comScore

comScore, Inc. is a internet technology company that measures what people do as they navigate the digital world - and turns that information into insights and actions for our clients to maximize the value of their digital investments.

Work for comScore?

Learning about comScore?

comScore Reviews

Ask comScore a Question
Showing 36 comScore reviews
comScore review by Timothy K.
Timothy K.

"Useful but has room for improvement"

What do you like best?

The best part is that comscore offers one of the largest analytics suites available on display, mobile, video and TV. Due to the scale of its data, it also provides a benchmark for analyzing the advertising industry. Finally, I like the fact that I can track site performance of my company's digital properties.

What do you dislike?

Due to the large array of products within the comscore platform, it is easy to get lost in the platform. The help section has not been fleshed out very well making it difficult to navigate through the platform and getting the right report. Moreover, it lacks the capability to track programmatic traffic which is unfortunate considering the impact it is having in the digital advertising industry.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are using comscore for the first time, I would recommend in partaking the training sessions offered by the company. It is not very user friendly and learning by yourself where everything is can be a frustrating experience.

With comscore, I have a tool that I can use to benchmark my hypotheses to new phenomenons in the industry into quantifiable figures in digital, video and mobile. Moreover, I look at the performance of my company's digital properties.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about comScore
comScore review by User

"Great Measurement Tool - Still Evolving to Meet Needs as Technology Changes"

What do you like best?

comScore is a trusted brand and has an excellent user interface. You can run concurrent reports and it's very easy to cherry pick what you need so that you can do your analysis quickly and effectively.

What do you dislike?

Product evolution - I wish comScore branched out into providing deeper measurement in mobile, social and SVOD/OTT. Those are business areas where our clients crave more insight and what we currently provide is limited.

comScore has allowed for me to understand who is using my media properties and provides third-party verification that is objective, trusted and accepted by marketers and agencies (clients I do business with).

What Mobile App Analytics solution do you use?

comScore review by Kori A.
Kori A.

"Media Planning Tool "

What do you like best?

- Trusted source to pull site traffic and as an apples to apples comparison across partners

- Reach / Frequency Tools

- Ability to pull up and print profiles by partner

- Ability to pull media traffic trends over time

- Ability to pull cross duplication across media partners

What do you dislike?

- Mobile tracking is still somewhat unreliable

- social platforms are not included

- some major networks are not included (e.g. Turn DMP)

- Reach/frequency tool only allows for input of demo uarantee targeting - we always see higher frequencies and reach when our campaign actually runs

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a training class. There are so many features I still do not even know how to use after 5 years.

- Ability to compare and evaluate media partners with reliable data that can be compared apples to apples

- Ability to predict the impact/ reach/ frequency of our planned campaign before it runs

comScore review by Natalie M.
Natalie M.

"Great tool for advertising insights"

What do you like best?

I like using comScore to see where competitors are advertising and what creative they are using. I also like using site demographics to determine which sights to run on.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how all my searches get saved in the tabs. The UI isn't completely user-friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that you're only paying for offerings that your company will use. It's easy to get excited about video and mobile offerings.

We use comScore to gain insights on what is happening in display advertising. It gives it a lot of insight on site demographics that inform our purchasing decisions.

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Leader in Digital Consumer Insights"

What do you like best?

What is so great about Comscore is that is it 1) a leader in online consumer insights, so 2) it is widely recommended and therefore used by almost every advertising agency that I've ever known. The tool is absolutely great at giving you market data to build media plans or develop an overall marketing strategy based on areas you want to advertising in the online space.

What do you dislike?

The mobile tracking tech is not quiet there yet. For some websites (such as Pandora) that has predominately mobile site traffic, their consumer metrics are not as accurately reflected as I would like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Continue to invest in mobile web traffic tracking so when an agency pulled a "Media Metrix" report, mobile AND desktop are rolled up in those results. This is important especially since the majority of users are shifting to using their mobile devices more frequently than their desktop computers.

Comscore helped my marketing team to build an advertising campaign to hit a specific consumer set by showing us were exactly these consumers were online.

comScore review by Danielle C. B.
Danielle C. B.

"validated Campaign Essentials (vCE)"

What do you like best?

validated Campaign Essentials (vCE) offers granular insights with a, single-tag implementation. I can see my user demographics and viewability for each publisher and creative unit within the same dashboard. The user interface is clean and user-friendly.

What do you dislike?

The user interface can be slow to load/process during peak usage times or when pulling large amounts of data. Reporting is only available in three month chunks and due to potential duplication, they are not additive for an aggregate read; however, the data can be trended over time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great team, great service. You'll be very satisfied.

