Communifire

Communifire

3.9

Communifire combines the best features of social networking, collaboration, and community software into a single, integrated platform that powers social intranets and customer communities. With Communifire, you can work with everyone -- inside your business with your co-workers and employees and outside your business with your customers and partners.

Work for Communifire?

Learning about Communifire?

Communifire Reviews

Ask Communifire a Question
Showing 40 Communifire reviews
Communifire review by Blaine H.
Blaine H.

"Communifire is helping our worldwide team stay connected and work together."

What do you like best?

Communifire allows team members to create and control their own space - a place to talk, post resources and develop ideas. It has many different tools to do this, allowing different styles to find one that works best for them.

What do you dislike?

it would be great to have switchable full online editability on files that are uploaded to a space while they are still posted in the space. That way a team can add ideas, possible wording, etc. in the same document, rather than downloading, locking someone else out, then uploading. This does not work well when team members are many time zones away. Makign it switchable could "lock in" a final resource, so others can't change it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get all your people on board through anticipation. Don't sweat it that some will watch for a while. Encourage your leaders to communicate often through Communifire.

We are reducing emails by having documents in one place rather than emailing everyone on a team every time a change is made. It also means people are not inadvertently working from an old version. We have also created a sharing page that has helped build stronger identity and relationships within a team that is in 17 countries.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Communifire
Communifire review by Rebecca L.
Rebecca L.

"Communifire is Great for Internal Communications"

What do you like best?

We use the product for internal sharing of items of value, having discussions, posting upcoming listings and opportunities for real estate related information, and celebrating each other's accomplishments.

What do you dislike?

There is no ability to upload an audio file, they do allow video, but we do audio recordings of our team meetings and it would be nice to host them there. Also, a lot of different options for interacting within Spaces sometimes makes it hard for employees to know where their post belongs.

Its great to have a place we can share ideas, contacts, and items of value. A huge benefit is way less "reply all' emails that aren't relevant to everyone and those discussions can be had within the site for who needs to know.

What Employee Intranet solution do you use?

Communifire review by Administrator in Publishing
Administrator in Publishing

"A Solid, Flexible, Modern Intranet Solution"

What do you like best?

Communifire is a fantastic intranet app. It is extremely flexible and robust. One of the more interesting aspects I appreciate is there are many different types of templates/content but, from the users' perspectives, the UI/UX is extremely similar. I think this uniform template format benefits users because they can quickly master all template types in a short period of time.

I also like how each space can be independently configured with a myriad of settings and options, allowing you to control what each user/group will see. I really like the user permission system too, allowing role-based rules for each content type within each space.

What do you dislike?

Initially, the concept and set up of "spaces" took some getting used to. The new user documentation is okay but it didn't prepare me well enough to optimize our intranet the first time around. I have a much better understanding of how best to utilize individual space settings versus the higher-level site admin settings after using it for several months. I would have really appreciated a walkthrough of the features and how to optimize Communifire for our users before we started creating our site. There are so many different settings and options that how-to documentation wasn't sufficient. It would have been a huge help if someone from Axero helped up plan the first couple spaces based on our specific needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Communifire. It's a great product. My biggest recommendation is to carefully read all of the documentation, ask lots of questions to their support, and (if possible) consult a long-time user of Communifire before setting up your intranet and spaces. I learned a lot as I was setting up the product and, if I had to do it over again, I'd definitely do it differently. This isn't a fault of the product... it's more of a result from the steep learning curve. Now that our users have been using the product for a while I'm hesitant to perform a major overhaul. The notion of a do-over is daunting to say the least.

We use Comminifire for users submitting support tickets (cases) to our tech team, using the wiki as our users' knowledge base, and the blogs to alert users to pressing news. On top of those high-level needs, we created about a dozen spaces and use them to share information that applies only to those specific users. A big problem with our previous intranet was misinformation being disseminated by users who either misunderstood our communications or happened to read information that was totally irrelevant to their group. We were constantly chasing users who were spreading misinformation and rumors across multiple discussion threads. Communifire solved that problem.

