Do you work for ConnectWise Control?

ConnectWise Control Reviews

1-50 of 378 total ConnectWise Control reviews

ConnectWise Control Reviews

1-50 of 378 total ConnectWise Control reviews
ConnectWise Control review by Shiraz S.
IT & IM Consultant
Most Recent ConnectWise Control Video Review

"Screen Connect - Connect Wise"

ConnectWise Control review by Eduardo F.
Udemy student
(Myself Only)

"control remoto sobre los equipos"

What do you like best?

es una herramienta para tener control remoto en los equipos pc o servidores que tengas agregado a tu cuenta, es una herramienta super sencilla y facil de usar e instalar, tiene muchas caracteristicas y ademas soy muy buenas, me gusta mucho que es una herramienta sumamente ligera, el controlremoto es muy fluido, tiene opciones a la cual podemos optimizar aun mas esta fluidez cambiando a blanco y negro la pantalla, me gusta mucho tambien la forma en que comparte archivos y recibe, es muy rapida.

What do you dislike?

no tengo un disguto por esta herramienta, es completamente completa y me ha ayudado mucho a tenerme comunicado con mis clientes y tenerlo sastifechos con mi soporte

Recommendations to others considering the product

recomiendo esta herramienta, es muy fluida, no tiene un costo muy caro y es muy facil de usar, les permitira tener un buen control sobre los equipos que agregue a su red. ocompletamente recomendado.

esta herramienta la uso como solucion en la cual puedo conectarme a los equipos de mis clientes personales y tambien con los de la empresa, me ayuda a darle un buen y mejor soporte de calidad, permitiendome mantenerme comunicado con ellos por una ventana de chat que estos tienes y ademas tambien tiene la opcion de comunicacion por voz, como si estuviera en una llamada, son muy buenas las opciones que este nos ofrece

ConnectWise Control review by Joseph M.
Technical Manager

"One of the best Remote Control Solution for a MSP"

What do you like best?

As a MSP ConnectWise Control allow us to take control of any of our custumers endpoints, with zero complication, giving us a powerful tool to help any user in the most criticals and not so criticals times.

With a agent thats have a very small footprint the deployment is very nice and smooth, just too easy to belived it.

With ConnectWise Control we are able to audit every single connections our engineers do, and thats something that give tranquility to our customers, because they know that behind their it infractructure, theres agroup of professionals that keep they data safe.

We can restrict access to any endpoint to a specific group of people and we can also give access to people that dont belong to the organization with the hot passes, thats is a plus that i just love, because a external consultant can connect and do any task without even even get a vpn user, and for a limited period of time.

What do you dislike?

The admin console need to improve, i thing they can make adjusment, because is pretty ugly.

Sometimes the connection turn pretty slow.

Sometimes the agent gets corruct and give some troubles to reinstall.

In some cases the service stop with not reason.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try the solutions you won't regret it.

With Connectwise Control we are able to give a quality support at affordable price to our customers.

ConnectWise Control review by Ernie C.

"ConnectWise Control the Wise way to support your customers"

What do you like best?

The fact that it works 98% of the time on virtually any OS from Windows to MAC to Linux. I can also connect with almost any browser, not sure about IE these days but Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and even Opera all work without issue. I also love the renewal cost which is ridiculously small for my 10 concurrent license. Upgrades are less than 5 minutes and frequent.

What do you dislike?

They started using an appstore of sorts in the management interface. It is sometimes unclear if it works with your version or if it is a stale entry for an older version or if the functionality is now part of the base.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can't truly answer the "Quality of Support" question because I think I only used it maybe once if ever. The fact that I don't have to use it is a testament to the quality of the product. I set it up by myself several years ago when it was Screen Connect. Connect Wise bought it out and has maintained the support and improved on the features/functionality which was hurting but some of the new stuff has been appreciated. We debated heavily the multiple products on the market and to be honest when looking at how affordable it is we almost opted against it but after trialing it we were sold. The price is truly great and being able to use for unattended remote support without additional licensing costs makes it that much better.

Easy to get customers connected for remote support. We tell them the website, they go to it and click "Start a new session" and within a minute you are connected. A lot of our support is more of a courtesy than anything as we are an ISP. We do some remote support to help them with email or web based issues that are usually not our problem but we push the "hometown" service which we are and this helps as you won't get this type of service from other ISPs.

ConnectWise Control review by Brian C.
Senior IT Manager

"Works great for supporting internal and external employees"

What do you like best?

Makes it easy to connect to employees especially telecommuters when they need help.

Love the central toolbox to keep common software tools, drivers, etc stored and available on each client.

Built in chat window instead of having to use a separate chat client.

What do you dislike?

Screen resize especially on remote systems running multiple displays.

Would be nice if the local chat window could be placed outside the remote/client window.

Not their problem but really hoping for an improvement in the remote iOS control instead of view only.

We use iPod devices for our warehouse scanners and would like to have unattended remote functionality on them to manually approve updates, etc after hours and to diagnose problems where the user is experiencing them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great remote admin and support tool accessible on the cloud so it works for remote systems as well as the ones on your local network. Get quick view of connected clients and thumbnail screenshot of their machine to verify connection.

