ConnectWise Manage

3.9

Business Automation and PSA

Work for ConnectWise Manage?

Learning about ConnectWise?

ConnectWise Manage Reviews

Ask ConnectWise a Question
Showing 275 ConnectWise reviews
ConnectWise review by LeEdna T.
LeEdna T.

"Amazing all in one product"

What do you like best?

This is a complete solution for any IT or small/medium sized business. Its nice that you can look up almost any detail about a customer and have complete visibility on transactions with your customers. CW comes with something for every department: Sales, billing, marketing, and help desk. A majority of the features are very easy to use but if i come across something complex on cw its usually VERY complex.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes connectwise goes down. Customeer service can be ok or rreally really rude. they love to just throw articles at you from the faq's as opposed to actually listening to your problem. Additionally the report writer and a few other features like email connectors can be super tricky to use. connectwise university helps but not as much as i would like. also i know i could use quote automate if there was more helpful resources out about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

CW is good overall. It's just not perfect yet. Make sure that you have 2 monitors when you go to use it because the formatting can be funky if you have only a small screen.

good CRM overall. improved organization and customer relationships. the marketing tab still needs work also

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about ConnectWise Manage
ConnectWise review by Laura N.
Laura N.

"ConnectWise Manage - Ability to Manage the Entire Business "

What do you like best?

ConnectWise Manage is great. We have been implementing for the last 10 months and this software will replace all other software we were using. The training has been great and the trainers we have used have been very patient.

What do you dislike?

The thing that I dislike the most about ConnectWise Manage is the huge learning curve it takes to work with this software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is a very steep learning curve. Test and test and ask questions and get support. Follow the university and make sure you understand the material covered in the trainings.

ConnectWise Manage is allowing us to get rid of all other software we had been using for sales and quoting, and engineering. Now we are all on the same platform, using one product instead of 5. This has been great for us and has helped us streamline our business.

What Help Desk solution do you use?

ConnectWise review by Dan N.
Dan N.

"Best Option"

What do you like best?

The best thing about ConnectWise Manage is the breadth of the solution. It addresses most business functions in one platform. While no software is perfect, the "almost end-to-end" practice management software for IT is the best I've seen for Managed Service Providers and other IT service companies.

What do you dislike?

The company's support process and policies are annoying. They appear to avoid phone conversations and direct communications at all cost. While I realize that they have to manage a lot of calls, other software companies are much warmer and friendlier when it comes to getting technical support with an actual human interaction.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start with the core functions your company needs the most. Build the foundation with company and contact management and then insist that processes and procedures get moved into ConnectWise Manage. Insist that your team uses it. "If it isn't in ConnectWise, it didn't happen".

ConnectWise helps us manage our contacts, opportunities, orders, service tickets, billing, and much of our customer documentation. A repeatable process and best-practice approach is the biggest benefit we receive.

ConnectWise review by Eric C.
Eric C.

"Solid platform with many features - still growing!"

What do you like best?

This platform does it all. There are various add ins that work with each other.

Support is great! Also incorporates all departments into the same platform.

What do you dislike?

Troubleshooting can be intensive. When something goes wrong, sometimes it is not apparent as to what is causing the error

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a one stop shop for MSPs. If you are looking for a ticketing system, that integrates with all of your needed departments, such as Accounts Receivable, Accounts payable, Shipping, Marketing, Sales, Administration, and more, this has features for all of them. CW Manage support is excellent and CW University offers a wealth of knowledge for their software and is extremely well written!

Utilizing CW Manage from a MSP standpoint, this serves as a ticketing system, help desk, tracking system, billing system, and sales solution. Coupled with ConnectWise Manage and other add ons this is a one-stop-shop for MSPs

ConnectWise review by Abigail W.
Abigail W.

"Gets the job done, but could be a better user experience"

What do you like best?

I like the simple-to-use search functionality under the Service Ticket Search section. I never have a hard time finding the ticket I am looking for, or properly categorizing a ticket. I also love that I can customize what tabs are automatically open when I log in. I like how it allows you to easily see budget vs. spent hours for each task in a project.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the look of ConnectWise - I think it could definitely use an upgrade. I use the reports section often and would love if I could create my own custom reports. Sometimes the current reports do not accurately or easily explain what data is included. I am also no stranger to errors on ConnectWise, but these are usually resolved by logging out and logging back in. Overall, ConnectWise take some time to learn, but once you do it is pretty straightforward.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ConnectWise gets the job done from setting up projects to invoicing clients.

We keep track of our hours with ConnectWise, and how much time is spent on each client's projects/tasks. We then use it to invoice our clients. The level of billable time in ConnectWise is even used to determine resources' quarterly and annual bonuses.

ConnectWise review by Seneca A.
Seneca A.

"Solid Ticket system with Great Connectors"

What do you like best?

I like the flexibility of the platform best. There are modules for everything that you could want, as well as the ability to build and run reports on what you have contained within the platform. It's easy to create list views to see things just the way that you want to see them, and to quickly move back and forth between different views, which I do often. The connection to Connect Wise Automate (formerly Labtech) for endpoint management is also a huge plus. Have tickets tied to the same database as computer and servers and other endpoints is extremely convenient.

What do you dislike?

