G2 Crowd Acquires Siftery to Create a New Way to Buy and Manage Software Spend ūüöÄ

Coda

(189 reviews)

Maker of OS X and iOS apps: Coda & Coda for iOS, Transmit & Transmit for iOS, Prompt, Status Board .

Work for Coda?

Learning about Coda?

Coda Reviews

Showing 189 Coda reviews
Coda review by Claudio T.
Claudio T.

"Great multifunctional piece of software, needs an update to stay on top"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Coda in my opinion are its great FTP capabilities and the Panic Sync function, which allows me to keep everything nice and in sync between my various Macs and iPads.

What do you dislike?

Other tools have now better code editors (Sublime Text 3, Microsoft VS Code) with multiple selection, go-to-anything shortcuts etc. and support full app-scope color themes in a better way than Coda. The FTP integration, while truly great, could still use some further advancements (like being able to see the full file upload/download queue, stop/resume it, etc.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Coda may be the only tool you need for creating, editing and maintaining websites. It is mainly a great code editor with a lot of built in features (reference docs for various languages, a full MySQL database editor, (s)FTP abilities, cloud sync among devices, etc.) and you'd be hard pressed to find something that offers all this in a neat package. It is also very mature now and it almost never crashes and can handle everything you can throw at it. Some other tools may be better under this or that specific, but I think nothing beats the Coda 2 package in the features-for-the-price ratio.

Coda has been main work tool for 6 years now, and I can't think about replacing it with anything else. Almost all my work is done with it, and it's stable, fast, intuitive and (did I already mention it?) has a great FTP integration.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Coda
Coda review by Pablo P.
Pablo P.

"The best option for a professional developer"

What do you like best?

Coda is made by developers for Developers. It is very easy to understand the philosophy behind every functionality embedded in the application, and if you are a web developer then you will really appreciate it.

What I like about Coda is to be able to edit code easily in a clean and simple editor, as well as being able to access FTP. Once connected to the server, having my files ready and my design in mind, I'm completely ready. I've been tempted by other applications like Sublime Text, but I always go back to Coda because it has everything I need. It may seem basic, simple and sweet, but it's Perfect.

What do you dislike?

I would appreciate a dark theme for the program since I prefer to work with dark themes, but this is just a preference.

also, Sometimes I would like Coda to have a light version for the desktop, when I just need to edit a file I always turn to a second editor that helps with the load of the computer and the time it takes to make changes so Small.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Coda can be one of your most valuable assets in the developer toolbox, save you time and headaches by using too complex IDEs or any other online Solution.

I am able to create code from scratch with ease, and also edit what others have Done. It also keeps me up to the point of what I do instead of jumping on the Screen. It was great when I was coding more from scratch, and when I came back to that area, I could resume the software Again. Another benefit is that it is not as resource intensive as other programs that I really appreciate.

What Web Design solution do you use?

Coda review by manuel m.
manuel m.

"Best IDE to date"

What do you like best?

Coda is easy and complex at the same time, some of the good capabilities it offers is that you can have a complete list of your full buyers base and make adjustments anywhere and anytime. Coda offers all the equipment to run and maintain an Internet site, which consists in the control of the database.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I would like Coda to have a weight reduction plan version for the computer, when I just want to edit a document, I always turn to a second editor that is simple, which makes it easier to load the computer and the time it takes to make small changes. .

Recommendations to others considering the product

Coda can be one of each of its assets with the maximum value in the Developer Toolbox, it will avoid time and hassle by using too complex IDE or any other online response.

With Coda, you should no longer consider each password for each thing on all the websites I paint. Coda buys everything and is always just a click away.

Coda review by Rodrigo S.
Rodrigo S.

"The best option if you are developer"

What do you like best?

Coda is made by developers for developers. It is very easy to understand the philosophy behind every functionality embedded in the application, and if you are a web developer then you will really appreciate it.

What do you dislike?

The only problems I've encountered seem to happen when I try to edit or delete files as a batch. In addition, the interface for changing server permissions needs to work

Recommendations to others considering the product

Despite being very similar to the other free options that are available, its ease of use and its extensive tools make this program worth the purchase

I am able to create code from scratch with ease, and also edit what others have done. It also keeps me up to the point of what I do instead of jumping on the screen. It was great when I was coding more from scratch, and when I came back to that area, I could resume the software again. Another benefit is that it is not as resource intensive as other programs that I really appreciate

Coda review by María  P.
María P.

"Coda sigue siendo la mejor opción para cualquier desarrollador serio."

What do you like best?

Coda está hecho por desarrolladores para desarrolladores. Es muy fácil entender la filosofía detrás de cada funcionalidad incrustada en la aplicación, y si usted es un desarrollador web entonces realmente lo apreciará.

Lo que m√°s me gusta de Coda es poder editar c√≥digo f√°cilmente en un editor limpio y sencillo, adem√°s de poder tener acceso a FTP. Una vez conectado al servidor, al tener mis archivos listos y mi dise√Īo en mente, estoy completamente listo. He estado tentado otras aplicaciones como Sublime Text, pero siempre vuelvo a Coda porque tiene todo lo que necesito. Puede parecer b√°sico, simple y dulce, pero es perfecto.

What do you dislike?

Los √ļnicos problemas que he encontrado parecen ocurrir cuando intento editar o eliminar archivos como un lote. Adem√°s, la interfaz para cambiar los permisos del servidor necesita funcionar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A pesar de ser muy similar a las dem√°s opciones gratuitas que est√°n disponibles, su facilidad de uso y sus amplias herramientas hacen que este programa vale la pena la compra.

Soy capaz de crear código desde cero con facilidad, y también editar lo que otros han hecho. También me mantiene al tanto de lo que hago en lugar de saltar por la pantalla. Fue genial cuando estaba codificando más desde cero, y al volver a esa área, podría retomar el software de nuevo. Otro beneficio es que no es tan intensivo en recursos como otros programas que realmente aprecio.

