Want to see who topped the 2019 Best Software Awards?

3.9
(2,952 reviews)

Constant Contact introduced the first email marketing tool for small businesses, nonprofits, and associations in 1998. Today, the company helps hundreds of thousands of customers worldwide find marketing success through the only all-in-one online marketing platform for small organizations.

Work for Constant Contact?

Learning about Constant Contact?

Constant Contact Reviews

Showing 3,013 Constant Contact reviews
Constant Contact review by Robbin L.
Robbin L.

"Making small potatoes look like a big tasty russet"

What do you like best?

Constant contact is easy for the technically challenged. Great way to get started in the world of marketing. Beautiful, easy to use templates and great customer service. You can make a start-up look like a seasoned professional! I have used this for several years and it just keeps getting better. I especially like the addition of mobile templates.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally there will be a glitch that knocks me off and I have to get back in. I wish there were not so many additional charges for Mobile site, events and library.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great way to step into the world of marketing if you are a beginner. Very easy.

We are a small non-profit with limited resources and no paid staff. Yet, I just had another non-profit compliment us by saying they hoped they could someday afford the slick ads we run. I also had someone with advertising and marketing experience tell me she really like the way we market ourselves. I have ZERO professional experience! We really like registration software for events. Easy to share everything on Facebook and other social media sites.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Constant Contact
Constant Contact review by Samuel J.
Samuel J.

"Tool for basic e-mail marketing"

What do you like best?

What I like the most about CC are the various types of campaigns or activities you can create and manage (events, e-mail campaigns, surveys etc.).

The support folks are also helpful when you have a question or issue.

I think the value for the price probably makes sense.

What do you dislike?

Lack of flexibility with the design tools, especially with the new user interface (you can't edit in HTML anymore).

"Improvements" made in one area will not necessarily reflect into another. E.g. better interface in e-mail campaign, but if you create an event, it's still the old look and feel.

The statistics could be better presented and more detailed.

Easier tools to test campaigns (A/B testing statistics, time of the day, day of the week)

The E-mail builder in WYSIWYG is a bit unstable and copy/pasting stuff from other program will mess with the design. In the earlier version it was possible to access the HTML editor, but with the new UI, we can't and I think it was great a advantage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to go with this, please know that when building an e-mail campaign you should type the text directly in Constant Contact of copy/paste from a text editor such as Word pad. Copy/pasting from anywhere else will mess with the HTML behind the editor and you won't understand why because you don't have access to it in the most recent updates.

Leads and prospects nurturing

Keep in touch with business partners

Communications with customers

What Email Marketing solution do you use?

Constant Contact review by Josef C.
Josef C.

"Heroic Bulk Emailer"

What do you like best?

Constant Contact is the leader in the spam-safe bulk email market for a reason. Their product is solidly positioned insofar as they provide plenty of elegant, usable templates, their Contact management is spot-on, and they make getting campaigns out the door dead-easy.

What do you dislike?

I wish their free-level product was more competitive to MailChimp. As a web developer steering reluctant clients to mass-mail services for the first time, I face a lot of resistance from business owners who opt for the MailChimp free option over Constant Contact, even though CTCT offers tighter integrations on the backend that would make it easier for me to integrate in the long run.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Constant Contact offers lots of integrations with a wide variety of other software packages ... so many, in fact, that it is possible to choose the wrong integration provider. Make sure you do your homework on any third-party service offering to integrate your Constant Contact mailing lists with user/account data from another vendor. Responsive customer support is key in ironing out integration wrinkles.

I have integrated CTCT with ConnectWise Manage to allow our company to send out timely mass-emails for customer alerts and announcements with minimal effort.

Constant Contact review by Eryn M.
Eryn M.

"Great product"

What do you like best?

Constant Contact makes it easy to message our clients, regardless of the audience. It's easy to segment and even do A/B testing. You can use their templates or create your own easily. We have an in-house design team, so we typically create our own artwork, but I've also used their pre-built templates and been pleased. I also like the tracking functionality. It makes it easy to see our open and click-through rate.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes you just want to send an email to one person, but you have to go through the process to add them to a list, making the task much longer than you'd like. Other than that, I find it to be a very good product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product, but I recommend reviewing all email marketing options. They all have their pros and cons, though Constant Contact is quite good.

Constant Contact allows us to manage RSVPs through its easy response.

Constant Contact review by Oleanny M.
Oleanny M.

"It is perfect to promote a product or service through email."

What do you like best?

It is a widely recognized service worldwide, so the emails that are sent are legitimate and do not reach the spam folder. It has an excellent customer service and has solved all the problems I have presented. It has multiple options to import contacts and has a great variety of templates that are very easy to configure.

What do you dislike?

The only counter that I see to this software is its high price with respect to its competitors in the market but in return they offer 60 days of free trial. But it is really worth paying for this software given the large number of benefits it offers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have had very good experiences with this software. It is very easy to create email marketing campaigns to promote products and services. Despite its high price, it pays to pay for this excellent platform. The technical support could not be better.

In my company we are dedicated to the realization of web pages, web-based information systems, sales of electronic items and tourism. Constant Contact has been essential when promoting our products and services, obtaining great results in the flow of customers and sales gains. The results obtained have been very satisfactory. I really recommend it.

Constant Contact review by WVU F.
WVU F.

"Simple, but could be improved "

What do you like best?

I like that in Constant Contact it's easy to find campaigns and you can add a lot of content without it feeling like it's overwhelmed. The overall format of the software itself is navigable, which means that I can see what I want to do without having to jump through a bunch of online hoops to find my next step. Everything is out in the open making work related projects much easier and more efficient in terms of how my time is used.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how when you copy and paste some of the formatting never works properly. For example when you copy and paste something from Word, it does not translate well in the campaign section. This makes it much harder for me to spend less time in the software (which is what I ultimately want - to save time doing more of my own job).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Constant Contact is a good starting place. It's the only one I have ever using consistently, so I would recommend it for beginners who need email serves.

