You got it right, simple!
It got me excited from the start and I come from far: Excel / GTD Next / Todoist premium / Trello / Asana / now 100% Clickup ! Well 95, because I still love how todoist allows me to get some quick tasks entered and done !
- It's accessible (not overpaid to get access to all that cool stuff for individuals or small teams ).
- It's a good looking design with attention to ergonomic.
- Priority, customisable status (as opposed to using tags in other software), time logged, task dependencies, start dates are premium features that you can access for free with Clickup. For this it's 10/10 and thank you for allowing this.
- On top of that, you have a box view (great for overviewing multiple projects), list view (classic), board view (beats Asana one by far and has nothing to envy from Trello), and a time view (great to move tasks in the months or see what's coming). If a gantt chart comes as well, I say hallelujah!
- Plus so many little things missing that you integrated as well like individual clickapps, checklists, actionable comments... that's just awesome and unique !
- The team seems reactive on the request forum and that's appreciated.
- N°1 and most important disklike: Mobile app is non usable for me simply because it does not work offline. I travel a lot for work and I constantly come up with ideas I want to add in my projects and I also use the travel time to check what needs to be done and prioritize things. If you have a bad connection or no connection at all, you simply can't do it with ClickUp. I had the same issue with Asana. Only Todoist was giving me satisfaction. That's a massive dark spot in my workflow.
- Apart from this, performance needs to be improved. Changes, navigation is lagging. It's heavy and requires optimisation. It's not horrible, but sometimes I have to reload the page if the connection isn't good as well, that's frustrating.
- I can't seem to really take advantage of subtasks as it works like Asana (it opens a new window with its own settings, yet it's limited in some ways... hard to describe but it's a heavy process. Checklists is brilliant, but there is some simplicity missing in the substasks. Maybe I need to have a look at todoist again see how they are doing it and edit this review)
- Task dependencies is too slow to setup. I've commented on the request forum, it's heavy to search for a dependency and can be improved.
- I'd like to see more integration with Outlook 2016/2019. Emails are not integrated properly so I still require follow up, task management in outlook....
Well I'm managing all projects in my company using ClickUp. I'd like to get my team to use it but I need more tweaking and it might a bit too geeky for them (small company). It's the only tool that allowed me to simply keep track on the hundreds of things I need to do and all the company's project better than the CRM!
Personally, I'm also using it for life projects and It does the job well.