We configured Communifire to utilize Cases as our support ticketing system. Keeping tickets in the same place as our knowledge base/wiki essentially offers one-stop-shopping for our users. The default path to create a support ticket forces users to at least peripherally glimpse at the news blog and wiki knowledge base. They might even find the answer to their problem before creating the support ticket. Moving tickets into Communifire also caused a several-fold increase in intranet logins and wiki page views. This alone was a huge improvement.

Communifire review by Tersea M.
Tersea M.

"Communifire"

What do you like best?

Easy to use platform for internal company communication. We use Communifire to expedite training on new products and share company information across multiple locations. The individual locations use the features like the task list and blog to stay in communication across multiple shifts.

What do you dislike?

Would like to see a shared calendar across multiple spaces and more customization for the main feed. Spaces work well but I would like to see more options for cross communication between spaces.

Company communication and training have improved immensely with the implementation of Communifire. Team members can ask questions of the buying team and each other to solve customer problems quickly and efficiently.

Communifire review by Administrator

"Communifire, my go to user-friendly productivity and collaboration platform!"

What do you like best?

Being able to custom brand was a must for me, the ability to custom code through easy to use CSS overrides is another plus. I like that Communifire is easy to use for both administrators and general users.

I like that Communifire isn't satisfied with the status quo, they upgrade regularly to keep pace with current technology and stay competitive. Their support team is, bar none, the best I've had the pleasure of working with.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see Page Builder permissions for more than just the Site Administrator. Page Builder pages allow for custom configurations and widgets for each and every space, very useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

To me the biggest consideration is always support. From day one to now, three years later, I've consistently had same day responses to my questions. The support team is fantastic and they are always adding materials to their knowledge base.

Streamlines communication, permits ease of collaboration, controls content efficiently and effectively. For example, I like that I'm able to imbed YouTube training videos into private spaces, it makes it easier for my users if they can find everything they need in one place. The amount of time I used to have to spend in email has been cut down by at least 75%, that alone makes the platform worthwhile! I like that I can turn of and on features depending on the needs of a particular space, I can even turn them off without losing data if I need to, when the feature is needed again, all the previous stored data is still there.

Communifire review by Dave N.
Dave N.

"Easy to use platform with deep feature set"

What do you like best?

Communifire was super easy to get up and running, and my team adopted it quickly which made the ROI on it higher. However, there is a deep set of features that can be leveraged as well once the basics are mastered.

What do you dislike?

I wish the Tasks feature was more robust and had the ability to assign tasks to certain people via a pre-populated Task Template for recurring projects that are super similar.

We leverage Communifire as a "central hub" for company communication, onboarding and training. Having everything in one spot has streamlined operations and made it easier to find and access important information.

"Communifre review"

What do you like best?

It is fairly easy to customize and our users enjoy the social interaction aspects of the platform.

What do you dislike?

There are some limitations (for example font type and sizes). The search capabilities could be better. We have a few files that were improperly deleted but they still show up in the search results. All efforts to remove these files have been unsuccessful and it kind of drives our users crazy. Plus, search results in the preview window are narrowed by Spaces to which the users belongs. That then looks like limited results and users give up too quickly.

We use Communifire as a central location for company news and information. We want people to look on our site first to find what they need or at least find out where to go.

Communifire review by Georgia W.
Georgia W.

"Most sorted solution I have come across"

What do you like best?

It's pretty easy to use -- the set up was fairly painless. I like the pagebuilder function, ease of publishing.Liked the UI of the app and the in depth research by the team on the product. Customer support is another feather in the cap with hands on team for the job

What do you dislike?

I'd like to see some functionality and features suited for external use (ex. more granular user settings, better notification experience; more admin controls/layers; better mobile capability like edit profile) -- access to more analytics out for the box. True SSO using LinkedIn.

We have been using Communifire as our intranet. We like the product, specially the user interface and the flexibility it offers.

Communifire review by Isabella Hope J.
Isabella Hope J.

"Great Customer Service"

What do you like best?

Communifire is easy to use and I have always received friendly and fast customer service.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to add a new file while retaining the tags, rather than re-entering them when using the same file name.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I like the fact that they are willing to take feedback and implement changes their customers suggest.

I am bringing together a community of like-minded individuals to work with me in building a spiritual theme park for the benefits of all.

