cognitiveSEO

Benchmark and Outrank Your SEO Competition.

Work for cognitiveSEO?

Learning about cognitiveSEO?

Categories

Compare cognitiveSEO to Similar Solutions

cognitiveSEO Reviews

Ask cognitiveSEO a Question
Showing 39 cognitiveSEO reviews
cognitiveSEO review by Daniel D.
Daniel D.

"Advanced set of SEO tools and metrics with TONS of data and charts"

What do you like best?

Good set of core metrics drawing largely from Majestic SEO (but far beyond just Majestic's metrics), keyword classification, and risk algorithms. Good analysis quotas for link numbers and total reports (FAR better than Link Detox/LRT). Also many other useful SEO tools for keyword research and content optimization.

Currently Cognitive SEO is both cheaper and better (more features, tools, and metrics) than Link Research Tools/LinkDetox which makes them the best option on the market for link risk analyses, at least for experienced SEOs. As a second tier analysis tool, it far outclasses the basic link index/data services like Ahrefs, Majestic, and Moz/OSE and already integrates some of these services' data.

What do you dislike?

- Risk algorithms are less transparent than Link Detox, particularly for the csv export (for those like myself who prefer working from excel over the clunky online web tool). Definitely something they could easily improve on and hopefully do.

- There is no ad hoc analyses feature for assessing metrics on a given list of links (rather than a website's link profile).

- Limited upsells like Google malware listing status and Google indexation check for links is not part of the basic analysis and very costly so I just do this in-house. Hopefully not a practice they expand on since this business practice is what has made their top risk analysis competitor, Link Detox/Link Research Tools, almost completely useless for any company except a large agency.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a data nerd, this is a powerful service for single-site or multi-site link analyses that outclasses the big competition. It also has good keyword research and content analysis tools, although it lacks an ad-hoc link analysis feature.

- Google penalty prevention and recovery (both manual penalties and algorithm penalties): the main focus of my business.

- Competitor analysis (VERY powerful comparison features)

- Keyword research

- Improving existing on-site content (new promising content tool)

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about cognitiveSEO
cognitiveSEO review by Enrique C.
Enrique C.

"Good SEO tool, specially for backlinks analysis"

What do you like best?

It is a tool completely focused on linkbuiilding, both outgoing and internal links of a web, leaving aside everything else as ranked keywords (more typical of SEMrush) or organic traffic (more typical of SISTRIX). It is different from Majestic. With it you can know the speed of entry of your incoming links.

What do you dislike?

On the one hand, the price. It is a slightly expensive tool if you only want to control a couple of websites or if you have very few clients. But you will amortize it fast if you work with enough websites or you have many clients. The second drawback is its complexity. It is a tool that is hard to handle a bit at first and requires some time to get used to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend you take the 15 days trial and see if the tool meets your requirements

Basically we use it for linkbuilding, although it also has utility for analyzing content and tracking keywords.

What SEO solution do you use?

cognitiveSEO review by Josep L.
Josep L.

"Prevent peridiocal Negative SEO and improve keyword ranking."

What do you like best?

We started using it after detecting a huge negative SEO attack. It helped us not only to take control of backlinks and recovering from periodical attacks, also helped us improving the contents and giving ideas analyzing contents from other website. Good website application usability.

What do you dislike?

It covers about 80-90% of our needs. At the begining you have a lot of features and for us what quite difficult to take control of what really we needed. They provide a 1-2 hour meeting where they explain most common features what is really welcome. After some weeks you get more control and what initially you expend 6-8 hours you do in 1 hour, considering the SEO complexity itself, I think the learning courve is acceptable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have tested a lot of SEO tools in deep and you will not find on all of them all the features you need and probably if you find something that covers all your cases will not be so deep as you need. If you are looking for backlinks control, keyword ranking in combination with content building analysis tools this is one of the best and easiest to be used I found.

