CloudApp

CloudApp

4.7

CloudApp is the all-in-one visual sharing platform that lets you record, host, and share videos, GIFs, and visuals (images, screenshots) to make team conversations faster and more succinct.

Work for CloudApp?

Learning about CloudApp?

CloudApp Reviews

Ask CloudApp a Question
Showing 599 CloudApp reviews
CloudApp review by Jacob R.
Jacob R.

"Great tool"

What do you like best?

CloudApp makes it easy to record screen gifs, and drag and drop them to places I want to post them on websites etc. The process is seamless, and it seems like the software is a lot more powerful than just what I am using it for. My coworkers recommended it highly when they found out I did not have it.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes after taking a video or gif, when the editing page pops up, I will be typing somewhere else on my computer, and CloudApp will take over and I will be typing in the rename box. Then I am stuck in some kind of rename-save-wait loop that I don't fully understand. Sometimes the tutorials are a little bothersome and get in the way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

CloudApp is very easy to start using, get used to, and implement into daily processes.

I am using CloudApp to take gifs and post them on our company's user-facing Q&A forum, our work-tacking software, emails, and other communication software. Occasionally I will use it to take a full-quality video for the same destinations.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about CloudApp
CloudApp review by Ethan B.
Ethan B.

"Easier communication with team and clients"

What do you like best?

Easy screenshots and screengrabs. I use CloudApp because it is so much easier to take show my colleagues and clients what I am talking about than trying to use native Mac screenshots. It makes downloading the images quite easily and I've downloaded it on my other devices too because I've become so accustomed to it.

What do you dislike?

Not too much, I've ran into one bug that was an issue with a version update. Support gave me a link to click and download the version that was compatible with the latest mac version and that solved the problem.

It's easier for me to communicate both internally and to clients when I'm able to send them screenshots of the material we're going over. When I'm on calls, I can take screenshots of what the client is showing me instead of having to go back to a call recording or try and describe in my notes what I was seeing.

What Sales Enablement solution do you use?

CloudApp review by Oswaldo H.
Oswaldo H.

"Useful app that do not ask much to your Operative System"

What do you like best?

The easiest way to get a screenshot, shortcuts are amazing for all the kinds of screenshots you can take, the notifications when it's ready on line with the link to share and those email notifications when the image is accessed for the first time

What do you dislike?

When trying to get a single image at my desktop but not through cloud app I need to shut down the app to do it with my lap then start the app again to continue using cloud app. That's not comfortable enough.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Knowing when an image is accessed for the first time helps a lot . The access to the screenshots with no need of any other app, even if you are on mobile helps much , for those not-cloudapp-users for example . The ability to edit the picture once the file is uploaded is good , however it would be better to be able to edit them before going to the cloud . I like the short list that shows at the app as shortcuts for getting direct access to the last uploaded files ; from there you can annotate them , copy the provided link , share them directly to someone or make them private.

I have not explored any admin feature since I am not an admin person but I am sure there are more interesting options there to explore .

Image sharing privately, do not use space at my computer, access the pictures from anywhere

CloudApp review by Chris M.
Chris M.

"Best in class support / sales tool - show, don't tell! "

What do you like best?

I love the gif capture and auto upload features.

The annotation / blur / highlight is the best looking I've found. It's quick and simple to share howto gifs or screenshots.

Love the picture in picture feature for capturing videos for quick product tours and putting a face to a name.

Being able to go back and use gifs I'd captured before is a real time saver on top of all this.

What do you dislike?

Very little, big fanboy! The video upload after capturing a 5min+ product tour with picture in picture can (understandably) be a little sluggish but this is something that's been constantly improving.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've used a mix of skitch & licecap before and was frustrated with what I thought were missing features. Reached out to their support team and they pointed me in the right direction. Now it solves all my problems.

I work closely onboarding our customers and Cloudapp allows me to really quickly share detailed instructions. Grabbing a gif of navigating menus within seconds and sending it to customers provides such a great experience and makes going 'above any beyond' pretty effortless!

CloudApp review by Andrew H.
Andrew H.

"CloudApp couldn't make collaboration easier"

What do you like best?

CloudApp is an essential piece of software for my company and for my personal usage. Taking a screenshot or a video and sharing with anyone in seconds is so easy that it drastically increases productivity between colleagues, customers, and friends.

What do you dislike?

What's not to like? I can't think of any way CloudApp could make annotating and sharing pictures and videos any easier than it already is.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Even if you don't recognize how CloudApp can help solve your company's efficiency problems, give the trial a try. You'll be amazed at how much CloudApp helps boost productivity through efficiently helping others navigate websites, navigate software, and pointing out exactly what you're referencing.

I'm not in a customer facing role, but as an engineer, it's amazingly helpful to have the Support team be able to show us exactly what they see and videos of the precise workflow the customer has taken. It drastically decreases pre-producibility time.

Auto-deletion of captured images is simple with CloudApp. Just set a retention policy and you never need to worry about a customer's information getting resurrected somehow. Following GDPR guidelines is a snap.

I've also never seen an easier way to edit and markup any image you have. If you're trying to markup and edit image and not a screenshot, just drag it to the CloudApp logo to upload the image and then you can share it and mark it up like any other screenshot you've taken.

CloudApp review by Dion L.
Dion L.

"Huge Time Saver"

What do you like best?

I love that it CloudApp automatically saves the link to the clip to your clipboard so that once the screenshot or clip is made a link to it can automatically be pasted in an email or messaging app. I also really like how easy it is to highlight specific areas of an image. You can easily place a box around something or add an arrow pointing to a specific part of the image that you want to focus on.

What do you dislike?

