ConnectWise Manage

ConnectWise Manage

Business Automation and PSA

Work for ConnectWise Manage?

Learning about ConnectWise?

ConnectWise Manage Reviews

Ask ConnectWise a Question
Showing 238 ConnectWise reviews
ConnectWise review by LeEdna T.
LeEdna T.

"Amazing all in one product"

What do you like best?

This is a complete solution for any IT or small/medium sized business. Its nice that you can look up almost any detail about a customer and have complete visibility on transactions with your customers. CW comes with something for every department: Sales, billing, marketing, and help desk. A majority of the features are very easy to use but if i come across something complex on cw its usually VERY complex.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes connectwise goes down. Customeer service can be ok or rreally really rude. they love to just throw articles at you from the faq's as opposed to actually listening to your problem. Additionally the report writer and a few other features like email connectors can be super tricky to use. connectwise university helps but not as much as i would like. also i know i could use quote automate if there was more helpful resources out about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

CW is good overall. It's just not perfect yet. Make sure that you have 2 monitors when you go to use it because the formatting can be funky if you have only a small screen.

good CRM overall. improved organization and customer relationships. the marketing tab still needs work also

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about ConnectWise Manage
ConnectWise review by Dan N.
Dan N.

"Best Option"

What do you like best?

The best thing about ConnectWise Manage is the breadth of the solution. It addresses most business functions in one platform. While no software is perfect, the "almost end-to-end" practice management software for IT is the best I've seen for Managed Service Providers and other IT service companies.

What do you dislike?

The company's support process and policies are annoying. They appear to avoid phone conversations and direct communications at all cost. While I realize that they have to manage a lot of calls, other software companies are much warmer and friendlier when it comes to getting technical support with an actual human interaction.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start with the core functions your company needs the most. Build the foundation with company and contact management and then insist that processes and procedures get moved into ConnectWise Manage. Insist that your team uses it. "If it isn't in ConnectWise, it didn't happen".

ConnectWise helps us manage our contacts, opportunities, orders, service tickets, billing, and much of our customer documentation. A repeatable process and best-practice approach is the biggest benefit we receive.

What Help Desk solution do you use?

ConnectWise review by Eric C.
Eric C.

"Solid platform with many features - still growing!"

What do you like best?

This platform does it all. There are various add ins that work with each other.

Support is great! Also incorporates all departments into the same platform.

What do you dislike?

Troubleshooting can be intensive. When something goes wrong, sometimes it is not apparent as to what is causing the error

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a one stop shop for MSPs. If you are looking for a ticketing system, that integrates with all of your needed departments, such as Accounts Receivable, Accounts payable, Shipping, Marketing, Sales, Administration, and more, this has features for all of them. CW Manage support is excellent and CW University offers a wealth of knowledge for their software and is extremely well written!

Utilizing CW Manage from a MSP standpoint, this serves as a ticketing system, help desk, tracking system, billing system, and sales solution. Coupled with ConnectWise Manage and other add ons this is a one-stop-shop for MSPs

ConnectWise review by Abigail W.
Abigail W.

"Gets the job done, but could be a better user experience"

What do you like best?

I like the simple-to-use search functionality under the Service Ticket Search section. I never have a hard time finding the ticket I am looking for, or properly categorizing a ticket. I also love that I can customize what tabs are automatically open when I log in. I like how it allows you to easily see budget vs. spent hours for each task in a project.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the look of ConnectWise - I think it could definitely use an upgrade. I use the reports section often and would love if I could create my own custom reports. Sometimes the current reports do not accurately or easily explain what data is included. I am also no stranger to errors on ConnectWise, but these are usually resolved by logging out and logging back in. Overall, ConnectWise take some time to learn, but once you do it is pretty straightforward.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ConnectWise gets the job done from setting up projects to invoicing clients.

We keep track of our hours with ConnectWise, and how much time is spent on each client's projects/tasks. We then use it to invoice our clients. The level of billable time in ConnectWise is even used to determine resources' quarterly and annual bonuses.

ConnectWise review by Seneca A.
Seneca A.

"Solid Ticket system with Great Connectors"

What do you like best?

I like the flexibility of the platform best. There are modules for everything that you could want, as well as the ability to build and run reports on what you have contained within the platform. It's easy to create list views to see things just the way that you want to see them, and to quickly move back and forth between different views, which I do often. The connection to Connect Wise Automate (formerly Labtech) for endpoint management is also a huge plus. Have tickets tied to the same database as computer and servers and other endpoints is extremely convenient.

What do you dislike?

The interface isn't the most intuitive that I've used. There are menus hidden within menus, and because the platform is so robust, I sometimes have a hard time finding exactly what I'm looking for. One easily seen example of this is looking for the location of where to add new categories and subcategories. Initially I had a very hard time finding this, but stumbled upon it when I was looking for another tool. Over time I'm sure that all of this will become second nature, but in the first 6 weeks of using the software, navigating around the interface has been my biggest hurdle.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This system is extremely robust. Have a plan and a map for exactly what you need out of the box, and then add additional features as you move along. The upside of what you can do can be overwhelming if not properly reigned in up front.

We're solving the problem of managing a large client base of varied user machines, servers, and the collateral that goes along with them in a single database with to user interfaces (Connectwise Manage and Connectwise Automate). It allows our team to all see the same data at the same time, and to manage our queue collaboratively no matter where we are. The cloud based nature of the database is a huge help in a sometimes geographically dispersed team who share the responsibility for tickets input into the system.

ConnectWise review by James B.
James B.

"Nice ticketing system"

What do you like best?

We switched from Autotask to Kaseya BLM (disaster) to CW. We really like CW, it's very powerful and comprehensive. Ticket management is very good. Inventory tracking and product ordering and RMAs are good. Entering time, products, notes is simple. Uptime is awesome, we haven't lost service once since we've had it.

What do you dislike?

I would like more keyboard shortcuts for some of the more routine actions. It looks a little plain but aesthetics are really pointless if the program doesn't do what it needs to do. I prefer functionality over the app being pretty and CW is very functional and powerful. I would definitely like a better mobile app, though none of the ticketing systems I've ever used have had a decent mobile app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's very comprehensive. It's the best ticket management system I've used next to Autotask.

CW keeps us organized and makes sure projects are being done. It helps a LOT with our scheduling because it integrates perfectly with Outlook. It keeps our inventory mostly in order and helps with RMA's, POs, etc. A user such as myself can add a product to a ticket and it will notify my administrator that the product needs to be purchased without having to email him back and forth. It also helps to resolve issues where employees SAY they're too busy but then their time sheets and actual hours committed to tickets are low.

ConnectWise review by Brandon S.
Brandon S.

"Average Ticketing System"

What do you like best?

It allows for automated assignment of tickets based on how a ticket is categorized. It also enables you to set up automatic email notifications based on the status chosen in a ticket.

What do you dislike?

GUI is crowded, but you get used to it after a while. You can be changing multiple fields in a ticket only to find out that you need to save the ticket before editing some other fields. To ensure Help Desk staff fill in everything on the ticket, it would be nice if there was a way to require certain fields to be filled in during the creation of the ticket, but Connectwise only allows you to create that requirement on custom fields. Also, I do not like that it does not allow for LDAP.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It works for basic Help Desk requirements, but I would say there are probably other better solutions out there.

It satisfies the basic Help Desk needs for a ticketing system.

ConnectWise review by Nick S.
Nick S.

"Fantastic ticketing system, especially for MSPs"

What do you like best?

The flexibility in searching is probably the most powerful thing in ConnectWise Manage. You can search by any attribute of a ticket, which makes my job as a process manager much easier to do. I can choose to search by status and see everything that's in the "build/repair" status and quickly be able to see what needs to be worked on. It also means it's really easy to find a ticket even when a client doesn't have a ticket number, which is more often than not going to be the case. It also allows me to have several tabs open (another fantastic feature), each of which serve as a quick glance into a part of our process.

What do you dislike?

It's not perfect; I wish that I could customize more things about the platform so that I can quickly move from one thing to another. I often keep several tabs open and it would be nice to be able to label them by how I'm using them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ConnectWise is all-encompassing with their line of products and I can't recommend it enough.

It allows us to keep our client's issues organized. We can have as many as 200 tickets open for nearly 100 clients at any one time and I can't think of a better system to use to do that.

"Connectwise Review"

What do you like best?

The ability to be able to bundle tickets together unlike other helpdesk software. Currently trialing Changegear/testing and that software is completely awful. ConnectWise is lightyears ahead as far as options.

What do you dislike?

