Codility

Learning about Codility?

Codility Reviews

Ask Codility a Question
Showing 121 Codility reviews
Codility review by Vassili K.
Vassili K.

"Codility review"

What do you like best?

Codility has challenging tasks to complete with different difficulty levels suitable for beginner programmers as well as experienced one. There is nice and clear explanation at the beginning of the challenge and challenges have timer, which is very useful for getting experience before doing real testing for a job.

What do you dislike?

Codility doesn't have a code completion for their code editor, which would be very helpful if person doesn't remember, for example exact syntax or import package. Most modern IDE's have this feature build in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend codility as a first step in testing developers who apply for a job as it gives ability to analyse and check the code style and solution logic of a new candidate for the role and make relevant decisions.

I am looking for a software engineer job and done few times testing on codility, which your requested by employee. I am also doing occasional challenges to improve my skills and speed in solving problems.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Codility
Codility review by Yunjun W.
Yunjun W.

"One of the best way to improve your coding skills in algorithms"

What do you like best?

The training questions give me the place to improve my algorithms coding skills and strategy thinking of problem solving

What do you dislike?

it's hard to know where to improve especially in terms of performance tests, would be great if the training questions would provide information or help for developers to find the source to learn the new skills required to improve the coding skills.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I do recommend developers and software companies to use this website for coding skill test however hiring managers do can self-design coding tests too.

As a personal training tool, I personally really love this tool and wish to continue with it. Strongly recommend to anyone who's interested to improve their coding skills.

As a person whoever entering the gate of software development world, he/she should be prepared and ready to continuously gain new knowledge and skills to improve their algorithms in their code however modern times lots programming language provides lots to use in their library already.

By using Codility, it helped me to know where I need to improve and different categories of problems different algorithms strategy to apply.

What Technical Skills Screening solution do you use?

Codility review by Ronald M.
Ronald M.

"Is a Good Tester of your abilities"

What do you like best?

It has a great platform that allows you to do exercises in any programming language and has its integrated compilers which give it great value when it comes to testing the skills of a developer. What most caught my attention is the large number of languages handled by the application allowing the developer to choose the language with which he feels most comfortable to solve the exercise.

What do you dislike?

I would like that as it handles different types of programming language, it will handle different languages, the platform only handles in English and for those who do not handle English it is a bit difficult to solve the exercises. I would like much more if at least I would use that option to change languages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a good tool that serves both to learn to program and to test the skills of other programmers, I think it is a tool that maintains that balance for both sides since to do technical tests is perfect, since you can program in the language of desire and with which more you feel comfortable.

Well I think that when it comes to testing the skills of a developer is perfect to do technical tests in jobs that require measuring the skills of a developer in the IT area. It has different lessons that also help the programmer learn a lot more, which is a good tool for both the recruiter and the developer.

Codility review by Aaron C. M.
Aaron C. M.

"An indispensable tool for technical applicant filtering and classification."

What do you like best?

The ease with which you can create a panel of tests to model a given technical role, and then look in detail at not just how a candidate handled a task, but also the steps they took to get to their solution.

What do you dislike?

There are a few places in the interface where I believe some improvements could be made. However, not only are the staff very open to constructive feedback, they are quick to take action on that feedback. One suggestion I made regarding evaluation of tests submitted without changes was implemented in less than a week after I made it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The support staff is great, definitely make use of them.

A resume gives you a vague sense of what a candidate believes is important, presented in the way they want you to see it. Modeling your vacant role with a collection of tasks on Codility lets you turn those resume claims into practical application examples which you can use to evaluate the candidate's actual capabilities. Seeing how long a candidate takes, what wrong paths they took, what corrections they made, and what test cases they came up with is a great way to get a feeling for how they will work on your team. Being able to compare candidates on a standardized battery of tasks lets you make an apples-to-apples evaluation when selecting between them. How they performed can give you guidance on how to direct the next stages of your interview process.

Codility review by Charlie H.
Charlie H.

"Angry Birds for coders. I love it. "

What do you like best?

In day to day work you rarely deal with challenges like these. It's great to take a break and work on something small just for the fun of it. It forces you to brush up on the fundamentals that easily get overlooked with time. I can see how this could be used as a great tool for determining development skills.

