Want to see who topped the 2019 Best Software Awards?

ClickUp

4.8
(416 reviews)

ClickUp is an online tool for project management and work collaboration.

Work for ClickUp?

Learning about ClickUp?

ClickUp Reviews

Showing 432 ClickUp reviews
ClickUp review by Jenn Z.
Jenn Z.

"ClickUp is the new up-and-comer in project management!"

What do you like best?

The versatility of this tool is incredible. Since I joined, they've rolled out two huge new features: guest accounts and gannt charts. These were two features that weren't available (or at least, not for a reasonable price tag for a one-person operation) in the project management tool I was using before.

When the guest management feature was rolled out, several of us users had some concerns about the ability to implement it the way we needed to. The ClickUp team quickly responded to the feedback we voiced and made changes that made the feature even more useful for us as users and which I think sets them far ahead of their competition in terms of value. Because of the features and the team's responsiveness, I'm now a loyal ClickUp user!

What do you dislike?

The only issues I've really had were when the time tracking extension in Chrome started acting up on me and tracking the wrong tasks. The ClickUp support team looked into it and fixed it, though, so I don't know if that really counts. I'm honestly struggling to find things that I genuinely don't like about ClickUp. Usually if there's an issue, the team fixes it or if it's a feature request, it goes into the roadmap for users to vote on and be implemented.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. The free accounts are a great way to see if it's worth upgrading to a paid account (the limitations are minor).

ClickUp combines my favorite things about Asana and Trello and adds something that both lack: Gannt charts! I use ClickUp for both business and personal project and task management because it's so versatile. It's made it so much easier to plan my business projects and stay on top of them. Because of the gannt charts in ClickUp, I've even gotten an entire week ahead on this year's projects and we're only a week into the year!

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about ClickUp
ClickUp review by Julian H.
Julian H.

"Helps us manage our marketing agency like a boss"

What do you like best?

ClickUp is the swiss army knife of task and project management apps. It allows the team to work on client needs and provides transparency across the board. What I liked when reviewing possible replacements for Trello was the ability to view all upcoming and current work across multiple spaces, so it's easy to get an overview of what you have in progress and need to get done next.

What do you dislike?

A better (more thorough) implementation of Markdown would be nice, although this is a subjective problem really.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's worth sitting through the on-boarding / intro video to get an idea of how powerful the product is. Then look at the speed with which the dev team release new features (as requested by users). Part of what makes them so agile is using ClickUp internally. With that evidence in hand, imagine what it could do for your own operation!

One of the greatest benefits for us is the ability to set reoccurring tasks, which has enabled us to proceduralise a lot of routine work. This is really handy when dealing with ongoing client activities and working with remote team members. It means that anybody can look at what needs to be done across clients, filter by their speciality and pick up a task to work on it. It's particular to our use case, but definitely a great improvement to team management and productivity.

What Project Management solution do you use?

ClickUp review by Angelo V.
Angelo V.

"Project Management, the easy way."

What do you like best?

We like working with ClickUp at Music Connects because it's very flexible. It's very easy to streamline your work, your organisation... in ClickUp. Also, the support is great. Once, we had a problem, don't know if they fixed the bug just then or already knew about the problem but one day later it was gone and ClickUp communicated about it very well.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it's hard to keep up with the updates but at least they're improving. I actually can't think of a reason why you wouldn't choose ClickUp over other Project Management tools. Sometimes I get lost in alerts because it's too much so adding some structure there would be nice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When you have too many deadlines and organising your deadlines becomes a deadline, then you should probably get a tool like ClickUp.

We organize our to do's and deadlines in ClickUp and it helps us really with specific projects on one hand, but also with recurring deadlines on the other hand. It's also very easy to comment on these deadlines, add a file, link them with other deadlines in your organisation...

ClickUp review by Brittnay R.
Brittnay R.

"A wonderful task management tool"

What do you like best?

-Tons of customization

-Multiple Platforms, including mobile

-The ability to assign tasks

-Very frequent Updates

-Color Coding

-Multiple Views

-suits most organizational styles

-custom templates

-Super low cost

-Recurring Tasks

What do you dislike?

It was easy to set up, but there is a learning curve. I find that I am still learning how to do certain things, but this isn't a bad thing necessarily.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read through the blog posts and other bits of information before setting up. A little studying up on the product before diving in will make a world of difference. If you can't figure out how to do something, google it! I always found an answer right away instead of wasting time fiddling around on the program.

ClickUp allows very easy task management with the ability to assign those tasks to other members of a team. It's a central place to share to-do's and status' on larger projects. I like that there is a space to add notes under each list. We currently have a list set up for each of our Estate Clients, sharing important unchanging information is super easy to do with this notes field.

ClickUp review by Dennis  S.
Dennis S.

"Good Interface, Great Roadmap"

What do you like best?

The user interface is well thought out and makes it visually easy to see and adjust my tasks. There are a lot of shortcuts to do things quickly (which I am still learning). The roadmap has things like markup tools that I'm really looking forward to and is really the reason for my excitement.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could drag and drop tasks into other tasks to create subtasks and vice versa. Also, wish it had a table/matrix view so you could edit more without opening the individual tasks. I'd like to see drag and drop from Oultook. A running inbox of all comments would allow me to use this more for team communication.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a look at the roadmap and see if you like where it's going. They seem to be developing it aggressively and have been very responsive every time I've contacted them.

I develop architectural projects and need to stay on top of lots of tasks that are time-critical. The interface makes it easy to prioritize and re-prioritize work quickly and see at a glance where I need to focus my efforts each day.

ClickUp review by Nando C.
Nando C.

"Easy-to-use, Powerful Project Management"

What do you like best?

Migrating to Clickup from Asana was quick and easy. I already had years’ worth of Project Management assets set up, so this was an important factor int he switch.

But the features that "sold" me were more related to how we work: Organizing in Spaces/Projects/Lists is very similar to others, but the way it handles sub-tasks, and the ability to have checklists and dependencies easily created and managed, opens up the opportunity for much-improved workflows.

Speaking of workflow, one can save as a template just about any of these things I mentioned above. From a simple checklist, to an entire project. And not by "hacking" it (creating a project to copy), but by actually providing these as option when creating a new one.

The integration with toggle has now introduced the ability to track time connected to actual, identifiable tasks. Great for reporting.

The most unexpected, very pleasant surprise came from the browser extension. While on Gmail, I can create a task that –or assign to an existing task– from within that email. ClickUp will add a copy of the email to the task, in this way including all relevant information for the task. Gone are the searches for an email that included some detail, or forwarding the email to a colleague for reference. Oh, and once the task is created, I can now archive the email, never to worry about it again. Clean Inbox!

What do you dislike?

I hope they get around to implementing more advanced user permissions, that allows us to share with clients in view-only, or limited capabilities. It's on the roadmap (several requests exist), but it seems to be taking longer than other, more popular requests.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're already using time-tracking, ClickUp's built-in time tracking may not be robust enough for you. But the full integration (use within ClickUp) with the major time-tracking SaaSs more than makes up for it.

