4.4 out of 5
Do you work for ClickTime?

ClickTime Reviews

1-50 of 108 total ClickTime reviews

ClickTime Reviews

1-50 of 108 total ClickTime reviews
ClickTime review by Burroughs M.
Executive Director

"Works Well for Nonprofits"

What do you like best?

We have been a ClickTime customer for over ten years. Extremely easy to use and very easy for new employees to get up and running. Produces all the reports we need to track staff time to invoice our government grants and to understand exactly where we are spending our time. We also use the supervisory approval and time off accrual features which save us considerable time.

What do you dislike?

Can't say there is anything I dislike. We had some initial reluctance to pay for something that we could essentially do for free, but the efficiency we gained in streamlining the process was worth it. Especially the time we used to spend tracking down and getting employees to submit their timesheets.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend.

As a nonprofit, more accurate reporting to funders. Less time spent manually compiling timesheets, figuring and tracking time off. Better data with which to understand operations.

ClickTime review by Melissa B.

"Excellent Tool for Company and Personal Management"

What do you like best?

What I like best about ClickTime is that it is user friendly, can generate various types of reports, can be used remotely, and the customer service is excellent. After the initial use, the dashboards auto-fill with your previous days clients and allow you to set billing goals for individuals within the company. CllickTime allows you to generate various reports that allow you to monitor your Company's billable hours and generate back-ups for client invoices. ClickTime can be used at your desktop and remotely via the phone application, which allows ease with entering daily tasks and submitting your time card. Lastly, the customer service has been excellent with quick responses to my questions and inquiries regarding ClickTime. I would highly recommend this product to others.

What do you dislike?

There really was not much the Company did not like, however it would be helpful to have more capability around marking what has been billed and paid by clients and integrate with the larger contract and budget tracking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommend, easy to use and implement.

Increased billing utilization and identification of understaffed opportunities for growth.

ClickTime review by Administrator

"Keeping track of time easily and effectively"

What do you like best?

Our team likes how simple clicktime is to pick up and understand, we have a lot of older users who previously time tracked on their own using pen and paper and the transition was relatively painless. I also like the vacation tracking aspect, how users must submit for approval to supervisors and cannot cancel their own time off requests.

What do you dislike?

Employees should be allowed to be under multiple divisions.

One thing that I wish the company would build is a visual report (like a table or graph) of task hour information, I've put together the tables myself using the quick reports and excel, but would love to have something like that available.

Allows us to view where are time is being spent, what employees should receive more/less files depending on their work. It also allows us to view when hours that should be billed to a client are marked as non-billable, leading us to rectify and maintain profits.

ClickTime review by Lisa R.
Operations Manager
Hospitality

"A User-friendly, Intuitive Platform with Fantastic Customer Service. "

What do you like best?

Our organization uses ClickTime because we have a college internship program and ClickTime allows for the interns to log their time using the app on their smartphone. We have been using it for a couple of years now and there have been no issues. Our employees find it easy to use as does our HR team. It is user-friendly and intuitive, which is so important for saving time. In addition, it is also reasonably priced and thusly cost effective. What I find most impressive is their Customer Service. On the rare occasion that I do have a question, the customer service tel number is readily available and someone actually picks right up! Their customer service is quick, effective and informative (and is not outsourced to another country...not that there's anything wrong with that). You don't find that kind of customer service with most companies so it is worth mentioning.

What do you dislike?

It has a very clean appearance but I wouldn't mind if it was a bit more colorful (there is a lot of grey).

We wanted people to able to use their smartphone to log hours (versus having to have access to a computer) so ClickTime was perfect. Benefits: saves money and time.

ClickTime review by Amy H.
Sr Vice President

"Transitioning Away from ClickTime"

What do you like best?

ClickTime was easy to implement and easy for employees to use. Having the paid time off tracking module was a big help as well. We used this system for several years and had no complaints.

What do you dislike?

There are times we would have liked a little more flexibility, but overall we were able to make the system do most everything we needed.

At the time, we needed an easily accessible system for all employees to use, including those who work off-site. This worked perfectly for us. However, with our most recent ERP upgrade, time and expense reporting modules were included in the package and it does not make sense for us to continue using ClickTime.

ClickTime review by Brenda B.
CEO - Certified ProAdvisor
Accounting

"Real time reports at your fingertips"

What do you like best?

My favorite features relate to the billable % numbers. With ClickTime you have flexibility on setting up what triggers billable %. For my firm we had specific billing codes that were billable and others that were for overhead. After the initial setup, billable % was calculated automatically and in real time. Having the ability to see billable % at any given moment helped me to manage my team's tasks and motivate them to improve our numbers. In addition the integration with QB Desktop was seamless and controlled eliminating the chance of corrupted data being imported. One of my favorite software systems we have ever used.

