ClickUp

4.7

ClickUp is an online tool for project management and work collaboration.

Work for ClickUp?

Learning about ClickUp?

ClickUp Reviews

Showing 422 ClickUp reviews
ClickUp review by Patryk W.
Patryk W.

"Finally One Space for Every Project!"

What do you like best?

- Great amount of customization

- Available on all platforms

- Constantly updated with new features

- Small company feel, the company cares about the feedback it receives from their users

- Regular update emails of new features being added

- Per user billing unlike other software

- Color customization

- Speedy software

- Clean interface

- Notepad option for mobile devices

What do you dislike?

- Learning curve may be a bit overwhelming for some (hint: start with the features that feel right and add customization as you go)

- Some minor glitches earlier this year, which have all been ironed out

- Graph reporting and gantt charts are to be released, coming next year?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start simple and customize and add as you get to know the software

I love finally having one software for all of my needs. Before I've made the mistake of using Google calendar and OmniFocus which wasn't available on all platforms plus note taking apps. After over 8 months of using the software I'm happy I have been able to customize it to my business and personal projects.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about ClickUp
ClickUp review by Ernesto F.
Ernesto F.

"Best task manager in market"

What do you like best?

It's difficult to me choose one or two features because ClickUp is fulled of unlimited features and posibilities. The most loved feature I must say the views, Caleandar (sync'd with Google), Board (Kanban Style with custom columns OMG I LOVE THIS ONE) and List!....

The way I can create a task using / commands allows me to create a task very very fast without mouse, this is an unique feature.

I have to mention the Mobile App, it's really awesome, another apps lack in features vs their webapp but ClickUp have unlimitless features in the mobile app too.

Lest talk about design, the position of items makes readability much more easier than another apps even with tons of info for every screen of the app.

Finally I have to mention dark theme, love it!

What do you dislike?

This app is really amazing, as a Web Developer I need to mantain every task very well organized. I tried a bunch of another apps before ClickUp and after weeks of testing I fall in love.

But yes, I have to mention 2 things that they could do better, Light Theme es very very light, the app looks very cheap in light theme even with high contrast, I dont like it...

Second thing is the load time, it's pretty slow to me, yes, I know the app have too many things to load and no problem with that but I wish the minimize to tray feature doesn't close the task because if I maximize the app open it again and that takes the same amount of time than open a task not in my tray.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The best part it is not that they have tons of features, is they continue to adding new features every month

Deadlines, Modules development priority and Code audit with the awesome integration with gitlab

What Project Management solution do you use?

ClickUp review by Carolyn G.
Carolyn G.

"ClickUp is a Game Changer"

What do you like best?

I find myself using the recurring task function a lot. Which helps me manage my team with weekly or repetitive tasks quite easily. It is a great communication tool with your staff; you can assign and tag your team almost at any touch point in the tool which is really helpful for me keeping track on small here or there tasks that need to be completed as well.

What do you dislike?

Some of my staff were intimidated by it's multi level look and organization at first. Which led to a transition period of getting some members utilizing the tool. But once you force yourself in it, the functionality starts to become second nature. There are other items I wish the tool had, but Click-Up has a request board where you can vote on other's requests so the company is improving its features each day based on feedback.

Before Click-Up, I was a growing company where all correspondence was through Google Drive, Gmail, and Texting/Phone Call. It was hard to stay focused, and team members would forget the small tasks assigned. I realized that there is a lot of wasted time when working this way and now tasks are completed with efficiency, staff texts me less, and emails have dropped, but communication has increased.

ClickUp review by Katherine L.
Katherine L.

"Click-Up, Upping businesses across the board!"

What do you like best?

Probably the best value for the money. We were in between monday.com and airtable and then this came up in our search along with multiple other businesses. The choice was a clear one, Monday.com did not have the friendly pricing structure for small businesses and airtable did not have robust features as click-up. Very responsive and a very active and kind support and developing team. They actually pay attention to your support requests and then build new features based on the gaps they notice with users. Click Up seems to find that perfect application balance navigating through multiple team members, projects, and taks. The ability to have different overviews of the projects and the users' dashboards definitely contributes to Click up being more than just project management tool, but also standard operations processes at a very high level with a very intuitive layout.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I can think of is that I would like a bit more integration options, but with zapier I am able to do whatever I need.

Project Management, staff management, time-line managment.

ClickUp review by Bill M.
Bill M.

"I've tried them all. This one does it right."

What do you like best?

Granted there are a few key pieces my team needs to fully implement, I envision ClickUp to be our go to, but it's all on their roadmap and they are cranking out updates left and right. ALL based on user feedback. They are very responsive and genuinely listen to their customers. Over many years I've tried them all. Most times I've defaulted to a macro heavy, custom built, ridiculous excel spreadsheet because I could make it do everything that ClickUp is building. Seriously they are in my head! Key differentiators: TEMPLATES!!, hierarchy, multiple view options, commenting capabilities, chrome extensions and integrations, among many others. Also the ability to keep out cluttered options that I don't need for my business.

What do you dislike?

They are still young, but that isn't really a dislike, just a statement. Their are a few key pieces needed. But they are actively building them and listening to users on their boards. GANTT charts, client / read only views, form submission, for example.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Experiment with it! They provide a great demo with pieces already loaded to explain features. Also watch their youtube videos and follow their feature request board and knowledge base. Their live chat is always a great resource, and you know it is a real live, passionate clickUp'r on the other end.

As an in-house marketing / creative services team for a property management company, covering 4 widely different clients: Business Partners, Property support for Affordable Housing and Senior Living, and internal associate communications, keeping transparency and track of the volume and variety of projects and tasks is essential. And being able to slice and dice the views for different roles, disciplines, clients, etc.is huge. ClickUp is/will help us do this. And help our efficiency, provide easy reporting, and make PMing fun!

ClickUp review by Barb S.
Barb S.

"Love ClickUp for Project Management"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to use on desktop AND mobile! I love the notifications it sends when you have a task due. I love how easy it is to track time!

What do you dislike?