Better Project Management ability to go from big picture (multiple business initiatives), to projects within them, to tasks and sub-tasks, and the assets needed for them. Cleaning my inbox is that frosting on top.

ClickUp review by Sohrab S.
Sohrab S.

"A complete solution package"

What do you like best?

1. They are surveying their customers constantly and figuring out what are their needs.

2. They have a constant flow of upgrades and the impact of those upgrades can be seen on a day to day basis.

3. Regular update emails for those upgrades and new features.

4. Color customization (I personally enjoyed the dark mode).

5. I've enjoyed the chrome app. It provides an icon in my Gmail account to quickly create a task in ClickUp + an icon in the url bar is always a quick way to create tasks.

6. Slack integration is really helpful for my team since we extensively use that for communication.

What do you dislike?

1. Loading speed kills me especially if you open tasks in a new tab.

2. Tasks links in mobile should be open in the mobile app, not the app store.

3. Some UI issues here and there.

Task management and resource planning

ClickUp review by Zachary K.
Zachary K.

"Great value - one of the best in the market"

What do you like best?

ClickUp does what other services make you pay big bucks for, or what competitors simply don't do at all. They're adding or refining features aggressively–I get updates once a week–and their support team was extremely responsive when I had a question about using ClickUp with a non-profit. From the custom statuses to custom fields, I imagine there are few use case that the software can't handle in a comfortable way without getting bloated.

What do you dislike?

The interface looks great, but still feels a bit too full. Most interaction points are collapsed appropriately into menus and so on, but the overall scale of items makes one feel a little anxious using an otherwise great product. Also, the lack of consistent shortcut keys for common task edits–due date, assignee, etc.–isn't deal-breaker, but when I'm entering in 20 tasks at a time, I don't want to switch back and forth between keyboard and mouse.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Talk to their staff about how to set up your own workflow and/or how well ClickUp might fit your situation. It can do a lot under the surface that isn't immediately obvious.

The connection between things to-do and timelines is better in ClickUp than any product I've seen, short of enterprise project management software. When you schedule items on the calendar, they automatically resize to fit estimated completion time. It makes scheduling visual and forces you to take a realistic look at a day or week. It's perfect.

ClickUp review by Florent C.
Florent C.

"Finally found the right task & project manager for me. You got everything right !"

What do you like best?

You got it right, simple!

It got me excited from the start and I come from far: Excel / GTD Next / Todoist premium / Trello / Asana / now 100% Clickup ! Well 95, because I still love how todoist allows me to get some quick tasks entered and done !

- It's accessible (not overpaid to get access to all that cool stuff for individuals or small teams ).

- It's a good looking design with attention to ergonomic.

- Priority, customisable status (as opposed to using tags in other software), time logged, task dependencies, start dates are premium features that you can access for free with Clickup. For this it's 10/10 and thank you for allowing this.

- On top of that, you have a box view (great for overviewing multiple projects), list view (classic), board view (beats Asana one by far and has nothing to envy from Trello), and a time view (great to move tasks in the months or see what's coming). If a gantt chart comes as well, I say hallelujah!

- Plus so many little things missing that you integrated as well like individual clickapps, checklists, actionable comments... that's just awesome and unique !

- The team seems reactive on the request forum and that's appreciated.

What do you dislike?

- N°1 and most important disklike: Mobile app is non usable for me simply because it does not work offline. I travel a lot for work and I constantly come up with ideas I want to add in my projects and I also use the travel time to check what needs to be done and prioritize things. If you have a bad connection or no connection at all, you simply can't do it with ClickUp. I had the same issue with Asana. Only Todoist was giving me satisfaction. That's a massive dark spot in my workflow.

- Apart from this, performance needs to be improved. Changes, navigation is lagging. It's heavy and requires optimisation. It's not horrible, but sometimes I have to reload the page if the connection isn't good as well, that's frustrating.

- I can't seem to really take advantage of subtasks as it works like Asana (it opens a new window with its own settings, yet it's limited in some ways... hard to describe but it's a heavy process. Checklists is brilliant, but there is some simplicity missing in the substasks. Maybe I need to have a look at todoist again see how they are doing it and edit this review)

- Task dependencies is too slow to setup. I've commented on the request forum, it's heavy to search for a dependency and can be improved.

- I'd like to see more integration with Outlook 2016/2019. Emails are not integrated properly so I still require follow up, task management in outlook....

Well I'm managing all projects in my company using ClickUp. I'd like to get my team to use it but I need more tweaking and it might a bit too geeky for them (small company). It's the only tool that allowed me to simply keep track on the hundreds of things I need to do and all the company's project better than the CRM!

Personally, I'm also using it for life projects and It does the job well.

ClickUp review by Gilbert P.
Gilbert P.

"Great task management tool for the multi-tasker"

What do you like best?

I am working in multiple organisations and on multiple projects. The feature I like most about ClickUp are the Favourites. Together with its quite extensive project and task management features, this allows me to create views across projects and organisations that tell me what I need to focus on.

What do you dislike?

Since the Favourites feature is what is most important to me, the mobile apps aren't useful to me since they don't allow me to quickly switch between views using my Favourites. This is doubly bad for me since I am very much relying on my mobile devices to manage stuff when I'm away from the office. I am also working the GTD way so another thing I am missing is a global inbox, but I saw that this is on their roadmap.

My key problem is that I am working in many organisations and on many projects, but without the benefit of others using task and project management tools. ClickUp is the best way for me to keep up with my part of the work in an organised way. The main benefit is to keep an overview at a click.

ClickUp review by Vlad D.
Vlad D.

"The most advanced developing tracking app"

What do you like best?

Even with a free version you get a bunch of essential features.

Task organization: you can organize tasks in lists, lists in projects, projects in spaces.

Team organization: you can create member teams.

Customization: you can create / update custom statuses, change colors

Navigation: quick access to all the tasks, multiple views and sorting options

Quick actions: no matter where you are it is so easy to assign tasks, change statuses

Some very cool and useful features: dark mode, assigned comments, referencing people and other tasks in comments, color schemes to make it easier visually understand the information (statuses, priority, blockings, etc.)

What do you dislike?

It's been probably around 7 months using clickup and I do not recall a single complaint

Recommendations to others considering the product

After trying a few other task trackers, ClickUp was definitely the one to choose. Try their a free service to decide it for yourself

ClickUp helps to organize development process for my startup project. Not only by adding tasks, but also doing task communications (describing task scope, discussing changes, adding screen shot with examples, etc.).

I've been using JIRA at other projects. Now more working with ClickUp I like it better.

ClickUp review by Caitlin T.
Caitlin T.

"Amazing Alternative to Apps like Asana (Esp. for Freelancers/Solopreneurs)"

What do you like best?

