!"

What do you like best?

We had been using Classy for a few years and then decided to switch to a different platform. That was a HUGE mistake. We ended up switching almost immediately (even paying for two platforms at once). We love Classy's modern design for it's fundraising and event pages. We love how simple it is to edit the design of these pages. The best part of Classy is how smooth the integration is with Salesforce. While we have had some issues with certain data not being pushed in, the team is always responsive in trying to correct the error. The chat function is especially useful when I have small questions to ask. Additionally, I enjoy their blog posts and resource emails and can always count on their site to have resources to download for all our communication and fundraising needs. Overall we have had a great experience using Classy and will continue to use their platform for our online giving.

What do you dislike?

We do wish there was a bit more flexibility in the kinds of things we can edit for the designs but it gets the job done well as is. For example, we often wish to customize certain colors on one button vs. a theme but are unable to do so.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Classy to anyone who wants to make beautifully designed campaigns without having any html or design knowledge and who wants their data to be pushed accurately and quickly into salesforce for processing.

Classy helps us both process and automize our online gift processing so that I have more time to do other work and less time uploading data into Salesforce. By hosting our events and our fundraising campaigns on Classy we can easily create beautifully designed campaigns and generate more revenue.

Classy review by Maura B.
Development Coordinator

"Classy is great. Amazing customer service and great product."

What do you like best?

Classy offers an easy-to-use (back-end and front-end) software for our small organization. We have tried 4-5 other event softwares and Classy is our favorite by far.

Price negotiations were fair and the Classy staff was fantastic during our onboarding experience. It truly felt like they were intending the best for us and that felt great.

The customer support team is phenomenal. Any time we have had questions we have had them resolved and more in 20 minutes or way less.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I run into features that I think are missing (it is important to realize that one software will not solve all of your problems). Classy has a great "suggestions" feature though that you can add tips for their developers.

We are creating beautiful event and donation pages and exciting our donor-base. Classy is easy to use on the front end and our users love it.

Classy review by Nicole C.
Founder, Executive Director
Non-Profit Organization Management

"Lots of hype, little reward"

What do you like best?

The site is clean and well-designed, aesthetically. It is easy for fundraisers to create and edit their own fundraising pages without administrative support from the non-profit.

What do you dislike?

The UX is actually clunky and confusing. The donor management system is pretty simplistic, and doesn't show a 360 view of the user. Most importantly, the platform is never working at its fullest capacity. Donors weren't syncing to Mailchimp, then the fundraising pages were mysteriously not accepting donations, and we had a donor swear they donated and send the confirmation screen, but the money was nowhere to be found. In addition, it's incredibly expensive, and their customer service team could never resolve issues we encountered.

We used Classy for almost two years to manage online donations, and found little benefits. We decided to move to a platform that was 100% free. It's less robust, but far more effective and reliable.

Classy review by Keith G.
Chief Storyteller
Religious Institutions

"Worth every penny and the BEST support"

What do you like best?

Classy has been an excellent tool for our org. It has changed the way we are able to raise funds. In the past two years, we have been with Classy, we have seen a big increase in new donors. The ease of the platform is great. Any time I have had a question, it is answered quickly via their chat feature. Our rep is amazing and always has great feedback and ideas to help our campaigns get better and better.

As a non-profit, cost is always our biggest factor. The Classy platform has paid for itself and we will never look back.

What do you dislike?

I really can't say anything that I dislike. Customer service is the best I have ever experienced. There are constant updates to the platform. It is one of the best product experiences I have ever had.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't wait. You are losing donations while you are deciding!

It really helps us connect with new donors and expand our reach. Being able to have people jump right in and raise funds for our different programs is awesome. We use crowdfunding as well to help folks raise funds for their mission trips. It has been a huge success.

Classy review by Ellie H.
Communications Specialist

"Makes the donation process easier for donors and simpler for fundraisers"

What do you like best?

Classy has a beautiful interface, which makes the fundraising process MUCH simpler and enjoyable for all users. Classy greatly improves the donor's giving experience with simple, intuitive, and compelling donation forms and campaign landing pages, making it more likely for donors to engage with us as an organization in the future. Classy also simplifies the back-end process for fundraisers and makes it easy to create donation forms and campaign landing pages, as well as track donors and gifts as they come in. Classy also provides the organizations they work with with great resources - like blogs, guides, webinars, etc. - that are helpful for continued learning and improvement.