The interface isn't the most intuitive that I've used. There are menus hidden within menus, and because the platform is so robust, I sometimes have a hard time finding exactly what I'm looking for. One easily seen example of this is looking for the location of where to add new categories and subcategories. Initially I had a very hard time finding this, but stumbled upon it when I was looking for another tool. Over time I'm sure that all of this will become second nature, but in the first 6 weeks of using the software, navigating around the interface has been my biggest hurdle.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This system is extremely robust. Have a plan and a map for exactly what you need out of the box, and then add additional features as you move along. The upside of what you can do can be overwhelming if not properly reigned in up front.

We're solving the problem of managing a large client base of varied user machines, servers, and the collateral that goes along with them in a single database with to user interfaces (Connectwise Manage and Connectwise Automate). It allows our team to all see the same data at the same time, and to manage our queue collaboratively no matter where we are. The cloud based nature of the database is a huge help in a sometimes geographically dispersed team who share the responsibility for tickets input into the system.

ConnectWise review by James B.
James B.

"Nice ticketing system"

What do you like best?

We switched from Autotask to Kaseya BLM (disaster) to CW. We really like CW, it's very powerful and comprehensive. Ticket management is very good. Inventory tracking and product ordering and RMAs are good. Entering time, products, notes is simple. Uptime is awesome, we haven't lost service once since we've had it.

What do you dislike?

I would like more keyboard shortcuts for some of the more routine actions. It looks a little plain but aesthetics are really pointless if the program doesn't do what it needs to do. I prefer functionality over the app being pretty and CW is very functional and powerful. I would definitely like a better mobile app, though none of the ticketing systems I've ever used have had a decent mobile app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's very comprehensive. It's the best ticket management system I've used next to Autotask.

CW keeps us organized and makes sure projects are being done. It helps a LOT with our scheduling because it integrates perfectly with Outlook. It keeps our inventory mostly in order and helps with RMA's, POs, etc. A user such as myself can add a product to a ticket and it will notify my administrator that the product needs to be purchased without having to email him back and forth. It also helps to resolve issues where employees SAY they're too busy but then their time sheets and actual hours committed to tickets are low.

ConnectWise review by Brandon S.
Brandon S.

"Average Ticketing System"

What do you like best?

It allows for automated assignment of tickets based on how a ticket is categorized. It also enables you to set up automatic email notifications based on the status chosen in a ticket.

What do you dislike?

GUI is crowded, but you get used to it after a while. You can be changing multiple fields in a ticket only to find out that you need to save the ticket before editing some other fields. To ensure Help Desk staff fill in everything on the ticket, it would be nice if there was a way to require certain fields to be filled in during the creation of the ticket, but Connectwise only allows you to create that requirement on custom fields. Also, I do not like that it does not allow for LDAP.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It works for basic Help Desk requirements, but I would say there are probably other better solutions out there.

It satisfies the basic Help Desk needs for a ticketing system.

ConnectWise review by Hannah W.
Hannah W.

"Great for some things, but feels a bit disjointed at times. Depends on what you need."

What do you like best?

ConnectWise Manage is a great time sheet system. It's excellent for granularity keeping track of time and assigning it to a charge code or ticket. this is a good ticketing system, and is pretty good at serving as a basic database for contacts and companies. There are so many features and capabilities of this software. ConnectWise University, their online resource can be very helpful.

What do you dislike?

It seems to glitch out pretty easily, especially on things like imports. Contact imports are really difficult, and can cause a lot of problems. This is not a great program for managing prospecting/sales activities in my opinion. It feels like there are so many features that it can be confusing to use at times. Could be more streamlined.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for ticketing, not necessarily for sales/prospecting.

Time sheet tracking - rather than simply clocking in and out, this timesheet system allows us to keep excellent track of exactly how much time is being spent where.

Responsiveness - because of the ease of the ticketing system and the ability to assign to teams and individuals, our techs are able to respond quickly.

Centralization - rather than having dozens of spreadsheets, ConnectWise allows us to keep all things in one place, which makes us more efficient.

ConnectWise review by Peter P.
Peter P.

"Powerful but convoluted"

What do you like best?

Ability to customize any workflow in an infinite amount of way. We have not found an issue we could not solve with ticketing, billing or management yet. The amount of other vendors it integrates with is huge.

What do you dislike?

Large and slow. The installer and installed size is large. The constant small updates slows service calls as we have to wait for it to update on almost every launch. The cloud version is terribly terribly slow to respond to any input in the app.

We are using CWM to run our ticketing system in house and for Clients. We also use it for billing and to track employees time and billable hours.

ConnectWise review by Nick S.
Nick S.

"Fantastic ticketing system, especially for MSPs"

What do you like best?

The flexibility in searching is probably the most powerful thing in ConnectWise Manage. You can search by any attribute of a ticket, which makes my job as a process manager much easier to do. I can choose to search by status and see everything that's in the "build/repair" status and quickly be able to see what needs to be worked on. It also means it's really easy to find a ticket even when a client doesn't have a ticket number, which is more often than not going to be the case. It also allows me to have several tabs open (another fantastic feature), each of which serve as a quick glance into a part of our process.

What do you dislike?