First off, thank you for not charging freelancers like me for 5 seats minimum (when we ever only need one). I really wanted to like Asana, but couldn't get over the fact that I was paying 5x what I should be just to use premium features like time estimates.

I love that ClickUp has SO MANY amazing features that other apps charge more for. I love that you can switch between board views (list/kanban/calendar) whenever you'd like. I'm OBSESSED with the CSV import option. I've been creating client project timelines in Google Sheets, getting them approved, and then I can import every single task (complete with name, time estimate, due date, etc) into ClickUp literally at the click of a button. GAME CHANGER for my productivity. On the same note, project templates with remapping due dates is the BEST for projects that always have the same tasks/cadence.

I love the ability to add custom fields that suit me, to remove features that I don't need, and to make the space my own. I have never found a better project management tool, and that says a lot because I'm a bit of a systems nerd and I've tried them all!

What do you dislike?

There are only a couple things that I've struggled with. Since ClickUp is not as established, it doesn't integrate with all of the apps I use (which is understandable). I also find the platform quite slow. I have great internet speeds, but ClickUp always lags a bit and a little longer than other apps to load. It's slows me down a bit, but isn't a deal breaker.

I am also anxiously awaiting free client accounts/permissions. For complex projects, it's key for me to be able to collaborate with clients and the inability to add free client accounts to a premium ClickUp space is quite a bummer. I've been getting by, but that feature will be HUGE for freelancers like me.

One of the only features I still haven't been able to find in any project management tools is a time block scheduler. I use Hourstack.io for this, and it's worked wonderfully, but having a feature like this in ClickUp would be a GAME CHANGER and allow me to use ONE app for all of my project/time management. The calendar/time function is almost there, but it'd be awesome to be able to schedule tasks BEFORE they're due (for instance, schedule to work on the task Thursday when it's due Friday). Also, the ability to see the estimated hours in the weekly calendar view (for instance, a 1-hour task would be 1/3 the size of a 3-hour task). I know that's a fairly robust feature, but I feel like there is some serious potential there!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out! The fact that you can use a FULLY FEATURED account for FREE indefinitely (with storage limits) right now is pretty amazing. They'll also import your data over from your current PM tool, so you won't lose any time in the transition. I am SO happy with ClickUp and SO glad that I made the switch!

ClickUp has helped me to organize and streamline my client projects. I've been SO on-time with all of my tasks/projects since using ClickUp, and it's made my client onboarding process (specifically, scheduling out project tasks) SO much faster. I also like having separate spaces for my own tasks, business goals, etc so I have somewhere to organize my thoughts and ideas. I feel so much more on top of it and less overwhelmed. Thanks!

ClickUp review by Bailey R.
Bailey R.

"The Most User Friendly Project Management Tool I've Found!"

What do you like best?

When I first came on with my company they were using an outdated, and confusing project management program that was a complete mess. Almost immediately, I set out to find the perfect replacement and planned to be very picky — but as soon as I came across ClickUp I knew I was done searching. From design to customer service ClickUp offers everything you could want + more.

What do you dislike?

There was a bit of a learning curve initially and occasionally there are some quirks in the software with task not crossing off correctly or recurring task not reassigning right but the issues have not been enough to deter us from using the software daily and the live chat option has come in handy when running into any of these issues.

As a marketing company, we are constantly jumping between different clients and brands. It's important for us to stay organized and on top of each project as well as the little task. ClickUp allows us to keep everything in one place and make sure nothing gets missed. We are communicating better, work is getting done faster, and clients are happier. Everyone is winning :-)

ClickUp review by Ernesto F.
Ernesto F.

"Best task manager in market"

What do you like best?

It's difficult to me choose one or two features because ClickUp is fulled of unlimited features and posibilities. The most loved feature I must say the views, Caleandar (sync'd with Google), Board (Kanban Style with custom columns OMG I LOVE THIS ONE) and List!....

The way I can create a task using / commands allows me to create a task very very fast without mouse, this is an unique feature.

I have to mention the Mobile App, it's really awesome, another apps lack in features vs their webapp but ClickUp have unlimitless features in the mobile app too.

Lest talk about design, the position of items makes readability much more easier than another apps even with tons of info for every screen of the app.

Finally I have to mention dark theme, love it!

What do you dislike?

This app is really amazing, as a Web Developer I need to mantain every task very well organized. I tried a bunch of another apps before ClickUp and after weeks of testing I fall in love.

But yes, I have to mention 2 things that they could do better, Light Theme es very very light, the app looks very cheap in light theme even with high contrast, I dont like it...

Second thing is the load time, it's pretty slow to me, yes, I know the app have too many things to load and no problem with that but I wish the minimize to tray feature doesn't close the task because if I maximize the app open it again and that takes the same amount of time than open a task not in my tray.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The best part it is not that they have tons of features, is they continue to adding new features every month

Deadlines, Modules development priority and Code audit with the awesome integration with gitlab

ClickUp review by Emily W.
Emily W.

"Number 1 Productivity Tool for my Business!"

What do you like best?

The constant adding of features and updates. It just keeps getting better. With Click Up, I have the ability to adapt the app to the way I want to run my business, and the way my business works. I have tried many competing apps, this one wins by a landslide. I like being able to put everything relating to the task inside the task itself. Including the ability to treat each subtask as a job in and of itself.

The app also looks great, is intuitive and super user-friendly.

What do you dislike?

The mobile/ipad app cannot yet list all tasks in due date view the same as the website can. I would prefer if the website and the mobile app were relatively the same. We operate solely on due date view.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can't recommend this app enough!

Job tracking and history, productivity, customer contact, file storage for customer emails and images. I especially like the to do lists within each task, and the ability to make a subtask from each item on the list. Being able to have everything all in one place has allowed me and my team to become far more productive and I love being able to track time spent on a task easily to ensure quoted time is accurate.

ClickUp review by Lukáš .
Lukáš .

"Killer tool with killer team"

What do you like best?

I like the great capability and flexibility ClickUp has. It allows me to manage my personal life/tasks as well as my personal business activities. I have been looking for a long time for a solution, that would allow me to store arbitrary tasks, notes and eventually assign the due dates and such. Furthermore I wanted it to be able to seemlessly sync with my Google Calendar, so that I still can edit events in the calendar, like adding reminders and locations, that would be preserved, when I change the event date in the task manager app. This would seem like a small and simple thing, but ClickUp is the only one that I found (tried circa 25 services) that could do this.

Simply, I was looking for something, that would allow me the flexibility and customizability of a pen and paper, yet having the convenience of an online service I can have everywhere with me.

Today I use it everyday to plan what am I going to tackle in the future, plan upcoming days and without any aditional work, having it all in my calendar almost instantaneously.

What do you dislike?

Of course, there are a few thing I don't like, but nothing can be perfect, right. But the reason, why I don't really care about these things is the great feedback system, they have setup. It is almost like a community forum, but much more efficient and clear, where every single day the team looks for a new things to implement or fix. In my short time on ClickUp (1 month), I have already reported many feature requests and one bug. The bug was fixed within 3 days and feaure requests are being monitored and are planned to be done, while others are implemented to the platform continuously.

