Colleague by Ellucian

3.3

As a versatile higher education ERP, Colleagueby Ellucian unites your entire institution to keep students, faculty, and staff productive and engaged.

Work for Colleague by Ellucian?

Learning about Ellucian?

Colleague by Ellucian Reviews

Ask Ellucian a Question
Showing 50 Ellucian reviews
Ellucian review by User

"Big Solution for Big Organizations"

What do you like best?

It's usually fast to load screens and easy to use once you memorize some steps and navigation paths. It's great that it can communication with other software to link data from another program to profiles on Colleague, even though it's unfortunate that this only works when using certain (outdated) browsers such as Internet Explorer and not ones like Chrome or Firefox. I like that you can personalize the colour of the app.

What do you dislike?

Complicated navigation; requires memory to find pages or if you have never used a page before, you need to know exactly what acronym to search for. Would be better if it didn't lock out users if someone else is in the file, but I understand the rational for that. It's annoying that the "update" box pops up every time you save out. Should be able to communicate with external programs when using more browsers and not just Internet Explorer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent for managing large quantities of data that needs to be easily accessed by many people in an organization.

Easy, multi-purpose system for student data and program tracking. Can communicate with other software for connected solutions.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Colleague by Ellucian
Ellucian review by User in Higher Education

"Colleague experience in an academic setting"

What do you like best?

Once learned, it is efficient, the software can do many different features including budget management, and keeping up with student data and course data. After you have mastered certain features, it is very easy to input data and have it available for everyone who needs it in the organization.

What do you dislike?

Very difficult software to learn. It is not user friendly or intuitive. If there were step by step tutorials available for the software it would greatly improve the experience. When using it, especially for student data records, there were often little things that would cause errors, and if you did not input the information in the right order it could mess up the whole transaction. Search features are also not great - you have to be very specific with what you are searching for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a software that can do a lot of different things, but make sure your company has someone experienced to train others.

I am using this product in an academic setting, to manage budgets and create requisitions for PO's. I have also utilized this software for student registrations and data entry and management for a course catalog. It is very good if you have a company that needs to access a lot of information across the board. However it is sometimes difficult to find the information unless you know specifically what you are looking for.

What Higher Education Student Information Systems solution do you use?

Ellucian review by Krysta W.
Krysta W.

"Helpful but not Intuitive"

What do you like best?

Great for storing info and holding my students permissions/ registration, but not good at having a list or prompting options for forms.

What do you dislike?

The lack of ease: for example, there is a lot of memorization required to use for student accounts that aren't easy to remember (i.e. granting permissions/waivers). It would be more helpful if you could search a list of codes/forms instead of having to know them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you wither input your abbreviations/add-on a way to look up what forms/options you have for users. It will be especially useful for training and new-hires.

Registering/ updating/Looking up student accounts. Benefits include: accessing accounts of my students without having them physically in my office or logging in as them,

Ellucian review by Jered S.
Jered S.

"Your worst nightmare until you learn the backdoor tricks."

What do you like best?

It is hard to find something that I do like about this product. I will say that once you learn all the quarks, it becomes easier to work with. The screens that do display the information are very clear, once you are able to get to where you need to go. Unfortunately, the product fails to deliver on their promise to made managing student profiles easier.

What do you dislike?

Ellucian claims that this product is able to communicate with all of their other platforms, recruit, advise, but I find that is the lest accurate claim. There are continuous communication problems between the platforms and lost of student information.

Colleague has many different information screens that hold various different important student information, you have to hop between multiple screens just to find the answer to a single questions.

The platform is not user friendly and unless you know all the shortcut codes, this product will be your worst enemy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are far better platforms that manage student in better ways.

The problems of managing student profiles and being able to access information, still lingers. Colleague was proposed as a one product meet all, but you will quickly learn you need all of the Ellucian platforms to be effective in all areas of student management.

Ellucian review by Jamie S.
Jamie S.

"Colleague is a completely integrated campus solution"

What do you like best?

There are many products that fall under Colleague. We use Student, Financials, HR, and Advancement. They are tied together by Core which contains demographic information shared by all of the modules. You only have to update a record in one place and that takes care of the entire platform. Our students are able to take advantage of their web based products, too.

What do you dislike?

