comScore

comScore, Inc. is a internet technology company that measures what people do as they navigate the digital world - and turns that information into insights and actions for our clients to maximize the value of their digital investments.

Work for comScore?

Learning about comScore?

comScore Reviews

Ask comScore a Question
Showing 34 comScore reviews
comScore review by <span>Timothy K.</span>
Timothy K.

"Useful but has room for improvement"

What do you like best?

The best part is that comscore offers one of the largest analytics suites available on display, mobile, video and TV. Due to the scale of its data, it also provides a benchmark for analyzing the advertising industry. Finally, I like the fact that I can track site performance of my company's digital properties.

What do you dislike?

Due to the large array of products within the comscore platform, it is easy to get lost in the platform. The help section has not been fleshed out very well making it difficult to navigate through the platform and getting the right report. Moreover, it lacks the capability to track programmatic traffic which is unfortunate considering the impact it is having in the digital advertising industry.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are using comscore for the first time, I would recommend in partaking the training sessions offered by the company. It is not very user friendly and learning by yourself where everything is can be a frustrating experience.

With comscore, I have a tool that I can use to benchmark my hypotheses to new phenomenons in the industry into quantifiable figures in digital, video and mobile. Moreover, I look at the performance of my company's digital properties.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about comScore
comScore review by <span>Kori A.</span>
Kori A.

"Media Planning Tool "

What do you like best?

- Trusted source to pull site traffic and as an apples to apples comparison across partners

- Reach / Frequency Tools

- Ability to pull up and print profiles by partner

- Ability to pull media traffic trends over time

- Ability to pull cross duplication across media partners

What do you dislike?

- Mobile tracking is still somewhat unreliable

- social platforms are not included

- some major networks are not included (e.g. Turn DMP)

- Reach/frequency tool only allows for input of demo uarantee targeting - we always see higher frequencies and reach when our campaign actually runs

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a training class. There are so many features I still do not even know how to use after 5 years.

- Ability to compare and evaluate media partners with reliable data that can be compared apples to apples

- Ability to predict the impact/ reach/ frequency of our planned campaign before it runs

What Mobile App Analytics solution do you use?

comScore review by <span>Natalie M.</span>
Natalie M.

"Great tool for advertising insights"

What do you like best?

I like using comScore to see where competitors are advertising and what creative they are using. I also like using site demographics to determine which sights to run on.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how all my searches get saved in the tabs. The UI isn't completely user-friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that you're only paying for offerings that your company will use. It's easy to get excited about video and mobile offerings.

We use comScore to gain insights on what is happening in display advertising. It gives it a lot of insight on site demographics that inform our purchasing decisions.

comScore review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Leader in Digital Consumer Insights"

What do you like best?

What is so great about Comscore is that is it 1) a leader in online consumer insights, so 2) it is widely recommended and therefore used by almost every advertising agency that I've ever known. The tool is absolutely great at giving you market data to build media plans or develop an overall marketing strategy based on areas you want to advertising in the online space.

What do you dislike?

The mobile tracking tech is not quiet there yet. For some websites (such as Pandora) that has predominately mobile site traffic, their consumer metrics are not as accurately reflected as I would like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Continue to invest in mobile web traffic tracking so when an agency pulled a "Media Metrix" report, mobile AND desktop are rolled up in those results. This is important especially since the majority of users are shifting to using their mobile devices more frequently than their desktop computers.

Comscore helped my marketing team to build an advertising campaign to hit a specific consumer set by showing us were exactly these consumers were online.

comScore review by <span>Danielle C. B.</span>
Danielle C. B.

"validated Campaign Essentials (vCE)"

What do you like best?

validated Campaign Essentials (vCE) offers granular insights with a, single-tag implementation. I can see my user demographics and viewability for each publisher and creative unit within the same dashboard. The user interface is clean and user-friendly.

What do you dislike?

The user interface can be slow to load/process during peak usage times or when pulling large amounts of data. Reporting is only available in three month chunks and due to potential duplication, they are not additive for an aggregate read; however, the data can be trended over time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great team, great service. You'll be very satisfied.

I know where my digital ads are being served, the demographics of the user they are served to, and whether my ads are viewable and brand safe. Dynamic tag allows for single tag to pull publisher, placement, and creative level details across my campaign. I can now work with my publishers to better meet my digital objectives, including better quality placements.

comScore review by User in Sports
User in Sports

"Director, Digital Analytics"

What do you like best?

comScore allows us to see buyer behavior traits from all the visitors that go to our nascar.com website

What do you dislike?

Data is only released monthly, and typicall 2-3 weeks after that months is over.

Since comScore data is public, advertisers and agencies can see the amount of traffic going to our nascar.com website and we use that to sell against.

Learning about comScore?

* We monitor all comScore reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.