Codecademy

Codecademy is a team of hackers working hard to build a better way for anyone to teach, and learn, how to code.

Work for Codecademy?

Learning about Codecademy?

Codecademy Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 95 Codecademy reviews
Codecademy review by <span>Niño A.</span>
Niño A.

One of my guide or lesson in coding

What do you like best?

I search for the easy lesson for the jquery and I found out the CodeAcademy has the jquery lessons. I try the course I selected then It makes me more convenient to learn more about the course that I selected.

What do you dislike?

as what I've experience I don't like the tips or a cheat code in the tutorial it must be a hint or clue to determine the answer of each topic because I rather go to cheat code and try to see about the difference of my code which is bad to us to improve our logical ability

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are beginner then try this one to learn more about the courses of what you needed to learn for the sake of your career and your future and it gives you a lot of details that makes you easily to under

I'm just a Trainee as a Junior Web Developer on that time when I used this software. this software is one of my path to become a Developer in school.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Codecademy
Codecademy review by <span>Ryadh C.</span>
Ryadh C.

Learn perfectly

What do you like best?

For to be accepted in informatique school in France, I begun to learn some langages like javascript on codecademy and it was a proof for school. When you learn a complete courses you won badges and you can proof you're level. The user interface is very clear and simply to understand what you must do. If you forgot something not problem you can find all steps and you can access to yours courses from all places with Internet connection. Thanks to codecademy for all knowledges I won. Codecademy is available in many languages (french and english for me).You can create projects and keep them on your profile. There's a new system on codecademy for pro level you can participate to real pro projects. It might not save your current job, but it could greatly help you get your next job. Adding skills to your CV is about making yourself sellable for the next position you apply for. Codecademy Pro Intensives have helped thousands of learners take their careers to the next level

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there's bugs but you can refresh the page and all will work at the same point. All site is not in French fortunately I understand english.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to learn IT langages : Codecademy. Fast, easy and be better

I have now most skills and I can find job where and when I want. For example: now I'm learning ReactJS on codecademy.

What Online Course Providers solution do you use?

Codecademy review by <span>Taylor P.</span>
Taylor P.

Great Introduction for aspiring Front-end/Back-end Developers

What do you like best?

The courses are curated for ease of use and explaining the fundamental basics for anyone new to the field. Just about any individual could complete their courses with little to no prior experience.

What do you dislike?

There is word that my proposed "dislike" about the company has been resolved or changed. But from my experience, I did not believe the course lessons were properly organized in regards to the order in which they were taught. I found the JavaScript course to have many lessons that were in quite a peculiar order and not conducive in building your knowledge on certain subjects that would later be revisited. Although I found this to be an issue when I initially signed up with Codecademy, I re-visited the course after they had updated it a year later and the course was written in a very constructive and fluid manner.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking to dive into learning a coding language but do not know where to start, then Codecademy is a wonderful platform to get your feet wet at a very reasonable monthly price.

Better communication & fluid workflow between colleagues in IT. I've found it quite beneficial teaching myself the fundamentals of many coding languages so that Designers, developers, and programmers can one day work in perfect harmony.

Codecademy review by <span>Jess U.</span>
Jess U.

A great free or paid option to pick up some new software engineering skills

What do you like best?

The best thing about Codecademy is that I can do use it from any device that has a web browser. That's an incredibly powerful tool to be able to pick up where I left off my self-learning from any device. I wanted to do some self study and learn some skills in back end web development, and Codecademy gave me a clear plan forward to learn what I wanted, without even asking a dime from me, unless I wanted additional resources to help me in my learning.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see them expand and offer some more content. What you get from paid content seems to be a little lacking. I think they have all the tools in place to be the go-to site for learning software development in a fun and easy way, they just need to expand their catalogue to go more in depth.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a good resource for picking up additional languages with a huge support network (forums where you can ask questions about specific problems, etc.), then Codecademy is a great starting point. It's also a great way to make a roadmap or plan of how you're going to go about learning new languages and their interactive problems to solve are great for anybody at any level of programming proficiency.

Picking up additional software engineering skills is always useful, and in turn this has allowed me to work on some projects outside of my normal development team. It's always important to keep growing your toolbox.

Codecademy review by <span>Pedro P.</span>
Pedro P.

Codecademy is good, but with caveats

What do you like best?

Honestly, the best thing about Codecademy is its interface. Having such a powerful learning tool baked into a web browser that can be accessed anywhere at any time is truly remarkable. I also love how many different languages are offered. I started using it to learn HTML/CSS, as I haven't dealt with that much due to my primary focus being on using C++/C# for Windows application development for work.

What do you dislike?

Codecademy seems to start off at a slow pace, and then quickly jumps ahead. It just feels like there are missing steps, which can be very detrimental to a beginner. Notably, this isn't an all in one tool to teach yourself programming. You're going to need many additional resources to become a well rounded software engineer in your language of choice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Codecademy is definitely a good start, but I would probably recommend FreeCodeCamp over it if your primary interest is learning HTML/CSS/Javascript. Codecademy has the big important pieces there but lacks the finer details that you will need to fully understand the code you're writing. The paid options are inexpensive as well and offer you quite a bit more options for different languages you can learn.

My job is always evolving, so I took initiative to try to learn other languages and skills. Codecademy gave me a good starting point of what to study and learn, which is incredibly useful. Having a roadmap to follow Is definitely necessary in software engineering.

Codecademy review by <span>Bradford Tyler S.</span>
Bradford Tyler S.

Codeacademy is an excellent resource for anyone who wants to learn coding basics.

What do you like best?

The best feature about Codeacademy is that the entry-level courses are free. I frequently refer people to this site who think they might be interested in coding. The site does a great job of explaining things thoroughly. Most importantly, the courses include lots of required interaction and participation.

What do you dislike?

I have only tried several of the courses, but I wish that there were more courses available for all types of code. I also wish that the courses included Excel and Sequel since those skills are in such high demand.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go give it a try. You'll find out pretty quick if the teaching style works for you. Also, the entry-level courses are free of cost so it's a great trial opportunity. I have tried it several different times and frequently refer it to others.

I love being able to send my employees to Codeacademy for simple training to expand their job knowledge. HTML, in particular, has been a great skill to learn and practice on the site.

Learning about Codecademy?

* We monitor all Codecademy reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.