cognitiveSEO

Benchmark and Outrank Your SEO Competition.

Work for cognitiveSEO?

Ask cognitiveSEO a Question
Showing 35 cognitiveSEO reviews
cognitiveSEO review by <span>Daniel D.</span>
Daniel D.

Advanced set of SEO tools and metrics with TONS of data and charts

What do you like best?

Good set of core metrics drawing largely from Majestic SEO (but far beyond just Majestic's metrics), keyword classification, and risk algorithms. Good analysis quotas for link numbers and total reports (FAR better than Link Detox/LRT). Also many other useful SEO tools for keyword research and content optimization.

Currently Cognitive SEO is both cheaper and better (more features, tools, and metrics) than Link Research Tools/LinkDetox which makes them the best option on the market for link risk analyses, at least for experienced SEOs. As a second tier analysis tool, it far outclasses the basic link index/data services like Ahrefs, Majestic, and Moz/OSE and already integrates some of these services' data.

What do you dislike?

- Risk algorithms are less transparent than Link Detox, particularly for the csv export (for those like myself who prefer working from excel over the clunky online web tool). Definitely something they could easily improve on and hopefully do.

- There is no ad hoc analyses feature for assessing metrics on a given list of links (rather than a website's link profile).

- Limited upsells like Google malware listing status and Google indexation check for links is not part of the basic analysis and very costly so I just do this in-house. Hopefully not a practice they expand on since this business practice is what has made their top risk analysis competitor, Link Detox/Link Research Tools, almost completely useless for any company except a large agency.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a data nerd, this is a powerful service for single-site or multi-site link analyses that outclasses the big competition. It also has good keyword research and content analysis tools, although it lacks an ad-hoc link analysis feature.

- Google penalty prevention and recovery (both manual penalties and algorithm penalties): the main focus of my business.

- Competitor analysis (VERY powerful comparison features)

- Keyword research

- Improving existing on-site content (new promising content tool)

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about cognitiveSEO
cognitiveSEO review by <span>Enrique C.</span>
Enrique C.

Good SEO tool, specially for backlinks analysis

What do you like best?

It is a tool completely focused on linkbuiilding, both outgoing and internal links of a web, leaving aside everything else as ranked keywords (more typical of SEMrush) or organic traffic (more typical of SISTRIX). It is different from Majestic. With it you can know the speed of entry of your incoming links.

What do you dislike?

On the one hand, the price. It is a slightly expensive tool if you only want to control a couple of websites or if you have very few clients. But you will amortize it fast if you work with enough websites or you have many clients. The second drawback is its complexity. It is a tool that is hard to handle a bit at first and requires some time to get used to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend you take the 15 days trial and see if the tool meets your requirements

Basically we use it for linkbuilding, although it also has utility for analyzing content and tracking keywords.

What SEO solution do you use?

cognitiveSEO review by <span>Josep L.</span>
Josep L.

Prevent peridiocal Negative SEO and improve keyword ranking.

What do you like best?

We started using it after detecting a huge negative SEO attack. It helped us not only to take control of backlinks and recovering from periodical attacks, also helped us improving the contents and giving ideas analyzing contents from other website. Good website application usability.

What do you dislike?

It covers about 80-90% of our needs. At the begining you have a lot of features and for us what quite difficult to take control of what really we needed. They provide a 1-2 hour meeting where they explain most common features what is really welcome. After some weeks you get more control and what initially you expend 6-8 hours you do in 1 hour, considering the SEO complexity itself, I think the learning courve is acceptable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have tested a lot of SEO tools in deep and you will not find on all of them all the features you need and probably if you find something that covers all your cases will not be so deep as you need. If you are looking for backlinks control, keyword ranking in combination with content building analysis tools this is one of the best and easiest to be used I found.

You can also compare your global position with your competidors and following - more or less - what are they doing, the backlinks what have more influence etc... in combination with website explorer tool what I prefer for punctual strategies. For me following weekly backlinks is much hard rather than find more qualified and where are they ( this option provides us ideas and understading new ways of promotion ).