It's not perfect; I wish that I could customize more things about the platform so that I can quickly move from one thing to another. I often keep several tabs open and it would be nice to be able to label them by how I'm using them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ConnectWise is all-encompassing with their line of products and I can't recommend it enough.

It allows us to keep our client's issues organized. We can have as many as 200 tickets open for nearly 100 clients at any one time and I can't think of a better system to use to do that.

ConnectWise review by Administrator

"Connectwise Review"

What do you like best?

The ability to be able to bundle tickets together unlike other helpdesk software. Currently trialing Changegear/testing and that software is completely awful. ConnectWise is lightyears ahead as far as options.

What do you dislike?

The software doesn't integrate with AD so it makes you enter each contact/new contact. Too easy to make duplications for users. Sometimes the interface whether it be the thickclient or the web interface, seems to lag and take forever to save your changes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product to manage a technology help desk with. Been using it for about 3 years now and would not really consider moving away from it. All other software seems to lack where connectwise picks up the slack.

We Provide technology and services to our employees. Any problems that arise to do with technology it is easy to document, follow, and keep up with what is going on with the tickets. A great benefit of this product is that it allows you to manage different areas of technology independently of each other.

ConnectWise review by Consultant

"My experience with Connect Wise"

What do you like best?

I like the fact I can use a web version instead of the App, because it integrates better with the way I work. I get an email saying I have been assigned to a ticket, so I can then click the "View Ticket" button at the bottom of the email and it then opens that ticket in a new tab in my browser.

What do you dislike?

I dislike a lot of things about ConnectWise : the windows desktop App's lack of proper window management, lack of "open in new tab" when using middle mouse button click, the fact it opens another window to edit text when I try to copy text from an older entry in a ticket.

I also dislike the ios mobile App a lot, it doesn't even feature a timer for punching IN/OUT times at customer's. I also don't like the fact I can't access config screens if they havn't been attached to the service ticket.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Screenconnect works very good

Well it's a desktop management software, so we're basically just using the thing for ticketing and schedule management. I think any other similar software would allow us to do the same, so I don't consider that Connectwise itself helps solve problems.

ConnectWise review by Ahmed A.
Ahmed A.

"ConnectWise is the BEST business solution for any company with a ticketing system!"

What do you like best?

I love how organized everything is within the system. If I want to find an old ticket from 3 years ago that had important information in it, I can do just that with no effort. The different categories you can organize your tickets in ranges from a summary description, the current status of the ticket, the age of the ticket to a ticket number or the priority set for the ticket.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how often it goes down. It seems like there are server issues every other week. The server is hosted by Amazon, a very reliable host; However, I feel like there has been intermittent issues that need to be addressed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the training before you use it! You will learn a lot of cool tips and tricks! The last two companies I have worked for has used this ticketing system and the program has customizations to suite any companies needs!

There is little to no confusion about what status a ticket is in. Customers are getting helped faster. Tickets of high importance are being seen/addressed immediately while tickets that are not quite as important are being duly noted and addressed in a timely manner.

ConnectWise review by Steve R.
Steve R.

"Connectwise - full featured"

What do you like best?

Connectwise is a full featured PSA tool. What I like most about it is its ability to control our workflow in the Technical Services Department. We use it to generate tickets for work coming in and track all of our technicians work.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I don't really like about COnnectwise its it heavy client. It is a large install and the performance sometimes can be lacking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Work hard to stay on top of your data. Connectwise can get out of hand if you don't keep data accurate. Garbage in equals Garbage out is very relevant here.

Connectwise addresses many business needs for us. We do all ticket tracking and escalation via it and we also use it for all of our billing needs.

ConnectWise review by Sean P.
Sean P.

"ConectWise - Pretty solid!"

What do you like best?

How much functionality it has. I love that we can do our own e-mail marketing campaigns, it saves cost on other pay services, and we can create our own HTML e-mail exactly as we want it, plus send a survey, or any other type of follow-up, even see who opened the e-mail.

What do you dislike?

As with any cloud based company there is the occasional outage. We have experienced a couple short outages in the past few years, however tech support via chat is generally helpful and often aware of the issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As Connectwise grows so is their partner list, recently Watchguard has added them to their vendor list. We haven't connected or firewalls yet to connectwise, but the options it will give us with watchguard sound very exciting.

Billing and invoicing - Before Connectwise we were using an excel spreadsheet for ticket entries and e-mailing them in PDF form. Now connectwise manages our invoicing, e-mailing, agreement billing and sync's with Quickbooks.

ConnectWise review by User in Performing Arts
User in Performing Arts

"ConnectWise at a mid-size company"

What do you like best?

Invoicing syncs well with Quickbooks. Previous to using CW I was manually entering each invoice into QB, which took a lot more time. CW connects me to the PMs, as well as QB so it's an easy one-stop.

What do you dislike?

The software is incredibly expensive, and any additional help comes at an additional cost. This matters, because transitioning to ConnectWise is cumbersome and you will need all the help you can get.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm not sure that this software is the best for all companies. It isn't very flexible, so if you are just starting out and can conform to the available structure it might resonate well with you and your company. Otherwise, it could be useful in bits and pieces but may not be possible to fully transition over. Because of the cost to use, it would be most valuable to a company that can take advantage of everything it offers.

