Constant Contact

Constant Contact

3.8
(2,552)

Constant Contact introduced the first email marketing tool for small businesses, nonprofits, and associations in 1998. Today, the company helps hundreds of thousands of customers worldwide find marketing success through the only all-in-one online marketing platform for small organizations.

Work for Constant Contact?

Learning about Constant Contact?

Constant Contact Reviews

Showing 2,565 Constant Contact reviews
Constant Contact review by Karina Sofia C.
Karina Sofia C.

"Great to develop emial marketing campaigns."

What do you like best?

It is one of the best systems to create email marketing campaigns, we can choose between many templates with different designs that we can edit to create our campaign with a great style.

Segmenting contacts is very easy, we can organize different lists according to our criteria and select them when we need to send the campaign.

Your multimedia manager works very well, we can have a large variety of stored images and use them in any of the campaigns that we create, we can also measure the effectiveness of each shipment we make since the system has metrics that help analyze the results, we can see the percentages of opening, clicks and rebounds.

What do you dislike?

I like this system a lot, maybe it's a bit expensive, but I think it's worth the investment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great tool for any company, it is easy to use and excellent to promote products, services and companies in general through email marketing.

Constant Contact has helped my company to make sales and reach much more customers, it is an excellent tool for any type of company, regardless of its size.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Constant Contact
Constant Contact review by Kyle W.
Kyle W.

"Happy Customer"

What do you like best?

Extremely easy to create and upload contacts for an email blast with simple widgets that can be customized more if need be. Very simple to add a list of contacts and customize into different groups. Also like how they have an agency plan which helps deal with multiple clients in one account.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how it's complicated to export into HTML template. Maybe it's possible? I just don't know how?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a look at all of the CRM services before deciding. Each offers a little bit of variation in what features they are best at as well as pricing scales. Constant Contact seems to be the best for a business situation and in my case - Commercial Real Estate.

We are able to reach all of our customers through an email blast. It creates an endless opportunity of leads and helps to stay in front of clients with a limited window of time.

What Email Marketing solution do you use?

Constant Contact review by Enio G.
Enio G.

"Ideal to automate your email marketing campaigns"

What do you like best?

It has hundreds of templates to not waste time when doing your campaign, there are of all topics. It allows to store a long list of subscribers and its use is really simple. The dashboard is extremely simple and functional, no unnecessary buttons that occupy so much space. It is very customizable especially if you have knowledge of HTML. It has an excellent systems of statistics and reports in real time.

What do you dislike?

It lacks an android application, and in my opinion it's a big counter since not all the time I'm in the office and I need to do email campaigns at any time, so an android app would be great. The price is really high compared to its competitors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Contant Contact is a great way to stay in touch with your subscribers. Its email marketing platform offers an excellent interface, hundreds of high-quality templates and a learning center with many resources. It's so easy that you do not have to be reading extensive guides or watching long tutorials, the interface is very intuitive that you will master from the beginning. Constant Contact is an excellent option if you have a company dedicated to digital marketing or if you own a large products and subscribers store.

My company is focused on digital marketing, we provide online advertising and marketing services and Contact Constant is the perfect tool for us. The statistics allow us to know how is the acceptance by our subscribers and helps us make business decisions correctly and efficiently.

Constant Contact review by Andrew T.
Andrew T.

"Constant Contact Email Blasts"

What do you like best?

The ease of creating an email blast with simple widgets that can be customized more if need be. Also very strait forward on how to add contacts, and lists of contacts to the database. I like how they have an agency plan which helps deal with multiple clients in one account.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the entire email blasts cannot be exported to HTML from a simple in menu command.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a look at all of the email vendors around before deciding. Each offers a little bit of variation in what features they are best at. Constant Contact seems to be the best for a business situation. They do a great job with working with advertising agencies that may have many clients all in one Constant Contact account.

We are able to reach all of our customers through an email blast. Once a month we create a unique blog on our website and send an email blast replicating the blog to our database.

Constant Contact review by Eisha M. C.
Eisha M. C.

"Works well!"

What do you like best?

I really like being able to monitor how many people are opening our e-mails and then how many people are also clicking through our e-mails. It helps us figure out what types of e-mails are most effective and what we keep doing in the future to make sure that we are reaching all of our tenants.

What do you dislike?

I really just wish it was harder for people to unsubscribe from our e-mails. I get that there is probably a law behind how they do it, but a lot of our tenants don't realize that this is how we send out most of our information and they end up missing out on some important stuff.

We are figuring out where our time can be well spent versus where we are wasting time. A lot of our promos just don't even get opened, so we have to find ways to reach them. It is really helpful to look back and see how many people actually read the e-mails we sent.

Constant Contact review by Andrea C.
Andrea C.

"Constant Contact, the One-Stop Solution for Local Business & Brands"

What do you like best?

I like that I can add events, polls, coupons, and "text to join" our marketing campaigns. I also like the social media integration and widget for the website (event calendar for example.) The customer support is the best feature, by email, chat and you can even get a live person by phone! Also, you are assigned a Success Manager to help get you started with the best package, your first campaign as well as a customized templat to match the look and feel of yoru brand. There are also tons of articles and video tutorials to walk you through every task on the platform.

What do you dislike?

$45 per month is not always an easy sell for clients with 500 contacts or less. Also, CC only allows for one Welcome Email, I would like a different one for each list if I choose. I would also like the Constant Contact branding to be more subtle on campaigns - their logo is prominent at the bottom of email campaigns for example..I would also like more control of header graphic on campaigns and sign up forms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend some time in the vast library of tutorials and help videos. This will ease the learning curve for using a new system.

Maintaining and building relationships with subscribers. Staying relevant and top-of-, mind. Helping clients do the same. The landing pages have been a good feature for clients who choose to have a "brochure, informational only" style website. Also, the various lead capture options are effective - popup box can be timed or pop up on visitor exit. Of course, they have the traditional sign up box.

Constant Contact review by Kim M.
Kim M.

"Simple Integration with MindBody Software"

What do you like best?

I like Constant Contacts ability to create different surveys and lists for a variety of purposes. The ability to resend to people that have not opened it, tracking reports and design tools are great features.

What do you dislike?

I do not like how some of the information in MindBody does not sync properly to Constant Contact. Sometimes last names are imported as first names and birthdays are not synched. There are not interest fields in MindBody that sync into Constant Contact in order to segment our marketing efforts.

We use Constant Contact on a weekly basis. The email communication tools in MindBody are very simple and not focused on high quality visuals, so we utilize Constant Contact as a supplemental tool. We use it to keep our customers informed with monthly newsletters and deals, promote upcoming events and distribute surveys with promotional codes to first time clients.

Constant Contact review by Kathy K.
Kathy K.

"Powerful communications tool"

What do you like best?

The formatting process keeps getting easier and easier. The results are visually appealing and adaptable to many platforms, from PC to small devices. There is great flexibility in setting up blocks of information, images and documents are easy to upload. It's much easier to move blocks around, and there are more options for formatting.

What do you dislike?

Some of the formatting functions are still fall a little short, but the process has been improving steadily over the past couple of years, so I'm hopeful it will continue to be streamlined. One quirk in particular with the newest templates is newly uploaded images don't always appear; at least once per session I have to refresh the page for everything to appear.

It would also be a great time saver for documents to appear in some particular order. As it is, a document can upload at the beginning of the list, in the middle, or at the end. The logic isn't clear, so I often spend more time than I would like looking for a document I just uploaded so I can link it to my message.

It's very easy for us to communicate with our church congregation from a simple reminder message to a more longer weekly message that includes several links to various documents and websites.

Constant Contact review by Tracy C.
Tracy C.

"Industry standard platform with great service "

What do you like best?

Constant Contact is an industry standard. Like how it allows us to connect with our website to allow prospects to join our mailing list as well as the text to join capabilities. New drag and drop template design is easier to work with. Really appreciate having the online LiveChat customer service. I've used that a lot and it has been extremely helpful in troubleshooting last minute technical issues I've had with eblasts.

What do you dislike?

Would appreciate adding greater functionality along the lines of the following:

• Easier tracking of images. If use a lot of images in designs it can be hard to find the image you want. Can't see full image name and thumbnail of pix are small so hard to see which one you're choosing.

• Better understanding of the bounces. Many come up as suspended, but no real understanding or reasoning for this given.

• Better click tracking reports. Seems like with the newer templates this has changed.

• Better ways to avoid getting caught in spam filters

Recommendations to others considering the product

updated templates don't offer Google Analytics tracking. Really hoping that very valuable feature is added back ASAP

connecting with customers and prospects.

Constant Contact review by Randy L.
Randy L.

"Ahhh... My old Friend!!"

What do you like best?

The protection of my domain name and the reputation of a trusted service. I am also familiar with the product as I used it 10 years ago. Obviously it is a good viable way to communicate via internet access as it has passed all laws. The double opt in is one of my favorite features. I don't want to be considered a spam communicator.

What do you dislike?

Wish they offered a Text drop service to the same contacts. If the system automatically upgrades to the next program if you exceed the contact number threshold, it should also work in reverse, meaning if my contacts list falls below a certain amount, it should automatically downgrade your plan.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Maybe offer a way to Text drop or voice mail drop the same contacts . I don't really have any other suggestions but this thing will not get me away from it unless I fill it with unneeded and unnecessary fluff, I do not understand why you force more than just my opinion.

I am not looking like a "spammer" and if you want to stop, just opt out! It has an awesome news letter builder so now I can just give information without have to always seem like I need a reason for contacting them. They can also get helpful information from me which means I can build rapport and trust. Hopefully it will generate referrals sales.

Constant Contact review by Brandon N.
Brandon N.

"Love it!"

What do you like best?

The interface is easy to use and keeping up with contact lists is a breeze. Especially with the most recent update, it makes it easy for me to make sure that the text goes where I want it to go and it ensures that I am able to keep everything the same from email to email. Additionally, having the chance to copy an email and then edit it again makes it great for sending out a series of campaigns. For example, we just had an event at work and I sent 5 emails with the same format for 5 weeks. instead of having to redo each email, I was able to copy the original email and then go from there.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to merge contact lists together and I wish it was a little bit easier to get pictures to go where you wanted in the emails. I feel as if sometimes the pictures are placed into the email without much thought and it can lead to difficulty in trying to keep it professional. For example, I have noticed that when it comes to trying to do an image on one side and text on another, the image will sometimes cut into the text making the email look unprofessional, which can be a problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

N/A

It makes it so easy for us to keep in touch with our participants and I love how they respond to the emails.

