Clio

Clio

Clio provides a web-based practice management, time & billing and client collaboration platform for small to mid-sized law firms.

Work for Clio?

Learning about Clio?

Clio Reviews

Ask Clio a Question
Showing 139 Clio reviews
Clio review by <span>Brenda M.</span>
Brenda M.

"Solid Solution for Solos / Small Firms"

What do you like best?

Intuitive interface - it is easy to learn to use this product with reasonable proficiency. Responsive support when you need it - chat and phone. Flexibility provided by numerous integrations - lets you add functionality not offered by the primary program. Comprehensive dashboard gives a good overview of firm metrics. Multiple methods of delivering invoices and documents to clients to suit your preferences. Handles trust accounting well.

What do you dislike?

Poor handling of past-due invoices - Clio payments link only allows payment of current invoice, not full amount. The workaround is to email the bill manually and provide a LawPay link, if you use LawPay.

Would prefer more batch-entry options for time and payments as well.

It would be nice to be able to cc yourself / the firm on billing emails.

Reporting functions could be a bit more robust / allow for greater customization - sometimes it is a bit difficult to pull data that I want, but it is nice to be able to export it to other formats (excel, csv, pdf, etc.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make use of the trial offered, to make sure it works for your needs.

Clio answers my small firm's need for legal billing, and helps me with practice management issues (like offering a secure portal for document sharing, cloud storage, etc.) It is a solid solution for a solo practitioner. It does not completely replace accounting software, but gives you enough to get started and handles trust well.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Clio
Clio review by <span>Jarad  D.</span>
Jarad D.

"Clio streamlines time-keeping for Attorneys"

What do you like best?

I like that rather than having to keep track of 6 minute intervals on paper I can just start a timer in Clio and go. It also allows us to track tasks, expenses and bill quickly. We are Mac users so it has always worked well for our firm. Their customer service has been personable and helpful.

What do you dislike?

Some functions that we once had are now only available at higher levels of service. As we are a small firm we are very aware of every cost incurred. The newer interface has also taken me some time to get used to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend everyone try it, as it may not be for larger firms that have more invested in their own systems. For us it has been useful and streamlined many of our processes.

We are solving the mundane administrative tasks that make the practice of law tedious at times.

What Legal Case Management solution do you use?

Clio review by <span>Carony C.</span>
Carony C.

"All-in-One Management Practice with Banking features"

What do you like best?

The price and the plethora of features this case management program contains. First, the price is absolutely the best in the business. I can't say enough how affordable this program is. Price is based on each user and they have 3 tiers. The features seem endless: you can organize your whole case in this program (i.e., contacts, time entries, calendaring deadlines), bookkeeping and most importantly, keeping track of your IOLTA Account. You can generate billings from your time entries. You can accept payments electronically. You can send documents directly and securely to your clients through the program. One of the most valuable thing this program does is it also calculates all the court deadlines for you. That feature alone is one of the most valuable tool. Having been a paralegal for the past 20 years, I have learned that most of these features are offered through separate programs and you pay significantly for them. Clio helps a solo practitioner compete with the corporate giant law firms by keeping their practice expenses down.

What do you dislike?

The only part about the calendaring program that drives me nuts is having to put in the reminders every time I calendar a deadline. I usually have reminders at 2 weeks, 1 week and then 2 days for all deadlines and it would be nice to just set up the reminder once and then be able to recall the reminders whenever I have to calendar a deadline.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Clio is very user friendly, and intuitive. The best part is if you have a laptop or an ipad, you can basically access Clio anywhere. If you want an affordable case management program with banking features that includes IOLTA Account, a court deadline calculator program, and a billing program with cloud storage, then Clio is the one for you. Clio is the best practice software and most affordable cloud program for a solo practitioner.

We've realized a lot more profits with Clio and have had to use less software as Clio is an all in one management program.

Clio review by <span>Lorna R.</span>
Lorna R.

"Easy for a Non-Tech Lawyer"

What do you like best?

I love that time/billing management and case management is combined with this software. I like that I can see what's going on in the case, but also see the time billed, plus the actual bills. I like that it is cloud based, so I can access our case files remotely.

What do you dislike?

I wish the apps did as much as the website does. I would like to run filters on time entries, for example. I also wish the calendar function updated every few minutes. We have to manually refresh the calendar to make sure we have the most updated one. I also think there are quirky issues when you add or remove calendar events. For example, if I created the event, but just wanted to remove myself, not everyone else, I think the whole event gets deleted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I believe this product is affordable, but I am not sure as to actual cost. The product is the most user friendly case management/billing software I have seen. I would definitely recommend this product.

I am tracking my billable time and the revenue I generate. This helps my productivity and client management. I can easily see how much a client has in his/her trust account while simultaneously looking at the notes feature to determine what has happened in the case.

Clio review by <span>Edgar A.</span>
Edgar A.

"Amazing Service! "

What do you like best?

I love how the new Clio update is smoother and enhanced at the look. I appreciate all aspects of Clio and can see myself using it for literally everything. Clio has a great capability to connect with Dropbox and the Cloud. It’s easy to find a matter with Clio’s automatic matter creator and the way it syncs with DropBox after creating a letter is amazing. I feel like the best part of Clio is the new update but ultimately, it’s the best way to track all of your time, activities and tasks for law practice, docement keeping and communication!

What do you dislike?

I do not like how the Clio App does not work properly with the Fijustu Scansnap Scanner. When scanning a document it allows you to find the mater number for the document but it’s should ALSO add the information/documents to DropBox. This would save time from needing to save the same file in two different locations.

I am solving law practice problems. I no longer have to search for everything as it is on one place!

Clio review by <span>Chelsea G.</span>
Chelsea G.

"Clio: A One Stop Shop for Legal Practice Management Software"

What do you like best?

What I love about Clio is that it puts virtually everything our firm needs in one place, and it is a cloud-based system so I don't have to be at the office to access it. Clio integrates with a lot of other programs as well, so if we want or need to use other software it usually has the capability to work with Clio. We use the Clio for Gmail integration and are able to save all email communication directly to Clio, as well as syncing our contacts and our calendars.

Clio has all sorts of solutions for keeping track of your time, and their timers can be accessed from Gmail, the cell phone app, and anywhere within Clio. Time entries can be edited and/or duplicated and can be linked to individual employees or legal matters. You can also use Clio to keep track of client expenses.

Clio has a notes section for each matter and contact so there's no reason to use paper notes that get lost or forgotten. Clio also gives you the ability to make tasks and task lists for yourself and others. Each task for task list can also be tied to a matter, so it's easy to figure out what task you should be completing and for which client.

Clio gives you the ability to keep track of client and matter trust accounts, operating accounts, and all accounting that happens regarding a client or matter. This includes features like creating and sharing invoices and trust requests. We use Clio Payments as well, so everything really starts and ends with Clio. There are also several reports that can be run in Clio as well, and they are all fully customizable.

All in all, Clio is the hub of our legal practice.

What do you dislike?

My least favorite part about Clio is billing, but it is still very functional despite its shortcomings. I know that there are updates planned though, and until then, we still like the functionality enough that we have never considered other solutions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give Clio a chance! I cannot recommend it enough. For every "quirky" feature or feature that is lacking, there are 10 other features to make up for it. For everything that is offered with Clio, including excellent customer support, Clio is a steal!

Clio is awesome! We pretty much use Clio to solve ALL of our business problems. It's a centralized program that we use for all of our contacts, all of our billing, every legal matter, calendaring appointments for 6 staff members in two locations, tasks to be completed, timekeeping, reporting, and anything else you can think of! Clio really does make my life easier on a daily basis.

Clio review by <span>Andrew  G.</span>
Andrew G.

"Awesome Case Management Software "

What do you like best?

We like the flexibility and customization options Clio offers. We switched from client profiles a few years ago and never looked back. Clio is the future of our firm and implements cutting edge technology that not only increases our efficiency and saves us time, but also put our firm in a position to grow. We recently started practicing in a new area of law, and our firm was able to start doing this effectively from a case management standpoint with no problem.

What do you dislike?

As I have always said when I review Clio, the only real issue that we have is technical. Sometimes, the Clio servers are experiencing high volume or the document generator is having a technical issue. These types of problems are not common considering the fact that we use Clio all day every day, and I think they would occur regardless of the platform we chose.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Clio integrates easily with google. We switched our office to a corporate gmail account and drive account. We have no limitations on space and it is cost effective. If you get Clio, I would take a hard look at what google has to offer.

