Clio

Clio provides a web-based practice management, time & billing and client collaboration platform for small to mid-sized law firms.

Work for Clio?

Learning about Clio?

Clio Reviews

Ask Clio a Question
Showing 122 Clio reviews
Clio review by <span>Brenda M.</span>
Brenda M.

Solid Solution for Solos / Small Firms

What do you like best?

Intuitive interface - it is easy to learn to use this product with reasonable proficiency. Responsive support when you need it - chat and phone. Flexibility provided by numerous integrations - lets you add functionality not offered by the primary program. Comprehensive dashboard gives a good overview of firm metrics. Multiple methods of delivering invoices and documents to clients to suit your preferences. Handles trust accounting well.

What do you dislike?

Poor handling of past-due invoices - Clio payments link only allows payment of current invoice, not full amount. The workaround is to email the bill manually and provide a LawPay link, if you use LawPay.

Would prefer more batch-entry options for time and payments as well.

It would be nice to be able to cc yourself / the firm on billing emails.

Reporting functions could be a bit more robust / allow for greater customization - sometimes it is a bit difficult to pull data that I want, but it is nice to be able to export it to other formats (excel, csv, pdf, etc.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make use of the trial offered, to make sure it works for your needs.

Clio answers my small firm's need for legal billing, and helps me with practice management issues (like offering a secure portal for document sharing, cloud storage, etc.) It is a solid solution for a solo practitioner. It does not completely replace accounting software, but gives you enough to get started and handles trust well.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Clio
Clio review by <span>Carony C.</span>
Carony C.

All-in-One Management Practice with Banking features

What do you like best?

The price and the plethora of features this case management program contains. First, the price is absolutely the best in the business. I can't say enough how affordable this program is. Price is based on each user and they have 3 tiers. The features seem endless: you can organize your whole case in this program (i.e., contacts, time entries, calendaring deadlines), bookkeeping and most importantly, keeping track of your IOLTA Account. You can generate billings from your time entries. You can accept payments electronically. You can send documents directly and securely to your clients through the program. One of the most valuable thing this program does is it also calculates all the court deadlines for you. That feature alone is one of the most valuable tool. Having been a paralegal for the past 20 years, I have learned that most of these features are offered through separate programs and you pay significantly for them. Clio helps a solo practitioner compete with the corporate giant law firms by keeping their practice expenses down.

What do you dislike?

The only part about the calendaring program that drives me nuts is having to put in the reminders every time I calendar a deadline. I usually have reminders at 2 weeks, 1 week and then 2 days for all deadlines and it would be nice to just set up the reminder once and then be able to recall the reminders whenever I have to calendar a deadline.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Clio is very user friendly, and intuitive. The best part is if you have a laptop or an ipad, you can basically access Clio anywhere. If you want an affordable case management program with banking features that includes IOLTA Account, a court deadline calculator program, and a billing program with cloud storage, then Clio is the one for you. Clio is the best practice software and most affordable cloud program for a solo practitioner.

We've realized a lot more profits with Clio and have had to use less software as Clio is an all in one management program.

What Legal Case Management solution do you use?

Clio review by <span>Lorna R.</span>
Lorna R.

Easy for a Non-Tech Lawyer

What do you like best?

I love that time/billing management and case management is combined with this software. I like that I can see what's going on in the case, but also see the time billed, plus the actual bills. I like that it is cloud based, so I can access our case files remotely.

What do you dislike?

I wish the apps did as much as the website does. I would like to run filters on time entries, for example. I also wish the calendar function updated every few minutes. We have to manually refresh the calendar to make sure we have the most updated one. I also think there are quirky issues when you add or remove calendar events. For example, if I created the event, but just wanted to remove myself, not everyone else, I think the whole event gets deleted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I believe this product is affordable, but I am not sure as to actual cost. The product is the most user friendly case management/billing software I have seen. I would definitely recommend this product.

I am tracking my billable time and the revenue I generate. This helps my productivity and client management. I can easily see how much a client has in his/her trust account while simultaneously looking at the notes feature to determine what has happened in the case.

Clio review by <span>Edgar A.</span>
Edgar A.

Amazing Service!