What do you dislike?

We have had some challenges with organizing our different funds on our donation forms. We have dozens of funds, which we are unfortunately unable to re-order in our donation forms. It would be ideal to be able to determine the order in which they appear in order to prioritize our general fund and make it an easier and more intuitive process for the donor to find the correct fund. The other downside is the high fees associated with Classy - they take too much of a cut of donations, in my perspective.

We have solved the problems of needing fundraising campaign landing pages and peer to peer fundraising abilities. Having these capabilities is definitely a benefit to our fundraising process.

Classy review by Chad B.
Volunteer Director of the Booster Fund for Faculty and Student Essentials

"Classy is even amazing for schools"

What do you like best?

I understand that as a not for profit, you might be put off by the software and transaction fees, however, the fees more than pay for themselves in the inordinate amounts of time the software saves the associates or volunteers at your organization. The time savings are a huge plus. The record keeping is also amazing. You know the donor who asks, "how much did I give last year?" Or who asks, "How much have I given so far this year?" The record keeping is very valuable. The ability to pass records from associate to associate is also very helpful.

What do you dislike?

In absence of ecommerce "store" features, our organization still uses tools like Shopify to run charity "sales."

Problem: Record keeping is too cumbersome. Solved with Classy.

Problem: Managing donor receipts is too cumbersome. Solved with Classy.

Problem: Information and reporting is too inaccessible. Solved with CLassy.

Problem: We need a web developer to customize something or update something. Solved with Classy.

Classy review by Bryan K.
National Programs Director
Non-Profit Organization Management

"Classy is by far THE BEST online fundraising platform for nonprofits!"

What do you like best?

Classy not only offers an outstanding variety of tools, like donation pages, crowdfunding campaign pages, peer-to-peer fundraising and more, they provide unmatched design capabilities. You do not have to simply accept a bland, generic prototype like other platforms, but can customize the look and feel of each to best support your brand and the particular appeal. To the extent features are standardized and cannot be changed, Classy is constantly adding new functionality and always innovating and looking for ways to improve their product. In addition, their customer service is excellent. The reporting tools (how many transactions, how much, by whom, when, etc.) are also sophisticated.

What do you dislike?

I think some of the reporting tools prior to the recent upgrade in software were easier to use, but I'm confident the kinks in the new version will be ironed out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's worth it!

We became Classy clients in order to better monetize our website and begin to build a robust online fundraising presence. To date, three years into using Classy, we have achieved these goals and continue to grow our online donations at a rapid pace.

Classy review by Carrie A C.
Senior Director of Strategy & Operations
Farming

"Fantastic Support"

What do you like best?

The customer service and ideas. My account manager, Audrey, always goes above and beyond, showing me free tools to implement design or introducing me to other vendors who can streamline my processes. The tools are simple to use and the reporting is extremely transparent. The software is compatible with Salesforce which enables efficiency. Would highly recommend.

What do you dislike?

There are so many options that I was a bit overwhelmed when I first began, but my account manger did a fantastic job of guiding me on where to begin.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We reviewed three companies, but found Classy to be the most comprehensive and at the best value.

We are in the process of learning how to solicit funds from individuals. Classy has a full suite of tools to learn on your own in addition to very creative account managers. They host webinars and send eblasts that are full of great ideas on Giving Tuesday Campaigns, crowd funding and other topics. As a new person in development, I also found their conference extremely valuable, not just by their tools, but networking as well. I feel that they are an extension of my team and really support my mission.

Classy review by Page S.
Director of Communications & Special Events

"Love Classy!"

What do you like best?

We have been using Classy for nearly 4 years now and I absolutely love the customizability of the platform. Everything looks completely cohesive with our website and organizational branding. It's also incredibly easy to continue to run similar campaigns year after year thanks to the platform. The integration with Salesforce has been a major deciding factor in keeping Classy through the years as well.

What do you dislike?

As with any technology, there tend to be some trouble points for new users signing up on the platform. Our biggest problem has been around people RSVPing for events and using their email for all of their guests, which then creates a mess inside of our Salesforce instance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it!

