Do you work for Close?

Close Reviews & Product Details

What is Close?

Close is a sales productivity platform built to help you close more deals. With built-in calling, SMS, and email—your team can communicate with prospects and customers all in one place. It’s an “all-in-one” platform which you can use standalone without needing any other sales emails tools or calling products. Close is cloud-based, affordable, easy to learn and comes with straight-forward pricing, which makes it the perfect fit for small and midsize businesses. Plans start at $65/user/month. Close is designed with the goal of making sales people as efficient as possible. Make and receive calls with just 1-click. All calls are logged automatically (no manual data entry!). Lead activity information pops up as soon as the phone rings so the data you need is always at your fingertips! Looking at scalability? With bulk email automation tools and cold calling features like the power and predictive dialer, you can reach large lead lists quickly and perform high volume sales in Close. The software also provides sales teams with a visual representation of ongoing sales processes. Primary features include lead management, global calling management, 2-way email sync, and reporting. Other features include a built-in text messaging feature, sales pipeline view, email marketing tools, and predictive dialing. The software has an open API and offers integration with 50+ applications including Zapier, Zendesk, and Wufoo. Support is offered via email, phone, online FAQ documentation, and a self-service knowledge base.

Close Screenshots

Close Reviews

1-50 of 71 total Close reviews
Close review by Omar S.
Chief Revenue Officer

"I love speaking to Competent people.... Close.io is full of them"

What do you like best?

I really like how we can create smart views to hone in on leads who need to be called. I've used them for 5 years now in 2 different companies and I am amazed how much they have grown. I also like dealing with their staff. Always helpful and really know what they are talking about. Shout out to Matt Bonde in Customer Success! He was a pleasure to work with as well as everyone at Close.io!

What do you dislike?

I would not call this a dislike but I do wish they had an app where I could answer calls from my phone and not have to be in front a computer but other than that, its an awesome software!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out. If you have a sales team, this will be perfect.

Well its a calling software and my reps make tons of calls. I'm a numbers guy so I like seeing the production numbers of my team to ensure they are working to their full potential. The ability to hold my staff accountable with reports in close.io is awesome. I always know who I can find training opportunities with.

Close review by Jonathan H.
VP Sales

"Best CRM solution in the market managed by an awesome company"

What do you like best?

The solution is super powerful, yet simple enough to keep sales people moving fast. 100% built with the sales team in mind.

What do you dislike?

The solution is expensive for most bootstrapped startups, especially if you want all the cool telephony features like call recordings, VM drop, etc. I'm happy with the value we get for what we pay, though like any good sales guy, I'm always looking for a better deal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have experience with Salesforce and various other CRM's I cannot recommend the trial high enough. Use the trial to bang on the system and implement your sales process. I'm a firm believer that anyone that gives the product a try (that fits their target demographic) will quickly become a paying customer and product/company advocate.

I've hand-picked Close.io as the CRM of choice at the last 2 startups I've worked with over a 5year+ period. The problem it solves is getting new sales people trained up on a new CRM system in days instead of weeks. From a management perspective, the reporting is extensive and I can cut and slice the data to get granular reporting on a company level, campaign level, and individual rep level.

Close review by Milan W.
Web Developer

"Very easy to control everything."

What do you like best?

I have the better overview of all our sales performance. Also, I like the way of emails, calls, tasks, and reminders are automatically organized. By all of this working tools, I always know what’s going on and what I should do next. I like a lot of thing with this platform.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any bad issues about with this platform. All of the working processes is good and doesn't bring any errors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Actually, with this software, you will have a big opportunity at your working routine. You can have a big picture understanding of your whole team’s activity for any given time period, and benchmark individual rep productivity. Very good for work just try it.

We can see all sales performance of every member of our team. Better work with emails sent, open and a number of calls made, minutes spent talking about plans and much more. We like every steps of this platform.

Close review by Lawerence C.
Social Media Specialist

"One of the best software for sales"

What do you like best?

The use is fairly easy to use, has a clean design and an excellent layout. As a business-oriented software, it starts to work with minimal problems and find a way out. In general, positive feedback from our sales team, as employees say that CRM is easy to use and allows them to call and send letters by e-mail very quickly and easily.

