ConnectWise Automate

4.0

ConnectWise Automate's remote monitoring and management platform allows businesses to automate IT tasks to improve efficiency.

Work for ConnectWise Automate?

Learning about ConnectWise Automate?

ConnectWise Automate Reviews

Ask ConnectWise Automate a Question
Showing 71 ConnectWise Automate reviews
ConnectWise Automate review by Richard A.
Richard A.

"You get out of it...what you put into it"

What do you like best?

I have yet to find a critical feature MISSING from Labtech - they've thought of everything. The integration with ConnectWise is as good as it gets (and getting better every month) and our team would be lost without it.

What do you dislike?

What I like, and dislike, are related. With all of the features and capabilities that come with this robust RMM tool - there comes a responsibility and investment to learn it. And, there's a lot to learn. Not for the faint of heart and not for a 1-man band. That said, I would likely say the same thing of any other RMMs -- so the upside Labtech offers outweighs the learning curve...if you take the time to learn it well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Identify a potential dedicated RMM ADMIN on your team - or outsource it (even better). In order to realize high ROI from this investment, you need expertise...don't underestimate that variable.

Patching, scriping/automation and agent monitoring are key 'wins' - and we seem to get smarter and smarter each day about new ways we can automatically remediate issues as they arise - which ultimately improves our efficiency and scalability.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about ConnectWise Automate

"Terrible Support"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to use scripts to manage large groups of computers, and the monitors are very useful as well.

What do you dislike?

Documentation is sometimes lacking, and difficult to locate when it comes to very specific issues, and support is terrible. I put in a support request over 2 weeks ago, for what should've been a quick response. When I contact support they say a support engineer will get back to me, but they never do. Typically the only support they provide is to send a link to documentation. Which is fine, when it's the correct documentation. Sometimes it takes several attempts to get the correct documentation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If support is important to you, evaluate some other products first.

We use Automate to manage and monitor many different client locations. It helps to monitor health and security and to implement changes to a large group of computers through built in and custom scripts.

What Enterprise IT Management Suites solution do you use?

ConnectWise Automate review by Sean P.
Sean P.

"Truely the best. You get what you pay for in life, we pay a little more for Labtech, but worth it."

What do you like best?

Amazingly powerful! The Scripting engine can do so much, and the monitoring is extremely customization. But those who need it working out of the box, the ignite package is the quick and easy way to go to get you running very quickly.

What do you dislike?

Support requests are a little slow for e-mail and phone calls, but their chat is great for little one off questions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Remember you get what you pay for, many RMM's are free but there is a great deal of setup involved to get it running where it is really usable. Labtech has their ignite "out of the Box" setup which is pre-configured with almost everything you would need for most systems. Setup of additional monitors is very easy. The scripting ability is very powerful, but it does require some time investment to learn the scripting in's and out's. Once you get just some of the basics learned it opens up a world of possibilities.

Labtech is constantly finding minor bugs and resolving them, and pushing the updates out to the partners. Which makes it easier to not worry about flaws. Initial support requests after your setup can take a day to get processed into an engineer, but their engineers are some of the most friendly and easy to talk with people. It's always a pleasure to work with them when we need to.

Name a Problem and we're trying to solve it for a client. Something that several of our clients like is the ability to put self help options into place for them. They click on our Company tray icon, select the self help menu option and can select customized self help options. From re-mapping their main network drive to downloading and installing software onto systems when employees switch workstations. Fewr calls to us, and happier clients.

ConnectWise Automate review by Donovon C.
Donovon C.

"One tool to rule them all! "

What do you like best?

LabTech seemingly grows in importance and vitality every update. It allows complete control of your companies resources, from computers to servers and nearly everything in between. Scheduled commands give you access to powerful scripting engines that make repetitive tasks as simple as a right click. Auditing and reporting are built in and it is now easier than ever to manage your company's resources.

What do you dislike?

With so many features, there are always going to be some bugs. Especially in an application with such a large scope. We've had issues with certain scripts not always running successfully, especially post upgrade or update. From time to time the screen connect ad on will require a re-install on a client machine. An agent will require a force update. Some minor bugs, but nothing that is completely unusable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give your implementation team adequate time to familiarize themselves with the software before rolling it out. We have a dedicated person who's job is primarily to ensure that LabTech and over vital systems are up to date and performing correctly. This has been vital knowledge to have when asking training related questions, and has provided me with the tools needed to expand my own use of the software. Additionally, it is helpful to look into the integrations available with LabTech. There are so man, such as the Shadowprotect integration, that really make the software invaluable.

We are able to use Labtech to manage patching for servers and desktops, monitor backups, monitor server uptimes and alert us when servers or sites go offline. We are able to install software simply by installing the agent and moving the computer to the correct container. We have been able to report on the software installed or the resources available for a client on the fly. We are also able to provide our clients with services such as detecting changes in a file system via LabTech ticketing.

ConnectWise Automate review by David T.
David T.

"LabTech Review"

What do you like best?