You can also compare your global position with your competidors and following - more or less - what are they doing, the backlinks what have more influence etc... in combination with website explorer tool what I prefer for punctual strategies. For me following weekly backlinks is much hard rather than find more qualified and where are they ( this option provides us ideas and understading new ways of promotion ).

Finally these tools need to expend some hours to take control and more for understanding what are you looking for and on what are you really might be interested. All depends on your real needs, sometimes you ignore what are they and for what you should looking for.

Unfortunately we have periodicaly Negative SEO Attacks ( it's a very tedious scenario what each year it repeats again an again in a specific months, usually when there's more commercial activity, not casual scenario ), it help us to take control on it. Also helped us on contents analysis and rank position.

cognitiveSEO review by Lukasz R.
Lukasz R.

"Awesome tool for people who know how to SEO"

What do you like best?

Integration and analysis of the data from other sources - key selling point in CognitiveSEO for me is how visual is the data and how you can go from diagrams/trees/charts to raw data. Disavow generator is really nice, competition comparison too. Also they've just added content analysis tool which kicks ass! I can throw away few other tools and use only this one for most of my SEO needs.

Nowadays there are a lot of large tools, integrating a lot of features that everyday SEO expert needs - you're probably aware of MajesticSEO, Ahrefs, Moz, etc. but Cognitive is one, that gives you access to all this data and more, and i have a feeling, that it's a bit underrated by s SEO community. If you're looking for SEO tool, that works FAST, is reliable, supports many countries and will analyse data for you - give it a try.

Did i mention API? You can access the data programatically and add Cognitive to your automation workflow - which could be very useful and save you money on integrating the data yourself.

What do you dislike?

Could use a bit of onboarding experience - i can imagine that it's pretty hard for new users to use this tool - when you're SEO pro, you'll know what to look for, but for business owner, i think it has a little bit to steep learning curve.

Content analysis, competition analysis, growing organic traffic

cognitiveSEO review by Michael M.
Michael M.

"New user and I think it's a terrific product"

What do you like best?

I did trials for a few SEO services and CognitiveSEO was the only one I considered becoming a paying customer for and it wasn't remotely close. Generally what I love most about it is that it's simple to use and intuitively gives me everything I could want in a product like this and then some. And there's a new keyword tool that optimizes content you write for keywords. That, which wasn't even there during my trial, is an amazing tool that basically is worth the price of admission itself. I feel like this product is going to work so well for me in beating my competition I almost feel bad for them. Almost.

What do you dislike?

I haven't seen anything so far I haven't liked. I'm not 100% sure on exactly how thorough the crawl works for finding links but I'm not sure those are ever fully accurate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product offers a terrific product that also gives you that small company special attention. Best of both worlds.

I love being able to see ideas for links from my competitors, I love knowing how to optimize my written content (including my home page which I now know wasn't very optimized), it's great to be able to track progress with my rankings, and it's great to be able to see social media information.

cognitiveSEO review by Nikki Marjorie C.
Nikki Marjorie C.

"An amazing all-around tool for SEO"

What do you like best?

CognitiveSEO's strength lies in its ability to deliver complete, in-depth data in an easily understandable manner. Its tools are equally simple to use, and covers a wide array of disciplines in SEO. Right now though, I'm really loving their new keyword tool & content assistant feature. If only its uses were unlimited! <3 Anyways, I've I found that it's very, very effective. So much so that our team has decided it's worht a review on our site as soon as our testing is officially complete.

What do you dislike?

The UI looks & feels a little antiquated, though that's a very minor personal nitpick. It's still effective nevertheless.

Recommendations to others considering the product

CognitiveSEO is great for both beginners and experts alike - those who want to have a deep insight into how their sites are performing will definitely get what they paid for with this.

The linkbuilders within our team sometimes report that CognitiveSEO may mark certain links as lost even if they're not. I cannot fully attest to this "bug" but it does happen pretty often if it's true.

As for its benefits, it's a great tool for both experts and beginners alike. I've learned a lot re:SEO from using this along with SEMRush when I first started earlier this year, and the same is still true even now.

cognitiveSEO review by Andrew A.
Andrew A.

