Conductor Searchlight

Conductor Searchlight

Conductor’s content intelligence platform, Conductor Searchlight, generates customer intent insights that lead to compelling content, increased traffic, and higher organic marketing ROI.

Work for Conductor Searchlight?

Learning about Conductor?

Conductor Searchlight Reviews

Ask Conductor a Question
Showing 96 Conductor reviews
Conductor review by Jackson  C.
Jackson C.

"Conductor Searchlight Review"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Conductor Searchlight is that they not only provide a large amount of data for you to use, it is set up in a manner that makes it all easy to understand. When issues do arise, the customer service is top-notch.

What do you dislike?

Because there is so much to see, it is sometimes difficult to find what you are looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a software that will help you improve your clients' search visibility, Searchlight is the tool. The large amount of data it collects along with the robust reporting system gives you the ability to monitor, adjust, and report your improvements in a way that is very easy to do.

We are able to identify areas of improvement for our clients regarding search visibility and are able to accurately track our progress throughout the campaign. We are also able to identify markets where we need to focus more of our effort, keeping us from working on areas that aren't as important to the client.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Conductor Searchlight
Conductor review by Garrick B.
Garrick B.

"conductor searchlight | increase customer acquisition & loyalty"

What do you like best?

easy navigation to opportunities. for instance, we discovered that over half of our audience used organic search to navigate to online account management. conductor searchlight helped us insure our online account management page was optimized. more than that, conductor searchlight delivered insights for additional high engagement content for the online account page. we were able to expand the single account management into an entirely new section of content that crossed over into marketing and prospecting acquisition funnels.

What do you dislike?

we lack headcount for all of the opportunities that conductor searchlight delivers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

for most businesses, regardless of industry, organic search drives over 4 out of 10 visits to websites from prospects and customers who span the entire funnel spectrum. conductor searchlight easily integrates with platforms to gather your organic search data to help magnify and raise up insights for easy-to-see and easy-to-execute incremental growth opportunities. conductor searchlight eliminates the mystery of organic search visits, neutralizes the need for seo expertise, and delivers the what, when, who, why, and how of organic search visits. conductor searchlight backs up their product with excellent customer service, a thorough and easy to use knowledgebase, engaging training sessions and resources, and a rapid response issue | ticket system.

conductor searchlight has solved the mystery of organic search visitors. 50% of visitors are managing an account and 50% are a blend of community and prospect visitors. csl clarifies data gathering and insights, and informs content design and planning for our personas. csl also delivered a consolidation solution for 10 websites. organic visitors have increased over 35%, including over 100% for specific products and services. the incremental traffic has solved for lead generation sources compared to additional headcount, list buys, and other ideas.

What SEO solution do you use?

Conductor review by Kenneth T.
Kenneth T.

"Great Insights, great services and overall very good SEO platform"

What do you like best?

Conductor gives us a lot of insights on keywords especialy on keyword performance, from there we can easily set and monitor which keywords are performing well and identify the ones that are not doing so good.

I also like the content recommendations coming from this tool where we can easily see the areas of our sites that can be be improved,

Aside from those, I would like to commend them on their superb customer service.

What do you dislike?

What I do dislike which I also hope they would be able to address is that data is presented on a weekly basis, hopefully they can add a feature where data is can be presented/tracked on a daily of monthly basis.

So far I love the content recommendations, this is a handy tool to see any areas that needs improvements that we could easily overlook without using the tool.

Conductor review by Roxi N.
Roxi N.

"Conductor saves me so much time researching data!"

What do you like best?

I love that this is an all in one tool that replaces others for use on a daily basis to increase productivity and significantly helps our marketing efforts. The train me videos and Conductor courses available are amazing! The customer support is beyond anything I've experienced, and someone at conductor is always available to help with questions!

What do you dislike?

There is really very little to dislike. It would be nice if some of the paid features were included like daily rank tracking, but this is such a small price to pay for what this tool offers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely take the courses available to show you how to use conductor most efficiently!

Increased data functionality in one location has helped me save time and effort finding the right data. Now instead of having to send reports that take hours to compile, Conductor does it for me using workspaces. I'm able to create quality content without doing a lot of research, that benefits the customer and drives people to our products. I use the audience intent explorer to find ideas for content creation.

Conductor review by Somer P.
Somer P.

"Our go-to SEO platform keeps getting better "

What do you like best?

Our Content and SEO teams both use this platform to help plan and strategize for future content opportunities, as well as analyzing the performance of our current content on our site. We use the audience intent explorer frequently when trying to come up with new topics to pitch to our copy writers, as well as ensuring that we are providing the best possible keyword suggestions. A personal thing that I love about the tool is that you can see how you rank but they break it out with answer boxes, image results, carousels, etc. It really gives you a great look at trends over time, also. It's a ton of information so you have to really be able to segment and know where to focus or you will spend a lot of time looking at the data because there is so much valuable information in this tool.

What do you dislike?

On a large scale, some of the processes for adding and associating keywords with a certain URL are very manual and not as user-friendly as the rest of the experience. Initially when setting up certain content categories, it is a manual process to get all of your keywords entered and associated with the URL you prefer so that you can see all of the data. Maybe in future instances of the platform there will be an easier way to bulk upload and update these assigned keywords.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The customer service and support provided by our rep is OUTSTANDING! She is always willing to hop on a call or share her screen to help us get workspaces set up or to make sure we are getting everything we need out of this tool. If you are considering using this product, definitely reach out and get a demo or at least talk to some of their reps because they are very knowledgeable and helpful when it comes to the product itself.

A huge benefit for our team is the ability to easily and efficiently use the workspace features with our team and to share with others. Whether you have a ton of experience in the tool or not, you can easily just click on a saved workspace and access the information you would like to see. I can create a workspace that will automatically show my team how a certain category or segment of our business is performing. You can also set up automatic reports that will go to your email each week/month/etc. This saves so much time and makes the reporting process much more efficient.

Conductor review by Cassie H.
Cassie H.

"Simple to use & difficult to be without"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the platform allows you to get the hang of it easily. Going thru training is imperative to knowing where all of the information is (as its easy to get lost in) but it has becoming imperative t o our companies capability.

What do you dislike?

Challenge for us has always been the right keywords. As a multi line retailer, its difficult to pick what to focus on thats going to provide the biggest win for the company. Beyond that, with a small team, and so much information, its challenging to leverage the platform to its fullest capabilities. It can do so much!

Partnering with their Managed Services team has been imperative for us to be able to do what we've done so far with the platform. Their guidance on what keywords to focus on, along side a plan on how we can monitor, measure and make changes to our site to fully see what we as a company are capable of has been the biggest challenge that we've leveraged the platform for.

Conductor review by Brandon M.
Brandon M.

"Conductor is an Industry Leading Tool"

What do you like best?

The partnerships that Conductor has created are by far the best in the industry (SEMRush, Webmaster Tools, Adobe etc.). Combine that with a top tier tool set and you've got a fantastic interface for evaluating success, competition and opportunity. The team I have worked with is responsive, efficient and have significant expertise in on-boarding clients as well as helping them to succeed.

What do you dislike?

My only complaint would probably apply to any analytics partner. Our profile is extremely long tail, so the amount of keywords that we need to track is massive. Unfortunately this means that we have to spread our keywords across multiple accounts, making it difficult to aggregate results and report on them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Conductor is a best in industry tool with a wonderful staff to help you onboard. I've been extremely happy with the interface and its capabilities. I would highly recommend Conductor to anyone in my field.

Our needs are primarily two-fold. 1) Monitor organic search presence and health, 2) identify opportunities for expanding our traffic sources. We just recently on-boarded with Conductor, but already will be using it to evaluate content focused efforts over the course of this year.

Conductor review by Thomas O.
Thomas O.

"A great SEO platform that keeps getting better"

What do you like best?

The audience intent explorer has probably been one of the best tools in the platform that allows us to ideate with our content and social teams easily to come up with new topics to write about on our site. The keyword tracking on a national level is spectacular as it factors in local packs, answer boxes and image results. Lastly the customer service is the best I've had anywhere, their reps are incredibly responsive and always answer right away.

What do you dislike?

As some have said here, you get charged for every type of keyword used. So having the same keyword on desktop, mobile and in multiple geos would go against your count for each of those instances. Also updating keywords in bulk is a bit of a clunky process in being forced to use and excel spreadsheet to manually add categories rather than a mass assign via the platform itself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Utilize the support team! Once you get the hang of the platform you'll be tempted to do everything on your own but they are a great resource to lean on.

We've been able to identify content gaps using content maps to find areas where we are missing. It also has made reporting a breeze in that it allows you to build workspaces which serve as convenient dashboards where you can also gather insights relatively quick.

Conductor review by Jasmine M.
Jasmine M.

"Good for Keyword and Content Insights"

What do you like best?

I like that Conductor gives you so much information and insights on keywords, search queries and content that is ranking/performing well. It also gives great info on competitors including what keywords they're ranking for, and keyword opportunities for users.

What do you dislike?

To track keywords for both mobile and desktop, you need to double your keyword expenditure - which can add up quickly. If you only have 1000 keywords to track, for example, you'd need to buy another 1000 to track on both mobile and desktop. Geo is the same situation - although I've yet to find a tool that will give you unlimited tracking abilities for head terms + geo tags. It just can become quite expensive for a larger site with multiple locations.

For us, it was about what content was performing well, and if the on-page optimization we're were doing made an impact. For this, Conductor is a great tool.

Conductor review by Jessie M.
Jessie M.

