Cloud Dataprep

4.0

Google Cloud Dataprep is an intelligent data service for visually exploring, cleaning, and preparing structured and unstructured data for analysis. Cloud Dataprep is serverless and works at any scale.

Work for Cloud Dataprep?

Learning about Cloud Dataprep?

Cloud Dataprep Reviews

Showing 5 Cloud Dataprep reviews
Cloud Dataprep review by Matthew B.
Matthew B.

"Clean up log files and any flat file easily"

What do you like best?

As a GCP user, the synchronization between flat files, cloud buckets and BigQuery makes for very efficient access to data. We are a small team so having a full ETL tool at our disposal without the heavy engineering resource requirements is a big win.

What do you dislike?

Exporting and sharing wrangles is not easy. This creates a risk in that certain jobs or wrangles are limited to a single user vs multiple users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this to any team who needs assistance with cleaning up data for analysis. It's a great tool for analysts and non-technical users who are comfortable with test and learn from the very intuitive workflow.

We process 100s of GB of Doubleclick Data Transfer data each week and the data is not always present a in format we need. Dataprep has given us a scalable tool that we can process and activate on log level data more efficiently. Cleaning small datasets are made more efficient so its great for small jobs that are repeated regularly.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Cloud Dataprep
Cloud Dataprep review by Sorna K.
Sorna K.

"A great data cleaner/manager"

What do you like best?

It is visual. It does not need coding when you are changing and correcting errors in your data. And i usually like products by Google because of their good service. You also can use any size of data.

What do you dislike?

I haven't seen anything in the program that I dislike yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I started liking this program. It is good to give it a shot if you are working with different types of data sets.

I clean and prepare the data to use in other programs or just to store them.

I also have a lot of tables and visual data that I can import. The connection between Google Cloud and Cloud Dataprep make my data storage and later data analysis much easier.

What Big Data Processing and Distribution solution do you use?

Cloud Dataprep review by User

"Finally a business facing tool that anyone can use"

What do you like best?

I don't have to learn a new tech language, my data is presented to me in a clear and easy to understand manner. Love the deep integration to the rest of the Google Cloud.

What do you dislike?

Not enough community support to get my questions answered, not enough Googler's know about this.

Preparing log data for analytics, basic cleansing and parsing. Instead of doing this manually in Google Sheets, Dataprep has automated most of this in a few steps.

Cloud Dataprep review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Financial Services
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Financial Services

"Google Cloud - Here for you"

What do you like best?

The ease of access is my number one favorite feature. I also really appreciate the ability to link with other accounts.

What do you dislike?

I have no complaints for this product, I really enjoyed using it!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I used this with the help of a fellow employee at my company, but from my experience, I would recommend trying Cloud Dataprep.

I've been able to prepare data for later manipulation, and pass it on to other business units for use in the future.

Cloud Dataprep review by User in Industrial Automation
User in Industrial Automation

"Great product for ML and data science"

What do you like best?

Easy visualization of large datasets and easy preprocessing for first time look at a new datasets. Flexible pipeline features. Dataflow visualization. Flexible exporting to other products

What do you dislike?

On occasion when importing data from gcp buckets (ex csv) it has lost some of my data

Recommendations to others considering the product

Understand SQL commands and data storage option like BigQuery

Machine learning for structured data. Better understanding of our inhouse data. Faster and more agile data analysis

Learning about Cloud Dataprep?

* We monitor all Cloud Dataprep reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.