I know where my digital ads are being served, the demographics of the user they are served to, and whether my ads are viewable and brand safe. Dynamic tag allows for single tag to pull publisher, placement, and creative level details across my campaign. I can now work with my publishers to better meet my digital objectives, including better quality placements.

comScore review by User in Sports
User in Sports

"Director, Digital Analytics"

What do you like best?

comScore allows us to see buyer behavior traits from all the visitors that go to our nascar.com website

What do you dislike?

Data is only released monthly, and typicall 2-3 weeks after that months is over.

Since comScore data is public, advertisers and agencies can see the amount of traffic going to our nascar.com website and we use that to sell against.

comScore review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Best platform for standardization "

What do you like best?

The ability to have a universal standard across the digital advertising world

What do you dislike?

I don't feel like the source is extremely accurate, especially when comparing across different platforms (i.e. mobile, desktop, app, video)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Is very complicated to understand R/F within the programmatic space

Looking to pull reach and frequency numbers when putting together client plans. The benefit is that we are able to understand directional reach, but doesn't seem 100% accurate

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Solid overall but still hoping for improvements/additions"

What do you like best?

The vast selection of demo/behavior targeting allows you to get very granular. Also they appear to be measuring all of the major digital publications. They are also working to diversify their mobile measurements, separating out by Apple/iPad & Android, smartphones & tablets, etc. That is also a very welcome development.

What do you dislike?

The fact that a lot of that same demo/behavior targeting that is available at the national general market level is not available for local market (Key Measures-Local Market reports) or ethnic audiences (African-American, Hispanic, Asian). I have noticed that they are making improvements in this area but faster, please.

Their reach/frequency tool is also wonky & difficult to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A good solid resource. If you're new to digital planning but have used traditional media resources (Simmons, MRI, etc.) then adjusting to comScore should be fairly easy. The interface is fairly intuitive, even for traditional media planners.

Determining best digital channels & specific sites/partners to reach target audiences for our campaign, from the early RFP consideration set to final campaign recommendations.

comScore review by Steve K.
Steve K.

"Good for apples to apples comparisons"

What do you like best?

Like all measurement services -- Nielsen for radio and TV, others -- there are pros and cons to the comScore platform. It uses an opt-n cookie for online viewers, and a mathematical formula based on metrics of a market size and placed cookies on individual websites. As a manager in mas media, I used comScore to determine unique visitors and where we ranked among our peers offering similar content in the area.

In comScore, there is probably more data than you will need, but it is good for determining reach into a market and who the audience is that is consuming your content.

What do you dislike?

You can make comparisons to other websites in your market, but it would be a error by the user to measure gains and losses on a short-term basis among peers, or against other industires.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is great to help shape content to grow readership in a market area.

I now know where I'm performing in the market compared to my peers. Sometimes it may cause a change in content delivery through A/B testing of content.

comScore review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"One of the best in Digital Consumer Insights"

What do you like best?

Provides me information i need to perform my daily job. The findings help me in creating valuable knowledge and insights for my client. I also like the breadth of data we recieve.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes i find it difficult to navigate and decide what was right for me. Also i have felt that when you try to pull large amount of data the interface just takes forever to process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Perfect tool for the work i do, the navigation team is always there to help. I dont think i will consider another source for my research. My client loves the insights derived.

Determining the digital channels and partners that my client should consider for reaching out its target audience for there campaigns

"A+. Would use again."

What do you like best?

User interface is extremely intuitive and lends itself well to learning through doing. Reports are easy to pull, schedule and read allowing for greater analysis and cross-sectioning of various data points to ascertain the best mediums to reach your target audience.

What do you dislike?

I never had an qualms with the product in question. The application was always easy to use and lent itself well to newcomers once basic proficiency was acquired.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an integral part of any digital media planning/buying agency. Insights gleaned from the product drive effective campaigns resulting in great RoI for clients and agencies alike.

comScore has been integral in our researching of digital properties in order to recommend the best avenues of digital ad placement for our clients.

comScore review by Anna S.
Anna S.

"I have used ComScore for work"

What do you like best?

It's an easy interface that allows you to find a significant amount of data for competitors

What do you dislike?

More options within the program would be great

Finding analytics for specific client audiences

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Provides the insight I need to make decisions and empower clients"

What do you like best?

I love the breadth and the depth of the data provided, and the various layers to which I'm able to extract data.

What do you dislike?

It could be more comprehensive and user friendly.