There's not much that I can say about disliking CloudApp. Maybe there could be other ways to organize the images or video clips I've made in the past. The drops are organized by image, text, audio, and video but maybe possibly adding additional ways to organize files would be helpful. This could be like adding a folder system based on projects that are being worked on or a month by month folder system which would make things easier to archive or delete later.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking to save time, speed up productivity and make your jobs and lives easier CloudApp is definitely worth utilizing.

I'm a Web Developer so getting clients approval for requested changes to there websites or web apps can take time. CloudApp is a huge timesaver because I can screenshot a feature or video clip of a feature to show a client which speeds up the development process.

CloudApp review by Allan D.
Allan D.

"Great screenshot app"

What do you like best?

It's simple to install and set up, even simpler to use. I use it multiple times a day to walk customers through workflows, record GIFs and videos of solutions, and even capture images for our knowledge base. The mac version also allows using branded colours for highlights and arrows, which helps set our screenshots apart from other services.

What do you dislike?

The Windows version isn't as full-featured as the Mac version, last I checked. The organization tools using the online library is very difficult if you use it many times per day.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're planning on using the same screenshots over and over again, you may want to consider organizing your content and getting those captured ASAP. That way, you won't have to worry about hunting them down as your team begins making a whole ton of screenshots per day.

We needed a simple way to provide screenshots for our customers who reach out for support. We've since included our sales and marketing teams in on our account since it works for more than just support solutions.

CloudApp review by Oxana N.
Oxana N.

"I love it!"

What do you like best?

CloudApp is a huge time saver! It upgraded my habit to take screenshots and I don't need to learn anything new. The app simply takes the screen image and uploads it directly into the cloud and then gives you a link (it's shareable too!).

It's super simple to use which is a huge plus for any app or software nowadays.

Link shortening is very convenient.

What do you dislike?

Not many cons, actually.

It is sad that CloudApp doesn't have a Chrome integration or Gmail.

And I wish they have a mobile app!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just start using it!

CloudApp is one of those apps that I use every day (along with Telegram, Ahrefs and Gmail).

When I do chatting, the screen recordings or shots do a great job! This is an excellent time-saver so there is no need to do all the verbal and written explanation.

I'm a fan of CloudApp, I love this app!

I didn't reach anything beyond screenshots or screen recordings yet but I feel inspired to give it a try!

CloudApp review by Austin K.
Austin K.

"Most Intuitive Way to Share Screenshots with Minimal Effort"

What do you like best?

CloudApp allows users to quickly and efficiently take screenshots, gifs, and even videos and on top of that automatically allows you to edit and enhance said media with minimal effort. After your media is set to share with end users, friends, and/or colleagues CloudApp makes sharing these files a breeze. With a click or two you can have a sharable link ready to send. You have full control over your shared media and there is even an option to have the link expire after a set period of time. So much control and customization with very little learning curve and effort.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything I dislike in regards to the service or the software. Any troubleshooting is solved via the extensive help docs and customer service is always available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you complete the tutorial to take advantage of all the amazing features.

CloudApp allows my colleagues and I to actually demonstrate certain aspects of the software through images, animations, and video. End Users of the software appreciate the ability to have a tailored image or video sent to them via a simple link.

CloudApp also allows users to upload native files to the cloud and share them via the link with the same control options as files created by CloudApp. This allows users to share company images with an easy to use and accessible link. The possibilities with CloudApp are expansive and allow for increased productivity.

CloudApp review by J.C. H.
J.C. H.

"On par with other services in the industry"

What do you like best?

I'm a long-time user of Droplr and it's been great. However, the feature that got me wanting to try out CloudApp was actually when someone sent my a large file with CloudApp and I opened the link and realized it was still uploading from their end (but CloudApp's website gave me feedback that it was still uploading). I love that. That means I can drop a file into CloudApp and send a link to someone even if the file isn't finished uploading, then I can move on with my life. Real time-saver!

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far. I think the only thing that's keeping me from getting a subscription and ditching Droplr is that I picked up a *lifetime* subscription to Droplr a few years back for $3.99 so I don't have to pay for it every month like I would CloudApp.

I've used CloudApp to take/annotate screenshots mostly, as well as share quick files with people. I may try out the screen recording sometime, but I'm still really loving Loom for that.

CloudApp review by Richard R.
Richard R.

"CloudApp review - Makes taking and sharing screenshots easy"

What do you like best?

Its a cloud app (no pun intended) that allows you to easily take screenshots or videos of your screen and instantly uploads it to their cloud. It then allows you to annotate and share with a link. I use it when I need to upload our monthly promotions to our website. I use to use Snagit, but I think this one is much easier and faster.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that I can think of, except its not available for ipad or other mobile devices, just desktop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend CloudApp to anyone that needs to take screenshots or make videos and have them instantly uploaded in the cloud. Everything is accessible for later use.

I use it when I need to upload our monthly promotions to our website. Most of them come in pdf form, so I take of screenshot of each page. They are automatically uploaded to CloudApp. Then as I upload them to my website, I just drag them from the app icon at the top of my menu bar. Its genius really.

CloudApp review by Yehor T.
Yehor T.

"It's been very useful and timesaving. Especially on a Mac."

What do you like best?

I can take a screenshot and share it with anybody right away. I had to complete a lot more steps in order to send my screenshots to somebody before. I like it every time I use it. It's also the best app I've found to capture the screen video. It doesn't have the time limitation and also uses the web camera so my face is seen in the bottom left corner of the screen. This looks more professional than in other apps.

What do you dislike?

I'm not completely sure where my screenshots are saved, but it's because I did not spend too much time figuring this out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great tool to be using and quite user friendly. Best I've found for capturing screen videos. It also help very much on a Mac to capture screenshots and share them.

Taking screenshots and sharing them with my colleagues. Recording demos.