Constant Contact review by Maryanne R.
Maryanne R.

"Looks beautiful and is hard-working under the hood"

What do you like best?

Constant Contact has beautiful templates with easy drag and drop blocks to help build professional and visually pleasing emails. The Contacts are easily organized into groups and the data on these groups is easily accessible. It is a good experience for both the sender and the receiver.

What do you dislike?

Constant Contact does not. use the same metrics we enjoy for our customers to assess the Constant Contact customers. We get repeated offers for things we are already participating in. Not a dislike, really, a waste of time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have recommended to agencies that have a small staff to manage many email messages. It keeps your contacts organized and catches duplicate emails as it goes. It meters the email sending so you don't have to.

We are a K-12 school and our parent communications are largely through Constant Contact. Parents know what to expect and watch for our emails.

Constant Contact review by Suzanne M.
Suzanne M.

"I use Constant Contact to send business email campaigns for various industries."

What do you like best?

I like that I can schedule an email and the detailed, real time reporting and tracking features. I like how easy it is to manage several contact lists and how they are automatically de-duped.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the limited design capabilities. I usually just send up designing my own template, saving it as a jpeg image and inserting into the email template. I also don't like that there is no location tracking for email recipients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a good tool for email campaigns, especially for users who do not have design capabilities. For experienced designers, you may get frustrated with the set design parameters.

I am able to reach my company's target audience easily and track interest. The benefits are immediate response. I also appreciate the extended reach that can be achieved by the forwarding feature, although if the person you forward the email to unsubscribes, it will take the sender's name off of your contact list.

Constant Contact review by Jessie P.
Jessie P.

"Good but needs work"

What do you like best?

Nice, Clean designs with best send times

What do you dislike?

Templates are rigid & mobile needs work

Recommendations to others considering the product

The basics are there, but I recommend utilizing all marketing best practices when designing campaigns. The emails can look tacky if not designed thoughtfully. Also be careful when inserting images - make sure the resolution is high enough (screenshots don't always turn out well), and be prepared for layouts that don't allow much movement of images. I suggest stocking your library with all the media you use consistently, eg: logos, visuals, box text, etc so that you can easily pull from that stock when designing. It saves you time and effort when you don't have to hunt around for that one picture. Something I think very important is how the campaign will look on different screens: mobile, desktop, tablet, etc. For example you often don't see the color border when viewing on mobile, although it appears on a desktop. If the color scheme plays into your design in an important way, try to include it in the background, photos, or text you use instead.

Easily mails to thousands of contacts, with best send time option which is very handy. It's great for getting our message out as a nonprofit because we can electronically send our newsletters and updates to our supporters.

Constant Contact review by Victoria S.
Victoria S.

"Easy Use, but Slightly Outdated"

What do you like best?

The ability to keep thousands of business contacts on hand whenever and wherever we need them. Allows user(s) to connect a contact form to WordPress for bloggers. Shows all activity and reports on active members within your list of contacts, as well as how many emails were opened versus the number of emails in your marketing blast. Constant Contact also has free webinars and classes for business people, which is great for people looking to grow their business. Emails can be formatted to fit computer- based and mobile- based online reading. I can also look up singular members by phone number, first and/or name, or email address.

What do you dislike?

The software and format is slightly outdated, compared to other modern clouds and records websites. Also lacks a few simple features within the program, such as providing direction to the user. (I.e., after entering a single contact, the user is directed to a single information page of the contact they just entered, and provides no options as to what could happen next; such as entering another contact, going to the home page, or information revision.)

Entering contacts is easy one-by-one, but software has minimal tutorials on how to use the program for beginners. It took me a while to figure out how to enter many contacts at the same time, rather than one at a time. When you have several hundred new contacts to enter, it can take a while to have to redirect to four pages before

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's easy to use and inexpensive, as far as these types of programs go.

I love that I can look up information per contact whenever I need it, and connecting to WordPress is a fantastic way to keep up with new people in my blogspace.

Constant Contact review by Ryan S.
Ryan S.

"Easily navigable marketing email platform, but emails sometimes don't end up in inboxes"

What do you like best?

Constant Contact was so much easier to use than a mail merge because the platform allowed us to input all emails into one folder and populate successive emails with the addresses. We were also able to monitor our research participant engagement through tracking whether or not they opened emails, which we needed to be able to do.

What do you dislike?

The one issue we experienced was that the emails were often getting sent to our participants' second tier or junk emails. We are not sure why this happened, but it forced us to ask the research participants to add our email addresses to their contact lists since they needed to be receiving these emails. I'm not sure why this was (maybe the spam filter recognized a mass email), but functionality to prevent this would make Constant Contact the perfect platform.

Sending mass emails quickly and efficiently while tracking whether our research subjects are actually opening the emails we send them.

Constant Contact review by Michael P.
Michael P.

"Pressure to grow list with the limited Free Trial"

What do you like best?

Great email builder, arguably much more developer friendly than Mailchimp (although Mailchimp is much friendlier for casual users) as well as very deep A/B testing capabilities that rival Mailchimp.

What do you dislike?

For new clients starting with a small list, the "free trial" time is limited, and will start generating operating costs much sooner than using Mailchimp's unlimited free period that grows with the list size. Send times seem to be a bit longer than Mailchimp at times, and the UI can be a bit more laggy and have more frequent down-times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Considering the competitors, there really isn't a silver bullet that Constant Contact provides over the rest, but it's a solid product at a competitive price. Not the greatest when your just trying out a new or small email list and want to play around for a few months since the trial is limited.

Constant Contact solves generally all the same email marketing problems that other providers do, although it's had more time to mature compared to Mailchimp so the feature set is larger. Some of our clients prefer to use Constant Contact given it's been around for longer and is perceived as the industry standard for larger corporations. No additional benefits in actuality have been realized.

Constant Contact review by Gail T.
Gail T.

"Constant Contact not my fave"

What do you like best?

Replication works well. Changing items in the library works well, even after message sent. Figuring that out the first time was difficult.

That login is saved in computer so login is easier.

What do you dislike?

Cost. Can't create own email appearance, only choose from their designs. Not enough free art. That most recent upload isn't automatically at the top for linking in email message. I tie to a PDF e-newsmagazine. Wish I could take out some of the air in the facing email that has the link to the PDF.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Investigate all products to find the one that will reach the most of your potential subscribers. Many ISPs automatically block Constant Contact emails.

Be systematic in naming your messages so they stay chronological. Be systematic in naming your images so you can sort them.

Communicating with many; ISPs are so restricted. Having similarity in message appearance for branding. Having single place that email addresses are held to facilitate message distribution.

Constant Contact review by Lorie M.
Lorie M.

"We love using it but sometimes it doesn't love us."

What do you like best?

We have used Constant Contact for about 10 years now. The support staff has been great whenever we've had issues (which isn't very often). The database is easy to use and to add our own unique fields. The email software (which is what we typically use) offers many options for design, lots of fonts and colors. It's very easy to upload graphics, photos and documents, and linking is simple.

What do you dislike?

While it is easy to use, sometimes the fonts and sizes change between when I type them and when I save the block. Also, the new "software" doesn't seem as intuitive as the old setup.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out first. While we love it, it may not be for everyone.

Getting news of events, emergencies, water issues, etc., to our members is of utmost importance. CC helps us do that.

Constant Contact review by Abigail H.
Abigail H.

"Consistently ... Constant Contact"

What do you like best?

Constant Contact recently went through a user interface upgrade, which is a huge improvement over its old integration. The "Campaigns" page keeps all of your campaigns neatly in one place, and shows click and open rates right in one screen. You can also now quickly archive newsletters when, in the past, that was not an option.

Constant Contact is robust and has a nice event registration integration. You can sell tickets to an event or workshop right from Constant Contact, so it is also easy to manage mailing lists. The reporting function is also a nice visual and allows you to see what is performing, and what is underperforming.

What do you dislike?

Constant Contact is a robust platform for email marketing. They are also one of the oldest email marketing platforms, and it often shows. In a word: buggy. For example, the autosave options can malfunction, which means you can lose content. Downloading your invoices can also be clunky, and it takes many clicks to print one invoice. Removing formatting to reformat text from another program (such as Google Docs, Pages, or Microsoft word) also frequently malfunctions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Explore your options. Constant Contact has been in the business for awhile and chugs along, doing its job. However, newer companies have popped up in the last two or three years that may offer your company more features and a newer UI.

Constant Contact allows me to send out mass emails to a lot of constituents in a short amount of time. I am able to send information quickly and with low bounce rates.

Constant Contact review by Sierra W.
Sierra W.

"Great for companies with no marketers"

What do you like best?

It allows emails that look more customized for events, occasions, etc, without the work.

What do you dislike?

For me as a marketer, I wish it was more customizable. My biggest problem is when I want to use it to market something and I can't do what I want to. It's for this reason that I use several different email automation systems for different purposes. But, like I said, for a small business that may not have a marketer, I think it would be very beneficial.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a small start up company, particularly one without a marketing team, I would suggest Constant Contact above any of the other automation systems I have used. They have pre-made templates for most occasions, and are fairly customizable. As you grow and want an email that looks more specific to your company, I would suggest another automation system either as an addition, or to replace Constant Contact.

Honestly, for me personally, I only use it for generic emails because the others I want to customize more.

Constant Contact review by Amanda H.
Amanda H.

"Best Product for the Use Case"

What do you like best?

I have used Constant Contact on a weekly basis for nearly 10 years, and the best selling point to me is the ease of use. It is quite simple to enter information, edit and sent out six emails a week for my various school buildings in addition to around 4-5 special information emails each month. The interface makes sense, works well and makes my tasks easy. As well, I feel that the customer service is fantastic. They quickly solve any issue that pops up, and they help with issues caused by my users to themselves such as deleting their accounts and then trying to readd.

What do you dislike?

In the decade, I have used the product, I have found that some days there are "wonky" issues every now and again. Such as, despite formatting being stripped before adding text, it still reads that formatting and messes up the text I have entered by refusing to remove bold, deleting lines, etc. Generally, this issue is very limited these days.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sign up for their free trial. You'll see the great product they have to use, and the way the make it easier for their users. As well, the customer service is top-notch.