What do you dislike?

There really wasn't much we didn't like. The only limitation was that we used "classes" in QB Desktop and those did not import so we had to manually add classes after the import. (I did not contact support so it's possible they could have addressed this but we eliminated the need so I don't know if this was resolved another way.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend it. The price may be a little higher but I was able to improve my numbers immediately using Click Time and the dashboard reports.

Report dashboards

ClickTime review by Taylor M.
Sports Marketing
Higher Education
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Easy interface for what I need to do"

What do you like best?

Able to easily run reports on time that employees are working and for what specific client. They also have many different templates to use for reporting which make it so that whatever you need to know, there is a report for it.

What do you dislike?

For what I need it to do, I have no complaints or suggestions on ways for them to improve their platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great way of tracking time for employees who are doing professional services for clients.

We are able to run reports that show all professional services that are completed in the month on one report. Before we had people reporting to one person to put in an excel file - one excel file for each customer. Now it is all on one report.

ClickTime review by Erika R.
Office Manager/Admin Assistant
Public Relations and Communications

"FINALLY - Help for our Billable Hours/TimeTracking/Resource Planning!"

What do you like best?

What I love about ClickTime is that, once you "get over the hump" of the initial input of data, clients, etc, that it's ALL there at your fingertips! ClickTime is easy to use - has tons of reports. I'm able to basically let the President of my company see any resources spent or time allocated by employees at the push of a button. We can now track how our employees are spending their time - for what clients - and where we are overserving. It's helped us to get our head around the "intangibles" that sometimes we just forget to measure: time, effort, money - but they're all the MOST important parts of our day!

I also love that we have the mobile app that is super easy to use on our phones so it makes it more of a chance that our employees will be able to keep track easily - AND with their expense sheets - uploading with the receipts...too cool!

What do you dislike?

I don't like that if you fall behind (and this is TOTALLY on us) that it does take a bit to catch up because the reports and time-sheets are so in-depth (but THAT part is a good thing!) that it can get a little overwhelming. Really, I shouldn't be allowing our employees to fall behind! BECAUSE IT'S SO EASY TO USE!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend ClickTime to anyone who would like to get their billables, hours, expenses and time tracking under control.

Our biggest problem we are solving is to ensure that we don't over and under-serve clients. It's really helping us track allocation. We've realized where we need to cut back AND what clients we need to go back to and show that we are working our TAILS off and "DESERVE A RAISE" - as an agency!

ClickTime review by Nick M.
Deputy Director
Non-Profit Organization Management

"THE Go-To time/ expense software for small non-profits"

What do you like best?

Finally, a complete system that has allowed us to EASILY track where our time is going. We're primarily a remote office and this web-based software really shines in making it easy for all of our employees to use and even easier for admins to get the data they need. Exceeds our needs and expectations and a great value.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I wish there were less options, but in some of those cases, like reporting, I can customize what I need so it's ultra-fast.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can't recommend ClickTime highly enough to other non-profits. It is a really great solution and staff buy-in has been excellent- a true key to implementation.

better aligning work plans and strategic plans with programmatic time spent. Tracking billable time is greatly simplified. Unification of expense tracking and reporting has never been faster or easier.

ClickTime review by Administrator

"Clicktime Review"

What do you like best?

Clicktime is simple to use and has been adding extra functions that make managing time and billing a breeze. This year we are going to implement the time off request function and hopefully that will reduce the number of people who take too much time off and go over their balance.

What do you dislike?

The Clicktime App is not as good as the web version. We have many employees who work out in the field and only use a tablet for logging in, therefore they use the app for logging time and updating expenses. We find that they run into quite a few problems with not being able to find the correct job code or find their accurate balance of vacation time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ClickTime is simple to use and understand. As an admin I have access to all of the different reports that show me reporting, billing, vacation use and you can add different categories for whatever your company may offer in terms of time off. There are a few glitches in the system or a few places where it is confusing but I have noticed that Clicktime is continuously adding new functions and it is always improving. Another aspect that needs to be improved is the web app. While I have zero problems using Clicktime on the web, a lot of our field employees struggle to use the app successfully. They have to remember to restart their tablet or update the app so that new project codes appear. We usually have to manually edit their timesheets so the needed project code will appear for them. However, the app is easier to use when submitting timesheets as you can simply take pictures from the device to upload receipts- much easier than scanning everything in and uploading to the web. All in all Clicktime is a great program and one that we will continue to use in the future.

Clicktime allows us to track hours on our construction projects which we use for billing. We have many different departments and divisions here and Clicktime serves our needs for all employees.

