Constant Contact

Constant Contact

83 6.6 / 10
Request a Demo
Constant Contact introduced the first email marketing tool for small businesses, nonprofits, and associations in 1998. Today, the company helps more than 600,000 customers worldwide find marketing success through the only all-in-one online marketing platform for small organizations.

Constant Contact Reviews (83)

• I love that Constant Contact has become a real all in one solution for modern web communication. It's not just email anymore -- through Constant Contact, you can even... Read More
    0 jbmxxpwp4iltzq4nx 2hxarg4f  vqmnxlshxrmffo6pegm9ltypekd39tty9tzspkutibbfr86h
    Kristin H.
  • Constant Contact has a very friendly UI, making it a snap for anyone to log in and create a visually stimulating email. The drag and drop functionality is easy to use... Read More
    0 toanqyl4d5bh pmk3jhwqp6v7q ziphkiyldqptkk 6epz0rd43ssyzethtb8rdy8j1eruxdow c
    Casey S.
    Administrator in Publishing
Validated Review

Constant contact is tacky, unproffessional and cheap

What do you like best?

They do what they are supposed to do. Send emails. Nothing more nothing less.

What do you dislike?

You get assigned an account representative. That is the only one who will assist you. If said person is busy on the phone, or at lunch you need to wait. I ended up using Google to solve many of my problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I was not happy. Though my account representative was a lovely girl named Kaligh O. Pitty that she wasnt in management,

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

After I started my own business, I was delighted to see that Constant Contact had a 60 day trial for free. That was perfect for me. I had used them in the past as the manager of my previous company, and this would allow me to build my contact list without having to worry about justifying another monthly bill while I scratched and clawed for business leads. I was happy for a few weeks. I sent out occasional emails and eventually compiled got 21 contacts. That was until this morning. I got a call from a Jack or Matt from Constant contact. He said that I was manipulating my trial because I was exceeding the max of sending to 10 contacts. I had not realized that I was not allowed to copy emails and resend them to others. Now like I said, I wasn't sending to hundreds of contacts. I sent this particular email to 17. He threatened to block my account. I was very befuddled. I have come to expect this service from my bank, or struggling small businesses. Not from legit companies like Amazon....

Updated On

Constant Contact is easy to use, affordable and has great customer service!

What do you like best?

I've used Constant Contact for several years in a couple different companies. I attended a training where they helped me build a custom template for my business and educated me on important marketing strategies and pitfalls to avoid. I find the templates easy to navigate and when I have had trouble, my call was answered right away by customer support who were knowledgeable and helped fix my mistakes. Overall, great company!

What do you dislike?

I haven't had many problems except when I've tried to edit the code and have had to have customer service fix it, but again they were friendly and patient with me and were able to correct it!

Recommendations to others considering the product

In comparing different email marketing companies, Constant Contact seemed like the obvious choice for our business. They have all the features we need and the excellent customer support has ensured I'm using the product correctly.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

I use it mostly to connect with clients and provide them with updates on the company and pertinent information. We have a high open rate for our industry and I think the training I attended really helped me craft my emails in such a way that we get a lot of clicks to articles and the website.

Updated On

Started from scratch…Learned it fast.

What do you like best?

Top of the best list: the customer support team. I started as an email marking novice and now I am gaining confidence with each interaction online or over the phone. From basic template help to webinars that focus on tips/techniques, I am now able to design and produce an email campaign quickly and successfully -- and with the metrics to demonstrate that success to the people I report to and the people I support in my organization.

What do you dislike?

Top of the dislike list: the saving routine. It's a small point in the overall big picture. But, the need to save the text/graphic section I am working on and then save the entire email draft is a source of frustration. Isn't there an autosave function that could save me time?

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have worked with "the freebie" email marketing services in other settings and do not find them to have the same ease of use or flexibility. And, I am so pleased with the support team at Constant Contact. They have been there every time I needed help.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

I am an outreach coordinator for non-profit organizations and I am actively trying to engage audiences across both traditional and digital media platforms. The Constant Contact suite allows me to segment and interact with my contact list as the message or the need changes. And, I am very thankful that I have access to the expanded image library functionality. Having those graphic files handy allows me to add visual impact to the message.

Constant Contact Helps Me Stay Connected

What do you like best?

My mission is educate people on the benefits of living a healthy lifestyle! Through Constant Contact, I can customize my newsletter to share my own photos of food, videos and health tips that inspire my readers that they too can be healthier. I love the improvements that Constant Contact has made to simplify the process of putting together a newsletter that is attractive, informative and fun to read! I actually find it enjoyable to produce something that I can be proud of! I like how easily I can schedule my email marketing announcements to a large audience and feel comfortable that my message is actually getting delivered! And knowing that it is mobile-friendly, attractive and easy to read is equally important!

What do you dislike?

I would prefer to not have to pay for a Image Library.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great way to use your branding and create your own look!

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

Getting started on Constant Contact was easy and the Support Team at Constant Contact is superb! Using Constant Contact makes it easy to stay in touch with my former clients, those who have heard me speak and anyone else who is interested in being healthy. It's almost effortless to update your contact list! My readers know that I am relevant and current on nutrition, health and food trends. Posting my newsletter and workshops on Social Media is simple and easy.

Internal Consultant in Computer Software - Constant Contact Review Author

Good for Our purposes

What do you like best?

We are a small non-profit. The biggest hurdle to adopting any technology in a small non-profit, and other small companies, is that no one has the time to learn to use the technology, and if they do, when they leave (there is high turnover in non-profits) then you have to train someone else to use the technology, assuming anybody else even knows how to use it. This is why websites are difficult for non-profits.

Constant Contact must, therefore, be very intuitive, both in managing the contacts database and in constructing mailings (newsletters or whatever. We think they succeed at that. We found it relatively easy to upload and manage contacts (from Excel files, of course), and to use the little HTML editor for making our newsletter.

What do you dislike?

It does what it says it does. People here complain about the inability to talk to them, but if any talking were necessary, the product would lose. It has to work out of the box and be usable by anyone. Go try to talk to Google about your Google+ account. Yeah, right. We did not expect advice, and it was crucial that we never have to talk to a support person. Accomplished.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For non-profits: Since you want something easy and (let's face it) free, there are other vendors competing for your business. All of them get more expensive as your contact list goes over a certain size. Comparison shopping is a good idea.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

Send a regular email newsletter to our non-profit's supporters and donors. This augments a Facebook page that is also part of our relationship with our supporters. The newsletter has to be attractive, professional and fun. We can do that.

Response from Jason Fidler of Constant Contact

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback and for the kind words regarding our email creation and contact management features!

For those who have... Read full response

Tags

* We monitor all Constant Contact reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Would you like to receive more information about Constant Contact?