The software doesn't integrate with AD so it makes you enter each contact/new contact. Too easy to make duplications for users. Sometimes the interface whether it be the thickclient or the web interface, seems to lag and take forever to save your changes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product to manage a technology help desk with. Been using it for about 3 years now and would not really consider moving away from it. All other software seems to lack where connectwise picks up the slack.

We Provide technology and services to our employees. Any problems that arise to do with technology it is easy to document, follow, and keep up with what is going on with the tickets. A great benefit of this product is that it allows you to manage different areas of technology independently of each other.

ConnectWise review by Consultant

"My experience with Connect Wise"

What do you like best?

I like the fact I can use a web version instead of the App, because it integrates better with the way I work. I get an email saying I have been assigned to a ticket, so I can then click the "View Ticket" button at the bottom of the email and it then opens that ticket in a new tab in my browser.

What do you dislike?

I dislike a lot of things about ConnectWise : the windows desktop App's lack of proper window management, lack of "open in new tab" when using middle mouse button click, the fact it opens another window to edit text when I try to copy text from an older entry in a ticket.

I also dislike the ios mobile App a lot, it doesn't even feature a timer for punching IN/OUT times at customer's. I also don't like the fact I can't access config screens if they havn't been attached to the service ticket.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Screenconnect works very good

Well it's a desktop management software, so we're basically just using the thing for ticketing and schedule management. I think any other similar software would allow us to do the same, so I don't consider that Connectwise itself helps solve problems.

ConnectWise review by Ahmed A.
Ahmed A.

"ConnectWise is the BEST business solution for any company with a ticketing system!"

What do you like best?

I love how organized everything is within the system. If I want to find an old ticket from 3 years ago that had important information in it, I can do just that with no effort. The different categories you can organize your tickets in ranges from a summary description, the current status of the ticket, the age of the ticket to a ticket number or the priority set for the ticket.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how often it goes down. It seems like there are server issues every other week. The server is hosted by Amazon, a very reliable host; However, I feel like there has been intermittent issues that need to be addressed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the training before you use it! You will learn a lot of cool tips and tricks! The last two companies I have worked for has used this ticketing system and the program has customizations to suite any companies needs!

There is little to no confusion about what status a ticket is in. Customers are getting helped faster. Tickets of high importance are being seen/addressed immediately while tickets that are not quite as important are being duly noted and addressed in a timely manner.

ConnectWise review by Steve R.
Steve R.

"Connectwise - full featured"

What do you like best?

Connectwise is a full featured PSA tool. What I like most about it is its ability to control our workflow in the Technical Services Department. We use it to generate tickets for work coming in and track all of our technicians work.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I don't really like about COnnectwise its it heavy client. It is a large install and the performance sometimes can be lacking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Work hard to stay on top of your data. Connectwise can get out of hand if you don't keep data accurate. Garbage in equals Garbage out is very relevant here.

Connectwise addresses many business needs for us. We do all ticket tracking and escalation via it and we also use it for all of our billing needs.

ConnectWise review by Sean P.
Sean P.

"ConectWise - Pretty solid!"

What do you like best?

How much functionality it has. I love that we can do our own e-mail marketing campaigns, it saves cost on other pay services, and we can create our own HTML e-mail exactly as we want it, plus send a survey, or any other type of follow-up, even see who opened the e-mail.

What do you dislike?

As with any cloud based company there is the occasional outage. We have experienced a couple short outages in the past few years, however tech support via chat is generally helpful and often aware of the issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As Connectwise grows so is their partner list, recently Watchguard has added them to their vendor list. We haven't connected or firewalls yet to connectwise, but the options it will give us with watchguard sound very exciting.

Billing and invoicing - Before Connectwise we were using an excel spreadsheet for ticket entries and e-mailing them in PDF form. Now connectwise manages our invoicing, e-mailing, agreement billing and sync's with Quickbooks.

ConnectWise review by User in Performing Arts
User in Performing Arts

"ConnectWise at a mid-size company"

What do you like best?

Invoicing syncs well with Quickbooks. Previous to using CW I was manually entering each invoice into QB, which took a lot more time. CW connects me to the PMs, as well as QB so it's an easy one-stop.

What do you dislike?

The software is incredibly expensive, and any additional help comes at an additional cost. This matters, because transitioning to ConnectWise is cumbersome and you will need all the help you can get.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm not sure that this software is the best for all companies. It isn't very flexible, so if you are just starting out and can conform to the available structure it might resonate well with you and your company. Otherwise, it could be useful in bits and pieces but may not be possible to fully transition over. Because of the cost to use, it would be most valuable to a company that can take advantage of everything it offers.

Invoicing takes less of our PM's time than our previous method. There was a steep learning curve, however, so in the early days of transitioning it didn't seem like it was saving time at all-- that has now balanced out.

ConnectWise review by Administrator

"Great product with lots of potential, but lots of work to get there"

What do you like best?

I like the flexibility it offers and the amount of information that can be obtained about a ticket. It is also an invaluable tool for scheduling service with our customers and making sure that our techs are staying busy. The Project Management features are excellent, as well.

What do you dislike?

The onboarding process is painful, to say the least. It takes a LOT of time and effort to get things set up properly. The sales/onboarding team likes to say that CW just needs to be tailored to fit our business model but we've found that there are some processes that were designed to work a certain way, and can't be changed. This would mostly be fine if they would just TELL you what work flow it was designed for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Unless you are a brand new MSP, expect a long onboarding process. It will definitely help in the long run and I feel like it is worth it, eventually.

Improved communication with customers, and automation to raise flags on tickets that need attention. Saving time and increase standardization with ticket and project templates. Saving time by not having to duplicate data entry between documentation platform, RMM and PSA through integration.

"A work in progress"

What do you like best?

I can almost live in ConnectWise, in that I have contact info, appointments, tickets, configurations and more all in one place. Customizable module layout. Ability to use with Watchman Monitoring.

What do you dislike?

Mobile app needs more development (a lot more, says the iOS 11.2.2 iPhone X user). Browser access needs to conform to standards. For example, when I use a shortcut to go to the beginning of a line (or maybe it’s a word), CW tries to go back a page. I have lost work this way. No other web page does this. The look of it also feels very dated. Needs more customizable views (e.g., when looking at my time entries before submission, why is there no option to show the ticket status so I don’t have to go into each one individually to confirm I closed them?). Needs CalDAV and CardDAV support so my calendar shows events when I assign myself a ticket and so that contacts in CW can be accessed when I ask Siri for directions to the client. In other words, it needs to be faster, more fluid, easier to use with modern tools like Siri, less clunky, generally.

Again, having everything more or less contained in one system is helpful.

ConnectWise review by User in Information Technology and Services

"ConnectWise Manage is what has made our IT so successful!"

What do you like best?

The service and project ticket management system is amazing. Manage allows us to prioritize incoming requests and triage what is most important. For project tickets, it allows me to see everything relevant at a glance and schedule efficiently.

What do you dislike?

The permissions trees have grown rather wild over the last few updates as new features have been added. Often we find that certain job roles are no longer able to do things until we isolate the change and fix the permissions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Assign a team of 2-3 people to be your subject matter experts. There is a large learning curve and it helped to have people on our staff that could do setup, coordinate training, etc.

We use it for a range of things related to IT such as our helpdesk, project management, and account services. We used to have these all done by seperate programs but now ConnectWise Manage allows us to do it all in one place.

ConnectWise review by Randy D.
Randy D.

"Connectwise is the backbone of our company. If it's not in Connectwise, it didn't happen."

What do you like best?

We really like the on premise capabilty, running our own server, tied to our own SQL data.

Remember, on premise can be your own AWS instance or the likes.

For small and medium sized MSP's (Managed Service Providers) and Service Organizaitons,

that is between 4 and 40 technicians, Connectwise is a complete system.

If you are smaller, this may not be for you. Stick to the subscription model.

If you are really big, you may like the API's and customization here, but you may already have bigger software.

But, if you are the vast majority of business IT support, then this is the one.

What do you dislike?

The software is based on the .NET platform, which is starting to show it's age.

The latest version did move to the newest .NET feature set, and works well with 365 now.

It handles quoting and invoicing, time tracking and service billing, project management and management reporting.

Our customers love having a one page invoice, with 18 pages of time detail available behind it.

We use it to drive our incentive based pay model.

We use it to ensure a consistent onboarding experience for new clients.

We use it for the sales and marketing tracks and automated workflows.

We use it to keep things from falling through the cracks, like SSL renewal or UPS battery replacement in 3 years.

ConnectWise review by Kurien K.
Kurien K.

"complex but complete as in all in one solution for Helpdesk solution"

What do you like best?