Faster end user support and facilitates after hours manual updates/upgrades by remote.

Response from Jenny Griesdorn of ConnectWise Control

Hi Brian, thank you for leaving your honest feedback on ConnectWise Control. You can actually be able to doc the chat window, here's documentation for how to do so: https://bit.ly/2QZCOkh We appreciate your partnership with us!

ConnectWise Control review by Teresa d.

"Excellent No Headache No Advertisement Remote Administration Service"

What do you like best?

ConnectWise Control offers users the ability to remotely control a number of computers with an organized naming itemization and remote start up. The audio allows me to hear the client's computer and communicate with them as needed throughout the remote administration process and guide them through what I am doing.

What do you dislike?

The microphone and speakers do not always allow two directional communications though without upgrading to a more expensive service. So, I must to choose to either hear the client's remote computer or to be able to speak with them. It appears I can not do both without paying more for my subscription.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Call technical support to receive any assistance and guidance with the product as their Customer Support is excellent and is why I purchased the product.

ConnectWise Control allows me to offer remote diagnostic health care services to consumers and clients worldwide by shipping them a laptop and EEG hardware then arranging times to hold our sessions. It brings advanced health care services to remote communities which may lack the skilled professionals.

Response from Jenny Griesdorn of ConnectWise Control

Hi Teresa, thank you so much for your positive review on ConnectWise Control. I have passed your feedback onto the product team to spark future ideas. We appreciate your partnership with us!

ConnectWise Control review by Scott P.

"Intuitive and Powerful"

What do you like best?

The user interface is very simple and easy to navigate. Using the tools on the website session lists and the remote access sessions are both intuitive and well designed. I love the system info it collects from the remote machines. The user/guest timeline gives you a great way to keep track of how long you have been helping a customer. Updating the client software on remote access machines is easy to do.

What do you dislike?

The administration side of the product is overly complicated. Editing many of the settings requires manually entering a lot of background code. The security settings, while very granular, are equally daunting to setup. There are not enough GUI methods available to bypass doing the initial settings.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out the trial first to see if it meets your needs. Definitely go through the administration side of the product, because it has a very steep learning curve.

It allows us to offer our services to our current and potential customers without having to be on location.

Response from Jenny Griesdorn of ConnectWise Control

Hi Scott, thank you for your review on ConnectWise Control. We passed your feedback on to the product team to spark future ideas. We hope to continue building a stronger partnership with you!

ConnectWise Control review by Jason S.
Executive Director / Digital Architect
Market Research

"The ultimate assistance tool"

What do you like best?

The ability to drag-drop files directly to or from a session to your local machine make it extremely quick and easy to use, and was a key purchasing feature.

The cloud based option is extremely fast, with geo-location options for the nearest cloud location.

Unlike other similar solutions (which we used to own) you don't get ripped off with upgrade costs every time a new version comes out (which we did).

The huge amount of customisation is of great benefit as it allows us to brand the product to prevent customers feeling uncomfortable that it's a third-party product that may compromise their security.

The system also allows remote management of Android devices, which we use to work on tablets at some customers.

What do you dislike?

A peer-peer option would be nice for performance to local machines, but that's a minor thing.

The Android remote client can have issues synchronising the mouse pointer to the screen, but at least we can walk users through working on the device in real-time.

Other than that we haven't experienced any issues or found anything that makes us consider any other option.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider the cloud version over self-hosted. It works out to be very cost-effective, and is very fast

We have instant access to every supported remote machine, both internal and with customers.

It allows us to chat to a customer on the phone, then assist them seamlessly.

ConnectWise Control review by Ethan B.
Owner

"Invaluable Tool for Remote Support, Monitoring and Maintenance"

What do you like best?

There are a number of positive and useful features of Connectwise Control. The ability to host the software in-house is my top feature. My clients were concerned with software hosted in the cloud. The second option would be the customization/modularization of the software.

What do you dislike?

The push to use a cloud-hosted environment. The fact some of their extensions are only for environments hosted on their servers leaves a bit to be desired for those of us that are self-hosted customers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Download the trial and be sure to review all aspects of the software. I've tried other software applications on the market and their cross platform is top of the line. This is one of the few tools that is utilized on a daily basis.

The ability to see what a client sees on their screen during troubleshooting is invaluable. With the same software we can offer support sessions, hold meetings and even utilize unattended access for servers.

Response from Jenny Griesdorn of ConnectWise Control

Hi Ethan, thank you for your positive review on ConnectWise Control. We appreciate your feedback and we hope to continue building a strong partnership with us.

ConnectWise Control review by Scott B.
IT Manager

"ConnectWise Control is great."

What do you like best?

Its speed while connected is great, very little if any lag. It is easy to use both for support and remote access. Gives you both tools, one for Support of customer PCs and Servers, as well as one for on demand support of end users. Very affordable.

What do you dislike?

Interface organization is a little difficult to get used to. Groups are not easy to setup. But it is functional

Recommendations to others considering the product

Well worth the investment. Product works great for connecting to desktops of both PCs and servers.

We are easily able to connect to customers desktops and servers to provide support and diagnose issues. It saves us time and money by limiting the number of times we have to go onsite to solve a simple issue. It has also improved our time needed to solve issues for our customers.