Invoicing takes less of our PM's time than our previous method. There was a steep learning curve, however, so in the early days of transitioning it didn't seem like it was saving time at all-- that has now balanced out.

ConnectWise review by Administrator

"Great product with lots of potential, but lots of work to get there"

What do you like best?

I like the flexibility it offers and the amount of information that can be obtained about a ticket. It is also an invaluable tool for scheduling service with our customers and making sure that our techs are staying busy. The Project Management features are excellent, as well.

What do you dislike?

The onboarding process is painful, to say the least. It takes a LOT of time and effort to get things set up properly. The sales/onboarding team likes to say that CW just needs to be tailored to fit our business model but we've found that there are some processes that were designed to work a certain way, and can't be changed. This would mostly be fine if they would just TELL you what work flow it was designed for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Unless you are a brand new MSP, expect a long onboarding process. It will definitely help in the long run and I feel like it is worth it, eventually.

Improved communication with customers, and automation to raise flags on tickets that need attention. Saving time and increase standardization with ticket and project templates. Saving time by not having to duplicate data entry between documentation platform, RMM and PSA through integration.

ConnectWise review by Julee C.
Julee C.

"From many to one"

What do you like best?

That all of our needs are met in one software - Client containment, sales, support. The process that is used for updating the product and alerting the end user to what is coming. That support is so responsive.

What do you dislike?

When the updates that are made affect my workflow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Map out your plan ahead of time. Speak to other users of the system before implementing - see if first hand. Go to ITNation.

We went from 3 software products to 1 when we chose ConnectWise. Organization improved, time management improved, decreased lost tickets and dissatisfied clients.

"A work in progress"

What do you like best?

I can almost live in ConnectWise, in that I have contact info, appointments, tickets, configurations and more all in one place. Customizable module layout. Ability to use with Watchman Monitoring.

What do you dislike?

Mobile app needs more development (a lot more, says the iOS 11.2.2 iPhone X user). Browser access needs to conform to standards. For example, when I use a shortcut to go to the beginning of a line (or maybe it’s a word), CW tries to go back a page. I have lost work this way. No other web page does this. The look of it also feels very dated. Needs more customizable views (e.g., when looking at my time entries before submission, why is there no option to show the ticket status so I don’t have to go into each one individually to confirm I closed them?). Needs CalDAV and CardDAV support so my calendar shows events when I assign myself a ticket and so that contacts in CW can be accessed when I ask Siri for directions to the client. In other words, it needs to be faster, more fluid, easier to use with modern tools like Siri, less clunky, generally.

Again, having everything more or less contained in one system is helpful.

ConnectWise review by User in Information Technology and Services

"ConnectWise Manage is what has made our IT so successful!"

What do you like best?

The service and project ticket management system is amazing. Manage allows us to prioritize incoming requests and triage what is most important. For project tickets, it allows me to see everything relevant at a glance and schedule efficiently.

What do you dislike?

The permissions trees have grown rather wild over the last few updates as new features have been added. Often we find that certain job roles are no longer able to do things until we isolate the change and fix the permissions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Assign a team of 2-3 people to be your subject matter experts. There is a large learning curve and it helped to have people on our staff that could do setup, coordinate training, etc.

We use it for a range of things related to IT such as our helpdesk, project management, and account services. We used to have these all done by seperate programs but now ConnectWise Manage allows us to do it all in one place.

ConnectWise review by Randy D.
Randy D.

"Connectwise is the backbone of our company. If it's not in Connectwise, it didn't happen."

What do you like best?

We really like the on premise capabilty, running our own server, tied to our own SQL data.

Remember, on premise can be your own AWS instance or the likes.

For small and medium sized MSP's (Managed Service Providers) and Service Organizaitons,

that is between 4 and 40 technicians, Connectwise is a complete system.

If you are smaller, this may not be for you. Stick to the subscription model.

If you are really big, you may like the API's and customization here, but you may already have bigger software.

But, if you are the vast majority of business IT support, then this is the one.

What do you dislike?

The software is based on the .NET platform, which is starting to show it's age.

The latest version did move to the newest .NET feature set, and works well with 365 now.

It handles quoting and invoicing, time tracking and service billing, project management and management reporting.

Our customers love having a one page invoice, with 18 pages of time detail available behind it.

We use it to drive our incentive based pay model.

We use it to ensure a consistent onboarding experience for new clients.

We use it for the sales and marketing tracks and automated workflows.

We use it to keep things from falling through the cracks, like SSL renewal or UPS battery replacement in 3 years.

ConnectWise review by Kurien K.
Kurien K.

"complex but complete as in all in one solution for Helpdesk solution"

What do you like best?

The features of connectwise is amazing. The funtionality it provides it beyond amazing. It is a bit complex at first but the ability to navigate through its windows takes some getting used to. Connectwise university was a very helpful feature. The ticketing feature is absolutely it's best feature. It also has the ability to store contacts and passwords under a company and that was very helpful.

What do you dislike?

There were certain times when I was saving records that hitting save did not work and all the data I input was not saved causing me to have to input it again. The program otherwise was much better than anything I have used in the past.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it and you'll love it

The ticking system was the issue and this provides the solution to that issue. This is one of the better ticketing systems that I have seen and it abilities are very wide and has a lot of potential. The abilites of connectwise allow you to store username and passwords under different companies and store multiple records under said account which is very helpful and when needing to reference one of them it is quick and easy to find.

