Want to see who topped the 2019 Best Software Awards?

ClientSuccess

(89 reviews)

ClientSuccess is revolutionizing SaaS management, growth, and retention with it's Customer Success Management Platform

Work for ClientSuccess?

Learning about ClientSuccess?

ClientSuccess Reviews

Showing 89 ClientSuccess reviews
ClientSuccess review by Shannon K.
Shannon K.

"Love "

What do you like best?

I like the ability to keep all of our customers organized and keep track of the interactions we have with them. With multiple people on our Customer Success team and many clients to manage it allows us to assign tasks to each other, track the health of each of the accounts, keep mindful of upcoming deadlines, and ensure the success of each of our customers. I use it on a daily basis and I don't know what I would do without it helping me keep organized and focused. I also love the support from the support staff at Client Success - Sam Feil is super helpful.

What do you dislike?

I don't really have any complaints - it truly makes my job easier!

Client Success streamlines our communication and collaboration. It keeps us organized and focused on long-term customer success goals. It allows us to implement personal and team goals and create plans surrounding them. It allows us to track our activity and ensure we are reaching out tactfully to each of our accounts.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about ClientSuccess
ClientSuccess review by Marisa P.
Marisa P.

"Good Product, Better People"

What do you like best?

Of any software I have implemented, ClientSuccess has the best people on their team by far. They don't hesitate to go above and beyond and you truly feel that they are personally invested in your success as a Customer Success team, not just in your success utilizing the product. The product itself is clean, modern, easy to use and easy to train others on. Integrations were set up in under 5 minutes, and their knowledge base gets better by the day. I'm excited to see where they take this product in the future.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I dislike, there are only features I wish I had or could add to the roadmap. Some nice to haves would be a mobile app, better reporting features (custom reports/views), ability to sync tasks to salesforce, ability to pull salesforce opportunities and stages into ClientSuccess. This being said, my CSM is awesome and has taken all feedback to the product team and returned with updates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a unique product or a CSM team that is just starting off, you can't do any better than ClientSuccess. They will hold your hand through the roadblocks, brainstorm with you on processes, and generally be there to support you in any way they can.

Our client relationships were living within the inboxes of three members, and each internal team was working in silos. ClientSuccess has allowed us to open more channels of communication internally, implement better reporting processes, and ultimately allows us to ensure we are aligned to client expectations.

What Customer Success solution do you use?

ClientSuccess review by Maheen M.
Maheen M.

"Great Customer Success Platform"

What do you like best?

ClientSuccess' user interface is so easy to use. It is very easy to navigate and get all the necessary customer information at your fingertips. I love the Pulse concept of making sure each CSM updates their Pulse about their customers in a timely manner. I love SuccessCycles as well - being able to automating my playbooks with ease. Also, I would have to say they have awesome Customer Support and Customer Success teams. We have an excellent level of support from the ClientSuccess team.

What do you dislike?

There are limitations on the Salesforce integrations. I know the ClientSuccess team is currently working on this to resolve some of these gaps. We were not able to use the reporting because our Salesforce integration did not match how ClientSuccess was setup. Also, we were not able to get our usage data in ClientSuccess easily. This is still something we are working through from our implementation phase.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you double check if the Salesforce integration works for your Salesforce setup. Also double check the requirement for getting usage data in ClientSuccess.

We had a tough time getting the CS team aligned on capturing customer data and health. We now have a centralized place with all the key information. The ClientSuccess is an integral part of our day-to-day as Customer Success organization. I am able to setup playbooks very quickly using their SuccessCycles; our playbooks are now automated and the team can leverage them with ease.

ClientSuccess review by Diya S.
Diya S.

"Excellent people, evolving product."

What do you like best?

The team at CS is fantastic! CSMs Sam and Cole have been absolute stars, always willing to help and suggest best practices. They are patient and really listen to our needs are and then offer a solution. A big shout out to to David in support who has been friendly and proactive in chasing bugs or issues. They are open to feature suggestions and are transparent about what's being rolled out and what isn't in the pipeline.

As a product, CS is a good fit to manage our client base. With a growing global team, CS has filled the gap for a centralised repository for accounts which is different from a CRM used mostly for sales.

It's taken the team to get used to it (it's one more thing to do!) but a simple habit of adding a Pulse after every client interaction suddenly gives an entirely different view on how we're doing.

The best part about working with CS is they speak our language. Being a client to people who do what you do, is a fantastic resource of learning. These are opportunities to improve your own customers' experience.

Within the product, I really like the ability to drag and rearrange columns, sort with one click and customise your view using segments and/or filters. We are yet to use email automation but we've started the process and really keen to be able to reach out to clients automatically at scale.

Implementing CS made us stop and revisit our processes. We critically examined our on-boarding and the resulting SuccessCycle is a vastly improved version of what we used to do. Sam encouraged us to take the time to do this exercise and we're much better off for it.

There are a lot of great little useful features like bulk editing, daily alerts, time based tasks, viewing any CSM's clients etc. We're still relatively new to CS but are excited to utilise it's functionality more and more.

What do you dislike?

It's not really a dislike but it's not easy to retrospectively update client records eg - applying different SuccessCycles or badges to each contact which is crucial for email automation. I've been told the API documentation could be made more helpful.

Our biggest problem was visibility - visibility on where clients are at in their journey. CS is helping us in this through stats on last engagement, product usage, upcoming renewals and associated risks etc.

ClientSuccess review by Brianna S.
Brianna S.

"Very Intuitive Customer Success Platform"

What do you like best?

I love being able to see quick snapshots of customer engagement and satisfaction; when the client was last contacted, success score, when renewal is, etc. The product itself is intuitive, easy to use, and designed nicely. This tool really helps me stay organized, and keep better track of my customers. I find that I am able to engage with my customers more effectively and efficiently after using this tool.

What do you dislike?

Reporting is a bit thin currently. Would like to be able to have more customized options- such as pulling reports by certain dates, adjusting quarter dates, etc.