ConnectWise Control review by Chris A.

"Last known ScreenConnect"

What do you like best?

There are so many good features in this product to like. If I had to choose it would have to be unattended access. I can monitor and troubleshoot customers computers without having to walk them through connecting to the software.

What do you dislike?

This is probably an unfair review because we are still on the last, purchase once, self-hosted version.

There will be no updates to this version so we live with all its quirks. The hardest is that when we remote to a Windows 10 box we have to blank their screen for us to see and control it. I am sure this was fixed in newer versions but we are not going to upgrade to a subscription.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out. I think you will like it.

Being able to see the customers screen when troubleshooting a computer issue over the phone vastly improves the time to resolve an issue.

Response from Jenny Griesdorn of ConnectWise Control

Hi Chris, thank you for your review on ConnectWise Control. It is recommended to update to the latest dot release, and alot of the issues you've been experiencing have been resolved in newer versions. We hope to continue to build a strong partnership with you!

ConnectWise Control review by James B.
Systems Engineer

"Using ScreenConnect for 4 years"

What do you like best?

I like and frequently use ScreenConnect to provide remote support to contract IT customers. It provides a fast and easy way to provide the most effective support without being on-site. The ability to have an easy interface to instantly use a persistent remote support connection to provide quality support to our contract IT customers is the most use feature. Also providing a secure remote desktop connection for on-call employees is a huge time-savings.

What do you dislike?

I really have a difficult time coming up with something I dislike. I believe any issue we have ever had with ScreenConnect is directly related to our implementation, and not with the functionality of the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend at least giving it a try. I'm sure after using it and getting it set up, you will find yourself keeping a tab open in Chrome for instant access.

We use ScreenConnect for providing remote support to contract IT customers, as well as providing remote desktop access from home for employees on call. It is a quick and easy connection for both scenarios and the contract IT customers love the fact that we can quickly and easily jump on their desktop and provide instant assistance.

ConnectWise Control review by Robert B.

"The most comprehensive remote desktop support software for IT professionals. "

What do you like best?

Self-hosted Service, constantly providing updates and revisions to latest version. Competitive with other market vendors. Also, the fact that I can white label the product is very valuable. I enjoy the self hosted license, it gives me the luxury to host it in the cloud, on prem, or and location I please. I also enjoy the self installer agent the users can deploy on their own. very slick and easy.

What do you dislike?

Lack of support for mobile phones. Also, the fact that the remote agent gets blocked by many Antivirus vendors is an issue(upon install specifically). I've always fond it difficult to uninstall the agent from apple computers. An Uninstaller needs to be produced or provided. I would like to see additional third party integration within the software. That would be the cherry on top.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I love the product, I wouldn't change for any other vendor, regardless of price. The constant support and revision updates is the best. Also, the fact that you can white label the product. Awesome.

The ability to immediately remote into a client's computer and the convenience of a click is priceless. The fact that I'm saving money for the client and my time is a win win. I enjoy the fact that clients can now contact me through messenger regarding and IT issues is very convenient. Also, the fact that I can remote command scripts and run them in the background of client computers is very valuable.

ConnectWise Control review by Joshua P.
National Sales Manager
Telecommunications

"Probably the best solution out there."

What do you like best?

Ease and speed of connecting to a remote PC.

What do you dislike?

When using the meeting option, there is no option for a call in number for folks on the road. So everyone has to be connected from a PC. This means that I still need my GotoMeeting for most meetings.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the free trial and see for yourself if it fits your needs. If you support users that have AD restrictions then this is probably your best bet. I don't think I've found a single client that we could not support so far which is WAY better than our experience with Teamviewer and having to have them download and install an executable. This loads through the browser, has less latency issues and support file transfer too, which was a hassle with a few other options we tried. I also use this to connect to my work computer when I am on the road. I can now use my tablet when travelling instead of having to lug my 15" laptop through the country. There have been times where I've forgotten I was connected through the ConnectWise since the speed and clarity was so high. Give it a shot with the free trial, there's no reason not to.

We connect to customer PC's to troubleshoot connectivity to our equipment and this has proven to be more cost effective and easier to use than the other solutions we have tried.

ConnectWise Control review by Eric M.

"Quick, Inexpensive, and Easy"

What do you like best?

For the same cost as 1 user with Log-Me-In, we can now have 3 simultaneous users able to support our employees, and have as many logins as needed. The custom login pages specific to our company makes it easy as well for our employees to know they're accessing one of our pages, and not one belonging to a scam website. The application running from the web makes it very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Access to UAC is a little confusing at first. LogMeInRescue would prompt for admin credentials on connecting. I'd love being able to access this from a Chromebook as well, but the windows-based access works fine for now. Further documentation and clarification would be useful for the scripts and commands.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to make use of the Two-factor authentication available!

Support for remote employees with a custom portal that makes it much easier to ensure they're visiting a safe website. We have a large number of remote employees, and easy support is crucial for us to be able to make sure they can work on a daily basis, whether configuring softphones or assisting with installation of remote software or even remote hardware. I like that ConnectWise Control is more resilient to use than LogMeIn was as well, and connects much faster than LogMeIn did when we still used it. Having everyone on my team able to use it at once makes a big impact in how quickly we can resolve issues as well.