"Valuable Performance Metrics In One Place "

What do you like best?

I spend the majority of my time in Visibility Performance and I enjoy the top level progress metrics (moved onto the first page, dropped off the first page, moved into striking distance, no longer ranking, moved in/out first three positions, moved in/out position 1). These help me understand performance of created content and where there are areas of opportunity for clients. I enjoy the filtering options and the new calendar feature for setting view points. Being able to look at the search results helps me understand the competition better and how my clients websites are performing overall.

What do you dislike?

I have been enjoying the features of Conductor Searchlight thus far, I have not found anything to be lacking for my uses of the platform. I would like if data could be updated more frequently, instead of weekly, but this has not been a major hurdle for my use of the platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend time utilizing the many features Conductor Searchlight has to offer to ensure you are getting the full benefits of the platform. Understand your needs from the platform and find the features that can best improve your business and your clients needs.

Conductor Searchlight allows me to find areas of opportunity and growth for clients and ideate new content suggestions. I look at the search results to further investigate competition and how they are showing their content for improvement opportunities. I benefit from being able to further understand the industries of my clients through their performance. I'm improving rankings by understanding where keywords and respective pages are positioned in the search results and what the search results look like for each keyword.

Conductor review by Ana A.
Ana A.

"A platform that leverages keyword data better than the competition"

What do you like best?

I love Conductor Searchlight for all of the analytic features that come with its keyword tracking platform. Things such as great graphs and visuals, competitive insights at the page and keyword level, and content recommendations based on keyword discovery are all super helpful and powerful when showing results to clients. Customer service is also stellar.

What do you dislike?

I must admit I would like immediate or faster updates when it comes to keyword tracking changes as refreshing every Sunday sometimes seems too slow, but it’s a small price to pay for such a great tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use their customer service chat feature for any and all questions you may have; they are extremely helpful.

Clients that have indexing issues because of canonical issues, http-https, faulty redirects, etc. gained insight into the direct effects of these issues from a keyword perspective. Selling through a need for content SEO or technical SEO has been easier with data from Conductor.

Conductor review by Andrew B.
Andrew B.

"Great Insights, Even Better Service"

What do you like best?

I really like that the customer voice is readily available. It's incredibly simple to setup dashboards and automate reporting to your inbox. I also like that our data can be easily segmented into groups.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see more detailed on page recommendations and a deeper integration with 3rd party tools. This is something that's being addressed with the next product update. I'm really excited for it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I encourage others to evaluate all of your options. Conductor will stand out from the crowd.

The thing that separated them the most in my mind was Customer Service. Conductor has made Customer Service & Experience a priority and it can easily be seen during the on boarding process and continued support.

Conductor Searchlight is being used by our Marketing and Ecommerce teams within the organization to understand the voice of our customers. The tool has been a great measuring stick for our business...and has allowed us to understand all of our gaps and what we can do to address those gaps.

Conductor review by Ali H.
Ali H.

"Fantastic tool, better people"

What do you like best?

Conductor has an incredible team of industry experts that can help guide any level of team to improve their technical and tactical SEO.

The onboarding team has been incredibly helpful, flexible, and available in providing their expertise.

They have shown incredible dedication to learning about our industry in order to help us in the best way possible.

The tool itself has made incredible technological advances and integrations.

It is absolutely the best tool on the market for a comprehensive view of a business domain.

What do you dislike?

I would love if they had an office on the West Coast, I would love to be able to meet with the team in person more often.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Conductor Searchlight is a very indepth tool. I highly recommend spending A LOT of time with the onboarding team to get it set up correctly.

The time invested on the front end will greatly increase your productivity throughout your relationship with Searchlight.

The more you use the tool, the better it gets :)

We are working on fixing some technical website architecture changes which searchlight helps us discover through their tool.

The other primary problem we are solving is ideation for content creation. Conductor shows us the top keywords that are being used by competitors that have the highest search volume, so we have the opportunity to know which keywords are going to make the biggest impact

Conductor review by Cameron M.
Cameron M.

"Sophisticated Technology for Targeted Optimizations"

What do you like best?

Conductor Searchlight allows me to work smartly and efficiently, which is a game-changer when you are a part of a small team. The recommendations that I present impact the workload and priorities of my team members and organization, so having a trusted platform to support those recommendations is key, and Searchlight is that trusted partner for our SEO efforts. I appreciate the countless ways that the data can be filtered and organized, since this allows me to gain valuable insights and present it to my team in a succinct and digestible way.

What do you dislike?

I truly enjoy this platform. There was a learning curve when I first began using Searchlight, but the excellent and well-organized training sessions that Conductor provides alleviated the stress of mastering the technology.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Conductor has a massive suite of features, and depending on the needs of your business, you may or may not need all of these features. Identify the key areas of support that you are looking for, and work with the sales team to customize a solution that works best for you.

Audience research and content optimization are two areas of interest for myself and my team, and Searchlight meets both of these business needs. Understanding our customer is vital, and in a shifting market, it is important that we stay current with user search trends. Our competitive space is crowded, so identifying ways that we can differentiate ourselves from our competitors is key, and Searchlight allows us to do that with comprehensive content performance analysis and competitive comparisons.

Conductor review by Vito A.
Vito A.

"Conductor's SEO Searchlight Platform"

What do you like best?

Searchlight is easy to use and provides information such as keyword rankings, SEO recommendations and reporting tools that not only make my job easier, it provides great reports that clients can understand. The competitor data is also very helpful. It also provides next steps for finding content ideas, which keywords to target and which pages need to be optimized. These are just some of the tools. There are many other ways to use Searchlight to gain insightful information for clients.

Conductor's support is excellent. You can reach them by email or a chat feature and they're usually very quick to respond with the information required.

What do you dislike?

Would love to see additional SEO tools built into Searchlight such as an SEO audit which could identify issues and tie back to the keyword data for example. We currently have to do audits with other SEO tools. Aside from that, I can't think of anything else I dislike.

Searchlight enables me to focus on strategy by providing me support information I need to determine how to improve my client's visibility in the search engines, increase brand awareness and ultimately increase revenue, conversions, leads, etc.

With report features such as the keyword pipeline, I'm able to show positive progress from the start of an SEO campaign to current day.

Conductor review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Great platform with the most supportive team!"

What do you like best?

The Conductor team goes above and beyond to support me and my team. I always look forward to connecting the the Managed Services team, and their insights and deliverables are top notch. The Searchlight platform is very intuitive and offers custom views and reports, without requiring much effort to setup. The process to onboard is seamless and accompanied by great support. The Conductor team setup our account to cater to the structure of our websites and various team functions within our organization. Speaking on behalf of retail, Conductor is highly integrated with the industry, and offers support and resources to meet our business needs. Searchlight is a great product and the support from the Conductor team is astounding.

What do you dislike?

While getting setup, I ran into a few issues with how our URLs were being captured, but the team was able to provide a workaround, so we no longer have that issue. Other than that initial issue, I don't have any dislikes. I appreciate how anytime I had a concern, it was immediately addressed by their team, so that I may navigate without any issues moving forward.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Walk through the different areas on the website. Ask questions on business needs to see how Conductor can help address those needs.

Having such a lean team, it's difficult to address every question from every person across multiple teams. Conductor Searchlight served to take care of that issue for me. It allows me to create custom views for different teams, automate reports for them, highlight any immediate concerns and help them to identify top opportunities. Additionally, I have the team support of Conductor to help educate our internal teams about SEO and how to best leverage Searchlight, while also being able to provide the value of building components of the tool on our behalf.

Conductor review by Mike T.
Mike T.

"Our Primary SEO Tool with Incredible Customer Support"

What do you like best?

The Conductor Searchlight tool itself offers the best user experience in the industry and provides 90% of what we need to manage our global SEO initiatives (5% through their partnership with Deepcrawl for site audits and see what I don’t like for the other 5%). In addition to being a powerful tool that can provide keyword/competitive insight, site/page performance and customizable reports, the support team at Conductor is second to none and are available at a moment's notice via their integrated chat tool. Victor, Adam, Kevin, Anatolii - use them, they are a phenomenal support team. I also meet twice a month with my Account Manager Kevin to review our account and address any needs. As a Fortune 500 just getting started with a small SEO team, props to Kevin to keeping us focused and forging ahead.

What do you dislike?

The other 5% I mentioned earlier is the lack of a backlinks tool, but was just told that one would be coming here in the next couple months. I assume it will be through a partnership similar to Deepcrawl whom Conductor uses as their site audit arm (love Deepcrawl).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not necessarily related to Conductor, but ensure you map out all your needs before making the jump to an enterprise SEO tool (map our your keywords, both domestic and international, competitors - you guessed it, for both domestic and international. You can see it get get quite expansive very quickly). We underestimated our needs and will now need to ask for additional funding.

As I mentioned earlier, we are a Fortune 500 company with no prior SEO resources until I took this role just last year. As a team of two, in charge of multiple site variations spanning over 40 business units around the world, it was a challenge for us to get up to speed. Thus our desire for a tool that could be our one-stop shop and launch our SEO endeavors from ground zero. We use our Searchlight partnership for everything, from keyword research to site audits to SEO performance reports. We utilize this insight to provide data on where we are doing well and where we can improve and drive additional resources (funding, content authors and site dev modifications) to support our efforts.

Conductor review by Administrator in Retail
Administrator in Retail

"Conductor has been a game changer"

What do you like best?

Conductor provides end to end support for every conceivable SEO question, whether you are completely clueless in the space (as we were), or have an established base of best practices. The Conductor team is super flexible and provides customized recommendations with actionable steps to take in response to literally any request or question we pose to them.

