ConnectWise Control

ConnectWise Control

ConnectWise Control's universal remote access software provides an all-inclusive solution for remote support, remote access, and remote meetings.

Work for ConnectWise Control?

Learning about ConnectWise Control?

ConnectWise Control Reviews

Ask ConnectWise Control a Question
Showing 275 ConnectWise Control reviews
ConnectWise Control review by J A.
J A.

"A product that is made to work the way Customers use it."

What do you like best?

The simplicity of accessing systems from anywhere in minutes. When I get a support call that requires me to assess a system quickly to resolve it, there is nothing quicker. Im able to access a machine with an onsite user and another Admin at the same time. Access is lightning quick and doesn't require anything large installed as a front end because it is a cloud based product.

What do you dislike?

When configuring users with very granular access requirements, Its not as smooth as it could be. This might be my fault for not understanding that aspect of the product as well as I could. I love the ability to ad a lot of users but I wish grouping was a little easier. But when it is configured it works well

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out. Use it and compare it to what you are currently using. Think about the imposed limitations of your current product and see if Connectwise doesn't have the same limitations. Its amazing how much more efficient this product makes you. You also dont have to pay more for this flexability, you actually save compared to other products.

What was usually a 10 minute problem which consisted with me spending 5- minutes just trying to connect with other products.. turns into a 3 minute issue from the moment I sit down at a connected pc. Im able to hop from machine to machine a lot faster than our old software and I was able to open many more connection at the same time. The software I had before I could not open too many connections before they started closing the ones I had open. Sometimes I need to monitor 5-6 systems at a time because Im syncing or diagnosing a system wide issue. I am able to get a lot more done without having to jump thru hoops or be on a specific machine to do any work.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about ConnectWise Control
ConnectWise Control review by jeremy g.
jeremy g.

"Teamviewer vs Connectwise"

What do you like best?

I sell to accounts. Not individuals, the fact I can categorize as accounts and then sub categorize makes a world of difference. I can add notes to each client as I make changes or work on their system so I have more access to information in one location. Teamviewer is great for personal use but simply can't match business usage convenience.

What do you dislike?

I wish the pricing was a little friendlier. But I still find the benefit outweighing the cost. I do find some of the submenu's painful. I can't tell you how long I spent trying to figure out how to simply add another user to the account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

don't hesitate, it's by far a better choice.

Customer service is faster, more thorough and we appear more organized. I love the custom function feature. I can run a script locally and push to remote machine to get back version numbers etc...without interrupting or disturbing the client.

What Remote Support solution do you use?

ConnectWise Control review by User

"Much better pricing than Bomgar, excellent tech support"

What do you like best?

I was a longtime Bomgar customer and left due to the high pricing. ConnectWise Control has been far more affordable and provides an equivalent product and end user experience. I especially like that it is cloud-based and doesn't require an on-premises appliance.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally there are some hiccups getting some end users connected remotely. Maybe 1 out of 25 remote sessions takes a bit longer or takes a couple of tries to run the remote client on the remote PC. ConnectWise tech support has been prompt and helpful, but it would be nice if these connection problems occurred less frequently because it is frustrating to my end users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a test on multiple remote devices. In one case, while supporting an older Mac laptop, I was unable to connect and had to fall back to my Bomgar appliance. I have not had trouble since then and support Windows 10 and recent MacOS versions successfully.

Remote support is a primary source of revenue for my IT business supporting multiple customers throughout Southern California and Nevada.

ConnectWise Control review by Eric M.
Eric M.

"Quick, Inexpensive, and Easy"

What do you like best?

For the same cost as 1 user with Log-Me-In, we can now have 3 simultaneous users able to support our employees, and have as many logins as needed. The custom login pages specific to our company makes it easy as well for our employees to know they're accessing one of our pages, and not one belonging to a scam website. The application running from the web makes it very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Access to UAC is a little confusing at first. LogMeInRescue would prompt for admin credentials on connecting. I'd love being able to access this from a Chromebook as well, but the windows-based access works fine for now. Further documentation and clarification would be useful for the scripts and commands.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to make use of the Two-factor authentication available!

Support for remote employees with a custom portal that makes it much easier to ensure they're visiting a safe website. We have a large number of remote employees, and easy support is crucial for us to be able to make sure they can work on a daily basis, whether configuring softphones or assisting with installation of remote software or even remote hardware. I like that ConnectWise Control is more resilient to use than LogMeIn was as well, and connects much faster than LogMeIn did when we still used it. Having everyone on my team able to use it at once makes a big impact in how quickly we can resolve issues as well.

ConnectWise Control review by Michael V.
Michael V.

"Better than native RDP"

What do you like best?

The smoothness that remote desktops are controlled without the typical graphical artifacts, glitching, slowness and general interruptions most RDP solutions have. The toolbox is also quite useful for grabbing software and using it on the fly. Multiple monitors are supported better than any other option I've seen by far.

What do you dislike?

The confusing way it stores passwords makes it non-functional for our team. The inability to sort the list of your session groups is missing and it doesn't integrate with Ninja like TeamViewer does.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for reliability, ease of use and high availability this is your remote. If you have many techs, it's probably worth it to shell out the $3K for a server license over the long haul.

We are able to address roughly 600 remote PCs with little frustration or connection trouble. Run remote commands and generally provide a better end user experience for our clients.

ConnectWise Control review by Tailor M.
Tailor M.

"Uncomplicated, highly compatible remote support software"

What do you like best?

ConnectWise Control (fka ScreenConnect) is reliable, user friendly, and intuitive.

There are not too many features crammed in, and the features that are included are rock solid.

One example of a feature we've come to rely on is the Shared Toolbox - a folder full of applications that can be one-click transferred and ran on the client machine.

What do you dislike?

We have a dozen techs using ConnectWise Control all day, and I have not heard an consistent complaints. Every once in a while there are issues relating to multiple displays with differing DPIs or resolutions, and sometimes the system doesn't visibly indicate when a connected session has sent a message.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I do not have much I'd recommend for those choosing between ConnectWise control and another app. One of the strengths is the integration with the other ConnectWise apps (ConnectWise Manage and ConnectWise Automate -- which used to be LabTech), but that isn't to say ConnectWise Control won't stand on its own: quite the opposite, it might be the strongest single product out of the ConnectWise Business Suite.

We're a cloud services provider, and as such connecting to remote machines is a daily occurrence. We've used another major solution in the past, and ConnectWise Control is faster and more reliable (cheaper too, to boot). We also use the integration with ConnectWise Automate (formerly LabTech). That integration is really slick.

ConnectWise Control review by Jonathan M.
Jonathan M.

"Simple yet powerful"

What do you like best?

It just works. Simple interface, off-site hosted, software toolbox for installers, reversible screen share, blank user screen, acquire wake lock, multiple monitor support is fantastic, simple drag and drop for file transfers, chat and annotations to help work with users that might not be on a phone call with me, can change quality of session to help with users that have poor connection quality. With the app I have been able to help users from my phone or tablet with out the need to get my laptop. The ability to personalize the sign in with company info and logos to add a bit of professionalism to the experience.

What do you dislike?

No way yet to my knowledge to remote in with phone / tablet users and see everything instead of just the limited app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a to go beyond a VNC remote tool to support your business, this is the best product I have used to date. Wows the boss and the users. Price is also very reasonable for a SMB.

I am able to remote in with users which is awesome since I have multiple job sites and offices to support. My HR and Accounting departments are able to help users by viewing their screen with them to better support their sign in issues.

ConnectWise Control review by Bradley B.
Bradley B.

"Economical and Feature Packed"

What do you like best?

We can record all of our sessions and are slowly forming an internal training library for our own staff based on actual support/training sessions.

Our clients are able to easily and quickly connect using any device, Mac or PC (even Linux and mobile!).

Occasionally we need to do multi-site sessions and ConnectWise Control is able to handle this also with ease.

What do you dislike?

The admin area could do with a good modern UI update. It's not intuitive where you need to do things, like adding a new user.

The admin area is the only place I have any issues with ConenctWise Control, and that area is big enough.

Our customer service department uses ConnectWise Control on a daily basis to connect to and assist our clients with using our web application, install and support accounting package integrations as well as general IT support in regards to our platform. Majority of our clients are tradespersons or users with little to no IT ability

ConnectWise Control review by Jon B.
Jon B.

"ConnectWise Control review"

What do you like best?

We have ConnectWise Control deployed to over 100 of our client's servers/workstations to allow us easy unattended access to them. The connections are usually decent (depends on client bandwidth) and file transfers are easy. The toolbox feature is by far the best, giving me (IT Consultant) the ability to deploy/copy commonly used applications/tools/installers immediately.