I used to have the paid version... but I dropped it back down to the free version. I wanted to add clients to my tasks... I tested this out on my wedding project and added my fiance to help me keep track of everything. I had to pay additionally for my fiance when he was more of a client-type-user instead of an admin. I've discovered I won't be adding my clients from my design business as a user since I'll have to pay additionally for them as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to stay organized, want project reminder due dates, this is THE PM tool to use! But as of now, if you need to add your client to the tasks, look elsewhere.

Organization and time tracking!!!

ClickUp review by Ricardo E.
Ricardo E.

"Incredibly complete solution"

What do you like best?

ClickUp is easy to use. I've seen people saying it's "overwhelming", but I think it's incredibly complete and flexible. New features are being added as we speak and in a pace other apps just can't keep up with. Slack integration is awesome and really useful when dealing with dozens of projects or large teams at the same time. Collaboration is a breeze.

What do you dislike?

The UI isn't as flexible as the platform itself. I also miss some "table" features, such as SUM for the custom fields. I also find the search a bit disappointing, since I can't search bu tag, for example (at least I can't find it).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it. It might look a bit intimidating to some, but it's worth the shot. Really.

I base all my daily activities on it. As a team manager, it's vital for me being able to track my employees in real time, knowing what and how they're doing and keeping trakc of all relevant information. It literally saves me hours of work everyday.

ClickUp review by Dave C.
Dave C.

"Solid project management tool "

What do you like best?

Theres lots to love with Clickup and i'm super impressed with the speed of their development. Here's a few things that really sold me:

- The chrome app is incredible. It provides an icon in your emails (if you use gmail) to quickly create an task with the email (and its contents) in ClickUp.

- The Chrome app also has a slick time tracking tool that connects with your tasks and projects.

- Button to quickly see all the hyperlinks you have in a conversation.

- Extensive reports

- Calendar, Kanban and list view options.

- Lots of integrations

and for Asana users this one is big: If you are a solo freelancer you can upgrade to a pro plan and just buy a single account. No minimum of 5 accounts.

What do you dislike?

I'm currently on paid pro plans for Asana and Clickup. The only thing holding me back from fully switching over to Clickup is the lack of a homepage for the tasks I want to focus on for the day. In Asana this is called the "my tasks" page . I did see that this or something similar is slated for release in Dec on the roadmap. Can't wait to see it! I'm also looking forward to timeline views and resource management - both are due for release soon I believe.

Task management, Time tracking, resource planning

ClickUp review by Noel C.
Noel C.

"Still evaluating"

What do you like best?

Looks to be what I need to keep an eye on a range of projects involving a number of people. At this point, I'm using Clickup as a tool to help me structure and organise what we’re doing, and think more clearly about the way to organise the tasks. My colleagues are all volunteers, so something clear and simple is best. The calendar view will help, and I'm looking forward to the Gantt chart feature. I must say I'm impressed by the videos and the documentation.

What do you dislike?

At first glance it looks overwhelming. There's a lot of functionality here, and a lot of it is not required straightaway, so in my case it's harder to hide all that, but I'm learning. I would also like a more obvious way to do GTD inbox across all project, though again, I might be missing something. Still learning.

I'm not at the stage where I'm using it in anger (still checking out other options), but it is helping me think through what I need to help manage creative projects in publishing and events.

ClickUp review by Jahana U.
Jahana U.

"Amazing value for the money and always improving"

What do you like best?

I was spending $70 on a project management platform that I used myself. I was so attached. I looked for a different solution and found ClickUp for $5 per month that had all the same functionality! I love that features are always being added. Dependent tasks are a huge help, and the board view makes sense in certain situations. I basically like that I can make it whatever I want. I'm so happy I found ClickUp!

What do you dislike?

I track my time spend with clients and I appreciate the built-in time tracking. My only complaint is that I can't stop the time or go directly to the task that I'm tracking from the top menu bar. I have added it to the request list.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are so many options to personalize it and make your own. You don't have to take advantage of all functionality which makes it simple if you want it to be.

I use ClickUp for both business and personal tasks. I work from home, so it's great to have a solution that can do both. I also take notes about certain situations- like doctor recommendations or notes from a phone call about insurance. This means that I have a record of most things that take place in my life and I can reference them when I need to in the future.

ClickUp review by Nick W.
Nick W.

"Slick work and task management app with loads of spec to boot"

What do you like best?

Hard to say. I love the switching between list and board view, the google sync works well and the time view with task scheduling, the gmail extension is super also.

What do you dislike?

At present the permissions and access for guests / clients is lacking but I hear good things are on the way so I can't wait for that to be released. Would love to see more reports like task burn-down rates for spaces and projects. And not that it's any different to other workflow apps out there but no one seems to build a Client module for these task management apps or a client relational table of some sort at least (more related to service firms perhaps). It would be so much more epic as the API would allow for much more cool stuff to happen. I'm sure it's just a matter of time but overall it's a great piece of kit and I use it daily.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Clickup is developing rapidly. Loving the weekly feature requests and product release notes. Clickup communicate really well and very active on their feature request forums. I would highly endorse giving this a trial run (or in parallel with your current system if you need).

Visualising projects and client tasks that need to be completed. Planning due dates to make sure work gets done. Collaborating with clients (guests) on finishing projects. Syncing with other online platforms where possible (slack, zapier, google cal etc). Projects have become better visualised than Asana or Trello which I have used prior and the use of spaces (like slack) lets me work the way I need to in 2018.

ClickUp review by Carissa K.
Carissa K.

"Why use another system?"

What do you like best?

So user friendly! I've used a few types of task management systems and Clickup is the easiest to get into. The layout makes total sense and I'm able to find everything I'm looking for.

What do you dislike?

So far, my only issue is that all tasks do not load in a list view. You have to scroll down the page to get the rest of the tasks to show. I would appreciate a list view that shows all tasks at once or allows you to choose how many to show on a page.

It would also be great if we could sort by tags in the list view as one of the columns or search by tags. if I've tagged an item as "training issue' simply searching that in the search bar doesn't show all tasks with that tag.

