Constant Contact

Constant Contact

Constant Contact introduced the first email marketing tool for small businesses, nonprofits, and associations in 1998. Today, the company helps hundreds of thousands of customers worldwide find marketing success through the only all-in-one online marketing platform for small organizations.

Work for Constant Contact?

Learning about Constant Contact?

Constant Contact Reviews

Showing 2302 Constant Contact reviews
Constant Contact review by <span>Kimberly R.</span>
Kimberly R.

"Wonderful addition to small business marketing"

What do you like best?

This is a great program that allows me to plan the marketing from our small business out for several months, a necessary feature when you wear multiple hats. It easily allows you to sort your contacts via different forms. We run an event venue and have separate e-mail blasts for corporate, catering, and wedding clients so that feature is wonderful. It also allows me to add new contacts via excel spreadsheet, which we get a lot of our contacts from through exposition events that we attend like bridal and trade shows.

What do you dislike?

The templates can be finicky and ultimately I tend to design most of our e-mails on other software and import it in. Simple tasks like resizing pictures and adjusting font can be difficult and frustrating within the server, but this may have something to do with the HTML features. We upload a single PDF or JPG with our information and add text as opposed to putting everything into the template.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a simple interface with some nice added bells and whistles that don't completely take away from the usage, this is your program.

We are able to put out monthly newsletters to keep our customers in the know about specials and events that we have going on. The feature that allows you to resend e-mails to people who never opened the original is unique and something I haven't seen elsewhere.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Constant Contact
Constant Contact review by <span>Andrea C.</span>
Andrea C.

"Constant Contact, the One-Stop Solution for Local Business & Brands"

What do you like best?

I like that I can add events, polls, coupons, and "text to join" our marketing campaigns. I also like the social media integration and widget for the website (event calendar for example.) The customer support is the best feature, by email, chat and you can even get a live person by phone! Also, you are assigned a Success Manager to help get you started with the best package, your first campaign as well as a customized templat to match the look and feel of yoru brand. There are also tons of articles and video tutorials to walk you through every task on the platform.

What do you dislike?

$45 per month is not always an easy sell for clients with 500 contacts or less. Also, CC only allows for one Welcome Email, I would like a different one for each list if I choose. I would also like the Constant Contact branding to be more subtle on campaigns - their logo is prominent at the bottom of email campaigns for example..I would also like more control of header graphic on campaigns and sign up forms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend some time in the vast library of tutorials and help videos. This will ease the learning curve for using a new system.

Maintaining and building relationships with subscribers. Staying relevant and top-of-, mind. Helping clients do the same. The landing pages have been a good feature for clients who choose to have a "brochure, informational only" style website. Also, the various lead capture options are effective - popup box can be timed or pop up on visitor exit. Of course, they have the traditional sign up box.

What Email Marketing solution do you use?

Constant Contact review by <span>Kathy K.</span>
Kathy K.

"Powerful communications tool"

What do you like best?

The formatting process keeps getting easier and easier. The results are visually appealing and adaptable to many platforms, from PC to small devices. There is great flexibility in setting up blocks of information, images and documents are easy to upload. It's much easier to move blocks around, and there are more options for formatting.

What do you dislike?

Some of the formatting functions are still fall a little short, but the process has been improving steadily over the past couple of years, so I'm hopeful it will continue to be streamlined. One quirk in particular with the newest templates is newly uploaded images don't always appear; at least once per session I have to refresh the page for everything to appear.

It would also be a great time saver for documents to appear in some particular order. As it is, a document can upload at the beginning of the list, in the middle, or at the end. The logic isn't clear, so I often spend more time than I would like looking for a document I just uploaded so I can link it to my message.

It's very easy for us to communicate with our church congregation from a simple reminder message to a more longer weekly message that includes several links to various documents and websites.

Constant Contact review by <span>Tracy C.</span>
Tracy C.

"Industry standard platform with great service "

What do you like best?

Constant Contact is an industry standard. Like how it allows us to connect with our website to allow prospects to join our mailing list as well as the text to join capabilities. New drag and drop template design is easier to work with. Really appreciate having the online LiveChat customer service. I've used that a lot and it has been extremely helpful in troubleshooting last minute technical issues I've had with eblasts.

What do you dislike?

Would appreciate adding greater functionality along the lines of the following:

• Easier tracking of images. If use a lot of images in designs it can be hard to find the image you want. Can't see full image name and thumbnail of pix are small so hard to see which one you're choosing.

• Better understanding of the bounces. Many come up as suspended, but no real understanding or reasoning for this given.

• Better click tracking reports. Seems like with the newer templates this has changed.

• Better ways to avoid getting caught in spam filters

Recommendations to others considering the product

updated templates don't offer Google Analytics tracking. Really hoping that very valuable feature is added back ASAP

connecting with customers and prospects.

Constant Contact review by <span>Tisha M.</span>
Tisha M.

"Easy to create emails that get opened"

What do you like best?

I absolutely love the templates. Since I am trying to create and maintain my brand CC's templates are a huge part of that. So many color, box and image options.

What do you dislike?

The CC app is very difficult to use if you are creating a new email. It is great for checking on sent emails, tracking who opened them and so on. It allows me to do follow up on the road rather than stopping and logging into the regular website to see.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The price is perfect and the emails are so easy to create and track. CC makes it very easy to grow your business.

Branding - it takes 7 times for a store to remember your product. I use CC as one of the reminders. Each time I send out an email I can see who opens them and then follow up with a phone call. Each interaction gets me that much closer to a sale.

Constant Contact review by <span>Randy L.</span>
Randy L.

"Ahhh... My old Friend!!"

What do you like best?

The protection of my domain name and the reputation of a trusted service. I am also familiar with the product as I used it 10 years ago. Obviously it is a good viable way to communicate via internet access as it has passed all laws. The double opt in is one of my favorite features. I don't want to be considered a spam communicator.

What do you dislike?

Wish they offered a Text drop service to the same contacts. If the system automatically upgrades to the next program if you exceed the contact number threshold, it should also work in reverse, meaning if my contacts list falls below a certain amount, it should automatically downgrade your plan.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Maybe offer a way to Text drop or voice mail drop the same contacts . I don't really have any other suggestions but this thing will not get me away from it unless I fill it with unneeded and unnecessary fluff, I do not understand why you force more than just my opinion.

I am not looking like a "spammer" and if you want to stop, just opt out! It has an awesome news letter builder so now I can just give information without have to always seem like I need a reason for contacting them. They can also get helpful information from me which means I can build rapport and trust. Hopefully it will generate referrals sales.

Constant Contact review by <span>Brandon N.</span>
Brandon N.

"Love it!"

What do you like best?

The interface is easy to use and keeping up with contact lists is a breeze. Especially with the most recent update, it makes it easy for me to make sure that the text goes where I want it to go and it ensures that I am able to keep everything the same from email to email. Additionally, having the chance to copy an email and then edit it again makes it great for sending out a series of campaigns. For example, we just had an event at work and I sent 5 emails with the same format for 5 weeks. instead of having to redo each email, I was able to copy the original email and then go from there.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to merge contact lists together and I wish it was a little bit easier to get pictures to go where you wanted in the emails. I feel as if sometimes the pictures are placed into the email without much thought and it can lead to difficulty in trying to keep it professional. For example, I have noticed that when it comes to trying to do an image on one side and text on another, the image will sometimes cut into the text making the email look unprofessional, which can be a problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

N/A

It makes it so easy for us to keep in touch with our participants and I love how they respond to the emails.

Constant Contact review by <span>Maryanne R.</span>
Maryanne R.

"Looks beautiful and is hard-working under the hood"

What do you like best?

Constant Contact has beautiful templates with easy drag and drop blocks to help build professional and visually pleasing emails. The Contacts are easily organized into groups and the data on these groups is easily accessible. It is a good experience for both the sender and the receiver.

What do you dislike?

Constant Contact does not. use the same metrics we enjoy for our customers to assess the Constant Contact customers. We get repeated offers for things we are already participating in. Not a dislike, really, a waste of time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have recommended to agencies that have a small staff to manage many email messages. It keeps your contacts organized and catches duplicate emails as it goes. It meters the email sending so you don't have to.

We are a K-12 school and our parent communications are largely through Constant Contact. Parents know what to expect and watch for our emails.

Constant Contact review by <span>Suzanne M.</span>
Suzanne M.

"I use Constant Contact to send business email campaigns for various industries."

What do you like best?

I like that I can schedule an email and the detailed, real time reporting and tracking features. I like how easy it is to manage several contact lists and how they are automatically de-duped.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the limited design capabilities. I usually just send up designing my own template, saving it as a jpeg image and inserting into the email template. I also don't like that there is no location tracking for email recipients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a good tool for email campaigns, especially for users who do not have design capabilities. For experienced designers, you may get frustrated with the set design parameters.

I am able to reach my company's target audience easily and track interest. The benefits are immediate response. I also appreciate the extended reach that can be achieved by the forwarding feature, although if the person you forward the email to unsubscribes, it will take the sender's name off of your contact list.

Constant Contact review by <span>Jessie P.</span>
Jessie P.

"Good but needs work"

What do you like best?

Nice, Clean designs with best send times

What do you dislike?

Templates are rigid & mobile needs work

Recommendations to others considering the product

The basics are there, but I recommend utilizing all marketing best practices when designing campaigns. The emails can look tacky if not designed thoughtfully. Also be careful when inserting images - make sure the resolution is high enough (screenshots don't always turn out well), and be prepared for layouts that don't allow much movement of images. I suggest stocking your library with all the media you use consistently, eg: logos, visuals, box text, etc so that you can easily pull from that stock when designing. It saves you time and effort when you don't have to hunt around for that one picture. Something I think very important is how the campaign will look on different screens: mobile, desktop, tablet, etc. For example you often don't see the color border when viewing on mobile, although it appears on a desktop. If the color scheme plays into your design in an important way, try to include it in the background, photos, or text you use instead.

Easily mails to thousands of contacts, with best send time option which is very handy. It's great for getting our message out as a nonprofit because we can electronically send our newsletters and updates to our supporters.

Constant Contact review by <span>Victoria S.</span>
Victoria S.

"Easy Use, but Slightly Outdated"

What do you like best?

The ability to keep thousands of business contacts on hand whenever and wherever we need them. Allows user(s) to connect a contact form to WordPress for bloggers. Shows all activity and reports on active members within your list of contacts, as well as how many emails were opened versus the number of emails in your marketing blast. Constant Contact also has free webinars and classes for business people, which is great for people looking to grow their business. Emails can be formatted to fit computer- based and mobile- based online reading. I can also look up singular members by phone number, first and/or name, or email address.