Ellucian, formerly Datatel, is behind the curve when it comes to it's interface. Although they have made great gains in the past few years, their interface is not as modern as it should be

We use Colleague to track everything about a student from the time we start recruiting them. That includes demographics, high school and college academics, communications, financial aid, student accounts, residence life, NCAA compliance, etc. Eventually we convert them to Advancement where they are alumni. Their alumni information is linked with their student information and even donation information. We are able to bring that all together in one software package.

Ellucian review by User in Higher Education

"Great product- very customizable as well"

What do you like best?

I like that we can personalize Colleague UI to add forms that make our work flow more efficient and faster. We have so much information in this platform from student/employee records to all the bills we pay on a weekly basis. It is not too hard to learn how to run reports, I think that's a big plus.

What do you dislike?

the only thing I can think of is that the new Colleague UI 5 is a bit slower than the older version, I'm used to going at a certain pace and now the program freezes. I just have to remember to go a little bit slower. but the new features with the upgrade make it still worth it to switch.

Recommendations to others considering the product

give it a try is a nice platform and very customizable and easy to use. Our IT department has done a great job supporting this and their relationship with the support from Colleague has been great as well.

we can run reports and recently we were able to incorporate it with our new expense management software. We can easily find records and pull very detailed information of our financial transactions.

"Love this SIS!"

What do you like best?

I've used Colleague for many years, and then left the higher ed institution who used it to go to a different one that used Banner. I'm now back at an institution that uses Colleague and I'm thrilled. The user experience is more common-sense than other SIS out there. While it may take some getting used to, once you do, everything becomes second nature.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that some screens you can type the name and go right into it, and some you have to remember to put the application before it (ex. st-IASU instead of just IASU). It's frustrating when trying to get something done.

Colleague is a system that everyone on campus can use to solve database needs, between HR, Financial Services, Enrollment, etc. When dealing with the student record, everything that front line staff need is available in just a few simple screens (or able to be found by detailing in on one particular screen), so it makes helping the student quicker and easier for everyone.

Ellucian review by User in Higher Education

"Disappointed by the current version"

What do you like best?

I used this product back when it was under a different name and was a dos based product. I like the changes and the zoom features as well as the color choice options. There are still quite a few keyboard shortcuts which are also appreciated.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how slow the newest version is. I am currently still using the 4.5 version as it will take me 1-2 minutes to enter in a file but with the newer version with how slow it is and the freezing it is closer to 5 minutes sometimes longer. May not seem like a huge difference but it is when entering 50-100 files a day during busy season.

We use it as our main database for all our clients and vendors.

Ellucian review by Diana Y.
Diana Y.

"Seems ok, but could use some revamping"

What do you like best?

I can look up a student and their academics, level, degree, and current coursework. Seems to be good start to organizing international student information and data but some features may need improvement.

What do you dislike?

Some features should be listed (more tabs), such as if the student is designated as an international, permanent resident, US citizen, etc. This is critical to my line of work since I work with international student information and management of their enrollment that can affect their legal status.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Essentially it does help look up, evaluate, and check students and track their course history and grades, but it could be much simpler in format layout and better functional tools to use.

Realized that sometimes it takes awhile to load, and navigating through the tabs can be confusing initially, so the interface seems intuitive, but not always.

Ellucian review by Vonnie D.
Vonnie D.

"Colleague - Cumbersome but Improving"

What do you like best?

I appreciate the ease of logging into the system and searching for pertinent data related to students in our university. Also the relative ease of completing cash receipting sessions for financial reconciliation.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the seeming proprietary limits to Internet Explorer to log into the system when I rarely use the browser for anything else. It has been problematic in my department. It has improved over the years, but my impressions of Colleague were shaped by frustration with its "clunky" environment. I'm not sure how else to say it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to shop around and make decisions based on what other systems your organization uses and whether Colleague will "speak the same language" as the other databases/software. Will it dovetail with other systems you wish to keep? Get lots of recommendations and don't make a quick decision with such a product that will impact your organization for years/decades to come.

Keeping reconciled to the university's GL accounts from all departments has been useful, as everyone is accountable to this one database for Financial reconciliation and audits.

Ellucian review by Lindsay H.
Lindsay H.

"I like it, but too slow at times."