ConnectWise Control review by Tailor M.
Project Manager

"Uncomplicated, highly compatible remote support software"

What do you like best?

ConnectWise Control (fka ScreenConnect) is reliable, user friendly, and intuitive.

There are not too many features crammed in, and the features that are included are rock solid.

One example of a feature we've come to rely on is the Shared Toolbox - a folder full of applications that can be one-click transferred and ran on the client machine.

What do you dislike?

We have a dozen techs using ConnectWise Control all day, and I have not heard an consistent complaints. Every once in a while there are issues relating to multiple displays with differing DPIs or resolutions, and sometimes the system doesn't visibly indicate when a connected session has sent a message.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I do not have much I'd recommend for those choosing between ConnectWise control and another app. One of the strengths is the integration with the other ConnectWise apps (ConnectWise Manage and ConnectWise Automate -- which used to be LabTech), but that isn't to say ConnectWise Control won't stand on its own: quite the opposite, it might be the strongest single product out of the ConnectWise Business Suite.

We're a cloud services provider, and as such connecting to remote machines is a daily occurrence. We've used another major solution in the past, and ConnectWise Control is faster and more reliable (cheaper too, to boot). We also use the integration with ConnectWise Automate (formerly LabTech). That integration is really slick.

Response from Jenny Griesdorn of ConnectWise Control

Hi Tailor, thanks for your positive review on ConnectWise Control!

ConnectWise Control review by Jonathan M.

"Simple yet powerful"

What do you like best?

It just works. Simple interface, off-site hosted, software toolbox for installers, reversible screen share, blank user screen, acquire wake lock, multiple monitor support is fantastic, simple drag and drop for file transfers, chat and annotations to help work with users that might not be on a phone call with me, can change quality of session to help with users that have poor connection quality. With the app I have been able to help users from my phone or tablet with out the need to get my laptop. The ability to personalize the sign in with company info and logos to add a bit of professionalism to the experience.

What do you dislike?

No way yet to my knowledge to remote in with phone / tablet users and see everything instead of just the limited app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a to go beyond a VNC remote tool to support your business, this is the best product I have used to date. Wows the boss and the users. Price is also very reasonable for a SMB.

I am able to remote in with users which is awesome since I have multiple job sites and offices to support. My HR and Accounting departments are able to help users by viewing their screen with them to better support their sign in issues.

Response from Jenny Griesdorn of ConnectWise Control

Hi Jonathan, thanks for your feedback! We're glad to hear that ConnectWise Control is working well for you. To clarify, you are able to remote into a phone and tablet. We are working on improving mobile functionality that is coming very soon!

ConnectWise Control review by Bradley B.
Product Manager

"Economical and Feature Packed"

What do you like best?

We can record all of our sessions and are slowly forming an internal training library for our own staff based on actual support/training sessions.

Our clients are able to easily and quickly connect using any device, Mac or PC (even Linux and mobile!).

Occasionally we need to do multi-site sessions and ConnectWise Control is able to handle this also with ease.

What do you dislike?

The admin area could do with a good modern UI update. It's not intuitive where you need to do things, like adding a new user.

The admin area is the only place I have any issues with ConenctWise Control, and that area is big enough.

Our customer service department uses ConnectWise Control on a daily basis to connect to and assist our clients with using our web application, install and support accounting package integrations as well as general IT support in regards to our platform. Majority of our clients are tradespersons or users with little to no IT ability

Response from Jenny Griesdorn of ConnectWise Control

Hi Bradley, thanks for your feedback! I have passed your feedback on the admin area to our team to see how we can make the UI more intuitive.

ConnectWise Control review by Krista T.
Operations Manager
Telecommunications

"Our Favorite CW Product"

What do you like best?

My technicians are amazed at how easy it is to use. It has saved us a dozen or more on-site service calls for minor and user error issues.

What do you dislike?

As the admin for setting it up, I have found it a little cumbersome to customize. I would like a little more user-friendly way to update logos and colors. I'm not an IT professional or a web-developer and I have found the customization to be more than I understand, so I haven't done that yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Review whatever implementation & support documentation gets emailed to you carefully. There's not a TON of online support for the product through University. Which as a CW Manage user is where i initially spent my time looking for support.

The majority of the sessions we have used Control on are training and software installation for a specific item we sell. It's been very instrumental in helping our trainer work from their desk and makes us look good we can do these things remotely.

ConnectWise Control review by Brett D.
IT Systems Support/Engineer
Computer Networking

"Invaluable"

What do you like best?

The fact that I am not tied to my internal network when the need to connect to a remote resource arises. I can use any internet connection to access my secure remote resources from the field when after hours or off site calls come in. I also appreciate the fact that this product is not tied to a single operating system. Further, the ability to move file to the remote device and vice versa is incredibly helpful.

What do you dislike?

There is more lag than I think there should be when connecting to high speed resources.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you consider your needs carefully before deciding on your subscription type. Read the details and you will be fine.