What do you dislike?

If you're fresh our of Uni, you've just spent the past 4 years dealing with problems like these. In the real world they rarely come up. Real world development problems extend far beyond algorithms so relying on this as a tool to solve those problems wouldn't work so well. I guess it depends on whether you want the best code monkey in town or the most creative developer. I'd imagine they're not always the same.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I haven't tried it as a recruitment tool but as a candidate it certainly made me think and I've been developing software for over 20 years!

Personally, I use the service for fun. Though I'll certainly be recommending it to anybody that wants to weed out skilled coders from those that read a book on the subject once!

Codility review by Edgar A.
Edgar A.

"Excellent tool to practice data structures, algorithms, programming, and apply problem solving abil"

What do you like best?

1) The Tool... excellent tool (great IDE)

2) Test Case Execution

3) Results and score system

4) PDF report

5) Type of problems : algorithms, data structures, complexity

What do you dislike?

- What I dislike is not the tool... is how several employees take decisions. If you have a medium score in cordility. It depends of the criteria of the employer to be hired or not.... depends.... Medium score...somtimes you forget something, or simply is not your day... but you have a partial solution. So it depends how the employer sees this result, and sometimes they are blind and decide the skip a potential engineer... They are blind of other things. and only based their assumptions in Codility... I believe Codility shall be only a part of the assessment but not all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I strongly recommend cordiality for those engineers who want to improve their problem solving abilities, and knowledge about algorithms and data structures.

For companies: I strongly recommend Codility to make assessment for potential engineers in how they solve problems and to know their knowledge in data structures and algorithms.

- Well. I am practicing to improve my chances to get a better job... Codility is a good tool to practice, make an assessment of the problem solving ability, and practice a language

Codility review by Alexander S.
Alexander S.

"Very fond of this service!"

What do you like best?

I like the simplistic yet powerful design of the website, how easy it was for me to just start solving challenges. I also really like the automatic and instant check of the code - I agree, it might look to robotic, but in a way, the ultimate code must compile and run on all cases - so it's a much greater pleasure to see 100% score.

What do you dislike?

The navigation is a bit clunky: when I finish the answer to the question in the lessons section I would like to immediately be able to go to the list of remaining questions.

Currently, I'm using this service to check my ability to code, but my colleagues are using this service for screening the candidates.

Codility review by Jacek B.
Jacek B.

"Excellent test engine to practice algorithms, data structures, programming."

What do you like best?

I like best:

1) Good selection of coding problems: algorithms, data structures, complexity, makes it easy for any coder to get in on it!

2) Excellent IDE.

3) Wide range of correctness and performance tests.

4) Results and score system

5) PDF report

6) Big-O notation for both case time and space complexity !

7) Very good assessment and good practice to improve skills, and check your level.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about this service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend codility for engineers who want to improve their problem solving abilities and improve competency in coding skills.

With codility, I can code against some business challenges and try to come with the best code for that situation.

This tool is an essential part of coding skills assesment preparation.

I applaud the codility team for their efforts here!

Codility review by Omar B.
Omar B.

"Extreme cases and algorithm analysis"

What do you like best?

Performance evaluation and algorithm complexity, be able to see how your algorithm works and when is not good.

Challenges are an excellent option to test your knowledge in competitions.

I'm only used as a programmer, check lessons, solve problems and participate in challenges. There is a lot of functions that I didn't use. You can solve problems more than once, once you submited a solution then Codility reviewed and shows you how good it is, if can solve all cases and it performance.

What do you dislike?

Not be able to see a specific test that an algorithm doesn't solve.

Once you solve a problem you are not able to see the result if you closed the window, that means that once you submit your result and it shows you the report you have to save it because it's no longer when you close it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do you thing you are the best? Well, try challenges! It really makes fun and probably you will get job offers.

The final report includes a video which shows you how a developer was working in a problem, it feels like you can go back in time and check how a developer thinks and works in a specific context.

It helps to identify when an algorithm do what it have to do but is not the best (efficiency).

