Constant Contact

Constant Contact

(2078)

Constant Contact introduced the first email marketing tool for small businesses, nonprofits, and associations in 1998. Today, the company helps hundreds of thousands of customers worldwide find marketing success through the only all-in-one online marketing platform for small organizations.

Work for Constant Contact?

Learning about Constant Contact?

Constant Contact Reviews

Showing 2089 Constant Contact reviews
Constant Contact review by <span>Randy L.</span>
Randy L.

Ahhh... My old Friend!!

What do you like best?

The protection of my domain name and the reputation of a trusted service. I am also familiar with the product as I used it 10 years ago. Obviously it is a good viable way to communicate via internet access as it has passed all laws. The double opt in is one of my favorite features. I don't want to be considered a spam communicator.

What do you dislike?

Wish they offered a Text drop service to the same contacts. If the system automatically upgrades to the next program if you exceed the contact number threshold, it should also work in reverse, meaning if my contacts list falls below a certain amount, it should automatically downgrade your plan.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Maybe offer a way to Text drop or voice mail drop the same contacts . I don't really have any other suggestions but this thing will not get me away from it unless I fill it with unneeded and unnecessary fluff, I do not understand why you force more than just my opinion.

I am not looking like a "spammer" and if you want to stop, just opt out! It has an awesome news letter builder so now I can just give information without have to always seem like I need a reason for contacting them. They can also get helpful information from me which means I can build rapport and trust. Hopefully it will generate referrals sales.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Constant Contact
Constant Contact review by <span>Brandon N.</span>
Brandon N.

Love it!

What do you like best?

The interface is easy to use and keeping up with contact lists is a breeze. Especially with the most recent update, it makes it easy for me to make sure that the text goes where I want it to go and it ensures that I am able to keep everything the same from email to email. Additionally, having the chance to copy an email and then edit it again makes it great for sending out a series of campaigns. For example, we just had an event at work and I sent 5 emails with the same format for 5 weeks. instead of having to redo each email, I was able to copy the original email and then go from there.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to merge contact lists together and I wish it was a little bit easier to get pictures to go where you wanted in the emails. I feel as if sometimes the pictures are placed into the email without much thought and it can lead to difficulty in trying to keep it professional. For example, I have noticed that when it comes to trying to do an image on one side and text on another, the image will sometimes cut into the text making the email look unprofessional, which can be a problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

N/A

It makes it so easy for us to keep in touch with our participants and I love how they respond to the emails.

What Email Marketing solution do you use?

Constant Contact review by <span>Suzanne M.</span>
Suzanne M.

I use Constant Contact to send business email campaigns for various industries.

What do you like best?

I like that I can schedule an email and the detailed, real time reporting and tracking features. I like how easy it is to manage several contact lists and how they are automatically de-duped.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the limited design capabilities. I usually just send up designing my own template, saving it as a jpeg image and inserting into the email template. I also don't like that there is no location tracking for email recipients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a good tool for email campaigns, especially for users who do not have design capabilities. For experienced designers, you may get frustrated with the set design parameters.

I am able to reach my company's target audience easily and track interest. The benefits are immediate response. I also appreciate the extended reach that can be achieved by the forwarding feature, although if the person you forward the email to unsubscribes, it will take the sender's name off of your contact list.

Constant Contact review by <span>Jessie P.</span>
Jessie P.

Good but needs work

What do you like best?

Nice, Clean designs with best send times

What do you dislike?

Templates are rigid & mobile needs work

Recommendations to others considering the product

The basics are there, but I recommend utilizing all marketing best practices when designing campaigns. The emails can look tacky if not designed thoughtfully. Also be careful when inserting images - make sure the resolution is high enough (screenshots don't always turn out well), and be prepared for layouts that don't allow much movement of images. I suggest stocking your library with all the media you use consistently, eg: logos, visuals, box text, etc so that you can easily pull from that stock when designing. It saves you time and effort when you don't have to hunt around for that one picture. Something I think very important is how the campaign will look on different screens: mobile, desktop, tablet, etc. For example you often don't see the color border when viewing on mobile, although it appears on a desktop. If the color scheme plays into your design in an important way, try to include it in the background, photos, or text you use instead.

Easily mails to thousands of contacts, with best send time option which is very handy. It's great for getting our message out as a nonprofit because we can electronically send our newsletters and updates to our supporters.

Constant Contact review by <span>Victoria S.</span>
Victoria S.

Easy Use, but Slightly Outdated

What do you like best?

The ability to keep thousands of business contacts on hand whenever and wherever we need them. Allows user(s) to connect a contact form to WordPress for bloggers. Shows all activity and reports on active members within your list of contacts, as well as how many emails were opened versus the number of emails in your marketing blast. Constant Contact also has free webinars and classes for business people, which is great for people looking to grow their business. Emails can be formatted to fit computer- based and mobile- based online reading. I can also look up singular members by phone number, first and/or name, or email address.

What do you dislike?

The software and format is slightly outdated, compared to other modern clouds and records websites. Also lacks a few simple features within the program, such as providing direction to the user. (I.e., after entering a single contact, the user is directed to a single information page of the contact they just entered, and provides no options as to what could happen next; such as entering another contact, going to the home page, or information revision.)

Entering contacts is easy one-by-one, but software has minimal tutorials on how to use the program for beginners. It took me a while to figure out how to enter many contacts at the same time, rather than one at a time. When you have several hundred new contacts to enter, it can take a while to have to redirect to four pages before

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's easy to use and inexpensive, as far as these types of programs go.

I love that I can look up information per contact whenever I need it, and connecting to WordPress is a fantastic way to keep up with new people in my blogspace.

Constant Contact review by <span>Ryan S.</span>
Ryan S.

Easily navigable marketing email platform, but emails sometimes don't end up in inboxes

What do you like best?

Constant Contact was so much easier to use than a mail merge because the platform allowed us to input all emails into one folder and populate successive emails with the addresses. We were also able to monitor our research participant engagement through tracking whether or not they opened emails, which we needed to be able to do.

What do you dislike?

The one issue we experienced was that the emails were often getting sent to our participants' second tier or junk emails. We are not sure why this happened, but it forced us to ask the research participants to add our email addresses to their contact lists since they needed to be receiving these emails. I'm not sure why this was (maybe the spam filter recognized a mass email), but functionality to prevent this would make Constant Contact the perfect platform.

Sending mass emails quickly and efficiently while tracking whether our research subjects are actually opening the emails we send them.

Learn more about Constant Contact

Constant Contact Videos

Learning about Constant Contact?

* We monitor all Constant Contact reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.