We are solving email chain and newsletter issues by using Constant Contact. We have realized that by sending out a newsletter through Constant Contact, we can reach more people's needs than in just one email for each event we host at the Chamber of Commerce. It becomes easier to get information out in a quicker, more efficient process. Although the Chamber of Commerce is not a business, we are always looking to improve our methods and practices, and Constant Contact has helped organize our emails list serves in that way.

Constant Contact review by Taylor S.
Taylor S.

"Good email automation platform"

What do you like best?

I like that constant contact makes it easy to send emails and schedule them. They have basic layouts for you if you don't have a graphic designer, or you can input your own email designs and go from there. Plus, scheduling them is super easy as well.

What do you dislike?

We make our own email templates and turn them into images to input into the email. However, whenever we do that we have to compress it a bit so the picture isn't as clear of a quality as we would like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Constant contact lets you list contacts under several lists. I like that because all our lists are very segmented. However, sometimes a contact is covered under two lists so we can contact them regarding both.

Brand recognition. Constant contact helps us keep up our recognition. We have been able to consistently hit different target markets using email so we don't overload on specific market.

Constant Contact review by June J.
June J.

"Constantly Promote your brand with Constant Contact"

What do you like best?

The name says it best. Constant Contact facilitates you constantly promoting your brand with contact with your current and prospective clients. As a consultant, the metrics and reports allow us to show our clients the success of their email campaigns and how they can improve processes.

What do you dislike?

I really don't have any dislikes with the software now that I am familiar with the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Constant Contact is one of the keys to success for your business. If you are looking to stay in contact with your clients with a professional image, Constant Contact is your go-to tool. If you are not the creative type, their templates provide the marketing department for your business. For organizations, the ability to send out email blasts to your members is great. You are able to monitor your member engagement and follow-up if necessary. It's great watching who opens your email, how quickly they open the document, and determine the best way to engage your members via mobile/desktop. As a consultant, I am able to recommend strategies for my clients based on how their members engage.

Brand recognition - the ability to present a professional message to my customer base. The benefit is that it keeps our name top of mind with our customers.

Constant Contact review by Sonia Del Valle U.
Sonia Del Valle U.

"Great system to send email marketing campaigns ..!"

What do you like best?

Constant Contact is great, this system allows us to create very effective email marketing campaigns to increase sales and reach many potential customers.

Its interface is very nice and intuitive, which allows us to quickly learn to use this system. Creating a campaign is very easy because the system has a great variety of templates and we can choose the one that best suits our idea and edit it easily.

I like the simplicity with which we can segment our contacts, constant constact allows us to create different lists of contacts that we can easily select for sending email marketing campaigns.

We can incorporate different files, images, audios, videos and animations to our campaigns, this system allows us to upload different types of files and use them when we need it.

Constant contact has a very good reputation and is used by many companies, we can also integrate features with other systems like, wordpress, shopify, facebook, google among others ..!

Constant contact also allows us to perform analyzes on our sent campaigns and verify the percentages of clicks made, bounces, openings etc. this helps us to constantly improve our shipping strategy.

What do you dislike?

This system is great and I do not have much to say against, I just wish they could improve the search filter of email campaigns made previously, and include a search field that allows you to find campaigns related to the phrase name included in that field of search.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a very effective tool to promote any type of product, company, project or idea. The investment will depend on our number of contacts, which is why I believe it is suitable for small, medium and large companies.

This system has helped me to promote the company where I work, we have been able to reach many customers and increase our number of contacts and increase our sales.

Constant Contact review by Lucy D. S.
Lucy D. S.

"Excellent platform to start your email marketing campaigns."

What do you like best?

It has hundreds of customizable templates very easily. This allows you to save money on designers. You can have the option of templates with high quality photos paying an extra low price. You can create answering machines and configure your delivery depending on certain established rules. It is a widely used service verified worldwide that allows your emails do not enter the spam tray.

What do you dislike?

It has a very high price. The support for the user is a little deficient, they should improve the response time or improve the knowledge base with the most common problems of the users with their answers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended this software. Despite its high price is a worthwhile tool for the simplicity of its use. Excellent.

In my opinion it is a service that every entrepreneurial company should have, since it helps to create advertising campaigns through email marketing. You can have a list of subscribers to keep them updated on the products or advances of your company. It is very useful your statistics system to see the acceptance of your customers.

Constant Contact review by Patricia T.
Patricia T.

"Excellent email marketing platform"

What do you like best?

It has incredible tools, an immense amount of high quality templates and a large storage capacity to be able to include a long list of subscribers by email. The free trial is the best because it has more than 60 days of fully functional use. You can get additional high-quality photos with $ 5 per month, a price that is too low to have a bank of images at your disposal, so it's worth paying for it. Allows you to configure the emails and schedule your output to your liking and whenever you want. You can easily import your list of emails from Excel, Gmail, Outlook, etc. The system notifies you of user cancellations and emails that are invalid.

What do you dislike?

The price is expensive but its excellent system makes it worth paying for it. It has no app for mobile devices. The user interface is not very nice, it should be improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I love this platform. 100% recommended.

It is ideal for all medium-sized businesses that can afford the price for the service. It is a complete solution for email marketing that also has a large community of users who can provide us with any information about the use of this system.

Constant Contact review by Karina Sofia C.
Karina Sofia C.

"Great to develop emial marketing campaigns."

What do you like best?

It is one of the best systems to create email marketing campaigns, we can choose between many templates with different designs that we can edit to create our campaign with a great style.

Segmenting contacts is very easy, we can organize different lists according to our criteria and select them when we need to send the campaign.