Finally these tools need to expend some hours to take control and more for understanding what are you looking for and on what are you really might be interested. All depends on your real needs, sometimes you ignore what are they and for what you should looking for.

Unfortunately we have periodicaly Negative SEO Attacks ( it's a very tedious scenario what each year it repeats again an again in a specific months, usually when there's more commercial activity, not casual scenario ), it help us to take control on it. Also helped us on contents analysis and rank position.

cognitiveSEO review by <span>Lukasz R.</span>
Lukasz R.

Awesome tool for people who know how to SEO

What do you like best?

Integration and analysis of the data from other sources - key selling point in CognitiveSEO for me is how visual is the data and how you can go from diagrams/trees/charts to raw data. Disavow generator is really nice, competition comparison too. Also they've just added content analysis tool which kicks ass! I can throw away few other tools and use only this one for most of my SEO needs.

Nowadays there are a lot of large tools, integrating a lot of features that everyday SEO expert needs - you're probably aware of MajesticSEO, Ahrefs, Moz, etc. but Cognitive is one, that gives you access to all this data and more, and i have a feeling, that it's a bit underrated by s SEO community. If you're looking for SEO tool, that works FAST, is reliable, supports many countries and will analyse data for you - give it a try.

Did i mention API? You can access the data programatically and add Cognitive to your automation workflow - which could be very useful and save you money on integrating the data yourself.

What do you dislike?

Could use a bit of onboarding experience - i can imagine that it's pretty hard for new users to use this tool - when you're SEO pro, you'll know what to look for, but for business owner, i think it has a little bit to steep learning curve.

Content analysis, competition analysis, growing organic traffic

cognitiveSEO review by <span>Michael M.</span>
Michael M.

New user and I think it's a terrific product

What do you like best?

I did trials for a few SEO services and CognitiveSEO was the only one I considered becoming a paying customer for and it wasn't remotely close. Generally what I love most about it is that it's simple to use and intuitively gives me everything I could want in a product like this and then some. And there's a new keyword tool that optimizes content you write for keywords. That, which wasn't even there during my trial, is an amazing tool that basically is worth the price of admission itself. I feel like this product is going to work so well for me in beating my competition I almost feel bad for them. Almost.

What do you dislike?

I haven't seen anything so far I haven't liked. I'm not 100% sure on exactly how thorough the crawl works for finding links but I'm not sure those are ever fully accurate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product offers a terrific product that also gives you that small company special attention. Best of both worlds.

I love being able to see ideas for links from my competitors, I love knowing how to optimize my written content (including my home page which I now know wasn't very optimized), it's great to be able to track progress with my rankings, and it's great to be able to see social media information.

cognitiveSEO review by <span>Nikki Marjorie C.</span>
Nikki Marjorie C.

An amazing all-around tool for SEO

What do you like best?

CognitiveSEO's strength lies in its ability to deliver complete, in-depth data in an easily understandable manner. Its tools are equally simple to use, and covers a wide array of disciplines in SEO. Right now though, I'm really loving their new keyword tool & content assistant feature. If only its uses were unlimited! <3 Anyways, I've I found that it's very, very effective. So much so that our team has decided it's worht a review on our site as soon as our testing is officially complete.

What do you dislike?

The UI looks & feels a little antiquated, though that's a very minor personal nitpick. It's still effective nevertheless.

Recommendations to others considering the product

CognitiveSEO is great for both beginners and experts alike - those who want to have a deep insight into how their sites are performing will definitely get what they paid for with this.

The linkbuilders within our team sometimes report that CognitiveSEO may mark certain links as lost even if they're not. I cannot fully attest to this "bug" but it does happen pretty often if it's true.

As for its benefits, it's a great tool for both experts and beginners alike. I've learned a lot re:SEO from using this along with SEMRush when I first started earlier this year, and the same is still true even now.

Learning about cognitiveSEO?

* We monitor all cognitiveSEO reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Categories