"Great Competitor to Ahref"

What do you like best?

I like the content grading for competitors + the content evaluator for your own content that gives keyword suggestions. The visualizer for the external links is pretty cool too.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of a specific thing I dislike at the moment. I will say that the price is a littttle expensive, but I also didn't use the tools for all its capabilities. I found that I still used Ahrefs for some of the functions that Cognitive SEO has, so that the main reason the price didn't seem worth it. I almost wish I could just get the content function and use that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend you compare this tool with Ahrefs since that is their closest and biggest competitor. If $100 doesn't break the bank I recommend getting this tool in addition to Ahrefs.

No business problems to speak of. I was able to execute a better pillar content strategy by quickly evaluating the competition while grading my own work in comparison to ensure that I was grabbing the relevant keywords I needed to grab while making my content readable.

cognitiveSEO review by Bogdan C.
Bogdan C.

"Awesome tool for research on backlinking and content improvement"

What do you like best?

I started using this tool after I realized that I need to put in place a backlink strategy in order to improve our visibility, and I love the fact that it offers very detailed reports about pretty much everything - from keyword ranking evolution to data extracted from Google Analytics. It's a great tool to analyze the links that you and your competitors have.

What do you dislike?

It's a bit difficult to get used to in the beginning, especially if you're new to SEO, but they do offer several one-on-one sessions to explain everything you need. They also organize webinars with GCPs and tips & tricks, which I found really useful.

I managed to generate several backlinks in a rather short period, as well as improve the content on several key pieces of content that bring us a lot of traffic.

cognitiveSEO review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"Complex Tool that Gets the Job Done"

What do you like best?

I was using two separate products for keyword tracking and inbound analysis before a friend recommended CognitiveSEO. It really reduced costs at work and I am happy that I have these two components in the same place. Now I can monitor rankings on both desktop and mobile, keep track of backlinks and organize them by type. Not to mention the other perks that Cognitive has related to the two above.

What do you dislike?

The UI is a bit off, but they are currently beta testing a new version. I really needed some time until I could find the way to create custom filters. If it hadn't been for their staff's help, I still wouldn't have known how to do it today.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the tour with one of the staff, to learn everything there is to know about the product. Also, you'd be happy to know that you're speaking with an SEO expert on the other line. All the better for what the tool is about.

Our problems are mostly related to tracking our rankings and keeping track of spammy links coming from other websites. So I might conclude that it helps a big part of our on-site, off-site SEO efforts. They are going to create more features for on-site SEO, which I find great. Could hardly wait for the outcome.

cognitiveSEO review by Gabriel C.
Gabriel C.

"Recovered old usless content with Keyword Tool & Content Assistant"

What do you like best?

Using Keyword Tool & Content Assistant from CognitiveSEO a managed to revive some old content pages that where strong on backlinks but the content was outdated. So now I recover old content using their tool.

It was easy for me to decide the content that worth recovering because I could easily analyze the backlinks in the same tool.

What do you dislike?

Well, tools are evolving and you need to be one step in front of others. I know it`s hard to develop new options and tools but I hope they keep doing it.

Raise organic traffic to lots of clients. Doing backlink analysis, content analysis. SM analysis. The whole suite is great.

cognitiveSEO review by Internal Consultant in Internet
Internal Consultant in Internet

"All in Package"

What do you like best?

Cognitive SEO is by far one of the best SEO tool. It has made my life easy. With the help of cognitive SEO, I can stay ahead of my competitors, keep my link profile clean, explore more link building opportunities, spy on my competitors :). Their latest content optimizing tool is by far one of the best discovery in the world of SEO ( content marketing). I will highly recommend this tool to everyone who to excel in the work of SEO/ content marketing.

What do you dislike?