CloudApp review by Neeraj H.
Neeraj H.

"Excellent tool. A true time saver!"

What do you like best?

CloudApp is an easy-to-use screen capture tool that lets you create screenshots, gifs, and videos. It has helped improve communications within my team, especially in the software world, when what you want to say, requires more than just plain words to convey what you want. Through just a few clicks, CloudApp fills this gap perfectly by not only capturing the screen but also uploading it on to the CloudApp server, with the ability to annotate and leave comments. And on top of that, it generates a shareable link for sharing. So cool. I love this app.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when recording the audio and video sync lag a bit. This issue is not something one can consistently recreate though. The few times I have faced it, on retrying it, it works as it should.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely consider using it because it is so simple to use.

This tool has helped improve communication within my developer team because many times there are UI / UX issues on software that are best explained visually. This tool has helped save time because I can create screencasts and gifs of the issue I am facing.

CloudApp review by James E.
James E.

"CloudApp is one of my essentials"

What do you like best?

What I like best about CloudApp is the convenience to share video, screenshots, images or any digital file with my clients, with my branding on the receivers end. It's very professional, time-saving, and effective.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the CloudApp is non-responsive when I drag a file into the webpage version. It has worked best for me to use the file open button and navigate to the file rather than drop it in the file drop zone. Other than that slight inconvenience, I am very happy with CloudApp.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great app to be able to access your saved files from any computer, as well as create and output the digital files you need to share from any machine. The sharing is very easy, you simply click on the CloudApp icon on your Mac toolbar (if installed) and click on the share icon, or the link icon, and share the file either way. The CloudApp branding option is cool because it keeps the file tied to your brand.

CloudApp makes it very easy for me to send onboarding documents to clients, drafts of graphics or video work that I'm working on, and I have even sent invoice and quotes across it. I have also used it with customer support issues with software, where I can easily send a screenshot, gif, or video of what's going on.

CloudApp review by Dan G.
Dan G.

"Time Saver!"

What do you like best?

I'll be honest, I really didn't see the point of CloudApp when I first came across it and wondered what the fuss was about. I was happy taking screenshots on my mac. I'd record a couple of apps for making gifs from screenshots and used Loom for short screen recordings.

I ended up giving it a try and it's made life so much easier. Screenshots and recordings can be shared in seconds and I can access them anywhere thanks to the cloud storage, which has been a massive bonus when travelling. I didn't think this would be as useful as it is but it really is a fantastic tool.

What do you dislike?

I have no real issues with this, my experience has been positive. There's probably an option for this somewhere that I've missed but I'd like to see is maybe the ability to add a logo to screen recordings.

Also, if they could add screen sharing for webinars and Facebook live that would be awesome!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I cannot recommend this enough, it's a massive time-saver.

I use this for a variety of reasons but the main one is the ability to share screen recordings quickly with peers and clients, instead of having to write things down to explain them.

CloudApp review by Jeanie Z.
Jeanie Z.

"Works Great"

What do you like best?

I like that I can create many screenshots that automatically save to my account. This saves me time compared to the previous app I was using before that I had to manually save between screenshots.I haven't tried the Video feature, so I cannot comment on that, but I did not purchase it for that ability. However, I like that I have that option in the future if I do need it.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I really dislike - there has been some learning curve to get used to using it in a way that is the most efficient for me, but that is the case for most new software, so no big deal.

I am able to send screenshots to my clients quickly, with annotations. Since I have my settings setup to automatically save the clip to the clipboard, I can easily paste the screenshot into the body of an email when it's just for a quick illustration for the client, for example.

CloudApp review by Valerie C.
Valerie C.

"Amazingly useful tool!"

What do you like best?

It's intuitive to use, and lightning fast! The shortcuts are variations of ones built into my operating system, making them easy to use. I appreciate the complete description of what the shortcut/tool does when hovering over the icons, which is important for getting to poweruser level. Fast & efficient. Instead of doing a screen capture, then uploading to the cloud it happens all at once.

What do you dislike?

Overlap of some of the shortcuts with other tools I personally use. (I will probably stop using those because CloudApp duplicates the functionality.) Deleting a 'drop' seems slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm using CloudApp in conjunction with several other tools, many which I'm hoping to do away with since CloudApp offers a more comprehensive suite for my purposes.

Super quick screen capture videos sent to clients saves me time, my most valuable commodity. I love that it's running on a subdomain of my business site, as it makes me look more professional.

CloudApp review by Ray M.
Ray M.

"Fantastic for customer support videos for your SaaS."

What do you like best?

Once you screen grab or record a short video of your screen it auto uploads to your CloudApp account cutting out a lot of saving, naming, finding, uploading etc.... it shows a dedicated page for the uploaded file and allows comments to be added from people you share it with. Updating the CNAME allows you to use something like help.yourdomain.com/filename which looks very professional to your end users. They keep adding to the product and the new UI with folders is really helpful for organising

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is the fact that it only allows an SSL web link to your homepage (top left corner of a screen grab page). I have two CloudApp accounts for two businesses - I would love the ability to hotswap / switch between these two accounts as this way I can use the custom subdomain for each of the businesses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For tutorials or tech support, this is ideal and will save you so much time.

As mentioned, I'm using it for customer support. I can quickly record a short video of a specific process using our app and within minutes share the link to watch it direct with our customers via email making it not only personal to the customer chatting to use via email or chat box but also professional as it appears to be hosted on our sub domain.

CloudApp review by Jeff B.
Jeff B.

"Excellent Tool"

What do you like best?

I've used several tools for screenshots, screen recording, and more over the years. One of my favorites stopped being supported so I've been searching for a replacement for a while. Unfortunately nothing quite worked for me, so I've used a combo of tools and chrome extensions to achieve what I needed.

