Do you work for Confluence?

Confluence Reviews & Product Details

What is Confluence?

Confluence is an open and shared workspace that connects people to the ideas and information they need to build momentum and do their best work. Unlike document and file-sharing tools, Confluence is open and collaborative, helping you create, manage, and collaborate on anything from product launch plans to marketing campaigns. Find work easily with dedicated and organized spaces, connect across teams, and integrate seamlessly with the Atlassian suite or customize with apps from our Marketplace.

Confluence Screenshots

www.atlassian.com
English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
Atlassian
Description
Atlassian is a provider of collaboration, development, and issue tracking software for teams. With over 50,000 global customers (including 85 of the Fortune 100), their advancing the power of collaboration with products including JIRA, Confluence, HipChat, and Bitbucket.
2002

Confluence Reviews

1-50 of 2510 total Confluence reviews

Confluence Reviews

1-50 of 2510 total Confluence reviews
Confluence review by Alicia F.
Senior Product Manager
E-Learning
Most Recent Confluence Video Review

"Incredibly Versatile Documentation Repository/Wiki "

Confluence review by Philip S.
Data Architect

"hmm, would I recommend Confluence? No. Would I want to get rid of it? No..."

What do you like best?

The ability to very quickly put a few bits of information together and make them available to my entire organization is priceless, especially using a tool that easily allows my peers to contribute and evolve my initial work.

What do you dislike?

Grr, certain things drive me crazy with Confluence

Having to format a a table of contents the way I like it on every single new page I create (let me save my format please!)

Formatting a page en-masse seems not to be a feature (e.g. I want to divide a page into two new sections which would be Heading 1. In order to do this I must go through every other heading on the page and manually format the headings down one level. Heading 1s must be set to Heading 2s, All Heading 2s must be set to Heading 3s. All Heading 3s must be set to Heading 4s, etc.)

Cutting and pasting code onto a page? I always use the same settings with the Code Block macro. Please let me save these settings as a default so I don't have to re-select them every time. ).

Trying to migrate a large number of pages between spaces? Nightmare. I was left with many pages stuck in some sort of nether world where they showed in the old space but when trying to migrate them to a new space I received a message akin to message: "Page already exists in that space". <face palm>

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make a decision on how spaces will be used at the very begining. My recommendation? A single space for your entire company. There is no need to segregate the information into the silos that spaces create.

Does confluence frustrate me? Yes. Would I get rid of its wiki-like ability to provide information to my company in a quick low friction format? Never. (I just want less friction in a few key areas).

Confluence review by Christopher M.
Special Operations Associate

"After learning it's a great tool!"

What do you like best?

With confluence I love how it gathers everything in one area, it makes it very easy when I am working to gather all tools so I can have access to everything in one place. It makes communication easier for all of my team members and I to come through and collaborate on projects, difficult cases, support cases, and even sometimes training, It can put everyone on the same page.

What do you dislike?

Logging into Confluence if you have any type of security is somewhat difficult and doesn't always take the first time around. Sometimes after you log in it takes a bit long or it may not even log in at all and you have to completely exit out of the program and try to get back in. This makes it somewhat difficult when trying to log in for a case or what you're doing in time sensitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Better your log in processes other than that I love your product!

This is a huge time saver for me. I have to access a lot of information in a lot of different areas all very quickly and this allows me to have everything in one place putting it always within easy reach. It makes communication easier for all of my team members and I to come through and collaborate on projects, difficult cases, support cases, and even sometimes training, It can put everyone on the same page.

Confluence review by Shawna W.
Adminitrative Assistant
Financial Services

"Excellent tool to share and track projects and goals for large or small groups."

What do you like best?

User friendly. A very straight forward tool that allows teams to collaborate in real time. A glorified Sharepoint...and then some!!! We use this tool enterprise wide and it is very effective in allowing us to accomplish our day to day work as well as larger scale objectives. Although we have the ability to continue to use Sharepoint, this tool is much more effective.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally adding in macros can be difficult. Several macros have name so similar that it causes confusion as to which is the correct. Also had an issue when the way to edit was switch to Atlassian editor and lost the majority of our database of users for an enterprise wide tool tracking.

Also, we might like more information as to how to use Confluence as a ticket tracking system for users who have issues with elements that are part of our enterprise.

Submitting a ticket for issues that we have not been able to locate in the online help tool is difficult to do. The first time I attempted to submit a ticket for help, I did not find the link for almost an hour. Once I did, response was quick.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Straight forward. Allow to track and monitor project status, ideas creation tracking, etc. The list could go on and on.