Its nothing about dislike, but this is a small suggestion. Sometimes, I see in inbound link analysis, it shows link lost or bad, suspect link. But, the actual link is not lost or a bad link. It would be great, if this can be fixed. I can understand its all about the algorithm.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend to everyone who to thrive in SEO competitive word and stay ahead of your competitors.

Content tool, helped us optimize the content. Inbound link analysis tool helps us stay ahead of the competitors and understand their link building strategy, site explorer gave us insight into detailed links. Its a treasure for SEO.

cognitiveSEO review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Great tool for SEO"

What do you like best?

I use cognitive SEO on a daily basis. The competitive link analysis is great. It also has the ability to check broken/bad links. You can set up campaigns and follow all the links that your client currently has or has lost. You can follow competitors back links as well. Being able to find unlinked brand mentions for your brand.

With the competitive analysis you can compare your site to competitors and see what common domains you share and where your competitors may have links that you do not. It also shows places where your competitors may have content published.

Another feature is the back link explorer. You can enter any website and see all the back links for that website.

What do you dislike?

The load time when adding competitors to campaigns can take some time, which can be a pain. Only being able to add a certain number of competitors per campaign, unless you buy the premium version of the site.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this tool for anyone in the SEO field. It really helps to build a better website in terms of SEO. I use this tool on a daily basis and would be lost without it.

Finding better places for links and lost links. Being able to follow what competitors are doing and piggyback off their links if you want.

cognitiveSEO review by Mark Alan W.
Mark Alan W.

"Great Software -Tons of Support friendly and can do attitudes "

What do you like best?

I like the fact that there are videos available to learn from and that the support staff help out wherever they can

What do you dislike?

So much information to take in - in places there could be drop down boxes explaining what a particular graph is for - its all new to me

Recommendations to others considering the product

The helpdesk is very available and know their stuff - use them as much as you are able!

my huge unnatural link problem and the negative influence that some google updates have had on my SEO

cognitiveSEO review by Peter M.
Peter M.

"Amazing SEO Tool for Any Level "

What do you like best?

Cognitive SEO Tool is one of the tools that launched my business into Full Time, I am looking to hire staff now becuause of what this tool can do. Never has been a time like this to get into SEO Consulting I use along with SEMRush for my SEO Full Time Business Now. Before this tool came out I was on page 2-4 on average. Now CognitiveSEO is a Solution to Keep in your Toolbelt. CognitiveSEO Represents 50% of my SEO Toolbox.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at all. Maybe hide it from the other SEO Experts LOL

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the 2 week trial, you will rank. No if''s and or butts about it

Dominating SERPS

cognitiveSEO review by Ryan A.
Ryan A.

"Great Visual Representation of Links"

What do you like best?

I love Cognitive's visual representation of links. It's fantastic for comparing growth over time & being able to visually show this to people involved in the efforts. It's just really helpful for gaining a better perspective of how things have progressed. A perfect example of how a picture is worth a thousand words.

What do you dislike?

I hate that Cognitive often requires submitting user name & password twice in a row before allowing you to log in. Glitch?

It helps direct link growth efforts.

cognitiveSEO review by Ronald D E.
Ronald D E.

"More actionable data than other services"

What do you like best?

The content assistant is something that other tools don't offer

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. Everything is logically laid out in the proper order

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the trial and see if it's right for you

The ability to find missing keywords on my site, for better rankings. I have not only increased my rankings but ranked for more keywords on the same page

cognitiveSEO review by Alexander v.
Alexander v.

"Allround SEO tool"

What do you like best?

The very best thing is its backlink analysis which I have been using on a weekly basis for several years now.

The ranktracking option is useful and the recently added content performance tool looks like a game changer to me and I am actively trying it out with a number of domains.

What do you dislike?

nothing in particular comes to mind, so all good really

Cleaning up spammy backlink profiles.

Tracking keyword rankings

Improving content and as a consequence seeing improved rankings

cognitiveSEO review by Guilherme K.
Guilherme K.

"Great tool for SEO analytics"

What do you like best?

Cost/benefits is great.

You receive really good data in a budget sollution.