LabTech is a lot like other managers of this sort, but the thing I like most about LabTech is that once it is set up it is easy to see all the computers on the network at once and connect to them. It looks very forward once it is set up but there are a lot of hidden intricacies below the surface.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that LabTech is not very upfront about how to get everything setup and deployed. The patching could be a lot more straight forward than it is. Also, when used in conjunction with screenconnect the deployment tools can be confusing to use depending on the size of the organizations or are trying to deploy to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are in an environment where you can stick to just using SCCM; I would just do that. We don't really use the ticketing functions of LabTech so I can't really speak to how it works there.

LabTech can solve a lot of business problems; we are currently using it to manage almost all of our clients workstations. It can be used for a lot more than this, but we feel this is what it excels at.

ConnectWise Automate review by Martin W.
Martin W.

"Manage Client Base Easily"

What do you like best?

I like that ConnectWose Manages easily integrates with other applications that we are currently using. This application helps us seemlessly manage Client information and issues that are submitted by phone and email. I highly recommend this software to all MSPs.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is not clearly stated on what is needed to do to get a workflow properly set up to keep a ticket being touched.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This application is a very fast RMM and monitoring tool.

We can easily manage Client information, contacts, contracts, configurations and tickets for all clients.

ConnectWise Automate review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Amazingly powerful RMM tool"

What do you like best?

This product allows you to do so many different things and Taylor fit it to any need for any kind of company that needs a remotely managed product

What do you dislike?

Along with it being so powerful and having so many options I feel like the interface could be a lot more user-friendly because of how many different things you can do with this product it would make onboarding and managing much easier to have a better interface

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you set it up right in the beginning, use the "free" session time with a connectwise rep on implementing and setting up your system, if done correctly you won't need to do very much tweaking to the system afterwards and the system will essentially work for you. You can set up systems create an alert which generates a ticket if a service stops running, and apply a script to start the service back up and close the ticket on its own!

This product allows me to remotely manage maintain and react to any kind of issues, provide updates and remotely access workstations. After initial setup of management this product essentially works on its own for patching antivirus and Remote Management. One of the nicest features is all of the different software that integrates with Automate, Webroot can be managed directly through the Automate client screen. It is just a very well put together product that is taking our company to the next level.

ConnectWise Automate review by Robert L.
Robert L.

"Very nice software, very aggravating technical support"

What do you like best?

I do like the metrics that the solution provides. Nearly everything you can think of is covered for stat gathering.

Remote connecting with Screenconnect also is fairly impressive. Rarely have I seen lags like other remote control software.

The new reporting feature is also quite nice, even better then the original built-in reporting tool

What do you dislike?

Biggest thing I dislike is the wait for support. Sure, you can call the 800 number for support, but you talk to 'dispatch' which they 'can' create a ticket, but they 'strongly recommend' that you start a chat session.

So, you start a chat session and even if you're #1 in line, you can still have a 30 minute wait. If there's more than four people in queue, you can be waiting in chat for over two hours. Fine and dandy if you have the time, but when I'm on a client site and I run in to a problem, I don't have hours to spend waiting for a solution, I need answers asap.

Since December 2015, I've been told the same excuse from any of the 'dispatch' call takers (we're extremely busy....we are cross training...etc

IMHO step up and hire the staff or even outsource it

Recommendations to others considering the product

If technical support is high on your list, consider one of the competitors.

Do take the training for Labtech and follow that up with any additional training you might want.

Complete network monitoring for my clients. In one case I was able to rebuild a server even though my client didn't have product keys handy because the software was able to capture the product key for the OS and for SQL Server. In the end we found the original product keys and they matched.

ConnectWise Automate review by Ken W.
Ken W.

"Lab Tech Experience"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to handle many administrative tasks either via scripting, or behind the scenes without interruption the end user.

What do you dislike?

We have had some issues with updates changing some of our customizations. This usually requires engaging LT Support to resolve this.

View the webinars.

Engage with a partner that is using it.

The amount of features that it offers can be overwhelming at first - be patient.

Go to Automation Nation and meet other users and the development team.

Patch Management, Anti-virus monitoring/updates, Rapid Response to off-line servers, monitoring at a very granular level - CPU temperature.

There is so much that LabTech can do automatically, that it frees up our engineers to handle more serious issues. Because 90% of our trouble tickets can be handled remotely, we can have our engineers being more productive, rather than driving from client-to-client.

ConnectWise Automate review by Daryl C.
Daryl C.

"Daily opperational tool that is opened after Outlook and ConnectWise."

What do you like best?

I started with LT back in late 2009. There has been some growing pains along the way but it I tool that I rely on day after day.

What do you dislike?

Not withstanding LT 11...referring to LT 10.5 and before...just have not had any time with 11 yet.

While LT is the best RMM tool that I have tested it does not seem that it was well throughout prior to execution.

