Compare It!

Easily compare and merge text files; compare doc, xls and pdf files; prepare comparison reports and printouts.

Work for Compare It!?

Learning about Compare It!?

Categories

Compare It! Reviews

Showing 6 Compare It! reviews
Compare It! review by <span>Jeff K.</span>
Jeff K.

"Compare It makes light work of what can be very difficult"

What do you like best?

I like that the software is considerably easier to use than most other products claiming to do the same thing. When comparing many documents in a row, it is nice that the software remembers the last folders from both the source and destination files so you don't have to keep browsing back to where you want to be. The product is very user friendly and doesn't take a huge learning curve to figure out what you are doing. Each feature has been very easy to use as well as very easy to find. Some products like to add more features into their software which in turn either makes it look bad or they weren't able to follow through on any one feature. That is not compare it.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything that I dislike just yet. It just seems to work which is all that you can ask for in such a basic product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't overthink something like this product. It's simply there to point out the differences and allow you to merge them if wanted.

I'm able to make updates to existing documents with new versions and easily combine the files to what it needs to be. I've used other products and they seem clunky when it should be something very basic. I wasn't asking for a lot in the product other than to simply point out the differences between files and that is exactly what it does.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Compare It!
Compare It! review by <span>Katie L.</span>
Katie L.

"Beginner Compare It user."

What do you like best?

Differences-based editing and the fact that documents can be merged.

What do you dislike?

Unless I am doing something incorrectly, when I compare two Adobe pdfs, the results are defined; however, the results are printed in a font / language that I cannot read. I very well may be doing something wrong and have to look at the Help File. The changes are still defined, so I can still look at the paragraphs on the files individually and determine where the changes are. I just can't read them off of the Compare It tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The installation process is very simple and speedy. Additionally, the types of files that can be compared are varied and support everything I have needed so far from Excel spreadsheets to Adobe pdfs. A Help file is included as part of the tool and has been a useful resource within the tool.

Quite often I am comparing Microsoft Excel documents manually, and when this step is typically only a step in the task at hand. When comparing the files manually takes so much of my time, the overall project takes longer since I am held up while comparing a number of documents. Using a tool to automate this process is invaluable to my overall project timeline. Using Compare It has helped me so far by reducing the time spent comparing documents from anywhere around a 6 hour effort to only taking minutes for the compare process, and then an hour or two to analyze results. Aside from reduction of time, another business benefit is that users can output the compare results and Save i This way I can run the compare(s) and analyze later.

What CMS Tools solution do you use?

Compare It! review by <span>Ghislain P.</span>
Ghislain P.

"I use this software on a weekly basis to compare different versions of files. "

What do you like best?

The best thing about this software is it's integration into Windows file explorer. You just have to right-click on the first file, select the option "Compare file #1" then right-click on the second file and select "Compare file #2" and the program loads with the comparison of the two files. Fast and easy.

The interface is easy to understand. You can easily spot the changes and the blocks that have been moved.

Lastly the level of options you have are great. You can "tweak" the comparison settings to your liking.

What do you dislike?

The thing I don't like is the lack of a nice folder comparison. This is something I need from time to time and I have to rely on another program for this purpose. Also, even if the quality of the software is good, there doesn't seem to have any new development on it. That is a shame. The basis is good and there could be so much more functionality added to it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For simple and fast file comparison, this is the tool you need! For folder comparison, unfortunately, you'll need something else.

I'm a programmer, so this helps me to find out if there are differences between files in my development environment and the production environment. The fact that I can launch the comparison in just a few clicks is a big plus in my book. No fussing around the list of programs to find it.

Compare It! review by <span>Giridhur S.</span>
Giridhur S.

"Excellent tool for tracking changes and merging files"

What do you like best?

The interface is clean and clear, one can easily use this tool to check how codes have been changed by team members thanks to syntax highlighting.

This software supports all document formats, including MS Word, Markdown, HTML., and is extremely useful for me in checking our project documentation, and periodic reports.

I recently discovered that it could make comparison of any file format easier, including images, and spreadsheets, though I am not a heavy user of both usecases.

What do you dislike?

It's not as advanced as the linux counterparts. In my primary use case, ie writing and reviewing code, many text editors have the functionality as an add in, and hence, I am not motivated to open another program to do the same.

It still seems like a decade old software in a new shell. More features like github integration, code folding could be added.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should definitely give this a try, especially if you want to review changes between large volumes of code, for production purposes in Windows.

I am building a robust software platform to diagnose conditions of the retina.

In windows environment, which is my go-to OS for day to day activities, Compare it, is very helpful in checking minute differences between two images and spreadsheets as well.

Compare It! review by User in Computer Software

"Excellent for MS Office Documents, And Cheap!"

What do you like best?

I have yet to find a product that does as good a job with MS Office files as this.

What do you dislike?

Lack of customizable actions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For the price, you cannot beat it.

Compare It! review by <span>Charles H.</span>
Charles H.

"Compare It! is a HUGE time-saver"

What do you like best?

I use Compare It! mostly for text comparison and analyzing different versions of code. The line by line highlighting makes it very easy to quickly identify blocks of code that have changed and untangle messes.

What do you dislike?

The workflow defaults to opening files for comparison instead of copying and pasting text. Otherwise it's great!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I haven't found anything else out there like Compare It! for text and file comparison.

Learning about Compare It!?

* We monitor all Compare It! reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Categories