We implemented a new finance system globally and had our users email us for help. We were quickly overwhelmed by the number of responses and couldn't organize our team's time for priority tasks. We've been able to categorize tasks in ClickUp and focus on what's most important first. We also save time by tagging our team members in an issue we need help with. You get a link straight to the task so there's never any confusion about what issue we're talking about!

ClickUp review by Jeff P.
Jeff P.

"Tried many, ClickUp met my needs best"

What do you like best?

I tried many project management platforms, including Freedcamp, Trello, Asana, and others. ClickUp had the best, free offering for my needs. Tasks, subtasks, teams, calendars, multiple views (List, Board, and Calendar) as well as clients for iOS, Android, and Web - ClickUp has everything you need for straightforward project management.

What do you dislike?

I have some problems with the iOS client showing closed tasks when I have it set to hide them. Other platforms have additional features, like project discussion boards (ClickUp does have task-based comments) that some may need, but I prefer to use Slack for that anyway.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Different tools have a different feature set, so clearly define your requirements before evaluating. For it's feature set, ClickUp's implementation is good and the product is very easy to use.

We are a small consulting business with a larger client base and ClickUp provides us with a great way to keep projects organized and to keep clients informed of progress.

ClickUp review by Frances C.
Frances C.

"Best Robust Free Project Management Tool"

What do you like best?

I love the custom status options and the ability to prioritize tasks. Being able to apply dates to subtasks is huge (sorry Trello). This option has really helped me break down my big projects into smaller chucks and have it not feel overwhelming. Also, I can see all my tasks that are due on mobile which makes it super easy to stay on track when I am on the go.

What do you dislike?

I really need offline capabilities which ClickUp doesn't offer. I also wish you see the description of a project on mobile. That would cut down the number of tasks I need to create so the info is always available to me. Otherwise, I haven't much that I don't like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just keep at it, it will make sense. And utilize the help docs and videos and their live chat, they are amazing! If you need to track anything with a date, ClickUp is your answer!

Seeing all my tasks I have due, on a page in one list was the primary reason I switch from Trello to ClickUp to manage all my tasks and projects. The other big benefit I have found so far is that I can apply dates to subtasks!! The custom statuses really help me track what's opem, in progress or on hold across every project. And I can track it all in one location, one view.

ClickUp review by Austin H.
Austin H.

"ClickUp just works great!"

What do you like best?

It is easy to setup and get up and going. It has customizations that adapt to the projects that I am working on and allows me to change spaces to keep everything organized nicely.

What do you dislike?

Set up is easy, but there is a learning curve getting everyone on board. The tutorials are great, but it still takes a bit to use this at its full potential.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking into ClickUp, the best thing to do is just sign up and start trying the features. I was shocked with what came for free out of the box. It will almost definitely fit your needs as it is. If you are still keeping track of your to-do lists on excel, this is the program for you.

I work on team and we aren't always working in the same place, so ClickUp helps us to stay organized and make sure things are getting done. It is also great to see the status of each project as it related to each team, since the needs of each team are so diverse.

ClickUp review by Ioannis V.
Ioannis V.

"This might be it !! "

What do you like best?

Very good at value for money. Very responsive and active support and developing team. They actually listen to the users and try to implement the requests. It seems that the application has found the balance navigating through the tasks, the different overviews of the projects and the dashboards. Status management, connectivity, reporting, filtering all at a very high level with a very intuitive layout. Also the implementation of hotkeys for all the actions once you become a power user , can increase productivity. The box view!! Amazing.

What do you dislike?

Honestly,almost everything that i dislike , is scheduled to be addressed within the development road map plan. But i will refer something here, the hierarchy of the working teams could be set-up as organizations and within the organizations teams could be formed. But the billing could be for the organizations instead of the teams. More implementation at time tracking/record. Would like to see time tracking/record for different team members in the same task and easier time tracking editing of already registered records.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are searching for a task management tool you should definitely check CU

Task management across different operands, different tasks and projects. Task tracking, status over-viewing. Metadata preservation and condensed info. Project management. Information management.

ClickUp review by Dario H.
Dario H.

"team and project management platform"

What do you like best?

I've tried lot of different platforms, Asana, Trello, ex Producteev, Quire (very similar to ClickUp, but few things vere better in CluckUp), ... trying to find good and cheap (free) platform for task management. CluckUp has very good Android app, Time/List/Board view, a lot of options, nice user interface and it has free version. I've been using it for few months and they are updating new features all the time. I like statuses - Open, Closed, In progress, and you can make your own.

What do you dislike?

Nothing special, I'm still not using all (advanced) features and then I might find some of them. Few small bugs, some of them solved, as I remember when making my own statuses there were some problems. Maybe I would like to organize project list different in the begining, but now I got used to it and it works fine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I found one more good solution - Quire, but ClickUp was a bit better for us.

Organization of ideas, service requests, small projects that we have and other things to do.

ClickUp review by Jason M.
Jason M.

"ClickUp is Core to the Success of our Organization"

What do you like best?

ClickUp is constantly improving and expanding its functionality and feature set. It is easy to learn, intuitive to use, and provides us with the ability to ensure that we keep teams, projects and the entire organization on track.

What do you dislike?

If you are an old school user who wants and application to install that never changes and is exactly the same all the time without improvements and updates, ClickUp may not be for you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ClickUp is definitely the new way of doing business. Everything is stored offsite and in the "cloud". Make sure that you are comfortable with that. There are a lot of external hooks into ClickUp (e.g. Slack, API access, e-mail) which helps to make it even more powerful. Make sure that you use these to your advantage.

Don't be afraid to interact with the ClickUp team. They are very responsive to suggestions, feedback and direction which allows them to provide a product that is tailored to what people not only do with it but also where they want the product to go in the future.

We use ClickUp to ensure that the entire team is on track with tasks and projects. It also allows management to see what effort has been completed and the ability to shift tasks to other team members without the new team member having to spend a lot of time with the old team member determining what has already been done.

ClickUp review by Simon M.
Simon M.

"We were blind but we're not anymore!"

What do you like best?