What do you dislike?

The software and format is slightly outdated, compared to other modern clouds and records websites. Also lacks a few simple features within the program, such as providing direction to the user. (I.e., after entering a single contact, the user is directed to a single information page of the contact they just entered, and provides no options as to what could happen next; such as entering another contact, going to the home page, or information revision.)

Entering contacts is easy one-by-one, but software has minimal tutorials on how to use the program for beginners. It took me a while to figure out how to enter many contacts at the same time, rather than one at a time. When you have several hundred new contacts to enter, it can take a while to have to redirect to four pages before

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's easy to use and inexpensive, as far as these types of programs go.

I love that I can look up information per contact whenever I need it, and connecting to WordPress is a fantastic way to keep up with new people in my blogspace.

Constant Contact review by <span>Ryan S.</span>
Ryan S.

"Easily navigable marketing email platform, but emails sometimes don't end up in inboxes"

What do you like best?

Constant Contact was so much easier to use than a mail merge because the platform allowed us to input all emails into one folder and populate successive emails with the addresses. We were also able to monitor our research participant engagement through tracking whether or not they opened emails, which we needed to be able to do.

What do you dislike?

The one issue we experienced was that the emails were often getting sent to our participants' second tier or junk emails. We are not sure why this happened, but it forced us to ask the research participants to add our email addresses to their contact lists since they needed to be receiving these emails. I'm not sure why this was (maybe the spam filter recognized a mass email), but functionality to prevent this would make Constant Contact the perfect platform.

Sending mass emails quickly and efficiently while tracking whether our research subjects are actually opening the emails we send them.

Constant Contact review by <span>Michael P.</span>
Michael P.

"Pressure to grow list with the limited Free Trial"

What do you like best?

Great email builder, arguably much more developer friendly than Mailchimp (although Mailchimp is much friendlier for casual users) as well as very deep A/B testing capabilities that rival Mailchimp.

What do you dislike?

For new clients starting with a small list, the "free trial" time is limited, and will start generating operating costs much sooner than using Mailchimp's unlimited free period that grows with the list size. Send times seem to be a bit longer than Mailchimp at times, and the UI can be a bit more laggy and have more frequent down-times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Considering the competitors, there really isn't a silver bullet that Constant Contact provides over the rest, but it's a solid product at a competitive price. Not the greatest when your just trying out a new or small email list and want to play around for a few months since the trial is limited.

Constant Contact solves generally all the same email marketing problems that other providers do, although it's had more time to mature compared to Mailchimp so the feature set is larger. Some of our clients prefer to use Constant Contact given it's been around for longer and is perceived as the industry standard for larger corporations. No additional benefits in actuality have been realized.

Constant Contact review by <span>Gail T.</span>
Gail T.

"Constant Contact not my fave"

What do you like best?

Replication works well. Changing items in the library works well, even after message sent. Figuring that out the first time was difficult.

That login is saved in computer so login is easier.

What do you dislike?

Cost. Can't create own email appearance, only choose from their designs. Not enough free art. That most recent upload isn't automatically at the top for linking in email message. I tie to a PDF e-newsmagazine. Wish I could take out some of the air in the facing email that has the link to the PDF.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Investigate all products to find the one that will reach the most of your potential subscribers. Many ISPs automatically block Constant Contact emails.

Be systematic in naming your messages so they stay chronological. Be systematic in naming your images so you can sort them.

Communicating with many; ISPs are so restricted. Having similarity in message appearance for branding. Having single place that email addresses are held to facilitate message distribution.

Constant Contact review by <span>Lorie M.</span>
Lorie M.

"We love using it but sometimes it doesn't love us."

What do you like best?

We have used Constant Contact for about 10 years now. The support staff has been great whenever we've had issues (which isn't very often). The database is easy to use and to add our own unique fields. The email software (which is what we typically use) offers many options for design, lots of fonts and colors. It's very easy to upload graphics, photos and documents, and linking is simple.

What do you dislike?

While it is easy to use, sometimes the fonts and sizes change between when I type them and when I save the block. Also, the new "software" doesn't seem as intuitive as the old setup.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out first. While we love it, it may not be for everyone.

Getting news of events, emergencies, water issues, etc., to our members is of utmost importance. CC helps us do that.

Constant Contact review by <span>Joyce S.</span>
Joyce S.

"Key Tool for Improving our Brand"

What do you like best?

Constant Contact taught me the skills of effective emailing and provided the tools for my non-profit to reach a new audience.

What do you dislike?

There's not much. It's a big company but it acts more like a good personal mentor.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Constant Contact helped me every step of the way, from complying to the laws and best practices to adding to my contact list to having the tools to make my company look good. I'm proud of the body of work I have been able to produce.

We needed to connect with our members and also to reach out to a new audience who didn't know about the African Violet Society of America or how it could help them. I've run the email campaign weekly for 2.5 years. Our membership is more loyal. We have a better image in our plant community.

Constant Contact review by <span>Abigail H.</span>
Abigail H.

"Consistently ... Constant Contact"

What do you like best?

Constant Contact recently went through a user interface upgrade, which is a huge improvement over its old integration. The "Campaigns" page keeps all of your campaigns neatly in one place, and shows click and open rates right in one screen. You can also now quickly archive newsletters when, in the past, that was not an option.

Constant Contact is robust and has a nice event registration integration. You can sell tickets to an event or workshop right from Constant Contact, so it is also easy to manage mailing lists. The reporting function is also a nice visual and allows you to see what is performing, and what is underperforming.

What do you dislike?

Constant Contact is a robust platform for email marketing. They are also one of the oldest email marketing platforms, and it often shows. In a word: buggy. For example, the autosave options can malfunction, which means you can lose content. Downloading your invoices can also be clunky, and it takes many clicks to print one invoice. Removing formatting to reformat text from another program (such as Google Docs, Pages, or Microsoft word) also frequently malfunctions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Explore your options. Constant Contact has been in the business for awhile and chugs along, doing its job. However, newer companies have popped up in the last two or three years that may offer your company more features and a newer UI.

Constant Contact allows me to send out mass emails to a lot of constituents in a short amount of time. I am able to send information quickly and with low bounce rates.

Constant Contact review by <span>Sierra W.</span>
Sierra W.

"Great for companies with no marketers"

What do you like best?

It allows emails that look more customized for events, occasions, etc, without the work.

What do you dislike?

For me as a marketer, I wish it was more customizable. My biggest problem is when I want to use it to market something and I can't do what I want to. It's for this reason that I use several different email automation systems for different purposes. But, like I said, for a small business that may not have a marketer, I think it would be very beneficial.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a small start up company, particularly one without a marketing team, I would suggest Constant Contact above any of the other automation systems I have used. They have pre-made templates for most occasions, and are fairly customizable. As you grow and want an email that looks more specific to your company, I would suggest another automation system either as an addition, or to replace Constant Contact.

Honestly, for me personally, I only use it for generic emails because the others I want to customize more.

Constant Contact review by <span>Amanda H.</span>
Amanda H.

"Best Product for the Use Case"

What do you like best?

I have used Constant Contact on a weekly basis for nearly 10 years, and the best selling point to me is the ease of use. It is quite simple to enter information, edit and sent out six emails a week for my various school buildings in addition to around 4-5 special information emails each month. The interface makes sense, works well and makes my tasks easy. As well, I feel that the customer service is fantastic. They quickly solve any issue that pops up, and they help with issues caused by my users to themselves such as deleting their accounts and then trying to readd.

What do you dislike?

In the decade, I have used the product, I have found that some days there are "wonky" issues every now and again. Such as, despite formatting being stripped before adding text, it still reads that formatting and messes up the text I have entered by refusing to remove bold, deleting lines, etc. Generally, this issue is very limited these days.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sign up for their free trial. You'll see the great product they have to use, and the way the make it easier for their users. As well, the customer service is top-notch.

I use this product as a main communication source for families and community members in my school district. It allows me to send out detailed e-newsletters each week if I choose, but it also allows for quick and easy emergency messages. Both can be done with ease resulting in more transparency for my district and our families.

Constant Contact review by <span>Neal M.</span>
Neal M.

"Difficult to build an email list. "

What do you like best?

I like the templates and ease of creating a nice, professional product to email out for announcements. The emails have a very professional look and feel to them. The emails are fast and easy to create. There are plenty of how to videos to teach you the tricks to building a great advertisement. I also love the feature that allows you to track who opens the email and when.

What do you dislike?

They are too strict on their policy for distribution lists. I pulled emails from the GREC lists where ALL real estate agents go to get contact info, and because I had some people unsubscribe, Constant Contact unsubscribed 98% of my list. I also do not like the fact that I receive Constant Contact emails from several people and companies that I do not know and in most cases, have never even heard of, but they are not being blocked the same way we were.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be careful whose emails you put in your contacts. If too many people unsubscribe, Constant Contact will lock your account down and you will not be able to send emails. You will however, continue to be billed for the service. I recommend you use their link to have contacts sign up for your email list. It is easy to create and send, but it is hard to get people to sign up for email newsletters. People simply get too much email already.

None currently! We are currently using another program for this marketing, but may be switching back to constant contact in the future due to how much easier it is to use.

Constant Contact review by <span>Brenda T.</span>
Brenda T.

"Overall, Constant Contact is easy to use and has some great functionality for email marketing & more"

What do you like best?

Constant Contact is easy to use for those who are new the the platform, yet allows some higher-level customization for those who are more experienced/with more skill. I like the one-click unsubscribe feature and that it keeps track of that for me so I don't accidentally send mail to someone who has opted out.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the templates don't allow enough flexibility, and moving around the different parts -- especially for the event registration platform -- can be complex and clunky. I also would like it to more easily track who has registered for an event and who has not, so that I can automatically send a reminder invitation to those who have not yet responded (vs. having to figure it out myself manually, create new lists, etc.) -- that is VERY inconvenient.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you only need to use the product for a portion of a year, you can put your account "on hold" -- and for a very small monthly fee, they will keep all of your data, templates, etc., in place and allow you to resume full service when ready; you can move back and forth between these account statuses -- great way to not waste money! (Note: you need to call customer support to change account status)

Constant Contact provides a vehicle for us to help our clients get the word out to larger numbers of contacts that (hopefully) is not seen as spam by ISPs and other email filters. Visually pleasing and mobile-friendly emails are easy to create for non-programmers -- which provides convenience and cost savings. We can manage accounts and mailings/events for our clients, which allows us to provide added value to our clients -- we provide a needed service and a reasonable cost (vs. programmers, etc.) and save them time, so they can focus on what they do for a living vs. figuring out email platforms, etc.