Coda review by Paula R.
Paula R.

"Programación simple y eficaz"

What do you like best?

Lo más destacado de Coda es que puedes codificar y ver tus resultados dentro del programa. En la mayoría de los programas de codificación tienes que dejar y mirar tu código en un navegador web y luego presionar la herramienta de inspección para aprender más sobre por qué o qué quieres cambiar. Coda tiene todo esto integrado en una interfaz sencilla.

What do you dislike?

Agradecería un tema oscuro para el programa puesto que prefiero trabajar con temas oscuros, pero esto es solo una preferencia.

Adem√°s, a veces me gustar√≠a que Coda tuviera una versi√≥n light para el escritorio, cuando s√≥lo necesito editar un archivo siempre recurro a un segundo editor que ayuda con la carga del ordenador y el tiempo que toma hacer cambios tan peque√Īos.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Coda puede ser uno de sus activos más valiosos en la caja de herramientas para desarrolladores, le ahorrará tiempo y dolores de cabeza al utilizar IDEs demasiado complejos o cualquier otra solución en línea.

Como describí anteriormente, usar Coda para poder ver los resultados en lugar de refrescar la ventana del navegador te ahorra tiempo al saltar de un lado a otro.

Coda review by Aaron M.
Aaron M.

"Fast, Clean, and Powerful"

What do you like best?

One of the best new features in Coda 2 has to be the Panic Sync. Panic Sync makes it easy to sync your sites, passwords, and private keys to all of your Macs at no extra cost. Coda 2 helps you develop programs in CSS, CSS3, HTML, HTML5, JavaScript and PHP.

What do you dislike?

The first negative i found in Coda 2 that became obvious was that nearly everything takes a click or two more than it did in Coda 1, and all those extra clicks add up. But that's just me nitpicking.

The other issue i have is when you open a site, before any files from it are opened, I’m presented with three panes: the local files, then the local files again, then the remote files. Just take me to the files.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Coda 2 is a great product for any developer, the features out of the box are more than adequate for your needs.

Integrated version control has been greatly improved with the addition of Git to the already present Subversion control. This helps with keeping everything in sync across multiple developers which makes overwriting a thing of the past.

Coda review by Brad R.
Brad R.

"All In One Web Development"

What do you like best?

Being able to update my code and publish to production in one app. Being able to stay in one app for almost all of my web development is a huge timesaver.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there's nothing I dislike about this product. If I had to come up with a complaint, I guess I could say that the syntax highlighting is slowish on huge files, but I'd expect that of any code editor.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it. If you do web development on a Mac, Coda is the tool you should be using.

There are very few good web development code editors out there, but Coda is excellent. It provides nearly perfect syntax highlighting for PHP, HTML, JavaScript, and more. Beyond that, its integrated terminal access, database management, and S/FTP uploading are incredibly useful and save tons of time every single day.

Coda review by Stu M.
Stu M.

"Unique and usable IDE"

What do you like best?

The integrated FTP sidebar and file publishing feature, combined with auto upload on save make editing a site on an external server seamless.

The search feature is also very powerful, the results are displayed really well and it makes finding code across an entire site very fast and intuitive.

If you're working on a static website (i.e. HTML?CSS), the live preview is excellent. You can even inspect it like you can in Safari/Chrome etc, which brings you entire editing workflow into one place. You might want a decent size screen though.

Split screen editing is excellent in Coda, you can have different files side by side or even the same file (e.g. you might want to see the top of your file where you might have variable listed for instance while you work on a function further down).

What do you dislike?

I sometimes get a bit lost when moving around the local file system in the sidebar - you can browse anywhere on your system in the sidebar rather than just the directory assigned to the site, which I think is where it gets a bit messy.

A coding platform we can use among a team of front-end developers who prefer a modern UI compared to apps like TextWrangler, and without having to buy Adobe CC licenses for Dreamweaver.

Coda review by Matthew M.
Matthew M.

"Clean Coding"

What do you like best?

The Best featured in coda I like is that you can code and view your results all inside the program. Most coding programs you have to leave and look at your code in a web browser and then press the inspect tool to learn more on why or what your want to change. Coda has this all built in to one simple interface. Code then press another tab to view your results where you then have the ability to inspect and see the console.

What do you dislike?

I could be missing something but I like a darker theme interface to code. This is just a personal preference

Recommendations to others considering the product

Overall Coding Platforms are Preferences but it does have a lot of features.

As I described earlier using Coda to be able to view the results instead of refreshing the browser window saves you time from jumping back and forth.

Coda review by Patricia Z.
Patricia Z.

" One of the best software for web developments"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to use and the ability to use plugins and themes make work so much easier and for the price, you can't beat it.

What do you dislike?

There is not much negative to say about Coda. Over the years Coda has expanded and improved and only continues to do so over time. If I had to choose a con it would be that it does not have more tools or features, but to me that is what I like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Coda is an option for experienced developers if you do not want to use much more complex software for cloud developments

I am a front-end developer and I have been using coda for about 2 years now. There are many different kinds of coding software that do a lot of different things. For me, Coda does what it does well with no bloat. The plugins allow me to keep my code clean.

Coda review by Just Sevilla .
Just Sevilla .

"Editor de texto ligero y f√°cil de usar"

What do you like best?

Al igual que el control del sitio y las funciones de publicación de automóviles, hace que el código sea más rápido. Me encanta la capacidad de escribir código suave y bien formateado con un práctico vehículo completo y incorporado en la publicación de FTP. Lo que disfruto de Coda es la organización de tareas dentro del tablero de instrumentos y dentro de cada misión. Esta aplicación lo tiene todo en relación con el disfrutar de la codificación

What do you dislike?

