CoffeeCup HTML Editor

A small team of passionate people making software for making websites.

Work for CoffeeCup HTML Editor?

Learning about CoffeeCup?

CoffeeCup HTML Editor Reviews

Ask CoffeeCup a Question
Showing 32 CoffeeCup reviews
CoffeeCup review by <span>Megan S.</span>
Megan S.

"CoffeeCup - Great Program, Difficult for Beginners"

What do you like best?

I am still new to CoffeeCup, but I love that CoffeeCup offers a wide variety of products that will assist in web development. While I am still learning how everything functions, it seems like a great program for someone who is looking for an easier way to create a website that doesn't require extensive coding experience.

What do you dislike?

As a beginner, I have had many moments of feeling so frustrated that I can't do what I want. I have built websites in the past that look great using different platforms and this has by far been the hardest. I definitely think that is because I am not a web designer, so I am missing some of the knowledge that I think might be very beneficial to have when working on a system like this. So, from a beginner's perspective, this may not be the best option. I've been camping out on the help forums, watching tutorials, and resisting throwing my computer at the wall some days haha. All a part of the learning process, I guess!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would only recommend CoffeeCup to someone who has some web design experience and feels comfortable with some level of coding. As a complete beginner, I feel like I've jumped in over my head and know for a fact there are other website options out there that would be much simpler for me to build off of. (I've used Squarespace before and had a great experience creating a website that I've had many compliments on and use for my personal business). However, I think for someone with more of a base knowledge of web design than I do, this program may be a great fit! It falls into a more affordable price range than some, so that is definitely helpful if you are on a stricter budget.

I am helping redesign a VERY outdated website. I look forward to creating a fresh look, and think that there are some feature of CoffeeCup that can help with this!

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about CoffeeCup HTML Editor
CoffeeCup review by <span>Jasmine S.</span>
Jasmine S.

"CoffeeCup is classic!"

What do you like best?

It's user-friendly. This is a good program for beginners wanting to learn HTML (and other coding languages). It highlights what's wrong with the code, explains why errors appeared and what to do to fix them. The information is clearly laid out and is easy to understand. For example, if you are working on a HTML page, have it open in your text editor and all your browsers at the same time. Make a few changes to the code, save, then refresh each browser to see the changes. I primarily use it for small projects and quick coding. The community is very helpful, the support is good.

What do you dislike?

It is not as modern or advanced as a program such as Atom/VisualStudio or others on the market, but I think it is well suited for HTML and CSS. The price tag may be cheaper than Adobe Dreamweaver, but it lacks the polish many other editors have. The interface is pretty outdated too. Sometimes it can be stubborn and not open the files I need, which can be very annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many other options for beginning coders/web developers out there. Don't feel intimidated by how "complex" they may look! If not, try out this one! I used it when I was in high school and boy, does it bring back some memories!

I have been able to save a lot of money by using this editor. It has been helpful to those I work with that haven't mastered coding by hand.

What Web Design solution do you use?

CoffeeCup review by <span>Thomas B.</span>
Thomas B.

"Coffeecup Design Every Morning"

What do you like best?

I've been with CoffeeCup since its inception, starting when it was a free alternative to HomeSite. Coffee Cup has everything that those mainstream programs had plus more. The Applets and perks were always a plus for some of the best designs and programming. I couldn't recommend CoffeeCup more.

What do you dislike?

In its early years there were some unstable crashes but I believe those are rare and far inbetween. Otherwise I don't see too much I don't like about it.

CoffeeCup solved alot of program applications in web development that HomeSite and Dreamweaver at the time couldn't do. It was a spectacular tool for making my design work easier.

CoffeeCup review by <span>Chris V.</span>
Chris V.

"Great Cost Effective Alternative to Dreamweaver"

What do you like best?

I love the layout. It is very user friendly and provides a convenient way to edit and view HTML seamlessly. I also love how cost effective the software is. They offer an older version free and the newest version is very cost effective compared to Adobe Dreamweaver. To get a user friendly application that does the job well at a much cheaper price is a huge win.

What do you dislike?

It would be great to have the preview be auto updating. Such that with each change to the code, the site preview would automatically update rather than having to constantly click refresh. It would also be convenient to have a view where items could be dropped, dragged, and aligned to cut down on time spend manually coding.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a solid HTML editor that can rival Dreamweaver, but is more cost effective, look no further than CoffeeCup HTML editor. Though not as complete at Dreamweaver, it still easily holds it's own with a nice user friendly interface and ease of use. CoffeeCup HTML editor is worth a try at the very least.

Overall, this product has allowed me to be able to work on site building/coding much more efficiently without having to break the bank. Money and time has been saved because of CoffeeCup.

CoffeeCup review by <span>Marcos Gabriel C.</span>
Marcos Gabriel C.

"CoffeeCup HTML Editor"

What do you like best?

Very easy to create websites and modify them later on.

I like how you can click on a part of the webpage and it will bring you to the part of the code that corresponds with it.

What do you dislike?

I wouldn't recommend newer developers to use such tool since it will overwhelm them at some point with its many functions and buttons on display.

I dont recommend it to beginners.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's well suited for fast webpage projects, consider for fast mockups or prototypes.

Working with folder-heavy projects it's like slicing butter with a hot knife using this piece of software.

I stopped using their software.

CoffeeCup review by <span>Steve Z.</span>
Steve Z.

"Great text editor for web"

What do you like best?

CoffeeCup HTML Editor is great when it comes to web development especially for beginners,it takes out all the intimidation as compared to other editors.what i love most is the code highlighting which make it easy to read your code and differentiate between tags or elements and just normal text and how easy it is to make a website responsive.

What do you dislike?

well nothing much except the fact that you have to buy it for layout designs

Recommendations to others considering the product

make use of the free version to try it out

i use CoffeeCup HTML Editor when dealing with no complex projects(websites) and

Learning about CoffeeCup HTML Editor?

* We monitor all CoffeeCup HTML Editor reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.