Conga Composer

Conga Composer

Conga Composer makes it easy for Salesforce.com users to create sophisticated documents and reports using their data in Salesforce CRM with just a few clicks.

Work for Conga Composer?

Learning about Conga?

Conga Composer Reviews

Ask Conga a Question
Showing 259 Conga reviews
Conga review by <span>Jaron J.</span>
Jaron J.

"Export more than data from Salesforce, export the documents you need for your customers."

What do you like best?

Many solutions for the private sector don’t always apply to state government processes, but Conga Composer is seamlessly integrating into our highly customized org. Conga Composer allows us to export finished documents and speeds up all of our internal processes.

Our team can overcome the tedious nature of relying solely on dated technologies like Word by outsourcing document generation to an automated tool. Composer merges data from standard and custom Salesforce objects so that manual document generation is a thing of the past. Most templates are easy to make and manage.

What do you dislike?

The product has a lot of moving parts that can be difficult to manage. Dated implementations of Composer that aren't documented well can make an Admin's job difficult.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Are you Salesforce user looking for document generation in order to leverage your data? Investigate this product.

What is Conga Composer doing for us?

-Replaces frustrating manual document generation like Word file management with simple Salesforce record keeping.

-Template management is straightforward

-Dramatic increase in our team’s productivity

-Customer support you’d expect from an excellent company like Conga!

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Conga Composer
Conga review by <span>Rupert M.</span>
Rupert M.

"Conga is awesome, it makes it easy to create standard emails with merge fields"

What do you like best?

Conga allows you to create email templates and customize them for each client with the click of a button. You only have to create the template once and add merge fields, for example Client Name, address, etc. and you have a standard template being sent with specific information to each client.

What do you dislike?

It can get tedious when trying to create the merge fields. Also, the button creation can be cumbersome because you have to create queries and follow all kinds of specification to get the document to where you need it to be. It can be overwhelming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make it simpler to set up the buttons and it would be nice to have better support.

Saving sales reps time as it relates to contacting clients. We have even found ways to give the option to send custom messages to clients if they so chose, on a standard template. There is a lot that can be done if you take the time to learn the software.

What Salesforce CRM Document Generation solution do you use?

Conga review by <span>Amandine A.</span>
Amandine A.

"Great product and the greatest support team"

What do you like best?

Conga has become a vital part of our business, but what I like best has to be the support team. When I moved into my current role and was tasked with fixing an issue with a merge I had no idea where to even start! I called their support and they were incredibly patient and helpful. When I explained I knew nothing about the set up or implementation of the product, the person helping me walked me through step by step, answered all my questions thoroughly and patiently, and even sent me direct contact info for further questions. Anytime I have had to call in to their support I am amazed that every rep has such a great attitude. They want to help and they are willing to teach, not just fix your problem and send you on your way. With their help and guidance I have not had to call them as frequently as the months have gone by,

What do you dislike?

Figuring out the language for contract merges was a nightmare. I have no prior experience in this field and I have had to spend a lot of time googling how to format the contracts. I could have called in to their support and I am sure they would have happily helped me but I was stubborn and determined to figure it out on my own. Also the latest update has been a little hectic because we still have merges that live on the old version and some in the new version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to read through their blog and learn. Also don't ever hesitate to call their support, they will help with any issues no matter how tiny they may be.

We are able to create contracts quickly from Salesforce with custom fields populated. We have over 100 different types of contracts and being able to quickly pull a contract and print and send over signing has saved us many a deal. We have started to use the merges for other aspects of our business, and have been successful with implementations.

Conga review by <span>Justin S.</span>
Justin S.

"Great for teams without developers or users who change things often"

What do you like best?

Great to have power business users doing maintenance on documents. Does not require a developer to make changes to a Visualforce document. Integration to adobe sign works well. Has some nice advanced features like background processing if you figure out the parameters for them.

What do you dislike?

Interface and integration is clunky, documentation is really hard to find information. Salesforce integration involves creating a button that has all of the data you would need from reports and queries, so maintaining that in large deployments with many templates can be a nightmare. Adding the correct tag formatting to Word documents was not obvious, and there was no documentation to help. The copy and paste tag editor helped for the name, but not the formatting. Once I contacted support, they were able to help, but this is a basic feature for which there was no documentation.

Creating agreement documents, pre-filling forms, sending complex emails with data from various object sources

Conga review by <span>Giancarlo S.</span>
Giancarlo S.

"Conga Composer for Salesforce Doc Gen"

What do you like best?

The ease of building doc gen solutions with Conga Queries, Conga Solutions, Conga Templates, and Conga Global Merge

What do you dislike?

Not all components are lightning ready. List view buttons are not lightning ready so the user has to switch to classic to use list view buttons. Not a big deal, but is definitely a nice to have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have used other doc gent tool. Some that require HTML and some that have a user interface. Conga Composer is the easiest to use and has the most robust toolkit.

It is on the pricier side, but I have found them to be willing to discuss pricing based on the client's needs especially when it comes to not for profits. And they do not charge for mass gen like some other tools.

Presentation Ready reports pulling data in from multiple Standard and Custom Objects.

Tax Receipting

Prefilled Printable Forms

Conga review by <span>Gina R.</span>
Gina R.

"Conga Composer takes mail merge to a whole new level "

What do you like best?

With Conga Composer I have been able to harness all of the data within Salesforce to create complex document packages for my customers. I have worked with many different document assembly tools in the past and this is the first one that effortlessly combines data from different areas without complex code. It is an essential tool to leverage data within Salesforce and provides a compelling reason for my users to put everything in the system when they know I can take it all out in useful documents.

What do you dislike?

I have so far not found a way to create multiple documents off of a table in Salesforce using only Conga Composer so that I can also incorporate data from related tables.

I have been able to automate multiple document packages for different use cases, including creation of loan documents, credit memos and account briefs. It is improving the quality and efficiency for document production across multiple business units.

Conga review by <span>Justin T.</span>
Justin T.

"So much power, but how do I harness it?"

What do you like best?

I like that I am able to create a report and use it in template builder. It saves a ton of time and works perfectly on a data merge. So far, there doesn't seem to be much of a limit to it's uses.

What do you dislike?

I feel the process for creating a new template or editing an existing one is not so intuitive. I would like to see a new, very user-friendly interface/dashboard in the future. It also seems like there should be a easily accessible formatting chart or list in template builder and advanced editor. Also, maybe a lot of this can be attributed to the lack of education on Conga.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have an employee take classes with Conga and make them a designated Conga 'admin'.

We use Composer for rapid fire document creation, as well as emails to employees and customers. I'm always trying to think of new ways we can implement Composer.

Conga review by <span>Rochelle M.</span>
Rochelle M.

"Get data from multiple objects all onto one document."

What do you like best?

We use Conga for Customer Setup, Profiles, Customer Contracts, etc. We love that we can get data from across multiple objects within Salesforce.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be difficult to make changes to the Data and/or Templates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very nice product. The account team at Conga makes sure you have everything to succeed.

We no longer have to manually add data to documents. It is a time saver for sure. With a click of a button, you can pull data from multiple objects within Salesforce.com and bring them together onto one document. This allows our users to generate multiple page documents within seconds. When we have a new new customer we need to have the ability to pull all of the customer addresses, payment terms, pricing information, etc. onto one form to distribute to everyone that needs to make sure the customer is setup correctly within all of our systems. It also makes it easy for our sales team to see a customer's "whole picture" all in one document. They can click a button, and pull in Account details, open Opportunities, Contacts, Sales Notes, ect. We need to be able to pull customer information quickly and Conga Composer allows us to do that. Without Conga Composer, these tasks would take hours by multiple users to complete which would not be beneficially to the company. We are also looking into other ways we can streamline our process with Conga Composer.

Conga review by <span>Cynthia S.</span>
Cynthia S.

"Conga Composer has helped my company automate Proposal generation"

What do you like best?

I love the customization functionality and multi-quote options, and the ability to pull in data from multiple sources. It uses a Word document, so this makes it easy to update templates.