What do you dislike?

I would like a more complete list of keyboard shortcuts and the ability to track activity.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Close.io is an excellent software that will make your selling process quick and good. You will have the opportunity to perform tasks for all team members in each direction.

We have full access to everything that happens in the trading process. In addition, we have the ability to contact clients faster than ever and have the opportunity to get a full overview of the sent emails, the number of calls made and much more. We got a big helper in our hands, and we like to work with him.

Close review by Gerald G.
Education Coordinator
Construction

"Work much effective with the right solution."

What do you like best?

I have the easy track system of my sales trade, this makes my workflow faster. Also, I like that I can make a few calls at one time. All my emails, calls, tasks and reminders I can sort out automatically.

What do you dislike?

Generally, the software is not bad and all tools work well without any problems. The install of this product is really easy. I would like to admit that support service works well. They always give a correct advice to us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The powerful software will help you to control all sales process. The system has a very clear way of monitoring everything important that we need. With reminders, you will never miss an important part of your working task. I recommend it to you.

We have full access to everything that’s going on in the trade process. Also, we have the opportunity to get in touch with customers faster than ever. We have the chance to have a complete overview of emails sent, number of calls made and much more. In our hands' big helper and we like to work with it.

Close review by Ryland S.

"Best sales CRM I've ever used"

What do you like best?

The level of transparency on every single lead, and also into every single user is great.

The history of communications is really easy to decipher

Pipeline management is simple

Custom fields are easy to manage

What do you dislike?

PLEASE ADD IN LIVE CALL MONITORING FOR SALES MANAGERS! A major piece to a healthy sales team is coaching, and there is no better time to do sales coaching than on an active phone call. It's like coaching sports- you can't be an effective coach if you can't see what's going on on the field!

Also, please add in the ability to conference call.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure when you are implementing that you are careful about which lead statuses you use. Also, make sure to reinforce that importance of using accurate contact information and record keeping for every lead. This is crucial for the sales process.

We use Close.io as a total sales CRM tool. So the challenges (not problems) that it solves are massive. Lead management, pipeline management, communication, all the way through setting clients up. If close.io went down for even a day, our business would be severely impacted.

Close review by Shandi	 P.
Ecommerce Manager
Food & Beverages

"Enlarge performance of all your sales much easy."

What do you like best?

I can increase performance with all our sales connection in one place. Also, I like the way of inbox which keeps track of all our sales action With calls, reminders, and tasks we making our workflow better and quicker than before.

What do you dislike?

I would like to say that we like that product as during all work we don't have a chance to meet with any problems.It is always a pleasure to work with rights correct working steps.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The Close.io is great software which will make your sale process fast and better. You will have the ability to make tasks for all team members within every lead. Also, you will have the easy step of install follow-up reminders and will always know when it’s time or day to check in. I recommend it.

We are all know what is going on in our sale process which makes us don't miss important things. We can gauge our team’s productivity and a better mutual of our pipeline. We like the way of working actionable reporting lets us control every step.

Close review by Ying R.
CRM Consultant
Retail
(10,001+ employees)

"The right solution for our sales."

What do you like best?

The interface where I'm tracking my leads I can easy to understand and train salespeople on in the very better way. All my emails, calls, tasks and reminders better to solve with the automatic option.

What do you dislike?

Generally, the software is not bad and all tools work well without any problems. I don't have any error in my automatic report service which is good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The powerful software will help you to control and increase all your sales. The system has a very clear way of monitoring everything important that you will need. With reminders, you will never miss an important part of your daily task.

We have full access to everything that’s going on in the sales process. Also, we have the opportunity to get in touch with customers faster than ever. Perfect chance to have a complete overview of emails sent, number of calls made and much more.

Close review by Emile C.
Co Founder
Restaurants

"This product delivers on their promise.... IT WILL HELP YOU CLOSE DEALS"

What do you like best?