The features of connectwise is amazing. The funtionality it provides it beyond amazing. It is a bit complex at first but the ability to navigate through its windows takes some getting used to. Connectwise university was a very helpful feature. The ticketing feature is absolutely it's best feature. It also has the ability to store contacts and passwords under a company and that was very helpful.

What do you dislike?

There were certain times when I was saving records that hitting save did not work and all the data I input was not saved causing me to have to input it again. The program otherwise was much better than anything I have used in the past.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it and you'll love it

The ticking system was the issue and this provides the solution to that issue. This is one of the better ticketing systems that I have seen and it abilities are very wide and has a lot of potential. The abilites of connectwise allow you to store username and passwords under different companies and store multiple records under said account which is very helpful and when needing to reference one of them it is quick and easy to find.

ConnectWise review by Donovon C.
Donovon C.

"Ticketing and Business Management, made easy"

What do you like best?

My current position as a Help Desk Analyst introduced me to ConnectWise after years of using competing products. I had heard about ConnectWise, but never had the time to get properly introduced. As part of my onboarding, I spent several weeks going through ConnectWise University, a fantastic training program for intermediate and advanced users. The ability to revisit the ConnectWise University to expand your knowledge of the tool really adds value to ConnectWise. Many other ticketing systems have a knowledge base, but few provide as much depth as ConnectWise U. Any tool is only as effective as the person using it, so having training options like ConnectWise University empowers the user to go farther than they could on their own with what is a very powerful ticketing and business management system.

What do you dislike?

Because of the power and depth of the system, it can be somewhat daunting to familiarize yourself and take advantage of all that ConnectWise can do. Fortunately, the University aids in some of this, but there really is no replacement for first hand experience. It took me about a week to get comfortable performing my daily tasks in connectwise, but at the end of that time I was able to start advancing my knowledge and utilization habits.

From time to time we have some slowness issues with the system. I believe this is due to our hosting situation for the application, so I don't think that's a knock on the product, but wanted to include it. Additionally, the mobile app for iPhone is somewhat antiquated and not very intuitive. It would be nice to easily be able to record time in a ticket from a mobile device.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take your time and implement it correctly. Provide your users with adequate time to go through the university and be trained. Once implemented, ensure that users can customize the experience to be effective in their roles.

ConnectWise is the core line of business application for our company. We use ConnectWise to generate invoices, track time, track tickets, track inventory, track sales, customer relationships as well as projects and event management. We also use the calendaring to keep track of employees. Having our business in ConnectWise gives us a centralized place to keep all of our information. It gives us the ability to track everything that happens within the company, search it and report on it. As an IT services organization, tracking work, as well as the documentation and solutions, is pivotal to providing excellent service to our customers.

ConnectWise review by Brandon K.
Brandon K.

"I use it daily for a company that we support "

What do you like best?

I like how it does in crash like some of the software and seems basic but has a lot of features to wear you dont need to use different software to run the helpdesk

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can freak out and have to clear the cache and you also have to restart and re-login to get it back up and running

We are using it have all of the devices that we have spread out and able to have them saved in one place and able to tag which one is related to that ticket

ConnectWise review by Andrew S.
Andrew S.

"The Premier CRM for MSPs"

What do you like best?

Very robust and powerful, especially the Service Desk. Very reliable and bug-free. Can do as much as you are willing to make it do.

What do you dislike?

The support has been up and down over the years. As they rebrand and make internal changes, we have noticed dips in the quality of support. Also, some of the functions such as projects aren't that well implemented.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're an MSP, this is the gold standard tool. Some of the other products out there may have different features that are a little more progressive, but they're often poortly implemented.

We do all of our business backend with it. All of our customer data, billing and our entire service desk is done in Manage.

ConnectWise review by Lonnie E.
Lonnie E.

"Connectwise is THE best CRM on the market. "

What do you like best?

Connectwise manage offers so many features and is so easy to use. You can jump from service tickets to time sheets to reports so quickly either by navigating to each one or using different tabs! They offers a knowledge center called connectwise University where they teach you every feature, how to use it, and how to customize the software to your liking. It is a dream come true for resellers.

What do you dislike?

It is very hard to find things to dislike as the connectwise team has gotten out most of the bugs. If I had to choose one, it would be that we have had many problems with the system crashing or taking a long time to load. Luckily connectwise support is very responsive and sometimes even just clearing the cache is enough to get it working again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely use this for your CRM and help desk software. You will not be disappointed. It is so easy to use, the support is great, and you'll have perfect records of your clients.

We are easily able to keep track of customer accounts and can communicate efficiently through the ticketing system. We realized we have a perfect timestamped history of every customer and every interaction!

ConnectWise review by Brian D.
Brian D.

"Connectwise helps my clients focus on the big picture"

What do you like best?

The end to end view throughout the customer lifecycle. The system drives a defined process managing a customer from prospect to sale to project and then allowing for easy ongoing support. Vast 3rd party integrations allow freedom of choice for RMM, Documentation, analytics, and asset management while still remaining the single plane of glass for your operation.

What do you dislike?

Improved reporting and easier navigation would help the overall user experience.

Sales to operations project handoff. The sales opportunity closing conversion to a project carrying all quoted parts forward has reduced incorrect purchading and uneeded inventory reducing project profit erosion.

ConnectWise review by James R.
James R.

"Top PSA in the Industry for a reason"

What do you like best?

ConnectWise is a very mature product with a mature feature-set. It is also very extensible so you can use just the core product or plug in other elements from quoting to RMM and much more.

What do you dislike?

As ConnectWise has grown rapidly, the quality of the sales department is hit or miss. Sometimes you get a great sales person but, sometimes, you don't.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you plan to spend time implementing. This isn't a flaw in the product as much as it is related to the fact that ConnectWise is very mature. In your implementation, instead of always trying to force ConnectWise to do whatever you want it to do (In most cases, this can be done), ask why it is designed the way it is and if you should adapt.

Collaboration of teams, single place for content.

ConnectWise review by Taylor C.
Taylor C.

"Decent, but complex..."

What do you like best?

We love using CW Manage overall. We've been using it since 2011. Solid product. TONS of options and things to change/adjust. Very powerful and customizable.

What do you dislike?

So complex that it will give you a headache at times. Seems to be a better fit for more strict (larger) IT companies. We sometimes fly by the seat of our pants and this product doesn't like that. Billing can be a nightmare sometimes, depending on what you're doing with agreements/contracts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Evaluate other solutions before choosing this. It's a huge commitment.

Time tracking / Issue tracking / credential tracking / Billing

"Full Help Desk GUI"

What do you like best?

You can basically customize your interface easily to show up the most important tasks, another tab will open the calendar on a side, this calendar can be sync automatically with your outlook therefore Exchange/Office 365 as well

The screen connect feature will allow you an easy remote access with users, customers etc...

So many features already embedded and then to add

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the engine can be a little slow, and depending on the browser you use, also few glitches sometimes.

Also the status is not complete enough sometimes.

Mostly Help desk cases, tickets but also now projects for server migration, firewall set up, and also workflow with my team when a customer needs a new quote therefore we transfer to the account manager

ConnectWise review by Katharine P.
Katharine P.

"Use connectwise for time tracking and receiving job information for projects"

What do you like best?

I like that I am able to do both time tracking and ticket tracking in one program.

What do you dislike?

The training videos are horrible. It does not do a good job of telling you how to use the program at all. The dashboards are also very hard to read. I wish there was more of a collaborative vibe to the program as a whole. It's very static. The program also takes forever to load.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a tech desk then this is for you. If you are an agency then I advise looking at other programs.

we realize the benefit of being able to bill and time track in the same program that we use for workflow. It helped us streamline our work down to one program. (excluding email and calendar)

ConnectWise review by Rick M.
Rick M.

"ConnectWise review"

What do you like best?

Easy to use.

All of the PSA tools allow you to manage tickets pretty well. I like the integration with LabTech and other 3rd party software. It gives you a lot of flexibility and helps us become more efficient.

What do you dislike?

I prefer to use KB shortcuts, and they could use a few more.

I don't like the web versions of software as well as fat clients. It just takes longer to navigate.

The flexibility is a strength and weakness. We had to change our contracts a handful of times to get them right.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Implementation takes time and planning. Plan and talk with other current users otherwise you end up redoing some of your setup.

The ticket communication and automation keeps the clients informed of their ticket status and improves customer service.

"Time Saver"

What do you like best?

The number of customizations and workflows I can build have saved me hours a month and we've barely scratched the surface. Nearly everything we use integrates directly and makes it easy to stay up to date with what's going on with our clients.

What do you dislike?

There is a steep learning curve and can be a little faster in my opinion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't sign up for their implementation/training, use a third-party consultant instead. They'll be able to guide you on what you need for your particular needs. CW gives you an overall idea but won't help with specifics.