I use this product as a main communication source for families and community members in my school district. It allows me to send out detailed e-newsletters each week if I choose, but it also allows for quick and easy emergency messages. Both can be done with ease resulting in more transparency for my district and our families.

Constant Contact review by Neal M.
Neal M.

"Difficult to build an email list. "

What do you like best?

I like the templates and ease of creating a nice, professional product to email out for announcements. The emails have a very professional look and feel to them. The emails are fast and easy to create. There are plenty of how to videos to teach you the tricks to building a great advertisement. I also love the feature that allows you to track who opens the email and when.

What do you dislike?

They are too strict on their policy for distribution lists. I pulled emails from the GREC lists where ALL real estate agents go to get contact info, and because I had some people unsubscribe, Constant Contact unsubscribed 98% of my list. I also do not like the fact that I receive Constant Contact emails from several people and companies that I do not know and in most cases, have never even heard of, but they are not being blocked the same way we were.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be careful whose emails you put in your contacts. If too many people unsubscribe, Constant Contact will lock your account down and you will not be able to send emails. You will however, continue to be billed for the service. I recommend you use their link to have contacts sign up for your email list. It is easy to create and send, but it is hard to get people to sign up for email newsletters. People simply get too much email already.

None currently! We are currently using another program for this marketing, but may be switching back to constant contact in the future due to how much easier it is to use.

Constant Contact review by Brenda T.
Brenda T.

"Overall, Constant Contact is easy to use and has some great functionality for email marketing & more"

What do you like best?

Constant Contact is easy to use for those who are new the the platform, yet allows some higher-level customization for those who are more experienced/with more skill. I like the one-click unsubscribe feature and that it keeps track of that for me so I don't accidentally send mail to someone who has opted out.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the templates don't allow enough flexibility, and moving around the different parts -- especially for the event registration platform -- can be complex and clunky. I also would like it to more easily track who has registered for an event and who has not, so that I can automatically send a reminder invitation to those who have not yet responded (vs. having to figure it out myself manually, create new lists, etc.) -- that is VERY inconvenient.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you only need to use the product for a portion of a year, you can put your account "on hold" -- and for a very small monthly fee, they will keep all of your data, templates, etc., in place and allow you to resume full service when ready; you can move back and forth between these account statuses -- great way to not waste money! (Note: you need to call customer support to change account status)

Constant Contact provides a vehicle for us to help our clients get the word out to larger numbers of contacts that (hopefully) is not seen as spam by ISPs and other email filters. Visually pleasing and mobile-friendly emails are easy to create for non-programmers -- which provides convenience and cost savings. We can manage accounts and mailings/events for our clients, which allows us to provide added value to our clients -- we provide a needed service and a reasonable cost (vs. programmers, etc.) and save them time, so they can focus on what they do for a living vs. figuring out email platforms, etc.

Constant Contact review by Kyle M.
Kyle M.

"Me Likey- overall great"

What do you like best?

I love the easy user interface. Beginners will have no problem jumping right in. Also like that the way constant contact formats the emails makes them mobile friendly. They also have a nice chat feature for when you have issues or questions. The sign up feature they provide for embedding in your Wordpress website is amazing. It has saved so much time for us. Now we don't have to export sign up lists and upload them anymore.

What do you dislike?

Some of the templates don't edit well. When you choose a template sometimes they don't let you delete portions that aren't relevant to you. Other than that, I don't have much negative to say about Constant Contact.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a pricey option for email marketing, but it won't let you down. They have everything you need and amazing support services. They also offer many free learning opportunities that you can take advantage of.

We are solving the disconnect between our org and our supporters. This helps us stay in touch with them.

Constant Contact review by Christine A.
Christine A.

"Very versatile for those looking to make beautiful emails with ease"

What do you like best?

Really like the variety of templates that come pre-built with the platform. As a developer, I'm used to building out custom templates, but I was shocked to see how easy it was to choose one with a similar look. Then edit it with more/less modules, upload and resize photos, and give custom padding around particular sections. The desktop/mobile testing is also very useful when trying to quick test what the email looks like before sending it out.

What do you dislike?

- Wish there was a way to do vertical center alignment with sections that have text and an image.

- Changing the widths of certain sections that are next to each other sometimes doesn't work (or takes multiple trys)

- Wish there was a undo button

- Would be nice to save variations of the designs that you make

Looking to make templates quickly for people to use to emails. The base templates and modules make it easy for me to quickly create different variations to send to others for feedback

Constant Contact review by Davielle B.
Davielle B.

"Best overall client contact that is easy to use"

What do you like best?

I love the overall idea of being able to customize your invite/meeting/advertising for a quick design without using a design program.

What do you dislike?

The only dislike I have found is the file upload size. As a graphic designer, I will create borders or background designs that fit with the event. However, I am constantly having to go back and save down the file size. The main issue with this is after I upload the jpg, it appears pixilated when it was saved at a high web quality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend everyone to use it! It is wonderful. It will help you store all of your contacts and ensure they are reading your emails. It will help you keep track of your subscribers and also allow them to unsubscribe. You are able to create items for future use and store them or set a date of when you would like Constant Contact to send it out. Their monthly costs are low and affordable. I would love to see constant contact start creating engaging copy for subscribers to use. Also, getting compliance approval for those companies who need it for any pre-written copy would be great too. Regardless of who is using constant contact, and for what purpose, I believe anyone who uses it will find it very useful.

Getting the word out about my employer for events, speakers, informational seminar is super easy! I love how it keeps track of major details for marketing. (ie. tracking of emails, who opens emails, who clicks on the links, etc.)

Constant Contact review by Carmen R.
Carmen R.

"Better for small companies"

What do you like best?

The software is simple to use, it also provides you with useful analytics and shows you how you measure up to industry average.

What do you dislike?

As a marketer, I prefer a program that is more flexible. I wish it was more 'customizable'. I am unable to do what I want with the layout which can get frustrating. It is basically a more expensive Mail Chimp...

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a small business that needs to set up a newsletter program I suggest using this software. If you are a larger company that can afford software that is more flexible, do not purchase constant contact. It really all comes down to what your company needs are.

We just need to send out promotions/coupons to customers. It is quick and easy to use. We also have plans to utilize the survey feature in hopes to gain some more valuable feedback

Constant Contact review by Kelsey M.
Kelsey M.

"Easy To Use, But Graphics/Look Has Early 2000s Vibe"

What do you like best?

It is very simple to use! The navigation is simple :) It really couldn't be any easier for a first-time user to figure out. A kid could definitely use it without any guidance (provided that they can read). I really enjoy using it, so that's a plus. I also love that you can view how many emails were opened , even who opened them and what they clicked on! As a marketing person, that's the greatest gift ever. Real data you can see, use and understand. Sadly, not all marketing products offer that. But Constant Contact does! And they do it well.

What do you dislike?

Most of the templates end up looking sort of outdated. I describe it as "an early 2000s vibe." They could really use a face-lift to make them more attractive. That's honestly the only thing I don't like about it. Everything else is super great! Wish they'd adapted a more Mailchimp-esque look for all of their products. I think they would crush the competition if they changed up the look a bit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want very sleek, sophisticated-looking email campaigns, try another service.

It is easy to track data and see what customers are responding to. It 's a great solution for our team members who don't have any experience with online marketing - it empowers them to effectively reach out and communicate to our customers effectively. That's one of the best things about it! It's also great a storing our contacts - which change frequently.

Constant Contact review by Paige M.
Paige M.

"Helpful tool for mass mailings"

What do you like best?

Constant Contact is a great tool for sending out emails to a large number of people. Constant contact is user friendly, allows many options for customizing your emails by using pictures, adding your company logo, and linking webpages allowing to easily direct contacts to your webpage.

What do you dislike?

I do wish there was a feature to create the email blast to look more individualized to each contact. Ideally, it would be nice to be able to greet someone by name while sending a mass mailing (like mail merge). I've noticed mail merge not working on my updated windows, so constant contact is a great option. However, I wish there were some features from mail merge that transferred to constant contact.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you would like a personal touch to your emails, by adding names to individual emails sent out in mass quantities, I am unsure if this is completely possible. However, with such great quality support, I'm sure someone from constant contact could help figure this out.

We do email blasts to a large number of contacts (3000+) This allows to send many emails by clicking one button, and the process takes no time at all, it is very quick and painless. This allows also for you to link websites to pictures in the email blast so that if a reader clicks the picture it directs them quickly to your webpage.

Constant Contact review by Megan J.
Megan J.

"Recent Updates Make Constant Contact a Clear Winner in Email Marketing"

What do you like best?

The latest updates to how to create an email, the templates available and the ease of creation are amazing. I am extremely impressed with the emails we have put out through Constant Contact since this changed.

What do you dislike?

The storing and accessing of contacts could use a few efficiency improvements. We work with 8-10 different contact groups per month and it would be nice to be able to separate them in a more organized fashion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compare diligently against other options available and you will certainly find that Constant Contact exceeds their abilities and helps you create exceptional emails you are happy to send to your customers.

We are solving all of our email marketing problems. Instead of having each sale rep send out individual emails, we are able to customize the same email for all the reps and send it out with their personal contact information to their specific contacts.

Constant Contact review by Rahath A.
Rahath A.

"It gets the job done"

What do you like best?

Constant Contact is a good tool to send out emails to a large number of recipients. It is also relatively easy to manage lists and import contacts from existing platforms.

What do you dislike?

Designing in Constant Contact can be a bit tricky. I have had to jump through many hoops to get custom templates coded for my account (while being charged an additional fee). You don't have complete freedom to upload your own HTML - you can only edit it in some places. Overall, the interface is not as user/designer friendly as other platforms I've used.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would asses your business needs and how much design support you have on hand. If your biggest pain is list management, then I would consider Constant Contact.

Constant Contact provides basic email marketing solutions. You can send out mass marketing emails that reach a wide audience with minimal effort.

Constant Contact review by Rebekah W.
Rebekah W.

"Good Experience Overall"

What do you like best?

The automation/drip feature is nice. It made it easy to keep in touch with new clients and old by creating campaigns that automatically sent them 5-7 emails over a period of weeks or months.

What do you dislike?

