CodeLite

CodeLite is an open source, free, cross platform IDE for the C/C++ and PHP programming languages which runs best on all major Platforms (OSX, Windows and Linux)

Work for CodeLite?

Learning about CodeLite?

CodeLite Reviews

Showing 5 CodeLite reviews
CodeLite review by Melifa G.
Melifa G.

"Good IDE, especially for Web Developer"

What do you like best?

I just trying using this software in Windows OS.

Easy to install, but I need to install a compiler to work with this and get better result in using this software.

By default it needs MinGW compiler.

CodeLite as a cross platform IDE, is specialized in C, C++, PHP and JavaScript.

This software also can be used in Linux/Ubuntu OS, Mac OS, and of course Windows OS.

For databases, this software supports SQLite, MySQL, and PostgreSQL.

I totally like the side pane, because it provides any aspect of development that I need.

Also there is SFTP pane, to make it easier to connect by terminal.

What I love is, in this IDE, there are already output pane and complete plugins available.

As example, there is Unit Test ++, and SFTP log, Git.

So can be said, basically all I need for my website development work is only this software.

CodeLite can cover a lot of task from several software that I usually used.

What do you dislike?

So far I have nothing to dislike.

Currently I'm still trying to adapt with this software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For website developer, I think this software is great to help our work

Before, I need to use several software to help my website development work.

But now I can only use CodeLite to cover it all.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about CodeLite
CodeLite review by Sazzad Hossain S.
Sazzad Hossain S.

"Free open source cross platform IDE for programmers and developers"

What do you like best?

CodeLite is the widely know cross platform open source IDE for C, C++, PHP and Node.js programs development. CodeLite is widely uses for C++ and PHP coding. Mostly uses as because they are open source and cross platform based.

It has pre-installed major plugins such as Git, Sub Version, SFTP, UnitTesting, Database explorer etc. Which makes CodeLite more extendable to use.

Also their PHP and PHP debugging facilities are very much lightweight to use.

What do you dislike?

As a open source software, it has many of features that should have in paid version applications.

I did not find any major buggy features to dislike the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for open sources based IDE software for your devices, CodeLite would be the best solution for you.

CodeLite supports,

Fedora / OpenSUSE

ArchLinux

Mac OSX 10.8 and later

FreeBSD

What else you are looking for? Within the application/ software, you will get C, C++, PHP and node.js editor within 1 software. It also has wide range of plugins availability and friendly customization features.

We are development company and open source software's are best suites for our company usage.

CodeLite is one software that has Programming and Coding functionality with version control system and compile and run the codes.

It has C, C++, PHP and node.js enabled features that are multi usability and don't have to download another application for several projects. It's support multiple project facilities and debugging and identifying problems within codes. CodeLite has wxCrafter that provide rapid development of wxWidgets based applications.

What Integrated Development Environment (IDE) solution do you use?

CodeLite review by M. Serhat D.
M. Serhat D.

"Lightweight and Efficient IDE with Limited Programming Language Support"

What do you like best?

Drag and drop support, easy to use interface and plugin options are best about CodeLite. Git plug-in, diff plugin, SMTP support and unit testing plugings are key features of the IDE. Also cross-platform support is one of the most important features for an IDE and CodeLite is supporting almost every operating system.

What do you dislike?

CodeLite is only supporting PHP, C, C++ and NodeJS at the moment. Limited programming language support should be improved with popular programming languages like Python, Ruby and Go.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Developer teams using different operating systems might think about CodeLite since it's a cross-platform IDE. Since most of the developers prefer lightweight IDEs, CodeLite is quite "lite" and fast during development.

Integration with Git is trully a benefit since new programmers are not comfortable working with Git. Using Git with the command line is not easy and learning Git commands take lots of time for programmers. But with the help of CodeLite and its Git plugin programmers can only focus writing code other than spending time to learn Git.

CodeLite review by Daniel S.
Daniel S.

"CodeLite! Awesome and I love it."

What do you like best?

I like that are versions for Linux and Windows. I also like that it is super light weight. I can do all my C++ development in it, and don't need a heavy duty IDE. It has all the tools I need.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike, the IDE is excellent. It is one of my favorites.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a light weight but complete IDE to write C++ application, CodeLite is the answer. It has everything needed to write small applications to enterprise level. It is the best IDE in my opinion.

I started off using CodeLite as an IDE for a C++ college class. Then I ended up using for home projects. I haven't used it at my work because they only allow Visual Studio .NET framework, but I have told my management about it and it is another option than VS2013.

CodeLite review by G2 Crowd User in Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
G2 Crowd User in Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

"Great editor for doing GCC C++ code"

What do you like best?

easy to use

code highlighting

auto completion

context jumping

cppcheck built in

What do you dislike?

crashes/hangs sometimes

code completion sometimes does not work

context jumping also sometimes does not work

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to learn and very similar to visual studio.

Needed a good editor for GCC based code but close enough to Visual studio

Learning about CodeLite?

* We monitor all CodeLite reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.