What do you dislike?

Conductor has provided us with specific product naming recommendations, blog post titles, and product description recommendations that will align our content best with the relevant queries people have for our space. This is huge, since prior to Conductor, we were essentially shooting in the dark. They've given us the framework and direction that can guide any new content we put out on the site.

The issue is that as a scrappy team, we are still fairly resource constrained and it's tough to properly prioritize and staff the work itself. Obviously Conductor can't literally make the changes or do the site work for us, but it has been tough to keep pace with the speed of the recommended improvements they make.

With conductor's help, we've already put massive improvements into place across product pages, collection pages, blog content, product naming conventions, and more. they've also done a great job of educating us on the reasoning behind the suggested changes, so that our entire team is learning about SEO as we go-- not just following specific orders or instructions.

We are actively monitoring our direct ecomm competitors to see whether they are gaining share on any key terms and reacting accordingly. We're also monitoring our huge, indirect competitors in the space to watch if there's anything we can learn from their tactics or holes in their strategies that we can exploit.

Conductor review by Joseph W.
Joseph W.

"Great Tool for Measuring Visibility and Planning Editorial Calendars"

What do you like best?

Conductor allows my team to be constantly aware of our clients' keyword ecosystems and enables us to make strategic and custom decisions best targeted to individual clients. Only having access to keywords that sites rank for (which is the case for other tools) deeply inhibits a teams ability to improve performance.

What do you dislike?

The interface can be a little clunky at times, but the product team is always hard at work improving the experience and are always responsive to feedback

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely, explore the competitive intelliscope and content type explorer features during your demo. These tools offer great insight into your keyword ecosystem

Conductor closes the gap between creating content valuable to readers and creating content that ranks well and drives worthwhile organic traffic.

Conductor review by Jerry L.
Jerry L.

"Powerful Research Tool"

What do you like best?

I am the in-house Copywriter for my company and I exclusively use Conductor Searchlight to help research key words to craft product copy, landing pages, email marketing campaigns and Blog articles. I like to have that insider edge to see how customers are searching and finding my products.

What do you dislike?

The platform is huge and it will take a very long time to understand and to effectively use all aspects of Conductor Searchlight, but I plan on taking the time to become an expert because I constantly find a new way to utilize it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great tool that helps organize and display website and page analytics in a detailed easy-to-understand format and lays out suggestions for page improvements. Customer Service is very helpful and I have received excellent training to get me started with Conductor. Plus, they are very accessible and I feel I can go directly to whom I'm comfortable speaking to if I have any questions or concerns.

I use conductor for SEO and to track how our website is performing globally and page by page. It puts me in touch with accurate analytics to help me produce the best copy I can. It has assisted me with landing on page 1 of Google 100s of times and also get back to page 1 when I have fallen off. It really shows the strengths and weaknesses of the webpages.

Conductor review by Robyne G.
Robyne G.

"A+ Tool for Content Analytics"

What do you like best?

It would be very difficult, if not impossible, to track all the visibility, performance, and market share information internally. Searchlight not only provides this information, but does it in an easy-to-use UI that allows us to create efficient content strategies with confidence.

What do you dislike?

It's a little more difficult to get information based on the product detail page, but Searchlight provides enough information that we can easily and successfully base our PDP content objectives on the metrics given.

Searchlight helps us recognize ways we can increase in market share and conversion. By providing relevant details and real-time metrics, Searchlight helps us easily track our progress and understand what is and is not working.

Conductor review by Dillon B.
Dillon B.

"Professional, Helpful and Insightful!"

What do you like best?

They are with you every step of the way. Whether you are new to the SEO world or are just looking for a new way to go about your strategies, Conductor Searchlight is an exceptional option. The platform is intuitive and effective, and the customer service is top notch.

What do you dislike?

I honestly have no complaints. They are always available for anything you might need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this to anyone.

It has helped to organize and steer part of our SEO strategy. There have been a ton of benefits from education about SEO to execution of a strategy.

Conductor review by Agency
Agency

"Excellent Platform with a Responsive Support Team "

What do you like best?

Conductor allows my team to build out comprehensive keyword categories for clients that offer the same service in different parts of the nation. This allows us to view the performance for keywords at a local level and identify the needs/wants of consumers in a given area.

What do you dislike?

You cannot report on a date until that week is over. For situation where the next month starts in the middle of the week, you cannot get all the data for the previous month until the following week.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a tool that tracks metrics and performance trends for organic search visibility than this is the tool for you.

Conductor helps make the connection as to why your site is performing well for a set of keywords and show what competitors are doing to outperform you in other keyword categories. I highly recommend using the competitive intelliscope and market share tools.

Conductor review by Katie G.
Katie G.

"The best in the market"

What do you like best?

Conductor has the best ranking tracking abilities on the market. Being able to track everything on a local server is crucial to our business. They are also able to pull in data from SEMRush, Adobe DeepCrawl and Webmaster tools in a meaningful way. They also have amazing customer service that always respond quickly to any questions or concerns.

What do you dislike?

It took some time to learn the platform and to get fully integrated with all of the tools and partnerships. However, after being a user for the last 6+ months, this is no longer an issue for me.

As I mentioned before, being able to look at our keyword rankings and competition on a local level has changed our perceptive. We recognized new competitors from this and it is helping us push our projects through.

Conductor review by Administrator

"Professionalism + Quality Tool = Happy CEO and Managers"

What do you like best?

Visibility Performance is great. It's great not only because of the quickness that you can access that information, but for any SEO professional, it's the information that you should be looking for: wins/losses, featured snippets, dropped off first page, etc. This is an important part of your day to day and it allows you to really focus on what you need to.

What do you dislike?

Not a lot in terms of backlinks checking. Backlinks is not a huge factor in terms of SEO anymore, but it is good for branding. You won't find a whole lot on links, but that's okay.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are tools that are used for SEO professionals at certain stages in their career. This tool is a great tool for people at all stages in their career. There is value there. Pay attention to onboarding and see the wholistic approach to help you.

Also, never think your questions are an imposition to their team. Ask away. Other software companies either charge you for that, or you won't hear back for a long time.

We are solving our competitive gap issues with our main competitors. By realizing these distinctions we are able to formulate a strategy on how we can swipe their keywords and how we can better utilize our resources to close the rankings gap.

Conductor review by Cole W.
Cole W.

"Such a Great Product, I Don't Know Where to Begin"

What do you like best?

Honestly, the best thing is not the product but the customer service. The team at Conductor is there to help me every step of the way, whether I have questions based on the product or SEO I know that I can always reach out to them. I can shoot them an email and get an answer within 24/hrs. which is something not all "tool" companies do.

Also I have to give props to their UX team. The look and design of the product is modern and updated, which is a far cry from a few other products that I have used in the past.

What do you dislike?

I will say the one thing that I dislike about Conductor is it's so massive. It's taken me a few weeks to figure out the product (Which is a good problem to have.) and at times I feel like there is so much more that it can do.

Conductor allows me to track keyword data of all of my keywords and it also gives me a past history, of what's been done on this domain which is great for me as a user who is new to this industry.

"Conductor Searchlight Review"

What do you like best?

Conductor is great at presenting your keyword data as insightful graphs and visuals as well as organizing data into keyword insights or specific page insights. I like that I can see what page is ranking for what keywords so we can optimize that page for what matters most to it.

What do you dislike?

The once a week data refresh isn't always often enough. When you open Searchlight Monday morning some of the keywords' ranking has already changed from what it's reporting.

For awhile parts of our website weren't being seen by Google bots and we weren't aware of it, Conductor helped identify the problem so we could find the solution. That's a huge win. Currently, Conductor Searchlight helps us identify opportunities for new content as well as ongoing optimization to current pages.

Conductor review by Shaina M.
Shaina M.

"Great product, tons of analytics and insights"

What do you like best?

I like how much information you can glean from Searchlight. There's probably more in there than I could ever explore, but we're always learning new ways to use the product and optimize our content and based on the insights Searchlight provides.

What do you dislike?

I think, initially, the product might seem super intuitive for folks who are less familiar with SEO and analytics, but the Conductor team is always willing to jump on a call, demo features, answer questions, you name it. I also think with any product offering as many features as Searchlight, there will always be a bit of a learning curve.

One thing that's been helpful are the automated reports, particularly the "New Insights" report which is kind of a broad update/highlights of things we're tracking in Searchlight. From answer boxes (always exciting) to organic search details, it's a nice reminder to get into the system and explore where we're performing. Similarly, the weekly reports you can create are a nice snapshot of how we're performing for particular keywords.

Conductor review by Darren S.
Darren S.

""Conductor Searchlight is a Great tool for SEO!""

What do you like best?

There are lots of things to love about Conductor Searchlight. They have a really in-depth keyword research explorer. You won't need another keyword research tool. They also provide a great platform to see your monthly keyword searchers, your URL rankings, and whether or not your rankings have increased or decreased. I really enjoy their competitor rankings that allows you to see where your competitors are ranking. Finally, their customer service is the best.

What do you dislike?

I wish they offered a backlink profile with their software. They offer it through a third party.

Improving our search engine optimization.

Conductor review by Kristin R.
Kristin R.

"Conductor has exactly what I am looking for..."

What do you like best?

The Content Type Explorer was the main reason why I switched from a previous SEO platform to Conductor. I absolutely love it. It takes optimization to the next level, by helping me identify which type of content I need to create to rank for key searches.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. :) But I have suggestions: I would like to have the ability to duplicate reports without having to recreate each one from scratch. And I'd like to see recommendations for Google Jobs.

