codeBeamer ALM

codeBeamer ALM is an affordable and complete Application Lifecycle Management solution that covers all phases of the development process including requirements, test, and risk management as well as demand management, development management, and DevOps. In addition, it offers a comprehensive wiki and advanced document management functionality.

Work for codeBeamer ALM?

Learning about codeBeamer ALM?

codeBeamer ALM Reviews

Ask codeBeamer ALM a Question
Showing 25 codeBeamer ALM reviews
codeBeamer ALM review by Inés P.
Inés P.

"Easy handling and incredible tools"

What do you like best?

A very useful software to manage the life cycle and track the process of other softwares, really the usefulness of CodeBeamer is incredible, little by little it has been evolving. Now, the collection of data, document management and reporting is an easier task.

What do you dislike?

Possibly they have problems, but for my part I did not find anything that was bad, on the contrary, it was very easy to start to handle it and the great features that this software offers surpass many other softwares with vision in ALM.

Generally I do not usually get completely satisfied with any software, but this did not happen with CodeBeamer, its tools have been of great help, more flexible, innovative and powerful to be able to manage the life cycle of my other applications, maintaining strict restrictions that design

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about codeBeamer ALM
codeBeamer ALM review by Martin D.
Martin D.

"Using CodeBeamer ALM in a CENELEC development"

What do you like best?

I like the simple core design where most of the business logic is based on trackers and issues.

Configurable business logic based on trackers and issues.

Easy generation of documents based on trackers.

Custom Extension based on WikiPlugins.

Seamless integration of GIT.

What do you dislike?

The access right administration is much to detailed for our use case.

Issues with exports to Microsoft office. Direct PDF export would help.

When a tracker based documents gets to big, not all issues are displayed in the browser.

Lack of documentation for promoted features.

The remote API does not support document export.

Export templates need to be configured on a per project base. Centralized export templates would help a lot and ease administration.

Jenkins integration not available as promoted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the 30 day trial to evaluate codeBeamer.

Document generation and life-cycle management starting from entering documents, review and release.

Automated generation of traceability information with custom made plugins to support safety cases.

What ALM Suites solution do you use?

codeBeamer ALM review by Matthias S.
Matthias S.

"Great ALM solution with many integration possibilities"

What do you like best?

Wide range of possibilities to map any (software) project workflows (agile, traditional, regulated, custom)

Easy to use built-in hosting of GIT and SVN repositories

REST API opens up a wide range of integration possibilities with other tools of the project toolchain

Continuous improvements on the DevOps and ChatOps support

Great project templating for easy management of projects in companies with many projects / project types

What do you dislike?

There are some optimization potentials in UI performance and usability for some pages. Currently Intland is working on a mobile UI that seems to be promising to improve that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A free online-trial of codeBeamer is possible which makes a quick evaluation easy. Try to customize one of your project workflows there to check if codeBeamer meets your requirements.

codeBeamer helps us to keep all information and documentation for all of our software projects at one place. It enables us to link our projects to each other in terms of inter-project collaboration and coordination. It helps us to quick-start with new software projects by using prepared project templates for handling agile, traditional or regulated software processes.

codeBeamer ALM review by Jac S.
Jac S.

"Perfect fit for regulated industries looking to move from fragmented to integrated ALM "

What do you like best?

* Most everything you need in one place, yet cleverly designed and beautiful in its simplicity.

* The REST API makes it a breeze to integrate with in-house and third-party tools, which makes the transition process to codeBeamer much less painful.

* codeBeamer eats traceability for breakfast! You can literally track anything you desire by creating custom trackers.

* codeBeamer takes a lot of the sting out of the formal review process.

* Intland templates (e.g. DO-178) provide good guidance for engineers that are not familiar with rigorous regulatory processes.

* Innovative Kanban view for work management.

* Very decent document importation tools.

What do you dislike?

* Wiki markup: Basic document editing capability, compared to other Wiki platforms like Confluence.

* No built-in way to achieve traceability between low-level requirements and source code, down to function level. It is not common to need this level of traceability, but Level A software requires traceability down to object level code.

* No support for inline comments in live documents.