The UI could be much better. It's hard to manage lists and everything about the interface is just unattractive and bulky from an aesthetics standpoint.

Recommendations to others considering the product

CC works well, but the UI leaves much to be desired. If you prefer function over form, it's definitely a great choice. If you're a design buff, you might want to look elsewhere.

I used Constant Contact daily during my time with Anytime Fitness. It allowed us to easily keep track of members at all 22 of our clubs and send out mass email blasts to all 10,000 members when needed. It also integrated nicely with Tradable Bits, our CRM.

Constant Contact review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"We've had some fallbacks, but this is definitely the best option out there. "

What do you like best?

Constant contact is great for merging duplicate contacts, updating your address book, giving a reliable open rate and thorough reports, and allowing you to segment large email lists.

What do you dislike?

When uploading additional contacts, CC wants to see how they actively subscribed. This can be problematic when uploading an older email list (i.e. you may just have a spreadsheet of The List and they want to see more evidence). Additionally, it is a little pricey compared to competitors such as MailChimp. It would be great to be able to export email campaigns as HTML.Be extremely careful when importing contacts. Constant Contact wants to see how they actively subscribed. Sometimes it is hard to prove this when you have entered information for people you have an established relationship with, or if they verbally requested to be added. Constant Contact wants to actually see the (paper) sign-up sheet. This is unachievable for businesses/groups that have been around long enough to have established an email list based on personal relationships or when importing business cards.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As I said before, be careful when importing new contacts.

I use CC to to manage our large contact database and to send out email updates. It is great for segmenting our list -- from general interest to communications to fundraising. The automated features are great, especially that it will not allow the same email to appear in the same inbox twice. It also merges duplicate contacts. We use it across the entire organization.

Constant Contact review by Abby R.
Abby R.

"So easy to use!"

What do you like best?

I like that this keeps me so organized and i can now keep all of my client information in one place. Very easy to navigate and learn how to use too!

What do you dislike?

I honestly have not had any complaints about this resource. It is easy to use, easy to navigate and allows me to do everything i need to do to keep my contacts organized and up to date.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a software that keeps all of your client information in one place and is easy to maintain I highly recommend Constant Contact. It is so easy to use!

I am now able to keep all of my client information up to date and all in 1 place which is great because I used to have all of these different spreadsheets and I could never keep up. Making updates to an email is very easy!

Constant Contact review by Serena W.
Serena W.

"Better than other products on the market!"

What do you like best?

The user-friendly interface. It is easy to use and not glitchy when it comes to basic edits and design. Also, Constant Content has great user reports and summaries.

What do you dislike?

Constant Contact is a very basic system when it comes to newsletters. It is not very customization at the basic level when it comes to design. You can upgrade to a subscription or pay for a personalized template, but edits are pretty simplistic, especially for those who are experienced with design programs. You need to be very cautious with constantly saving your draft - there isn't a very effective autosave feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great system for all basic newsletter needs. A great starting point for any communications leaders.

Staying in touch with our church members. It is also great to have integration with Church Community Builder for the mailing list.

Constant Contact review by Sara P.
Sara P.

"Good to better!"

What do you like best?

Constant Contact has gotten better over time. Their website has gotten more user friendly in the last year or so. I like the templates they offer for email marketing. The previews of both HTML and text versions are fantastic, and the system prompt reminders are useful.

What do you dislike?

The contact management interface leaves something to be desired. Dealing with bounces and unsubscribes is cumbersome and having to drill into each contact on a new webpage for a simple typo/update is not ideal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Constant Contact to a larger company with a smaller email list. The contact management can be cumbersome, and best left to a dedicated marketing person with time to consider each action. It's easy to send an email from anywhere, which is great, because inspiration can strike at any time.

I can send an email from anywhere, which is useful since I am using Constant Contact for a public trade show, and need to be able to work onsite. I love that my contacts and previous emails/used templates are always available.

Constant Contact review by Casey S.
Casey S.

"Awesome Program to get the word out about my upcoming events."

What do you like best?

We hold a lot of workshops for our consumer base. Constant Contact has been great for storing email lists and sending out mass announcements for our workshops. I used to have to send out emails for events one-by-one, which can get tiresome when you have a couple hundred emails in your list. This makes it easy to store emails in lists and then send the entire list a single email.

What do you dislike?

I haven't yet found anything that I dislike too much. The design features could be a bit better, it feels a bit 90's-ish like it hasn't updated its style over time. Being a marketing company, when we send out our invites to our events we want them to look awesome and eye-catching, and the invites for ConstantContact aren't quite there yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Watch some videos to teach you how to use it effectively. It took me some time to learn how to effectively use it, and so watching some videos would probably make that easier. The design part of it when trying to design your event landing page can be a bit tricky.

We have found it is much easier to track our sign-ups for our workshops using Constant Contact. We send out the mass emails with the invites and Constant Contact does all the tracking for us. We can see who has signed up, who has declined the invite, and more. Seeing all of this from one dashboard is really useful and makes it easier than going and counting one-by-one.

Constant Contact review by Laura M.
Laura M.

"Does the job"

What do you like best?

I will say there most recent update has defiantly simplified and modernized the user interface. There are a variety of choices when picking a template. Once you build and customize your desired template it makes quick work of composing an email and duplicating content and design elements.

What do you dislike?

I feel like I find myself frustrated more often than not with changes not saving, images not uploading properly, text not displaying properly in preview or other errors that cause me to spend more time than necessary fixing bugs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure you identify your needs and be sure that Constant Contact meets all of those need. This includes your list management. This is one obstacle that I encountered is making sure it works well with our database.

Constant contact allows me to manage and send multiple email campaigns. It helps me identify bad/bounced emails and track users open and click rates. It is very helpful in fine tuning what audiences want by reviewing analytics.

Constant Contact review by Christy O.
Christy O.

"Love constant contact"

What do you like best?

Love the ability to customize the emails. I like how we can reach such a bigger audience and send to so many people. We cant do that in any form of communication. But constant contact really helps us be able to send to a lot of people. Something else that I love about the program is that they send us people who unsubscribe from our email list and this is helpful because we can get rid of those contacts to improve being able to send our content out to the right people.

What do you dislike?

There is really nothing that I dislike about Constant Contact. All the resources that we have are really helpful!! Maybe one thing that I would like to see improve is having more free images and more layouts that are a little more general. It seems like a lot of the layouts is very specific to topics, and sometimes it is nice to have layouts that are just really general so that we can send out a more general layout.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say that if you need to reach a lot of people it's important to use Constant Contact because you can reach plenty of people and you can really personalize the email to reach the certain type of customer that you want. And for us to have a theme of soccer is really nice as well.

Reaching a larger audience is a big thing that constant contact helps me with. I also really like that I am able to customize so many different things on the email. That is a huge benefit for me to have this at my work. A big problem that I have noticed be fixed is having the option to make my own type of background. This is helpful for me at my job because since I work at a soccer place it's nice to be able to make a theme of soccer that I can use to get to reach my specific target audience.

Constant Contact review by Candice B.
Candice B.

"Easy to Use Email Newsletters"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to put together a user-friendly and eye-catching email newsletter. It's quite easy to throw together an email at last minute, or to schedule emails months in advance. It's also easy to upload any new contacts from our database into the Constant Contact list.

I like that I can save a template, or copy a previous email and make the necessary changes instead of creating a new email from scratch each time. I like that there are mobile-friendly templates, and I like that you can see when and from where people are opening the emails. I like that I can see how each individual email measures up to our average opens and clicks.

What do you dislike?

The extra step needed to save each individual text or image block before editing another block is frustrating. I would love to have the option to more easily switch between blocks and save the email as a whole. The inability to change colors on certain items (section headlines) is also frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Run through the tutorials, but it is fairly easy to use.

We are solving the problem of reaching out to customers. Since beginning to send emails weekly, we have noticed an increase in foot traffic at gallery openings and events. Guests have commented that the weekly emails keep them more in touch with what is happening at our organization. Fellow staff members have remarked that the weekly emails make it seem like we have more events that we actually do, which is good.

Constant Contact review by Randolph R.
Randolph R.

"An email campaign service that does everything acceptably but doesn't impress"

What do you like best?

Constant Contact has a really good set of metrics to maintain your analytics and give you a view of how to improve open rates. It handles contact lists very well too.

What do you dislike?

The email creator is very limited as far as design goes and it's a little unwieldy. You can't schedule more than one campaign at a time. There is no separate function to save out templates so you have to use existing emails as templates. Poor UI.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend for anyone looking to regularly set up large email blasts, to use MailChimp or Campaign Monitor unless you are going to be putting out very basic emails to one or two email lists on a regular but infrequent basis.

Constant contact allows email campaigns to be targeted to collected lists. It has a modest but well rounded set of analytics. The email creator allows for quick creation of visually strong emails as well.

Constant Contact review by Derek R.
Derek R.

"Now Manages More Than Email Campaigns"

What do you like best?

Flexible management of subscribers, new event management module, integrations, always improving for the online/mobile experience.

What do you dislike?

Not much not to like except maybe the somewhat clunky look to the management site and some of the additional features aren't included in your subscription package.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Whether you're just starting out or are a seasoned marketer, Constant Contact offers a one-stop-shop for managing online communications as well as event planning. It offers a strong support network as well as live and online training. Pretty good value for money--scaled according to how many contacts you have.

One-and-Done management of donors and segmented lists--it integrates with our donor management system so relevant updates in one are updated in the other. I can't say enough good about this feature alone. Saves time and the occasional embarrasment of acting on conflicting donor information.

Constant Contact review by Danielle N.
Danielle N.

"Useful, but could be better"

What do you like best?

I love how user friendly constant contact is. It is easy to build emails and it is fairly quick.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was room for more customization. All the formats look fairly similar, and it is difficult to change. I would like to be able to edit pictures within the email, but all pictures imported need to be edited, prior to being in constant contact. It would also be ideal if constant contact would include more themes. All the themes are very visually similar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great program and it is extremely easy to learn. Customer service is awesome, and they genuinely care about each customer.

Advertising is great through constant contact. We get so many people interested in our business through this program. It is so easy to send emails.

Constant Contact review by Tara F.
Tara F.

"I enjoy using constant contact because it is easy to use and effective. "

What do you like best?