I've begin using for a job interview, then exploring it a little I found some lessons to practice, since then I've been working with arrays, time complexity, counting elements, prefix sums and sorting.

Codility review by Dharmesh S.
Dharmesh S.

"Great platform to enhance programming skills"

What do you like best?

The scoring and feedback systems, especially the time complexity guess, for select problems.

What do you dislike?

The fact that the user can start the timer at any time after the problem description has been read. So if I read the problem description, I can solve the problem on my local machine, and just paste the solution in the editor. However, I have only attempted the practice problems in the lessons, so this may not be the case for competitions.

A competition called 'PushCode' will soon be taking place (in exactly 4 weeks, on Nov 10 2017). The company sponsoring this competition (Freshbooks) has chosen Codility as the platform that will host the competition. With my Google account, I am using the platform as a programmer to better prepare myself for the day of the competition.

So far, I adore the platform and have found it easy to navigate through it.

Codility review by Alin L.
Alin L.

"Pretty awesome testing platform"

What do you like best?

I pretty much enjoyed everything. Very good looking, so many languages to choose from, very simple to use interface and everything you want, it's really a complete platform. Also, it gives the users a time lapse on the code written in there, which is really awesome. Everyone can see how they think, how they write code... if they copied it or not or whatever, I think it's the coolest feature this platform has.

What do you dislike?

Nothing in therms of platform, everything was just fine and working properly. A minor thing that I did not liked, was the dark theme setting, it only darkens the code area, and not the left area with the challenge text and suggestions. I think this should darken the entire screen, and not just a part of it.

In therms of challenge, I don't think that has anything to do with the platform so I'll leave that away, but it was pretty interesting and fun anyway. I guess each company creates it's own challenges.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it's the leading edge platform in terms of testing, since it focuses on what's most important, and that is problem solving skills, and not languages. After all in this industry, problem solving skills are the only that should matter, anyone can learn any programming language.

I just took a challenge in my spare time (saw the thing on Facebook recently and said to myself, why not), no business problems solved.

Codility review by Pranjal N.
Pranjal N.

"Good test experience; Results are not verbose"

What do you like best?

The testing environment is very good. It's simple, organized and easy-to-use. There is an extensive language support and their Integrated Editor and Console is very helpful in writing and testing the code within the website. There is even support for writing your own test cases which is a lot helpful too.

What do you dislike?

The results after a test are not very verbose - they do not show the good/bad parts of your performance in the test, thus you never get to know what you did that worked well, and what didn't. A detailed summary would have been appreciated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a good platform to learn coding problems through exercises.

N/A

Codility review by Magali J.
Magali J.

"Test for a startup"

What do you like best?

What I like best is the user experience and the variety of tests we can do on Codility. The algorithm we make is analyzed in every aspect and the report after the test is quite complete. More than the correctness of an algorithm, we have its performance in a professional context. This site is very serious. The states are complicated enough to think a lot.

What do you dislike?

I think that we can get a score of 12% instead of 100% only by forgetting a small detail.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This will help you get painstaking. I thing training in Codility is very serious, in particular to optimize your code and think of every possibility in an algorithm.

I used Codility for a recruitment test. I was happy to succeed solving the problem. I took confidence and will practice a lot more. I will learn a lot more by programming, doing the challenges and of course taking all the lessons. The website's point of view is very professional.

Codility review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Best Coding Interview Prep Out There"

What do you like best?

Codility's problem definitions where were well thought out and content complete. Defining the Big-O notation for both speed and size requirements is right on spot, making sure that not only do you solve the problem and come up with the correct answer, but that you do it within the proper specifications. The incredible amount of coding languages supported makes it easy for any coder to get in on it!

What do you dislike?

The single set of test data for each problem limits the adequate testing of your code. While I think this is fantastic to teach the use of custom data sets for testing the boundaries of your code, it does complicate the problem when testing the accuracy of your code to meet the Big-O requirements. For example, I can't see how someone can self-generate a data set of 10,000 integers with the same or randomized values. Maybe there is a way that these types of data sets can be generated by the selection of certain criteria in the custom field?