ConnectWise review by Donovon C.
Donovon C.

"Ticketing and Business Management, made easy"

What do you like best?

My current position as a Help Desk Analyst introduced me to ConnectWise after years of using competing products. I had heard about ConnectWise, but never had the time to get properly introduced. As part of my onboarding, I spent several weeks going through ConnectWise University, a fantastic training program for intermediate and advanced users. The ability to revisit the ConnectWise University to expand your knowledge of the tool really adds value to ConnectWise. Many other ticketing systems have a knowledge base, but few provide as much depth as ConnectWise U. Any tool is only as effective as the person using it, so having training options like ConnectWise University empowers the user to go farther than they could on their own with what is a very powerful ticketing and business management system.

What do you dislike?

Because of the power and depth of the system, it can be somewhat daunting to familiarize yourself and take advantage of all that ConnectWise can do. Fortunately, the University aids in some of this, but there really is no replacement for first hand experience. It took me about a week to get comfortable performing my daily tasks in connectwise, but at the end of that time I was able to start advancing my knowledge and utilization habits.

From time to time we have some slowness issues with the system. I believe this is due to our hosting situation for the application, so I don't think that's a knock on the product, but wanted to include it. Additionally, the mobile app for iPhone is somewhat antiquated and not very intuitive. It would be nice to easily be able to record time in a ticket from a mobile device.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take your time and implement it correctly. Provide your users with adequate time to go through the university and be trained. Once implemented, ensure that users can customize the experience to be effective in their roles.

ConnectWise is the core line of business application for our company. We use ConnectWise to generate invoices, track time, track tickets, track inventory, track sales, customer relationships as well as projects and event management. We also use the calendaring to keep track of employees. Having our business in ConnectWise gives us a centralized place to keep all of our information. It gives us the ability to track everything that happens within the company, search it and report on it. As an IT services organization, tracking work, as well as the documentation and solutions, is pivotal to providing excellent service to our customers.

ConnectWise review by Brandon K.
Brandon K.

"I use it daily for a company that we support "

What do you like best?

I like how it does in crash like some of the software and seems basic but has a lot of features to wear you dont need to use different software to run the helpdesk

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can freak out and have to clear the cache and you also have to restart and re-login to get it back up and running

We are using it have all of the devices that we have spread out and able to have them saved in one place and able to tag which one is related to that ticket

ConnectWise review by Andrew S.
Andrew S.

"The Premier CRM for MSPs"

What do you like best?

Very robust and powerful, especially the Service Desk. Very reliable and bug-free. Can do as much as you are willing to make it do.

What do you dislike?

The support has been up and down over the years. As they rebrand and make internal changes, we have noticed dips in the quality of support. Also, some of the functions such as projects aren't that well implemented.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're an MSP, this is the gold standard tool. Some of the other products out there may have different features that are a little more progressive, but they're often poortly implemented.

We do all of our business backend with it. All of our customer data, billing and our entire service desk is done in Manage.

ConnectWise review by Lonnie E.
Lonnie E.

"Connectwise is THE best CRM on the market. "

What do you like best?

Connectwise manage offers so many features and is so easy to use. You can jump from service tickets to time sheets to reports so quickly either by navigating to each one or using different tabs! They offers a knowledge center called connectwise University where they teach you every feature, how to use it, and how to customize the software to your liking. It is a dream come true for resellers.

What do you dislike?

It is very hard to find things to dislike as the connectwise team has gotten out most of the bugs. If I had to choose one, it would be that we have had many problems with the system crashing or taking a long time to load. Luckily connectwise support is very responsive and sometimes even just clearing the cache is enough to get it working again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely use this for your CRM and help desk software. You will not be disappointed. It is so easy to use, the support is great, and you'll have perfect records of your clients.

We are easily able to keep track of customer accounts and can communicate efficiently through the ticketing system. We realized we have a perfect timestamped history of every customer and every interaction!

ConnectWise review by Brian D.
Brian D.

"Connectwise helps my clients focus on the big picture"

What do you like best?

The end to end view throughout the customer lifecycle. The system drives a defined process managing a customer from prospect to sale to project and then allowing for easy ongoing support. Vast 3rd party integrations allow freedom of choice for RMM, Documentation, analytics, and asset management while still remaining the single plane of glass for your operation.

What do you dislike?

Improved reporting and easier navigation would help the overall user experience.

Sales to operations project handoff. The sales opportunity closing conversion to a project carrying all quoted parts forward has reduced incorrect purchading and uneeded inventory reducing project profit erosion.

ConnectWise review by James R.
James R.

"Top PSA in the Industry for a reason"

What do you like best?

ConnectWise is a very mature product with a mature feature-set. It is also very extensible so you can use just the core product or plug in other elements from quoting to RMM and much more.

What do you dislike?

As ConnectWise has grown rapidly, the quality of the sales department is hit or miss. Sometimes you get a great sales person but, sometimes, you don't.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you plan to spend time implementing. This isn't a flaw in the product as much as it is related to the fact that ConnectWise is very mature. In your implementation, instead of always trying to force ConnectWise to do whatever you want it to do (In most cases, this can be done), ask why it is designed the way it is and if you should adapt.