What do you dislike?

There are times where the connection will be created successfully, but I'm only able to see a black screen. No cursor displays on the screen, but the client (end-user) can see the mouse move around. Doesn't matter if connection is established via IE, Chrome, FIrefox, etc. Just a bug and I haven't regularly run across it.

We've been eliminating Remote Desktop for access to servers since we have seen an uptick in dictionary hack attempts against RDP ports on servers (some successful). Using ConnectWise Control, we've been able to close off RDP ports and just use this access for direct remote connections.

Jason L.

"Outstanding Remote Support Tool"

What do you like best?

Easy to deploy with excellent features like the shared toolbox, reboot and reconnect to safe mode, drag and drop file transfer and screen recording to name a few.

What do you dislike?

Creating and managing groups of clients could be more streamlined. It would be great if we could connect this to our ConnectWise Manage companies and launch access from within ConnectWise Manage. I would also like to be able to connect to our ConnectWise Automate clients as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Without a doubt the best remote support tool available on the market today. You should absolutely trial this product and there is no doubt you will make the very easy to implement switch over to this new platform. The onboarding assistance provided will ensure that you are up and running with little to no delay. I think my system was ready to deploy in under 15 minutes and after a very short training our whole team was using this on a daily basis.

It makes getting connected so much easier and allows us to respond quickly to client trouble tickets without dancing around walking them through how to get us connected over and over again.

ConnectWise Control review by Scott E.
Scott E.

"A solid, feature rich, remote support utility."

What do you like best?

I've been using Conneectwise control for about 4 years now. We have a standalone server at my workplace, we have it integrated with our ConnectWise Manager (LabTech) server, and I use the free tier to support freinds and family.

What do you dislike?

I use ConnectWise Control at my full-time job and it is full featured.

At home and in my small business endeavors I don't have enough of an income to justify the paid license.

The free version is nice but I miss some of the more advanced features.

As soon as I have enough income to pay for it I will be upgrading to the paid version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It takes a little getting used to and there are some features that are not immediately obvious.

For instance, you can push the contents of your local clipboard to a remote computer as keystrokes. This feature works on windows login screens.

This makes using long randomly generated high entropy passwords for server admin accounts very achievable.

It's the most reliable cross-platform remote support utility I've used to date.

ConnectWise Control review by Shawn B.
Shawn B.

"Control that you can 'really' work with."

What do you like best?

The User Interface and usability are excellent.

Providing access to end-users is fairly easy compared to other products that we've used in the past.

The cost of the software is better than most of the competitors.

We like the fact that ConnectwiseControl (ScreenConnect) is part of the larger Connectwise arsenal of products and we have ONE Vendor's throat to choke if the need arises.

What do you dislike?

The screen transfer speeds seem slower than LogMeIn.

Also it seems that Screenconnect freezes much more than LogMeIn and transfer between client and our desktop is slow. Not sure if its because of the version of software we have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Haven't had an opportunity to support multiple users at the same time, but that would be a good thing to completely test out.

Remote Help Desk.

Quicker Support Time and Resolution

ConnectWise Control review by Josh H.
Josh H.

"Works brilliantly for accessing 150 endpoints and setting up one off remote sessions"

What do you like best?

After comparing many of the options for remotely supporting our 150 endpoints and setting up one off support sessions when needed we stumbled across ConnectWise Control. We tried TeamViewer, GoToAssist and LogMeIn, none of them compared in terms of features, ease of use and costmisability. Everything works as it should and the add on market is really useful for building in extra features.

What do you dislike?

I'm pretty sure there is nothing I can write for this - everything works fine for us!

We were able to easily push the access agent using group policy, as soon as the agent had installed machines appeared online. We can also now easily set up one off remote sessions, we have improved in productivity being able to troubleshoot and resolve our users issues remotely within minutes.

ConnectWise Control review by Shawn S.
Shawn S.

"Better and cheaper than most options"

What do you like best?

Its cheap and the greatest feature is the little how to window that pops up for the client. With this how to it saves me form explaining every time to click run then open.If you compare prices for cwc vs bomgar or logme in it comes out cheaper. The software also records your session so you can review it later.

What do you dislike?

The software loves to map my printers which is very annoying for the client. It also does not work with older browsers and sometimes with edge it has a hard time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at the price and compare to the others and you will quickly see why CWC is better. You get more features for a better price.

It allows me to control as many sessions as I want which enables me to support multiple clients at once. Again look at the cost you get more for your money you can have as many sessions per tech license.

ConnectWise Control review by Desmond O.
Desmond O.

"A Complete Remote Access Tool"

What do you like best?

To me it's the cheapest and most powerful remote assistant app on the market. Allows unlimited hosts for unattended systems. Quick and easy temp app for clients to run, no install required. Works with Windows, Linux, Mac, Android, and Apple and the site provides the correct client app based on the OS. Tons of tools and features and gives you the ability to add your own custom scripts and tools.

What do you dislike?

Customization isn't as intuitive as it should be. You name the company at the time of client install file creation. You should be able to create a filter group with a drop down menu, instead of having to remember how you spelled it and manually typing it. That's my biggest dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ConnectWise Control is an easy solution to remote support and at a great cost. The software is so easy to use - very clear interface and easy to commence remote sessions with end-users. The ability to customize the interface and have additional features to hand which can be added at anytime, makes it a very flexible remote support platform.

It gives us the ability to access the database from private network. It gives much faster speed and hence made our work more efficient. It excels in everything. It is easy to deploy, connect. It is very easily reconnected to the safe mode. The user interface provided is excellent. The cost of software is very genuine and better than the most of its competitors. It also has a great mobile app.

ConnectWise Control review by Hillary P.
Hillary P.

"Super user friendly."

What do you like best?

I love the mobile app and the precision it gives me with being able to control an actual virtual mouse with left and right click.

What do you dislike?

We don't have the ability to change printing margins. We use a billing and retail program and it has very specific margins that the reports require to print on, and unfortunately, about 0.5" on all 4 sides of my reports are being cut off when I print from a client computer.

ConnectWise Control gives us the ability to access our database from our private network when we are on the road and away from our home store. This grants us the freedom to complete work at a much faster pace with ease and efficiency.

ConnectWise Control review by Ken H.
Ken H.

"A great experience every time"

What do you like best?

The ability to easily connect to machines I always have remote access to and to easily access customer's computers with a simple email link they can click on

What do you dislike?

I can't really of anything I dislike about the product.

I used Logmein for years and it's just overpriced with fewer features. I love having constant access to 5 computers with my plan. When my elderly parents call with a computer problem, I just connect and magically fix it. I also use it as a backup for RDP at multiple sites when IPs change.

Sending customers links to access their machines or inviting them to mine could not be easier, I could not be happier.

ConnectWise Control review by Tyler S.
Tyler S.

"Pleasant transition from LogMeIn"

What do you like best?

The singular pricing model for unattended access and support sessions. Along with that the ease of use and install. Minimal headaches when it comes to transition our staff to Connectwise Control.

What do you dislike?

I wouldn't say dislike, but the menu system on the top of the Control window when remotely connecting to a device can sometimes "be in the way." Depending on screen resolution and window placement the hover over menu can cover items, become a frustrating.

We have been able to provide remote support to our non-managed customers and managed customers alike from a single portal. We have been able to work with vendors to get them access into specific devices with minimal effort.

ConnectWise Control review by Andrew A.
Andrew A.

"My Favorite Remote Control Software"

What do you like best?

The software just works, end to end. From install (really easy) to upgrades (takes 2 clicks) to on-demand support. The remote control is fast, the toolbox is very useful, endpoint organization is excellent, and being able to draw on the screen is a huge plus. It's truly a pleasure to use.

What do you dislike?

In meeting mode (which I rarely use), I cannot find a way to switch from my screen to someone else's screen. This keeps me going back to GoToMeeting for online meetings.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give it a try. It's certainly my favorite remote control software so far.

Being able to hop onto our customers' computers in 10 seconds or so is great. It has helped us provide very quick support.

ConnectWise Control review by Joshua P.
Joshua P.

"Probably the best solution out there."

What do you like best?

Ease and speed of connecting to a remote PC.

What do you dislike?