Solving problems in deciding which media vendor to pursue for a particular campaign, as well as providing concrete findings to clients.

"comScore Review_helpful software"

What do you like best?

It's crucial for agencies to have access to comScore. It is an industry standard for measuring digital properties (e.g. unique visitors) across multiple media vehicles (e.g. desktop & mobile). It is also a great planning tool to determine best partners/publishers to do business with to meet your clients' goals (e.g. demo & reach/frequency). On top of this, comScore continues to drive ahead with innovation as our industry continues to evolve (e.g. video, social, tablet, wearables, & smart TVs).

What do you dislike?

There are of course limitations though. Some I've experienced recently include the inability to measure R/F across multiple vehicles and demos plus the inability to extract easily to excel ONLY the site specific data (e.g. ranking # of UV excluding Networks)..

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a must have. I cannot think of another source that has been around as long, is as well known for digital as a credible source, or has so many tools that can be accessed online.

My team and I have used comScore to rank best performing partners across multiple vehicles to determine which best fit the needs of the client. We've transfered this data to powerpoint slides to showcase our insights and implications. We've done the same for duplication concerns and reach/frequency requests.

"Love ComScore"

What do you like best?

I love that no matter what type of statistics I am looking for, I'll find a trusted, informative piece by ComScore. I recently used ComScore to compare a client's data to industry data for Black Friday revenue, and was able to provide great insight.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the reports are inconsistent from year to year, making it hard to find the exact stat you need from a previous year. It would be better if they tried to keep all data points from previous years and just add onto it if there's anything else worth discussing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use ComScore's free information to get a sense of what type of data and reports you can get without a paid subscription.

I've realized that I can utilize ComScore's data to share industry insights and trends with my clients, and I don't get any pushback from them if they ask "where are you getting this information?" I also love that it's something where I can share reports easily.

"Very Efficient Tool"

What do you like best?

ComScore provides a wide breadth of surveys for both online and offline campaigns & can augment surveys with online panel of 2MM users. Simple integration and connection between behavior and attitudinal data.

Provides strong database of pharma-specific benchmarks.

What do you dislike?

Control group (from panel) may not have the same intent as exposed (hand raisers) and therefore may not be a true read of site impact on intent

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your goal is to have a long term scalable solution (at a higher cost) that includes a robust ongoing analysis, we would recommend ComScore

Test website content and user experience

Measures impact of online advertising

Measures impact of online video ads

Measures impact of website

comScore review by Terri B.
Terri B.

"Use with media vendors"

What do you like best?

Insights into audience size and information for specific demo's, to help inform media plans.

What do you dislike?

The price is high for our use and number of clients.

Reach of target audience. Making sure we have enough reach so we are not over saturating with media.

"Digital Analytics"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to research a number of topics very quickly.

What do you dislike?

Interface tends to be a bit clunky but still easy to navigate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is a wealth of information. Take your time and get all you can from it.

Building digital campaigns for clients.

comScore review by Agency in Internet
Agency in Internet

"A beneficial tool to help advise on reach and unique traffic inquiries "

What do you like best?

ComScore is able provide insights cross platform including display, mobile, and video

What do you dislike?

Not every site is measured is tracked so sometimes it is hard to compare potential partners when it comes to reach and traffic

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it for marketing research even for local market analysis

Looking for insights and learnings when researching potential partners to align with when promoting my client

comScore review by Carla C.
Carla C.

"Received great insights into one of our markets"

What do you like best?

I recommended a few of Comscores reports to my colleagues, they provided us with insightful and timely information about Latin American markets as well as growth of Social Media in the area.

What do you dislike?

Maybe more language support, some of the material or presentations were only available in Spanish or English.

We were able to get the pulse of what's happening in our industry across many regions.

comScore review by User in Automotive
User in Automotive

"Confusing Product with a lot of Insights"

What do you like best?

Comscore produces a lot of data that is relevant when checking who your target market is and with what advertisers you can reach them with.

What do you dislike?

Comscores system doesn't appear the align with itself and seems to make things more complex then they actually are.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very steep learning curve when first trying it. You will need to take quite a few trainings and have someone walk you through the process before you will get a small glimpse of everything offered with this product.

We were trying to find a solution for advertisers who could run on a CPA basis and hit our target demo. We were able to find quite a few ad networks and tried most of them that we found through this site.

comScore review by Marisa B.
Marisa B.

"The Power of Demographics"

What do you like best?

ComScore has the ability of define and illustrate a brand's demographics fast and efficiently.

What do you dislike?