ClickTime review by Cyvia S.
Business Operations Analyst
Pharmaceuticals

"Excellent Tool for Management and Great Staff"

What do you like best?

Ability to customize fields on user level but also on admin and report levels. This keeps the user experience simple but allows and adminsto create groupings and formulas for better report outputs. We also really like the ability to integrate Clicktime data with other programs. Working with the development team to integrate Clicktime has been a great experience. They provide really helpful insight as well as work fast and communicate very well.

What do you dislike?

Need ability for PMs to see details of time spent before approval. Also the mobile app does not show any customized fields added. I understand these are bein worked on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great company. Great product.

Clicktime helps us with monitoring our Time and Material contracts, understand our nonbillable time, and gives us data to help us stay efficient and profitable. It also helps the operations team with metrics for evaluating resource needs as well as how well our services are priced based.

ClickTime review by Matt R.
CEO

"Great Time Reporting Solution"

What do you like best?

ClickTime is a great solution for businesses looking to have clients report time. It is a very customizable solution.

What do you dislike?

Our only complaint with ClickTime is that the mobile app is not as feature rich as the desktop version so employees can only enter the amount of time spent on task and not enter their stop and start times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend ClickTime to anyone looking for a time entry and reporting system. It has served us well for years.

We were keeping time sheets on paper for years. It was very cumbersome to report on time each pay period. ClickTime has allowed us to computerize the system and makes it much easier to report on.

ClickTime review by Taylor S.
Sr. IT Business Operations/EPMO Analyst
Retail

"Streamlined our time tracking experience and allowed us to capture $1M+ in CapEx work!"

What do you like best?

I love that this software is so easy to use and that my team readily adopted it from day one. The phone applications definitely enable my team to track their time on the go, so we have accurate data and reporting in a more timely fashion. I also love the automated reminders for timesheet submission. It really cuts down on the manual "chasing" of individuals to complete their timesheets!

What do you dislike?

We've been using the software for over a year, and I honestly haven't found anything that I dislike about it. It's ease of use, ability to utilize standard reports and develop custom reports have been real wins for our team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't hesitate to use this software! My only mistake was not implementing this more quickly!!

We were manually tracking project time in Excel spreadsheets. The results were unreliable, and most of our team didn't complete the time tracking on a daily basis, making the data unsound. The manual analysis of the data was taking hours. Now, with Clicktime, my team members spending <15 minutes tracking time on a weekly basis. The data is more accurate as they are doing the tracking activites daily and project names/cost centers/project numbers are standardized across the board. Prior to using ClickTime, our team was only capturing ~$500K/year in project work. Since we have implemented the solution, we are now capturing $1M+/year! The finance folks love the boost to our bottom line!!

ClickTime review by Ariel V.

"Simple and Powerful"

What do you like best?

It's convenient. The app makes tracking time on the go easy and the web version is quick and simple to use.

What do you dislike?

I wish the app and web version were more fully integrated. I want to be able to start a stopwatch on my computer and stop it on the app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go through the tutorial and have them plug in your information to make it personalized. That way you will really get a feel for how the product works - using your organization.

Project billing tracking, time analysis, project time tracking, time off tracking

ClickTime review by Danielle A.
Project Management Co-op
Non-Profit Organization Management

"Extremely helpful session with the professional services team "

What do you like best?

The customer service ClickTime provides sets them apart from many other software programs I've used. Wait times for assistance are non-existent to minimal and members of the support team are attentive, well-spoken, friendly, and great listeners.

What do you dislike?

I would love more advanced reporting features that allow me to build reports with unique graphics within the system itself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ClickTime is very customizable. We are able to easily change the system to meet our changing needs. We are a relatively new company and we are growing fast. We need to be able to modify the projects we have in ClickTime on a rolling basis, and the system has proven effective for that need. The customer support team has also been an excellent thought partner in listening to our needs and providing possible solutions as to how we can make the system work better for us.

We are completely revamping our internal time tracking. We are moving towards giving our staff more individual ownership of their unique project budgets. We also sought to better align our ClickTime system with our general ledger and chart of accounts. Thus, we embarked on a multi-month project to define the project codes we have in ClickTime. We created a new naming convention and created/merged projects based on our master budget. We just instituted the changes yesterday, and we are confident that these modifications will help us achieve the aforementioned goals while simplifying the system we had and making our time tracking efforts more efficient.

ClickTime review by Jin P.
Director of Business Operations
Defense & Space

"Ideal timesheet platform for our small and rapidly growing technology firm"

What do you like best?

Ease of training new users. System-driven notifications to remind users to submit and/or approve timesheets. Responsive customer support. Customizable reporting.

What do you dislike?

ClickTime's mobile app is not currently available for clients who operate in DCAA compliance mode. Our employees are increasingly traveling domestically and abroad. Having access to ClickTime via the mobile app would take our appreciation of the platform to the next level!