When using the meeting option, there is no option for a call in number for folks on the road. So everyone has to be connected from a PC. This means that I still need my GotoMeeting for most meetings.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the free trial and see for yourself if it fits your needs. If you support users that have AD restrictions then this is probably your best bet. I don't think I've found a single client that we could not support so far which is WAY better than our experience with Teamviewer and having to have them download and install an executable. This loads through the browser, has less latency issues and support file transfer too, which was a hassle with a few other options we tried. I also use this to connect to my work computer when I am on the road. I can now use my tablet when travelling instead of having to lug my 15" laptop through the country. There have been times where I've forgotten I was connected through the ConnectWise since the speed and clarity was so high. Give it a shot with the free trial, there's no reason not to.

We connect to customer PC's to troubleshoot connectivity to our equipment and this has proven to be more cost effective and easier to use than the other solutions we have tried.

ConnectWise Control review by Ivan R.
Ivan R.

"Excellent remote support software"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and good for customers, Very simple to set up. Because of the setup i can use it from any where in the world. I can transfer files for my computer to the remote computer easily and can even reboot and automatically reconnect. The only time this seems to be an issue is if I have run system restore, i don't knwo if there is anything that can be done about this?

What do you dislike?

Nothing I can think of at the moment, it's all good. Occasionally a customer has trouble with the setup and often downloads the exe twice and then gets confused with what is going on. the exe can take a while to download some times and they think it hasn't ahppened and do it twice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, you haev nothing to use. I was using Log Me In 123 before but the price was increased, this is comparitivly cheap by comaprison.

Printer setup and trouble shoot, email support, malware, windows update problems, Anti virus problems,

email attachments, bbc iplayer, netflix, ransomware, cannot watch dvd's, blue chip bridge, nk2 files, PC set up, scanner set up and support, Hub set up, firefox, chrome, carbonite, hosted exchange, microsoft 365, outlook support, microsoft support scams, dropbox, set up for bussiness so users can only access files they have reposabilty for , website design and redirection for pages.

ConnectWise Control review by Jacob L.
Jacob L.

"ConnectWise - Why it's better..."

What do you like best?

Everything you want in a high powered remote connection software, plus all of the other things that techies love. ie. The ability to control remote unattended computers, many of them. The ability to host sessions with customers, all under a HIPAA safe guidelines. (I Work in the medical field so this is key).

What do you dislike?

At some times the user interface can be fairly confusing, After some investigation into the UI; it all seems to run smooth. It just takes some time to get used to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just go ahead an pull the trigger, I've been around remote connection softwares for quite some time and this one seems to be exactly what I was looking for.

The ability to bypass any strict BioMedical Engineering departments in hospitals of VA's around the country, when trying to provide remote support. ConnectWise is one of the few softwares out there that has a HIPAA document that lets me through without pain.

ConnectWise Control review by Greg W.
Greg W.

"Best remote software we have ever used."

What do you like best?

File transfer, ease of connectivity anywhere we are. Customers for the most part can log into site and we can connect faster. I can use this on my phone, computer, unattended access or assisted makes this very easy to work with and gets me in and out of sessions and on with my day. Saves us so much time to assist our customers programming needs and even software upgrades.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike, navigation is at times difficult, but still getting use to all it features. May need to look for training videos and or play with it more. Mainly the ability to connect another user to my session once I am connected for support. The Android App could be a little easier to use as well. We have use it on the Ipad and may just be more of a screen size than anything.

Recommendations to others considering the product

By far the best remote software we have used to date. Customers can easily log into software and connect to you for support.

End user support with voicemail and phone systems. Being able to log in day or night to fix and program customers needs with out having to go out on site.

ConnectWise Control review by Administrator

"I like the program. Has helped out a lot "

What do you like best?

The remote access onto other computers. I.e. Work computer to home computer. It is great to access all of the computers in the company from one single computer. I have also installed this on my family member computer that are not tech savvy so I can update their computers as well as provide any tech support to them.

What do you dislike?

That I would have to purchase another licence to have more than one user on at a given time. It does not make any sense to have to purchase two licences at the upgraded package to have more than one user on at a given time. It almost makes you want to go elsewhere. I am spending $25 a month now and for what I want I would have to spend north of $90. I am holding off on this for now until there is a more economical solution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not make the user have to purchase 2 licences to have more than one user on at a given time. It gets incredibly expensive for a simple task

Connectability. This software gives me the ability to connect to any of my work computers. It is very important that this happens because I am able to access important document from anywhere. Connectability. This software gives me the ability to connect to any of my work computers. It is very important that this happens because I am able to access important document from anywhere. Connectability. This software gives me the ability to connect to any of my work computers. It is very important that this happens because I am able to access important document from anywhere.

ConnectWise Control review by Jared L.
Jared L.

"I love ScreenConnect (ConnectWise Control). I have been using it for years."

What do you like best?

The Windows and Mac compatibility is very good. In my last position, I used it mostly for Windows (and that company still uses it a lot.) In my current position, I use it for Windows and Mac. The Linux support seems like it has some ways to go, but Linux can vary greatly from distro to distro, so I can understand that it could be a difficult task.

I love that the agent can be installed as an admin and have a persistent presence. When my users need help, I'm just a few clicks away. We have four offices scattered throughout the US as well as a presence in Europe and Australia. I'm able to assist users anywhere in the world as long as their internet connection can handle the screen stream and input data.

When I moved to this new position, I switched to the hosted version of ConnectWise Control. Being a one-man IT shop, it made more financial and security sense to let ConnectWise host the service. I have no complaints about the quality of the hosted services.

What do you dislike?

Linux support is a bit on the weak side, especially when it has to rely on Java. Java is a dying technology and I'd like to see the Linux support provided by something that is more friendly and has a future. For example, I have a developer that couldn't use ConnectWise Control because he needs an older version of Java and was able to update his version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes... I would and have recommended CWC to others.

Remote support

User support

Ability to take away user admin rights

I'm able to support users just about anywhere with this technology.

ConnectWise Control review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Best remote support tool!"

What do you like best?

A good remote supporting tool for administrators/managers/support team members at a very affordable price. We used to used LogMeIn before, change over was relatively easy because of user friendly UI for administrators and users.

What do you dislike?

Still unable to control iOS(Apple) devices remotely. I can record videos while in a meeting but unable to record audio at the same time. The feature was supposed to be out in the market last year, but still no sign of it...but I guess that's how the software companies work. It's not a deal breaker for us, but this feature will definitely help in future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend users to go with ConnectWise solution over LogMeIn. as it is much cheaper solution for the similar services, easy to use and maintain. Comes with whole lot of new range of functionalities. You don't need to buy mobile license separately which is a game changer for us. Any connect wise remote support user can control Android devices remotely, License is part of your package by default.

By providing remote support to our client base in Australia and New Zealand, it is as easy as just going to a website and type a pin code. Very easy for administrators to see and manage the support users in the team.

ConnectWise Control review by Mario A.
Mario A.

"Pretty good but needs some speed upgrade."

What do you like best?

I like it's ease of use, the price is a good point as well. The ability to see the connection metrics for all of my remote sites is a plus. It is also for the most part very stable as I have seen very few disconnections, 99% of these attributed to networking issues on the client-side. As far as ConnectWise having server problems, we had I believe 10 minutes or so of downtime in 2017. Not bad at all!

What do you dislike?

There is a definite 'speed' downgrade coming from TeamViewer, perhaps this is due to windows integrations or effect disables being better on the TeamViewer environment but there's a definitely difference. Sometimes there is too much lag or periodic disconnects with some of my slower clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

These guys know what they are doing! Professional support and stable, easy to use, straight forward remote service.

Remote troubleshooting to the max and occasionally some file transfers.

ConnectWise Control review by Krista T.
Krista T.

"Our Favorite CW Product"

What do you like best?

My technicians are amazed at how easy it is to use. It has saved us a dozen or more on-site service calls for minor and user error issues.

What do you dislike?

As the admin for setting it up, I have found it a little cumbersome to customize. I would like a little more user-friendly way to update logos and colors. I'm not an IT professional or a web-developer and I have found the customization to be more than I understand, so I haven't done that yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Review whatever implementation & support documentation gets emailed to you carefully. There's not a TON of online support for the product through University. Which as a CW Manage user is where i initially spent my time looking for support.

The majority of the sessions we have used Control on are training and software installation for a specific item we sell. It's been very instrumental in helping our trainer work from their desk and makes us look good we can do these things remotely.

ConnectWise Control review by Brett D.
Brett D.

"Invaluable"

What do you like best?

The fact that I am not tied to my internal network when the need to connect to a remote resource arises. I can use any internet connection to access my secure remote resources from the field when after hours or off site calls come in. I also appreciate the fact that this product is not tied to a single operating system. Further, the ability to move file to the remote device and vice versa is incredibly helpful.