Specifically what I mean by that is that it seems to be more like a work in progress. New features get added while some of the older clunky stuff still lingers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take MORE time in the beginning to get it setup right the first time. My granddad always said, 'If you do not have time to do it right the first time...when will you have time to do it over again." This is absolutely my biggest mistake with LT...I did not triple the time needed to implement correctly the first time...and have never gone back.

LT takes a lot of the day to day items (Windows Updates, some third-party app updates, AV etc and automats it so I spend resources on other things.

ConnectWise Automate review by Administrator

"Great Software---Hate Commercialization though"

What do you like best?

Its amazing what Connectwise has done with this software. The fact that I can have 40 locations and manage everything in one portal, from the helpdesk to the assets, to the policies implemented, its an amazing software for that piece.

What do you dislike?

Truly, the only thing I don't like about ConnectWise Automate is that the software has been commercialized even more since ConnectWise purchased/combined with Labtech. It was always great feeling like we were part of something "up and coming" but now its just huge and never-ending it feels like.

We solved our lack of company-connectedness by implementing ConnectWise. We were able to make all of our locations feel that headquarters hadn't forgotten about them and their IT needs. Tickets were responded to in a timely manner, necessary visits to these sites could be justified by the amount of interaction each site was having, as well as being able to set one person as the main contact at each site, was a great additive.

ConnectWise Automate review by Alex F.
Alex F.

"Clunky, Complicated, and Powerful"

What do you like best?

You can customize the heck out of Labtech.

This gives you a base monitoring platform to let you know what is happening on networks that could be half the world away.

What do you dislike?

You MUST customize the heck out of Labtech.

Their out of the box experience and basic design has been flawed by their acquisition by ConnectWise, and the mentality that "everything is a ticket". This creates so much noise that you can't tell the good from the bad. The Dev's are swayed by "how many things can we find and put on a dashboard to make it look like our software does lots of stuff" instead of delivering critical information clearly and quickly, backed by less important historical trend data in a more efficient place than your ticket system.

As a long time Labtech client, we spend way too much time just fighting the noise that the system creates...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have the man-power to dedicate a resource to LT, and a training budget to get that person up to speed. This product costs more than the monthly fees. It's also very complex, and support can be spotty depending on who you get on the other end of the phone.

Labtech gives us a suite of very powerful tools, as well as a deployment engine for our own custom scripting...

ConnectWise Automate review by Stana S.
Stana S.

"Preferred RMM"

What do you like best?

Ability to view information about systems without logging into them. Integration with ConnectWise

Auto remediation of some issues.

Reports to clients are quick and easy. I have clients ask for asset summaries often and it take about 3 click and I have a PDF to send off right away.

What do you dislike?

High learning curve. First used it mainly for remote access which was a waste of money but after spending more time learning the software we have improved upon the use of Labtech

Recommendations to others considering the product

Since ConnectWise purchased Labtech it is improving all the time. It is a much more mature product that it was even a year ago. We have looked at other products and have considered running them along with Labtech but I think Labtech is going to stay our foundation product for RMM

Monthly billing count of workstations is now accurate. Increased revenue by having good counts of workstations. Less manual work by engineers as we are scripting more actions all the time.

ConnectWise Automate review by Christopher M.
Christopher M.

" Good RMM Tool for Your MSP"

What do you like best?

I've worked with Kaseya in the past and while there are a lot of similarities I think the user experience and ease of use is better with LabTech. The price point on LabTech is better and they have put more of an effort to add more features as of late.

What do you dislike?

Even though they make strides with new features it always feels like a struggle. They are really good for a while and then they seem to get complacent and no new features are delivered for a bit. I had the same experience with Kaseya at different times. Maybe I just have strong expectations for a major tool in my business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your research. Labtech may be right for some organizations but not others. Make sure their R&D roadmap fits with what you are looking to accomplish. For us, they allowed us to be scalable without large capital investments.

This is our main line-of-business tool. It allows us to remotely monitor, manage and remotely connect each of our clients' endpoints from a central tool. This allows us to be effective in our service to our clients.

ConnectWise Automate review by MJ S.
MJ S.

"Labtech Review"

What do you like best?

Depth and strength of capabilities. LabTech allows us to deliver on our proactive service promise by alerting our team to issues that may impact a customer before they know about it. The depth of the technology also allows for detailed information on the infrastructure and robust integrations and scripting to automate as much as possible.

What do you dislike?

Can still be a bit tough to navigate. The interface is sometimes not as responsive as it should be and that negatively impacts user productivity at times.

We are able to do more proactively leveraging the automation capabilities of LabTech. It helps us be as efficient as possible and the tight integration with ConnectWise is excellent. We are able to properly alert and respond to developments that may negatively impact a customer. We are also able to gain a very deep view into the customer infrastructure.

ConnectWise Automate review by Celestino F.
Celestino F.

"Connectwise works pretty well."

What do you like best?

The ability to connect almost instantly to client computers/server is amazing

What do you dislike?

