CloudBerry Backup

CloudBerry Backup

Cross-platform cloud backup software with file system, image-based backup with SQL Server, MS Exchange support, built for cloud storage: Amazon S3, Amazon Glacier, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Storage,

Work for CloudBerry Backup?

Learning about CloudBerry?

CloudBerry Backup Reviews

Ask CloudBerry a Question
Showing 139 CloudBerry reviews
CloudBerry review by <span>Brian R.</span>
Brian R.
Invitation from the software vendor

Backup solution for small non profit organization

What do you like best?

I'm a refugee from CrashPlan. I like that I can choose my storage provider for backups and can easily backup to more than one online storage providers. While this review is for the non-profit with a Windows desktop client I would not have used CloudBerry if they didn't also have a Linux client (which I use on my personal computers)

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike. It is feature rich enough for my needs. I would like to see deduplication feature on the desktop client.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to give a try. Google Drive is one of the easiest storage solutions to test with but is not a good long term solution.

When I took over my current role, the backup solution was accounting data on a flash drive that became corrupt shortly after I started. No other backups were being done and none offsite. The big issue that CloudBerry immediately solved was offsite backup.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about CloudBerry Backup
CloudBerry review by <span>Charles S.</span>
Charles S.

Cloudberry Backup Ultimate is a complete solution

What do you like best?

Very fast backup, able to produce both Images (system and disk) and also files and folders, numerous backup options, straightforward to use but sophisticated, state of the art options as well. Can be used with many different cloud providers, fully customizable.

What do you dislike?

So far, nothing that I have found that I dislike. Perhaps some of the more advanced features could be more simply explained. But for the most part, these are fairly easy to comprehend. I have yet to be able to configure the notification system (informing by email when backups complete) but think that just requires researching it a bit more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider Ultimate Edition if you are storing over 1 TB in Cloud-- unlimited storage. Otherwise, Server or Pro editions for smaller backups.

Ongoing cloud backup, database backup keeping revisions. Ongoing daily, weekly and monthly backup/updates to the local computer as well. Preservation of system images for future deployment.

What Backup solution do you use?

CloudBerry review by <span>Brian U.</span>
Brian U.

Cloudberry Backup great for personal backup.

What do you like best?

It is easy to set up and use. There are many options for backing up. I back up to a local external disk every two hours so I have a copy close at hand that can be easily grabbed in an emergency. I back up to Amazon Glacier every night for off site backup. It supports a huge number of cloud storage systems. It is almost entirely fire and forget, set it up and have piece of mind. And now it has ransomware prevention features.

What do you dislike?

My biggest gripe is that if you set the service up to email you if there is a problem with a backup, it can't email if the backup service itself is offline. Once in a while (rarely but it happens) the Windows service crashes, stopping the backups from running, but of course then it can't send a problem email if it doesn't run at all. I wish they would have a separate service that checks if the first service is enabled.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cloudberry support is eager but inexperienced with consumers. They have a more enterprise focus. But they are knowledge able and friendly and I only ever had to call them once. It is just an all around great product.

Off site backup.

CloudBerry review by <span>Scott E.</span>
Scott E.

A great fit for advanced personal or business use

What do you like best?

It is great to have the ability to perform either file or image-based backups. It is imperative to have my systems accessible quickly in case of an outage and the ability to retrieve from an image backup is necessary. Previous companies I've utilized, like Acronis True Image, have corrupted the image based backups and broken cloud connectivity. Luckily I was not in a system down scenario when this was discovered.

What do you dislike?

They have attempted to make the process as straightforward as possible, however, it still has a couple of quirks in configuration that would be difficult for the layman to understand or work through without some study.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compare your needs with your RTO and RPO to this product and similar products before purchase.

Backing up image based locally and to the cloud with ease of retrieval are the primary items that this helps to address.

As an aside this could be a great alternative to some of the larger image-based backup providers that I use for myself and for clients.

CloudBerry review by <span>Davi M.</span>
Davi M.

Best Backup Solution

What do you like best?

It allows the use of any of the large cloud service platforms, has a wide range of advanced settings options.

I used Code 42 CrashPlan to do my backups, but CloudBerry Backup turned out to be a much better and more complete solution, the ultimate point that made me change my backup software, was the ability CloudBerry Backup has to back up using Azure Blob Storage Archive, which allows me to store my backups at a very low cost.

One of the features I really enjoyed was the ability to prevent Ransomware.

What do you dislike?

I did not like the limitations that each edition allows to manage, 200 GB for the Free edition and 5 TB for the Pro edition is too little, nowadays people have many files, especially photos and videos that consume a lot of space, I believe that the Free edition should allow at least 1 TB, and the Pro edition at least 10 TB.

Another point that may be a bit negative is that the richness of advanced options can be too complex for people with less technical knowledge.But for me it is perfect to have all these options, I believe that a simplified Wizard should be created for simpler users.

I have had some problems by error in Azure, and CloudBerry Backup was unable to resolve itself, although I got help from the technical support, I believe the system should evolve its ability to solve some errors on its own.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In my opinion it is the best backup solution available in the market today, the real-time backup feature is very good and ensures a perfect backup of frequently used files.

The need to have a notebook backup has been completely resolved with CloudBerry Backup.

CloudBerry review by <span>Benjamin C.</span>
Benjamin C.

Great backup solution

What do you like best?

After the discontinuance of Crashplan Home I trialled a number of backup programs with the intention of using Backblaze B2 for storage. CloudBerry was easily the best because it is extremely flexible, allows fine control of settings, clearly shows the details of each backup plan, backs up fast, and just works. Judging by the version history it is also under active development with useful new features being added regularly.

What do you dislike?

From a home user perspective the complexity and numerous steps involved in creating a backup plan or even restoring a single file may be a disadvantage. However overall I think the flexibility of the software justifies this complexity, and it will not concern enterprise users.

It would be nice to have a grandfather-father-son type retention system available, and I understand this is coming. It would also be good if the software made it clearer what changing the retention settings on an existing backup plan would do - whether they would be applied retrospectively or only prospectively.

Effective backup solution

Learn more about CloudBerry Backup

CloudBerry Backup Videos

Learning about CloudBerry Backup?

* We monitor all CloudBerry Backup reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.