* Full text search not supported for old .doc format (however, it's easy to import these documents)

Recommendations to others considering the product

* Make full use of the evaluation period (even ask for an extension, if necessary)

* Try it on a real-world project, with a real team.

* Replacing fragmented in-house ALM tools with an integrated solution.

* Implementing centralized, paperless engineering requirements management.

* Facilitate tighter collaboration between the various engineering departments.

* Streamline our already onerous processes and align it more with current best practices and methodologies.

codeBeamer ALM review by Jared M.
Jared M.

"Great ALM for Regulated Industries"

What do you like best?

The codeBeamer platform is incredibly flexible and allows endless user customization to build the ALM solution that fits best for the user. The ease at which new Trackers can be implemented allows our team quickly add new sections to our deployment, making for a very complete solution. Tracker Document View and Microsoft Office export are extremely powerful and allow us to build functionality not found many other places. Support is top-notch and quick to respond.

What do you dislike?

Some codeBeamer-provided templates are still a work in progress. Templates and webinars don't always give detailed examples, sometimes making it difficult to understand relevancy of features. Wiki-based documentation is sometimes not up to date. Installation and upgrade process can be tricky in certain deployment scenarios. All relatively minor issues.

codeBeamer allows us to have a Single Source of Truth for all of our product documentation, which allows our entire team to always be on the same page. The system allows us to do data entry once early in the project, and to link and format that data for use throughout the rest of the project lifecycle and documentation effort.

codeBeamer ALM review by Cosmin F.
Cosmin F.

"One of the best ALM tools"

What do you like best?

Allows to define standardized activities and tasks to ensure the management of all phases and activities of the software development process.

What do you dislike?

Recorded webinars don't offer examples on specific topics, sometimes is hard to understand all the features. World wide support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

CodeBeamer offer integrations with third-party software development solutions and platforms. Such integration is important for other activities that are part of the development lifecycle such as software testing, build automation, continuous delivery, and continuous deployment.

With codeBeamer the SW release process is fully managed starting from requirements to deployment.

Before having an ALM tool project teams used partial components of an ALM tool for different purposes. CodeBeamer offers a standardized tool for application management and support across all the functional areas of life-cycle management.

codeBeamer ALM review by Hahnsang K.
Hahnsang K.

"This is a very effective ALM"

What do you like best?

ALM is all about traceability from requirements to test results. CodeBeamer provides a great way to do so item by item.

What do you dislike?

I don't have specific dislikes, but to some degree, some menus like wiki won't be used. In addition, I haven't found a way to import a file of requirements into a project, which is needed critically.

Projects that I manage need to comply with ISO26262. codeBeamer provides a template of ISO26262, which helps jump-start.

codeBeamer ALM review by Administrator

"Comprehensive, powerful and intelligently architected flexible system"

What do you like best?

The system has an attractive, clean design of interface with an easy-to-use drag-and-drop approach. It's straightforward to find most of the main things you need; data entry is smooth and reliable. Traceability is easy to get working. Technical support is prompt and friendly though bugs are not always fixed quickly. Installation is straightforward and uses industry standard server configurations.

What do you dislike?

Enforcing processes for sign-off etc can be a little challenging. Word export templates are tricky to get right and it may not always be possible to get exactly the format you need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it!

We were able to very quickly get up and running with embedded software development, using Git as the repository, and using the codeBeamer interface to capture and review all of our requirements and architecture. The wiki system is ideal to collect together design information during this process in an ordered fashion. The interface is enjoyable to use, resulting in excellent buy-in from the development team.

codeBeamer ALM review by Vijay K.
Vijay K.

"One of the best Application Lifetime Management Service"

What do you like best?

I like that it gives user the one stop solution to get their applications checked from testing till the release. I have used codebeamer and am a great fan of it. I was wondering about best efforts that the developer have put in to bring the best to the world.

What do you dislike?

Only thing I want for a change in codebeamer is of website issues so that has nothing to do with your developer section :)

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a good service give it a shot before inferring any thing out of it. It has so many features that can be useful and helpful in you development cycle of your application and after that as well. If I were to choose a ALM out of the available one I would have selected this one. This makes life easier as a administrator manifolds.