What do you like best?

I love how the new Clio update is smoother and enhanced at the look. I appreciate all aspects of Clio and can see myself using it for literally everything. Clio has a great capability to connect with Dropbox and the Cloud. It’s easy to find a matter with Clio’s automatic matter creator and the way it syncs with DropBox after creating a letter is amazing. I feel like the best part of Clio is the new update but ultimately, it’s the best way to track all of your time, activities and tasks for law practice, docement keeping and communication!

What do you dislike?

I do not like how the Clio App does not work properly with the Fijustu Scansnap Scanner. When scanning a document it allows you to find the mater number for the document but it’s should ALSO add the information/documents to DropBox. This would save time from needing to save the same file in two different locations.

I am solving law practice problems. I no longer have to search for everything as it is on one place!

Clio review by <span>Chelsea G.</span>
Chelsea G.

Clio: A One Stop Shop for Legal Practice Management Software

What do you like best?

What I love about Clio is that it puts virtually everything our firm needs in one place, and it is a cloud-based system so I don't have to be at the office to access it. Clio integrates with a lot of other programs as well, so if we want or need to use other software it usually has the capability to work with Clio. We use the Clio for Gmail integration and are able to save all email communication directly to Clio, as well as syncing our contacts and our calendars.

Clio has all sorts of solutions for keeping track of your time, and their timers can be accessed from Gmail, the cell phone app, and anywhere within Clio. Time entries can be edited and/or duplicated and can be linked to individual employees or legal matters. You can also use Clio to keep track of client expenses.

Clio has a notes section for each matter and contact so there's no reason to use paper notes that get lost or forgotten. Clio also gives you the ability to make tasks and task lists for yourself and others. Each task for task list can also be tied to a matter, so it's easy to figure out what task you should be completing and for which client.

Clio gives you the ability to keep track of client and matter trust accounts, operating accounts, and all accounting that happens regarding a client or matter. This includes features like creating and sharing invoices and trust requests. We use Clio Payments as well, so everything really starts and ends with Clio. There are also several reports that can be run in Clio as well, and they are all fully customizable.

All in all, Clio is the hub of our legal practice.

What do you dislike?

My least favorite part about Clio is billing, but it is still very functional despite its shortcomings. I know that there are updates planned though, and until then, we still like the functionality enough that we have never considered other solutions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give Clio a chance! I cannot recommend it enough. For every "quirky" feature or feature that is lacking, there are 10 other features to make up for it. For everything that is offered with Clio, including excellent customer support, Clio is a steal!

Clio is awesome! We pretty much use Clio to solve ALL of our business problems. It's a centralized program that we use for all of our contacts, all of our billing, every legal matter, calendaring appointments for 6 staff members in two locations, tasks to be completed, timekeeping, reporting, and anything else you can think of! Clio really does make my life easier on a daily basis.

Clio review by <span>Andrew  G.</span>
Andrew G.

Awesome Case Management Software

What do you like best?

We like the flexibility and customization options Clio offers. We switched from client profiles a few years ago and never looked back. Clio is the future of our firm and implements cutting edge technology that not only increases our efficiency and saves us time, but also put our firm in a position to grow. We recently started practicing in a new area of law, and our firm was able to start doing this effectively from a case management standpoint with no problem.

What do you dislike?

As I have always said when I review Clio, the only real issue that we have is technical. Sometimes, the Clio servers are experiencing high volume or the document generator is having a technical issue. These types of problems are not common considering the fact that we use Clio all day every day, and I think they would occur regardless of the platform we chose.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Clio integrates easily with google. We switched our office to a corporate gmail account and drive account. We have no limitations on space and it is cost effective. If you get Clio, I would take a hard look at what google has to offer.

Time savings is a big one. We are constantly refining our procedures, but we can always do that with Clio. We never run into the problem of not being able to implement something due to limitations with our software. The second would be billing. I have been able to "show my attorneys the light" so to speak with the time keeping feature. It is efficient, precise, and easy to use. The last major thing would be mobile access. I use Clio on my phone and mobile devices every day.

Learn more about Clio

Clio Videos

Learning about Clio?

* We monitor all Clio reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.