What do you dislike?

There is more lag than I think there should be when connecting to high speed resources.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you consider your needs carefully before deciding on your subscription type. Read the details and you will be fine.

I can access all of my resources, desktop and server alike, to troubleshoot problems or to simply assist an end user when they need help. I have full access to the entire remote machine so I can troubleshoot the same as if I was hands-on.

ConnectWise Control review by Harpreet D.
Harpreet D.

"Great Product"

What do you like best?

Connectwise offers a wide variety of tools that can be easily integrated with existing solutions. I like the ease of installing the connectwise client on multiple computers and being able to access any one of them all in one place with lightning speed. My clients love it and I cannot see myself with out using it daily. It is a great asset for our organizations

What do you dislike?

At this point, I havent really discovered anything that it is to be disliked about Connectwise so far. I am sure that if I find something I dont like, I can get someone to help me find a solution that will work for our organization.

Remote service calls, remote troubleshooting and maintenance. connecting remotely with Connectwise is a breeze and I would highly recommend it to any IT solution provider. We have multiple client locations that can all be monitored simultaneously.

ConnectWise Control review by Craig C.
Craig C.

"ConnectWise Control Is Simple And Easy To Deploy"

What do you like best?

The product is fast and easy to configure for remote desktop control. The ability to connect to a client on the fly and also not security issues when installing the software makes it easy for us the vendor and the client we are supporting

What do you dislike?

The file transfer speed is not as fast as I would like it to be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will definitely save time when deploying the client software and the ability to generate a session on the fly is useful

Quick and easy way to connect to clients to resolve network and desktop software issues. We are also able to upload tools to the clients machine and network for troubleshooting.

Jason L.

"Good solution for solo tech"

What do you like best?

I like that it is easy for the user to understand how to connect as well as easy for me to deploy a quick session for a user. The price point is also pretty reasonable.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything about it. There are some minor usage things like that it should just auto-update versions as new Control versions are released.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a reasonably priced easy solution to roll out that is cloud-based, CW control will definitely be that. I am not sure how reasonable it becomes when you use it among many users large scale(from the admin side) but for a solo tech it is very very reasonable.

We have multiple offices and I am a solo tech so having an affordable solution to access remote users is nice. Also having cloud access to remote desktop is a safer solution than leaving RDP open and faster than using VPN. I've also used the mobile app and it isn't bad.

ConnectWise Control review by Philip R.
Philip R.

"Reliable, easy to use. Professional look and feel on the portal for new "support" users"

What do you like best?

"Support" for remote PC's works really nice with the custom URL and 4 digit code. "Access " has never failed me. I really like that I can have unlimited number of machines. That was the primary reason I switched. Light weight client is nice. Really beats having to setup a VPN and Remote desktop.

What do you dislike?

Organizational units are a little difficult to use to full extent, eg regex not intuitive. Would like branding to be a little easier to change. Color scheme, etc.. I've never used the meeting feature. I don't like that it doesn't work well with Matrox video cards - this has bit me pretty badly in the past since some of our servers use Matrox graphics video cards. Forcing downgrade of video drivers to "Microsoft VGA" seems like a hack. Would like the cloud version to be tied into our Office 365 domain so that user management and credentials could sync. I assume that sort of integration is only applicable to on-site version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't use matrox graphics cards

Remote support for end users on a factory floor (Industrial PC's, HMI's), remote server management, remote control of PC's for work, home and church. Live preview is nice to check if a program is done, or dialog is up without having to open a full session. Mobile app is OK, slow, but has saved me a on a few occasions.

ConnectWise Control review by George L.
George L.

"Easily the Best"

What do you like best?

It really just works. I've used many other remote systems and this one just works. It's very easy for me to deploy to my clients. It's even easy for the novice user to click a link in an email or go to a web page and input a code. The executable is easy and doesn't use a lot of resources. My clients also see this as my product not something I purchased.

What do you dislike?

I can't really think of any. I can customize the page to my company along with the icon of the app that loads. The ability to customize is really great for my clients. I can even use it to access my clients from my phone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it. Do the trial and you will never look back. I really like Logmein over Teamviewer but pricing for both is just unreal. This is perfect in every way.

The best is I can easily help my clients with just about any issue. If the computer is online I can get to it. I have clients under contract for remote support. This is a great avenue for profit. I can also help my clients quicker and save them money by not always having to come onsite. This has made my company more profitable.

ConnectWise Control review by Administrator in Building Materials
Administrator in Building Materials

"ConnectWise Control is my favorite remote software!"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that in an organized environment you can add all of your workstations in an easily accessible list and access them very quickly when needed. You have so much control over how that list is sorted as well. You can send/receive files through the software, you can create remote sessions for non-standard support. You can store software in a "toolbox" and send it on command. You can adjust the colors from black/white to full colors for efficiency/accuracy. I cannot brag enough about how much I love this software. I practically begged ownership here when I started to let me use it. Their support is PHENOMENAL! Seriously, some of the best support I've received on any product.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't much I don't like. I wish the computer access list was a little more user friendly for sorting, but otherwise I have no complaints. I need to fill up more space here but I have nothing else negative to say.

I am able to log in remotely from him in an emergency. I can readily access any of my users' workstations to assist with any problem including ones that have a UAC prompt. We also use it to monitor users work habits as you can update the screenshot easily without notifying your user you are watching them.

ConnectWise Control review by Jose S.
Jose S.

"The application works"

What do you like best?

It is customizable, albeit with a bit of work, and the application works.

What do you dislike?

Customization seems more complicated than it needs to be. Sometimes, the application wont let me connect to the host for reasons that are unclear.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The app has its quirks, but it works. I have only reached out to support a few times but am confident I can work out all the quirks I mentioned earlier when I have time to call and work to either resolve or better understand.

I provide remote support as part of my base offering. ConnectWise Control allows me to do so consistently and at a price point that ensures good ROI.

ConnectWise Control review by George Q.
George Q.

"Awesome Product!"

What do you like best?

I really like the fact that I can remote into a computer using Screen Connect. I am be able to use the tools needed to explain my resolution. I can show my desktop at any given time with just a click.

What do you dislike?

Some times when I remote into a computer using Screen Connect I get a small latency with the cursor and when I use the mobile app on ipad pro. The mobile app works just as great but still needs a little more work. I can use the mobile app for basic needs but if I need to use for a long period of time, I have to switch to the computer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give ConnectWise Control a shot and if any doubt at least try the free version.

With ConnectWise Control I am able to conduct Remote Desktop support for all of my remote clinics to save time and money!

ConnectWise Control review by James B.
James B.

"The straight up most ballin Remote Control software there is"

What do you like best?

SO many things that ScreenConnect (Connectwise Control) does right. Quick silent connection to endpoints is my favorite thing. The chat functionality is PERFECT. The toolbox is PERFECT and even bypasses all antivirus/firewall rules (shhh!). Works great on low quality connections if you adjust settings. Rebooting normally or to Safe Mode is perfectly executed. Getting new temporary users to connect is very painless. You can even run some command line commands from the web portal and chat the user before actually remoting in. Capturing screenshots and video is perfect. Blocking the user from moving there mouse around when you're trying to fix their issues is extremely useful with some of our users who don't fully understand the whole remote control process. Hiding the screen for sensitive issues is a breeze and doesn't require some driver installation like Teamviewer. You can also annotate and highlight things for the user so they can clearly see the things you're trying to show them. I could go on and on.

What do you dislike?

The ONLY thing I could hope to improve on ScreenConnect is the mobile app. Teamviewer beats them here.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it and never look back my friends.

We're solving the problems of needing to connect to our managed customers quickly. Teamviewer is ok but not as seamless and easy. Kaseya LiveConnect is so bad I don't even know what to say about it. All of the other solutions pale in comparison to the ease of installation and use of CW Control (Screenconnect).

ConnectWise Control review by Pierce D.
Pierce D.

"Great and easy to use remote assistance tool."

What do you like best?

Very simple to setup and keep clients up to date. You can easily execute commands on a remote computer without commandeering it to get basic PC information and do other maintenance tasks. Lots of features that I don't use but all in all a great product.

What do you dislike?

We use the cloud hosted solution. Its rather slow to be honest. On our 20 Mbps fiber connection we have to always have the display quality turned down to medium in order to not have any noticeable lag. Having the software instead be peer-to-peer when two PCs are on the same network would make it a lot better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Evaluate all your options and find what works best for you in your budget.

What business problems are you solving?

Remote Desktop Management and Support

What benefits have you realized?