Time savings is a big one. We are constantly refining our procedures, but we can always do that with Clio. We never run into the problem of not being able to implement something due to limitations with our software. The second would be billing. I have been able to "show my attorneys the light" so to speak with the time keeping feature. It is efficient, precise, and easy to use. The last major thing would be mobile access. I use Clio on my phone and mobile devices every day.

Clio review by <span>Dolores  S.</span>
Dolores S.

"Great Customer Service and program"

What do you like best?

I like the customer service center because every time I have called I have never waited more than 5 minutes for my issues to be resolved. The representatives are very knowledgeable of the program. Also, our invoices are very easy to read for our customers.

What do you dislike?

I really don't dislike anything, maybe that just on a few occasions I can't find what I need but then I call and my issue is resolved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a very easy, friendly and inexpensive program that will make your business run so much better. You won't have to spend so much time trying to figure out how to run the program it is very easy so you can spend less time worrying about your job is correctly done.

Our billing has become extremely easy for us. I am not spending so much time as before.

Clio review by User in Writing and Editing
User in Writing and Editing

"Clio has helped us manage and nurture a large amount of growth in short amount of time."

What do you like best?

Clio is very intuitive and, therefore, easy to use. It make it possible to track cases that will have extremely lengthy periods of inactivity. Clio also makes it easy to assign tasks to others and track the progress of those tasks. It has also made it possible for our firm to open satellite offices and allow people to work remotely while having complete access to a case file.

What do you dislike?

There are not a lot of things I dislike about Clio. If I had to get picky, I would like it if, after you marked a task as complete, you were returned to the place where you left off instead of the first page of your task list.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Schedule a demo with Clio so they can walk you through their features.

We have increased productivity in our mailings department because they can use templates to send notices to clients. Our accounting team can also produce mass invoices from templates, which has been very helpful. Clio has also allowed multiple attorneys to have access to the entire file simultaneously, which is very helpful in a practice with cases that are pending before multiple agencies.

Clio review by <span>Shin C.</span>
Shin C.

"Versatile, Comprehensive Practice Mgmt"

What do you like best?

Clio comes with a wide array of built-in features which, when properly utilized, effectively addresses most if not all aspects of law practice management (client/matter accounting, file storage and organization, document automation (fantastic), secure channel for sharing documents and other matter resources.

As if that weren't enough, Clio comes with excellent integration potential. That is, the ability to link your Clio account to a number of other 3rd party services.

What do you dislike?

Small gripes: Pricing overall is not bad, but I do feel that the additional features available for the middle-tier "boutique" subscription should be available at the most basic level. But again, even after having to upgrade, I think it's still a great bargain for all the stuff you get even with the additional cost.

Document automation and the ability to sync everything with my G Suite.

Clio review by <span>Sara M.</span>
Sara M.

"Clio goes anywhere and keeps me straight."

What do you like best?

I love that I can make small tasks to break down steps in cases. Also, the records are clear and concise with timekeeping built in. The timekeeping and online payment processing were the cinchers.

What do you dislike?

I wish Clio had a check pay feature and showed account balances in real time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Also consider how your bank accounts will connect to clio. Explore the apps as well, especially if you haven't decided on software for other functions.

It is easier to show clients what I have done for them and what I need from them. My record keeping is clear and organized, but I can still fix mistakes. It also helps me keep track of efforts made to contact or bill clients. I can keep smaller tasks in mind while staying focused on legal work.

Clio review by <span>Courtney Alise L.</span>
Courtney Alise L.

"Great for Making a Small Firm Feel Well Organized"

What do you like best?

Clio is relatively easy to use and allows small firms to stay up on billing clients, keeping track of client information, etc. Clio has allowed us to have a single service to keep track of our clients and cases.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a bit more of an opportunity for customization, such as marking a phone number as the individual who the contract is under when that is not the direct client, etc., and I would like to see more customization in the billing section as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Clio is a little difficult to use at first and not completely customizable, but once you get working with it, the program helps organize many different factors of a business.

My small firm did not have any sort of one stop shop for all of its client information. This is revolutionizing our abilities as a firm.

Clio review by <span>Jason R.</span>
Jason R.

"Pretty good for now, hope to see lots of growth in the future"

What do you like best?

Excellent for time entry and tracking - gives you a great many places and ways to log time so that you're less likely to miss out on tracking and billing opportunities. Good availability for cloud storage - would like to see some growth in how files can be managed once they're in Clio. Billing seems to be a snap. I like the document versioning, though I'd like to see it work a little bit more seamlessly. Ideally I'd like to be able to open up a document by clicking on it in Clio, have it open up in Word, edit it and save it and have it pop onto Clio on its own with no further interaction from my end. Not there now, but perhaps (hopefully?) someday.

Like the iOS app - great for entering time, good for entering voice memos.

What do you dislike?

The Quickbooks integration can be wonky - doesn't always play nicely. Cloud storage can be clunky - would like a click and drag organization solution. Would like to see a better integration with office 365 email, similar to that which exists for gmail. The third party vendor solution is not particularly effective, plus it tacks on a tax for using Office 365 that is not borne by gmail users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not great for collection practices.

Accessibility of information and modernization of document storage, matter management. Huge increase in degree of flexibility - ability to work remotely has gone up exponentially. Really like that I can work from the beach instead of having to be at my desk.

Clio review by <span>Danielle H.</span>
Danielle H.

"Great tool - legal tech that actually delivers"

What do you like best?

The best part of Clio is the ease of billing and time tracking. I can create beautiful invoices with a few clicks. Once you get it setup it works very well.

I also like that I can securely share documents with clients by dragging and dropping. The sharing features are helpful.

What do you dislike?

Many of the features are close to perfect but miss some essential things.

1. Flat fee biling - the platform is designed for hourly billing. As an immigration lawyer most of my practice is done via flat fees. There are work arounds, but they are not intuitive.

2. Billing for filing fees - as an immigration lawyer I bill clients for filing fees. These fees are client property and there isn't an easy way to account for this as they go right into my trust account. I have to "write them off" in the Clio platform. It's counter intuitive and seems like a feature that should be there.

3. Lack of integration with google drive - it will create a file structure within google drive (kind of) - mine has been very buggy and frankly not useful. It also doesn't push documents between the Clio files and Google Drive. That would be truly useful, e.g. if a client uploads a document to Clio it automatically ends up in my google drive.

4. Lack of notifications when a client uploads documents to Clio. I have to manually check the firm feed when a client uploads documents.I should be able to get a notification.

5. Inability to see an archive of messages when something is shared. I often write a message to a client when I share a folder, document or bill - there is presently no way for me to see that.

6. I wish there was more customization when looking at a Matter and ability to edit fields without "editing a matter". You can create as many custom fields as your heart desires, which is great. It would be helpful to customize the way a matter looks because the way fields are displayed isn't visually intuitive. It's just in order, which is not wrong, it's just not great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's the best practice management and billing platform I've found. It's legal tech that isn't a bait and switch for un-tech savvy older lawyers. I'm confident as they add features and improve the platform it will only get better. I use it daily.

Effective and efficient billing is the best feature - I can get my bills out to clients quickly. The integration with Law Pay is also great. It helps me get paid faster.

Secure document sharing is also a plus. Dragging and dropping documents is a useful feature - saves time.

Clio review by <span>Ulisce D.</span>
Ulisce D.

"Excellent client/billing management software"

What do you like best?

The software is very easy to approach and natural to use. It lets you simply and rapidly manage your client list, specific matters and billing.

What do you dislike?

The monthly cost is a little steep, but the pros greatly outweigh the cons.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you wish to cut time spent doing administrative tasks instead of billable hours than Clio's what you need.

The follow up on billing is made so easy that it becomes impossible to forget billable hours or expenses. The ease of use regarding the billing experience makes it so you never have to put it back to another day anymore. A couple of clicks and you have a custom invoice ready to send to your client.

Clio review by User

"Great support staff, but would like more customization with running reports."

What do you like best?

The 24/7 online tech support has been very beneficial for our firm and making the change to a new program. It's very simple to add time and expenses and very easy to set up a new client. I like that it's web-based and can be accessed with a cell phone.

What do you dislike?

Billing and reports. I want to be able to resend invoices in bulk instead of unsharing and sharing each unpaid invoice every moth. I also have add a lot of issues with trying to run accurate reports as far as activities for staff. Clio support has been good with trying to help, but we have yet to come to a solution. Also, need more options with regards to sending past due invoices.