Collaboration of teams, single place for content.

ConnectWise review by Taylor C.
Taylor C.

"Decent, but complex..."

What do you like best?

We love using CW Manage overall. We've been using it since 2011. Solid product. TONS of options and things to change/adjust. Very powerful and customizable.

What do you dislike?

So complex that it will give you a headache at times. Seems to be a better fit for more strict (larger) IT companies. We sometimes fly by the seat of our pants and this product doesn't like that. Billing can be a nightmare sometimes, depending on what you're doing with agreements/contracts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Evaluate other solutions before choosing this. It's a huge commitment.

Time tracking / Issue tracking / credential tracking / Billing

ConnectWise review by User in Computer Networking
User in Computer Networking

"Full Help Desk GUI"

What do you like best?

You can basically customize your interface easily to show up the most important tasks, another tab will open the calendar on a side, this calendar can be sync automatically with your outlook therefore Exchange/Office 365 as well

The screen connect feature will allow you an easy remote access with users, customers etc...

So many features already embedded and then to add

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the engine can be a little slow, and depending on the browser you use, also few glitches sometimes.

Also the status is not complete enough sometimes.

Mostly Help desk cases, tickets but also now projects for server migration, firewall set up, and also workflow with my team when a customer needs a new quote therefore we transfer to the account manager

ConnectWise review by Katharine P.
Katharine P.

"Use connectwise for time tracking and receiving job information for projects"

What do you like best?

I like that I am able to do both time tracking and ticket tracking in one program.

What do you dislike?

The training videos are horrible. It does not do a good job of telling you how to use the program at all. The dashboards are also very hard to read. I wish there was more of a collaborative vibe to the program as a whole. It's very static. The program also takes forever to load.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a tech desk then this is for you. If you are an agency then I advise looking at other programs.

we realize the benefit of being able to bill and time track in the same program that we use for workflow. It helped us streamline our work down to one program. (excluding email and calendar)

ConnectWise review by Rick M.
Rick M.

"ConnectWise review"

What do you like best?

Easy to use.

All of the PSA tools allow you to manage tickets pretty well. I like the integration with LabTech and other 3rd party software. It gives you a lot of flexibility and helps us become more efficient.

What do you dislike?

I prefer to use KB shortcuts, and they could use a few more.

I don't like the web versions of software as well as fat clients. It just takes longer to navigate.

The flexibility is a strength and weakness. We had to change our contracts a handful of times to get them right.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Implementation takes time and planning. Plan and talk with other current users otherwise you end up redoing some of your setup.

The ticket communication and automation keeps the clients informed of their ticket status and improves customer service.

ConnectWise review by User

"Time Saver"

What do you like best?

The number of customizations and workflows I can build have saved me hours a month and we've barely scratched the surface. Nearly everything we use integrates directly and makes it easy to stay up to date with what's going on with our clients.

What do you dislike?

There is a steep learning curve and can be a little faster in my opinion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't sign up for their implementation/training, use a third-party consultant instead. They'll be able to guide you on what you need for your particular needs. CW gives you an overall idea but won't help with specifics.

Communication on tickets and projects with clients has improved. We've been able to eliminate administrative steps when it comes to time tracking against agreements and invoicing.

ConnectWise review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Does the job, however, not close to the functionality of SalesForce.com"

What do you like best?

I do like its simple platform. There were a lot more naming conventions and too many duplicates with SalesForce.com, I am not finding this to be the case in ConnectWise. Mobile app is okay.

What do you dislike?

Mobile app could be a lot better, very basic to me. Importing contacts into ConnectWise is a challenge, algorithm in place doesn't seem to like it if there is already an account in there yet the contacts that were first entered in will duplicate with a new list. Makes for more manual work. Also dislike how there is no feature functionality that comes with the basic software to be able to click on a contact phone number and have it dial for you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do a comparison with other major players out there. Make sure that it fits for your business and people. Ask around for recommendations, if others have used it or not, and if there are better ones out there.

I use ConnectWise for sales new sales opportunities only as required by my company. I also use it for new contact uploading, territory assignments, notes, activities, expense reports, etc... Helping me set reminders, yet I am using that and tasks provided by outlook 50/50.

ConnectWise review by Stephen H.
Stephen H.

"A PSA tool that tries too hard but all too often falls too short"

What do you like best?

Great if you have processes already in place to mould the system to. The ticketing system and projects are good, agreement handling works well - many solutions often skip over this vital feature required by support companies - I am looking at your Zendesk!

What do you dislike?

While ConnectWise is a great tool it tries to do too much without much completeness, it comes from an antiquated Windows I.E framework, the web interface has gotten much better over the years but seriously we are in 2016 not 1996 the whole system should be Web enabled by now!

The interface is clunky, I have worked at 3 companies that use ConnectWise, and I also evaluated it many years ago, almost everyone who uses it finds it clunky, cumbersome, annoying, frustrating and slooow.

For such a mature player in the market there are a lot of fundamental things missing - especially reports - information and data is key yet its sorely lacking in ConnectWise out of the box.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use something else, look at lots of other options and only when you are ready to invest a serious amount of time and money then consider ConnectWise.