Constant Contact review by <span>Kyle M.</span>
Kyle M.

"Me Likey- overall great"

What do you like best?

I love the easy user interface. Beginners will have no problem jumping right in. Also like that the way constant contact formats the emails makes them mobile friendly. They also have a nice chat feature for when you have issues or questions. The sign up feature they provide for embedding in your Wordpress website is amazing. It has saved so much time for us. Now we don't have to export sign up lists and upload them anymore.

What do you dislike?

Some of the templates don't edit well. When you choose a template sometimes they don't let you delete portions that aren't relevant to you. Other than that, I don't have much negative to say about Constant Contact.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a pricey option for email marketing, but it won't let you down. They have everything you need and amazing support services. They also offer many free learning opportunities that you can take advantage of.

We are solving the disconnect between our org and our supporters. This helps us stay in touch with them.

Constant Contact review by <span>Christine A.</span>
Christine A.

"Very versatile for those looking to make beautiful emails with ease"

What do you like best?

Really like the variety of templates that come pre-built with the platform. As a developer, I'm used to building out custom templates, but I was shocked to see how easy it was to choose one with a similar look. Then edit it with more/less modules, upload and resize photos, and give custom padding around particular sections. The desktop/mobile testing is also very useful when trying to quick test what the email looks like before sending it out.

What do you dislike?

- Wish there was a way to do vertical center alignment with sections that have text and an image.

- Changing the widths of certain sections that are next to each other sometimes doesn't work (or takes multiple trys)

- Wish there was a undo button

- Would be nice to save variations of the designs that you make

Looking to make templates quickly for people to use to emails. The base templates and modules make it easy for me to quickly create different variations to send to others for feedback

Constant Contact review by <span>Davielle B.</span>
Davielle B.

"Best overall client contact that is easy to use"

What do you like best?

I love the overall idea of being able to customize your invite/meeting/advertising for a quick design without using a design program.

What do you dislike?

The only dislike I have found is the file upload size. As a graphic designer, I will create borders or background designs that fit with the event. However, I am constantly having to go back and save down the file size. The main issue with this is after I upload the jpg, it appears pixilated when it was saved at a high web quality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend everyone to use it! It is wonderful. It will help you store all of your contacts and ensure they are reading your emails. It will help you keep track of your subscribers and also allow them to unsubscribe. You are able to create items for future use and store them or set a date of when you would like Constant Contact to send it out. Their monthly costs are low and affordable. I would love to see constant contact start creating engaging copy for subscribers to use. Also, getting compliance approval for those companies who need it for any pre-written copy would be great too. Regardless of who is using constant contact, and for what purpose, I believe anyone who uses it will find it very useful.

Getting the word out about my employer for events, speakers, informational seminar is super easy! I love how it keeps track of major details for marketing. (ie. tracking of emails, who opens emails, who clicks on the links, etc.)

Constant Contact review by <span>Carmen R.</span>
Carmen R.

"Better for small companies"

What do you like best?

The software is simple to use, it also provides you with useful analytics and shows you how you measure up to industry average.

What do you dislike?

As a marketer, I prefer a program that is more flexible. I wish it was more 'customizable'. I am unable to do what I want with the layout which can get frustrating. It is basically a more expensive Mail Chimp...

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a small business that needs to set up a newsletter program I suggest using this software. If you are a larger company that can afford software that is more flexible, do not purchase constant contact. It really all comes down to what your company needs are.

We just need to send out promotions/coupons to customers. It is quick and easy to use. We also have plans to utilize the survey feature in hopes to gain some more valuable feedback

Constant Contact review by <span>Kelsey M.</span>
Kelsey M.

"Easy To Use, But Graphics/Look Has Early 2000s Vibe"

What do you like best?

It is very simple to use! The navigation is simple :) It really couldn't be any easier for a first-time user to figure out. A kid could definitely use it without any guidance (provided that they can read). I really enjoy using it, so that's a plus. I also love that you can view how many emails were opened , even who opened them and what they clicked on! As a marketing person, that's the greatest gift ever. Real data you can see, use and understand. Sadly, not all marketing products offer that. But Constant Contact does! And they do it well.

What do you dislike?

Most of the templates end up looking sort of outdated. I describe it as "an early 2000s vibe." They could really use a face-lift to make them more attractive. That's honestly the only thing I don't like about it. Everything else is super great! Wish they'd adapted a more Mailchimp-esque look for all of their products. I think they would crush the competition if they changed up the look a bit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want very sleek, sophisticated-looking email campaigns, try another service.

It is easy to track data and see what customers are responding to. It 's a great solution for our team members who don't have any experience with online marketing - it empowers them to effectively reach out and communicate to our customers effectively. That's one of the best things about it! It's also great a storing our contacts - which change frequently.

Constant Contact review by <span>Paige M.</span>
Paige M.

"Helpful tool for mass mailings"

What do you like best?

Constant Contact is a great tool for sending out emails to a large number of people. Constant contact is user friendly, allows many options for customizing your emails by using pictures, adding your company logo, and linking webpages allowing to easily direct contacts to your webpage.

What do you dislike?

I do wish there was a feature to create the email blast to look more individualized to each contact. Ideally, it would be nice to be able to greet someone by name while sending a mass mailing (like mail merge). I've noticed mail merge not working on my updated windows, so constant contact is a great option. However, I wish there were some features from mail merge that transferred to constant contact.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you would like a personal touch to your emails, by adding names to individual emails sent out in mass quantities, I am unsure if this is completely possible. However, with such great quality support, I'm sure someone from constant contact could help figure this out.

We do email blasts to a large number of contacts (3000+) This allows to send many emails by clicking one button, and the process takes no time at all, it is very quick and painless. This allows also for you to link websites to pictures in the email blast so that if a reader clicks the picture it directs them quickly to your webpage.

Constant Contact review by <span>Megan J.</span>
Megan J.

"Recent Updates Make Constant Contact a Clear Winner in Email Marketing"

What do you like best?

The latest updates to how to create an email, the templates available and the ease of creation are amazing. I am extremely impressed with the emails we have put out through Constant Contact since this changed.

What do you dislike?

The storing and accessing of contacts could use a few efficiency improvements. We work with 8-10 different contact groups per month and it would be nice to be able to separate them in a more organized fashion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compare diligently against other options available and you will certainly find that Constant Contact exceeds their abilities and helps you create exceptional emails you are happy to send to your customers.

We are solving all of our email marketing problems. Instead of having each sale rep send out individual emails, we are able to customize the same email for all the reps and send it out with their personal contact information to their specific contacts.

Constant Contact review by <span>Rahath A.</span>
Rahath A.

"It gets the job done"

What do you like best?

Constant Contact is a good tool to send out emails to a large number of recipients. It is also relatively easy to manage lists and import contacts from existing platforms.

What do you dislike?

Designing in Constant Contact can be a bit tricky. I have had to jump through many hoops to get custom templates coded for my account (while being charged an additional fee). You don't have complete freedom to upload your own HTML - you can only edit it in some places. Overall, the interface is not as user/designer friendly as other platforms I've used.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would asses your business needs and how much design support you have on hand. If your biggest pain is list management, then I would consider Constant Contact.

Constant Contact provides basic email marketing solutions. You can send out mass marketing emails that reach a wide audience with minimal effort.

Constant Contact review by <span>Rebekah W.</span>
Rebekah W.

"Good Experience Overall"

What do you like best?

The automation/drip feature is nice. It made it easy to keep in touch with new clients and old by creating campaigns that automatically sent them 5-7 emails over a period of weeks or months.

What do you dislike?

The UI could be much better. It's hard to manage lists and everything about the interface is just unattractive and bulky from an aesthetics standpoint.

Recommendations to others considering the product

CC works well, but the UI leaves much to be desired. If you prefer function over form, it's definitely a great choice. If you're a design buff, you might want to look elsewhere.

I used Constant Contact daily during my time with Anytime Fitness. It allowed us to easily keep track of members at all 22 of our clubs and send out mass email blasts to all 10,000 members when needed. It also integrated nicely with Tradable Bits, our CRM.

Constant Contact review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"We've had some fallbacks, but this is definitely the best option out there. "

What do you like best?

Constant contact is great for merging duplicate contacts, updating your address book, giving a reliable open rate and thorough reports, and allowing you to segment large email lists.

What do you dislike?

When uploading additional contacts, CC wants to see how they actively subscribed. This can be problematic when uploading an older email list (i.e. you may just have a spreadsheet of The List and they want to see more evidence). Additionally, it is a little pricey compared to competitors such as MailChimp. It would be great to be able to export email campaigns as HTML.Be extremely careful when importing contacts. Constant Contact wants to see how they actively subscribed. Sometimes it is hard to prove this when you have entered information for people you have an established relationship with, or if they verbally requested to be added. Constant Contact wants to actually see the (paper) sign-up sheet. This is unachievable for businesses/groups that have been around long enough to have established an email list based on personal relationships or when importing business cards.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As I said before, be careful when importing new contacts.

I use CC to to manage our large contact database and to send out email updates. It is great for segmenting our list -- from general interest to communications to fundraising. The automated features are great, especially that it will not allow the same email to appear in the same inbox twice. It also merges duplicate contacts. We use it across the entire organization.

Constant Contact review by <span>Abby R.</span>
Abby R.

"So easy to use!"

What do you like best?

I like that this keeps me so organized and i can now keep all of my client information in one place. Very easy to navigate and learn how to use too!

What do you dislike?

I honestly have not had any complaints about this resource. It is easy to use, easy to navigate and allows me to do everything i need to do to keep my contacts organized and up to date.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a software that keeps all of your client information in one place and is easy to maintain I highly recommend Constant Contact. It is so easy to use!

I am now able to keep all of my client information up to date and all in 1 place which is great because I used to have all of these different spreadsheets and I could never keep up. Making updates to an email is very easy!

Constant Contact review by <span>Serena W.</span>
Serena W.

"Better than other products on the market!"

What do you like best?

The user-friendly interface. It is easy to use and not glitchy when it comes to basic edits and design. Also, Constant Content has great user reports and summaries.

What do you dislike?

Constant Contact is a very basic system when it comes to newsletters. It is not very customization at the basic level when it comes to design. You can upgrade to a subscription or pay for a personalized template, but edits are pretty simplistic, especially for those who are experienced with design programs. You need to be very cautious with constantly saving your draft - there isn't a very effective autosave feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great system for all basic newsletter needs. A great starting point for any communications leaders.