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to search for what I'm looking for and the way information is displayed. I like that I can make the window bigger or smaller to see better. I also like that you can change the settings in order to keep the context open or closed as I switch windows.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it works somewhat slow most of the time and at times is very slow. Also sometimes it'll freeze, not very often, but it happens. And I don't like how sometimes when it freezes, when I close it and open it back up, it won't let me see the information I need because it says it's locked by me. :/

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just be patient. Specially when it acts slow.

It allows me to search students records with ease. There are many windows that allow me to view different aspects of a students file, to better serve them and answer their question.

Ellucian review by Lauren R.
Lauren R.

"Colleague? Datatel?"

What do you like best?

It is simple to find student ID numbers in this software.

What do you dislike?

I do not like how consistently there has been change within this company. It was formerly named datatel and with each new change it feels as though I am thrown off.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I do enjoy this software. It has enabled us to keep track of our student's information easily, but is also a bit buggy at times and we often have issues with the software of it.

We are able to use this software to better manage student ID and demographic information.

Ellucian review by User in Higher Education

"Colleague by Ellucian to keep students, faculty, and staff actively engaged and integrated. "

What do you like best?

What I like best about Colleague Ellucian is that advisors and students can utilize the software to build their course schedule and see the progress of the student as they go along each semester. Students can also access to their financial aid information in a user friendly environment.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about Colleague by Ellucian is that the interface is not very intuitive. It takes time to learn how to use it and to understand it's capabilities.

Colleague by Ellucian allows for an integrated self-software allows students to build a school course schedule under student planning, allows Financial Aid students access to their information, while also allowing advising staff to view and modify information as needed.

"Colleague Advancement"

What do you like best?

While Colleague Advancement is not as stream-lined as other like software, it does have a plethora of information that is stored for each constituent. It is not the most user friendly, but once the end user figures out some basic screens to find information, it is easy to go through different screens and find out more about their history, relationships both to people and organizations, giving history, wealth screening information, address history, academic history, and many other things that are useful to both the end user fundraisers as well as the administrators who are pulling reports for other offices.

The merger with Ellucian seems like it has and will continue to improve what is available for Colleague Advancement customers, and their yearly conference is a great source of information and new ideas for how to best utilize Colleague Advancement for a variety of data, reporting, and fundraising needs.

What do you dislike?

Many users who come into our organization after using a different fundraising database struggle to get up to speed with Colleague Advancement. They are not used to not being able to pull their own reports, which adds some additional time and waiting. While Colleague does have a plethora of information, it is difficult to pull that information out with the reporting tools that are available and therefore there is a lot of going back and forth with report requests. This issue may change as new reporting software is introduced and utilized.

Right now, we're trying to better utilize the payroll deduction function as well as the campaign function. Having a better understanding and process for payroll deductions will increase giving and having a better understanding and process for the campaign tree function will provide better information about how donations are coming in.

Ellucian review by Amber T.
Amber T.

"Colleague Feels Outdated"

What do you like best?

It remembers whatever reports/forms I pull so I only have to start typing the start of it before it recognizes what I'm looking for. I also like the keyboard shortcuts, once I was actually able to figure them out. Beyond that, there's nothing that stands out to say that I like, let alone that I like "BEST". It gets the job done, but I can't say it happens in an efficient manner.

What do you dislike?

Not at all intuitive. I'm also unaware of how to save the report information I want to pull each month so that I don't have to re-type everything each time. It just has a very outdated feel to it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look elsewhere. Colleague is not the software for you.

I'm pulling financial reports and information on students. I'm not sure there are any benefits other than the keyboard shortcuts that make it a bit easier/faster to use.

Ellucian review by Marylin O.
Marylin O.

"Perfect Organization Database"

What do you like best?

I like the facility to access information

What do you dislike?

I dislike it’s confusing at first. It takes a while to navigate and know what you’re doing

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would like a quick tutorial to be implemented for the people who learn by doing rather than in a manual.

It helps find a profile rather quickly and all the information is there.

Ellucian review by Jordan Reed H.
Jordan Reed H.

"Ellucian Colleague"

What do you like best?

It it an easy to use platform that I was able to easily adapt to when beginning to use it.

What do you dislike?

