CloudBerry Backup

CloudBerry Backup

Cross-platform cloud backup software with file system, image-based backup with SQL Server, MS Exchange support, built for cloud storage: Amazon S3, Amazon Glacier, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Storage,

Work for CloudBerry Backup?

Learning about CloudBerry?

CloudBerry Backup Reviews

Showing 187 CloudBerry reviews
CloudBerry review by Ken S.
Ken S.

"Cloudberry Backup is Awesome"

What do you like best?

I love the easy to use User Interface and the way it guides you each step of the way with helpful tips on most screens. I use it to back up to Amazon S3 Cloudberry is great! It’s fast, efficient, and it just works! With it we can control everything including our own encryption, storage provider (on Azure or many others), scheduling, etc. for our business instead of going to a cloud not under our control. Cloudberry also supports file backups or full images. Cloudberry is extremely efficient at CPU & Drive usage and scheduling actually works. I like that I know what is going on with Cloudberry!

What do you dislike?

Only one issue: 1 issue, we had it set to Unlimited Threads, which was the amount of connections it made at first was locking up the old router at this location which was limited to 768 connections. Easily adjustable under the setting for the backup!

Automated backups from my Server to Amazon S3 daily

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about CloudBerry Backup
CloudBerry review by Loren L.
Loren L.

"Excellent product!"

What do you like best?

- The flexibility of using several different cloud-based backup services is a big plus - you're not tied into the same cloud service as your backup software vendor.

- Ransomware detection - if the software detects a change in encryption status, it holds off on backing up files until an administrator confirms that it's OK to proceed. In the current climate of using backups to combat ransomware threats, this is a really great feature.

- Scheduled or real-time backup - you can schedule block-level backups, or automatically back up whenever changes are made. Again, a great feature to protect against ransomware threats.

What do you dislike?

I have no real complaints with the software. I am an IT professional by trade, and had no issues with installing Cloudberry Windows Desktop Pro backup, getting a cloud storage account set up, and backing up data to the cloud storage account. That being said, I probably would not recommend this for a non-IT professional to use directly - but it would be a great selling feature for a consultant/reseller to add for an additional revenue stream, for example.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Download an evaluation and give it a try. You won't be disappointed.

My cloud-based backup service that I was using on my office PC discontinued its service offering. I did some searching for current cloud-based backup recommendations and found Cloudberry. My costs on a monthly basis for cloud storage will be dropping by at least 50% by taking care of that side of things on my own, in concert with purchase of the Cloudberry Windows Desktop Pro software.

What Server Backup solution do you use?

CloudBerry review by Jas B.
Jas B.

"Ditched Acronis True Image Home for Cloudberry Backup. Best decision I ever made. "

What do you like best?

Your product is amazing. I was previously using Acronis True Image Home. I had no visibility into what the Acronis software was doing during backup and restore operations. For Acronis their online backup was not available when it came time to restore, and the data that was there was incomplete. I was locked into using Acronis only for online backup and there was no way to egress data to another cloud target from Acronis.

I slowly moved through all my Acronis backup images and converted them to VHDX files, and then got rid of Acronis altogether. I got an account with Wasabi for cloud storage, as well as got myself Stablebit Clouddrive and Cloudberry Drive software so I can mount additional cloud targets as a drive letter.

With Cloudberry I get a full dashboard which gives me full visibility of activity, and doesn’t reduce me to a dumbed down progress bar only. The software let's me know what file is being worked on. The granular control your software provides is exactly what I needed and is refreshing to see.

Cloudberry backup provides realtime, constant backup to the cloud. Acronis does not provide this.

What do you dislike?

-Drive imaging is not included in the basic license. There is no intermediate license so that imaging-only can be purchased as an addon. I worked around this by backup windows native backups to the cloud instead.

-It could use more cloud targets which are S3 compatible such as Storj and SIA.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buy the full license. Get cloudberry drive and Stablebit Cloud Drive and use that to run more cloud targets as a drive letter.

-Avoiding vendor lock-in

-Avoid data loss caused by vendor lock-in to a single cloud target

-Avoiding restrictions of only being able to back up to only one cloud target

-Avoiding poor support and buggy software provided by Acronis

CloudBerry review by Ishai James B.
Ishai James B.

"A great backup solution for large amounts of data"

What do you like best?

A number of things. Very easy to use. A ton of features. Reliable. Version control. Ability to schedule backups. Ability to set up a drive to backup twice - first to another drive, then to the cloud.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far. This products meets my expectations and there has been no downside.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to do frequent backups, have complicated backup needs, need version-checking on your backups, or need to backup to a hard drive and to the cloud - I would highly reccomend CloudBerry Backup.

I am a video editor and have around a dozen terabytes of data. I need to backup everything twice - once locally, and once on the cloud. Cloudberry has been the best solution I have found for this. To backup this amount of data, you want to avoid re-backing-up files if they have not been changed since the last backup. Cloudberry will check to see if something has been modified, and skip it if it has not.

CloudBerry review by Andy N.
Andy N.

"Backup solution for my most valuable files - my personal data"

What do you like best?

I am also a refugee from CrashPlan. One can argue Cloudberry is better than Crashplan because a) you can choose your storage provider and b) it does image backups. It does its work while maintaining reasonable ease of use (CrashPlan was “reasonable” as well; though there is no avoiding some basic backup concepts) and, when rolled together with an economical cloud storage provider, is cost effective. Oh – it works: I already had to recover some email files.

What do you dislike?

Cloudberry runs as a Windows service (set and forget) with the option to start up the Windows app to monitor what is going on, make adjustments, and recover files. One thing I miss from Crashplan is a “light weight” Windows tray icon that visually shows the service is in fact running and uploading files – while not a big deal, the icon just adds a level of assurance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keeping your backups safe and secure is paramount. “Trust no one”. Cloudberry offers end-to-end encryption – my files are encrypted on my computer before being uploaded, and are being kept on a business-class cloud service of my choice (Amazon S3 in my case – and very straight forward to set up). I feel safe.

I can’t say that I am realizing a business benefit per se – but, as our personal digital assets grow and paper files become increasingly dated (thank goodness!) – a rock-solid personal backup plan is essential. Cloudberry coupled with a cloud storage provider of my choice gives me a back-up solution that is flexible, secure, economical, and – once set up – “just works”.

CloudBerry review by Sacha B.
Sacha B.

"Switching to Cloudberry from other Cloud Backup System"

What do you like best?

Switching to Cloudberry from Carbonite.