Most of the other deep tools will start a price that will hurt your budget.

CognitiveSEO starts in such a good price.

What do you dislike?

Until now I don't have a lot to complain.

Hmmm...maybe I have one.

Their Keyword tool looks like to be a really good one, but it do not support portuguese language yet. Which is not good in my case.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keyword rankings and backlinks analysys.

cognitiveSEO review by Ryan A.
Ryan A.

"Great set of SEO tools"

What do you like best?

The consistent weekly crawling for competitive links, automated reports, and disavow sheets all in one place! Also the new content analysis tool is really amazing!

What do you dislike?

It just feels wonky and dated... its a great tool, but it's interface is not the best UX. Also, their HQ is in Romania which makes customer support a bit difficult here in the states.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for better offsite analysis of your website and an understanding on how you are going to start gaining links for it, cognitiveSEO is for you!

The content analysis tool has really been taking our content revamping to a new level... where is your content gap? This tool can help uncover that!

cognitiveSEO review by Sławek C.
Sławek C.

"The best and most intuitive tools for check backlinks of competitive"

What do you like best?

In first time i knowed how to used it. List of backlinks is very helpfull because there are many filters and method of sorting and of course export. I love it. After one week i knew that i will extend my subscription for next months

What do you dislike?

They should indexing backlinks faster and more freshness

Following sites of comptetiton

Checking how is good my content for position in google

Research of keywords

cognitiveSEO review by Shachar S.
Shachar S.

"Best seo reports i ever used"

What do you like best?

helps me keep all my projects in control

What do you dislike?

better mobile or mobile app support could really help

Recommendations to others considering the product

very recommended

many project running and monitoring on the same time is a real mess and time taking. after started to use cognitiveseo i really saved lot of time monitoring my projects!

cognitiveSEO review by Bingo V.
Bingo V.

"Checking Software"

What do you like best?

I like the the interface. It's easy enough to understand with options.

What do you dislike?

I"m liking what I see so far. I had a couple of questions, but the support team answered those quickly and properly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Useful if you learn the platform. The support is consistent, they offer one on one training, and webinars to guide you.

I use cognitiveSEO mostly for for onsite optimization.

cognitiveSEO review by marine c.
marine c.

"A mandatory tool for any SEO aficionado"

What do you like best?

Cognitive SEO is very useful tool for improving my website and the reach of our products. It's a complete suite and I'm very fond of the new keyword tool and content assistant.

What do you dislike?

The limitation of credits per user, I would like an unlimited version.

Ranking optimization, content optimization, keyword research, link analysis, gap analysis...

cognitiveSEO review by Michael P.
Michael P.

"After Having Used Just About All Link Marketing/Management Tools, Cognitive Wins"

What do you like best?

Historical link data, combined with fresh link data and the way it is presented are unparalleled. Price wise, my team is getting the most bang for its' buck. Customer support is incredible. They are very open to feature suggestions and have implemented several that have been requested in the past 12 months. The unnatural link detection tool(used to avoid or remove penalties) comes in very handy.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike here. They continue to add functionality at an acceptable pace.

Link acquisition. If you are reading this review, this is probably the number one feature you are interested in. My team lives in this tool throughout the day.

cognitiveSEO review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Outsourcing/Offshoring
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Outsourcing/Offshoring

"Cognitve SEO Insights"

What do you like best?

Keyword rank tracking is accurate, Great tool in monitoring our website and competitors ranking. As well as the content visibility is shows which post has more social media visibility which we can use for remarketing.

What do you dislike?

I like the inbound link analysis because we can acquired competitors links however there are times that is shows link lost even if they are still live.

We get potential backlinks and increase branding with those websites where users can be our potential clients.

cognitiveSEO review by Mukesh B.
Mukesh B.

"Awesome Tool for Website Audit"

What do you like best?

I like most inBound Link Analysis. That is awesome and provide you full backlinks report.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing in that tool I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Must try once, awesome tool.