ClickTime has proven to be a user-friendly and cost effective solution for our timesheet needs. Our company rapidly grew from four employees to 25 in a matter of months. We needed to move away from excel spreadsheets for tracking and reporting employees' time in connection with key government contracts. Our ClickTime trial was fairly seamless. Once we subscribed, training users and rolling out the platform across the company was easy. Although we have not had to contact customer support often, when we have, our experience has been timely and positive. Overall, we are spending less time tracking and reporting our time. As an administrator and manager, I have greater real-time transparency on where employees' are allocating their time. The customized reporting feature allows me to generate and analyze our business activity to make more informed business decisions.

ClickTime review by Elisa M.
Member Board Of Directors
Non-Profit Organization Management

"Great tool for national nonprofit to efficiently manage time & expenses"

What do you like best?

We are a national nonprofit organization with staff working in multiple offices. Clicktime has significantly reduced the amount of time the staff spends on managing both their time cards and expenses - all the documentation is in one place, supervisors can easily review and approve, and comment boxes throughout the approval process allow for quick, documented edits. Staff love using the app - they can get their receipts and expenses documented quicker, which means that they get reimbursed faster.

The flexibility to tailor Clicktime to our needs differentiated this system to others we reviewed. As a nonprofit, we have certain categories of expenses that need to be documented for our federal reporting, and Clicktime makes that simple. We've also always found Clicktime's customer support to be quick, responsive and considerate of our larger organizational needs.

As a small team, the approval mechanisms that Clicktime provides is critical to our financial internal control processes - and our auditor remarked that it was a great tool particularly for that purpose.

What do you dislike?

While highly functional, Clicktime is not the prettiest (although I'd take function over aesthetics anytime)

I'm curious how other organizations are setting up their Clicktime categories. While I don't expect Clicktime to have these answers, the degree they can provide some insight or training would be welcome.

Time keeping and expense submission and approvals for remote staff

Ultimately, Clicktime is a time saver for us, which allows us to spend more time focusing on our mission.

ClickTime review by John B.
Fiscal Administrative Officer
Government Administration

"Effective design and clean layout with Clicktime time tracking"

What do you like best?

Clicktime is by far the best time tracking software system I have seen. We explored a half dozen options before trying Clicktime out for only one division of our operation. Now we are a few years in and we have expanded to many more staff using the system than we originally estimated. We have gone through a number of software and tool changes with the staff in the last three years, and even when it looks like we might be forced to use a different system instead, we keep coming back to Clicktime because it is easy to use and maintain. From my view, the two key strengths are that it looks and feels like a regular timecard that most staff are already familiar with. It isn't forcing a model on anyone which would feel out of place. The approval routing is also automated and electronic which makes for very easy submission and approvals. We are NOT routing the data electronically into our finance or payroll systems and I really wish we were. I highly recommend Clicktime to anyone needing to keep detailed time tracking records, and that is from my situation where we are likely not even using the product to the fullest potential.

What do you dislike?

Not really anything to dislike that I can think of. My one request would be perhaps an ability to do batch changes to permission configurations or to create/deactivate accounts in bulk.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Implementation for us really did not take any onsite support from tech staff. The department users and managers were able to setup essentially everything on their own with one person acting as the lead. I may be slightly biased though since I worked in software for just under 10 years before joining the county to work in finance and administration.

We are required to track time perpetually in 15 minute intervals for most of our grants and funding sources at the State and Federal level. Using Clicktime as an electronic time card and time tracking system allows us to keep detailed electronic records which are then available for report generation at any time. We use the work hour reports each quarter to map out how each employee spent their time and then enter journal entries in our financial ledgers to record the appropriate cost for each employee to the programs they work in. As we sit through various yearly audits, the investigators and accountants often comment regarding their appreciation that the data is maintained electronically including records of staff time being approved.

ClickTime review by Jonathan K.
Software Engineer

"Effective and Friendly UI"

What do you like best?

Clicktime excels at providing an easy-to-use, intuitive user interface. The interface works well in all the major desktop and mobile browsers, integrates with several SSO solutions, and pays well with password managers. The SOAP and ReST APIs that Clicktime provides help use

Additionally, Clicktime has been very responsive to input. They respond quickly to bug reports and followup on user requests. Every agent or designer we have worked with has been friendly and open to input.

What do you dislike?

In general these is not much to dislike about Clicktime, with exception to the pending feature requests that we have made. Clicktime could benefit from a more complete ReST API; while the API is well designed, it still seems to lack some endpoints (e.g. retrieving all employees in a company). Additionally, the report builder feels clunky. The reports integrated into the system have great value, but the interface used to generate them could be polished for usability.

