I think Clickfunnels has done an amazing job building a relatively simple platform that strips the complexity out of building an online business and forces you to focus on what really matters. In a single platform I have built my main website / landing page, built multiple opt-in pages to collect leads and deliver free reports / videos, a shopping cart to collect payment and offer true one-click upsells, and then a membership site to deliver the product or bonus digital pieces.
Beyond generating leads and making sales, Clickfunnels also does webinars, marketing email (both broadcast and automation), Facebook messenger bots, SMS messages, etc.
It also connects with most 3rd party services so it becomes a great hub for all of our marketing activity.
All of that aside, I think the marketing education that the CEO Russell Brunson provides is by far the best value. He is a marketing leader and provides many, many opportunities to level up that go far beyond the software itself.
Other random notes:
- I love the UI - I find the page builder extremely easy and fun to use
- Easily connects with ActiveCampaign, MailChimp, Go2Webinar, etc. for a seamless system across tech
- Great in-funnel reporting
Some limitations of the software:
- Actionetics email builder needs an upgrade to be able to better style nicer visual emails... perhaps an HTML element would add more customization. Better mobile responsive design would help as well.
- There is no shipping or tax options built in for physical products.
- Shopping cart is meant for selling single products - not like a traditional shopping cart where you can add multiple products or multiple of the same product. (though there are simple customizations to achieve this!)
- Can be difficult to make small design tweaks across an entire funnel because each page is separate... need to tweak each page individually
- Can be relatively expensive for beginners
If you need to generate either leads or sales for your business, Clickfunnels is the best software (and training) to do so. Whether you need Actionetics is based on whether you want to keep your entire email follow-up sequence within a single software but Clickfunnels even the basic Clickfunnels package is a powerhouse!