However all that changed with CloudApp. I'm able to capture screenshots and annotate easily and quickly, and then share them. I'm also able to do quick video and GIF's, and share those as well. It's a great time saver, but it doesn't end there. I can easily set time limits or view limits, and then they are no longer available.

The storage is insane, so it only add to how amazing this is.

The truth is that it's my go to 99% of the time except for the chrome issue I mention.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the Chrome extension is a little flaky. It will act like it's taking a screenshot and then sit with a reloading page and spinner.

Really wish they would support HTTPS on custom domains.

Wish we could incorporate Pixels for targeting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great tool that more than pays for itself.

Speeds up my process with sharing screenshots and videos. Provides some basic analytics so I know the shared content is being viewed.

CloudApp review by Brainiac B.
Brainiac B.

"Huge time saver! How could I live without it before?"

What do you like best?

It's SO EASY to use that a child could make the most of this App!

I love how in a matter of seconds I can be sending the client or prospect screenshots or videos just recorded so that they can have instant feedback and guidance.

What do you dislike?

Maybe easier organization of files to be able to classify them by folders to speed up future access.

Right now it's very easy to access the latest files but a bit more cumbersome to access files from previous days or weeks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't even lose time thinking about getting, just do it! It will save you loads and loads of time and will make you more reliable for your customers, making it easy to be helpful guiding them through the purchase/use process.

I can give a much better customer service walking them through the steps with video or screenshots.

Also, I have the ability now to store lots of screenshots for my personal use, from flight purchases screenshots for future proof and organization, to videos walking my clients through the different licenses and options present in my website.

I see myself using it even for quick YouTube videos or on social media to add more value to my community in a very easy and not time consuming way.

Thank you sincerely to the whole CloudApp staff for creating such a wonderful tool to save us all precious time!

CloudApp review by Melissa C.
Melissa C.

"CloudApp Review"

What do you like best?

I like that CloudApp allows me to share specific visual grabs of what I'm trying to show my colleagues as our work is driven by the most specific of details and it can be very hard to convey these points in words.

What do you dislike?

CloudApp can be incredibly glitchy. Sometimes I try to open my screengrab for annotation and all I see is a black screen. I have to restart the app entirely, which isn't ideal.

The major business benefit of CloudApp, as mentioned previously, is being able to share really small, visually-based details from one colleague to the next. It ensures we're all looking at the same thing at all times and going from there. In that way, it can be a big time saver.

CloudApp review by Justin C.
Justin C.

"Universally the best screen capture tool on the market"

What do you like best?

I love that I can use this on every platform. I love that I can draw on images quickly and share them a split second later. I love that I can use the same tool to record and share video as I do screenshots.

What do you dislike?

I wish that if I hit the hotkey command for the "Draw" option that I was immediately brought to the draw function after I selected the area of my screen I wanted to capture.

We use cloudapp to quickly record and share comments between product owners, designers, and developers on feature development that is currently in the works. It's so much easier to just share the link than trying to upload an image somewhere else and share from there.

CloudApp review by Douglas B.
Douglas B.

"Made my life in support much easier"

What do you like best?

The possibility to record gifs and send to users that are requesting some kind of support or assistance with our applications helped us to provide a better support to them. The application is perfect, match with my needs and assist to improve my issue troubleshooting by allowing to make short videos and share directly with the users without need to send the file, just sharing the link.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, the application is perfect, match with my needs and assist to improve my issue troubleshooting by allowing to make short videos and share directly with the users without need to send the file, just sharing the link.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I believe that everyone that works on any kind of customer/user support should use this CloudApp. It assist to provide better understand and overview about the properly way to use the application. Therefore, CloudApp allows to share videos and gifs just by sharing the link. It auto uploads and save us a lot of time to search a host to the videos and generating the URL. The application do everything to us and also put the link in clipboard to just paste into the replies.

Issues to set up and work with the environment itself, helping users to figure out the steps that they have to do to fix their issues. It helped to increased our customer satisfaction when we started to send recorded videos and gifs with the steps to resolve their issues. GIFS and videos assists us to show how to use the application properly.

CloudApp review by Casey Slaughter S.
Casey Slaughter S.

"Better than Snipping Tool; fast upload. Big fan"

What do you like best?

I lead a team of fractional CMOs and it's important for me to share screen captures regularly. I have used the snipping tool for years, which is good (and free) but I can only paste those images in limited places.

Having a custom subdomain for CloudApp makes my shares look more professional, too.

I didn't think I'd prefer CloudApp over Snipping Tool, but I'm wrong. It's really nice!

What do you dislike?

I don't use the annotation command right now because it's a new hotkey to learn and use. Kind of a pain to have three hotkeys, but I understand the utility - one for straight grabs, another for grab + annotate, and a third for gifs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

One of my most used tools.

Sharing snips from client sites, emails, etc. It allows me to say "HERES THE THING I WANT YOU TO LOOK AT".

CloudApp review by Fritz C.
Fritz C.

"Must have for any visual role"

What do you like best?

Super easy to make screenshots and gifs, even easier to share them. I love how the links to what I just created is already on my clipboard. All I need to do is CTRL+V to share it out. Makes my work much quicker. It saves me so much time.

What do you dislike?

No complaints, its the best product out. I wish the gifs could be a little longer though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot, they have a lot of free functionality.

Sharing screenshots and images with my team and potential clients was cumbersome, cloudapp makes it very easy. I can also use cloud app to make demonstrations of our product as manye users sometimes have issues using it, the gifs make it super easy.

CloudApp review by Arlington A.
Arlington A.

