CommerceV3

CommerceV3 is a hosted e-commerce platform with serious power for serious merchants.

Work for CommerceV3?

Learning about CommerceV3?

CommerceV3 Reviews

Ask CommerceV3 a Question
Showing 12 CommerceV3 reviews
CommerceV3 review by <span>Father Seraphim W.</span>
Father Seraphim W.

"A great solution for our catalog/web company"

What do you like best?

We spent over a year shopping for an alternative to our old site and were very happy to discover Cv3. It's a great solution for a medium-sized company. Their design team did a great job, the functionality is very user friendly both for the customer and for us -- flexible and easy for us to administrate. We got a huge, long-lasting sales bump after we launched in the Fall of 2015. So far CV3 has been very progressive; at our request they added integration with Mail Chimp. They're now having conversations about integration with two global solutions companies who are prospects for that new marketing outreach for us.

What do you dislike?

Not much. Since, unlike Magento, etc., CV3 is a closed system, there are have been a few challenges with integration with various third parties, and potentially that can get very expensive on the CV3 side. But they've been very aware of our concerns about this and try to find customer-friendly (affordable) solutions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a medium-sized company with the same budget concerns as we had, this is a great choice -- the appearance and functionality matches the higher-dollar alternatives we looked into, and it's very easy to administrate.

See above out global solutions, MailChimp. The biggest benefit is the most obvious: increased browsing on our site and increased sales.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about CommerceV3
CommerceV3 review by <span>Anne R.</span>
Anne R.

"Best Platform when your shipping is complex!"

What do you like best?

CV3 is easy to implement, affordable, integrates with most back -end solutions and is truly the only website platform that handles complex shipping decisions - by type of product, where it is shipping and what it weighs. Netsuite can't do it, Shopify can''t do it, and I have spent hours researching others to find they probably can't handle it either.

Platform is very open to your modifications - support is good and they do suggest when you need to updates to keep GOOGLE happy. Again, the updates are affordable.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes hard to find a less used function in the admin area - but support can point the way - and knowledge base is always helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You are not a number at CV3 - they know you, and you know them. User conferences help us grow our business and let you match faces to the voices and people behind the emails. Great small company great for small e-commerce companies.

Benefits - affordable platform that is growing with us. Keeps my costs down so I can spend on marketing more than website redesign.

What E-Commerce Platforms solution do you use?

CommerceV3 review by <span>Shavonne V.</span>
Shavonne V.

"Pleased Overall with CommerceV3"

What do you like best?

We like having the ability to keep most of the site maintenance in house. We do not need to get a developer involved for many types of changes and updates. We are able to do a lot for ourselves with a slight technical expertise. We also love the MOM Builder feature and it's seamless integration with our Mail Order manager system. I would say overall our favorite feature of CV3 is their team. We have had issues and bugs here and there over the years and each time we were met with an incredibly helpful and timely response by both the support team and developers even the owners. They are truly great at the what they do.

What do you dislike?

There honestly isn't much that we don't like about CV3. The only sore spot for us is not being able to upload multiple tracking #'s for one order. We have many customers who place one order with multiple gift recipients and it would be helpful to us to be able to provide online tracking.

We have streamlined our online order to internal order processing process. We have also been able to eliminate the need for a good deal of outside technical support as CV3 makes it easy to maintain most things yourself with just a little technical knowledge.

CommerceV3 review by <span>Corey L.</span>
Corey L.

"Overall great ROI - appreciate the software, people and support!"

What do you like best?

The base set of features is about all most retailers would need. For unique situations, they can customize the functionality of the cart base on individual needs. There's not too many things that are off limits with the software. Most of if can be done on the customer side, but for projects that are closer to the source code they can usually make the modifications or help you figure out a work-around. For us, a lot of times it's a collaborative effort which I wonderful. I genuinely appreciate and like the folks. I consider them friends and they've introduced me to a fair amount of freelancers that have helped me grow my business and solve some really tough problems. The software is important; however, the human element is equally important especially when you have unique needs and no in-house developer.

What do you dislike?

I'd love an enterprise level support contract. I ask a lot of questions and they do a lot for me that falls within the regular service; however, there's times that I'd like more attention and by paying a bit more per month I wouldn't feel bad monopolizing their time. That said, there's very few times that's I'ver felt like I'm not getting adequate attention. I'm probably the only person in the country that wants to pay more...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get to know their staff and roadmap. E-commerce is changing so quickly and making sure they have an aggressive plan to keep up is important. Don't be afraid to customize the cart to get what you want.

Integrations, custom development, advance functionality, PCI compliance, Up time. The list goes on...

Low cost for a high return our investment

CommerceV3 review by <span>John G.</span>
John G.

"After 5 Years on this Platform I still Love It!"

What do you like best?

