Conga Composer

Conga Composer

Conga Composer makes it easy for Salesforce.com users to create sophisticated documents and reports using their data in Salesforce CRM with just a few clicks.

Work for Conga Composer?

Learning about Conga?

Conga Composer Reviews

Ask Conga a Question
Showing 253 Conga reviews
Conga review by <span>Jaron J.</span>
Jaron J.

Export more than data from Salesforce, export the documents you need for your customers.

What do you like best?

Many solutions for the private sector don’t always apply to state government processes, but Conga Composer is seamlessly integrating into our highly customized org. Conga Composer allows us to export finished documents and speeds up all of our internal processes.

Our team can overcome the tedious nature of relying solely on dated technologies like Word by outsourcing document generation to an automated tool. Composer merges data from standard and custom Salesforce objects so that manual document generation is a thing of the past. Most templates are easy to make and manage.

What do you dislike?

The product has a lot of moving parts that can be difficult to manage. Dated implementations of Composer that aren't documented well can make an Admin's job difficult.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Are you Salesforce user looking for document generation in order to leverage your data? Investigate this product.

What is Conga Composer doing for us?

-Replaces frustrating manual document generation like Word file management with simple Salesforce record keeping.

-Template management is straightforward

-Dramatic increase in our team’s productivity

-Customer support you’d expect from an excellent company like Conga!

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Conga Composer
Conga review by <span>Rupert M.</span>
Rupert M.

Conga is awesome, it makes it easy to create standard emails with merge fields

What do you like best?

Conga allows you to create email templates and customize them for each client with the click of a button. You only have to create the template once and add merge fields, for example Client Name, address, etc. and you have a standard template being sent with specific information to each client.

What do you dislike?

It can get tedious when trying to create the merge fields. Also, the button creation can be cumbersome because you have to create queries and follow all kinds of specification to get the document to where you need it to be. It can be overwhelming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make it simpler to set up the buttons and it would be nice to have better support.

Saving sales reps time as it relates to contacting clients. We have even found ways to give the option to send custom messages to clients if they so chose, on a standard template. There is a lot that can be done if you take the time to learn the software.

What Salesforce CRM Document Generation solution do you use?

Conga review by <span>Amandine A.</span>
Amandine A.

Great product and the greatest support team

What do you like best?

Conga has become a vital part of our business, but what I like best has to be the support team. When I moved into my current role and was tasked with fixing an issue with a merge I had no idea where to even start! I called their support and they were incredibly patient and helpful. When I explained I knew nothing about the set up or implementation of the product, the person helping me walked me through step by step, answered all my questions thoroughly and patiently, and even sent me direct contact info for further questions. Anytime I have had to call in to their support I am amazed that every rep has such a great attitude. They want to help and they are willing to teach, not just fix your problem and send you on your way. With their help and guidance I have not had to call them as frequently as the months have gone by,

What do you dislike?

Figuring out the language for contract merges was a nightmare. I have no prior experience in this field and I have had to spend a lot of time googling how to format the contracts. I could have called in to their support and I am sure they would have happily helped me but I was stubborn and determined to figure it out on my own. Also the latest update has been a little hectic because we still have merges that live on the old version and some in the new version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to read through their blog and learn. Also don't ever hesitate to call their support, they will help with any issues no matter how tiny they may be.

We are able to create contracts quickly from Salesforce with custom fields populated. We have over 100 different types of contracts and being able to quickly pull a contract and print and send over signing has saved us many a deal. We have started to use the merges for other aspects of our business, and have been successful with implementations.

Conga review by <span>Justin S.</span>
Justin S.

Great for teams without developers or users who change things often

What do you like best?

Great to have power business users doing maintenance on documents. Does not require a developer to make changes to a Visualforce document. Integration to adobe sign works well. Has some nice advanced features like background processing if you figure out the parameters for them.

What do you dislike?

Interface and integration is clunky, documentation is really hard to find information. Salesforce integration involves creating a button that has all of the data you would need from reports and queries, so maintaining that in large deployments with many templates can be a nightmare. Adding the correct tag formatting to Word documents was not obvious, and there was no documentation to help. The copy and paste tag editor helped for the name, but not the formatting. Once I contacted support, they were able to help, but this is a basic feature for which there was no documentation.

Creating agreement documents, pre-filling forms, sending complex emails with data from various object sources

Conga review by <span>Giancarlo S.</span>
Giancarlo S.

Conga Composer for Salesforce Doc Gen

What do you like best?

The ease of building doc gen solutions with Conga Queries, Conga Solutions, Conga Templates, and Conga Global Merge

What do you dislike?

Not all components are lightning ready. List view buttons are not lightning ready so the user has to switch to classic to use list view buttons. Not a big deal, but is definitely a nice to have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have used other doc gent tool. Some that require HTML and some that have a user interface. Conga Composer is the easiest to use and has the most robust toolkit.

It is on the pricier side, but I have found them to be willing to discuss pricing based on the client's needs especially when it comes to not for profits. And they do not charge for mass gen like some other tools.

Presentation Ready reports pulling data in from multiple Standard and Custom Objects.

Tax Receipting

Prefilled Printable Forms

Conga review by <span>Gina R.</span>
Gina R.

Conga Composer takes mail merge to a whole new level

What do you like best?

With Conga Composer I have been able to harness all of the data within Salesforce to create complex document packages for my customers. I have worked with many different document assembly tools in the past and this is the first one that effortlessly combines data from different areas without complex code. It is an essential tool to leverage data within Salesforce and provides a compelling reason for my users to put everything in the system when they know I can take it all out in useful documents.

What do you dislike?

I have so far not found a way to create multiple documents off of a table in Salesforce using only Conga Composer so that I can also incorporate data from related tables.

I have been able to automate multiple document packages for different use cases, including creation of loan documents, credit memos and account briefs. It is improving the quality and efficiency for document production across multiple business units.

Learn more about Conga Composer

Conga Composer Videos

Learning about Conga Composer?

* We monitor all Conga Composer reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.