Communication on tickets and projects with clients has improved. We've been able to eliminate administrative steps when it comes to time tracking against agreements and invoicing.

ConnectWise review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Does the job, however, not close to the functionality of SalesForce.com"

What do you like best?

I do like its simple platform. There were a lot more naming conventions and too many duplicates with SalesForce.com, I am not finding this to be the case in ConnectWise. Mobile app is okay.

What do you dislike?

Mobile app could be a lot better, very basic to me. Importing contacts into ConnectWise is a challenge, algorithm in place doesn't seem to like it if there is already an account in there yet the contacts that were first entered in will duplicate with a new list. Makes for more manual work. Also dislike how there is no feature functionality that comes with the basic software to be able to click on a contact phone number and have it dial for you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do a comparison with other major players out there. Make sure that it fits for your business and people. Ask around for recommendations, if others have used it or not, and if there are better ones out there.

I use ConnectWise for sales new sales opportunities only as required by my company. I also use it for new contact uploading, territory assignments, notes, activities, expense reports, etc... Helping me set reminders, yet I am using that and tasks provided by outlook 50/50.

ConnectWise review by Stephen H.
Stephen H.

"A PSA tool that tries too hard but all too often falls too short"

What do you like best?

Great if you have processes already in place to mould the system to. The ticketing system and projects are good, agreement handling works well - many solutions often skip over this vital feature required by support companies - I am looking at your Zendesk!

What do you dislike?

While ConnectWise is a great tool it tries to do too much without much completeness, it comes from an antiquated Windows I.E framework, the web interface has gotten much better over the years but seriously we are in 2016 not 1996 the whole system should be Web enabled by now!

The interface is clunky, I have worked at 3 companies that use ConnectWise, and I also evaluated it many years ago, almost everyone who uses it finds it clunky, cumbersome, annoying, frustrating and slooow.

For such a mature player in the market there are a lot of fundamental things missing - especially reports - information and data is key yet its sorely lacking in ConnectWise out of the box.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use something else, look at lots of other options and only when you are ready to invest a serious amount of time and money then consider ConnectWise.

Business automation, the only benefit is having structure to a support framework

There a more benefits from other solutions.

ConnectWise review by Daryl C.
Daryl C.

"If it is not in ConnectWise; then it didn't happen."

What do you like best?

I have been using CW since mid 2009. I keep track of not only my business Tickets but my personal life as well. CW is a tool I use every day...even on Christmas.

What do you dislike?

CW has grown exponentially over the years. In doing so things seem to get added willy-nilly without Unfortunately CW has not kept up with going back and ensuring a homogenous feel throughout.

In addition, and perhaps the most important dislike is the app can be somewhat nasty to fully understand. While CW does offer online documentation it certainly fails. With this in mind CW does offer Consulting Services at, in my opinion, a pretty good sack full of gold coins. This frustrates me because you pay a premium for the software then undoubtable must pay a consultant to implement correctly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend so much MORE time in the very beginning to implement right!!! My granddad always said, 'If you do not have time to do it right the first time, when do you have the time to do it over?'

This was absolutely my biggest mistake with CW...and regretfully I have been paying for it ever since. I am only implementing a small portion of the over all features...and regrettably will never be able to go back.

Even with my dislikes I have not only drank from the CW Kool-Aide but I do mix it up for others. I use CW for not only my Technology Management Company but my personal life and with my other business ventures as well.

ConnectWise review by User

"We love using ConnectWise"

What do you like best?

The ease to communicate throughout our entire company within service tickets. I also like the marketing feature to send emails right from within ConnectWise contacts.

What do you dislike?

For our business we would like to add more information per company. Also if you respond to a ticket it goes to other people in the ticket that may not need it. Lastly, permissions make it hard to do certain things with out asking someone to allow us to do anything.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great service if you have technicians who need to work on tickets. It is easy for customers to send tickets as well

The connection between all departments. ConnectWise provides a uniform platform for techs, sales, and administration to collaborate.

ConnectWise review by Caroline A.
Caroline A.

"All-in-one project management tool"

What do you like best?

ConnectWise is easy to use and makes project sharing and time entry very easy.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the desktop version of ConnectWise will time out, and it will take me a few hours to get it back up and running again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ConnectWise can seem a bit overwhelming at first, but once you start using it for scheduling projects and managing time entry, you'll catch on in no time.

Project management, assigning tickets

We have found the best way to streamline client projects and retainers through ConnectWise ticket scheduling.

ConnectWise review by Don P.
Don P.

"ConnectWise Manage Review"

What do you like best?

I like how simple it is to navigate through the ConnectWise Console. I did not have any formal training and I was able to figure out how to use it within minutes.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the web console features available. It is a lot easier to use the mobile version of the application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try! There are a lot of nice features with this application.

The benefits of using ConnectWise are endless. I am able to track time, expenses, service tickets and a lot more!

ConnectWise review by Glen G.
Glen G.

"Good, but not for HR, Payroll, etc"

What do you like best?

It's a pretty robust system that can be used effectively in most departments of a company.

What do you dislike?

The HR, payroll and timekeeping functions are not great. You have to try and customize these areas to work for your particular business, then hope it can integrate into your payroll system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are using this as your sole timekeeping and payroll solution, make sure it can integrate with your accounting system.

More efficiency in the business overall. Automation. Better client experience and response times.

ConnectWise review by Stana S.
Stana S.

"If you are an MSP then you have to have ConnectWise!! "

What do you like best?

Everything!! I purchased on premise ConnectWise over 6 years ago and it transformed my company!

It really does pay for itself in found revenue. Time gets put into the system and invoiced! I always believed in documentation of service which stop clients objections to dollar amounts on invoices so it took us a very long time to write up the service, format it, email it to the client from Word.

ConnectWise solved all our issues with documentation of tickets and configurations.

I can see engineers weekly time at a glance

Everything is done in ConnectWise from purchasing to invoicing.

What do you dislike?

Where you input your time in a ticket does not have the client phone number and I always open my time entry right before I call the client and forget to get the phone number first.

Seriously that is all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bring all your department heads into the implementation. Do the training!!! Think thru all settings. Some things can not be changed in the future so you need to make the right decisions in the beginning. There are a couple user fields that I wish we had not used the way we did but they now have data in them so I can't change them.

Look at what other applications you use and see if they integrate with ConnectWise.

Look for vendors that integrate with ConnectWise it will make your billing, agreements and reporting awesome!!

Tracking service trends, maintaining client vendor information and client users passwords.

We captured more billable time and increased our revenue.

ConnectWise review by Vinod M. M.
Vinod M. M.

"Review of Connectwise"

What do you like best?

I like that it is specialized for my industry. It allows me to do everything form quoting , to projects , to billing

What do you dislike?

i dislike that there are many times where the program is running SLOW as dirt and it causes issues when trying to get items for clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

consider all the integrations you are doing and value the customer feedback.

I recently called and ask for automation when converting a quote to a project but its not available as options right now.

we are able to keep all our contacts in one platform which allows us to review all contracts, bills, invoices, etc. at any time for that particular client. VERY HUGE FOR US

ConnectWise review by Vincent M.
Vincent M.

"Usable"

What do you like best?

Its a very powerful tool with lots of customizations on views and reports. It's also widely used, so it can integrate with a number of other programs.

What do you dislike?

The UX is terrible and doesnt have good flow. Still uses MySQL so it is very slow, though not as slow as CW Automate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It’s certainly not the worst, but there are better.

It is our trouble ticket management system. Our engineers use the software day in and day out.

ConnectWise review by Elizabeth M.
Elizabeth M.

"Helpful but could use inprovement"

What do you like best?

I like how i'm able to automate some processes and keep contact information all in one place for the most part. I do like the ticketing system, it's something i've gotten very used to over the years. It does outline my schedule on the home page and it seems very personalized at the same time. It also provides internal links that could be useful for success in my role. Overall pretty user friendly.

What do you dislike?

Even though i'm able to automate some things, there is still a good amount of human error that occurs. I also find that it can be organized a little bit better. I have found issues with the outlook extension. Is there a way to better that?

Im able to easily invoice and uninvoice tickets. Company information is easily accessible when needed to solve an issue.

"Connectwise Review"

What do you like best?

Connectwise allows our company to have pertinent information about our clients and their assets at our fingertips. The ticketing system is great and gives awesome insight into our techs.

What do you dislike?

The biggest drawback is they should have a better integration with their other product Connectwise Control (formally Labtech). The integration is clumsy and hard to configure. Also, their customer portal is a 2 on a scale of 10. As a result we are forced to use a third party application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get specific details about implementation and what is included.

