Coda

Maker of OS X and iOS apps: Coda & Coda for iOS, Transmit & Transmit for iOS, Prompt, Status Board .

Work for Coda?

Learning about Coda?

Coda Reviews

Showing 151 Coda reviews
Coda review by <span>Stu M.</span>
Stu M.

Unique and usable IDE

Validated Review
What do you like best?

The integrated FTP sidebar and file publishing feature, combined with auto upload on save make editing a site on an external server seamless.

The search feature is also very powerful, the results are displayed really well and it makes finding code across an entire site very fast and intuitive.

If you're working on a static website (i.e. HTML?CSS), the live preview is excellent. You can even inspect it like you can in Safari/Chrome etc, which brings you entire editing workflow into one place. You might want a decent size screen though.

Split screen editing is excellent in Coda, you can have different files side by side or even the same file (e.g. you might want to see the top of your file where you might have variable listed for instance while you work on a function further down).

What do you dislike?

I sometimes get a bit lost when moving around the local file system in the sidebar - you can browse anywhere on your system in the sidebar rather than just the directory assigned to the site, which I think is where it gets a bit messy.

A coding platform we can use among a team of front-end developers who prefer a modern UI compared to apps like TextWrangler, and without having to buy Adobe CC licenses for Dreamweaver.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Coda
Coda review by <span>Matthew M.</span>
Matthew M.

Clean Coding

Validated Review
What do you like best?

The Best featured in coda I like is that you can code and view your results all inside the program. Most coding programs you have to leave and look at your code in a web browser and then press the inspect tool to learn more on why or what your want to change. Coda has this all built in to one simple interface. Code then press another tab to view your results where you then have the ability to inspect and see the console.

What do you dislike?

I could be missing something but I like a darker theme interface to code. This is just a personal preference

Recommendations to others considering the product

Overall Coding Platforms are Preferences but it does have a lot of features.

As I described earlier using Coda to be able to view the results instead of refreshing the browser window saves you time from jumping back and forth.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Web Design solution do you use?

Coda review by <span>Javier E.</span>
Javier E.
Validated Review

All in One solution to software development

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Coda is both simple and complex at the same time, some of the best features it provides is that you can have a full listing of your entire customer base and make changes anywhere and at any time. Coda provides all the tools to run and maintain a website, including database management.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I wish that Coda had a diet version for the desktop, when I just need to edit a file I always resort to a second editor that is bare bones which helps with computer load and the time it takes to make such small changes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Coda can be one of your most valued asset in the developer toolbox, it will save you time and headaches from using overly complex IDEs or any other online solution.

With Coda, I no longer have to remember every password for every aspect on all the websites I work on. Coda stores everything and it's always a click away.

Coda review by <span>Kennard L.</span>
Kennard L.

Coda is the best!

Validated Review
What do you like best?

The visualization of the code is just right. Coda makes it easy to insert HTML and CSS tags. It is also very lightweight in terms of CPU usage. Coda is definitely the best HTML editor for Mac, trust me Ive tried a lot!

What do you dislike?

The program tends to crash sometimes when multiple files are open. When that happens, you lose all of your latest revisions to the code, so be sure to save FREQUENTLY.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your research. See what else is out there before you decide on an HTML editor. I guarantee you'll come back to Coda.

Coda makes simple HTML tasks easy without the bloatedness that is Adobe Dreamweaver. The UI keeps it simple and it helps us reach our deadlines in time. What a great product. I am a huge fan.

Coda review by <span>Lauren S.</span>
Lauren S.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

I love that it auto-closes your html tags. As in if you're writing a <p> and then start typing </, it will detect you need to close the <p> tag. I'm sure that's a standard feature on many programs, but I find it convenient. I like how easy it is to set up the login for the FTP for a site to code remotely. I am not a coder but know a few things from my years in SEO. I find this perfectly sufficient for basic html edits and tweaks!

Very fast to upload changes since, easy keyboard shortcuts.

Also the capability to add Plug-Ins for extra features.

What do you dislike?

I can't say there's anything I really dislike about it. It suits my purposes. It's updated every now and then. It's fast to use, doesn't lag or crash ever.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For a one-time license fee of $99, I find this to be a very easy to use, fast and efficient coding program. It's great for basic html changes and so it. You can customize the look if you want black background or white, etc. It gets the job done and is the coding software I learned basic coding on.

Coda allows me to edit sites using FTP for various clients. Clean interface, fast, easy to use. It helps me quickly make html changes to sites and immediately push live.

Coda review by <span>Emer K.</span>
Emer K.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

I like that it has both coding and ftp access in one program. You can save your sites, and access them with one click, and uploading files via ftp is a breeze. The interface is nice and simple.

What do you dislike?

If you have your ftp connection open while coding, it's easy to accidentally make a change to the live site when you wanted to preview it on your local first instead. It would be handy if the interface was a different color when your in a local file vs. remote.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great little application. I use to when I need to make quick updates and suchlike. I still use a more dedicated coding application like Sublime or Atom when I'm working on a larger project.

I tend to have a lot of programs open at any one time, and it can slow my computer down. I like that I can code, and upload with Coda, so I don't need to have a second app like Sublime open at the same time.

Learning about Coda?

* We monitor all Coda reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.