ClearView CRM

ClearView CRM is a nonprofit CRM with solutions in donor management and fundraising.

Work for ClearView CRM?

Learning about ClearView CRM?

ClearView CRM Reviews

Ask ClearView CRM a Question
Showing 29 ClearView CRM reviews
ClearView CRM review by Molly O.
Molly O.

"Great for Prospect Management"

What do you like best?

ClearView is great as a visually pleasing, easy way to look at a large amount of prospect data. The landing page is customizable, and prospect summary page provides a quick overview of your prospect, actions, etc. The ease of pulling reports is great, and the amount of fields are sufficient for our needs. CRM Mobile is nice but needs improvement.

What do you dislike?

Canned reports are lacking. We have a team that works on creating custom reports so that is very helpful for us. At year end, we often have too many users logged in, so you have to wait a few minutes during peak times. I keep getting logged out of the mobile app but find it a bit difficult to navigate as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Useful tool, helpful if you have a team member responsible for creating custom reports.

No more shadow databases! With so many fields and attributes, actions, etc we are able to better understand what we are looking for and what we want to pull/track. Shadow databases were a HUGE problem with my fundraising team.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about ClearView CRM
ClearView CRM review by Melissa B.
Melissa B.

"Clearview Review"

What do you like best?

Clearview has a lot of useful fields for prospect records, as well as when entering gifts. The dashboards and scheduled reports of some of my favorite features because they help to engage the whole team, even if they are not familiar with Clearview.

What do you dislike?

The report building in business intelligence sometimes seems quite limited, and is not always user friendly. There was a very important report our organization needed for major gifts, and we were told the report could not gather some of the information. I have also have a few problems with customer service, sometimes it has taken nearly two weeks to get a response on tickets.

The database has allowed us to track donor relations much better, especially with the "actions" feature. We can also quickly access some useful built-in reports.

What Nonprofit CRM solution do you use?

ClearView CRM review by User in Philanthropy
User in Philanthropy

"Not useful database "

What do you like best?

I like that all of our information for donors is in one place, however I do not find that all the information is accurate. I wish that some of the info were merged because a lot of donors come up for one search.

What do you dislike?

I do not find this software user friendly. The information per donor is not concise and each screen is hard to navigate. It seems that the screen I am brought to under each donor does not have the most useful information and each page takes a long time to load.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have frequent training sessions on how it can be used by fundraisers.

We found that we can put in more donor information and the more we enter in, the more reports we can run. For example, under the Foundation section, we can add info there. It is useful to be able to see most recent gifts for our organization.

ClearView CRM review by Charles Chih-Hao C.
Charles Chih-Hao C.

"Flexible CRM from Front End to Back"

What do you like best?

Clear View is a powerful CRM tool that allows you and your teams to customize your interaction with donors for your fundraising endeavors. From front end dashboards and customized donor views to multiple reporting tools, Clear View aims to give full control and analytics to it's users to maximize fundraising efforts.

What do you dislike?

Those migrating from SofTrek's previous CRM "PledgeMaker" may find certain features haven't migrated to Clear View yet. However, it is only a matter of time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Clearview is a terrific CRM for the non-profit/fundraising sector. However, as with all cloud-based SaaS, choose one that is the closest match to your operational needs 'out-of-box'. Customization that are above and beyond the standard operations of the original design should be kept to a minimal. All SaaS solutions cater to a target niche sector and as enhancements/upgrades are made, they apply to everyone and potentially can interfere with your 'customization'.

Our organization needed to move to a more robust, cloud-based CRM to keep track of our donors and for reporting purposes without an internal IT team and resources.

ClearView CRM review by User in Individual & Family Services
User in Individual & Family Services

"Great Front End User Interface"

What do you like best?

List Manager, Mobile App, & dashboard. I also like the Siri Dictation options for notes. Call from App option.

What do you dislike?

Reports don't always populate as I'd expect. Not as intuitive on back end as other CRM's I've used to make Queries, etc. Run into password issues quite often. Have password log on issues from time to time, even though correct password is used.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure your data is clean, will not be able to use full features without it being correct on back end.

Helping me stay organized continuously and on the road. I used to bring notes from the field back to office for entry, now I can put them in while they are fresh in my mind and clean up later for grammatical and dictation errors.

User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"ClearView is a definite upgrade, but still has a ways to go."

What do you like best?

Every time I've interacted with customer service, it has been a positive experience. The interface is very user friendly.

What do you dislike?

It crashes frequently, can take a while to load reports. We often find canned reports that simply don't work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to have someone on staff who will know how to create their own reports - the canned reports are useful to some extent, but often don't work and aren't exactly what we need. Our main staff member who creates reports is invaluable to our team.

The simpler format allows more of our team to pull their own reports, which is a huge benefit with a small staff.

ClearView CRM review by Administrator in Religious Institutions
Administrator in Religious Institutions

"On the right track, but...."