It can sometimes be very slow depending on which code you are processing.

We use Colleague as an institution-wide way to track and process information. It allows users to do multiple steps of a report at once.

"Use it daily"

What do you like best?

Tabs are easy to navigate. Finding student information is fast.

What do you dislike?

Last names with spaces in between or hyphenated last names are always troublesome in a search. When having to decide how Ellucian would prefer the name to be entered (with/without a space, with or without a hyphen), valuable time is eaten up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If a person has a common last name, considering searching with their first and last name for faster search results.

Colleague allows me to quickly call up student information pages for fast and accurate data entry.

Ellucian review by User in Higher Education

"Easy to use across multiple departments"

What do you like best?

The program is relatively easy to use with drop down boxes that are simple to understand. It also helpful that accounts can be flagged and/or locked out for various situations like non-payment (etc).

What do you dislike?

You cannot open two accounts at the same time. Also, a single account cannot be checked by two users at the same time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, you'll probably find uses for it.

It makes student management easier across numerous departments. It manages thousands of student and employee accounts. The program is also compatible with statistic pulling software and search programs.

"Not great"

What do you like best?

As an end-user, the reports are useful and the speed of reporting is adequate.

What do you dislike?

Although both our financial and payroll systems are running Colleague, the financial reports do not include encumbrances for salaries (!!), making it effectively useless as an end-user. Apparently we need to purchase yet another "module" of the software to link the payroll and financial reporting systems. In other words, a shake-down.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't listen to the salespeople, they don't know what their software is actually capable of doing. Speak to other users before making a decision, and be sure that you understand all of the various "modules" you'll require to meet your expectations.

Colleague was brought in to replace a mish-mash of home-grown systems. It has been a long and costly transition, but Colleague is certainly more robust than the older systems.

Ellucian review by Kristen D.
Kristen D.

"I was a user of ellucian banner for 1 year in a university setting."

What do you like best?

I liked the user friendliness and that all information that I worked with was on one screen for me to view.

What do you dislike?

I disliked the 'key codes' that I had to use or remember. I had a list that I just laminate and put on my desk and that was fine. I know there were ways to put in short cuts to those that made sense to the user but never had training to do that.

We are trying to make recruitment and enrollment as easy as possible for the university. We are able to have all important information and notes about the student in one accessible area for the whole campus which is amazing!

"Behind the times"

What do you like best?

Simply having student information in a cross-campus database is better than not having anything. Does remove some paper processes.

What do you dislike?

Colleague is woefully outdated, and the basic product that I understand most colleges are still on isn't being supported, in an effort by Ellucian to get customers for more modern SIS/CRM platforms.

It doesn't integrate with many other platforms, particularly the out-of-box integrations needed by understaffed colleges. This leaves many of the updates to be made manually.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're going to get the most out of Colleague, using an Ellucian CRM platform is a must. Of course, there are far better CRM options, which makes it a tough call.

Management of student records across campus, beginning with admissions and following through to the alumni/advancement office.

Ellucian review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Makes record keeping easier, but lag time is a problem"

What do you like best?

It doesn't take long to become familiar with Colleague's shortcuts and acronyms for the different pages. It's nice that it's customizable.

What do you dislike?

The lag time interrupts efficiency and occasionally it shuts down without warning.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would wait to switch until they know what the updated system will look like.

We use colleague for accurate student record keeping and it does do that well. Colleague works well with other programs used for similar purposes helping us find errand fix errors in data.

Ellucian review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Colleague by Ellucian-Use at a community college."

What do you like best?

I like the ease of input of scholarship awards. There are also screens that are customized solely for my institution that help us generate specific reports needed.

What do you dislike?

There are some screens that could be improved so that manual entry could be simplified. Also some reports take a long time to generate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ellucian can be customized to create reports specifically for your institution if needed.

Colleague by Ellucian is a database that houses information for any student or employee of my community college, even former students or employees. I specifically use the database when awarding students scholarships. Without a database like this there wouldn't be a way to keep up with the thousands of people we serve.

Ellucian review by User in Higher Education

"Less Intimdating Than it Looks"

What do you like best?

I like having access to so much information within one system. Once you know how to navigate Colleague it can become a goldmine of information.

What do you dislike?