I can access all of my resources, desktop and server alike, to troubleshoot problems or to simply assist an end user when they need help. I have full access to the entire remote machine so I can troubleshoot the same as if I was hands-on.

ConnectWise Control review by Jon B.

"ConnectWise Control review"

What do you like best?

We have ConnectWise Control deployed to over 100 of our client's servers/workstations to allow us easy unattended access to them. The connections are usually decent (depends on client bandwidth) and file transfers are easy. The toolbox feature is by far the best, giving me (IT Consultant) the ability to deploy/copy commonly used applications/tools/installers immediately.

What do you dislike?

There are times where the connection will be created successfully, but I'm only able to see a black screen. No cursor displays on the screen, but the client (end-user) can see the mouse move around. Doesn't matter if connection is established via IE, Chrome, FIrefox, etc. Just a bug and I haven't regularly run across it.

We've been eliminating Remote Desktop for access to servers since we have seen an uptick in dictionary hack attempts against RDP ports on servers (some successful). Using ConnectWise Control, we've been able to close off RDP ports and just use this access for direct remote connections.

Response from Jenny Griesdorn of ConnectWise Control

Hi Chad, thanks for your review! It's great to hear that Control has been working well for you. As for the issues with the blank screen, we wrote a bulltein about the blank screens, and the likely cause of the issue - https://docs.connectwise.com/ConnectWise_Control_Documentation/Technical_support_bulletins/Black_or_garbled_screen_when_connecting_to_Ubuntu

Please send any major incidents to support if there are any major issues with the screen.

ConnectWise Control review by Scott G.
Network Engineer

"ConnectWise Control puts us in Control"

What do you like best?

In an organization with hundreds of work stations and numerous building locations, ConnectWise Control allows for our limited staff to support multiple locations without the constant need to leave their desk. Fast and efficient remote control of employee workstations!

What do you dislike?

ConnectWise Control works well when remote controlling Windows computers, and Macs, but with the ever growing move to Chrome Devices, I wish ConnectWise would focus on this area. We may be faced with choosing another option as we continue to move more toward Chromebooks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ConnectWise Control is a great product, but their progress in keeping up with the industry seems stagnant. Chromebooks??

With ConnectWise, our SLAs are easily met and exceeded due to the efficiency of remote control. This allows our staffing to remain low while supporting many clients.

Response from Jenny Griesdorn of ConnectWise Control

Hi Scott, thank you for your feedback on ConnectWise Control. Our newest release just improved ChromeOS capabilities, but are still in the process of going through fixes for the new functionality. We hope you continue to use Control in the near future!

ConnectWise Control review by Philip R.

"Reliable, easy to use. Professional look and feel on the portal for new "support" users"

What do you like best?

"Support" for remote PC's works really nice with the custom URL and 4 digit code. "Access " has never failed me. I really like that I can have unlimited number of machines. That was the primary reason I switched. Light weight client is nice. Really beats having to setup a VPN and Remote desktop.

What do you dislike?

Organizational units are a little difficult to use to full extent, eg regex not intuitive. Would like branding to be a little easier to change. Color scheme, etc.. I've never used the meeting feature. I don't like that it doesn't work well with Matrox video cards - this has bit me pretty badly in the past since some of our servers use Matrox graphics video cards. Forcing downgrade of video drivers to "Microsoft VGA" seems like a hack. Would like the cloud version to be tied into our Office 365 domain so that user management and credentials could sync. I assume that sort of integration is only applicable to on-site version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't use matrox graphics cards

Remote support for end users on a factory floor (Industrial PC's, HMI's), remote server management, remote control of PC's for work, home and church. Live preview is nice to check if a program is done, or dialog is up without having to open a full session. Mobile app is OK, slow, but has saved me a on a few occasions.

ConnectWise Control review by Jason L.
IT Operations Manager

"Outstanding Remote Support Tool"

What do you like best?

Easy to deploy with excellent features like the shared toolbox, reboot and reconnect to safe mode, drag and drop file transfer and screen recording to name a few.

What do you dislike?

Creating and managing groups of clients could be more streamlined. It would be great if we could connect this to our ConnectWise Manage companies and launch access from within ConnectWise Manage. I would also like to be able to connect to our ConnectWise Automate clients as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Without a doubt the best remote support tool available on the market today. You should absolutely trial this product and there is no doubt you will make the very easy to implement switch over to this new platform. The onboarding assistance provided will ensure that you are up and running with little to no delay. I think my system was ready to deploy in under 15 minutes and after a very short training our whole team was using this on a daily basis.

It makes getting connected so much easier and allows us to respond quickly to client trouble tickets without dancing around walking them through how to get us connected over and over again.

Response from Jenny Griesdorn of ConnectWise Control

Hi Jason, thanks for your feedback! On managing groups of clients, we actually just launched a new extension that auto sort group clients. You can view the extension in our internal forum to learn more.

ConnectWise Control review by Brian T.

"Feature-rich, highly customizable, and simply works"

What do you like best?

The ability to run on-premise without ongoing fees and customize the client installer.

What do you dislike?

