Constant Contact

Constant Contact

67 6.3 / 10
Request a Demo
More than 500,000 small businesses, nonprofits, and associations worldwide rely on Constant Contact to help create and grow customer relationships.

Constant Contact Reviews (67)

• I love that Constant Contact has become a real all in one solution for modern web communication. It's not just email anymore -- through Constant Contact, you can even... Read More
    0 jbmxxpwp4iltzq4nx 2hxarg4f  vqmnxlshxrmffo6pegm9ltypekd39tty9tzspkutibbfr86h
    Kristin H.
  • Constant Contact has a very friendly UI, making it a snap for anyone to log in and create a visually stimulating email. The drag and drop functionality is easy to use... Read More
    0 toanqyl4d5bh pmk3jhwqp6v7q ziphkiyldqptkk 6epz0rd43ssyzethtb8rdy8j1eruxdow c
    Casey S.
    Administrator in Publishing
Validated Review

Constant contact is tacky, unproffessional and cheap

What do you like best?

They do what they are supposed to do. Send emails. Nothing more nothing less.

What do you dislike?

You get assigned an account representative. That is the only one who will assist you. If said person is busy on the phone, or at lunch you need to wait. I ended up using Google to solve many of my problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I was not happy. Though my account representative was a lovely girl named Kaligh O. Pitty that she wasnt in management,

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

After I started my own business, I was delighted to see that Constant Contact had a 60 day trial for free. That was perfect for me. I had used them in the past as the manager of my previous company, and this would allow me to build my contact list without having to worry about justifying another monthly bill while I scratched and clawed for business leads. I was happy for a few weeks. I sent out occasional emails and eventually compiled got 21 contacts. That was until this morning. I got a call from a Jack or Matt from Constant contact. He said that I was manipulating my trial because I was exceeding the max of sending to 10 contacts. I had not realized that I was not allowed to copy emails and resend them to others. Now like I said, I wasn't sending to hundreds of contacts. I sent this particular email to 17. He threatened to block my account. I was very befuddled. I have come to expect this service from my bank, or struggling small businesses. Not from legit companies like Amazon....

Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Hospitality - Constant Contact Review Author
Updated On

CONSTANT CONTACT IS STARTING THE CONNECTION ALREADY WITH A LIE

What do you like best?

I don't like anything about this company. I did not do any business with them because of the way I was approached. See below.

What do you dislike?

I was called a few days ago and asked to be interviewed for Tripadvisor. We scheduled a phone conversation for today at 10:00 AM. When I received the call the entire conversation started off about Constant Contact and how their product could help me run the business.

When I said that I was told to be interviewed for an article and that I would not like the shady approach nor wanted to do business on the phone and would hang up now the person on the other end was very rude and said that I can not hang up and that I have to listen to him.

I am not letting anybody tell me what I have to do. I can make my own decisions. If this company already needs to lie to get the first contact and get somebody to listen to them I don't even want to do business with them. If they would have a great product this would not be necessary.

All people in charge of the restaurants in my company have been advised to not engage in any conversation.

Business Analysis.

Constant Contact - Shady Billing Practices Makes Them a Business Risk

What do you like best?

The GUI controls are reasonably intuitive and typically, with the help of Customer Service to iron-out CSS issues, we are able to produce fine looking newsletters. Customer Service is accessible, knowledgeable, and helpful.

What do you dislike?

That said any reason for using Constant Contact is 100% cannibalized by their shady billing practices. First they more than doubled our billing rate unbeknownst to us. So now our volunteer-driven nonprofit is paying more than hosting and domain registration combined for our newsletter service which we used once in 2014. Why the price hike? They claim we have 564 "active contacts" which is 64 more contacts over the original quota of 500 that we signed up for. Reality: 564 contacts are not "active" as our usage records indicate. We only used 100+ contacts once for 2014. So they are confusing actual "active" use of contacts with the total number. The appropriate thing for them to do is to notify the customer that we about to go over quota and there will be a subsequent billing increase unless changes are made. Instead they sneak in the price hike without customer approval under their dubious definition of "active contacts". That's shyster move #1. Next, we lost our credit card...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep on looking. No one needs the stress and annoyance of always looking over your back with an online service. There are other email support services that don't go down the "gotcha'ya" road of billing and keep business relations on the up and up.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

Bad billing policies of Constant Contact. No benefits have been realized as of yet other than Constant Contact having adequate technology and staffing to deliver on services.

Constant Connections

What do you like best?

I love Constant Contact's thorough and comprehensive ability to make email marketing attainable for small businesses. I have been to their boot camp training and learned how to use the software in an environment where learning was the course for the day! I learned to use the software to achieve all my goals for contacting and connecting with my customers.

What do you dislike?

While there are some amazing features in Constant Contact there are times when I have found the software to be glitchy. For instance when I preview my email in the application and what is sent to my inbox can be distorted due to the HTML being a bit out of sorts at times. It has never been anything too bad but it can be an annoyance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be aware that when you sign up for Constant Contact you pay based on the number of email addresses you have. So make sure your mailing list stays lean and mean at all times. Cut off any flab from your list to save you money and time!

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

I use Constant Contact for not only my customers but for marketing emails and it performs beautifully. I love the break downs in that statistics that they provide making this software a great one to use for small businesses that need an affordable option for marketing!

Validated Review

I've been using Constant Contact for years and use it for many of my clients as well.

What do you like best?

When it works, I like everything about it. In fact, I very actively recommend it to many clients.

What do you dislike?

When it doesn't work or - more often - when it goes slow at approx 3pm GMT - it's an absolute pain. And I am getting fed up trying to defend it to my clients and - indeed - to myself.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

It just does not work. It freezes. And when I sign off and try and sign on again at approx 3 - 4pm GMT I am either wasting my time, locked out, or it hangs ever 10 seconds, I guess this is because I am trying to run a business on the other side of the pond and CC is primarily a US provider for US-based people and firms.

At Least, that's the only way I can explain it. Otherwise, how can a really great Rolls Royce system perform so downright badly in mid-afternoon GMT - every afternoon!

Is it because you just have too many users for your existing system and in the valleys you are very good and in the peaks you just don't appear to function?

Tags

* We monitor all Constant Contact reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Would you like to receive more information about Constant Contact?