The biggest benefit has been that we are no longer required to use remote access. This has saved us money onserver storage.

User in Law Practice

"Small firm? You need Clio."

What do you like best?

Clio has streamlined our processes so much. My favorite part is the task function. It has kept us so much more organized and informed. I don't need to email or go check in with the other paralegal to see if she has completed or is working on a task. I just check the task tab for updates.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any dislikes. I originally would have said that I wish it integrated with Docketbird, but I just found out that it does now!

We're a small firm - 5 employees - so we really needed to streamline our processes. One of our attorneys is a court appointed attorney and we have numerous appearances and other standard pleadings that we must prepare for him each week. What used to take hours to complete now only takes a few minutes with document automation. Clio saves us so much time - time that can now be spent focusing directly on clients.

Clio review by <span>Samantha S.</span>
Samantha S.

"Get time back in your firm "

What do you like best?

I love Clio! It has allowed us to take our firm paperless, allows us to work from anywhere, and also allowed us to streamline many of our processes. With the addition of Lexicata and LawPay - we have a smooth running machine!

What do you dislike?

There is very little I dislike about Clio - I know they can add more and do more in the future but the software is invaluable the way it is!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would try it! It really is a great piece of software and the customer service team is top notched! There really isn't anything to lose by giving it a shot!

We are able to work from anywhere, have all of our information at a glance, and be much more organized.

Clio review by <span>Melanie N. A.</span>
Melanie N. A.

"Good Practice Management Tool"

What do you like best?

You can keep everything in one place: calendar, billing, client info, documents, etc. It's very helpful to have everything organized this way. I can look up a client's contact information and look at notes from our last conference in one place. I can review and manage my billing and see if the last filed document was uploaded and shared with the client.

What do you dislike?

Clio doesn't have a calendaring function where you can link other calendar items together like a chain. For example, if I want to calendar a case management conference, I also want to calendar the date to meet and confer. I would like that to happen automatically, but you have to manually enter each calendar event.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely have a representative go over the functions with you. It's helpful to have them show you everything. It's a simple set up, but you don't want to miss out on everything it has to offer.

This saves a lot of time and keeps cases organized very well.

"Helpful"

What do you like best?

It helps our office organize our calendar and keep client information all in one location. It minimizes the amount of other services we need to use. I believe the timekeeping feature is one of the best assets. It allows everyone in the office to keep time, even run a timer, on specific matters throughout the day to ensure that billable time is not lost. We've had a great deal of overall business improvements by using Clio.

What do you dislike?

The calendaring system is too easy to accidentally make a mistake. We've had several instances when an appointment is moved by accident and it is unable to undo the mistake. Many times a simple wrong click of the mouse has moved an appointment or calendared matter from the slot it was in to a new place that cannot be found. Sometimes when adding an appointment, the system places the time on the nearest Sunday by default, which is an odd day of the week for a regular business. I also wish it would improve its connectivity and flow functionality with other programs such as Lexicata, which we also use, to allow for better integration. My employers have also had difficulty with certain aspects of billing when creating invoices for clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The ability to have everything all in one place is the best feature.

We are able to keep all client information in one concise place. We can store documents and keep time all at the same time.

Clio review by <span>Renee S.</span>
Renee S.

"Clio Review - Government Attorney's Office "

What do you like best?

Clio is a user friendly, efficient way to store and manage files and client information. We like the ability to access and share Clio files when out of the office. We also appreciate the additional online access to training and resources through Clio.

What do you dislike?

We have no dislikes. We just need to continue to develop additional expertise at using all aspects of Clio. I have some difficulty in getting other programs to connect and work well with Clio, some of this is operator error, I'm sure, but with additional effort on my part and advances Clio is consistently making, I expect this to improve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many resources within Clio that we have yet to master. In hindsight, before launching our use of it, I would have spent more dedicated time training and learning on the front end. It's so user friendly, it was easy to just jump in and learn as we go, but that prolonged I think, our mastering some of the more intricate aspects of Clio. Good training up front for any users. And continued learning as Clio introduces more functions and capabilities.

Document and matter maintenance. Connectivity and sharing for attorneys that work off site. Clio also provides us with secure cloud storage of files converted from hard copy to electronic format, so our physical storage space needs for hard copy documents is decreased. Clio is also cost effective and we have very few technical issues with it.

Clio review by <span>Stephanie H.</span>
Stephanie H.

"We started using Clio when we started a new law practice. Looking for "mobile" capability."

What do you like best?

It's in the cloud! No matter where we are, if we have cell service or internet we have our files at our fingertips. It has enabled us to practice anywhere in the state.

What do you dislike?

Changing pre-populated forms can be time consuming. I would like to see the intake portion more customizable, some files all I need is a name, contact info and type of file.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Of the many I previewed, ease of use and ability to restrict files makes Clio the top runner for the small practitioner office!

Being able to have entire cases and files in the cloud and available wherever we are, as long as we have internet or cell service.

Clio review by <span>Thomas S.</span>
Thomas S.

"Adaptable & Forward-thinking Practice Management Software"

What do you like best?

When we left a national firm to setup a boutique practice, we initially turned to one of the large practice management software providers. After a year of problems with that cumbersome software, we switched to Clio and it's been smooth sailing ever since. The software is cloud-based making it easy to access anywhere. It has a modern design and is very intuitive. It also has a range of features (i.e. timekeeping, calendar, billing, conflict checking etc) so the entire firm will likely benefit from it.

What do you dislike?

There's very little we dislike with Clio, especially as compared to the more traditional practice management tools. There was a bit of work moving our contacts over from our old software to Clio and had to do some manual entry for one contact information field.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking to switch software, Clio should absolutely be considered and will likely be near the top of the list of available options. Most important thing to consider though is not how the lawyers will use it, but how staff / bookkeepers will use it for billing. There may be integration issues to consider depending on what accounting tools you use.

Clio makes it easy for us to ensure we capture all our time, move it through to billing, and track receivables. Also as we face a number of tight deadlines, it acts as another layer of protection in ensuring we don't miss anything.

Clio review by <span>Alicia I.</span>
Alicia I.

"Doesn't get much better than Clio!"

What do you like best?

I love that it is a robust platform that is constantly evolving into a better product! It has everything that you would want in order to build efficiencies into your practice, from time capturing to managing your docket, to document automation and branding, Clio can do just about everything you would want it to do. And if it can't there are a host of integrations that work with Clio to completely automate managing your practice or time keeping.

What do you dislike?

I don't have a lot that I dislike about Clio. I trust it. It's reliable. It's secure.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it an honest try, explore all of the features, and ask questions! Clio support is always happy to help!

Geographic constraints with having a hard server was the first obstacle that Clio helped us resolved. Now we can practice from anywhere. I can send an invoice from my phone or my MacBook. I can also send a document or bill a phone call or look at my docket. Schedule a meeting find contact information or specific case details that I need. And I don't have to go to different places to do it. I can just log into Clio!

As our practice has grown, Clio has helped make the transition easy! Now it helps me to maximize our efficiencies or identify our inefficiencies by using the reporting features.

Clio review by <span>Kristin B.</span>
Kristin B.

"Decent case management software"

What do you like best?

Each individual matter's main interface has everything you need to know at a glance.

What do you dislike?

The program is somewhat cumbersome. I end up putting most of the pertinent information into the Notes section instead of the main interface, because it's not logically organized. I like the product, but definitely see room for improvement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I came into a firm without familiarity with other cloud-based systems, so I don't have much to compare with Clio. On its own, it does the job and keeps information organized and accessible. I do think it could be streamlined. Sometimes navigating back and forth among tabs and matters becomes bulky; perhaps Clio could allow more than one matter "open" at once. Were I involved in the selection process, I would do my homework among the case management software available before selecting Clio.

This is a great cloud-based system, making access from anywhere a breeze.

Administrator in Law Practice

"All in one office in a box!"

What do you like best?

I love all the features but as a manager I love the task feature. I can assign tasks, associate it with a matter to make billing easy, notify the person by email that they have a new task and get notified as soon as the task is complete. I also do weekly task reports so I can monitor if people are not completing task and if it is a workload issue (too many tasks on the task list) or a time management issues (just having issues completing the tasks).

What do you dislike?

We have issues with the sync feature which get annoying but are always easily resolved by out IT techs and rarely require Clio support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are a lot of trainings and webinars, use them to get the most out of the software!