What do you dislike?

Only 1 issue, we had it set to Unlimited Threads, which was the amount of connections it made at first was locking up the old router at this location which was limited to 768 connections. Easily adjustable under the setting for the backup!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended as I've been in IT and Development for most of my life. 34+ years of experience!

Backing up with AES encryption years of private research and development!

CloudBerry review by Brian R.
Brian R.

"Backup solution for small non profit organization"

What do you like best?

I'm a refugee from CrashPlan. I like that I can choose my storage provider for backups and can easily backup to more than one online storage providers. While this review is for the non-profit with a Windows desktop client I would not have used CloudBerry if they didn't also have a Linux client (which I use on my personal computers)

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike. It is feature rich enough for my needs. I would like to see deduplication feature on the desktop client.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to give a try. Google Drive is one of the easiest storage solutions to test with but is not a good long term solution.

When I took over my current role, the backup solution was accounting data on a flash drive that became corrupt shortly after I started. No other backups were being done and none offsite. The big issue that CloudBerry immediately solved was offsite backup.

CloudBerry review by Charles S.
Charles S.

"Cloudberry Backup Ultimate is a complete solution"

What do you like best?

Very fast backup, able to produce both Images (system and disk) and also files and folders, numerous backup options, straightforward to use but sophisticated, state of the art options as well. Can be used with many different cloud providers, fully customizable.

What do you dislike?

So far, nothing that I have found that I dislike. Perhaps some of the more advanced features could be more simply explained. But for the most part, these are fairly easy to comprehend. I have yet to be able to configure the notification system (informing by email when backups complete) but think that just requires researching it a bit more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider Ultimate Edition if you are storing over 1 TB in Cloud-- unlimited storage. Otherwise, Server or Pro editions for smaller backups.

Ongoing cloud backup, database backup keeping revisions. Ongoing daily, weekly and monthly backup/updates to the local computer as well. Preservation of system images for future deployment.

CloudBerry review by Brian U.
Brian U.

"Cloudberry Backup great for personal backup."

What do you like best?

It is easy to set up and use. There are many options for backing up. I back up to a local external disk every two hours so I have a copy close at hand that can be easily grabbed in an emergency. I back up to Amazon Glacier every night for off site backup. It supports a huge number of cloud storage systems. It is almost entirely fire and forget, set it up and have piece of mind. And now it has ransomware prevention features.

What do you dislike?

My biggest gripe is that if you set the service up to email you if there is a problem with a backup, it can't email if the backup service itself is offline. Once in a while (rarely but it happens) the Windows service crashes, stopping the backups from running, but of course then it can't send a problem email if it doesn't run at all. I wish they would have a separate service that checks if the first service is enabled.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cloudberry support is eager but inexperienced with consumers. They have a more enterprise focus. But they are knowledge able and friendly and I only ever had to call them once. It is just an all around great product.

Off site backup.

CloudBerry review by Scott E.
Scott E.

"A great fit for advanced personal or business use"

What do you like best?

It is great to have the ability to perform either file or image-based backups. It is imperative to have my systems accessible quickly in case of an outage and the ability to retrieve from an image backup is necessary. Previous companies I've utilized, like Acronis True Image, have corrupted the image based backups and broken cloud connectivity. Luckily I was not in a system down scenario when this was discovered.

What do you dislike?

They have attempted to make the process as straightforward as possible, however, it still has a couple of quirks in configuration that would be difficult for the layman to understand or work through without some study.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compare your needs with your RTO and RPO to this product and similar products before purchase.

Backing up image based locally and to the cloud with ease of retrieval are the primary items that this helps to address.

As an aside this could be a great alternative to some of the larger image-based backup providers that I use for myself and for clients.

CloudBerry review by Davi M.
Davi M.

"Best Backup Solution"

What do you like best?

It allows the use of any of the large cloud service platforms, has a wide range of advanced settings options.

I used Code 42 CrashPlan to do my backups, but CloudBerry Backup turned out to be a much better and more complete solution, the ultimate point that made me change my backup software, was the ability CloudBerry Backup has to back up using Azure Blob Storage Archive, which allows me to store my backups at a very low cost.

One of the features I really enjoyed was the ability to prevent Ransomware.

What do you dislike?

I did not like the limitations that each edition allows to manage, 200 GB for the Free edition and 5 TB for the Pro edition is too little, nowadays people have many files, especially photos and videos that consume a lot of space, I believe that the Free edition should allow at least 1 TB, and the Pro edition at least 10 TB.

Another point that may be a bit negative is that the richness of advanced options can be too complex for people with less technical knowledge.But for me it is perfect to have all these options, I believe that a simplified Wizard should be created for simpler users.

I have had some problems by error in Azure, and CloudBerry Backup was unable to resolve itself, although I got help from the technical support, I believe the system should evolve its ability to solve some errors on its own.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In my opinion it is the best backup solution available in the market today, the real-time backup feature is very good and ensures a perfect backup of frequently used files.

The need to have a notebook backup has been completely resolved with CloudBerry Backup.

CloudBerry review by Benjamin C.
Benjamin C.

"Great backup solution"

What do you like best?

After the discontinuance of Crashplan Home I trialled a number of backup programs with the intention of using Backblaze B2 for storage. CloudBerry was easily the best because it is extremely flexible, allows fine control of settings, clearly shows the details of each backup plan, backs up fast, and just works. Judging by the version history it is also under active development with useful new features being added regularly.

What do you dislike?

From a home user perspective the complexity and numerous steps involved in creating a backup plan or even restoring a single file may be a disadvantage. However overall I think the flexibility of the software justifies this complexity, and it will not concern enterprise users.

It would be nice to have a grandfather-father-son type retention system available, and I understand this is coming. It would also be good if the software made it clearer what changing the retention settings on an existing backup plan would do - whether they would be applied retrospectively or only prospectively.

Effective backup solution

CloudBerry review by Alexandre L.
Alexandre L.

"Excelente solução de bakcup"

What do you like best?

É fácil e intuitivo de utilizar, rápido, seguro e oferece a possibilidade de utilização de vários serviços de armazenamento e na núvem.

Utilizei o CrashPlan por muitos anos e até então não havia encontrado um substituto à altura. Pois o Cloudberry substitui e é muito melhor do que o Crashplan.

Gostei também da forma de comercialização de licença vitalícia com pagamento único sem mensalidades ou renovações anuais.

What do you dislike?