Communifire review by User

"I have liked the ability to share files within our company in a centralized location."

What do you like best?

File sharing and company directory. I really do not use anything other than this.

What do you dislike?

I cannot say that I have actually found anything about the platform to dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Product in use when I started working here. I believe that it was used to replace a Sharepoint server. I have not had any input on its features, I use what tools that have been made available and it does an adequate if not better than most groupware type programs that I have used.

The ability to at least attempt to get everyone on the same path when working on common projects and not having to personally keep track of the documents and versions.

"Communifire is great!"

What do you like best?

I like that Communifire is cloud based and very easy to use. It gives us one main platform to manage documents, tasks, notifications, and activities. The social platform is very nice and easy to use. Another great feature is that it is available to use on your smart phone. it improves office culture because it has helped increase communication interoffice and between our many branches.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much I dislike about Communifire. The pricing could have been better and the chat function could be improved. It would also be nice to edit of remove posts. I'd like to see some functionality and features suited for external use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, I would recommend others to Communifire.

It gives us one main platform to manage documents, tasks, notifications, and activities. It has definitely improved our communication between offices. You are able to create content that is available 24 hours a day.

Communifire review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Great internal tool - some work to be done"

What do you like best?

It has increased talking between our four different offices across New Zealand & Australia. People post different things related to the business or funny posts and it gets people commenting and being sociable which is great for our culture. Good place to store links to documents and policies for everyone to read - you can make some articles required reading.

What do you dislike?

The UI/UX needs a bit of a refresh - looks a bit old but is still functional. If they improved the chat function it would make it more of an all-in-one tool - currently we use hangouts for chatting as the communifire one is tied into the browser and not very user friendly. For some reason you are also unable to delete posts or edit them once posted which seems silly.

Culture for one - increase in talking to between offices, even though some staff haven't met between the offices

Communifire review by User

"A modern collaboration platform with brilliant customer support"

What do you like best?

Modern look-and-feel . Easy to use without any steep learning curve Brilliant customer support Flexible and easily customisable: Their PageBuilder is one of the most advanced page editors we have seen. One of the best "search feature" of all the platforms we compared

What do you dislike?

It is packed with features including gamification. It has all the SaaS capabilities and benefits you'd expect. And their implementation support and customer service are top notch. Cheers.Rich features

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's pretty easy to use -- the set up was fairly painless.

functions like Lithium and Jive without the price tag. It's pretty easy to use -- the set up was fairly painless. I like the pagebuilder function, ease of publishing.

"Works for us"

What do you like best?

Right set of features, blogs, status updated, file-upload, SEARCH. Rest api makes integration feasable.

What do you dislike?

Our on premise solution is quite buggy. Sometimes we have to start a re-index because new articles are not longer published. Sometimes very slow for no reason. Sometimes updates take a whole day.

Delete is permanent where you should be able to undo for some time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If possible chose the cloud version since it seems to be the main supported version.

For on premise it's worthwhile if an alternative does not better serve your needs.

I use the wiki a lot for knowledge sharing and technical documentation.

It's also the frontpage of your intranet. Other intranet applicaitons are linked from here.

Company News get published as articles.

Communifire review by User in Airlines/Aviation
User in Airlines/Aviation

"Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

That it’s very easy to navigate, and you are able to find important information instead of using email. It’s also inexpensive compared to other communication intranets. Communifire allows you to communicate with others efficiently.

What do you dislike?

There are some glitches sometimes, but I don’t actually have anything I dislike otherwise.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Takes a little bit to get started, but very easy to maneuver once you understand it.

Communifire makes it easy to communicate with staff, and save important work information in one spot that won’t get lost. It opens up a new way for staff to say what they need to say and to keep up to date with new policies.

Communifire review by Chuck V.
Chuck V.

"Communifire reduces costs, improves communications, and postiviely effects efficiency"

What do you like best?

(1) The breadth of communication tools e.g. blogs, articles, wikis, formus, cases, download areas, events, calendars. Nobody has this type of functionality at their fair price.