Anyway... what I am missing the most is for the Android(maybe IOS) App to work offline and having a Trello-like view of the tasks. The former is marked as "In progress" in feature requests though and there is a workaround for the latter.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just go for it :-). It can be as simple or as complex as you need it to be.

Easy tracking of all my activities.

ClickUp review by Brandon S.
Brandon S.

"Checks all the boxes - and much more!"

What do you like best?

Our team has tried several different project management solutions to varying degrees of failure. Most have been too unwieldy and difficult to use effectively. We wanted to find a solution that organized and improved our workflow without becoming its own burdensome task. ClickUp was the only solution that brought the kind of speed and functionality to our team and every day the integrations and improvements they are making based on community feedback have been even more in line with our goals - all without compromising the integrity of their incredible product.

What do you dislike?

I think there are some growing pains that any emerging company faces. It was challenging to use ClickUp for a few months as they worked on a G-Suite integration. But when that integration went live, it was worth every minute of the wait.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm not managing massive, multivariable projects - I'm managing a thousand small projects with multiple working components. If that is you, stop everything and get ClickUp. Let it walk you through an organizational structure for those projects to break them into categories. It may be different, but I can tell you from experience that my small team has been faster to respond, less stressed, and more productive than we ever have been with ClickUp.

As a small team, we deal with an increasingly complex volume of small projects putting the department at risk for major failures. ClickUp has been a critical solution for our project management. Since implementing, we have seen a dramatic improvement in organization, communication, delivery speed, and failure reduction.

ClickUp review by Peter H.
Peter H.

"Best project management option I've found so far"

What do you like best?

I started out on Trello and almost immediately bounced b/c it's fundamentally a Kanban board and doesn't support strategic oversight and planning. I was on Monday after for about a month but then found it lacked some features I wanted like recurring tasks and (again) a more strategic view. I really wanted to be able to zoom around from project to project and quickly go from ground level to 50,000 ft. Clickup is all that and more for me. Once you get the hang of the hierarchy structure it's a whole new world.

I've been impressed by the overall feature set and how quickly they are implementing, new and useful features. They've also got great content on their blog. Their free option is very robust.

What do you dislike?

I think their mobile app is a little weak compared to the Monday mobile app. Sifting through your notifications on mobile is a lot more clunky and doesn't always update compared to desktop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's not as beginner friendly as Monday. But once you master the hierarchy structure you're off to the races. Clickup has an onboarding sequence that I duplicated and edited that I sent out to all team members.

Project management for my whole company (10 people). I can set and track projects + tasks for people but people can also set up and collaborate on stuff on their own. We've been much better at strategic planning, not having stuff wait until the last minute, and not having little things slip through the cracks.

ClickUp review by Priscilla D.
Priscilla D.

"The Best PM Tool that Feels Like A Virtual Assistant "

What do you like best?

I love that Clickup integrates with all my daily tools like Gmail, Harvest, Chrome, & Google Assistant. Creating tasks is so intuitive and easy to do from anywhere on any of my screens. But what I probably love best is the task "time estimate" and the calendar views. I can plan out my days, weeks, months etc so I know exactly where I can fit in the work.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about Clickup is they were not around in 2015 when I started my business. Luckily they've created simple imports from other PM tools to migrate right to their system. What I'd like to see is a continuous import of tasks from other softwares like ToDoist, Slack, etc. Some of my clients insist on using their own list style tools and it would be great to see those sync to my Clickup project automatically. Then again - maybe this already exists and I just don't know about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it! What do you have to lose? You'll get a clear view of what's going on project wise and the interface is so user-friendly. They're constantly making updates and the support team responds instantly!

Clickup has made being a small start up business so much easier. Everything goes into clickup and then based on time estimates I'm able to plan out the work week for me and my team. I love that it also integrates to my invoicing and time tracking tool Harvest, so invoices are quickly generated with the amount of billable time. It's saved me 5 hours per week on reporting and billing, and helped me gain another 6 hours of productivity back with it's drag and drop calendar view. I'm also a huge fan of the list view when doing mass status updates and closing tasks or rescheduling. You can click a group of tasks and make the change just once instead of going task by task. The Google Assistant integration is also a huge game changer for me when I'm running errands or driving, I can talk to Google, create new tasks and reminders and they're waiting for me when I get back to my desk.

ClickUp review by Carolyn G.
Carolyn G.

"ClickUp is a Game Changer"

What do you like best?

I find myself using the recurring task function a lot. Which helps me manage my team with weekly or repetitive tasks quite easily. It is a great communication tool with your staff; you can assign and tag your team almost at any touch point in the tool which is really helpful for me keeping track on small here or there tasks that need to be completed as well.

What do you dislike?

Some of my staff were intimidated by it's multi level look and organization at first. Which led to a transition period of getting some members utilizing the tool. But once you force yourself in it, the functionality starts to become second nature. There are other items I wish the tool had, but Click-Up has a request board where you can vote on other's requests so the company is improving its features each day based on feedback.

Before Click-Up, I was a growing company where all correspondence was through Google Drive, Gmail, and Texting/Phone Call. It was hard to stay focused, and team members would forget the small tasks assigned. I realized that there is a lot of wasted time when working this way and now tasks are completed with efficiency, staff texts me less, and emails have dropped, but communication has increased.

ClickUp review by Jaime Y.
Jaime Y.

"ClickUp is the seventh man on our team. "

What do you like best?

I find Clickup to be an amazing cloud-based tool that is user-friendly and customizable. The tool also works with Salesforce and Slack. The import capability is fabulous and the customer support is awesome. My team utilizes Clickup as the centralized platform for our productivity management.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I can't think of anything that I dislike. I am sure there may be something that could be improved but I cannot recall anything noteworthy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Clickup is the best-kept secret. Discover what you have been missing.

The business benefits are endless. The tool is robust and offers a complimentary tier for users. The customer support is excellent. The space limit offered by Clickup is generous. The tool offers an excellent import feature. The custom notification settings work well. The tool offers a totally customizable workflow that can be tailored to your liking. I love the option for a list, board, or calendar view. The benefits are wonderful.

ClickUp review by André G.
André G.

"So right in so many ways!"

What do you like best?

The simplicity and flexibility is unprecedented. Seriously. Instead of having to squeeze your company into the an application mold, you mold the application around your needs. The ability to save filter, spaces and projects as templates has saved my so much time! My favourite feature is the automated 2-way sync with my Google Calendar. Additionally, the extreme granular approach to notifications is also geat. Overall this Software is the top of the game for both small and large companies that requires a software that ties sales, management, development, customer support, panning together. Their app is also fantastic for giving feedpack and overview on the go. I personally use it for planning ny thoughts as well as reviewing the agenda for today, this week and so forth. There's also something to be said for the stability and development of new features. Things just work and are delivered as promised!