Be careful when changing the language choice. If you have code already in the frame, it will be removed when you use the drop down to change languages. I only say this because I didn't notice right away that it chose Java automatically, but I was coding in C++. I did have to rewrite almost all of my entry when I switched.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you provide your own test cases to validate your entry prior to submitting! Verify that you have satisfied all requirements, including any Big-O notations.

Knowing that most companies are now utilizing coding tests to help narrow down candidates, it's essential that candidates take the time to "knock off the rust" on skills that they might not have had time to utilize in their current careers. This tool is an essential part of that preparation, and I applaud the codility team for their efforts here!

Codility review by User

"Solid tool for testing interview candidates."

What do you like best?

Coding tests can be replayed so you can review the thought process that went into how the solution was found. This can be useful as well to detect large copy/paste events that might indicate copying a solution from an online source

What do you dislike?

Some of the UI for writing a test could be optimized, but its a very minor gripe. The UI for taking a test and reviewing that test is superb. I would also like to see more options for multi-question essay tasks so that the test can provide more "free answer" style questions in addition to coding and multiple choice.

Codility allows us to consider many more candidates because test automation is a good first pass filter. It is important to have a short introductory call prior to sending out a test to ensure the candidate builds some excitement about the opportunity and devotes an appropriate amount of time to complete the test.

Codility review by Srushti S.
Srushti S.

"The Best to search Coders"

What do you like best?

Codility provides free service to coders. The primary service offered by Codility are online tests that recruiters can use for preliminary screening of candidates for software engineering positions.It is the very easing going process to find the talented programmer's for your industry.

What do you dislike?

I think there should be some improvement like adding multiple choice questions along with coding questions to make the test combinations of theory and practical knowledge.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I will definitely recommend using this software to those industries who really need a talented candidate from a too big list of candidates applied, this will make work easy with great benefit.

Many candidates apply for positions available, codility helped in narrowing that list of candidates who can code well.

Codility review by Anthony N.
Anthony N.

"Probably the best site to test or learn practical algorithms"

What do you like best?

I strongly recommend Codility for any serious software engineer. It is probably the best site to test or learn practical algorithms. The problems are well thought out and test your ability consider all edge cases.

What do you dislike?

Codility serves as both a testing and learning website. Though it excels excellently in testing, it could do better to assist developers to improve. In the practice sections, some of the algorithmic concepts can be better explained.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try solving the practice Lessons for developers. They are great and tell you what to expect from Codility.

I've improved my problem solving skills as a Software Engineer.

Codility review by Heitor R.
Heitor R.

"iOS Engineer"

What do you like best?

Different problems and situations faced on real product development that developers are encouraged to think and be prepared more than usual.

What do you dislike?

Few test cases on some complex problems and code editor needs some improvement to have a better felling of native editor. Related to Swift programming language, it needs be updated to its latest version. Complex tasks should have more test cases so developers can be confident to submit their solutions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Codility is a great application to developers learn and exercise their skills.

Codility gives developers a opportunity to evolve their algorithm approaches and techniques and be prepared to think out of the box.

Codility review by Administrator

"Top Notch Tech Recruiting Product "

What do you like best?

There is so much to like about Codility. First is the customization of the tasks. We can test for beginner, intermediate and advanced level functions as we need to. You are able to see the candidates work, live or as a part of the results. The plagiarisms feature was a big selling point for our Sr. Managers. We hire a lot of entry level, right out of code boot-camps and this product has given us the ability to weed thought the candidates to find the best talent our there.

What do you dislike?

In the couple of months that we have been using Codility, we haven't encountered any issues that have given us concern.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Request a demo. You will be impressed with the functionality of their product.

We are able to hire candidates that can make an immediate impact in our business. The guessing game on their abilities has been, for the most part, removed because of Codility.

Codility review by Robin G.
Robin G.

"A great tool for finding talented coders"

What do you like best?

Codility has a wide range of available tests for different skill levels, and provides both test cases the candidate can try, and hidden test cases that are used as validation for coverage of edge cases, and factors like optimal time or space complexity. You can produce a PDF output of the test results for sharing, and see a candidate's overall score up front as well as the actual code and test results in the details. The online version of the report also shows what parts of the alotted time they spent on each exercise. Finally, in cases where the candidate made a simple error, I can easily edit the test case and make what I think is the required change, and rerun the exercise to see how the test results change. Often a very low score is caused by one little error they missed, and I will sometimes give candidates the benefit of the doubt in such cases and can rescore their test by making the change.