Business automation, the only benefit is having structure to a support framework

There a more benefits from other solutions.

ConnectWise review by Daryl C.
Daryl C.

"If it is not in ConnectWise; then it didn't happen."

What do you like best?

I have been using CW since mid 2009. I keep track of not only my business Tickets but my personal life as well. CW is a tool I use every day...even on Christmas.

What do you dislike?

CW has grown exponentially over the years. In doing so things seem to get added willy-nilly without Unfortunately CW has not kept up with going back and ensuring a homogenous feel throughout.

In addition, and perhaps the most important dislike is the app can be somewhat nasty to fully understand. While CW does offer online documentation it certainly fails. With this in mind CW does offer Consulting Services at, in my opinion, a pretty good sack full of gold coins. This frustrates me because you pay a premium for the software then undoubtable must pay a consultant to implement correctly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend so much MORE time in the very beginning to implement right!!! My granddad always said, 'If you do not have time to do it right the first time, when do you have the time to do it over?'

This was absolutely my biggest mistake with CW...and regretfully I have been paying for it ever since. I am only implementing a small portion of the over all features...and regrettably will never be able to go back.

Even with my dislikes I have not only drank from the CW Kool-Aide but I do mix it up for others. I use CW for not only my Technology Management Company but my personal life and with my other business ventures as well.

ConnectWise review by User

"We love using ConnectWise"

What do you like best?

The ease to communicate throughout our entire company within service tickets. I also like the marketing feature to send emails right from within ConnectWise contacts.

What do you dislike?

For our business we would like to add more information per company. Also if you respond to a ticket it goes to other people in the ticket that may not need it. Lastly, permissions make it hard to do certain things with out asking someone to allow us to do anything.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great service if you have technicians who need to work on tickets. It is easy for customers to send tickets as well

The connection between all departments. ConnectWise provides a uniform platform for techs, sales, and administration to collaborate.

ConnectWise review by Caroline A.
Caroline A.

"All-in-one project management tool"

What do you like best?

ConnectWise is easy to use and makes project sharing and time entry very easy.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the desktop version of ConnectWise will time out, and it will take me a few hours to get it back up and running again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ConnectWise can seem a bit overwhelming at first, but once you start using it for scheduling projects and managing time entry, you'll catch on in no time.

Project management, assigning tickets

We have found the best way to streamline client projects and retainers through ConnectWise ticket scheduling.

ConnectWise review by Don P.
Don P.

"ConnectWise Manage Review"

What do you like best?

I like how simple it is to navigate through the ConnectWise Console. I did not have any formal training and I was able to figure out how to use it within minutes.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the web console features available. It is a lot easier to use the mobile version of the application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try! There are a lot of nice features with this application.

The benefits of using ConnectWise are endless. I am able to track time, expenses, service tickets and a lot more!

ConnectWise review by Glen G.
Glen G.

"Good, but not for HR, Payroll, etc"

What do you like best?

It's a pretty robust system that can be used effectively in most departments of a company.

What do you dislike?

The HR, payroll and timekeeping functions are not great. You have to try and customize these areas to work for your particular business, then hope it can integrate into your payroll system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are using this as your sole timekeeping and payroll solution, make sure it can integrate with your accounting system.

More efficiency in the business overall. Automation. Better client experience and response times.

ConnectWise review by Stana S.
Stana S.

"If you are an MSP then you have to have ConnectWise!! "

What do you like best?

Everything!! I purchased on premise ConnectWise over 6 years ago and it transformed my company!

It really does pay for itself in found revenue. Time gets put into the system and invoiced! I always believed in documentation of service which stop clients objections to dollar amounts on invoices so it took us a very long time to write up the service, format it, email it to the client from Word.

ConnectWise solved all our issues with documentation of tickets and configurations.

I can see engineers weekly time at a glance

Everything is done in ConnectWise from purchasing to invoicing.

What do you dislike?

Where you input your time in a ticket does not have the client phone number and I always open my time entry right before I call the client and forget to get the phone number first.

Seriously that is all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bring all your department heads into the implementation. Do the training!!! Think thru all settings. Some things can not be changed in the future so you need to make the right decisions in the beginning. There are a couple user fields that I wish we had not used the way we did but they now have data in them so I can't change them.

Look at what other applications you use and see if they integrate with ConnectWise.

Look for vendors that integrate with ConnectWise it will make your billing, agreements and reporting awesome!!

Tracking service trends, maintaining client vendor information and client users passwords.

We captured more billable time and increased our revenue.

ConnectWise review by Matt Z.
Matt Z.

"Great Product that helps productivity."

What do you like best?

I enjoy the feeling that I can come into the office open one program and see what I need to see to get my day started and have my workflow begin.

What do you dislike?

There is one particular thing that I do dislike in that every time that I come into work if I locked my computer I will get an error on the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is great and you will be happy with it.

We are solving time management and scheduling issues. I have used other software like this but none are this easy and seamless. I also take advantage of the mobile features.

ConnectWise review by Vinod M. M.
Vinod M. M.

"Review of Connectwise"

What do you like best?

I like that it is specialized for my industry. It allows me to do everything form quoting , to projects , to billing

What do you dislike?

i dislike that there are many times where the program is running SLOW as dirt and it causes issues when trying to get items for clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

consider all the integrations you are doing and value the customer feedback.