Your multimedia manager works very well, we can have a large variety of stored images and use them in any of the campaigns that we create, we can also measure the effectiveness of each shipment we make since the system has metrics that help analyze the results, we can see the percentages of opening, clicks and rebounds.

What do you dislike?

I like this system a lot, maybe it's a bit expensive, but I think it's worth the investment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great tool for any company, it is easy to use and excellent to promote products, services and companies in general through email marketing.

Constant Contact has helped my company to make sales and reach much more customers, it is an excellent tool for any type of company, regardless of its size.

Constant Contact review by Joel M.
Joel M.

"Constant Contact Has Made Some Major Improvements"

What do you like best?

I really like their event registration integration. I think that it is a good system for keeping all of your contacts that register for an event organize. I appreciate that you can edit the individual registrations within constant contact rather than having to export to a spreadsheet.

What do you dislike?

I don't really like their email builder. They have definitely made some major improvements however I still think it needs improvement when it comes to dropping in files.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend it, we switched to mailchimp at one point because of their email layouts and ease of use. However, with Constant Contact's new changes they have kept up with mailchimp. I think they have a more professional feel than Mailchimp.

We are solving our communication to both our congregation members as well as those that register for our sports events.

Constant Contact review by Kyle W.
Kyle W.

"Happy Customer"

What do you like best?

Extremely easy to create and upload contacts for an email blast with simple widgets that can be customized more if need be. Very simple to add a list of contacts and customize into different groups. Also like how they have an agency plan which helps deal with multiple clients in one account.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how it's complicated to export into HTML template. Maybe it's possible? I just don't know how?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a look at all of the CRM services before deciding. Each offers a little bit of variation in what features they are best at as well as pricing scales. Constant Contact seems to be the best for a business situation and in my case - Commercial Real Estate.

We are able to reach all of our customers through an email blast. It creates an endless opportunity of leads and helps to stay in front of clients with a limited window of time.

Constant Contact review by Allie P.
Allie P.

"Excellent Customer Service & Easy Format"

What do you like best?

I like that I can design an entire email layout with simply tools and in a quick time frame. I like being able to schedule posts to go out and to have the emails automatically resend if the person does not open it after a period of time. I like the media and link storage available as well so I don't have to re-enter or upload items repeatedly.

What do you dislike?

I would like some improvements on the reporting side, but that's just out of pure laziness on my part.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the support team; they have helped me come up with solutions to issues regarding layout aesthetic I've wanted to achieve along with functionality.

We send out weekly emails to our clients about travel deals to promote a variety of products. We also notify clients of changes within the company and of special events rsvp tracking.

Constant Contact review by Enio G.
Enio G.

"Ideal to automate your email marketing campaigns"

What do you like best?

It has hundreds of templates to not waste time when doing your campaign, there are of all topics. It allows to store a long list of subscribers and its use is really simple. The dashboard is extremely simple and functional, no unnecessary buttons that occupy so much space. It is very customizable especially if you have knowledge of HTML. It has an excellent systems of statistics and reports in real time.

What do you dislike?

It lacks an android application, and in my opinion it's a big counter since not all the time I'm in the office and I need to do email campaigns at any time, so an android app would be great. The price is really high compared to its competitors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Contant Contact is a great way to stay in touch with your subscribers. Its email marketing platform offers an excellent interface, hundreds of high-quality templates and a learning center with many resources. It's so easy that you do not have to be reading extensive guides or watching long tutorials, the interface is very intuitive that you will master from the beginning. Constant Contact is an excellent option if you have a company dedicated to digital marketing or if you own a large products and subscribers store.

My company is focused on digital marketing, we provide online advertising and marketing services and Contact Constant is the perfect tool for us. The statistics allow us to know how is the acceptance by our subscribers and helps us make business decisions correctly and efficiently.

Constant Contact review by Andrew T.
Andrew T.

"Constant Contact Email Blasts"

What do you like best?

The ease of creating an email blast with simple widgets that can be customized more if need be. Also very strait forward on how to add contacts, and lists of contacts to the database. I like how they have an agency plan which helps deal with multiple clients in one account.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the entire email blasts cannot be exported to HTML from a simple in menu command.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a look at all of the email vendors around before deciding. Each offers a little bit of variation in what features they are best at. Constant Contact seems to be the best for a business situation. They do a great job with working with advertising agencies that may have many clients all in one Constant Contact account.

We are able to reach all of our customers through an email blast. Once a month we create a unique blog on our website and send an email blast replicating the blog to our database.

Constant Contact review by Eisha M. C.
Eisha M. C.

"Works well!"

What do you like best?

I really like being able to monitor how many people are opening our e-mails and then how many people are also clicking through our e-mails. It helps us figure out what types of e-mails are most effective and what we keep doing in the future to make sure that we are reaching all of our tenants.

What do you dislike?

I really just wish it was harder for people to unsubscribe from our e-mails. I get that there is probably a law behind how they do it, but a lot of our tenants don't realize that this is how we send out most of our information and they end up missing out on some important stuff.

We are figuring out where our time can be well spent versus where we are wasting time. A lot of our promos just don't even get opened, so we have to find ways to reach them. It is really helpful to look back and see how many people actually read the e-mails we sent.

Constant Contact review by Kirsten J.
Kirsten J.

"It does what we need it to, though not the most intuitive"

What do you like best?

I like the contact importing and the organization of campaigns and lists. It makes it much easier when we need to send messages quickly or have campaigns that reoccur often

What do you dislike?

The actual crafting of the email is not as smooth as I would like it to be. It takes longer to put together and design the email, especially if our need does not fit to a template

Recommendations to others considering the product

Throughout the time I have used constant contact it has continued to get better and I believe is on track to be an incredible business tool

We have a huge email list that would be worthless if we did have constant contact to take advantage of it and help us communicate with current and potential customers. The reports are also crucial to monitoring how successful our spending on email campaigns or similar promotions are.