Integrating with Salesforce, being able to see a more accurate snapshot of revenue, engaging better and more often with customers. Looking forward to be able to use this ClientSuccess to receive accurate information on how customers engage with our product in 2019.

ClientSuccess review by Sara R.
Sara R.

"Great CS tool for smaller orgs"

What do you like best?

ClientSuccess is very easy to use, provides great visibility for a growing team, and has several very valuable and easy to setup integrations. Also, the available reports and corresponding visuals are really helpful in building out metrics for a new CS team.

What do you dislike?

I wish we could create more custom fields. We're currently a bit limited in the number of fields we can currently add to the account details. I also would love to be able to pull the data from the custom fields to calculate a data driven pulse score to more objectively measure the pulse of our customers.

One big problem that ClientSuccess has solved for us is bringing visibility to our CS and AM teams. We have CSMs and AMs reaching out to our customers and need a single place to track the latest updates for each customer. The gmail and Zendesk integrations have been extremely helpful in addressing this problem as they provide visibility into the latest communications that have been sent as well as any open support items.

ClientSuccess review by Christine L.
Christine L.

"Director, Customer Success"

What do you like best?

Simplicity of the interface, Customer Service approach

What do you dislike?

Would like more flexibility in the widgets, would really be able to take this sofware use to the next level if there was a way to share some of the information in the system with customers, such as running meeting minutes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think when compared to other tools in the market, the clientsuccess system is great for emerging start ups. It's so easy to set up, clean to use and easy to maintain. Their customer success team is also wonderful to work with.

As our business is scaling, we want to get more out of clientsuccess. I think clientsuccess made a solid business decision in choosing simplicity. The ripple effect is that now that we've been using the system for over a year and our business is scaling, we are looking for more configurability, more functionality, more reporting, and scheduled exports. It's a great company and forward looking folks. The team there has been a very good partner to us.

We are primarily able to keep a pulse on customer satisfaction and provide visibility to leadership on current and historical customer sat.

We use this less for any financial management. However with the addition of more integrations with Salesforce, we are seeing more ability to track upsells and renewals in Clientsuccess.

We want this tool to be the hub for our CS team. We are not quite there and need additional functionality and flexibility in the configuration tools to make this happen, but we really like working with clientsuccess.

ClientSuccess review by Michelle D.
Michelle D.

"Robust Customer Success platform"

What do you like best?

An accurate gauge of customer satisfaction.

Great for viewing a current snapshot of where all customers are in their journey.

Love that it automatically pulls in email interactions and assigns it to the customer's account.

Love their support! Elisha is quick to respond and a pleasure to work with.

What do you dislike?

Reporting is not where it needs to be for us as we'd like more historical reporting options available (e.g. reporting month to month comparison or progress from previous quarters). Currently, Tasks are the only way to show historical information of when previous items were complete. In the Report options, it's more of a current snapshot, however, some areas allow you to see a comparison of the previous 7 days.

While reporting isn't where we need it to be, it is improving as they take feedback well and their support team helps provide us exports of data to work around the reporting shortcomings.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Primarily targets SaaS companies which utilize the subscription model for gauging customer value. As our pricing model uses Salesforce opportunities, we don't benefit from these aspects and don't have options for upselling.

Primarily used for tracking customer success, wins, onboarding stages, business challenges, and where our product/service may fall short for customers.

Understanding current status of new customers, and who is managing their account.

Pulse has been a great indicator for understanding customer health which relates more to interactions rather than a formulated figure which may not accurately reflect customer's level of success or satisfaction.

ClientSuccess review by Avi A.
Avi A.

"Great light weight CS platform that "

What do you like best?

As we scale the CS team we needed a tool that will enable us to manage the customers more effectively and with better visibility and after evaluating many CS platforms it was clear that Clientsuccess is the best fit for us. one of the key factors was the ease of use and integration. We were up and running in a couple of weeks and gaining value from day 1. Clientsuccess was exactly what I was looking for my current needs that included better visibility into the customers' health and current status, managing playbooks, tasks, reporting etc. Their biggest asset of Clientsuccess is their people from sales to legal and customer success they were all super professional and kind.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see their reporting improve and offer more custom reports and scheduled reports. Also, I'd love to be able to create templates for meetings summaries, weekly status updates etc. lastly it will be nice to tag some of the engagements (notes, emails etc.) they have and search by tags.

As we scale the CS team we needed a tool that will enable us to manage the customers more effectively and with better visibility .

ClientSuccess review by Vic K.
Vic K.

"Great platform to revamp Customer Experience team"

What do you like best?

The right information in the right place. It allowed NarrativeDx to develop a system of tracking our clients in a visually appealing and organized way. The functionality in the platform is robust enough to be beneficial and also customizable enough to be meaningful to our particular company. You also get a CSM to guide you along in your onboarding and adoption journey. They talk the talk and walk the walk.

What do you dislike?

The dashboards and reports are great and cover almost everything we need. It would be great to have custom reporting built in to the platform, but you can ask their support team run any analysis on the back end as needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for organizations wanting to get started with customer success.

Having a solid foundation for our customer experience team and building on that to support onboarding, value stream/adoption, renewals, and reporting. We have realized almost all of these just by getting our thoughts and ideas into the platform. The onboarding process with CS was organized and thorough, ensuring we were prepared and had the right resources to be successful. Sam has been a great CSM and supportive throughout the journey.

ClientSuccess review by Christian K.
Christian K.

"Client Success - A great fit for small and growing Customer Success Departments"

What do you like best?

Easy Onboarding Process / Success Cycles / Success Scores / Reporting

What do you dislike?

We have not discovered any dislikes while using Customer Success

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great fit for small organizations that are growing in Customers Size and Staff Size

We are a growing Customer Success department (growing in staff size and customer size). Client Success has helped us streamline our success cycles and provided us with an ability to build customized Success Scores to objectively judge each account. As we are growing, the software has allowed me to quickly assign tasks to my staff and see the activity and pulse associated with each account. The onboarding process has been seamless and our contact at Client Success has been extremely helpful in terms of getting us started and providing best practices / tips.

ClientSuccess review by Administrator

"Great option for managing clients"

What do you like best?