The main business problem is of course effectively tracking time and resources. However, this is not a trivial problem when employees complete their own timecards. The ease of use of the Clicktime system vastly increased the accuracy and compliance of our timekeeping systems; the excellent UI and continued improvement eliminates a major barrier faced in managing self-reporting resources.

ClickTime review by User

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

Click Time is easy to manage and very useful for customer work ethics. It was easy to set up, which allowed us to start to use it immediately - and it was customizable in the areas that we needed it to be flexible. I can run just about any report I might need and export them in either PDF or Excel. However, it does not integrate with Quickbooks online. Time is tracked very well. It is easy to maintain. Clicktime has been a valuable tool and has assisted us in understanding the cost of our activities, which has supported our decision making. I recommend this program to anyone needing a time tracking program that is intuitive for users and rich with information for management. It is an easy to use program with powerful reporting, using either the standard reports or individually customized exports. Best part of all is the help and support. Whenever I had a question, they were quick to respond and help me figure things out.

What do you dislike?

The price can sometimes become expensive per employee. The website is a bit outdated and the service is very expensive when compared to other services. It is kind of limited on just tracking time. It is limited to only 500 sites/locations/projects. There is not really any other cons because it is very straight forward to use for the most part. I have been using this software for less than a year.

It helps me make smarter management decisions. It is very accurate in time tracking.

ClickTime review by Corinna H.
Owner / Educator
Professional Training & Coaching

"Stay organized, stay on track with clients"

What do you like best?

I provide consulting and educational services to businesses and this allows me to make sure that I am turning a profit. Before tracking time I was sure that I was spending too much preparation and admin time, and ClickTime actually confirmed that suspicion. I have since adjusted my rates and have used reports to share with clients when they are taking up a lot of time. It's really helped me manage relationships better.

I also LOVE the mobile expense app. I can include my expenses in a super pro-looking invoice. Before ClickTime this was all done in MS Word or via email.

What do you dislike?

I have to track invoice statuses outside of ClickTime but that is fine by me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I was particularly surprised by the expert support.

Client communication, profitability and revenue tracking, service pricing insights.

ClickTime review by User in Hospitality

"EASY TO REVIEW PAY BETTER THAN MOST "

What do you like best?

Simple streamlined approach allows you to clock in and out easy

Also has an advanced platform thats better than Gusto and others trying to pull of the same thing

What do you dislike?

Doesn't have certain advanced data features as Paychex and ADT and Comdata etc

Can be cumbersome at the beginning as every timehseet one is but its not big of a deal as compared to ADT etc

Recommendations to others considering the product

small companies as its better than its competitors because of its streamlined approach

the kinks like every other timesheet is there however this one has excellent back end approach.

Very Salient explanations so a non hr person should not have hard time.

Can minimize operational risk in the long run just need to be able to use quickly

Just make sure you save your material etc

Employee Availability realized especially for smaller companies

Especially great for independent contractors and small niche companies

Great for franchises and companies that deal with complex work flow without breaking the bank with paychex etc over time should get better

ClickTime review by Carlos B.

"Satisfied"

What do you like best?

The overall user experience is a pleasure. Very little training is required for new users.

What do you dislike?

The ClickTime Connector sync interface with QuickBooks works and is easy to set up but the functionality isn't what we need so we enter data manually in QuickBooks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider creating a second database for testing & training purposes, especially if you are integrating with a financial system.

Knowing what our project costs are. Helps us price our work more profitably.

Recording timesheets for hourly employees. Saves time over paper timesheets.

ClickTime review by Ira G.
President, Board of Directors
Education Management

"ClickTime making life easier!"

What do you like best?

We are a boutique investor relations, marketing and communications agency and ClickTime helps us keep our corporate world balanced and organized so we can make great work for our clients!

Super nice people, really enjoy working with them!

What do you dislike?

Startup was difficult. Lots of videos and such, it just takes time. Not a criticism of ClickTime, just a reality that it took longer to get up to speed than I allocated, thus taking longer. But after a few months, very happy that this is the product we chose.

Recommendations to others considering the product

can't beat the price. AWESOME technical support!

The biggest benefit is keeping over service at bay. For me, as the senior executive, I track all of my community volunteer time, different roles on a client campaign, track all of our vendors and keep everything humming along.

ClickTime review by Mindy Y.
Director of Administration
Non-Profit Organization Management

"ClickTime is an easy-to-use system that allows our organization to track much-needed information "

What do you like best?

Ease of use for our employees. The ability to easily track where our staff time is being spent. The ability to drill down into a sub-category is key. ClickTime's support staff is fabulous; they are quick to respond, friendly, and know the product. There is longevity with the team and they've been able to solve every problem I've presented to them.