I have to get up a lot less from my desk. Really, as soon as someone calls and starts describing their issue, I can connect to their computer and begin troubleshooting with them.

ConnectWise Control review by Fernand J.
Fernand J.

"Excellent all-round remote support tool for MSPs"

What do you like best?

Fast, versatile and flexible remote support solution for anyone to perform remote support without the over-inflated price of some of the competition. ScreenConnect is constantly adding new features with very active development.

Love the fact that we can choose between self-hosted and cloud-based server installation. Cross-platform Mac/Windows/Linux is also a huge advantage.

Overall ScreenConnect has been rock-solid and we rely on it to work. Even when our other remote tools have failed ScreenConnect is usually still working.

What do you dislike?

Not really thrilled with the new ConnectWise Control monniker... it sounds a little too draconian to users.

Being able to transfer files to/from a remote machine without taking over control of the machine would also be very handy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try out the cloud-based evaluation to see if it meets your needs. It's a very quick "out-of-the-box" solution to get running.

We use the product for in-house and off-site remote support of one-off break/fix and managed workstations and servers. It's great for both quickly fixing a simple issue and for long-term diagnosis and repair.

For break/fix clients they can quickly access the agent from our website and be connected with very little hassle. Very rarely do they need a hand connecting.

For MSP clients the agent is very reliable and we use it constantly for maintenance and repair.

ConnectWise Control review by Donovon C.
Donovon C.

"A Remote Access Solution that works! "

What do you like best?

Screen connect is a terrific screen sharing and remote access tool. It is incredibly easy to use, and works great on mobile devices, Windows and Mac computers alike. We host our own screen connect server and integrate it with LabTech, and I use it every working day to interact with Clients computers with just the click of a button. It is also perhaps the best unattended access solution that I have used.

What do you dislike?

The screen connect client works great on Windows, however using Screen Connect with Mac computers could be better. It downloads an executable each time you connect, which clutters up the downloads folder, and the session interaction when controlling a Mac computer is very hit or miss.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is definitely worth investing in. There are many features that make it highly useful. Definitely leverage the web interface and mobile app. They are life savers when providing support on the go (such as when on call). The desktop client is fantastic, and it integrates flawlessly with LabTech.

We previously used TeamViewer and Join.Me to connect to clients computers that were having issues. Now we have consolidated to just using screen connect for clients we actively manage and those that call in asking for support that we do not actively manage. The ease of use and time savings have been tremendous.

ConnectWise Control review by Edwin W.
Edwin W.

"We love Screen Connect(Now ConnectWise Control) We moved from a competitor and have not looked back."

What do you like best?

The fact that we can make sessions in Slack and the links show up straight on the app. The user can then select their names.

What do you dislike?

The fact that the Mac OSX file is so large for clients to download and that we can not preselect view settings (Like making the screen grey before the client connects to save bandwidth)

With our old software clients struggled connecting. Connect wise guides the end user along the process of installing the app. It also helps that we dont have to give the client a code and we can send links to customers vie email.

ConnectWise Control review by Administrator

"Best of all available products"

What do you like best?

We tested all the contenders before settling on ConnectWise. It is hands down the best available. Their web based control panel gives an excellent overview of all your remote machines, and packs quite a bit of useful info into an easy "at a glance" interface. Price was not a factor to us, but ConnectWise was also among the least expensive of the group.

What do you dislike?

Inability to use the traditional copy/paste options to enter passwords at the remote login screen is a minor nuisance, but easy to get used to (you must use a menu option to send the keystrokes). Copy/paste works normally everywhere else.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They have a free trial... Try it for yourself.

Typical benefits of remote support software - not having to get in my car and drive across town to fix easy problems.

ConnectWise Control review by Spencer Y.
Spencer Y.

"Best remote support tool"

What do you like best?

The user interface is very nice, the customer support is unreal and I love the customization. I was able to add a very nice photo to our landing page as well as fully setup our logo on everything. My clients easily download and run the installer, each and every time!

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I have not found one thing in this product that I dislike. When you compare this to any of the competition, this is the clear winner.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look no further. ScreenConnect is by-far the best remote support tool available on the market today.

Remote support for my clients; all over Canada. I've used different products in the past and this is by-far the best solution that I have tested. ScreenConnect is available on all the major platforms and is very easy to use.

ConnectWise Control review by Brian G.
Brian G.

"Years of experience"

What do you like best?

Seems to work well and is easy to walk customers through connecting. We use this product daily and have very few problems.

What do you dislike?

needs to be able to connect to mobile device. We offer support and it would be super helpful to be able to view mobile devices through our cloud instance.

We are providing remote support for multiple customers. Benefits are how quick it connects and the ease of sending files. We've preloaded tools to use in our instance as well. This helps troubleshoot issues faster when you can easily download the tools needed.

ConnectWise Control review by Joseph A.
Joseph A.

"Fast and Easy"

What do you like best?

Compared to our primary remote software, ScreenConnect is lightning fast. We've been primarily using it to assist our customers. We've been glad to start using this product and so far the support has been great as well.

What do you dislike?

Some features that should be built in are addons but are still accessible so I can't truly fault ConnectWise for this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Theme control could be a little more in depth, otherwise no complaints.

Our main remote software has been extremely flaky to the point of not being able to use it for long periods at a time.

ConnectWise Control review by John D.
John D.

"Stable connections and easy to get customers connected to sessions"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, Access connections are very stable and easy to setup. Tools available during connections are nice as well.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike. It is a stable platform and it works.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. We have tested many systems and this one seemed to us to be the one.

It saves us a ton of time moving from ticket to ticket and allows us to be more prepared and available to our customers. We use on demand and access sessions and will occasionally host a meeting through Control.

ConnectWise Control review by Justin B.
Justin B.

"Connect Wise was my ultimate solution."

What do you like best?

The custom url with your business name is just an amazing touch. The simple dashboard shows who is connected and for how long. I also enjoy the option to make a custom code for the session

What do you dislike?

It does sometimes not often but sometimes freeze up and the remote system has to be restarted

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is just simple, professional, and it works. A great solution for remote support. That any customer can understand.

It gives me a solid professional platform for me to provide remote support for my clients. And is simple enough that the customer can easily connect.

ConnectWise Control review by Shaa M.
Shaa M.

"Easy remote support for IT teams"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. I can use the remote control software from where ever I am at to support my end users. Deployment is a breeze through active directory. It just works. TFA is also a great addition because of our high security environment. One of the small but cool and extremely helpful this is the ability to search for what user is logged into what machine, you don’t have to rely on them telling you.

What do you dislike?

It’s not free? Seriously, it has all the features and then some any remote support software could have, better than any I have used in IT for the last 15 years.

Remote support for a geographically distributed environment.

The benefits are a much faster and friendly experience for IT and the end user.

ConnectWise Control review by Dan  K.
Dan K.

"Great Remote Tool"

What do you like best?

How easy it is to use for remote support.

it displays what user is logged into the PC system which also relays an image of what the user is currently doing. shows what users are idle.

the UI is easy to navigate.

What do you dislike?

it auto displays additional monitors when doing remote support sessions.

sometimes when logging in you get the status message 'waiting for your guest' even though the user is connected.

the toolbar when connected needs to be better. This is down to options like 'send ctrl-ald-del' i find should be under another tab altogether and not just bundled under miscellaneous.

issues with office packages, remote support for diagnosing printer issues.

setting up new users that start with out needing to be in the office every time.

ConnectWise Control review by Jason C.
Jason C.

"ConnectWise Control Has Allowed Our Company to Grow and Manage"

What do you like best?

ConnectWise Control allows us to easily remotely connect to all of our needed systems, run file applications from the toolbox, easy copy and paste, and other priceless features which are all standard with the software package.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I dislike is that the toolbox can take a bit to load. I am guessing that this is because we have a few hundred applications there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take it for a trial run and you'll fall in love with the software.

The helper application inside is great and nice, as is the copy and paste from the guest session to my local machine. It is also helpful to be able to record a video and pass it off to another person for them to analyze the issue.

ConnectWise Control review by Jim M.
Jim M.

"Best remote software I have used!"

What do you like best?

Supporting around 50 company owned machine across 10 offices, I like the fact that I can add and sort a number of unattended sessions, this allows me access whether the end user is sitting there or not.

What do you dislike?

There are not too many features that I do not like, however, it should be easier to create session groups.

This software saves me from driving between 10 locations and makes me much more efficient, I can work on problem after problem from my own office. I can also run sessions concurrently allowing multitasking.

ConnectWise Control review by Andrew B.
Andrew B.

"My review of Connectwise control"

What do you like best?

price, very affordable and easy one click get into the remote system from any platform.