"Simple screenshots pus movie magic!"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to record both video and gif's via this tool. It makes for far more full featured and useful graphics for documentation and the like (why take 12 pictures when you can just record the steps in one example for your users?!?) #magic!

What do you dislike?

Honestly, not a whole lot. I've heard of issues with the cloud sync for some of my team mates, but I haven't personally experienced it

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do it! I haven't seen a simpler tool for generating this type of data and service. 10:10 would recommend.

Documentation, customer engagement, training, etc...

The benefit for us is easy sharing and availability of enriched screenshots, screencaps, and videos. This makes creating clear documentation far easier.

CloudApp review by Jonathan C.
Jonathan C.

"Use it daily, don't know what I would do with out it"

What do you like best?

it's super lightweight and easy to use. I love that i can use a quick shortcut to screenshot or record.

What do you dislike?

there are times when right after an update the app is slower or has odd functionality until reloaded.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out, you would be surprised how amazing it is. Plus with annotations you have the ability to really show what you are trying to say or explain.

i use it to better describe issues to my clients and colleagues. The best part is i can start with a screenshot or screen recording with annotations. If that isn't enough then I can record again with my voice and tell them exactly what it is I want to show them.

CloudApp review by Eddy B.
Eddy B.

"Stop wasting time!"

What do you like best?

It saves me and my team a lot of time. We used to have to take/record anything, use a different program to edit them then send them. Now it's super easy. We take the screenshot, annotate and get back to work. It's super easy to organize and makes our flow so much easier.

What do you dislike?

That the default system doesn't have full screenshots options, I use a Mac so it does have those features. Other than that, it's amazing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

USE IT! You are wasting your time if you are not currently using it! It will help take your business to the next level for sure! Will save you time, money and just make you more efficient at doing your work.

* Saves a ton of time! - Screenshot, annotate and send a link. Simple as that.

* Saves storage - No more needing to upload your favorite screenshots to your Google Drive. You can store them on CloudApp and reduce your costs.

* Organization - You are able to organize everything very easily.

CloudApp review by Adrian S.
Adrian S.

"This app is incredibly intuitive to use and is saving me time and helping my clients feel informed."

What do you like best?

The 5 minute max time forces me to get to the point. I love the shortcut at top of my screen which makes it super fast and easy to use. I like that clients have all been able to easily open the link. It all seems to work well whether I'm on wifi network or hotspot.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I cannot move my little circle with my face in it to the center of the screen. That would be nice so it would look like I was looking at the camera when I'm going over things. It would be cool if there were a slight music option.

Saving Time. Clients are feeling more informed and I'm able to get these video clips to them faster than I'd be able to call and explain. It's difficult to go through real estate contracts over the phone. I tend to ramble and the questions in the middle through me off. Sending the video explanation seems to make buyers feel good and is much easier for me to get to them FAST!

CloudApp review by Jeremy D.
Jeremy D.

"Let's me buy back time"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to start a screen recording with just a few clicks. This is especially helpful when I'm doing a task in my business that I would like to delegate to my team in the future. I know there are many other features built in that I have yet to explore, but the ease of use of the screen capture and shortcut link creation is easily worth the investment.

What do you dislike?

I've been a customer for about 4 months, an I will admit that initially, I wasn't entirely sure how it would fit in my business. I know there were emails the company sent out so I may have ignored them. With that being said, understanding the value of 2 click screen captures to leverage my time by creating training for my team, and creating sales & walkthrough videos for prospects makes me wish I had been that clear on it 4 months ago.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for an extremely easy way to create screen capture videos, especially if you want to use them for training virtual assistants or doing sales demos, CloudApp is a must see.

Leverage of time is the biggest. Adding a few clicks to record an activity that I'm doing anyway makes creating training videos extremely. This is enhanced but the automatic link created on the clipboard for quick access. I've already started building out my training library for my virtual team, and will soon be using it to record demo sales videos.

CloudApp review by Joseph D.
Joseph D.

""Swiss Army Knife" of Screen Captures! (Does Exactly What It Should Do!)"

What do you like best?

I have used SO many screen capture apps and this is the best among all the free ones I have tried. It annotates easily and even allows me to move arrows around as well as text. It captures easily with a hotkey. It captures video easily and uses a microphone to record along with the screencapture. It stores my captures for later retrieval and sharing. I struggle to think of something it can't do well!

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to more easily delete screen captures but to me that is this app's biggest failing, so it's pretty damn good!!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have tried all the others then give this a shot. After using so many free screen capture programs, this one is tops.

Capturing images and annotating them and sharing them are my biggest uses. I find that this app does it with ease considering what I can do with these images. I was using another app but kept getting bogged down in with the functionality not being where I wanted it to be but CloudApp does what I want and does it the way I want.

CloudApp review by 🎬 📞 Travis J.
🎬 📞 Travis J.

"Lacks support for Android, but otherwise 10/10!"

What do you like best?

I love the fact it quickly allows you to screenshot something and send an photo or animated GIF in an email (as a link - hosted in the cloud) rather than as a photo attachment. This works wonders when someone forwards your email and the photos may have disappeared.

From a desktop perspective - I love the fact I can just drag a file to the icon and it uploads it and copies the shareable link to my copy/paste.

It makes sending files up to 1gb (even zipped folders up to 1gb) super easy.

Aside from sending video instructions easily and quickly inside emails (without needing to send attachments) is sharing files between computers.

I simply drag a file from one workstation into the CloudApp - seconds later it's uploaded and available to download on my other computer. Basically it's just faster than pluggin in a USB drive - saving me time at least a few times a week.

What do you dislike?

At the moment, and for the months I've been using it, they have zero love for Android users.

There was a third party app that worked with CloudApp but they've since broken that connection and now my Samsung S7 Edge is basically useless when it comes to CloudApp.