What do you like best?

It'sit easy to navigate around the donor records and throughout the system. It has a nice interface that is visually pleasing. The ability to easily customize a lot of the screens is great. They've also built several different ways to interact with a donor record (Eg more than one way to create a contact record) which allows users to find a way that makes sense to them and use it.

What do you dislike?

They haven't built out all of the features in ClearView that my organization needs. They are going so slowly that I'm afraid by the time they finish they will be so far behind the curve that they will never catch up compared to things that other CRMs already do . In addition, the training resources and documentation is incredibly lacking. I frequently have to contact customer support to get answers to questions which usually takes a few days. Last, the ad hoc reporting tool is confusing and not powerful enough to allow users to answer basic data questions. It leaves an organization having to rely solely on users who know SQL and can use the more powerful Jasper reporting tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider the size of your organization. I think ClearView is probably great for a mid-size or small organization. I'm not sure it's powerful enough for a large organization (100K+ donors ).

ClearView is good enough that we've finally got our major gift officers off of using Excel spreadsheets and on to using the actual CRM to manage their relationships.

ClearView CRM review by Jessica R.
Jessica R.

"Review of ClearVIew CRM"

What do you like best?

The dashboards are very helpful in tracking how we have done.

What do you dislike?

The relationship management is not very good. I can not tell how many people work at a company very easily or their role in the organization.

Monitoring Major Gift donors and their potential. Some of the reporting has been beneficial, however the follow up feature is not the greatest.

Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Overall, satisfied with Clearview CRM."

What do you like best?

It's pretty intuitive and the customer service is excellent.

What do you dislike?

Still having some difficulty with reports. There are what I would consider pretty standard/basic reports that an organization would want -- retention year over year, LYBUNT, SYBUNT that I think could be modified and essentially be canned reports. There is progress, but would like to see those as part of their standard library.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a pretty intuitive system, it's library of reports is pretty good, and the customer service we receive is excellent.

I think we're doing a better job of using the system to improve our prospect research, donor stewardship, sharing of information with colleagues across the country. By utilizing the system, we are being more efficient and ultimately effective with our donors.

ClearView CRM review by Christina A.
Christina A.

"Development"

What do you like best?

The inputting of donations. I think the batching seems to be fairly easy compared to what we are using now.

What do you dislike?

The ability to do my own thank you letters and not have to pull everyones at the same time.

We have not yet starting using it but it is for our database so I am not really sure what the benefits are we have only used it in the test environment.

ClearView CRM review by User in Health, Wellness and Fitness
User in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"my review"

What do you like best?

I can't think of anything really that I like best.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how much I have to go back and forth from the mouse to the keyboard, and how much scrolling is necessary in the batching process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ask the people doing the data entry what they think of it!

I wasn't here long enough prior to the implementation of Clearview to know of what benefits have been realized.

ClearView CRM review by Peter M.
Peter M.

"tsegny"

What do you like best?

I have found it fairly easy to move around the database. I use it every day.

What do you dislike?

I cannot always find certain functions on the database and I don't like the fact that I have to keep signing in and out of the system when I'm using the internet.

I find the query function easier then the system I was using before this.

ClearView CRM review by Administrator in Fund-Raising
Administrator in Fund-Raising

"Good software"

What do you like best?

I like the clean interface, the ability to search for a name in any field, and the data is displayed in simple charts and forms.

What do you dislike?

limited options for the financial side. Batch was released some time ago, but is not optimized for our business rules. Hopefully soon... Also, the lag between posting new data or updating existing financial data and that data displaying on individual accounts

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for fundraising. Financial tools are good but need improvement.

It's great to be able to access the database from multiple locations and devices. Our fundraising staff loves having the ability to look up donor information on the go.

"Clearview CRM review"

What do you like best?

I like the following about using Clearview CRM: Clean looking, user-friendly, lead share component, and ability to customize opportunity types

What do you dislike?

Too many ways to do the same thing (i.e. creating an opportunity) and enter in information. Also, the reporting power is not there yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Develop a standard S.O.P. for data entry.

Lead Share, and managing/tracking leads.

ClearView CRM review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Great Committee Management "

What do you like best?

Easy to add tags, notes, and a great platform for keeping track of our pertinent donor information

What do you dislike?

It would be great if there could be a way to upload and excel file of a committee and be able to tag them all at once rather than going into each prospect and tagging them individually.

We are able to keep an accurate record of committees as the years go by and can see how long someone has been involved and when they began, etc.

Benefits include real time management.

ClearView CRM review by Administrator in Fund-Raising
Administrator in Fund-Raising

"We've been using ClearView for over 4 years and are pleased with its performance."

What do you like best?

CV is very user friendly and easy to train staff. Front line fund raisers like the app. Recording actions and using as a moves management tool is intuitive and works well. New list management feature is terrific. have not used interactively with finance yet.