The new interface is clunky and looks to be built for tablets. We force it to load the old interface which has more information at a glance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I use this software on a daily basis to monitor our many clients and their servers, desktops, and other network devices. The ability to create scripts that will auto-trigger when specific events emerge makes it that much more beneficial.

The ability to build custom scripting for specific issues had cut troubleshooting/repair times way down.

ConnectWise Automate review by Jesse R.
Jesse R.

"Labtech... for Windows XP?"

What do you like best?

Reliable platform. Incredibly feature rich. Very mature. LabTech is very impressive and can do just about anything you could expect of an RMM platform. Brandable Agent. Extensive knowledge base.

What do you dislike?

Not intuitive. Significant learning curve for new users. Obviously a Windows NT era platform, It felt dated Even after hours of training and some deployments, the team was still looking for support and trying to figure out how to access all of the features that were presented to us during the sales demo. It would be wise to review some of the newer platforms available before making a decision.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are other platforms available that are simpler to use, feature adequate, and cost effective. Take a look at Naverisk, Atera, and SolarWinds. Whichever platform you choose, be sure to keep a close eye on projected costs and be sure you can brand the help agent icon.

RMM I.T support for education and small business. This allows us to provide our clients with a Proactive solution, instead of a Reactive one. Also allows us to be much more responsive. Our clients are very fond of the "agent". (We refer to it as the "Help Button")

ConnectWise Automate review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Labtech - MSP use"

What do you like best?

Ever since they integrated screen connect into the application over the vnc redirector, productivity at our company has gone up. I also like how we are able to leverage screen connect as a one time use from our help portal

What do you dislike?

I dislike the tiles and new GUI they have included in the latest update when you double click on a workstation . The legacy panel provides us with concise information and is a lot snappier. The new GUI tends to lag a bit when you select your endpoint

Recommendations to others considering the product

Labtech is the best rmm tool I've used. I would suggest you spend the time and have an employee learn to script in LT. Also, if you are hosting this offsite in your colo, make sure your collocation has no issues with their services. We've been ddos'd in the past and it made the product unusable.

Labtech is very robust, it assists us with ticket creation and reporting into connectwise. It also helps us manages our patching schedules for different clients and we are able to script out changes to multiple clients on the fly. It is a great tool for any MSP to have.

ConnectWise Automate review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Great Tools for business"

What do you like best?

It is nice to have so many tools together when working with customers to resolve issues. Easy to tie records together for billing, customer contacts, scheduling and on and on.

What do you dislike?

Do not like that the direct email back to the contact is not easily readable in the tickets. Have to email as part of a time entry for the information to show in the notes thread.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Getting the proper setup and configuration for your environment will help in the long run. Do not rush to get something out but really think about what you want the tools to do for you.

Primary work with customers to resolve reported issues. Tracking of the customer trends and repetitive issues are easily identifiable through the tools

ConnectWise Automate review by User in Apparel & Fashion
User in Apparel & Fashion

"A great tool - if given the wings to fly"

What do you like best?

The ability to quickly see all of our systems across multiple locations is a tremendous advantage. Integration of ScreenConnect as a tool to remotely assist users is a daily function that has been an invaluable resource. Ability to send remote commands, including scripts and restarting of hung services, makes quick and easy work of resolving most user issues.

What do you dislike?

Massive restrictions put on us by the vendor. We have limited access to do anything other than add clients (through a script) and do some remote control of users. We can't run reports, move devices between groups, or use software patching tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to get full access to all tools. Having a vendor restrict functionality severely hampers its benefits.

Provides a central location to view and manage all of the systems in our company. Quickly allows remote control and trouble-shooting of remote systems.

ConnectWise Automate review by Keith R.
Keith R.

"Preferred Software "

What do you like best?

Being able to easily access information about systems without having to enable logging. It also alows for quick and efficient reporting to our clientele.

What do you dislike?

It's a very complex program that does require some time to get used to. It has a grand multitude of features which make it very worth it in the long run.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very reliable with constant updates and a very lively support. They are very accurate and can always be depended on.

Because it is always getting updated, it's found to be quite reliable as a RMM. It has the integrity of a matured and reliable program so it can easily be depended on and it also easily can run along side other products.

It solves the problem of inaccurate billing cycles which continually becomes a persistent issue with other products.

ConnectWise Automate review by Administrator in Computer Networking
Administrator in Computer Networking

"Great Program"

What do you like best?

This software makes it easy to automate the maintenance and alerting for all our client's systems.

What do you dislike?

Maybe too much to go over. There is a lot of research needed to make it work just how you would like

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you do the online courses available otherwise it is much harder to know the inner workings off this software

Keeping all the client's PCs up to date. It is important to make sure they all have the latest software updates and without a centralized software to monitor and update them it would be difficult to do it by contacting each client on a regular basis and getting connected to run the updates.

ConnectWise Automate review by Taylor H.
Taylor H.

"Works some of the time"

What do you like best?

The fact that you are able to remote into other systems and being able to troubleshoot remotely is extremely helpful

What do you dislike?