What do you dislike?

I wish that the Template Builder was a little less around code, and more around a wizard. Salesforce uses the same, but I think it would be helpful to make it a little more standard User friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I believe this tool has more functionality than other similar products. The Conga team is amazing and goes above and beyond in Customer Support and satisfaction! You won't be disappointed!

We needed a way to create and store highly customized Proposal templates, based upon a variety of Products all with different requirements. It is easy to modify the templates according to changing business needs. Composer helped us to create dynamic templates based upon product type present on the Opportunity.

Conga review by <span>Levon M.</span>
Levon M.

"Top notch customer service"

What do you like best?

Whenever we run across any issues with Conga's integration with our Salesforce org, we know we can contact Conga and they will unfailingly be available for however long is needed. They always solve the issues - they're pleasant to work with and know they're stuff. Very transparent and humble, too. If they don't know the answer, they tell you and work with you to solve it anyway.

What do you dislike?

Obviously it would be nice not to have any issues in the first place, but honestly with the level of customer service Conga provides, this is barely a dislike.

We use Conga to consolidate our Agreement / Contact templates to get them ready to e-sign for our customers. This saves us so much time and confusion as we're keeping everything all in the same place. Security and permissions are a breeze too as everything can be customized to different profiles.

Conga review by <span>James V.</span>
James V.

"Awesome Integration App for Salesforce Document Generation"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Conga Composer 8 is its seamless integration with Salesforce. Conga queries make it easy to pull & render data from standard & custom objects and bring it right into Excel or Word. Create a custom link or button and canned reports are easily generated from live data. Before Conga, we used visualforce then exported to Excel or Word, but the formatting was horrible. Conga Composer produces beautiful, rich, branded reports we use on a daily basis.

What do you dislike?

I don't really dislike anything, except maybe they can streamline the Conga solutions (query, template builder, etc.) so it's 1 step.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a good canned report generator, Conga is the best choice!

Canned reports were clunky and looked horrible when exported from visualforce. Conga was a game changer for us because we can be creative with MS-Office and instantly create customized canned reports.

Conga review by <span>Scott P.</span>
Scott P.

"Very powerful tool for creating our quotes, contracts and detailed reports"

What do you like best?

Composer is very flexible and lets us create documents in any format we need. Their support team is also extremely responsive and helps us with great new features and suggestions as we go.

What do you dislike?

So far, I haven't found anything that detracts from our use of the tool. There are many features we aren't yet taking advantage of so I'm still learning...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Conga's support and documentation is excellent. The free training videos got me up to speed very quickly and let us deliver some powerful features to our team. It also helped with our goal of getting all the information into Salesforce as our sales reps can now see the benefit of having quality data in Salesforce

We've needed to ensure our teams create consistent quotes and contract documents and pull all the details from Salesforce easily. While staff in different areas always want to add their own "touch" to the documents, they've now found it saves them a great deal more time than creating their own

Conga review by <span>Danny T.</span>
Danny T.

"Leveraging Conga on a custom object -> self implementation"

What do you like best?

Looking at Conga during the evaluation period, there was plenty of material available online and helped strongly in the ability for us to self implement the solution. Conga provides templates for standard Salesforce objects but it was easy enough to look at their formats and leverage our own custom templates. Our custom object leverages the record data plus 5 related objects all that get pulled into a project report.

What do you dislike?

There isn't great documentation with setup for what a "read only" user needs access too. Took a bit of back and forth with our Salesforce admin to get a non admin user access to run the Conga templates.

Only other item that is clunky is the related objects and having to do a report and the formatting necessary to do the loop within the document and to keep formatting the same. Have had to put the formatting in 5pt to not shift.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Conga pricing model is per user not by template. It is a great way to get professional documents out of your Salesforce system on multiple objects. Looking forward internally to continuing to roll out additional templates.

We are leveraging Conga for our Weekly Status reports to send to our customers during our implementations - this allows for our Project Managers to keep one record of truth for the project (internal and customer facing notes) and simply create a customer facing document with only a few clicks. This also allowed us to move from an excel based project template to a much more customer friendly and professional template that is standard across all our project managers.

Conga review by <span>Jennifer H.</span>
Jennifer H.

"Love me some Conga Composer! "

What do you like best?

I am pretty new to Conga Composer, but I love that it saves me time! Because of it's integration with Salesforce, I just simply upload my templates with Conga template and it pulls the fields I need out of my Salesforce instance to create documents that are ready to use.

What do you dislike?

hmmmm.... I guess if I had to come up with something it would be the pop-up window to create the template has a button that says I can go return to the opportunity, but it doesn't take me back to the original window...it just keeps a new window opened.

As a non-profit we send thank you letters out to our donors and Conga Composer makes that effortless. In addition, I have realized that there is an array of options when creating documents for different needs.

Conga review by <span>Michelle C.</span>
Michelle C.

"Conga Composer Does What It Needs to Do Most of the Time"

What do you like best?

I like that conga Composer saves me time because I do not have to go back and forth and re enter the same information- especially lots of data. I'm pretty sure that I make fewer errors because I don't have to re enter all of the data by hand. There are easy to find categories to merge and then create a single professional product.

What do you dislike?

There can be issues with its integration with Salesforce. It will sometimes freeze and we have to restart Salesforce or sign in over and over. It also sometimes comes up with all of the fields blank that were supposed to be filled in by the mail marge. You always have to double check a document before submitting it because potentially all of the fields will say zero. This happens every once in a while.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Double check before you save/send something to make sure that all of the fields are filled out

We do not need to send field back and forth between departments to be redundantly looked over and data reentered. We can just create each file and the next person can merge all of the data together with a single mail merge. Another benefit is being able to combine multiple files into a single report that is professional looking that we can then send off to a client. This program saves a lot of time and promotes accuracy by getting rid of human error. .

Conga review by <span>Mary B.</span>
Mary B.

"I absolutely LOVE the Conga integration with Sage Live!"

What do you like best?

It's so easy to create templates! We have many clients that need to customize their Sales Invoice templates in Sage Live, and once Conga is installed into their org, we've found many of our clients can do the invoice customization themselves - it's that easy!

What do you dislike?

The installation of Conga takes a bit of time and could be streamlined. There are many steps to it, and if you miss one little detail it won't work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Everyone should use Conga Composer to customize their Sales Invoices in Sage Live!

We are able to easily customize Sales Invoice templates in Sage Live, and we can create as many different templates as we need for the different operations within one business. And it's easy to select which template you want to use when invoicing a selected customer.

Conga review by <span>Lisa A.</span>
Lisa A.

"Conga Composer is awesome!"

What do you like best?

I love that we can upload our letters into Conga composer and have the necessary information mapped to the letter! The agents love being able to click a few buttons and have a letter generated, saved to the case and sent out to our members. Conga has made tedious tasks easy!

What do you dislike?

I would love to be able to have access to see the agents with licenses and the amount of times they have printed different letters within specific times. We would be able to use these numbers to help order the correct amount of custom paper and envelopes for these letters.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Reporting tools would be amazing!

Conga has helped the problem of manually entering information in letters, this solution has made generating letters easy and has also help with efficiency and productivity!

Conga review by <span>Josh S.</span>
Josh S.

"Conga is a great solution for our business needs"

What do you like best?

At this point, we have not used Conga to the extent that we need to. This is not, however, due to an issue with Conga, but the fact that our implementation of Conga has been crowded out at times by the tyranny of the urgent. That said, however, Conga has been great for what we need right now, support has been excellent, and training has been helpful and timely. I'm looking forward to using Conga more in the future.

What do you dislike?

I don't like Conga's interface. It is quite dated and unintuitive at times. Moreover, there seem to be far too many clicks to get to a solution. I think much of this could be sorted out with a deep and careful review of the UI and UX.

Document creation is our primary use.

Conga review by <span>Amy A.</span>
Amy A.

"Conga Composer, with one click our admit letters are ready to print"

What do you like best?