No problems. Benefits are amazing. I have two lawyers and a staff member who are 100% telecommuting employees and they are able to have full access to case files everything they need without having to be in the office or ask someone in the office to get things for them. Works wonderfully.

Clio review by <span>Helen V.</span>
Helen V.

"Clio - The one-stop shop"

What do you like best?

Clio is all the client/customer management software you'll ever need for your office. Use the Contacts tab to enter and track all your contacts, then create a matter under that contact when you begin actually doing business with/for them. Create invoices for your services and "share" them with your clients via the secure portal, Clio Connect. You can also "share" documents with your clients and they with you securely via Clio Connect. No need to worry if your emails get hacked, Clio is encrypted and all your files are safe. There probably isn't a way to have your office completely paperless, but Clio will get you as close as you can come to that goal.

What do you dislike?

Client information entered is not in alpha order, but you can search for clients anyway with their filter option.

Great for storage of client contact and file data; love the invoice feature - saves so much time when clients can pay us directly thru Clio.

Clio review by <span>Matthew M.</span>
Matthew M.

"Clio keeps me organized, efficient, and paid"

What do you like best?

Clio's integration with LawPay is fantastic and an absolute game-changer for a small practice. The fact that a Clio subscription covers the LawPay monthly service fees make it a no-brainer for any attorney thinking about taking online credit card payments. Clio makes time-keeping, billing, and receiving payment so seamless that the payment features alone are worth the price. What used to be a weekend spent reviewing bills and sending individual emails is now a half hour of a few clicks.

What do you dislike?

There are a few usability issues that you have to learn to live with. Certain tasks, like creating a document from a template, require you to manually refresh the page with your browser. Once in a great while, you'll notice some performance issues as the Clio team is wrestling with some server issue. While the web interface makes installation and maintenance non-issues, there are also usability limitations that a browser-based application has compared to a rich client experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best platform for the price, hands down.

Clio helps me maintain a paperless filing system. It also has dramatically improved time capture, billing, and payment, which has resulted in higher revenue.

Clio review by <span>Thomas V.</span>
Thomas V.

"Clio keeps me on track!"

What do you like best?

I love the versatility of Clio. The calendaring system syncs through Office 365 to my phone. It helps me keep track of all of my appointments in real time. I also love that you can sync Clio invoices with Quickbooks Online.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could organize email in a more efficient manner through Clio. Clio provides an email address to file emails for a particular matter, but it is a bit cumbersome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get Clio!

I'm learning how to use the template capabilities. That will help me generate forms much more quickly.

User in Legal Services

"One stop shop for management of law firm cases"

What do you like best?

Clio is very user friendly and makes it easy to find the information you need with it's ability to initiate searches from a number of different screens.

What do you dislike?

So far, the only negative thing for me is the need to refresh the page in order to see a new document that has been generated from a template. It would be nice if it was more automatic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a tool that can improve your firms' ability to organize data and rely less on paper copies, Clio is excellent!

Task tracking is very important in our very deadline drive industry. This is one more way our team can all be on the same page when it comes to knowing the status of our firms' cases.

Clio review by <span>Owen H.</span>
Owen H.

"Fantastic solution for small law practices"

What do you like best?

I've been using Clio since 2011 to help me run my solo practice. I use it primarily for calendaring , time tracking, and billing. Those features are fantastic. Almost all of my billable time is calendared, and Clio lets me add time right to those events and assign it to a matter right from the calendar. I cut my administrative time to bill clients by 40% the first time I used Clio, and it's now down roughly 90%.

I love that Clio lets me use third-party software with it rather than forcing users to rely on less convenient built-in solutions. For instance, Clio creates a folder for each client and matter for me in Box.com where I can work on my clients' documents using the rich feature set of Box. Clio Documents is okay for sharing with Clients, but there's no way they could replicate Box.

What do you dislike?

There are two things I really wish Clio would improve. First is the ability to natively support joint representation. I do some consumer bankruptcy work, and many of my cases are joint petitions. The Clio solution is to add one of the joint parties as a 'related party'. Strictly speaking, this is not a related party, but my actual client. I can note the relationship type, so it works okay for conflict checks, but I'd rather the software reflect the real legal relationship.

The other has to do with transaction tracking and integration with bookkeeping software. Maybe I just need to learn how to do this better, but I end up doing double work in Clio and Quickbooks for expenses and trust accounting. Bills and payments integrate, but the details, which are important for accounting disclosures, are manual in Clio.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't fight the software. There are certain ways it wants you to do things. Let it help you get more organized. Add custom fields only if you really need to.

This software is the hub of operations for my business. All of our workflow turns on the information we put into and get out of Clio. We use other software too, but this is the primary source of truth. We couldn't run the business without it.

Clio review by <span>JoAnna D.</span>
JoAnna D.

"Clio Helps Me Work Smarter"

What do you like best?

• Ease of Use

• Mobile App

• Integration with Other Business Applications

• Reporting Features

• Trust Accounting

• Customer Service

• Training

• Invoice Customization

• Merchant Card Integration with LawPay

What do you dislike?

• I wish Clio was a full accounting solution. Although Clio has the ability to integrate with accounting software, I would prefer that Clio handle it all with no back-and-forth between apps.

• Other than that, Clio is a very robust and versatile practice management tool that serves my needs well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When deciding on a practice management solution for your law firm, do trials and demos of the software you are considering to see what works for you.

I practice law with my husband — I'm detail-oriented, while he is more a big-picture type of person. I'm also a CPA, and I am very particular about the way I want transactions and time entries entered on the books. In the past, it has been difficult for me to get him to follow my directives. With Clio, however, everything gets entered according to my specifications. Unlike other practice management systems we have tried, Clio's learning curve is low, and my partner was easily able to learn what he needed to know to make me happy. A win-win for both of us!

Clio review by <span>Forrest C.</span>
Forrest C.

"Clio saves me at least 10 hours a month and the cost of hiring a legal assistant."

What do you like best?

I like that Clio handles streamlined time tracking, invoicing, and online bill payments, that it provides a secure client portal, and that it enables me to automate assembly of simple documents.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see logic (if/then statements) and clause-selection options (including the option to omit text entirely) in the document assembly system. I also wish I had the option to apply fine-tuned controls over the branding in the document portal (via custom CSS) and invoices (i.e., the ability to use my own fonts).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have not used other practice management software, and I assume competitors offer a comparable product. My experience overall has been very positive with Clio, and I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone who is looking for a practice management solution for the first time or who is unhappy with their current practice management provider. I have heard some say that "Clio does a lot of things, but none of them particularly well." I disagree. Clio does time tracking, billing, and payment processing (which requires a LawPay or similar account) very well. I do not understand why anyone would pay separately for a time-tracking system while also using Clio. If anything, give the product a try to see if it will work for you.

Clio does 75% of what a legal assistant and bookkeeper would otherwise be doing for me, and I benefit by not having to hire those people. It also makes 1,000 routine administrative tasks easier and centralized.

Clio review by <span>Jonathan S.</span>
Jonathan S.

"The best Cloud-based Practice Management System"

What do you like best?

The software is very easy to use. Training was very easy compared to other systems. I like the clean interface and the fact that an iOS app is available. It is great that everything is available in one location. It is the one app, more than any other, that our firm uses. It is open on everyone's desktop all throughout the day.

What do you dislike?

Reporting could be improved. I feel that the software is expensive. The tiered pricing seems somewhat arbitrary and doesn't make sense to me. Billing workflow could be improved particularly around trust accounting and applying trust bills. I'm not sure that it quite fits our firm's structure. For example, I have no desire or need (99% of the time perhaps) to see what other attorneys in my firm are doing. It would be nice, particularly in the billing and matters sections, if Clio would only show data related to me. As it stands today, I have to manually apply a filter every time I go to the billing and matters screens.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think that Clio is the best cloud-based practice management system out there.

We had a mishmash of different systems that didn't really work together well. Clio was the solution that enabled us to combine multiple disparate systems into one. Clio's assistance on data conversion was fantastic. Now we have one place for all our practice-related data!

Clio review by <span>Jennifer S.</span>
Jennifer S.

"Amazing, keeps our office on top of things."

What do you like best?

The task system is amazing. We have also received a lot of positive feedback from our clients about the client portal. It is also great that it is unlimited cloud storage.

What do you dislike?

I wish you could create repeating tasks. I also wish that a client's retainer was automatically applied to their bill when a bill is generated so they know how much is left and it takes the extra step out for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely fantastic. Only have minor suggestions to add and am always suggesting Clio to people.