We were stocked by the rapidity & the flexibility of the platform without letting down the UX. Everything can be customized to fits our needs, even in the more little details of your workflow. It requires a bit of time to handle of course but it's just like the software we would have built ourself for our company! They also regularly send very useful emails to help to discover features or new features they implement, it's smart as it's like we learn step by step, without pushing too much information at the same time!

What do you dislike?

The number of options can be overwhelming at first, the interface is simple but there is a learning curve that should be taken into consideration.

Recommendations to others considering the product

the number of options available in their free plan is just unbelievable. It's a great thing to test it out before making any decision.

Our business model evolves day by day and keeping tracks of our main discussion inside each task is a big plus. We can assign every member with ease & the fact they receive notifications directly on their mobile is more than convenient.

ClickUp review by User

"Changed the way we work in a GREAT way!"

What do you like best?

As our small business expands in this climate of "remote" work, ClickUp has allowed us to work with talents who are location independent. It has also allowed me as CEO and senior project manager to delegate tasks and see exactly what has happened as I travel. This is HUGE for us. I love the interface, it's user friendly, simple and clean.

I really love that I can duplicate projects too. I've set up "template" projects so we can duplicate them for each new sales order. Then we can customize it for each project. It's a dream.

I also like that there are options for different "spaces." We own 4 businesses, so I can make a space for each business, but still have it all in one app. Brilliant.

My husband and business partner likes the calendar feature "time" so he can have a visual representation of how long our projects take to get out the door (and get paid:-).

What do you dislike?

The notifications can get a little overwhelming. That took us a bit to tweak to figure out which notifications we want to get via email vs. via phone notification. But I don't see how there could be a better solution other that how it's set up. Users will have to put some thought into how they want to use this feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Loving it so far. We've been using it about 3 months.

Remote talent. This opens the door for us to hire from anywhere in the country.

ClickUp review by Rafael S.
Rafael S.

"Drop Everything else Just move to Click Up!"

What do you like best?

You can manage multiple Projects at the same time, with compleatly different groups or teams and never get things mixed up. you have complete power on how you want to structure your task acording to that project or task.

I Have been using this app for about a month now and now i do not see myself working without it ever again. I manage my personal to do list and three companies i manage and its so Simple. Its like having a second you doing all the thinking and reminding and keeping up with the program.

most importantly its not a simple to do list where you check off what has been done, because most projects have steps and many goals along the way, this allows you to do exactly just that and close a project when its really closed. It helps organize those big projects like those small ones that just need checks.

What do you dislike?

To be Clear their is absolutely nothing to dislike. The Click up Team is constantly improving, constantly innovating and adding features. I can personally say that the response from an actual person on their team is fast and personal, they really look at taking care of you as a costumer even if its free.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just Try it you'll be convinced intermediately, and once you master the basics it so simple and fast you will use it for everything.

Organization

To Do List

Responsibilities

Task progress

Project timelines and completions

Project executions

Future to dos

Bucket List

ClickUp review by Vinny C.
Vinny C.

"Amazing product with even better customer service"

What do you like best?

Click up has changed my small company into a work horse. We went from tracking projects in google docs to being able to track all three tiers of our company effectively. We're an events company, so we've got a LOT of moving parts. We also run a small online store. Having the ability to work with my partner, but as well as the few folks we have that help us for small projects here and there, we needed something robust.

What do you dislike?

It's really hard to think of something that I don't like about he app. Sometimes it doesn't feel as flashy as other apps, but it works better, and with all the improvements they're making weekly, I can't see this being a thing for too long.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to poke around, if there's something you'd like .. ask them. They've got a great system for showing you the roadmap of their program. They really listen to their customers. It's amazing.

We have about 5 employees that aren't full time. They get paid on a per project basis. Clickup allows me to look at what they're doing as well as assign them tasks even though we're all over the country.

ClickUp review by McKay D.
McKay D.

"Clickup Rocks My Socks"

What do you like best?

I really like the recurring tasks. Some tools don't have it **Basecamp cough cough** and that's a big issue. If you really get your team using Clickup and integrate it into every aspect of your business, I think you'll be blown away by the results and the organization you can achieve.

What do you dislike?

I need it to have individualized privacy settings. For example, if I leave a comment, I'd like the option for that to be only seen by certain people. Also, we need a way we can add clients so they can have access, but not see everything in a space.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out, it's great. The key is to actually make sure to commit to it 100% and on't let your employees use it only halfway.

Total organization, nothing slipping through the cracks, and everyone knowing what they need to do, whether they are in the office or not. This seriously makes it very easy to run a service business and get everything done.

ClickUp review by john w.
john w.

"the team management and collaboration solution that will outshine them all"

What do you like best?

ease of use, plain and simple. zero learning curve for basic use. fits easily into various business models. effortless searching and tracking. love being able to drill down notification settings. the phone app is as good as the web interface. the support system/feature request/knowledgebase interactions system is the most responsive i have ever seen.

What do you dislike?

there are a few things not yet in the box, but some are listed as planned. such as alphabetical sorting of projects, next/previous task buttons in modal view, dependencies copying over from templates, and dark mode on phone app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

we were able to create our own brief videos of how we were going to make use of clickup. then we put in a lot of info on existing work. clickup is meant to be very open-ended, so setting your people out on how you plan to use it helps them gain fast traction in its use and permanent adoption.

with hundreds of projects and no two people being in the same city, we are able to communicate effectively and not have details and answers scattered across messenger, texts, email, and written notes. having a single place where everyone can collaborate and keep projects moving forward at a glance has been a game changer. we have cut back on inbox overload, and were able to move away from multiple solutions to use just one.

ClickUp review by Nicolas d.
Nicolas d.

"ClickUp is a powerful Kanban/Project management app"

What do you like best?

1) Integration with Chrome, Google Calendar, Gmail

2) the team is extremely responsive both in terms of support and development (adding new features)

3) the app is very powerful. I would be hard pressed to find something it cannot do

4) the app is free for my usage

What do you dislike?