Planning, goals, enterprise wide efforts. We track it all and are able to collaborate in real time.

Saves us a ton of time.

Confluence review by Marlon M.
Software QA Team Lead

"New forms of online collaboration"

What do you like best?

As soon as you enter Confluence, you realize that they have dedicated themselves to explaining enough for you to understand everything perfectly.

Confluence is a software that allows you to work online with different teams of your company. I am the head of Software and it is very useful to have tools like this, since you can work in groups in the same project.

On the other hand, it is very visual, it allows the implementation of images, videos, which makes it easier to collaborate with projects that involve more visual aspects.

What do you dislike?

Confluence does not have anything to consider really negative, I think it is an application with a simple and careful interface. The only thing that could perhaps improve would be to add more styles within the program, but otherwise, I have no complaints about this program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want your team and your project to be more competitive and go everything much more quickly, clearly and concisely, you should think about having a program like this.

Teamwork tools such as Confluence generate a better division of labor and a simple division of roles.

Within very large projects there will always be different teams that have to do different activities, therefore, confluence, allows images, videos, texts, that are modified, that those changes are communicated to the rest of the members and also allows you to be aware of any novelty introduced in the project.

Any team will work better and will improve their productivity by having a teamwork tool like this one.

Confluence review by Prithav K.
Tester
(5001-10,000 employees)

"A new "wikipedia" at our workplace "

What do you like best?

We have been using confluence from past many years in our organization and I have seen the importance of Confluence. It is wikipedia in our organization and if we need anything to know about any application, Confluence is the only place to have the knowledge base. Its a library in our organization to have known all the things.

What do you dislike?

Confluence sometimes act weird where it doesn't update the edits we do on page. This allows us to work with the Admins and look around for the issues that's happening to Confluence and if required raise a ticket against Atlassian. Also, the UI is little old and quite too simple.May be they can work on enhancements and add some new features and integrate with other tools too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes i would recommend Confluence to others since its easy to use and you are the owner of "wikipedia" of your organization and you can have a very high visibility in your organization since it reaches C-suite

We have realized a lot of benefits with Confluence such as a good knowledge base of our organization. This helps a lot of new joiners to just browse through Confluence pages and get the insight of our organization/projects that are they going to work on.

Confluence review by Marko P.
Helpdesk Agent level 2 Managed Services Operations Retail & Hospitality Helpdesk
(10,001+ employees)

"Team collaboration made easy."

What do you like best?

My team is currently considering Confluence as an internal method of working on projects and collaborating. Since we support a lot of different products and devices for multiple customers, our daily routine consists of following a lot of different procedures and directives. We work in an environment where a lot of instructions, images and videos are being exchanged in order to resolve specific customer problem. While skype for business is helpful when you need to send a short instruction or an image or two, it isn’t that practical for more elaborate cooperation or project.

That’s where Confluence steps in. It provides a space for teams to collaborate, share content, ideas and even write knowledge base articles. It is basically a cloud service, meeting space, social platform and a knowledge base. It combines all of that into one centralized platform which speeds up and makes team collaboration easier and more interesting.

What do you dislike?

The pricing plan is somewhat steep when compared to other solutions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In theory, Sharepoint offers almost the same things, but somehow Confluence feels better adn it's more practical for users.

Customer support services in regards

Confluence review by John F.
CEO

"We've Been Using Confluence for Years"

What do you like best?

We use Confluence in a very simple way - to share information. And it's very effective for this purpose. Confluence - as part of the whole Atlassian ecosystem - is a very powerful tool with TONS of features. We probably use 5% of what it can really do - and that's enough for us, and even at that level we still find it to be cost effective.

What do you dislike?

Because we only use a small portion of the Confluence toolkit, the user interface can be a bit heavy for our purposes. It might be nice if we could toggle to a simpler version where we could strip away a lot of the UI that we don't use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely consider Confluence for information sharing in an organization. I believe that the bigger your organization, the more you will get out of it. And if you use multiple Atlassian modules together (e.g. Confluence with Jira) - the value increases even more. As always - consider other options on the market. But we've always like Confluence enough that we haven't evaluated competing products in a long time.

We use Confluence primarily for internal information sharing and document reference/archive. We work better as a team when using this tool, and we know we can always find that "great idea" or important bit of information when we need it.