We have complex letters that are sent to students, with approximately 30 variable fields, with Conga we have saved hours of time creating individual letters with a click of a button. We have been able to set these up as emails and printed letters. Instead of taking 20 minutes per student to prepare their letter and email, it now takes us 5 min.

What do you dislike?

It took a bit of time to set up, but once set up, I have no complaints!

We are able to create individual letters with one button for each contact. I have also found conga very helpful in pulling documents together, I can pull a contact's answers to questions into a word document with ease and send this to our reviews in half the time as before.

Conga review by <span>Kevin C.</span>
Kevin C.

"It just works"

What do you like best?

The title says it all: It just works. We became a Conga customer four years ago and the product has continued to scale with our business. The new interface, which I guess is at this point more than a few years old, further simplified the user experience.

What do you dislike?

Embedding conditional logic in templates could be easier. In order to lessen the impact of this shortcoming, we put more of our business logic in the Salesforce integration as opposed to in the Conga templates themselves. This adds a adds a modest amount of maintenance overhead when we need to make a change to all template variants.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get to know the advanced DocuSign for Salesforce integration options; choosing the right settings can drastically simplify the user experience for non-administrators.

We generate ordering documents using data in Salesforce opportunity records and automatically send the PDFs to DocuSign for digital signature. Our ordering documents used to be created manually, which resulted in them being littered with errors. By enforcing document creation and signature with a combination of Salesforce, Conga, and DocuSign, we've eliminated errors and reduced time to close.

Conga review by <span>Stephanie S.</span>
Stephanie S.

"Conga is a very useful salesforce tool"

What do you like best?

The options with creating custom word and excel documents are essentially limitless. Once you learn now to write the conga "code" you are pretty much good to go. We have created many custom documents that my sales team use on a daily basis

What do you dislike?

learning the conga code that you need for creating the custom buttons is rather difficult. The resources on the conga website are getting better, but they could still use some work. The code behind the buttons are rather quirky.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look into taking a training class. It can be very tricky to set up at first.

We have created documents that the sales team uses on a daily basis that pulls the required information from different parts of salesforce. This makes sure that our customers always receive the latest version of the required documents with accurate information.

Conga review by <span>Jonathan S.</span>
Jonathan S.

"By far the most amazing tool for SF Document Automation!"

What do you like best?

I have used Conga Composer as an end-user and a Salesforce Admin for years. This tool is not only a document generation tool, but it is a suite of tools that allow you to improve your business processes while creating beautiful documents.

This tool allows you to create email templates, word docs, pdfs, html, powerpoint and more. If the data is in SF, you can merge it.

What is even better about this tool is the support. I one time had an issue and the first person couldn't solve it. So I was transferred to the next operator who couldn't solve it. Then I was transferred to the third user who couldn't solve it right away....so, what happened? All three techs jumped on a conference call with me and were on the phone with me until my issue was solved.

What do you dislike?

It has a lot of moving pieces. It would be great to improve the template creation tool.

Donation letter processing, the creation of welcome letters, grants and contracts

Conga review by <span>Jason S.</span>
Jason S.

"Great product from a great company!"

What do you like best?

The ability to quickly and easily create documents from data in our Salesforce database. I've also been very impressed with Conga's incredible customer support and documentation. Their support people took the time to walk me through the product, ensure I understood how to set up and use the Salesforce connectors, and followed up to check in on me a few days later.

What do you dislike?

The interface could use a makeover, as it's a little dated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test drive the product, review the online documentation, and see for yourself how easy and effective the product is.

We use Composer to generate Letters of Agreement, Proposals, etc. for our customers and it greatly improves the speed of creation and accuracy of the information in the document creation process.

Conga review by <span>Clayton S.</span>
Clayton S.

"Makes document creation simple, and users love it!"

What do you like best?

Merging fields are a breeze, and makes it very easy to quickly setup a template. Once your templates are setup, the end users love the ease of document creation. The built in email functionality is very handy, and works great. Conga's support network has also been wonderful so far.

What do you dislike?

The only trouble so far has been user error on my end. I was able to contact their support team, and they were able to point me in the right direction very quickly.

Our leasing division is currently creating lease quotes and lease schedules for their customers using Conga. With the quotes especially, we are able to quickly create a professional looking document, that is taking that business to the next level.

Conga review by <span>Gregory G.</span>
Gregory G.

"Conga makes quoting easy"

What do you like best?

Intuitive CRM (Salesforce) integration allows sales reps to quickly and easily build quotes for clients. Merges fields in your CRM to the templates to ensure accurate information is contained within. Provides multiple output types for flexibility. Template repository allows reps to create and save their own templates for future use.

What do you dislike?

User interface is slightly dated. Reliant on data within CRM. Changes to incorrect prices, license numbers, etc... cannot be made directly through tool unless you download a template and make manual changes in Word.

Allows me to be responsive when clients are looking for quotes. Automate quoting process, cutting down significantly on time needed to build.

Conga review by <span>John K.</span>
John K.

"Transformational Product that has exponentially increased our efficiency..."

What do you like best?

What I like best about Conga Composer 8 is its seamless integration with Salesforce. Conga queries make it easy to pull & render data from our standard & custom objects such as contracts and meeting minutes that bring it right into Powerpoint, PDF or Word. Create a custom link or button and canned reports are easily generated from live data. Before Conga, we used visualforce then exported to Excel or Word, which was particularly inefficient. Conga Composer produces beautiful, rich, branded reports we use on a daily basis.

What do you dislike?

Template builder could be sightly more user friendly, but that is nit-picking. There are features we are not yet taking using. So I'm still learning...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Conga pricing model is user based - perhaps pricing could be reduced by number of templates or events perhaps.

Sales and Admin efficiency gains and click of a button rendering of documents. FTE reduction resulted within 3 months of implementing Conga

Conga review by <span>Adrienne C.</span>
Adrienne C.

"Upgrading the way we share documents!"

What do you like best?

That Conga gives you the ability to pull in from all the different objects that standard email templates and mail merges just won't let you do; with the added benefits of being able to schedule report and document sends as attachments as opposed to just data within an email. Our senior management love being able to get a report with company logos, formatted and company branded as attachments straight to their emails for their meetings.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes conga exports have the ability to push cells in documents out, especially if the merge field names are longer than the data needing to be exported. But other than that there's not much to dislike!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't be scared to have a play around and fail a few times over. It can be a product that takes some getting used to.

Our company loves being able to recieve their scheduled reports as attachments. We're also looking into integrating this with DocuSign in the near future to elimiate manually typing out contracts for our customers.

Conga review by <span>Richard D.</span>
Richard D.

"We cannot do without Conga"

What do you like best?

I've been using Composer for about 9 years at several companies. The ability to create documents using data from multiple objects is invaluable. At several companies, we created complex contract and supporting documents, pulling data from multiple objects such as Accounts, Opportunities, Products, and other custom objects, and merging the data into custom designed templates. None of this would have been possible without Conga.

What do you dislike?

Not too much. There is a learning curve for building templates but once you've got it, it becomes a very easy process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make use of the great support provided by Conga to get started. Otherwise, it can be a little confusing. With a small amount of help and direction, it will all click and become easy.

Mostly contract creation. We use it in conjunction with workflow so it automatically figures out which the,plate to use and pulls in all the required data including product specific terms and conditions. Contracts are always correct and have all the appropriate text -- no room for manual error.

Conga review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"A Great Doc-Gen Solution"

What do you like best?

-Support: The support agents set this product apart from their competitors. They're all super friendly, more than willing to help, and if they tell you that they'll do something, they will keep their commitments. I have implemented Conga at multiple companies both as a full-time employee and a consultant (recommending Conga) expressly because of the support.

-Flexibility of the product (seriously, these guys have thought of just about everything). I can create everything from Sales Decks to reports to roadmaps to narrative Word docs using Conga + SFDC data. I'd like to see more here.

-Ease of use of the product - the new updates that auto-create the buttons make it really simple to use

What do you dislike?