I would LOVE to be able to record videos using my phones cameras (front or back) to send quick and easy video emails - but they just haven't developed anything (literally zero apps) for Android. It's frustrating - but their desktop support (I use it on a Macbook Air and two Windows 10 workstations)

I also want the ability to "copy content" like on a Mac - but on my Windows computers. It's useful for pasting directly into Facebook.

Recommendations to others considering the product

At first, I thought CloudApp seemed too good to be true but signed up anyways.

For me the biggest issue isn't usually "just the features", rather, it's the fit and finish (or execution) on a daily basis using software. CloudApp nails it in every way except the Android support.

My goal is always to delight my customer, CloudApp helps me in that way because I've had numerous business owners ask me directly how I create the emails like I do and they always are impressed with CloudApp. As of today March 5th, 2018, it has my solid recommendation.

Saving time transferring files between computers.

Sending animated instructions to clients as screen recordings (with audio as a video or just as a light GIF).

Delights my clients (when I send them quick GIFS). It works so fast!

CloudApp review by Justin H.
Justin H.

"Taking screenshots to a whole new level "

What do you like best?

Having the annotation tool is my best features. One simple command and directly after you take a screenshot you can draw and make notes directly on the screenshot. Making your point and giving feedback has truly never been easier.

What do you dislike?

The cost for premium is quite steep. I know businesses need to make money but as I only really use the tool for screenshots and annotating them I can't justify the overall spend. I don't use the video/gif tool nor as a platform for store and share documents so I can't really justify upgrading at the monthly cost. I would love the ability to use my own custom domain so that's the only reason I debate upgrading to Pro.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It shouldn't even be a thought process; give CloudApp a whirl. You won't be sorry and dare I say it; you'll wonder how you ever lived life without it.

Sharing screenshots with clients and team members is incredibly easy and useful. It's just so much more efficient than pasting images in an email and saves countless hours.

CloudApp review by Paul H.
Paul H.

"Fast Elegant solution for teaching staff and clients with screen videos"

What do you like best?

I really like the simplicity of the software.. I have just started with some employees and its saving me so much tome to record a video, it automatically uploads and i just send on a link... It just makes everything easy.

What do you dislike?

So far there isnt much that i have found that I dislike.. One small thing is that you need to be online to use it (at least I dont think it can work offline).. It would be convenient to have it work offline,as sometimes i work in area where the internet is weak, but a big part of this app is the cloud sharing feature of it, so i knew that before getting it

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a go of the trial.. I got it for showing things to employees and clients, but didnt realise how much i would use it.. Once you have it in your workflow, it will cut out alot of back and forth, and long email chains.. And its so easy.. ive googled screen capture software etc, tested and failed with them,.. This just works well out of the box..

It is an elegant solution to making short videos, for clients or staff.. It sits quietly in my toolbar and I am surprised how often i use it.. I have gotten into the habit of writing instructions or explaining things to staff.. This way I can show it . It saves so much time..

CloudApp review by Angus Y.
Angus Y.

"Bringing it everywhere I go"

What do you like best?

I love that it's so simple to capture images, video, and gifs! I tend to share a lot of how-to videos and like to annotate images so it's incredibly useful to do it in seconds with Cloudapp.

I couldn't imagine not having access to it anymore, I'd recommend it anywhere I go.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when trying to initiate a video recording the desktop app either crashes or fails to start which causes me to force quit the app and restart it a couple times. This could be due to me just having a lot of things running in the background but it happens on a pretty consistent basis.

Sending how-to's and explainer images + videos to clients.

CloudApp review by Ryan M.
Ryan M.

"CloudApp is one of those small tools that exponentially improves your workflow."

What do you like best?

My two favorite parts of CloudApp has to be the GIFs and editing capabilities. Those allow me to quickly capture what I'm doing and send it over to customers/prospect, giving them an animation they can follow along with or an arrow pointing right to where they should be looking. Also I never thought I would be a fan of the auto-upload feature, but being able to have a link in my clipboard that I can then paste quickly into Slack is awesome when trying to quickly shoot something over to co-workers.

What do you dislike?

I really can't think of anything I dislike about CloudApp. Reasonably priced and some very minor bugs (such as having to re-authenticate the Zendesk integration often) are to be expected so no complaints here.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make a conscious effort to start using it more. By actively seeking to used it when starting out, it'll help you realize other situations where a good screenshot or recording can help guide your customers better. I think it was a month before I really started using it on a daily basis.

Using CloudApp allows me to quickly document what I'm doing on screen to help train customers/prospects on the product. Since I've started using CloudApp, I've been sending more screenshots and recordings, which reduces the amount of follow-up questions I get. Since the whole team uses CloudApp, it also means all of our documentation looks the same without having to coordinate.

CloudApp review by Nick G.
Nick G.

"Solves a lot of pain you never knew you had"

What do you like best?

CloudApp sucks you in with what I can best describe as a steady barrage of "oh that's neat" moments. It's death by 1000 cuts.

At first, you're hesitant to dive right in so you start slow - maybe a shared screenshot on Slack here and there. Then maybe you move into gifs and full recorded videos. Then you realize you can narrate those videos so you start sending out tutorials through CloudApp to clients. Then comes sending annotated images, pdfs, and full documents and BAM - they got you.

CloudApp breaks into your garage every night and refurbishes your old run down Jalopy one piece at a time. You don't notice as it's happening but one day you're driving down I95 in a shiny new mustang wondering when did things get so dang easy?

Dip your toes in - you won't regret it!

What do you dislike?

None at the moment - keep innovating guys!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot.

An picture's worth 1,000 words. An annotated picture's with 2,000. Put simply, CouldApp allows for easier transfer of information both internally and externally. This is especially important when correspondence is done digitally through Slack or email.