How to be the best at customer service. Connectwise allows us to have a single pane of glass to see tickets form our customers. This makes it easy to ensure that issues are being addressed in a timely manner.

ConnectWise review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Connectwise Billing Functionality"

What do you like best?

The QuickBooks integration and invoice creation is great. Time intensive to set up correctly and smoothly, and takes a lot of work to set up the GL, but once it's all set up, it's great to click click and have invoices populated in Quickbooks.

timesheet and ticket calculations - these can be complex multipliers, and Connectwise set up is time intensive, but again, once it's set up, it's a simple click.

Service Agreement specifications - easily changes and customized

What do you dislike?

very finicky and picky. There are a lot of settings and usage requirements that require checking small boxes that are easily missed, or easily blend in with fields and veiws.

There is no 'save preferences' or 'lock access' features on the technician entry side, there a lot of reviewing and editing is required by the billing department to eliminate errors initiated by the technicians.

There's no easy way to bill half a project upfront, and bill the rest once the work is done on the same project ticket and invoice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product feels a bit clunky, and the timesheet - technician tracking would be better if it looped into payroll reports.

Solving the issue of billing across different rates, agreements, discounts, and specifications unique to each client.

Also maintaining consistent billing despite different types of service agreements that are past, present, and future.

Connectwise saves a huge amount of time for the billing department in calculating bi-monthly billing for technician timesheet and service ticket time entries. Invoice creation and Quickbooks integration has a huge effect on efficiency

ConnectWise review by Consultant

"Excellent Management solution for MSPs or SMB IT departments"

What do you like best?

The functionality is robust out of the box and setup is rather logical and self-explanatory (unlike, say, Salesforce). The company is great to deal with and truly cares about their client base and optimizing their product based on feedback. Pricing is reasonable - more than a basic CRM but less than competing platforms like SF or MS. Application has sufficient customization options and API has reached maturity. Database is very logically designed allowing you to build custom reports and manage by exception, create a data driven culture, etc.

What do you dislike?

There are certain limitations that appear to be a result of legacy code - eg, the security cannot be as granular as competing platforms and workflows aren't as complex in nature (even when overlapping with "tracks") as some of the competition's offerings.

Recommendations to others considering the product

At the end of the day, there isn't really anything "better" out there yet. Competitors are trying very hard to take the good of ConnectWise, and eliminate the pitfalls that it has. Some are getting very close, I hope this drives ConnectWise to make some major changes in the very near future because we really do not want to have to change.

It is a great piece of software for managing, tracking, and reporting on tickets in a service environment.

ConnectWise review by Christopher M.
Christopher M.

"Strong Backoffice Tool for MSP"

What do you like best?

I had worked with AutoTask before and though it took me a little while to get used to the navigation this is very user friendly. I like the ease of search and some of the sales funnel features.

What do you dislike?

The Customer section. When creating new customers and opportunities this platform is not as intuitive as AutoTask. The design could use some work too. We work out of Salesforce for the majority of opportunities because of this and utilize this for the last mile per se (From signature as a client and beyond). This causes some double entry.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The price is right but you will want to demo this to make sure it delivers everywhere you would expect it to.

This gives us a snapshot of our funnel while managing expenses, clients, etc. It is nice to have a large portion in one spot.

ConnectWise review by Ashia A.
Ashia A.

"A decent ticket management system"

What do you like best?

I really enjoyed the customization, features and tabs. You can also connect certain features to other links. I connect it to a calendar app to stay on track with my projects.

What do you dislike?

Getting use to the User Interface is overall a bit tricky. You are going to have to set and hour or two aside just to get the hang of it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This recommendation is actually for ConnectWise, Make the user Interface a bit more user friendly.

When working for the Bridal Store, It was used for CRM purposes. I was easy to connect with my customers and pull up orders or invoices with ease.

ConnectWise review by Matthew Z.
Matthew Z.

"Connectwise IT perspective."

What do you like best?

That I can be in connectwise all day and the close loop implementation.

First thing I do in the morning (after a cup of coffee) is I open up conenctwise desktop app which works perfectly for touch on my surface pro 4. I have it auto open my service board on all new incoming tickets or ones that clients have responded to and start going through that closed loop.

We just implemented the Tech calendar feature that imports our Exchange Appointments to help us better direct incoming requests. Having a tab view of tickets in the service board, My timesheet, Calendar all open and easy to access is a huge time saver. There's so much to like here about connectwise i could go on. I came from Autotask which was good, but with the integration into our other IT related tools either pushing data to connectwise or pulling it definitely takes the cake.

What do you dislike?

Right now the only real problem I have with it is sometimes the view of the service board gets a bit misaligned. With so much information and moving to and from columns, sometimes what you view isn't appropriate to the column you're seeing.

One big gripe is the APP. I'm on android and its pretty much garbage. No way to sort the tickets, Its cramped and is unstable. This could be such a great thing as a tech who's always on the field going from client to client it seems like they dropped the ball big on it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go through the training. It's long and boring and at times the cartoons are just annoying.

Honestly, its going to save you so much time in the long run and will help you better understand the product and the terminology.

Start thinking about using scripts built into it. There's some thats really great like waiting on client response and having it auto remind that client that tends to ignore the emails. Then closing it out after the warning.

You want a nice and clean service board.

We are solving the issue of having too many clients for such a small IT company. We service about 40 clients with only 4 techs. It gets over whelming. Connectwise has been able to keep us on top of things. Helped us transition into their program. And has made us better as far as documenting and covering our butts with the tougher clients.

Having a paper trail that's as detailed and how it keeps the client informed every step of the way has been a life saver. Theres so much to like here.

ConnectWise review by Diana D.
Diana D.

"ConnectWise"

What do you like best?

It's ease of use. The capability of searching and running reports of various fields.

What do you dislike?

It's been very slow. I'm not sure if it's CW server or our Internet access.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product has a lot to offer. We are still learning all the features it has. We are happy with the product.

We implemented ConnestWise as our CRM about 18 months ago. We have found it useful when creating proposals, writing services tickets, tracking software/hardware our customers purchase from us.

"Connectwise Manager"

What do you like best?

i love the ability of the automation tool It is very user friendly and helps to organize hudnreds of tickets at a time. It is also great for managing renewals and other sales related items. It is our go to tool. It has everythign1

What do you dislike?

I dislike the amount of updates they push through. I wish there was an update every quarter with new features instead of as often as they do it now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is not only a ticketing software. We have slowly moved into using all of the products available. It helps that it all ties in to one specific place.

ticket managing software, CRM tool, billing tool, inventory

"Great tool"

What do you like best?

Being able to quickly and easily track all work is wonderful. I can assign a ticket to a group, change the status, and do any other number of tasks without much training.

What do you dislike?

I only use the software and don't administer it but when I need to have something done it seems like a cumbersome process such as to get an automated email sent to the user when a ticket is closed.

I use ConnectWise Manage to track all service desk request. The main benefit I have realized is that I can quickly report on the number/type of needs of my staff.

ConnectWise review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Product and Project Management Tool for Small Business"

What do you like best?

There are many different options to help streamline your operations - from product procurement and inventory to project planning and execution.

What do you dislike?

The program is not scaled for larger companies. My company has outgrown the capabilities of this system and I find that it can sometimes hinder productivity. The asset management section of the software is somewhat lacking and could use improvement to better track individual parts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a large or rapidly growing company, this may not be the best solution for you.

It is a good, off the shelf, option for smaller businesses.

The system is used for product procurement and project management

ConnectWise review by Scott E.
Scott E.

"Solid Ticket System"

What do you like best?

Outlook integration makes ticket creation and scheduling a lot easier.

Automated workflows are indispensable.

What do you dislike?

I don't care for the desktop app. I use the web client exclusively.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hosted server! In-house is not worth the trouble.

We use ConnectWise as our primary Ticketing, customer communication, and asset-management utility. It is an invaluable resource that I wouldn't know how to function without.

ConnectWise review by Matt K.
Matt K.

"Great for Ticketing system and documenting service tickets"

What do you like best?

It's quick and easy to use. I like the layout. Give you the information you need when you need it

What do you dislike?

It is buggy. It crashes often, locks up. Have to close it often to clear the cache.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is cloud hosted, so watch for this. If you lose internet, or have a slow connection, this can cause issues.

Ticket management system to track service done by our Help Desk, scheduled work boards and NOC boards

ConnectWise review by Maury K.
Maury K.

"Works well. Lots of opportunity for expansion"

What do you like best?

This is by far my favorite software that we use. It rarely has issues. It takes minimal training and everyone has a central place for project documentation, management, order tracking, etc

What do you dislike?