(2) Responsiveness of their support - quick, thoughtful and efficient

(3) Solid new features with every release

(4) Ability for us to effectively communicate, publicly, internally, and with our solution provider team

(5) Inculcate a public identity - web site - with community like communications and functionality. It is more than a content management system.

What do you dislike?

As with any application, you never get 100% of what you want, but I always know that they listen to feature requests, and think around the box for arriving at others. They bend over backwards to make sure that you have a positive experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking to increase both customer and interaction in your website

If you are looking to create content for repetitive dissemination of information

If you need an intranet

If you are price conscious

If you want a truly comprehensive content management system

This is your application

Communicate to the public via our website, internally to our employees, and externally (private) with our solution provider team.

Customer service center that cuts costs by 50% to server more clients with fewer support personnel. Money saved is used towards creating better products and offerings.

Create content that is available 24 hours per day - as most help desk is routine.

Since melding the website inside of the Communifire Platform, traffic is up 25%, and sales have increased - with less phone communications - by nearly the same amount.

Communifire review by Liz S.
Liz S.

"The best intranet in the market!"

What do you like best?

This is the best internal communications tool on the market. Very robust features.

What do you dislike?

They really need to improve their mobile app, particularly the IM functionality.

Internal communications and knowledge

Communifire review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Implementing an Intranet Transformation"

What do you like best?

The platform is very easy to build out. The widgets are straight forward and easy to configure.

What do you dislike?

The org chart needs to be more stable and robust. I like to see and over all chart for the entire organization not just departments.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Building out is easy. Do a trial and a POC.

Having a modern intranet with collaboration.

Communifire review by Administrator

"Excellent Social Intranet Platform"

What do you like best?

The best parts of Communifire are the social and reward aspects.

What do you dislike?

There are some formatting, upload, and content delivery features that could be more robust. That being said, their support team is very receptive to feedback.

Communifire isn't fulfilling our longterm need which looks more like an LMS solution but Communifire has been a wonderful introduction to the space of social intranets. The biggest benefit we have seen is the ability of a team to work together on documentation while commenting, liking, and up-voting content.

"Communifire Review"

What do you like best?

Ease of use between different pages, we are able to share many pictures and documents easily.

What do you dislike?

Chat feature is not very easy to use, and should have a pop out feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The sharing feature is good, but would recommend another product for chat functions.

Cross department sharing

Communifire review by Administrator

"Excellent for managing details"

What do you like best?

Wiki feature. It is ridiculous that you are forcing me to write at least 40 characters, and it is ticking me off. If you must force user like this, at least save it to the end.

What do you dislike?

too-frequent loading / reliability problems -- in fairness, don't know if these are on Communifire's end or our network end -- but it sure does seem to happen frequently (more frequently than, say, similar uses with Smartsheet)

information wrangling -- keeping track of details on numerous publishing projects

Communifire review by Israel L.
Israel L.

"Good software for Create workspaces,Publish articles, Manage projects"

What do you like best?

Create workspaces to encourage and facilitate online collaboration and post job openings to recruit talent internally or externally, Manage projects, tasks, and schedules

What do you dislike?

the gui should be more pleasant, UX / UI is missing for the user

Recommendations to others considering the product

More Productivity Tools

Manage projects, tasks, and schedules and Share, rate, and comment on documents, photos, videos, and ideas

Communifire review by Megan F.
Megan F.

"Social Media for work!"

What do you like best?

Love that everyone is connected through the same platform. We all love facebook, but might not feel comfortable on FB at work and may want to keep these two identities separate.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about Communifire.

Communication in a fun, interactive way. We can share articles, resources that are relevant to our field.

"Connecting Our Industry"

What do you like best?

One place to have the content specialist/managers to use to discuss topics related the industry standards.

What do you dislike?

I am not able to consolidate wikis across spaces.

We use this to foster conversation and provide updates for the industry standards for content specialist/managers.

Communifire review by Anna J.
Anna J.

"Communifire on fire "

What do you like best?

It gives my coworkers a platform to collaborate share ideas

What do you dislike?

It is limited in its resources to communifire

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is useful and not hard for people with all software skill sets to get use to

It is more intimate for our company then email persay

Communifire review by Shannon C.
Shannon C.

"Communifire as Intranet Hub"

What do you like best?