What do you dislike?

At present time (01.11.18) Clickup is missing the ability to set up calculated cost in projects and Gantt charts, but according to their development blog, this is around the corner. One thing that might be a pain if you need to collaborate with clients directly within Clickup is that you can only restrict access at space-level. But again, their development blog says more granular access management is on the way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use spaces for different clients

Bird's eye view over complex projects and connection with Google Calendar is stellar.

ClickUp review by Danil D.
Danil D.

"Awesome tool by awesome team"

What do you like best?

We are a small team of devs and I've spent a lot of time searching for a good project management tool for our team. I tried maybe 20 paid and free tools. I almost started to code my own (to be honest, I did, but found this one). ClickUp has all we need: scrum board, list board, assignment, projects, lists, teams, API, time tracking, smart filtering, dark theme, custom fields, mobile app, google calendar integration...

And all these features with a super comfortable UI.

I am on the free plan so I don't use some features like Gantt chart or reports. Anyway, it helps me to control all the tasks we have.

I really love the team. I suppose they don't sleep and working hard to make the most awesome PM tool. New features are released so fast. I like that you can suggest a feature you need.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it works slow. But most of the time it's ok.

Recommendations to others considering the product

just try it

All in one place to manage a project.

ClickUp review by BudiMan J.
BudiMan J.

"Best in the business so far"

What do you like best?

Custom Status, this is what I can't find on other task managements available right now.

Also like the fact I can have multiple spaces and group because most other Task management app ask for money for this feature (please don't follow their suite).

The way this app doesn't limit new tasks per day usage and you can always delete the attachments if you're out of storage is such a gentleman way to make this app available for poor small company like me. Thanks guys :)

What do you dislike?

I would expect to have comment history. Because whenever someone deleted a comment, it just gone, maybe a log that the comment is deleted would be nice :)

I also would like to have more user management settings (like privileges and roles)

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is one of the most feature complete Task management app available right now (I mean the best free app).

Just try this out and I think you're gonna love it.

I'm using it to manage my orders for my online shop business. Now I don't double deliver an order anymore because my team knows when I already process and deliver the each order.

ClickUp review by Roy B.
Roy B.

"Getting Things Done"

What do you like best?

The flexibility within click up is fantastic.

Create spaces and projects according to your wishes, so that both personal tasks / projects and team tasks / projects can be managed in a good way. (Add customized fields, create your own statussen).

Before I used Outlook tasks in combination with OneNote for a projects and Asana for the team tasks.

I am a GTD user and now I have implemented everything within Click Up, one interface where all my tasks are centralized.

In addition, the service is in full development and regular updates appear. I'm curious what else is coming.

What do you dislike?

I Use Click Up now for several months and from three applications I went back to 1 application, filling in all the wishes I had concerning managing my tasks. So there is not something that I dislike

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just go for it. Its the best in class!

Time Management.

I am a GTD user and Click Up facilitates me with the right tools to do this well.

ClickUp review by Siddhartha D.
Siddhartha D.

"Project Management Tools Don't Have to Look Ugly"

What do you like best?

There are a lot of project management tools around which are either free, paid or have a freemium model. ClickUp to me is the leader in the Freemium segment. You can start using ClickUp knowing that most of the features are available in free version.

ClickUp offers you the look and feel of a modern day app and features wise has almost everything that you can ask for. The magic starts with the on-boarding itself. When you first create an account you know you will be using a good product. The app has integrations with lots of other apps and that makes it an ideal solution for project management. Some of the features which make us stick to ClickUp are assigning multiple users to the same task, ability to add subtask and checklist for a task, custom task status, time tracking, assigning comments to a user, adding a custom field and a good mobile app experience on top of it.

We are currently evaluating the app, however, everything is positive as compared to other similar apps we have used in past.

What do you dislike?

The only downside to ClickUp is that it does not support Agile right away. You have to create a process yourself using the existing features so that you can start Agile project management.

Another thing missing is the custom task id. Right now you have a random number generated for tasks, however, we like to track tasks based on tasks ids and having this feature would be beneficial.

The task view can be a bit cleaner as well.

We are using ClickUp in our Marketing team to manage tasks. We wanted a modern looking project management tool which is easy to adopt by people from a non-technical background as well and does not have a steep learning curve. ClickUp checks all those boxes.

ClickUp review by Chris J.
Chris J.

"Great project management tool. Clickup is simple to use, yet extremely powerful."

What do you like best?

Love the ease of use. It integrates with all the main services we use (slack, gmail, zapier) and gives us the tools we need that are behind a paywall with the competitors.

What do you dislike?

Only thing that would make me super happy would be the ability to email a task directly to clickup, however there is a plugin for gmail that lets me get the functionality I need with converting emails to tasks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend giving Clickup a trial first and ensure it meets your business needs. For me, it was a perfect fit for our company and all our team members love it! Something I never thought would be said about a project management and task management tool!

Clickup helps us keep track of our projects and tasks and helps provide the clarity we need to know how our team is working and ensure nothing falls through the cracks. It has helped make our company much more efficient and organised, as well as improve transparency with all team members.

ClickUp review by Jeremy S.
Jeremy S.

"Complete project management (crm, to do list, kanban...and on and on) system. Amazing price."

What do you like best?

This is like Asana and Airtable mixed with Trello. Calendar, list or kanban (trello view) at a click. Lists, due dates, custom statuses, duplicatable projects for repeats. I use it for my CRM other than billing. Amazing. I played with it for a few hours and got everything I had from prior systems. The simplicity and clarity is what shines for me. The free version is robust and improving regularly, the paid opens the doors for google drive storage. My google calendar is synced on the free version now. Awesome for starting off or veterans. It can even use Alexa to add as needed!

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. I had to spend some time getting to know the interface but really it was a matter of tweaking my preferences.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Simply spend some time setting up what you want. They offer several tutorials and add to it regularly. They have apps for ios and Android, so I can add when needed. It took the place of Asana. I still use trello for clients, but clickup internally. Duplicating processes really allows one to move easily with repetitive tasks.

The moment I realized I could do all the same things as 3 other tools and sync up to my calendar, I was hooked. If I wanted to organize leads on a 'trello' style board, I could. If I just wanted of things I needed to do by date, I hade that. If I wanted it in calendar form, without congesting my google calendar, I could do that. As above, I use it for a CRM, lead follow up, project management and some personal around the house kinds of things. It is easy to use, but so powerful. Also, it emails me the 'need to do' stuff. Crazy.

ClickUp review by Emilie C.
Emilie C.

"The best I've tried, and I've tried so many!"

What do you like best?

The responsiveness of the developers and their true desire to build the best project and task management software there ever was. The wonderful customer service! Task dependencies, multiple views and the ability to easily switch between them at will, custom fields and statuses, the great mobile app. There is also a really great add-on for Chrome to work from Gmail, with a time tracking tool that's easy to use. There are so many great features to customize the software to your particular situation and the way you work that I find it hard to choose the ones I like best.