There's some glitches with its transfer from QuoteWerks (which we use for quoting and order processing) to ConnectWise.

Project Management is our primary. We also use it for order tracking and sales pipelines.

ConnectWise review by Michelle L.
Michelle L.

"Great Time Tracking Software"

What do you like best?

It is easy to enter timesheets and to gather time tracking reports.

What do you dislike?

Many of the sales features are minimalist and can be improved upon. I wish there was a good connection into outlook calendars.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would make sure it integrates properly into the other tools you are using from CRM, scheduling, reporting, etc.

It is primarily used to track time per activity and project.

"ConnectWise Review"

What do you like best?

The dashboard is very easy to see a high level overview of what the system is. Tickets are generated automatically for preconfigured alerts, and tickets will also self-heal when the problem goes away.

What do you dislike?

I wish loading the dashboard was a little faster. Also, I wish there was a little better support for Linux.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a product for ease of use and super easy remote access, this is definitely worth a consideration.

We have realized that ConnectWise is a great product for remote support access as well as keeping tickets organized for our clients.

ConnectWise review by Administrator in Computer Networking
Administrator in Computer Networking

"Connectwise Helps Run Our Helpdesk"

What do you like best?

Easy creating and assigning tickets. Integrated billing. Document and contact management. Essentially a central place to run your IT business.

What do you dislike?

Some functions not available on mobile and there could be better integration with a larger variety of products but it is coming along.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to get your implementation done right and use Connectwise as intended from the start. Use peers who are using the product to help get what you need out of it.

The strategic placement of All client and business needs in easy to find modules. Documentation, client contact, procurement, ticketing and billing.... A centralized place to run all of your MSP operations.

ConnectWise review by Greg G.
Greg G.

"Connect Wise Review"

What do you like best?

It is an excellent tool for managed services orgs that need to track work hours for finding out profitability.

What do you dislike?

It can take a long time to get used to and figure out how to utilize it to leverage all features

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a managed IT services organization connect wise is a product that is definitely highly recommended. It has many features and is a very extensive CRM as well as support desk program.

Problems that are being solved are how to increase profitability, spend the least time on cases that don't require as much attention, finding out how profitable each client is that are on monthly plans and have a fixed cost associated with them, figuring out how many hours are spent on each customer and where hours can be allocated to increase productivity.

ConnectWise review by Scott H.
Scott H.

"overall good product"

What do you like best?

It's great for managing a service board as a closed loop system and customer contacts. Easy to use, and install.

What do you dislike?

I feel the report writer could be a little more intuitive. Certain features only get added if enough people vote, when they should be added immediately

Recommendations to others considering the product

good product.. easy to use. does exactly what it asks for. additional products cost significant money.. third party options available for screen connecting for better cost

it makes managing the help desk much easier, and track customer financials

ConnectWise review by Administrator

"Industry hype not conmensurate to actual value of product"

What do you like best?

facility to work out of different boards. Easy to learn and use.

What do you dislike?

Performance, everything is VERY VERY SLOW for a business where speed of taking care of the customer is paramount. Support is poor. The way they release upgrades, most of the times the upgrades ar enot fully tested causing tons of issues to customers and since this is on the cloud cusotmers have no options as to actually go with the updates or not, they forced them down your throat.

Normal business needs for general MSP, ticketing, reporting, billing, nothing fancy. We have not experienced any outstanding benefits.

ConnectWise review by Douglas F.
Douglas F.

"Great PSA for MSPs"

What do you like best?

Built by an MSP who knows how MSPs work.

What do you dislike?

CRM is not as powerful as other parts of the application. It is OK for a small sales team but needs some work if you have more than 3 sales people

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to standardize and use all the tools.

I want to deliver excellent customer service. In order to do that we know to know who is calling, what they are calling about and how it was configured. ConnectWise puts this at the finger tips of every tech.

ConnectWise review by Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services
Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services

"That monster you love to hate!"

What do you like best?

It makes my business run smoother. It handles everything from customer ticket entry to tracking technician time and invoicing. It's absolutely catching time that used to fall through the cracks! Once you buy it, you can't imagine how you survived before!

What do you dislike?

It's EXPENSIVE, and they are working hard to get you with add-on features that often cost more than they benefit the business. They advertise it as a product that could replace a person, and it can.... except that you have to have a person spending a ton of time in CW to make it run smoothly, negating some of the productivity savings...

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a huge time commitment, and it won't make you money on day one. If you never plan to grow past 4-5 employees, there are probably smaller products that will do everything you need. If you want to be a 10+ man IT business, then this is pretty much the best product in the space...

Kind of like Comcast - when it works it's great... but occasionally they are the vendor we love to hate!

If you go the CW route, make sure to buy a large implementation support package! You'll need it!

It organized our business and allowed us to grow beyond a small company with 2 or 3 tech's into a company with defined sales and service personnel, using one application to share data about our clients!

ConnectWise review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Information Technology and Services
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Information Technology and Services

"Connectwise review"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and has lots of features making day to day troubleshooting and ticket creation easier

What do you dislike?

Wish it was a little more user-friendly. Would like better communications between ticket owners. I would like to see a better way of an alarm informing you of upcoming meetings and calendar events.

I would like to also see a usable form of remote support added in which I Was informed that they are going to be using Automate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would suggest going to the training academy that they offer. It greatly improves the usage of this product

connections between customers and my MSP SMB business. Easy to manage. Benefits are being the huge communication help between help desk and customer.

Analytics and auditing also helps a lot. As well as a good notes section to input the work you have completed

ConnectWise review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Best for a good size company"

What do you like best?

One of the key features of ConnectWise Manage is that you can track time and expenses in one location and schedule appointments in the system as well. It is a great all-in-one approach to business, and it is compatible with most commonly used accounting systems.

What do you dislike?

The software is very robust and almost more than needed for a small business where not every minute of day was being tracked. It was hard to justify the cost to benefit ratio.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We have under 10 employees. For a company with more employees this would be a great fit for an all-in-one answer to business. Although the implementation process can be tedious, you have a knowledgeable CW representative to walk you through each step. It is not an easy system, but one you become familiar with the process of doing things, it will become quite easy to use.

We benefited most from having the quoting, purchasing, billing in one location. It eliminated multiple / redundant software systems.

ConnectWise review by Eric H.
Eric H.

"Managing the Business of IT"

What do you like best?

If it isn't in Connectwise, it did not happen

What do you dislike?

Weak reporting requires third party tools

Recommendations to others considering the product

Reporting is not a strong suit. We setup Microsoft PowerBI to the database and now have access to all of the information we need. All of our meetings are data driven right out fo the Connectwise Database, which is really awesome. Connectwise, for the most part - collects what you need to track Sales, Service, and Project information.

As a Managed Services provider with on-premises, cloud, and custom solutions, we are able to record and track all Consulting and Sales Activities in Connectwise.

ConnectWise review by David B.
David B.

"All in one IT CRM Tool"

What do you like best?

Simplicity of the program and its features.

What do you dislike?

Writing up procedures is inefficient and looks bad. Searching through service tab can lock up computer as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fix crashing when searching through a companies service tab. More unison with Automate and Control so that we can do more in just Manage.

We use this track all of our tickets and client information.

"Powerful CRM"

What do you like best?

ConnectWise integrates well with companies and service tickets. The ability to upload documents and configurations for each client and service is exceptionally helpful. Also, the ability to merge service tickets together has saved us time more than once.

What do you dislike?

I wish that the reporting system was easier to navigate. The system is so powerful and does so many things, that sometimes it is easy to get lost.

We have multiple departments and thousands of clients. ConnectWise allows us to view all service tickets across the departments with a simple click and enables us to communicate important information within the company.

ConnectWise review by Mike M.
Mike M.

"Connectwise Day to Day"

What do you like best?

I like that Connectwise provides you with a visual format that works for businesses regardless of their size making navigation easy.

What do you dislike?

Their smart phone app is very limited in what you can accomplish from the road.

General organization of our clients, their needs, and their requirements when they have an issue crop up. It's a satisfactory repository of data.

ConnectWise review by anthony p.
anthony p.

"MSP Gold"

What do you like best?

This is the best PSA platform for managing clients. It's easy for Techs to log time against tickets, works great for sales teams and makes invoicing seem simple. The onboarding support is second to none.

What do you dislike?

The initial setup takes some time to configure everything properly but it's well worth the effort.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Continue to work on adding new features for sales

We have a highly leveraged help desk that is fully integrated with our dashboard. This allows us to have auto-generated tickets and the invoicing has saved us time and energy that it typically took before.