There used to be a huge time drag before we used Classy, and even with other platforms like mobile bidding, when it comes to importing information into Salesforce. Classy's integration makes it super easy to see donations and progress in Salesforce in real time.

Classy review by Jon T.
Executive Director

"Hands Down Best Nonprofit Fundraising Platform"

What do you like best?

It's beautiful & simple design make it so simple to create fundraising pages and events right out of the box. It also has the flexibility to be customized to whatever your needs are.

What do you dislike?

All of my nitpicks are very in-the-weeds, like the answers to custom questions aren't on the registration receipt and can't be changed by the user. But those are really just feature requests and Classy is really good about listening to their customers and adapting the platform to their needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's hands-down the best platform, especially for small-medium sized nonprofits looking to scale but don't have big teams to implement the more clunky fundraising platforms. But Classy is just as well-equipped to handle even the biggest nonprofits too (and many of them would be well-served if they actually switched to Classy).

Classy (and its founders) literally inspired me to start my own nonprofit, which has raised more than $1 million all on Classy.org. For 7 years we were able to work in the slivers of our spare time growing our nonprofit, but thanks to Classy's platform they've made it incredibly easy for us to scale and create more and more impact each year. We literally wouldn't exist without it.

Classy review by McKenzie B.

"Powerful enough for events and basic donor page, lots of features we don't use."

What do you like best?

Salesforce integration is excellent! This may be the most valuable part of using Classy for our main donation page, ticketed events, and recurrent monthly donations. It's very user friendly and easy.

What do you dislike?

Classy is built largely around P2P capabilities. Unfortunately, we haven't had a lot of luck tapping into P2P campaigns, so it seems focused outside what we are using it for. The biggest disappointment has been trying to conduct online raffles and having the payments processor snitch us out (or classy snitch to them). In Montana, you can conduct online raffles and use Debit cards legally as a 501c3 as long as you are registered to do them with the Department of Justice Gambling Divison. It's super irritating that a processor (probably based in California) where the law does not apply can dictate our activities. We had to use Onecause to conduct the raffle sales, which worked fine considering we already use that platform for other events, but again not perfectly suited. Bottom line: it doesn't do raffles...

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend the platform for midsize non-profits. Consider your needs, it's integrations and features before you drop the cash. It may be overkill for you now, but if your organization is growing it may give you what you will eventually need to adopt.

Saleforce integration saves a lot of time for us. I know not everyone is using SF for their CRM but it sure has made it easy to track opportunities as they come in, or as we are cultivating.

Classy review by Selah D.
Operations Manager

"Dynamic Fundraising Platform with Amazing Customer Service"

What do you like best?

I am impressed with the variety of design options in the most recent Classy Manager update. It allows nonprofit's without a dedicated design person to create dynamic, attractive campaigns. I also appreciate the ability to set up email responses for various fundraising goals. And I have to mention the customer service...I have never walked away from a situation where I wasn't able to get my question answered or my issue resolved.

What do you dislike?

I do feel like it is a bit more cumbersome to find information in the new Classy Manager. Even though there is a Report option, I am not in love with it being a bit more like Salesforce. But it might just be me and I have a love/hate relationship with Salesforce.

We enjoy the ability to sync transactions into Salesforce and the amazing crowdfunding options. It has also been wonderful for events and ticket sales.

Classy review by Eileen T.
Advancement Associate

"Giving Time Back to Fundraisers"

What do you like best?

Classy enables us to take the donor experience to the next level through seamless customization of donation pages and efficient integration with Salesforce. Classy is also constantly providing resources and sharing best practices to fundraising professionals to improve techniques and increase donations.

What do you dislike?

Additional customization is always ideal. It is my understanding that Classy is always actively working to provide additional features to users to increase customization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have recommended Classy to colleagues with other organizations. It provides such a modern experience for donors; but also offers administrators a lot of convenience.

Classy provides a donation webpage, in which donors can learn about opportunities to give, while also processing transactions, providing donors with immediate receipts, and integrating all data into Salesforce. Benefits realized include the ability to develop many different donation pages for our different campaigns, which all seamlessly integrate into Salesforce.

Classy review by Corinne P.
Manager of Special Events

"Dynamic Fundraising Platform with Exceptional Customer Service"

What do you like best?