What do you dislike?

I'd like Gantt charts, but this is in development and will soon no longer be an issue. Mandatory in-browser notifications are a bit annoying. I'd also like to see more integrations with third-party apps, but there's already quite a few and I've seen that more are already on the way. I really need a kind of dashboard or homepage to organize the tasks I want to focus on for the day and the week, but I've seen that this also coming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It can seem a little bit overwhelming when you first start to use ClickUp as there are so many features and customization options, but I recommend experimenting before you decide on a structure you'd like to use and features that work for you. You can use as many or as few as you want and really personalize your experience. Take advantage of the wonderful knowledge base and tutorials available on ClickUp's website to see all the possibilities and even give you a few ideas.

Organization, time tracking, prioritization and project management in general. It helps a lot making sure you don't forget anything down the road and staying productive, both personally and as a team.

ClickUp review by Alberto Nahum G.
Alberto Nahum G.

"Great to improve my productivity"

What do you like best?

I like the whole interface and how easy and intuitive it is to handle. And, of course, the customer service is the best I have seen in a long time. I use it only for myself (I am an academic, father of four), but it has been constructive to boost my productivity and do not miss a deadline for the kids. I have linked it to my Google Calendar and it is very useful for everything.

What do you dislike?

Perhaps, there should be a better option to see your "to-do tasks" for the day (comprising all your different spaces. They send you an email when they are due, but I guess it could be a default view for the mobile version, for example. But, I mean, it is a great product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. The people working on it really give you the sense that they care about you, constantly improving things and innovating. I am a single customer (use it just for myself), but it is a great tool.

I am more organized, mainly. I have more control over my "whens." and how every process is going.

ClickUp review by Katherine L.
Katherine L.

"Click-Up, Upping businesses across the board!"

What do you like best?

Probably the best value for the money. We were in between monday.com and airtable and then this came up in our search along with multiple other businesses. The choice was a clear one, Monday.com did not have the friendly pricing structure for small businesses and airtable did not have robust features as click-up. Very responsive and a very active and kind support and developing team. They actually pay attention to your support requests and then build new features based on the gaps they notice with users. Click Up seems to find that perfect application balance navigating through multiple team members, projects, and taks. The ability to have different overviews of the projects and the users' dashboards definitely contributes to Click up being more than just project management tool, but also standard operations processes at a very high level with a very intuitive layout.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I can think of is that I would like a bit more integration options, but with zapier I am able to do whatever I need.

Project Management, staff management, time-line managment.

ClickUp review by Katherine S.
Katherine S.

"Trial in Progress"

What do you like best?

We like that we can see what everyone is doing, and gives us the flexibility to view things in different ways. I find that this has allows us to migrate over to this program compared to other management softwares in the past. It is common for people to like their way of doing things; and I find that it gives everyone the flexibility to view it how they'll work best - I find that this is giving us a better success rate compared to other softwares that were not as flexible.

We also like that staff that don't necessarily need to be assigned to the task can be listed as watchers -allowing them to easily keep an eye on tasks that they don't need to be specifically involved in.

I love that they have made it so easy to see suggested features, add suggestions and see what is planned

What do you dislike?

We are still working things out, and have only integrated it into one part of our business so far, however being able to set up a template for a task would make our lives easier. Currently you can set up templates for projects and lists, but not tasks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Set up some change management strategies to keep on top of it and ensure it is being implemented.

Throughout the office we are using click up for Task management, collaboration, communication and general efficiency. It is allowing us to see where staff are overloaded with work, while other staff are sitting idle. We are intending on using click up to help us be more efficient and eventually be able to distribute smaller, less significant tasks to junior staff to free up senior staff.

ClickUp review by Bill M.
Bill M.

"I've tried them all. This one does it right."

What do you like best?

Granted there are a few key pieces my team needs to fully implement, I envision ClickUp to be our go to, but it's all on their roadmap and they are cranking out updates left and right. ALL based on user feedback. They are very responsive and genuinely listen to their customers. Over many years I've tried them all. Most times I've defaulted to a macro heavy, custom built, ridiculous excel spreadsheet because I could make it do everything that ClickUp is building. Seriously they are in my head! Key differentiators: TEMPLATES!!, hierarchy, multiple view options, commenting capabilities, chrome extensions and integrations, among many others. Also the ability to keep out cluttered options that I don't need for my business.

What do you dislike?

They are still young, but that isn't really a dislike, just a statement. Their are a few key pieces needed. But they are actively building them and listening to users on their boards. GANTT charts, client / read only views, form submission, for example.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Experiment with it! They provide a great demo with pieces already loaded to explain features. Also watch their youtube videos and follow their feature request board and knowledge base. Their live chat is always a great resource, and you know it is a real live, passionate clickUp'r on the other end.

As an in-house marketing / creative services team for a property management company, covering 4 widely different clients: Business Partners, Property support for Affordable Housing and Senior Living, and internal associate communications, keeping transparency and track of the volume and variety of projects and tasks is essential. And being able to slice and dice the views for different roles, disciplines, clients, etc.is huge. ClickUp is/will help us do this. And help our efficiency, provide easy reporting, and make PMing fun!

ClickUp review by Gutenberg B.
Gutenberg B.

"Customizable Overview with flexible management"

What do you like best?

Several ways to filter tasks. Intuitive interface.

Very practical use due to a nice usability.

The possibility of customizing statuses (employing predefined ones, like used in kanban, scrum, and marketing or creating your own).

The possibility of having an overview of all tasks in multiple spaces and projects in a solo screen (web version).

Multiple ways of view (calendar, list, board, box).

Space inside tasks for fast notes, checklists and subtasks, and, at the same time, could transform a subtask in a task.

The possibility of minimizing the current tasks to the bottom of the screen to have a rapid access at another time.

What do you dislike?

In the web version, is not possible to simultaneously monitor the multiple teams' activities to get an overview of various projects.

Also, to move tasks from a team to another is not practical. (teams, in ClickUp, is the highest level of the hierarchy, above spaces, projects, lists, and tasks. Inside these levels, there is no problem).

Mobile apps have few functionalities and also is not possible to use filters to classify the tasks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ClickUp is easy to use, full of customizations, and allow an overview of multiple projects in a solo screen.

To manage multiple projects in different jobs and conciliate all with my private life.

ClickUp review by Barb S.
Barb S.

"Love ClickUp for Project Management"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to use on desktop AND mobile! I love the notifications it sends when you have a task due. I love how easy it is to track time!

What do you dislike?

I used to have the paid version... but I dropped it back down to the free version. I wanted to add clients to my tasks... I tested this out on my wedding project and added my fiance to help me keep track of everything. I had to pay additionally for my fiance when he was more of a client-type-user instead of an admin. I've discovered I won't be adding my clients from my design business as a user since I'll have to pay additionally for them as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to stay organized, want project reminder due dates, this is THE PM tool to use! But as of now, if you need to add your client to the tasks, look elsewhere.