Constant Contact review by Randy L.
Randy L.

"Constantly contacting CONSTANT CONTACT!"

What do you like best?

I like the creation section where I can make my own newsletters. I like I can see who has opened anything, when, how many times and if they do not open anything.

What do you dislike?

I guess I would also like a text feature that goes out the same thime as the email. Maybe even something saying to check your emasil

Recommendations to others considering the product

They have a double optin feature and I truly beieve they help me stay off the spam list. They also have leads and I may need to buy some in the very near future.

I was on a server that was being used by a bunch of people. The owner was actually spamming the heck out of people. Anytime I would send an email, they would have to go to junk or spam to find it.I wanted something different.

Constant Contact review by Andrea C.
Andrea C.

"Constant Contact, the One-Stop Solution for Local Business & Brands"

What do you like best?

I like that I can add events, polls, coupons, and "text to join" our marketing campaigns. I also like the social media integration and widget for the website (event calendar for example.) The customer support is the best feature, by email, chat and you can even get a live person by phone! Also, you are assigned a Success Manager to help get you started with the best package, your first campaign as well as a customized templat to match the look and feel of yoru brand. There are also tons of articles and video tutorials to walk you through every task on the platform.

What do you dislike?

$45 per month is not always an easy sell for clients with 500 contacts or less. Also, CC only allows for one Welcome Email, I would like a different one for each list if I choose. I would also like the Constant Contact branding to be more subtle on campaigns - their logo is prominent at the bottom of email campaigns for example..I would also like more control of header graphic on campaigns and sign up forms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend some time in the vast library of tutorials and help videos. This will ease the learning curve for using a new system.

Maintaining and building relationships with subscribers. Staying relevant and top-of-, mind. Helping clients do the same. The landing pages have been a good feature for clients who choose to have a "brochure, informational only" style website. Also, the various lead capture options are effective - popup box can be timed or pop up on visitor exit. Of course, they have the traditional sign up box.

Constant Contact review by Christina G.
Christina G.

"The push towards plain text emails"

What do you like best?

The template options allow for you to easily select a structure based on your needs. The click and drag features make it quick and easy to construct a campaign.

What do you dislike?

More and more of my clients are moving towards plain text emails in order to not have to worry about images not showing in certain email inboxes and our open and click rates have increased since we started doing this. I would like it if CC had more templates for plain text based on the objectives. HubSpot offers plain text prewritten emails based on what your goals for the email are.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For structured image based emails this offers a lot of templates that are easy to customize.

I run email marketing campaigns for various clients. Some are monthly newsletters, while others are based on upcoming news, specials, etc.

Constant Contact review by Kim M.
Kim M.

"Simple Integration with MindBody Software"

What do you like best?

I like Constant Contacts ability to create different surveys and lists for a variety of purposes. The ability to resend to people that have not opened it, tracking reports and design tools are great features.

What do you dislike?

I do not like how some of the information in MindBody does not sync properly to Constant Contact. Sometimes last names are imported as first names and birthdays are not synched. There are not interest fields in MindBody that sync into Constant Contact in order to segment our marketing efforts.

We use Constant Contact on a weekly basis. The email communication tools in MindBody are very simple and not focused on high quality visuals, so we utilize Constant Contact as a supplemental tool. We use it to keep our customers informed with monthly newsletters and deals, promote upcoming events and distribute surveys with promotional codes to first time clients.

Constant Contact review by Kathy K.
Kathy K.

"Powerful communications tool"

What do you like best?

The formatting process keeps getting easier and easier. The results are visually appealing and adaptable to many platforms, from PC to small devices. There is great flexibility in setting up blocks of information, images and documents are easy to upload. It's much easier to move blocks around, and there are more options for formatting.

What do you dislike?

Some of the formatting functions are still fall a little short, but the process has been improving steadily over the past couple of years, so I'm hopeful it will continue to be streamlined. One quirk in particular with the newest templates is newly uploaded images don't always appear; at least once per session I have to refresh the page for everything to appear.

It would also be a great time saver for documents to appear in some particular order. As it is, a document can upload at the beginning of the list, in the middle, or at the end. The logic isn't clear, so I often spend more time than I would like looking for a document I just uploaded so I can link it to my message.

It's very easy for us to communicate with our church congregation from a simple reminder message to a more longer weekly message that includes several links to various documents and websites.

Constant Contact review by Tracy C.
Tracy C.

"Industry standard platform with great service "

What do you like best?

Constant Contact is an industry standard. Like how it allows us to connect with our website to allow prospects to join our mailing list as well as the text to join capabilities. New drag and drop template design is easier to work with. Really appreciate having the online LiveChat customer service. I've used that a lot and it has been extremely helpful in troubleshooting last minute technical issues I've had with eblasts.

What do you dislike?

Would appreciate adding greater functionality along the lines of the following:

• Easier tracking of images. If use a lot of images in designs it can be hard to find the image you want. Can't see full image name and thumbnail of pix are small so hard to see which one you're choosing.

• Better understanding of the bounces. Many come up as suspended, but no real understanding or reasoning for this given.

• Better click tracking reports. Seems like with the newer templates this has changed.

• Better ways to avoid getting caught in spam filters

Recommendations to others considering the product

updated templates don't offer Google Analytics tracking. Really hoping that very valuable feature is added back ASAP

connecting with customers and prospects.

Constant Contact review by Kathleen B.
Kathleen B.

"Good Email Mktg Tool but you pay the price"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use and assortment of templates. Regularly making improvements.

What do you dislike?