I like how I can make separate email lists to categorize the current or potential clients that I am sending to, depending on what industry they are in. I also like how I can analyze all of the data from the open rate to the click rate to the deleted emails.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how it is sometimes hard to use the formatting techniques on the software, especially when trying to change things in an old template.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think that if you are going to use Constant Contact it is a helpful tool to reach your customers as well as try to reach potential clients. I would recommend training yourself first before sending an email with it because there is some confusing things to learn.

From using Constant Contact, we have been able to reach many more of our potential clients as well as send out daily newsletters to our current clients easily and effectively. We have gotten a lot of hits and responses to our newsletters and informational emails which in turn improves our customer retention as well as gains us new clients.

Constant Contact review by Ekaterina C.
Ekaterina C.

"Smart and Intuitive to address your marketing needs"

What do you like best?

Constant Contact is a powerful tool that makes the marketing job to be done in much easier way. The software allows you to maintain massive distribution lists in very simple and straightforward manner. In addition, it has a simple layout and ease-of-use functionality. It definitely helps the company to easily communicate with its customers and share the latest trends, insights and more by creating a specific content - graphics, images, news, etc.

What do you dislike?

Perhaps, the software responsiveness is little slow but I am not sure if it is because of the company;'s network or not. I would also like to see more reporting features within the software. Other than that, I am fully satisfied with the offered features that this marketing tool has.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will find this tool easy to use and straightforward.

Communicate with the customers about the company's trends, changes, news, and so on. You can set-up the communication groups in a way you want; and the software will pick up changes to contact lists during file imports.

Constant Contact review by Tianna R.
Tianna R.

"Easy Communication and Feedback"

What do you like best?

I like that it is easy to copy and send forms to a predetermined audience consistently. This makes it extremely easy to send out weekly e-newsletters to members. Easily copying past newsletters keeps our marketing consistent as well.

What do you dislike?

Exporting data is not always easy and when i try to Ctrl F to find people who have had emails bounce from us it doesn't always show all the options. When looking through bounced emails i am unable to copy the name down, i need to write it int he excel file.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend constant contact to anyone who is hoping to improve their level of communication and consistency to customers or members. It is a great time saving tool that is easy to use and navigate.

With Constant Contact we are solving the problem of consistent marketing to members through e-newsletters. We are also solving the problem of surveys for our yearly Business Excellence Awards. We have realised the benefit in the time constant contact saves.

Constant Contact review by Katie S.
Katie S.

"Easy to use for internal and external communication "

What do you like best?

The ability to choose from a variety of options when sending out a new campaign communication is very nice. I use constant contact for press releases, general internal email blasts, external email blasts, event invitations and the event sign ups for online registration and check-in. The keeps my contacts all in one place with ability to tag contacts and narrow a list down even farther when communicating something customized.

What do you dislike?

I do not like inability to search for past campaigns. Recently a calendar virw has been added but if you simply want to search by campaign name you cannot. I also find it challenging to have to reload certain lists when we have hit our max contacts without being notified that we have reached our max. Thankfully there are ways to get those lists back but it take several steps to do so.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use and works great for large and small companies.

I appreciate the ability to customize an email for a group of people. Being able to import my list and then go through and tag specific items to those contacts is easy to do. For implementing the customized name and other specifics for the contact allows me to send multiple emails out with a few personal touches.

Constant Contact review by Susan D.
Susan D.

"Constant Contact is Getting Easier To Use"

What do you like best?

I do an entire newsletter on Constant Contact, also email appeals multiple times a year, and event promotions. Now that I understand more about its editing fields, it goes faster, and I can do more with it. It integrates with my purchase url's for tickets, and works seamlessly with my donor software. I love it that I can insert links in images, that I can copy and modify campaigns, keeping the branded elements, and it has a generous library of images I can upload.

What do you dislike?

I may have to do multiple versions of a piece, and every time I save it, the contact email (where reports on opens are sent) defaults back to the first email in the list. So every time I have to re-set that to the right email for the reporting. This is annoying, but not a deal breaker.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recently I had to get help from support, and they were quick to reply (wit 48 hrs). It still is a product that takes some learning to master, not really "plug and play", but it meets my needs and is affordable.

We're saving time and money on mailings, we now use regular printed and postal mail less, we have also grown our email list exponentially. I like being able to see which campaigns were opened most, who is not opening my emails, and segmenting mailings by list.

Constant Contact review by Robert S.
Robert S.

"Robust Email Campaign Management Tool"

What do you like best?

The way Constant Contact organizes info across a wide range of email lists, campaign types and so on make it one of the most effective ways for a business to manage dozens or even hundreds of email marketing efforts.

What do you dislike?

Some of the tutorial content and user guides are not very useful. There is a learning curve compared to some of the more simplified email tools out there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that you or someone in your company is familiar with email best practices, especially since ICANN requirements have tightened in recent years. As long as you already have some savvy with the process, Constant Contact will make email marketing as smooth as it can get at your business.

It is very easy to keep email lists active, meaning unsubs and bogus email addresses are pointed out to help save time. We focus much closer on valid, reliable leads instead of wasting time and money sending newsletters, promos and other emails to useless addresses.

Constant Contact is great for a growing business. I have helped deploy this product for restaurants, real estate brokers, tax and accounting services, and health and wellness centers. It is very robust and can be tailored for use to meet the needs of a business of any size, from one or two entrepreneurs just getting their start to a large corporation with a full email marketing team to oversee its use and gather analytics.

Constant Contact review by Matt E.
Matt E.

"Can be great for the right person"

What do you like best?

Constant Contact is great if you don't care what your email newsletter looks like or need a bunch of automation. If all you need is to send a newsletter to a bunch of people, this is the tool for you.

What do you dislike?

Constant Contact is a bear to customize and doesn't offer many of the automation features of competitors. This is by design, but most people who make the recommendation to use Constant Contact don't understand that and often confuse people who need more than what CC offers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If all you need is a tool to send a mass email and you don't want to do a lot of work customizing the template or content, this is the tool for you.

It is only good for sending a newsletter to a list.

Constant Contact review by Cecilia S.
Cecilia S.

"Easy and pretty email templates"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to use and how great the emails look in your inbox. It is also pretty self explanatory how to add in your database and target certain lists. It is an easy drag and drop platform that lets you customize the email exactly how you want it to look using images, buttons, etc.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how the platform would occasionally make my graphics poor quality once I uploaded them into Constant Contact. I also dislike (but understand) how the constant contact logo must be present on the email unless paying to remove it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's definitely an aesthetically pleasing platform with great templates and is super easy to use. There are a ton of email marketing tools out there, so I would look at the needs of your business and compare that to the many email marketing platforms. There are some that are free that could suffice.

I use constant contact working with realtors, so I use it to keep in contact with their previous and potential clients. Because real estate is such a personal business, it was important for the realtors to stay in contact with their databases and let them know that they are still thinking about them. We have realized that this makes the clients feel important and makes them more likely to reach back out to the realtor.

Constant Contact review by Sukanya M.
Sukanya M.

"An Easy way to market your business"

What do you like best?

Easy to design emails, good customer support and different varieties of templates make it more enjoyable experience

What do you dislike?

From the price point, it is high for the small organizations compared to its competitors. We don't have access to the original code of the templates to make changes which can be helpful some times. No free inbox preview is available like other services which is a major drawback according to me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is user-friendly, good customer support but missing some advanced feature if we see the price point. Anyone who is new to email marketing can use this service to get a first-hand experience.

It helped to gain the customers and donors' point of view regarding our fundraising event. We can send out the survey through this which really helped us select right path for the future. It helped to get distribute the different exciting and informative news to our donors and parents.

Constant Contact review by Chuck R.
Chuck R.

"How Constant Contact Builds My Business and My Customer's As Well"

What do you like best?

Having used Constant Contact for my own business over the last 10 years and with customers over that same amount of time has been one of the best decisions made. The overall design of the tools built within Constant Contact has been improved, added to, and well developed by their development teams and vision of listening to customers and partners with the company. The accelerated increase this past year with a greater number of Integrated cloud-based applications to share and analyze data is becoming a vital component of all businesses large and small to better manage and market their brands.

What do you dislike?

In the past not having the necessary tools within Constant Contact or through marvelous third-party integration applications was holding back the full capabilities the market was demanding. That is greatly changing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Though there are other alternatives in the Email Marketing niche and some offer low-end options to have a system that is free the difference in what you gain is worth taking a look at Constant Contact. I have found that the investment of the two Constant Contact offerings that start at $20/month (Email Basic) and $45/month (Email Plus) when fully reviewed provides a wonderful return on investments that far outweigh what can happen with the other choices. Plus, the intuitive way the design of each designated purpose of Email Design, Drag and Drop Email Tool, Segmentation with more options than you have ever thought about, increasing personalization of the email content, direct publishing of Social Media notices regarding the latest Email Campaign sent out, and so much more easier to learn and to work with for long periods of time.

The key business problems that Constant Contact has and is ever growing includes:

1) Building surveys/polls to send to customers within two weeks after a project is finished to gain vital feedback on the good and the bad areas that the information can help an owner or manager make better decisions on improving or highlighting the areas shared by the customers.

2) Having the ability to use autoresponders to increase the experiences of the customer on any interest they have with sharing their email address to permit out business to address them directly about those interests.

3) The building of strong segmentation lists that not only are created by how prospects and customers interact with the email campaigns that they get. The segmentation lists can be built with all the conditional rules created to handle Integration events such as Shopify user interests that can be automatically programmed to add new or update existing contacts in Constant Contact.

4) Being able to manage even your social media accounts right within Constant Contact, schedule the postings, and even have your email campaigns get posted as you schedule those as well. Plus, now being able to manage Facebook Ads utilizing the designs we can do in Constant Contact provide excellent promotional visuals that get results.

Constant Contact review by Nick L.
Nick L.

"A great E-mail Marketing Service."

What do you like best?

Very easy to create e-mail campaigns and has excellent reporting features. Mobile compatibility is fantastic. And the contact management is very efficient. Very easy to upload existing e-mail contact lists.

What do you dislike?