Probablemente, mucho menos conciencia sobre marketing Se adapta a mis propósitos, no diría que siempre hay algo que no me gusta. Es un poco caro. Cosas simples como los lugares de marcadores en su código parecen ser hacks

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bien vale la pena el financiamiento. Ya no lo uso, sin embargo, es una regi√≥n excelente para comenzar en caso de que usted sea una persona de front-end. Ayudarme a entrenar a mis compa√Īeros de trabajo La codificaci√≥n de Coda demuestra ser extremadamente beneficiosa para los desarrolladores de Internet que trabajan en OS X Coda: un dispositivo espl√©ndido que reemplaza una serie de otros equipos con los que deber√≠a estar conectado uno tras otro.

Me he beneficiado al poder escribir el c√≥digo Coda compra todo y siempre est√° a un clic de distancia. Ayud√°ndome a entrenar a mis compa√Īeros de trabajo Codificaci√≥n Codificaci√≥n en un entorno de equipo mientras uso SVN para implementaciones y evaluaciones Soy un desarrollador web y trabajo en numerosos proyectos distintivos a la vez

Coda review by Javier E.
Javier E.

"All in One solution to software development"

What do you like best?

Coda is both simple and complex at the same time, some of the best features it provides is that you can have a full listing of your entire customer base and make changes anywhere and at any time. Coda provides all the tools to run and maintain a website, including database management.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I wish that Coda had a diet version for the desktop, when I just need to edit a file I always resort to a second editor that is bare bones which helps with computer load and the time it takes to make such small changes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Coda can be one of your most valued asset in the developer toolbox, it will save you time and headaches from using overly complex IDEs or any other online solution.

With Coda, I no longer have to remember every password for every aspect on all the websites I work on. Coda stores everything and it's always a click away.

Coda review by Jorge R.
Jorge R.

"the best if your are a developer"

What do you like best?

Coda is simple and complex in the meantime, a portion of the great abilities it offers is that you can have a total rundown of your full purchasers base and make alterations anyplace and whenever. Coda offers all the hardware to run and keep up an Internet website, which comprises in the control of the database.

What do you dislike?

In some cases I might want Coda to have a weight decrease plan form for the PC, when I simply need to alter a report, I generally swing to a second proofreader that is basic, which makes it simpler to stack the PC and the time it takes to roll out little improvements. .

Recommendations to others considering the product

Coda can be one of every one of its advantages with the most extreme incentive in the Developer Toolbox, it will maintain a strategic distance from time and bother by utilizing excessively complex IDE or some other online reaction.

With Coda, you should never again consider every secret key for every thing on every one of the sites I paint. Coda purchases everything and is in every case only a tick away.

Coda review by Kennard L.
Kennard L.

"Coda is the best!"

What do you like best?

The visualization of the code is just right. Coda makes it easy to insert HTML and CSS tags. It is also very lightweight in terms of CPU usage. Coda is definitely the best HTML editor for Mac, trust me Ive tried a lot!

What do you dislike?

The program tends to crash sometimes when multiple files are open. When that happens, you lose all of your latest revisions to the code, so be sure to save FREQUENTLY.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your research. See what else is out there before you decide on an HTML editor. I guarantee you'll come back to Coda.

Coda makes simple HTML tasks easy without the bloatedness that is Adobe Dreamweaver. The UI keeps it simple and it helps us reach our deadlines in time. What a great product. I am a huge fan.

Coda review by Federico L.
Federico L.

"Todo en uno para el desarrollo de software"

What do you like best?

Coda es f√°cil y complejo al mismo tiempo, algunas de las buenas capacidades que ofrece es que puede tener una lista completa de su base de compradores completa y hacer ajustes en cualquier lugar y en cualquier momento. Coda ofrece todo el equipo para ejecutar y mantener un sitio de Internet, que consiste en el control de la base de datos.

What do you dislike?

A veces me gustar√≠a que Coda tuviera una versi√≥n de plan de reducci√≥n de peso para la computadora, cuando solo quiero editar un documento, siempre recurro a un segundo editor que es simple, lo que facilita la carga de la computadora y el tiempo que toma hacer peque√Īos cambios. .

Recommendations to others considering the product

Coda puede ser uno de cada uno de sus activos con el valor máximo en la caja de herramientas del desarrollador, evitará tiempo y complicaciones al usar IDE demasiado complejos o cualquier otra respuesta en línea.

Con Coda, ya no deber√≠a tener en cuenta cada contrase√Īa para cada cosa en todos los sitios web en los que pinto. Coda compra todo y siempre est√° a un clic de distancia.

Coda review by User in Architecture & Planning
User in Architecture & Planning

"All-in-one for visual designers"

What do you like best?

Coda is an all-in-one product that allows you to code, ftp and view your website all in the same place. I love seeing changes in real-time and the ease of use.

What do you dislike?

It seems clunky at times. I wish there were ways to customize the tools even more. Especially when it comes to the web inspector. I don't need to see the console information and some of the other things but cannot remove them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

More customization and tutorials

Using Coda streamlines the process of web design by allowing visually oriented designers to see the changes immediately. Until I found Coda, I used sublime text, which is a great editor. Now I don't have to jump from one program to the next to code, ftp, and visualize.

Coda review by Jafet Juan D.
Jafet Juan D.

"Incuestionable software excepcional para codificadores difíciles"

What do you like best?

Coda es mi programa de software de codificaci√≥n de visitas con acceso FTP incluido y una interfaz simplista para el consumidor. No se ha bloqueado ni una vez y la funci√≥n de pesta√Īas es incre√≠ble. Coda actualiza constantemente su programa de software y garantiza que todo se ejecute f√°cilmente en todo momento. Coda gestiona grandes cargas masivas con grandeza y de ninguna manera tiene problemas, puedo agregar un sitio web completo sin problemas en ning√ļn aspecto.