Comparing to other email marketing tools it is pricier and they tend to up charge when adding on additional features. Have issues sometimes with placement of images in some of the article blocks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Constant contact is continuous evolving in a positive way however some of the improvements require additional fees. I feel Constant Contact is a great service but many options provided may be found through less expensive services. Research by taking advantage of 30 day trails may help in determining if the expense is worth it.

As a small business the email marketing has been an effective tool to inform our clients of upcoming events and products available. We have realized resulting sales from posted information and attendance from posted events.

Constant Contact review by Jay L.
Jay L.

"Great Marketing Tool"

What do you like best?

I really like the different templates and the easy way you can develop and form your own corporate style. This is an incredibly easy and intuitive platform to use. You can work on several projects at a time an it is easy to find each and work between them.

What do you dislike?

Could have an easier way to switch between drafts and sent files but that is really a minor issue. Overall, a very functional system and very easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the best mail program.....why go anywhere else.

It was purchased as a way to grow our club membership. We are very successfully growing the membership of our club by using tactical email blasts to local organizations. The response rate to our outreach has been better than i expected.

Constant Contact review by Randy L.
Randy L.

"Ahhh... My old Friend!!"

What do you like best?

The protection of my domain name and the reputation of a trusted service. I am also familiar with the product as I used it 10 years ago. Obviously it is a good viable way to communicate via internet access as it has passed all laws. The double opt in is one of my favorite features. I don't want to be considered a spam communicator.

What do you dislike?

Wish they offered a Text drop service to the same contacts. If the system automatically upgrades to the next program if you exceed the contact number threshold, it should also work in reverse, meaning if my contacts list falls below a certain amount, it should automatically downgrade your plan.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Maybe offer a way to Text drop or voice mail drop the same contacts . I don't really have any other suggestions but this thing will not get me away from it unless I fill it with unneeded and unnecessary fluff, I do not understand why you force more than just my opinion.

I am not looking like a "spammer" and if you want to stop, just opt out! It has an awesome news letter builder so now I can just give information without have to always seem like I need a reason for contacting them. They can also get helpful information from me which means I can build rapport and trust. Hopefully it will generate referrals sales.

Constant Contact review by Brandon N.
Brandon N.

"Love it!"

What do you like best?

The interface is easy to use and keeping up with contact lists is a breeze. Especially with the most recent update, it makes it easy for me to make sure that the text goes where I want it to go and it ensures that I am able to keep everything the same from email to email. Additionally, having the chance to copy an email and then edit it again makes it great for sending out a series of campaigns. For example, we just had an event at work and I sent 5 emails with the same format for 5 weeks. instead of having to redo each email, I was able to copy the original email and then go from there.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to merge contact lists together and I wish it was a little bit easier to get pictures to go where you wanted in the emails. I feel as if sometimes the pictures are placed into the email without much thought and it can lead to difficulty in trying to keep it professional. For example, I have noticed that when it comes to trying to do an image on one side and text on another, the image will sometimes cut into the text making the email look unprofessional, which can be a problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

N/A

It makes it so easy for us to keep in touch with our participants and I love how they respond to the emails.

Constant Contact review by Maryanne R.
Maryanne R.

"Looks beautiful and is hard-working under the hood"

What do you like best?

Constant Contact has beautiful templates with easy drag and drop blocks to help build professional and visually pleasing emails. The Contacts are easily organized into groups and the data on these groups is easily accessible. It is a good experience for both the sender and the receiver.

What do you dislike?

Constant Contact does not. use the same metrics we enjoy for our customers to assess the Constant Contact customers. We get repeated offers for things we are already participating in. Not a dislike, really, a waste of time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have recommended to agencies that have a small staff to manage many email messages. It keeps your contacts organized and catches duplicate emails as it goes. It meters the email sending so you don't have to.

We are a K-12 school and our parent communications are largely through Constant Contact. Parents know what to expect and watch for our emails.

Constant Contact review by Megan S.
Megan S.

"Email Marketing Go-To"

What do you like best?

I like how many options are available for marketers! Constant Contact offers more than just your basic email marketing, with the ability to also post to social media. I like the ease of use for adding your own HTML coding instead of using a template.

What do you dislike?

It's not the most user friendly platform. I find it a bit convoluted and not very intuitive

Recommendations to others considering the product

I find customer service to be helpful some times, but not all times. Overall, I don't think it's the easiest product to use for email marketing, but it is very thorough and offers a lot. It's a great product, but there is a learning curve to get used to the dashboard and how to do everything.

We use Constant Contact for email marketing on behalf of clients.

Constant Contact review by Suzanne M.
Suzanne M.

"I use Constant Contact to send business email campaigns for various industries."

What do you like best?

I like that I can schedule an email and the detailed, real time reporting and tracking features. I like how easy it is to manage several contact lists and how they are automatically de-duped.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the limited design capabilities. I usually just send up designing my own template, saving it as a jpeg image and inserting into the email template. I also don't like that there is no location tracking for email recipients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a good tool for email campaigns, especially for users who do not have design capabilities. For experienced designers, you may get frustrated with the set design parameters.

I am able to reach my company's target audience easily and track interest. The benefits are immediate response. I also appreciate the extended reach that can be achieved by the forwarding feature, although if the person you forward the email to unsubscribes, it will take the sender's name off of your contact list.

Constant Contact review by Brooke H.
Brooke H.

"Easy to use AND customize email marketing platform!"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to upload contacts, monitor them and see the analytics in regards to email marketing. I love the customizability of the email templates.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a photo editing software incorporated into the platform for pictures that are too large to upload.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great platform - it's very easy to use and to train others to use. There customer service is out of this world and they have excellent quality video tutorials for any questions that you may have. They offer advertising tips in order to obtain more contacts for your business and suggestions on how to improve the quality of your emails.

A better email platform with steady contacts and spam rating.

Constant Contact review by Jessie P.
Jessie P.