Inability to remove the 'Constant Contact' logo from the bottom of emails. Also, the HTML editor is not offered to new accounts apparently. This is most likely to maintain mobile compatibility, but some simple elements are not editable without the HTML editor. It'd be nice to have more editing options. Another gripe, would be that their 'spam' threshold is a bit low. I believe it's about 3% which means if 3 out of 100 recipients flag your email as 'spam', you account is at risk of being banned. Not a big deal but a little annoying since it's not an accurate sample.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great reporting tools and has an easy e-mail builder tool. My only complaints is that they've made it more difficult to edit the HTML/CSS of email campaigns which can make customization harder.

Newsletter marketing is the most effecting form of social media. We are easily able to boost sales with every newsletter we send out.

Constant Contact review by Carlos Aogusto M.
Carlos Aogusto M.

"The best system to develop email marketing campaigns."

What do you like best?

I really like using Constant Contact, its interface is very intuitive which makes it much easier to use compared to other similar systems.

Constant contact has pre-designed templates that can be adapted to any business idea, this makes it much easier to create campaigns with an elegant and attractive visual style.

Organizing our contacts is very easy, we can segment them into different lists, we can also increase the number of contacts by integrating forms through our website and social networks

What do you dislike?

I think they could incorporate a search field that allows easily find campaigns that we have developed some time ago, currently only has paging buttons.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Constant Contact is a great marketing tool, it is very powerful and efficient, it also has a good reputation as it is used by large companies, we must use it properly, we must be careful with bounce rates and refine our lists of contacts.

A business level is a very efficient tool for any business, it has helped me a lot to promote products and services, thus achieving to increase my sales and the traffic of users to my website and social networks.

Constant Contact review by Alberto D.
Alberto D.

"Overall not a bad product"

What do you like best?

It's relatively easy to use and their name is very familiar. When people receive an email with Constant Contact information at the bottom, I feel they are more likely to trust you and if they aren't interested, are more comfortable about unsubscribing versus blocking or marking you as spam. As a result, I suspect that aids in my overall reputation as a vendor and so, of course, that's not a bad thing. I am also sure they have additional features I am not taking advantage of.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be a bit too limiting. You want to move something, insert something, etc, and if it doesn't match their tool, you can't do it. They way they manage e-mail addresses can be a bit cumbersome and I think they could have some better tools for reporting and then for conducting follow-up campaigns. They also just raised their prices and I was none too happy about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Overall it is a good entry-level product if that's what you are looking for. Eventually, my guess is that you will graduate to something better. I'm almost there.

Simply trying to reach customers and prospects. So far that seems to be working out well. I also like that they integrate with my current CRM and so being able to use my CRM for reporting and then for follow-up campaigns if very beneficial. Had that not been the case I suspect I would have used something else that was integrated instead.

Constant Contact review by Andrew V.
Andrew V.

"Constant Contact"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the ease of use and the way that it tracks not only open rates but click rates as well. It is also nice that the program can also track events that are being promoted through email and other avenues. You can even print off a list of those attending.

What do you dislike?

It would be better if it also had a way to be a complete CRM with better database management. In my experience, the program is great for email events but it does not have complete functionality that I would like in a total CRM package.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Constant Contact is a great program that can grow with your business. When you grow your database and add users the program can very easily accommodate that growth.

I use CC for my email platform when I need to market that way and send out my e-newsletter. Because the program tracks open and click rates it has helped me to fine tune my email marketing efforts.

Constant Contact review by Erica M.
Erica M.

"Good if you're just starting marketing automation "

What do you like best?

Constant contact is extremely easy to use - it's perfect for someone who is just getting started with marketing automation and really just wants to focus on sending emails and tracking their success based on deliverability, clicks, opens, etc. I also liked that this platform is only $15/month if you have less than 500 subscribers. It's very affordable and user-friendly.

What do you dislike?

The interface doesn't have great designs and they need to figure out a way to allow people to copy and paste without bringing in background code, etc. I found myself wasting a lot of time making sure the fonts and colors were actually how they appeared in Constant Contact verses the screen. I think it would be helpful to have a better list segmenting tool where you can build smarter lists for better target marketing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking to dive deeper into marketing automation and you're willing to spend more money, I would recommend using Marketo or HubSpot. If you're a smaller company looking to send and track emails and grow your list, Constant Contact is probably a fine fit and very cost conscious.

The biggest problem I solved with Constant Contact was saving time on emails and creating one, cohesive brand for clients (once I fixed the design within Constant Contact). Constant Contact allows you to schedule in advance and automate your emails and lets you track the success by measuring engagement/lack of engagement.

Constant Contact review by Tiffany H.
Tiffany H.

"Constant Contact in Real Estate"

What do you like best?

They provide awesome stats like for click and open rates. Help us learn what interests people the most to make changes for the better. Also, Awesomely user-friendly when entering and organizing contacts.

What do you dislike?

The interface to create emails is a bit clunky, an inexperienced user will have frustrations. Lots of trial and error when getting your projects to look exactly how you want them. Luckily, you can send as many drafts to yourself as you'd like but this can be very time-consuming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is no way to hyper link imagery. It would incredibly helpful to have the pictures link to the respective listing pages on the web (in the case of Real Estate). You can only hyperlink text. Very limiting.

I also would recommend a proper update when using copy and paste functions. If you copy and paste from anywhere the background HTML code will translate along with whatever you paste. This sometimes creates HUGE PROBLEMS with double spacing, incorrect or unintended fonts, overall symmetry, etc.

I wouldn't say we're dealing with "problems". We use this as a weekly campaign for our local network. Our clients like what we've created using the program but there is nothing problem solving specific.

Constant Contact review by Emily Rose S.
Emily Rose S.

"Constant Contact, Perfect for Email Marketing Needs, with some minor caveats"

What do you like best?

I like that I can customize all of the templates to work with what I'm creating. The drag-and-drop functionality is simple, and while the program is highly basic, it gets the job done. List management is very easy, and the statistics surrounding recipient interaction are very helpful too.

What do you dislike?

I wish that there was a 3-column option. I also wish that I could insert tables and have more control over the text formatting, as well as more font options. I've used quite a few gif's to get a "moving picture" to play within the body of the email. I'm not super happy with the limited video functionality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend uploading a PNG or JPG of any specialized text treatments you would like due to the limited text box functionality.

We send out weekly e-blasts to our ticket buyers. We also send out a variety of targeted emails related to our education department and donor events. This tool allows us to reach a broad audience and track how many clicks per e-blast. We also keep track of how many tickets we sell following each show-related email as well.

Constant Contact review by Samantha B.
Samantha B.

"Using CC in a NonProfit Setting"

What do you like best?

SO simple and easy to use, especially with the new templates! The drag and drop features make creating emails easy, and I love the simplicity of resizing images in the new templates as well.

What do you dislike?

CC does have some limitations - one small feature that I would love to see is the support of emojis in subject lines. We also have not found a very efficient way to resubscribe users who have unsubscribed - we have nearly 20K contacts, so having to go in and manually resubscribe each unsubscribed user is VERY time-consuming because we have to reach out to each individual and get permission to resubscribe the.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great program for beginners and more experienced professionals! Simple to use and understand, especially with the new templates. Very affordable too, which makes it a great option for nonprofits or organizations with small budgets. CC is making positive updates (like contact segmenting) and I look forward to seeing what new developments are coming in the future.

It provides a quick and easy way to make visually appealing emails to send out to our membership that people actually WANT to read.

Constant Contact review by Ashley N.
Ashley N.

"Constant Contact is a great resource for those looking for easy to use templates & scheduling."

What do you like best?

I really like using Constant Contact for clients who are looking to take over the process of their email marketing after I've done the initial set up. It's easy to use and it also allows for easy tracking of performance: ie - tracking send to open ratios, who clicks on your embedded links, etc. A lot of clients who don't have time for extensive email marketing campaigns appreciate that I'm able to set up a few aesthetically pleasing templates for them to use in the future and there's little to no effort needed to maintain them.

What do you dislike?

For some select clients, I believe that Constant Contact is the perfect tool, especially if they're willing to pay the monthly subscription cost to stay active on the platform. However, for those that are looking for more diverse campaigns and creative control over their emails through coding (like e-commerce sites) - or even for those that are looking for a free email subscription method, I would suggest MailChimp instead.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Constant Contact is an excellent service to consider using for email marketing purposes. The one thing to keep in mind, is that there is a monthly/yearly cost to using this service, however it's pretty reasonable and the ease of use and built in analytics is worth the cost, in my opinion.

I'm able to use Constant Contact to set my clients up with an easy to use platform that allows them to track, build, and manage their email marketing lists with customizable template options. The website has made the process of email marketing easy, effortless, and trackable which has made a lot of my clients feel confident about their marketing strategy.

Constant Contact review by Evelyn M.
Evelyn M.

"A solid email and marketing platform"

What do you like best?

I like how easy Constant Contact is to use. We signed up within minutes with an affordable plan. The instructions for setting things up are relatively clear. I feel like this platform is no fuss and intended for people who don't have much technical knowledge. The emails are usually sent with problems.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how the Constant Contact branding is present in the emails. Also, I wish that we would be able to customize the sign up forms more precisely. I like the email templates, but it is difficult to move certain parts around. The design structures are a bit rigid.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd recommend Constant Contact to those that want a quick and easy email and contacts solution. Constant Contact is a company that's been around for a while, so you can generally trust that they'll handle email processing and signups according to current legal policies.

I have been able to acquire new leads in an automated fashion through email signup forms on our website and landing pages. It's like a marketing team that works around the clock. We can use email templates to quickly setup and send out emails that are within email and spam regulations.

Constant Contact review by Becky K.
Becky K.

"Gets the job done, some things are inefficient"

What do you like best?

I love their customer service. If you get stuck on something, you can chat with them and they'll get into your account to help you.

What do you dislike?

You have to use their "blocks" and sometimes the ones you choose, aren't really the best for what you want to do. Sometimes I want a photo to be as wide as the e-mail, but I chose the wrong block, so it won't work. That's a bit frustrating. Also, there seem to be too many steps for uploading a photo.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Practice a lot! Play around with the different blocks to see what sort of formatting each one has. If you don't like something, remove the whole block rather than trying to edit within it. And since you're paying for it, chat up the customer service people when you have trouble. They'll walk you through how to do something/fix something. Or sometimes they'll just fix it for you (with code).

Customer outreach. Marketing products to customers. Benefits are more brand awareness.

Constant Contact review by Athens M.
Athens M.

"easy to use, easy to administer, easy to get results"

What do you like best?