-Documentation, while thorough, could be organized better. The categories don't seem to be as fully baked and easy to navigate as they could be

-Sample templates that can be downloaded and reviewed based on standard SFDC objects

-I would like to see more ideas and how other customers have used Conga for "unconventional" solutions. I like that I can create invoices/quotes with the product, but would like to see the other uses people have come up with to generate from the tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are other solutions similar to Conga out there, but Conga's support sets them far apart from the others.

-Generating consistently formatted documents with the same questions answered by ever producer

-Generating visual roadmaps of projects based on SFDC data

-Generating reporting that isn't capable via native SFDC reporting

Conga review by <span>David P.</span>
David P.

"Great automated document generator!"

What do you like best?

The professional look and automation of document creation is amazing. It has significantly reduced the amount of work my staff do manually creating documents. It is very easy to implement and use. We are looking forward to extending the use of this product to other parts of the organization.

What do you dislike?

The only item I would like to see changed is after customizing a document creation, to have the ability to upload the customized document directly into Sales Cloud without having to manually save it and attach it to the record.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I suggest you share samples of the documents you wish to create to Conga so they can help you better understand what their product will do, will not do, and if this is something you can do on your own or if they would suggest a 3rd party partner to assist.

Creating consistent documents and reports has been challenging and tedious. Conga Composer has made quick work of several common, but complex documents. I really like that it can save a copy of the created document to the associated Sales Cloud record for historical review.

Conga review by <span>Naveen G.</span>
Naveen G.

"A market leading document generation on Salesforce"

What do you like best?

Conga is a market leading document generation product on the Salesforce. It is one of the most popular apps on AppExchange. It is easy to use and allows non-developers to generate documents based on information stored in Salesforce.

What do you dislike?

Conga has recently increased its pricing. So cost is an issue for some of the small businesses that we work with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a market leading product for document generation on the Salesforce platform. If you have the budget, then go for it.

The business problem is generating custom documents like quote, invoice etc from data present in Salesforce. The documents generated needs to have a professional look-and-feel and should show dynamic data from Salesforce objects.

Conga review by <span>Justin M.</span>
Justin M.

"Conga Composer saves my team multiple hours every week"

What do you like best?

We've gone from building contracts through laborious copy and pasting (and meticulous double checking of numbers) to literally hitting a single button and the contract is created. It's a very valuable and powerful tool. I'm excited to learn about new ways we might be able to implement it.

What do you dislike?

I think my biggest headaches so far have all been related to limitations within Microsoft Word (merge fields, number formatting, etc..), and not so much with Conga itself. Unfortunately, for it to do what we want it to, Microsoft Word has to be involved.

Creating contracts quickly and easily through the click of a button

Conga review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Transformed my role and our business processes"

What do you like best?

The support! Congasphere has almost all of the answers I ever need, and if I need to reach out to a support agent my case is usually settled that same day. All of my knowledge is self taught and that's because of the great support articles and demos that are available online.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I feel like I don't know the full extent of the capabilities of the Conga suite I think if I could have a one on one with a developer who could look at my salesforce org with me and tell me the full extent of what we could use that would be really beneficial.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Auto generated contracts and reporting - giving customers instantly information and documents they need. Automated reporting allows me to run reports on a schedule and have a 'set it and forget it' system with getting our outside sales partners the information on their portfolio.

Conga review by <span>Loughton F.</span>
Loughton F.

"Better Than Mail Merge"

What do you like best?

Conga allows us to do things we couldn't with mail merge. We are able to populate data for leases and other documents we couldn't with mail merge. We are even able to create reports that will generate the data we need to merge.

What do you dislike?

It offers a lot and I don't feel we take full advantage of what it offers so there is more to learn.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. There is an. evaluation trial offer.

Conga Composer solved our issues with creating documents with the data prepopulated that mail merge couldn't. Users had to fill in data and ran the chance of errors.

Conga review by <span>Jill R.</span>
Jill R.

"Conga Customer service shines like their product. "

What do you like best?

The template builder makes is very easy to build templates, excel, work and pdf. Their customer service is extremely helpful and attentive anytime I have contacted them.

What do you dislike?

We use this to generate quotes and have had the need to use formulas within tables that are located in a Word doc. Conga composer does not like formulas in Word.

We have users outside of salesforce that are looking for very detailed reports in a specific format. With the help of Conga Customer service I have been able to create an excel template that includes formulas and automatic formatting. HUGE TIME SAVER

Conga review by <span>Jo Ann M.</span>
Jo Ann M.

"Conga Composer - Once you try, you'll want to buy!"

What do you like best?

With the newest wizard, we are able to automate contracts from templates to streamline business operations and contract cycle times. Conga also offers the best support teams to ensure customers are successful. Conga also has an extremely robust road map full of future releases and capabilities.

What do you dislike?

I dislike not being able to able to use all of the features enabled by Conga. I worry I may be building a solution that would work so much better if I also leveraged other Conga features that I probably did not consider.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at all of the features to ensure you have a full solution.

We focused on decreasing the contract signing cycle and have now been able to bill customers just as quickly as the contracts are executed.

Conga review by <span>Phillip H.</span>
Phillip H.

"Amazing Company Support"

What do you like best?

I love that every time I call or interact with my Account Manager they take the time to understand my the difficulties I may be having. Then they dedicate the time to help fix the issue. As a consultant they partner to not sell to the customer but make the customer and our projects successful.

What do you dislike?

I would like the composer template selection to be in Salesforce Lightning.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You may want to build that custom UI or onboard the large group. ROI on conga has shown time and again the cost vs time savings in big.

HR forms- Big Time savings for the team. Allowing them to focus on the employees issue not rebuilding the same document.

Account Briefs- This years main event briefs were generated via conga and save the team weeks of time building them manually.

Contracts

Conga review by <span>Charlton H.</span>
Charlton H.

"Using Salesforce? Conga is a MUST"

What do you like best?

Conga Composer tool is great if you are in need of custom quoting and proposal templates. This tool has ability to bring reporting and presentation to another level with your ORGs SFDC data.

What do you dislike?

Can't think of much now other than limitations on the word doc merge of 2 docx files into one but I doubt others are editing their documentation like my ORG does.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool is great and Conga has ActionGrid which are complementary

Ability to generate quote, proposal, report into excel and or PP and most of all adding the documentation to the SF Opportunity object

Conga review by <span>Allen M.</span>
Allen M.

"Great Functionality and Now Fully Lightning Ready"

What do you like best?

Conga Composer allows us to create a wide variety of documents that put Salesforce in context for sharing with non-SF users. The one-click functionality of Conga Solutions makes this functionality accessible to any user.

What do you dislike?

The most recent update of Conga Composer makes it fully Lightning ready. If you are now working in the Salesforce Lightning user environment you can update your Conga Solutions easily as needs change.

We use Conga Composer to create detailed tracking documents that our staff use in the field and receipts that we issue to vendors. This auto-generation saves us hour of work.

Conga review by <span>Chris U.</span>
Chris U.

"Works Well, but has few glitches"

What do you like best?

The software works great for what I use it for. I use to it send out site visit summaries for the company I work for. It pairs up well with SalesForce and pulls the needed information into an email template, thus saving time.

What do you dislike?

When trying to make manual changes to the auto-email template, sometimes everything is inadvertently deleted because the text/info is part of a table, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Saves time and is probably worth it!

The conga composer pulls info from various places in SalesForce and created an email for follow-up.

Conga review by <span>Rebecca D.</span>
Rebecca D.

"Conga makes tear sheets foolproof"

What do you like best?

Conga takes information from across our SalesForce reports and summarizes it cleanly in a friendly output format.

What do you dislike?

Set up is not accessible for the everyday user and takes a dedicated SuperUser or administrator.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend using Conga to aggregate SalesForce data in one convenient report.

Our team uses Conga to build tear sheets which neatly present a complete picture of our investor relationship to our marketers and portfolio managers before they hit the road. This allows our firm to provide a quick and standardized way of communicating the most critical information across teams.

Conga review by <span>Jessica L.</span>
Jessica L.