"Good but needs work"

What do you like best?

Nice, Clean designs with best send times

What do you dislike?

Templates are rigid & mobile needs work

Recommendations to others considering the product

The basics are there, but I recommend utilizing all marketing best practices when designing campaigns. The emails can look tacky if not designed thoughtfully. Also be careful when inserting images - make sure the resolution is high enough (screenshots don't always turn out well), and be prepared for layouts that don't allow much movement of images. I suggest stocking your library with all the media you use consistently, eg: logos, visuals, box text, etc so that you can easily pull from that stock when designing. It saves you time and effort when you don't have to hunt around for that one picture. Something I think very important is how the campaign will look on different screens: mobile, desktop, tablet, etc. For example you often don't see the color border when viewing on mobile, although it appears on a desktop. If the color scheme plays into your design in an important way, try to include it in the background, photos, or text you use instead.

Easily mails to thousands of contacts, with best send time option which is very handy. It's great for getting our message out as a nonprofit because we can electronically send our newsletters and updates to our supporters.

Constant Contact review by Victoria S.
Victoria S.

"Easy Use, but Slightly Outdated"

What do you like best?

The ability to keep thousands of business contacts on hand whenever and wherever we need them. Allows user(s) to connect a contact form to WordPress for bloggers. Shows all activity and reports on active members within your list of contacts, as well as how many emails were opened versus the number of emails in your marketing blast. Constant Contact also has free webinars and classes for business people, which is great for people looking to grow their business. Emails can be formatted to fit computer- based and mobile- based online reading. I can also look up singular members by phone number, first and/or name, or email address.

What do you dislike?

The software and format is slightly outdated, compared to other modern clouds and records websites. Also lacks a few simple features within the program, such as providing direction to the user. (I.e., after entering a single contact, the user is directed to a single information page of the contact they just entered, and provides no options as to what could happen next; such as entering another contact, going to the home page, or information revision.)

Entering contacts is easy one-by-one, but software has minimal tutorials on how to use the program for beginners. It took me a while to figure out how to enter many contacts at the same time, rather than one at a time. When you have several hundred new contacts to enter, it can take a while to have to redirect to four pages before

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's easy to use and inexpensive, as far as these types of programs go.

I love that I can look up information per contact whenever I need it, and connecting to WordPress is a fantastic way to keep up with new people in my blogspace.

Constant Contact review by Ryan S.
Ryan S.

"Easily navigable marketing email platform, but emails sometimes don't end up in inboxes"

What do you like best?

Constant Contact was so much easier to use than a mail merge because the platform allowed us to input all emails into one folder and populate successive emails with the addresses. We were also able to monitor our research participant engagement through tracking whether or not they opened emails, which we needed to be able to do.

What do you dislike?

The one issue we experienced was that the emails were often getting sent to our participants' second tier or junk emails. We are not sure why this happened, but it forced us to ask the research participants to add our email addresses to their contact lists since they needed to be receiving these emails. I'm not sure why this was (maybe the spam filter recognized a mass email), but functionality to prevent this would make Constant Contact the perfect platform.

Sending mass emails quickly and efficiently while tracking whether our research subjects are actually opening the emails we send them.

Constant Contact review by Michael P.
Michael P.

"Pressure to grow list with the limited Free Trial"

What do you like best?

Great email builder, arguably much more developer friendly than Mailchimp (although Mailchimp is much friendlier for casual users) as well as very deep A/B testing capabilities that rival Mailchimp.

What do you dislike?

For new clients starting with a small list, the "free trial" time is limited, and will start generating operating costs much sooner than using Mailchimp's unlimited free period that grows with the list size. Send times seem to be a bit longer than Mailchimp at times, and the UI can be a bit more laggy and have more frequent down-times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Considering the competitors, there really isn't a silver bullet that Constant Contact provides over the rest, but it's a solid product at a competitive price. Not the greatest when your just trying out a new or small email list and want to play around for a few months since the trial is limited.

Constant Contact solves generally all the same email marketing problems that other providers do, although it's had more time to mature compared to Mailchimp so the feature set is larger. Some of our clients prefer to use Constant Contact given it's been around for longer and is perceived as the industry standard for larger corporations. No additional benefits in actuality have been realized.

Constant Contact review by Gail T.
Gail T.

"Constant Contact not my fave"

What do you like best?

Replication works well. Changing items in the library works well, even after message sent. Figuring that out the first time was difficult.

That login is saved in computer so login is easier.

What do you dislike?

Cost. Can't create own email appearance, only choose from their designs. Not enough free art. That most recent upload isn't automatically at the top for linking in email message. I tie to a PDF e-newsmagazine. Wish I could take out some of the air in the facing email that has the link to the PDF.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Investigate all products to find the one that will reach the most of your potential subscribers. Many ISPs automatically block Constant Contact emails.

Be systematic in naming your messages so they stay chronological. Be systematic in naming your images so you can sort them.

Communicating with many; ISPs are so restricted. Having similarity in message appearance for branding. Having single place that email addresses are held to facilitate message distribution.

Constant Contact review by Lorie M.
Lorie M.

"We love using it but sometimes it doesn't love us."

What do you like best?

We have used Constant Contact for about 10 years now. The support staff has been great whenever we've had issues (which isn't very often). The database is easy to use and to add our own unique fields. The email software (which is what we typically use) offers many options for design, lots of fonts and colors. It's very easy to upload graphics, photos and documents, and linking is simple.

What do you dislike?

While it is easy to use, sometimes the fonts and sizes change between when I type them and when I save the block. Also, the new "software" doesn't seem as intuitive as the old setup.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out first. While we love it, it may not be for everyone.

Getting news of events, emergencies, water issues, etc., to our members is of utmost importance. CC helps us do that.

Constant Contact review by Abigail H.
Abigail H.