1) the UI is a bit complicated. I wish you could remove what you don't use

2) it takes several steps in the mobile app to get things done

3) The attachment section is a bit heavy

4) I haven't found an easy way to use the start/end dates for tasks that I will complete over time

Recommendations to others considering the product

ClickUp is a great application for users who are looking at an extensive set of features

I am a freelance, managing all my projects using ClickUp

I rely on the Google calendar integration to manage my daily/weekly priorities

ClickUp review by Rogerio T.
Rogerio T.

"Great experience "

What do you like best?

The product UI is clean and easy to understand, it is flexible enough so we could apply our existing work-flow to it and still taking the advantage of all its features. It was very simple and fast to my team get used and stick to it.

What do you dislike?

A lack of meaningful reports is the most annoying part. However, it's noticeable that the product is constantly evolving though it's a matter of time to start having very helpful reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a good Project Management solution and are quite flexible to deal with some minor issues in the platform, just go for it. Their support is good and the software quality is increasing day-by-day.

Project and product management. ClickUp is allowing us to better manage the work-flow, keep in track with all tasks and, also, plan in advance the next milestones and releases.

ClickUp review by Samantha F.
Samantha F.

"Exceptional for Customer Service and Improvements"

What do you like best?

The user friendly layout and overall functionality. Plus, that every week, they add something new!! GREAT customer service.

What do you dislike?

There are areas I'd like 'more', but they are moving so fast with adding customer requests, that it's hard to dislike anything. The support at ClickUp is phenomenal; I mean, I can't say enough good about the examples they set for GREAT customer service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give yourself a little time to see the difference in the PM layout. It is not the 'typical' and I think some may be scared of it, but don't be; it's great. Also, if it is missing a feature you want, be sure to search their "Suggestions" page and vote or add it to be a voted idea. They add new features/updates weekly.

Keeping communication, files, and progress all in one place. We've realized how unorganized we really were :P.

ClickUp review by Heather J.
Heather J.

"List templates are a HUGE time saver!!"

What do you like best?

The ability to create list template. These lists can be copied to a new project and have all of the due dates shift with this. I haven't found this feature in any other competitor product.

What do you dislike?

The list/board/project setup is still somewhat confusing to me after months of use. There are so many options that it's overwhelming for a new person to jump into it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ClickUp has so many features that it can be easy to get overwhelmed! Stick to the basics at first and expand into new features as you have need or time to learn. They have lots of helpful resources to help you learn as you go.

It keeps me on track with the client process. What to do for them and when. So helpful when you have multiple clients and can easily forget what to be doing when.

ClickUp review by Bailey G.
Bailey G.

"Great free Project Management software"

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of how this is organized. It makes sense to me and feels very easy to use with small but seemingly important features.

What do you dislike?

One thing I have trouble with is looking at all of my tasks, regardless of project, in one place and sorted by due date. I want a list of them with the ones due first at the top and they don't need to be separated by project.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In my previous role, I was a Web Project Manager. I lived and breathed in PM software - mostly Asana. I do love Asana still but ClickUp has really won me over with really small details but they make a big difference. For example, ClickUp allows you to format tasks better than Asana does (I often found myself wanting to highlight important things in Asana but wasn't able to do so) and it also allows comment assignment, which was another thing I often looked for with Asana if there was a small thing that I needed someone else (other than the task owner) to address. It's easy to use and straightforward!

I'm a Digital Strategist and I have many clients. This helps me easily keep track of my tasks for each one and on top of that, the bucket of work it falls under - setup, task work, monthly recurring phone calls, etc. It's not just a jumble of things to do but it's organized within the project itself.

ClickUp review by Tobias M.
Tobias M.

"By far the best free online project management tool"

What do you like best?

The layout is very clear.

ClickUp is straightforward and easy to use; also by people who don't have experience in project management.

It is not overloaded with very specific functions that will only be available in some particular cases.

The only difference between the free version and the paid version is the amount of storage space. All other tools (25 or so) I tested, only offer rudimentary features in the free version.

What do you dislike?

Currently, I don't dislike anything. A backup or export function (e.g. as a simple database format like sqlite) would be nice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Though ClickUp is still pretty new, it's already far ahead of most other online project management tools.

Try it out!

We are a team of researchers and use ClickUp to manage our research progress and align all the projects.

We are now much more organized.

My team accepts this tool as it is very easy to learn and does not have hundreds of functions they won't need anyway.

ClickUp review by Barb S.
Barb S.

"Taking Project/Task Management To The Next Level"

What do you like best?

ClickUp provides just the right amount of notifications when you have a deadline approaching! This was a gamechanger --- other PM tools either bombard you (or your client) with notifications while others don't send notifications at all.

New features are being released weekly and the ClickUp support team is fantastic!

The transfer from other PM tools is simple and fast, and finding your way around is fairly intuitive, after watching an overview video.

Being able to assign tasks, allow comments, set deadlines and timers, adding clients, attaching files... I'm a definite ClickUp convert!

What do you dislike?

I am eagerly anticipating adding clients as guests and not as users - I currently pay for the cloud storage (to be able to keep allllll my files in one spot!) and on the pay plan, you currently have to add your clients as users, which you have to pay for. This will be changing soon!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot! You don't have to pay for the product unless you attach files above a certain limit. On the free version, you're also able to add as many users as you'd like. If you love Trello or Asana, give ClickUp a try!

Project management, task organization, client management

ClickUp review by Bhavesh D.
Bhavesh D.

"Great Product, Love the Adaptability"

What do you like best?

I love the level of control that is provided by ClickUp. I have used other project and task management tools, but this has been my best experience. More options usually complicates the system, but ClickUp provides them in a very intuitive manner making them a boon rather than an unwanted complication.

What do you dislike?

The emails are great but the number of emails that are sent might make them a slight annoyance and I am sure I have missed important communication from ClickUp due to this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ClickUp is the tool for you if you are looking for a configurable tool to manage your projects and tasks.

ClickUp helps me keep track of all the projects and the tasks within them. We also use ClickUp to account for the time spent on each project and thus the cost associated with them.

ClickUp review by Maria Júlia E.
Maria Júlia E.