"Great document generator"

What do you like best?

We use Conga in combination with our Salesforce database and it is a great tool to get pretty formatted documents out of the system. We use it with donors, our board of directors, and staff.

What do you dislike?

Takes a bit of work to get the buttons setup, but easy steps to follow.

Making factsheets for distribution to staff with easy to read layout. Super time savings since people don't have to look through all the fields in our database, just the key items. Also being able to add logos and other customization is great.

Conga review by <span>Wenyi S.</span>
Wenyi S.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

Conga Composer can easily generate customized Word and Excel files through Salesforce. No need many settings. We also use conga workflow. With workflow, all sales can get the paper without any extra setup just one click on the button.

What do you dislike?

Supporting documents don't have enough examples to explain how to use some specific function.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Improve the speed to generate paper.

Generate quote paper for internal sales and external agents. Save a lot of time for sales to get quotes. Sales don't need to wait for quote team manually create quotes.

Conga review by <span>Hima P.</span>
Hima P.

"Using Conga composer"

What do you like best?

Able to schedule reports that SF is not able to do. I have been able to schedule multiple reports through Conga.

What do you dislike?

I am looking for more training based on Conga features and it is difficult to follow the instructions on the Conga University. There is not sufficient training on the conga University. Looking for more detail training regarding using excel formulas and format for template building. Also, I find difficult working with excel on using formulas needed for the template building.

Scheduling Reports in a format that SF cannot schedule.

Conga review by <span>Rachna V.</span>
Rachna V.

"Conga is Great !"

What do you like best?

Easy to create conga templates. No complex formulas or coding is required. Admins can easily replicate, modify and add new updates to existing templates.

What do you dislike?

Not many options to expand or resize the columns but otherwise everything is in excel which helps in modifications and export in excel format.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good and easy way to generate the documents

We use conga for generating quote templates and for generating order packet in Salesforce. There are different output options excel or pdf which can be controlled based on users and profile in salesforce.

Conga review by <span>Chris G.</span>
Chris G.

"Powerful document generation software"

What do you like best?

The native Salesforce functionality and easy user interface make Conga a natural fit for a variety of companies. We use it for contracts, SOWs, presentations, and Excel documents.

What do you dislike?

The 10 license minimum makes it expensive for our company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I was fearful of the implementation of Conga, but it was actually very easy. They have a ton of documentation and step-by-step instructions for all of the features.

We use it to automatically generate a variety of documents through the sales cycle. These include Excel based estimates, Powerpoint presentations, contracts and SOWs.

Conga review by <span>Garrett S.</span>
Garrett S.

"Streamlining of Quotes and Contracts with Conga Composer"

What do you like best?

Easy Document generation, robust automation capabilities. Integration with both Salesforce & DocuSign for delivery of contract documents to customers. Easy administration of the system.

What do you dislike?

There is not really an aspect of Conga that I do not like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy Robust solution

Conga enables our business to quickly and easily create and send customer quotations as well as contract documents through Salesforce. We've also integrated it seamlessly with DocuSign which has resulted in a much faster process for closing business and processing sales orders.

Conga review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Attorney reviewing contracts assembled by Conga."

What do you like best?

Conga does well with complicated logic; our contract template had different T&Cs depending on the product(s) purchased and Conga was able to take our Franken-template and pump out accurate Work Orders every time.

What do you dislike?

1. There are limits to the logic that made it necessary to have manual edits in every contract instance, which is understandable but wish it could have been more robust.

2. Support services were 6/10 (I often felt that the Conga engineers/sales reps had not prepared for our meetings at all)

3. The use of tables vs. static text made for mismatched margins which overall lead to many manual adjustments or just letting a sometimes visually sloppy document go through to customers.

Reducing time spent drawing up Work Orders and reduce human errors from manual drafting. Both improved but were not 100% eradicated (but met and in some cases exceeded expectations).

Conga review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Conga Composer"

What do you like best?

Once templates and queries are set up, Conga Composer allows our company to create personalized reports with a push of a button. This saves our organization hours for each client report we run. Reports can be set up in various template types including: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.

What do you dislike?

Creating the right queries can be difficult. A decent knowledge of SOQL is needed even when using Conga's Query builder. It would also be nice if the format of the merge fields were consistent across different template types (ie Word, PowerPoint, Excel).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Conga Composer to anyone using Salesforce who would benefit from a push button reporting feature. It is a very flexible system that has the ability to greatly improve efficiency within a company.

Push button client reporting greatly improves efficiency. The ability to have different templates allows us to have custom report types for different stakeholders.

Conga review by <span>Scott P.</span>
Scott P.

"Awesome App for quick solutions"

What do you like best?

I like all of the educational material and the ability to communicate with other customers for solutions. It is great to be able to reach out to a network of other users to get advise on how to tackle obsticles

What do you dislike?

Getting information out of Salesforce is for the most part incredibly easy. What is sometime difficult is tracking changes that are made after the fact. Some other tools that we have reviewed provide ways to track document changes but I don't know of a way to do that with Conga

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take your time during implementation to review training materials. We implemented several working solutions only to find that there were easier ways to complete what we were doing. Reviewing the training information will provide you with the knowledge to build the best solution in the shortest amount of time.

We are creating several documents everyday for customers in various different stages of our customer relationship. Conga allows us to create the majority of these documents quickly streamlining the process for all involved.

Conga review by <span>John P.</span>
John P.

"Free - non-profit version"

What do you like best?

The free version takes care of most of our document creation needs. I like that it saves as a doc rather than trying to send to printer

What do you dislike?

merge field insert is clunky compared to the easy of merge fields in Marketing Cloud or Salesforce templates. It would be alot better if you did not have to use the insert function in word.

Sending paper merges out of salesforce

Conga review by <span>David H.</span>
David H.

"Document Prep in seconds"

What do you like best?

Once you've set up the templates, your documents are so easy to compose for signature and the integration with DocuSign (as well as other e-signing platforms) is top notch. It's pretty much rock-solid.

What do you dislike?

The search feature takes a little long to find an account or contact to attach to the doc if you're launching from the other record type. Other than that, I really have no other complaints about the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the trial, make sure you throw everything you can at it, fully input all of your requirements.

We've cut down on our document processing by 65% and when partnered with an e-sig platform, we've realized a total processing time of nearly 72%.

Conga review by <span>Elizabeth C.</span>
Elizabeth C.

"Great for proposals integrated with Salesforce"

What do you like best?

I like that integration with Salesforce is pretty straightforward and that helps cut down on time spent producing documents and duplicating fields for my company.

What do you dislike?

My only dislike at the moment is that my company has to produce the Conga documents out into Word so that we're able to make certain changes if necessary (applicable to my industry), and Word is just tough to work with sometimes.

We produce professional and templated proposals for our prospects in minutes, keeping our brand cohesive.

Conga review by <span>Samantha S.</span>
Samantha S.

"Conga Composer - great for merging between Salesforce and Word/Excel"

What do you like best?

It took a little bit of start-up elbow-grease to develop all of the merge templates, but I have found Conga to be fairly intuitive and very reliable since I really got into it. Also, their support team is amazing!

What do you dislike?

There are a lot of moving parts to manage!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go in with a specific use case - you will want to know if Conga can handle your most complex merge.

It's been awesome to create templates and then merge our Salesforce data into the exact format we need. We have pretty rigid requirements, so the flexibility is really important for our success.

Conga review by <span>Andrew M.</span>
Andrew M.

"Conga Elevates Performance"

What do you like best?

The ability to customise it to do what needs to be done in a range of different document generating formats.

What do you dislike?

Button conversion for Lightning could take a bit of time to deal with but that's not Conga's fault. Theres nothing really I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely consider it.

Conga Composer has revolutionised the way we prepare documents and fill out forms. The ability to set merge fields has saved us countless hours,

Conga review by <span>Staci R.</span>
Staci R.

"Conga is great - I have many Salesforce clients who couldn't live without it!"

What do you like best?