I've tried other providers setting up micro-sites to learn the platforms (BigCommerce and Shopify) and nothing comes close to the flexibility I can employ with CommerceV3. The learning curve is small and the template system gives you total control over your website design with cool features. I'm not a programmer, but I've been able to do re-designs, add new menu systems, and much more. The flexibility to merchandise products our way has been a big plus.

The shopping cart features and checkout have been rock solid. The promotional capability for merchandising will challenge your creativity. The shipping tools can be fine tuned for just about any product or scenario you could imagine.

When it comes to technical support I have yet to find a company, in 30+ years, which surpasses them. Response is fast, professional, and thorough. They understand issues and how to resolve them quickly.

What do you dislike?

Wish there was a blog available with our main domain name.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended for small to medium sized businesses. Simple to manage and maintain, with import export features you can appreciate.

Being a small company without an IT staff we are still able to make simple html changes to suit our needs. This saves time and money and allows us to skin the site to different seasons with little effort.

CommerceV3 review by Administrator in Retail
Administrator in Retail

"User friendly on all levels"

What do you like best?

I have enjoyed having complete control of our sites, with the knowledge that I have an entire team at CV3 on my team to help when needed. They really do become part of your team!

What do you dislike?

I honestly cannot think of anything I do not like about CV3.

Recommendations to others considering the product

CV3 will grow with you and is a platform you can reliably plan on staying with long term. It is an investment in your future that cannot be understated.

Originally we switched to CV3 because we outgrew our previous platform and CV3 did a wonderful job at addressing our needs. River Street Sweets has been in business for over 40 years with a solid, well established Brand and we needed a web platform that could help us maintain that reliability. Over the last 4 years, CV3 has remained exceptionally dependable and has grown with us at every step. We see increases in sales year over year due in part to the consistent UI and UX they provide.

CV3 offers different levels of management in your site as well. If you have someone in-house that can manage your content, they can step back, let you take the reigns, and be there as needed. Alternately, they can manage it completely based on continuous communication with you. (or any level in between!) That makes them a perfect fit for everyone, regardless of background in web management or ability to have a Web Manager on staff.

The integration that CV3 provides for payment platforms, email platforms, order processing, social networking, analytics etc., makes them the perfect fit for River Street Sweets and River Street Candy Kitchen and I couldn't imagine our successes would be as sweet without them!

CommerceV3 review by <span>Jimmy K.</span>
Jimmy K.

"The best, PERIOD!"

What do you like best?

We have been a customer of CV3 for more than 15 years and that is because they allow us to use a platform that we can control and they provide exceptional customer service!! They have grown with us and provide the strongest and best version of ourselves!

What do you dislike?

I wish we were their only customer..........ha!

With the shrinking of the catalog industry, CV3 allowed us to continue to improve our web presence visually and organically! They are our OZ behind the curtain!

CommerceV3 review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Great Experience"

What do you like best?

CV3 offers an easy to use platform that provides tremendous value for your money. We have been able launch a storefront and continue supporting it for 5+ years. We're very happy.

What do you dislike?

There are some times it would be nice to have direct database access but it hasn't slowed us down from doing anything.

We are hosting one of our eCommerce sites on their platform.

CommerceV3 review by <span>Bryan J.</span>
Bryan J.

"Great Managed eCommerce at a Great Price"

What do you like best?

For those that are technical, they use a PHP smarty template system that makes customizing your site pretty easy. If you're not technical, their tech support team is good at making changes for you (at a price of course). Their implementation team is very helpful as well, AND patient.

What do you dislike?

My only "complaint" is that they have been a bit behind on their mobile strategy, and still don't have a responsive solution.

Increased revenue.

CommerceV3 review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Monastery Greetings"

What do you like best?

Good SEO. Flat hosting fees. Ability to download orders into 3rd part software. Site never down. Lots to like.

What do you dislike?

Cv3 support often needs to improve listening and reading skills when working on custom programming reqeusts. They often don't ask questions and often assume too much. In the end, the job gets done but takes longer than it should.

Cv3 re-built our website 6+ years ago. They just built another website for our new, spin-off company. Good SEO is giving the new company a good start.

CommerceV3 review by Administrator in Apparel & Fashion
Administrator in Apparel & Fashion

"Could be better "

What do you like best?

CV3 is user friendly and easy to learn to use.

What do you dislike?

You cant schedule things to populate ahead of time and image uploads is not easy for large batches of photos.

Helps customers shop and view products

CommerceV3 review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Great service and moderate functionality"

What do you like best?

there are various reports available to select / pull data

What do you dislike?

It is difficult, if not impossible, to select specific data to create reports

Recommendations to others considering the product

Review the reporting capabilities closely

CommerceV3 has allowed us to grow our business

Learning about CommerceV3?

* We monitor all CommerceV3 reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.