Clicktale

Revolutionary Customer Experience Analytics - watch playback videos of your customers’ actual browsing sessions as well as heatmaps and other behavioral reports.

Work for Clicktale?

Learning about Clicktale?

Clicktale Reviews

Ask Clicktale a Question
Showing 11 Clicktale reviews
Clicktale review by <span>Brittany H.</span>
Brittany H.
Validated Review

Used best for visualizing changes

Validated Review
What do you like best?

You can get random samples or set up "triggered" recorded sessions in combination with heat maps. Neither of these functionalities are unique to Clicktale, but if it's in your budget, this is the way to go.

What do you dislike?

It's really pretty. Sounds like a positive right? Well, you have to be careful with reports that look to pretty. Stakeholders can take it as an absolute truth about how all users interact with your website. I recommend not sharing video recordings, and only sharing heatmaps/clickmaps (some stakeholders don't understand the term heatmaps as easily as clickmaps) to reveal how interaction with your website may or may not have been affected by a recent change to your website. Again, don't rely on clicktale to define problems, especially because you don't see exactly what users see in recordings. Use it to support your own expertise.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I always recommend finding demos or how to's on YouTube before purchasing any software or online service. Get a glimpse at the user interface and see the types of tasks people are actually trying to accomplish with the service.

Showing clickmaps

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Clicktale
Clicktale review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

Clicktale review

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I really like its integration with other web analytics tools, such as Adobe (Test &) Target. It means I can play back sessions of users who see the control and variants, which is super useful.

What do you dislike?

We actually had issues integrating Clicktale with Omniture, although we eventually resolved it. We experienced a clash of cookies between the two tools, which meant the sessions in Clicktale weren't showing the right test experience (i.e. people who were allegedly shown the variant were appearing in the control bucket).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd take a look at a few others. We also use FullStory, which doesn't have as big a feature set, but it's cheaper and covers the basics well.

It helps add 'why' to the 'what', which adds a qualitative layer to our work. Analytics doesn't always give you a conclusive answer, so to be able to show actual humans doing stuff to prove our point in a real boon.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Heat Maps solution do you use?

Clicktale review by <span>Steve B.</span>
Steve B.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

The ability to track actual real user visits and replay them alongside a perspective on real world conversion funnels was excellent and complemented the google analytics software. Found that the product was very cost effective and informative and in particular the analysis of enquiry forms and the field number and types was particularly advantageous. The heat map was an excellent feature which we previously were using other software to address but clicktale offered more in its delivery of heat map analysis. Really liked the reach functionality as well this in conjunction with the heat map and user journey recording in fact we had 100% user journey recording was absolutely crucial in maximising our landing page effectiveness.

What do you dislike?

I found that in its initial versions it was quite hard to build the conversion funnel analytics however this was resolved on the later revisions of the software. The costing model could have been more effective in relation to balancing our needs for review of multiple domains at a low cost/least cost style. The commercials could have been a little more flexible to address our requirements which changed as our usage of the product continued.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely one to have in your toolset in particular when creating or reworking websites and in particular when doing multivariate testing.

Conversion efficiency and in particular realisation that minimising the amount of data collected on enquiry forms was extremely beneficial and I can see the increase in conversion after a rework of the enquiry forms. We now utilise a very simple 4 field enquiry form and our conversion rates have jumped impressively.

Clicktale review by <span>Graeme R.</span>
Graeme R.

Experience of using Clicktale

Updated On
What do you like best?

We hacve found Clicktale to provide invaluable information to work alongside our analytics when looking at improving the conversion on our websites or for finding areas of forms that users are struggling to complete or understand. For example you can watch recordings of users filling in their details and hovering over questions they don't understand or looking for calls to action that aren't clearly positioned or labelled.

By analyzing these recordings we have been able to make several quick wins to our quote and buy forms and as a result increased our conversion and profitablilty.

What do you dislike?

It can sometimes take a while to tag up the whole site and when in the tool it's not always intuitive to find back the part of the site you are looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Depending on your business and what other tools you use, it's certainly worth having a look at.

Performance of our our online products. We will have improved our conversion by 1/2 %.

Clicktale review by Agency in Internet
Agency in Internet

Excellent solution for enterprises

Validated Review
What do you like best?

What I found most helpful is the ability to see exactly how every individual customer filled their cart and their complete journey to purchase. I like that I could choose to record triggered events and thus focus on certain aspects of the customer journey and find its pitfalls.

What do you dislike?

Clicktale’s suite is highly sophisticated and at least in initial stages, their in-house analysts and CX experts provide valuable help in “reading” the data correctly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend the product mainly to large organizations and enterprises (it’s a high end product and a large operation would be able to gain the max from all its features)

Clicktale helped us identify issues with form filling and form abandonment, both due to CX reasons and technical glitches.

Clicktale review by User in Internet

Review of Clicktale Suite

What do you like best?

The UI of Clicktale’s system is clean and user-friendly. It is easy to find the data I am looking for and I get a complete view of our conversion funnel

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if I could connect it to our stores on social media. I consider them a part of the conversion funnel, so that is something I feel is lacking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Any business that wants a complete view of their conversion funnel (so they can optimize and increase ROI) should take a look at Clicktale.

The problem was that I didn’t have a way of understanding where users were dropping out from the conversion funnel - where the holes were. Clicktale helped me identify these problematic points, fix them and improve my conversion rates.

Learning about Clicktale?

* We monitor all Clicktale reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.