Staying in touch with our church members. It is also great to have integration with Church Community Builder for the mailing list.

Constant Contact review by <span>Sara P.</span>
Sara P.

"Good to better!"

What do you like best?

Constant Contact has gotten better over time. Their website has gotten more user friendly in the last year or so. I like the templates they offer for email marketing. The previews of both HTML and text versions are fantastic, and the system prompt reminders are useful.

What do you dislike?

The contact management interface leaves something to be desired. Dealing with bounces and unsubscribes is cumbersome and having to drill into each contact on a new webpage for a simple typo/update is not ideal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Constant Contact to a larger company with a smaller email list. The contact management can be cumbersome, and best left to a dedicated marketing person with time to consider each action. It's easy to send an email from anywhere, which is great, because inspiration can strike at any time.

I can send an email from anywhere, which is useful since I am using Constant Contact for a public trade show, and need to be able to work onsite. I love that my contacts and previous emails/used templates are always available.

Constant Contact review by <span>Casey S.</span>
Casey S.

"Awesome Program to get the word out about my upcoming events."

What do you like best?

We hold a lot of workshops for our consumer base. Constant Contact has been great for storing email lists and sending out mass announcements for our workshops. I used to have to send out emails for events one-by-one, which can get tiresome when you have a couple hundred emails in your list. This makes it easy to store emails in lists and then send the entire list a single email.

What do you dislike?

I haven't yet found anything that I dislike too much. The design features could be a bit better, it feels a bit 90's-ish like it hasn't updated its style over time. Being a marketing company, when we send out our invites to our events we want them to look awesome and eye-catching, and the invites for ConstantContact aren't quite there yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Watch some videos to teach you how to use it effectively. It took me some time to learn how to effectively use it, and so watching some videos would probably make that easier. The design part of it when trying to design your event landing page can be a bit tricky.

We have found it is much easier to track our sign-ups for our workshops using Constant Contact. We send out the mass emails with the invites and Constant Contact does all the tracking for us. We can see who has signed up, who has declined the invite, and more. Seeing all of this from one dashboard is really useful and makes it easier than going and counting one-by-one.

Constant Contact review by <span>Laura M.</span>
Laura M.

"Does the job"

What do you like best?

I will say there most recent update has defiantly simplified and modernized the user interface. There are a variety of choices when picking a template. Once you build and customize your desired template it makes quick work of composing an email and duplicating content and design elements.

What do you dislike?

I feel like I find myself frustrated more often than not with changes not saving, images not uploading properly, text not displaying properly in preview or other errors that cause me to spend more time than necessary fixing bugs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure you identify your needs and be sure that Constant Contact meets all of those need. This includes your list management. This is one obstacle that I encountered is making sure it works well with our database.

Constant contact allows me to manage and send multiple email campaigns. It helps me identify bad/bounced emails and track users open and click rates. It is very helpful in fine tuning what audiences want by reviewing analytics.

Constant Contact review by <span>Christy O.</span>
Christy O.

"Love constant contact"

What do you like best?

Love the ability to customize the emails. I like how we can reach such a bigger audience and send to so many people. We cant do that in any form of communication. But constant contact really helps us be able to send to a lot of people. Something else that I love about the program is that they send us people who unsubscribe from our email list and this is helpful because we can get rid of those contacts to improve being able to send our content out to the right people.

What do you dislike?

There is really nothing that I dislike about Constant Contact. All the resources that we have are really helpful!! Maybe one thing that I would like to see improve is having more free images and more layouts that are a little more general. It seems like a lot of the layouts is very specific to topics, and sometimes it is nice to have layouts that are just really general so that we can send out a more general layout.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say that if you need to reach a lot of people it's important to use Constant Contact because you can reach plenty of people and you can really personalize the email to reach the certain type of customer that you want. And for us to have a theme of soccer is really nice as well.

Reaching a larger audience is a big thing that constant contact helps me with. I also really like that I am able to customize so many different things on the email. That is a huge benefit for me to have this at my work. A big problem that I have noticed be fixed is having the option to make my own type of background. This is helpful for me at my job because since I work at a soccer place it's nice to be able to make a theme of soccer that I can use to get to reach my specific target audience.

Constant Contact review by <span>Candice B.</span>
Candice B.

"Easy to Use Email Newsletters"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to put together a user-friendly and eye-catching email newsletter. It's quite easy to throw together an email at last minute, or to schedule emails months in advance. It's also easy to upload any new contacts from our database into the Constant Contact list.

I like that I can save a template, or copy a previous email and make the necessary changes instead of creating a new email from scratch each time. I like that there are mobile-friendly templates, and I like that you can see when and from where people are opening the emails. I like that I can see how each individual email measures up to our average opens and clicks.

What do you dislike?

The extra step needed to save each individual text or image block before editing another block is frustrating. I would love to have the option to more easily switch between blocks and save the email as a whole. The inability to change colors on certain items (section headlines) is also frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Run through the tutorials, but it is fairly easy to use.

We are solving the problem of reaching out to customers. Since beginning to send emails weekly, we have noticed an increase in foot traffic at gallery openings and events. Guests have commented that the weekly emails keep them more in touch with what is happening at our organization. Fellow staff members have remarked that the weekly emails make it seem like we have more events that we actually do, which is good.

Constant Contact review by <span>Randolph R.</span>
Randolph R.

"An email campaign service that does everything acceptably but doesn't impress"

What do you like best?

Constant Contact has a really good set of metrics to maintain your analytics and give you a view of how to improve open rates. It handles contact lists very well too.

What do you dislike?

The email creator is very limited as far as design goes and it's a little unwieldy. You can't schedule more than one campaign at a time. There is no separate function to save out templates so you have to use existing emails as templates. Poor UI.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend for anyone looking to regularly set up large email blasts, to use MailChimp or Campaign Monitor unless you are going to be putting out very basic emails to one or two email lists on a regular but infrequent basis.

Constant contact allows email campaigns to be targeted to collected lists. It has a modest but well rounded set of analytics. The email creator allows for quick creation of visually strong emails as well.

Constant Contact review by <span>Derek R.</span>
Derek R.

"Now Manages More Than Email Campaigns"

What do you like best?

Flexible management of subscribers, new event management module, integrations, always improving for the online/mobile experience.

What do you dislike?

Not much not to like except maybe the somewhat clunky look to the management site and some of the additional features aren't included in your subscription package.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Whether you're just starting out or are a seasoned marketer, Constant Contact offers a one-stop-shop for managing online communications as well as event planning. It offers a strong support network as well as live and online training. Pretty good value for money--scaled according to how many contacts you have.

One-and-Done management of donors and segmented lists--it integrates with our donor management system so relevant updates in one are updated in the other. I can't say enough good about this feature alone. Saves time and the occasional embarrasment of acting on conflicting donor information.

Constant Contact review by <span>Danielle N.</span>
Danielle N.

"Useful, but could be better"

What do you like best?

I love how user friendly constant contact is. It is easy to build emails and it is fairly quick.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was room for more customization. All the formats look fairly similar, and it is difficult to change. I would like to be able to edit pictures within the email, but all pictures imported need to be edited, prior to being in constant contact. It would also be ideal if constant contact would include more themes. All the themes are very visually similar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great program and it is extremely easy to learn. Customer service is awesome, and they genuinely care about each customer.

Advertising is great through constant contact. We get so many people interested in our business through this program. It is so easy to send emails.

Constant Contact review by <span>Ekaterina C.</span>
Ekaterina C.

"Smart and Intuitive to address your marketing needs"

What do you like best?

Constant Contact is a powerful tool that makes the marketing job to be done in much easier way. The software allows you to maintain massive distribution lists in very simple and straightforward manner. In addition, it has a simple layout and ease-of-use functionality. It definitely helps the company to easily communicate with its customers and share the latest trends, insights and more by creating a specific content - graphics, images, news, etc.

What do you dislike?

Perhaps, the software responsiveness is little slow but I am not sure if it is because of the company;'s network or not. I would also like to see more reporting features within the software. Other than that, I am fully satisfied with the offered features that this marketing tool has.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will find this tool easy to use and straightforward.

Communicate with the customers about the company's trends, changes, news, and so on. You can set-up the communication groups in a way you want; and the software will pick up changes to contact lists during file imports.

Constant Contact review by <span>Susan D.</span>
Susan D.

"Constant Contact is Getting Easier To Use"

What do you like best?

I do an entire newsletter on Constant Contact, also email appeals multiple times a year, and event promotions. Now that I understand more about its editing fields, it goes faster, and I can do more with it. It integrates with my purchase url's for tickets, and works seamlessly with my donor software. I love it that I can insert links in images, that I can copy and modify campaigns, keeping the branded elements, and it has a generous library of images I can upload.

What do you dislike?

I may have to do multiple versions of a piece, and every time I save it, the contact email (where reports on opens are sent) defaults back to the first email in the list. So every time I have to re-set that to the right email for the reporting. This is annoying, but not a deal breaker.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recently I had to get help from support, and they were quick to reply (wit 48 hrs). It still is a product that takes some learning to master, not really "plug and play", but it meets my needs and is affordable.

We're saving time and money on mailings, we now use regular printed and postal mail less, we have also grown our email list exponentially. I like being able to see which campaigns were opened most, who is not opening my emails, and segmenting mailings by list.

Constant Contact review by <span>Matt E.</span>
Matt E.

"Can be great for the right person"

What do you like best?

Constant Contact is great if you don't care what your email newsletter looks like or need a bunch of automation. If all you need is to send a newsletter to a bunch of people, this is the tool for you.

What do you dislike?

Constant Contact is a bear to customize and doesn't offer many of the automation features of competitors. This is by design, but most people who make the recommendation to use Constant Contact don't understand that and often confuse people who need more than what CC offers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If all you need is a tool to send a mass email and you don't want to do a lot of work customizing the template or content, this is the tool for you.

It is only good for sending a newsletter to a list.

Constant Contact review by <span>Sukanya M.</span>
Sukanya M.

"An Easy way to market your business"

What do you like best?

Easy to design emails, good customer support and different varieties of templates make it more enjoyable experience

What do you dislike?

From the price point, it is high for the small organizations compared to its competitors. We don't have access to the original code of the templates to make changes which can be helpful some times. No free inbox preview is available like other services which is a major drawback according to me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is user-friendly, good customer support but missing some advanced feature if we see the price point. Anyone who is new to email marketing can use this service to get a first-hand experience.