What do you dislike?

A veces, aunque quiera salir de un inicio de sesi√≥n, se bloquear√° y se mantendr√°, sin embargo, esa es una prevalencia sin precedentes y solo mientras haya algo de inter√©s dentro de la carga adicional o desactualizada.¬†La descarga de documentos desde el servidor puede hacer que mi Coda se bloquee de vez en cuando, no estoy muy seguro si eso es una dificultad con mi versi√≥n o sistema operativo, pero en ocasiones puede colapsar y moverse extremadamente lento.¬†Adem√°s de este peque√Īo problema, no tengo ning√ļn disgusto sobre el programa de software. Siempre ha sido suave.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Si est√° buscando una interfaz de usuario simplista, facilidad de uso y confiabilidad, la apariencia no es similar a la de Coda.

Las ventajas de Coda son sobresalientes. Con este programa de software, podemos controlar a todos nuestros clientes a continuación en el techo. Coda organiza bien cada inicio de sesión de FTP y guarda toda la información y los currículos en los que la dejó. Coda es el programa de software más práctico que he usado después de probar muchas estructuras diferentes. Atrás quedaron los días de Dreamweaver y de la nueva ola, Coda.

Coda review by Fermin T.
Fermin T.

"Incuestionablemente, software de primera clase para codificadores difíciles"

What do you like best?

Coda es mi programa de software de codificaci√≥n con FTP incorporado, obtenga el derecho de entrada y la interfaz de usuario simplista. No se ha colgado tan pronto como se esperaba y la funci√≥n de pesta√Īas es excepcional. Coda actualiza continuamente su programa de software y se asegura de que todo funcione sin problemas en todo momento. Coda gestiona grandes cargas masivas con grandeza y nunca tiene problemas, puedo agregar toda una p√°gina web sin problemas en ning√ļn aspecto.

What do you dislike?

A veces, cuando desea salir de un inicio de sesi√≥n se bloquear√° y mantendr√°, sin embargo, esa es una prevalencia extraordinaria y solo mientras haya algo de inter√©s dentro de la carga o descarga.¬†La descarga de archivos desde el servidor puede hacer que mi Coda se cuelgue de vez en cuando, ahora no soy muy positivo si esto es un problema con mi modelo o sistema operativo pero ocasionalmente podr√≠a colapsar y ser extremadamente lento.¬†Adem√°s de este peque√Īo problema, no tengo disgustos similares sobre el software. Por lo general, ha sido f√°cil.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Si est√° buscando una interfaz de usuario simplista, facilidad de uso y confiabilidad, no busque m√°s, Coda.

Las ventajas de Coda son de primer nivel. Con este software, podemos manipular bajo techo a todos nuestros clientes. Coda organiza bien todos los inicios de sesi√≥n de FTP y guarda toda la informaci√≥n, y se reanuda donde la dej√≥.¬†Coda es el programa de software m√°s efectivo que he usado despu√©s de visitar muchas plataformas √ļnicas. Atr√°s quedaron los tiempos de Dreamweaver y de la nueva ola, Coda.

Coda review by Lauren S.
Lauren S.

"Great coding software for a dilettante coder ;)"

What do you like best?

I love that it auto-closes your html tags. As in if you're writing a <p> and then start typing </, it will detect you need to close the <p> tag. I'm sure that's a standard feature on many programs, but I find it convenient. I like how easy it is to set up the login for the FTP for a site to code remotely. I am not a coder but know a few things from my years in SEO. I find this perfectly sufficient for basic html edits and tweaks!

Very fast to upload changes since, easy keyboard shortcuts.

Also the capability to add Plug-Ins for extra features.

What do you dislike?

I can't say there's anything I really dislike about it. It suits my purposes. It's updated every now and then. It's fast to use, doesn't lag or crash ever.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For a one-time license fee of $99, I find this to be a very easy to use, fast and efficient coding program. It's great for basic html changes and so it. You can customize the look if you want black background or white, etc. It gets the job done and is the coding software I learned basic coding on.

Coda allows me to edit sites using FTP for various clients. Clean interface, fast, easy to use. It helps me quickly make html changes to sites and immediately push live.

Coda review by Claudio T.
Claudio T.

"Most of what a web designer needs in a solid package"

What do you like best?

Coda is a powerful tool for web engineers: it has solid syntax highlighting, code snippets with placeholders, suggestions and language references built in, a fully featured FTP client with automatic uploading of modified files, and a lot more features that should be tried to fully understand their potential. I also love the Panic Sync feature, so I get all my websites login also on my iPad, for when I need to fix something on the go.

What do you dislike?

I use it every day and I'm really happy with its features; if it had also a "file diff" feature and the full Sequel Pro built in for managing MySQL databases (instead of the cut-down version it has now) I could ditch two external tools I still use along with it. Another thing one could hope for is a separate panel for managing in detail FTP uploads/downloads.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a powerful IDE for coding websites with a lot of useful features, Coda is a solid choice.

Coda has fulfilled my needs in coding websites and web applications in a powerful and solid way. I can rely on it in my daily work and ‚ÄĒ¬†to date ‚ÄĒ¬†I would not change it for any other program.

Coda review by Emer K.
Emer K.

"Great program for ftp access, and coding"

What do you like best?

I like that it has both coding and ftp access in one program. You can save your sites, and access them with one click, and uploading files via ftp is a breeze. The interface is nice and simple.

What do you dislike?

If you have your ftp connection open while coding, it's easy to accidentally make a change to the live site when you wanted to preview it on your local first instead. It would be handy if the interface was a different color when your in a local file vs. remote.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great little application. I use to when I need to make quick updates and suchlike. I still use a more dedicated coding application like Sublime or Atom when I'm working on a larger project.