This platform is ideal for implementing success cycles and tracking progress of clients. I appreciate the pulse so that I can get a feel for each of my clients when I go in for touches. I also really like that it pulls in all email interactions with my clients - very helpful. Sorting by different categories is helpful as well.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the way it sends reminders to me about clients that need attention. We work for a smaller company, so it's necessary I have Global Settings, but we have a lot of clients. I'm unable to get the notifications to funnel through my clients only, so that feature is useless but very much wanted and needed.

Edit to update: Our ClientSucess account manager reached out to help me fix these issues. It's possible to adjust the settings to allow my accounts needing attention while still having Global Settings, it's just based on role. A+ on the personal engagement from ClientSuccess and their proactive response.

I'm not a huge fan of the way email automations are sent out - it's based on contact type rather than company, but other than that I like that the feature is available.

Keeping track of where people land in their training path and full visibility on interactions. I love the Zendesk integration so we can view our Support tickets within the platform.

ClientSuccess review by Mike H.
Mike H.

"Great Instrument for Gauging Churn Risk and Expansion Opportunities"

What do you like best?

While CS has a lot of features to choose from the Zendesk and Salesforce integrations have been major time savers for me. The SuccessScore is also a key feature we are starting to us to better monitor relationship health.

What do you dislike?

I don't find CS's task management tools to be as user friendly as other platforms I have used. for that reason I tend to use CS as a place to capture client data, track progress, and gauge opportunities/risks, but I run my day to day tasks elsewhere. Which isn't to say that CS's task management tools are poor, it's just not my preferred UI.

Our biggest need is to forecast expansion and churn waves far enough in advance that we can maximize expansion potential and minimize or even counteract churn effects. While there are still a lot of unknowns we are definitely getting better in our predictions and CS is a big part of that. Also, a CSM or Account Manager's job involves a lot of freeform work but we want to create consistency and therefore efficiency where we can. CS has helped our team to be more uniform in how we work day-to-day

ClientSuccess review by Cameron K.
Cameron K.

"A perfect Customer Success tool! "

What do you like best?

Client Success has helped our organization go from using 3/4 tools to manage our clients, to having all the insight and data we need to excel in one location. Everything about Client Success is meant to make managing all steps of a client lifecycle a measurable event leading to growth for your organization.

What do you dislike?

There are limited integrations with support platforms and sales platforms, but I know this is something that their team is looking to improve on over the course of the next few months.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The product is extremely easy to use, and the support in setting up your account is fantastic. The overall use of the platform is very intuitive, so don't expect to get caught up!

Client Success has solved the problem of efficiently managing various contracts and success cycles for clients spanning from small organizations to enterprise clients.

ClientSuccess review by Oliver G.
Oliver G.

"A tool specifically built around your Customer Success needs "

What do you like best?

ClientSuccess gives me visibility of where to best direct my time and gives me a much better understanding of how my accounts are performing. Having previously used Salesforce, ClientSuccess is much clearer to navigate and helps make decisions on the best actions to take to improve the performance of an account.

What do you dislike?

Integration with Salesforce and moving over details was a little clunky at first however once all of the data was eventually pulled across correctly it is well worth doing.

Much more clarity on interactions with clients and which clients need some attention, being able to order by when you have last engaged with the client to setting to-do's on next actions.

ClientSuccess review by Brent L.
Brent L.

"The perfect balance for a company with no prior Customer Success system"

What do you like best?

As a company with no prior formal Customer Success system in place, ClientSuccess appeared to be the best bang for the buck during our initial search. We found the price to be very reasonable for the features advertised.

After signing on, everyone on their team displayed a commitment to understanding our needs and guiding us through each step of the implementation process. The built-in integrations were all simple to use, and supported by step-by-step knowledgebase articles. It was great to be able to tap into our existing systems for ticketing, CRM, financials, emails, and more.

The product itself is nicely designed, intuitive, and easy to use for our staff. It is already proving to give us insight on matters that we simply didn't have a good feel for when information existed in several disconnected systems.

What do you dislike?

We had to commit to the time and effort it took to setup integrations and import certain information that we didn't have in a perfect format to easily integrate. For example, we had to import subscription information from our financial system since we didn't have that flowing in Salesforce. It would have been nice to have had another existing integration with our financial system, but it honestly wasn't something we were expecting anyway. The biggest amount of work there had to do with cleaning up our own data, so it was really no fault of ClientSuccess.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Coming from a company that did not have a Customer Success system in place (or department for that matter) prior to choosing ClientSuccess, I highly recommend this platform to get you started. Their support staff is excellent and it is easy to either integrate with your other existing platforms (like CRM or ticketing) or import data (like subscriptions). They also seemed much cheaper than other options out there, like GainSight.

Our prior issues surrounded having data in various disconnected systems that each department used separately. It was particularly difficult to gauge the overall health of a customer. We know that if we keep engagement high with our customers and lookout for certain factors, we can stand a better chance of keeping them happy and renewing year over year. We had just created a brand new position/department with a Director of Customer Success, so we needed a tool for him to use to track his work and identify trouble areas.

We are already finding insights by having multiple data points being pulled into one place to look at from a higher level perspective. This was the tool that we agreed upon after conducting a thorough search and we have been very happy with it since.

ClientSuccess review by Nina W.
Nina W.

"Great CS platform for younger orgs"

What do you like best?

Easy and quick implementation and integrations to external tools like SFDC. Terrific support team with Sam and Elisha, and they're open to product feedback and enhancements. Easy to use interface, very clean, and easy to understand/set up.

What do you dislike?

Platform can be a bit buggy. Doesn't hit every one of our needs- we offer different subscription types like trials and they aren't able to accommodate those as effectively as we need. Would also be great if they integrated into gcal so we can track calls and meetings with clients automatically.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely a great tool to use if your team doesn't have the budget or internal resources to implement something like Gainsight or Totango. Client Success is definitely a workhorse and can get the job done. It may not be a tool that your team can stay with indefinitely but I would say for any startup at least that it would take care of you for 2-3 years in. Couple the product with their terrific customer success team (shout out to Sam!) Client Success is a great way to get your CS org up and running.