The product has a professional look and feel and is pleasantly designed

What do you dislike?

It is very difficult to navigate, search results are illogical, and it is not friendly as a communication tool.

Navigation and user acceptance is a problem. Most use is a sounrce of information holding

"Very streamlined"

What do you like best?

I really enjoyed the features on Communifire. The social aspect is amazing and really helped manage content. Some of the best collaboration software I have used in my career.

What do you dislike?

I used it for about 6 months at my previous job and don't have any complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't hesitate, try it out and you won't be disappointed

It really helped enhance the collaboration throughout the business and wasn't very complicated to use

Communifire review by Sina S.
Sina S.

"TEDxHub"

What do you like best?

Having someone answer questions//customer service and pagebuilder.

What do you dislike?

The UI is definitely the weakest part of the tool.

Managing to host the TEDx community from around the world under one social platform.

"So far so good"

What do you like best?

Centralizing information. Finding information is easier for employees

What do you dislike?

The chat interface. It doesn't pop up better

Centralizing Data. Instead of repeating myself, i can point everyone to the intranet.

Communifire review by Mathieu F.
Mathieu F.

"Good experience"

What do you like best?

Very good experience, i test it for a short time but it was greatful

What do you dislike?

ergonomy and User experience was not the best part but it's not to bad

Launch an intranet for 200 people

Communifire review by User in Maritime
User in Maritime

"Good solution but to be more user-friendly"

What do you like best?

Flexibility & design options; IDEAS menu

What do you dislike?

Bugs - certain parts don't automatically update anymore (problem with events on the homepage now). And it looks like ticketing doesn't work anymore? Just logged into Support site and saw that there was a response to my question, but didn't receive an email to alert me.

IDEAS - great tool for brainstorming

Communifire review by User

"Great way to keep communication open"

What do you like best?

It is very versatile, easy to use, and engaging.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything to dislike about this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get this for your business, you won't regret it!

The benefits are immediate: each department has a way to post news, inform employees, and keep the lines of communication going throughout the business.

Communifire review by Priya B.
Priya B.

"Social Collaboration Platform"

What do you like best?

Centralized control over collaboration and sharing

What do you dislike?

No calendar sync; layout needs to be better

Getting everyone on the same platform

Communifire review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Decent platform"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, customization, reasonably priced.

What do you dislike?

I sometimes run into issue with some of the corporate red tape on my end, as the company is small I cannot always get things I need (i.e. security, GDPR)

Connecting customers with support

Communifire review by Administrator in Writing and Editing
Administrator in Writing and Editing

"Absolutely Awesome"

What do you like best?

The options. The possibilities. The customization options. The customers service.

What do you dislike?

If your business needs this type of software - go for it. There is nothing to dislike here. I doubt you can find a better product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out the free trial for yourself - you will not regret it.

We were looking to serve a niche community and we needed to bring together people from different cities and countries. This platform allows all members to be part of one group or separate groups as needed.

Communifire review by User in Pharmaceuticals
User in Pharmaceuticals

"Communfire"

What do you like best?

This program is beneficial because it provides many uses in a business setting.

What do you dislike?

A social network is not always needed in every type of business.

This program solves communication problems in the workplace because it provides many tools to access information from.

Communifire review by User in Automotive
User in Automotive

"Allow members to view and communicate projects"

What do you like best?

See posted projects by members of the community

What do you dislike?

As I liked everything about it, there's nothing to dislike.

We have now have a centralized place to view posted projects

Communifire review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"Communifire did not meet our needs"

What do you like best?

Ability to connect people across platforms

What do you dislike?

Difficulty in managing content and navigating

Attempting to connect a geographically distributed team. Did not work well for us.

Communifire review by User in Photography
User in Photography

"Great social business platform"

What do you like best?

I like that it has a Facebook approach to an app.

What do you dislike?

I think everything about it is good to me

It can be difficult for new users

"HR manager"

What do you like best?

Management system team collaboration knowleege

What do you dislike?

Technical issues to go through but communifire helps out

communication work best for our company, knowledge content management

Learn more about Communifire

Communifire Videos

Learning about Communifire?

* We monitor all Communifire reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.