The fact that it doesn't work very often. More often then not a system will say it's not connected to labtech even though the icon is in the system tray.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely take a moment to review the product and see if this is the right fit for you. It does its job well in making sure you're able to remote into others desktops but my main issue is that it doesn't work all of the time which can be frustrating and frustrating to our end users we try to support.

I resolve customer issues by troubleshooting any tickets they may have and use this software remotely to assist in this process.

ConnectWise Automate review by Michael Y.
Michael Y.

"Great software - does a lot of things well"

What do you like best?

Automate (we know it as Labtech) provides a great all in one type of software to manage your client computers and servers.

What do you dislike?

There are sometimes speed problems, which isn't a huge drawback since that's expected, but a faster product definitely would be nicer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely a strong software. Takes some getting used to, but is very powerful and convenient.

The biggest benefit is going to one place to remote into a wide variety of computers.

"Best RMM tool out there"

What do you like best?

Labtech is a great RMM tool that is fully customized. If you want to take automation to the next level you can with the use of monitors and scripts for remediation pf many different types of issues.

What do you dislike?

Not many things to dislike because the company listens to its customers and gives us what we want. The only downfall of Labtech is SNMP monitoring.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Labtech is one of the Best RMM tools that I have had the pleasure of using in the MSP market. I have tried several others out there and this one is by far the best and most customizable to fit your needs.

This is our RMM tool that allows us to monitor and respond to most clients needs before they know there is an issue.With a little bit of work you can automate most of the common issues to be auto fixed so you can focus on the larger issues for your clients.

ConnectWise Automate review by User in Computer Networking
User in Computer Networking

"With Lots of Effort and Customization, Labtech can be amazing"

What do you like best?

The overall power and scripting flexibility are head-and-shoulders above the competition.

ScreenConnect bundled with each agent is a nice touch and much better than the old VNC / RDP remote control features. Being able to make changes, run scripts without bothering the currently logged in user...

What do you dislike?

maybe it's just too flexible, too powerful, but it's proven challenging to get tweaked to the level we expected it would be out of the box. I have reverted and reinstalled with the promise that it would be better, less convoluted, but wind up at the same point... The latest 2 update versions have made great strides in quieting down the noise, while still giving useful notifications.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared to spend lots of time implementing this solution. It requires careful consideration when planning alerts and notifications. If you are integrating with ConnectWise Manage, you can adjust the type of tickets generated in Manage, be sure to do that..

Managing a large number of hosts, notifying on system down / software updates, malware, etc.

ConnectWise Automate review by David B.
David B.

"Powerful Management Tool"

What do you like best?

All the information we can get for any machine at any customer.

What do you dislike?

Automate is a very slow loading program. It's not visually appealing either.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Need to fix loading speeds.

Quick access list to any machine. We use it to deploy software and updates. Use 3rd party integration to get more assistance as well.

ConnectWise Automate review by David K.
David K.

"Connectwise Automate"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. Screen Connect is a complete game-changer. Being able to deploy Automate, Webroot, and ScreenConnect automatically is amazing.

What do you dislike?

Support can be a little slow to respond if it's anything above the head of the first line support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get certified

Automation so we don't have to do the same tasks over and over again.

ConnectWise Automate review by Derek S.
Derek S.

"One of the best tools that keeps getting better"

What do you like best?

Ability to mass deploy customized scripts. Monitor extensive features of and roles of servers and workstations. Quick, reliable remote desktop connections. Automation of mundane tasks including Windows Updates and scheduled server reboots.

What do you dislike?

Inconsistent assistance from dedicated support. Upgrades often "break" well-working features with esoteric solutions. Classic software idiosyncrasies especially during re-installation of package on existing machines.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool for MSPs, highly recommend and investing in tool with dedicated in-house person for innovation.

It is truly an amazing tool for monitoring and remote desktop support. Extremely high level of customization and scalability. Extremely efficient tool and easy to deploy and manage.

ConnectWise Automate review by Martin M.
Martin M.

"The best ticketing system! "

What do you like best?

ease of access, easy to learn. keeps ticketing and inventory organized neatyl

What do you dislike?

slow loading sometimes. When reinstalling, takes a while to clear the cache to get it running again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

a little pricey but a lot of modules you can add to make your life easier!!

keep track of client issues, keep projects organized, running reports for how we are doing

Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"LabTech Software Review"

What do you like best?

The automated software patching features of this application work very well. The ability to monitor workstation and run reports on the hardware and software platforms and match those to current releases and patch levels work very well. Also the customization of the software allows you to optimize for your company and customer base.

What do you dislike?

Many of the remote support tools such as VNC and RDP work poorly. These create slow and inconsistent connections. The inventory views can also become difficult to navigate and typically require a great deal of time investment to be properly managed.

The application helps to bridge the managed service gap for maintaining support and inventory of customer resources. The remote support tools, while inconsistent, provide a medium for connecting to and supporting remote devices.