I am trying to find the link building opportunities for my client website. With this tool, I have done a lot of competitors research and find high-quality authoritative links. Content Visibility is also great. That really helps to track the performance of the content over the internet.

cognitiveSEO review by François P.
François P.

"Great app & awesome people"

What do you like best?

The app is great, but support is amazing. Razvan and his team are quick and helpful.

What do you dislike?

Pricing is a little high fo my use, but pricing is competitive (i'm just cheap).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it.

Link analysis, link profile, competitor backlinks

cognitiveSEO review by Agency in Internet
Agency in Internet

"Bad customer service. Being charged for unused services"

What do you like best?

Could be a good tool if it was not filled with errors and the customer service was ok.

What do you dislike?

Lots of errors and have been charged more than agreed. Customer service have made no effort to rectify the situation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They need to review how they treat clients. I could of been a long term customer if not treated so rudely.

None.. Costing me money for no benefit.

cognitiveSEO review by Tjerk T.
Tjerk T.

"Great experience"

What do you like best?

The overview of my pageranking and the linkbuilding tool

What do you dislike?

The fact that you need to add the keywords for mobile and desktop separately.

Score better in the Google using correct content

cognitiveSEO review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Good ROI"

What do you like best?

Content Optimization. Allows me to evaluate kw's and competition and then create more relevant content

What do you dislike?

Use of credits. Confusing. Easy to burn through them. Doesn't save work when optimizing content so if you have to come back to it and you are logged out you're starting all over.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use of credits

Optimization of content.

cognitiveSEO review by Amir K.
Amir K.

"Great tool for seo analysis"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and the automatic reports...

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. It had more tools than i needed

Haven’t used any other tool yet. However cognitive is relatively easy to use.

It helped me recover from an seo hack.

Highly recommended.

cognitiveSEO review by Administrator in Chemicals
Administrator in Chemicals

"Most probably the most complex SEO tool"

What do you like best?

the fact that it has almost everything that you might need

What do you dislike?

it could get more user friendly. It's not very intuitive, I had to see the tutorials.

optimizing the web shop for search engines

cognitiveSEO review by User

"The best"

What do you like best?

The linking map.. show you for anyone to understand clear

What do you dislike?

the menu is little unclear, and for another country is little expensive

linking

cognitiveSEO review by Raphael C.
Raphael C.

"good SEO tool"

What do you like best?

easy to use and a simple way to access data and compare with the competition

What do you dislike?

delay with the processing date with the current days

competition analysis

cognitiveSEO review by Tomasz M.
Tomasz M.

"Great tool"

What do you like best?

For me the best feature are deep backlinks analysis.

What do you dislike?

UX of admin pane is little bit difficult.

I just started to organize my backlins.

cognitiveSEO review by Consultant in Internet
Consultant in Internet

"Best tool for SEO's technics"

What do you like best?

backlinks historical charts, link and domaine influence.

What do you dislike?

the content visibility is not very intuitive

very useful to find unnatural links

cognitiveSEO review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Good Experience"

What do you like best?

Unnatural link detection is the best thing in this tool.

What do you dislike?

Not able to crawl all links and not able to take exact anchor texts of those links.

we want to rank our website and drive traffic to our website with the help of this tool, but this tool is helpful only with unnatural link detection.

cognitiveSEO review by Alexis S.
Alexis S.

"MOST AMAZING BACKLINK ANALYSIS AVAILABLE "

What do you like best?

I have never seen such insight from any other software on the market.

What do you dislike?

nothing

analysis

cognitiveSEO review by Consultant in Leisure, Travel & Tourism
Consultant in Leisure, Travel & Tourism

"Best Tools To Find Unnatural Links"

What do you like best?

cognitiveseo sure help me to find unnatural links to prevent google spam..awesome tools..i recommend to cognitiveseo

What do you dislike?

No dislike, general it was good no issued

unnatural links

Learning about cognitiveSEO?

* We monitor all cognitiveSEO reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Categories