I tend to have a lot of programs open at any one time, and it can slow my computer down. I like that I can code, and upload with Coda, so I don't need to have a second app like Sublime open at the same time.

Coda review by Tyler H.
Tyler H.

"Decent but could be better"

What do you like best?

It has a pretty simple look and feel. It isn't duanting to get up and running.

What do you dislike?

The UX isn't very good. Simple things like bookmarking places in your code seem like hacks. Also it crashes periodically so you need to save a lot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have tried a lot of code editors and keep coming back to coda. I'm not in love with it and think it could be way better but I generally think that about all the code editors on the market. Coda doesn't seem to be on the cutting edge, and I return to it mostfully out of comfort.

front end development

Coda review by Linda P.
Linda P.

"Best editor"

What do you like best?

Gorgeous code editor that can make editing code... fun once again!

A few of my favorite functions of Coda include: Sync, Instant Preview and Git Control. Of course most of these features are wrapped upward into a beautiful USER INTERFACE which fits nicely inside the MacOS ecosystem.

The particular instant preview feature enables you to view almost all of your code modifications live, right from inside the editor, no browser relaxing!

What do you dislike?

In case you have your ftp connection open up while coding, it's easy to accidentally make a change to the live site when you desired to preview it on the local first instead. It would be useful if the interface was a different color when your in a local file vs. remote control.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Coda is still the speediest text editor I've used and can handle large files a lot better than most. Almost all of us keep it for times we need to modify large data files, so keep that in thoughts when analyzing it.

I will be able to create computer code from the beginning up with relieve, and also edit program code others have written. This also keeps me perfected in n what I am doing as opposed to jumping around the window. This was great when We was coding more from the ground up, and if I went back again into that area We would pick up the software again. Another advantage is that it is less resource intensive as other programs which We really appreciate.

Coda review by Austin T.
Austin T.

"All in One Coding Experience"

What do you like best?

This app has it all when it comes to the coding experience. Before, I used to need three seperate apps to (1) Code (2) Transfer files via FTP, and (3) Use Terminal. But now I can do it all right within Coda!

What do you dislike?

File navigation is a little wonky. Its somewhat difficult dealing with multiple files. This app could benefit from split view to view files side by side. You typically have to deal with one file at a time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you hate using multiple apps for ftp, terminal and text editing, Coda is your all in one solution!

Front End Development, Updating sites, Transferring files. The ability to do this all in one app is great!

Coda review by Bruno C.
Bruno C.

"Lightweight & Easy to Use Text Editor "

What do you like best?

Coda has been my go-to text editor for years now. In fact, the product is so good that I still haven't upgraded to Coda2. The software itself takes up very little space on my hard drive. It always loads quickly and has never given me any problems. Even when I bought a new MacBook and had to move my entire development environment over.. it was a breeze & I was back up and running in no time.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I don't like at the moment is the fact that I can't seem to find any of the themes that I used to use. I had previously installed a dark theme that was very easy on the eyes for "night coding", and I just can't find it anywhere. Well, one more thing I don't like is the upgrade price for Coda2. I think existing long-time users such as myself should be entitled to a 50% discount or something similar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot, I think you'll love it!

I use Coda for developing websites. It is my go-to text editor for all things HTML, CSS, & PHP. I also love that (S)FTP is built right in by default.

Coda review by Patric H.
Patric H.

"Coda is a Top-notch Code Editor for Mac Users"

What do you like best?

Beautiful code editor that makes editing code...fun again!

Some of my favorite features of Coda 2.5 include: Sync, Instant Preview and Git Control. Of course all of these features are wrapped up into a beautiful UI which fits nicely within the MacOS ecosystem.

The instant preview feature allows you to view all of your code changes live, right from within the editor, no browser refreshing!

What do you dislike?

The lack of plugins, i.e. extensibility.

While Coda does support plugins and has quite a few plugins that are freely available to their users, your options will be limited. They simply don't have the user base of some other code editors, namely SublimeText and Atom, and due to this, you won't find the same level of plugins within Coda as you do those others.

Also, lack of updates...seriously, a $100 code editor should be seeing regular updates! Many of the open source editors are seeing regular updates, new plugins and more very frequently, I expect a premium product to do the same.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are working with the latest and greatest frameworks/languages, I would recommend looking elsewhere. However, if you are a front-end developer and need a reliable work horse, Coda may be just right for you.

As a freelance designer, I often find myself in a situation where building out some of my designs is a requirement. Although this is often my least favorite aspect, and I am not much of a coder, it has to be done and to do so, I need a reliable code editor.

Coda was my true love for quite some time, however, as my process changes, Coda did not move along with me and I have since had to change to another editor.

Coda review by Ryan C.
Ryan C.

"Hands down best software for hard-coders"

What do you like best?

Coda is my go to coding software with integrated FTP access and simplistic user interface. It hasn't once crashed and the tabs function is fantastic. Coda constantly updates their software and make sure everything is running smoothly at all times. Coda manages big bulk uploads with greatness and never has issues, I can upload an entire site with no problems whatsoever.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when you want to come out of a login it will crash and hold, but this is a rare occurrence and only when there is some activity going on in the upload or download.

Downloading files from the server can sometimes cause my Coda to crash, I'm not too sure if this is an issue with my version or OS but sometimes it can crash and go extremely slow.

Besides this small issue I have no further dislikes about the software. It has always been smooth.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a simplistic UI, ease of use and reliability, look no further than Coda.

The benefits of Coda are great. With this software we can manage all of our clients under on roof. Coda neatly organises each FTP login and saves all the details, and resumes where you left off.