"Consistently ... Constant Contact"

What do you like best?

Constant Contact recently went through a user interface upgrade, which is a huge improvement over its old integration. The "Campaigns" page keeps all of your campaigns neatly in one place, and shows click and open rates right in one screen. You can also now quickly archive newsletters when, in the past, that was not an option.

Constant Contact is robust and has a nice event registration integration. You can sell tickets to an event or workshop right from Constant Contact, so it is also easy to manage mailing lists. The reporting function is also a nice visual and allows you to see what is performing, and what is underperforming.

What do you dislike?

Constant Contact is a robust platform for email marketing. They are also one of the oldest email marketing platforms, and it often shows. In a word: buggy. For example, the autosave options can malfunction, which means you can lose content. Downloading your invoices can also be clunky, and it takes many clicks to print one invoice. Removing formatting to reformat text from another program (such as Google Docs, Pages, or Microsoft word) also frequently malfunctions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Explore your options. Constant Contact has been in the business for awhile and chugs along, doing its job. However, newer companies have popped up in the last two or three years that may offer your company more features and a newer UI.

Constant Contact allows me to send out mass emails to a lot of constituents in a short amount of time. I am able to send information quickly and with low bounce rates.

Constant Contact review by Sierra W.
Sierra W.

"Great for companies with no marketers"

What do you like best?

It allows emails that look more customized for events, occasions, etc, without the work.

What do you dislike?

For me as a marketer, I wish it was more customizable. My biggest problem is when I want to use it to market something and I can't do what I want to. It's for this reason that I use several different email automation systems for different purposes. But, like I said, for a small business that may not have a marketer, I think it would be very beneficial.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a small start up company, particularly one without a marketing team, I would suggest Constant Contact above any of the other automation systems I have used. They have pre-made templates for most occasions, and are fairly customizable. As you grow and want an email that looks more specific to your company, I would suggest another automation system either as an addition, or to replace Constant Contact.

Honestly, for me personally, I only use it for generic emails because the others I want to customize more.

Constant Contact review by Amanda H.
Amanda H.

"Best Product for the Use Case"

What do you like best?

I have used Constant Contact on a weekly basis for nearly 10 years, and the best selling point to me is the ease of use. It is quite simple to enter information, edit and sent out six emails a week for my various school buildings in addition to around 4-5 special information emails each month. The interface makes sense, works well and makes my tasks easy. As well, I feel that the customer service is fantastic. They quickly solve any issue that pops up, and they help with issues caused by my users to themselves such as deleting their accounts and then trying to readd.

What do you dislike?

In the decade, I have used the product, I have found that some days there are "wonky" issues every now and again. Such as, despite formatting being stripped before adding text, it still reads that formatting and messes up the text I have entered by refusing to remove bold, deleting lines, etc. Generally, this issue is very limited these days.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sign up for their free trial. You'll see the great product they have to use, and the way the make it easier for their users. As well, the customer service is top-notch.

I use this product as a main communication source for families and community members in my school district. It allows me to send out detailed e-newsletters each week if I choose, but it also allows for quick and easy emergency messages. Both can be done with ease resulting in more transparency for my district and our families.

Constant Contact review by Neal M.
Neal M.

"Difficult to build an email list. "

What do you like best?

I like the templates and ease of creating a nice, professional product to email out for announcements. The emails have a very professional look and feel to them. The emails are fast and easy to create. There are plenty of how to videos to teach you the tricks to building a great advertisement. I also love the feature that allows you to track who opens the email and when.

What do you dislike?

They are too strict on their policy for distribution lists. I pulled emails from the GREC lists where ALL real estate agents go to get contact info, and because I had some people unsubscribe, Constant Contact unsubscribed 98% of my list. I also do not like the fact that I receive Constant Contact emails from several people and companies that I do not know and in most cases, have never even heard of, but they are not being blocked the same way we were.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be careful whose emails you put in your contacts. If too many people unsubscribe, Constant Contact will lock your account down and you will not be able to send emails. You will however, continue to be billed for the service. I recommend you use their link to have contacts sign up for your email list. It is easy to create and send, but it is hard to get people to sign up for email newsletters. People simply get too much email already.

None currently! We are currently using another program for this marketing, but may be switching back to constant contact in the future due to how much easier it is to use.

Constant Contact review by Brenda T.
Brenda T.

"Overall, Constant Contact is easy to use and has some great functionality for email marketing & more"

What do you like best?

Constant Contact is easy to use for those who are new the the platform, yet allows some higher-level customization for those who are more experienced/with more skill. I like the one-click unsubscribe feature and that it keeps track of that for me so I don't accidentally send mail to someone who has opted out.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the templates don't allow enough flexibility, and moving around the different parts -- especially for the event registration platform -- can be complex and clunky. I also would like it to more easily track who has registered for an event and who has not, so that I can automatically send a reminder invitation to those who have not yet responded (vs. having to figure it out myself manually, create new lists, etc.) -- that is VERY inconvenient.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you only need to use the product for a portion of a year, you can put your account "on hold" -- and for a very small monthly fee, they will keep all of your data, templates, etc., in place and allow you to resume full service when ready; you can move back and forth between these account statuses -- great way to not waste money! (Note: you need to call customer support to change account status)

Constant Contact provides a vehicle for us to help our clients get the word out to larger numbers of contacts that (hopefully) is not seen as spam by ISPs and other email filters. Visually pleasing and mobile-friendly emails are easy to create for non-programmers -- which provides convenience and cost savings. We can manage accounts and mailings/events for our clients, which allows us to provide added value to our clients -- we provide a needed service and a reasonable cost (vs. programmers, etc.) and save them time, so they can focus on what they do for a living vs. figuring out email platforms, etc.

Constant Contact review by Kyle M.
Kyle M.