As Steli said, this tool was built from the point of view of salespeople, not sales manager and you can totally feel this when you use Close.io.Therefore It doesn't have the 9177301 useless possible integrations that other CRM might have but it has already built in all the necessary tools salespeople need to close deals. Side note, it has one of the most flexible API in the CRM industry which allows you to efficiently evolve your sales process as you grow your sales team.

What do you dislike?

Not much, it just took a bit of time for me to get adjusted to the "opportunity" section.

Close allows me to organize my clients so efficiently that I can focus most of my day on having meaningful conversations with potential clients.

Close review by Edward K.
Account Specialist

"Badass software"

What do you like best?

Close.IO's ability to create custom views of the leads based on a boatload of different search parameters is amazing. It makes it super versatile. Personally I sort leads based on what state they are in and I created a few custom lead statuses to sort them out. it's awesome. I also love that the interface is so large. Some apps like asana try to cram in too much into too little space and it's hard to visually digest the information.

What do you dislike?

Your keyboard shortcuts list sucks. There needs to be a more complete list of your keyboard shortcuts. I wish you guys had better integration into other systems like Zapier and Google Analytics.

I run sales for the entire organization. I have a few VAs based in the Philippines and CloseIO is how we make sure we hit leads when we need to hit them and NOT let them go stale.

Close review by Pat C.
Founder & CEO
Real Estate

"Getting Started with Sales"

What do you like best?

Easy to use. Clean design. The layout is great. Does what it says it will do. I have been able to get up and running with it very quickly and expect that with the help of their webinar will have the rest of the pieces working. As a business-focused software, it gets down to work with minimum fuss and bother. It organizes my inbox so I don't have to and so I don't miss any important items.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike about this software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a straight-forward software designed for sales teams, then I would strongly recommend taking close.io for a drive.

I am setting up a sales system for my company and needed to have an easy way to track leads, and follow up without leads falling through the cracks.

Close review by Scarlett B.
Chief Operating Officer
Security and Investigations

"On the go sales automation platform for sales executives on field"

What do you like best?

One thing which clicks or connects really well while using Close tool is its user interface. Easy to use and understand and less steps involved to get what a typical sales manager needs.

What do you dislike?

Absence of "Contacts" section in the tool. Would be great if there is altogether a separate tab for having all the qualified leads under the contacts section like most other CRMs,

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you guys are looking for quick adoption among your sales team for using CRM, then Close.io should be your first choice.

Consistent follow ups on qualified leads for sale. The email scheduling and the template options in the tool helped your sales managers tap on the 20% leads that earlier we were losing on account of missed follow ups.

Close review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Great for sales reps; for marketing/sales ops, not so much."

What do you like best?

- Ease of use, especially for sales reps

- Smart views enable quick and easy mini-reports

- Bulk editing of lead (company/account) records is extremely fast

What do you dislike?

- Out-of-the-box reporting, while easy-to-use, offers far too few options for companies that are scaling quickly

- User roles and permissions, although continually evolving, are far too simplistic and do not address many key security concerns

- Something as fundamental as lead ownership is not something that exists natively but rather must be added as a custom field, creating the need for custom-developed solutions (in-house and third-party) to make up for the lack of native functionality

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your due diligence, and don't rush to make the switch. Make sure that you and your team are fully aware of what functionality you could be giving up for the sake of closing deals more quickly. It may not always be worth the additional headaches.

Our company switched to Close.io from an industry-leading established CRM due to problems with integrating it into our existing work processes and systems. Clearly, the biggest benefit that we have seen since implementing Close.io has been an increased rate at which sales reps are working through their case loads and closing deals.

On the other hand, the inherent system limitations within Close.io, due to its simplicity, have caused a considerable number of headaches for the marketing/sales operations team. Not the least of which, there is no automation to speak of natively within Close.io, so we have had to rely on a number of third-party tools as well as our own developers in order to keep the amount of manual data maintenance work at roughly the same level as before we switched to Close.io

Close review by Jonathan H.
Account Executive

"Best Sales Software!"

What do you like best?

The attention and focus put on this platform being strictly for Sales is my favorite thing! Out of the gate what you get is already tailored to a Sales team; VERY little need to make it custom. They thought of everything that matters most to Sales teams.