We needed a robust and clean way to manage our clients, their info (subscription and account details), that could be shared amongst our team and across departments. CS is able to do this effectively for us and has helped us streamline our communication processes with our clients.

ClientSuccess review by Administrator

"Client Success will have what you need soon..."

What do you like best?

I like that they actually listen to their customers and try their best to provide value. We held almost monthly on-sites because we were both local which was helpful for team usage, communication, and adoption of new features.

What do you dislike?

They are just a little behind when it comes to the rolling out of new features and agility. Their support used to be amazing but recently they have relied more on their Help Center articles and it is not as clear or helpful as it used to be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Their integrations with Salesforce have dramatically improved and I am confident they will right the ship in support but it needs a lot of help.

We track client relationships and communication between zendesk, recurly, Salesforce, google sheets, and talk desk. This helps us track the customer lifecycle and how our relationship building efforts are going with our customers.

ClientSuccess review by Cal H.
Cal H.

"The Most Simple, yet, Powerful CSM Tool I've Used"

What do you like best?

ClientSuccess is hands down the simplest and most intuitive B2B enterprise SaaS application I've ever experienced. I'm confident that anyone could log in and immediately know how to use the application. The UX is natural and just the way you'd hope it would be. Each feature is straightforward to use but yields so much ROI because it solves the problem of letting things "slip through the cracks" with customers.

Full disclosure, I've implemented ClientSuccess at two different companies now, and it continues to amaze my team and me. I would recommend ClientSuccess to any Customer Success leader striving to operationalize CS best practices and a system to make it happen.

What do you dislike?

The only reason I didn't give it a 10 is that the subscription management integration with Salesforce didn't work as seamless as I had hoped. Mind you; it's not an easy task to build a "one size fits all' integration with Salesforce as there are an infinite number of ways companies can configure and structure their Salesforce data, workflows, etc. The SFDC integration wasn't all that bad as I was able to complete the integration in a matter of days instead of months like some of ClientSuccess' competitors.

I understand ClientSuccess is a rapidly growing company and they're very focused on developing the core application, though I hope to see their team exploring additional third-party integrations such as Intercom, FullStory, Pendo, etc. The "To-Do" section also has a lot of potentials to be even stronger than it is today by just adding in team member-to-team member direct-mentions and chat/thread capabilities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for rapid implementation and time-to-value, then ClientSuccess is just for you. It has all of the powerful features of some of the larger CSM tool incumbent companies, but it's more cost effective, higher ROI, easier to administer, and you don't need a computer science degree to learn how to get the most out of the application.

No brainer here - I am primarily focused on increasing customer retention and ARPA. Just doing some back of the napkin math, I could easily state that my team has saved at least 8-10% of our customers churning over the six months we've had ClientSuccess. That's very meaningful in my business, any business really. It's a material amount of MRR we've saved, and ClientSuccess gave me to tools and early warning signals that allowed me to identify those customers that needed a little extra love quickly.

I lead our CSM & Operations team, so I also strive to improve my team's productivity and effectiveness. Before ClientSuccess, our customer data was very fragmented and located in multiple disparate systems (Zendesk, Google Sheets, Asana, Trello, Salesforce, our core SaaS application). Yeah, if you're reading this, you know what I'm talking about. My team members spent at least 20-30 minutes to scavenge across all of these systems to get the current status of a customer and prep for a client call. With ClientSuccess, they spend 5 minutes, tops, opening the client's account and quickly catching up to their health level, most recent engagements, lifecycle status, etc. My team loves it. They no longer have to chase down other team members to get verbal updates from others. I would say that ClientSuccess yields a 20-30% boost in productivity for my team members. That's less time looking for data and more time on the phone with our customers.

For me, from a productivity perspective, it used to be a BEAR to create a customer health report. I remember when I first started at Zype, it would take me a minimum of 6-8 hours to gather, scrub, and massage all of this data into an elementary customer health report. What a headache. Now, I log into ClientSucces, click a couple of buttons, and within minutes I have my customer health report. It's been a godsend for me.

ClientSuccess review by Daniel F.
Daniel F.

"Robust Customer Success platform integrates well with other tools"

What do you like best?

As managers, ClientSuccess gives us much better visibility across our customer base on who's most most important to us, who's coming up for renewal, and who's happy or not happy. Day to day, it's a great tool for our sales, support and customer success people to stay in touch on customer issues and opportunities. The ClientSuccess API enabled us to build integrations with other tools such as our website, CRM and subscription billing system.

What do you dislike?

API docs when we started were pretty limited, but have been improving steadily. The API hasn't been perfect, especially on error handling, and some newer endpoints are still being debugged and documented, but this too is getting better over time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Implementing any system like this requires an internal commitment, and executive sponsorship. Your customer data is never as clean as you think, and there will be work involved in getting it loaded. Persevere since the payoff is worth the effort.

As a software company ourselves, we transitioned from permanent licenses + annual support to a subscription license and pricing model over the last 2.5 years. This put a (harsh new) light on renewals and churn, and on how much we really knew about how customers were doing, a few months after a sale. We put serious effort into customer success practice generally, and implementing ClientSuccess as a tool ... and this is paying off, both in "saving" customers who would otherwise churn, and in identifying upgrade and expansion opportunities.

ClientSuccess review by Shane M.
Shane M.

"Most valuable and intuitive CS tool I've used"

What do you like best?

GREAT design. Seriously though, of all the CS tools out there, Client Success was designed to be beautiful and simple to use. In the era of the consumerization of enterprise software, I'm surprised more B2B tools are still so cumbersome to use and lack great UI and design.

As a VP of Customer Success, I also appreciate how much easier this has made it to manage and measure each of my team members. It's created clarity and insight into how each of them are doing and what's expected of them.

What do you dislike?

Health score is still manual entry process and I wish that it could incorporate more automated data points so that I could get snapshots of company health at a glance without my reps needing to weigh in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

One of the things we've loved the most about CS is that it's actually informed and improved our Customer Success play book. The success cycles have given us new ideas of how to manage the entire customer life cycle in a proactive way.