Ainda não possui uma regra para excluir os arquivos vazios (0 bytes) do backup e toda execução termina com mensagem de erro porque foram encontrados arquivos vazios. Então o Cloudberry deveria permitir criar uma regra para filtra e excluir estes arquivos do backup ou parar de gerar erro quando estes arquivso são encontrados, pois exige que diariamente seja conferido o log para entender o erro e verificar se alguma ação precisa ser tomada.

Registrei este problema no suporte e espero que seja corrigido na próxima versão.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Se você era um usuário CrashPlan Home, o Cloudberry é a melhor solução para substitui-lo.

Estou conseguindo guardar cópias de sergurança e versionar os meus documentos. Além disto, estou aproveitando as áreas obsoletas de alguns serviços de armazenamento que tenho conta (OneDrive e Google Drive por exemplo) para armazenar o backup de arquivos mais importantes.

CloudBerry review by Darlan V.
Darlan V.

"O mais perfeito programa de backup para arquivos"

What do you like best?

Ja utilizei vários programas de backup ao longo de anos e o Cloudberry é o que mais se aproxima da perfeição.

Fiz o comparativo entre Acronis, KLS, Macrium, Easeus, CrashPlan, Virtos, Goodync, Norton Ghost, Syncback Pro dentres outros e todos eles apresentou algum problema, seja na hora de fazer o backup ou na restauração, a maioria não possui o versionamento de arquivos que para mim é fundamental na hora de fazer o restaura de arquivos perdidos.

Então o Cloudberry foi o mais completo e eficiente que encontrei, foi o único que apresentou todos os modulos que eu precisava e por esses motivos passei e indicar e implantar ele em todas as maquinas de clientes.

CloudBerrys tem uma ampla gama de destinos de backup são definitivamente o ponto chave aqui. Eu tenho avaliado o software contra vários concorrentes durante um longo período de tempo, e este é, de longe, o melhor em termos de flexibilidade e opções de backup.

O fato de eu poder dividir meus diferentes backups em diferentes armazéns na nuvem e local é sem comparação (bem, depois que o CrashPlan eliminou seu serviço Home). Nem tudo pertence à nuvem, mas nem tudo pode ser armazenado em casa também

What do you dislike?

Não gosto da cobrança por quantidade de espaço que o backup utiliza que acaba sendo caro no Brasil (que cobra muitos impostos na conversão da moeda).

Recommendations to others considering the product

O melhor de tudo é a solução de versionamento de arquivos, que possibilita o restauro de documentos apagados ou modificados ao longo do tempo.

CloudBerry review by Steen Kjøng P.
Steen Kjøng P.

"The all-in-one backup soultion you need"

What do you like best?

CloudBerrys wide range of backup destinations are definately the key point here.

I've been evaluating the software against several competitors over a long period of time, and this is by far the best in terms of flexibility and backup options.

The fact that I can divide my different backups to different cloud and local storages is without comparison (well, after CrashPlan eliminated their Home service). Not everything belongs in the cloud, but not everything can be stored at home either.

What do you dislike?

Could be the lack of a cloud service, but as I am fully capable of finding a cloud provider myself (CloudBerry also helps me with this) it's no concern for me. It could potentially scare away the average home user, however this is more of an enterprise-like software after all.

This will be used for home backup. But drawing a parallel is easy. Critical files exist at home as well as in a business. Making sure that data never dies, is ransomewarenapped, suffers disk failure and much more - the use case is the same!

CloudBerry review by Edward G.
Edward G.

"Best Backup Software Hands Down"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and array of services. The backups just work. The ability to restore from the cloud portal is a great value add. Creating backups from the remote console adds another layer of convenience.

What do you dislike?

At this point I can't say that there is anything wrong with the product therefore no dislikes here, but for the sake of non bias reviews I will say that the cloud interface sometimes can be a little difficult to read.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Product does what it says and if you want to implement a quick and effective disaster recovery plan this is the right product to us.

Restoring from bare metal/VMware to EC2. Restoring files has been made simpler by allowing the user to connect to their site and restore versions of their files. This has helped us tremendously as the team focuses on other areas rather than taking time to restore single files for users.

CloudBerry review by John T.
John T.

"Nice product with glitches but not show stoppers"

What do you like best?

Full 256-bit AES support with the "TNO" model and supports compression are key features for me in this product. Great UI, detailed enough to satisfy power users but not overly complicated to get in the way. There are well designed tabs that allow for quickly viewing the status of backups and restores. It has a Microsoft Office feel that is very easy to use while still covering all of the features and functionality.

If you're looking for a solution to backup to Backblaze B2 then look no further. Sure, there are nicer software packages out there but they either A) cost a LOT more or B) don't support the Backblaze B2 service. After trying a handful of alternatives it was easy to select this product.

What do you dislike?

As with any software solution, there are drawbacks and CloudBerry Backup is no exception. However I still highly recommend this product even with the below mentioned items.

Item #1 – There is an artificial "storage limit" imposed on the software depending on the amount of money you have paid for the product. Note that they do NOT offer actual cloud storage and this is a self-imposed limit on their software. That’s understandable for the *FREE* product but certainly not for the paid ones. Said limit is not mentioned on their product page with all of the other features, and when you request an increase to the limit they ask you to post a review (which is why I'm here). I feel this is shady business on their part for not clearly disclosing it and then asking for free publicity to raise an artificial limit.

Item #2 – Difficulty editing backup or restore plans or even restoring files. Let me explain. When modifying a backup or restore plan, it isn’t possible to edit a single aspect. Let’s say you need to change your encryption key or file select. That requires going through the entire list of options (next, next, next, next, next, finish) to change a single aspect of the configuration. Same for restoring files, I can’t easily restore a file without going through a dozen mouse clicks. It shouldn’t be that difficult.

Item #3 – Product stability. Upon first setting up the backup, I received an odd error with restoring files with the encryption key (copy/pasted from a password manager). However, when changing the encryption key to exclude more exotic special characters the issue went away. The GUI has an odd glitch with the close/maximize/minimize buttons; they appear to be from the Windows XP days while the rest of the GUI matches the underlying OS. Also there is some screen “flashing” and odd CPU use when backup tasks are initiated and in progress. This is on a fresh windows VM running no other software so I am left to believe that it’s specific to this product.

This isn't for business use, this is for home use, ergo I am not solving business problems with this product.

CloudBerry review by Shane C.
Shane C.

"Finally, a robust backup solution that is also intuitive!"

What do you like best?