It helped to gain the customers and donors' point of view regarding our fundraising event. We can send out the survey through this which really helped us select right path for the future. It helped to get distribute the different exciting and informative news to our donors and parents.

Constant Contact review by <span>Nick L.</span>
Nick L.

"A great E-mail Marketing Service."

What do you like best?

Very easy to create e-mail campaigns and has excellent reporting features. Mobile compatibility is fantastic. And the contact management is very efficient. Very easy to upload existing e-mail contact lists.

What do you dislike?

Inability to remove the 'Constant Contact' logo from the bottom of emails. Also, the HTML editor is not offered to new accounts apparently. This is most likely to maintain mobile compatibility, but some simple elements are not editable without the HTML editor. It'd be nice to have more editing options. Another gripe, would be that their 'spam' threshold is a bit low. I believe it's about 3% which means if 3 out of 100 recipients flag your email as 'spam', you account is at risk of being banned. Not a big deal but a little annoying since it's not an accurate sample.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great reporting tools and has an easy e-mail builder tool. My only complaints is that they've made it more difficult to edit the HTML/CSS of email campaigns which can make customization harder.

Newsletter marketing is the most effecting form of social media. We are easily able to boost sales with every newsletter we send out.

Constant Contact review by <span>Alberto D.</span>
Alberto D.

"Overall not a bad product"

What do you like best?

It's relatively easy to use and their name is very familiar. When people receive an email with Constant Contact information at the bottom, I feel they are more likely to trust you and if they aren't interested, are more comfortable about unsubscribing versus blocking or marking you as spam. As a result, I suspect that aids in my overall reputation as a vendor and so, of course, that's not a bad thing. I am also sure they have additional features I am not taking advantage of.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be a bit too limiting. You want to move something, insert something, etc, and if it doesn't match their tool, you can't do it. They way they manage e-mail addresses can be a bit cumbersome and I think they could have some better tools for reporting and then for conducting follow-up campaigns. They also just raised their prices and I was none too happy about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Overall it is a good entry-level product if that's what you are looking for. Eventually, my guess is that you will graduate to something better. I'm almost there.

Simply trying to reach customers and prospects. So far that seems to be working out well. I also like that they integrate with my current CRM and so being able to use my CRM for reporting and then for follow-up campaigns if very beneficial. Had that not been the case I suspect I would have used something else that was integrated instead.

Constant Contact review by <span>Andrew V.</span>
Andrew V.

"Constant Contact"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the ease of use and the way that it tracks not only open rates but click rates as well. It is also nice that the program can also track events that are being promoted through email and other avenues. You can even print off a list of those attending.

What do you dislike?

It would be better if it also had a way to be a complete CRM with better database management. In my experience, the program is great for email events but it does not have complete functionality that I would like in a total CRM package.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Constant Contact is a great program that can grow with your business. When you grow your database and add users the program can very easily accommodate that growth.

I use CC for my email platform when I need to market that way and send out my e-newsletter. Because the program tracks open and click rates it has helped me to fine tune my email marketing efforts.

Constant Contact review by <span>Erica M.</span>
Erica M.

"Good if you're just starting marketing automation "

What do you like best?

Constant contact is extremely easy to use - it's perfect for someone who is just getting started with marketing automation and really just wants to focus on sending emails and tracking their success based on deliverability, clicks, opens, etc. I also liked that this platform is only $15/month if you have less than 500 subscribers. It's very affordable and user-friendly.

What do you dislike?

The interface doesn't have great designs and they need to figure out a way to allow people to copy and paste without bringing in background code, etc. I found myself wasting a lot of time making sure the fonts and colors were actually how they appeared in Constant Contact verses the screen. I think it would be helpful to have a better list segmenting tool where you can build smarter lists for better target marketing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking to dive deeper into marketing automation and you're willing to spend more money, I would recommend using Marketo or HubSpot. If you're a smaller company looking to send and track emails and grow your list, Constant Contact is probably a fine fit and very cost conscious.

The biggest problem I solved with Constant Contact was saving time on emails and creating one, cohesive brand for clients (once I fixed the design within Constant Contact). Constant Contact allows you to schedule in advance and automate your emails and lets you track the success by measuring engagement/lack of engagement.

Constant Contact review by <span>Tiffany H.</span>
Tiffany H.

"Constant Contact in Real Estate"

What do you like best?

They provide awesome stats like for click and open rates. Help us learn what interests people the most to make changes for the better. Also, Awesomely user-friendly when entering and organizing contacts.

What do you dislike?

The interface to create emails is a bit clunky, an inexperienced user will have frustrations. Lots of trial and error when getting your projects to look exactly how you want them. Luckily, you can send as many drafts to yourself as you'd like but this can be very time-consuming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is no way to hyper link imagery. It would incredibly helpful to have the pictures link to the respective listing pages on the web (in the case of Real Estate). You can only hyperlink text. Very limiting.

I also would recommend a proper update when using copy and paste functions. If you copy and paste from anywhere the background HTML code will translate along with whatever you paste. This sometimes creates HUGE PROBLEMS with double spacing, incorrect or unintended fonts, overall symmetry, etc.

I wouldn't say we're dealing with "problems". We use this as a weekly campaign for our local network. Our clients like what we've created using the program but there is nothing problem solving specific.

Constant Contact review by <span>Emily Rose S.</span>
Emily Rose S.

"Constant Contact, Perfect for Email Marketing Needs, with some minor caveats"

What do you like best?

I like that I can customize all of the templates to work with what I'm creating. The drag-and-drop functionality is simple, and while the program is highly basic, it gets the job done. List management is very easy, and the statistics surrounding recipient interaction are very helpful too.

What do you dislike?

I wish that there was a 3-column option. I also wish that I could insert tables and have more control over the text formatting, as well as more font options. I've used quite a few gif's to get a "moving picture" to play within the body of the email. I'm not super happy with the limited video functionality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend uploading a PNG or JPG of any specialized text treatments you would like due to the limited text box functionality.

We send out weekly e-blasts to our ticket buyers. We also send out a variety of targeted emails related to our education department and donor events. This tool allows us to reach a broad audience and track how many clicks per e-blast. We also keep track of how many tickets we sell following each show-related email as well.

Constant Contact review by <span>Ashley N.</span>
Ashley N.

"Constant Contact is a great resource for those looking for easy to use templates & scheduling."

What do you like best?

I really like using Constant Contact for clients who are looking to take over the process of their email marketing after I've done the initial set up. It's easy to use and it also allows for easy tracking of performance: ie - tracking send to open ratios, who clicks on your embedded links, etc. A lot of clients who don't have time for extensive email marketing campaigns appreciate that I'm able to set up a few aesthetically pleasing templates for them to use in the future and there's little to no effort needed to maintain them.

What do you dislike?

For some select clients, I believe that Constant Contact is the perfect tool, especially if they're willing to pay the monthly subscription cost to stay active on the platform. However, for those that are looking for more diverse campaigns and creative control over their emails through coding (like e-commerce sites) - or even for those that are looking for a free email subscription method, I would suggest MailChimp instead.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Constant Contact is an excellent service to consider using for email marketing purposes. The one thing to keep in mind, is that there is a monthly/yearly cost to using this service, however it's pretty reasonable and the ease of use and built in analytics is worth the cost, in my opinion.

I'm able to use Constant Contact to set my clients up with an easy to use platform that allows them to track, build, and manage their email marketing lists with customizable template options. The website has made the process of email marketing easy, effortless, and trackable which has made a lot of my clients feel confident about their marketing strategy.

Constant Contact review by <span>Becky K.</span>
Becky K.

"Gets the job done, some things are inefficient"

What do you like best?

I love their customer service. If you get stuck on something, you can chat with them and they'll get into your account to help you.

What do you dislike?

You have to use their "blocks" and sometimes the ones you choose, aren't really the best for what you want to do. Sometimes I want a photo to be as wide as the e-mail, but I chose the wrong block, so it won't work. That's a bit frustrating. Also, there seem to be too many steps for uploading a photo.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Practice a lot! Play around with the different blocks to see what sort of formatting each one has. If you don't like something, remove the whole block rather than trying to edit within it. And since you're paying for it, chat up the customer service people when you have trouble. They'll walk you through how to do something/fix something. Or sometimes they'll just fix it for you (with code).

Customer outreach. Marketing products to customers. Benefits are more brand awareness.

Constant Contact review by <span>Athens M.</span>
Athens M.

"easy to use, easy to administer, easy to get results"

What do you like best?

The offer lots of tutorials for training, but in the end this is a easy to use product. You can prepay ahead, and essentially pay for what you use in the number of users and emails sent. The templates get you started fairly quickly and easy. I really do use their free stock image gallery, that's the best part in helping me with my enewsletters.

What do you dislike?

The social promotions are limited to Twitter and Facebook. It's not the easy to drag and drop products or images in emails.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would really take advantage of their free stock image gallery. it really helps your marketing promotions to have real images and they have a wide variety, easily to navigate with search option. I also would encourage that you make sure your mobile users are getting a nice edition of your online market materia l by creating a mobile friendly piece of material

we are using CC to not only market our services to new customers but also to stay engaged with them via weekly newsletters.

Constant Contact review by <span>Megumi S.</span>
Megumi S.

"Easy to use and works!"

What do you like best?

The template layout makes it simple and easy to create a good looking (and consistent) e-mail. They also have creative seasonal and occasional layouts to choose from as well, which can save time and money on design. Everything you need, such as open rates, etc., creating custom audience lists, or sending test e-mails is easy to understand and use. Overall, very user friendly!

What do you dislike?

While the template layout makes it easy to use, it can at times be a little frustrating if you have a very specific design you are trying to implement since you have to work within the template (if you don't want to dive too deep into coding the design, etc.) However, I have to say there isn't really anything I dislike!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to check out their templates and how they share reporting data before you decide to go all in! I personally am a fan, but if you have something very specific in mind this might not work for you.

My client had inconsistent e-newsletters going out, and often relied on word of mouth to promote special offers, etc. Constant Contact gave them an easy way to consistently talk to their customers, as well as keep them up to date on events and promotions.

Constant Contact review by <span>Matthew B.</span>
Matthew B.

"A simple tool for simple emails"

What do you like best?

The ease of setting up a new campaign. Constant Contact created a customized template as part of my package. Now I just copy, rename and off to the races. There are some useful tools to help customize your campaign which makes the process quick and easy. I can also schedule my email blasts to go out during the most effective times to reach more people.

What do you dislike?