The offer lots of tutorials for training, but in the end this is a easy to use product. You can prepay ahead, and essentially pay for what you use in the number of users and emails sent. The templates get you started fairly quickly and easy. I really do use their free stock image gallery, that's the best part in helping me with my enewsletters.

What do you dislike?

The social promotions are limited to Twitter and Facebook. It's not the easy to drag and drop products or images in emails.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would really take advantage of their free stock image gallery. it really helps your marketing promotions to have real images and they have a wide variety, easily to navigate with search option. I also would encourage that you make sure your mobile users are getting a nice edition of your online market materia l by creating a mobile friendly piece of material

we are using CC to not only market our services to new customers but also to stay engaged with them via weekly newsletters.

Constant Contact review by User in Medical Devices
User in Medical Devices

"Easy to use, works very well from mobile devices"

What do you like best?

The easy of use to configure mail lists (drag and drop Excel files)

The system is intuitive to recognize the Excel fields

Ability to copy templates to produce new emails

The mobile application (for schedule email releases and check metrics) is super simple

The image gallery is great. I can use their server codes in other proprietary applications that need URL to upload pictures

What do you dislike?

The new layout that separate campaigns... still hard to get used to it

Limitations in templates, not as much as I would like to have (Business, classic ones)

The email layout is not full page width. I understand that it needs to fit in different devices but the "air" in desktops/laptops is too much

Mobile capabilities are limited: I cannot access the gallery of images or the contacts to edit them

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test the account and browse the templates and building tools.

Review the fonts available

Compare the time you take uploading the email lists

Determine your tags or keywords in advance

Make sure you provide guidance to other stakeholders that use the account to keep the data clean and without duplicates

Invitations to webinars

New price lists

New Software Improvements

Constant Contact review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

I like that you can easily copy previously sent email templates so I can use the same designs and just update the material. Uploading contacts to the platform is easy and not confusing because you can upload a list straight from an Excel doc. Previewing options are great too. For my organization, because we only reach out to roughly 1000 people, it's really helpful to see the open and click rates as well as seeing who is actively engaging with our communications.

What do you dislike?

Some of the design aspects, like designing new email templates, can be difficult at times. Perhaps this is a feature I have not discovered yet, but I think it would be great if a bounce back list of emails or unsubscribed emails could be automatically generated each time a new contact list is uploaded so that we can update our organization's records instead of going into the click rate details some time after the email is sent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a reasonably priced product. It gives you great quick stats as well as insight on who opened up the email, who clicked what link, etc, which is helpful when you are in a smaller organization and want to do targeted outreach in the future.

Communicating with our organization's members and seeing exactly who are interacting with our emails.

Constant Contact review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice

"Easy to use system for email marketing"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of creating a document for business purposes. I'm able to upload graphics and pictures to make the email campaign I'm sending out look exactly how I'd like it to look. The templates are easy to use. Also the prices are relatively good for what the program allows you to do with it. My favorite part is how easily it is to track if a client has opened and seen the email you have sent. The stats allow for a lot of good ROI reports. Also, the customer support is so great and quick in their response time with any problem you have.

What do you dislike?

A few more templates would be nice but not that big of a deal

Recommendations to others considering the product

They are cost efficent, easy to use and have great customer support!

We have saved so much money and time by using Constant Contact. We no longer mail invitations. We also are able to email large groups of clients and successfully get our company's message to them and confirm that they've seen it through the stats.

Constant Contact review by Jane E.
Jane E.

"User-friendly, organizes your mailing list"

What do you like best?

Constant contact is very user-friendly! it only took me a little while to get the hang of it. It's easy to send information to either the whole list, or to single out a small group of the population. Constant Contact also makes it easy to find duplicate names and correct them. I like the ease of use the best

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything offhand... I guess I'm disappointed that my current job does not use Constant Contact. I really found it very user-friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

try it for one project, then you won't know how you ever did without it.

my job was to send an e-newsletter for a non-profit, that matched volunteers with organizations who wanted them. The best problem solving done with Constant Contact, was that I could tailor my emails and information to certain segments of the population, such as those under 18, or those who indicated they wanted to work with animals or the environment, for example.

Constant Contact review by Adam B.
Adam B.

"Easy and Powerful"

What do you like best?

I really like how user friendly the email platform is. It is designed very well to navigate around and find where you need to be. The analytics is very easy to use and read as well. The email editor is very easy to use and has a lot of options to make the emails look beautiful.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that you can not use a purchased list for bulk emailing purposes. This makes it hard when I have customers that want to hire us to do their email marketing. A lot of the time they provide me with a list that they purchased from a vendor or they ask us to provide them with a list.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is by far the best email tool out there. Give it a try.

The email editor makes it super easy to create beautiful email newsletters. I am able to create a monthly newsletter in 30 minutes from scratch. If I need to save out a template because I like the overall layout I am able to do that as well which makes creating the next newsletter that much easier and faster.

Constant Contact review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

"High quality service!"

What do you like best?

I've found that Constant Contact is the best platform when emailing to customers and clients. It's by far more advanced them MailChimp in terms of features and allows you to create high-quality newsletters for a variety of audiences. I love you're allowed to customer each email and the process of designing is much easier than any other competing service. I prefer it for monthly newsletters because you are able to send test emails as much as you'd like and customize both the subject line and content.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how pricey it can be for small businesses but it isn't as bothersome as most tools because it has so many features to take advantage of!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're deciding Constant Contact versus another, this program offers more updated features and includes unlimited test emails unlike some of its competitors.

It's a major timesaver when sending to large groups of people. With one touch of a button you can easily send to a large audience to get a message across. It's especially helpful when updated your mailing list on important announcements, etc.

Constant Contact review by Maria W.
Maria W.

"So many options, but be ready to keep good practices yourself."

What do you like best?

Constant Contact is super user friendly, with lots of useful options at lower price points than some competitors. Designer is easy to use and list segmentation is straightforward.

What do you dislike?

In terms of the quality of data in segmented lists, there's no way to guarantee your lists come in right. It's easy to duplicate work, have lists that are Part Title Case and PART YELLING and that can look pretty bad to your readership.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get very clear on what you want out of your email marketing solution, and do data quality leg work before you upload anything. I promise, it's worth it! Once your data is imported, segment along lines that you can reach for specific reasons/solutions. The sky is the limit after that.

Constant Contact allows you to take a bunch of different data points, segment your readership accordingly, and then target your outreach. It's really user friendly which means the learning curve is short, so you can implement quickly.

Constant Contact review by User in Higher Education

"Constant Contact- Quick Customer Communication "

What do you like best?

I have used Constant Contact for years as a newsletter or quick customer communication platform. The feature I like best about Constant Contact is their recently updated mobile app. The Constant Contact mobile app helped me when I was on the other side of the country for a conference dealing with poor mobile signal and limited time, their app proved to be reliable.

What do you dislike?

The Constant Contact mobile app was not as reliable. Before recent updates to the mobile app, I experienced app crashes after 20-30 minutes of content creation. The crashes have since gone away although I am still waiting on the mobile app to allow document linking in an email, a useful feature available on the desktop version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Update mobile app frequently.

The Constant Contact service as a whole has been helpful in my weekly and monthly meeting schedule communications. So often schedules change, having access to Constant Contact on my mobile device allows for last minute meeting cancellations or metting time/subject changes.

Constant Contact review by Administrator

"Easy To Use & Great For Start-Up Businesses Looking to Maintain Contact and Communications!"

What do you like best?

Constant Contact is so easy to use. I love the ability to create distribution lists after creating my initial contact. This way, I can strategically market communications based on varying demographics. A great tool for start-up business owners looking to have a single-conduit to maintain communications (schedule or create on the fly is so easy)...

What do you dislike?

I wish the distribution groupings were more visible on the tool bar (it has a limit that I can see) --- I literally have to arrow down to what one I'm needing to look for outside of the initial viewable list. Also, if you could include a drop-down within each contact for quick access via the contact page, whenever someone completes an online poll or survey (this just makes it easy to get important information on a particular client or vendor all from your contact page).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Constant Contact is a great tool for those new to CRMs or contact management systems in general. You can keep up with your clients & vendors important information as well as create various communications, incentives as well as create polls and surveys to evaluate your clients satisfaction along the way. I great entry-tool to CRM world!

As a recent start-up business, I use my constant contact as a way to manage contacts as well as hot leads (I created separate distribution lists) --- this helps me to organize and prioritize what communications require my immediate time versus, items that can stand to wait. I appreciate the ability to create surveys and polls as well as viewing behind-the-scene data about the analytics behind a particular communication roll-out.

Constant Contact review by User in Computer Software

"Quick and Easy"

What do you like best?

It's an easy program to use. Good templates and when needed, support. When I joined the organization, I needed to put together a quick email to send to our database of 9000+ so naturally, I was a bit concerned there would be some issues but nope, very easy.

What do you dislike?

For what we were doing, it worked. I did have to manually input opt-outs into our CRM but there are plenty of integrations that should work with other organizations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are quite a few tools out there. I inherited this but found it to be very easy and it did the job for a small company. It's worth it to understand what you want and for what price. Pardot, HubSpot, Marketo all do this and more and for some, you'll need that "more" but for others, this is a great starting tool that you might keep forever.

Sending mass emails quickly and easily so the focus is on the content not the backend technology.

Constant Contact review by Brigitte G.
Brigitte G.

"Great email marketing tool rivaling Mailchimp "

What do you like best?

Constant Contact is very easy to work with. I currently use it in my position to send event communications, internal announcements as well as a company newsletter every month. It was very easy to create a template with their system and they provide good colors as well. Images are heavy in our content and CC allows you to upload images, size and position then however you like. Their system for uploading contacts and creating lists are also very easy. I typically create an excel sheet and upload it directly; CC is able to detect the fields right away and upload into the appropriate categories. CC also provides great reporting tools to help track your analytics and see how your content is reaching your audience.

What do you dislike?

On occasion, constant contact can seem as if it has a "mind of its own." Sometimes while i am in the middle of writing a piece for our newsletter, the text will completely disappear or align itself in a different position entirely. When this happens, i can't simply fix the error. I usually have to close the page and try opening a new one hoping it won't happen again. It seems to be a recent bug in their system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is an easy to use tool and provides you with basic to high level email marketing needs.