ConnectWise review by User in Facilities Services
User in Facilities Services

"Great for Teams"

What do you like best?

In an office with 27 employees Connect Wise helped us to stay in the loop with each other and with the client. We were able to add in updates on tickets right away as well as send emails to specific employees or clients. The calendar app worked great for setting reminders and team meetings. One of the main uses was for scheduling purposes and we were able to assign tasks to specific employees within their team. In an office were there are a lot of "hats" floating around Connect Wise is a great tool to help keep everyone engaged and on the same page.

What do you dislike?

There are so many uses for Connect Wise and with the constant updates having a new employee beginning it could be a bit daunting but overall the program is great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For companies with multiple employees who are in and out of the office or who work at different locations I would recommend trying ConnectWise.

Communication. Communication. Communication.

ConnectWise review by Travis N.
Travis N.

"The Standard for MSPs"

What do you like best?

We can view all of our customer information; from service tickets to sales calls all in one place.

What do you dislike?

It's not a fully web based product yet and the mobile app could use a redesign.

"if it's not in connect is, it doesn't exist". It is our main system and help keeps all of our customer information in one place.

ConnectWise review by User in Computer Software

"Incredible "

What do you like best?

I like that Connectwise keeps all of our clients, sales, and data in perfect order. We can pull reports to see what opportunities for software are available as well as keep leads in a position to keep constant contact and record. I also LOVE the integration with Quosal for our proposals.

What do you dislike?

I have very little issue with Connectwise however sometimes the customer help tends to be lengthy. If I push chat sometimes it seems like some of their customer service people arent sure what I am talking about and I can't post pictures in the chat. That can be frustrating but they do give you their personal email so that is fine. Just could be better I guess :)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Connectwise has CW University and there is an endless amount to learn so never stop taking classes and reaching out. They have a lot to offer.

Biggest benefit for me recently is integration from Quosal to CW.

ConnectWise review by Carla S. M.
Carla S. M.

"ConnectWise"

What do you like best?

I like being able to open multiple tabs and working on different things without losing my place.

What do you dislike?

I am not fully familiar with the software to fully utilize it.

We primarily use it to keep track of our customers with help desk tickets and scheduling technicians

ConnectWise review by User in Computer & Network Security
User in Computer & Network Security

"ConnectWise Sales User Experience"

What do you like best?

ConnectWise brings a lot of functionality to a single location so that users are not having to search all over the place for information. The acquisition of Labtech and Sell was especially good for our company as we use both of these products for sales and support. ConnectWise provides easy access to great resources to help train staff and increase product knowledge.

The screenconnect feature has improved our ability to work more effectively with our clients. Integration with Automate helps us track client assets, manage the hardware lifecycle, and make recommendations for improvements based on alerts between the systems. Ticket templates help new employees onboard more quickly because they can easily tell what tasks they need to complete and what parties need to be involved. Tracks enable us to easily communicate information, create tickets and automate various other processes with a single click of a button which is a huge time saver for us.

What do you dislike?

The Procurement module desperately needs to be revamped. It seems as though it was designed by individuals that have never been part of the procurement process or involved in inventory management. Perhaps it works better for small offices, but for those trying to utilize the module with multiple locations it is a full time job. Sell's new electronic ordering may help address some issues, but until batch ordering is made available it is still not a great solution for larger organizations that ship to multiple offices. Creating workflows for this module is also difficult. Standard board properties do not apply and you are limited to what you can use. There is no audit trail that we have been able to find to verify whether a workflow setup for Procurement items is actually triggering rather than asking the people that should be receiving notifications.

ConnectWise helps us have a complete client history in a single location from the ground up. Everything from sales, procurement, finance and support. Not only can we use the system to manage tickets, our clients can also have access so there is transparency about what we are working on for them. This access also always them to create their own tickets without waiting on hold in a queue. Implementing workflows, tracks and templates helps us to automate work that has historically been taken care through a manual process, means our team has more time to focus on supporting our clients rather than completing tedious tasks.

ConnectWise review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Absolutely THE tool if you are an MSP"

What do you like best?

There are so many wonderful things that Connectwise Manage does well but for me, the best thing about the application is that it houses ALL of the information I need in one application.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I dislike about this software, other than the UI change that recently happened. But saying that is the same thing as hearing someone on a HGTV show complain about the wall color. It's subjective.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are drowning in emails or sticky notes to accomplish your day to day operations, then you need to take time out of your day and look at the Connectwise Manage Demo and talk to an account manager. They can show you the way to a better and more profitable future!

Gone are the days of trying to remember it all. With the ticket system, company and vendor profiles, project and procurement modules, everything is there for you.

ConnectWise review by User in Computer Networking
User in Computer Networking

"ConnectWise Manage is the Operating System for an IT Firm"

What do you like best?

Billing is tracked well, configurations allow for quick lookup. The familiar Ticketing system keeps technicians accountable, clients in the loop and owners on-top of the overall situation. They are making constant improvements, the Knowledgebase has improved considerably in the past year. Schedule syncs with Exchange / Outlook making it easy to see your work schedule on mobile devices. Tech support is responsive and knowledgeable. Integrates with so much, makes doing IT work much more organized.

What do you dislike?

The Expense. It is very much a "premium" product. Monthly fees are considerable, almost everything is an add-on, and as of the past few years, it feels like there is a concerted effort to upsell every partner into more products / services. That being said, it's like being made to eat delicious cake. You're disappointed that it's a force, but it's an enjoyable experience.

I would suffer from "bleeding heart syndrome" .... I'd feel bad for billing for the complete amount of time invested in projects and service visits. ConnectWise paid for itself in weeks to months.

We employ Manage with Automate and ScreenConnect so it's a wholistic approach, and when approached from that perspective, things tend to work well.

ConnectWise review by Steven S.
Steven S.

"ConnectWise Experience"

What do you like best?

The one-stop shop of functionality and ability to automate tasks.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to view 15-minute appointments on any of the calendars. As a result, we have to schedule everything in 30-minute increments.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ConnectWise is the leader in the PSA market and as a result vendors want to integrate their products with CW. We only work with vendors that have CW integration.

Making it easier to support our clients by allowing us to house all their data in one place. By having procurement and service invoicing from the same software package we are more efficient than using multiple applications.

ConnectWise review by Administrator

"Average - Similar to their other competitors"

What do you like best?

For a user who has not used ConnectWise, Ease of use and it's simplicity is great. Installation of desktop client is a lot less cumbersome vs. their competitors.

What do you dislike?

Lack of customizations and restricting some of the security roles for members. Example : some features only have "all or none' in security access rights. So it's either I give full access or no access to a particular module or submodule within ConnectWise.

Integration between CRM and ConnectWise for our Professional Services team.

ConnectWise review by Jeremy M.
Jeremy M.

"Used as tech at previous employer"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that you can collaborate on ticketed items, adding multiple resources. I've worked in other ticketing systems where I had to create multiple tickets to track time for multiple resources.

What do you dislike?

The complexity makes it difficult to take in. There are a lot of things that can be done multiple ways which can be a little confusing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It takes a while to get used to, but overall has some pretty good features. If you want a system that is highly configurable and easy to customize, you ConnectWise is for you.

For me, it helped make the helpdesk tasks I had to do easier. For my bosses, it helped to automate everything else.

ConnectWise review by Julie K.
Julie K.

"Frustrating after using cloud-based solutions"

What do you like best?

Project management, support, and time tracking in one place. My company requires use of this software, so I would bet that it has a lower user cost.

What do you dislike?

It is very clunky, and as far as I can tell (this may be per company), I cannot track time on a closed ticket. the communication through the ticket is not always captured, so there are several balls dropped. Assignment and list customization are not intuitive and take too many clicks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is possible to use ConnectWise outside of a company network, but I do not find it easy and quick to use for service tickets, and my team is not entering information on projects. They might be more apt to use it if it were faster to load and respond.

We use this tool primarily for time tracking and service tickets. I joined the company after using a cloud based system before hand that was more robust, and so I have been unimpressed in comparison.

"Good all round system"

What do you like best?

IT connects with other products such as connectwise Control (formerly known as labtech)

Great APi and works with multiple apps (mfa/ITGlue/Auvik/Authanvil etc)

Comes with built in pricing/quoting tool that can check your suppliers inventory

What do you dislike?

Knowledge base online is out of date

Support tend to point you to KB's rather than remoting in and walking you through resolving the issue (understandable, not preferable)

Recommendations to others considering the product

get it

Automation of manual task such as alerting

Organised place for tickets/service requests

Store of KB articles

ConnectWise review by Frank H.
Frank H.

"ConnectWise PSA is the foundation on which our Professional Services business is built"

What do you like best?