Renewals, up/cross sells and engagement.

ClientSuccess review by David C.
David C.

"Great Platform!"

What do you like best?

It's a great centralized platform to help you keep track of your customers and better understand the whole picture of an accounts health.

What do you dislike?

There's no option to log all emails from all users of a specific email domain. This way you can keep track of ALL communication without having to add each individual contact.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worth trying out and knowing the product

Understanding the customer life cycle, mitigating risk, & keeping track of multiple accounts.

ClientSuccess helps to keep you on track with all of your customers, following the checklist per account, as well as seeing the big picture with your overall book of business.

ClientSuccess review by Jake D.
Jake D.

"Great Platform, Lots of Potential"

What do you like best?

I really like working with my account manager. He is open to feedback and suggestions. The company is also very open with current functional limitations and plans for the future. I like how I am able to create a customized scorecard and see a history of my client's success score.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that we are not able to integrate directly with our billing software or with our current phone software to automatically log calls in Client Engagement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider your use case and what data you want to be displayed where. They are great to work with and open to exploring all use cases.

Client Success allows us to house most of our client information in one spot. Through reporting, it can provide daily direction and clients to focus on. It would also be nice to customize the client dashboard.

ClientSuccess review by Priscilla Z.
Priscilla Z.

"New CS solution that is simple to use and powerful"

What do you like best?

-The collaboration between the ClientSuccess team and ours to set up our account to fit our needs

-Filtering makes it easy to see what you need and take action

-SuccessCycles! They allow us to define the customer journey from the onset

-Dedicated CSM (Sam!) who is cares about us and our needs. He's also happy to share use cases from other customers which helps us streamline the way we use ClientSuccess

What do you dislike?

-It takes a little while to set up and get all the elements you need in the system (but most robust tools do)

-I'm not a fan of how the Success Score is currently calculated. It doesn't take into account what important events our users are doing in our application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've been in Customer Success in San Francisco for 2.5 years. Our startup implemented other CS software previously and it ultimately flopped. I've been in those shoes. Good news is there is good software out there! If you are a CS driven organization and you have a need to organize your CS activity, I recommend checking out this solution.

-Finally I can stay on top of upcoming renewals! Believe it or not this information was hard to find before ClientSuccess. Although renewals are an ongoing conversation, the core benefit to this is churn mitigation.

-I'm able to see who my customers are which keeps me focused. Again this was something hard to find before ClientSuccess.

-Tasks, to dos, and SuccessCycles help me stay on a regular cadence with my customers. Before, it was all over the place.

ClientSuccess review by Ashley M.
Ashley M.

"Intuitive and easy to use platform - love it! "

What do you like best?

The ClientSuccess platform is very user-friendly and provides great real-time data so, at any time, I can know what is happening in an account.

What do you dislike?

I am looking forward to the new reporting features coming in the spring as my company starts its fiscal year in February and currently it's hard to pull reports by quarter.

We are solving knowing our monthly recurring revenue using ClientSuccess as well as managing the customer interaction. The tool is great if there's employee turnover so you can pick up with an account and know all the communication that has happened with the email integration feature.

ClientSuccess review by Margaret L.
Margaret L.

"Intuitive, Effective Platform"

What do you like best?

Central location for the information I need when working with clients. We love the Pulse feature and the recent enhancements to Success Score. Our CSM has been great in helping us keep on top of the latest features and sharing best practices!

What do you dislike?

There are a few enhancements to the Salesforce integration we would like to see. The team is working on these and we are excited for when the enhancements are released.

It has helped us standardize our process and made it easy to report on. We are a new team and the tool/people have helped us stand up our team.

ClientSuccess review by Kyle B.
Kyle B.

"Definitely a key component to leveling-up our CS team"

What do you like best?

CS is intuitive. Most likely because it's the only CS platform created by actual CS gurus. We did a seriously thorough platform vetting when we were in our selection phase and ClientSuccess is the only platform that approaches the SaaS solution for CS from a true CSM angle. We're now able to be more proactive in our client communication and don't lose sight of our more seasoned clients - in fact, we're now able to continuously add value to our client relationships throughout their agreement cycles. Without CS, this would still be a pretty big struggle for us.

Also, not as an afterthought but as a genuine "also like best..." the team is great. from TJ and Dave to Sam and Wade - it's been an awesome experience working with the ClientSuccess team. It's clear they have our best interest at heart whether it's onboarding or chatting about potential roadmap pieces and our needs as a company and CS team. Top notch, chaps, top notch!

What do you dislike?

Integrations are still pretty limited and the tasks/to-dos that we find critical for our team to function are still not quite up to something like Trello - but shhhhh... they're working on it ;)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Understand you're getting something you can use straight out of the box. Other pieces like Gainsight may have a lot of extra features but the onboarding time is a lot longer and it's likely you'll never use all those pieces they show you.

Client Lifecycle management post onboarding. Getting in front of our clients more with conversations that are actually beneficial to the client and add value to the relationship. Internally - less time wasted answering the "what's up with client X?" The integration into SFDC keeps the sales team updated on their clients and keeps our CS team moving forward and focused.

ClientSuccess review by Bryan S.
Bryan S.

"Client Success - Great Product"

What do you like best?

The best feature is it's ease of use. I like the Dashboard and how it gives a clear view of customer health and interaction. This allows for easy reporting to management. It also gave us the stepping stone for implementing a customer success program at our company. I also like the ease of getting information over from Salesforce.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike. I guess it would be nice to have the ability to export reports. But that's not a huge problem for me.

We got ClientSuccess to address our Customer Success problems. As a company we have always been reactive when it comes to customer success. Having a tool like ClientSuccess allows us to be more proactive in keeping our customers healthy. The main benefit for me comes from it's dashboard and the ability to see the health of customers all in one place.

ClientSuccess review by Ashley C.
Ashley C.

"The perfect product for our small business! "

What do you like best?