There's no way to see how long someone viewed the email or stayed on the landing pages. This would be a great feature to add. Also, when adding text next to pictures, it's not possible to align these to each other. Making the view a little off. It would be great to be able to drag the text or picture box withing the template piece to align.

I know there are apps and add-ons for integrations, but wish I had the ability to link with Quick Base or at least Workato so I can tie into our CRM for more automation. The only items available are either trial based or have to purchased.

We are able to manage our email marketing at a very low cost with 100% ROI. The simplicity enables anyone, without much marketing skills, to send an effective piece that captures the audience. Having the ability to track who views and clicks, gives our sales team a focus on a smaller group rather than an entire population of data.

Constant Contact review by <span>Katarina L.</span>
Katarina L.

"Good, but could use more features"

What do you like best?

I like how easy-to-use Constant Contact is. The drag and drop features allow me to construct eblasts in under an hour!

What do you dislike?

I wish it had an image library of free stock photos to pick from. Also, I wish it had more customization options so that I have complete control over the look and feel of my eblasts. I wish there was more analytical and reporting options to help us understand what we could be doing to improve our email marketing campaigns.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can also look into MailChimp, however, Constant Contact has a customer service phone number that is extremely helpful.

I am able to send clean and catchy eblasts to my newsletter subscribers! It's also really great for me to able to do

Constant Contact review by <span>Riehle N.</span>
Riehle N.

"Email Blast with Real Analytics"

What do you like best?

The analytics... I like being able to look at your open ratio and click ratio. I also like the ability to send with a different email address (I can create an email blast and send it out as though it was sent from our GM). The email design/template portion is okay, I would like some additional features though.

What do you dislike?

How you can ONLY use images within the size of 560 in width. I understand it makes it mobile friendly however, having the option for any size would be nice. Sometimes we have flyers, etc. that I have to redesign just so the image will fit and is sometimes not an effective use of time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best Email Blast solution I have used.

Receiving analytics on the effectiveness of our email blasts. Being able to see our click throughs really helps. We are an automotive dealership, so when we email blast specials and incentives, its nice to see the click through rate.

Constant Contact review by Administrator

"So Easy to Use! "

What do you like best?

I have used Constant Contact for 4-5 years now! It is very simple to use (for someone that is not as technologically savvy as others ;) )! You simply drag and drop pictures where you want them, add critical information and let Constant Contact do the rest!

What do you dislike?

Importing new email addresses is very confusing and disorganized

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend for professional emails

We really like that it notifies us who has requested to opt out of our emails. We have even had our own reps opt out of emails so it reminds us to touch base with them to ensure that they are still representing our products. Additionally, we are very product and video based for most items. This allows us to create direct links for our customers to access our goods. We also used it a lot to introduce our new web page a few years ago. We also think they well composed messages draw more attention that other ones we have tried!

Constant Contact review by <span>Joshua B.</span>
Joshua B.

"Software that works like an employee"

What do you like best?

I like that Constant Contact helps to automate many of our marketing processes. It can be used to sign up people for our newsletters and send out emails in a way that adheres to various email policies and spam laws. It's great we don't have to worry much about those things. Also, Constant Contact has many great templates that makes it quick and easy for use to create good looking emails that are properly formatted for computers and mobile devices.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that we can't remove the Constant Contact branding from the emails – as far as I know. If there is a way to do it, then I dislike that it wasn't obvious enough for me to figure out how to do it. About the sign up forms, there are some limitations to how those forms can be styled, which is a bummer since they don't quite match up the way we want with our website.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are lots of different services like Constant Contact. If you want something simple, straightforward and affordable, then Constant Contact is a good choice. If not, you should consider something else like a more complete CRM system that tracks more data and gives you more control of your campaigns.

We're able to automate the gathering of email addresses and the sending out of emails. We're able to use a wide variety of email templates so we can set up emails for lot of different occasions and purposes to go out quickly.

Constant Contact review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Easy to use and a good centralized place to keep an address book"

What do you like best?

The newlsetters are infinitely customizable and the site walks you through the process whether or not you are familiar with marketing/communication like this.

What do you dislike?

The backend can create some issues. My organization likes to copy and then edit previous newsletters and this has turned out to be a good way to get glitches. Copying is a very simple tool in Constant Contact, so it would be nice if it just worked seamlessly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start off with a mobile-friendly template. It will save so much time and energy if you don't need to transfer your existing look to a new template. (And you'll avoid extra charges.)

This is a more effective way of keeping in touch with our community, rather than sending direct emails all the time. We send one newsletter out weekly at a designated time and this has resulted in a more informed group that doesn't view our communication as unpredictable or spam.

Constant Contact review by User

"Easy to use, pretty simple integration"

What do you like best?

Constant Contact makes it easy to integrate new databases worth of contacts into the system and then pick and choose who and when to send the emails. I have found they are easy to integrate GIF's and videos into which are more appealing to most people and bump up the emails to a new level.

What do you dislike?

The stock layouts are not super fancy but you can easily create something that at least gets your point across. That being said, it is easy to design elsewhere and upload it as an image into the email layout and get the same point across.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try it really is a great product! If you have had experience using other mail automation apps before you will find this easy but if you are new to it, take the time to learn it in full.

We prefer to use Constant Contact over mail chimp for the easier platform and database organization being simpler to send to. Ever since we made the switch to Constant Contact from Mail Chimp I have not looked back so MC may have changed some features but we are utilizing Constant Contact to the full extent on a tri-weekly basis and are happy.

Constant Contact review by <span>Margurette (Maggie) A.</span>
Margurette (Maggie) A.

"Great for Simple Email, But Not for Sophisticated Campaigns"

What do you like best?

The user interface is pretty simple and easy to master in just a sitting. You can navigate in and out of your campaigns and upload contacts fairly easily and quickly, even if you aren't an email marketing pro. They also offer decent email analytics for the price of the software. Just don't get too deep into; otherwise it turns into a manual process.

What do you dislike?

More often times than not, Constant Contact loses the changes made to an email campaign. Or it doesn't like the item you're trying to add (like a photo) and stalls out. Usually when creating emails - you have to save every second for fear you'll lose your work or that if you've made a change it might not be right and then it's impossible to get back to what you had. The formatting is so wonky that you could have something the right font in one section, but wrong in the next even though it's part of the same module. The templates for use are pretty basic and don't offer much variation either. Overall - there are more sophisticated email software available, but Constant Contact is good for super beginner level. I do think they're trying to improve the product, but it might be too little too late.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd definitely do your research and consider trials from similar email providers.

Outreach to clients and customers is why and how we use constant contact. We've been able to share more detailed messages and news through email via constant contact.

Constant Contact review by <span>Danny (Danny Blaq) T.</span>
Danny (Danny Blaq) T.

"Entry level without much of email strategy"

What do you like best?

It is very basic and is best suited for individual that do not have much budget and have no highly experienced users and a dedicated roadmap

What do you dislike?

it is very elementary and it is no match for someone that has mid-level to enterprise experience and business requirements

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for low cost and entry level solution and only care about sending emails minus the personalization, data churn and sophisticated journeys. It may be a good starting point for a company that doesn't have much revenue and skilled users.

Client need to become more intelligent, however, this is not much in the capabilities of the platform. Again it is best suited for entry level individuals that have no clear roadmap and just want to do "email blasts"

Constant Contact review by User in Higher Education

"Very easy and simple"

What do you like best?

The layout and set up of Constant Contact is very simple and easy to create visually stunning results. It's very accessible to create beautiful and attractive email blasts with Constant Contact. It has very in depth and simple to view analytics about your emails. It also has a very consolidated and organized library for all your photos, graphics, and documents. If you have recurring graphics that you use, it's so easy to access those into your new email. Constant Contact also provides opportunities for surveys which are super helpful for our marketing and market research. I love using it for every marketing email campaign we have!!!

What do you dislike?

There is very little that I dislike - I love it! I really mean it when I say there is little that I would change. I've used other marketing campaign sites before and Constant Contact is the best! This is just me being really picky, but if the price of Constant Contact were to be a bit lower, then this would be 100% perfect! Other than that, I have no qualms!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really simple to use and great analytics! Would definitely recommend for all your email marketing needs. It works beautifully and creates stunning results! I love using it and so will you!

Being able to create visually appealing and helpful emails that lead to conversion. Also having in depth analytics that help you see what works and what doesn't in email marketing.

Constant Contact review by User

"User Friendly and Streamlined"

What do you like best?

I really like how user-friendly the program is, especially since I'm not as adept with design. Everything is very intuitive, and it's been incredibly easy to learn how to use. As I do marketing for restaurants, this is a program that I'll be able to recommend to clients who are intimidated by the process of email marketing.

What do you dislike?

I honestly wish that there were more templates for design, especially for the backgrounds of the newsletter. I'm clumsy with design, so it would be nice to have a wider selection of colors and patterns that I can pick from that I know will look good. I also think it would be nice to have the feature of blowing up a single image as a background instead of tiling it out.

I'm helping my restaurant clients raise more awareness for specials they have as well as events and general restaurant news. I've also used Constant Contact for RSVPs for an event we hosted, and the program made it very easy to keep track of invites.

Constant Contact review by <span>Megan R.</span>
Megan R.

"It will get the job done"

What do you like best?

Constant Contact has a lot of pre-build email templates. This is helpful if you are someone who is oblivious to color pairing and would like a professional layout already made for you.

What do you dislike?

It's pretty basic. We didn't have our database integrated with their software (don't believe it was an option) so we had to upload a new list every single time we wanted to send an email to a specific group. There isn't an option (at least when I was using it) to build one off segments from one list. Other software like Campaign Monitor and MailChimp gives you the option to upload one list, and within that list you can create "segments" or "filter" to create groups that you can email specifically without having to upload a new list every time. Constant Contact just created more manual work for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really examine what you'd like to do with your email marketing. If you'd like to automate emails or send behavioral emails, I'd try multiple software that offer this so you find out which one is more user friendly and has more features.

Our marketing department was creating reminder emails to send to our customers.

Constant Contact review by <span>Emmie L.</span>
Emmie L.

"Effective mass mailing software for basic purposes "

What do you like best?

Constant Contact has saved us from when we were in time crunches to send some mass mailers out. It's very user friendly, effective for sending emails due to its simple interface, and you can easily segment lists of leads you want to send the emails out to. You can also do A/B testing with Constant Contact emails, which is a feature that has come in handy for when we had variants we wanted to test out.

What do you dislike?