ConnectWise delivers a robust, feature-rich 'system' for operating a Professional Services company. ConnectWise provides tools and functions to support essentially every aspect of a business - Marketing, Sales, Procurement, Projects, Service Desk, Finance, TIme & Expense, and Clientele (Company).

ConnectWise can be fully integrated with accounting systems (We use QuickBooks Enterprise), and, of course, with Quoting products (we use Quosal) and RMM (we use LabTech).

We can use it from mobile devices, which our field technicians like, as well as desktop machines.

We appreciate the ongoing improvements / updates delivered by ConnectWise and have found support to be very good (it is available by phone, chat, email). ConnectWise is also supported by a strong user community and user groups.

What do you dislike?

My personal dislike has been what I consider to be weak support for Project planning and management. Having been in this business for decades, including working as Project Manager in military/DoD environment, Project Management tools have been very basic (no ability to plan Project work/tickets based on dependencies, no tools to help smooth use of resources, etc, etc)

This has been changing of late, with a number of needed improvements in this area having been implemented and many more roadmapped.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Looking over other reviews, especially those with comments about being dismayed with complexity of setup, etc, etc, I feel it is important to let people considering ConnectWise PSA keep this in mind:

ConnectWise PSA is NOT something you simply 'plug in' and, voila, you are running a Professional Services company. You need to clearly understand and be able to explain your objectives / needs in terms of business plan / model / method of operation.

If you have that well defined, ConnectWise can guide you through implementing YOUR system.

If you do not have that well defined, implementation and operation will likely prove complex, time-consuming, and deliver problematic results.

Primary business problems solved:

1. Effective / efficient scheduling of resources to ensure client needs met expeditiously and appropriately, while enabling optimal utilization of our technicians.

2. Effective management of business from technical, financial, and achievement of business objectives perspectives.

ConnectWise review by Administrator

"Connectwise For IT Ticketing Solutions"

What do you like best?

Easy to create tickets

Easy to assign tickets and follow workflow

Easy to track progress of each ticket

Accessible anywhere with a web connection

Mobile Application

Allowing of uploads of pictures to tickets from mobile application

What do you dislike?

can sometimes be slow when starting up the software

can sometimes lag when left open for long periods of time

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a ticketing system that is user friendly, has plenty of features, and can handle alot of different tasks this is the system for you

Creating/Scheduling Tickets

"ConnectWise Manager"

What do you like best?

This software is very simple and very easy navigate.

What do you dislike?

Updating client addresses and info can be a hassle, wish there were an easier way to do this

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for an easy software and interface to use for your business needs, ConnectWise Manage is definitely a great choice!

Solving mostly Information Technology issues. Creating tickets for clients, looking up client invoices. The benefits I have realized from using CW Manager is that how easy it can be to update tickets and invoices.

ConnectWise review by Darren D.
Darren D.

"Connectwise - A great ticketing solution for any MSP"

What do you like best?

I love the various features all the way from invoicing and billing to service level ticketing.

What do you dislike?

The customization options can be a little hindering at times. Also, the knowledge base is tough to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Work closely with your support team to get it set up properly. Also attend IT Nation every year and join HTG to get support for best practices on how to do things more efficiently.

Tracking customer requests and projects is the main item we use ConnectWise for. We also use it for billing and invoicing so we can get paid.

ConnectWise review by C.J. E.
C.J. E.

"The gold standard in IT PSA"

What do you like best?

Connectwise does everything I want my PSA tool to do. From ticketing to project management to billing. It's a complete system.

What do you dislike?

Implementation can be a bear, and the support team isn't the most responsive on the planet. Make sure you have someone who can dedicate a decent amount of time to being your CW Admin.

Recommendations to others considering the product

TIME TIME TIME. It will take LOTS of it to get CW up and running properly. Support sucks, but there is an extremely large and active user community to help you out.

Getting everything under one roof. No more separate tickets for ticketing, billing and project management.,

ConnectWise review by Tyler W.
Tyler W.

"Connectwise Manage and benifits"

What do you like best?

Lots of features and easy to use. Also a Mobile app is helpful to keep on track out in the field.

What do you dislike?

The cost associated with it. It this also lacking some finance feature.

ConnectWise allows you to manage tickets and projects and make sure everything is on track

ConnectWise review by Shelby D.
Shelby D.

"Terrible product"

What do you like best?

I like the UserCentric option but wish it wasn't so hard to use.

What do you dislike?

I hate that this program is so slow! Everytime I clickanything I have to wait about 10 seconds to get to where I was trying to go.

Ticketing board and billing

ConnectWise review by Kevin M.
Kevin M.

"Used as tech in MSP "

What do you like best?

Everything was all in one. Time tracking was easy and great for keeping track of mileage. Also had good reports at end of month that we ran to see how many hours were used against a project. We also kept notes about each client in the customer tab which was helpful for handing off tickets to someone else on the team.

What do you dislike?

At the time it was not web based, and was very slow. We did have it connected to there cloud which went down from time to time and as it was our main business tracking, hurt. The speed was the only pain about the software. They may have increased it, have not used for 2 years. From what i remember too the app for the phone was not free also

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would demo to make sure speed is good for your company.

CRM, time tracking, project workflow management, client management, billing, and technical notes on client. We saw some good benefits from it, at the end of the day what you put into it, is what you get out of it. If you have a good staff entering projects and things into the sales pipeline then this product would be a good end to end solution.

ConnectWise review by Eric B.
Eric B.

"Connectwise user"

What do you like best?

i like that I can track all time and equipment in one place. it integrates with QuickBooks and my Quoting tool. managing and billing recurring services is really easy.

What do you dislike?

there are a lot of parts to it - and it's tough to know it all. trying to get help is a challenge sometimes. I don't like the contracts and license commitments

Recommendations to others considering the product

you have to be all in with it. you can't do it piece-meal

Time tracking is more efficient. Billing is much easier

ConnectWise review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Capture Your Day"

What do you like best?

Very extensive. You can track configurations, internal notes, and ultimately, billing information for the client.

What do you dislike?

The smaller companies may be daunted by the extensive nature of the software. If you have a way to bill your client through Quickbooks or other means, hold off on ConnectWise until you have at least 2 techs. Then you'll need this type product to document everything.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Are you getting it just to get a PSA or are you solving a nagging problem? It will force you to track your time better.

Once you solve a problem once and documented it. You can find it 6 months later when you have forgotten how you fixed it the first time.

ConnectWise review by Derek S.
Derek S.

"Amazingly rich software with constant improvement and automation"

What do you like best?

Great on so many levels. Perfect for MSPs and documenting solutions, inventory, tracking data and credentials, etc. Vast flexibility for different MSP models. Always more features to take on and utilize. Unbelievable productivity boost for engineers and tracking time.

What do you dislike?

Not a lot that does not work well. Smaller features within software do not work perfectly but improvements are made regularly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cannot recommend software more for MSPs. This is the best overall solution for an all-in software as you can get.

Inventory system, complete tracking of customers and issues from tickets to sales opportunities, to documentation, to billing and accounting.

ConnectWise review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Fast, agile CI management and help desk tool for MSPs"

What do you like best?

Easy configuration management, reviewing historical incident data is easy and quick.

What do you dislike?

Cloud infrastructure goes partially or fully down more than I would like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cloud based infrastructure means less on-site equipment to run services. Implementations can be as simple or complex as you'd like and if you're in the cloud, you don't need to worry about compute time or heavy SQL workloads.

Managing and maintaining configuration item data is a lot easier and our engineers have no issue searching for the data they need to do their jobs efficiently.

ConnectWise review by MaryEllen G.
MaryEllen G.

"Connectwise"

What do you like best?

We use connectwise as our ticking system and calendar. Works well. Love that it is outlook integrated and anything I put in connectwise shows up in my calendar.

What do you dislike?

Can be slow at times making productivity take a hit.

N/A

ConnectWise review by Thomas L.
Thomas L.

"ConnectWise drives our business and has allowed us to grow exponentially"

What do you like best?

ConnectWise allows our technicians to enter their time for service performed, resulting directly into a bill to our customers. This is a tremendous improvement over the previous hand written, multi form, break away days!

What do you dislike?

There are a number of "feature requests" such as the ability to mass change time entries and a number of other efficiency improvements that we've identified, but not seen implemented. Despite the occasional flaws, ConnectWise is an essential part of our business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely consider ConnectWise as any costs are outweighed when you find the productivity of your company increases tremendously.

There is no conceivable way we'd be able to quality control the workload of our growing service department without a PSA tool like ConnectWise. We're now more efficiently able to complete service, follow up on open issues, develop a sales pipeline, invoice our customers electron