We invest a lot in media, promotions, and advertising to drive traffic and leads to our website. Search optimization pays off in big ways because our website is the main lead gen avenue we use!

Conductor review by Nadene E.
Nadene E.

"Invaluable insight"

What do you like best?

Conductor neatly wraps all the info you need to make business decisions in one great package. Using Competitor insights tools, I can see when someone is making changes to their pages or even adding new products. Using the business case tools, I can see how changes we make to our site will have an impact on revenue and SERP positions. In addition, I can monitor daily changes in rankings on both desktop and mobile devices, in specific geo-locations.

What do you dislike?

It can be cumbersome to make large site-wide change to the keywords - it takes careful import and export. Get it right the first time (use the excellent hands-on assistance Conductor provides).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it up and running quickly - let the support team do the heavy lifting.

We are making pivots to our SEO strategies and products every day with Conductor Data. We add and drop keywords as needed to keep up with trends and data, as well as find new words to monitor and track.

Conductor review by Jason L.
Jason L.

"All-in-one SEO tool built for the enterprise"

What do you like best?

I like how Searchlight has combined many tools into one. Instead of managing subscriptions and having data sprawled across multiple other tools and vendors, everything is in one place.

As someone who manages 12+ brand sites, Searchlight saves my team a ton of time when it comes to reporting, analysis, and monitoring.

Customer service has always been great and support responds quickly should any issues arise.

What do you dislike?

No real paid search integration, no custom alerting (that I'm aware of), no roll-up reporting

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a platform that can scale with you, Conductor Searchlight is a good choice. The value is in the tool's ability to scale with an organization/enterprise.

We are changing the way we name our products based on user search intent

Saved time and money on reporting and monitoring

Easily identify areas for optimization across our site portfolio

Conductor review by Matthew F.
Matthew F.

"Powerful Reporting Features and Committed Support Teams"

What do you like best?

The tool allows enough enough flexibility to create just about any report I want and has an interface that not only makes it intuitive to navigate but guides you to tell meaningful stories with your data. Other tools I've used have made me realize that more levers to pull isn't always a good thing. Conductor provides the right levers when you need them.

The support team and account teams are always ready to help and proactively add value by challenging my team to use the tool more effectively and working with us to create solutions for our specific needs. The expertise and thought leadership of the organization shows me they have a good pulse on the industry and innovate to provide the solutions customers need. It's a pleasure working with Kat, Joe, and Meghan!

What do you dislike?

Reporting output isn't as flexible as I would like. As an agency it can be difficult to get the output to be as polished as a report made in PPT or to integrate with other reports for channels we are working on outside of search. That said, the Conductor team has heard our feedaback and made some adjustments to the tool according to our requests, which is much appreciated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Conductor will provide more value with the more you put into the tool. Proper configuration at the start will ensure you can get the most out of the tool.

We help our clients realize more value from organic and paid search channels with a commitment to accurate reads of user intent and lead quality.

The greatest benefit from Conductor is the ability to organize data in a concise way to test the effects of specific site changes and tell the story of the work we are doing both internally and for our clients. SEO involves many variables that may affect performance and any recommended change is only as effective as the report you can show to investigate effects. Conductor gives us the confidence to isolate areas of expected impact before and after site changes are made so we can clearly see the results and what to do next. The reporting suite also provides a layer of automation that has saves us countless hours of repeated compilation of common reports and views.

Conductor review by Chuck K.
Chuck K.

"Essential SEO software"

What do you like best?

This is enterprise-level software that's essential for any company that needs to track thousands of keywords. It's pretty easy to use even though it comes with many features. I use it every day in my job. The best parts of it for me are all the charting options to see how you're doing over time and over your competition.

They also have great customer service. Our account team is great, and whenever I need a question answered, they're very quick to respond.

What do you dislike?

The hardest thing about Conductor is maintaining your keywords using Excel uploads. While there are ways to add and change your keywords from the UI, they're only good for small, simple changes. When you're doing many changes, you need to do the changes in Excel first, then upload to Conductor. Can be a pain depending what you're trying to do.

Conductor lets us track our SEO performance over time, and against our competitors.

Conductor review by Carrie Anne P.
Carrie Anne P.

"Been Watching Conductor Grow for Over 6 Years"

What do you like best?

I love having access to so much data in one spot, especially competitor comparisons. I am a huge data nerd and love diving into the different facets of Conductor.

What do you dislike?

When I took over my current position (client side from agency side) my keyword list was a disaster. It still needs improvement but I am working to get it there. However, a 19K keyword list is hard to cut down. Essentially, if your keyword list doesn't align with your goals, business line, etc. then the whole product is useless.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It may not be perfect, but it is growing and since I first started using Conductor in about 2010 it has made nothing but positive strides (no Windows Vista mishaps here). I think its the best product for its use and I have had experience with almost every other competitor.

Ways to better target our most valuable market. Ways to create content and solve all the issues in efforts to take over search results for our industry. *evil laugh*

Nothing feels better than using Conductor to uncover an opportunity, making changes and watching our rankings (and e-commerce metrics behind the scenes) improve.

Conductor review by Jonathan R.
Jonathan R.

"Searchlight Review"

What do you like best?

I liked the ease of use of the platform in relation to what I was trying to accomplish. As a copywriter I found the keyword search for topics etc to be very helpful when I was trying to optimize.

What do you dislike?

In my current role a lot of the platform isn't currently particularly relevant to me, so I can't pinpoint anything that I did not like as I was very happy with my experience.

I am trying to optimize my copy to boost engagement.

Conductor review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"Conductor lets me know everything... about everything."

What do you like best?

When I need to do research on a new topic, there's audience intent explorer. I can understand which keywords I should be focusing on there.

When I need to see where I'm visible and where I'm not visible, there's Content Performance and Visibility Performance.

When I just want to hop in really quick and see what improved and declined over the last week, there's insight stream!

What's not to like...

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the data can be misrepresented - we've had a few discrepancies but they were resolved once we put in a ticket with the live chat.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It might be expensive, but you'll make your money back, and then some.

We want to be even more visible on the web. We're solving that by creating better content than ever, and putting our customers first. By allowing our customers to interact and learn everything they could possibly need to know about our service, we close an easy sale when they sign up.

Conductor review by Mitchel H.
Mitchel H.

"Great insights and monitoring when implementation is done"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that you can see your marketshare in terms of SEO compared to other companies in your specific industry. It makes it that I can effectively focus on terms where we are lacking compared to the competition and optimize content to take first place on google. And after I made my changes I can check weekly or monthly if it had any effect compared to the reference date, which is great.

What do you dislike?

One small thing is that i would like to have more access to niche or dialect search terms, especially in the Belgian market where they do not always speak general Dutch it would help a lot.

Mainly SEO and content optimization.

Conductor review by Administrator

"Not worth the investment, tool lacks the ability to provide concise recommendations "

What do you like best?

Hard to say. This review is to steer users away from Conductor Searchlight based on a poor experience/disappointing outcomes using the tool.

Conductor Searchlight tries to impress the user with an overwhelming amount of data - however, once you look past the fancy dashboards you can see that it's not worthwhile for an overall SEO strategy for small or large organizations (note they struggle to scale to larger companies' needs). This tool is telling you what you already know based on Google Analytics and free SERP tools - your traffic is mainly coming from organic, these specific pages are driving the most traffic due to answer boxes, specific keywords etc. Here's where you rank in Google results, here's how many searches there are per month for specific keywords - again; this is ALL FREE ONLINE. You do not have to pay Conductor for this information. The tool is not telling you where the gaps are - in terms of what content pushed you out of the 1st page of results, what content your competitor developed recently that secured them an answer box etc. They will spend all this time tracking irrelevant keywords and when you ask them for help, they'll send you a bill for $2500. Avoid wasting money on Conductor Searchlight.

What do you dislike?

Conductor has a TON of turn over, which means you have to repeat yourself ALL.THE.TIME. to someone new. They nickle and dime you for everything. Once your account is set up (which is painfully slow on their end) you continuously hear things like "our pro-services can do that for thousands of dollars" or "you'll need add more keywords for that - which will be thousands of dollars" or "that's an add-on feature not in your current package, you can add it for a few thousand dollars". This makes for a poor relationship between the vendor and the client - because it stems from a lack of communication on their end and poor on boarding for the client to really understand your needs and explain their services clearly.

In terms of the technology itself - the gems of information are in there...somewhere. If you're looking for concise recommendations like what content will garner more organic traffic for your site, this tool is NOT for you - this tool helps track how your existing content on your site is performing (you can do this for free; see above). If you see something drop off of page one - there's no clear path, based on the data in searchlight, on how to get it back up to that 1st page slot. (Again, pro-$ervices can help with this for thousands of dollars). If you need to develop new content and want to determine what to write, what keywords to include etc - this tool does not guide you there. I recommend BrightEdge over Conductor Searchlight. Nicer teams to work with, quick turnarounds, more bang for your buck, less nickle and diming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Avoid. Use Brightedge. They are so much better to work with!

I've realized that it's best to avoid this organization altogether.

Conductor review by Martin E.
Martin E.

"Great service, great product"

What do you like best?

I love how the team at conductor knows our business and works hard to get the best results for us, not just for them. They are on top of things and try hard to help even in ways we don't expect.

What do you dislike?

The UI can be a little clunky, but it becomes better with constant use.

We're solving SEO. They help us achieve visibility so that we can achieve proper market share.