What do you dislike?

sometimes takes a lag between signing in with downloading client etc (from web browser) i'm sure there's an option setting somewhere to resolve this so i just put up with it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

switch from a competitor to get the deal!

Anything where I want to save time from explaining thing sand as an IT pro I can remote customer computers quickly and resolve their items so so fast with so much ease and convenience.

ConnectWise Control review by Mark O.
Mark O.

"Wonderful, Affordable Product"

What do you like best?

This remote solutions software is the best on the market hands down. Easy to use, easy to deploy, works on multiple OS platforms. It runs directly from your server or computer without using a third portal relay so it's as fast as your ISP connection. With each package update it gets better and better. For myself we run this package on a Linux server and it is stable and robust. Does everything we want it to do in the office and allows me to connect to it remotely also. Best of all you can brand it to your own liking.

What do you dislike?

I can't put my clients computers into groups in this software and is slightly annoying

Recommendations to others considering the product

TRY IT first and you won't be dissatisfied. The license is very affordable and the support is awesome.

This is strictly an independent IT solutions package that solves remote computer administration

ConnectWise Control review by Nathan A.
Nathan A.

"Simple, Fast, and Reliable Remote Access Solution"

What do you like best?

A couple things that make ScreenConnect stand out above others for me is: 1) the speed in which I can connect to s stored host - literally within seconds and 2) the ease of connecting to computers that don't have the ScreenConnect agent installed - I can get them a code on a website or I can email them a link. In short, ScreenConnect makes my remote support and access a breeze!

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I'm not wild about is the pricing structure. I use the entry level Single Tech license and it servers my purpose. However, there is not ability for me to grow beyond the 10 computer limit with out a huge jump to the Standard License model. It would be great if there was the ability to add additional computers as needed to the basic plan.

ScreenConnect allows me to maintain a group of remote computers that I connect to regularly. In addition it helps me connect to on demand support sessions for computers that I don't access regularly.

ConnectWise Control review by Daniel D.
Daniel D.

"Still the best"

What do you like best?

I've used a ton of different remote software solutions, and for pure functionality and deep control, Connectwise Control (previously screenconnect) is still the best of the best.

What do you dislike?

Mostly I just dislike the price. At $40 per user license, that can hurt pretty quick, especially because they don't give discounts for current LabTech users.

Able to manage all my one-off customers who call with issues, and use it as my main remote tool for customers we serve as an MSP. The software we use comes with Splashtop, but I wish they would just integrate Connectwise Control.

Jason L.

"ConnectWise Control is fantastic!"

What do you like best?

ConnectWise has allowed for super fast support times when responding to calls for help across our business. We can now avoid driving to multiple locations and help staff with problems instantly.

What do you dislike?

Honestly there is not much to dislike about the application, it has done everything we needed it to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Connectwise is an amazing product for remote support in an enterprise and I would recommend to anyone looking for a solution for their IT needs.

Faster response time for IT issues and a more productive environment.

ConnectWise Control review by Administrator

"Heaven Sent Solution for Secure Access for Support"

What do you like best?

Easy to use. Great Features like toolbox. I love the fact that I can access all pc with a click of a button. It has great organization features where you can create client and have a list of all of their servers and PC. This solution has completely changed the way we provide support and service to our clients.

What do you dislike?

Only feature missing is providing LAN ip address under information of Desktop or server. We have to use command line feature built in to CW Control in order to find Lan ip.

We have a better response time. High security since we no longer have to use remote desktop. We can easliy provide access to 3rd party vendor using Host pass feature.

ConnectWise Control review by seth f.
seth f.

"ConnectWise Comparison"

What do you like best?

Customization, branding, web access from anywhere.

What do you dislike?

Mobile app is subpar. I have to hold and press a button to do a mouse click? That makes it quite cumbersome. TeamViewer should be duplicated here...there's and most others rdo programs are much easier to control.

I don't like that I have to sign into a web browser ever time. There needs to be an app...just like TeamViewer has.

I don't like the limitations for the processor. If I walk away, I can't take over a session with a different PC. I would physically have to be at my PC to log me out of that session so I can join with another PC. Very frustrating.

Remote access to PCs

Remote support.

ConnectWise Control review by Josh C.
Josh C.

"ConnectWise Control for Small Business Support!"

What do you like best?

I like that all my clients are in one easy to manage and searchable panel. I can manage multiple clients at the same time while maintaining steady connection. I like how easy it is to connect to new clients with an emailed link so they can trust it's me controlling their computer.

What do you dislike?

At times I had issues with lagging but new iterations of the product seem to have fixed this issue for me.

I can quickly install software, printers, or diagnose issues on servers.

ConnectWise Control review by Brandon M.
Brandon M.

"ScreenConnect helps me run my small business"

What do you like best?

ScreenConnect is technician friendly and widely compatible with various operating systems. They have have several plans...even a self-hosted version, so anyone should be able to find something that fits.

What do you dislike?

I've tried several remote support tools, and ScreenConnect was one of the main ones that checked all the boxes I wanted in supporting clients remotely. It's been fast, stable, offers customization, and easy to use. I cannot honestly mention a dislike at the moment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give the trial a shot. There is no obligation, and you will have a full blown experience on whether it is the right product for you.

Remote support and troubleshooting. I like being able to disconnect, but leave sessions open for a bit in case I need to jump back into the computer. Anytime I don't have to drive to a client for a repair is a win for me. I work full time in a larger IT environment. We use a different remote tool to support users there. A few users have Macs. That other tool isn't compatible, but ScreenConnect is! I created a session, told the user where to navigate to in order to begin, and corrected the issue. As as side note: I also like the toolbox feature of SC. It lets me add my software tools and share them throughout my sessions.

ConnectWise Control review by Daniel C.
Daniel C.

"Very user friendly Utility"

What do you like best?

Being able to remote into clients to help them fix issues that I don't need to physically touch the machine.

It saves time from walking all over the building.

I am using the Cloud based solution and I don't have to worry about hardware.

Very good utility for Support end users.

What do you dislike?

I don't even know if this is an option to log in and just have people click the name and then is shows up in a queue. I was used to using Bombgar but I do like this tool a lot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I guess I would like to be able to log into an adhoc session and just have my name as a tech there for users in need of help to just click on my name and then get alerted to start session. Other than that I think this product is great for support and love it.

Time savings.

Faster resolution of issues for end users.

ConnectWise Control review by James L.
James L.

"Feature rich remote software"

What do you like best?

I like that the deployment of the product is easy and reliable. There are multiple tools at my disposal that are normally reserved for more pricey software, such as screen selection, duplex file transfer, chat and some basic system stats and specs.

What do you dislike?

The software does not always handle badly connected devices well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It has all of the normal expected feature for a paid version of a software and more reliable than any of the free version of remote control software I have discovered on the market. It will just all come down to price.

I have a small IT department. This software allows me to more quickly respond to my users' issues which makes my workday more productive and efficient.

ConnectWise Control review by Matt J.
Matt J.

"Reliable cross-platform solution to TeamViewer. I love the UI and speed of the interface."

What do you like best?

As a MSP, I am always looking for the best tools to reach my clients and offer the best support possible with minimal effort on their part. ConnectWise Control has offered just that and I see it as one of my must have solutions.

What do you dislike?

The lack of Chromebook support. The missing link to using this everywhere I could need is as a Chrome Web App.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Add Chromebook support.

Reliable remote access and seemless install and upgrades to the client.

ConnectWise Control review by Benjamin C.
Benjamin C.

"Great remote support tool"

What do you like best?

The speed is great, design is good, and it's easy to manage. Our techs have an RMM tool and consistently choose ConnectWise control over the RMM tool because of it's speed.

What do you dislike?

Would like a little more control over session groups. Sometimes the connection tool is a little clunky. a desktop app might be nice.

We're using this for our remote support needs. our RMM Tool's remote support tool is slow and doesn't have the agility that ConenctWise control has.

ConnectWise Control review by Brian C.
Brian C.

"Perfect for IT Support"

What do you like best?

The ability to control a computer as if I was sitting in front of it.

What do you dislike?

The Toolbox is a little difficult to manage. It would be nice if I could modify its contents without logging in to a session

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is constantly evolving and responding to user input

I can do 80% of my job from my chair, can provide support for multiple users at once, and can utilize the resources of my office on all connections.

"Nothing Else Compares"

What do you like best?

It's fast, it's reliable, and super easy to use. Navigating multiple displays is handled better than any other remote access software. I also love the additional insights you can see at a glance such as IP address and user logged on, and whether the session is active or idle. The remote command line is super fast and very helpful for local password resets and other management in a pinch.