The GUI is very easy to navigate, various options are fairly obvious and easy to find (intuitive).

The wizard to create a plan is very simple:

Choose the files\folders you wish to backup

Choose where (Local, Cloud, Local+Cloud)

Choose schedule

Done!

There are more fine-grained options within each of the steps above, allowing further detail such as encryption, compression, number of versions of each file to store, length of time versions should be kept, etc

What do you dislike?

I dislike the Linux GUI, looks several iterations behind the Windows application. That said, it is still far and away better than any other tool I have found. Just compared to its Windows variant, it is lacking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a simple to implement\simple to manage data backup\recovery solution, look no further.

I wanted a simple method of syncing my files to a local drive and to a cloud service. Whether it be Amazon, Google or Microsoft.

This tool does just that, and more.

Benefits:

Peace of mind (priceless)

CloudBerry review by Chad L.
Chad L.

"CloudBerry for MSPs is a great choice!"

What do you like best?

The web-based management portal is very feature-rich, including the ability to remotely monitor backups, add/edit/remove backup & restore jobs, and start/stop backup jobs. License procurement and distribution to client systems is also made super easy through the management portal. Having central management and reporting of all of my clients' backups has been a huge time saver versus having to remote control their computers to make adjustments. I also get a summary email daily that shows all of my clients' current backup status I have a quick daily snapshot without needing to log into the portal. Lastly, the ability to brand the backup software with my company name and logo is easily done in the portal as well.

What do you dislike?

Currently when you deploy a new client, there is a 15 day trial period before the product needs to be registered. It would be nice if that trial period was 30 days instead of 15.

I needed a cost-effective backup solution for my clients, as many of them are individuals and small businesses who need to keep their costs under control. When CrashPlan decided to discontinue their Home products, which were very cost-effective, I needed another solution for my clients. Cloudberry has allowed me continue servicing my customers with an even more feature-rich backup software platform than CrashPlan offered.

CloudBerry review by Oscar d.
Oscar d.

"CloudBerry is a great cloud backup product"

What do you like best?

CloudBerry has the ability to make real time backups using Windows VSS and it is fast and reliable. It is very easy to use and configure and uses very few system resources. It has the ability to notify by email of everything or only of the errors, this makes any sysadmin comfortable and always informed about what is happening.

The GUI is really friendly and you may control how many system resources should be used.

You may add more services than you can imagine, my favorites are Amazon S3 and Amazon Glacier because I think those two are cheap, although I maybe would think about adding SugarSync as it is another robust backup cloud service.

Great, great product.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the fact that each version has a unclear GB (or TB) for backups for lifetime and that information is not very clear on their website.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pay close attention to the version you need.

Although I am not using in real business, as a techy home user, I makes me forget about all my NVR backups forever and rest assure that they are backing up on the cloud for a whole year. I now by email exactly if there is something wrong with my backup, which in fact, it never is, always works as expected.

CloudBerry review by Tomáš M.
Tomáš M.

"Versatile backup software with straightforward user interface"

What do you like best?

CloudBerry offers wide variety of backup targets and configuration options that let me adjust it so it fits exactly with my needs, without making automatic decisions for me. Using it with Windows Azure lets me saturate my internet connection and finish the initial backup very quickly, without using too much CPU and memory locally (a problem I had with some other solutions).

The development team also seems to be quick to implement support for new features in backup destinations soon after they appear, in my case using the new Archive Blob tier and I didn't currently find any other software which would let me experiment with those features.

What do you dislike?

Despite providing no storage space, there is a total backup size limitation in all versions but the Ultimate, and although it can be increased significantly on request, I'd like a licensing option with no limit, but without all the advanced features of the Ultimate version that I'm not interested in.

I'm using CloudBerry a backup for large, but mostly unchanging files to cold storage: video footage, 3D scans, photos and other project files.

CloudBerry review by Ryan B.
Ryan B.

"Great tool for SMB"

What do you like best?

The user interface is fantastic and is very easy to navigate around. It makes it very easy to select which files and folders need to be backed up. I like that it supports more cloud providers than I'd ever heard of, and they say support for more is coming in the future. Their support is also excellent and very eager to resolve issues. You also have the ability to encrypt backups and password-protect the interface.

What do you dislike?

I wish you were able to restore files directly from the Backup Storage view without having to actually step through the restore steps.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you account for the extra utilization in your cloud storage when CloudBerry performs its initial backup. You'll end up using a lot more requests and data transfer on the first run.

CloudBerry provides us with an easy way to perform off-site backups of our business-critical data. In addition to keeping local backups, CloudBerry makes it easy to copy these backups off-site and be able to rapidly restore them if something were to happen.

CloudBerry review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Great Backup Product"

What do you like best?

Cloudberry makes it very simple to get a backup up and running in no time. Easy to use interface with a ton of options to select from for just about everything you can imagine. Set your time, set the retention periods, how often you want the backups to reoccur, ransomware protection, they are all there. Image based, file, VM, SQL, Exchange versions are all available and reasonably priced. If you need to use the product as a MSP, you can easily do that too and have a very healthy profit margin with the many different storage options available to you.

What do you dislike?

If there is one thing I have found that I wish were different, it would have to be with the image restorations. From what I can tell you have to restore the entire image. You can't just restore selected files from the image. Other products do allow that. As a work around, I have setup backups to run both file based and image based on the same machine so that if I need to I can go and get just that one file if I need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try and play with the different options. There is a way to make it do just about everything under the sun when it comes to a backup solution.

I have been able to solve not having to buy an expensive backup solution to try and resell at a high cost to my customers. Because of the way Cloudberry is priced, I can offer a very affordable and robust backup solution to my customers at a price they can easily digest each month for backup services.

CloudBerry review by Ashish  M.
Ashish M.

"Great Cloud-first backup that doesn't just treat cloud as a storage target"

What do you like best?

CloudBerry Backup is much simpler than many "larger" backup programs - for those who want to back up directly to Cloud, CBB is the best solution I have found so far. I still must test on larger data sets, but initial testing shows promise.

What do you dislike?

The limitations - even when paid. the number of shares and data under management seem arbitrary. Worse, for those who have more than 1 TB account, CBB requires a full server unlimited solution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider pairing this with products from Stablebit - also under evaluation. I recognize that CBB has a "CloudDrive" as well, but it is poorly documented and difficult to see how well it would work - I would expect better integration (and a MUCH better communication) if the developers truly intended these to work together.