What do you dislike?

I've used Hackerrank in the past and it had the added benefit of not just coding exercises but multiple choice (automatically scored) and long answer (manually scored) questions, so it was easy to build a combination of coding exercises and technical questions. This would be a useful enhancement.

I sometimes email a candidate a solution they have not done quite right, to ask what changes they would make to do it right. This would be a neat extra feature in Codility itself, although I've only done it 2-3 times total so not that compelling.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Codility will remind you to change your questions if they've been used for a long time, as they do get stale.

It's also important to revisit your questions occasionally to determine how well they actually discriminate between strong and week candidates.

Narrowing our candidate pool at the interview stage down to developers who can actually code.

Codility review by Elizabeth M.
Elizabeth M.

"Codility helps me ensure Best Practices are followed in high-stakes Tech Recruitment"

What do you like best?

It removes any question of technical skill

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about this service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Codility not only offers objective candidate assessment, they also offer (free of charge) test evaluation for style, efficiency and more. Further, their own Engineers and Design Teams really care that the end users understand the system, features and services offered by Codility.

Codility allows me to partner with my hiring managers ONCE on the front-end to establish technical expertise needed in the particular role. Together, we build a test that will best exemplify the knowledge required for success in the position and from there I can use the test to sort out the yes/no candidates. This service is truly priceless not only for me but also for the hiring managers. I know the candidates that score ___% should be moved to the next level and those that don't score well should not. Further, I am able to save the objective Codility documentation as part of the candidate's recruitment record as a PDF which protects me in the event I need to justify candidate selection / elimination. The reports belong to me, not just for the time I use Codility.

Codility review by Om Prakash K.
Om Prakash K.

"An efficient means to assess the Competency of team"

What do you like best?

- The kind of questions provided

- Performance evaluation

What do you dislike?

Nothing like dislike however, I wish to see more evaluation of code from "Coding Standard" point of view. A kind of recommendation if someone doesn't score the perfect score (100%) from codility side.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Helps in making quick assessment of Coding skills of an Associate and plan for competency improvement. And off course saves time in new Recruitment.

We were assessing the algorithmic & problem solving skills of our team. Almost 100+ associates took this test and we could find where each one of them stand and we came up with plan for competency improvement of their score was below par. This helped us to plan their training and coaching where associates lacked. We used few licenses in new recruitment process which helped us to in making quick decision whether to go for the next round of interview or not.

Codility review by Iree G.
Iree G.

"Good for interviews!"

What do you like best?

It lets you run your code right in the browser, and allows you complete tasks easily. You can get started quickly. It supports many languages. It lets interviewers see exactly how you solved the problems step by step.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't support the latest version of Swift. It doesn't offer information besides stack trace for errors. It has no syntax highlighting.

You can't use it for debugging, since it provides very little information. However, you can provide custom test cases to make sure your code is correct.

Codility review by Horácio S.
Horácio S.

"Coding challenges preparation"

What do you like best?

Whether you want to push your limits as a programmer, refactoring yourself or most likely attend a professional code gym to stay fit and prepare for the next code challenge that your next company will ask you to do before getting you onboard , Codility is the place . Take the challenges, practice ,and be a better programmer. It will change your life.

What do you dislike?

There are no pure Front-end challenges available. Only Algorithms/ Mathematics.

As they say in the home page: I'm solving challenges to practice and refactor my self, preparing for technical interviews.

Codility review by Jacek M.
Jacek M.

"Great SaaS for tech recruitment"

What do you like best?

Works out of the box and saves a lot of time. High quality and meritocracy approach to hiring.

What do you dislike?

I don't like they don't have decent code editor for screening. The current one lacks basic feature: create a url that allows any interviewer and candidate collaborate. We have to use another tool for that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, at least with candidates that normally you would reject based on CV/Resume. Finding hidden talents can be your competitive advantage.