Overall, constant contact helps us send our message to large audiences. It is troublesome to think about sending individual emails to over 200 staff members. CC lets you customize your message, make it presentable, send it to any number of people you would like and ultimately show you reporting of how your message is being received. As someone who has used both mailchimp and constant contact, i prefer the latter.

Constant Contact review by Catherine S.
Catherine S.

"Clunky but works"

What do you like best?

The email templates have gotten way better in the past year. The customization is still somewhat lacking, but you can import HTML only to get what you're looking for.

What do you dislike?

Clunky, still feels like a product from five years ago. It's not super responsive when it comes to designing campaigns.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a look at mailchimp first. I really, really really think MailChimp blows the pants off of Constant Contact. You get much more for your money there. We're currently stuck using Constant Contact, and it makes inserting custom dynamic links much more painful.

We're using it to contact our donors digitally. It lets us communicate information without the cost of paper and stamps.

Constant Contact review by Megumi S.
Megumi S.

"Easy to use and works!"

What do you like best?

The template layout makes it simple and easy to create a good looking (and consistent) e-mail. They also have creative seasonal and occasional layouts to choose from as well, which can save time and money on design. Everything you need, such as open rates, etc., creating custom audience lists, or sending test e-mails is easy to understand and use. Overall, very user friendly!

What do you dislike?

While the template layout makes it easy to use, it can at times be a little frustrating if you have a very specific design you are trying to implement since you have to work within the template (if you don't want to dive too deep into coding the design, etc.) However, I have to say there isn't really anything I dislike!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to check out their templates and how they share reporting data before you decide to go all in! I personally am a fan, but if you have something very specific in mind this might not work for you.

My client had inconsistent e-newsletters going out, and often relied on word of mouth to promote special offers, etc. Constant Contact gave them an easy way to consistently talk to their customers, as well as keep them up to date on events and promotions.

Constant Contact review by Jamie C.
Jamie C.

"Solid email marketing for small businesses"

What do you like best?

Constant Contact provides effective and easy-to-manage email services at a relatively low cost for our business. We were able to sign up within a few minutes and had a good email ready to go within an hour. We're able to quickly add new contacts through their importing feature or have contacts automatically added through opt-in forms on our website.

What do you dislike?

There are limitations to how much we can customize the design of our emails and opt-in forms. We can edit our emails more than the opt-in forms, but getting the design exactly the way we want it to look can be challenging without advanced styling techniques. I dislike that there is Constant Contact branding in the emails. I feel that makes our emails look less professional.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If simplicity and reliability are priorities for your email marketing software, then Constant Contact is a great choice. However, if you want a service that has more automatons that can react to your contacts' actions, then you might was to consider customer relationship management (CRM) software with more advanced features.

We're able to set up quick and effective email campaigns to keep our customers and leads in the loop about company news and promotions. By allowing us to create separate email lists, we can send out emails that are more relevant to the recipients. Constant Contact has allowed us to have more conversions in our promotions.

Constant Contact review by Administrator

"Constant Contact Allows Easy Targeted Email Campaigns"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Constant Contact is the Calendar view of the email campaigns that you send out. It is great for a visual learner like myself. I am able to easily see how many emails I am sending out each day, in addition to which days of the week I am sending out emails. This features also aids in finding previous email campaigns since there is no search option within the campaigns organizer.

What do you dislike?

The thing that I dislike the most about Constant Contact is the lack of a search function within the campaigns. The ability to search past campaigns for keywords, titles etc. would be beneficial. I waste a lot of time within Constant Contact while searching for previous campaigns to either use as a reference point.

The business problems that I am able to solve with the use of Constant Contact is the ability to track contacts, and the times I have touched base with them. Constant Contact could enhance the contacts side of the interface to perform more like a CRM to enhance it's functionality.

Constant Contact review by Matthew B.
Matthew B.

"A simple tool for simple emails"

What do you like best?

The ease of setting up a new campaign. Constant Contact created a customized template as part of my package. Now I just copy, rename and off to the races. There are some useful tools to help customize your campaign which makes the process quick and easy. I can also schedule my email blasts to go out during the most effective times to reach more people.

What do you dislike?

There's no way to see how long someone viewed the email or stayed on the landing pages. This would be a great feature to add. Also, when adding text next to pictures, it's not possible to align these to each other. Making the view a little off. It would be great to be able to drag the text or picture box withing the template piece to align.

I know there are apps and add-ons for integrations, but wish I had the ability to link with Quick Base or at least Workato so I can tie into our CRM for more automation. The only items available are either trial based or have to purchased.

We are able to manage our email marketing at a very low cost with 100% ROI. The simplicity enables anyone, without much marketing skills, to send an effective piece that captures the audience. Having the ability to track who views and clicks, gives our sales team a focus on a smaller group rather than an entire population of data.

Constant Contact review by Katarina L.
Katarina L.

"Good, but could use more features"

What do you like best?

I like how easy-to-use Constant Contact is. The drag and drop features allow me to construct eblasts in under an hour!

What do you dislike?

I wish it had an image library of free stock photos to pick from. Also, I wish it had more customization options so that I have complete control over the look and feel of my eblasts. I wish there was more analytical and reporting options to help us understand what we could be doing to improve our email marketing campaigns.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can also look into MailChimp, however, Constant Contact has a customer service phone number that is extremely helpful.

I am able to send clean and catchy eblasts to my newsletter subscribers! It's also really great for me to able to do

Constant Contact review by Riehle N.
Riehle N.

"Email Blast with Real Analytics"

What do you like best?

The analytics... I like being able to look at your open ratio and click ratio. I also like the ability to send with a different email address (I can create an email blast and send it out as though it was sent from our GM). The email design/template portion is okay, I would like some additional features though.

What do you dislike?

How you can ONLY use images within the size of 560 in width. I understand it makes it mobile friendly however, having the option for any size would be nice. Sometimes we have flyers, etc. that I have to redesign just so the image will fit and is sometimes not an effective use of time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best Email Blast solution I have used.

Receiving analytics on the effectiveness of our email blasts. Being able to see our click throughs really helps. We are an automotive dealership, so when we email blast specials and incentives, its nice to see the click through rate.

"So Easy to Use! "

What do you like best?

I have used Constant Contact for 4-5 years now! It is very simple to use (for someone that is not as technologically savvy as others ;) )! You simply drag and drop pictures where you want them, add critical information and let Constant Contact do the rest!

What do you dislike?

Importing new email addresses is very confusing and disorganized

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend for professional emails

We really like that it notifies us who has requested to opt out of our emails. We have even had our own reps opt out of emails so it reminds us to touch base with them to ensure that they are still representing our products. Additionally, we are very product and video based for most items. This allows us to create direct links for our customers to access our goods. We also used it a lot to introduce our new web page a few years ago. We also think they well composed messages draw more attention that other ones we have tried!

Constant Contact review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Easy to use and a good centralized place to keep an address book"

What do you like best?

The newlsetters are infinitely customizable and the site walks you through the process whether or not you are familiar with marketing/communication like this.

What do you dislike?

The backend can create some issues. My organization likes to copy and then edit previous newsletters and this has turned out to be a good way to get glitches. Copying is a very simple tool in Constant Contact, so it would be nice if it just worked seamlessly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start off with a mobile-friendly template. It will save so much time and energy if you don't need to transfer your existing look to a new template. (And you'll avoid extra charges.)

This is a more effective way of keeping in touch with our community, rather than sending direct emails all the time. We send one newsletter out weekly at a designated time and this has resulted in a more informed group that doesn't view our communication as unpredictable or spam.

Constant Contact review by User

"Easy to use, pretty simple integration"

What do you like best?

Constant Contact makes it easy to integrate new databases worth of contacts into the system and then pick and choose who and when to send the emails. I have found they are easy to integrate GIF's and videos into which are more appealing to most people and bump up the emails to a new level.

What do you dislike?

The stock layouts are not super fancy but you can easily create something that at least gets your point across. That being said, it is easy to design elsewhere and upload it as an image into the email layout and get the same point across.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try it really is a great product! If you have had experience using other mail automation apps before you will find this easy but if you are new to it, take the time to learn it in full.

We prefer to use Constant Contact over mail chimp for the easier platform and database organization being simpler to send to. Ever since we made the switch to Constant Contact from Mail Chimp I have not looked back so MC may have changed some features but we are utilizing Constant Contact to the full extent on a tri-weekly basis and are happy.

Constant Contact review by User

"Constant Contact feedback"

What do you like best?

I love that the website is so user friendly, it is easy to navigate and find what you are looking for, from design to who you are emailing. The fact that you can copy campaigns and edit to adjust as needed is a huge benefit for my company.

You can convert pdf's to images which is amazing

What do you dislike?

I wish you could search for a campaign title, we have to search through alot of old emails to find a specific one i am looking for from the past.

Recommendations to others considering the product

this is a great way to reach out to your constituents, members, customers etc.

I like that i can see how many people open the emails, how many bounce back, unsubscribe etc. This has helped my team determine what to send out and market based on our audience that is engaging in what we send out.

Constant Contact review by Margurette (Maggie) A.
Margurette (Maggie) A.

"Great for Simple Email, But Not for Sophisticated Campaigns"

What do you like best?

The user interface is pretty simple and easy to master in just a sitting. You can navigate in and out of your campaigns and upload contacts fairly easily and quickly, even if you aren't an email marketing pro. They also offer decent email analytics for the price of the software. Just don't get too deep into; otherwise it turns into a manual process.

What do you dislike?

More often times than not, Constant Contact loses the changes made to an email campaign. Or it doesn't like the item you're trying to add (like a photo) and stalls out. Usually when creating emails - you have to save every second for fear you'll lose your work or that if you've made a change it might not be right and then it's impossible to get back to what you had. The formatting is so wonky that you could have something the right font in one section, but wrong in the next even though it's part of the same module. The templates for use are pretty basic and don't offer much variation either. Overall - there are more sophisticated email software available, but Constant Contact is good for super beginner level. I do think they're trying to improve the product, but it might be too little too late.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd definitely do your research and consider trials from similar email providers.

Outreach to clients and customers is why and how we use constant contact. We've been able to share more detailed messages and news through email via constant contact.

Constant Contact review by Luis P.
Luis P.

"Very good service "

What do you like best?

I