Confluence review by Jouni H.
Customer Success Lead

"Handy "wiki" like tool for documentation, runbooks, project statuses etc."

What do you like best?

It is very easy to share updates on articles that you want to share with people who follow that article, folder or space (which is the name what Confluence uses for example to separate HR, Marketing, Customer Support etc. areas). Also the editing features for articles are quite easy to use and sufficient for many different purposes. One other thing worth mentioning is their option for creating template files. This feature comes in handy if for example you have recurring meetings for which you have certain topics that you go through every time.

What do you dislike?

Menu structures and usability aren't the best. I'd like to see more customisation options on the menu structure and it's size, especially when you have longer names for folders, files etc. It is not bad by any means but a bit frustrating when you cannot see the whole name of the folder for example.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Building your own wiki is one option but price wise, I'd recommend Confluence. Especially impressed by the update management for existing articles (can choose who do you want to see the changes in the content, if anyone. Also you can select yourself which articles you want to follow and which you want do not want to.)

Runbooks and other guides are very well organised and updated with Confluence.

Confluence review by Jorge S.
Solutions Architect

"Confluence - The power of the simple"

What do you like best?

Collaboration is nowadays key to success. Confluence makes it simple by being a cloud tool that empowers your teams to create their own content and flavor it with multiple out-of-the-box plug-ins and templates. Is a great complement to your JIRA deployment and most of the integrations between both platforms work pretty seamlessly. There's also plenty of third-party plug-ins that are handy for integrating specialized content like design models. The notifications system is also great when you're tracking the progress of a specific article or document.

What do you dislike?

The cloud platform is rather slow. Atlassian has improved it lately but is still somehow annoying enough. Migrations from Sharepoint are painful. I've seen companies desisting on Confluence as there's no easy path for them to migrate. In general, Atlassian should work on achieving MS Office interoperability with their tool suite.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Confluence is best for teams starting afresh. But late adoption is also possible. If you're starting an agile practice and using JIRA, don't be afraid and embrace Confluence as well. As with any CMS, define a content structure that matches the needs of your team/process; avoid having a documentation extravaganza by setting some rules of engagement from the start.

Knowledgebase, meetings minute taking, project documentation, requirements management, internal article publishing, ideation processes, solution designs.

Confluence review by Sarah L.
QA Analist

"An excellent way to organize your project"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use, very easy to configure, very easy to understand the first time you get in touch with it.

You can organize all the aspects of a project and make it available for everyone. It is ideal to create reference guides, components descriptions and different types of resources for the members of your team.

It allows you to set up different levels of access so not all users can access all the information.

You can also customize the visual aspects of the platform according to your needs.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing I dislike from the tool at the moment

At my job, we use it to store relevant information for all the users related to the project we are working on. For example, there's a general description of the project, its components, the tools it is liked to, and we have created a reference guide, in which a description of all the components from our platform and how they are built and supposed to behave can be found.

Since we use agile methodologies, we also update the outcomings from the different meetings, the goals proposed and the results achieved.

We also have calendars in which the days off from the team members are marked so other team members can check the information.

That way when someone needs any kind of information related to the projects or its team members, it can be found in this amazing tool.

Confluence review by Melodee T.
Associate
Non-Profit Organization Management

"Adaptable, easy to use collaborative space for sharing and document management"

What do you like best?

I like the homepage/newsfeed feature which provides the most current blog postings and happenings in the organization. I also enjoy the ability for many people to collaborate and work on one document at the same time. I enjoy the fact that you can create different spaces by division or particular project. Very easy to use platform.

What do you dislike?

Formatting for blog posts and such can be difficult at times. Confluence could use more readily available tutorials on how to use the various features I know are built into the platform. I would really like to learn more about the additional project management capabilities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend Confluence for a company that has many divisions working on a number of projects. It really keeps everyone on task and aware of the many moving pieces.

Confluence helps our company organizes many documents in one place which makes it easily accessible for anyone in the organization. It has greatly improved collaboration and team morale all together. The notifications and reminders are also very useful to keep everyone aware and on task.

Confluence review by Siddhant W.
Lead Quality Analyst

"A great knowledge base for most corporate unlike Sharepoint based services"

What do you like best?

It is really easy to store and view data and refer materials as and when required for internal uses.

I love the overall user interface as it seems really easy to use.

I have used Sharepoint based services (SBS) previously, however, this seems to be a really simple and great tool.

The provisions for others to comment, like and share the knowledge base with other members/resources makes this application really flexible.