What do you dislike?

The only quirk about it is gaining elevated access in Windows with UAC enabled. Having to send CtrlAltDelete, enter credentials, and then rely on a local user to "approve" the elevation request is cumbersome for those clients that do not have local administrator permissions. This means that unattended access must be carefully installed so that you retain elevated permissions in the event you don't have a local user on hand to click your UAC prompts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the trial. You will quickly fall in love. It is worth every penny.

CWC provides our business with super fast and reliable remote access to all of the machines in our company. It's super easy to set up and manage. Support requests are resolved much more quickly because there's no time wasted waiting for a connection to be established, and the performance of the program is second to none.

ConnectWise Control review by Administrator

"The ultimate remote support tool"

What do you like best?

ConnectWise Control, previously known as ScreenConnect, provides much more than remote desktop. You can run commands remotely, see whether a computer is online or offline, chat with the users and much more. There are very few issues but there is an amazing support team who are willing to not only investigate and fix any issues but they will also keep you updated with their progress.

What do you dislike?

The admin "host" user interface does need some work but each release contains improvements so there is always something new coming. Other than that I have no complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a trial using the free version and see if ConnectWise Control will work for you. If you don't like the default appearance and/or features you can customize almost all aspects of the software and make it your own.

As a one man band I used to rely on a combination of VPN and Remote Desktop to support clients. As more and more devices became portable it became painful trying to support them. Remote Desktop requires the Pro versions of Windows which home users especially are unlikely to have. ConnectWise Control solves this issue and I can now remotely assist any of my clients regardless of where they are. As long as they have an internet connection I can help them which is not something I could do before.

ConnectWise Control review by Sean P.
Sean P.

"Screen Connect is great - Even on MAC"

What do you like best?

Where I have used other remote connection software, they fail on macs locking them up or crashing, Screen Connect is the first one that I have seen not lock up and crash a MAC that is doing Media presentations\editing of some sort.

What do you dislike?

As an MSP, I cannot separately allow each client LDAP authorization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it, Buy it you won't be happy with anything else after it.

This software is simply the best remote connection tool I have seen or used. I won't say what we've used before it, but I will say that the flaws and pricing of other services are far over priced for what they give, which is a less stable product than Screen Connect.

ConnectWise Control review by Jake G.
Jake G.

"Simple effective remote assistance with quick deployment and support"

What do you like best?

Ease in deployment via GPO or script across a number of computers. The push of a new client OTA is perfect once installed on the endpoint.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see more functions built in from a running processes standpoint out of the box instead of add-ons.

As a support person with limited time/resources this tool, for the price, is amazing. With little investment I can support many customers regardless of where they are.

ConnectWise Control review by Tyler R.
Tyler R.

"For One-on-One Screensharing Puts Others to Shame"

What do you like best?

It is very robust in terms of functionality, very cost efficient, easy to run/install and extremely reliable when only a few (ideally two) people are using it over a good internet connection.

What do you dislike?

Our company has experienced a lot of audio issues/breaking up/lag when used alongside screensharing. While it's been fantastic for remoting in to customer computers, when used for meetings or trainings it has disappointed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm not sure if they offer a trial but their licenses are so cheap that it's worth purchasing one with the one-time fee. Give it a shot, especially if it won't be requiring audio communication - performance should be excellent. Get to know all the bells and whistles it comes with and compare against the other giants - I think ScreenConnect wins hands down.

Ability to remote in to customer local computers, ability to host meetings for quick webinars among internal staff. The benefits of using this over a TeamViewer or Join.Me are immense. Much cheaper and actually go beyond the premium features of both the aforementioned products.

ConnectWise Control review by Consultant

"How likely is it that you would recommend ConnectWise Control to a friend or colleague? "

What do you like best?

We like the ease of use of ConnectWise Control along with the quick and simple installs on a remote client's workstation. The spped at which the remote access occurs is almost instantaneous and acts as thopugh we are sitting as the desktop. The ability to control from central console, custom branding, and integration into our network, are everything we as an MSP could ask for in remote control software.

What do you dislike?

There is only one thing we dislike about ConnectWise Control and that is we having to pay for it. If we could get this great software for free there would be nothing more to dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Our recommendations to others considering ConnectWise Control is, Get it. Your remote support and remote control pains will be eliminated!

Since the ConnectWise Control software easily installs onto our client workstations, and for our Managed Services client's ConnectWise Control is integrated through ConnectWise Automate we have seen an increased efficiency and a lower frustration level with our technical staff.

ConnectWise Control review by Administrator

"Best remote access solution made so far"

What do you like best?

Absolute ease of use, and amazing price. I especially like the fact that it's not a shared infrastructure and their cloud offering gives you your own instance; allowing individual administrators to fully customize their ConnectWise Control interface to their own needs, or the needs of their business.

What do you dislike?

I don't like CWC's complicated licensing limitations. For example the limit the ability for the same user to act as a host from two different machines. IT administrators like to have a certain wild ability when using these tools. Also, the cloud offering can sometimes be slow, especially since its a fairly new product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ConnectWise Control is a ConnectWise product. The greatest benefit is earned when using the entire suite of products, but for day-to-day IT support, or just remote access to your or a family member's computer, there is no comparison. While LogMeIn or Teamviewer was the way to go back in the day, ConnectWise Control's lightweight web interface and tiny agent are a thing of the future that no-one can compare.

Compared to all other remote access solutions either for the end-user, or for IT administrators, ConnectWise Control is not only the best-priced, but also the easiest to use, with a very lightweight interface.

ConnectWise Control review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Best remote support software that I have used!"

What do you like best?

The best part about this program, in my opinion, cannot be limited to on thing. All the good things about it combined are what makes it so versatile and easy to use. If I had to choose, the fact that it is web based is probably the best part about it. I can access it from anywhere as long as I have an active connection to the internet

What do you dislike?

I do not think that I have any real dislikes about the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give their trial a shot. Their support is great so if everything goes to plan, I am pretty sure that they can take your trial instance and convert it to a live instance so that your setup time and what not is not doubled. It was fairly easy to set up by following the directions. I believe I only had to consult with them two or three times with questions and they were very quick to respond to everything. They are constantly improving their software functionality as well, and also take things that people say in their forums to the drawing board as well

We are cutting down on support times, if we have an issue across campus or at another site, we can connect and resolve the issue quickly and efficiently. Before, we had to travel to the remote site, fix the issue, and then return to the office. The amount of time saved is great!

ConnectWise Control review by Andrew G.
Andrew G.

"Excellent Remote Support Platform"

What do you like best?

I replaced Bomgar B200 appliance that I owned for 10 years and moved around the country with a need of static IP address. Love the features of ConnectWise and it is web-based.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of cons. I have 184 access points I support now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start your own trial or buy it!

98 percent of my business is run from this platform. Only 2 percent is onsite. My customers love the fact that I answer the phone as I am usually sitting at my desk at home instead of on the road to my next appointment. I love it as I can work from anywhere I have internet access.

ConnectWise Control review by Chad R.
Chad R.

"Perfect support tool!"

What do you like best?

The ability to have a client build their own session is amazing. The reliability and flexibility of the offerings are second to none in my experience. The fact that the entire solution is cloud based with minimal install and support packages is fantastic. I can log in to my admin console from any device and have full access.

What do you dislike?

I have had some issues using the Blank screen function and screen previewing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the trial and you will instantly understand why it is such a great offering.

Unattended access and unlimited session time allows clients to simply build and let me know to address an issue. The chat function reduces unnecessary emails.

ConnectWise Control review by Dave C.
Dave C.

"The best remote access software available"

What do you like best?

Screenconnect offers an easy to use customizable solution for remote access. We have used many other platforms, but screenconnect is by far the best. It is very important that the solution we chose allowed us to brand the product as our own and screenconnect does just that.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't must to dislike about the product. It would be nice if there were some third party integrations that would extend functionality.

The ability to offer our end users fast and effective remote support gives us an advantage over other vendors that use different remote access platforms. The chat feature is very reliable and end users do not feel intimidated.

ConnectWise Control review by Russell  S.
Russell S.

"Great for remote IT support and troubleshooting"

What do you like best?

Time savings. I don't have to always send a technician to solve a problem for a client. We can solve most problems remotely. A great cost savings for our business when looking at cost of doing business.

What do you dislike?

I can not think of anything I don't like about the product. I guess I would like a white label version. I think it would give our customer the perception of a more personal experience with us...rather than an outside entity...if that makes sense.

