What do you like best?
1. Cloudera is one of the distribution platform for HBase/Hadoop.
2. You get the knowledge base of the top Hbase committers
3. Licensing fee is cheap (when compared to Hortonworks)
4. Easier installation
5. Good support teams to respond to your problems
What do you dislike?
1. Focussed mainly on HBase and not on the entire Hadoop ecosystem
2. Not a great support team on Hadoop in general
Recommendations to others considering the product
If you want only HBase, then cloudera is the way to go. But if you are looking at a holistic view of Hadoop and utilizing other projects under Hadoop, then I would recommend Hortonworks because of their larger knowledge base (found it the hard way and now migrating from Cloudera to Hortonworks)
What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?
Building Catalog and Analytics cluster for major retailers where we can provide customizable customer experience to all customers.