It keeps us really organized and gives our client's up to the minute updates on their cases.

Clio review by <span>Sean R.</span>
Sean R.

"The only way to practice law in 2017"

What do you like best?

Clio is an essential asset to our practice. We have found the app intuitive yet advanced. We have recovered significant amounts of fees as a result of using the practice management software.

What do you dislike?

It would be so amazing if it had accounting integrated. Also need better larger picture overview of firm billings and financial analytics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to learn the product and all its features. It will come back in its value quickly.

It is solving recapturing otherwise lost billings as well as solving the challenges of having a highly mobile and paperless practice.

Clio review by <span>Sarah S.</span>
Sarah S.

"Legal software."

What do you like best?

Keeping each client separate as well as each case. Some clients have multiple cases. I like that you can put down many different modes of contact information. Everyone at Clio is very friendly and helpful. I've had a couple of problems with the program and have had them resolved very quickly.

What do you dislike?

Not able to customize fields in most areas. The calendar can have things deleted and then they pretty much disappear. We had someone breaking into our system and deleting things and we only caught it because I had to use this back-door way to see things deleted. The billing functions are very strange. You can't just pay a bill and have it attached to the beginning of the balance, you have to bill the amount on any one bill and then move to the next. For instance, if you bills are 100 and 300 respectively and your client pays you 400, you have to post that as 2 payments, one for 100 on the bill for 100 and another on the bill for 300 to pay that off. It sometimes makes clients uncomfortable to see it paid out that way because they know they paid $400, but we don't have any payments of $400. Which means we also keep documentation in notes, which is a waste of time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have someone working with the software who knows how to keep track of things. Sometimes it can be hard to remember things and the reminder functions are somewhat difficult to use.

Keeping digital files is imperative today. This doesn't matter what field you are in, but prior to working in the legal field, I worked in nursing homes and found that the more automated and electronic your business can be, the more you can actually get done. I have recently increased our use of the documents function and have found that this is very helpful. If we lived in an area where everyone lives in the future, it would make it a little easier (my boss can't print something on the spot in a place that doesn't have broadband access, for instance), but when the other areas of the world become accessible to it, this will become even more useful.

User in Law Practice

"Clio Law Practice Management "

What do you like best?

Clio is a robust practice management system that can be tailored to meet the needs of almost any firm, regardless of size or practice area. Documents, communication, tasks, and billing can all be handled within Clio. Clio also integrates with a number of third party vendors, which can be quite helpful at times. Tech support is readily available when needed.

What do you dislike?

The learning curve can be a little frustrating at first. Clio has so many features available and if you don't take the time to learn how to use them, you won't get much out of the software. In addition, Clio's pricing is based on the number of employees in the firm and employees (even support staff) can't share login information. For our firm, our support staff rarely, if ever, log in to Clio. But since we want them to have access to the files and information within Clio, we have to pay monthly subscription fees for them.

I've used Clio in a few different environments and have found it quite helpful in organizing documents, encouraging and facilitating communication and collaboration, time tracking, and other general case management needs.

"user friendly"

What do you like best?

The document automation feature with templates was one of my favorite features. This saved me time in creating standard disengagement letters as well as entries of appearance. I appreciate that I can easily pull the firm's account ledgers and view by date or by matter. Matters are also numbered by date added, and they offer a free trial to test the program. Clio is often availanle

What do you dislike?

I wish I could print individual client trust ledgers when I am in the client's matter. Instead, I have to go to the reports feature. This is fine, but when closing out matters I would prefer to be able to do everything in one area. The software is not client friendly. I dislike that LawPay doesn't integrate back into clio for payments. For example, if I send a client an invoice on LawPay and they pay, it will not log the payment, I have to manually go back in to clio to track the payment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Clio is great for creating documents from templates. I had several form letters and basic entry of appearance templates that saved me a lot of time.

Clio integrates with Lexicata, which we like for being able to send clients documents to esign. We are saving time with templates and document automation. Also, the LawPay membership with our subscription level is nice as I do like that software for payments.

Clio review by <span>Stephanie A.</span>
Stephanie A.

"Intuitive case management software"

What do you like best?

Recording time and billing clients is simple.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes you have to click on several different tabs to get to a single piece of information. Bills should be able to sort by last payment date. When you type a date, you have to type mm/dd/yyyy - it will not fill in the missing information for you.

We moved from paper-based record keeping to electronic case management, which has created a much more streamlined workflow, and better ease working remotely.

Clio review by <span>Loraine M. D.</span>
Loraine M. D.

"Clio has improved a lot of things for our practice"

What do you like best?

The time tracking is great. The timers work well and it's very easy to track multiple matters. I've saved several hours each month from not having to enter time separately from written records and I don't think I'm losing as much. The ability to link contacts to different matters is also helpful, and the client portal is great.

What do you dislike?

The expense entry system is clunky; it would be much better if we could set up different types of expenses with a set value and then just enter the number of items for that expense charge. The billing system is also clunky, and a payment recorded on a previous invoice does not show on a later invoice, which means it's more difficult to send clients an update on their bills, and it would be nice if it were easier to set up interest on accounts and to generate copies of overdue bills that need to be sent again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's not the best choice for a stand-alone contacts management program, so we use Google Contacts alongside Clio, and it does NOT sync well with that program, so be prepared to manage two separate sets of contacts. But, it is very easy to set up a contact in Google and then import it into Clio, so it's not so bad.

Time entry has greatly improved, and we can now more easily track hours billed by each timekeeper, which is great. It's also improving the ability to check for conflicts, and that should be better over time as the links to contacts develop.

Clio review by <span>David M.</span>
David M.

"Best all in one solution out there"

What do you like best?

The Notes and time tracking feature eliminates traditional docketing and memos to file, and the quickbill makes it really easy for me to put an invoice together. The accounting is good enough for keeping the flow of money straight, and it helps keep tabs of the individual trust accounts and expenses.

What do you dislike?

The Accounting could be more robust. The Dashboard Firm Metrics seems unfinished when it could be so much more useful. There's a lot of untapped potential with Clio, and they just need to step that up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's simple, straightforward, and easy to use. I looked around extensively and it really is the best option out there.

It's a great firm management and case management system that keeps my files organized and up to date.

Clio review by <span>Trish P.</span>
Trish P.

"Complete, Customizable, Connected - Clio"

What do you like best?

Clio combines the best practices in database management with an intuitive, easy-to-grasp interface on static and mobile platforms. I like that the same data can be viewed on our desktops in the office, laptops in the field and mobile phones with ease.

What do you dislike?

Billing for complex clients and matters can be cumbersome. If you are used to billing through quickbooks directly, you will be frustrated at first.

Recommendations to others considering the product

View all of their billing videos during your trial period. You might find their billing procedures to be too cumbersome if you are used to doing simple invoices in Quickbooks, for example. However, if you are looking for a "single-login" solution to practice management, client and matter management, and billing, you will like this software

Decreasing reliance on paper, making our attorneys more efficient on-the-go, because all notes, communication, client contact information, documents and calendar are accessible through one login - the clio app.

Administrator in Law Practice

"Clio has every feature I was looking for"

What do you like best?

I like that all of my invoices look every professional. I like that it helps me keep all of my information extremely organized.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes things are not as organized a I would like them to be. They are not set up how I "would" have set them up. I wish there was a case timeline that included calendar events, etc. so you could quickly look and say okay we went to court on Monday and this filing was submitted 3 weeks later, etc. - like an actual calendar of the matter progress.

Clio keeps my firm organized. There is a place for every needed information for each matter.

Clio review by <span>Beate W.</span>
Beate W.

"Clio has transformed my practice"

What do you like best?

Where do I start? My files are always available no matter where I work from or where I travel to. It is amazing to have instant access, log time work, and bill all by using one platform.

Clio has transformed my solo-practice and I have never looked back.

What do you dislike?

I honestly do not have any complaints. It sounds hard to believe, but it is absolutely true.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get a trial and try it out. When implementing be sure to use all aspects of the product for maximum benefit.

One of the biggest challenges is to determine whether or not clients have received documents, messages, etc. Using Clio gives me the ability to send documents in a secure environment and also enables me to see that the information was received.

Clio review by User

"Clio Keeps getting better"

What do you like best?

Universal Search across all data, task lists, integration with a large number of third party applications. Fairly flexible for different practice areas.

