Codacy

Codacy is an automated code review tool that allows developers to improve code quality and monitor technical debt.

Work for Codacy?

Learning about Codacy?

Codacy Reviews

Ask Codacy a Question
Showing 4 Codacy reviews
Codacy review by User in Computer Software

"Another great automated code-review services."

What do you like best?

Codacy had great git and github integration for projects and even user accounts, simple and really easy to use web interface with no clutter and informative. A great amount of programming language supported from PHP to Java. Open-source project friendly with free of charge usage for it and comprehensive amount of code patterns available.

What do you dislike?

A lot of false positives since there some code pattern built only for certain framework or CMS, need more security oriented code pattern and analysis like DevSkim or maybe curated pattern from Codacy itself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you had a open-source project lying around, try Codacy. It's free, easy to use for improving your code. If you are a small team Codacy also helps for reducing QA time wasted on code quality analysis and basic security analysis.

I'm using Codacy as a tool for helping me build, grow and improve my open source project to the standards that others achieved.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Codacy
Codacy review by Mykel A.
Mykel A.

"I LOVE these guys"

What do you like best?

Codacy checks our scala code for dumb (and not-so-dumb) mistakes. The score, while it might not be perfect, is still an excellent indicator.

What do you dislike?

The rules can be..challenging.

The fact that it's a service makes it slightly harder to break our build with a Codacy score than I'd like with a self-contained tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They only scan certain code types. Make sure your evaluation period exercises what they do.

When you have problems, don't hesitate to engage the Codacy team. They're very helpful.

We're looking for quality and speed. Codacy totally gives us both, with the safety of their service providing a good net as well as third-party evaluations. We simply don't release code that doesn't have an "A" score from Codacy.

What Static Code Analysis solution do you use?

Codacy review by Michael P.
Michael P.

"Fantastic way to improve your codebase"

What do you like best?

Codacy is fantastic! I absolutely love the UI/UX. The great amount of customizations around rules for code review. Great language support. Love the GitHub integrations with statuses. Still fairly new to the test coverage review feature.

What do you dislike?

The price is a bit high in my opinion for brand new startups like mine that are bootstrapped. Would like to see a slightly more robust free tier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would start off slow. First wire up Codacy with your code best for code review. And them as you get comfortable I would start using other features such as the test coverage stuff.

Pushing higher quality code to production. Which, in term reduces the amount of bloat, bugs, and other issues we experience. Code review helps our programmers become more proficient as well.

Codacy review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Great tool to gain time"

What do you like best?

They contact you to improve your workflow.

You can save a lot of time for the first PR (example when you have junior in your team making same mistakes regularly :D )

What do you dislike?

I have to admit ... for now nothing ...

as I said, save a lot of time for pull requests !

You can etablish some code rules (example with eslint).

There are not enough reviews of Codacy for G2 Crowd to provide buying insight. Below are some alternatives with more reviews:

Learning about Codacy?

* We monitor all Codacy reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.