Offsite backup using cloud storage providers as the target. Enabling users to perform their own backups to encrypted volumes using their own accounts. It is very hard to find a good backup program that does this without it just being considered an "add-on" to an existing suite like Acronis. Marcrium does not offer this functionality at all.

CloudBerry review by Administrator

"Solid Alternative to CrashPlan"

What do you like best?

Easy to set up for both local and cloud backup targets. Good alternative to CrashPlan, but a little bit of a learning curve.

*Lots* of backup destinations. Kind of mind-blowing, actually. Pretty straightforward setup. Whatever you're looking for, chances are, there's a setting for that, somewhere. Solid and stable app (on Windows for me), with reasonable resource requirements. AES256 encryption and compression. Clients are available for a wide variety of platforms.

What do you dislike?

As far as an even/better Crashplan replacement, the only big missing is the easy peer-to-peer backup. I had a problem resetting and starting over (it's a test, everyone does that a few times, right?), where CB doesn't automatically recognize that a destination has been wiped and it should be starting over - there's a setting / button for that, but it's not obvious that that's what it's for or what problem it's designed to fix.

Workstation and server backups across a variety of platforms to multiple backup targets. CloudBerry is working well for my backup needs.

CloudBerry review by Ozzie B.
Ozzie B.

"I dropped Veeam Backup and Replication!!"

What do you like best?

Price, ease of use and functionality. I bought the version for Hyper V and love it, it works very well, has tons of storage options and is easy to use. We've been able to back up just shy of 500 GB without any problems, we were setup and safely backed up within a matter of hours.

What do you dislike?

I honestly cannot think of any issues. One thing that would be nice is if they included deduplication in the product. It is an addon product, but it's a little confusing as to how that is supposed to work. It almost seems as though it's a separate server that handles the deduplication for you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! It won't disappoint. The customer service team is amazing, the price is amazing and the software ROCKS!

I was looking for a better solution at backing up our Hyper V servers to Azure and Amazon. There are quite a few backup providers that leverage Amazon but Azure was a different story. CloudBerry does this right out of the box and makes the whole process easy.

CloudBerry review by Craig C.
Craig C.

"Rcck solid product!"

What do you like best?

The user interface is always clean, intuitive and easy to navigate. The number of cloud services enabled through the product keeps growing (although I'm only using AWS and Google)

What do you dislike?

After using Cloudberry for several years, I have not yet found anything in this product (or Server Backup) that I don't like. It's never let me down.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For users looking for AWS S3 to hold backups, try the command line, then try the free product. The value of the Cloudberry interface is how much time you can save.

We use Cloudberry Server backup to backup on premise and EC2 instances to S3. The hybrid function is great for enterprise databases too since it helps create a local backup AND a cloud backup. I have recently started using Desktop Backup as my home solution and for family friends too.

CloudBerry review by Richard A.
Richard A.

"A full functional and robust backup solution"

What do you like best?

I very much enjoy the freedom to choose a storage provider, as well as local backups of course. There are some very smart things going on such as the ability to backup locally and to the cloud at once, block level and file level backups as well as a lot of versioning options.

What do you dislike?

My biggest complaint so far is a lack of confidence that backups are happening. For example, why is there the ability to start and stop a backup plan configured to to run "real-time"? Does that mean it will stop in the future and I won't know it? The windows system tray icon also disappears when you close the program, even if the service is running. This all adds up to a lack of confidence that you can set it and forget it. It would be nice to also get proactive email reminders if a backup has not been run in a set time. I tested by "stopping" my real-time backup (again something that logically makes no sense to have the option for) and have not received any notification for a couple days.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it!

Backups and data security are major investments and Cloudberry solves that in one fail swoop. Backups to multiple locations are key and the ease of use and the "just works" design of Cloudberry means I won't be looking for another solution for a long time.

CloudBerry review by User

"Great flexible product with great value to your price"

What do you like best?

I love the product's flexibility with multiple cloud storage options, multiple restore options, pre/post actions for backup (very nice for laptops which need to check for example if i connected to my home wifi before an attempt is made to backup to my NAS storage).

Very good security with end to end encryption and compression options.

Over all you will get a great value for your money.

Pros:

- Great value for your money. For so much options you don't pay a lot.

- Flexible! Great options for backup and restore just as you like.

- Multiple Cloud providers

- Security implemented well (According to Steve Gibson on Security Now).

What do you dislike?

Although there are many options for cloud providers, i still would love to see more options of home user cloud providers such as Mega, Pcloud etc.

It's nice that most of the services are professional cloud providers, but i think for the Desktop version it could be great if the home users will have more home user cloud provider choises.

- Flexibility

- Multiple Cloud options. If one cloud provider lower the price, you can switch with only few clicks.

CloudBerry review by Steven N.
Steven N.

"Production Usage"

What do you like best?

I like that it's easy to setup and manage. I like that it also provides bandwidth limits for Amazon S3. I have also used it to provide encryption for HIPAA compliant data.

What do you dislike?

When backing up to Amazon it's difficult to use the filesystem without using CloudBerry to perform a backup. I know they do this to maintain versions of files, however S3 provides file versioning as well, so perhaps use that

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you fully take your time to evaluate all of the features and make a deployment plan. The simple wizards will do quite a lot for you, but there are lots of options to help you.

1) Offline database backups

2) Offsite Image asset backup

CloudBerry review by Rob S.
Rob S.

"Hands down one of the best backup tools for S3"

What do you like best?

It's easy to set up and use. I'm a solo operator with a lot of client assets to manage. A disk failure on my server would be close to catastrophic. Offsite backups are a must and Cloudberry's products make this possible with a simplicity that helps me immeasurably. It even lets me know if the backup job failed ... a huge plus.

What do you dislike?

I've used the product in the past and sometimes backup failure messages can be cryptic. CB's support, though, was on hand to help me sort things out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Save yourself the headaches and worries ... CB's got your back.

Offsite backups are necessary for anyone who maintains digital assets. This app gives a lot of peace-of-mind.

CloudBerry review by Edward C.
Edward C.

"A solution for critical desktops"

What do you like best?

I've been using Cloudberry products since 2012, initially various versions of Cloudberry Explorer, plus Cloudberry Server Backup for a client's web and development servers. I started using Cloudberry Desktop Backup for myself a couple of years ago, and am now implementing it for a client. They have a situation with critical data being split between desktops and servers, and an older backup system for their servers, Cloudberry Desktop offers desktop backup at a lower cost than using the existing system's desktop agents, as well as independence more secure and predictable storage, all at a much lower cost than the various online systems, and control of your own data. Restoration is also much quicker, when needed. Finally there is no need for constant paid upgrades and eventual "this version is no longer supported" situations.