What do you dislike?

Would appreciate a better integration of email. A built in internal communicator such as slack or Gchat. Would. We are grandfather in but price is starting to increase.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test all options and find the one that fits your needs best.

Overall firm management, central location for all matter information, task and case management, time keeping, and billing. Clio allowed me to truly become virtual and mobile, I can work pretty much from anywhere with the internet.

Clio review by <span>Graham  H.</span>
Graham H.

"Greater focus on clients "

What do you like best?

Removes the administration side of the business, which allows us to improve client experience. This has really improved our service.

What do you dislike?

No batch entry option for payments is one of a few minor issues. Nothing of note though.

It really is the place to go for all of our small business billing needs.

Clio review by <span>Cindi S.</span>
Cindi S.

"Clio has saved me time and kept me organized!"

What do you like best?

Clio tracks my performance - daily, weekly, monthly and yearly - in an easy to view visual. This has kept me motivated and accountable.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything that I dislike about Clio. Seriously.

Recommendations to others considering the product

5 stars. Recommend without hesitation.

The biggest problem I've solved is capturing time that would otherwise be lost - through the use of the mobile app I am able to track time when I return emails away from the office. These were lost time before I had Clio and its mobile app.

Administrator in Law Practice

"Maximize Productivity, minimize hassle"

What do you like best?

Clio allows me to centralize my Matter, Client, Billing, and Timekeeper information in a single program, with a relatively intuitive interface, which I enjoy. I especially enjoy the ability to maintain documents within each matter, store them securely, and access them remotely from my Ipad of cell phone.

What do you dislike?

I wish Clio had a native accounting component to go with its billing features. Clio integrates with other programs like Xero and Quick books, but does not itself support high level accounting functions. At times I have found this tedious, as I have to migrate my information out of Clio and into Quickbooks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Clio is certainly worth experimenting with if you are looking for quality cloud based practice management software. I would recommend Clio to anyone looking for user friendly practice software, so long as they are prepared to use several of Clios 'paperless' applications.

In a word; Organization. Clio allows my office to be efficient by organizing client and matter data efficiently, allowing attorneys and staff to keep better track of the tiem they are spending on matters, and allowing us to recall files much easier.

Clio review by <span>Daniel C.</span>
Daniel C.

"Clio makes my practice run"

What do you like best?

Clio is the central hub of my practice: calendar, billing, documents, tasks, etc. Everything is together. Clio makes keeping track of billable activities much easier than without practice management software.

What do you dislike?

Document automation is useful, but still very basic. Would be helpful to have more sophisticated document automation options.

I opened a solo practice right out of law school. Clio's reasonable monthly rates made subscribing an easy decision. Right away, I got into the habit of entering clients, automating documents, sending files and communications through a secure portal. Clio encouraged these great habits, made them simple and consistent.

Clio review by Administrator in Writing and Editing
Administrator in Writing and Editing

"Case Management for Professionals"

What do you like best?

Clio is excellent because it tracks the case progression, time and expenses, and retains other information that's essential to meeting deadlines. The calendar feature is essential, especially for those who work in litigation.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the issues Clio has with syncing to OneDrive, but I believe that may be a Microsoft issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend taking the time to learn the template feature, as well as any VOIP add-ons that may assist with phonecalls and maintaining phone time for attorneys.

We are more effective in client service and scheduling issues; keeping track of court rules and minor things that otherwise run risk of slipping through the cracks.

User in Law Practice

"A user-friendly program that saves tons of time."

What do you like best?

I originally signed up for Clio to help me capture time and generate bills quickly. Clio is worth it for that alone, but it is also an excellent way to manage case information in one place. I love that it connects with the G Suite and can be used anywhere. Clio is also incredibly easy to use and one can learn how to use it very quickly.

What do you dislike?

I wish it had a few more features; specifically, I wish I had the ability to note that time I am logging is "no charge" as I am entering it in on a case. Without the ability to note that I am not charging for the time I am logging, the dashboard data becomes meaningless to me. The dashboard feature seems very useful, but it is normal in my practice to note all time spent on a case, whether it is discounted as a courtesy or not.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Clio is not only an excellent product, but they are constantly developing new features and have an excellent sales and customer support team.

Clio frees up a ton of my time, which I can then use on my cases or to manage my practice. As I mentioned, I originally signed up with Clio because billing manually was taking a ton of my time. Clio had the most customizable billing themes of any of the online practice management programs that I reviewed. I have been very happy with the other ways that it saves me time and keeps me organized.

Administrator in Law Practice

"Clio is a fantastic practice management software!"

What do you like best?

The user interface is intuitive and easy to use. You feel like everything is at your fingertips. This is particularly true if you use the custom matter and client fields to record data you want to have easy access to.

As well, Clio's customer support is great and the software is always improving.

What do you dislike?

Accounting and bookkeeping needs cannot be fully satisfied by Clio alone. I use Xero in conjunction with Clio and this combination works well, thought the export of data from Clio to Xero is not seamless, particularly with respect to trust accounting. That being said, this solution is workable and can be fully compliant with Law Society of Upper Canada bookkeeping requirements. I have been through a spot audit and a full practice review and passed with flying colours.

The other main issue I have is that there is nothing in place to warn the user that there is no future court date diarized for a matter that is making its way through the courts. Without this check and balance, there is a risk of missing a court date if you forgot to put a new one in after the last one. The only way to make sure this isn't happening is to manually go through each open matter and confirm that it has a future court date input.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be aware that Clio alone will not satisfy all of your accounting needs. You will need another program, such as Xero or Quickbooks as well.

Clio saves time! The centralization of all information about a matter makes it convenient to input and to retrieve information. As well, multiple users can efficiently access and add to a matter, so everyone stays up to date.

User in Law Practice

"Love Clio, but yearning for more"

What do you like best?

Clio is a one stop shop for law firm management. Time tracking, billing, contact management, document storage, its all there.

What do you dislike?

Unlike other law firm management software, like PCLaw, documents cannot be opened, edited, and saved within Clio. Multiple versions can be saved and tracked, but often times, I just want to be able to edit a document and have it save right to the client file for later use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use and great for client and time management. Easy to save client documents to the Clio cloud. But, you can't edit documents within Clio and have to re-save updated documents. Only really good for saving final versions to the client file. Prefer it over PCLaw for billing and time keeping, but I prefer PCLaw for document management.

Time management and billing. It's easy to track time and efficiently bill clients.

User in Law Practice

"Can't imagine life without it!"

What do you like best?

It has all the components I need to organize my practice and it works nicely with other products as well (such as G Suite, Quickbooks, Apptoto, Prima Facie for forms). I like the interface and the customer support has been amazing, with really knowledgeable reps and nearly no wait.

What do you dislike?

I would like more plain text entry boxes. Other than that, I don't dislike anything! It's great!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't wait, just sign up right away!

I am running my own law practice with no support staff, and Clio makes it easy to stay organized.

Clio review by <span>Alexander P.</span>
Alexander P.

"Great Work in Progress"

What do you like best?

The flexibility of working with a company that's not too big to add a custom feature, or even to add a custom feature on the spot, the same day you request it at one of their conferences...

What do you dislike?

Would really like an offline syncing application that would allow me to use Clio when I have no internet, with a sync occurring once I get back to civilization. But you can't have everything all at once...

Save time and increase organization. Have access to all my data on the go...

User in Law Practice

"Efficient System for Contacts, Billing, Calendaring"

What do you like best?

Clio is a great platform for case contacts, billing, calendaring and documents, keeping everything in the cloud.

What do you dislike?

Depending on who enters a contact, and if they do or do not associate it with a matter, it is kind of a hunt to figure out who the contact is, and why they are in there. Would be nice to have a notes section for matters.

I love how easy it is to track billing. Makes end of month bill time more efficient.

Clio review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Simple and Easy "

What do you like best?

I enjoyed the easy billing system. It was very easy to track legal research and was easy integrate with other apps which was helpful on the run. It was easy to track and find cases that my boss and I were working on. Also it had great customer support. Above all it met the generational needs in the office from the old less tech minded to the young intern who could navigate the clio with apps.

What do you dislike?

I had no major dislikes I wish the company we merged with used this system we us Perfect Law. This is a very simple system to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this system to anyone because of its simplicity and accessibility to other apps. The customer service is excellent and give great support to trouble shoot any issues that may arise.