What do you dislike?

When my company grew to a split of Sales and Support needs being 50/50 the use of the Sales platform went down since we wanted one system to do everything.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a Sales Team that is splintered in their tracking of information; Close.io is for you. If you have a new Sales team that you are not sure how to get them selling effectively with little to no training on a platform than Close.io is for you!

Stop missing pieces of conversations you have clients. I was tired of having to check my email before I called a prospect to make sure I hadn't heard back from him before my follow up call. The biggest benefit realized is that you see all communications in one area.

Close review by Administrator in Computer Software

"From an admin and operations perspective - not good."

What do you like best?

I've heard very positive feedback from our sales team, as they have said that the CRM is easy to use and enables them to call and email leads very quickly and easily. There is a power dialer, but this flawed.

What do you dislike?

I am not a part of the sales team, but rather the sales operations and implementation team. That's important to note.

There are so many basic, fundamental functions that are missing from Close.io. Firstly, there is no function to mark contacts as Do Not Call. Their suggested work around is to delete the phone number or email address if they are DNC. That is a fairly basic function, considering the possibility of reimporting the lead if we somehow come across it through an event. The CSV importer is also flawed. It cannot do checks for existing leads while updating them at the same time, hence creating duplicates. As Close.io operates in an account-based model, the power dialer mentioned previously has problems as well because you can't easily select the contact from the company that you would want to call. The reporting functions are really lacking as other reviewers as mentioned. Don't expect to get any significant data from Close.io.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are not planning to scale, this could be a good product since sales people can do their jobs more easily. However, when your number of leads and customers starts growing, this tool makes it incredibly difficult to report on and maintain.

Enables sales people to dial more, but there are so many flaws for implementation and even just maintenance (DNC, duplicates, lead imports) that we had to hire an extra person to do the mundane work of cleaning Close.io

Close review by Andrei V.

"Great sales insights"

What do you like best?

The sales strategies and insights coming from their blog

What do you dislike?

I'll have to pass on that.We are quite pleased with the value brought to the department by the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It will really helps when you want to..Go and get'em

Follow-ups become so easy since using it (never used a CRM with this feature before), I obviously like Steli and it's unspoiled, realistic, not snob approach to sales. The value I generally got as a professional since using Close.io and having access to your blog.

It takes a lot of hustle when following up, you can call directly from the app, schedule your next moves in a relationship with a prospect or customer and benefit of the templates basically allowing you to apply different approaches to building up or maintaining a connection/ partnership, optimise and all that with a minimal effort.

Close review by Administrator in Consumer Goods

"Great Product / Poor Customer Support"

What do you like best?

Interface is very clean & laid out very well. We like that we can call, send texts, keep notes, track sales cycle in one place.

What do you dislike?

It’s almost impossible to call & talk to a live person in sales or customer service. Fortunately, the software is very well-designed & works properly most of the time. But if you run into an issue or need help, expect to wait up to 24 hours. All support is handled through email. We also dislike the fact that they don’t include click tracking in emails. (They only track opens.). They also don’t provide a great mobile experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It’s mostly a self-serve product. Expect to “go it alone”

We were mainly looking for a Power Dialer to speed up sales calls. We liked the fact that their system included SMS.

Close review by Jordan K.
Solutions Director
(Myself Only)

"Try it, you'll like it."

What do you like best?

Highly focused on only what you "need" for outbound sales. Application is stable, reliable, fast. Integration possibilities abound and are easy enough that you can figure them out yourself. Very easy to work fast.

What do you dislike?

You can build a workflow/sales cadence based on their (extremely powerful) search, but it takes time and planning if you want to follow up with specific steps on a particular schedule. The app is focused on emails and calls (and SMS, too). Would be nice if they had a way to track other sales touches like social media, snail mail, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Close.IO is very simple to use, but remains powerful. I think satisfaction will be greatest for those willing to try the sales methods Close.IO recommends for using the app.

Speed of prospecting for outbound sales, easily tracking all customer interactions, improving quality of sales activities.