You don't ever have to explain an issue via text again. You can just send a quick pic - or a video if a picture can't do it justice. CloudApp becomes an extension of you when conversing digitally.

CloudApp review by Pomy S.
Pomy S.

"Completely transformed my business"

What do you like best?

The ease of use is hands down, the most amazing thing about this tool. Being able to follow their super super simple tutorial, you learn everything is just a click or two away. We are a Salesforce consultancy and this has exponentially saved us time and saved our clients time as we utilize videos, GIFs, and screen shots to explain things to our customers, ask them questions, give them tutorials... It has reduced the back and forth or having to schedule a call! I can't speak highly enough!

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I have nothing. We use this as a team and my teammate was the one who pushed me to ensure I brag about this product due to how much of a difference it has made in our business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Totally worth it, especially if you're customer facing. It's worth a million times more than it's value because of how much time you save, reduces stress, increases productivity, etc. Pays for itself tenfold.

As a consultancy, we are required to explain changes, updates, and enhancements to our clients' Salesforce instance. Instead of doing the back and forth of scheduling calls, we are able to send a quick explainer video using CloudApp.

I've already gotten feedback from my clients who have found it super beneficial. Two have asked what tool I use and one has also started responding to us via video format!

The major benefit for us is productivity. Being able to point, click, record the video, copy the link, and send could not be any easier!

CloudApp review by Matthew M.
Matthew M.

"Screenshots Faster"

What do you like best?

What's not to like! This is a great way to keep all your screenshots available in the cloud and be able to access them at anytime and anywhere. Another cool option they offer online is that you can actually search through your screenshots. Lets say you took screen shot of a logo and you can't remember what it was but you remember it was red you can search on the term RED and it will find all the screen shots with this color. Pretty great feature.

What do you dislike?

Overall I really like this product. I haven't found any bugs that I would classify to my disliking. Its a simple product that takes your screen shots to different level.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quick editable screenshots with a link. Simple Highly Recommend for people who take tons of screenshots

Quicker performance. Cloudapp has a feature after you take a screen shot you can edit the picture and add in lines, arrows, text etc. After you finish it then saves the documents and gives you new share link you can send.

CloudApp review by Henry T.
Henry T.

"Easy to learn/use and now I use it everyday"

What do you like best?

Keyboard shortcuts make taking screenshots and gif screen recordings (and cropping them just right) fast and easy. This is essential if you have a distributed workforce, and very nice to have if you simply don't want people to need to walk to your desk and view your monitor every time they need help learning how to do something (I'm an operations person and do a lot of training on systems like Salesforce.com, Marketo, etc).

What do you dislike?

More customization on key bindings might be nice? Overall I haven't experienced any hangups that stuck out to me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're considering, just try it. You'll be hooked.

This is really helpful in communicating "this is how you do [thing]" to coworkers and customers alike. If you are in support/success facing clients or are a person who trains internally, you really need a tool exactly like this to speed communication. A screengrab is worth 1000 words, right?

CloudApp review by Eric Y.
Eric Y.

"Great productivity tool for my Mac! Use it every day and it is super easy & fun to use."

What do you like best?

Easy to use and fast...love that everything just works! I use it every day and love that I can take a screenshot or gif and share within seconds. I find myself using all the time to send during any help or chat session to better communicate and demonstrate things.

What do you dislike?

Limited team members and the higher costs...most team members don't use it very much but would still like to have it as a pay as you go team option rather than per user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

CloudApp is easy to use and worth checking out. A very good tool that you will find yourself using more and more every day. Easy to learn and I am able to find many day-to-day uses that this tool helps me communicate and share my thoughts and ideas better.

I love that I can easily share a gif image or screenshot quickly and without working about emailing it.

CloudApp review by Armando R.
Armando R.

"Nice right hand"

What do you like best?

I like how it how it integrates with other platforms and how easy it is to create an environment of sharing resources with other co-workers or partners. I like the small learning curve and its speed.

I like the finder function.

What do you dislike?

So far and using the tool for about two months, there is nothing that i really dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its definitely worth a try for a week or so, as soon as you realize you will be already benefiting from some of its features and speeding up the process. Sharing and using the print screen functions are what made me try and stick to it.

The print screen function helps me a lot, either on creating custom print screens or just simply pressing the print screen button on my keyboard, and i have the shot ready to share or use.

It speeds up my working speed.

CloudApp review by Dustin O.
Dustin O.

"Better than Skitch"

What do you like best?

I like that this app is way more lightweight than Skitch, which I had used for years on my Mac. I was tired of it taking long to load, and the fact that Skitch would give different screenshots the same name (which prevented me from dropping them in the same folder w/o changing the names). So I was happy when I found CloudApp.

What do you dislike?

At first I found it confusing to set up the drop so that it can use my domain name in the URL instead of the default URL, but then tech support was able to make the fix for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Set up was more difficult than expected. After several days of trying to fix the custom domain name on my own for the web-based screen shot, it is still unresolved. I had to submit a support ticket.

I want a quick and easy way to make screen shots and to do quick annotations to the screen shots...for sending to other team members and to send to our customers.

CloudApp review by Christopher C.
Christopher C.

"So easy to use"

What do you like best?

CloudApp makes my life either helping clients or helping customers using apps so easy. The ability to take a screenshot, annotate, and send with a direct link all within one app is fantastic. Also, the pricing that doesn't break the bank makes this the perfect solution for anyone.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything. To be honest, how could you the price is less than 2 cups of coffee, and the features are so extremely simplistic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just hop on a trial, make sure to download the computer app as it makes life so much better!