Our organization has been using Classy as a platform for registration and fundraising for nearly 4 years. During that time, we have been most impressed by the customer service provided by the Classy team. The staff at Classy is always eager to help, which makes for a better experience for us, and for our users.

What do you dislike?

It has taken some of our users time to get on board with our new platform (prior to using Classy beginning in 2016, we had used a different platform for years). We find Classy to be user friendly, but worry that some of our supporters do not.

Classy has allowed our event attendees to get registered online ahead of time and given them an opportunity to raise more funds for our organization.

Classy review by Cassidy D.
Team Member Engagement and Systems Manager

"Classy rocks!"

What do you like best?

After a long search and some testing of other systems, Classy was the perfect solution for our nonprofit needs. It is easy to use, intuitive, and connects with our Salesforce environment. The customer support and coaching is amazing.

What do you dislike?

The Salesforce connection from time-to-time does need some attention and the Classy integration team is pretty small so the response time is slow. But if I follow-up they always respond.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use (both on the backend and for donors), can connect with Salesforce, and the ability to host events through the same system is great!

Donation pages, peer-to-peer campaigns and events. With the easy to use donation platform, we have increased our donations and have even been able to explore hosting events. The support and coaching we get from their team is truly amazing.

Classy review by Craig H.
President

"LHPPMF, Inc Experience with Classy"

What do you like best?

We have been using Classy for a few months now. The fundraising suite is very user friendly and easy to navigate. We're a small non profit and Classy has been a great addition to our ability to get the word out about our fundraising efforts.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike. Still learning much of the capabilities of the fundraising suite. The only thing I can think of is email communication with our donors could be better managed in the Classy site. But once again, we are still learning the capabilities of the fundraising suite.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would encourage more non profit organizations to use Classy

With classy, we have been able to easily get the word out about the Foundation's fundraising efforts via email, website, and social media. We have had very good success.

Classy review by Gabriella D.
Development Director

"Classy is invaluable to our organization"

What do you like best?

Classy has a very easy interface that they're constantly improving. They also clearly take into consideration requests users make and are always looking to make their product better. Classy also makes it super easy to make beautiful and professional campaigns quickly! They Classy support team always helps me quickly and efficiently whenever I have questions or concerns.

What do you dislike?

There's not much I can think of that I dislike! There have been a few times when I had a small issue that the support team and I were not able to solve together, but nothing that's negatively impacted our organization.

We raise more money with Classy than we ever could have without it! Our campaigns always look professional and our data is better organized. Classy makes everything easier!

Classy review by Monica G.
Community Outreach Director
Hospital & Health Care

"Classy, the smart way to make a difference"

What do you like best?

Where do we begin. Classy is more than a fundraising platform. Classy is a mentor, community, source of guidance and EASY to use raise money for important causes.

What do you dislike?

The Classy URL begins with 'donate'. At times, we use classy for fundraising opportunities that don't necessarily pertain to directly donating example: registering for a free event. When supporters see url "donate." they may feel they are being directed to make a donation which can be misleading.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Classy is more than a fundraising platform, it provides the opportunity to flourish as a nonprofit with all of the resources, support and easy-to-use functions.

Marketing, fundraising, integral communication - Classy has helped us see the 'big picture'. Success is much more than fundraising and Classy helps you understand that.

Classy review by Kelly Taylor C.
Corporate Service Manager

"Great Fundraising System"

What do you like best?

Classy is easy to use and all employees understand it, which is of course a necessary function.

I love that we can build custom, attractive web pages using Classy. Then, ticket sales and donations and other tracking info go straight to salesforce.

What do you dislike?

A report I viewed the other day was a bit confusing. For example, two folks had cancelled their purchased tickets for a charity event. Were their tickets still counted in the total # of tickets sold? It was hard to say. I had to do the math by hand to figure it out. In the classy interface in salesforce, I wish there were definitions for different categories, that you could hover over.

We tracked donations, ticket sales and other necessary fundraising tools. Our salesforce admin can build custom webpages to sell tickets and promote events, which is an amazing capability, because all info from that pages goes to salesforce. Great to have a one-stop shop for all of our data.

Classy review by Courtney O.
Founder and Director of The Launch Pad Teen Center

"Best investment we made as a small non-profit"

What do you like best?