It is extremely powerful and provides a lot of functionality that my clients need that Salesforce doesn't provide natively. For example, many of my clients need to create complex reports and dashboards and have them formatted a specific way in Excel. Conga allows me to pull raw data from multiple reports and use Excel as middleware to create custom excel reports and dashboards.

I also use it for send automated emails that need to pull data from multiple objects and of course the standard mail merge letters, one-pagers, etc.

What do you dislike?

There is a pretty steep learning curve. Because the tool is so robust and has many bells and whistles, most standard Users will never be creating their own templates. You'll either need a consultant (like me!) or a Power User in-house who can set up the initial buttons/templates. Once that is done (which can take some time) the end User can easily click a button and have the info they need.

Automation of complex reports. Automation of mail merge templates, etc.

Conga review by <span>Sofia M.</span>
Sofia M.

"Conga is saving us so much time!"

What do you like best?

The support that we received while implementing Conga composer was super helpful and we have found the product easy to learn.

What do you dislike?

The conga solutions configuration feels a little clunky and requires a lot of clicks.

We are using Conga Composer to streamline our quarterly performance reports. It has saved the compliance staff a lot of time in creating the reports and has helped in creating consistency in the reporting.

Conga review by <span>Christine D.</span>
Christine D.

"Conga Composer implemented during Salesforce transformation for bank "

What do you like best?

The interface for both users and development resources configuring the system in the back end was simple and straightforward.

Awesome support staff, they were always willing to hop on calls or answer emails.

What do you dislike?

While the reps were very nice and willing to help, they weren't always well versed in issues associated to their product. Questions often went unanswered and we were forced to go through trial and error to troubleshoot the errors. As a consultant billing a client for implementation time, this was inefficient and the vague error handling of the system caused us to spend more time than desired to implement.

Our doc package we were trying to solve for was complicated, but not impossible. It took longer than it should which now causes me to be careful when suggesting Conga as a solution to issues on other clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure your implementation team and support team are involved so the knowledge transfer of what was developed is seamless.

Have holistic understanding upfront of what you need to solve for with Conga. Even on agile projects, it helps to take the extra time up front and come up with a high level idea of what you need the solution to accomplish.

We were implementing Salesforce as a loan origination system for a financial institution. They had a documentation package that served as the approval package for companies going through the onboarding process. This doc package was a final output of up to 50 pages that was previously created by manually scanning docs and filling out information. A lot of the data that went into the documents already existed in Salesforce so being able to take content from the site, merge it into the documents, and then combine all docs into a package took away a huge client pain point.

Conga review by <span>Keleigh P.</span>
Keleigh P.

"Simplifying More Than Just Forms..."

What do you like best?

How easily it has integrated with our complex Salesforce Solution. It has streamlined so much and allowed us to completely eliminate duplication of forms that are not necessary based on certain criteria.

What do you dislike?

I wish the coding was a little easier, specifically the formatting from different types of files. I also wish there was an easier way to mass complete documents. (We have looked into Conga Conductor - but it also has its limits).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure your data is referenced within Salesforce and that it is formatted the way you want it to read/display on a document. Or else you'll be creating LOTS of formula fields to satisfy your needs.

We have been able to utilize this in almost every department!. It saves so much time and allows us to stay on top of the things we need to, rather than making sure the forms/documents are filled out correctly.

Conga review by <span>Jacquelynne  M.</span>
Jacquelynne M.

"Top notch customer service & platforms! "

What do you like best?

The support team at Conga is forward thinking which allows us to dream big! Composer frees our employees to experience better time management while making our customer experience the best it’s been.

What do you dislike?

There is a learning curve that is challenging but staying motivated pays off.

Customer emails are streamlined and professional in appearance.

Conga review by <span>Samantha W.</span>
Samantha W.

"Endless Possibilities"

What do you like best?

The ease of use for the end user. Once a solution is built, the end user simply has to point and click.

What do you dislike?

Our Salesforce instance is highly customized and wasn't set up properly, so I run into some object relation issues when using Conga.

Document creation, automation, invoicing, emailing, data accuracy, efficiency.

Conga review by <span>Eric G.</span>
Eric G.

"Conga Composer is fantastic!"

What do you like best?

I work as a Development Associate and I use Conga Composer for my acknowledgment letter drafts. I love the interface and the customer service. Great stuff!

What do you dislike?

I don't really have anything I dislike about the product at the moment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended!

Streamlining document generation. Acknowledgment letters, donor bios, etc. It's a great product that makes my life easier. Highly recommended

Conga review by <span>Ron S.</span>
Ron S.

"Conga Composer"

What do you like best?

I like that with any pdf, we can create a template that looks awesome.

What do you dislike?

It does take a little bit of education to figure out how to use some aspects of it.

I've used Conga a lot in the past as a SFDC consultant. Now we are going to replace a very complicated CPQ quote in html with Conga.

Conga review by <span>Temisha P.</span>
Temisha P.

"We love Conga!"

What do you like best?

Conga is very user friendly for me as an admin as well as for the sales reps and contract team.

What do you dislike?

Can't think of anything at this time! Conga has been a great tool and we are looking at adding Conga Contracts, which is something that will truly improve productivity.

Conga Composer allows the reps to create a client/prospect-facing quote/proposal in minutes with very little, if any, formatting. The contract team can do the same when creating the contracts. We just create our templates and that makes it seamless for the team. Makes me a happy admin!

Conga review by <span>Megan H.</span>
Megan H.

"Professional looking documents-quick and easy"

What do you like best?

Easy to use for both admins and end users

What do you dislike?

No complaints yet! Support levels have seemed to change where it's more difficult to get answers at times, but the product itself is still great.

Great solution for putting out documents in PDF to present to our customers. Makes our Salesforce data neat and presentable, while also securing it.

Conga review by <span>Crystal M.</span>
Crystal M.

"Conga is Amazing!"

What do you like best?

The flexibility that I have in my merge documents using all the various parameters available with the Conga tool

What do you dislike?

I honestly can not think of anything at the moment

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is a lot to learn within Conga Composer. You may not be able to implement the advanced functions right off the bat without a consultant, or you can work with Conga Support directly and they can help you. So my recommendation would be to be patient, watch the tutorial videos, or take Conga University so that you can be in the best place prior to implementing.

I help Foundations with their Salesforce needs, including document generation. For one client, I was able to take 20 varying templates (different wording based on different scenarios), and reduce it to 1 template using Conga parameters.

Conga review by <span>Jeremy M.</span>
Jeremy M.

"Solution for merge field spacing issues"

What do you like best?

Ease of build - almost 300 available parameters to customize a Salesforce button.

What do you dislike?

Need more hands on training..not a dislike just more of a suggestion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Anyone building templates that require merge fields from Salesforce, this product is an absolute must have!

DocuSign uses PDF’s which prevents merge fields from auto adjusting based on the character size of the record. To solution for this issue, I leveraged Conga Composer to build templates in a MS Word Doc which allows merge fields to auto adjust. Thanks to this solution, our documents look professional. My end users couldn’t be happier!

Conga review by <span>Bo T.</span>
Bo T.

"My Number 1 App for Salesforce"

What do you like best?

Composer makes documents easy and inuitive to generate out of Salesforce.

What do you dislike?

Composer is an integral part of our organization. My only request is that they continue to innovate on the Composer platform and continue to look for ways to make it easier to set up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be patient. There is a learning curve for Admins, but it is worth it.

We utilize Composer to generate Invoices, weekly Project Status reports, NDA’s and Sales proposals. It simplifies and speeds generation and makes our users more efficient and focused on the client engagement rather than being focused on the processes.

Conga review by <span>George S.</span>
George S.

"Conga Composer is a Necessary Tool for Completing Salesforce.com Implementation"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that one can draw data from several related objects and format and position the data exactly where is needs to be in a Word or Excel document.

The customer support is excellent and they go the extra mile to help you as a client.

What do you dislike?

It takes time to ramp up and know the app. Over the years, the documentation and learning resources have improved considerably. It would be great to have some kind of certification for Composer, since it is really quite a complex app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use a consulting partner to help get you setup quicker.