Not much I can say that I dislike. Had to pay for upgrade to newer version when Windows 10 released the Anniversary update, but that was more a matter of timing on my part (free upgrade period ran out shortly before Windows 10 update).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to review documentation to better customize client install options (default no remote control on connect to prevent accidental mouse moves when only requiring screen viewing, for instance) and branding (installer splash, taskbar icon, application menus available to client).

Mainly used to remotely view and control customer computers to provide support. Occasionally use to remotely control local office computers when Windows RDP is not an option.

Response from Jenny Griesdorn of ConnectWise Control

Thank you for your positive review on ConnectWise Control Brian!

ConnectWise Control review by Victoria  M.
Ingeniero en Informatica

"Una potente solucion para control remoto de equipos"

What do you like best?

Cuando hablamos de control remoto de equipos automaticamente se nos vienen a la mente aplicaciones tradicionales como TeamViewer o Skype for Business que son de las mas usadas pero hoy quiero hablarles de una que me ha resultado muy bien y me gusta muchisimo, se trata de ConnectWise Control, esta herramienta me gusta en primer lugar porque es sumamente sencilla de utilizar, ademas no solo funciona para control remoto sino tambien para compartir archivos, y lo mejor es que se administra de manera centralizada a traves de una consola en la cual podras ver todos los equipos de tus clientes y podras acceder a estos con solo un click

What do you dislike?

Debo confesar que esta herramienta me gusta tanto que no tengo ninguna queja al respecto, todo lo contrario, me parece que la herramienta funciona a la perfeccion y una de sus grandes ventajas radica en la integracion que puede tener con otras 2 herramientas fabricadas por la misma empresa ConnectWise, tales como ConnectWise Manage y ConnectWise Automate, estas 3 herramientas juntas trabajan de manera armoniosa y se potencian entre si, por ejemplo al tratar de ingresar a un equipo desde ConnectWise Automate, es donde entra en juego ConnectWise Control.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Prueben ConnectWise Control y evaluen que tal les puede llegar a resultar

A nivel corporativo ConnectWise Control puede ofrecer un sin fin de soluciones a las empresas, desde compartir archivos, pasando por el hecho de tomar control remoto de equipos y concluyendo con el hecho de que se pueden ejecutar comandos de CMD a traves de su consola, en fin es una excelente solucion para brindar soporte tecnico de manera remota

ConnectWise Control review by William D.
Manager
Computer Hardware

"Great Product at a Great Price"

What do you like best?

Connectwise seems seamless so far, we use it to manage a lot of our business, The company seems to be customer driven and not Money driven like some of the remote assist companies we have used in the past

What do you dislike?

The customisation of the back end can be a bit difficult to follow or understand. haven't found a way to stop it installing all my local printers on a clients machine yet

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definetly worth a trial, Manage multiple Customers in nice neat groups, Can deploy as well as offer one time remote support

We use it to monitor and assist customers whether it be in repair or in tuition. means we can help wit hall the small problems in a quick cost effective way

ConnectWise Control review by Ramon T.
Systems engineer

" Remote support and file transfer with ConnectWise Control"

What do you like best?

When we talk about technical support we must always bear in mind that at some point we are going to need a tool that allows us to take remote control of a computer, to be able to give support at a distance, today I want to talk to you about one of those tools, it is called ConnectWise Control which for me it is one of the most complete of its kind, as it not only allows you to take remote control of a computer but also allows the transfer of files between one computer and another, additional has a chat room to interact duarante the process of remote connection, the tool is very powerful and friendly interface, easy to use for any user

What do you dislike?

As for what I dislike, there is nothing that I can complain about in relation to ConnectWise Control since its connections are in real time and without any type of delay, besides this tool allows you to adjust the resolution of the screen in the computer of the that you have control in order to lighten the traffic in the connection and that it goes a little faster, as I mentioned before to my liking this is the best tool of its kind, therefore I have no complaint about it, quite the contrary I'm fascinated with this wonderful tool

Recommendations to others considering the product

My recommendation regarding ConnectWise Control is to implement it without fear and you will see that for remote control and remote support no tool like this

In terms of business solutions resolved with ConnectWise Control we have many initiating what is the technical support at a distance, thanks to the fact that it allows to take remote control of the equipment of your network, also it is necessary to mention that the tool is very simple to deploy, besides in its conzola exists a chat room that allows the interaction with users during its connection, and a command window through which we can send CMD commands to the computers of our network without having to take remote control of these, without counting the perfect and harmonious integration that has with 2 powerful tools of the same house as are ConnectWise Manage and ConnectWise Automate, which facilitates the work of technical support to any analyst in any corporation

ConnectWise Control review by Scott E.
Technical Support Engineer

"A solid, feature rich, remote support utility."

What do you like best?

I've been using Conneectwise control for about 4 years now. We have a standalone server at my workplace, we have it integrated with our ConnectWise Manager (LabTech) server, and I use the free tier to support freinds and family.

What do you dislike?

I use ConnectWise Control at my full-time job and it is full featured.

At home and in my small business endeavors I don't have enough of an income to justify the paid license.

The free version is nice but I miss some of the more advanced features.

As soon as I have enough income to pay for it I will be upgrading to the paid version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It takes a little getting used to and there are some features that are not immediately obvious.

For instance, you can push the contents of your local clipboard to a remote computer as keystrokes. This feature works on windows login screens.