What do you dislike?

The report builder is a little confusing to me but the support team is always available to help. This is a great tool once you get the hang of it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give them a try! It's unbelievably easy to use and the information you're able to gather will prove invaluable.

We are using ClickTime to accomplish three things right now:

1. Track employee time for payroll purposes, which includes timesheet approval and OT auto calculate

2. Track time spent in programs so true cost can be evaluated

3. Track time for employees whose salaries are partially paid by a grant - a portion of their salary is fundable depending on program areas identified via time entry

ClickTime has allowed us to accomplish all of these things and we're discovering new advantages all of the time.

ClickTime review by olga k.

" Clicktime demonstrates good experience and agility in accommodating our evolving needs. "

What do you like best?

Clicktime team demonstrates good experience and agility in accommodating our evolving needs.

What do you dislike?

Usually when a problem arises, people are in a panic, so a little more pro-activeness on the front end could help, and if not, then squirmed response time on the back-end.

We are fully integrated PR & Marketing agency. Our revenue stream comes from professional billable time (time tracking day to day routine is our secret sauce to be successful). Clicktime is our long term partner who is been with us thought-out major company growth along the way. We track budgets, allocations and provide our client time spent back up using Clicktime software. Additionally Clicktime is being flexible with us in terms of syncing time record with other applications we use internally like Quickbooks, Netsuite.

ClickTime review by Matthew J.
Vice President of Client Services

"Time Tracking for Businesses of Any Size"

What do you like best?

ClickTime allows me to customize project time tracking for clients, monitor productivity of employees, and run any number of reports for verifying our cost/billing ratios.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I've not been able to do that I'd like to is changing cost based on a client rather than a specific task.

Since we bill hourly, ClickTime enables me to monitor client cost daily. For the few things we bill at a flat rate, I can also make sure that our hours don't overwhelm our flat charges.

ClickTime review by Administrator in Public Relations and Communications

"Solid time tracking and resource planning platform"

What do you like best?

Product is always improving and evolving since we started using them. Their support staff are always helpful and available to help with questions, problems, etc. They listen to what you have to say and make changes to improve the system. User interface is pretty easy to use and understand. From an admin point of view, it's pretty simple to manage and run the reports I need. The addition of the resource planning tool a few years back was a major leap forward for us and their product.

What do you dislike?

Often has too many features and options for reports, etc. but doesn't have the exact tool you want or need at times. Even when they've improved the user interface, they have some work to do to make it simpler, more accessible and modern. On the standard user's interface, it can be a bit confusing for staffers to find information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's not for everybody, but it's a solid product made by a solid company who is willing to listen and work with clients.

Time tracking, resource planning, paid time off accrual and recording keeping.

ClickTime review by Executive Sponsor in Research

"Readily adopted by our staff."

What do you like best?

The interface is very easy to use and responsive. The ability to pull raw data out for analysis has been essential. Very flexible.

What do you dislike?

The resource management module, while effective, is not as easy to use. We rely on this heavily.

Staff need to fill out "official" timesheets that are used for payroll and contractual compliance. However, the system we use is difficult and has very little resolution. We needed a solution that would enable us to track what projects staff worked on, management effort, operations, etc...

We adopted ClickTime, but also had to fill out the existing timesheet system as well. We expected that staff would push back on this duplicate entry, but ClickTime was so easy that there were literally no complaints.

ClickTime review by Alec S.
Director
Printing

"Time Recording fit for the 21st century"

What do you like best?

It's simplicity. Click Time couldn't be easier to set up and use. But that simplicity belies an incredibly powerful insight in to where our billable time was slipping through the cracks in the floor.

What do you dislike?

Choosing from the myriad reports available was a bit confusing and in the end I had to open every single one of them to find the ones most useful for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do it. Used properly it'll change your life.

Eve though our two designers were working flat out we were loosing over £3000 pounds of revenue every single month in unbilled time.

The benefits to us were that if we recover all that lost billable time we'll double the profitability of the business over night.

ClickTime review by Rosemary P.
President & CEO

"Great solution"

What do you like best?

Highly flexible, easy to use interface. GREAT reporting capabilities.

What do you dislike?

We've needed to create a workaround for tax and markup calculations, and it's a bummer that it doesn't produce invoices (with expenses) in a client-ready format. We've created a good solution that works with QuickBooks - and of the 9 other platforms we investigated ClickTime is clearly superior.

We now have much greater line of sight into daily productivity and client overservicing, and we're just scratching the surface on the HR capabilities (very little of which was available in our former platform).

ClickTime review by Administrator in Human Resources

"Perfect Time Solution for Consulting Firms or Nonprofits"

What do you like best?