It fits our exact business needs : 1) to manage the pulse of our most important clients 2) provide a uniform customer experience cycle and 3) get real time reports on our last engagement and communication records with our clients. I compared a number of softwares and found their pricing to be very reasonable for the amount of features you get.

What do you dislike?

The reporting options could be more robust but I am always being notified of the improvements the ClientSuccess team is making.

We run a small business and had no CRM system. This platform allows us to manage all our correspondence, renewal information and be able to take a big-picture look at our whole business in one place.

ClientSuccess review by Chrisy W.
Chrisy W.

"Great tool to manage Customer Success team "

What do you like best?

As a Customer Success team we live in ClientSuccess every day. We love that we can easily see renewals coming up, customer scorecard, lifecycle, freshdesk tickets, all email communications, pulse. My team enjoys how easy the interface is to use.

What do you dislike?

We would like the ability for customers to have more than one success cycle (feature coming soon). We would also like more automation within the success cycle.

We are growing really fast so we need something to help us manage happy customers and at risk customers. We use the customer scorecard to help identify customer health and we have metrics driven around increasing that number. We also need visibility into renewals so the CSM can easily work with the Sales team to ensure the customer renews. We have also integrated ClientSuccess with Grow and it helps us measure on-boarding days - we have metrics around decreasing this number.

ClientSuccess review by Soren E.
Soren E.

"A must-have for anything running a CSM team"

What do you like best?

The platform is simple, yet immensely powerful when it comes to team collaboration and customer engagements.

The ClientSuccess team are excellent with it comes to new features and updates, as a customer you feel valued by all members that you run into during your life cycle with ClientSuccess.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike. Ideally I would like to see more types of reports and revenue tracking, seeing as we have monthly users which is not considered part of our ACV. But this is not a shortcoming, but merely a preference on my side.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a look around, ask questions.

Client Lifecycle management of the customers by CSM is absolutely amazing! Before we tracked this in excel and it was just a mess.

Having all communication and engagements in one single place is key and we would not be able to manage our customers without a proper platform.

ClientSuccess review by Taylor P.
Taylor P.

"Affordable Customer Success Solution"

What do you like best?

We were managing all of our clients and processes through Google Drive, Dropbox, SmartSheets and more. Purchasing ClientSuccess allowed us to not only bring all of those tools into one place it also gave us a platform to measure, track, assess and act on key metrics. The interface is intuitive and the support has been very good.

What do you dislike?

Integration and integration support from ClientSuccess was not a straight forward as the sales team made it seem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I demo'd other tools and this was the best value I could find.

Consistent on-boarding and implementation flows, client score cards.

ClientSuccess review by Richard G.
Richard G.

"Great Client Success Software"

What do you like best?

I love how easily it talks with Salesforce as it allows us to collaborate as a whole team. I love the price range (particularly for as powerful as the platform is) and I love that it fulfills a niche with small business. Small businesses need successful customers, too, after all.

I am also a fan of the ease of use and find that it does all of the "must haves" really well. Lastly, the support team is fantastic and is both responsive and proactive.

What do you dislike?

There are only a couple of things that I would change at this point and neither of them are at all deal breakers.

1. I wish that I could compose an email (even if it's just basic) INSIDE CS and have it send through gmail.

2. It would also be nice to have some custom fields or to be able to customize a health score based on usage, interactions, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's perfect for any organization that is using GMAIL or OUTLOOK and Salesforce. For the price, I wouldn't recommend another product. Because of that combination, it's perfect for small to medium businesses. Since I haven't used it in a large business, I can't speak to that although, from what I can tell, as long as you don't plan on customizing it a whole ton, it should work really well.

We needed a way to share throughout our teams (Sales, Customer Success, and Executive) what we were doing after we brought on a new client. We can now have an instant understanding of which ones are at risk, which are doing well, and we work together as a company to make sure that we can minimize our attrition rates.

ClientSuccess review by Jennifer B.
Jennifer B.

"Easy to use and great UI"

What do you like best?

The UI is very clean and easy on the eyes. It's easy to use and has most of the data you need for your clients. It keep me organized and allows me to add notes, phone calls, and other interactions I have with my clients. It syncs with my email so I can see email interactions in their account as well. I love being able to take a pulse on how my clients are doing, it's the most important part to me.

What do you dislike?

I think the system is really slow. I'm going from call to call most days and trying to bring up accounts takes longer than I'd like it to. I'd like to see more data on accounts like city, renewal date, etc. There might be a way to do that already and I haven't quite figured it out. Also, myself and my IC take notes at the same time, it'd be nice to be able to see what they're writing kind of like a Google doc does that way we aren't taking double the notes on each call.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a simple, basic to use software, this is it! The customer service is superb and they're always trying to come up with the next best feature.

Customer success, renewals, complaints. It's really great to see the pulse on a client and to have either an at a glance view or click into it and see comments, and previous pulse rates.

ClientSuccess review by Pam D.
Pam D.

"Easy to stand up and use"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and administration for a fast growing company is fabulous! It was important to collaborate as an internal team on how to set up success cycles, what custom fields we need, etc. Once we were all on the same page, it was very easy to set it up and get going. It's now our source of truth for customer health!

What do you dislike?

The customer score is not configurable right now. We export a lot of information from the system and run our own algorithms to get a full picture of customer health. If we could configure our own data points, this feature would be amazing!!

Clear line of site to the health of each of our customers and knowing exactly what's going on with them at any time. I can see latest correspondence and I can see the latest notes from our CSMs. A few months ago, without Client Success, we were running blind. We made HUGE progress in understanding the state and activity of our customers through Client Success.

ClientSuccess review by Bethany C.
Bethany C.

"Light, Yet Solid: A Quality Customer Success Management Tool"

What do you like best?

ClientSuccess makes it easy for our customer success managers to manage their workflows and provides excellent visibility into our company's customer activity and engagement. The user interface is beautiful and friendly, and their customer success/support teams are excellent as well - we've felt very well-taken care of since we became customers of ClientSuccess. As a customer success manager myself, I am appreciative of how this tool has kickstarted our fairly-new Customer Success department and made us much more organized and knowledgeable as a customer-facing entity.