ConnectWise Automate review by Sara C.
Sara C.

"New remote option"

What do you like best?

Fast connection to the computers that we are managing

What do you dislike?

Permissions are a little squirrely and take a bit to figure out

We are moving over to the system for remote management. We run reports and patching/maintenance for many of our clients

ConnectWise Automate review by C.J. E.
C.J. E.

"The gold standard of RMM"

What do you like best?

L:abtech can do ANYTHING you can imagine, so long as you have the time to learn it. It is extremely cusotmizeable and has a very large user community.

What do you dislike?

Labtech can do ANYTHING you can imagine, so long as you have time to learn it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have the time required to properly implement the solution.

Labtech gives us toms of information on the client machines under our management. It integrates very well with ScreenConnect and several of the major AV vendors.

ConnectWise Automate review by Kevin F.
Kevin F.

"Good RMM total with decent customization and support."

What do you like best?

Labtech is becoming more and more automated. They keep improving the user experience.

What do you dislike?

You cannot simply undo your past customization. Or your past customization can break.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Plenty of integration. Plenty of support (even the 3rd party forums). Decent customization. Great network redirector tools.

This solves our 24/7 automation needs. We do not need to stay later than scheduled to get our maintenance done.

ConnectWise Automate review by Ronald S.
Ronald S.

"Great tool for managing networks"

What do you like best?

Easy single source application for network management. Does the work of multiple applications all from one interface.

What do you dislike?

Old school interface. Sometimes it can be difficult to navigate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great management tool for almost everything network related.

Network monitoring and remote access. The ability to login to any pc remotely while also monitoring multiple devices statistics.

ConnectWise Automate review by Chuck A.
Chuck A.

"Labtech works for us nicely"

What do you like best?

Labtech has excellent scripting capabilities making it wonderful for automating routine, repetitive tasks.

What do you dislike?

It's is SO powerful that the interface and approach to effective use can be complicated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared for a learning curve - we've been using LT for >5 years and we're still learning every day.

Antivirus installation

Services monitoring and restart

Login and application presence management

Server down alerting (with CDYNE)

"ConnectWise as a complete Managed Service Provider Solution"

What do you like best?

ConnectWise is very user-friendly and from client acquisition to billing, flows through from start to finish seemlessly.

What do you dislike?

It does have its limitations. Notes and alerts for clients could be improved and customization could also be improved. CW chat is sometimes not helpful.

An all-inclusive hub for Sales, Service, Procurement and Finance to be able to work together to satisfy a MGS client. Easily flows through to our accounting package (QuickBooks).

ConnectWise Automate review by Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services
Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services

"IT Managed Services company and we have used CW Manage for past 7 years"

What do you like best?

Organization; ability to get reports; dispatch view for service team

What do you dislike?

Set-up can be complex and time consuming. You need to know your business operations well going in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good solution but takes time to understand how to set it up correctly so steep initial learning curve

Service Desk metrics

Scheduling techs

Automating workflow

Billing/Invoicing

Managing Sales and marketing campaigns

Tracking Sales opportunities

Project Mgmt

ConnectWise Automate review by Matt K.
Matt K.

"Format is getting better"

What do you like best?

The ease of use - the web based format is better. Able to access from anywhere.

What do you dislike?

It's so buggy. It acts up all the time. some days it just slugs along.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It does what it says it will ddo. It needs to get more reliable.

We use this for a central ticketing system. We document client information and track service tickets.

ConnectWise Automate review by Kristian H. L.
Kristian H. L.

"Service and support automation"

What do you like best?

Powerfull automation and easy to deploy for new clients.

What do you dislike?

Not fully webbased and the Windows only client is kinda clunky.

Manamgement and monitorering of remote clients.

ConnectWise Automate review by Kimberly H.
Kimberly H.

"Great Remote Access Product"

What do you like best?

You can easily install it and gain access anywhere. It is very user friendly.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the agent doesn't always install correctly remotely.

We have many offices that we access remotely, and we can quickly solve problems without going to the offices.

ConnectWise Automate review by Sergey K.
Sergey K.

"Connectwise - MSP Gold"

What do you like best?

Connectwise ticketing and labtech integration was amazing.

What do you dislike?

A little clunky with a little too many features at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great software to allow for scripting and automation on managing client systems.

MSP sized problems for many clients with built in time tracking, ticketing, and pricing for workers with user logins, and manageability being all excellent traits of this software.

ConnectWise Automate review by Administrator in Restaurants
Administrator in Restaurants

"Great for MSP"

What do you like best?

Automation is king in this day and age. It allows us to focus on understanding our clients businesses rather than digging in the weeds of health checks.

What do you dislike?

Slow development. Would love to see support release features and updates in a quicker time frame.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make the switch...this is a great product

The ability to automate and monitor infrastructure health checks in real time is fantastic.

ConnectWise Automate review by Riccardo F.
Riccardo F.

"Product allows for automation of simpel IT tasks"

What do you like best?