Screen technical candidates. We get a lot of candidates, interviewing is costly, we want to give chance everybody, but don't waste time on unpromising candidates.

Codility review by Edgar L.
Edgar L.

"Excelente experience"

What do you like best?

The site take the time to explain you how it works, it is always clear on how the test is going to be, let you see the problem before you try to solve it, the test done to the code are very clear when code fails.

What do you dislike?

nothing has dislike me yet, everything has been good so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

is the best platform so far that I've tried to improve my coding skills and my problem solving skills

it help me to be sharp for code challenges

Codility review by Mary C.
Mary C.

"Excellent challenge for the candidates that do not hesitate to go extra-mile"

What do you like best?

The tasks themselves are various and challenging, the easiness of using it on daily basis, the clear UI/UX, the managers' support and the idea that verifying algorithmic knowledge in candidates and employees make our products better

What do you dislike?

It's not about disliking, but we lack real-life tasks in the system, though as far as I know the team is working on it

Recommendations to others considering the product

The best automated software to check you candidates' level of knowing algo and maths along with other aspects of coding

We have increased our recruitment effectiveness for about 20% for the last 6 months and we include tests in our promotion and growing system as well

Codility review by John M.
John M.

"Speeds up the recruiting process"

What do you like best?

We started using Codility as part of our candidate screening a couple of years ago. Since then we've hired more than 20 developers. Codility helped us screen out hundreds of unqualified candidates and zero in on the strongest candidates, saving us hundreds of hours in recruiting time.

What do you dislike?

The initial cost was a bit high, but it's paid for itself many times over.

Codility helped us streamline our recruiting process by reducing wasted time recruiting unqualified candidates. We are focusing in on strong candidates more quickly.

Codility review by shaival s.
shaival s.

"One of the best recruitment platform"

What do you like best?

It provides nice exam questions. Questions are really good in testing ability of person giving test. Also user interface is good and features provided by it is very nice. Administrator can observe everything and test accordingly. Very well organised and reliable platform for recruiters.

What do you dislike?

Question sets are limited. Integration with ATS is quite difficult. It is bit expensive. It can have a better compiler for coding for people who are appearing for test.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend codility for recruitment test for organisation

We are taking recruiting test on codility. It is very reliable platform

Codility review by Administrator

"Makes life a lot easier.."

What do you like best?

Codility has predefined modules - multiple choice as well as tasks which allow scripting in common languages such as Java and Python. It is therefore easy to create a robust test, but as you can also create your own testing tasks it's quite flexible. GUI is easy to use and portable as it's browser-based.

What do you dislike?

Not sure about the scoring of the scripting modules, seems a bit inconsistent, if one line of code e.g. defining a variable works then marks are allocated, but complete scripts with a minor syntax error score 0.

Consistency, we now have a consistent means of testing candidates and globally recording scores across the business.

Codility review by Eslam A.
Eslam A.

"my experience with Codility"

What do you like best?

most of my interview was on it so it is only logical to train and learn on it

also it has very good PDF tutorial that make understand the concept not just one problem at time

What do you dislike?

i do not like it does not save my answers may be i want to review it later it help more just remember my code

also the tutorial all made with python it will be great to have it in anther language such as java but it is easy to understand it and make your own version

in many project it help me to optimize my code to make faster or use less memory

Codility review by Mihai S.
Mihai S.

"Codility review"

What do you like best?

The algorithmic skills that Codility addresses with lessons and challenges are the ones that truly make an exceptional programmer.

What do you dislike?

For the past challenges (which consist of problems that are not easy to tackle with), it would be helpful for the programmer to have access to the test vectors which his or hers submitted solution did not pass.

I solved as many challenges as I could. The benefits were not direct, but it keeps me sharp as a programmer, something that my daytime job sadly often fails at.

Codility review by Sebastian S.
Sebastian S.

"Useful and easy to use to improve coding skills."

What do you like best?

Nice, structural way to learn or remember long forgotten techniques.

What do you dislike?

There should be easier way to re-evaluate code without restarting whole exercise. Second think it might be useful to have more input data sets.

I have found it as a good way to improve and brush my coding skills in algorithms and stuff I did in university such as bubble sort – things that I haven’t chance to write in work for last 10 years. Good way to train before interview.