Classy has been a game changer for us here at The Launch Pad. It felt like a scary investment because we are a very small non-profit and it can be risky to spend money on things other than programming. However, Classy helped us reach a broader audience, it engaged younger families in what we do, and it gave us a much more professional look. Classy is user friendly, it communicates to our donor database so our Salesforce account stays up to date, it sends receipts automatically, and as a team of only 3 people serving 100s of teens a month, that helps us out so much. We are classy customers for life!

What do you dislike?

The only complaint I have is that I wish we could switch between campaign templates without having to rebuild the design. It's not a huge ordeal, that would just make it a little more efficient.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not only do you benefit from the product itself, but you gain access to an amazing community of fundraisers, non-profits, and industry professionals. I attended their conference last year, The Classy Collaborative, and it is the best conference I have been to in the last 10 years.

We are broadening our donor base substantially. We have also created new and more creative avenues for online fundraising with classy.

Classy review by Brittany J.
Event Planner
Non-Profit Organization Management

"The Tool That Took Us to the Next Level"

What do you like best?

I love many things about Classy: it has allowed us to build out user friendly campaign pages on our website that look clean but are easy for us to build with little to no web development experience, the CRM tools allow us to see who has participated in various campaigns and to what degree, we can sell our event tickets through the platform, but my favorite thing about Classy is the client support. The Classy team is top notch and has been extremely instrumental in the growth of my organization.

What do you dislike?

There are a few features that need to be caught up to speed. The main thing I would love to see is PayPal being added as a payment option for when someone donates on our pages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Classy has given us the ability to reach an entirely new audience and made it simple. The greatest values Classy has brought us is the ability to easily build these online fundraising pages and the staff who is incredibly helpful in guiding us to fully utilize all the tools and options within the software.

Online fundraising. We are in the midst of a peer-to-peer fundraiser that has been really successful and helped us exponentially increase our fundraising capabilities because we now have tools to reach the masses online and expert Classy staff to help us fully utilize the tools and build a successful campaign.

Classy review by Diana C.
Communication Coordinator

"Classy is wonderful"

What do you like best?

The staff and support team are incredible, and the system is easy to use. We had never tried a peer-to-peer fundraising platform before Classy and were worried about figuring out the technology, but Classy is so easy to use and extremely intuitive.

What do you dislike?

We have not had any issues using Classy since we started our relationship with them 5 months ago.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give yourself the time to set up all of the fundraising pages as soon as possible so that you can make the materials and peer-to-peer sharing up and running for your supporters. The system is very intuitive so as long as your non-profit has set up the templates for your supporters, they'll have no problem creating crowdfunded pages that they can operate on their own.

With Classy, we are able to activate our supporters in ways never before possible given our small organization's technical capacities. We are also now able to accept donations in currencies other than US dollars, and that has been great, given our international presence.

Classy review by Jenny H.
Executive Director

"Everything we were looking for and more..."

What do you like best?

Their customer service is phenomenal. I had researched online platforms that would help us in our fundraising efforts and found Classy. I love that our pages look like our organization and make our donors feel secure when entering their information. It is worth every penny to use this platform and I believe they continue to find new ways to help non-profits raise the funds that are so necessary for us to operate.

What do you dislike?

I don't really dislike anything. The sticker price can be a little hard to swallow, but really when you see all the advantages and features, you are happy that you made the switch.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This platform helps your organization streamline the fundraising process. Their customer service is excellent as well.

We wanted a way to fundraise to use our email campaigns and social media and to have a better way to tract donors and reach them once they have donated. We found all this at Classy.

Classy review by Aaron G.
Estimator
Construction

"The Best"

What do you like best?

Classy is a great platform through and through. For your individual fundraisers, it let's them create a personalized, styled page that also fits within the branding guidelines. It also gives them the chance to track their donations and outreach better. On the backend, it allows for teams to have oversight on the progress of specific events, campaigns or yearly goals. Their platform provides the exact features you need to export and perform any analytics you want as well as generate excitement among your fundraisers. On top of this, they have a newsletter that has incredibly helpful tips and tricks. Classy also creates an environment where you can message your donors as well as your fundraisers to make sure you get the word out. Of course, their marketing features are not their focus so you can always export CSVs to use Mailchimp or any other mass marketing features.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I can even think of, is that the webaddresses and campaign page navigation/search features are sometimes inconsistent.