Conductor review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Apparel & Fashion
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Apparel & Fashion

"Outstanding SEO tools and customer service!!"

What do you like best?

I love how involved the Conductor team is in making sure you are doing well and keeping up with SEO. They offer amazing tools like the recommendations list that have really helped our companies site make major SEO improvements!

What do you dislike?

I really don't have any complaints as of now! The tool is very user friendly and I love that the conductor team is very good with following up on our performance. Would say that I wish the crawler tool was included in the basic package, but because the tool is so great we will probably upgrade very soon!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are an expert SEO master or even new to SEO, Conductor is the perfect software for any and all types of companies! From big to small companies Conductor is really the perfect tool for all.

We have really been going through and better optimizing a lot of keywords that we just realized had a high search volume, and had low effort. We jumped to the fourth organic ranking for a keyword we had previously been struggling with!

Conductor review by Dmitry K.
Dmitry K.

"The best platform for 40,000 ft view and in-depth intelligence on your search activity"

What do you like best?

Conductor provides two key features for me: Visibility into key term trending (what terms are driving traffic and our position), and insights into our competition.

What do you dislike?

It's increasingly hard to justify a higher price point than a number of free to $200 services, and the release of Google Optimize is another ding. That said, the reality is that it's the only tool usable by both management and by SEO/Content teams, and the level of service, even on a self-serve basis, is tremendous.

Growth and visibility. Growth in the sense of valuable traffic, visibility in terms of where we are vis a vis the competition. This is particularly well suited for B2B, where search plays a heavy role.

Conductor review by Elizabeth W.
Elizabeth W.

"Good tool for accountability & prioritization"

What do you like best?

I love the ways that you can organize the data and then use workspaces to pull in graphs and charts that are useful to you from various areas of the platform all around one topic. For instance, I have workspaces for each of the major brands that we sell. These combine data from all areas of the tool, laser focused on each brand. So, I can divide my work efforts up and focus for a couple of hours on positioning or content for a particular brand and have all of the relevant reports in one screen in front of me.

What do you dislike?

I sometimes wish there were more tool tips available to remind me of what I'm looking at in some areas. You can always use the ? help link at the bottom of the page to get more info on that page or feature. I also wish there was an easy way to keep historical record of how my external backlinks have changed over time. Right now, I track that manually. Like for instance, I wish they would alert me when one of the external linking sites, either no follows the link or removes it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a look at their sample data they set up for you and make sure that you understand how their tools work. Take advantage of their training and certification programs. I find the system VERY easy to use, but I'm online working on analytics and dashboards all day. I did their training and completed their certifcation and find that I am well equipped to use the tool without premium support services. I have monthly calls with my success manager, she uses that time to help me build out new workspaces, evaluates areas of the platform I haven't been accessing and keeps me accountable.

I am an end user and the only daily user of the platform for our small company. We have a small team. I do lots of things. I use Conductor to quickly and clearly prioritize my SEO tasks. I use annotations and goals to track my success and failures and we use workspaces to keep other content creators in the loop as to their performance as well as reporting to management. Conductor does not do the work of search engine optimization for you. Instead, it reports and informs on what actions you could take, what your competitors are doing and keeps information for you on your rank position and content performance. Ultimately, the end user still has to go and create content, update the page values, deal with technical issues, etc. I find that it helps me to laser focus on high priorities as well as allowing me to enter in keywords that I've created or optimized content for and then keep track of performance over time.

Conductor review by User

"An Excellent SEO tool and unparalleled customer support"

What do you like best?

As a team that is driven by data, myself and the team enjoy the robust information and kw tracking that is provided by the tool. It takes us some time but parsing through the data provides us great insights to make sound business decisions.

What do you dislike?

That the data is updated weekly. We are in the tool daily and would like to see real time tracking or as close to it as possible.

For us, the tool provide us the ability to track keyword performance, understand out share of voice in the marketplace and make data driven decisions with regard to content optimization and performance

Conductor review by User

"Crazy powerful SEO platform"

What do you like best?

I love the competitive intelliscope feature of conductor, where you can see how your pages and keywords are ranking against the competitors that you have defined.

What do you dislike?

It is not the most user-intuitive platform, and there is definitely a ramp up period, or some training, needed to fully understand the capabilities of how it works.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Although it may not be the most user-friendly, the capabilities and data that you are able to pull from Conductor is nothing short of impressive and extremely useful.

We are solving business problems by viewing specific areas where we can better improve our site, as well as define what and how customers are searching for content so we can maximize web visibility.

Conductor review by User in Computer Software

"Helping our content team use SEO as a real asset!"

What do you like best?

As a part of the content team I used conductor to gather stats not only about the key words and terms we were trying to rank our articles for, but also to see how our articles were performing (even the bad ones!) Conductor helped us plan and strategize on how we could improve existing content and what we should include in future content. The audience intent explorer helped us plan out our content calendar for months to come, especially if we were short on ideas.

What do you dislike?

It can be a rather time-consuming and manual labour process to search all the words and related key terms we're trying to research. It would be great if there was a way to upload a list of bulk words from an excel sheet!

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are a lot of tools within Conductor, so don't get overwhelmed or dismiss them. Really try to take advantage of tools and ask support for help to maximize your use!

It was easy for new team members to grasp the program, which allowed everyone to pitch in on SEO research. Conductor helped us plan and strategize on how we could improve existing content and what we should include in future content to reach our ranking goals!

Conductor review by Steve 'Berto' B.
Steve 'Berto' B.

"Conductor has been a great addition to our reporting needs for years"

What do you like best?

Diving into endless details is nice, but Conductor makes it easy to monitor thousands of terms for us and competitors while streamlining the reports and communication process.

What do you dislike?

With any tool set that contains many features, managing all that information is challenging. While some parts of Conductor tools are a bit cumbersome, they are constantly improving the interface and the overall ability to get at what you need easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When first setting up, lean on your Conductor team to help as much as possible so you can hit the ground running.

We always strive to improve our overall exposure in our search engine presence, while communicating back to our internal teams how we are progressing. That communication has in turn made it easier for our sales teams to do their jobs.

Conductor review by Walter T.
Walter T.

"It's all about results - and I've driven awesome results using Conductor"

What do you like best?

It's simple and fast to get up and running, and easy to use. That's important, when you want to show concrete results sooner than later.

What do you dislike?

While it may have some insights, if you want Conductor to have the answers for you, that's not going to happen. You should be SEO savvy and find opportunities with the information that's there.

Visibility of rankings

Understanding competitive space

Finding opportunities

Looking at trends

Conductor review by User

"An easy to use rank tracking & SEO reporting platform with great UX/UI"

What do you like best?

Conductor's visibility performance allows me to get as high-level or as granular as I need to, allowing me to effectively manage and review SEO performance across a variety of clients.

What do you dislike?

I used to use Brightedge and would love if Conductor could release something as robust as the Data Cube, but their Domain Explorer is still a fantastic tool.

Conductor allows us to give clients competitive insights using charts and data that are pretty and easy to understand. This gives clients peace of mind about how their sites are doing compared to both competitors we are tracking, as well as any other website they want us to analyze.

Conductor review by User in Medical Devices
User in Medical Devices

"Updated Review - Conductor has been a valuable tool for our organization"

What do you like best?

Conductor heavily influences our content strategy. I rely on Conductor for research prior to investing resources into content.

What do you dislike?

A bigger team would be nice to fully utilize this tool, but you can get great benefits with small teams.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The team will make this very easy to implement and will help you with research. Conductor continues to add features to the platform to make this a more valuable tool.

Conductor has helped make the case for SEO and its importance in our organization. Prior to conductor, we had no true content strategy. Now we are able to use this tool to build a formal plan.

Conductor review by Lauren O.
Lauren O.

"Great Support for Advanced Tool"

What do you like best?

There are so many different capabilities. I feel like I have the support to be successful and get the help I need with this complex tool.

What do you dislike?

Searchlight is a very advanced tool with many options, which is a positive. The only thing I would say I "Dislike" is that the tool can be overwhelming. That being said their "chat" tool is extremely helpful - where I can quickly get pointed in the right direction.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Up front Set Up will be your key to success

We are looking to increase Auto Binds from Organic Traffic. The ability to

Conductor review by User in Writing and Editing
User in Writing and Editing

"Great for a non-dedicated SEO person/team"

What do you like best?

The customer support for the platform has been top-notch. They always went above and beyond to help. We started off using them because we did not have anyone dedicated to SEO in our marketing department and between the in-person calls, the online webinars and the yearly conference, we have been able to groom an SEO expert.

What do you dislike?

There are so many features that if you just have a smaller team dedicated to SEO, it can be very overwhelming. We found that we did not use the majority of the new features that they keep adding, but are paying for. It was great in the beginning for people who didn't know much about SEO, but now that we have grown with the technology, we find that we are able to do much of the leg work ourselves through Analytics (and for free).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Conductor is great for beginners in SEO who need a "full-time" person dedicated to research and aggregating data. Once you get the hang of it though, it becomes very feature-rich; which may or may not fit your needs anymore.

We have a lot of products serving in a lot of industries and Conductor has helped us segment keywords and categories to make the breadth of our company a little more digestible. The competitor research is great, as well as the recommendations (if you are a beginner).

Conductor review by Jay M.
Jay M.

"Conductor Helps SEOs Narrow Focus and Drive Results"

What do you like best?

Conductor is constantly working to improve the already great Searchlight SEO platform to deliver a wealth of great information in one easy-to-use tool.

What do you dislike?

