Consensus

Intelligent product demo automation software

Work for Consensus?

Learning about Consensus?

Consensus Reviews

Ask Consensus a Question
Showing 10 Consensus reviews
Consensus review by Alina C.
Alina C.

"A very user friendly tool that indeed helps you boosts your sales engagement"

What do you like best?

The UI is very neat, intuitive and easy to use. The demolytics offer a fantastic transparency on the prospect's interaction with your demo, allowing you to improve the way you position the product.

The support team is absolutely great, I just love working with them - you get all the necessary help you could possibly ask for when adopting a new tool within your organization. Very pleased with our collaborations, wouldn't change a thing to the way we are currently interacting.

What do you dislike?

I haven't identified something to dislike at the moment, we are very happy with the way the tool works, although there are some features/widgets that can be added further down the road. The great thing is that the support team is very open to new suggestions and improvement ideas, involving the development team in this process.

Using Consensus we are now able to track prospect's interaction with our demos, identifying key needs related not only to the product itself, but also in regards to the way we are currently positioning them on the market.

It is also a great tool to measure sales activity when it comes to sending demo links to third interested parties.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Consensus
Consensus review by User

"Neat concept for a product, but customer support is lacking/lots of technical issues"

What do you like best?

The idea of having an interactive video for a prospect to assess a software is great.

What do you dislike?

I've run into so many technical issues when trying to get my first demo up and running. On our sales call we were promised that Consensus integrates with HubSpot, when in fact it doesn't - it requires paying for an additional 3rd party integration software. Every time I had an issue it took a long time to get it resolved with support. Also, the demo doesn't give you enough options for customization - while you can pick a color theme, you can't do anything with font, or changing around some other text. Ultimately we ended up canceling because we were so unhappy.

Trying to generate more inbound leads. While I do believe in the value of interactive content and I think Consensus is moving in the right direction, I think it has a ways to go until it reaches its full potential.

What Video Hosting solution do you use?

Consensus review by Brent P.
Brent P.

"Excellent Tool for Sales and Marketing"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Consensus is the immediate feedback I get when prospects are interacting with our video content. I know who is watching the video I sent over, with whom they have shared it, how many times they have watched it and how long they have spent watching.

What do you dislike?

The most difficult part of using consensus is keeping videos up to date. We've found that the process of creating video for use with Consensus has pulled the sales, marketing, and product teams together while forcing us to unify and clarify our messaging.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Understand that you will have to learn to tell your story in a succinct and effective way through video content. If you can do this Consensus will give you the technology and video production help to succeed in selling to complex buying groups.

The biggest problem we are solving with Consensus is nurturing our prospects and helping them tell our story internally. No matter how ambitious a champion is, they never have the full story to share internally. Consensus allows us to send proven and effective sales resources along with our champions to help them establish initial interest with other internal stakeholders.

Consensus review by TJ R.
TJ R.

"A New/Refreshing Approach That Opened Up New Possibilities"

What do you like best?

The approach that Consensus takes here has almost completely replaced the need to send static PDFs / slide decks / etc. to prospects, which is a very frustrating approach with a robust solution like ours hoping that a one page document can actually communicate value. Instead of that, we're able to send prospects video clips that overview our solution and highlight our core functionalities - narrated in our own words, with our own messaging/positioning - that make sure the right messages and the right value are being conveyed to the rest of the team that me or my sales reps might not have access to.

We primarily use Consensus to help us drive a buying consensus behind the scenes, but I understand many others use it from a prospecting perspective so it seems flexible when it comes to different applications throughout the sales cycle.

What do you dislike?

Personally, the UI - and therefore the overall UX - can be frustrating, but to be fair, my sales reps and I aren't in the solution on a daily basis. We primarily utilize the Chrome/Gmail extensions. My team has also struggled a bit to customize the different video offerings (for instance, wanting to forego an introduction video clip and show video clips B, C, D, and F maybe, instead of starting with clip A... another example is occasionally wanting to forego the screen where a prospect is asked to select which features of your product they care most to see, which in some cases provides tremendous value and in others can cause potential viewers to not watch the video).