I recently called and ask for automation when converting a quote to a project but its not available as options right now.

we are able to keep all our contacts in one platform which allows us to review all contracts, bills, invoices, etc. at any time for that particular client. VERY HUGE FOR US

ConnectWise review by Vincent M.
Vincent M.

"Usable"

What do you like best?

Its a very powerful tool with lots of customizations on views and reports. It's also widely used, so it can integrate with a number of other programs.

What do you dislike?

The UX is terrible and doesnt have good flow. Still uses MySQL so it is very slow, though not as slow as CW Automate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It’s certainly not the worst, but there are better.

It is our trouble ticket management system. Our engineers use the software day in and day out.

ConnectWise review by Elizabeth M.
Elizabeth M.

"Helpful but could use inprovement"

What do you like best?

I like how i'm able to automate some processes and keep contact information all in one place for the most part. I do like the ticketing system, it's something i've gotten very used to over the years. It does outline my schedule on the home page and it seems very personalized at the same time. It also provides internal links that could be useful for success in my role. Overall pretty user friendly.

What do you dislike?

Even though i'm able to automate some things, there is still a good amount of human error that occurs. I also find that it can be organized a little bit better. I have found issues with the outlook extension. Is there a way to better that?

Im able to easily invoice and uninvoice tickets. Company information is easily accessible when needed to solve an issue.

ConnectWise review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Connectwise Review"

What do you like best?

Connectwise allows our company to have pertinent information about our clients and their assets at our fingertips. The ticketing system is great and gives awesome insight into our techs.

What do you dislike?

The biggest drawback is they should have a better integration with their other product Connectwise Control (formally Labtech). The integration is clumsy and hard to configure. Also, their customer portal is a 2 on a scale of 10. As a result we are forced to use a third party application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get specific details about implementation and what is included.

How to be the best at customer service. Connectwise allows us to have a single pane of glass to see tickets form our customers. This makes it easy to ensure that issues are being addressed in a timely manner.

ConnectWise review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Connectwise Billing Functionality"

What do you like best?

The QuickBooks integration and invoice creation is great. Time intensive to set up correctly and smoothly, and takes a lot of work to set up the GL, but once it's all set up, it's great to click click and have invoices populated in Quickbooks.

timesheet and ticket calculations - these can be complex multipliers, and Connectwise set up is time intensive, but again, once it's set up, it's a simple click.

Service Agreement specifications - easily changes and customized

What do you dislike?

very finicky and picky. There are a lot of settings and usage requirements that require checking small boxes that are easily missed, or easily blend in with fields and veiws.

There is no 'save preferences' or 'lock access' features on the technician entry side, there a lot of reviewing and editing is required by the billing department to eliminate errors initiated by the technicians.

There's no easy way to bill half a project upfront, and bill the rest once the work is done on the same project ticket and invoice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product feels a bit clunky, and the timesheet - technician tracking would be better if it looped into payroll reports.

Solving the issue of billing across different rates, agreements, discounts, and specifications unique to each client.

Also maintaining consistent billing despite different types of service agreements that are past, present, and future.

Connectwise saves a huge amount of time for the billing department in calculating bi-monthly billing for technician timesheet and service ticket time entries. Invoice creation and Quickbooks integration has a huge effect on efficiency

ConnectWise review by Consultant

"Excellent Management solution for MSPs or SMB IT departments"

What do you like best?

The functionality is robust out of the box and setup is rather logical and self-explanatory (unlike, say, Salesforce). The company is great to deal with and truly cares about their client base and optimizing their product based on feedback. Pricing is reasonable - more than a basic CRM but less than competing platforms like SF or MS. Application has sufficient customization options and API has reached maturity. Database is very logically designed allowing you to build custom reports and manage by exception, create a data driven culture, etc.

What do you dislike?

There are certain limitations that appear to be a result of legacy code - eg, the security cannot be as granular as competing platforms and workflows aren't as complex in nature (even when overlapping with "tracks") as some of the competition's offerings.

Recommendations to others considering the product

At the end of the day, there isn't really anything "better" out there yet. Competitors are trying very hard to take the good of ConnectWise, and eliminate the pitfalls that it has. Some are getting very close, I hope this drives ConnectWise to make some major changes in the very near future because we really do not want to have to change.

It is a great piece of software for managing, tracking, and reporting on tickets in a service environment.

ConnectWise review by Christopher M.
Christopher M.

"Strong Backoffice Tool for MSP"

What do you like best?

I had worked with AutoTask before and though it took me a little while to get used to the navigation this is very user friendly. I like the ease of search and some of the sales funnel features.

What do you dislike?

The Customer section. When creating new customers and opportunities this platform is not as intuitive as AutoTask. The design could use some work too. We work out of Salesforce for the majority of opportunities because of this and utilize this for the last mile per se (From signature as a client and beyond). This causes some double entry.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The price is right but you will want to demo this to make sure it delivers everywhere you would expect it to.

This gives us a snapshot of our funnel while managing expenses, clients, etc. It is nice to have a large portion in one spot.

Learning about ConnectWise Manage?

* We monitor all ConnectWise Manage reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.