ClickHelp

ClickHelp - Web-Based Online Documentation Tool. Create user manuals, software documentation, guides in a web browser. Publish content online in a few clicks!

Work for ClickHelp?

Learning about ClickHelp?

ClickHelp Reviews

Ask ClickHelp a Question
Showing 12 ClickHelp reviews
ClickHelp review by <span>Tony C.</span>
Tony C.

"Online collaboration environment for technical writers"

What do you like best?

I am currently working for a company that uses ClickHelp for all their documentation for several software products. I am still a contractor, and I work with three other technical writers from the company. So, we are four people working on six documentation projects and we need to collaborate a lot inside each project. I really like the topic statuses I can assign to see what's done, the e-mail notifications I get when someone assigns a topic to myself (for review, or for contribution), we use the Topic Comments a lot to capture tasks and feedback. It is also good to have the advanced filtering in the Table of Contents - I can see only the topics assigned to me, so I can focus on those and understand how many are yet to be done.

Oh, and one more thing - ClickHelp Devs really do a good job at listening to our feedback, and adding new features to the product. I have a very positive experience with them so far!

What do you dislike?

I am working to get my HTML and CSS knowledge improved - there is so much you can do better/nicer in online docs when you know those technologies! ClickHelp is good at supporting modern CSS and HTML5, but I feel I don't use the full power of those technologies and this is what I'd like to improve. In my daily work, I don't need much CSS since all the styling is already configured for the projects, I just assign ready classes to text chunks. But if ClickHelp Team could make some styling more visual, this would be a plus.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to work online together in a distributed documentation team, ClickHelp solves that problem nicely!

I am working remotely pretty often, being a contractor. With ClickHelp, it's still easy to collaborate on the documentation with other technical writers. Also, I can see how easy the company solved the documentation publishing and update process with ClickHelp - my Documentation Manager does not need any help from IT or developers to update the docs, she just does that in our ClickHelp portal when everything is ready. I think we save time and money with this approach.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about ClickHelp
ClickHelp review by <span>Bryan W.</span>
Bryan W.

"Full control over Online Help with Restricted Access"

What do you like best?

I can use ClickHelp everywhere, just need a browser and Internet connection.

The Restricted Access functionality is very nice, I give my clients access to the documentation for their review. They review online, and tell me what needs to be tweaked.

I can export to a number of output formats, depending on what output every client needs.

Their tech support is very helpful, and can always assist me with any question even during weekend!

What do you dislike?

Can't even imagine right now - great product, very responsive tech support, I love it! Would probably like additional ready documentation templates to use - they offer 6 right now, and would be nice to have a larger library. Anyway, I have built my own templates already, so not a big deal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great choice for those who need a cloud solution with online editing and single souring features.

First of all I save time, and this is a huge benefit on its own! I create the docs online, from any computer, even during business trips. I give my clients a password-protected online version to check, and then I can quickly make edits based on the client feedback. Also, I save budget, since I can use one tool to create a number of outputs - CHM, Web Help, PDF, MS Word. I don't use the ePub output yet, but I am sure the time will come!

What Help Authoring Tool (HAT) solution do you use?

ClickHelp review by <span>Eugene Z.</span>
Eugene Z.

"The exact service I was looking for"

What do you like best?

The cloud nature of this product allows working from literally anywhere. At the same time, the set of features make it hard to believe that you are working with an online product. Before, I got the same functionality only in expensive desktop help authoring tools.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes UI is not very clear. I have to do a couple of custom tricks with own CSS/JavaScript, though other tools does not provide even this possibility.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They have a free trial and great support - just try and ask!

I am creating documentation for my clients. I need to create both online and printed versions of the docs and can do this easily with ClickHelp. The greatest benefit is the possibility to work from any PC or Mac due to the cloud nature of the product.

ClickHelp review by <span>Joe S.</span>
Joe S.

"Fantastic product that solved all our documentation issues."

What do you like best?

Our main issue was being able to keep all product documentation components in one place, be able to generate multiple manuals from that documentation set, and to be able to version the documentation for new product releases. ClickHelp does all of that easily, and more. We were able to import our existing content and within a few hours were publishing multiple completed docs. The ability to generate different output formats, particularly one that can be embedded in our product, allows us to have a single pane of glass for documentation that solves every one of our consumable requirements.

What do you dislike?

The fact that so much time and effort was wasted using other systems to try and manage our documentation. ClickHelp would have saved us so much time and effort.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ClickHelp has a very short learning curve. The sales/support staff is incredibly responsive. I got responses to my emails in well under the promised timeframe, typically within an hour or so.

Being able to deliver accurate documentation in the formats required by our product and our customers is critical not just to existing customers but is a key part of the sales process. Consistently formatted documentation in readily consumable forms conveys maturity and completeness.

ClickHelp review by <span>Анастасия .</span>
Анастасия .

"A great tool for freelance technical writers"

What do you like best?

I'm currently working as a freelance technical writer. And it's been 3 months that I use ClickHelp's personal monthly plan for my working needs. What I like the most about the product is its functionality and work of the support team.

Before I made up my mind about using ClickHelp, I took a 30-days trial to try out the product. During the first days of the trial period I was playing with the text editor and exploring the content migration opportunities. I had some questions during the task, so I contacted the support team several times and every time I got a fast and informative response. I enjoyed the potential of the product and my experience with the support team made me feel confident about ClickHelp.

What do you dislike?

While I was getting to know the product during the trial period, I got confused several times with its UI. But I got used to it pretty quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A great tool for freelance technical writers. ClickHelp offers a 30-days trial, so you can try it out for free and find out whether it's your cup of tea.

I use ClickHelp to create different types of technical documentation in both online and printed versions. One of its biggest benefits is that ClickHelp provides opportunity to save documentation in different formats: Word, PDF, CHM and HTML5 Web Help.

ClickHelp review by User

"Powerful tool, awesome customer support!"

What do you like best?

Both sales and customer support are friendly and responsive - I got all answers quickly, with a lot of details and additional information links. And the tool has all the features I need, and even some that I plan to use in the future as the documentation grows!

What do you dislike?

I'm happy with ClickHelp so far! Would be nice to have a mobile app for authors probably and maybe some JIRA integration so I can track my doc tasks as JIRA issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't be confused about other tools looking the same feature-wise, as I was in the beginning - ClickHelp is both a tool to author your content, and a place to *host the result*! You just don't have to upload files to your server or anything like that. Your portal is THE place to host the content and give your users a link to it.

I currently work for a software company, creating user manuals and FAQs based on the support cases we get. Thanks to ClickHelp, I created and published the first version of my user manual within a couple of weeks - just basic information, but anyway very useful to our clients and prospects. A huge benefit for the documentation process is that I create, publish and update the docs on my own in my ClickHelp portal when I need this. I don't have to ask my web guy to upload any files. This saves me hours of work!

Learning about ClickHelp?

* We monitor all ClickHelp reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.