When I was with State Govt, I used it for federal reporting which was in a very specific format. We used it for grant contracts, and other documents as well.

Conga review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Easy install and creation of new templates"

What do you like best?

Easy installation and maintenance of platform. New templates can be altered and created easily, making for quick response to business needs.

Support was very responsive and offered solutions such as in-process editing. Unfortunately, the enhancement has not been completed as far as I know, thus still waiting on this.

What do you dislike?

Wizards tend to help, but can be cumbersome when using Conga components in custom solutions.

In-process editing was tested (in beta at the time), but has not been fully released. Thus, this feature would be a big benefit to our solution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Reputable company for document generation

Generation of Datasheets, Quotes and Invoices

Conga review by <span>Joshua S.</span>
Joshua S.

"Best app on the AppExchange"

What do you like best?

Automation of document creation

Easily attach documents directly to the record

Templates are easy to build and provide powerful results

Integration with DocuSign

Conga Support

What do you dislike?

Can get pricey with large amounts of users.

Streamlined quote generations

Provide powerful reports which are not possible with Salesforce out of the box report builder

Automated the Document generation process

Conga review by <span>Christina M.</span>
Christina M.

"Great tool for merging docs"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use of the tool and when things get complicated, their support team is always very helpful and knowledgeable.

What do you dislike?

I love everything about Conga, no dislikes here.

We use Conga to generate a receipt and email to our customers. It allows us to create beautiful documents to send to the customer.

Conga review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Document and Contract Management amplified"

What do you like best?

Massive amounts of customization and automation scripting, Contracting features are excellent, support and dealing with company staff is excellent. Output to all popular formats, and complete integration into Salesforce. I consider Conga to be part of the SFDC perfect stack.

What do you dislike?

The sheer capability and customizations, especially in later versions, makes it potentially difficult to wrap your head around and understand at first. A bit like learning a new language. understanding the interaction of the moving parts is key.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to learn all the capabilities. Understand the architecture and how all the Conga pieces come together. use the training resources/support forum etc.

Contract generation, proposals, marketing mnaterials can be generated quickly and are in a much better format that standard SF exports.

Conga review by <span>Kathleen S.</span>
Kathleen S.

"My favorite AppX tool!"

What do you like best?

We have been a conga customer since 2010. They have always gone above and beyond to meet even our mist complex needs. There is no better way to get data out if SF and distribute to SF and non-SF users.

What do you dislike?

If I had to pick something I would say I wish the merge was a little faster.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best tool out there for document generation and distribution.

Visualizing data in a better and more distributable format including quotes, win/ loss forms, triage forms, trip reports, account plans and executive summaries.

Conga review by <span>Letrecia T.</span>
Letrecia T.

"Best on the Market "

What do you like best?

How many cool features can you pack into one product . conga composer has been instrumental in our document management both internal and externally and what I like best is the user interface and the ease of use.

What do you dislike?

It’s a very robust and fluid system i like everything about it now

Document management and merge capabilities COnga has cut down a lot of issues with the many forms we have to manage, this tool allows me to do that seamlessly.

Conga review by Administrator

"Conga"

What do you like best?

Conga does some great stuff if you're trying to generate invoices and pull from multiple objects. It can be really helpful when you're generating loads of documents in word.

What do you dislike?

It can be a little bit odd and not always work. You have to be a pretty strong Salesforce user to understand Conga, and even then, it does take some time to learn. Luckily they have fantastic support.

I've used them mostly in consulting, but it can help anyone who generates documents with data from Salesforce.

Conga review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Just Jumped In - Initial Experience"

What do you like best?

We recently decided Conga Composer as a solution for document generation because of its integration with SalesForce and easy interface - both have made the implementation process easy so far!

What do you dislike?

So far, I only dislike the fact that there is SO much you can do that it can be hard figuring out where to start (but their support team and site is super helpful).

Recommendations to others considering the product

So far, I absolutely recommend the product.

Mainly, direct mail, but we're exploring how the product will better our processes in other areas.

Conga review by <span>Matthew M.</span>
Matthew M.

"Awesome Product!!!"

What do you like best?

Customer service with this company is the best. When you call their support line you will have someone speaking with you within a minute generally. I was given the role of administering our Conga components and knew nothing about the product. Their helpful training videos and support staff got me up and running in nothing flat.

What do you dislike?

There are some headaches with the Salesforce integration but we using custom objects and associations. The majority of our issues are linked around issues with Conga running into Salesforce rules and limits because of our customization.

We are using this for multiple things such as Enrollment Form pre-population via Composer, batch excel file creation via Conductor, and report scheduling via Courier.

Conga review by <span>Esther G.</span>
Esther G.

"User friendly, extremely dynamic, great support!!"

What do you like best?

The syntax is super easy to learn and the documentation for the end user is seamless to create. Highly recommend!

What do you dislike?

After learning the basic limitations-which are very few-creating templates was a breeze!

We are generating annual reports for partnering institutions, providing them with an easy to read document of data collected from Salesforce.

Conga review by <span>Jennifer D.</span>
Jennifer D.

"A Great Solution for Customer Quotes"

What do you like best?

The customer support offered by Conga was phenomenal. Every time I had a question, big or small, every time there was a cheerful agent willing to spend anywhere from 2 min to 2 hours helping me find the answer to my question. And if at the end of the two hours, we still didn't have an answer, I was sure to get an email with an update or a suggested solution later in the day. This team was the best.; an excellent sense of security for businesses who have limited experience with the tool.

What do you dislike?

Users complained about the time it took to generate the solution (i.e. generate the quote), and I agree that at times, the merge time could drag on a lot. When testing, waiting for the templates to generate was very time consuming, and at times resulted in very un-useful error messages.

Delveloping on this tool requires astute attention to detail. I could see this as being frustrating for some. It does take getting used to. But as I mentioned, Conga has excellent Customer Support to help you even if you just need a second pair of eyes on something (trust me, you will need it for this stuff!).

I think the tool could be a lot more efficient and practical for those developing on if they had a console that guided the user in correct syntax, ensuring the user is calling to fields/objects that are in the query, and allowed the user to preview their template without having to save their work and navigate to a new screen and wait for ages for the template to merge, etc.

Like all tools, there are some restrictions with the capabilities of the merge templates, but none that are unlivable. Overall, I would definitely reinvest in this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. With Conga's great support team, you should feel confident that you team members will succeed in administering this tool

Conga Merge Templates enables our business to provide dozens of quote templates to be used based on partners, customers, product type, etc. The tool interfaces with Salesforce in such a flexible way that permits Salesforce Admins and Developers to provide a custom UI for Sales and other users to interact with.

Conga review by <span>Christine E.</span>
Christine E.

"Conga is a game-changer"

What do you like best?

I love how simple and easy Conga Composer makes my job! Having information automatically pull into a template that looks professional and well versed, makes communication that much easier.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much I dislike about the product. It's fast, accurate, and makes my day run a lot quicker!

Conga Composer allows our Sales department to generate information quickly and easily. We love that it can pull in information we've already entered in other fields and makes the response look personal, yet professional.

Conga review by <span>Rich S.</span>
Rich S.

"Helped us achieve all form creation use cases."

What do you like best?

It has worked very well. Customer support is helpful and calls back very quickly if you are ever stuck in a learning curve.

What do you dislike?

There is somewhat of a learning curve but they are creating solutions to address those and customer support is great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Conga has many webinars as well as an excellent knowledgebase. They even have Conga University, though I have to admit I have not tried the university yet. . . I haven't needed to. So get some help on your first implementation and then dig in and learn how to do it yourself. There is a bit of a learning curve but I am not a programmer and I am now very proficient.

We provide 24 hour care for disabled patients and we operate in 3 states. Each State has specific and custom form requirements. We print nurses' notes, medical appointment forms, prescription sheets and many other custom forms. Conga is able to take data from multiple objects and combine it into one completed form. The template builder is a great tool. We are able to fill out custom forms accurately. We are also able to batch create forms. I have become proficient enough that I am confident that Conga could fulfill any form requirement. It is very nice to have a tool that is so flexible you are not at all worried about potential use cases. It works so well, and you can build solutions so quickly that I look forward to the requests.