Codility review by User in Medical Devices
User in Medical Devices

"Codility is what programmers mindest should be"

What do you like best?

Codility gives one an awareness of the thought process that programmers should follow when faced with a challenging problem. It gives a safe platform to develop such mindset, while still probing for a greater challenge. The problems presented and the limits imposed mimic what programming is all about.

What do you dislike?

The website UI is terrible and needs to be upgraded to provide a better flow. Moreover, there should be an option to run tests with all of the test cases, without having to submit the solution. There is no option to preview past evaluations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Codility will show who you are and where you stand in this struggle.

Personally, Codility has given me a rough estimate where I stand in solving complex programing problems.

Codility review by Awa D.
Awa D.

"Best environment for practising algorithms and developing programming skills"

What do you like best?

What I like best is the fact that I am asked to solve problems with given worse case time and space complexities. And also I am being timed. This helps me to learn to solve problems fast while ensuring that I solve for best performance.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. I think Codility is just awesome.

I'm not solving any business problems. I am using Codility to practice algorithms so as to improve my coding skills and become a better programmer.

Codility review by User

"Codility: Firehose of quality candidates"

What do you like best?

The only thing that took any time was setting up the right set of questions and that's only because I wanted to be sure we were doing a good job to find the best candidates. Codility even provides sample question and stats on how people have fared on that question from the broader user base. Very easy to ramp up recruiting process efforts.

What do you dislike?

I had a little bit of trouble with all the features being presented quickly and I didn't know what I wanted to pick. In the end I just needed to try a few problems and then get more familiar with the other features.

Recruiting candidates, especially remotely is tricky. I have been successful in getting good response rates but the next question to answer is if the candidate is worth the time to put through interviews and potentially fly out.

Codility review by Andrés S.
Andrés S.

"Hire the best talent, based on performance"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to create skill-testing exams to put your possible future talent on the stand. It allows you to narrow the candidates' pool efficiently.

What do you dislike?

It is not very easy to tailor questions or the way they are presented, but it is a small price to pay.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are serious about helping your HR department with its technical recruitment, test it out and request a demo for the specialized features like Interviewing.

Recruiting talent with some problem-solving skills, to help HR Department in the process.

Codility review by Paulo G.
Paulo G.

"A good platform... if you are looking for challenge only"

What do you like best?

A nice platform to practice your skills and check your level. They have a nice amount of challenges to be completed.

What do you dislike?

You can't access past challenges and can't have some test data to test against.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A good place to test and improve your skillset. Easy to use and a nice place to compete against your buddies to see which one comes with the best solution.

Codility review by Maciek W.
Maciek W.

"Fast and thoroughly experience"

What do you like best?

Differentiated levels of tests and requirement of keeping algorithmic complexity at low level.

Provided tests were very differentiated and verified range of computer programming skills.

What do you dislike?

Lack of time to refactor and error-check the tests before submitting. Time for tests was not sufficient.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool is very quick method of entry level verification of candidates, before calling them personally.

Problems of optimizing different algorithms including operation on arrays and binary trees.

Codility review by Anietie A.
Anietie A.

"Very coherent"

What do you like best?

The questions while being lengthy are quite clear for any person to follow and provide adequate information to solve problems.

I also like the fact that Codility supports all major programming languages.

What do you dislike?

Some of the questions are too lengthy and so it's easy for a user to be confused while reading it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before you jump into writing solutions, read through the questions first between lines and note important points because some of the questions are quite long and so it's easy to get confused.

I've used Codility for a test as part of evaluation for a remote job. I think Codility should be adopted by any person whose goal is to evaluate programmers online.

Codility review by Khushnood N.
Khushnood N.

"Great place to practice algorithms for jobs or just program challenges for sport programming"

What do you like best?

The lessons are organized very well. With a short but sufficient theory, but increasing level of problems toughness, to onboard the train, based on your own pre-existing skill level.

What do you dislike?

Resubmissions are a pain. Other platforms allow you to reuse the last submission, and provide an easy flow to continue and fix the remaining test cases. But overhere, you have start from the scratch. Please do fix this part, it must be a common problem faced by many.