Creating and tracking fundraising initiatives within a national organization. Balancing a hierarchical tree of fundraising sources.

Classy review by Brittany J.
Director of Communications

"Mobile-Friendly for the Win!"

What do you like best?

Classy has made some major upgrades that allow for their donation pages and campaigns to be mobile-friendly, which is super important to me. So many people use their phones for everything and having an easy-to-use experience is vital for success. They also release a ton of helpful guides and webinars. Their customer support is also very responsive and checks in often.

What do you dislike?

My only real complaint is billing reporting. It would be so helpful to see how much fees were taken out of Braintree, Classy and PayPal all in the same place instead of having to log into 3 separate places to get the actual donation amount logged in the books.

We are able to run so many different campaigns through Classy - events, fundraisers, general donation pages which makes my life much easier. If I had to find different sites to do all 3 that would be frustrating.

Classy review by Aly T.
Director of Development

"Online Fundraising Excellence "

What do you like best?

The look and feel of the Classy campaigns and site, the ease of learning how to use Classy as both a donor and staff member, the amazing support of the Classy customer service team, the incredible 3-day Classy Collaborative in Boston, the constant inflow of resources, ideas, and examples, and so much more!

What do you dislike?

It is challenging to size photos correctly to fit into the required spaces when building the campaign.

We've tried using multiple online fundraising sites and have had the best results with Classy. Through Classy's efficient reporting tools we have been able to see that we have increased in the number of participants

Classy review by Ashleigh K.
Manager of Individual Giving
Non-Profit Organization Management

"Classy makes it happen for Rise Against Hunger"

What do you like best?

I've used Classy to run fundraising campaigns for 4 years now and it couldn't be an easier user interface. They offer everything a non-profit needs to raise money, including ticketed events, crowdfunding and peer to peer. On top of that, their reporting capabilities are top knotch and they are continuing to bulk up their marketing communications option within the platform as well. Classy is always thinking of new ways to make the job of non-profits easier!

What do you dislike?

Would like more marketing automation tools built in.

Great digital fundraising with increase ROI while using Classy

Classy review by Tiffany A.
Chief Development Officer

"We highly recommend Classy"

What do you like best?

The platform is easy to navigate on both the back-end and public-facing. It's visually appealing, clean and sleek. The customer service is more like a partnership and they want us to be successful.

What do you dislike?

The site is very customizable, but I'd still like additional ways to personalize the pages within a P2P campaign. We'd also like more capacity to send coaching emails from the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product, great service! It integrates beautifully with Salesforce which is a big win.

We're building an individual giving program and Classy is our foundation to convey information and capture interest in the form of financial support.

Classy review by Brent E.
President
Non-Profit Organization Management

"The Best Fundraising Platform Out There"

What do you like best?

Classy won me over with their abundance of helpful content, followed by their friendly sales staff. Once I committed to switching to this all-in-one fundraising platform, I've enjoyed the user-friendly interface, and the quick, knowledgeable support Classy offers to its users.

What do you dislike?

I would like to have more CRM options for organization and communication with individual donors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you can afford it, you'll love the interface, creative control, and customer support.

I'm able to bring together fundraising tools, payment processing, and donor organization into one centralized place, all with beautiful pages with personalized branding.

Classy review by Administrator

"Great platform, though there's still room for improvement"

What do you like best?

Classy makes it easy to create campaign or event pages. Their platform integrates pretty well with Salesforce and the back end is pretty powerful as well, allowing for payment processing, reporting, communications, payment management, etc.

Additionally, their customer service is really great and their educational resources have been a great help to our organization.

Despite challenges listed below, Classy is going in the right direction with regularity. The campaign interface continually improves, the Salesforce integration has made great strides, and the new campaigns they’ve made available are great.

What do you dislike?

- Glitches in the campaign interface. It’s not like there are a ton, but there are a few that are bothersome and the design editor is often wonky. I recently spent 2 extra hours creating an image in powerpoint of a text box with an image in it because the design editor couldn’t wrap text around an image.

- The Salesforce integrations needs to be easier to use and more comprehensive. The Classy team does a great job already, but we find the need for custom fixes which take a lot of time and expertise that we don’t really have.

- Classy is expensive. Though it offers a lot more than other similar services, when the processing fees are added to the contract cost, it’s real money for a small NGO like us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's an excellent online giving and registration platform, especially for a small non-profit.