What do you dislike?

Some activities still need to be done in the old PMOL legacy system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compare ease of use and intuitive features with BB products.

Tracking donor communications and notifications has become much easier.

ClearView CRM review by User in Fund-Raising
User in Fund-Raising

"ClearView is very user friendly and works like a charm."

What do you like best?

I like that the site is very easy to understand and works efficiently. The Recently Viewed and Search tabs are my favorites.

What do you dislike?

I cannot think of anything that I do not like.

Although I've been working with ClearView for a short amount of time, I can see its benefits for my organization. I think it is a great tool as it helps with keeping track of a high volume of data and retrieving information quickly.

ClearView CRM review by Administrator in Research
Administrator in Research

"Very Easy to Use!"

What do you like best?

ClearView is VERY user-friendly & easy to navigate through.

What do you dislike?

I'm not sure I have found anything that I dislike, as yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is easy to use & nice to look at.

Looking up past gifts.

ClearView CRM review by Consultant

"Good product, failing support"

What do you like best?

Suite of products covers most business needs and can accommodate customizations to fit organization's processes.

What do you dislike?

A little slow on innovating product and keeping up with end user technology preferences. Interface and graphics are a little elementary. Lacking proper internal support team to keep up with customer requests.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know your organization's business rules before designing the system.

Serves as a system of record for organization's donor information. Provides transparency across departments and supports better data management policy.

ClearView CRM review by User

"Cumbersome for data entry "

What do you like best?

There are lots of options within Clearview to link to Constant Contact etc.

What do you dislike?

Some data entry pages are cumbersome and are not intuitive. Also need to add multiple contacts for org's and this can't be done

Recommendations to others considering the product

take time to listen or watch online tutorials or podcasts

Not sure - in theory a good way to manage prospects, for example, but tough to enter all the info we need

ClearView CRM review by Administrator

"Clearview CRM"

What do you like best?

The close connection with the support team and account managers.

What do you dislike?

Occasional slowdown when needing access to information quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is easier to start from scratch with the Clearview program.

Report building is easy and user friendly.

ClearView CRM review by Administrator in Religious Institutions
Administrator in Religious Institutions

"Clearview Review"

What do you like best?

I love the constant updates, the variety of tools, the flexibility users have to manage dashboards and reports.

What do you dislike?

Not intuitive and can be a bit stubborn/unwieldy at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Clearview is a fantastic database tool as long as you take the time to learn it. This system produces what you put in, so be sure to set some time aside to learn it.

Clearview highlights donor trends and has valuable tools for growing prospects.

User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Executive Administrative Receptionist/Data Entry"

What do you like best?

I haven't viewed it yet but I hear there are many reports that can be generated using the Pledgemaker joined with ClearView.... I love the on line training sessions for ClearView.

What do you dislike?

I dislike having to continue some of the aspects of my job while trying to absorb the contents of your session.(Interruptions throughout sessions.)

We can pull all kinds of variable reports for business strategy.

ClearView CRM review by User in Religious Institutions
User in Religious Institutions

"Clearview worked well for our purposes."

What do you like best?

Clearview allowed us to view our entire donor database at once while giving us reporting tools to help us isolate different sections of givers.

What do you dislike?

The custom report builder feature was not as intuitive as I would have liked it to be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It was a good, basic tool for donor management.

Again, Clearview gives us a view of our donor database and allows us to report on giving tendencies.

ClearView CRM review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"ClearViewCRM works pretty well"

What do you like best?

The app makes it very convenient to enter information on the go.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the desktop version feels like it requires extra steps to complete an entry. Easy to forget the completed by box for actions. How about a pop up box?

We are using it for our donor database and fundraising mailings.

"Development Associate "

What do you like best?

The Reporting abilities in Clearview are advanced. We are able to use the data to better serve our Donors and make informed decisions about campaings and fundraising.

What do you dislike?

Entering new donations is very detailed and time consuming.

We have more accurate and thorough information on our donors, giving history, campaign success/failures.

ClearView CRM review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"ClearView Review"

What do you like best?

The modules on the dashboard make it easy to navigate and find different information or input data into it as an admin.

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike anything about Clearview.

I am solving on how to create auto uploads into Clear View. I have realized it is a great software to ease inputs.

"Development tasks"

What do you like best?

The fact that the data can be filtered and manipulated in various manners. Charts are great!

What do you dislike?

We haven't gotten up and running yet so I have not had any face time on a daily basis to accurately assess any dislikes.

None as yet

ClearView CRM review by User in Fund-Raising
User in Fund-Raising

"Opportunity Management is Helpful"

What do you like best?

Opportunity management is valuable and helps with donor segmentation.

What do you dislike?

Loading reports is slow, it should not take so long to load a simple report.

Easier prospect tracking.

Learning about ClearView CRM?

* We monitor all ClearView CRM reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.