Coda is the only software I have used after testing many different platforms. Gone are the days of Dreamweaver and hello to new wave, Coda.

Coda review by User

"Perfect code app for mac"

What do you like best?

It is a light but very powerful application, I use it for web development and modifying templates, it's great, and the integration with the FTP client is great for editing. It also has an iOS application that allows me to do quick code reviews without using the Mac.The different themes that you have to personalize the code allow me to be comfortable, it's great to be able to write code on a black background.

What do you dislike?

It is not so friendly in the graphic section to edit templates, but nothing to worry about, if it had a graphical interface that accompanies the code it would be a killer-app

Sometimes I earn a few dollars setting up websites, coda allows me to edit the code of payment templates to adapt them to my projects easily.

Coda review by User in Computer Software

"Best editor for iOS"

What do you like best?

I love how I'm able to code on the go. Sometimes I may be out and away from my computer and I will get an email which will say something on my site is broken or not working. I can easily go into the Coda app and find the problem and fix it. I can also create new features from anywhere, either while I'm waiting for someone or something or if I'm just bored and want to use my phone to code. It's all possible with Coda. I also love the design of Coda for Mac and iOS. It looks very modern and sleek and it works seamlessly which is definitely a plus!

What do you dislike?

I wish I can import my private keys using Dropbox. It would make it a lost easier for me to add new sites and login. I also wish the icons were more understandable in the app. The icons look sleek and cool but it doesn't really describe well what it does if I click on it. For example, the "Going back a directory" or "going back to all my files" icon/button.

We're able to solve problems by solving problems on our website. We're able to code on the go and fix changes for our users as soon as possible. Being able to work/code from anywhere is great!

Coda review by Chris D.
Chris D.

"Best Coding Software"

What do you like best?

I spent a lot of my career frustrated with Dreamweaver. Coda2 is like Dreamweaver unlocked. The ability to work with servers, syntax colors, preferences, is so much easier in Coda2. Pair it with any of Panic's other products and you have streamlined your production.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything about Coda2. I have never had any issues and they update the software often.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Coda2 seriously made my job so much easier. I love the sleek interface and that it's super easy to customize to your liking. You can also transfer your preferences to other machines with ease which is a must for someone who sometimes moves from desktop to laptop and vice-versa.

I really wanted ti streamline prototyping and Coda2 allowed me to organize myself in a much easier way. Now I have all of my server access in one program and I don't have to worry about going in between multiple programs to do my programming and FTP.

Coda review by Shiloe F.
Shiloe F.

"Coda is a code editing program made for hand-coders"

What do you like best?

It is a clean, efficient piece of software that does exactly what it needs to; it allows you to edit and create code from scratch and displays it beautifully. Plus, you can preview! Visually, the software is gorgeous, which is something that I just like because its nice when your software is both beautiful and functional.

What do you dislike?

My biggest issue is an issue that I have with a lot of editors and that is integration with CMSs. It is a bit better than Dreamweaver but I wish that there was more fluidity there between it and the CMS. Another issue that correlates along with that is that if PHP snippets were validated; that would help a lot when coding for CMS systems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think its a much better code editor than most out there. I know many designers stick with Dreamweaver because they have the suite already installed but I think that this is cleaner and quicker to use. It is not difficult to pick up, especially if you have been hand coding for some time, but there are snippets to help you along as you get better or more comfortable with coding.

I am able to create code from the ground up with ease, and also edit code others have written. It also keeps me honed in n what I'm doing as opposed to jumping around the window. It was great when I was coding more from the ground up, and if I went back into that area I would pick up the software again. Another benefit is that it is not as resource intensive as other programs which I really appreciate.

Coda review by Rafael V.
Rafael V.

"Really nice way to code on Mac"

What do you like best?

Crea tu código viendo en directo cómo queda el resultado sin salir de la aplicación

What do you dislike?

The functionality of watching live on iOS devices through your application does not always work as it should

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want an application with an attractive design, easy to customize for programming, with a native preview and live code that you write, Coda is without a doubt a good option.

Normalmente lo utilizo para programar con lenguajes sencillos, especialmente HTML+CSS y PHP, para lo que sus funcionalidades son muy cómodas.

Coda review by User in Media Production
User in Media Production

"Familar Mac Interface always top quality"

What do you like best?

I like the familiar interface and ease of use switching to command line. I use text based editing rather than bulky tools like Dreamweaver that add unnecessary complexity and/or code. (personal choice of course). Having it all integrated with ssh, sftp makes for a clean and straightforward workflow.

What do you dislike?

Considering how long this product has been around and how many long time users and developers consider it their first choice, I'd like a lot more options for plugins and easier to implement code snippets and base structures for common starting points of particular types of projects. There are some but some things are weirdly missing like how about a basic web page including html, header, body and closing tags?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Coda is not the best at any one thing but is a good single app that incorporates the necessary features and as a long time Mac user you'll feel comfortable with it immediately. It is not one of these products that is hyperactive with updates and new features so if that is what you want, this probably isn't for you. It is more of an "Ole Reliable"

easy to use IDE with the basic tools to implement local and remote code projects in one interface. Cumulative time saver to have the basic tools together.

Coda review by User

"So helpful for coders!"

What do you like best?

It's a clean simple interface that helps you quickly write and organize your code without adding extra junk that gets in your way. It's like a text editor on steroids with helpful editing and auto complete without the bloat of a WYSIWYG. One handy feature I really like is being able to edit files right on the web server instead of downloading a local copy first, editing, and then uploading it back to the server. It's just one of the small little things that saves time.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any complaints. I've been using it for over 5 years and haven't had any issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a programmer that likes to work with code Coda is a streamlined tool that will help you accomplish that. If you are more comfortable with a graphical interface that writes code for you this is not for you. But if you're a coder Coda is amazing!