Classy has allowed us to improve our online campaign & giving capacity. It has helped us get much better at this and address these needs quickly.

Classy review by Molly O.
Philanthropy Coordinator
Non-Profit Organization Management

"Easy to use fundraising software!"

What do you like best?

Page set up for Classy is a breeze and basically enough for our one-off grassroots fundraising campaigns. Reports are easy to pull, and donor information easy to access. Classy support is also increadibly helpful and quick.

What do you dislike?

I wish you could add more than 5 fundraising project choices in the impact section. We often have very specific choices and have to lose one every once and awhile. Wish there were more options to create text boxes or break up information. If we were running a more sophisticated campaign I would like more options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Software updates can take longer than promised.

We've been able to collect money to a different pot rather than using our large organization donation page.

Classy review by Kamryn L.
Peer Tutor
Higher Education

"Great for fundraising in teams and has user-friendly reports"

What do you like best?

Classy is a great platform for our Dance Marathon because we are able to have both individual fundraisers and teams, adding an extra element of camaraderie during our event! Additionally, the versatility of the different campaign types for our other initiatives is super helpful, too. Classy has also redone their reporting system, making it much more dynamic and user friendly. Classy support is generally helpful, too! Overall, my experience with Classy has been positive and would definitely recommend!

What do you dislike?

There is definitely room for improvement with some of the functionality. For example, not being able to include pictures in the questions and we've had a few donor complaints.

We've been able to streamline our processes and improve the tracking of fundraising both for individuals and teams.

Classy review by Administrator

"Amplifying our online giving like never before! "

What do you like best?

The versatile options and new-age fundraising mechanisms like peer-to-peer and crowdfunding. Additionally, the ability to create user-friendly, beautiful event pages for our organization which has opened so many doors for us!

What do you dislike?

The Classy for Salesforce integration was definitely difficult for us to figure out and set up, but we are getting there. The only other downside to Classy is that you can rarely schedule a call with a fundraising specialist during the same week, which can hinder deadlines and time-sensitive fundraising questions.

We have realized that the user experience has so much to do with whether or not donors are prone to online giving. We have had an array of NEW prospects, who had simply never given online before but have commented that our new pages and processes are "seamless" and "safe"

Classy review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"A game-changer for organizations looking to take giving to the next level"

What do you like best?

With millenials as the largest segment of charitable givers, it was important for us to have a visually-appealing, user-friendly platform for managing online giving. Classy has done that for us. We have made a complete shift in our giving strategy from almost exclusively direct-mail appeals to a robust, web-based, crowdfunding and peer-to-peer approach. Additionally, the integration with Salesforce has been instrumental for us in being able to get the most bang for our buck. Finally, the ongoing user support, blog posts, guides, checklists, etc. have really been second-to-none. I can't recommend Classy highly enough.

What do you dislike?

There are a few features that are still coming along, but with an amazing customer support team, I'm sure they'll be on their way.

We've completely transformed our giving strategy.

Classy review by Mary M.
Executive Assistant
Higher Education

"Working with Classy"

What do you like best?

Classy's support team is top notch. They are always there if I need help or have questions on new products. The new roll out of the Classy platform has increased transparency with donors, and has been so much easier to design campaigns.

What do you dislike?

I do not have any dislikes at this time. Classy is supportive in every area, and they are continually listening to their customers to improve their offerings.

We are streamlining our donation and fundraising efforts through the Classy platform. It is has been a needed support for us.

Classy review by User in Performing Arts

"Usable for the basics"

What do you like best?

The design is much cleaner and less dated-looking than lots of fundraising software out there, and the Classy blog has a high volume of excellent content for creative fundraising campaigns. It's much better than Bloomerang and some other fundraising software programs out there, that are either ugly or do not function well. The fact that it is very affordable is also nice compared to some other more clunky software like Bloomerang or ACS.

What do you dislike?

The setup is the most confusing part along with the functionality. The functionality has not yet caught up with the design but it's still better than a lot of other software out there right now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is good for evaluating different fundraising software and is very chic and appealing design-wise.

The organization I work with was using more traditional and less effective fundraising methods, without maximizing/capitalizing on their online presence. Classy helps with the modern look and reaching broader audiences.

Classy review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management