Tech support. Reboot of a computer, software issues. Again, the fact that most problems can be addressed remotely is huge advantage for deciding to use ConnectWise.

ConnectWise Control review by Administrator

"Connectwise Control is easily the best remote access system I've used (and I've used them all)"

What do you like best?

Compatibility and functionality are the two most important parts of any remote admin system, bar none - and only ConnectWise Control has had a 99% rating across all systems I've used it on. The only time it doesn't work is if the user is not an administrator of their machine AND something in their machine is misconfigured (haven't figured it out yet since it's so rare) but otherwise it just works.

What do you dislike?

Black-screen issues on non-admin users is a pain, but otherwise everything's awesome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're not using it, you should be.

Remote access, remote troubleshooting, remote hands, server management, end user assistance, mobile device management - literally the gamut of remote control.

"Screenconnnect"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and customization of the is product. screenconnect is fully customizable you can you use you company logo and also set your devices any to groups by software version to location.

What do you dislike?

The amount of plugins. It only have a select few that is available. I would love to see more plugins with spiceworks help desk and this would make it a huge help for my organization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for an all around Remote Desktop then you should give screenconnect a try

Screenconnect is being used throughout the agency as a remote management software that solves the problem of having to travel to a site if a computer is having any issues.

ConnectWise Control review by Steve R.
Steve R.

"ConnectWise Control allows me to quickly support my clients over the phone, and monitor servers"

What do you like best?

I like the quick and easy way that I can connect to my client's computers from whatever computer I'm using (Mac, PC, or even my phone)

What do you dislike?

The only trouble I've really had is that it took me a while to figure out how to change my password.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a solid product. You should use it.

I'm supporting my clients remotely while sitting in the basement of my house. It saves me time and fuel.

ConnectWise Control review by Christopher R.
Christopher R.

"I couldn't live without it"

What do you like best?

For us it's very simple. our techs need secure access to our client servers and workstations on the fly and on a recurring basis. Screenconnect makes this so easy for us. The true benefit we realize form Screenconnect is the mobility. Having an Android app that our project managers can use to remotely connect from anywhere in the world was a driving factor in our choice and continues to be a key part of our satisfaction. Hands down the best remote access tool available

What do you dislike?

The admin panel and custom config can be a little confusing but once you master it you are in good shape

Our clients are county government facilities, we manage their servers and connect to their individual workstations often to resolve conflicts in our proprietary software or third party applications used by our clients.

ConnectWise Control review by Administrator

"Amazing remote support tool, beats logmein easily"

What do you like best?

Its faster, easier to deploy, and far cheaper than logmein

What do you dislike?

That its not free lol. One thing I would like to see improved is remote powershell if possible instead of basic command prompt from the background scenes. More functionality enabling silent administration of tasks such as uninstall programs etc without bothering the end user would be awesome. Some type of tie in integration would be amazing to product like PDQ deploy + inventory.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stop waiting, get a free trial and use the product, you will love it.

Have easy way to support our users instantly when they call without having to ask them for information.

ConnectWise Control review by Kurt W.
Kurt W.

"Does it all"

What do you like best?

There's no limit to the number of pcs we can install the client on and take control of without having to do a web meeting. This was crucial as our prior vendor did. And the web meeting is there too if you need it!

What do you dislike?

I'd like to know who is using a license if one is unavailable

We control clients pcs to provide technical support.

ConnectWise Control review by Brandon L.
Brandon L.

"Amazing Product "

What do you like best?

This product is comparable to LogMeIn! It works very well for IT support. I am using it to connect to users in our organization that work at other sites. We have seen production increase since we do not need to take time travel to sites.

What do you dislike?

It is a bit of a bear to get clients loaded into groups. It takes a bit of learning.

Travel and Time

ConnectWise Control review by Chris M.
Chris M.

"Exactly what my team needed for remote assistance."

What do you like best?

Ease of use on both end of the conenction

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything yet not to like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do it. Getting ConnectWise Control should have been our first software package to try. You will not regret it.

Remote desktop support for our customers that utilize our software package.

Remote access to servers via the installed client piece for our customers that do not have VPN capabilities back in to their network.

ConnectWise Control review by Dino S.
Dino S.

"Excellent Remote support and management software"

What do you like best?

Screen preview and user idle time as well as multiple deployment options are great features that I use often during onboarding.

What do you dislike?

Maybe a little bit too much customization if that can be called a dislike!

Solving client issues from anywhere at anytime with little to no user intervention and managing connections easily have minimized our administration time in the product and have decreased our TTC.

ConnectWise Control review by Tyler W.
Tyler W.

"Small footprint big impact"

What do you like best?

The client is extremely lightweight, and there are no unnecessary pop-ups.

What do you dislike?

There is an occasional glitch where it shows the wrong preview image for the selected device. This is not very often and is fixed by opening a new instance.

User support, every little bit helps. Being able to resolve most issues without having to physically go to the user saves alot of time.

ConnectWise Control review by Amy S.
Amy S.

"Great Remote Access Product!"

What do you like best?

I am a fan of ConnectWise control because you can customize banners, reinstall/install the agent and update it easily.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes releases of bug fixes are a bit behind. We had an issue with Windows 10 machines for a bit.

We are able to save money by cutting travel expenses with our remote access software, which has helped immensely .Clients are a fan of us being able to do this.

ConnectWise Control review by Administrator

"An easy to use, lightweight, remote support client"

What do you like best?

I like the ease with which it is to get deployed and setup, as well as the simplicity of getting people connected to a session.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the lack of any monitoring tools, antivirus integration, or that you cannot have both unlimited nodes and unlimited users for support. Their pricing right now requires us to have two separate instances -- one for permanent node access and one for temporary support with users. Seems a bit silly they can't combine the two.

Nothing we weren't already solving with other remote solutions, we just like theirs more because it's cheaper.

ConnectWise Control review by Jonathan O.
Jonathan O.

"Saves me so much time"

What do you like best?

Simple, its installed and it works. Once installed its one interface and away you go.

What do you dislike?

The domain install is a little lacking, would prefer that to be a little more polished.

general support mostly, i have PCs and Macs, and MAcs that run PC software, servers, clients etc.... I even have a laptop on cellular. They all work and let me help the user quickly.

ConnectWise Control review by Administrator in Insurance
Administrator in Insurance

"From TeamViewer to ScreenConnect"

What do you like best?

ScreenConnect is very lightweight and runs fine on our old(er) PCs. Security roles are a nice feature for providing temporary access and the customization options of the host is a big plus.

The toolkit is handy for accessing commonly used utilities and files can be copy/pasted from PC to host without requiring a transfer utility. Numerous extensions add functionality, like the ability to edit the host config file, or take screenshot previews of the host desktops at set intervals.

What do you dislike?

ScreenConnect can be a little pricey for a small company. Fortunately, they had a promotion for existing TeamViewer sites which made it more affordable. Plus, the service works on an annual subscription where TeamViewer was a one-time license fee (with optional paid version upgrades).

Recommendations to others considering the product

- Web based.

- Toolkit

- Remote command line

- Lightweight

ScreenConnect solves remote assistance, remote support, one-time support and online meetings.

We've noticed a time-savings compared to TeamViewer. It's definitely a great product.

ConnectWise Control review by Administrator in Computer & Network Security
Administrator in Computer & Network Security

"Screen Connect is Fantastic"

What do you like best?

Screen Connect is not just a Remote Access type of software, but it has a vast amount of utilities right at your fingertips. You can run CMD commands, add in notes for your employees on specific systems or even communicate with the customer via it's chat function.

What do you dislike?

The END button. The End button is very decieving and needs to be changed. I would think the End key is to end the current session with that specific computer. Instead it completely removes it from the list!

Change the END key to Remove!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn the difference between Concurrent License, User License and guest accounts!

Concurrent license means that number of people can be on and access a computer at the same time (this includes if you want to access multiple computers at the same time).

User License means that many users have full access to the systems.

Guest Accounts do not need a license and from my experience so far, do not use a Concurrent License either.

I'm an IT Consultant by trade, so all of my instances are to fix computer related issues. Having a remote application for those issues that just do not require an on-site visit is critical and saves tons of time.

ConnectWise Control review by mike k.
mike k.

"excellent product, great price, great value for the price"

What do you like best?

great price, ease of use, i switched from Logmein to screen connect and i saved a lot of money without missing any major feature

What do you dislike?

sometime it runs slow, specially on Mac computers

Recommendations to others considering the product

this is the best product in market considering the price, scalability and features

centralized support platform for my clients, one stop solution for remote access and remote support