This makes using long randomly generated high entropy passwords for server admin accounts very achievable.

It's the most reliable cross-platform remote support utility I've used to date.

ConnectWise Control review by Carlos M.
Senior University Technician in Informatics

"Experience with ConnectWise Control"

What do you like best?

What I like about ConnectWise Control is how easy it is to manage remote connections with friends or clients, it is a very complete tool in terms of connections, and it allows us a lot more options such as share files, a chat room, and execute remote CMD commands on a client's computer from its main console (Connectwise control) also has an excellent integration with other tools such as ConnectWise Manage and ConnectWise Automate, these 3 tools work in perfect harmony and allow facilitating what is the technical support to the organi

What do you dislike?

The reality is that when talking about ConnectWise Control there is little that can displease, since they have all their weaknesses well covered, for example when we connect to a computer remotely through this tool and we see that the connection has a lot of latency. lower the resolution to low or medium and you will see how the connection flows more optimally, a small detail that if it happens on occasions is that when a CMD command is sent through the console on occasions these are not executed correctly and the tool it says that if they were executed, I think they should correct this little flaw to be able to say that the tool is perfect

Recommendations to others considering the product

Who can implement this tool with the full confidence that it will help them in their technical support tasks and see how the work flows in a more optimal and efficient way, since it is too complete and adjusts to the needs of any organization

With connectwise control we can solve problems that require remote technical support, since it allows us to establish remote connections between the analyst and the user that generated the security request, to perform remote installations, to share files with clients, and also to record sessions of connection in video which help us to document future procedures, in addition to clarifying and clearing doubts from our clients through the chat room integrated in the tool

ConnectWise Control review by Elijah H.
Implementation Engineer and Support L1

"Anytime, anywhere access lets you remotely control devices"

What do you like best?

They working confidently despite ever-present cyberthreats. With out-of-the-box functionality like AES-256 encryption and two-factor authentication, you can rest assured that your remote access is guarded by world-class security features that scale with your needs.

The simplicity and effective way in which the ScreenConnect console is administered is that I do not have any other.

We take all our customers through this powerful tool and with just one click we can be connected remotely.

Allow Build for new pc and adjust it with name and specific client, download a type of installer for different operating systems and transfer them via email or "Copy and paste"

What do you dislike?

This utility has allowed to improve the performance at work.

But still I think it is necessary to add the call or video call function with the client computer. It is very uncomfortable to consult the user only by chat. The most efficient way is to be able to ask and detail the problem while the person indicates it.

That is my only observation. Of the rest, sincerely it is very useful

Recommendations to others considering the product

ScreenConnect is the best tool I have used for administration and remote control in teams. I give complete faith that it is useful, simple and practical.

I recommend it

In the screenshot you can see that we manage several companies, including GFX in which I work.

Additional in the lower left corner is my username for ScreenConnect Control.

In view of the above, we are always solving the problems of the users through ScreenConnect Control.

Incidents in servers, work stations I can finish

ConnectWise Control review by Administrator

"Excellent remote support product"

What do you like best?

ConnectWise makes it easy for my company to support my many customers and clients remotely. Connecting to workstations and servers is easy and in most cases seamless. Providing one-time remote support for customers who I have not worked with in the past is easily accomplished via a simple web portal. I also love the fact that I do not need to host this product locally on any internal server infrastructure. ConnectWise hosts the product for me, and this results in superior uptime and reliability - very important qualities as far as I am concerned.

What do you dislike?

Really there is nothing to dislike about this product in my opinion. Any issues that we experience with it are typically caused by the client side and not by ConnectWise.

I am utilizing ConnectWise Control to provide remote support to my worldwide clients. This allows me to solve customer issues without the need to send personnel onsite. I can connect to a user's workstation anywhere in the world, and have them demonstrate the issue that they are experiencing for me. I can also use ConnectWise to connect to my servers at remote sites and perform remote administration. This eliminates the need for me to leave an insecure method of connectivity, such as Microsoft Remote Desktop (RDP) open for remote access. I am also using the product to in some ways monitor customer equipment at remote sites for network and internet connectivity.

ConnectWise Control review by Shawn B.
IT Project Manager
Computer Networking

"Control that you can 'really' work with."

What do you like best?

The User Interface and usability are excellent.

Providing access to end-users is fairly easy compared to other products that we've used in the past.

The cost of the software is better than most of the competitors.

We like the fact that ConnectwiseControl (ScreenConnect) is part of the larger Connectwise arsenal of products and we have ONE Vendor's throat to choke if the need arises.

What do you dislike?

The screen transfer speeds seem slower than LogMeIn.

Also it seems that Screenconnect freezes much more than LogMeIn and transfer between client and our desktop is slow. Not sure if its because of the version of software we have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Haven't had an opportunity to support multiple users at the same time, but that would be a good thing to completely test out.

Remote Help Desk.

Quicker Support Time and Resolution

Response from Jenny Griesdorn of ConnectWise Control

Hi Shawn, thanks for your feedback on ConnectWise Control! For the screen transfer speeds and the transfer is showing lag, you may need to update to the latest version. Alot of these issues are resolved in the recent updates.