I solve challenges for fun as a hobby. But importantly I used Codility to practice algorithms for getting into Toptal.

Codility review by Consultant

"Awesome platform to improve problem solving ability, algorithms and datastructure."

What do you like best?

The pattern and the difficulty level of the problems.

What do you dislike?

Well, initially when compiling the program, I have also passed the below console.log which your system do not require. Every time I get error and after 4 - 5 times of trial and error, I came to know that the user do not need to enter those at all. Only the function is sufficient. That was little anoying.

function solution(S, P, Q) {

}

var p=[2,5,0],

q=[4,5,6],

s=['C','A','G','C','C','T','A'];

console.log(solution(s,p,q));

Recommendations to others considering the product

Awesome platform to improve problem solving ability, algorithms and data structure. Highly recommended.

I started revising algorithms after a long gap. And I found Codility is best.

Codility review by Carlos G.
Carlos G.

" Very good exercise"

What do you like best?

Is the best way to keep your skills up to date solving problems that soon or later you will face in your business challenges. I strongly recomend it if you are at the market place even like job seeker or employeer.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. Everything is just great. Keeping doing it this way.

I am job seeker. This tool let me training solving shorts but hard challenges.

Codility review by Mohamed M.
Mohamed M.

"A very wonderful site to practice programming efficiently"

What do you like best?

- Limiting the running time for a given solution

- Providing challenges from companies

What do you dislike?

- Problems are not organized by categories ( maybe they are but not very well)

- Graphs and Trees are not well covered

I'm not using Codility for business, I'm using it as a programmer and it's a very good and reliable platform for practicing data structures and algorithms.

Codility review by Hossam E.
Hossam E.

"A very comprehensive site for algorithms revision "

What do you like best?

The well done division of the contents of the site and the clear illustration of algorithms plus the good selection of learning tasks.

What do you dislike?

I hardly can find something to say in this accord but I'd like if they can put best selected solutions for the practice tasks

The challenges they choose in the practice tasks are abstract but covers most of the required business problems

Codility review by Pieter P.
Pieter P.

"Codility Testing"

What do you like best?

The tests are brilliant. They are effective at highlighting developers's lack of skill. If a developer passes the tests, you know they are likely to meet at least the capability requirement.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I can specifically point to that I don't like. I find the sire very intuitive and easy to use. Maybe more can be done to provide automated reporting e.g. weekly reports on candidates' progress.

Making sure candidate developers have the appropriate level of skill in both programming and the Java language specifically,

Codility review by Raymond S.
Raymond S.

"Quick and easy to create and administer coding tests"

What do you like best?

Easy to send out coding tests and great tech support for suggesting appropriate tests when requested. Plagiarism alert is also a very useful feature.

What do you dislike?

Would be nice to have a list of tests organized by the login name of administrators

Being able to technically screen candidates quickly before doing a face to face interview. Also providing flexibility to candidates on when and where they can take a coding test.

Codility review by Benjamin E.
Benjamin E.

"Absolutely brilliant learning/testing site"

What do you like best?

The IDE provided for the tests is brilliant, really easy to use in intuitive to new users.

What do you dislike?

Nothing - it is fine as it is...………………..

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ease of use is the main thing but also the quality of the tests is high.

I am applying for a job and the test is part of the recruitment process.

Codility review by Chris B.
Chris B.

"Excellent skill training system"

What do you like best?

I love the variety of compiler options available for use during the timed challenges.

What do you dislike?

The description could use a bit more formatting, especially in the examples. It would be nice if the 10 custom data sets could include extra options such as the ability to fill an array with random values, etc.

Taking tests to challenge myself as a developer.

Codility review by John T.
John T.

"Great platform "

What do you like best?

Very intuitive, great problems and very adequate sample sets for tests. The page is very stable and that is very important when yo are doing a test. The problem set organization is wonderfull and allows you to administrate your time.

What do you dislike?

nothing so far, maybe if we canimplement more like challenges or comunity interaction

problem solving

Learn more about Codility

Codility Videos

Learning about Codility?

* We monitor all Codility reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.