If you are looking for an advanced software that allows you to score leads, generate leads, and measure/optimize ROI, you won't find it with Constant Contact. This tool is not a marketing automation tool; rather, it shines best when you're looking for a basic yet effective solution to send out mass mailers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't recommend this for a full-blown marketing automation software solution. Go with this if you are looking for something basic to fulfill your essential needs of email marketing.

We have reaped several benefits by using Constant Contact, namely sending out customizable emails to leads easily.

Constant Contact review by <span>Megan M.</span>
Megan M.

"Great interface for very basic emails"

What do you like best?

I like the new email templates and the ease of creating an email from scratch using the building blocks and style options provided.

What do you dislike?

I have a lot of legacy templates that I wish I could easily transfer to the new templates without having to start from scratch. Also, the creative options are limited.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's okay for your basic email blasts, but now that I am a user, I can quickly tell when I get an email that it's from Constant Contact; meaning it doesn't really provide a unique experience for recipients.

The most helpful solution has been to review bounced email addresses and clean up our distribution lists. Also, the benefit of recycling templates is such a time-saver!

Constant Contact review by <span>Elizabeth R.</span>
Elizabeth R.

"Great for Sending Emails to customers"

What do you like best?

Constant Contact is a great service for easily collecting email addresses of customers and sending them emails for your business and advertising. They also easily integrate your campaigns into your social networks for additional sharing.

What do you dislike?

I think the service starts to get pretty expensive when you have a large customer database. Make sure you are choosing the right plan for your business needs, sometimes they offer more than you actually need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your research and make sure you choose the right plan for your needs. Tech support takes a while to respond, but they are very helpful when they do get back to you via email. I have also had good luck calling and talking to support on the phone, they were very helpful!

I love being able to easily set up templates so all my emails look the same and use my businesses branding and colors.

Constant Contact review by User in Environmental Services
User in Environmental Services

"Great email service and easy to create business communications"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of placing text, photos, and links to social media into the emails. We used to have to code everything but this is much easier.

What do you dislike?

The inability to change small aspects via html. For instance we have to pick a color for 'dividers and buttons for the whole email. It would be nice to be able to have some multiple color options so that our emails do not have an overall color vibe going on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for an easy way to keep up with customers, whether it is news about your business, promotions, or new products, this is the easiest way to do it.

The main problem we had was keeping up with 100s of customers via email. Before we would copy/paste all of their emails into the BCC of an email and try to format it nicely. Now we can create the format easily and see what it will look like on a PC or phone.

Constant Contact review by <span>Jo-e S.</span>
Jo-e S.

"Generous App that supports my business on many levels. "

What do you like best?

I'm a busy person, so it would take a lot for me to take the time to write a review. I love Constant Contact, they make email marketing is easy, the templates are simple. I love the events, and then I can create invitations and registration pages with my PayPal information simply in minutes. When I need help, I call and a customer service person is happy to help me until I am through every single detail that I care about. This makes all the difference to me. Customer service is everything, and I mean it.

What do you dislike?

I cannot create a monthly subscription pay button on my event pages in the registration area. But I usually find a creative way to add a link.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There may be other email marketing platforms out there, but I would simply say, the proof is in the consistent customer service. In the generosity and constant growth of the company, and for this reason I am happy to recommend Constant Contact.

I've had a hard time adding a reoccurring payment plan to my event pages on the registration area. One of the constant contact customer service people help me come up with a creative way to do that. It's not perfect, but we solved the problem together.

Constant Contact review by <span>DJ T.</span>
DJ T.

"Great Experience"

What do you like best?

The templates are great, and there are a lot of them, and they are REALLY easy to customize. It's easy to use. And it offers just about every feature I need. I also always receive outstanding customer service, and the surveys are really helpful in gauging member satisfaction and making improvements to our school and its offerings.

What do you dislike?

I wish it were a little bit less expensive, but there's a lot included in the price, so I can't complain much. It just makes it challenging to recommend to some friends with a small business who are watching every penny they spend. Sometimes contact management (I do a lot of it at the end of each school year) is a bit sluggish in the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This company genuinely cares for it's clients. They listen to feedback and implement changes that the community wants to see.

We are a small, private school. We need to be able to communicate with parents, students, and other audiences easily. Constant Contact provides a great way for us to accomplish that, while looking good at the same time. Prior to using Constant Contact, we had no way to track user engagement with emails. Now we know how our emails are performing with our member base and we can make adjustments accordingly. We also make great use of the survey functions. Collecting data for course evaluations, overall school evaluation, and surveys about our programs and events.

Constant Contact review by <span>Marshall B.</span>
Marshall B.

"Efficient Dissemination of Information"

What do you like best?

I like that I can add email addresses quickly and easily, and split them up into lists to make sure the most people see my eblast.

What do you dislike?

One issue I have with Constant Contact is that sometimes the design portion of the eblast isn't as intuitive/straightforward as I would like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is widely known, widely used, and few spam filters block it. The ability to send information this easily is unrivaled on such a platform, in my opinion.

The ability to blast information/fliers to large groups of individuals in a manner which is easily shared (forwarding emails) helps my information get in front of the right people. Benefits are numerous, as this leads to more calls/thoughts/ideas.

Constant Contact review by <span>Dakota E.</span>
Dakota E.

"Constant Contact: A great easy to use tool for those who know very little about marketing"

What do you like best?

We use constant contact for customer outreach on a regular basis. It is easy to use and allows us to quickly manage our outreach emails and analyze the related metrics.

What do you dislike?

I have no complaints about this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend using the free trial to test the different interface as compared to what you are using now. I would also suggest contact a sales rep and asking for a quote in order to comparer costs.

Our business model relies on email outreach and it has to be easy to use because we do not have a dedicated marketing person. Many different salespeople, with vary degrees of marketing competence, are able to use constant contact successfully.

Constant Contact review by <span>Ashley B.</span>
Ashley B.

"Constant Contact Review"

What do you like best?

I liked the layout of the templates for our monthly bulletin. it was nice to have a lot of options of what we might want the newsletter to be like. It was easier than the other platforms we had tried out. We had used Get response, as well. Which was a little more difficult to use and less favorable layout options.

What do you dislike?

I did not like the lack of manipulation of where images could be, I sometimes needed the image to be in a specific place, but it was difficult to move or find the resources to move it. What I also did to like was the share buttons were not for people to be lead to our facebook and other social media outlets.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I enjoyed using this program, but I would suggest checking other platforms as well, depending on what is the right layout and user ability that you want and what I would suggest to do before committing to one. We liked Constant Contact because it worked best for what we wanted to do.

We needed a platform to send out our monthly newsletter. We have chosen this one because we had liked the layouts and the easy to use platform. This was great for us to also analyze how many people are opening the newsletter and what time of day would be best on the number of open emails.

Constant Contact review by <span>Amy G.</span>
Amy G.

"Constant Contact makes email marketing easy"

What do you like best?

I love how i can reuse templates over and over. I also love the free webinars they have to help me build the best email. I also love the ability to do surveys and record responses

What do you dislike?

I don't like the cost. i feel like the service could be a little more affordable. I also don't like that ~40% of the emails I send end up in spam mailboxes

Recommendations to others considering the product

probability not. i think there are bettter email servers on the market that would give a better value for the price.

I'm able to collect emails on our website, wordpress add-on, send emails, automate emails, and send out surveys and collect data.

Constant Contact review by User in Professional Training & Coaching
User in Professional Training & Coaching

"It gets the job done!"

What do you like best?

I like the usability of Constant Contact. Everything is pretty straightforward and user-friendly. Everyone from our graphic designer to our more technologically challenged co-workers can navigate the site.

What do you dislike?

I feel like with the all-levels UI, some more advanced features are lacking. I think more ability to create original content, more ways to categorize and target subscribers, and big improvements to the survey features (that is one part of CC that I haven't found easily navigable), would make for a better experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a VERY user friendly program. I feel like anyone who has basic knowledge of any computer software could use this with ease. It works wonderfully for our group and I don't think anyone has run into an issue that was easily solved with help from others or checking the FAQs section.

We are able to get our products in front of our audience with ease & quickness. We don't run in to the issues of spam flagging as we did with mass mailings of days past as all of our recipients have opted in.

Constant Contact review by User in Religious Institutions
User in Religious Institutions

"Wonderful Email Marketing Tool"

What do you like best?

We use this tool at least once a month to send an e-newsletter from our department within the church I work for. We love that it allows us to store and easily update our contact list. We love that we can duplicate our enews from month to month so we don't have to constantly recreate the content and template when we often have information that remains relevant month to month. And we love that you can easily embed links to all of the videos and websites you reference.

What do you dislike?

The only thing we dislike is that it very occasionally wipes out contact lists. This has only happened about 1 time per year, but I do maintain an Excel document of our contacts just in case this happens, because we have learned the hard way that occasionally all contacts will just disappear. Now, this is a shared account at church, so there is a slight chance this is human error by another department, but I am not sure.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While this platform takes a few uses to learn the ins and outs, when you get the hang of it, it becomes so easy to use. Our company has a shared business account, so we all log into the same account to send emails from various departments at church. That allows us to share templates and contact lists, while still maintaining some autonomy from department to department. It is user friendly, easily teachable, and very intuitive. I would highly recommend this to anyone doing email marketing.

We can easily send monthly newsletters to large groups of people, track who views the information, and even see which links people click through. It gives us a lot of insight about what grabs people's attention and helps us continue to hone our news to make our enews the best possible version of itself.

Constant Contact review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

"Great for Small Business Owners who Aren't Email Marketers by Profession"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use, and when you sign up, a coach contacts you to help you get started. They also have really useful features like text to sign up, which you can use to increase your opt in rate. And, if you're a speaker, or run a business where you're meeting with people 1-1, it's much easier to have them text to sign up, than to have to instruct them to go to a landing page.

What do you dislike?

There is a small learning curve, but once you set up the basics and send a few emails, it's easy to navigate and remember. It's also pricey compared to many other email providers, but you do get some extra services, like the text to sign up, some social media managment, and a live person to help you get started.

With the right content, email marketing helps you to build relationships with your clients or potential customers.

Constant Contact review by <span>Bianca S.</span>
Bianca S.

"constant contact is the way to go!"

What do you like best?

