Constant Contact

Constant Contact

120 ratings
1107.210
Request a Demo
Constant Contact introduced the first email marketing tool for small businesses, nonprofits, and associations in 1998. Today, the company helps more than 650,000 customers worldwide find marketing success through the only all-in-one online marketing platform for small organizations.

Constant Contact Reviews (110 reviews)

• I love that Constant Contact has become a real all in one solution for modern web communication. It's not just email anymore -- through Constant Contact, you can even...Read More
    0 jbmxxpwp4iltzq4nx 2hxarg4f  vqmnxlshxrmffo6pegm9ltypekd39tty9tzspkutibbfr86h
    Kristin H.
  • Constant Contact has a very friendly UI, making it a snap for anyone to log in and create a visually stimulating email. The drag and drop functionality is easy to use...Read More
    0 toanqyl4d5bh pmk3jhwqp6v7q ziphkiyldqptkk 6epz0rd43ssyzethtb8rdy8j1eruxdow c
    Casey S.
    Administrator in Publishing
G2 Crowd User: Brianna S.
Validated Review

Constant Contact is easy to use, affordable and has great customer service!

What do you like best?

I've used Constant Contact for several years in a couple different companies. I attended a training where they helped me build a custom template for my business and educated me on important marketing strategies and pitfalls to avoid. I find the templates easy to navigate and when I have had trouble, my call was answered right away by customer support who were knowledgeable and helped fix my mistakes. Overall, great company!

What do you dislike?

I haven't had many problems except when I've tried to edit the code and have had to have customer service fix it, but again they were friendly and patient with me and were able to correct it!

Recommendations to others considering the product

In comparing different email marketing companies, Constant Contact seemed like the obvious choice for our business. They have all the features we need and the excellent customer support has ensured I'm using the product correctly.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

I use it mostly to connect with clients and provide them with updates on the company and pertinent information. We have a high open rate for our industry and I think the training I attended really helped me craft my emails in such a way that we get a lot of clicks to articles and the website.

G2 Crowd User: Christopher B.

Couldn't be any easier!

What do you like best?

I have a lot of knowledge in design with websites and email marketing, but some of my staff do not. This software makes it so easy for our employees to write newsletters for our system updates. The best part about the software is the ease of use. I can take a new employee, give them the login credentials, and not even have to explain to them how to send out a newsletter. The WYSIWYG editor makes it simple to create a custom HTML email and blast it out to all my customers

What do you dislike?

I don't have any dislikes about the software, but just a slight issue I ran into one day. I deleted the images from my gallery and didn't realize that those images were not embedded in the email, they were on their server. This caused my newsletter that I sent out a few days earlier to have broken image links. I quickly realized this and I was able to restore the images from their recycle bin.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I do recommend sending out sample emails to employees within your company before sending out the final version to your customers. It doesn't hurt to have several more sets of eyes to proof-read and make suggestions about your newsletters that you are sending out.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

I've been struggling with communicating our new software features to our users. We have our own dashboard which shows all the new features, but this wasn't enough. Constant Contact allows me to put descriptions about all of our new feature directly in the inbox of our customers. My unsubscribe rate is very minimal and I have a high read-rate on these newsletters that I sent out.

G2 Crowd User: Mike M.

Mike Munter, Constant Contact Review

What do you like best?

Phone support. I'm not a super techie guy and reliable phone support is the deciding factor for many of the software programs I invest in.

Anytime I have a problem, I call them up and there is no question too simple. I'm am walked through my solution screen by screen while my patient customer service rep stands by. With Constant Contact, I feel supported at every turn. They do everything, but press SEND for me :)

What do you dislike?

Nothing. Email marketing is a simple way to remain top of mind with customers. It's a great way to let people know that you're still doing what you're doing.

Here's an example - a realtor told me this story. She was contacted out of the blue by someone she had sold a home for several years prior. The person said was looking to buy a new home and started his email with, "Hey, are you still doing real estate?" This should never happen! Constant Contact helps you stay in touch, so all your "people" know that you are still active at whatever you are doing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do it :)

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

We're helping clients keep in touch with customers. We're cross-selling customers into new products. We're getting orders from people we haven't spoken to in a long time (a B2B client recently had that happen). We're driving website traffic for clients and we're helping their customers stay up to date with news and events.

G2 Crowd User: Menachem S.
Validated Review

Constant contact is tacky, unproffessional and cheap

What do you like best?

They do what they are supposed to do. Send emails. Nothing more nothing less.

What do you dislike?

You get assigned an account representative. That is the only one who will assist you. If said person is busy on the phone, or at lunch you need to wait. I ended up using Google to solve many of my problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I was not happy. Though my account representative was a lovely girl named Kaligh O. Pitty that she wasnt in management,

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

After I started my own business, I was delighted to see that Constant Contact had a 60 day trial for free. That was perfect for me. I had used them in the past as the manager of my previous company, and this would allow me to build my contact list without having to worry about justifying another monthly bill while I scratched and clawed for business leads. I was happy for a few weeks. I sent out occasional emails and eventually compiled got 21 contacts. That was until this morning. I got a call from a Jack or Matt from Constant contact. He said that I was manipulating my trial because I was exceeding the max of sending to 10 contacts. I had not realized that I was not allowed to copy emails and resend them to others. Now like I said, I wasn't sending to hundreds of contacts. I sent this particular email to 17. He threatened to block my account. I was very befuddled. I have come to expect this service from my bank, or struggling small businesses. Not from legit companies like Amazon....

G2 Crowd User: Liz H.

Constant Contact Rocks Email For Small Businesses

What do you like best?

As a marketing firm for many small businesses, I researched the best product to help small businesses with a cost effective tool that is easy to use and powerful enough to connect many different marketing tools in one package. The benefits of using one tool for Email Marketing, Event Marketing, Surveys & Polls, Social Campaigns (App for Facebook that collects more Email Sign-ups and or Delivers Trackable coupons or Downloaded Guides through Facebook contacts) all wrapped up in one package and sharing segmented Email lists, is just what small business owners need.They have only so much time and a limited budget, so they need to expedite their newsletters, promotions, surveys and Events taking a minimum time for layout and providing automated registration and reports to really show you how readers and followers are using those tools.

I use the more advance features of the auto-responder to set up a series of Emails for my clients follow up, so all they have to do is upload a...

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, the site is backed up and there is a delay however they do provide a website link that keeps you appraised of any delays and expected times for the issue to be corrected. They also do update the software regularly (like adding mobile responsive templates) however sometimes the older templates you have been used to using are not available in the new template format.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get the trial and test it out so you can see if it works for your company.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

My clients need to get exposure to their existing client and their potential customers 7-9 times in 6-8 weeks. That means we have to be creative and get a lot done within the most cost effective media. The money they spend on their Constant Contact account pays for itself and more. My clients feel that I am providing them with many services and I am making the most of the Constant Contact support and tools to make them look even better. Recently a hotel I work for needed to sell some rooms during a concert period as one of their clients who was reserving a block of rooms released them just two weeks before the event. We structured a targeted Email with a Special offer and sent it out to everyone who had stayed at the hotel and we added a coupon and social campaign to get the word out through facebook as well as email. In addition we added facebook ads that we uploaded using the link to our Email and the social campaign facebook app from Constant Contact. Then we boosted the posts...

Email Customization
Time Savings
Surveys
Weigh in yourself!

Tags

* We monitor all Constant Contact reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Would you like to receive more information about Constant Contact?