Constant Contact Services

3.7

Constant Contact is a platform that empowers small businesses and nonprofits to grow and succeed through email marketing.

Work for Constant Contact Services?

Learning about Constant Contact Services?

Constant Contact Services Reviews

Ask Constant Contact Services a Question
Showing 11 Constant Contact Services reviews
Constant Contact Services review by Ashley N. B.
Ashley N. B.

"Perhaps CC should list to 10+ years clients who adhere to best practices"

What do you like best?

I like the ability of CC to manage the contact database, For example, the same email campaign can be sent multiple times and it will not appear in the same inbox twice. It also merges duplicate contacts. This really gives peace of mind for those worried about spamming subscribers.

Honestly, CC's best selling points is that none of the competitors are comparable.

What do you dislike?

Be extremely careful when importing contacts. CC wants to see how they actively subscribed. Sometimes it is hard to prove this when you have entered information for people you have an established relationship with, or if they verbally requested to be added. CC wants to actually see the (paper) sign-up sheet. This is unachievable for businesses/groups that have been around long enough to have established an email list based on personal relationships. Also, if the email campaign does not promote a product or solicit donations, updates on e.g. new, educational blog posts should not cause CC to initiate an investigation of practices (so long as there is a clear option to unsubsribe and the list is being managed in an ethical manner).

For instance, an email list that updates interested individuals on current events has utilized CC (and paid large sums of money to CC) for 10+ years, had an 30% open rate (twice the industry average), only had one spam report in a decade (which was from an irate individual), and does not even profit from email campaigns should not be subject to an investigation requiring long-term subscribers to op-in just because a contact database was exported, segmented in accordance to CC best practices, and then re-uploaded with the exact same contacts that were included in the original database.

After speaking to five representatives over the course of five hours, it became clear that CC does not value their most loyal customers, even if these customers exemplify best results. Given the thousands paid over the years for the account, this isn't just bad customer service -- it is also bad economics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

See my earlier comments about the drawbacks of CC.

Unfortunately, despite my experience, I still believe there is no better alternative. However, you must take some pretty gratuitous precautions in importing contacts. I understand that they are facing a lot of lawsuits regarding unsolicited emails to contact lists that are often paid for. For those of us who display best practices, this is ridiculous.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Constant Contact Services
Constant Contact Services review by Candace C.
Candace C.

"I use Constant Contact to help promote a client via email campaigns"

What do you like best?

The thing that I liked best about Constant Contact Services is the prompt responses to all my questions. The staff I encounter were very friendly and helpful, and helped boost my clients email marketing opens by almost double. I didn't always have the time to set up emails for my client and this helped me out a lot. Lets just say my client was very pleased.

What do you dislike?

There really wasn't much to dislike about Constant Contact Services. If I had to squeeze for something I would say the initial set up through them was a bit of a pain in the rear end and they tried to sell me a lot of extra stuff I didn't need. I did knock the rating down a bit for the over selling they try but you almost expect the sales pitches anymore anyway.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Constant Contact services to anyone with a busy life schedule that doesn't have the time or the time to learn effective email marketing. I recommend this to anyone who likes to leave it to the professionals.

What Email Marketing Services solution do you use?

Constant Contact Services review by G2 Crowd User in Non-Profit Organization Management
G2 Crowd User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Great for contact management, but terrible customer service "

What do you like best?

Compared to competitors, Constant Contact exceeded expectations for creating a design from scratch instead of using a template to better suit business needs. Design is relatively flexible The supplied stock images are helpful as well.

What do you dislike?

As for the design, sizing images can be difficult when you are using a self-designed template. As for the contact management services, representatives have very little technical knowledge and don't seem to understand marketing techniques used within certain industries.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't expect them to have much technical knowledge.

Constant Contact Services review by G2 Crowd User in Entertainment
G2 Crowd User in Entertainment

"Great Easy Use"

What do you like best?

That it is a one stop shop. We can create and send emails for our campaigns. I love seeing the stats of viewed, clicks, etc... Great to see how many customers are looking at the emails.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing at this moment in time. It does everything we need it to do quickly and easily.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great! Very easy to use. Anyone with a little bit of knowledge can jump on the site and use it. Very straightforward step by step guide when building your email lists and emails.

Constant Contact Services review by G2 Crowd User
G2 Crowd User

"Pretty good"

What do you like best?

I like being able to see who opens, clicks, and ignores. It helps me understand the engagement level of various clients and prospects so I can share with sales to assist them in their sales cycle process.

What do you dislike?

I wish it automatically scrubbed lists. When emails bounce or position holders are updated, I wish it could process those auto-replies and reflect them in the email lists without having to manually update.

Constant Contact Services review by G2 Crowd User in Public Relations and Communications
G2 Crowd User in Public Relations and Communications

"Super Easy, looks great - a bit expensive."

What do you like best?

I liked the ease of uploading lists, opening an email and getting out a great looking template.

What do you dislike?

The pricing is absolutely horrid. Total robbery.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They go above and beyond to help their clientele, they're very friendly and do whatever they can to advise, complete a task, etc.

Constant Contact Services review by G2 Crowd User in Banking
G2 Crowd User in Banking

"Constant contact"

What do you like best?

It is simple to use, and I seem to remember it is inexpensive

What do you dislike?

It is simple, and with it being simple I don’t remember it having a lot of things to upgrade.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They are user friendly

Constant Contact Services review by G2 Crowd User in Information Technology and Services
G2 Crowd User in Information Technology and Services

"social media"

What do you like best?

the system is easy to use, simple to edit and send out to customers.

What do you dislike?

i have not found anything with this system that i don't like or would request changing at this time.

Constant Contact Services review by G2 Crowd User in Oil & Energy
G2 Crowd User in Oil & Energy

"More effective than anticipated!"

What do you like best?

Ease and effectiveness of the email service.

What do you dislike?

After months of use and hundreds of engagements, we still haven't encountered any dislikes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, it's easier than you think and will be well worth the investment.

Constant Contact Services review by G2 Crowd User in Marketing and Advertising
G2 Crowd User in Marketing and Advertising

"User friendly platform with results "

What do you like best?

The ease of use and quality of email elements

What do you dislike?

Nothing. Great software! I enjoyed the options to customize appearance and theme

G2 Crowd User in Public Relations and Communications

"Works well"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and appearance. Good graphics as well

What do you dislike?

Should have more no-cost photos and other graphics, but selection is pretty good

Learning about Constant Contact Services?

* We monitor all Constant Contact Services reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.