What do you dislike?

Regarding the desktop backup, it would be nice to have a management facility to take care of multiple installations. The user profile backup is a little misleading, since one of the major subfolders of a profile must be selected - i.e - Documents, Desktop, Downloads. Many recruiters tend to save and edit resumes in the downloads directory. It would be nice to have an option for documents, downloads, and desktop in one shot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There's a little work involved, mostly in setting up storage, but the lower cost improved performance over online subscription and storage based backup solutions justify it.

The obvious primary concern is critical data not stored on a server. Quicker migration without using an OS migration tool is obviously in there, and large savings in the case of migrating data from a failing drive, whether to another drive or a completely new machine. Finally, the ability of maintaining multiple versions of a file in the case of an accidental alteration.

CloudBerry review by Administrator

"Fast, Reliable, and Cost Effective"

What do you like best?

CloudBerry provides a simple solution to backup to a variety of remote backup services. In our tests, it has been faster than the competition by a level of magnitude. The interface is intuitive, but packs a variety of options, allowing both novices and experts to benefit.

What do you dislike?

The free version is well-functioning, but lacks encryption.

Backup to an off-site location is essential, but can be prohibitively expensive. Our analysis found that a backup of 3TB can cost $3.3K-$6.1 per year when using a “full service” provider such as Jungle Disk, Mozy, or Carbonite. If you do it yourself – store data on Amazon S3 or Glacier – you can cut the cost by 80%-90%. On Amazon, storage is cheap but the user interface is obscure. This is where CloudBerry excels: It manages backups, both local and remote, with reliability and ease.

Full disclosure: This review faithfully presents our analysis and experience. The company provides a 50% upgrade discount for users who document their experience. The company didn’t influence the content of this review.

CloudBerry review by Iraklis D.
Iraklis D.

"Good for backing up files but needs improvements"

What do you like best?

It's deadly simple with a wide array of options included ranging from encryption to compression. I like the fact that it is pedantic when you create a backup task (which can be scheduled periodically) with various prompts like where to backup, what to backup, what to exclude, etc.

What do you dislike?

I was especially annoyed with the fact that it did not have an option for ignoring/filtering filenames but only extensions and OneDrive tends to have issues with desktop.ini files but I had to search for all these files in the user directory and specify them separately from the GUI menu when editing the backup schedule.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes. It's cheap.

I'm backing up my folders & files for disaster cases/scenarios. Need to say more? :)

CloudBerry review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"Moving multiple gigabytes to Amazon Glacier is reliable and effective"

What do you like best?

The UI provides a straightforward setup for backup source and desitination

What do you dislike?

While the UI is functional, setting up a backup so far requires re-running the wizard to update a backup job. I'd much rather have access to the field values on a form

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are numerous free solutions, and as a software development team, we have little aversion to open source software! But - to solve a risk-reduction strategy, we preferred a product that offers support.

We backup our Macs using Time Machine to a RAID box in the closet. However - that RAID box is now six years old, and the cost/availability of replacement drives is an impediment. We needed to backup large files that change often.

The shadow-copy feature, along with scheduled updates so far allows us to put off purchasing a new RAID box for as long as possible, and provides a reasonable reduction of risk

CloudBerry review by Administrator

"Server Backup that works right and sends if off-premise"

What do you like best?

Easy to set and let it just work. No more swapping firewire external drives. If you have every tried to make the built in Windows Server Backup work, you know how frustrating it can be to make it work and then keep it working, get reports, read event logs. With CloudBerry Backup Server, I get to set it as an image backup (using built-in VSS to snapshot) and the daily incremental and let it go. I also get to shape the traffic impact by throttling the bandwidth for the different days and times of days stream the back up to a cloud service (B2 Blaze). Now I don’t have to worry about swapping backup hard drives on-premise or that they wear out over time and the cost of replacement. If you are a little considered about someone else having access to your files, then you turn on encryption (like I did). Now we have a disconnected off-premise backups of all the office files, if ransomware or hardware failure hits.

What do you dislike?

There are many options for the product, which means you need to understand the many choices you can make. I would like to be able to pull files from my image backup, but you need to restore the volume as a unit and then extract the files from the volume. Therefor I need do an image backup and a file backup in order to get coverage. I’m not sure any backup solution allow does that at this price point.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have a 100 Mbps Internet service, or this will not work for you.

We have avoid the cost of replacement firewire drives used for backups every 3 years (because that how long they seem to last). The cost of software + monthly of B2 for 3 years is cheaper than just one firewire drive and we had 2 drives.

CloudBerry review by Chad R.
Chad R.

"Simplest Cloud Backup Solutions for Home"

What do you like best?

This is the easiest to configure of all of the cloud to Azure/AWS solutions available. The ability to backup an entire computer with a USB recovery meets a gap in the market. Acronis is one of the only competitors but without the included ability to use your own backup vendor.

What do you dislike?

The interface is almost too simple. There are not enough options for a system/OS recovery. The cloud configuration for AWS is lacking configuration help that keep up the latest information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Simple and transparent costs for backup. Look for another solution if you need a full system recovery.

Simple backup and restore for system and user data.

Transparent cost for backup used.

Granular control over data that is archived.

CloudBerry review by Rob F.
Rob F.

"Cloudberry, A Great Backup System"

What do you like best?

- Simple to use GUI

- Easy to setup

- Supports encryption and compression

- Appears to be reliable

- Supports VSS

- Wide range of cloud provider integration

- Built in support for emailing about failed and/or successful backups (no SMTP server required)

- Built in support for logging to the Windows event log

What do you dislike?

- Lack of transparency in regards to encryption and compression support (only some cloud providers are supported, and this is only displayed when attempting to enable it for a given backup profile)

- Poor website layout (hard to find information)

- GUI locks up during (initial) backup

- Artificial limitations imposed on maximum backup size

Automated backup of Windows PCs with encryption and compression.

CloudBerry review by Saulius B.
Saulius B.

"Modern cloud-based cross-platform backup solution"

What do you like best?

- Cloud management

- Integration with cloud storage platforms (Backblaze B2)

- Many endpoint/target options (including cloud, like Office 365)

- Comprehensive reporting and dashboard

- Multi-tenancy / support for multiple companies under one account (with separate logins restricted for management of each company)

What do you dislike?