I was a student worker during my undergraduate career, and much of my job involved reaching the student community by way of weekly newsletters. We used Constant Contact for this task, and it was great. I really enjoyed the fact that it is customizable so that we can add our own flare to the weekly newsletters; we were able to change the layout, colors, and font to better suit the look and feel of our university.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything that I disliked about Constant Contact. Like most products, you have to work with it until you feel comfortable enough! This was no different. I think I spent a few days just toying with the layout and adding different pictures to see how the program works before actually utilizing it for the newsletter.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Constant Contact may seem daunting in the beginning, similar to many products, but Constant Contact is probably one of the easiest products that I've worked with. My only advice is that, at times, you will have to work with your layout a bit to achieve the look you want. When I was working with Constant Contact, and I would have to add photos and things like that, the layout may change just a bit. It's all about toying with the product for a while until you 1) feel comfortable, and 2) get the look/feel you want to appeal to your specific audience.

Constant Contact was a seamless way for us to reach the student community without burdening them (the students) with multiple emails on various events and things like that. Constant Contact made it much easier to communicate with the student population.

Constant Contact review by Administrator in Public Relations and Communications
Administrator in Public Relations and Communications

"User-friendly with ability to scale"

What do you like best?

The platform is very user-friendly - even our clients with more antiquated marketing systems have been able to navigate it very easily. It's also easy to scale - can be very simple or more sophisticated, can pay more for larger contact lists... it's an easy service for anyone. Especially good for companies who don't have an email marketing specialist on hand - any marketing professional or small business owner should be able to figure this out fairly easily. They also have a good support system - I've found the live chat option to be really useful when there's a glitch. They'll log right into your account and solve the problem for you.

What do you dislike?

Some negatives to Constant Contact are that you are somewhat limited with the email template design - you can do alot and that's usually more than enough for the average person but for big corporate companies this likely won't work. There's also no email automation feature so it's not a great fit for retail.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the free 30-day trial and work with Constant Contact's design team to help you create a custom eamil template which will look much more professional than constructing one in the email creater itself.

Easy to use and cost-efficient email service. Can send branded emails easily to a large contact list.

Constant Contact review by <span>Jordan F.</span>
Jordan F.

"Easy thanks use, does what it says, great for first time users"

What do you like best?

Easy to use web based platform. Multiple basic templates and themes to choose from. Great for people just starting out with mass mailings

What do you dislike?

The themes and templates lack that modern pizzazz. The selection to choose from is very outdated and typical of late 90’s and early 2000. They definitely could use a modernization

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you’re looking for something super sleek with crisp modern appearance then you probably want to use another product. If you don’t mind simple and plain and VERY user friendly then go with CC. Great for first time users

Ability to contact over 3000 people weekly with the click of a button. I am able to track basic dtatitucs like readership and interest and advertise community events

Constant Contact review by <span>Laura C.</span>
Laura C.

"Constant Contact is great for colleges and universities!"

What do you like best?

I really like how user-friendly the Constant Contact system is to use & how easy it was for us to separate different groups to email about different things. I also really liked how you could set specific dates and times for when to send out different messages. That feature made it a lot easier for our office to schedule different communications and be able to set them up all at once. Finally, Constant Contact was great for allowing us to customize our different messages to students even moreso than when we used our regular email server.

What do you dislike?

I wished there were more pre-made templates. We often times had to create our own or reuse ones from others. Having more pre-made templates would make developing new emails to send to students easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Constant Contact is great for a large organization, particularly colleges and universities, sending out mass communication to many groups of individuals. If you need to separate a large list of clients or students into multiple contact lists, Constant Contact is great for streamlining it. It's extremely easy to use and can accomodate different departments and many different users.

It was so easy to contact different groups of students and group them into different groups with Constant Contact - figuring out how to message different groups of students was difficult before Constant Contact! We could also streamline how often we emailed students by the scheduling feature on Constant Contact. If we were going to be sending similar messages at different times, we could set that up in advance. It was also helpful to see which other departments in the school had sent emails out, since we had access to that. It was very easy to tell who had sent out what communication due to that feature without having to check in with another colleague.

Constant Contact review by <span>Ellie T.</span>
Ellie T.

"Good for those who haven't done email marketing before"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of Constant Contact is a relief to those who have not done email marketing (or any kind of marketing) before. It gets you familiar with sending email campaigns, writing email campaign content, writing effective calls to action and the like. These are the basics of email marketing.

What do you dislike?

However, for a tried and true marketer, Constant Contact does not provide you with the statistics you need, such as click through rate or number of clicks to each link. Those are some pretty basic statistic to collect from an email campaign.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are completely new to email marketing or marketing, then try Constant Contact to see if you get the hang of it. The email templates are clean and simple. Many people can learn to create emails on the fly which is nice. No long hours reworking a campaign repeatedly.

Getting content and information on our website to our customers is the main problem solved. The benefits include more visits to our website, especially the day the email is deployed. Another benefit is having people forward the email to their friends, so that gets more subscribers to our emails as well as even more views to our website.

Constant Contact review by <span>Jenelle W.</span>
Jenelle W.

"Easily send group emails to clients or supporters"

What do you like best?

I like that you are able to group contacts in different folders when you upload them so you know who you are sending the emails to. when you create an email you then check which folders to send the email to. I also like that you can easily updated contact information so as to not have duplicate contacts. I like that it walks you through how to upload multiple contacts and how easy the templates are to design with.

What do you dislike?

I wish the templates were easier to change. There are areas that you can only update when you look at the internal code tab. I am not familiar with using code so this gets tricky. I also wish it was easier to line up items in the template. There need to be more options when designing. I also do not like that all of the blocks or options are not easily available to every email template you chose. so if you COpy one email for another if you need to alter it drastically it may be difficult to find another block that you need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use and you don't have to be a wiz at the computer to design a professional looking email and for uploading many contacts at once.

Providing updated information to clients and supporters easily and quickly through emails. Easily creating well designed emails without using code. This software also tracks how many people open the emails and who clicks on the email.This is helpful to see what is working and what is not.

Constant Contact review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Great for beginners, frustrating for experienced marketers"

What do you like best?

Its very easy to use and thoughtfully laid out. They're adding new features like A/B Subject Line testing and scheduled resends to their features.

What do you dislike?

Its very basic, as our their templates which haven't been updated in years. They stripped out many of their custom options for emails when they updated their interface. For the price we pay for 200k+ subscribers, we're not getting very premium features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're going to be sending emails to over 100K people and want a feature rich email service, I wouldn't recommend Constant Contact. For the same price they'll charge you could use a service like SalesForce and have way more options, although it wont be as easy to use and simple as Constant Contact.

Reaching out to our patient base. We receive around 75+ scheduled appointments every time we send out our monthly newsletter to our 200K list of patients.

Constant Contact review by <span>Sheri B.</span>
Sheri B.

"Constantly Kick A$$ Ways to Keep in Contact"

What do you like best?

I love the ways the company is always developing ways to keep in contact with my clients while keeping the cost really affordable for any sized business. I also love the having the tools at my fingertips at home, work, or even mobile.

What do you dislike?

I don't know that I can pinpoint anything that I dislike necessarily. I think this is a product that continually strives to meet the needs of their clients and give us the best product they can while remaining cost-effective for any sized business.

The challenge of keeping my client's needs at the forefront of my product development phases is always difficult. I love the ability that Constant Contact has to get feedback from my contacts. I like that Constant Contact has metrics with each post that I can see which campaign did better than the last. The information I receive about each email I send gives me the ability to tweak the next campaign to perform even better. Once I had sent a few emails, I had the insights and stats to be able to almost perfect my message to my contacts so the open rate, forwarding, and subscribing rate continues to grow!

Constant Contact review by Administrator

"Easy to use software for sending out newsletters"

What do you like best?

There are many email templates to choose from when making a newsletter or email. They range from seasonal to event specific templates. You can create landing pages with polls and RVSP forms. It's simple to use and mobile friendly.

What do you dislike?

The contact database does not allow you to edit multiple contacts at once. You have to open each contact in a new tab to edit. If you click into their details, once you're finished, Constant Contact brings you back to the homepage. You have to search or filter for the same contacts all over again.

The functions of the email automation is convenient for sending out emails to "Non-Openers", instead of having to manually do it. Constant Contact allows you to select "resend to non-openers in X amount of days". We no longer have to make a new list and resend to non-openers.

Constant Contact review by <span>Nicole S.</span>
Nicole S.

"more than just emailing prospective clients"

What do you like best?

I love this program; it makes contacting prospective and reoccurring clients very easy. The interface also makes it easy to create beautiful fliers within the program prior to distribution. I am able to insert links, pictures and data easily and beautifully. Our users are able to receive easy to read notifications of upcoming events and register without confusion.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see this program automatically pull email addresses from any/all programs that I allow, but I believe the program will only pull from Excel. Our group utilizes Cornerstone for talent management and all completed sessions are stored in this platform. It would be incredibly helpful if we could somehow connect Constant Contact with Cornerstone to pull completion data from our Facilitative Leadership sessions to enable a more fluid and less time consuming process of updating our contact lists.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend using this program. It's very user friendly and a really useful tool.

It makes contacting prospective and reoccurring clients very easy. The interface also makes it easy to create beautiful fliers within the program prior to distribution. I am able to easily generate hyperlinks, insert the links, pictures and data easily and beautifully.

We are using this program to invite employees to join us for a facilitative leadership refresher (a bimonthly virtual session). Constant Contact keeps our data organized and allows us to track what our invitees have viewed, clicked and helps us to understand interest levels.

Constant Contact review by <span>Amber S.</span>
Amber S.

"Easy to Use!"

What do you like best?

Constant Contact provides a similar user experience as most other email automation platforms, so it's really simple to dive in and utilize. I like that Constant Contact stores your styling choices (like colors and fonts) and link history because it makes designing emails quick and efficient.

What do you dislike?

This isn't the most sophisticated email automation platform, but it is better than some others. It's a user-friendly platform. Very simple (which isn't exactly great). I also do not like that the process of saving a draft then going back in and accessing the draft isn't as convenient as other automation platforms. Also, it can be annoying to constantly hit the old school floppy disc save icon when going from section to section of the email in creation. I think it should be simple to click in and out of "blocks" (like images, text, boxes, etc.) instead of having to click the save icon and then proceed to move onto the next section. That functionality could be more efficient.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an email automation platform that isn't the most sophisticated or advanced (particularly when it comes to the design and styling of other choices) but it definitely produces a quality-looking email. Also, it's nice that your styling (fonts/color) colors and links are stored for ease of future use. This platform also recommends a best time of day to send your emails, so the results tracking is convenient.

This email platform is excellent for announcing events and sharing information. Again, it is a simple, user-friendly platform, so to draft up and send out a regular newsletter is great. It makes keeping in communication with customers/clients simple.