This is a great product for allowing automation of simple IT tasks, like restarting a service, installing certain scripts, etc.

What do you dislike?

It can sometimes have issues and cause the CPU or memory to run hot.

This helps us from having to touch every computer, etc. It also allows us to fix things on the fly.

ConnectWise Automate review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Great RMM software for small shops"

What do you like best?

The online learning feature is excellent and ScreenConnect works seamlessly (most of the time). The data collected by the agents and fed to the server makes remote monitoring and management (almost) easy and provides an enormous amount of information at your fingertips.

What do you dislike?

Support is slow to respond and the product has many bugs. You also need to make customizations to scripts to make it fit your specific workflow. I guess this could be considered a benefit to some, but if you don't have the expertise in house, this becomes a huge challenge.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Thorough testing of the product should be done. Examone all use cases.

MSP remote monitoring and management

ConnectWise Automate review by Sandip D.
Sandip D.

"Lab tech can be most helpful to you organization "

What do you like best?

We have used lab tech for the vm and virtual desktop solution. It is very good we never encountered any problems In that and also the infrastructure they maintain is very nicely so we can't make any complaints.

What do you dislike?

The support of the things we need to do is very slow and they are not very much responsive and make the life very hard. If support is better then it's products are very good.

Are are making VMs so that we don't have to maintain our infrastructure and also network person to maintain it.

"MSP's best friend"

What do you like best?

Very robust automation tool. Expandable with multiple plugins that can make managing hundreds of devices simple.

What do you dislike?

A little difficult to learn all of ins and outs of this tool. Not out of reach, but expect to take a day or two configuring.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn all of it's capabilities, it is a monster of a tool for IT pros

This tool made PC maintenance simple. Instead of connecting to each machine to run cleanup/optimization tools, we configured Automate to handle all of that automatically. The ticket system made for excellent historical data also.

"Great Functionality!"

What do you like best?

Connectwise Automate (formerly Labtech) offers good integrations and automation.

What do you dislike?

Instead of a point/click intuitive interface, expect to pay a consultant to configure reports, scripts, etc. to achieve the desired output.

Scripted installations simplify onboarding, while 24/7 monitoring and reporting is available after installations.

ConnectWise Automate review by User in Banking
User in Banking

"Great system to keep things together"

What do you like best?

It was used for ticketing and had all the history, knowledge base that grew based on solutions determined by existing staff. Also had good customer interface for service related issues.

What do you dislike?

I thought the solution was a bit pricey and wasn't able to pass along the expense to our customer base. So the basic customer was given a different option and our Gold level customer was handled with ConnectWise.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Been a few years and I had a god experience.

It would free up staff time from routing requests and route automatically based on rules setup.

ConnectWise Automate review by Anthony A.
Anthony A.

"Great connectivity options but notifications are buggy"

What do you like best?

I love the different was of connecting to remote systems. If one doesn't work then another usually does. Ability to see running processes on systems

What do you dislike?

Notifications are very buggy. Have to constantly reboot the server to stop old or phantom notifications from hounding you.

Ability to monitor and quickly resolve problems before they are a problem that results in customer down time.

ConnectWise Automate review by Brian M.
Brian M.

"LabTech "I'm glad Indrank the Kool-Aid""

What do you like best?

Labtech is easy to customize for my business needs. Their support is very responsive and I feel it offers great value.

What do you dislike?

I wish LabTech was quicker to market with "easy" fixes. There are features that I consider Important and 2 years later they are still on a wish list.

This is our RMM tool, without it we would need 10x the number of technicians we have now.

"Connect Wise"

What do you like best?

I find this product to be created for the managed service customer in mind. I like the work flow that can put into place and the tracking and auditing of tickets.

What do you dislike?

The work flow is great but can get to be very messy at times. Changing the workflow or setup of boards after the company is up and running can be difficult without a full over haul.

We run projects out this now and use CW to create project plans instead of MS project.

"It's alright"

What do you like best?

It's an alright program to use for ticketing. It has a pretty easy sort feature.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't let you see what tickets YOU only have assigned. You have to dig through the bunch.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a good ticketing tool that has a lot of other uses as well such as a knowledge base. It doesn't let you see your own queue however so keep that in mind.

Helps keep the help-desks organized for the most part instead of just having one big jumble.

ConnectWise Automate review by Frank A. P.
Frank A. P.

"Labtech use in cloud environment."

What do you like best?

Ease of use and integration into daily support activities was a key feature.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I know that is hard to understand, but we have liked the product very much and do not see any downsides.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get this product is you are supporting a corporate network, cloud environment or any large institution.

Time savings all around. Response time increased.

ConnectWise Automate review by Asfer Bin S.
Asfer Bin S.

"Use of ConnectWise"

What do you like best?

I liked mostly the remote access and ticket system.

What do you dislike?

I disliked the portal outlook comparing to kaseya.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If pricing an issue for other serivce provider then ConnectWise maybe right product.

End user support and fixing windows server was the most work I did.