What do you dislike?

ClientSuccess could improve their integration with Salesforce and other popular software for a more cohesive user experience. The performance of the tool (how quick it responds and syncs, and bugs) could be improved as well - but I guess that could be said of any great software app!

Recommendations to others considering the product

This works well for our company as a mid-sized business. I'm not sure how it would translate to enterprise-sized companies.

Before ClientSuccess, we had extremely limited visibility on our customer engagement - all we were able to rely on to stay on top of our customer success initiatives were Salesforce fields, activities, and manual email logging. It was so time-consuming and manual keeping track of who to reach out to, and when, as well as viewing product usage and support tickets for each customer.

ClientSuccess Segments and Account pages have empowered us for those tasks, eliminating the manual Excel-sheet tracking and excessive SFDC fields. ClientSuccess Tasks and Renewals have helped us follow up with customers on schedule and keep us organized in our customer outreach and subscription management. We also have extended insight with the thorough reports that ClientSuccess offers, which is invaluable to our executive team.

ClientSuccess review by Matt O.
Matt O.

"Great product "

What do you like best?

We have so many individual action plans for each client running simultaneously, it was nice to finally have a tool which allowed us to import all that information so each day we can see exactly what is required of us. We finally feel like we are ahead of the game with a consistent processes.

What do you dislike?

The only "Wish list" item we had that wasn't available yet was our ability to sort by NPS score. It's a metric we track closely so once we have that feature, it'll only make the platform stronger. We work around it easily though by aligning the scores with the Pulse metrics available. We also look forward to being able to use a success cycle multiple times - its an issue we haven't run into yet but could in the future. They did provide us with an easy workaround though so it's not a major issue.

We needed a way to monitor and track our engagement with each client. This tool has allowed us to have a snapshot of each of our client's, but also track it, and make sure we follow through on every promise we've made.

ClientSuccess review by Adam K.
Adam K.

"Individual Contributors and Leadership"

What do you like best?

As a person who plays multiple roles right now (IC and Leader) it works for both the micro of managing accounts, and the macro of running the commercial business

What do you dislike?

There are a couple odd quirks (rounds expansion on a 2 week basis, etc.), dates sometimes sort weird, but nothing that's insurmountable.

Integration framework needs to be matured a bit, as the vast majority of us use SFDC as our backbone.

I've got visibility into the commercial health (renewals, expansions), but also have visibility into account specific information (health, email comms, etc).

ClientSuccess review by Liat A.
Liat A.

"Great system, Great team, Easy to use "

What do you like best?

Easy and quick implementation and integrations. Great team to work with. They respond and help quickly. They are open to product feedback and enhancements.

Easy to set up and use. Very good knowledgebase articles.

Great system for a company with no prior Customer Success system.

What do you dislike?

Missing a few features like different subscription types with more information, custom reports. For now, they aren't able to accommodate those as effectively as we need but I'm sure they will have it soon.

We needed a Customer Success system to manage our clients, their info (subscription and account details), status, health and organizing our entire communication with them. Also, to share this information amongst our team.

ClientSuccess review by Jason G.
Jason G.

"ClientSuccess helped us build a Customer Success Program from scratch"

What do you like best?

ClientSuccess provides a purpose-built app that covers the most essential needs of an end-to-end Customer Success Program. It is very easy to configure and simply using the product really helps educate our team on CS best practices. The concept of SuccessCycles makes it clear what needs to be done throughout the customer lifecycle and ensures we have a consistent, repeatable framework for every customer we onboard.

What do you dislike?

Nothing major at this point. Would be great to do PDF exports of reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Thanks to our dedicated CSM at ClientSuccess it's like we have a CS expert on retainer at all times. He helped us build an on-boarding plan so that we could start benefiting from ClientSuccess within the first month after purchase. This product would be useful for companies with nothing in place for Customer Success as well as a mature company looking to revamp their Customer Success Program. It has a very simple & sleek User Experience as to not over-complicate the concept of Customer Success.

-- Minimize administrative tasks & overhead for tracking customer success activities, workflow, and producing customer success dashboard & metrics.

-- Facilitate a proactive relationship with our customers so there are no surprises when it comes to renewal activity.

The main benefit we have realized is we do not have to worry about what pieces are missing from our Customer Success Program. Now that we are fully on-boarded, we simply need to execute on our SuccessCycles and general usage of ClientSuccess. We are confident the platform will keep us in check along the way.

ClientSuccess review by Cale C.
Cale C.

"Client Success Helping our CS Team Make Huge Strides"

What do you like best?

There's a lot of functionality in Client Success that helps support our CS Team. Tracking contracts, contacts, emails, support tickets, and last touch...along with all the reporting functionality...keeps us in touch with our customer base at a granular level to understand needs, next steps, and overall health. Success cycles tracked in Client Success have provided a huge increase in tracking our accounts from sales -> renewal. We've been very impressed with the functionality and ease of use of the platform.

What do you dislike?

Dislikes to date have been minor and their development team is keen to ask about needed platform enhancements and continues to push out new functionality quarterly. Their release notes and instructive videos are a great touch to keep their customers up to date with the new features and use cases.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your research on CS platforms and understand the foundational needs to grow and track your Customer Success initiatives. Client Success satisfied all of our requirements.

The biggest problem was tracking the growth of our account base and keeping a finger on the pulse of our customers. We needed a single SOT for our CS Team to reference, rely on, and report on to management. The Client Success platform is key for managing all these activities as well as helping us track the length of time in each success cycle and create baselines for measurement for our optimal customer life cycle.

ClientSuccess review by Paige P.
Paige P.

"Excellent tool for tracking portfolio - health, renewal, engagement"

What do you like best?

1) Excellent UI design - easy to use and self-explanatory features

2) A really well-thought out product for the CSM role - contains a "place" for everything you'd want visibility into for a customer relationship - subscriptions, contracts, engagement (email/calls), lifecycle checklist, etc. Looks at customer from a relationship management perspective rather than pure sales perspective like tools such as SFDC tend to do

3) Syncs with other major systems - SFDC, Zendesk, JIRA

4) Customer service - excellent responsiveness and openness to include features/improvements in roadmap

What do you dislike?