The most valuable aspect of this software is the ability to slice and dice how time is allocated, by project, by department, by grant/donor/funder/budget, etc. You can drill down into the cost of each project, or activity, or even by contributor, matched against their own hourly cost. It's really cool.

What do you dislike?

It "Integrates" with QuickBooks, but it is not really put together as a solution that fully integrates with anything. So the good and the bad is that it is standalone, unless you have somebody on staff to spend significant resources to get it to talk to QB, and knows a lot about webhooks to get get what you need from it elsewise.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are seeking project management, ClickTime is not that. It is an incredibly powerful solution for timekeeping, but not really built for integration.

We used ClickTime to better understand how we were spending money, what projects we excelled at and which were a drain of our limited resources, and also to make project hiring decisions, as the reports were a great resource for understanding which consultants and contractors were performing above expectations.

ClickTime review by Deanna D.
Independant Stylist
Media Production

"A Freelancers Dream! "

What do you like best?

ClickTimes's Expense Sheets! I am a freelance prop stylist and when I do photo shoots for big name magazines I make lots of purchases on props, meals and travel. Using the ClickTime app it is easy to access my expense sheets. I am able to snap a quick shot of my receipts as soon as I get them using my phone, its quicker than posting a photo to Instagram. When the project is complete it makes billing and invoicing a breeze. Whats even better, I have all my expenses documented in one easy to search location for taxes. My CPA said I was her dream client. My fellow freelance stylist envy how organized I am when traveling and purchasing props for photo shoots.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to export the expense sheet as a more attractive document to use with an invoice template.

Recommendations to others considering the product

invoice templates

Organization and time efficiency for billing and invoicing. Tracking my time spent on freelance projects. Making tax write offs easier and clearer for my CPA.

ClickTime review by Cheryl E.
Director, Finance & Admin, Academic Information & Communication Technologies
Higher Education
(10,001+ employees)

"ClickTime has enabled us to better analyze operational and project costs!"

What do you like best?

Clicktime has a very intuitive user interface and it is easy to setup and maintain. It has enabled our IT department to track the level of effort we spend on operational task and project activities. We have a far better understanding of where our employees spend their time and able to make more informed decisions about where to invest our effort. It is also very easy to update and change the activities that are tracked so we have been able to evolve and mature our Clicktime usage over thee last two years.

What do you dislike?

There are only 3 security roles available, even though you can configure access at an individual level it can be somewhat time consuming.

We were faced with budget cuts which required us to make sure we were investing our time on the right activities. Clicktime has been a valuable tool and has assisted us in understanding the cost of our activities, which has supported our decision making.

ClickTime review by David L.
CEO/President

"ClickTime is the best!"

What do you like best?

The best part about ClickTime is its ease of use. Many tech platforms talk about being user-friendly but are anything but. . .ClickTime is the opposite: intuitive, logical-to-use and, because it's in the cloud, accessible from any location. I especially like the insights and different reporting methods that help us determine if we're servicing our clients properly. We used to use TimeSlips and are happy we made the switch several years ago. We give ClickTime our highest recommendation!

What do you dislike?

There's really nothing to dislike - honestly. It's a great platform, they' always advancing the software, the tech support is reliable and helpful and ClickTime gives us what we need to run our business: real time reporting so we can manage our accounts appropriately.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use this product, you won't be sorry!

It really helps the most with time management, which is always one of the biggest challenges for communications agencies like ours. Plus, because ClickTime is cloud-based, it's easy to use and we can get the information we need wherever we're working.

ClickTime review by Administrator in Pharmaceuticals

"Easy, Efficient, Professional Time Management System"

What do you like best?

The ease that staff can track their time is perfect. From a computer or from their phone on the go, everyone can use ClickTime. It is convenient to use and clear to analyse for the Admin team. We get all of the data we need to produce perfect month end reports and analysis.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing we dislike about this product hence us coming back year after year. If I had to pick one thing, I would say it would be nice to be offered a returning discount on your annual subscription. As we pay for a year upfront, even the smallest percentage reduction would make a big difference - a goodwill gesture if you will?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it, you have nothing to lose but everything to gain in using ClickTime. We have not regretted it for one minute. The system is adaptable to your companies needs and can be centred around how you operate.

ClickTime monthly reports have saved us hours of time for month end and billing. We can in the click of a button see all of the data we need to accurately charge clients, companies and close the month accounts.

ClickTime review by Robert B.
Chairman

"Valuable System"

What do you like best?

Clicktime has helped us gain insight into our business that was not possible with other software. From the robust reporting tools to the innovative ERP system, Clicktime has been a valuable product for us. We have relied on their system for over a year now and will continue to for years to come. Also, their customer support team has been top notch and always resolves issues quickly. I know I can always count on them to help with anything within the Clicktime program. I have and will continue to recommend Clicktime to my colleagues within the PR field.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at the moment. I feel they have a robust system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would purchase as soon as possible. It is a fantastic tool.

