CloudReady

CloudReady is an operating system designed to help organizations embrace cloud resources by enabling them to securely control and manage endpoints.

Work for CloudReady?

Learning about CloudReady?

CloudReady Reviews

Showing 6 CloudReady reviews
CloudReady review by User

"Some problems, overall very useful"

What do you like best?

It's great to have a normal PC that is able to turn into a Chromebook for an organization that runs entirely off a drive. It's really convenient to save a file and have it automatically be uploaded to my Google Drive (rather than have to take extra steps like with a normal PC/laptop). The CloudReady technology makes this possible without having to buy entirely new software. As a non-profit, this is very convenient.

What do you dislike?

I have had certain problems with the use of my CloudReady device. For example, the software on the laptop has made it difficult for me to connect to our organization's printer, while other devices, PCs, and laptops have no problem with it (leading me to assume that the CloudReady aspect is the problem). Further, because it's software on a normal PC, I had to manually go through and mark the new keyboard shortcuts - there are pictures on the keys of what the shortcuts used to do, but these no longer apply with the new CloudReady software. This isn't a huge problem, but it's a little annoying. Finally, the software runs a little slow over the network (far slower than the computer that I bring from home to complete work).

It pairs really nicely with an organization that runs off of Google Drive, so that's very convenient. In addition, it's nice when you don't have a lot of external software and are just using Google products (i.e. I edit photos using Google photos, make slideshows with Google Slides, excel sheets with Google Sheets, etc.)

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about CloudReady
CloudReady review by Harden W.
Harden W.

"Ready Cloud!"

What do you like best?

CloudReady will do just that for your company. It gets it ready for the cloud and they make it super easy to do so. Their ease of use and support make them stand out from all the others out there and I highly recommend them to anyone. Most cloud companies have terrible support but I have had great experiences with them. I really cant complain about anything I have done using CloudReady.

What do you dislike?

My only dislike would have to be the price

Recommendations to others considering the product

I cant say enough about this product being so good. Its a great investment and a must have for anyone wanting to move to the cloud. They are at a great price point so it wont break your bank if you decide to use them for your cloud solution.

Moving our data to the cloud

What Operating System solution do you use?

CloudReady review by User

"Great to help coordinate office already on G-Suite products"

What do you like best?

Obviously, it gives PC's the advantage of operating like Chromebooks, which is awesome. Especially since our organization operates almost entirely off of Google products, it's really valuable

What do you dislike?

There have been a few glitches with integrating the computer with the software that we use. For example, it is difficult to connect the new "cloudready" laptop to the printer in our office. Also, sometimes the laptop now runs VERY slowly, and needs to be restarted in order to function normally again. At first, it seemed like one of those things that happens to computers on occasion (where they just run slowly for one reason or another), but over time, it has become clear that it's an ongoing problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great software to use if you're a G-Suite organization! I definitely recommend!

As an organization with limited resources to spend on technology, Cloudready did help us modernize to Chromebooks. Again, it is so helpful to have them when our organization almost entirely operates off of Google products, so it's really valuable to have this technology as an option. It allows us to have products that work better with G-Suite without having to spend the funds to upgrade everyone to actual Chromebooks. Plus, it was easy enough to install to multiple devices and did no require too much effort to incorporate.

CloudReady review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Work Great, When It Works"

What do you like best?

Being able to boot Chromium on a PC/Mac is great - it's lite, responsive, fast.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately, it's not as stable as it could be, and we've experienced problems with updates breaking features that are needed - this is on the stable version, or the beta or dev version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It works well when it's working, but be ready to boot up and experience issues at any time.

Used CloudReady on some old iMacs that were not able to be updated to the newest versions of OSX. When it was working correctly, CloudReady was a wonderful way to bring these machines up to nicely usable machines.

CloudReady review by Terri F.
Terri F.

"A timely way to organize your ideas to utilize at a later time."

What do you like best?

It saves my important information and stores it so l can access it

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I have to repeat my information and it is annoying.

It provides a way for me to save my work in a timely fashion, so l can utilize it in the way in which it is needed.

CloudReady review by User in Restaurants
User in Restaurants

"Clouds"

What do you like best?

I like how they make it easy to save data and hard for hackers to hack

What do you dislike?

nothing except that it is hard to find and that you cant access it with certain modem pages

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep other backups also

Storing data that is not easily stored in normal files and have bigger databases.

Learning about CloudReady?

* We monitor all CloudReady reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.