- Somewhat limited/rigid file (backup) filtering capabilities in backup sets (regexp or similar capabilities would solve this - would no longer need to create different backup sets for different disks/drives (e.g. C, D, E in Windows)

- Web console (for users) interface very different from rich (PC) application

- Occasionally slow web console (for administration)

- No ability to store encryption key in a single location for all uses (backup plan, restore plan, consistency check)

- Monitoring dashboard could be more interactive - e.g. by clicking on failed backups you would expect to see which are those exactly, same applies to other monitoring parts - if I want to check all endpoint/backup current state, I want to see only CURRENT state, not some previous failures, i.e. just to know if something has to be done now

- Not really practical to achieve actual Continuous Data Protection implementation

Recommendations to others considering the product

- Take a note on how different your endpoints / backup sets are. CloudBerry might have somewhat lenghty processes in defining backup sets - if they are VERY different, you might end up creating many backup sets. If they implement regexp one day this could change the whole picture.

Cloudberry is industry-leading backup solution we are generally very happy with some minor exceptions. It helped us cover many regular aspects you could expect from a well-running backup system, including:

- Being part of disaster recovery planning

- Protection from human error and malicious intent

- Reduction of security risks, especially ransom-ware

CloudBerry review by Dale B.
Dale B.

"Very Satisfied with Cloudberry Backup"

What do you like best?

I am an IT Consultant and have recommended Cloudberry products for several years for my clients. It is very simple to setup and use and the feature I love the best is it's seamless integration with Amazon S3.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about cloudberry is that sometimes I have issues when the backup destination (normally a NAS) is offline and the backups tend to pile up on the C Drive and have to be deleted manually.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I only use 2 features, local backup (to local drive or NAS) and to Amazon S3 and I have had lots of success with Cloudberry.

I use it for backing up to a NAS and to Amazon S3 (encrypted)

CloudBerry review by Juan M.
Juan M.

"Mi experencia con CloudBerry"

What do you like best?

Es fácil e intuitivo de utilizar, rápido, seguro y ofrece la posibilidad de utilizar varios servicios de almacenamiento y en la nube.

Me musga mucho la consola para ver todos los respaldos, los completos, fallos, o algún otro estatus

What do you dislike?

Todavía no tiene una regla para eliminar los archivos vacíos (0 bytes) de la copia de seguridad y toda la ejecución termina con el mensaje de error porque se han encontrado archivos vacíos.

Siempre manda el error, de que se completo pero con archivos que no estan en disco

Todos mis respaldos de las bases e datos de sql las realizo con este producto y la verdad me va muy bien

CloudBerry review by User

"Feature rich in both how you want to backup and where you want to backup to"

What do you like best?

A very feature rich tool that not only allows you to backup any way you want, (like customized retention policies, strong encryption and block-level incremental backups) but also where you want (whether it's local, personal cloud like Google Drive and Microsoft One Drive, or enterprise cloud like Amazon S3 and Backblaze B2).

What do you dislike?

The 5TB limit on Server licenses is far too low for business use. Also even though it supports backing up directly to the most cloud providers in any backup tool I've seen, Dropbox is notably absent.

With CloudBerry Backup I was able to use multiple backup plans, utilizing different retention policies and backup techniques (file vs block-level) depending on the type of data in the plan, while storing the backup directly in enterprise level cloud storage like Amazon S3 and meeting encryption requirements. This allowed for such a cost-effective way to backup that I was able to not only backup important data, but also all non-important (but useful) data within budget.

"Super easy to use"

What do you like best?

What I liked the most was the fact that the interface is extremely user friendly and easy to use. I'm not from the IT area, but I've still been able to configure it to organize file backups in Google Storage.

What do you dislike?

About CloudBerry there's nothing to complain about. The only hard thing was to be able to confirm Google Storage preferences and services. This was the cheapest solution we found on the market.

Recommendations to others considering the product

is extremely easy to use, and very cheap by what it offers. The best thing is that you can pay a single price for the rest of your life. Without this pick of other companies to pay a "rent" to use the services.

This honesty along with ease of use makes me adore this software. I recommend it to everyone.

We have a pretty large amount to store on the physical HD only. So for security, we're uploading our files with CloudBerry periodically. This ensures that even if the property catches on fire, we will not lose our latest files.

CloudBerry review by Administrator in Industrial Automation
Administrator in Industrial Automation

"Great Backup for Small Business"

What do you like best?

I most appreciate the flexibility to backup to local drives, NAS drives, as well as the cloud. The cloud services support is comprehensive. Overall, backups are extremely easy to configure and maintain, and restoration is as well. It is a great tool for personal use.

What do you dislike?

There are myriad versions available, and the vendor website is somewhat cryptic when attempting to determine an appropriate version.

I previously used CrashPlan for years, but dropped it when Code 42 stopped supporting accounts for individuals. I switched to a combination of other products that allowed me to backup to local, NAS, and cloud locations, but it was difficult to get them to work in concert and feared that it would make disaster recovery a nightmare when that scenario presented itself. CloudBerry wraps all the functionality I need into one app that is easy to setup and maintain.

CloudBerry review by Steve B.
Steve B.

"CloudBerry vs Acronis True Image Cloud"

What do you like best?

We have been using Acronis True Image Cloud for several years. At the end of 2017, we evaluated and switched to CloudBerry Backup. Acronis cloud backup service was extremely slow for backups and restores. The Acronis web UI for managing my account and cloud backups was painfully slow.

Cloudberry allows us to pick cloud service providers who have much better performance for backup uploads and downloads. It's easy to set up hybrid backups to a local USB drive and the cloud for protection from file deletion, corruption, and ransomware attacks.

What do you dislike?

On one of my Windows 10 x64 computers, the Windows Networking Service reported some errors and would lose Internet connectivity. I found a fix online that modified TCPIP parameters which fixed the problem. I would like to see better bandwidth management across multiple computer backups.

I switched to CloudBerry from Acronis True Image Cloud. Cloudberry allows you to choice from multiple cloud service providers and is so much faster to upload and download backups to the cloud. I use the hybrid backup scheme to back up files locally and to the cloud to protect against deletion and a ransomware attack.

CloudBerry review by Ian B.
Ian B.

"Good server cloud backup solution"

What do you like best?