"Simple and essential"

What do you like best?

What most makes me happy with Clickup is customer service. At first I had some problems with the use of the system and I always went promptly by the team, even on weekends. Whenever I asked for improvements, I was also served quickly. I also like the constant system updates.

What do you dislike?

For me, Clickup's only problem is for creating mass jobs and budget control, but I think it should be solved soon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Click Up is an application that really optimizes team time when everyone is engaged. It is also ideal for the manager to follow the processes. I recommend using it completely.

I currently work in a digital marketing and web development company and have been using clickup for 10 months. Previously we used other project management software, but that did not give us so much flexibility when CLickup, although it is specific to our market segment. With Clickup we can solve problems of productivity and organization.

ClickUp review by Nam N.
Nam N.

"Fresh and super potential choice for product/project management"

What do you like best?

ClickUp is easy to use even for non-techy people. Projects created in ClickUp will be well organized. The UI is clean, simple and visual. Most of the basic features required for a project management tool is there (or going to be, or being finetuned).

Supporting is great. ClickUp team is always there to help even for free plan users.

Developement team is working hard. ClickUp is updated so often to keep the app run smooth and has the most productive features.

What do you dislike?

ClickUp is new, so it will lack many things: intergration to popular services, admin control, advanced features like custom field, automation... Those stuffs are being developed so users have to wait at the meantime.

The performance is no so good. ClickUp runs slow on all the flatform.

The free plans doesn't mean so much compare to Trello free plans. ClickUp free plans give only 100MB which will run out in second for any team that have attachments. For the entire build, ClickUp should set users free on storage and strict them on features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ClickUp is the right choice for anyone who need a basic, clean and easy-to-use project managment. It's will be not a good choice, at least at this time, if you need many intergrations or advanced features to extense your management process.

We're doing retail and made-to-meaure clothing store. We manage our orders with ClickUp and it helps much on tracking order states, storing customer information, assigning tasks...

ClickUp review by Geoff B.
Geoff B.

"ClickUp should be on everyone's radar as the new standard for productivity and project management"

What do you like best?

I appreciate the huge effort that is put into customer service and constant development of the program. I first looked into ClickUp in August 2017, but it was not yet developed enough for my needs. It has since not only met my needs, but surpasses them, and I've been a happy client since April 2018.

What do you dislike?

My dislikes would be very minor and may become moot in the very near future. The app only loads some of the tasks that would appear on a page (to keep loading quick, I imagine), which means that when I want to view all my tasks I have to scroll down, wait for more to load, scroll down again, wait for more to load, and so on. There are also a few cases where it takes too many clicks to get things done, although I find that's constantly being improved. Finally, the Android app is a bit tedious to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ClickUp's customizability may be daunting at first. There are Spaces, Projects, Lists, Tasks, Subtasks, Checklists, and Comments, which means there can be many ways to do things. I would give the program serious consideration—and try it for a few weeks—before signing up with a costlier, more commonly-known program. I am extremely happy with my choice to go with ClickUp.

I've started using ClickUp for everything I need to get done at work. If it will take me longer than 10 minutes to do, it gets added as a task. There is a very handy Chrome extension that makes task creation and time logging very simple. Rather than depending on snoozed emails or an in-the-moment triage of what I need to work on, I use ClickUp to keep myself organized. My previous to-do app was not being developed (at least, there were no significant features being added), I couldn't involve my colleagues, and the flow didn't quite fit the way I work. With ClickUp, there is significant weekly development, I can assign tasks to others, and I can change the flow to fit my needs precisely. On top of all this, it is at a great price point compared to many of the other options out there.

ClickUp review by Simon L.
Simon L.

"Taken from Personal to Business"

What do you like best?

The fact that it’s forever evolving. I join ClickUp a while back now and I can see the project has taken requests and implemented into the software. The team are very responsive and make you feel welcome and individual in their company. I’d been using it for my own personal freelancing but through using in that I’d decided to demo it to our Director and we implemented within the week. I imported from JIRA directly into clickup and that was easy. I altered moved statuses easily after the import as well and within a night had everything ready for people to come into and use in the morning!

What do you dislike?

There’s little I dislike but although it’s evolving in some ways it feels infant. It’s not something I’d imagine will stay a dislike though as the speed at which things get implemented this won’t be true for long.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get on the free plan and try out the software. It’s got API and Zapier integration.

JIRA was fine but the administration of JIRA was far to complex for what we needed. I couldn’t stand getting a new contractor in and assigning them particular projects in JIRA it was a nightmare. So in terms of benefits we’ve seen less time wasted onboarding people because of this.

ClickUp review by Maciej F.
Maciej F.

"Extremely useful and flexible"

What do you like best?

Here's a list of things we really like:

- Flexibility; we can customize things like themes, spaces, and statuses (workflow);

- We can use Filters to view and manage items;

- User Interface is clear and polished and provides us with great User Experience;

- Integrations; we can use external apps e.g. to track time spent on specific item;

- Cross-device and multi-platform; Android app is available in Google Play store;

- Multi-assign; You can assign more than one person to one task!

- Responsive Help Desk - very kind team, they will reply in hours, not days :-)

- Fast development - a lot of new useful features came up since we're using ClickUp;

- Ease of use and simplicity;

- Views: you can use board, list or a box view to manage the issues;

- It's stable - no major bugs even after introducing new features.

I don't remember more but the list of things we like isn't complete... You'll love it, I'm pretty sure about it :-)

What do you dislike?

Actually there's no such thing. We really like every piece of ClickUp application - no major limitations or drawbacks so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you like asana and trello, you'll love ClickUp :-)

ClickUp keeps us organized and focused on our goals. We can customize statuses per project or space and manage the items in the way we like it.

ClickUp review by Scott R.
Scott R.

"a flexible tool with great customer support"

What do you like best?

Hard to pint down one thing. A big plus to us is the responsiveness of the team behind ClickUp. Having come into Clickup with little to no prior formalized PM tool experience, the team has been helpful and willing to mature aspects of their product based on our feedback. The product is flexible enough to support a variety of work flows and customizable. Being able to attach comments and conversations to almost any item in the system is nice, and you can easily convert comments into assignable tasks.