The look of Colleague is horrendous. It looks like a dated software package, if it was customizable and brought into the modern tech age it would be on fire.

Having one software package is convenient when assisting students as they do not have to travel to different departments for assistance.

Ellucian review by User in Higher Education

"A little clunky but it gets the job done!"

What do you like best?

Colleague holds a lot of data and has multiple and flexible reporting options. It's easy to get the data out once it's in!

What do you dislike?

The interface is a little clunky, requiring lots of clicky boxes and tabs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The interface is a little old, which makes me wonder if there will be newer, more user friendly options coming out soon. I am a fairly new user and don't know much about this software! It works great though, once you get used to it.

We have a lot of users tracking a lot of data. Colleague helps us do this.

"Colleague - Datatel"

What do you like best?

It's fairly easy to use. you are able to search for information in a variety of ways.

What do you dislike?

Accounts are easily locked out with no simple way for the use to unlock the account without having to always escalate the issue to another department. There's no better way to migrate archive information over from a different database. Some mnemonics are too closely linked where issues in one can affect the other

Recommendations to others considering the product

Extensive training. Learning how that platform is affected by any other CRM software used.

the software was primarily used as an updated database for student and faculty information

Ellucian review by User in Higher Education

"Easy to use, once you learn your acronyms"

What do you like best?

Once you learn all the screens you need, it does become easy to find what you're looking for.

What do you dislike?

I wish it could interact with other programs easier.

Personally, I feel as though we are not using Colleague to it's full extent and feel as though it could fix some of the issue that we do have.

Ellucian review by Denis G.
Denis G.

"Good communications software for different departments"

What do you like best?

The ease of use the system provides and the ability of accessing the information from Microsoft SQL

What do you dislike?

It's web components are a little out of date

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are an ellucian client then it would be a good fit for you

We are solving our daily communications issues with the enrollment of students on campus

Ellucian review by User

"Inputting data for prospective students"

What do you like best?

Large database that is able to store multiple pieces of information about prospective students

What do you dislike?

Speed of the program. I opt to use the older version of the program as it does not freeze as much.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider a faster program

Multiple departments can use the same program to record information

Ellucian review by User in Higher Education

"It’ll always be Datatel to me!"

What do you like best?

How much comes free and you don’t have to pay extra for. Plus I love their support and hub for users to talk to each other and brain storm and come up with new ideas.

What do you dislike?

There really isn’t much. It’s a great system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go to a user conference in your area or the annual E-Live event. Make connections and get all your questions answered.

We’ve made great improvements in our processes with Ellucian Colleague. We’ve streamlined our Faculty Assignment Contract process and saved tons of time and money.

Ellucian review by User in Executive Office
User in Executive Office

"Underused"

What do you like best?

You can run lots of useful reports, and it works with PayPal to take credit cards.

What do you dislike?

It's cumbersome and simple tasks like printing take several steps. It acts like a DOS based system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you get support, our company has none.

It tracks students very well and organizes information. It’s a solid database for us.

Ellucian review by User

"Review of Colleague by Ellucian"

What do you like best?

The ability to store multiple pieces of information in one location that can be accessed by multiple departments

What do you dislike?

The speed of the program. Aesthetic updates are done that effect the speed of the program.

The ability to capture and record information on prospects, applicants, and alumni

"Mediocre"

What do you like best?

Colleague allows for multiple drill downs on customer info on a variety of categories. It allows for multiple inputs of select fields.

What do you dislike?

There is an inability to enter a record and view a constituents relationship record wirhout closing out of the record. Due to some other issues it crashes or freezes often enough to be noticable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The challenge is the previous system used. Raiser's Edge users are generally disappointed. However Colleague usually integrates with other college departments pretty good.

We can better communicate and interact with constituencies.

Ellucian review by User in Higher Education

"Useful system for Education Management"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the user-friendly environment created by Colleague

What do you dislike?

Running queries can be difficult if you're not a seasoned user.

I have been able to identify a group of students using Colleague in a manner I was unable to use with any other programs.

Ellucian review by J. Nicole W.
J. Nicole W.

"Ughhhhh"

What do you like best?

Ok, once you are trained on it, it's not the absolute worst but there really is no wiggle room on this one. You can't fake it 'til you make it either....you either know how to find what you're looking for or you don't!

