Clearscope

4.7

Clearscope helps content marketers grow their audience and search traffic by removing the guesswork behind content performance.

Work for Clearscope?

Learning about Clearscope?

Clearscope Reviews

Ask Clearscope a Question
Showing 14 Clearscope reviews
Clearscope review by Paul B.
Paul B.

"Clearscope is our SEO secret weapon"

What do you like best?

Ever since we rebuilt our SEO and Content Marketing effort around Clearscope, we started seeing much faster compounding growth.

- One of the best keyword research tools. We use it along with Gooogle Keyword Planner and Ahrefs

- Best in class content report & optimization

- Great & responsive customer support and onboarding

Here's why content optimization with Clearscope is game changing:

1. Best in class. Literally, no other service comes close with respect to telling you what keywords & topics to cover to maximize your chances of ranking for a given keyword

2. We've eliminated the need for an SEO to go over our author's work. Clearscope is so easy that our authors are using it directly. As a result, our content ranks better and reads a lot better.

What do you dislike?

Clearscope is fantastic and we don't have any issues with it. We use Clearscope to optimize every single piece of content we publish.

Recommendations to others considering the product

After seeing the compounding growth of using Clearscope, I can't imagine giving it up.

Clearscope helps inform our content strategy by letting us find great keyword opportunities to write content for. Clearscope then helps maximize our content ROI by helping us optimize the content to write in order to maximize the chance our content has to rank on google.

- 40-70% MOM growth in SEO traffic

- every article we publish with Clearscope climbs up the rankings.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Clearscope
Clearscope review by Brian S.
Brian S.

"My go-to SEO tool for creating content that ranks"

What do you like best?

I love how Clearscope reverse engineers what's already ranking on Google for any given keyword, then shows all the relevant terms I need to include to create a search-engine friendly article. Before, I used to type a keyword into Google, eyeball the results, then make an educated guess about what kind of content would be relevant and important to write about. I don't do that anymore because I use Clearscope. This saves me time and energy, and even better, it's more accurate than what I used to do.

The freelance writers I work with to create articles love Clearscope too. One of them even called it "cheat codes" for creating relevant content. That's a good way to put it.

What do you dislike?

I think they could add a helpful feature to let you know when your content went down a grade, so you can make updates to keep your stuff relevant. That's minor though. The core functionality is solid and I couldn't be happier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do the demo and try writing an article for one of your target keywords with Clearscope's "relevant terms" report open in another tab.

I use Clearscope to create content that ranks. I added the tool into the writing process for our internal team and freelance writers to make sure we know which relevant terms to include from the beginning. We've used Clearscope when creating content from scratch, and also to rewrite existing content that didn't have a good optimization score. We've seen major gains in both.

I also use their keyword research tool in my planning/strategy phase so that's been helpful.

What SEO solution do you use?

Clearscope review by Shannon R.
Shannon R.

"The Time-Saving Tool That Doesn't Sacrifice Quality for Ease of Use"

What do you like best?

Clearscope's Optimization feature not only virtually stacks you up against the competition, but also highlights ways to improve before your content goes live. This process has fit seamlessly into our editorial practice and now everyone on our team uses it to create educated, informed, and unique content.

What do you dislike?

During Optimization, it can pull in terms that are not relevant to the content at hand and can reflect what's trending in the news cycle that week. This, of course, is not a make-or-break deal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to see immediate results for current content posting and future results for overall SEO traffic, Clearscope is for you.

I am increasing our SEO ranking and traffic with Clearscope and the benefits are endless. Not only are my writers more in-tune with the current conversations in the food world using Clearscope, but we're able to spin out content that ranks at lightning speed thanks to our AMP use.

Clearscope review by Brendan B.
Brendan B.

"A Must-Have Tool for your SEO Arsenal"

What do you like best?

Intuitive right out of the box. From running reports to modifying your content, it's really simple to use and the insights are easy to put into action. I've seen other tools attempt this type of analysis before, but it's either too convoluted or sloppily made. Clearscope has it dialed in. Definitely a tool you want in your SEO arsenal.

What do you dislike?

It's still a relatively new software, so obviously there is still more to build. The silver lining to this is that the team at Clearscope is very responsive and very open to feedback, so whenever I've requested something or reported a bug, they've responded and addressed the concern right away.

Optimizing content by including more relevant and topic keywords. The benefit has been a substantial lift in traffic to high value landing pages and blog articles.

Clearscope review by Jason C.
Jason C.

"Powerful SEO Tool, Caring Team Behind It"

What do you like best?

Easy to use for optimizing old and new content. Bernard was extremely helpful throughout the on-boarding process and went above and beyond to make sure I could implement the tool successfully to see results.

What do you dislike?

No cons. It'll be interesting to see what other features they add!

Clearscope is an extremely effective tool that helps me speed up the writing process and ensures I include relevant and related keywords from the start to produce better content. As a result, it helps the editors I work with save time since I've already used Clearscope to optimize the content before submitting. It's also allowed me to improve existing content on the sites I manage. I've been able to save time and feel more confident that the content I'm producing is highly relevant and optimized for search engines.

Clearscope review by Jenny M.
Jenny M.

"Great for SEO, not so great for usability"

What do you like best?

It's hard to miss the mark with SEO writing when using this tool. You have a list of relevant terms to include and your score updates as you write. It's also useful to see how your article compares to what else is ranking for that same keyword. You have text formatting options and a copy or edit mode. More or less the essentials.