Organization and time tracking!!!

ClickUp review by Ricardo E.
Ricardo E.

"Incredibly complete solution"

What do you like best?

ClickUp is easy to use. I've seen people saying it's "overwhelming", but I think it's incredibly complete and flexible. New features are being added as we speak and in a pace other apps just can't keep up with. Slack integration is awesome and really useful when dealing with dozens of projects or large teams at the same time. Collaboration is a breeze.

What do you dislike?

The UI isn't as flexible as the platform itself. I also miss some "table" features, such as SUM for the custom fields. I also find the search a bit disappointing, since I can't search bu tag, for example (at least I can't find it).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it. It might look a bit intimidating to some, but it's worth the shot. Really.

I base all my daily activities on it. As a team manager, it's vital for me being able to track my employees in real time, knowing what and how they're doing and keeping trakc of all relevant information. It literally saves me hours of work everyday.

ClickUp review by Karen H.
Karen H.

"Changed my productivity"

What do you like best?

At first, I was a bit skeptical the name threw me off but I checked it out anyway. So I decided to test the features and realized it was offering me more than the system I was using without the added cost. The system I was using for my own project management was Asana but they don't offer any plans for us solos. ClickUp won me over through their connection with their community and the features they have. I mean there are a ton! Things I didn't even know I needed.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see the interface on the user side cleaned up a bit. I think it would help with the overwhelm of the features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely try it out if you have found yourself bouncing through all the systems because they didn't fit just quite right.

I've been able to remain more consistent with completing tasks which support my overall goal. Also, it's been great in helping me plan out my business. I can connect it to my main calendar and see what I have coming up and pus as a coder it has some features that really help me with organizations with its additional integrations.

ClickUp review by Alexandra H.
Alexandra H.

"Was exactly what we needed!!"

What do you like best?

I love how it organizes all the projects and task it helps us stay on track and notifies the right people of the next items they need to do. We do over 400 projects each with 50+ tasks per month and Click Up has everything we need to keep it organized and stay on track.

What do you dislike?

I do not like how we have a storage limit without paying the per usuer price. I would love to be able to just purchase more storage for my entire team without paying for the other features that come with the monthly user cost. I also do not love how there are so many customizations. It a lot that you can customize which can be overwhelming. I would also love to be able to pay for reporting on some of my team but not all my users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! It will change your workflow for the better and help you stay on track with your business in all department even upper management.

I have now been able to do more projects per month and i am able ot make sure nothing gets missed with their many features. We would not be able to continue to do what we do without Click Up

ClickUp review by Ren Z.
Ren Z.

"Satisfied Customer :)"

What do you like best?

- possibilities to have an simple and organized overview for private and work related projects

- excellent for organizing task/overview within a project team

- having different teams making it useful to separate work related things and private

- quick response from support

- constant and innovative efforts to improve the program

What do you dislike?

- it would be awesome to add email addresses to different teams, which receive notifications

e.x. I am using ClickUp for Work and for Private Tasks. It that way I can add for my Work Team my Work address for reminders, notifications and for Private Tasks my private email.

- possibility to print a whole project as pdf or export to excel with all tasks shown

Recommendations to others considering the product

- give it a try and see the increased productivity outcome

- organizing and having an overview of a wide range of projects

- I am still learning the program to, in an later stage, introduce to my colleagues and show them the benefits of using this project management tool

ClickUp review by Matt M.
Matt M.

"ClickUp kills Asana"

What do you like best?

The feature set of ClickUp kills Asana. As a solo business owner and engineer, I was looking for a “proper” project management app, including start dates and dependencies. Asana wasn’t doing this at the time I migrated away from them. I was happy to pay for their premium product, but I had to pay for a minimum 5 users. ClickUp is free to set up and I can pay for a single user. ClickUp support is crazy good. While migrating from Asana they provided outstanding chat support, and have continued to do so with any questions I have had. I love this product. You are insane if you choose Asana over ClickUp.

What do you dislike?

I love this product so these are only very minor issues. The interface is busy and takes some getting used to. The structure of “Spaces”, “Projects” and “Task Lists” should be well understood before migrating or setting up (I didn’t and I had to rebuild some projects I imported from Asana). I travel a lot and I’d love to have full functionality of the mobile app when offline as I seem to do a lot of thinking while flying.

I manage my whole life (personal and side hustle) with ClickUp. Managing simple tasks and complex projects across desktop and the mobile app.

ClickUp review by Dave C.
Dave C.

"Solid project management tool "

What do you like best?

Theres lots to love with Clickup and i'm super impressed with the speed of their development. Here's a few things that really sold me:

- The chrome app is incredible. It provides an icon in your emails (if you use gmail) to quickly create an task with the email (and its contents) in ClickUp.

- The Chrome app also has a slick time tracking tool that connects with your tasks and projects.

- Button to quickly see all the hyperlinks you have in a conversation.

- Extensive reports

- Calendar, Kanban and list view options.

- Lots of integrations

and for Asana users this one is big: If you are a solo freelancer you can upgrade to a pro plan and just buy a single account. No minimum of 5 accounts.

What do you dislike?

I'm currently on paid pro plans for Asana and Clickup. The only thing holding me back from fully switching over to Clickup is the lack of a homepage for the tasks I want to focus on for the day. In Asana this is called the "my tasks" page . I did see that this or something similar is slated for release in Dec on the roadmap. Can't wait to see it! I'm also looking forward to timeline views and resource management - both are due for release soon I believe.

Task management, Time tracking, resource planning

ClickUp review by Jessy F.
Jessy F.

"finaly a task system that works for my team"

What do you like best?

Since Producteev went down, we were stuck in a weird place. Click Up reached to us, backed up our system in theirs, then all my team integraded, they update the interface often and you can easily talk to them for questions. We recently paid for a pro version because it is in 2018 the task system that works the best. So basically, you can customize all the task, the way you put dates and priorities, you can add files to the task, we put pdf, screencaps, pictures for references, the calendar is a drag and drop.

What do you dislike?

if you have 1000 task and more, sometimes it loads slowly when you want to select them all and modify

Recommendations to others considering the product

ask them to move from your precedent app, they will do it for you

Everybody has a way to tell the others, "im working on this now". And if im out of the office, i was working on this and these are the details, so back me.

ClickUp review by Noel C.
Noel C.

"Still evaluating"

What do you like best?

Looks to be what I need to keep an eye on a range of projects involving a number of people. At this point, I'm using Clickup as a tool to help me structure and organise what we’re doing, and think more clearly about the way to organise the tasks. My colleagues are all volunteers, so something clear and simple is best. The calendar view will help, and I'm looking forward to the Gantt chart feature. I must say I'm impressed by the videos and the documentation.

What do you dislike?

At first glance it looks overwhelming. There's a lot of functionality here, and a lot of it is not required straightaway, so in my case it's harder to hide all that, but I'm learning. I would also like a more obvious way to do GTD inbox across all project, though again, I might be missing something. Still learning.