There are additional provisions like Save for later, watch or share the articles through different mediums.

What do you dislike?

There could be more add-ons or integrations within the tool like notifying users if there is a section update or so. Nothing personally I dislike up to now as its just been a month evaluating and using this tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great application

It is really easy to view documents and materials for internal references or similar.

Confluence review by Gary S.
Development Operations & Atlassian Support Engineer

"Great Wiki Solution For Documentation and Team Collaboration"

What do you like best?

I'm really a huge fan of the collaborative editing feature within confluence. This works in a manner almost identically to google docs where multiple users can edit a page in real time. Also the nested permissions and children page display allows you to dictate a very granular level of access within your organization

What do you dislike?

I dislike the the complexity of setup for hosting Confluence On prem. One of the hardest aspects of the set-up was configuring the Synchrony server. It is responsible for powering the real time editing plugin that many users benefit from. Also I dislike the complexity of the layouts when editing spaces. By this i mean navigating through already existing children displays and other Macros that may be embedded within various wiki pages.

I would say that the business problem we are trying to solve is to put all relevant company information across all departments in one place where everyone can access it. I have also realized that when using confluence in conjunction with Jira, you can boost productivity by linking tasks you are working on in Jira directly on wiki pages that you create. This allows users to quickly jump between Confluence and Jira.

Confluence review by Ted D.
UI/UX Product Manager
Internet

"Perfect Interconnectivity with Jira "

What do you like best?

If you use Jira for as your issue management system, you should take the time to learn the in-and-outs of confluence. Confluence gives non-technical employees the ability to create beautifully formatted external or internal facing sites, with the option to pull in data from external sources.

What I like best? Enough design customization to make it feel in-line with your style guide but not too much to make the process overwhelming. The end result is a gorgeous site that is easy for anyone to maintain and keep up to date.

What do you dislike?

I would say the biggest flaw in Confluence is the same flaw in Jira, user management can be a big pain. With the concept or users being tied to 'projects' it can be difficult to understand why one user is able to access contents while a user with similar access cannot. This lies at the project level when IMO it should be settable at the global level.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's pretty obvious... Jira. If you dont use Jira, consider it. If you use Jira, use Confluence.

Our main usage of confluence is as a Wiki for our different applications and users. Confluence provides us with the ability to manages these resources in a way that is logical for all of our user-bases. One of the big benefits we didn't realize when we initially signed up for the product was the ability to include downloadable content (PDFs, Excels, etc.).

Confluence review by Ioannis 'John' K.
QA Engineer

"Confluence- a handful tool for sharing insight on anything business"

What do you like best?

What I like best in Confluence is the fact it is easy to share documents using the links- which can be made short too!

A big pro is that you can set a page/document to be accessible or not by someone depending on whether they have logged in or what are their login roles.

What do you dislike?

Nothing in particular, just the UI could do with an improvement as it looks a bit old fashioned- not using the latest version though so that might be a thing!

Recommendations to others considering the product

You may definitely use this product for sharing documents and guides for people as your clients and your partners. You will find especially useful to create linking between each guide. Give some time to the administrator and the manager handling this to get around the lots of features that Confluence offers. You will find handy that pressing the letter while on any confluence page pops up a window with links to that page, on of them being a shortlink. You can then save yourself on a text or as browser bookmarks the most useful or commonly used links and in that way have them accessible much faster.

We share all sorts of documentation and guides with customers and partners. We also store insight for only within company use, even thought as of lately we try to move from confluence for that particular use, as we build another page for this.

Confluence review by Dan M.
Principal Software Engineer

"Decent overall tool"

What do you like best?

Overall this a decent wiki for capturing information and sharing among the team and the company as a whole. In general it does the job without getting in the way allowing me to just dump thoughts on paper and move on. By being extensible, it makes the presentation even easier.

What do you dislike?

It can sometimes get sluggish and have some issues requiring a reboot of the system. The share option takes another step or two when wanting to send someone a quick link to what you are working on. After having seen the note on how to bring up the share link dialog even when I brought it up using the given key sequence, that doesn't appear to work anymore making me have to resort to the mouse and a pull down menu.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a plan organizing at the start to try and prevent bloat and disparate content.

Sharing of information across three sites has become fairly simple with Confluence. We also use JIRA and hipchat which allows a bit of cross pollination so to speak creating a decent overall environment.