I wish that the Audience Intent Explorer feature in Searchlight would render results on the exact keyword search, as well as just the related searches. I often jump over to something like SEMrush when I need a quick look at an exact keyphrase.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Expect Conductor to be constantly looking for ways to improve the Searchlight software. Their customer service is top-notch, and their ongoing series of learning sessions are very informative.

I am always seeking to grow organic traffic within the various channels and from the identified audience particular to those channels.

Conductor review by Tyler P.
Tyler P.

"Excellent SEO Tool for Reporting"

What do you like best?

Conductor has been an excellent source for SEO reporting for our clients. The tool has a lot of different segments, but simple to use. I use the tool every day in my position to track keywords, and compare how our clients are doing against competition. Also, there is always someone from the Conductor team available, if you ever need help.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about Conductor is I wish there were more reminders on what every segment does within the tool, because I only use certain segments within the tool. If there were more reminders, it may help me use more within the tool for reporting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Conductor is perfect for companies looking to improve and learn more about Search Engine Optimization. This tool also comes with a great staff always willing to help with any questions.

Search Engine Optimization - I use the tool to help our clients understand keyword data and how they are comparing against competitors.

Conductor review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Couldn't justify the continued investment"

What do you like best?

Conductor has much more flexible and reasonable billing structure than Brightedge, and their features are comparable. The graphs and charts look impressive for presentation to executives to help them understand the value of SEO and how you're doing vs. competitors.

What do you dislike?

They perennially seem like they're an "also ran" to Brightedge vs. a company that really innovates and blazes their own course innovation-wise.

Ultimately there's not much you can do in the tool that you couldn't also do manually, albeit with a lot more elbow grease.

Their sales force is good, but when we asked them to come up with sample reports that would really blow our prospective clients away, they didn't come through.

Also be careful of their billing--they will continue to charge you even after you've discontinued service regardless of whether you're using it or now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Obviously compare your needs against Brightedge, but don't forget to also look deeply into newer companies like Linkdex, Searchmetrics, or STAT who might be a better fit for your business or client's budget or needs.

The main thing is looking for a way to report on SEO in a way that clients will understand the tangible benefit they receive from it. In that sense the tools does a decent job, but given their pricing it's hard to justify this price point year in and year out.

Conductor review by Executive Sponsor in Machinery
Executive Sponsor in Machinery

"Great SEO Platform Partner"

What do you like best?

The onboarding support is fantastic, but often companies fail to deliver after that. The ongoing support and strategic calls have been very beneficial to help solve problems and come up with new innovative ideas as the market changes.

What do you dislike?

More engagement with the long-term strategy of Conductor would be great (i.e. BETA group being engaged in what new features to implement, what's coming up, etc...)

Measuring performance for content marketing efforts is a challenge without a tool that can trend over time. We were looking for a platform that would help us determine (automatically) if we were increasing online market share, measure competitively, and identify opportunities. Searchlight provided the team with a great set of tools, backed by expertise and training that was well matched to our goals. Since implementation, use of the platform on the team has grown along with increase in content awareness and engagement.

Conductor review by User in Broadcast Media
User in Broadcast Media

"Great features, labor intensive product"

What do you like best?

Amazing insights, really deep reporting. You can get a strong sense of the best content on your site and how well you are doing against competitors, which is helpful. Easy dashboards and the platform itself is intuitive to understand.

What do you dislike?

Super labor intensive to implement any changes. Basically, you'd need a minimum of one staff member to even begin implementing recommendations, and really you could use more than one if you are large. It's expensive, and also staff turnover is high so you get bounced around from rep to rep.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you can make use of the ample intel you get form the product. It's such a deep dive on the site and offers so much data that it can be overwhelming if you don't have the right support on your end to implement. I think the issue isn't with Conductor per se as much as it is with the support you need to actually put their information to good use. A larger company with a bigger staff would likely benefit. It's also key to have a strong relationship with your IT team if you want to use this product. I'm the marketing department and while I have some level of control over the site, it's exceptionally difficult for me to make the back-end changes that would bump up our search results. So if you can't easily update H1, metadata, etc., then you will hit roadblocks. Again, not a Conductor issue - but something you should be mindful of before taking on the considerable cost.

How to create optimized content, which I have only scratched the surface of doing based on how much intel I have.

Conductor review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Implementation is going well"

What do you like best?

We are still in the implementation phase, but we have a large team that is supporting us and guiding us through the process. They clearly have a well-defined methodology for onboarding and many helpful training tools.

What do you dislike?

We have not used the tool enough to uncover any negatives.

We need to improve our domestic and international SEO rankings and gain additional insights that we can pass to our content team. We decided to use a platform as opposed to an agency in order to enable us to access real-time data on an ongoing basis so that we can continuously measure, evaluate and improve.

Conductor review by Saad S.
Saad S.

"Intuitive platform with stellar support team"

What do you like best?

Apart from the wonderful 1:1 service and training we receive from CS, I really enjoy using CS to build good looking, modular dashboards for our SEO strategy team. The UX in Searchlight is remarkable and the individual attention from account managers is superb

What do you dislike?

Certain high end features are behind a paywall even at the enterprise level

SEO research, SEM optimization, content optimization, identifying keyword opportunities within "striking distance" for our company

Conductor review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Enterprise features/support but enterprise price"

What do you like best?

In the SEO world, I think Conductor is especially useful for companies that need to supply SEO support and insights to many different internal entities, who monitor different websites or parts of a website. Conductor provides good visual insights and research functionality across your organization, and has a lot of support available inside the application for users and dedicated support reps for your administrator. Support has been really great, and is especially useful for outsourcing some SEO education to them to instruct your team members about how to best use the platform and what kinds of insights are available.

What do you dislike?

It's pretty pricey, so I wouldn't recommend it to an organization that doesn't have several different teams or set of hands dealing with SEO and content that can utilize the enterprise features and support.

We've had a few instances of performance issues, but not frequently.

I wish they had an overall measure of search visibility to compare domains against that's independent of the specific keywords you're tracking. Other platforms have this feature, and it's useful for showing executives not just results of specific project, but how the domain is faring overall compared to competitors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Their sales team is really smooth/persuasive. That wasn't a negative from our perspective, but I can see a situation where a company that only has a foggy idea of what they require from an SEO system but would be better served from a different system purchasing Conductor because of they'll definitely put on the better presentations/pitches to the exec team.

Visibility into search performance, keyword tracking, market presence

Keyword research tools for writers

Conductor review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"Amazing Platform, even more amazing employees!"

What do you like best?

The entire searchlight team is always so helpful when I run into an issue, or am not understanding something correctly. They definitely make me feel like they care and love what they do.

What do you dislike?

Searchlight is always looking to improve their platform and in doing that, we sometimes have to get used to the fact that we can't find anything because it's all moved... this really isn't a searchlight issue, but our own! I mean who really likes change at first anyways?

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are like me and didn't know where to start, don't worry, they spend more than enough time making sure you understand their product before letting you roam free and are always available for questions/concerns.

Searchlight has been very beneficial in not only seeing how we as a company are doing, but our competitors as well which has greatly helped us to achieve higher rankings.

Conductor review by User

"Intuitive, Comprehensive and Great for the Whole Team t oUse"

What do you like best?

Many ways of slicing the data, creating reports, setting alerts. You can quickly see how changes you have implemented are playing out.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was an option to integrate with Google Ads and Bing. (So that you can create and edit ads within the tool.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

If possible, have the whole team trained. even if some will not be primary daily users, they can receive notifications and tasks for follow-ups. (There's a great project management aspect to it.)

We are saving money by switching from an SEO agency to this tool. We decided to go for the "quick wins" first. By cleaning up some missing title tags and 301 re-directs, we started to see positive changes on our pages.

Conductor review by Brian C. E.
Brian C. E.

"The best vendor I've worked with"

What do you like best?

The client management that conductor has is absolutely amazing. They walk me through everything I need, and they really have made my professional life so much easier. I'm able to dedicate time to our SEO because of their help, otherwise I'd be clueless.

What do you dislike?

The organization of the Searchlight product could use some work. The platform is very robust and somewhat confusing to navigate.

My team has been able to dedicate the appropriate amount of time to SEO, report the right metrics, and learn about what we are doing well and what could use some improvement.

Conductor review by Heidy V.
Heidy V.

"Great tool for SEO"

What do you like best?

Conductor can be used for keyword analysis, understanding how your content is performing, investigate what competitors are doing and understand wins and losses.

What do you dislike?

Right now conductor offer mainly national and global ranking and keyword information and we would like more local options.

SEO, content creation and competitive analysis have been easier since we started using conductor.

Conductor review by User

"Easy to Navigate, Great Results"

What do you like best?

Conductor offers a multitude of different resources to make your business have a 100% better customer-facing presence. Ever since using it, our company has been seeing great results. It is extremely easy to use this site and has so many different features that can help a company. I can't say enough good things about this company and its features.

What do you dislike?

Really no complaints at all. Maybe adding a further analysis of the customer intent feature?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use all the tools available! They are great.

We are trying to optimize the website.

Conductor review by Ben N.
Ben N.

"Pleased With Conductor"

What do you like best?

Conductor is a really easy to use platform to track organic search performance. However, ease of use does not mean short on features.

What do you dislike?

There isn't a lot to dislike about Conductor. I've been using the software for awhile, and even then, I can sometimes find myself in a corner of the program I'm not sure how to use. But there's help on page, one click away, on every page.