Overall though, It's still a valuable product that helps us do something we've never done before, and some of our difficulties with the UI might just be user error.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you understand how you would best utilize Consensus - how we grew to use it wasn't what we thought initially, and it actually provided significantly more value to us than how we originally thought we were going to use it.

Consensus helps us own/control the messaging and positioning of our product as it begins to be socialized with potential buyers. Instead of relying on our contacts to try and share documents/files as best they can and hope it goes well, we get the chance to make sure the product is presented in the proper light and context through the use of the video clips.

It also helps us understand more of what our potential buyers see value in, thanks to the analytics on the back-end of Consensus.

Consensus review by Corey C.
Corey C.

"Easy and fast demo shares, with great data on success"

What do you like best?

The gmail plugin makes it very fast and easy to share a demo video. Then the automated alerts of when a demo is watched or shared is also incredible. A lot of functionality with very little work.

What do you dislike?

It's a little challenging to tweak the demo videos or make changes. I wish I could just as easily create my own demo videos or personalize what I'm doing a bit more. I'm not a product expert and know there are likely user weaknesses because of the lack of effort/time I've put into making it better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth a trial and wouldn't want to live without it. It's a powerful platform with a lot of potential.

Easily share demo clips with prospects and know who are watching them and who aren't.

Consensus review by Jake H.
Jake H.

"Great tracking device to see what prospects are viewing."

What do you like best?

I loved that you are able to track what link someone clicked on and what parts of a video or ad they viewed to give you some valuable information and leverage points when speaking with them next.

What do you dislike?

I did not like that if a person was to watch the ad again it would not tell you what part they watched the second time around to really be able to dive into what they are looking at.

Being able to track what video we sent out was watched and what information they watched on each video. This was very important in getting accurate data to speak with these prospective customers about things that may interest them.

Consensus review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Bumpy start but turned out great"

What do you like best?

Great concept and lots of flexibility in building "custom" automated demos - I love that you get full analytics such as which segments the person watched, how long they watched it for and who they forwarded it to. You can also add your own assets such as videos, documents, etc. which is great.

What do you dislike?

Having the Sales and Marketing pieces separate - it's quite expensive for this tool and due to budget constraints we had to choose one or the other.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared for the amount of up front work required, you are the expert in your business so you need to have a solid grasp of your benefits and the messaging you want to use. The team will take it from there and create some great videos, they're also very easy to work with. We actually had an issue with our first team but our success manager took full ownership and even involved the CEO to get it resolved right away. We couldn't be happier.

Trying to free up our sales team from scheduling one-on-one demos that are either not a good fit, or single seat subscriptions. The automated demo lets them spend their time on larger deals that are a better use of their time.

Consensus review by Chris L.
Chris L.

"Great for sending tailored videos"

What do you like best?

I like how the prospect can choose what they want to watch

What do you dislike?

As a sales rep - that I know of I am bound to use videos made by marketing. I'm sure I could make my own but it would be great to do screen capture videos so I can show prospects specific things.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great if you have the ability to make engaging videos for your prospects.

Sales. I've had great insight to what and when my prospects watch the video's I send.

Consensus review by User in Human Resources
User in Human Resources

"A Great Tool For Your Sales Organization"

What do you like best?

Consensus allows you to reach stakeholders in a more personalized way and understand what is going to help them make a purchasing decision.

What do you dislike?

Your sales team has to fully commit to making it work and you will need to have video professionally made in-house or through a 3rd party.

Better reach stakeholders. Give internal champion a controlled message.

Consensus review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Excellent Partner Lead Generation Tool"

What do you like best?

As a channel marketing manager, Consensus provides a great tool for partners to leverage existing manufacturer demos to augment digital lead generation efforts. The ease of use from onboarding and training provided is exceptional.

What do you dislike?

Reporting is a bit of an issue if you are managing a large group of global partners and don't have an actual 'account.'

Lead generation efforts through Consensus allows to meet the challenges of content syndication and ensures lead capture at the top of the funnel.

Learning about Consensus?

* We monitor all Consensus reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.