Coda has been an awesome help with web programming. I switched from Dreamweaver several years ago and I have never regretted it.

Coda review by User in Computer Software

"A really fun, well designed code editing experience"

What do you like best?

I love the layout and flexibility of Coda. The way which I can visually access my projects, use custom plugins, and do live previewing from within Coda makes this one of my go-to tools when doing web development.

What do you dislike?

The same way that Coda has an insanely robust toolbox, it can get to be a bit burdensome. When I just need to sit and code without distractions, I find that I tinker with settings within Coda instead of focus solely on the code.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a visually stunning experience with more tools, features, and plugins than you know what to do with, Coda is a tool for you. I cannot stress enough how valuable the live preview from within Coda is.

Th best business problem I have solved using code is the ability to do live previewing without having to switch between a code editor and web browser. My edits show up live, and I am able to validate what I am doing immediately.

Coda review by Collin B.
Collin B.

"Fantastic text editor"

What do you like best?

The ability to save and group sites is the best thing this text editor does. I haven't run into a text editor that makes it so easy to swtich between SFTP. The built in terminal is also extremely handy now that i do a lot of terminal based workflow

What do you dislike?

The plugins can be fantastic, but are very limited.The site for installing new coda plugins is also very buggy at times.

the ability to share text documents and intertwine git made working as a team fantastic. No longer were we cowboy coding or using a billion windows to get work done.

Coda review by Ryan K.
Ryan K.

"Simple tool to manage multiple websites"

What do you like best?

This tool allows me to manage multiple sites without having to manually detect changes. It auto syncs files from my local computer to the server so I know what's changed and can quickly publish changes.

What do you dislike?

The program sometimes crashes mid upload then I have to start the entire process over. Another issue is that unless you have the program open when you make changes, it doesn't always detect differences in local and live server.

It allows me to manage multiple sites and quickly make updates to sites without having to browse my system.

Coda review by Brandon Z.
Brandon Z.

"Great code editor with built in FTP"

What do you like best?

Coda is a solid code editor. It's reliable and almost never crashes or freezes. It's also excellent if you have many sites you need to FTP into.

What do you dislike?

Somewhat limited on features. Not a lot of new features/development going on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Coda might be the right choice for you depending on your needs/requirements. Just give the trial a go and see if it's what you're looking for.

Coda is missing some code editing features like multiple cursors, but it also has a lot of great features such as viewing documents side by side or on top of each other, robust searching through whole projects (if you have a local copy, not FTP), and a really nice wild card search feature.

Manage access to lots of websites (ftp).

Coda review by Peter B.
Peter B.

"Excellent code editor for Mac"

What do you like best?

One of the best features of Coda is the ability to have your preview window open at the same time as your code. Being able to see all of the changes you make, as you make them in a window is fantastic and really helps you to get everything pixel perfect.

What do you dislike?

There are however a few annoying bugs with the software... one of the worst ones is how the live preview of your code doesn't like dealing with Javascript files. There have been a number of times where the preview has cached an older version of the script and I've spent a long time trying to figure out why this is happening, only to realise that it's being cached.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's one of my favourite code editors and aside from a couple of minor bugs it's perfect!

Working as a front-end designer/developer on mac in an institution that has a majority of people using PCs comes with it's challenges. One of the biggest ones was taking a step away from Dreamweaver and using something a little better and mac based for my coding. I bought the license for Coda with my own money because I felt it represented the best code editing options and features for a mac based piece of software.

Coda review by Christopher F.
Christopher F.

"Mac-only text editor with file management extras. Needs to support modern development workflow."

What do you like best?

Coda is a fast, memory efficient text editor targeted toward web developers that provides some excellent project management tools like integrated CVS status, file uploading, and project-wide search. Code completion is good and syntax highlighting for older files is excellent. It's one of the fastest editors on the market and can handle very large files well.

What do you dislike?

Coda was created in a time before Node, NPM, Gulp, and all of the other tools that have become an essential part of the modern coding toolchain. While Coda works fine for simple websites, it feels a bit long-in-the-tooth when attempting to use newer technologies like ES6, React, PostCSS, etc. Syntax highlighting for newer technologies is often broken or missing altogether, and file publishing seems less useful in the age of Git project management and Docker deployment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Coda is still the fastest text editor I've used and can handle large files better than most. We keep it for times we need to edit large data files, so keep that in mind when evaluating it.

We build tools for the web: WordPress plugins and themes, React applications, and online game experiences. Using Coda across our organization allowed us to have a consistent approach to code style and allowed us to quickly test code changes on remote machines. As we moved away from "cowboy coding" we ended up needing the tools Coda provides.

Coda review by Chelsea C.
Chelsea C.

"Love it!"

What do you like best?

I've been using this program for years when developing websites and I love it. I especially love that I can FTP directly within the program. Makes things a lot quicker.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the tooltip gets in the way and I cannot figure out how to turn it off.

Needing to have a text editor and an FTP program open at the same time is a hassle. I can save changes to my code automatically.

Coda review by Luis Oscar C.
Luis Oscar C.

"Is the best code editor I've found and the only one I use."

What do you like best?

It's so intuitive; clean interface. Everything in one spot. I like the convenience of having a code editor that has it all. The validation and autocomplete is expected and included. The device syncing is great, preview in iPad is amazing! I also like that it can store and trigger snippets of code with just a few characters and boom you have the code. Terminal access, MySQL terminal, plugins, reference books just makes it even better.

What do you dislike?