Close review by Fabian E. B.
Creative Director

"Robustness and seamless navigation"

What do you like best?

Provides you with a simple one sheet panel/ dashboard that's easy to understand. Best feature is the dialer and the VM drop. I can send an email with the client on the phone, and then resume the dialer in seconds.

What do you dislike?

Eventually it would be nice to have more features on the VoIP. Honestly I cant think of anything I dislike.

The efficiency of a workflow in sales requires multitasking and close allows you to work fast. Which means more time to make calls

The dialer is like a digital assistant that makes you money, not cost you money.

Close review by User in Internet

"Close allows for a easy to use user interface for all businesses."

What do you like best?

I like the fact that it is easy to keep track of all business communications with certain clients. It is fairly easy to use and we can hold one another accountable with all client communications. I also like that we can complete a lot of functions all at the same time.

What do you dislike?

The custom fields can get annoying to find. I don't like that the company is always making updates without letting users realize that the change has even happened.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend to weigh the options considering other companies. There are easier user interfaces out there for consideration.

It has become much easier to see communications with all of our clients. Multiple employees can communicate with multiple clients and it makes it so much easier to hold each other accountable when all communication is out on the interface.

Close review by Justin W.

"GREAT clean CRM "

What do you like best?

Integrations of emails and leads was great to upload existing customer base, the simplicity of filters to target an exact group of your base is simple too.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to pinpoint, it's user-friendly and simple

Recommendations to others considering the product

All in one place for lead procurement, scheduling email and phone marketing for new leads and existing customers. Close adds a great level of organization to your business.

Creating an in-house Sales system, scheduling a quarterly email blast, or scheduling telephone calls to chase leads/existing customers for orders.

Close review by Andrew H.
CEO/Founder

"Finally, a CRM that understand B2B Sales!"

What do you like best?

The simple fact that Close.io organized leads by company rather than person is awesome. Every email sent, every call made, and every note about a company and all leads within are kept in one place. No more worrying about reps contacting a company someone else is working on currently. Their new inbox feature is great as well since it provides a single screen for what a sales rep needs to get done in regards to follow ups.

What do you dislike?

The reporting could use some major upgrading. We will end up building our own reporting tool on top of their solution in order to see the data we need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Their solution walks a fine line between being exactly what your reps needs, and not being enough for your sales managers. Although, the only solutions with great reporting are the giant products that take months to get set up just right...

Improved sales rep efficiency and note taking, along with faster follow up on inbound emails from leads.

Close review by Maxime L.
Ingénieur Python/Django

"Simple yet complete CRM tool"

What do you like best?

- Fast and simple to use, easy to find the right info in few seconds

- E-mail integration, and the activity timeline on a lead in general

- Collaboration: information is available by all the staff, even professional e-mail if wanted

- The API is pretty simple and allows you to connect your own website to Close (for example to integrate leads information obtained through signup form in your public website.)

What do you dislike?

The lack of dashboard and a global activity timeline to track who does what in the day, what I need to do today, etc.

Pricing is a bit high compared to its competitors though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Close.io is great when working with multiple people in the same organization. E-mail integration is a must in this case. However by caution with the pricing, which is higher than direct competitors like Zoho, maybe Close.io is not the perfect fit for someone dealing essentialy with offline business. Plus, Close.io needs an access to Internet everytime, which can be a problem for commercials moving at clients.

Managing our prospects in order to be able to follow them and close our deals. The collaboration and exchange of information about deals is way simpler thanks to Close.io so we gain time in checking in which state is each deal. However, it really misses a super dashboard with activity of the day/week/month.

We are not using it for client follow-up even though it seems to give tools for that.

Close review by Agata L.
Rekrutujemy. Zapytaj o oferty

"Easy, modern-looking, powerful"

What do you like best?

It's a developed product that allows helping prospects (and later, customers) on every step of the customer journey. A lot of sorting possibilities, good searching algorithm, and a fair price makes Close.IO worth checking.

What do you dislike?