I think in future I might be using your other features as well. I don't know right now that when will I be going live with it. But the efforts by the service is the best.

codeBeamer ALM review by Sarb S.
Sarb S.

"The best ALM and AGILE tool I have ever deployed in a large organization"

What do you like best?

I am transitioning the organization towards state of the art mobile, cloud, and data driven medical systems with Agile processes that support new forms of healthcare delivery and user experiences. For me, speed of development and innovation delivery are the new currency in the healthcare digital transformation. Processes and tools that enable us to accelerate development are key to the success of my efforts. CodeBeamer ALM is the best in class of such tools.

I have used several Commercial and In-grown ALM, Requirements Management and Agile project management tools throughout my career: JIRA, VersionOne, Rally, ScrumWorks, PTC Integrity, SharePoint/Project Portfolio Manger, IBM Rational Product, Team Foundation Server, QuickTest Pro, Quality Center.

Every ALM tool usually falls short in one category or the other, or in usability, and I always used to have to complement and integrate multiple tools to fulfill my ALM needs.

CodeBeamer is the best platform I have found that truly allows us to manage all aspects of the application management life cycle process. I am able to manage an entire team of over 250 global engineers working on an entire software portfolio from a single pane of glass. We have implemented the Entire Scaled Agile Framework Process in a highly regulated environment, using Product Portfolios, Multiple Value Stream, Multiple Programs and Release Trains, Dozens of Scrum Team, and I am effectively able to manage all of the activities with a stratified view of the organizational priorities.

Creating workflows and Kanbans is very intuitive, and creating complex associations between different type of objects is very easy to achieve and visualize. The tractability functions are great and a must have if you are in a regulated environment.

I love the the document view for all of my tracker. I can Export Word documents that follow my corporate style-guide right within CodeBeamer. I also like the Wiki and Document Managment Facilities, and the ability to create custom plugins for the wiki. It is a great approach to creating view that are pertinent to each project.

Deploying the tool was really easy, and importing data from previous tools was also a breeze through the import functions and REST Apis. We we up an running in a few days, fully trained the team within a month, and fully operational within a month.

Every-time I show other Business Units within the Company what I have achieved with CodeBeamer, their jaws drop, and immediately want to learn more. We seem to constantly be expanding on the number of licenses being used as everyone want to use the tools for different reasons.

The customer support experience of Intland has beeen excellent for us. My sales rep, is like an extension of my team and she always makes sure to provide feedback to the Intland development team to enhance the product based on my recommendation. I am delighted to see how Intland is quick to produce releases on a short cadences, and many time incorporate suggestions that we have given. They listen as opposed to be in constant sales mode.

All in all, CodeBeamer ALM is phenomenal product, and i cannot be happier with the partnership with Intland.

What do you dislike?

I used not not like the look and feel of the charts / reporting functionality, but they have just release a new version of the product where they have revamped their charting functionality. It is very visually appealing now.

It is hard to find anything that I am displeased with the product. Every release they seem to make the product even better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this product to anyone who needs the flexibility to develop a modern development environment. The product is fast and web based, and it is easy to integrate into a full DevOps environment.

As compared to other ALM tools, this product is Light Weight, and engineers seem to be able to adapt to it with ease.

We had a very good point solution for Agile Management but we needed good integrated tools to be able to do Both ALM and Agile software development. Requirements tracing and exporting documentation that needed be part of submission to the FDA was a problem. We needed to capture customer needs and trace them down to product requirements, down to design, tests, and source code. And Code beamer was the only tool that allowed us to do it a smooth way.

Many to Many relationship of objects and, rracebility of requriements, items associations, document management, wiki, baselining of requierements, test management ( in the way that satisfied the testers), Reporting, Transparency, Ease of Documentation, Ease of extraction and injection of data via APIs to integrate with our DevOps Strategy were essential to our strategy.

We needed a single Pane of Glass for all our process need to reduce complexity and have confidence in the completeness and integrity of our quality records.

codeBeamer ALM review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Great for Requirements Management and Project Planning "

What do you like best?

codeBeamer has an easy to use intuitive user interface. I makes requirements tracking simple and easy. Trace reports are created in seconds that used to take us days to create.