Communications with clients/customers! Making it so much simpler than just screenshots, I can send a link to a screenshot, annotate where they should look and communication in-app via comments!

CloudApp review by User

"I use this Daily. I wouldnt be able to get thru the day without it"

What do you like best?

I love how simple and seamless CloudApp is. It just works without you having to think about it. I use it for annotating images, sharing quick images with colleagues in slack, hosting images for use in Google Slide presentations. Its really great.

What do you dislike?

The most recent update is a bit wonky, but I've gotten used to it. Every once in a while I have to restart the app (maybe like once every 3 months). Other than that I dont really have much to say in terms of dislikes-- it does what its supposed to do, and it does it well. What more can you ask for?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a really great and intuitive app. Just tryit for a week and you will see how your whole workflow improves.

I use this to quickly share screenshots and images with colleagues. Saves me many hours per month. I also use it to annotate screenshots for use in presentations or videos.

Ironically, I used it to upload the screenshot to verify this review!

CloudApp review by User in Design
User in Design

"Easy & quick way to share content with coworkers."

What do you like best?

The ability to create gifs on the fly - makes it easy to show coworkers how to do things quickly and easily. Overall it's a super useful program and as a graphic designer, helps conveys sketches and layouts without having to export anything.

What do you dislike?

Can't say anything bad about about it except for the fact I can't seem to copy/paste the screenshots taken into anything else. It simply pastes a blank empty box. Often times I use it as a quick way to screengrab things and import them into Photoshop, but it doesn't seem to work unless I download it. Might be a user error!

I am able to show drafts of designs quickly & easily without having to export anything, therefore saving time and storage on my computer. I also realized it can be used to quickly make and save gifs which is useful in sharing how to do things with other coworkers.

CloudApp review by User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"Best screen recording software I've used!"

What do you like best?

I love how everything is stored online and how easy it is to copy and send links. Currently, I'm using the macOS app, which integrates seamlessly. I work in technical support and use Zendesk, so it is also integrated into my support chat. It was very easy to learn and onboard.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was an easier way to sort and search your saved GIFs right after you create it. I typically record animations for specific customers, but sometimes I make more general animations that I would like to reuse. It's very hard to find these unless I dig manually.

I also have some small suggestions. Some of the default keyboard shortcuts overlap with other shortcuts I use in the browser and in other programs, so I've ended up disabling them. Additionally, when I add a GIF into my message using the Zendesk integration (selecting paste image), CloudApp adds the GIF/image file inline with my message with a small message at the bottom, "via CloudApp" with a link to their website. I would instead like it to automatically paste the direct link to this GIF stored in the cloud. (Since a lot of email clients that our customers use do not render the GIF.) I end up just doing this manually.

Since I use CloudApp for technical support for our product, we are helping help customers faster and more effectively!

CloudApp review by Todd B.
Todd B.

"My job wouldn't be possible with out Cloudapp!"

What do you like best?

Super easy and intuitive for visual expression and demonstrating content to people. It's great for packaging multiple images into an email without being bogged down by message attachments. There is both screenshot, and video capture features, which makes it helpful for pointing out single things or creating walkthrough demonstrations, both which are needed at the company I work at.

What do you dislike?

No mobile app? I'd use it more if that was available, but I'm not 100% sure how the tool would work in a mobile context. I've had a few instances in the past where the app has crashed in the process of a recording, which is frustrating, but rarely happens.

The company I work for offers online software, so I'm able to communicate visually with customers their problems and how to fix things using Cloudapp. It's a key part of our email, twitter and live chat support workflow. Honestly, I'd be pretty lost without this tool because we rely on visual aids to provide great support to our customers

CloudApp review by User

"Cool App but Missing Important Features"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to make a gif screen recording. I can get the source code and add it directly to our helpdesk articles without much customization, and this is coming from someone that doesn't know how to code.

What do you dislike?

Missing features like being able to trim your gif down, only blur out parts of the page for a certain time, and it crashes a lot. It also cannot remember selections if you use specific options all the time. There are a lot of (seemingly) easy improvements they could make to turn this into an awesome tool instead of just a meh tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use only if you don't have a better option for capturing GIFs

We needed to create a screen recording to use in our helpdesk articles. It was a great way to show the navigation to our customers without having to use hundreds of screenshots. We also need to blur out emails and certain information from screenshots to protect identities, and this app makes it easy.

CloudApp review by Brad J.
Brad J.

"CloudApp - the best app for screenshots and something more"

What do you like best?

I'm a huge fan of CloudApp. Been using them for the last 6 months. Started out where a few of my team members in the customer support team were using it, so I jumped in to give it a try too. At first I was just using it to take a few screenshots here and there, but what ended up being hugely helpful in my day to day support workflow was being able to answer our customers questions with a quick custom video. We get a ton of questions from our customers but they don't always quite understand our documentation.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't have a Gmail/Chrome integration.

They don't have a great mobile app. There's a few in the App Store but none of them give as good as an experience as their Mac desktop app.

Small screenshots don't always come out readable without clicking on them and waiting to see what it is. The head of the arrow in the Annotations is super huge and I often have to find workarounds when I'd really like to use it. It would be cool to shrink it width-wise along with length-wise. I wish you could copy/paste annotation components (arrows that you've sized a certain way, text, etc.) Click on the element, ctrl+c, ctrl+v I wish there was a solid box in annotations that you could add. There's an outline, but not a solid box or circle that I've discovered.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just give it a try, you won't regret any minute!

There are multiple ways to use it - downloads, webcam vids, screenshare vids with voice, GIFs of screen, images, annotations. Really - there are SO many ways to up your game in social and customer care by using CloudApp.

Learn more about CloudApp

CloudApp Videos

Learning about CloudApp?

* We monitor all CloudApp reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.