Confluence review by Daniel J.
Business Analyst / IT Manager

"A great Documentation Solution"

What do you like best?

Confluence offers a great product for documenting, and planning your work. If there is something you need to do, chances are you can do it in Confluence.

What do you dislike?

With such a large arrangement of features, the Interface can be confusing at times. You are often supplied with a large section of options, each with additional options, and without spending a fair amount of time researching they may still not help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a generalized solution for your documentation and planning Confluence can help! It will take a bit of work to get everything just the way you like it, but when its all put together, you will have the documentation you have always dreamed of.

We are working to create full documentation for our IT Department. Having this information readily available has been a fantastic improvement to our workflow and efficiency.

Confluence review by Tomáš L.
Software Development Manager
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Handy space for team collaboration"

What do you like best?

Simplicity of creating new spaces - no complex user management. Additional features like formatting and adding macros move work with Confluence to next level. Great variability with plugins (free or commercial) you can download from Atlassian marketplace.

With last update Confluence introduced online editing feature - so team can collaborate online on one document together.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes formatting goes wrong when using IE browser, but it depends on you company browser policy and settings that are allowed. UX might be slightly user friendly - but it gets better over time and small steps towards neat UX are made with each update.

As content grows it´s important to pay attention to content governance a keep you documents, spaces and pages organized.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are using lots of plugins pay attention to their pricing condition. Very often the vendors changing from free to pay model. Apps / plugins are billed based on the number of users in your host product (Confluence).

Confluence is great as wiki team space or shared space for DEV documentation. Previously we used Confluence as unofficial intranet sites. You can easily create project page or canvas and share it quickly to project participants.

Great benefits are with sharing and connecting are with JIRA software (e.g. - sharing JIRA issues - connecting Confluence wiki pages to JIRA issues - using active links...)

Confluence review by Varun B.
Senior Research Instrument Analyst

"Good features, but can be hard to navigate"

What do you like best?

Easy to have large teams all report on work and to have a time line. Easy to insert various media to show plots and graphs/tables/records etc. This is very convenient for our team of 30 people, of which maybe a handful may have large updates/presentations, whereas others might have just text or a graph or two.

What do you dislike?

Navigating the pages seems quite difficult. To find certain pages, is quite a chore, especially because the search functionality seems limited in its capability to hone in on a certain page. Finding a child page can also be hard to search for unless you know the exact title.

Furthermore, the feature 'notify watchers' seems to always be checked by default. For a team of 30 people, this can cause quite a lot of spam as we use confluence for our weekly meetings. If one really wanted this feature, they would check the box. If I am not trying to send a miniscule update to everyone on my team, I often forget to UNCHECK this box.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a decent content management system, however simple things a s a google doc or evernote sheet are much lower barrier to entry if you don't need many of the extra features.

Keeping lasting records of meetings to give an account of work to make compiling reports for higher ups easier. Moreso, being able to try to find old presentations given at meetings in previous weeks. This makes it easy to look back on a cool result or feature presented much later down the line, or look at when performing up follow up works.

Confluence review by Steven P.
Director Operations
Financial Services

"Recommend Confluence"

What do you like best?

I use the Confluence applications on a regular basis for my work and there are several things that I like about them. The mobile applications provide a nice variety of tools that most companies could find to be beneficial.

At the start of your use of the Confluence mobile applications you'll have all of the tools that are necessary to expand extensions and plugins.

The Confluence mobile applications are extremely well compatible with each other - they can be used simultaneously - making it convenient for developers who need to have everything connected.

What do you dislike?

The Confluence website! Good thing Confluence has reliable mobile applications because the Confluence website is always down! I find it super frustrating when working on my desktop computer and needing to access Confluence because 50 percent of the time, the website isn't working and I can't access my site. When I am able to access my site via the Confluence website, it is often very slow - I often have to reopen Confluence website - which also takes some amount of time to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend that you have a plan for the structure of a project before you start to use Confluence. This will makes things much easier and run smoother. I recommend Confluence for large companies as it will make collaboration much easier and more efficient.

Confluence enables easy collaboration with my coworkers on things like documentation as we start a new topic or working with building a new product. It has made this collaboration easy and convenient.

The Confluence e-mail notification feature has also been great because it makes users aware of situations that are important. Confluence makes our daily routine simple and allows us to be more productive because it solves issues that occur on a specific day. I have found Confluence to be helpful in all different kinds of projects.

Confluence review by Kyle P.
Email Marketing Specialist
Staffing and Recruiting

"Great resource for creating internal knowledge base articles"

What do you like best?