ConnectWise Control review by Josh H.

"Works brilliantly for accessing 150 endpoints and setting up one off remote sessions"

What do you like best?

After comparing many of the options for remotely supporting our 150 endpoints and setting up one off support sessions when needed we stumbled across ConnectWise Control. We tried TeamViewer, GoToAssist and LogMeIn, none of them compared in terms of features, ease of use and costmisability. Everything works as it should and the add on market is really useful for building in extra features.

What do you dislike?

I'm pretty sure there is nothing I can write for this - everything works fine for us!

We were able to easily push the access agent using group policy, as soon as the agent had installed machines appeared online. We can also now easily set up one off remote sessions, we have improved in productivity being able to troubleshoot and resolve our users issues remotely within minutes.

ConnectWise Control review by Barry B.
Service Desk Technician Level 1

"Good system, though not quite to par with Competitors"

What do you like best?

As a remote control utility, this worked without issues. It is responsive and usually does everything I would like it too. There is a toolbar at the top full of all the expected utilities and tools you would expect from a remote access tool like this and the Toolbox feature is a nice feature that allows you to put commonly used tools and programs for easy use while remotely controlling a computer.

Also, the ConnectWise Control's integration with the ConnectWise Automate and Connectwise Manage is a huge advantage.

What do you dislike?

The multi monitor support, while it works, it sub par. The toolbar at the top can be confusing in its groupings. The file transfer utility if clunky and reminds me of FTP software. The chat function is also clunky and can sometime be confusing to the end user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a good tool and improves with each update.

This replaces LogMeIn for our purposes. I am only a technician and do not make financial or business decisions but the integration with Connectwise's other tools was huge selling point for my organization.

ConnectWise Control review by Rudy I.

"Review of ScreenConnect"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that as long as the user has an internet connection I can help them remotely. This has helped with management that takes their laptops home and need help when not at the office.

What do you dislike?

Primarily I didnt like the fact that there is no easy way to deploy via Group Policy. However I made it work and as soon as a computer gets added to my network it gets ConnectWise installed. My biggest hurdle was keeping it up to date. Then I finally noticed the small lettering that says "learn how" Turns out there is a setting you can check for the clients to keep up to date themselves without user intervention, but not even support was able to tell me that before and you do have to install one of their widgets to do so.

Recommendations to others considering the product

KNow that there are useful modifications you can do to the software. You can make the preview image bigger, you can remove all the warnings to the user that you have connected, you can have the software keep itself up to date. You can deploy via Group Policy if you are familiar with how to do this. Using the Wake feature, the devices have to be in the same VLAN, and make sure the correct settings are used on the device to be able to wake it up.

Helping basic users install programs o n their computer that require Administrator priviledges. Remotely supporting management with computer and software issues. Remote access to change settings on users computers as needed.

ConnectWise Control review by Larry C.
Partner
Law Practice

"Great for Windows (not so much for Mac)"

What do you like best?

I have used this product for many years. Very reliable for windows machines. Let's me manage 17 computers while watching football at home.

What do you dislike?

The iPad app crashes 10% of the time. It is almost impossible to log into a Mac (unattended) that has multiple screens and either the screen saver is on or the monitors are powered off. You just get a black screen with a mouse. Your only option is to send a command to restart the mac but then you have to wait for it to shut down and restart. Does not always work. This has been a bug for at least three years. They still have not fixed it (although they have claimed to on several occasions). I am running the latest version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are dealing with Windows, do it. If you are dealing with Mac's, think hard about it.

I keep the computers in my office running smoothly by running malware checks, virus checks, updates etc. This program allows me to do this while I am home relaxing rather than sitting in front of each computer.

ConnectWise Control review by Rick H.
Owner

"Perfect solution for IT Support businesses"

What do you like best?

I run a small IT support business. I needed a solution for providing remote support to customers, both on an "as needed" basis, as well as on an "always connected" basis. The other products I looked at, like Team Viewer, LogMeIn, etc., we just too expensive for my situation. I'll admit, I was a bit concerned that maybe ConnectWise Control might not be very reliable, etc., because it was less expensive, but that concern was totally unfounded. ConnectWise Control has been 100% reliable for me. It does everything I need. If someone calls in looking for immediate support, it is very easy to have them go to my web site, where I have a "Remote Support" page, where they can enter a simple code and quickly get connected. I also have many clients' computers always connected, so any time they need me to do something, I can get right in and take care of things, without having to worry about setting up a remote support session.

What do you dislike?

I really have no complaints at all about ConnectWise Control. I have not had any significant issues with it ever. There have been a couple of occasions where I didn't understand how to use a particular feature, or had to ask a question about how to do something with it, but otherwise, it has been just about perfect for my needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a chance. I think you'll like it! Especially if you are a small IT service provider looking for an affordable, yet effect solution.

The business problem I had was that I needed an affordable way to provide remote IT support services for my clients. ConnectWise Control solved that problem for me. The benefit is that I can quickly provide support for my clients without having to spend time and money travelling to their locations for every little problem that comes along.

Response from Jenny Griesdorn of ConnectWise Control

Thank you for your positive review on ConnectWise Control, Rick! We appreciate your partnership with us.