Adding some of the options to drop-down lists is reserved only for administrators. I understand, that it might be reasonable for large companies but for smaller groups it's just troublesome. It could be nice if this was something that senior users could disable or enable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are fed up with your current CRM system, it's worth to give it a shot. User training is quick despite a lot of options and subscription is not co costly.

We're storing the potential leads and sort them to offer them solutions tailored to their needs. With close.io we can do it more precisely.

Close review by User in Accounting

"Close.io saved my AE life "

What do you like best?

Close has made it super simple for me to handle all my daily task as an Account Executive. It allows me to essentially do everything I need to do within the platform without leaving. I have been on it for only around 4 months, but every week I'm finding ways to streamline my process to fit my needs. I originally was using Salesforce, but the UI in Close.io is 10x easier to use.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I'm not a fan of is the inbox. I wish that portion was a tad more streamlined then anything else. Although its good, I wish it had a feature that was similar to the inbox organizer Sortd. I like the idea of assigning emails as task, and this function would be implemented.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a relatively small sales team, do not use salesforce.

The business problems that were solving are lead tracking, lead generations, crm, sales processes, funnel management, categorization of marketing drips, cold calls, emails. The benefits we have realized is the full utility of close.io. We use to have multiple platforms that did multiple things, and close.io brings most of it together.

Close review by Jeff B.
President & Owner

"Close.io is easy to use."

What do you like best?

I really like how easy this software is to use and that it is cloud-based. You do download an app to your desktop, but that just syncs up with the cloud. I have a copy at my home office and at work and my data is everywhere. I also love the integration with my Google Apps for business.

What do you dislike?

I wish that the software has a mobile application so that I could access from my smartphone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you work from a desk, this is the tool for you. The ability make and track calls from the software is great. I also love that I can access the tool from home or my office.

I needed an all in one crm for me to "close" more deals and this fits the bills. I have dabbled in using bulk email automation tools to reach prospects, but these typically end up in a "promotions" tab. Close.io allows me to send emails to clients in bulk while using my business gmail address. I read another review which states that there is no drip feature, but you can integrate with other tools that add this functionality to Cose.io, but it will cost you extra.

Close review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Great For Sales, Terrible For Everything Else"

What do you like best?

Simple layout

Easy to use

Multiple features that support sales (power dialler, smart views)

Excellent search features (if used correctly - which isn't always that straight-forward)

What do you dislike?

Zero reporting

No Activity Tracking

Terrible integration with other tools

Custom fields limitations (only work at lead level)

Far too many bugs which lead to duplicate and incorrect data

Cannot merge or reassign contacts to new leads

No way to limit view/edit permissions by individual (only by roles)

Account based model which completely ignores contact or opportunity ownership

Recommendations to others considering the product

Seriously think about the automation and reporting you require from the tool since it offers next to none. Also consider the tool's integration with the rest of your sales and marketing stack since Close has very poor integration with most other tools and while it has an open API, the data it shares with other tools is in a very convoluted manner (thus making it very difficult for other tools to use that data)

Increase sales productivity, simplify sales-marketing integration, automate lead import into Close and automate lead reassignment to sales. So far, sales numbers have seen no increase since the transition to Close while Sales-Marketing integration has significantly worsened. As for automation, we have been unable to automate any part of the lead import and reassignment process

Close review by User

"Efficient, versatile tool "

What do you like best?

I love most things about this app. Most of all the ease of filtering. I have no problem creating a query that is extremely specific and helps me find exactly what I'm looking for.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a better system to sorting leads. I would prefer to have subsections rather than single categories. I also think they would be smart to open this up to more businesses. Right now, it's main focus is sales but we were able to tailor it to our needs for career placement. I think by tailoring it to different industries, they could open up their own marketing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I love this product and found that their team was always willing to listen to feedback and help us tailor the product as much as possible in order to meet our needs.

Have been able to solve a number of problems including following up with students and employers while accessing important notes and emails from other members of staff.

Close review by Dave M.
Director of BD, Sales & Alliances
Financial Services

"Very solid CRM product"

What do you like best?