Customizability in creating page "templates" from which to build knowledge base articles, including imagery, stylized text, and even files and attachments.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes finding the articles that i created can be sort of difficult; a way to index articles so I can find them would be nice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're creating a knowledge base of articles, make sure you have a way to find knowledge quickly, or the whole thing is for not. Make article titles that are relevant; make use of the 'labels' for easy search results.

As a provider of IT services, we have alot of high-tech situations that require documentation. Perhaps we're looking to employ a solution we built in the past for a different customer, or just create an article about an incident managment that will allow us to brief ourselves on what we did. Confluence allows us to create an internal knowledge base with easy to read articles for just that.

Confluence review by Kain S.
Co-Owner/Tech Lead
Computer Games

"WYSIWYG FTW"

What do you like best?

No markup required with excellent copy-paste support for images. This reduces the barrier of creation for non-tech oriented disciplines like art and design. I also like how the parent-child relationship between pages is virtual to the point that you can programmatically display all children of a page as well as reparent any page to a different parent.

Other features I like:

* Export to PDF (great for sharing docs externally)

* Table of Contents Widget

* Integration with JIRA

* Excellent searchability

What do you dislike?

Some of the widgets can cause issues with web page formatting, such as cutting the page in half with a scrollbar on top half. Hopefully, those bugs get resolved soon. They have also recently eliminated the option of showing the site tree in the sidebar, which makes it difficult to internalize how the pages are organized. We have had to work around this by creating a specific link to the site tree on the front page. Also, 2FA is part of a separate package that you're expected to pay extra for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We use Atlassian's cloud service for minimal IT risk and hassle, which costs a monthly fee per bucket of users.

We have pages full of screenshots ready to link to whenever somebody asks the question "How do you do X?". We even have our Slackbot linking to those pages whenever you ask specific questions on Slack. This reduces the amount of overhead wasted on asking the same questions over and over and waiting for answers to those previously answered questions.

Confluence review by Jordi F.
Jordi Ferreras

"Confluence in IT"

What do you like best?

We use this tool in our IT Technology department because is a great collaboration tool. We have divided the tool for departments and we create groups in order to give access to the employees to the section that they need to access for the information. We have a lot of manuals, videos, trainigs...Is the best Knowledge management Tool.

What do you dislike?

You have a lot of information and you only have access in the section that you have permissions and if you need to access to a manual that you have the information, you need to request this permissions and you loose time in this action.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a big knowledge management or great collaboration tool you need to use this

We have all the manuals and the information in a site that you can access where ever you are, you don't need to spend time in trainings and if you have a problem you can see the solution in confluence.

Confluence review by Hrystyna B.
Consultant Sales

"Monster Functionality but the worst and slowest UI as the result"

What do you like best?

There are may things I like about confluence apps. First of all - the apps provide a great variety of functional tools that any company can find useful.

Second of all, from the very beginning of your experience with confluence apps you will have pretty much everything needed and you will be able to expand with extra extensions and extra plugins.

All that makes Confluence great additional to other powerful apps of the family like Jira, Stride, Hipchat.

The apps are really well interconnected and can be used within each other. this is a great place for developers who like to use specific tools for certain needs and still have everything connected.

The idea of confluence as a place of knowledge is great and many people can benefit from it, however, there are few important Nos.

What do you dislike?

1. Speed

One of the first things you notice in Confluence as you grow your presence there is the speed. And it does not specifically matter on the internet connection or type of computer. The apps are slow and gigantic.

The whole weight of the functionality they carry is bringing them down and therefore make it very hard to operate them.

2. Design

Another great miss of confluence is the overall design.

Recommendations to others considering the product

*Please, make it faster.

*Make more flexibility with the UI

With confluence My friends and I are solving issues with bugs and errors in our projects we develop.

Confluence is great for that purpose, Jira is a nice bug tracker and solver and the other apps can support with the Wiki functionality and propose some possibilities for communication.

Now when hip chat and stride has been bought by slack, we can believe in even better integrations between two giants and I am really expecting it to be great!

Confluence review by Hatim B.
Architecte Technique et applicatif - Chef de Projet

"Our central tool for sharing architectural documents"

What do you like best?

With Atlassian Confluence, we create and share using a rich content editor hosted in a web browser, architecture documents. We can olso write a several kind of information like project plans, or meeting notes.