What do you dislike?

Many features are buried under small buttons and pull down menus.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try! You won't regret it.

We use codeBeamer for requirements management and Agile project management. We are now able to easily link all requirements to test cases with ease and generate reports that are required in our heavily regulated industry. It's Agile project management features have allowed us to easily track project deliverables to help meet schedules.

codeBeamer ALM review by User

"ALM with a lot of potential"

What do you like best?

The immense amount of options. Depending on your company's requirements, CodeBeamer can be used for project management, development, information sharing, etc.

What do you dislike?

It takes a lot of time to understand and get used to all the available options. You'll need to have a dedicated project administrator that knows everything, stays up to date, and regularly trains and informs all users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Officially dedicate a project administrator to the system, and schedule time to learn, stay updated, communicate, and train colleagues.

Project management for pretty much every digital process, from design to development to asset creation and CRM, as well as project documentation.

codeBeamer ALM review by Bennet O.
Bennet O.

"Excellent ALM Solution"

What do you like best?

CodeBeamer provides a very high level of flexibility and configuration options which allow the tool to be flexed to match nearly any process. The traceability functions and reporting also provide tremendous process reporting details that can be used for compliance reviews. The product also provides fantastic visualizations of process and client audits are a breeze with this application in comparison to other products on the market.

What do you dislike?

I think the product is very well rounded but has trouble handling large datasets for linking different aspects. We deal with huge numbers of items and the AJAX functionality doesn't always handle those details very well. Overall there isn't much to dislike about the product. It is very well thought out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a trial run. I think you will love it.

We cut out hundreds of hours per year in reporting, manual tracking, and process review with this product. This product allows us to tailor our workflow to the point that we have each part of our necessary SOPs mapped directly into the product.

codeBeamer ALM review by Francisco M.
Francisco M.

"The best ALM Tool I've worked with!"

What do you like best?

The fact that you can centralize The fact that you can centralize all relevant information of a project in the same place, and more important, manage permissions and roles among the members, is a huge step forward when a new development process is to be set.

The traceability among issues in the project is the next huge advantage when working with a ALM tool… At the end, is the most important part when you want to achieve re-usability in your process and moreover when you have to solve an error in your system.

The customization possibilities that Codebeamer offers is also a stark argument. Each product, each process and each company is different! You can tailor the application almost as you wish!

And for sure the team behind Codebeamer! The support you receive from Intland is a key feature to take into account!

What do you dislike?

The customization possibilities could be better... You can configure the whole system ALMOST as you wish!

Some fixed configuration in Codebeamer are not logical or at least not everyone can understand them... Here Codebeamer can improve!

We just want to be better, to be more efficient... For that we chose to improve our internal processes, and Codebeamer is one of the tools we selected for that matter.

codeBeamer ALM review by Joe M.
Joe M.

"Excellent ALM tool"

What do you like best?

The best thing about codeBeamer is its high degree of integration. This can provide traceability from the customer need through requirements down to source code and test cases. Many other products require additional plugins or other applications to provide the functionality that codeBeamer has out of the box. The best part about that is it just works!

The Intland team us also very responsive to questions and feature requests. There have been several items I have asked about that have then been implemented in the next few releases.

The fact that Intland eats their own dogfood is also great! All feature requests and bug reports go right into codeBeamer and you can tell they use it!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes certain features lack some polish to get them to market faster. However, this is usually rectified in one or two release cycles (less than a year.)

Some of the documentation is disorganized but it is still fairly comprehensive and some of the best documentation I have seen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely try it out. They have a free trial which is a great way to check it out and see how it can be tailored to fit your processes.

Requirements management, issue tracking and version control are the main tasks we use codeBeamer to accomplish. We have recently started using it as a primary tasking tool to keep our teams working smarter not harder. This has reduced the number of full team meeting we have to perform saving us countless man-hours.

codeBeamer ALM review by Kevin D.
Kevin D.

"Excellent ALM solution with a solid foundation of important features"

What do you like best?