The biggest business problem we solve using Conductor are tracking our organic keywords. It makes it easier to see where we're ranking for the keywords we find pertinent to our clients' business. We've also began using this information to dial up content creation strategies, to further aid in organic search rankings.

Conductor review by Ren L.
Ren L.

"The Most Dynamic and on Point Platform for SEO and Web Presence Management"

What do you like best?

Conductor is an extremely dynamic company that understands the speed things change in organic search and web presence management. During the close to three years I've been working with Conductor, the evolution of the platform was incredible, especially on how on point to the needs of digital marketing professionals the platform evolved. I leaded contract negotiations and implementation for Conductor searchlight for two digital marketing agencies, reaching close to 100 client account implementations. Conductor's customer success team worked with our team, on our pace, giving all support we needed to not only get up to speed with the platform but most importantly on how to acquire the best data to enable quality decision on SEO, content marketing and social media for our clients.

What do you dislike?

In the name of quality and stability, speed to market for new features suffers a little bit. However it is hard to do not appreciate how solid, stable and well built new features when they come out.

The integration with Google Analytics could be a little more in depth and backlink management integration is not on point.

Local search tracking needs more locations. Several big cities are not included.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Talk to your customer success team, open your goals, ask for their help, be transparent and they will take you there. Conductor is a Software As A Service (SAAS) product. Make sure you use both the software and the service. Combined, both are light years from competition.

SEO, Content Marketing and Social Media is all about how good is the data set you base your decisions off. Conductor Searchlight allows my team to sort out and find significant data quicker and as such make more and better SEO, Social Media and content marketing decisions.

Conductor review by User

"Conductor increased my SEO knowledge and practices"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that i get in dept insights about the complete market and what everyone's position is in terms of SEO. That way i can figure out why other companies are scoring better than mine and find a way to improve by optimizing content. Furthermore you can analyze if your changes made any impace by the week on week view in Conductor.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is difficult to find exactly that niche term or dialect you are looking for, i wonder if there is no searches on it, but i believe sometimes there is.

Mainly SEO really, it just helped to improve our store alot on that department which resulted in great outcomes.

Conductor review by User in Building Materials
User in Building Materials

"Easy access to all of your most important information!"

What do you like best?

Having all of the information I need in one easy spot. In addition to having this information, I know that I am in good hands if I have questions, or need more information to understand what it is I am looking at. There have both a wonderful staff, as well as online tutorials that can assist if you don't want to speak with a representative.

What do you dislike?

This is a tough question... I don't think I have much to say for dislikes other than every time they make improvements I have to re learn where everything is. That being said, their upgrades usually make my life easier, it's just learning where to look that can be frustrating for my personality, but again, multiple ways to get help so they do a wonderful job providing you with the resources to find what you need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While there is still work that could be done to improve the site, they are constantly keeping you in the know as far as future improvements and are open to all of your suggestions.

Ranking number 1 for everything! But I'm sure everyone is in that boat. They provide wonderful information and when combining it with GA, there are a million things you start to realize that can greatly assist in ranking higher.

Conductor review by Marc Z.
Marc Z.

"Great SEO tool!"

What do you like best?

Provides a great amount of useful data. Recommendations are easy to sort through and prioritize.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was an out of box way to see the pages that fixed things on. Unfortunately, this is only available as an add-on. I keep seeing the same recommendations and have had to resort to creating a spreadsheet to keep track of those edits.

Increasing our organic web traffic. Traffic was increased dramatically last year.

Conductor review by Corey D.
Corey D.

"Great SEO Tool"

What do you like best?

The best feature probably has to be analysis of what our competition is doing.

What do you dislike?

Nothing in particular that I dislike. The UI could be more responsive.

We are learning to target our audience better with better naming conventions.

Conductor review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Great Platform"

What do you like best?

The best part of this software for our business is definitely the competitive intelligence portions. We are constantly able to mine content topics by cross-analyzing our competitors' strategies and identifying openings. Conductor also has excellent rank tracking features that can be extremely helpful when tracking the success of your efforts. These ranks can be tracked across media types, result types, geographics, and search engines. Their content mapping feature is exceptional as well. When compared to similar solutions, such as Brightedge, Conductor definitely shines in the content generation and optimization department.

What do you dislike?

The SEO recommendations are pretty basic. We'd like to see more advanced on-page recommendations that our team would not be able to analyze in a minute or two of searching. Also, recommendations are geared towards a particular keyword without keeping semantically related keywords in mind as well. As the marketing technology landscape grows increasingly competitive, I've noticed some solutions that are comparable to what Conductor can provide at a fraction of the cost. These solutions, of course, come with a trade-off since Conductor definitely has some irreplaceable features, most notably, their content mapping pieces.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Conductor not only has a great product, but has also built a great culture around their product. They have incredible support and can also connect you with other SEO professionals to share ideas.

Conductor has definitely helped our web presence. In the time we've been using it, we've seen rank gains across the board for many of our long tail keywords. We've also had increased success with our content strategy.

Conductor review by Matthew O.
Matthew O.

"Consistently going above and beyond"

What do you like best?

The dynamic reporting, custom dashboards, integrations with GA and GSC data.

What do you dislike?

Keyword allotment system can sometimes be confusing.

Rank tracking, keyword distribution and opportunity analysis. Love the rich snippet detection for targeting quick answer, etc.

Conductor review by User in Computer Software

"Useful SEO Platform for Developing Strategy and Tracking Performance"

What do you like best?

Conductor serves as an easy-to-understand platform for uncovering problem areas and opportunities in SEO efforts. Its charts and dashboard views allow for easy performance tracking and reporting to upper management.

What do you dislike?

While the platform is useful, it is a bit limited in how far we can take it to directly improve search performance. More intelligent recommendations beyond the common "no h1 tag, meta description too long" would be helpful, if possible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a good tool for identifying very simple issues like poor meta descriptions, irrelevant titles, etc. that you'd otherwise have no visibility on, especially with larger sites. The dashboard feature is particularly valuable as it allows you to customize views and provide notes for executives to glance at and understand quickly.

Conductor helps us first to clean up simple issues like un-optimized meta descriptions, titles, etc. It also allows us to compare our search performance for specific keywords against competitors, which helps us focus on areas where having stronger content would push us in front of our audience, and helps us identify which areas we are already excelling in. It has helped keep our site clean in the eyes of search engines and has certainly contributed to our ability to maintain and improve search performance after a previous blow to our traffic from a Panda update.

Conductor review by Calvin S.
Calvin S.

"Powerful tool for rankings tracking and competitive analysis."

What do you like best?

Great features and support. Good for exploring new opportunities and analyzing competitors. Range of features opens of potential for many creative kinds of analysis and problem solving. Pace of development is quick and stability of software is high.

What do you dislike?

The reporting suite is good but could be enhanced even further. For example, not possible to anchor to a date range (pre website launch, for example) and to have rolling updates for then on. Would also like the ability to duplicate an entire workspace and change the category only to have the entire workspace update. Still use a handful of other features from other SEO point solutions. For example, don't currently use Searchlight backlinks feature. Would also like trended line charts per keyword for international engines.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is necessary to develop a good strategy for how you would like to categorize your keyword groups in order to get the most out of Conductor. Also think strategically about which competitor domains to track.

Searchlight covers almost everything keyword related for our needs. I think the strongest benefits are related to competitive analysis and exploration of new opportunities. Searchlight provides many clever dimensions on search results and this is invaluable when performing ad hoc analysis of past behavior as well.

Conductor review by Amy B.
Amy B.

"Very Thorough"

What do you like best?

Conductor is very thorough - several reports to help identify opportunities and monitor performance.

What do you dislike?

It can be a little tricky to navigate but they have a great training program and top notch customer service.

We primarily use it for technical SEO and keyword research/performance monitoring, we haven't yet used it on the content side but we do intend to.

Conductor review by Internal Consultant in Government Administration
Internal Consultant in Government Administration

"Great data visualization, good SEO tracking for the cost"

What do you like best?

I love the variety of reporting styles available, and it's really easy to involve other project managers in various dashboards. Plus, geographic tracking for SERP ranking is an awesome feature.

What do you dislike?

Cost was a bit steep for the size and scope of my company's projects - we could only do so much with the data mined through SearchLight. For a larger company with more folks working SEO, Searchlight would be a wonderful resource.

I used Searchlight to examine the results of an ongoing project - it was exactly what I needed to show the results of our SEO initiative to other stakeholders.

Conductor review by User in Hospitality
User in Hospitality

"Conductor"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to sort keywords and decipher data in different ways from the sorting abilities. It's also easy to create your own reports as well as check on any URL as to what they are ranking for.

What do you dislike?

The platform training was very poorly done and left me to figure out a lot for myself. Some reports aren't very intuitive and could use some on page descriptions.

Client keyword reporting, tracking, and trends.

Conductor review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Great product and really helpful team"

What do you like best?

I love the level of support at Conductor. Everyone is so helpful and responsive to our needs. The data and insights provided by the tool are great.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much. Usually if there is something that doesn't exist, we are able to reach out to the team and suggest it be added.

We are an agency and my team uses Conductor to manage our clients SEO efforts on a daily and weekly basis.

Agency in Internet

"Good Product Getting Better but Poor Support and Ethically Questionable Business Practices"

What do you like best?

The way the platform works and the way they organize data is fairly logical and easy to follow. The insights are very good and the usability is very good. The ability to segment data is excellent and makes it easy to slice and dice your performance in almost any way you could imagine. Their reporting is good, not great, but fairly easy to setup and work with, which is a good thing, as Martha Stewart would say.

What do you dislike?