What do you dislike?

Not intuitive, limiting in trying to retrieve info when you don't have all the pieces, limited opportunities for expanding functionality, just not that fun.

This product generally runs fine as a "backend" database when integrated with other products

"Database Managment"

What do you like best?

There are so many different functions depending on how you use it/what you are using it for. The versatility you get is nice and being able to give each user different rights is key.

What do you dislike?

Some functions take too many key strokes to complete. I don't want to hit enter 20 times just to submit a contact log.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The more you can learn about all its functions, the better off you will be!

Keeping things all in one place so that anyone can go in and look at the history of the person. Obviously people have to utilize it in order to see its benefits.

"Colleague for HR"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that it is integrated with other departments (modules)

What do you dislike?

Very little improvements in the areas of HR/Payroll. Mostly reactive. Also did not interact with other systems for many years. Example: no integration with applicant tracking systems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider the modules available. Also consider your data reporting needs vs reports provided by colleague!

We use Colleague as the employment system of record. Payroll is also processed through colleague.

Ellucian review by User in E-Learning
User in E-Learning

"It works well but it's not that user friendly"

What do you like best?

I do like that there are specific screens that give specific information however, the information is not always user friendly. I use it to check a student's grades and sometimes it's hard to tell what their status is or what grades they need to remediate.

What do you dislike?

See above. This is not always user friendly. It's hard to tell what a student's status is - the courses they hae taken are out of order - and I still have to go through everything manually.

I use Datatel to assist students, check their graduation date, check their GPA, etc.

Ellucian review by User in Higher Education

"colleague after razor's edge"

What do you like best?

I cannot say there's much I like about using colleague.

What do you dislike?

This platform seems limiting and antiquated.

Basic database storage for higher education constituents.

"Review on Ellucian"

What do you like best?

The support team is always willing to set up training for your office and answer any question you may have.

What do you dislike?

Our IT department deals with Ellucian first hand, but on my end of things, I truly find their service helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

n/a

We use them for a cloud service. This helps us make sure our information is kept safe.

"Not so great."

What do you like best?

It works, but we are six colleges using the same system. It gets a bit slow.

What do you dislike?

It is very slow and is not the best for our type of set up. Perhaps that is why I don't really like it.

None.

Ellucian review by User in Higher Education

"Powerful system for the right size"

What do you like best?

This is the first SIS I've ever used, but I have to say that the standard has been set very high.

What do you dislike?

Not that it's necessary, but I would like to see more customizable options for the user besides background color and size.

Colleague is our go-to for everything. It's a great system for records and enrollments.

"Colleague works great"

What do you like best?

I like how it interacts with our Active Directory. Makes it easy to create accounts

What do you dislike?

There is a lot of custom coding. This can make it hard to configure

Its a one stop for creating users and adding them to all of our systems

"Great software"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to work on and how easy it is to navigate

What do you dislike?

Plain look. I wish it also was more customizable

Being able to communicate efficiently with other employees

Ellucian review by User in Higher Education

"Not the best option for your work"

What do you like best?

Really, i have used so may options of software and this is the worst

What do you dislike?

search functions, way you switch between screens, usability, ease of use and learning

easy to sync to other systems to get information across platforms

Ellucian review by User in Higher Education

"Colleague review for higher education"

What do you like best?

It is a pretty basic and simple software to learn to use.

What do you dislike?

It is not as intuitive as previous education software I've used. Other Ellucian products seem to have more capabilities.

The financial aid process

Ellucian review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Great program"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, intuitive, rarely freezes and navigates easily

What do you dislike?

Nothing- I've been very happy with the software

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent resource for record keeping purposes

Access to donor records and information. Ellucian helps keep our contact records readily available at our fingertips.

"Review of colleague"

What do you like best?

Ease of use if system. Colleague is easy to learn and self-intuitive.

What do you dislike?

Not as much detailed support documentation.

Timely awarding for financial aid packages, federal aid eligibility requirements.

"Ellucian"

What do you like best?

All student data is stored in one central location, but requires different screens.

What do you dislike?

Too many codes for the different screens.

Documenting various confidential info.

Learning about Colleague by Ellucian?

* We monitor all Colleague by Ellucian reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.