¬ŅWhere are the updates? This application stopped updating for a looooong time. Still version 2! I think it has been abandoned in the dust. What a shame it's so good! I prefer of the early version of Coda that it had big buttons for the Terminal and reference books. I would prefer that they add in the reference book section a book or video course of mastering Coda. There's nothing like taking full advantage of the software. I've been using Coda for years and I have to say I've been too busy to learn it well; all it's commands, shortcuts, best plugins, and functions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you still need WYSIWG then it's not for you. If you have mastered coding then you can move to Coda. There have been new code editors competing with Coda that have an even simpler interface but are also very advanced like Sublime Text, Atom, Brackets. Try all of them and keep the one works best for you.

It's the only code editor I use in my business. Yet I've been to busy to try the new code editors but I want to try them because Coda doesn't bring new updates. It helps me work faster because it's not so busy as Dreamweaver. I started coding with WYSIWYGs (Dreamweaver) but when I mastered coding WYSIWYGs are a distraction and you stop improving. I've been using Coda for years since they launched this app and I'm still a happy Coda user.

Coda review by Oscar José M.
Oscar José M.

"It's worth it fully"

What do you like best?

He has managed to combine the beauty and usability of design with the power of a great editor. The program allows us to create websites, manage them via FTP and even connect to a local or remote database. All the interface is very careful and fits perfectly into the whole environment. Everything we need is visible, and if we want more options we can also obtain them very quickly and easily.

What do you dislike?

cost of the license, is not compatible with other operating systems, only mac.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Optimize your time and improve your experience in internet design and development using coda

development of web text to make our company known.

Management of HTML, XHTML, CSS, Javascript, Java, Perl, Python, Ruby and SQL languages.

Coda review by User in Higher Education

"Easy App for Coding"

What do you like best?

Coda is an easy to use app for website coding. One of my favorite parts is its intuitive code system that automatically closes tags.

What do you dislike?

Coda's interface can occasionally be frustrating when navigating through multiple pages. It's pretty basic, nothing too elaborate - doesn't need to be a "pretty" app by any means, but could be updated visually.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good if you have a primary user, but someone else who can code (or at least learn some basics) who needs easy access to website editing and file uploads.

I am able to quickly edit simple website changes without having to wait for our web administrator/IT director. It is easy enough that someone whose primarily responsibility but still knows code can use.

Coda review by Bruce A.
Bruce A.

"Best rapid web development tool for macOS"

What do you like best?

Coda is the perfect tool for website development. It's a native macOS development tool with built in file sync (via FTP/SFTP) and syntax highlighting for all webish formats. Coda is especially productive for prototyping and maintaining projects that can be installed via sync. The built in preview makes JS and LESS/SASS work even more productive than most standard text editors.

What do you dislike?

Coda isn't suited for every type of web project, like huge projects with complex installation methods.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Coda fits a special niche in web development tools: rapid prototyping and development of smallish web things.

I've used Coda to prototype and ship hundreds of smaller projects. It made this class of project much quicker to launch.

Coda review by Marshall O.
Marshall O.

"All in one website coding solution"

What do you like best?

Edit and sync files with remote in one easy place, run terminal commands, even version control support. Tons of additional syntax modes with add-ons, powerful added functionality with plugins (for example as sass compiler).

What do you dislike?

Sync and site indexing tends to brake often with larger sites and lots of files. For example you run 'npm install' in the included terminal before excluding your node_modules folder from publishing often when you go to clear those several thousands of files it will freeze and not clear them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great application with tons of public extensions to power up your workflow.

Dreamweaver is extremely bloated and writes bad code automatically. It's slow to load and difficult to setup sites.

Coda is a exceedingly better all-in-one solution!

Coda review by Dave Y.
Dave Y.

"Coda was the app that lured me away from WYSIWYG editors and I've never looked back"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to write clean, well-formatted code with handy auto-complete and built in FTP publishing.

What do you dislike?

It would be handy to have a local/remote feature that makes sure you're not overwriting anything that may have been updated on the server prior to hitting publish on the local side of things.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is my favorite text editor for Mac. Having quick access to all my sites via FTP is fantastic. Well worth the investment. Also, the number of add-ons and extensions that are available pretty much make Coda a no-brainer. It is one of my favorite Mac apps.

I am primarily editing PHP and SASS/CSS files for WordPress websites. It is where I spend most of my time during the workday

Coda review by Stephen G.
Stephen G.

"Coda is a fantastic app!"

What do you like best?

Coda is like text edit on the Mac, it's extremely light - gets to the core of what I'm after for a code editor. But then under the hood, it's very feature rich and updates frequently with all sorts of additional compatibility and additional features. It's my absolute go-to for web development. Beautiful, minimal feel.

What do you dislike?

I don't use Live Preview much, as I'm typically reviewing in real browsers on real devices as well as using Adobe Edge Inspect on multiple mobile devices to preview. I also use Transmit as my FTP app, so while FTP is built into Coda, I really don't make use of it - I'd rather have separate apps do what they're great at.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, it's great.

I'm coding JavaScript, PHP, HTML, CSS, SCSS and Coda's formatting keeps it simple, easy to see where I'm at. I find that because the UI layout of the app is very minimalistic, it doesn't take up a lot of unnecessary space, allowing me to pay close attention to both my browser and code editor at the same time. As opposed to having all sorts of additional non-hidden menus always in view like other development apps have, making you have to switch between browser and code view.

Coda review by User in Internet

"Develop and manage web projects with ease"

What do you like best?

Coda allows us to quickly develop and maintain complex websites and web applications. Not only we use it to maintain project files (via SFTP, SSH ...) but this is also our favorite code text editor (Javascript, Html, Css, Php, etc ...). It also has a Source control feature which is very useful.

What do you dislike?

The time between each new release ... sometimes it looks like the software is not maintained anymore; which gives a bad image of their company.

That's a shame because they are great guys and very smart developers ... probably less focus on marketing. But as the software works like a breeze, why bother ;)

Developing and maitenaing websites and web apps.

Learning about Coda?

* We monitor all Coda reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.