What do you dislike?

Not sure there's anything I would say we dislike. There are still components that need time to mature and the product team can't work on everything at once. It's probably more an issue for those of us moving from informal work flows where we still rely on other systems for certain things, but the ability to get information out of the ClickUp is limited. The ability to print reports to PDF or export items for sharing outside the system is limited at this time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Because of our inexperience, we had a few startup pains where we didn't setup our teams in the best way and didn't fully understand the layers of hierarchy that ClickUp has for spaces/projects/lists/tasks. I would suggest thinking through those layers carefully or starting with a test project to make sure you work out how best to use those within your workflow. It took us a few times to find a model that fit our environment

The software projects we are involved in are very complex and involve a large team for development. We were very informal in tracking project and task progress prior to ClickUp and that involved a lot of emails and status meetings, rehashing what features are needed and who's doing what. Sorting through a history of old email chains to find needed details was slow and cumbersome. With ClickUp we're able quickly add and manage needed tasks, attach comments and entire conversations, as well as files, to tasks where we can find them quickly, and see the priority tasks and their statuses. The visibility and the single point of information access is helping us work more efficiently.

ClickUp review by Paul Y.
Paul Y.

"ClickUp is great for individual task/project management too"

What do you like best?

I am a serial task management app user (I haven't used them all, but I've used quite a few). Recently I have been finding success with a Kanban model. ClickUp has proven to be the best Kanban app I have used. One thing I look for in a task/project management app is that it doesn't get in my way. ClickUp certainly does not get in the way. It provides enough fields to allow me to be detailed when I need to be without being excessively complicated. I also like the flexibility of the multiple views and the hierarchical structure. I manage all of my personal tasks along with departmental projects.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to email list items directly into ClickUp, but I have a Zapier Zap set up to handle that. It would also be nice to have more formatting control over the Kanban items.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ClickUp does lists better than the other list-based management apps I've used, and it does Kanban better than the other Kanban apps I've used. I recommend giving ClickUp a full test run.

ClickUp has helped me stay on top of my tasks better than any other app I've used.

ClickUp review by Pol C.
Pol C.

"Flexible and perfect for multiple team personalities"

What do you like best?

Every team member can have the view that they want with just the right information. One member of our team works more with the Card system, the other one with lists and I personally am a list person. We can all have it our way! I also integrate it with Slack and we have a designated channel that pushes updates and comments. I actually use this to review how the team is working rather than logging in into ClickUp throughout the day.

The ability to setup projected times, real times and then report how much each of my lists (which we use for billing cycles) is incurring in time compared to budget is priceless. I also love the integrations which allow me to link and add my Google Drive files.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any major concerns because they keep making new updates with requested features. At the current moment I noticed that when using the mobile app and creating a task, if I didn't save it and click at the top of the screen it closes without seemingly saving my task (or I am not sure where to retrieve) it. I'm sure this will get polished up in a recent update and isn't a big concern.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would give it a shot as it has so much flexibility. Your ability to activate or not features as well as give users the option of how they want to customize their views is priceless.

Helping coordinate all of our project deliverables, milestones and tracking client hours per billing cycles. It is very easy to use and to know exactly the open items, started, up for review, rework and closed with the custom statuses we have used. I had Podio before and it got too overwhelming to see a high level view which ClickUp allows me to Zoom in and out whenever I need it.

ClickUp review by Christophe B.
Christophe B.

"Best MGMT software out there"

What do you like best?

- ease of use

- user and team oriented

- commited to push new features on a regular basis

What do you dislike?

NOTHING. I DISLIKE NOTHING

Free under 100MB, what's not to like ?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get in the mindset of being more productive. Then talk about it with your teammates. Read Getting things done. Implement. Read it again. Share it with teammates. Open Clickup. Sign up.

We are implementing two systems:

- the lean startup

- the getting things done system

Clickup allows us to communicate, organize and have a clear picture of where we stand on every project. We do not compromise on clarity, priority or status. Clickup takes the mgmt tool to the next level. It's better than Trello or monday or even ASANA - by better I mean, it's whole.

Clickup has understood that teams look for functionality and ease of use. The experience is smooth and stress free. I'm very bullish on it.

ClickUp review by Micha W.
Micha W.

"Create App for agile project management, software development and private use"

What do you like best?

Flexible, fast and constant updates, create to use. You should like the GUI of Jira. The personal service contact is superb. There a lot of features included without extra costs. The pricing model is fair.

Nice "PowerUp-Like"-Features, which are available in the free version.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing special. All works fine and they get better with every update. I suppose less technical user will find the GUI more or less complex. A bit more customisation would be nice a sepcialy for the "open" and "closed" status.

Realy ... there is nothing more to say :-)

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you like the gui of jira, you will like ClickUp.

Agile Software development in teams, alone and for private use with my family for organisation everything.

ClickUp review by Ivan L.
Ivan L.

"Extremely responsive customer support, superb SaaS for any project management"

What do you like best?

ClickUp is so very intuitive and fluid in operation. Admittedly, it was lacking in integrations when we first started over eight months or so ago. But the responsiveness, individual attention and honesty of their customer service has no equal.

The speed of bug fixes, improvements and updates to the service is quite stunning. We have yet have a better experience in these regards, and that is what will keep us using ClickUp.

We also love and depend on ClickUp's integrations with Toggl and Slack.

What do you dislike?

All the drawbacks, bugs and integrations that we experienced has basically been fixed or alleviated. There isn't anything we dislike or hate in its current iteration. Although we could use additional integrations to Zendesk. Also, the Android mobile app is a work in progress still.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is literally no risk in trying ClickUp and they will provide free help in migrating from other platforms. They even helped us with "translating" features, and how we could structure different usage requirements compared to our previous SaaS. But whatever you do, try reaching out to their customer service and experience it for yourself. Their follow-up is fantastic, and they really do seem to care about your difficulties with their software.