I'm not at the stage where I'm using it in anger (still checking out other options), but it is helping me think through what I need to help manage creative projects in publishing and events.

ClickUp review by Jahana U.
Jahana U.

"Amazing value for the money and always improving"

What do you like best?

I was spending $70 on a project management platform that I used myself. I was so attached. I looked for a different solution and found ClickUp for $5 per month that had all the same functionality! I love that features are always being added. Dependent tasks are a huge help, and the board view makes sense in certain situations. I basically like that I can make it whatever I want. I'm so happy I found ClickUp!

What do you dislike?

I track my time spend with clients and I appreciate the built-in time tracking. My only complaint is that I can't stop the time or go directly to the task that I'm tracking from the top menu bar. I have added it to the request list.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are so many options to personalize it and make your own. You don't have to take advantage of all functionality which makes it simple if you want it to be.

I use ClickUp for both business and personal tasks. I work from home, so it's great to have a solution that can do both. I also take notes about certain situations- like doctor recommendations or notes from a phone call about insurance. This means that I have a record of most things that take place in my life and I can reference them when I need to in the future.

ClickUp review by Mia S.
Mia S.

"ClickUp is amazing! "

What do you like best?

Everything. I love that we can assign comments to people, add recurring tasks, have calendar views, templates, you name it. It's been a game-changer for our magazine. I also love how helpful the tutorial videos are on YouTube. Every single aspect of the program is covered, so I can find it in an instant. Love it.

What do you dislike?

The only thing it doesn't have (yet) is the ability to collect info from users, via a form (kind of like in Airtable). We're a magazine and get submissions from our contributors all the time, so being able to use ClickUp for that as well would be awesome. But other than that - absolutely no complaints. ClickUp is amazing!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. There are so many amazing features that will be life-changing to you and your business.

We're a quarterly magazine, so every quarter, we go through the same launch checklist, so being able to automate our tasks each time so nothing falls through the cracks has been so awesome.

ClickUp review by Nick W.
Nick W.

"Slick work and task management app with loads of spec to boot"

What do you like best?

Hard to say. I love the switching between list and board view, the google sync works well and the time view with task scheduling, the gmail extension is super also.

What do you dislike?

At present the permissions and access for guests / clients is lacking but I hear good things are on the way so I can't wait for that to be released. Would love to see more reports like task burn-down rates for spaces and projects. And not that it's any different to other workflow apps out there but no one seems to build a Client module for these task management apps or a client relational table of some sort at least (more related to service firms perhaps). It would be so much more epic as the API would allow for much more cool stuff to happen. I'm sure it's just a matter of time but overall it's a great piece of kit and I use it daily.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Clickup is developing rapidly. Loving the weekly feature requests and product release notes. Clickup communicate really well and very active on their feature request forums. I would highly endorse giving this a trial run (or in parallel with your current system if you need).

Visualising projects and client tasks that need to be completed. Planning due dates to make sure work gets done. Collaborating with clients (guests) on finishing projects. Syncing with other online platforms where possible (slack, zapier, google cal etc). Projects have become better visualised than Asana or Trello which I have used prior and the use of spaces (like slack) lets me work the way I need to in 2018.

ClickUp review by Ateendra S.
Ateendra S.

"An Amazing Project Management Tool"

What do you like best?

ClickUp has the most comprehensive set of features which makes it the only project management tool you'll ever need. You can do *almost* everything that you'd like to do (waiting for the Gantt charts!). Apart from serving as a project management tool, I also use it as a process management and documentation tool and so far it has been a wonderful experience.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike. The features that are missing and the ones that the community desires are usually worked on by the ClickUp team and released soon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just go for it, it'll be the best decision you ever made when it comes to project management.

I use ClickUp for project management as well as project management/documentation. It has helped me save a lot of time and manage things well. Previously, I used a number of things to manage the processes that I have and with ClickUp, everything is now in one place and I can just open the project to go through the processes for a client.

ClickUp review by Carissa K.
Carissa K.

"Why use another system?"

What do you like best?

So user friendly! I've used a few types of task management systems and Clickup is the easiest to get into. The layout makes total sense and I'm able to find everything I'm looking for.

What do you dislike?

So far, my only issue is that all tasks do not load in a list view. You have to scroll down the page to get the rest of the tasks to show. I would appreciate a list view that shows all tasks at once or allows you to choose how many to show on a page.

It would also be great if we could sort by tags in the list view as one of the columns or search by tags. if I've tagged an item as "training issue' simply searching that in the search bar doesn't show all tasks with that tag.

We implemented a new finance system globally and had our users email us for help. We were quickly overwhelmed by the number of responses and couldn't organize our team's time for priority tasks. We've been able to categorize tasks in ClickUp and focus on what's most important first. We also save time by tagging our team members in an issue we need help with. You get a link straight to the task so there's never any confusion about what issue we're talking about!

ClickUp review by Jeff P.
Jeff P.

"Tried many, ClickUp met my needs best"

What do you like best?

I tried many project management platforms, including Freedcamp, Trello, Asana, and others. ClickUp had the best, free offering for my needs. Tasks, subtasks, teams, calendars, multiple views (List, Board, and Calendar) as well as clients for iOS, Android, and Web - ClickUp has everything you need for straightforward project management.

What do you dislike?

I have some problems with the iOS client showing closed tasks when I have it set to hide them. Other platforms have additional features, like project discussion boards (ClickUp does have task-based comments) that some may need, but I prefer to use Slack for that anyway.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Different tools have a different feature set, so clearly define your requirements before evaluating. For it's feature set, ClickUp's implementation is good and the product is very easy to use.

We are a small consulting business with a larger client base and ClickUp provides us with a great way to keep projects organized and to keep clients informed of progress.

ClickUp review by Frances C.
Frances C.

"Best Robust Free Project Management Tool"

What do you like best?

I love the custom status options and the ability to prioritize tasks. Being able to apply dates to subtasks is huge (sorry Trello). This option has really helped me break down my big projects into smaller chucks and have it not feel overwhelming. Also, I can see all my tasks that are due on mobile which makes it super easy to stay on track when I am on the go.

What do you dislike?

I really need offline capabilities which ClickUp doesn't offer. I also wish you see the description of a project on mobile. That would cut down the number of tasks I need to create so the info is always available to me. Otherwise, I haven't much that I don't like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just keep at it, it will make sense. And utilize the help docs and videos and their live chat, they are amazing! If you need to track anything with a date, ClickUp is your answer!

Seeing all my tasks I have due, on a page in one list was the primary reason I switch from Trello to ClickUp to manage all my tasks and projects. The other big benefit I have found so far is that I can apply dates to subtasks!! The custom statuses really help me track what's opem, in progress or on hold across every project. And I can track it all in one location, one view.

Learning about ClickUp?

* We monitor all ClickUp reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.