The drafting of legal documents , and how to track legal research in billing , the flexibility with apps for our younger staffers who like to used their tablets to complete tasks. The benefit is organization and ease

Administrator in Law Practice

"Great tool for practice management!"

What do you like best?

I love that Clio is a one-stop shop for practice management - all of your firm's information (contacts, client files, billing, phone messages, reports, etc.) are all in one program that can be accessed from anywhere. The mobile app makes life easy for the on-the-go attorney too! Both the online program and the app are so user friendly!

What do you dislike?

We use a sync between Quickbooks Online (QBO) and Clio so that the payments made in Clio sync directly over to QBO which makes it really handy for preparing deposits. I don't like, though, that I can't manually ask the program to sync. It is supposed to sync immediately but there are often times when I post a payment in Clio and it will take 5-10 minutes of refreshing before it shows up in QBO. When I am in a hurry, I don't have 5-10 minutes to wait for a payment to sync to deposit it!

The biggest benefit for us has been organization. All of our firm information being in one place saves a lot of time searching for hard copies of documents or other desired information from a client file.

"Great Software"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that it is easy to navigate. Clio is built for employees to use the software without extensive training. I've used software in the past that required weeks of training which I feel is a bit ridiculous.

What do you dislike?

It's very rare however I don't like when the servers are busy. I experienced this today for the first time in about 5 months.

With Clio I am able to log the amount of time spent on a case and do much more.

Clio review by <span>Jessica B.</span>
Jessica B.

"Practice anywhere, intuitively"

What do you like best?

My practice goes with me wherever I go. Forgot to bill time before leaving on travel? No big deal, I can catch up on the app from the airport or my laptop.

What do you dislike?

Dashboard could be improved a bit by looking at recovered $$ since 100% recovery is unlikely given discounts and write offs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do a free trial and see how it works for your practice.

The time I spend invoicing is so minimal now. And I love how it handles time ticketing and trust accounting. Plus the integration with LawPay is awesome. So much "management" time saved = more time for generating revenue.

User in Law Practice

"Best Practice Organizing System"

What do you like best?

I like that it keeps all of our firm's important and confidential information in one secure place.

What do you dislike?

I wish the program was better at detecting typos and mispelled names. For instance, if I miss or incorrectly add in one character, it would not show up in search

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take some time to click around the app to figure out its functionality

This is the only application we use to keep all of our documents and information electronically stored together.

Clio review by <span>Jonathan S.</span>
Jonathan S.

"Great program"

What do you like best?

Clio allows my practice to be more efficient while allowing me the freedom to work from anywhere!

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything that I do not like!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think anyone considering law practice management software should consider Clio.

My law practice is running more efficiently and allowing me to have more time with my kids!

Clio review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"Good program but not good for criminal law"

What do you like best?

It is a good time keeper, while there is room for improvement, the calendar is a good way to match dates with clients. Also I like that they have templates that your can use to do documents.

What do you dislike?

I dont like that it doesnt support criminal cases as much as it can. For example, I cannot use the add a rule features because many of the things that will happen is not in the trigger.

Its help keep the calendar in sync, which effectively make sure court dates are not missed

Clio review by <span>Keith A.</span>
Keith A.

"Clio's simple interface and top quality support helps our business to thrive"

What do you like best?

Clio's software is cross platform, allowing us to work in the office, or on the move. It's robust, easy to learn and regularly updated. Clio's support has been excellent.

What do you dislike?

All cloud based solutions have some limitations - and some of the terminology is very US lawyer centric - we are a multi disciplinary practice in the UK.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Clio is a strong contender - especially when comparing to other UK based software that hasn't been written with the cloud in mind.

Clio introduced firm wide CRM to professionals of different disciplines and tech skills in a simple and efficient way.

Clio review by <span>David G.</span>
David G.

"Clio Makes Managing Your Clients Easy"

What do you like best?

Being able to track tasks per matter. The automation for tasks.

What do you dislike?

Some features still missing. Would like Clio connect to show clients where we are with their case.

Easy access to client info, task tracking and automation.

Clio review by <span>Tony V.</span>
Tony V.

"Clio is the Best Practice Management Software - Bar None"

What do you like best?

Clio makes it a piece of cake to manage a firm.

What do you dislike?

I feel like they keep their road map and feature list too private. It would be really nice if they had a "User Voice" page or something like that.

Clio has been great for the case management side of things. I helps us know that we're always moving our cases forward.

Clio review by User in Higher Education

"Great management system for law firms"

What do you like best?

The time management system in clio works well along with the organziation of client matters and notes. the ability to see all of my colleagues work on a particular client matter is also extremely helpful. The calendar function is very useful also, along with their mobile app, which allows me to schedule future client meetings while I'm away from the office.

What do you dislike?

For one, the ability to run reports on client information apart from billing is minimal, the exporting of client matter notes is also in poor format and seems to come out poorly when exported to PDF

organizing client files and managing cases.

Clio review by <span>Francine L.</span>
Francine L.

"Great for the Small Firm!"

What do you like best?

LOVE the redesign! They made it easier to access and use!

What do you dislike?

Most of the issues I had were resolved in the latest version.

It's great for solving the systems issues for the small law firm.

Clio review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"A big step forward"

What do you like best?

Clio is a good option for taking your practice to the cloud. It has lots of great features! I love that Clio is always trying to improve their services for their clients. Their support is also awesome!

What do you dislike?

Our office does not like that you have to upload and download documents from the cloud. It would be nice to have a desktop installed Clio app for synching.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The software isn't perfect. It is nice to have a good workflow in place and then adapt it to Clio.

Clio provides excellent mobility. There is no more hoping that Logmein works. Clio can be accessed from any internet connected device. Also, we previously did not have access to the calendar remotely. Now we do!

Clio review by Administrator in Legal Services
Administrator in Legal Services

"Great time-keeping tool! "

What do you like best?

Clio is VERY user friendly, and if you have any issues, the customer support team is right there to help you.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike, if anything. Only thing that could be easier would be the custom bill theme, making it more direct in what part of the bill a specific heading is talking about. Integration with bill pay and QuickBooks- it does not put the expense in as a separate bill.

It is very easy to keep track of attorney time, foreign fees, patent office fees, and others. The reports are very easy to read aslo.

Clio review by <span>Pamela R.</span>
Pamela R.

"It is easy to learn, user friendly, help is there when you need it, totally convenient."

What do you like best?

I like that it is totally available where ever i am. I like that i can bill as i go.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the Expense Snippets, they need to be like the time entries.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Change to Clio as quick as you can because you will save money, time and you will get paid.

I am entering all expenses and getting reimbursed and not forgetting to bill for expenses and i am not forgetting billable time. I am getting paid.

Clio review by <span>Danielle S.</span>
Danielle S.

"Clio "

What do you like best?

It is easy for daily time entries to input

What do you dislike?

It is harder to use online than rhe app.

There are quite a few features available in Clio

Clio review by <span>Annette V.</span>
Annette V.

"Simple to Use"

What do you like best?

Integration is the key when using law software, CLIO does a very good job with the process

What do you dislike?

I do not believe this quite fits in as a negative. I need to figure out how to integrate the form letters for mass mailing.

Billing is no longer and issue for the firm, we are able to print multiple bills along with reports

Clio review by User

"Clio: A Good Solution for Busy Lawyers"

What do you like best?

Total practice integration. I like that I am able to see client budgets, work performed, and outstanding tasks all from the client matter area. The client portal is also much more useful than I had first expected; its efficient and clients seem to like it.

What do you dislike?

There is somewhat of a learning curve. It is not impossible and the return is worth the effort. Expect to do some training before you feel completely comfortable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try and invest some time. It is a better solution than many disparate applications.

A better understanding of my firm's financial position.

User in Law Practice

"Best Practice Management Software"

What do you like best?

Ability to customize, time tracking, billing, and overall client matter management.

What do you dislike?

Lack of CRM rich features, which would allow the user to link people to events and other contacts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Clio offers hands-down the best value all-encompassing law practice management software on the market. It is highly customizable, offers great time tracking and billing functionality, and unlimited cloud document storage, and is a must-have for any entrepreneurial facing law firm.

Incredibly accurate time tracking, which allows our law firm to effectively manage time management, workflow, and ROI.

Clio review by <span>Michelle C.</span>
Michelle C.

"Great Customer Service - EVERY Time!"

What do you like best?

I appreciate the great customer service when I call that is courteous, knowledgeable and patient.

What do you dislike?

I have had no difficulties. Only wished that I could do a statement of accounts for a particular matter.