Conga review by <span>Ashley S.</span>
Ashley S.

"Conga Composer is Awesome"

What do you like best?

Pretty much everything but more recently the batch and automation features with Conductor and Workflow that allows you to create batches of documents and also automate certain features on any object.

What do you dislike?

Nothing big sticks out that I dislike but perhaps if we were able to generate more than 1,000 records/documents with Conductor.

Generating large batches of documents at one time and the task and reporting features that allow me to keep up with my daily work and that of my team.

Conga review by <span>Rich E.</span>
Rich E.

"Conga Composer - Use it for document generation out of Salesforce"

What do you like best?

Conga is fantastic for creating quote documents or pulling data out of Salesforce into Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or PDF!

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything about Conga, they are a great product and partner. Very good support too!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask the Conga team to show you what you're looking for so you can confidently purchase, their team is great at helping put together what you need.

We have been able to create quote documents and invoices much easier and quicker (1 click!) with Conga.

Conga review by Administrator in Oil & Energy
Administrator in Oil & Energy

"Conga Composer"

What do you like best?

Able to create reports and use in template builder. Saves time and like the flexibility.

What do you dislike?

Process for creating a template is far from intuitive and feels a bit clunky. Support documentation is hard to find and hard to determine steps to create templates, etc.

Using Conga to provide detailed reports across multiple objects to our constituents. Allowed us to move from Excel templates to a much more professional template.

Conga review by <span>Adam W.</span>
Adam W.

"Outstanding ROI"

What do you like best?

How simple it is! We can put a ton of work into scripting fields and reports in SFDC, but they only live there and are hard to get externally. DC allows us to share with our partners all of their key metrics by clicking 1 button.

What do you dislike?

Some limitations exist on what you can report on, and we have had some issues with currency reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent company and tool.

External communication with partners is the key area. Our channel teams had struggled to compile various points of data across all lines of the business before. Now, we aggregate everything in the Account and run DC against it for simple PPT slide presentations they can generate the night before a meeting.

Conga review by <span>Jessie C.</span>
Jessie C.

"Efficient and useful"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to upload a new receipt template.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when I try to load a picture, the formatting gets mixed up and it takes me longer to figure what to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I did not do the setup but if you are new to building software for a business, I would highly recommend having help building it so its geared towards your business.

Sending email receipts and being able to change our message every few weeks! Less paper!

Conga review by User in Computer Software

"Fantastic Solution "

What do you like best?

Easy to use, fantastic integrations, good support team and very affordable. Most of all, I liked it as it reduced the amount of work needed by the sales team to manually creating documents. It is very easy to implement and use.

What do you dislike?

None that I can think of at this moment. It's create for small companies as it get's the job done in putting together quotes especially if your product line is extremely basic. In addition, although the Salesforce integration is incredibly seamless and is for the most part incredibly easy. What is difficult from the finance perspective is being able to track those changes and being able to record on them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do a trial with their solution to ensure they support your product lines and product offerings.

Automation of complex reports. Automation of mail merge templates, etc.

Conga review by <span>Marie-Claire A.</span>
Marie-Claire A.

"Great experience all around"

What do you like best?

The knowledgeable support staff and sales

What do you dislike?

That I wasn't given an actual install guide. I'm anal about getting those. lol

WE can have our sales folks spend less time working in SFDC and more time out in the field.

Conga review by <span>Ben P.</span>
Ben P.

"Join the Conga LIne..."

What do you like best?

Customer Service - and the fact that it's the best app exchange product known to man. There is no better app vendor than Conga. I will always find a reason to implement Conga in any org.

There is always a use case for one of their products and every one is simple to implement.

What do you dislike?

Is this a serious question? there is nothing to dislike about this product, unless you are looking for something that Conga is not designed to do, but why would you do that?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't mess around with the competition (what competition there is). There are no alternatives that provide as much value for money as Conga

Automated Receipts and Invoices, Certificates, Attendance Records, Proposal Documents, Contracts. Monthly KPI Reports

Lest we not forget the classic mail merge capability.

Conga does a lot of great stuff that Salesforce can't

Conga review by Administrator in Computer & Network Security
Administrator in Computer & Network Security

"Simple and easy to use tool to generate PDFs"

What do you like best?

Conga composer is so flexible that we easily setup a PDF file to be generated from the data available in our Salesforce records. Pretty straight forward once you get hands on experience on how to use the tool.

What do you dislike?

There isn’t a manual which I could fine in their website to start learning how to use this tool. It has always been create a ticket with the support or make a phone call to know more the new features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learning the tool before setting it up could be of great use.

Generate PDF files from our Salesforce objects. Export 1 more more reports at once into a excel sheet.

Conga review by <span>John F.</span>
John F.

"Conga Meets needs"

What do you like best?

The flexibility of the software with all needs in Salesforce

What do you dislike?

Conga meets the needs of our company and at this point there is nothing we would change

Unique Excel Exports...We will be using now for complex contracts generation.

Conga review by <span>Rick S.</span>
Rick S.

"Conga for Quotes"

What do you like best?

While the premise is simple, Conga can do a lot of things. Almost everything I've asked help with to do, Conga has been able to.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if it was just a bit faster when it's generating a doc, but it's a nit-picky things.

We built our own CPQ solution using Conga as the quote generator. It's affordable, simple, flexible, and scalable.

Conga review by <span>Nate S.</span>
Nate S.

"Great Software"

What do you like best?

The company for which I work, One World Direct, uses Conga Composer for all of our contracts. I love how this seamlessly integrated with Salesforce. I would highly recommend this to any any all companies.

What do you dislike?

At this time I can not think of anything that I don't like.

Every time we create a proposal or a contract for a prospect or client, we use Conga Composer. It is very easy to use and easy to update.

Conga review by <span>Linda G.</span>
Linda G.

"Conga Composer"

What do you like best?

Customization of templates is easy using the template builder. I also like that composer pulls in the salesforce fields we decide we want on the documents.

What do you dislike?

When I do need to speak with a support person, sometimes it takes a day to get a callback.

We use composer to standardize our draft and final contacts so all have a professional look. All users now present the same look, which allows us to look polished.

Conga review by <span>Alexandra Meunier A.</span>
Alexandra Meunier A.

"Easy to use, big impact tool"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use when setting up templates or editing existing ones.

What do you dislike?

This is a great product with an expansive help and training library.

We use composer for contract data merging, account information sheets, and reporting

Conga review by <span>Pascal P.</span>
Pascal P.

"Solid application, fills a niche in the SF ecosystem."

What do you like best?

Flexibility to build queries according to your needs using SOQL.

What do you dislike?

Feels like mature technology; UI could be better. Not seeing a lot of innovation incl. e.g. breakthough new features

Roll-up reporting, sent to customers via Conductor.

Conga review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer

"Love it"

What do you like best?

we use conga for Univeristy events and we love it, our parents love it, our future students love it.

What do you dislike?

it can be confusing at first to set it up and coding but afterwards its easy to use and clone

Recommendations to others considering the product

easy to use and connected to our CRM

we had an old version but now it updated and syncs with our salesforce CRM

Conga review by User in Higher Education

"Quirky but Useful"

What do you like best?

I use conga most for mail merging. I create visa documents for student and this is by far the easiest way to do it

What do you dislike?

Nothing other than actually having to sit down and learn the ins and outs of it

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very helpful but difficult to get started - need lots of practice to get used to it. Also, very expensive (but worth it)

Mail merging - it is way easier than with Microsoft word

Conga review by <span>Josh P.</span>
Josh P.

"Conga Composer is top-notch"

What do you like best?

The ease and simplicity with getting a solution set up and implemented

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike. The troubleshooting and self-help site could use some better indexing

Month-end billing recs, invoices, service reports and some reports/dashboards