What do you dislike?

If your reading level is higher than recommended, good luck finding which sentences are the culprits. It just says it's too complex, and leaves you to change word for word. Also, the relevant keywords aren't always that relevant, depending on the angle you're taking for your article.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Improve the UX of the interface so that writers have some form of guidance for the reading level. Think Hemingway app, for example.

it guides your articles so that they rank higher on Google. This is the go-to tool for many of my clients who provide high-ranking content to other companies. So far, the main benefit is the reassurance that the writing makes the cut.

Clearscope review by Andrew S.
Andrew S.

"A Great Tool for Creating High Ranking Content!"

What do you like best?

I like the methodology/approach to how they identify content opportunities and how the tool parses information to tell you what type of content to create, what keywords you need to include and how long your content needs to be.

What do you dislike?

I don't have anything bad to say about the tool other than some small usability/navigation things - but absolutely nothing major. The tool is easy to use and understand.

One of our biggest challenges was in trying to figure out what content we should be writing for our blog and product pages. I've looked at a lot of tools and couldn't find one that would help us understand the types of content and what content we should create.

Clearscope review by Nat E.
Nat E.

"Game Changer for Content Marketing SEO, especially with Freelancers"

What do you like best?

Clearscope has made it really easy for us to work with writers who have less SEO familiarity. We can give them a clearscope report, our own internal SEO guidelines, and they can reliably create content that's been ranking well. For personal use, it's also been great for improving old content to get it ranked higher.

What do you dislike?

The ratio of cost to the number of reports you get feels high. I also feel like it could pull in more relevant related terms sometimes, especially by working in related keywords to the suggested terms results.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try using it to improve your existing content--the results from doing that are much faster and can make a huge impact on your total search traffic.

Creating SEO focused content for our agency clients. We've been gettng really consistent positive results, as much as doubling clients' search traffic in the course of three months.

Clearscope review by Pascal C.
Pascal C.

"A must-have SEO tool"

What do you like best?

The tool is constantly updated with new SEO-oriented features that are based on client feedback. It is very intuitive and fast, optimizing content never was so fun and easy.

What do you dislike?

The pricing structure may deter some users at first, but the Clearscope team is always there to prove that their tool is worth the price (and isn't THAT expensive in the long run)

Most of our clients had content-related problems and we spent countless hours scraping the web to look for insights. Clearscope helped us to speed up the whole process, making my team work with their brains and letting the robots do the heavy lifting.

Clearscope review by George Z.
George Z.

"Clearscope will save you time, and make you look smart"

What do you like best?

Provides directional content recommendations that is both easy to follow and explain to stake holders

What do you dislike?

As an agency, we'd like to take advantage of the platform's built in editor by having it whitelabeled for our clients to use, or have the ability to export PDF reports that contain all the data found in their existing dashboard.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you provide onpage or content recommendations, this is a must in your toolbox.

Clearscope helps save us a tonne of time when forming content recommendations based on our target keywords.

Clearscope review by Agency
Agency

"Make Your Content More Algorithmically SEO Optimized"

What do you like best?

- Clearscope makes it easy to get more impact for less effort in content development and marketing efforts. For a given keyword, it suggests keywords to use in your content and how often. This is easy for a writer to follow and you can be confident the content will be SEO optimized.

- Shows you top content from SEO perspective for a given keyword that's out there, so you and the team can make yours better.

- Easy to optimize existing content - it scans an existing piece, grades it and gives improvement recommendations.

- Amazing support on the product as well as general SEO expertise

What do you dislike?

- UI could potentially be improved, but nothing that impacts performance

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it. Also consider getting rid of other keyword research tools since Clearscope has a good one.

SEO driven content creation - Clearscope allowed me to make this turnkey and easy for the writers to follow. Additionally, it provides needed marketplace intelligence.

Existing content optimization - saves time and improved ranking/traffic.

Clearscope review by User

"Clearscope for Content Development"

What do you like best?

The Clearscope dashboards for keyword search and content optimization are very simple to use, even for beginners. You are up and running in no time.

What do you dislike?

It's not a dislike but a desired feature - the addition of analytics for comparison purposes would be a terrific feature to have.

No problems - seeking to increase site traffic. As a new user (less than 2 months), it's still too early to gauge benefits, but I have already changed the way I look at content development.

Clearscope review by User in Internet

"No brainer for anyone wanting to get the most from their SEO and content marketing"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use. Whenever we're creating a cornerstone piece of content and need to make sure we have our SEO on-point, then Clearscope is a must use for our team. Gives great insights that are very actionable. We consistently get high page 1 rankings for our targeted keywords. I don't think it's an accident we went from 70 #1 ranks to 140 so quickly.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really, great product that we use regularly.

Helped us optimize our content marketing and SEO strategy

Clearscope review by User in Computer Software

"Clearscope Has Been Tremendously Helpful "

What do you like best?

Clearscope's easy-to-use interface turns any employee into a keyword research expert. The founder of the company, Bernard, is also amazing. He has deep SEO knowledge and is always willing to share his insights.

What do you dislike?

At this time, there is nothing that I dislike about Clearscope.

We publish a large amount of content every month. It would be impossible for us to manually do keyword research for every piece we publish. Clearscope helps us automate this process.

Learning about Clearscope?

* We monitor all Clearscope reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.