Commence CRM

Commence Corporation is a provider of Customer Relationship Management Software serving small to mid-size enterprises.

Work for Commence CRM?
Netsuite crm 2x.png

Learning about Commence CRM?

Commence CRM Reviews

Ask Commence CRM a Question
Showing 17 Commence CRM reviews
Commence CRM review by <span>Bob B.</span>
Bob B.

Commence - still the best

What do you like best?

Flexible - fits all small and midsized companies, multiple ways to use. I've used it over 21 years - people there are dependable and helpful. I organize my world into just 3 categories: everything is either a person, a company or an activity - and the number of connections between and among these 3 categories is infinite

What do you dislike?

Because it's extraordinarily adaptable with a gazillion options, you need a professional to help you plan what you want and how you want to use it. It's calendar functionality was degrated when the product upgraded to look like Outlook. It is still far better than Outlook or Google in connecting all activities people and companies for meetings and planning - but visually inferior . It's too bad - It wouldn't take much to fix.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've used it in my institutional broker-dealer, a county treasury division, and a 4 billion credit union. it has 4,000 companies, 6000 people and 17,000 activities - all calendared/ timestamped and connected. The speed for backing up is phenomenal - and it's search ability is faster than Google.

best contact manager ever

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Commence CRM
Commence CRM review by Executive Sponsor in Food Production
Executive Sponsor in Food Production

Great software, easy to customize

What do you like best?

Robust functionality and extremely easy to customize. Good reporting and analytics.

Technical support has been excellent

Great value half the cost of most competing solutions

What do you dislike?

Wish there was an interface to accounting systems

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very good all in one CRM solution that is scalable, easily customizable and ensures you will not outgrow the capabilities. Sales and lead management functions and reporting is clearly better than similar priced products. The support has been very good and has helped us get the most from the product. I recommend it.

Using it for the complete sales cycle from lead detection, qualification to customer service including ticket management, love that it is fully integrated with the other modules so we can have a complete service history for every customer right in front of us.

We even track suppliers with it and anything that needs to be managed oustide the traditional ERP systems.

What CRM solution do you use?

Commence CRM review by <span>Dorothy C.</span>
Dorothy C.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Commence has changed the way we do business

What do you like best?

Commence has customized every aspect of their program to meet our particular processes

What do you dislike?

We have made the decision to remain on a client bases system which requires regular syncing and has kept us from moving forward to more robust versions of the product. This results in lags in information sharing and additional support requirements for users who fail to sync regularly.

We are able to capture our interactions with our customers. We are able to classify accounts by their relationship with us and the sales process from lead to customer and to track our competitor pressures. We also maintain controlled documents and other literature in a single repository in Commence. We manage our sampling system and analysis requests. We use Commence to focus our marketing efforts in particular industries or product lines. We use it to distribute inquiries throughout the company.

Commence CRM review by User in Alternative Dispute Resolution
User in Alternative Dispute Resolution

Terrible....

What do you like best?

I am obliged to say I have nothing positive to say....

What do you dislike?

I am nearly the first of Commence customers--30 years or so ago. Their customer service is the opposite of "world class," in my view. I recently had a problem, was told that I had somehow failed to pay for a maintenance agreement last year, and it would therefore now cost me more than three times as much to have a maintenance agreement a year (forever)! This despite my three decades of having been a customer--and Commence's having provided me with tech support after their purported deadline by the person they say provided me with the notice to renew maintenance! Please do yourself a favor; Stay away--choose virtually anything else! I'm not a tech, and I'm--obviously--not young, but just consider: If they treat me this way....

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use something else.

Calendar and database

Commence CRM review by <span>Chris L.</span>
Chris L.

Implementing CRM solutions for SME's

What do you like best?

Commernce Desktop CRM has been our preferred choice ,for Building Custom CRM solutions for our SME clients ,for the Last 15 Years. It is a flexiple platform that allows a. the build of a system that works according to clients Business procedures (Not the other way around) and following the initial implementation a Client without special programming skills can continue to Evolve the CRM according to Future Needs ON-TIME and without Expensive outsourced Services. The Desktop Commence wraps around exisiting and familiar MS Office Ecosystem.

What do you dislike?

Commence Desktop is not naturally build on a standard SQL database and records coming from the outside world need to be imported. Having said that however in some cases the small and compact proprietary database is fast to backup and Runs. Also a WEB connetion would be desirable

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compile All your needs and choose the vesion that suits you best , if you need total flexibility go with the Desktop vesrion. Do also a financilal analysis to Determine the TCO .

Computerize Specific needs of SMES based on their Business Processes and Help to monitor progress continually improve efficiency through BPR (Business Process Reingineering).

Sectors covered.

Real Estate, Tennis Clubs, Gyms

Commence CRM review by <span>Nigel P.</span>
Nigel P.

Commence runs our business

What do you like best?

We have been using Commence for over 20 years and although we look at other apps from time to time, we have yet to find anything that is as complete a solution.

Our business is optimising workflow processes for our clients , therefore our own foundation revolves around strict processes and Commence can easily be moulded to meet these.

The synchronisation is excellent and the best of both worlds by allowing 100% functionality when away from the office and also when offline.

We recently upgraded to the latest Microsoft offerings and Commence just carried on working without modification. If only all apps did this.

What do you dislike?

There is a web hosted version of Commence called OnDemand which is excellent but not as powerfull as the RM edition which we use. The RM edition works great on Windows tablets but we would also like it to offer the same functionality on Andriod and Mac devices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at both the web and PC versions. Take time to see the amazing potential of RM, it will surprise you how far it will go and allow your business to grow without changing software.

we wanted an application that was Windows based and could be highly customised at minimal cost to meet our precise workflow processes. Although many applications claim to do this, Commence was the only one that truly did this without the need of expensive and time consuming programming.

Most of the customisation was completed by our own team and we only needed to call for expertise when it came to integration with 3rd party applications using the Commence API.

Learning about Commence CRM?

* We monitor all Commence CRM reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.