Close.io has really strong base functionality, with good call, email, and lead tracking. The reporting is great for keeping tabs on a small team, and understanding basic activity metrics. Overall the application just works great out of the box, and is organized the way that I needed it to be for my software sales team.

What do you dislike?

The lack of integrations will ultimately be prohibitive for any team as they scale. There are aspects of Marketing automation, outbound prospecting, profiling, etc. that will be crucial. There aren't existing integrations with Marketo, Hubspot, etc. or Salesloft, insidesales.com, Outreach.io, etc., but the CRM piece itself is really strong.

Managing prospects through a sales cycle. Closing new business and communicating with clients.

Close review by Chris Z.
Sales Development Team Lead

"Powerful CRM for SMBs"

What do you like best?

a) super simple

b) great UX

c) amazing transparency of your communication with customers (great gmail integration)

d) smart-views allowing you to filter out basically anything!

e) not too pricey

What do you dislike?

a) very basic reporting

b) too few integrations

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before buying close.io, determine what kind of 3rd party solution you will want to integrate with it. After all, CRM should be the very heart of your organization - you should be able to keep here all the data you need.

It covers all needs of a small-medium company, amazing product for companies building their first workflows and stuff. We've managed to build the whole sales development/sales/customer success process around this product and overall were super satisfied. Unfortunately, with time it became clear that we need more advanced reporting and integration possibilities than Close.io was able to provide us with.

Close review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Makes you focus on the essential"

What do you like best?

The calling features are perfectly integrated.

Very easy and appealing to use.

Great selection & focus on features that matter.

What do you dislike?

- A little more intelligence on lead scoring (e.g. how often does a prospect follow a link in an email) would be good.

- expensive

- More marketing automation (e.g. integrated drip campaign) would be good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Eventually, it would be nice if close creates some simple inbound marketing features as well so that as a small company we can use all in one platform. We e.g. liked also the feature set in agilecrm a lot but when we tried it out it was still way too buggy so that we decided for close.io

We can track our performance much better.

Efficiency and follow up are much better.

Reporting focuses on whether we are being consistent on a daily basis.

Close review by Cody S.
Business Development Manager

"The Best Company Based CRM Available"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Close.io is how it organizes leads as companies and contacts within those companies. When selling to companies instead of individual people, this structure not only saves time for sales reps, but makes it easier for everyone on a sales team to see what contact points have been made with potential clients in the past.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I feel could be stronger is the reporting within the platform. While there are many of the basic reporting tools that you need, there are deeper ways that you can dive into the data that don't quite exist within the platform yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your company sells to groups of people instead of individuals, Close.io is very easy to manage the information. It is efficient and easy to use. If you sell to individual people, then I would opt for a different CRM.

The business case is fairly simple in that we need to be able to track our communication with current and potential customers. We sell to companies instead of individuals, and there are numerous people involved both in the selling process and using our product. By having everything in our CRM organized by company, it makes it much easier to manage all of those conversations to work through the sales process.

Aside from better organization, Close.io was also able to make us more effective with being able to send out template emails. Close.io autofills the email text box, but allows you to add customizations before sending it. While we never truly measured an exact increase in productivity, it was noticeably easier once we started using this feature.

Close review by User in Accounting

"Decent CRM"

What do you like best?

The tracking of emails from everyone to a prospect. Doesn't matter who in the company sent it, it still shows up in Close. Also being able to draft an email within the platform and save it instead of sending it comes in handy.

What do you dislike?

Doesn't sync with Salesloft, so it doesn't sync calls, pretty inconvenient. I'm not a huge fan of how the inbox links to my gmail. If I delete something in gmail, it deletes it in Close, I wish it wouldn't sync in that sense.

Follow ups, who's in the pipeline. Beneficial when it comes to looking back on past correspondence.

Close review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Simple but ambitious product "

What do you like best?

Super flexible searches. That requires some time to get used to, but everything is searchable.

What do you dislike?

Very little administrative opportunities. Everyone can see everything and pretty much do whatever he wants. Even for teams built entirely on trust that could be inconvenient

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you know that you will at some point need a more sophisticated software, will need to manage user's rights etc probably you should go with something else. If you need a versatile tool for a small team and don't have time for a lengthy setup - go ft it.