Minor UI bugs here and there - no big deal and team is always responsive in fixing them

Recommendations to others considering the product

ClientSuccess has great documentation and customer service. these two items are something that tend to not be examined during the sales process, but only uncovered post-sale with vendors. These are key in my opinion to having good relationship with a vendor and easily rolling it out to a team for immediate use. ClientSuccess excels in these areas.

Managing a team of SMB Client Success Managers - tracking renewals, engagement, and customer health. Having an easy screen of account portfolios for each person during 1:1's, as well as showing reporting to executives about customer health, engagement, and where they are in the 'lifecycle' with our company

ClientSuccess review by Meghan C.
Meghan C.

"Amazing way to target specific clients and determine their needs"

What do you like best?

Using the product is so intuitive. All the statistics and numbers I need are presented in a simple and easy to interact with format. I love the different views for the data collected and presented, especially the main page where it has the option to filter my clients based on who has hasn't been contacted in a certain period of time or their overall satisfaction with our product. The platform overall is very smooth and looks fantastic.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more reports for a manager's position. For the CSM role, there is all the data a rep would need but from a manager's role, there isn't a way to track the CSM's statistics such as events made, tasks completed, upcoming scheduled events, etc. as much as there is on Salesforce. I know this isn't Salesforce and hasn't been around nearly as long as they have but that's the main disadvantage of using this product over our current setup.

Keeping track of all our clients and their current usage/satisfaction has been amazing. We are reaching out to customers that need to be contacted and this provides us with the satisfaction that we are taking care of our clients' immediate needs.

ClientSuccess review by Kenzie H.
Kenzie H.

"Amazing!"

What do you like best?

ClientSuccess makes it easier for me to keep track of all clients information. Implementing multiple clients at the same time can be challenging. I rely on ClientSuccess to help me stay organized on where each client is at in their implementation process.

What do you dislike?

No complaint for ClientSuccess. I am quite satisfied with how the tool is working currently.

ClientSuccess is the one place that help keeping us all organized and up-to-date on clients' information and communication. When working on a project with multiple parties, I can easily review the notes and communication via the Engagement feature. I can also see whether a task has been checked off in the tool. It eliminates repetitive emails between different individuals asking for status, updates, etc.

ClientSuccess review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Excellent Customer Service"

What do you like best?

The platform is very intuitive and easy to use, but whenever I have a question or need some consultation my CSM is always just an email away and always helpful. It's been a great tool to keep our ever expanding customer base organized

What do you dislike?

Nothing glaring with the platform, i just wish i had more time to spend on it. They are actively improving their integrations which I am very excited about.

ClientSuccess has become the source of truth for our customer base not only for the Customer Success team but for other departments as well. It's become a great resource for that and to keep our CSMs organized and on task as well as up to date with their renewals.

ClientSuccess review by Jesse B.
Jesse B.

"Product will help scale our efforts"

What do you like best?

ClientSuccess is pretty intuitive and has a better interface than any other product on the market. It is easy to use, and made better by the fact that they have a great team to work with.

What do you dislike?

Implementation is ~5 weeks, which felt like it could have been tightened up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking to scale your CS efforts and consolidate your CS operations into one platform, it would be hard to beat the functionality of ClientSuccess because of the SuccessCycles functionality, along with the salesforce integration.

Additionally, having a seasoned CEO who gets client success from the top down shows in the software.

We are treating CS as our one source of truth by operating out of one system. Additionally, this allows us to decrease predictability in order to increase predictability as it relates providing amazing customer service.

ClientSuccess review by User in Computer Software

"Great and valuable tool"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use, slick and intuitive CSM tool.

You can manage your customer journey with different flows.

It is easy to see the big picture of your overall customers and the detailed picture of each one.

Great tool to track your customers' health score and better identify customers at risk.

What do you dislike?

It will be great to see more reports and to have the ability to create custom reports.

I also would like to be able to create calculated custom fields to create my own health score.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I will recommend the tool for anyone that is looking for a customer success management tool.

The ability to manage our customers effectively within a decent budget.

ClientSuccess review by Adam K.
Adam K.

"Covers the vast majority of what we need."

What do you like best?

It is easily a core part of our workflow on both an individual contributor as well as leadership layer. ClientSuccess provides a source of truth for any account-centric items for us. It provides all of the information you want on an account in one, easy to use dashboard.

What do you dislike?

I still manage my financial forecasting externally - obviously because we have to work with Sales and Finance in their system of record. Though I will say that ClientSuccess has done a tremendous job in quickly iterating on an integration between the systems.

- Tracking account communication

- Tracking customer lifecycle progress

- Tracking account health

ClientSuccess review by Kevin C.
Kevin C.

"stensul | ClientSuccess"

What do you like best?

ClientSuccess allows our CSMs to easily manage, track and grow our current book of business. It is our one stop dashboard for all information needed to make our CSMs successful and is a singular point of reference for stakeholders around the organization.

What do you dislike?

Would like to see more functionality and integrations with some of the modules available. An ASANA integration with Success Cycles or

We're focused on taking internal and institutional knowledge and formalizing it within ClientSuccess. Allows us to continue to refine and build out our Customer Success play books in an efficient manor.

ClientSuccess review by Emily C. D.
Emily C. D.

"Great for organizing and scaling client workflows"

What do you like best?

As our team scales and we do bigger more complicated business with customers, ClientSuccess has really helped us to think through our process and make it replicable. I don't worry so much about 'dropping the ball' even when handling a lot of accounts at once. SuccessCycles have been really useful for segmenting different phases of service, with accountability on tasks. From the micro to macro.

What do you dislike?

Specificity of some things doesn't match our workflow all the time, and we can't add the CSM to the 'attendees' list in notes, which is odd. Just a few little quirks like that.

Keeping track of longer term service relationship with lots of moving parts, and many stakeholders.

Learning about ClientSuccess?

* We monitor all ClientSuccess reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.