This question falls into two buckets, the platform and their support and the company itself.

The platform itself had some issues showing changes over longer periods of time and as another reviewer stated, no way to be alerted of changes pro-actively in some cases. But overall, their product keeps moving forward in a positive way.

The support we got ranged was consistently bad or non-existent and this was probably because we were a smaller client. Client update and support calls always revolved around who could we refer to them or how they could sell us another feature that we should have already been provided.

After going to a local event sponsored by Conductor but led by other Conductor reps, we where stunned by how much they knew and how little ours communicated anything to us. I guess the lesson is good luck trying to get help if your support reps are not good, which was our case.

We went three months without updates and when we told them about this after month two, it was another month wait. Their billing system was a nightmare and what they wound up doing really endangered our livelihood.

We did not renew and our lawyers had to get involved, which was terribly unpleasant and mostly because of their non-existent communication.

Now with that written I can tell you that I still miss using their product, especially with the enhancements they have recently made. There is no doubt they are a serious player in the space and have a better product than many.

This product is all about SEO, primarily organic, to track what is working in the search engines, how your content is performing there and if your social media is getting any traction. ,Additionally how your competitors are doing and most importantly which of your initiatives are working for you and what is not.

The importance for us to have all of our critical SEO data in one platform and all in one tool versus others that have several tool-sets, such as MOZ cannot be overstated. For us, it was critically important when we worked with Conductor and it is even more so today with our current platform.

Conductor review by User in Financial Services

"Conductor is my go-to tool for SEO-related data"

What do you like best?

Conductor truly has their ears to the ground when it comes to understanding what SEO's need. As new technologies emerge, Conductor's development team is right there with a solution. Recently, Conductor rolled out the Audience Intent tool, which I use daily to ensure that we are using the appropriate keywords based on monthly searches vs. competitive usage. We've seen excellent results from these insights.

What do you dislike?

Not a dislike, but I wish I didn't have to wait for weekly results.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the online tutorials for areas that you many not initially understand. Conductor's chat function is very easy to use and the representatives are great.

Again I'll mention the Audience Intent tool. We have incorporated this tool's usage into our content reviews.

Conductor review by Steve W.
Steve W.

"Conductor Takes Search Optimization to New Levels"

What do you like best?

What our team values the most about Conductor is the staircase approach toward achieving ongoing growth in organic search. The moment you provision your account, the magic starts happening, opening doors to content improvements, new keyword opportunities based on competitor insights, prioritization by search volume, and recommendations that are ACTIONABLE with the click of a button. Our team understands that each task assigned, based on weekly data analysis, brings our clients one step up in driving new organic traffic.

What do you dislike?

There are a few technical bugs that most people will never see, but we like to break things, and have learned that sometimes special characters in fields can cause problems. Each time we find one, they fix it immediately. It's rare, but no innovation comes without growing pains I suppose.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Only use Conductor if you are committed and passionate about search. There's a lot of data to explore and opportunities to uncover and turn into tasks. Make sure you or your dedicated resource are willing to be accountable to the results and able to take the necessary time to create and schedule various reports, build out categories to measure yourself against specific competitors, and have the implementation team to execute.

We've found that vendors tend to be the largest roadblock for our clients. Using Business Cases to create a forecast based on click-through curves, average order value, and a reasonably-high ranking projection, gives our clients the arsenal and motivation they need to stand up to vendors (mostly CMS vendors) on technical issues that prevent maximum search visibility.

Conductor review by John F.
John F.

"The premier WPM and SEO platform out there. "

What do you like best?

In a world where Google does everything it can to reduce visibility on organic search such as (not provided), algorithm updates from some cuddly animal like Penguin or Panda, there's a desperate need for a platform to provide insights and recommendations in a true enterprise-class solution.

Conductor's Searchlight provides that, giving me keyword performance, page performance, as well as recommendations as to how to improve my keyword targeting, on-page performance, content, and link building. Additional integration with Google Analytics and data from Social gives further insights to a wider audience.

Conductor is definitely the top company in the enterprise Web Presence Management/Search Engine Optimization space, bar none.

What do you dislike?

In this world of more and more data, could always use more data, more top rankers, and the ability to get more of a firehose when it comes to this data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Always make sure to do a good evaluation process for products and services, and I always recommend that you get real output from the product if possible, as part of the evaluation process - get insights about your keywords and website if you can.

With Searchlight, we are able to get:

- An enterprise-class solution to report on our web presence across our pages, keywords and content

- Insight into how we rank directly versus our competitors

- A comprehensive view of backlinks

- Recommendations for our website and content in order to improve traffic acquisition and conversion

- Keyword Opportunities for us to add keywords and expand into more of a traffic stream

Conductor review by Kartal B.
Kartal B.

"Best tool out there to get you in the lead!"

What do you like best?

We see many tools out there which often give us so much data and we get drowned in.. however searchlight makes it much more structured to follow data and see opportunities clearer.

What do you dislike?

There is always room for improvement, as evetthing around us is getting smarter i think deep learning should be part of the system in the future.

It's important to see where we loose opportunities and how to close the gap, i think conductor is a great partner.

Conductor review by Tim F.
Tim F.

"Powerful SEO Tracking Tool"

What do you like best?

The sheer amount of available data makes the tool worthwhile. In particular, the Workspaces feature makes it easy to put together collections of data in regards to ranking performance. These Workspaces can then be easily shared with anyone, and are easy to understand even for non SEO people.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the interface can be a bit clunky and cumbersome to navigate through. Just jumping right into the tool without any type of training or intro is difficult, because it's not easy to find what you're looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Review as many of the training materials available before diving right into the product. Also take advantage of the training offered by Conductor.

So far the tool has helped us identify areas of improvement across our entire SEO program. The system provides recommendations and areas of opportunity for specific keywords, or pages of our site that we would otherwise have to sift through manually.

Conductor review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Conductor Review"

What do you like best?

Conductor visualizes data really well and makes reporting pretty easy. There are many different ways to look at data and understand how your client is performing.

What do you dislike?

It can be a bit tricky to upload keywords without spending a chunk of time.

Building an SEO program, honing in on competitive keyword opportunities and seeing how we stack up against competitors, both brand and non-brand.

Conductor review by Crispin S.
Crispin S.

"Best SEO platform for enterprise "

What do you like best?

This is such an intuitive platform with amazing functionality that can help hundreds of my stakeholders across a huge organisation.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. The collaboration features have improved a lot!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure your agency and whole team is properly on boarded.

Far greater focus and insights on relevant keywords and topics – and drive exceptional growth.

"Great Tool"

What do you like best?

I like the competitive market share features and the ability to use out of the box reports for audits.

What do you dislike?

The reports are sometimes hard to find and not logically placed in the navigation.

A lot of market share/opportunity analysis on the SEO side. We have also been able to uncover many competitive link building opportunities, both on sites we'd like links from, but also uncovering competitive content that is generating many links.

Conductor review by Executive Sponsor in Internet
Executive Sponsor in Internet

"Good product, tough UI, tough company to work with"

What do you like best?

Great granularity to enable very deep dive into SEO analytics. Liked business case builder and customer support.

What do you dislike?

Product is advanced yet not easy to use even for an agency and its a bit clunky and requires significant investment and training. Our SEO team leader liked it but was not able to get the rest of the team to buy in and use the tool effectively so we canceled after two years as we did not see the ROI and we went to a more user friendly platform.

the company is terrible to work with. they nickle and dime you on features and services and are focused purely on making their numbers. They wanted to force us into a third year contract despite our lack of satisfaction.

Be very careful on the agreement you sign with them and make sure you have a easy way out. They are not worth the trouble.

Recommendations to others considering the product

check other platforms that are easier to use and companies that are easier to work with.

We used Conductor for all of our SEO clients to help improve results and reporting.

"SEO Perfection"

What do you like best?

Conductor gives you the ability to do all things SEO in house and no longer pay for an agency. On top of that, their customer service and account management teams are absolutely great and are always very efficient in responding to requests or questions.

What do you dislike?

It's not a bad thing, but there is SO much to do, it's hard to navigate sometimes! but again, not in a bad way, just a little overwhelming!

Trying to figure out where we need to improve our organic reach, trying to figure out what new content to write, etc. Conductor has definitely helped with that!

Conductor review by User in Construction
User in Construction

"A reliable and comprehensive platform for content creators and SEOs"

What do you like best?

In-depth reporting for content performance, Google Analytics integration and helpful tools for conducting audience research.

What do you dislike?

Businesses that track multiple keyword rankings across many different areas may struggle to find an ideal way to set these up with Searchlight's current interface.

Searchlight has helped us stay on top of our industry's most popular search queries and keywords, allowing us to grow our business tremendously.

"Good, not great"

What do you like best?

Visually, I liked the interface, the graphs, the charts, being able to export images of charts, and create reports that our excellent for senior management.

What do you dislike?

At the time, there was a big lack of functionality and lack of ability to slice and dice data the way we needed to. The sales team at Conductor claimed the product could do a lot more than it could, and we quickly found out the limitations compared to competing SEO tools we were using.

SEO agency and consulting for a variety of customers.

Conductor review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Best SEO Software"

What do you like best?

There are many features that are helpful. I think my favorite would be intent explorer. It's great for analyzing and expanding keyword reach.

What do you dislike?

There is not much if anything that I do not like. The only thing I can think if is the price. However, it's worth the cost for the feature set you get.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a demo you will like what you see.

We can easily see when a competitor is gaining market share with our keywords and determine the steps needed to get it back.

Conductor review by Nico M.
Nico M.