We are always working to better plan and allocate resources for future months. Clicktime continues to help us create accurate forecasts that we can rely on.

ClickTime review by Julie N.
Senior Manager
Public Relations and Communications

"Clicktime keeps me organized and on budget"

What do you like best?

The resource planning grid provides the best snapshot against client budgets in real time, so that I can best appropriate team resources at all times during the month. The app is great for keeping tabs and submitting my time on the go.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that all clients can't fit within one page in the resources tab. It's a bit cumbersome to switch between pages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ClickTime is easy to use and provides an abundance of accurate information, reports and charts to keep you up to speed on your team's workload.

Using Clicktime helps us stay on track against account budgets, so we can continuously evaluate the ROI for our clients as we work on various activities. It's also a great way to check in with our team members to identify new areas of training and growth. A benefit which we hadn't initially realized we'd get from Clicktime.

ClickTime review by Cassaundra P.
Account Executive

"Clicktime at Social Media Agency"

What do you like best?

The ability to enter specific times into tracking system

What do you dislike?

It's not very user-friendly or appealing to the eye. I would like the option to be able to enter time variables as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

N/A

Tracking time that we delegate to our agency clients each day, week, and month.

ClickTime review by Melissa C.
Managing Partner
Public Relations and Communications

"Keeping our team on track"

What do you like best?

ClickTime provides a way for our team to be accountable for the hours they are billing to each client. We've used other tracking systems in the past but they weren't as easy and the cost was outrageous. The ClickTime training is also minimal and allows everyone to get up to speed quickly.

What do you dislike?

The reporting could be more comprehensive in relation to helping us make even more concrete business decisions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Evaluate 2-3 other vendors to see how easy this is to use for your team.

We're trying to accurately report time as much as possible to determine if employees are under or over utilized or if we're over servicing clients. We have determined which team members are over or under utilized.

ClickTime review by Kevin M.
Director of Operations

"ClickTime....it's great right?!"

What do you like best?

ClickTime is a solid platform for tracking time and allocations. It has proven to be an excellent resource, allowing us to better understand our utilization rates and to keep a close eye on our budgets. Their customer service is speedy and reliable, providing us with knowledgable answers to our inquiries.

What do you dislike?

I think that in time, I'd like to see an updated UI but it seems as though they have been working on this some lately.

As I noted above, ClickTime provides real insight into our allocations and utilizations. This allows our resourcing and recruiting teams to better prepare for the ebbs and flows of staffing at a consultancy. I end up using ClickTime on a daily basis. It's a real go to for me.

ClickTime review by User in Public Relations and Communications

"Easy tool for tracking billable hours"

What do you like best?

ClickTime has additional features to help with tracking time - stop clocks; it carries over activities from week to week. From an admin perspective, it lets me check, in real-time, how we're stacking up against budgets and lifetime value of clients, and how individuals are doing against their allocated time so I can better manage resources and predict over/unders and course-correct.

What do you dislike?

The tool doesn't allow me to save customized report inputs - it allows me to "favorite" certain report types, but not the data/clients that get pulled into it. That would be a huge time-savings.

Recommendations to others considering the product

good, simple tool for time tracking. it could use some more "intelligent" features built in to make time tracking an easier process, but overall serves its purpose.

It allows us to stay on budget and not over- or under-service clients. It also helps me get a better understanding of my team's resources and what they're able to support, or when they're overloaded.

ClickTime review by Martín R.
Operations Manager Healthcare Practice

"One of the most complete timesheet tools in the market "

What do you like best?

Great tool that feet our company needs, Timesheet, expenses, time-off and planning resources in one tool. Perfect for a company that provide Consulting services.

What do you dislike?

Some functionalities in the mobile application and some features like multi-currency are missing but they are in Clicktime's roadmap.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Perfect for Consulting services company d

With Clicktime we maximized the assignment and profitability of our business, identifying where we have to focus when we have a deviation.

ClickTime review by Joe G.
Partner
Architecture & Planning

"Great tool for internal accountability."

What do you like best?

The easy to use interface. We were looking for a simple tool to track time, and have since added the resource planning add-on. It has enhanced our internal accountability, which gives our project managers confidence.

What do you dislike?

The inability to break jobs up into phases. Also, wish resource planning worked at the scale of a week, instead of a month.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for an easy to use system that is full of features at a great cost, then Clicktime is a great product for you.

The allocation feature has been important for us to get a grasp on for accountability and time planning. We are now able to look ahead and address issues before they become problems.