The time to collect data has a lag in real-time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The more information you can take from ComScore, the better.

The benefits of using ComScore have helped me understand more about my target market then I previously knew or realized.

comScore review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Overall positive experience, could be more user-friendly"

What do you like best?

Support staff is very helpful and easily accessible

What do you dislike?

Pulling reports can be very manual and time consuming

Audience analysis to understand reach of vehicles

comScore review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"comscore research is my go-to for digital campaigns"

What do you like best?

platform is easy to use and comprehensive

What do you dislike?

oftentimes the system is glitchy. data entry is tedious due to limited keyboard functionalities on the site. could definitely use a lot of improvement here. i find myself wasting time trying to re-enter values because the will disappear if I enter data too quickly (not even that quick though.)

always looking for sites that have quality reach and audience. comscore gets right to it, shows me exactly where my audience is at and reveals helpful insights

"comScore MediaMetrix"

What do you like best?

Comparisons between different websites for mobile and desktop usage

What do you dislike?

Interface is inflexible. Can't get basic age demos like 25-39. They still don't have a multiplatform median HHI.

Creating stories on why visitors to our sites have the target desired by advertisers compared to others.

comScore review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Decent platform, poor customer service."

What do you like best?

I approve of the platform and the ease of reporting.

What do you dislike?

The product came with lots of bugs. For example, the log-in doesn't allow your password to be remembered.

We monitor all programmatic traffic especially things like viewability and invalid human traffic

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Absolute must for media agency"

What do you like best?

Comscore has all the essentials for step one as building media plans

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. The platform is very comprehensive and easy to use

Recommendations to others considering the product

Provide log ins to everyone who touches client businesses.

Research and analytics to provide rationale to media plans and strategy

comScore review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"comScore light user review"

What do you like best?

Ability to upload multiple keyword sets to track.

What do you dislike?

The amount of time after and during a month before the data is available.

Trying to increase a brand's presence and ecommerce revenue that already demands much of the market share in an efficient manner. Understanding their presence and where they lose business to is necessary in order to expand. comScore has been helpful in that manner.

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Easy to use, all the baseline information you need"

What do you like best?

The ease of finding what I need within the menus/dashboards

What do you dislike?

Limited options within the career - occupation filter for reporting; the inability to manipulate reports (look/feel) within comscore and instead have to use excel

Trying to find the top websites (career, news, industry-related or networks) that job seekers use by job type

comScore review by Agency in Entertainment
Agency in Entertainment

"comScore is an industry standard for digital measuring"

What do you like best?

comScore is undeniably an industry leader in online consumer insights and digital property data measurement. Every agency needs to understand and qualify consumer trends in a way that can be easily digested and communicated to clients. comScore puts in the legwork, with a robust infrastructure.

What do you dislike?

The interface, while sleek and very powerful, can be slow at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent insight tool

Data measurement, consumer insights

comScore review by User

"Great UI (but too many of them) and solid digital analytics data"

What do you like best?

Strong digital measurement for industry currency.

What do you dislike?

Digital Dictionary is hard to understand for new user and can rely on excessive maintenance (for media publishers).

Digital ad sales research. Cross-platform overlap of TV and digital audiences; competitive data.

comScore review by Internal Consultant in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
Internal Consultant in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"Panel Research"

What do you like best?

I like the amount of people used in the panels. I also like the ability to segment the populations

What do you dislike?

Panels know they are picked, thus taking away the real life feel.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use as a complementary research tool with real customer data

Industry focus and customer experience preferences and issues

comScore review by Agency in Construction
Agency in Construction

"Knowledge is Power with comScore"

What do you like best?

comScore provides me with all of the information I need to perform my job on a regular basis. The company's research and findings assist me in providing knowledge & value for my clients.

What do you dislike?

No extreme dislikes about comScore at this time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Althought my experience with comScore is limited, I do recommend at least a trial for anyone looking for data-driven insights on various digital technologies.

comScore allows us to make data-driven decisions about online marketing strategy that will drive impact and value for client programs.

comScore review by User in Newspapers
User in Newspapers

"GM of publisher "

What do you like best?

Data measurement capabilities are industry standard.

What do you dislike?

Metrics are often incorrect and policies can be subjective (eg sbnation sports uniques include 10M uniques from Vice food related websites/audiences).

Offer audience measurement and verification services.

"Comscore"

What do you like best?

I believe Comscore is really easy to work with.

What do you dislike?

In my experience I have not found anything I dislike.

Research

Learning about comScore?

* We monitor all comScore reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.