Features and workflows surrounding agile project management, collaboration and issue tracking. codeBeamer provides a detailed coverage in all areas of the ALM process and has to the capacity to scale from a small size venture to a more large sized enterprise.

What do you dislike?

Lack of integration with resource management and forecasting tools

Having worked on many different point and integrated ALM solutions I found codeBeamer helped solve a number of business issues namely in the AGILE environment. Some of the key features which were of real benefit include customisable dashboard creation, granular reporting capabilities and support for agile methodologies. Overall I found codeBeamer allows you to easily adapt and keep up with any shifts in your overall investment strategy, providing transparency and flexibility in issue resolution ultimately leading to much higher quality products being released...

codeBeamer ALM review by User

"A Tool for Requirements Management and much more"

What do you like best?

- it's web based

- it's possible to configure everything you want

- it's not overpriced

- wanted a requirements management tool and we got a tool for ALM :)

What do you dislike?

- no examples of real workflows in videos oder documentation

- the ReqIF Import could be better (is currently ok)

- Requirements Management and Requirements exchange woth our customer (via ReqIF)

- Importing and Linking Test Cases

- Bugtracking

codeBeamer ALM review by Mouhcine E.
Mouhcine E.

"Holistic ALM Platform"

What do you like best?

CodeBeamer is a powerful application enabling us and our customer leveraging collaboration in the organisation. The business departments and the application teams are working on the same data basis and communicating through a single point of contact. The Workflow Management is helping us to enforce and promote compliance with contractually agreed IT service management processes.

What do you dislike?

I see further optimisation potentials in the reporting module. CodeBeamer Report module has the potential to provide aggregated metrics that can be supported with 2D and 3D graphs.

IT service management processes are implemented with the workflow management module of CodeBeamer. Also all activities of the Software development teams are documented and tracked in the application.

codeBeamer ALM review by Patrick D.
Patrick D.

"Almost all you need"

What do you like best?

All-in-one tool. Integration of Wiki, Bug-Tracking, Document-Management in one tool.

What do you dislike?

Documenation is not always up to date, new features are not documented as needed. Features that are not longer available are still documented.

No Code-Change without a codebeamer-issue. Code-Reviews via codebaemer are mandatatory.

codeBeamer ALM review by Administrator

"codeBeamer in SME Agile development with 62304 process compliance"

What do you like best?

Great flexibility in defining workflows to suit our requirements and development processes.

What do you dislike?

Very opaque licensing structure, particularly in an Agile environment.

Traceability of complete ALM process from customer demand right through to delivery and support.

codeBeamer ALM review by Tamás C.
Tamás C.

"Customizable tool for safety critical development "

What do you like best?

Traceability for tracker items, easy to connect for other tools.

What do you dislike?

Custom query and export templates should be more easier to create.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely recommending.

Requirements and test scenario coverage for agile autonomous driving development.

codeBeamer ALM review by Chaitanya A.
Chaitanya A.

"One of the tools in my toolkit"

What do you like best?

Its integration with git and version control for software development.

What do you dislike?

Service Desk support is not upto the mark

we are using this as lifecycle solution for one of our products.

codeBeamer ALM review by Fernando L.
Fernando L.

"Great potential, highly customisable"

What do you like best?

The high customisation potential and an ongoing development focused on the customer needs.

What do you dislike?

Basically the learning curve until you get enough knowledge to use the real potential of the tool.

From rq management to test management

codeBeamer ALM review by User in Information Technology and Services

"CodeBeamer ALM – Application Lifecycle Management"

What do you like best?

It is a collaborative ALM Application Lifecycle Management platform that offers Requirements Management, Development, and Testing & Quality Assurance functionality. It also provides traceability.

What do you dislike?

User interface should need some improvements regarding the performance.

It does not support inline documents for live documents.

Software development and testing

codeBeamer ALM review by User

"Great tool for medical device development"

What do you like best?

Out of the box functionality contains everything we have been wanting in our current ALM

What do you dislike?

So far have not found anything to dislike about CodeBeamer, just wish the bean counters would hurry up and approve the full implementation.

Maintaining Regulatory compliance and traceability

Learning about codeBeamer ALM?

* We monitor all codeBeamer ALM reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.