Conductor Searchlight

Conductor Searchlight

Conductor’s content intelligence platform, Conductor Searchlight, generates customer intent insights that lead to compelling content, increased traffic, and higher organic marketing ROI.

Work for Conductor Searchlight?

Learning about Conductor?

Conductor Searchlight Reviews

Ask Conductor a Question
Showing 76 Conductor reviews
Conductor review by <span>Somer P.</span>
Somer P.

Our go-to SEO platform keeps getting better

What do you like best?

Our Content and SEO teams both use this platform to help plan and strategize for future content opportunities, as well as analyzing the performance of our current content on our site. We use the audience intent explorer frequently when trying to come up with new topics to pitch to our copy writers, as well as ensuring that we are providing the best possible keyword suggestions. A personal thing that I love about the tool is that you can see how you rank but they break it out with answer boxes, image results, carousels, etc. It really gives you a great look at trends over time, also. It's a ton of information so you have to really be able to segment and know where to focus or you will spend a lot of time looking at the data because there is so much valuable information in this tool.

What do you dislike?

On a large scale, some of the processes for adding and associating keywords with a certain URL are very manual and not as user-friendly as the rest of the experience. Initially when setting up certain content categories, it is a manual process to get all of your keywords entered and associated with the URL you prefer so that you can see all of the data. Maybe in future instances of the platform there will be an easier way to bulk upload and update these assigned keywords.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The customer service and support provided by our rep is OUTSTANDING! She is always willing to hop on a call or share her screen to help us get workspaces set up or to make sure we are getting everything we need out of this tool. If you are considering using this product, definitely reach out and get a demo or at least talk to some of their reps because they are very knowledgeable and helpful when it comes to the product itself.

A huge benefit for our team is the ability to easily and efficiently use the workspace features with our team and to share with others. Whether you have a ton of experience in the tool or not, you can easily just click on a saved workspace and access the information you would like to see. I can create a workspace that will automatically show my team how a certain category or segment of our business is performing. You can also set up automatic reports that will go to your email each week/month/etc. This saves so much time and makes the reporting process much more efficient.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Conductor Searchlight
Conductor review by <span>Cassie H.</span>
Cassie H.

Simple to use & difficult to be without

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the platform allows you to get the hang of it easily. Going thru training is imperative to knowing where all of the information is (as its easy to get lost in) but it has becoming imperative t o our companies capability.

What do you dislike?

Challenge for us has always been the right keywords. As a multi line retailer, its difficult to pick what to focus on thats going to provide the biggest win for the company. Beyond that, with a small team, and so much information, its challenging to leverage the platform to its fullest capabilities. It can do so much!

Partnering with their Managed Services team has been imperative for us to be able to do what we've done so far with the platform. Their guidance on what keywords to focus on, along side a plan on how we can monitor, measure and make changes to our site to fully see what we as a company are capable of has been the biggest challenge that we've leveraged the platform for.

What SEO solution do you use?

Conductor review by <span>Brandon M.</span>
Brandon M.

Conductor is an Industry Leading Tool

What do you like best?

The partnerships that Conductor has created are by far the best in the industry (SEMRush, Webmaster Tools, Adobe etc.). Combine that with a top tier tool set and you've got a fantastic interface for evaluating success, competition and opportunity. The team I have worked with is responsive, efficient and have significant expertise in on-boarding clients as well as helping them to succeed.

What do you dislike?

My only complaint would probably apply to any analytics partner. Our profile is extremely long tail, so the amount of keywords that we need to track is massive. Unfortunately this means that we have to spread our keywords across multiple accounts, making it difficult to aggregate results and report on them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Conductor is a best in industry tool with a wonderful staff to help you onboard. I've been extremely happy with the interface and its capabilities. I would highly recommend Conductor to anyone in my field.

Our needs are primarily two-fold. 1) Monitor organic search presence and health, 2) identify opportunities for expanding our traffic sources. We just recently on-boarded with Conductor, but already will be using it to evaluate content focused efforts over the course of this year.

Conductor review by <span>Thomas O.</span>
Thomas O.

A great SEO platform that keeps getting better

What do you like best?

The audience intent explorer has probably been one of the best tools in the platform that allows us to ideate with our content and social teams easily to come up with new topics to write about on our site. The keyword tracking on a national level is spectacular as it factors in local packs, answer boxes and image results. Lastly the customer service is the best I've had anywhere, their reps are incredibly responsive and always answer right away.

What do you dislike?

As some have said here, you get charged for every type of keyword used. So having the same keyword on desktop, mobile and in multiple geos would go against your count for each of those instances. Also updating keywords in bulk is a bit of a clunky process in being forced to use and excel spreadsheet to manually add categories rather than a mass assign via the platform itself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Utilize the support team! Once you get the hang of the platform you'll be tempted to do everything on your own but they are a great resource to lean on.

We've been able to identify content gaps using content maps to find areas where we are missing. It also has made reporting a breeze in that it allows you to build workspaces which serve as convenient dashboards where you can also gather insights relatively quick.

Conductor review by <span>Jasmine M.</span>
Jasmine M.

Good for Keyword and Content Insights

What do you like best?

I like that Conductor gives you so much information and insights on keywords, search queries and content that is ranking/performing well. It also gives great info on competitors including what keywords they're ranking for, and keyword opportunities for users.

What do you dislike?

To track keywords for both mobile and desktop, you need to double your keyword expenditure - which can add up quickly. If you only have 1000 keywords to track, for example, you'd need to buy another 1000 to track on both mobile and desktop. Geo is the same situation - although I've yet to find a tool that will give you unlimited tracking abilities for head terms + geo tags. It just can become quite expensive for a larger site with multiple locations.

For us, it was about what content was performing well, and if the on-page optimization we're were doing made an impact. For this, Conductor is a great tool.

Conductor review by <span>Jessie M.</span>
Jessie M.

Valuable Performance Metrics In One Place

What do you like best?

I spend the majority of my time in Visibility Performance and I enjoy the top level progress metrics (moved onto the first page, dropped off the first page, moved into striking distance, no longer ranking, moved in/out first three positions, moved in/out position 1). These help me understand performance of created content and where there are areas of opportunity for clients. I enjoy the filtering options and the new calendar feature for setting view points. Being able to look at the search results helps me understand the competition better and how my clients websites are performing overall.

What do you dislike?

I have been enjoying the features of Conductor Searchlight thus far, I have not found anything to be lacking for my uses of the platform. I would like if data could be updated more frequently, instead of weekly, but this has not been a major hurdle for my use of the platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend time utilizing the many features Conductor Searchlight has to offer to ensure you are getting the full benefits of the platform. Understand your needs from the platform and find the features that can best improve your business and your clients needs.

Conductor Searchlight allows me to find areas of opportunity and growth for clients and ideate new content suggestions. I look at the search results to further investigate competition and how they are showing their content for improvement opportunities. I benefit from being able to further understand the industries of my clients through their performance. I'm improving rankings by understanding where keywords and respective pages are positioned in the search results and what the search results look like for each keyword.

Learn more about Conductor Searchlight

Conductor Searchlight Videos

Learning about Conductor Searchlight?

* We monitor all Conductor Searchlight reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.