Project Management both for Administration and also for Software Development. We migrated from Asana and Jira to ClickUp over eight months ago, and have never looked back. Their customer service is a model for our startup.

ClickUp review by Michał B.
Michał B.

"Many PM tools on the market - the only one really good"

What do you like best?

Here's my selection:

- Flexibility in terms of project / team organization, task statuses

- Various project methodologies supported (traditional, SCRUM, Kanban, etc.)

- Easy & flexible views customization / filtering

- Well developed task properties available (subtasks, task checklists, effort assigned, tags, priorities, assignees, formated description, ...)

- Really AWESOME UI & UX making users wanting to use the tool - just look how this tool is beautiful and well organized

- Personally - I love the customizable themes, including my favorite - dark mode

- Mobile / Windows / Chrome app available

- Integrations with external tools - including Google Calendar and time tracking apps

- Reasonable pricing strategy

- Great Team listening to the users and implementing the most wanted features within a couple of weeks

What do you dislike?

Pretty basic access restriction features - BUT, as far as I know

Recommendations to others considering the product

We've made a broad review of PM tools available on the market before choosing it, including a number of trials. This one is the best in our opinion.

- Modern project management - we run 2 types of projects: event organization and IT development

- Team productivity support

ClickUp review by Nassim B.
Nassim B.

"Extremely impressive"

What do you like best?

It is very user centric, I like that the user experience is great and I love all the small details that make us very productive while working with ClickUp ! Great product and incredible pace of development. We saw the product evolve in a few month from a basic software to a very complete system.

What do you dislike?

Really, not so many things. However, I can see how there's room for improvement by connecting to even more apps outside of ClickUp ( improving the github integration for instance)

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should definitely check it out. Make your own opinion about it, it should be easy to start anyway

We want to have an agile way of building a saas product. We used to work with pivotal tracker, and moved because we felt of a lot of friction with it. It wasn't flexible enough to make it fit with our workflow. We tried Asana, and different solutions, but we feel it's easy to work with clickup and it made us better at using those kind of tools to improve our product development planning and productivity

ClickUp review by Kenny D.
Kenny D.

"Finally, A Platform that Gets Team Project & Task Management RIGHT"

What do you like best?

I love the passion the ClickUp team has. It shows in their rapid pace of development, the adoption of customer feature requests, and way they think. It's clear they are thinking things through with their users in mind. Everything is logical, in the right place, and feels natural to work with--no matter how you work. They also have native Windows and Mac apps.

What do you dislike?

At first I thought the UI was too light and hard to read. They fixed that with a high contrast mode and some other tweaks that have made it perfect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great program. Totally customizable and has great team communication.

I have several clients with several simultaneous projects happening at the same time. Most other packages seem bulky and require several steps to enter and view data. ClickUp makes it much easier with a clean dashboard, multiple ways to add tasks, and a great filter option.

ClickUp review by Agata K.
Agata K.

"Help us a lot to manage out projects!"

What do you like best?

ClickUp is a very user-friendly software and you dont need any special training to start using it efficiently. It works very well in our company where we do projects in small teams. These projects can be easily reflected by spaces. Moreover, maybe it is because of my vanity but I like that ClickUp people wrote me that they will love me even if I dont give this review ;)

What do you dislike?

It is really hard to find any disadvantages of ClickUp. I would say it could be helpful to add some feature/project type that allows you easy to manage projects which are carried out by only 1 or 2 people from tech team. For example you have only to-do list with bugs to fix and you use tick box to mark task as finished.

It helped us to replace several project management tools we used to use with only one - ClickUp which gives us all feature we need. It significantly helped us to improve communication between developers and business team.

ClickUp review by Brandon A.
Brandon A.

"Great customer service! But still a work in progress."

What do you like best?

It's pretty easy to use while still having the features that you need to help get things done. They have a roadmap of what they are trying to get done, the user docs are very handy and easy to read. I also like that they have customer suggestions and ways to vote on things for prioritization. For the most part, they are very customer-centric on making things that the users want instead starting with a solution, then looking for a problem to fix.

What do you dislike?

So far, we can't use clickup across the company for what we want to use it for because of minimal options for notifications. They are working on that, hopefully it will be done soon. Also, the complexity is starting to grow, which I am a little bummed out that I couldn't get my company switched over sooner so that we could have grown with it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get in soon so you can grow with the product. I'm a little worried that it will get too complicated for non-technical users.

Managing engineering work flows through our office and onto the production floor. We haven't been able to move over to this yet because of the notifications.

ClickUp review by Tate H.
Tate H.

"Keeps Us Organized"

What do you like best?

Our team uses ClickUp to write our weekly agendas, upload documents for sharing, and to add links we want each other to view. We also use it independently from the team and are able to store documents just for ourselves. We like that we have the ability to go from team sharing to individual viewing.

What do you dislike?

There is not much we don't like. Maybe the plain white color, but hey, that is better than crazy vibrant. I also have a hard time collapsing lists on the side bar so I don't have to see all the tasks we have under it. I know it is possible, but it is a bit tricky.

Recommendations to others considering the product

N/A

We really like that we can assign someone a task through ClickUp. They will then get an email notification and know what is needed from them. We also are able to add due dates which help keep our time organized.

ClickUp review by Roy J.
Roy J.

"The most feature rich task management app to date."

What do you like best?

It's hard to condense into one paragraph all the goodness of ClickUp. But if pushed, I'd say that my favorite is the top level list view in the system.

It is very convenient to overview *everything*, both in periodic reviews and in during work.

It includes some feature that are hard to find in other task management systems, most importantly for me: start dates, tags, sub tasks and actionable comments that are encapsulated within tasks (without cluttering the system).

It would also be wrong to point the good parts of ClickUp without mentioning the amazing team behind it.

They respond and act on emails within hours.

What do you dislike?

There are still some crucial features missing (reminders, some android widgets, the web app is a little slow), but the rate of progress of this app is astounding. And even as it is today, it's still one of the best task management apps.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great product and I comfortably recommend it.

Personal task/project management (GTD oriented).

Learning about ClickUp?

* We monitor all ClickUp reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.