Applying payments from clients to outstanding invoices and being able to give account details to clients when requested.

"Clio is amazing!"

What do you like best?

I like the case management and bank account elements.

What do you dislike?

The training webinars often go too fast and don't give me a chance to practice what I've learned before it goes on to other info. The document automation is an example. I'd suggest that you break them down into more parts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try it; I'm sure you'll like it!

Billing is one of the problems I've solved with Clio. It's simple and easy to put in my time and expenses, lets me prepare draft invoices and make corrections to the draft invoices. Since billing is a part of the whole system, it works well.

Clio review by <span>Kate S.</span>
Kate S.

"Management and Billing information is perfect."

What do you like best?

So easy to use, simply one of the best organisational software it could be, easy to sort calculations and tax.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how it sometimes can freeze whilst inputting large amounts of data, but even then, it is only momentarily.

Sorting out Tax and billing has been made extremely simple.

Clio review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

"A Life Saver"

What do you like best?

Clio is the total package; you can track time, store files, bill, calendar, etc. I always recommend!

What do you dislike?

Not a fan of some of their updates, less user friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you can wrap your head around the updates, this will save you a ton of time.

Taskmanagement has improved drastically.

Administrator in Law Practice

"I use Clio everyday and I love it!"

What do you like best?

Clio is easy to use. It's cloud-based. The customer support is by far the best I've found.

What do you dislike?

Their mobile app for iPhone needs a lot of work. I always just use the web-version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the easiest to use legal software I've ever seen. It is totally intuitive and whatever you don't know how to do, Clio's amazing support team can assist you with.

It's so great having our calendar, contacts, matters, billing, and time-keeping all in one place.

User in Law Practice

"Clio is a useful cloud based tool for law firms"

What do you like best?

Clio Is very easy to use and it has everything you need all in one place. You are able to use it for time tracking, managing various different calendars, case management, and so many other things!

What do you dislike?

They recently increased the prices for Clio so it can get expensive depending on how many people are in your law firm

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Clio especially for smaller firms, it’s a great tool to maximize productivity.

Having every tool and program you need all in one place for everyone in your firm to access if needed

User in Law Practice

"Great for timekeeping and storage"

What do you like best?

Being able to access and share all documents from any computer and the ease of tracking time or billing. It is also simple to add notes to the timesheet.

What do you dislike?

Took a while to organize the uploads and figuring out where they were saved

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recomend this for billing and time management. Additionally, it is very convenient to to have all your cases in one place and to have your specific team have access to them. You can hide or can view what materials

Time keeping and document sharing

Clio review by <span>Jordan C.</span>
Jordan C.

"Easy and Customizable"

What do you like best?

I really like that it integrates so well with other programs, especially Zapier. Because of that we can customize it do do all the things we want.

What do you dislike?

It seems to be mostly catered to a large corporate firm structure and not to small plaintiff firms like mine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test it out. I bet you'll like it.

Efficiency has gone up. I can now work remotely easily. Most importantly I can automate a lot of tasks.

"Clio is user friendly"

What do you like best?

I like Clio because I can understand how to use it within 1-2 hours. It is very intuitive.

What do you dislike?

Nothing! It's great. I do not have any negative feedback.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you hate learning new computer systems like me, Clio is great! It is very user friendly

Billing made easy.

Clio review by <span>Kate S.</span>
Kate S.

"So user friendly! Love the access and layout! "

What do you like best?

Clio's user interface is very friendly and easy to access in the office and on the go! It really helps with productivity and management.

What do you dislike?

I have yet to find a fault! It's surprisingly easy to use!

Easy for tracking revenue and correcting estimating my costs.

User in Law Practice

"Clio is great for tracking your time!"

What do you like best?

Clio is super helpful for our firm to keep track of attorneys, clerks, and staff's billable hours. It makes billing and sending client invoices extremely easy.

What do you dislike?

Some features are unnecessary and can be ignored. This is not really an issue, and the features are likely useful for other types of users.

As mentioned previously, sending client invoices has been extremely streamlined since using this program. It also allows employees to track hours in live time which creates an extremely accurate timeline of billable hours.

Clio review by <span>Devika L. C.</span>
Devika L. C.

"Never solo with Clio"

What do you like best?

Easy access and document storage from emails with attachments.

What do you dislike?

Financial controls are limited and do not accurately reflect my flat fee set up goals and achievements.

Time management as a solo practitioner means you wear every hat in the business. The benefits of Clio are those that make the transition between secretary, scheduler, and case manager seamless.

User in Law Practice

"Effective and easy to use billing software."

What do you like best?

Billing Timer feature is convenient and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Preparing actual bills for clients is a multi-step, confusing process. At times, the bills are hard to read as the retainer balance does not show.

More efficient way for attorneys to record time when billing clients.

Clio review by Administrator

"Great Organizational Tool"

What do you like best?

Clio's task management is amazing and helps us to stay organized and to follow-up regularly with clients. Billing is also smooth. Sharing bills is a time saver.

What do you dislike?

Cannot run a trust ledger per attorney, it is for the whole firm

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software will keep you very organized and on top of your matters. It also interacts well with other software such as LawPay and Lexicata.

Following up on open matters to keep the workflow steady. Regular income, less loss.

Clio review by Administrator

"Legal practice management made simple and available"

What do you like best?

- Easy to access, on PC, iPad or iPhone

- Simple billing routines

- Secure portal for GDPR-compliant communication with courts, clients, counterparts and co-counsels.

What do you dislike?

- Document production. I dislike the regime on downloading and uploading documents under production. However, the Alpha Drive addon has solved this issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The best in our test. But in order to streamline production of legal documents, the Alpha Drive addon is neccessary.

Working out of office is much easier than it used to be.

View Original

"useful but sometimes difficult to operate software "

What do you like best?

I use and enjoy the calendar and billing tabs the most. The billing has many different options to sort.

What do you dislike?

I MUCH prefer the old layout. The new one is far too particular.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the old layout if you can

Billing and bookkeeping

"Great Customer Service"

What do you like best?

Customer service is excellent. They work closely with team members to improve their product based on customer feedback which is important.

What do you dislike?

It is lacking some functionality and flexibility with respect to billing clients, particularly in contingency matters.

Great time keeping software.

"Great File Manager "

What do you like best?

Clio is a great way for a small to midsize firm to organize and manage their cases. The program allows multiple users to edit docs on multiple devices.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the user interface. It isn’t as friendly as other software programs. But overall a great product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely a great product to begin organizing your case load on a computer. Clio has been on the forefront of the legal industry trending more digital.

File management and organization.

"Excellent"

What do you like best?

The ability to add tasks and notes to each client matter so that I can keep track of where I am with each file without physically writing it down

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it doesn't sync contacts and such with my boss' Microsoft Outlook account. He is older and will not learn how to use Clio so I constantly have to hunt down contact information and play with the sync options.

Organization. My co-worker and I are much more organized and on top of client issues thanks to Clio.

Administrator in Law Practice

"Great for growing firms"

What do you like best?

Clio is easy to scale, making adding new attorneys or support staff simple. With month-to-month billing, I am able to increase or decrease my firm's use as necessary.

What do you dislike?

The roll-out of the newest version had a few issues, such as the timer occasionally appearing to reset when billing client matters. They have since fixed this and I have not seen any other problems.

Clio is our primary tool for time tracking, invoicing, and matter management.

Clio review by User in Higher Education

"Great for file management"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use and convenient for maintaining client information.

What do you dislike?

The app is not as easy to use as the desktop version.

Keeping all client documents and case notes electronically in one decoys place.

Clio review by User in Higher Education

"Easily navigable interface, good team communication tool, and easy billing"

What do you like best?

It's easy to find and bill a task. Client management is easy.

What do you dislike?

Some bits are clunky. The mobile app needs work for ease of use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend this product.

It helps organize clients and track progress toward goals.

User in Legal Services

"Worked well, but overpriced for what it does "

What do you like best?

I liked that it was fairly user friendly.

What do you dislike?

I think the price was fairly steep for what it does.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Maybe consider having a smaller price for small firms or nonprofits

Keeping track of things for law firm

Administrator in Law Practice

"Clio for the Small Law Firm"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use and has a simple interface. Also, they are always willing to hear advice for features that should be added

What do you dislike?

During updates, the system is slow. Updates happen quite often.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared to have a small learning curve and period where you modify the software to meet your businesses needs

Billing and tracking client data in one source