Constant Contact

Constant Contact

105 ratings
95 6.9 / 10
Request a Demo
Constant Contact introduced the first email marketing tool for small businesses, nonprofits, and associations in 1998. Today, the company helps more than 600,000 customers worldwide find marketing success through the only all-in-one online marketing platform for small organizations.

Constant Contact Reviews (95 reviews)

• I love that Constant Contact has become a real all in one solution for modern web communication. It's not just email anymore -- through Constant Contact, you can even... Read More
    0 jbmxxpwp4iltzq4nx 2hxarg4f  vqmnxlshxrmffo6pegm9ltypekd39tty9tzspkutibbfr86h
    Kristin H.
  • Constant Contact has a very friendly UI, making it a snap for anyone to log in and create a visually stimulating email. The drag and drop functionality is easy to use... Read More
    0 toanqyl4d5bh pmk3jhwqp6v7q ziphkiyldqptkk 6epz0rd43ssyzethtb8rdy8j1eruxdow c
    Casey S.
    Administrator in Publishing

Mike Munter, Constant Contact Review

What do you like best?

Phone support. I'm not a super techie guy and reliable phone support is the deciding factor for many of the software programs I invest in.

Anytime I have a problem, I call them up and there is no question too simple. I'm am walked through my solution screen by screen while my patient customer service rep stands by. With Constant Contact, I feel supported at every turn. They do everything, but press SEND for me :)

What do you dislike?

Nothing. Email marketing is a simple way to remain top of mind with customers. It's a great way to let people know that you're still doing what you're doing.

Here's an example - a realtor told me this story. She was contacted out of the blue by someone she had sold a home for several years prior. The person said was looking to buy a new home and started his email with, "Hey, are you still doing real estate?" This should never happen! Constant Contact helps you stay in touch, so all your "people" know that you are still active at whatever you are doing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do it :)

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

We're helping clients keep in touch with customers. We're cross-selling customers into new products. We're getting orders from people we haven't spoken to in a long time (a B2B client recently had that happen). We're driving website traffic for clients and we're helping their customers stay up to date with news and events.

Validated Review

Constant Contact is easy to use, affordable and has great customer service!

What do you like best?

I've used Constant Contact for several years in a couple different companies. I attended a training where they helped me build a custom template for my business and educated me on important marketing strategies and pitfalls to avoid. I find the templates easy to navigate and when I have had trouble, my call was answered right away by customer support who were knowledgeable and helped fix my mistakes. Overall, great company!

What do you dislike?

I haven't had many problems except when I've tried to edit the code and have had to have customer service fix it, but again they were friendly and patient with me and were able to correct it!

Recommendations to others considering the product

In comparing different email marketing companies, Constant Contact seemed like the obvious choice for our business. They have all the features we need and the excellent customer support has ensured I'm using the product correctly.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

I use it mostly to connect with clients and provide them with updates on the company and pertinent information. We have a high open rate for our industry and I think the training I attended really helped me craft my emails in such a way that we get a lot of clicks to articles and the website.

Validated Review

Constant contact is tacky, unproffessional and cheap

What do you like best?

They do what they are supposed to do. Send emails. Nothing more nothing less.

What do you dislike?

You get assigned an account representative. That is the only one who will assist you. If said person is busy on the phone, or at lunch you need to wait. I ended up using Google to solve many of my problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I was not happy. Though my account representative was a lovely girl named Kaligh O. Pitty that she wasnt in management,

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

After I started my own business, I was delighted to see that Constant Contact had a 60 day trial for free. That was perfect for me. I had used them in the past as the manager of my previous company, and this would allow me to build my contact list without having to worry about justifying another monthly bill while I scratched and clawed for business leads. I was happy for a few weeks. I sent out occasional emails and eventually compiled got 21 contacts. That was until this morning. I got a call from a Jack or Matt from Constant contact. He said that I was manipulating my trial because I was exceeding the max of sending to 10 contacts. I had not realized that I was not allowed to copy emails and resend them to others. Now like I said, I wasn't sending to hundreds of contacts. I sent this particular email to 17. He threatened to block my account. I was very befuddled. I have come to expect this service from my bank, or struggling small businesses. Not from legit companies like Amazon....

Very happy

What do you like best?

After researching several e-mail marketing companies, we went with Constant Contact because we felt they brought more to the table than some of their competitors.

I can honestly say that my experience to date has always been very positive. I handle the marketing for an electrical contractor and our focus in terms of e-mail marketing is customer retention. Our Account Manager, Leah Mooradian, has been a pleasure to work with. Aside from sharing best practices for e-mail marketing in general, she has always been very responsive to all my questions and concerns. Although the templates are very user-friendly, there is a little bit of a learning curve when it comes to tweaking certain aspects of the templates and Leah has been a terrific teacher.

As with all growing companies, it is their goal to continue to improve their product. Any ideas/suggestions that I shared with Leah on ways to improve the templates were always received with sincere gratitude and an assurance that...

What do you dislike?

I have not found any aspect of this company to find fault with.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

We have seen a good response from our customers.

Validated Review

Started from scratch…Learned it fast.

What do you like best?

Top of the best list: the customer support team. I started as an email marking novice and now I am gaining confidence with each interaction online or over the phone. From basic template help to webinars that focus on tips/techniques, I am now able to design and produce an email campaign quickly and successfully -- and with the metrics to demonstrate that success to the people I report to and the people I support in my organization.

What do you dislike?

Top of the dislike list: the saving routine. It's a small point in the overall big picture. But, the need to save the text/graphic section I am working on and then save the entire email draft is a source of frustration. Isn't there an autosave function that could save me time?

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have worked with "the freebie" email marketing services in other settings and do not find them to have the same ease of use or flexibility. And, I am so pleased with the support team at Constant Contact. They have been there every time I needed help.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

I am an outreach coordinator for non-profit organizations and I am actively trying to engage audiences across both traditional and digital media platforms. The Constant Contact suite allows me to segment and interact with my contact list as the message or the need changes. And, I am very thankful that I have access to the expanded image library functionality. Having those graphic files handy allows me to add visual impact to the message.

Do you like gift cards?

Amazon 5 acb2afc66dfe6e51202b4e162a57da805ec9b95eb7f040e8b25be06cd783556f

Write your first review today, and we’ll send you a $5 Amazon gift card as a thanks for your time and input.

Review Now

Tags

* We monitor all Constant Contact reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Would you like to receive more information about Constant Contact?