You can set everything up in 40 minutes and start calling.

Close review by Jillian L.
Director of Marketing
Education Management

"Customizable alternative to standard CRMs, not best for visual learners"

What do you like best?

Automated logging of sent/received emails, automated call tracking and recording. Ability to add custom tags, create tasks, and set automated reminders so that your sales team has peace of mind.

What do you dislike?

It's designed for engineering-type personalities -- no visualizations of the data, but rather a search bar that requires you to learn complex search formulas in order for you to sort out the data you need. Requires exporting to CSV and reworking in Excel to get the charts and graphs and other visual representations of your sales pipeline.

Salesforce was cumbersome, clunky, and inflexible, but sales teams need a CRM in order to run a sophisticated sales operation. Close.io offered us the customizable, lightweight software we were looking for, and that's allowed us to focus on our sales work, not our sales CRM.

Close review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Best Sales CRM Ever"

What do you like best?

Very easy and organized way to manage sales teams. Our team loves it and we get tons of value from all of Steli's content.

Before Close.io we were using 5 different platforms and communication was disorganized.

What do you dislike?

I would like to have a negative search feature.

Also the ability to create to notify the user when a sequence is over with no response.

Streamline sales communication and see entire history of a prospect.

Close review by Richard U.
Director Of Business Development

"Good for high volume inbound and outbound sales"

What do you like best?

You are able to run specific queries like a database and there is a fair amount of flexibility with custom fields. The bulk emailing can save a ton of time when emailing several leads.

What do you dislike?

UI is a bit plain and reporting is not very good unless you pay for the highest priced plan. Also no mobile app means you are chained to your computer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Close.io is built for specific types of sales and it is a no frills platform. The flexibility of the platform allows you to be very efficient.

How to quickly qualify large amounts of leads. Smart views and API integrations have allowed us to do this effectively at scale.

Close review by Administrator

"Forget about endless CRM setups"

What do you like best?

Close.io is pretty flexible and very easy to set up.

What do you dislike?

I miss some extra features, but otherwise, it wouldn't be Close.io... anyway! If you guys could integrate with Linkedin Sales Navigator, that would be awesome!

We use it as our CRM Sales tool, so it is the pillar of our sales strategy. It gives us flexibility, and we don't have to think too much about how to use the tool. We just plug it and focus on what matters: SALES (not TOOLS)

Close review by User in Computer Software

"Most intuitive CRM"

What do you like best?

The way close.io organizes leads is simply the most intuitive I've seen in any CRM. Plus all emails and calls can happen directly in Close.io which is a massive productivity boost.

This means

- no data entry

- recording all calls and emails

- easy sharing with your team

What do you dislike?

There are some rough edges, like some fields can't be used for sorting / filtering, and there's no concept of 'assigning' a lead to someone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out some of the integrations that have popped up and make it even more useful eg:

99inbound.com

dripemails.com

I've used close.io to manage my entire sales pipeline

Close review by Taylor R.
Sr. Account Executive

"CRM Simplicity"

What do you like best?

Close.io is the smoothest CRM that I have ever used, it allows me to quickly see historical data, who is contacting the lead and when was the last time they were contacted. Running reports is much easier than SFDC & other competitors. I can quickly filter leads based on the criteria that I desire, and get to work.

What do you dislike?

Larger sales teams probably want the ability to assign ownership to leads based on geographic regions, I don't see that as a feature at the moment.

Time & Money. Close.io saves us time so we can spend our day on sales related activities, not worrying about the CRM

Close review by User in Computer Software

"Great CRM for small business"

What do you like best?

Great usability right out of the box. Built in dialer works very well for calling pretty much anywhere. All correspondence with a lead/client is very easily viewable.

What do you dislike?

It was tough to organize emails. If daily/weekly reports go out to clients then they all show up with other client emails. It can get tough at times to sift through everything to get what you want.

We needed a CRM. Close's out of the box usability and intuitive design make it a very efficient sales and CRM tool.

Close review by Oliver T.
Marketing Manager