I like that I can see all of my server backups in one single location via the admin portal dashboard. I can manage each image back from the portal if I need to as the portal can communicate with the agents installed on the servers. I can access the portal from anywhere in the world. I can also initiate a backup of the client piece from the admin portal for each of the backup servers if I choose to (which is usually a good idea). The branding features are nice but we don't use them since we just use it internally. Cloudberry connects to our storage account in Azure so we have all of our backups going there. It also allows for a file system backup so I don't necessarily have to do an image backup if I choose not to. We have chosen to do Image Backups and use a bootable USB device to restore our servers in the case of a disaster instead of doing the Bare Metal backups. The process for booting to a USB device seemed more trustworthy to me when I was initially setting up. Right now we are backing up disk images about 20 + servers to Azure with Cloudberry and everything runs smoothly. Occasionally we will have a server image backup fail for one reason or another. The price is very reasonable too. Cloudberry itself was not that expensive for backing up 30 servers. We then pay Azure for the amount of storage we use for the backups (which isn't too expensive either all things considered). Lastly, we do not need a tape drive to store our backups as they all go to a redundant location in the cloud. This means that we do not have to drive to our datacenter to change tapes. Big win there.

What do you dislike?

At the time I was setting up this backup solution, we could not restore an "Image Backup" that was taken from one of our On-Premise servers to an Azure VM. This was almost a deal breaker for us but there were so many other positives that we decided to go with Cloudberry Backup. I can, in a round about away, restore to backup to Azure VM but there were some other steps involved. Cloudberry may have added this as I haven't looked at the latest update notes in a while but at the time it wasn't possible to restore directly to an Azure VM from one of our image backups (which was 2015/2016 time frame).

Backing up all of our on premise servers to a redundant cloud solution (Azure). We gained piece of mind and potentially saved lots of money and effort if we lost a server.

CloudBerry review by William A.
William A.

"Set it and forget it"

What do you like best?

Cloudberry backup is one of the most cost effective ways to keep my computers backed up with out concern if it is working or not. Once I set the software up and connected it to my Amazon S3 acocunt, which was rather simple to do, I no longer need to think about keeping my data protected because of the real time protection built into the software.

Cloudberry backup has a pretty long list of destinations to send your back up data to and also supports Amazon Glacier for deep back ups.

We run 2 back up plans on the software. One to Amazon S3 just in case we need to access a file quickly and one to Amazon Glacier for a permanent back up and storage location.

What do you dislike?

I do not have any dislikes about the software program. Surprisingly, they don't charge significant fees to keep it up to date and even with the small amount they charge for the service, they still provide solid support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The simple recommendation is go for it. The software is well worth the small investment.

Safe and encrypted transmission and storage of my company data.

CloudBerry review by William M.
William M.

"So far so good!"

What do you like best?

I really like the sheer amount of cloud storage solutions I can utilize with this software. I am currently backing up data to a few storage providers, and before CloudBerry, I was having to utilize multiple software titles to get all of my data where it needed to go. With Cloudberry, I can easily create backup schedules that go to different providers from one console! This is great.

Speaking of the console... it's pretty straight forward and easy to use. Setting up backup schedules was a breeze... as is seeing statuses, historical data, and settings.

What do you dislike?

If you want to change a setting of a backup set, you have to step through the whole backup set creation wizard. While you can just click next through the pages you don't have to change, it would be nice to have a list view where you can just edit what you need and hit apply.

Another dislike is the 1TB storage limits that are on the all the CloudBerry versions except Ultimate. If I'm paying $120 for this software, I really think I should be able to back up any amount of data I want. It's not like CloudBerry pays for the storage I am using... it's just a method to get my data to the storage provider.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a full-featured solution with multiple backup types, location options, and security settings... this is your software!

Cloudberry allows me to backup my data to multiple cloud-storage sites with one easy-to-use console. I can also do my local backups to disk. Rolling all of that into one software solution is great and makes monitoring and administrating my backups quick and easy.

CloudBerry review by Andreas B.
Andreas B.

"Great Cloud Backup for private and small-business corp. > from local to cloud"

What do you like best?

With this well designed UI guided configuration it is easy to manage all your backup and restore plans. No clunky PowerShell commands required!

All scenarios (local to cloud, cloud to cloud, cloud to local) are available to click-through your scenario.

All popular and useful cloud storage providers are available - if you don't find in the list your current one, you should think about to move to one of the CloudBerry Backup interfaced storage providers.

What do you dislike?

The free version is limited to 200GB and 1 network share

Recommendations to others considering the product

Install it, test it and enjoiy the easyness of configuration.

Our local NAS with RAID 01 is good, but you sleep better if your data are also on a cloud backup base on well known storage providers.

CloudBerry review by Michael J.
Michael J.

"Some flaws and annoyances but probably the best in its class nonetheless"

What do you like best?

Incredibly flexible in terms of configuration and storage options. It will work with just about any cloud provider that you might need, including Backblaze B2. The interface is pretty good , at least compared to the competition. It's got some quirky elements, but I've been able to figure out how to do most things pretty easily. Basically, if you want to choose your storage provider separately and are looking for a tool to access that storage, that can work with different providers and offers multiple backup sets, it seems like the best choice, at least in this price range.

What do you dislike?

The biggest issue for me is the business model. I'm not thrilled that I need a license for every single machine I want to backup - but the real kicker is that there is a 1TB limit on cloud storage with all the editions except one. This is surprising at first because Cloudberry is not providing the storage! It is a purely arbitrary limitation that has nothing to do with software capabilities. These days, with large media files, 1 TB is not so large. What really bothers me though is that a) you really have to search the website to even find this out - it's not described in the product specs, and b) the only version that goes past 1TB costs $299!!! So $29 for the basic desktop version - but if you want to backup all those movies and music and home videos - the price goes up by 10x.

The progress bars are not very helpful - you can't really see how much is waiting to be backed up and it's difficult to see how much is currently in the backup storage.

Beyond that major issue, I've run into some glitches - but nothing that keeps me from using the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it so far but be aware of the limitations.

I have been using Crashplan for years, under the wonderful Home backup plan with no limit on space and a very generous number of computers. It was a great deal. Crashplan had a lot of flaws, but it worked and it was very affordable. Code 42 has decided to completely abandon consumer market, and their small business product is much too expensive. (As a side note, I'd avoid this company because if they are willing to just drop a lot of dedicated users, there's no reason to think they won't do it again with another product). None of the other backup services felt like a good replacement for crashplan (mostly due to cost or other issues), so I decided to roll my own.

Learn more about CloudBerry Backup

CloudBerry Backup Videos

Learning about CloudBerry Backup?

* We monitor all CloudBerry Backup reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.