Constant Contact

Constant Contact

69 6.2 / 10
Request a Demo
More than 500,000 small businesses, nonprofits, and associations worldwide rely on Constant Contact to help create and grow customer relationships.

Constant Contact Reviews (69)

• I love that Constant Contact has become a real all in one solution for modern web communication. It's not just email anymore -- through Constant Contact, you can even... Read More
    0 jbmxxpwp4iltzq4nx 2hxarg4f  vqmnxlshxrmffo6pegm9ltypekd39tty9tzspkutibbfr86h
    Kristin H.
  • Constant Contact has a very friendly UI, making it a snap for anyone to log in and create a visually stimulating email. The drag and drop functionality is easy to use... Read More
    0 toanqyl4d5bh pmk3jhwqp6v7q ziphkiyldqptkk 6epz0rd43ssyzethtb8rdy8j1eruxdow c
    Casey S.
    Administrator in Publishing
Validated Review

Constant contact is tacky, unproffessional and cheap

What do you like best?

They do what they are supposed to do. Send emails. Nothing more nothing less.

What do you dislike?

You get assigned an account representative. That is the only one who will assist you. If said person is busy on the phone, or at lunch you need to wait. I ended up using Google to solve many of my problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I was not happy. Though my account representative was a lovely girl named Kaligh O. Pitty that she wasnt in management,

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

After I started my own business, I was delighted to see that Constant Contact had a 60 day trial for free. That was perfect for me. I had used them in the past as the manager of my previous company, and this would allow me to build my contact list without having to worry about justifying another monthly bill while I scratched and clawed for business leads. I was happy for a few weeks. I sent out occasional emails and eventually compiled got 21 contacts. That was until this morning. I got a call from a Jack or Matt from Constant contact. He said that I was manipulating my trial because I was exceeding the max of sending to 10 contacts. I had not realized that I was not allowed to copy emails and resend them to others. Now like I said, I wasn't sending to hundreds of contacts. I sent this particular email to 17. He threatened to block my account. I was very befuddled. I have come to expect this service from my bank, or struggling small businesses. Not from legit companies like Amazon....

Validated Review

Worst Experience Ever! Do not use!

What do you like best?

I have used them for 4 years now. I only send out quarterly newsletters - so you have to pay every month regardless of your usage, or you have to cancel and re-open your account every single time because they charge your credit card automatically. You can't cancel on-line, they give you the option, but in the end - you must call in and speak to someone and verbally ask to put it on hold until next time. Then you are unable to get into your account until you pay again.

What do you dislike?

I called in March to cancel my subscription, apparently it didn't get cancelled. When I went to re-open my account I found out I have been charged this entire time and haven't use the product. Because I was unable to tell them the name of the person I was dealing with at the time, they advised it didn't happen and will do nothing about it. They basically accused me of lying, even though they could see that it is a pattern that I constantly do every year, and I haven't used it since January. Constant Contact refused to help in any way. They were very willing to sacrifice ALL of my future business for 5 months of payments they already received in their pocket. (not smart business practices). They also make it very difficult to change around your opt in/out clients. If someone opted out and you contact them to find out why and they said it was an accident, they can't be put back in.

This company is a total hassle to deal with in everyway. I know there are better out there,...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Find a better solution. They are only interested in your money and not in providing a good experience.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

Email marketing. There are better companies out there, with better policies and willingness to help you. Constant Contact is just out to grab your money and go. They claim to have customer service, but don't be fooled.

Updated On

Cancellation policy is lousy. Events are not flexible enough.

What do you like best?

We only have used it so members can register for our events. It's fairly easy to set up the event.

What do you dislike?

While is is fairly easy to register for events, it's very difficult or impossible to edit records of those who have registered for the event. You can't edit the items they added or add additional attendees. You also can't send a request for payment for any edits. In addition items can't be dependent on what type of attendee signed up (member or non member).

It's also difficult to use the registration information. We end up having to export it to excel and do a lot of manipulation so we can generate name tags that include name, what meal they purchased for lunch, and any additional items.

Cancellation is a pain. You have to call (ridiculous in today's age) and that doesn't always work. We were charged for several additional months before we noticed it even though we didn't have any active events at all.

There is no mechanism to allow uploading of a membership list so that you can ensure only members sign up for events at the discounted price.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to get confirmation of cancellation and dispute the credit card charges if they don't actually cancel it.

If you have more than simple registration requirements for events, you may need to consider a different solution.

Registration for events.

Validated Review

I've been using Constant Contact for years and use it for many of my clients as well.

What do you like best?

When it works, I like everything about it. In fact, I very actively recommend it to many clients.

What do you dislike?

When it doesn't work or - more often - when it goes slow at approx 3pm GMT - it's an absolute pain. And I am getting fed up trying to defend it to my clients and - indeed - to myself.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

It just does not work. It freezes. And when I sign off and try and sign on again at approx 3 - 4pm GMT I am either wasting my time, locked out, or it hangs ever 10 seconds, I guess this is because I am trying to run a business on the other side of the pond and CC is primarily a US provider for US-based people and firms.

At Least, that's the only way I can explain it. Otherwise, how can a really great Rolls Royce system perform so downright badly in mid-afternoon GMT - every afternoon!

Is it because you just have too many users for your existing system and in the valleys you are very good and in the peaks you just don't appear to function?

User in Apparel & Fashion - Constant Contact Review Author
Validated Review

Deceptive Business Practices - Don't use for businesses!

What do you like best?

Templates but other than that nothing. ..

What do you dislike?

They will not email to other businesses and do not tell you, their client, or the subscriber. Subscribed us to services we did not ask for and over billed us almost $200 and REFUSED a refund even though we did not use or even access the service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Find another service.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

Currently, I am solving the problem by finding another service. Not only have they subscribed me for services I did not ask for and over billed us almost $200 and refused a refund then though we did not use the service - they have proven to not be upfront and honest about their business.

I was told the reason they don't email to businesses is because there could be multiple people viewing the email such as a group email address and no way for them to monetize this. Yet, this is not something a client can know; it is not something they tell subscribers when they sign up for mailing lists and it is not something they tell you when you purchase their service.

Tags

* We monitor all Constant Contact reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Would you like to receive more information about Constant Contact?