ConnectWise Automate review by User in Hospitality
User in Hospitality

"Great Product!"

What do you like best?

I love the multiple options that ConnectWise offers to allow my organization to be streamlined. We use it for remote access, patch management, software management and multiple other avenues.

What do you dislike?

Our server is currently cloud hosted with ConnectWise and this sometimes takes away from our flexibility on customization . Would be intuitive to have a one click remote access option.

Our IT department is highly efficient due to ConnectWise. We are easily able to remotely audit systems.

"Has good features"

What do you like best?

It gets the job done. Can be a bit difficult to navigate and you should look into the courses/training before diving in.

What do you dislike?

It is a application hog. It uses a lot of resources, and there are some items we would like to silently install to clients and its not possible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Possibly

Remote access / Screen connect

Remoting into users to assist them

Maintaining servers

Pushing antivirus

ConnectWise Automate review by Lee B.
Lee B.

"Most comprehensive RMM we've experienced"

What do you like best?

The emphasis is on automation and problem prevention - not just monitoring and resolution

What do you dislike?

The UI needs a LOT of work. Even the new version feels very clunky

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do it - it's better than anything else out there

We've saved an incredible amount of time by leveraging automation in our business using LabTech

ConnectWise Automate review by Alex J.
Alex J.

"Labtech is a great tool"

What do you like best?

Ease of access for connecting to users and repairing the persons computer.

What do you dislike?

The GUI makes it kind of confusing sometimes with the recent update

Being able to ship out group policies and everything through labtech makes it much easier.

ConnectWise Automate review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Great for small implementations, poor for large"

What do you like best?

Robust feature set, great query and caching abilities.

What do you dislike?

Cannot scale to large numbers (5000+) of nodes. Suffers from VNC port collisions and other items that make using it at scale a real chore.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are supporting a few hundred nodes, this will be fine. As you grow past 2000 I would look to other vendors. Support is awful, don't expect quick resolution on anything.

Allows us to support our client base remotely and actively monitor their environments.

ConnectWise Automate review by Consultant in Computer & Network Security
Consultant in Computer & Network Security

"Connectwise - OK"

What do you like best?

Templates and ticket system work well, as does the ability to set up a system for a client.

What do you dislike?

Initial company setup is complicated and several "should be easy" task seem to be excessively complex.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider other products as well. Depending on business this may or may not be a good fit.

It does do a good job of integrating sales, procurement and technical activites.

"Connectwise Automate"

What do you like best?

Extremely powerful platform with ability to set and forget once configured

What do you dislike?

Configuration is difficult - migration from existing platform has been complicated

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend as much time as possible planning before implementation

Monitoring/Alerting for MSP

Gained granular data insight into endpoints and ability to automate based on alerts

ConnectWise Automate review by Administrator in Accounting
Administrator in Accounting

"Good experience, great support"

What do you like best?

The software is easy to install, intuitive to configure, flexible, and the company provides excellent support. A lot of customization is readily available.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike but I was not involved in the price.

Immediate issue notifications, good reporting, much improved tracking and trending.

"Great monitor for MSPs"

What do you like best?

Let's us manage our customer systems and remote control systems

What do you dislike?

Training is not the best and is complicated to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Request training package when purchasing as a requirement.

Being able to track our systems and provide remote support. Cost savings on dispatching technician to site.

"Reach out and touch someone."

What do you like best?

Makes access to remote systems a breeze.

What do you dislike?

some times the server doesn't report things back correctly or you have to force a refresh

We are able to work remotly with our 30 plus clients with out having to go on site.

"Great future product."

What do you like best?

Very robust. Can do almost anything you need.

What do you dislike?

Company is very disjointed. I expect they will either correct issues, or merge.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Confirm that its not overkill for what you need.

Helps with our internal helpdesk.

"The defacto standard in RMM for MSPs"

What do you like best?

It does everything from scripts, patches, remote control, chat.

What do you dislike?

The interface is a little dated and looks like it did the day Matt rolled it out years ago.

Day to day management of client IT.

"ConnectWise"

What do you like best?

Unlimited options for usage. Can spend endless hours tweaking and modifying the setup.

What do you dislike?

The complicatedness and usability of the software. Some elements run slow.

Tracking progress on work being done.

"ConnectWise Automate / LabTech review"

What do you like best?

Single pane to manage all devices. Takes less techs to manage all of our clients PC's and servers.

What do you dislike?

Coming soon features, typically aren't even close to "soon"

Manage more with less

"Great product"

What do you like best?

Labtech is a good, full featured product with live and email support

What do you dislike?

The support could be better and often times takes too long to get a proper response

Hardware and network management

"ConnectWise is great"

What do you like best?

Time tracking and billing has become so much easier.

What do you dislike?

nothing, we have enjoyed the program and benefits

time tracking

Learn more about ConnectWise Automate

ConnectWise Automate Videos

Learning about ConnectWise Automate?

* We monitor all ConnectWise Automate reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.