The content is organized arround spaces et pages, witch include differents kind of support (text, graphics, etc.). Everybody can contribute by writing a inline comment about a file or page or asking for more details about a subject.

The hierarchical structure of pages keep the infrormation organized as well as accessible.

This tool help us to centralize informations witch was lost in several places (shared folders, emails, document bases, etc.)

We created spaces didecated to applications, and for each project we created a new version. We reuse or update existing artfacts or create a new ones if it is necessary. Differents teams can share and paricipate on the inline works.

When the current version is finalized, it becomes official, and it is visible to everyone.

What do you dislike?

If you want to complete this tool with other compatible adding from confluence marketplace, you must be care about your choice.

Backtracking may be impossible or very difficult. Some adding are not free and some are better than others.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We recommend this tool.

Without confluence, versioning of architectural documents was difficult. The reuse of the artifacts was manual, and the sharing was not satisfactory. Now information is organized, shared and collaboration is effective.

Confluence review by Ashish M.
AEM Developer
(10,001+ employees)

"Best tool for sharing Documentation"

What do you like best?

Atlassian Confluence is a great tool when it comes to working together in a team and sharing the documents. It is so simple to use simply create pages and the edit interface is as same as Microsoft word which makes it convenient. You can simply put Jira ticket number in between and it will make a link to that. This tool also organizes all the pages in a very productive manner.

What do you dislike?

It is a bit annoying sometimes when it triggers an email even for minor modifications on the page. On pressing of ctrl+S, it automatically saves and closes the page which is not good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

it is good product if you want to bring all your project related document at one place for your team.

We are using this product with our clients, to document the entire project details. It helps the new person to understand and follow the steps.

Confluence review by Hari Hara Kumar E.
Software Engineer

"Great tool for documentation"

What do you like best?

Confluence is a very intuitive and reliable piece of software - it makes documentation less cumbersome. Its integration with Jira is amazing. It makes life's of developers very easy. Hierarchy structure helps manage documentation for various projects easily. Access control is pretty good - we can restrict the page's access to certain users only. Searching for content is pretty quick and accurate. email notifications on content update for the pages you watch is nifty.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I find confluence is slow - adjusting the fonts and making documentation look pretty is not easy in some instances. It adjusts the fonts some times automatically which is very annoying. Restarting confluence may take some time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you keep track of updated versions of confluence from Atlassian.

We use confluence as primary documentation tool. We use it to write best practices, API documentations, new hire steps, deployment documents. Once we have the documentation in place, we share it with various people in the company.

Confluence review by Beth H.

"Great tool for knowledge sharing and team documentation"

What do you like best?

Confluence is a great tool for sharing and collaborating on training notes, product documentation, and team information. One of the most useful things it offers is the ability to search for documentation written by a functional area outside of your own. This reduces the time spent on knowledge transfer sessions or lengthy explanatory emails.

What do you dislike?

When creating pages, editing can be a little frustrating at times. For perfectionists like me, it can be difficult to remove the extra spaces that appear between lines, line up columns to be the same height, etc. There is also a strong reliance on plug-ins to get the job done - which is great, if your company is willing to pay for them.

We use Confluence to collaborate on documentation as we encounter a new topic or as a new product is being built. It's a great tool when used to its full potential, as long as the whole team collaborate and aren't afraid to make changes to out-of-date content.

Confluence review by Dominick B.

"Love Confluence"

What do you like best?

I love using confluence to document the aspects of our product development. In an organization with dozens of downstream services, I find myself fielding questions from other product managers and developers about our micro services. Confluence makes it much easier to handle the knowledge transfer by directing said PMs and Devs to our confluence pages to get the answers they need without having to come to me first. It saves me so much time as a PM as well as the other PMs and Devs that are integrating with us downstream. It's also a great tool for team collaboration. We use it to document future refactoring tasks, keep an agenda for our upcoming team sharing sessions etc.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it's a little difficult for me to keep my pages organized when creating multiple layers. I've had issues with a new page ending up in a completely different section that was intended.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you work in a large organization, I would highly recommend the use of confluence for knowledge sharing and team collaboration. It saves our team a lot of time from answering frequently asked questions about our micro services to our downstream services during integration. By guiding PMs and Devs to our confluence pages, they are able to obtain everything they need with minimal assistance from us, and thus, allowing us to continue forward with our next project and not be slowed down by answering questions and guiding other teams through integration.