"Me Likey- overall great"

What do you like best?

I love the easy user interface. Beginners will have no problem jumping right in. Also like that the way constant contact formats the emails makes them mobile friendly. They also have a nice chat feature for when you have issues or questions. The sign up feature they provide for embedding in your Wordpress website is amazing. It has saved so much time for us. Now we don't have to export sign up lists and upload them anymore.

What do you dislike?

Some of the templates don't edit well. When you choose a template sometimes they don't let you delete portions that aren't relevant to you. Other than that, I don't have much negative to say about Constant Contact.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a pricey option for email marketing, but it won't let you down. They have everything you need and amazing support services. They also offer many free learning opportunities that you can take advantage of.

We are solving the disconnect between our org and our supporters. This helps us stay in touch with them.

Constant Contact review by Christine A.
Christine A.

"Very versatile for those looking to make beautiful emails with ease"

What do you like best?

Really like the variety of templates that come pre-built with the platform. As a developer, I'm used to building out custom templates, but I was shocked to see how easy it was to choose one with a similar look. Then edit it with more/less modules, upload and resize photos, and give custom padding around particular sections. The desktop/mobile testing is also very useful when trying to quick test what the email looks like before sending it out.

What do you dislike?

- Wish there was a way to do vertical center alignment with sections that have text and an image.

- Changing the widths of certain sections that are next to each other sometimes doesn't work (or takes multiple trys)

- Wish there was a undo button

- Would be nice to save variations of the designs that you make

Looking to make templates quickly for people to use to emails. The base templates and modules make it easy for me to quickly create different variations to send to others for feedback

Constant Contact review by Davielle B.
Davielle B.

"Best overall client contact that is easy to use"

What do you like best?

I love the overall idea of being able to customize your invite/meeting/advertising for a quick design without using a design program.

What do you dislike?

The only dislike I have found is the file upload size. As a graphic designer, I will create borders or background designs that fit with the event. However, I am constantly having to go back and save down the file size. The main issue with this is after I upload the jpg, it appears pixilated when it was saved at a high web quality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend everyone to use it! It is wonderful. It will help you store all of your contacts and ensure they are reading your emails. It will help you keep track of your subscribers and also allow them to unsubscribe. You are able to create items for future use and store them or set a date of when you would like Constant Contact to send it out. Their monthly costs are low and affordable. I would love to see constant contact start creating engaging copy for subscribers to use. Also, getting compliance approval for those companies who need it for any pre-written copy would be great too. Regardless of who is using constant contact, and for what purpose, I believe anyone who uses it will find it very useful.

Getting the word out about my employer for events, speakers, informational seminar is super easy! I love how it keeps track of major details for marketing. (ie. tracking of emails, who opens emails, who clicks on the links, etc.)

Constant Contact review by Carmen R.
Carmen R.

"Better for small companies"

What do you like best?

The software is simple to use, it also provides you with useful analytics and shows you how you measure up to industry average.

What do you dislike?

As a marketer, I prefer a program that is more flexible. I wish it was more 'customizable'. I am unable to do what I want with the layout which can get frustrating. It is basically a more expensive Mail Chimp...

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a small business that needs to set up a newsletter program I suggest using this software. If you are a larger company that can afford software that is more flexible, do not purchase constant contact. It really all comes down to what your company needs are.

We just need to send out promotions/coupons to customers. It is quick and easy to use. We also have plans to utilize the survey feature in hopes to gain some more valuable feedback

Constant Contact review by Kelsey M.
Kelsey M.

"Easy To Use, But Graphics/Look Has Early 2000s Vibe"

What do you like best?

It is very simple to use! The navigation is simple :) It really couldn't be any easier for a first-time user to figure out. A kid could definitely use it without any guidance (provided that they can read). I really enjoy using it, so that's a plus. I also love that you can view how many emails were opened , even who opened them and what they clicked on! As a marketing person, that's the greatest gift ever. Real data you can see, use and understand. Sadly, not all marketing products offer that. But Constant Contact does! And they do it well.

What do you dislike?

Most of the templates end up looking sort of outdated. I describe it as "an early 2000s vibe." They could really use a face-lift to make them more attractive. That's honestly the only thing I don't like about it. Everything else is super great! Wish they'd adapted a more Mailchimp-esque look for all of their products. I think they would crush the competition if they changed up the look a bit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want very sleek, sophisticated-looking email campaigns, try another service.

It is easy to track data and see what customers are responding to. It 's a great solution for our team members who don't have any experience with online marketing - it empowers them to effectively reach out and communicate to our customers effectively. That's one of the best things about it! It's also great a storing our contacts - which change frequently.

Constant Contact review by Paige M.
Paige M.

"Helpful tool for mass mailings"

What do you like best?

Constant Contact is a great tool for sending out emails to a large number of people. Constant contact is user friendly, allows many options for customizing your emails by using pictures, adding your company logo, and linking webpages allowing to easily direct contacts to your webpage.

What do you dislike?

I do wish there was a feature to create the email blast to look more individualized to each contact. Ideally, it would be nice to be able to greet someone by name while sending a mass mailing (like mail merge). I've noticed mail merge not working on my updated windows, so constant contact is a great option. However, I wish there were some features from mail merge that transferred to constant contact.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you would like a personal touch to your emails, by adding names to individual emails sent out in mass quantities, I am unsure if this is completely possible. However, with such great quality support, I'm sure someone from constant contact could help figure this out.

We do email blasts to a large number of contacts (3000+) This allows to send many emails by clicking one button, and the process takes no time at all, it is very quick and painless. This allows also for you to link websites to pictures in the email blast so that if a reader clicks the picture it directs them quickly to your webpage.

Learn more about Constant Contact

Constant Contact Videos

Learning about Constant Contact?

* We monitor all Constant Contact reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
3.9