As mentioned above, confluence saves me a lot of time answering questions to other PMs and Devs all day by giving me a place to document all the most important aspects of our product/service. It makes the knowledge transfer seamless when other downstream services are trying to integrate with our micro services.

Confluence review by Julietta P.

"Good program"

What do you like best?

It is designed well and is very helpful. It helps to collaborate between different departments. It is very useful and easy to use. It has various features like the task to be assigned to someone or to solve the issue which are very helpful. I like this program very much.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there is unnecessary updating. I would recommend to review the design of the program like colours, etc. and to update it from time to time not to get tired of it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a very good program, easy to use and perfectly made.

We use it in our teamwork. The department issues are various during the day. I am passing the issues to relevant departments to be solved. I like the feature that is there is e-mail notification of the process of the task so that you will be aware of every moment of its solution or transferring. to other departments or resolving it in some cases. Besides, I like this program very much, indeed. It helps us a lot in our heavy work. It makes our routine easier and productive. It solves many problems of the day work. I think it is an excellent finding for huge companies or enterprises. I cannot imagine my work without it so far. In addition, I like the program very much. It can be used in different spheres and will be helpful in any case.

Confluence review by Andrew T.
Executive Director - EDMI Australasia Group

"Best in Class Wiki"

What do you like best?

Confluence is easy to use and supports a range of plugins to enhance the capability. It is used by our business for all internal wiki and documentation requirements. Great for open and collaborative teams.

What do you dislike?

Confluence's ease of use creates some challenges in terms of creating a storage model that enables information to be stored in a way to index and find it later. It has a limited hierarchical structure against other competing products which creates some challenges over time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Understand the structure of how you want to store and create pages in Confluence before you begin. Without appropriate archtiecture and on going management, the system can become unweildy.

We store all our development team internal documentation and use its integration with Jira to provide up to date information on work in progress. It has significantly reduced wasted time from staff trying to find the latest information about our development teams.

Confluence review by Nicola P.
Product Owner

"Confluence is a potential Wikipedia for companies and their products, services and projects"

What do you like best?

Different kind of content to write: from meeting notes to blog post, requirements, etc.

Task assignation with deadline is very useful, integration with Jira with option to open tickets from there immediately is useful too.

The tool provide the possibility to build very self-explaining content, especially if you work with Digital Product and you want to present your product and improvements to the entire company.

What do you dislike?

Pages organization can be improved, it's a bit difficult have a quick view of the documents tree. Also search is not so much optimized, then it's a bit tricky find the right document with the Search feature or looking at the pages in the tree.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Map your spaces with your need and use those rules to have a standard content organization

Meetings summaries were missing before Confluence, shared information with the entire company about product news, improvements and general updates around.

Confluence review by Tara H.
Director of Core Services

"Collaboration Becomes 2nd Nature"

What do you like best?

Confluence allows for real time documentation and collaboration for teams of any size. The linkability for users allows for referenced locations, information, documents, etc. to be clickable, searchable and immediately shared. This has revolutionized how we handle project management, group announcements, training and on-boarding.

What do you dislike?

It can be a bit glitchy at times- won’t save a new version or crashes and has to be reopened. But versioning features allow for recovery. SAVE OFTEN!!!

Also, this is not a formatting rich environment. If you like the basic look and feel of information sharing and don’t care about too many stylistic graphics, you’ll enjoy this environment.

Communication and collaboration solved. Documentation is a breeze if you can build a basic file structure.

Easy for new hires to search, learn and become early contributors rather than having to learn complex, legacy systems or locations. Think of it as a giant, interconnected team whiteboard with unlimited file cabinets that can be instantly searched.

Confluence review by Alexis T.
Coordinador de proyectos

"Confluence for workgroups and collaborative content"

What do you like best?

Maybe the easy setup is one of the key feature and the natural integration with JIRA works fine. It is really easy of use for basic users. The templates for software development teams fits for many kinds of projects with minimun adjustments

What do you dislike?

The way that Confluence manage permissions is very limitated. The template features are really limitated too. The worst is that you can't develop a site templates to reuse them, then you need to rework a lot for special sites, like project management.

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you need a quick tool to share knowledge and content with less tha 10 groups and you are not thinking in a tool with a lot content features, don't need DRM and items like that, Confluence could be your choice

We could use a useful knowledge base site to integrate with JIRA Service Desk.

Adding some plugins, we could document project executions and product specs. The simultanusly collaboration feature works really good, then we work on meeting notes and documentation at the same time, even when we are on different places or buildings.